Speaker 1: All right, So Steve, we get this request every year. People want us to play the closing from your stand up special. Remember when you did this. This is so memorable. Don't trip. He ain't through with me yet. At Bishop td Jake's megafest. This was back in two thousand and six. People still love this.
Speaker 2: I know, the exact year that I stopped going to hell.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two thousand and five, two thousand and six, a BYuT ride. Two thousand and seven when I really put the brakes on it. But yeah, I was full blast all the way up to two thousand and five. Full blast. It's a little rocking rocket boosters, just going commit it. Yeah. Man.
Speaker 1: Then Bishop called you you too.
Speaker 2: And you know, and he called me and asked me, and I told him. I said, man, let me think about it. And then I told him finally about the third cost pitch. I said, I can't do it, man, I said, Bro, you're asking me that. That's a whole hour. Know, because I'm in church, people ain't gonna big to deal with me. He said, Hey, man, I know you, he said, but better than that. God know your hard. He said, you good brother man, you could do it. Come on, do this all right, man, I do it? Im good. I'm gona put you down and put you on the way A good and he was done with it. He didn't know what he had threw me into. Because let me tell you something, man, I had to go right, don't trip. He ain't through me yet. It's a whole special I wrote. I had to go write that special. There wasn't jokes I was doing on the road. N I had to don't write that special. I had to go write that one. I had to go put this church stuff together. It was probably the easiest hardest set I've ever written because I grew up in the church, so I knew a lot of church stuff. I did not think that the church folks was gonna accept it because I was gonna have to talk about them. I was gonna have to talk about the people that they do. Let read announcements, you know, because the first thing about reading announcements, reading is fundamental. You can't put the ignorant people shouldn't be reading announcements at the church sick and check. I just it's just a lot of stuff I knew calling the past about every little thing I just I said, and then stuff that I knew how the choir saying who in the choir? You know stuff? You can't do no more?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I do any of them jokes, I'm being in trouble.
Speaker 1: That's so true, Steve, because my grandmother when she saw that special, she said, how he know all this is true?
Speaker 2: Talking about the church? All of that. I knew church because I grew up in it was gonna ask me.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, like for us comedians, you know, you don't know where the big gonna come from?
Speaker 2: But do you remember the money segment? Yeah? Do you remember the moment when you came up with that intro for Christ? Do you know you was at the time and play I was at. I was at the Grand Lux restaurant in l a Imber at the Beverly Center because I used to go from the radio show to the Grand Looks and sit there all day. Sometimes I three meals there if we played Domino's.
Speaker 1: All day though, all day that's why they shut it down to you know, I had a.
Speaker 2: Lot going on back then, so and you know, like and I would just sit there. And so one day Man Boom was there and Boom Dog, you know, had a hell of career. Man, what you like the most? I said, Man, I introduced everybody. I didn't use Bible, strike saying I introduced you know uh uh Neil Diamond Don and introduced I'm talking about every black person, Beyonce jay Z, I don't care who it is. I'm Luther Whitney Michael. I said. The only person I ain't never introduced was Jesus. I said, if I could just introduce Jesus, that are captain for me. They said, man, what would you say? And that was the bit.
Speaker 3: If I had the pleasure of bringing.
Speaker 2: Out Christ, this is just how I would do it. It ain't got to be the way you do it. You might not think it's just right, but this is how I would do it.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce a man who needs no introduction. His credits are too long to listen. He has done the impossible time half the time.
Speaker 2: He had out.
Speaker 4: Of Amazia in after Erusalem by way of Heaven.
Speaker 2: His mother is still.
Speaker 4: Headlined in the Catholic Church today.
Speaker 2: His scaddic is the awful of.
Speaker 4: A book that has been on the best seller list.
Speaker 2: Since the beginning of time.
Speaker 4: He holds the record for the world's fraighted fish fry.
Speaker 3: He fed five.
Speaker 4: Thousand hidredsolts with two fish, five loaves of bread.
Speaker 2: He can walk on water, turn water.
Speaker 4: In the wine, no fetching effects, no camera trees.
Speaker 2: He has a head shot on every church.
Speaker 4: Fan across the church. Even before the Kings of Comedy, he was hail the key of all kings, Rula on the universe, howtful han o' bage beginning heavy in the right and the bone, and Sun Sun say he's the roles of shaven and Sun say he's the Princess Pree. Get upon your seat, put your heads to cackle. They're so alone for the second coming on the one over.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Harvey Morning Show