Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all, but.
Speaker 3: All at all.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: Don't give them a bu bu boozy.
Speaker 6: Listening to show, I don't joy yeah.
Speaker 7: Joy, you got you, you love you.
Speaker 5: You got to turn.
Speaker 1: You to turn the mouth the turn.
Speaker 8: You probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 5: Out, turn the water, then up looking.
Speaker 8: Come.
Speaker 2: Come out your b.
Speaker 3: A I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man, oh man, oh man.
Speaker 2: You know what y'all.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, the goodness of God is overwhelming if you think about it, I mean, really really think about it, even when your circumstance doesn't look so bright, even when you're going through something that's causing you discomfort, pain, Even in that, God's goodness is actually overwhelming because don't forget why you're going through this moment. First of all, this too shall pass, but also secondly, remember man, ain't everything else that you've gone through that seems so insurmountable at the time, didn't you get past that too? I mean, it's amazing. If you really think about it, you don't get stuck on any one issue your whole life. The only people that get stuck on an issue they whole life is people who won't let it go. That's really all it is. There are people who exist, and you may be one of them. Oh please know, I've been guilty of it myself before, but I learned something. There are things in my past that I just would not let go of. It was done, it was over with. I was past it, but I I would not let.
Speaker 8: Go of it.
Speaker 3: It was over. The dude that did it to me didn't exist no more. The problem that it created didn't exist no more. The only problem that kept hanging on was I would not let it go. And man, you can't go forward if you're gonna keep looking in the past. It's an impossible thing. It's like driving a car. If you keep looking only in the rearview mirror while you're driving, you're going to crash pretty soon. And a lot of people just keep crashing over and over and over and over because you won't drive your car. You keep looking in the real view mirror at the past. Oh woe is me? Oh you know they did me like that. You know I ain't been the same since he cheated on me. Oh man, ever since she stole my money, I ain't been the same man she played me, and every since that I done treated women differently. You may have some deeper stuff going on, but eventually, guess what, do you understand that when you have a relationship God with God, you can take that to him too and drop it off and leave it there. Do you know that He can fix and heal that. Maybe it's something serious like that that you need fixing or healing from, a relationship with God can fix and heal that. But man, come on, y'all, whatever it is, and I'm not trying to downplay it or make it act like it wasn't traumatic in your life, because oh God, you don't want to. You know, you don't want nobody to do that to you because you wanna be the you know, the post a child for misery. So please don't let me take that from you. If that's your position, that's your hall of fame card you're hanging on to. I'm the poster child for misery. Oh no one is more woe than me than Please don't let Steve try to take that from you. You go ahead and hang on to that, But let me tell you something though. If that's what you're gonna hang on to, that's what you're gonna always be the poster child for misery. At one point in time, you're gonna have to get on and move past it. Sometimes, man, it's merely a simple thing of taking it to God and leaving it there. You know, some people don't have money for therapy. Some people don't even know who to call for therapy. God is the best psychologist in the world. He can fix it for you. There is nothing too hard for God. You know when something seems impossible, y'all, God does the impossible all the time every day. You won't know how I know.
Speaker 9: I just look at a couple basic things. Do you know that that sun comes up every day in the morning. It comes up in the east and it sets in the west. You can't do nothing about that. All you can you can wish, because you plant your flowers on a certain side.
Speaker 3: Of your house. You can wish all you want. Then maybe one day he would bring it up out the northwest so those flowers would no Now it's gonna come up out the east, and once the sun hits the horizon when you look in the water, like if you ever out in La and you see the sun going down. Once the sun once you can visually see the sun touching the horizon, you have three minutes. You have exactly three minutes. You can sit there with your watch, you can time. Yeah, three minutes and it's gone. Three minutes is gone. I read that somewhere and then I went and tried it. It's gone every day if it's clear enough, not cloudy. Once the sun touches the horizon. On water, you got three minutes. When the wind blows, you can't do nothing about it. He can bring it from the northeast, he can bring it from the west, he can bring from south. He can bring it hard, he can bring it cool, he can bring it hot. It's certain things that God does the impossible all the time. How those stars sitting up there, How can you find these constellations? The big dipp of the Little Dipper, Ryan the Hunter, Oh, that's God. God. Ain't nothing you can do about it. You can't reach them stars, you can't shoot at them, you can't move them out the way. Or Ryan the Hunter's belt, there's gonna beat them three stars out of ankle. You can call it what you want to call it. Still that's what it is. See, He does the impossible all the time. He created heaven and earth. You're saying that God can't get you through your past. Somebody did this to me. It's the worst thing I had, the worst childhood of it. God can't get you past that. He can move Heaven, mountains, Earth, he can form the Grand Canyon, he can make the water come over Niagara Falls twenty four seven. He can't fix yo little bitty past yours. It's amazing how people make their problems bigger than God. Somebody told me one time, stop telling God how big your problems are, and start telling your problems how big God is, and go on with your life. Quit driving your car looking in the rear view mirror. Ain't nothing back there but your past. And if it was hurtful or painful, or something you just felt like you can't get over, take your problems to God.
Speaker 2: And leave them there.
Speaker 3: You hear the old spiritual all you've heard it, Take your birdens to the Lord, leave them Yeah, all the time. But you think that applies to everyone, But you come on, man, A lot of people out there going through much worse than you have and have overcome it all. Why won't you take the step to overcome your past so you can get on with driving your car and see what God trying to take you. But it's a trick of the enemy. The enemy tricks you from seeing your future by having you constantly looking in your past. Man, it's a trick of the devil. If the devil just let you quit, if he would just let you get to drive in your car, look out into your future. Your future shows hopefulness. You have hope when you see the future. But he can keep you in misery if he keep you looking at your miserable past. God looking for you, man, God would love to hear from you. Let's spend some time talking to God today. Hey God, what's happening. It's me. I know I ain't talk to you in a while, but feel bad about that. But I need you. He know that. Everybody should say that prayer all the time. It's cool, all right, you're listening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Let me have you undivided attention. It's a special day to day. God has given us another gift another Martin Luther King holiday. We hear Ford. We was here last year and the year before that. I'm so glad I live to see another one man one of the greatest leaders of our time. We celebrate him today, one of the truly greatest leaders we've ever had. He's done more for us in terms of rights and positions and awareness than any other leader we've ever had in terms of the civil rights movement and for us as black people. In my opinion, there are others, and I'm not shading them at all because we need a whole collective effort. But Martin Luther King, hats off to you, my brother, Thank you so much. This is the Steve Harvy Morning Show. We grateful today, Shirley Strawberry, Colin for Real, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and the legend that is Nephew Tommy got a great They lined up for you today. You know, we're gonna do all of the traditional stuff because some things, you know, we don't need to forget. We just need to be reminded.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: You know, we only got one holiday.
Speaker 3: That's that's really I don't any other black people got national Hold Jim, Team Jim.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hear some of doctor King's most famous speeches. Of course, the most.
Speaker 1: Famous one the I have a dream speech.
Speaker 4: We're gonna celebrate, We're gonna discuss Doctor King's legacy of peace. So all morning long, we're gonna talk about social injustice, community service.
Speaker 1: And the importance of voting. Of course, in this an election year, we've got.
Speaker 3: To vote this year, y'all, listen to me. I got. We don't have purely perfect candidates, but we clearly have one that ain't got no business being president of no kind of country. And that's the Republican option that they keep trying to present to us as okay, and his name is Donald Trump. You've got to be kidding me, now, I got. You may not be happy with the current of administration, but understand what they're up against. Now, we still got to go through the House and the Senate to pass bills. And you know, the opposition is real, and that one job doing any election your time, is to make the other party look as bad as they possibly can, so they stop all this ignorant foolishness about you not voting for them, because this because if you don't vote for them, it's to vote for Donald Trump. And if you put Donald Trump in office again, he finished show you something. He showed you something last time. I don't know how you something believe, you know, man, when you start banning Muslim countries, when you start talking about closing that border, when you start talking about these abortion rights and all this His stuff right here, man, then that stuff you talking about they ain't got nothing to do with the Lord. Y'all keep masking this as a religious reason, But that ain't got nothing to do with God. You know. You know that they talking about passing a bill where if you have an abortion, you get the death penalty. Do you know that they're discussing that, y'all? Do you know how dangerous that is? See, first of all, how can you be pro life and be talking about the death penalty? Make your mind up? Now you got to care about the unborn and the born if you're gonna be pro life, make up your mind.
Speaker 1: And after they grow up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, that's what we'll be discussing all morning. Doctor King's message went beyond racism. You also talked about stereotypes.
Speaker 1: Poverty, privilege. Doctor King was a courageous leader of all people.
Speaker 4: So we say to you, Happy King Day, and coming up more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show on this King Holiday.
Speaker 1: Right after this you're listening Harvey Morning Show right now.
Speaker 3: Here's the drum major stick speech on the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: And instinct. It's a kind of drum major instinct.
Speaker 8: A desire to be out front, a desire to lead the parade, a desire to be first. It is something that runs a whole gamut of life.
Speaker 2: And so before we.
Speaker 8: Condemn them, let us see that we all have the drum mate instinct.
Speaker 3: We all want to be.
Speaker 8: Important, to surpass others, to achieve distinction, to lead the parade. Alfred Adler the Great, a psychoanalyst, contends that this is the dominant impulse. Sigmund Fraud used to contend that sex was the dominant impulse, and Adler came with a new argument, saying that this quest for recognition, this desire for attention, this desire for distinction, is the basic impulse, the basic drive of human human life, this drum major instinct. And you know we begin earlier to ask life to put us first. Our first cry as a baby was a bid for attention, and all through childhood the drum major impulse are instinct is a major obsession. Children ask life to grant them first place they are a little bundle of ego they have innately the drum major instinct. Now an adult life, we still have it, and we really never forget by it. We like to do something good, and you know, we like to be praised for it. Now, if you don't believe that, you just go on living life, and you will discover very soon that you like to be praised.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes it as a matter of fact.
Speaker 8: And somehow this warm glow we feel when we are praised or when our name is in print, is something of the vitamin aid to our ego. Nobody is unhappy when they are praised, even if they.
Speaker 2: Know they don't deserve it, and even if they don't believe it.
Speaker 8: The only unhappy people about praise is when that praise is going too much towards somebody else. But everybody likes to be praised because of this real drum major instinct. Do you know that a lot of the race problem grows out of the drum major instinct? A need that some people have to feel superior, A need that some people have to feel that they are first, and to feel that their white skin ordain them to be first. Let's explain that they.
Speaker 2: Have said over and over the game in ways that we see with our own eyes.
Speaker 8: In fact, not too long ago, a man down in Mississippi said that God was a charter member of the White Citizens' Council. And so God being the charter member means that everybody who's in that has a kind of divinity, a kind of superiority. And think of what has happened in history as a result of this perverted use of the drummage instinct led to the most tragic prejudice, the most tragic expressions of man's.
Speaker 2: In humanity to man.
Speaker 8: And not only does this thing go into the racial struggle, goes into the struggle between nations. And I would submit to you this morning that what is wrong in the world today is that the nations of the world engaged in a bitter, colossal contest for supremacy, and some doesn't have them to stop this trend. I'm sorely afraid that we won't be here to talk about Jesus Christ and about God and about brotherhood two mini more years. Is somebody done bringing in to this suicidal thrust that we see in the world today, None of us.
Speaker 2: Are gonna be around because.
Speaker 8: Somebody is gonna make the mistake through our senseless blunderings, of dropping a nuclear bomb somewhere and then another one is gonna drop. And don't let anybody fool you. This can happen within a matter of seconds. They have twenty megaton bombs in Russia right now that can destroy a city as big as New York in three seconds, with everybody wiped away in every building. And we can do the same thing to Russian China. But this is why we are drifted, and we are drifting now because nations are caught up with the drum major instinct.
Speaker 2: I must be first, I must be supreme all. A nation must rule the world.
Speaker 8: And I am sad to say that the nation in which we live is the supreme culprit. I'm gonna continue to say it to America because I love.
Speaker 2: This country too much to see the risk that it has taken.
Speaker 8: God didn't call America to do what she's doing in the world now. God didn't call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war as a war in Vietnam, and we are criminals in that war.
Speaker 2: We have committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world. And I'm going to continue to say it, and we won't.
Speaker 8: Stop it because of our pride and ourgan sells the nation.
Speaker 2: But God has a way of even putting nations in that place.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show, and so.
Speaker 8: God being the child a member means that everybody who's in that has a kind of divinity, a kind of superiority. And think of what has happened in historism as a result of this perverted use of the drummage instincts led to the most tragic prejudice, the most tragic expressions of man's.
Speaker 2: In humanity to man.
Speaker 8: And not only does this thing go into the racial struggle, it goes into the struggle between nations. And I would submit to you this morning that what is wrong in the world today is that the nations of the world engaged in a bitter, colossal contest for supremacy. And if some doesn't have them to stop this trend, I'm sorely afraid that we won't be here to talk about Jesus Christ and about God and about brotherhood too minimal years. If somebody donet bringing in to this suicidal thrust that we see.
Speaker 2: In the world today, none of us are going to be around because.
Speaker 8: Somebody is going to make the mistake through our senseless blundering, of dropping a nuclear bomb somewhere, and then another one is gonna drop. And don't let anybody fool you. Oh, this can happen within a matter of seconds. They have twenty megaton bombs in Russia right now that can destroy a city as big as New York in three seconds, with everybody right away in every building.
Speaker 2: And we can do the same thing to Russian China. But this is why we are drifted, and we are drifting there.
Speaker 8: Because nations are caught up with the drum major instinct.
Speaker 2: I must be first, I must be supreme all. A nation must rule the world.
Speaker 8: And I am sad to say that the nation in which we live is the supreme culprit. Now I'm gonna continue to say it to America because I love this country too much to see the drift that.
Speaker 2: It has taken.
Speaker 8: God didn't call America to do what she's doing in the world, Richie. God didn't call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war as a war in Vietnam, and we are criminals in that war. We have committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world, and I'm going to continue to say it, and we won't stop it because of our pride. And I reconcis a nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in that place. The God that I worship has a way of saying, don't play with me.
Speaker 2: He has a way of saying. He's a god of the Old Testament used to say the Hebrews.
Speaker 8: Don't play with me, Israel. Don't play with me, Babylon, be stealing.
Speaker 5: Know that I'm God.
Speaker 2: If you don't stop your reckless cross our rise up.
Speaker 8: And break the backbone of your power, that can happen to America. Every nine then I go back and read Gibbons Decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: And when I come and look.
Speaker 8: At America, I say to myself, the parallels are frightening. We have perverted the drum maid's instinct. Every nine and then, I guess we all think realistically, yes, about that day when we will be victimized with what is life's final common denominator. That's something we call death. We all think about it. And every nine and then I think about my own death, and I think about my own funeral, and I don't think of it in a morbid sense. Every nine then I ask myself, what is it that I would want say? And I leave the word to you this morning. Get any of you around when I have to meet my day. I don't want a long funeral.
Speaker 2: And if you get somebody to deliver the unager, tell him not to talk to now.
Speaker 8: And every nine and then I wonder, well I want them to say.
Speaker 2: Tell them not to mention that I have a nobel peace pride. That isn't important.
Speaker 8: Tell them not to mention that I have three or four hundred other awards, that's not important.
Speaker 2: Tell them not to mention where I went to school.
Speaker 8: I like somebody to mention that day, then Martin Luther King Junior tried to give his life serving others. I'd like for somebody to say that day that Martin Luther King Junior tried to live. Somebody, I want you to say that day that I tried to be right on the wall question.
Speaker 2: I want you to be able to say that day that I did try to feed the Humerab.
Speaker 8: I want you to be able to say that day that I did try in my life to call those who were neked. I want you to say on that day that I did trial in my life to visit those who were imprisoned.
Speaker 2: I want you to say that I tried to love and serve humanity.
Speaker 8: Yes, if you want to say that I was a drum major, say that I was a drum major for justice, Say that I was a drum major for peace. I was a drum major for righteousness. And all of the other shallow things will nothing matter. I won't have any money to leave behind, I won't have the fine and luxurious things of life to leave behind. But I just want to leave or committed life behind, and that's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: If I can help somebody.
Speaker 8: As I pass along, if I can share somebody with a word a song, if I can show somebody he's traveling wrong, then my living will.
Speaker 2: Not be invaded.
Speaker 8: If I can do my duty as a Christian art, if I can bring salvation to a wall who once wrong, if I can spread the message as the master Taut, then my living will not be invaded.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Today's MLK Day. It is a day of service. Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Junior devoted his life to service and fighting for civil rights and freedom. Doctor King had a pursuit for racial, social and economic justice, and Steve, I got to ask you this question. You know, you talk about this a lot. You talked about it earlier this morning. You've been through a lot growing up. So how have you learned to deal with racism? How have you dealt with it?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I mean pretty much like most people. I mean, I'm angry about it. I don't I don't understand what's taking so long. It just it doesn't make any sense to me. It's it's actually pathetic. Why is it that people of color are still asking for equality, which seems like we're asking it from from somebody that's not willing to give it. I mean, it's just obviously that there are people who are set in their ways, and it's frustrating. Now we Even with that said, I have devoted myself to being the best person that I can be, to elevate myself as high as I can, but not only elevate myself, stick my hand back down the wall and bring up as many people as I can, thus my foundation, thus my ranch, thus me trying to promote young people, thus helping people. I'm constantly looking for ways to uplift the the the oppressed, the downtrodden people, and and and that carries over into all people too. And that's what's been crazy about it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to help all people. Now, do I have a special affinity and do I target mostly uh, people of color? Yeah? Yeah, I do that. And I was talking to one guy one day and he said, well, how can you just target them? I said, well, that's where I see the most need. I see the most need in people of color and oppressed people. So I'm targeting my efforts. I said, you know, look, it's all types of people come to the camp. Anybody can come to the camp here. Asians are oppressed, they walcome at the camp. All Latinos come to my camp. They were I got white kids come to the camp. Yeah, you know, I got all of them.
Speaker 1: Diversity.
Speaker 3: But you know, you can't get mad at me because I know where the greater need is and I can see it more obviously, and it's my obligation because if the government not gonna do it, and they're trying to cut state funding and they're not gonna do it, well, let's just look at this right here. For example, let's just look at the education disparity in this country. Why do we have an educational disparity? Because the money on the federal level that we pay in taxes and we pay state taxes, local taxes, it all goes into a fund. Now, the areas that pay the most funds into the state taxes or the federal taxes are the places that receive the most money back. Poor places are not gonna have as big a pool to pick from, so poor places stay behind the eight ball. It's the system, they say up. See, they set that system up, not me. So what should be happening is we should as a country make sure that all people have access to a quality education and a free education. And that ain't the American way. That ain't the American way. But that's why we're losing education wise on the global level because other countries they don't. They don't do it that way. We should all be able to we make enough money in this country where everybody should get free medical there's a business we don't get that right. But this is the system they set up, and the system is not set up and targeted for the underprivileged or the oppressed.
Speaker 1: Or the less fortunate. That's right, Steve so it's not set.
Speaker 3: Up that way. So my obligation and my foundation is for the less fortunate, the oppressed, the down trod, and I go out of my way to see that that happens. But you know we're gonna win. It's just sad that it's taken so damn long. And is it pisses you off? And I would say this to anybody who is not of color? How long would you like to wait to be treated equal? How much time you want to devote to same treatment, equal pay, faanness in housing? How would you like it if every time you cut on the news the police was shooting somebody who looked like you? How long? How long you want us to wait? I mean, I'm listening, it can't be much. And I don't know the white lady's name that ask that famous question to a room full of white people who in here would be willing to trade places with black people? Who was that?
Speaker 1: Jane Elliott? Yeah, Jane, I think so, Jane Elliott.
Speaker 3: And she says, because you know that they are being treated unfairly, but nobody's doing anything about it. So we have to do it ourselves. We have to do this ourselves. We have to keep picking ourselves up. That o'll pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Yeah, that's cool, except a lot of people don't have the boots or the straps. So you got to keep the faith, and we got to reach back, and we got to help as many as we can.
Speaker 4: And it's so interesting that you ask the question, Steve, how long because as we celebrate doctor Martin Luther King that was in the sixties, that was in the sixties.
Speaker 3: I ain't patient no more. I'm a lot of patience. I'm done with you talking about waiting. I ain't waiting no more. See, people don't hit the wall now. People, whether you ain't gonna give me, we're gonna take it. Been exhausted. I'm overwhelmed. I'm sick and tired of it, and we are people of color are sick and tired of it. And you would be true if it was happening to you, but it ain't happening to you.
Speaker 1: So you ain't.
Speaker 4: That's right far And we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show as we celebrate the life and legacy of doctor.
Speaker 1: Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 4: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show, Well, we got to say Happy King Day.
Speaker 1: Today is MLK Day, and it's a day on, not just a day off.
Speaker 4: We want to remind everyone to try and participate in some sort of community service in your community. You can volunteer for an organization, you can donate to a cause or a charity of your choice. All of us here in the Steve Harvey Morning Show have causes that are important to us. Mentoring young men from fatherless homes, helping wounded veterans, breast cancer awareness, sickle cell awareness, domestic violence awareness. Community service teaches you about empathy, It strengthens the community, and it creates change. So here's a question, why is it so important, Steve to give back?
Speaker 3: Well, I it's a simple philosophy that I've learned. My mother taught it to me. God blesses you to become a blessing and in our community. Man, we should be more in the uplift business anyway, because we need it. Man, We need it because the powers that be have policies in place to suppress us. So when we get in a position we can ill afford to ignore the others who are less fortunate. We have got to extend our hand. He ain't heavy he's my brother. And that's what we should be about, the uplift of our community, not the destruction of it. We have got to stop bending and lending our ear to those who are determined and hell bent to destroy the black culture, especially when we do it to ourselves.
Speaker 1: Are we crazy?
Speaker 3: Man? We cheer for each other to get where we go, and then when they get there, the jealousy of them being there becomes too much. We should be in the uplift business of one another. That's what Callers Foundation is about with breast cancer awareness. That's what domestic violence is well with Sherley, That's what the Wounded Warriors is about with Tommy. That's why kir fights so hard to bring awareness to what's happening to so many African Americans with this disease that they don't put enough money behind, they don't put enough research behind, because it's us.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: So we've all committed ourselves to a level of uplift and that's what it's about, not the destruction of the culture. We have got to do that. Martin Luther King's whole life was about service. That's what you remember about him. Now some people want to come out and talk about the negative that he did. He's a human being. He's a human being. You will do that all day long. But once again, y'all, if you pay attention into it, they took thirty second sound bites to get rid of Jesus. You could take a thirty second sound bite and get rid of anybody. Wow. But stay in the uplift business because that's what we are here for. Service to our brothers and sisters. That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's right, Steve Keeper positive.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be back with more of a Steve Harvey Morning Show on this Martin Luther King Holiday right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. The late great Civil Rights icon. State Representative John Lewis spoke at the March on Washington back in nineteen sixty three, and then he spoke at the fiftieth anniversary March on Washington back in two thy fifteen.
Speaker 1: Take a listen fifty.
Speaker 10: Years ago, fifty years ago, I stood right here in this spot, twenty three years old, had all of my hair and a few pounds like. So I come back here again, just said at those days, for the most part, are gone, but we.
Speaker 2: Have another fight.
Speaker 8: We must stand up and.
Speaker 10: Fight the good fight as we march today, for they are forces, their people who are wanna take us back. We cannot go back. We come too far.
Speaker 3: We want to go forward.
Speaker 5: Back.
Speaker 10: In nineteen sixty three, hundreds and thousand a million of our brothers and sisters could not register to vote. When I stood here fifty years ago, I said, one man, one vote is African crime.
Speaker 2: It is ours too, It must be ours.
Speaker 10: I also said, some people tell us to wait, tell us to be patient. I said, fifty years later, we cannot wait. We cannot be patient. We want jobs and we want our freedom. Now, all of us, it doesn't matter whether we're black or white. Let you know, Asian America, a Native American. It doesn't matter whether we're straight, a gay. We're one people. We are one family, We're one house. We all live in the same house. So I said to you, my brothers and sisters, we cannot give up. We cannot give out, We cannot give in. We must get out there and push and pullull. Now, I a few short years ago, almost forty eight years ago, well forty years ago, almost fifty years ago, I gave.
Speaker 3: A little blood on that bridge on my Alabama for the right to vote. I am not going to.
Speaker 10: Stand by and let the Supreme Court take the right to vote away from us. You cannot stand by, you cannot sit down.
Speaker 2: You got to stand up.
Speaker 1: Speak up, speak up, and get in a.
Speaker 3: Way, make some noise.
Speaker 10: The vote is precious, it is almost sacred. It is the most powerful, non violent tool we have in a democratic society, and we got to use it. Back in nineteen sixty three, we hadn't heard of the internet. We didn't have to sell your telephone iPad our part. But we used what we had to bring about a non violent revolution. And I said to all of the young people, you must get out there and push and pull and make America what America should be for all of us. We must set to the Congress fix the voting right site. We must set to the Congress pass comprehension immigration reform. It doesn't make sense that million of our people are living in the shadow. Bring them out into the light and set them on a path to citizenship.
Speaker 2: So hanging there, keep the faith.
Speaker 10: I got arrested forty times during the sixties, beat the left bloody and unconscious.
Speaker 2: But I'm not tied, I'm not weary.
Speaker 10: I'm not prepared to sit down and give up, and ready to fight and continue to fight.
Speaker 5: And you must fight.
Speaker 1: Think of very you're listening, Dave Harvey Morning Show. All right, happy King holiday everyone. Of course last week, boy, last week.
Speaker 4: During a stop, this was a campaign stop in Iowa, former President Donald Trump said the Civil War was quote so horrible, but so fascinating, going on to suggest that the conflict which was fought over, of course, the issue of slavery, we all know that, could have been negotiated, a comment that drew immediate backlash from civil rights groups and historians alike. He said, so many mistakes were made. See there was something I think could have been negotiated. To be honest with you, all the people died, So many people died. Trump went on to say, Abraham Lincoln. Of course, if he negotiated it, you probably wouldn't even know who Abraham Lincoln was?
Speaker 8: What? What? What?
Speaker 3: My granddate ain't up for no negotiation.
Speaker 1: This is who y'all want to be.
Speaker 2: The Methodist Yep, that's exactly who they want.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This ignorant food, this ignorant ass man. He ain't got no problem. He can't he has to say ignorant stuff because he ignorant. Now is he a brilliant bres This man, absolutely no problem. But man, I'm trying to tell you now that ain't that ain't what you want. But well, man, I'm gonna be fine whoever they put in there, because he not in charge of me. There's no way I'll give him permission be in charge of me. It's no way now.
Speaker 4: It's According to USA Today, Savante Myrick, who is the president of People for the American Way that is a progressive advocacy group, said the Trump's commons demonstrate quote, a glaring ignorance of American history.
Speaker 1: Mieric went on to.
Speaker 4: Say, and it seems like President Trump was applying that some sort of failure of diplomacy on behalf of Abraham Lincoln is what caused the Civil War. He accused Trump's comments of being extremely appealing to Confederate sympathizers and white supremacist folks.
Speaker 3: What caused the Civil War? With your forefather's insistence on maintaining the slavery system, that's what caused the Civil War. What caused the Civil War is their refusal to acknowledge and accept black people as human beings. That's what caused the certain war. Them your forefathers. See, I'm not going to ever stop saying that them, your forefathers, them, not my forefathers, them, your full fathers. Y'all stole. Y'all stole America, Louisiana treaty allist that's y'all. Y'all did that. Y'all came over here to Indians say the Native American saved y'all life, and then to thank them, y'all took everything from got them old reservation. That's that's what y'all did. That's your mo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Asian people come over here and build a railroads and you had black people build everything else. Did you.
Speaker 8: What? What? What?
Speaker 3: What you want us to do? And then after we build your country and make your country, then you don't want us in the country. Now all your policies is keep us down and suppressed. Well, everybody, we take no more.
Speaker 1: We still have to fight for voting rights.
Speaker 3: And you know why you have to fight for your voting rights because the actions of the forefathers still revived resideing their great grandchildren. That's why.
Speaker 4: Well my word right, yeah, yeah, And uh, Natasha Brown, who is the co founder of Black Voters Matter, agreed, saying that Trump's comments appeared aimed at I'm playing the enslavement of black people in America's history.
Speaker 1: She says, we know the history of the South.
Speaker 4: We know that part of the elements of the South were centered around the institution of slavery and in maintaining that people of color would be in a permanent social status.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Brown accused Trump of speaking to those that still feel like their only advantage is white supremacy.
Speaker 3: Wow, clearly.
Speaker 1: Police register to vote and vote.
Speaker 3: This year an undoable what she just said, good, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know they prove it. All all you gotta do is look at Florida. They want to erase slavery from history books.
Speaker 1: Because it makes them feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: That you can come to Texas that part.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, to Texas.
Speaker 1: You know how uncomfortable we've been.
Speaker 11: After years at right, y'all on Day thirty.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, well, Steve, you talked about it earlier. You know, the crew, we've been talking about it. This is an election year of twenty twenty four, and we have to take this seriously.
Speaker 1: We have to take this seriously.
Speaker 12: Trump tried to overthrow the government on January sixth, that just happened not too long ago, the anniversary about this police officers died. They're trying to kidnap senators and congress people. They're taking away women's reproductive rights, they're taking away affirmative action and universities and colleges.
Speaker 1: Y'all better wake up, y'all.
Speaker 3: And y'all black people out here that's thinking Trump is good for black people, you're a fool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he already was in office for four years.
Speaker 8: What did he do?
Speaker 3: Dump Trump ain't good for nobody, man, ll y'all said the mistaken and the other voters just trying to convince them that that wouldn't not having that man, that he's good for you because he's just like you. But he's nothing like me. I'm nothing like him. We have no similarities none.
Speaker 8: I get puzzled by and maybe I shouldn't say this, but Hispanics that get Trump's vote, I just don't understand that part.
Speaker 3: I don't get that either.
Speaker 1: What Spanics Blacks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there are Republicans at heart, and he's the Republican candidate.
Speaker 2: Butt of the country.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: There are those Latinos who are here who have integrated into the system, who are against open borders.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, very true.
Speaker 3: You ever seen somebody get there and then act like they've been the whole time?
Speaker 2: Clara Thomas.
Speaker 12: Right, amirmative action advantage now on the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: You don't want a firm away with it. Yeah, but you benefited from it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to vote.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, like you said earlier, Steve, we may not or people may not want Biden in office. They may talk about Biden saying he's too old and whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: But I mean, what are the choices do we have here?
Speaker 3: I rather have somebody old in office than somebody that's corrupted in office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you something for himself.
Speaker 3: If this man is this corrupt that you know about, do you know the stuff that you don't know about?
Speaker 1: You bring up a good point, sir.
Speaker 3: He this man is in deep water. This is the stuff you found out about. This is so much more to him. And if you all let him get this election in, which will keep him out of jail for sure, or he gonna clown, he gonna clown, he gonna clomb clown. Y'all get ready for the shelf clown.
Speaker 1: He might do away with our whole democratic system.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so much stake, there's so much at stake in this new in this upcoming election, our democracy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're right, Shirley, Absolutely, our democracy is sake your freedom.
Speaker 3: He said, I will be a dictator on day one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he's always had a dictator ment. Listen.
Speaker 3: The last time he got in on day one, he tried to sive Obamacare immediately it didn't work. Obamacare, uh, which is really outstanding and the people know it. That's why they can never get rid of it. And he signed to be to band travel from seven Muslim countries. Get this dude right here?
Speaker 1: Man, all right, this is Mlkday.
Speaker 4: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. Once Said the life's most persistent and urgent question is what are you doing for others? Coming up, we got some excerpts from doctor King's I've Been to the Mountaintop speech.
Speaker 8: Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness in these.
Speaker 2: Powerful days.
Speaker 8: These days are challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation, and I want to thank God.
Speaker 2: Once more for allowing me.
Speaker 3: To be here with you.
Speaker 8: You know, years ago I was in New York City autographing the first book that I had written. While sitting the autographing books, the minute black woman came up. The only question I heard from her was you Martin Luther King. And I was looking down writing and I said yes. The next minute, I felt something beating on my chest. Before I knew it, I had been stabbed by this deminuted woman. I was rushed to hullm Hospital. It was a dog Saturday afternoon. That blade had gone through. In X rays revealed that the tip of the blade was on the edge of my order the main artery and.
Speaker 2: One sop's puncture. You drowned in your own blood. That's the end of you.
Speaker 8: It came out in the New York Times the next morning that if I had merely sneezed, I.
Speaker 3: Would have died.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: About four days later, they allowed me after the operation, after my chest had been opening the blade had been taken out, to move around in the wheelchair in the hospital. They allowed me to read some of the mail that came in, and from all over the States and the world. Kind letters came in. I read a few, but one of them I will never forget. I had received one from the President and the Vice President. I've forgotten what those telegrams said. I'd received a visit and a letter from the Governor of New York, but I've forgotten what that letter say it.
Speaker 2: But there was another letter.
Speaker 3: It came from a.
Speaker 8: Little girl, a young girl who was a student at the White Planes High School. And I looked at that letter. I'll never forget it. Say it simply, dear Doctor King, I am a ninth grade student at the White Planes High School. She said, while it should not make that, I would like to mention that I'm a white girl. I read in the paper of your misfortune and of your suffering, and I read that if you had sneezed, you would have died. I'm simply writing you to say that I'm so happy that you didn't sneeze. And I want to say tonight, I want to say tonight that I too, am happy that I didn't sneeze, because if I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been around here. In nineteen sixty when students all over the South started sitting in at lunch counties, and I knew that as a were sitting in, they were really standing up for the best in the American dream and taking the whole nation back to those great weals of democracy which were dug deep by the founding fathers in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been around here in nineteen sixty one when we decided to take a ride for freedom an ended segregation.
Speaker 2: In interstate travel.
Speaker 8: If I had sneeze, I wouldn't have been around here in nineteen sixty two when Negroes and all been at Georgia decided to straighten.
Speaker 3: That box up.
Speaker 2: And when other men and women straighten.
Speaker 8: That box up, they are going somewhere because a man had roger.
Speaker 3: Back unless it is bent.
Speaker 8: If I had sneezed, I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been here.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 8: The black people of Birmingham, Alabama aroused the conscience of this nation and brought into being the Civil Rights Bill. If I had sneeze, I wouldn't have had a chance. Later that year, in August to try to tell America about a dream that I had had. If I had sneeze, I wouldn't have been down in Selma, Alabama to see.
Speaker 2: The great movement there. If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been in.
Speaker 8: Memphis to see a community rather around those brothers and sisters who are suffering. I'm so happy that I didn't snee and they were telling them now it doesn't matter now, it really doesn't matter what happens now. I left Atlanta this morning, and as we got started on the plane that was six of us, the pilot said over the public address system, we're sorref for the delay, but we have Dr Martin lutheror King on the plane and to be sure that all of the bags were checked and to be sure that nothing.
Speaker 3: Would be wrong on the plane.
Speaker 8: We had to check out everything carefully, and we've had the plane protected and gut.
Speaker 2: It all night.
Speaker 8: And then I got into Memphis and some began to say the threats I talk about the threats that were out or what would happen to me from some of our sick white brothers. Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead, but It really doesn't matter with me now because I've been to the mountain talk.
Speaker 3: I don't mind.
Speaker 8: Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place, but I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will, and He's allowed me to go up to the mountain, and I've looked.
Speaker 3: Over and I've seen.
Speaker 2: The promised land.
Speaker 8: I may not get there with you, but I want you to know the night that we as a people will get to a promise man. So I'm happy tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm not worried about anything.
Speaker 1: I'm not fearing in a man.
Speaker 2: My eyes have seen the glory on the coming of the Lord.
Speaker 1: You're listening Dave Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up, We're going to play some excerpts from doctor King's I Have a Dream Speech.
Speaker 2: I am happy to john with you today in what will go down.
Speaker 8: In history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history.
Speaker 1: Of our nation.
Speaker 8: Five score years ago, a great American in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree can as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak during the long night of their captivity. But one hundred years later, the negro steal is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the negro is still languished in the corner of American society and finds himself in exile in.
Speaker 1: His own land.
Speaker 2: So we've come here today.
Speaker 8: To dramatize a shameful condition. In a sense, we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check.
Speaker 2: When the architects of our Republic.
Speaker 8: Wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promise or a note to whichever the American was to fall out. This note was a promise in all men, yes, black men, as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 2: It is obvious today.
Speaker 8: That America has defaulted on this promisory note in so far as our citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back mark insufficient funds.
Speaker 2: But we refuse to believe that the.
Speaker 8: Bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that that are insufficient funds in the great faults of opportunity of this nation. So we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us, upon demand, the riches of freedom and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallid spot to remind the America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism.
Speaker 2: Now is the time, lovely, to make real.
Speaker 8: The promises of democracy. Now is the time the rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice.
Speaker 4: Now is the time.
Speaker 2: From the quick send of racial.
Speaker 8: Injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time.
Speaker 2: The reality for all of God's do.
Speaker 8: It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until that is an invigorating ultumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content.
Speaker 2: Will have a rude awakening.
Speaker 8: If the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights.
Speaker 2: The whirlwindsor revolt.
Speaker 8: Will continue to shake the foundations of our until the bright day of justice emerges. But that is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must.
Speaker 2: Not be guilty of wrong for deeds.
Speaker 8: Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.
Speaker 3: You're listening hard morning shows right now, I asked, promise, we're going to play some of doctor King's I have a Dream speech, which he delivered on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial back in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 8: One day, right now in Alabama, little black boys and black girls, we'll be able to join hands with little white boars and white girls.
Speaker 2: As sisters and brothers. I have a dream today.
Speaker 8: I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountains shall be made low. The rough faces will be made paint, and the crooked faces will be made straight, and the core of the heart shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope.
Speaker 2: This is a feat that I go back to the South with. With this fail, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.
Speaker 8: With this fail, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this fail, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom, together.
Speaker 2: Knowing that we will be free one day.
Speaker 5: Willing day, this will be the.
Speaker 8: Day when all the gods too will be able to sing with new meaning. My country tears at the sweet land of liberty of b I sing Land where my father's died, land of the Pilgrim's fry from every mountainside. Let freedom ring, And for America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.
Speaker 3: Let freedom ring from the.
Speaker 8: Heightening allegaties of Pennsylvania. Let freedom ring from the snow cap ark is of Colorado. Let freedom ring from the curbation of slopes of California. But not only that, Let freedom ring from storm mountain of Georgia.
Speaker 1: Fret them ring from lookout.
Speaker 2: Mountain of Tennessee the freedom.
Speaker 8: Ring from every hill and mole hill of Mississippi, from every mountainside.
Speaker 5: Then freedom ring.
Speaker 1: And when it happens.
Speaker 8: When we allow freedom ring, when we letted ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all about children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and catholic.
Speaker 2: Will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old.
Speaker 8: Negro spiritual Free at last, all free, at last, Thank Quarto mater.
Speaker 4: Real fear will be that you're listening Jesday Harvey Morning Show. Today's MLK Day. It is a day of service. Red Martin Luther King Junior devote in his life to service and fighting for civil rights and freedom. Doctor King had a pursuit for racial, social, and economic justice. And Steve, I got to ask you this question. You know, you talk about this a lot. You talked about it earlier this morning. You've been through a lot growing up. So how have you learned to deal with racism? How have you dealt with it?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I mean pretty much like most people. I mean, I'm angry about it. I don't understand what's taking so long. It doesn't make any sense to me. It's actually pathetic. Why is it that people of color are still asking for equality, which seems like we're asking it from from somebody that's not willing to give it. I mean, it's just obviously that there are people who are set in their ways, and it's frustrating now we Even with that said, I have devoted myself to being the best person that I can be, to elevate myself as high as I can, but not only elevate myself, stick my hand back down the wall and bring up as many people as I can, Thus my foundation, thus my ranch, thus me trying to promote young people, thus helping people. I'm constantly looking for ways to uplift the the oppressed, the downtrodden people, and that carries over into all people too. And that's what's been crazy about it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to help all people. Now, do I have a special affinity and do I target mostly people of color?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do that. And I was talking to one guy one day and he said, well, how can you just target them? I said, well, who woa, That's where I see the most need. I see the most need in people of color and oppressed people. So I'm targeting my efforts. I said, you know, look, it's all types of people come to the camp. Anybody can come to the camp. Hell Asians are oppressed, they walk them at the camp. All Latinos come to my camp. They were I got white kids come to the camp. You know, I got all of them.
Speaker 1: Diversity.
Speaker 3: But you know, you can't get mad at me because I know where the greater need is and I can see it more obviously, and it's my obligation because if the government not gonna do it, well, let's just look at this right here. For example, let's just look at the education disparity in this country. Why do we have an educational disparity Because the money on the federal level that we pay in taxes and we pay state taxes, local taxes, it all goes into a fund. Now, the areas that pay the most funds into the state taxes or the federal taxes are the places receive the most money back. Poor places are not gonna have as big a pool to pick from, so poor places stay behind the eight ball. It's the system they set up. See, they set that system up, not me. So what should be happening is we should as a country make sure that all people have access to a quality education and a free education. Ah, that ain't the American way. That ain't the American way. But that's why we're losing education wise on the global level because other countries they don't do it that way. We should all be able to we make enough money in this country where everybody should get free medical there's a business we don't get that. So you knows, right, But this is the system they set up, and the system is not set up and targeted for the underprivileged or the oppressed.
Speaker 1: Oh, the less fortunate, That's right, Steve.
Speaker 3: So it's not set up that way. So my obligation in my foundation is fun the less fortunate, the oppress, the down trot and I go out of my way to see that that happens. But you know, and we're going to win. It's just sad that it's taken so damn long. And is it pisses you off? And I would say this to anybody who is not of color, how long would you like to wait to be treated equal?
Speaker 4: That's right, are And we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show as we celebrate the life and legacy of doctor Martin Luther King Junior.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Happy King Holiday.
Speaker 4: We do want to remind everyone to get registered to vote please, it is so crucial this year.
Speaker 1: Today and today is the Iowa Caucus.
Speaker 4: The caucus is a process by which voters in Iowa select their top choice for their party's presidential nomination. It differs from a primary because it's overseen by the state party, not the state government, and does not require voting at a polling place. Now, according to reuters dot Com, the Republican Party will hold its caucuses on January fifteenth, that is today. Iowa Democrats separately are choosing their candidate entirely by mail in ballot this election cycle, and will release their results on March fifth, that Super Tuesday. The caucuses are viewed as the first snapshot of voter support for presidential candidates. Typically, those candidates will have spent months campaigning across the state, testing their messages and their appeal. Those who don't farewell sometimes opt to drop out of the race. Former President Donald Trump is heavily favored to win.
Speaker 1: Right there, man, Yah, vote is right everything?
Speaker 5: Do they not see?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, guys, guys, they see it and they cool with it because that's them. That's them. That's why they don't see no wrong with it, because that's how they are.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 3: Wake up, y'all, that's how they are.
Speaker 4: Go to when we all vote dot org and get registered today, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. Well, we gotta say Happy King Day.
Speaker 4: Today is MLK Day and it's a day on, not just a day off. We want to remind everyone to try and participate in some sort of community service in your community. You can volunteer for an organization. You can donate to a cause or a charity.
Speaker 1: Of your choice.
Speaker 4: All of us here in the Steve Harvey Morning Show have causes that are important to us. Mentoring young men from fatherless homes, helping wounded veterans, breast cancer awareness, sickle cell awareness, domestic violence awareness. Community service teaches you about empathy. It strengthens the community, and it creates change. So here's a question, why is it so important Steve to give back?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, it's a simple philosophy that I've learned. My mother taught it to me. God blesses you to become a blessing and in our community. Man, we should be more in the uplift business anyway, because we need it. Man, We need it because the powers that be have policies in place to suppress us. So when we get in a position we can ill afford to ignore the others who are less fortunate, we have got to extend our hand. He ain't heavy, he's my brother, and that's what we should be about the uplift of our community, not the destruction of it. We have got to stop bending and lending our ears of those who are determined and hell bent to destroy the black culture, especially when we do it to ourselves.
Speaker 1: Are we crazy?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: We cheer for each other to get where we go, and then when they get there, the jealousy of them being there becomes too much. We should be in the uplift business of one another. That's what Callers Foundation is about with breast cancer awareness. That's what domestic violence is well with Shirley, That's what the Wounded Warriors is about with Tommy. That's why kir fights so hard to bring awareness to what's happening to so many African Americans with this disease that they don't put enough money behind, they don't put enough research behind, because it's us. See, So we've all committed ourselves to a level of uplift and that's what it's about, not the destruction of the culture. We have got to do that. Martin Luther King's whole life was about service. That's what you remember about him. Now some people want to come out and talk about the negative that he did. He's a human being. He's a human being. You can do that all day long. But once again, y'all, if you pay attention to it, they took thirty second sound bites to get rid of Jesus. You can take a thirty second sound bite and get rid of anybody.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: But stay in the uplift business because that's what we are here for. Service to our brothers and sisters. That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's right, Steve, keep it positive.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with more of a Steve Harvey Morning Show on this Martin Luther King Holiday right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, So Steve, we get this request every year. People want us to play the closing from your stand up special. Remember when you did this? This is so memorable. Don't trip. He ain't through with me yet. At Bishop td Jake's megafest. This was back in thousand and six. People still love this.
Speaker 3: I know the exact year that I stopped going to hell.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two thousand and five, two thousand and six, a BYuT ride. Two thousand and seven when I really put the brakes on it. But yeah, I was full blast all the way up to two thousand and five. Full blast. It's rocket boosters, just going committed. Yeah, man, the Bishop called you you too, and you know and he called me and asked me, and I told him. I said, man, let me think about it. And then I told him finally about the third cost bit. I said, I can't do it, man, I said, Bro, you're asking me that. That's a whole hour. No, because I'm church people ain't gonna big deal with me. He said, Hey, man, I know you, he said, but better than that, God know your heart. He said, you good, brother man, you could do it. Come on, do this all right, man, I'll do it good. I'ma put you down and put you on the way a good and he was done with it. He didn't know what he had threw me into. Because let me tell you something, man, I had to go write, don't trip. He ain't through me yet. It's a whole special, I wrote. I had to go write that special. It wasn't jokes I was doing on the road. I had to write that special. I had to go write that one. I had to go put this church stuff together. It was probably the easiest hardest set I've ever written. Because I grew up in the church, so I knew a lot of church stuff. I did not think that the church folks was going to accept it because I was gonna have to talk about them. I was gonna have to talk about the people that they let read announcements, you know, because the first thing about reading announcements, reading is fundamental. You can't put the ignorant people shouldn't be reading announcements at the church sick and chip. I just it's just a lot of stuff I knew calling the past, about every little thing I just I said. And then stuff that I knew, how the choir saying who in the choir?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: Stuff you can't do no more?
Speaker 12: Right right?
Speaker 3: I do any of them jokes, I'm being in trouble.
Speaker 4: That's so true, Steve, because my grandmother when she saw that special.
Speaker 1: She said, how he know all this is true? Talking about the church?
Speaker 5: All of that.
Speaker 3: I knew church because I grew up in it. Was gonna ask me. I was like, like, you know, like for us comedians, you know, you don't know where the big gonna come from.
Speaker 1: But do you remember the money segment?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you remember the moment when you came up with that intro for Christ? Do you know you was at the time and place I was at. I was at the Grand Looks restaurant. L I remember the Deverly Center because I used to go from the radio show to the Grand Looks and sit there all day. Sometimes I need three meals there. If we played Domino's.
Speaker 1: All day, though, what could we all day? That's why they shut it down to you know, I had a lot.
Speaker 3: Going on back then, so and you know, like and I would just sit there. And so one day man Boom was there and Boom Dog, you know, had a hell of career. Man, what you like the most? I said, Man, I introduced everybody. I didn't duce Bible stress, saying I introduced you know, uh uh Neil diamond Don and introduced I'm talking about every black person beyond jay Z. I don't care who it is. I'm Luther Whitney, Michael. I said. The only person I ain't never introduced was Jesus. I said, if I could just introduce Jesus, that a captain for me. They said, man, what would you say? And that was the bit. If I had the pleasure of bringing out Christ, this is just how I would do it. It ain't got to be the way you do it. You might not think it's just right, but this is how I would do it.
Speaker 13: Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce a man who needs no introduction. His credits are too long to list. He has done the impossible time.
Speaker 5: Half the time.
Speaker 13: He has out of a mangia in bept to have Jerusalem by way of heaven.
Speaker 11: His mother is still headlined in the Catholic Church today. His scaddic the author of a book.
Speaker 14: That has been on the best seller list since the.
Speaker 2: Beginning the time.
Speaker 1: He holds the record for the world's.
Speaker 2: Rated fish fry.
Speaker 14: He fed five thousand hid redsoults with two fish five loads of bread. He can walk on water, turn water in the wine, no seching effects, no camera trees. He has a headshot on every church fan across the churches. Even before the Keys of Comedy.
Speaker 8: He was hailed the key of all Kings.
Speaker 1: Rule of on the universe auful, no.
Speaker 8: Bagel, p kidding.
Speaker 2: The right has a home it Sun Sun.
Speaker 14: Say he's the roles of shaven and Sun say he's the princess.
Speaker 2: Pre Get a phone, your seat for your stick. They're so lolon for the second coping all the one.
Speaker 5: For all.
Speaker 4: Steve Harvey contests no purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated.
Speaker 1: For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show