Speaker 1: Don't you love podcast? You can literally listen wherever you are.
Speaker 2: Someone left us a review saying that they listen at the gym.
Speaker 1: So if that's you, right now pick up the pace and one and two and and the show is gonna start now.
Speaker 2: I was browsing the web this morning and I came across a list I think might be really useful for somebody in this room. It's the top five tips to help bad drivers avoid totaling their car in the New Year. So this is perfect for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's a little late, Jess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're telling me is we're late?
Speaker 1: Darn made it almost too holy without a total wreck.
Speaker 2: And now we gotta do WTII. Which clip is it?
Speaker 4: Viral?
Speaker 2: Soundbye from the internet. Only enough time to play one. Let's get right into your choices. Option one is a thirty second clip of a woman pranking her very Italian grandmother by secretly adding a tiny bit of sugar into Granny's homemade ragu sauce, and Nana literally can't even We have Option two, a fifteen second clip of a toddler trying to calm down her crying baby sister by singing her a song. But her song choice is a little bit, let's say unusual. So what's it gonna be?
Speaker 1: Italiano no no or tiny disturbing solo no no.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the rhyme, give me the no no.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hear the sound of a thirty second clip of a woman pranking her Italian grandmother by ruining her homemade ragou sauce with sugar.
Speaker 3: Grannie, I'm just tasting it.
Speaker 2: Leave alone.
Speaker 6: I'll taste you, Gannie, would you do do it it?
Speaker 7: He's terrible?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you want to taste it.
Speaker 8: It tastes really gross.
Speaker 3: Calm, taste it.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 10: You're making sweet and zawas also something taste gross, horrible.
Speaker 2: I know you made terrible sauss today. It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Even the Italian dogs upset.
Speaker 2: It's all one time, that's how it works. Granny got got.
Speaker 8: On that one.
Speaker 2: Let's move on and get into the shock collar question of the day with someone who is as sweet as a spoonful of sugar, our own digital Jake. Let's hear it, Jake.
Speaker 10: It's a new era and we're trying this out because Brooke and Alexis managed to completely ruin impersonations for us from now until it turn.
Speaker 3: It you make the better You're welcome.
Speaker 10: You know, we've actually been sent cease and assist letters from every single actor, singer, and politician on Earth, alive and dead. That's why today we have to pivot to a brand new game called plenty of twenty twenty. It's a competition that requires zero vocal talent, hardly any skill, and little to no knowledge of anything important.
Speaker 2: So good as is already sounds too hard for us.
Speaker 10: Still big game, and for most people it's pretty simple. But for this group, I'll explain the rules to you like you're four years old. Okay, So I have a list of the top twenty somethings, like, for example, top twenty favorite Donutskay. You'll go around the room and have each of you name anything off the list. For example, if you say bear claw and that's number twelve, you got it right, and you're still in the game. Not to be confused, Yeah, you're the only one that mixes those up. If you're wrong, you're out. And if you're lucky enough to guess the number one answer, you'll hear this sound. Oh that's the silver save, which goes in your back pockets. If you get one wrong later, it'll save you from elimination.
Speaker 11: Is so fuels have pockets women's But of course the last person left wins and.
Speaker 2: Choose who get shocked.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 10: So let's get started your plenty of twenty lists for the day. Is the top twenty largest restaurant chains by number of locations in the US.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay?
Speaker 10: Who would go first? And those honors go to Brooks?
Speaker 5: I am so ready.
Speaker 10: Twenty largest restaurant chains by number of locations in the US? Ready, brook Yes?
Speaker 5: Begin, my best friend worked here, going Applebee's.
Speaker 10: App Bees is not on the mmediately.
Speaker 3: Instantly out, there's everywhere in the top twenty.
Speaker 10: There is in We're onto lexus to make a guest.
Speaker 5: Are you counting?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to Applebee's, arguably better rival than I've been creating a drink from Chili's.
Speaker 3: Chili's is not on the list?
Speaker 10: Who is?
Speaker 2: How Jim? Are we?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 12: Group?
Speaker 10: You're leaving tons of obvious answers on the board.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think he's counting like fast.
Speaker 5: Food rest if you ordered the counter, it shouldn't count.
Speaker 2: They're just making up rules.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there probably will still be one redo.
Speaker 2: We're onto now, Jose, Okay.
Speaker 11: I mean I I just think, yeah, the easiest I can. My first job was at Subway. I see subways all the time. I'm gonna say Subway sandwiches, Jose.
Speaker 10: That is the number one answer on my list. And you have the silver save for later?
Speaker 5: Okay, count and.
Speaker 2: How dare you amazing? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I love We're onto Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a food shot. I'm gonna go with one of the big ones. Let's go McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was my other one.
Speaker 10: Donald's is number three. Now we go back and head the head and Jose's a silver save in his pocket.
Speaker 3: KFC Taco Bell because they merged, there's probably.
Speaker 2: More of them.
Speaker 5: Tis a building.
Speaker 10: KFC is number twelve on the list, Jose safe, all right, Then I'm gonna steal Jose's other answer Taco Bell. Taco Bell number five on.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, even if I get it wrong, because I also used to work there, see them all over Olive Garden.
Speaker 10: Olive Garden is not on the list, but thanks to your silver saved, you're still in Josey.
Speaker 2: Jeffery, I'm gonna keep with the fast food trend. Let's go Rby's RB number fourteen.
Speaker 3: Does Starbucks count Starbucks?
Speaker 4: I'm number two on the How is Starbucks count as a restaurant food?
Speaker 10: If all eliminated players could please take it down?
Speaker 5: They don't have a kitchen.
Speaker 10: I have to create a level of pipe down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with quiz Nos.
Speaker 10: Quiz Nos not in the top twenty.
Speaker 3: We're gonna king Yeah, Burger.
Speaker 10: King is on the list at number six. Today's winner is Jose. Some of other ones you guys miss Dunkin Donuts number four, Domino's and Pizza Huts seven and eight, Dairy Queen, Little Caesar's, Sonic Papa John's Jack in the Box, and John's Carls Junior Popeyes in Chippotland, the top twenty Lobster. I'd like to thank all of you for playing plenty of twenty.
Speaker 5: Brock shut How this is that?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Jose? Since you're the winner, you get to choose who gets shocked today? Who do you think should sing?
Speaker 11: Because I feel really bad for Brooke because I know she would have crushed that list.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make Alexis get shocked.
Speaker 5: Deserve it.
Speaker 2: Somebody wanted to hear the very popular current song photograph by Nickelback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely hear this all the time, this one. Look at this phote graph every time. It makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: I don't know this.
Speaker 3: Look at this photograph.
Speaker 2: That's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: Frooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Ken Jennings, James Hoole's Hour, even the IBM supercomputer Watson. They all became world famous for being super good at trivia, and you could be just as famous as them. Let me ask you, do you want fame?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you want fortune?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: We are offering something you even better, the respect of a local morning radio.
Speaker 5: Show I mean Sames.
Speaker 2: And that's only if you can take down our own trivia genius Brooke Fox. Find out if someone will become the next Ken Jennings of radio trivia.
Speaker 3: That's coming up.
Speaker 2: You've got a return player to win Brooks Bucks this morning. Her name is Tanisha. You might remember she works as an administrator at Domino's and loves using her employee discount to get passed off. Ye hear that, boys, If you want to get half off of pizza, Tanisha is the girl you gotta start dating. Tanisha. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Are you single, Tisha or somebody already benefiting from that employee discount?
Speaker 8: I am forty and single, so fresh single.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite topping?
Speaker 7: I love Pepperoni's Classic Classic.
Speaker 5: It just says a lot about a person, just you know, on your dating profile. I feel like you should add that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, What does that say? What does the Pepperoni say about Tennisio's personality?
Speaker 5: Solid? Solid person?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 5: Reliable, you know, loyal?
Speaker 14: You know I like, yes, I am tried and true. I think that that describes me very accurate.
Speaker 13: Least.
Speaker 2: What kind of topping?
Speaker 13: Girl? Are you? Brooke?
Speaker 4: God, I'm a little bit of everything that you know.
Speaker 1: We're going to.
Speaker 2: Brook is leaving while she heads out to you know, the game works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 14: I am ready?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Your time starts now. January is National soup month, and according to Campbell's, chicken noodle is number one. What's second?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Comedian recently hosted the Golden Globes peven Heart in the phrase shiver me timbers the word timbers refers to a pirate's pants or the pirate's boat, a pirate camp. How many neck bones does a human have? Seven twenty seven or one hundred and seven? The first Home Alone movie took place in Chicago? In which city did the second Home Alone film?
Speaker 13: New York?
Speaker 2: All Right, good work, t Nisha. Brook is going to come back into the studio. And you mentioned that you're going to be turning forty this year. Brook, you turned forty a while ago. Can you remember now?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 2: Is that ancient.
Speaker 4: History at this point, very recently, Georgia forty, I didn't cry.
Speaker 5: I cried when I turned thirty.
Speaker 6: You cry?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I cried when I turned thirty.
Speaker 4: It was just so shocking, right because it felt like thirty was an actual adult, you know, and I just didn't know how it got there.
Speaker 3: And we never feel like adults, you know.
Speaker 5: And then the ten years in between thirty and forty kind of a blur.
Speaker 8: I thought that was your twenties kind of a blur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Was also a blur. I don't know, Maybe it's all a blur.
Speaker 2: Brook's entire life is a blur with her hard living lifestyle. Yeah, Brook will go working.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god, I have kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do, yeah, two of them.
Speaker 3: Brou oh man.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's anisha goodwark. We're gonna go over to brook now you're ready, I'm ready. Your time starts now. January is National soup month, and according to Campbell's, chicken noodle is number one. What's second?
Speaker 5: Tomato?
Speaker 2: What comedian recently hosted The Golden Globes Joe Cooy in the phrase shiver me timbers. The word timbers refers to a pirate's pants or a pirate's boat.
Speaker 5: Oh boat.
Speaker 2: How many neck bones does a human have? Seven to twenty seven or one hundred and seven?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 5: Neck bones twenty seven?
Speaker 2: The first Home Alone movie took place in Chicago, in which city is the second Home Alone film set? Are true?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Stop their questions to good work, everybody. Let's go to the scoreboard to see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 4: I try just one chill and that set my mouth on fire and I had to drink a tay later.
Speaker 3: Mountain day, Mountain there, Tunisia, you got one correct today?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bruk you uh huh, just like your pizzas yea. Four topics.
Speaker 2: Four kind of smoked you there, Tanisha, sorry about that. Let's go over the answers real quick. January's National soup month. According to Campbell's, chicken noodle is the number one most popular. Second most popular is tomatoes soup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, give it to me.
Speaker 2: Joe coy is the comedian that recently hosted the Golden Globes. Shiver Me Timbers. The word timbers refers to a pirate's boat.
Speaker 5: Oh, because of like it's made out of wood, the timbers.
Speaker 2: The timber, the wood of the boat would shiver during like storms and things. There's seven neck bone in the human neck.
Speaker 5: I get like, I mean like, I feel like there's just one big one.
Speaker 3: There, no, no.
Speaker 2: The first Home Alone movie took place in Chicago. The second one was set in New York City.
Speaker 3: Underrated by the way, the Home Alone two is really good.
Speaker 5: Not as good as the first, not as good as the.
Speaker 2: First now, Tanisha. Unfortunately it wasn't quite enough to beat Brooke today. But just for playing, you do win a fifty dollars Macy's gift card. Did you receive a Macy's gift card over the holidays and celebration of national use your Gift card Day on Saturday, January twenty. First, go treat yourself to something nice at Macy's.
Speaker 14: All right, So I will get you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're gonna come back once you're in your forties.
Speaker 2: All right, Tanisha, thank you so much for playing with win Brooks bucks On, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Imagine you meet someone out and go home with them on night one.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I I can't imagine that. That would never happen to me, not once weird. That sounds so crazy.
Speaker 2: What would be the absolute worst thing that could happen once he got there? Maybe strand of toilet paper falls out of your pants?
Speaker 5: No good.
Speaker 2: Strange voice comes to the smart speaker that says, yeah, move over to the couch. I guess well. One of our listeners ended up at the girl's place on the first night, and what happened to him was so unforgettable. It's been burned into his mind for the last twenty years, and now he wants to share his crazy story in a brand new mass speaker. Oh my god, that's coming up, concession.
Speaker 13: I can't take.
Speaker 14: Back earl arms.
Speaker 13: Mouth speaker.
Speaker 2: I've got a text to seventy five Night too that says, sometimes I pretend I need to borrow my mom's car just so I can go out and put gas.
Speaker 13: In it for.
Speaker 1: Parents.
Speaker 2: Is Hey, if you ever need to borrow one of our cars, feel free to come by the station. We'll leave the keys for you right out there in the lobby.
Speaker 5: They're gonna run it till e and then not fill it back up when they bring him back.
Speaker 3: Philip Brooks car, I'll never run out of gas.
Speaker 2: Or you know what, if you just need to borrow our ears for a confession, we can lend those to you too. Right here on the mass speaker, one of our listeners who's ready to fill our gas tanks up with his secrets, and he's chosen to go by Pat as his fake name today. So Pat, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Give us your gas.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, how are.
Speaker 5: You That sounds like a diesel man with that voice changer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, loving what we're hearing. The voice changer is on, Pat, you are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 13: My voice is so distinct. I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Twenty years ago and my friend. Right, we do spring break in like Jersey Shore.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, so let's say early two thousand, spring break Jersey Shore.
Speaker 5: We're there.
Speaker 4: We were snookie, I got my shirt off right now, you have so much hair, jealous?
Speaker 8: We are so there exactly.
Speaker 13: So anyway, they we're like hanging out on the beach. I ended up meeting the most gorgeous girl.
Speaker 5: Of course you did. I can't believe you would remember her twenty years later.
Speaker 1: She was drunk.
Speaker 13: Oh, I cannot forget guys. Right, really, we hit it off immediately. We spent like the entire day together. People like her house a nice little ranch. It was a nice little beach house. Okay, it ended up being her parents' place. I thought it was her place. But anyway, we just had a blast. We had a great time with you.
Speaker 5: You're partying in your twenties. It's not ever going to be her house on the beach.
Speaker 13: Okay, I should have thought about that. But anyway, you know, we wake up to like noises in the driveway.
Speaker 5: Her parents are home run right.
Speaker 13: Right exactly, She goes, Oh my god, it's my parents. You got to call out the oh right, how did you know that book has forced a lot of men to crawl out.
Speaker 3: Of before she can hear by the idling of the car.
Speaker 5: Car it is, Oh for sure, it's not.
Speaker 3: Even my dad's truck yet out of here.
Speaker 5: So did you get out in time?
Speaker 13: Well, of course I did. I did. Luckily. It was just a ranch house, you know, it was only one level, So I just hopped down back to the hotel. My friends were there waiting for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Walk of shame, baby.
Speaker 2: That's a walk of pride, right, Okay, sound like that bad of a confession.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why would you keep that secret?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 13: The problem is I never got her phone number, and at the time it was like no Instagram, no social media and style. Oh yeah, I wasn't really able to like keep in touch with her. Yeah, so we just lost con check. But shout forward fifteen years later. Okay, Jersey Shore, Right, another summer trip and who do I run it? Way?
Speaker 5: You really ran into her again?
Speaker 13: I really read it? Yes?
Speaker 5: Did she remember you?
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, yes, I walked up to her. She's just looking so beautiful. Oh yes, as soon as I walked up, she did remember me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, tell me you're in love and you got married on.
Speaker 5: Her you shouldn't keep this a secret. Sell this to a movie.
Speaker 2: Fairy tale love story out of the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 13: No, it was really nice. But listening, guys, I ran it to her again. Right, it was the same thing. We hung out for the rest of the night. Again, she invites me back to her place. Now this actually in that area, though she explained the house and it's like a two story I wasn't thinking. We sellous sleep. We had a great night, but we went to sleep and same thing. It's four o'clock in the morning, and she wastes me up panicking. Oh my god, Oh my god, wake up, wake up, she said, my boyfriend he's home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Go to my assigned window. At this point, oh.
Speaker 5: My god, what did you do about your heartbroken?
Speaker 13: Oh my god, she yells to me. Get in the closet.
Speaker 3: Wait, closet.
Speaker 5: She wants you to hide what for an hour? Yeah, she's just he's not thinking.
Speaker 13: I'm thinking, but of course I did. I don't know the guy, right, Yeah, So I jump into the closet where I'm just like frankically like getting dressed, putting my clothes on his head. I hear the boyfriend come in the room, he gets in the bed that I was just like.
Speaker 5: It's still warm. It's still warm body.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're laying there talking and giggling and kissing in a boat. Fall asleep?
Speaker 2: How can people do?
Speaker 5: I don't understand.
Speaker 13: No, that's not it. I I myself fall asleep in the closet waiting. So I fall asleep in the dark closet.
Speaker 5: Think about that.
Speaker 13: Then she wakes me up out of the closet, telling me he's in the bathroom. He's in a bathroom, So go ahead, jump out the window.
Speaker 3: Now's your time. Why can't you leave the door?
Speaker 13: Well, that would have been a great idea, but it was easy to go out the window.
Speaker 5: Did you jump out the window of a second floor?
Speaker 13: So yes, I do.
Speaker 5: Are you okay? Did you break anything?
Speaker 2: Fifteen years later.
Speaker 3: How was the fall?
Speaker 13: I'm okay, but I did have to drop down a floor and a half. Yeah, and I hit the window air conditioning on the way down. He had fright my ink glad to loop back to the damn hotel. Man and any that was like the last time I've seen her. I haven't spoken.
Speaker 4: Oh man, what a terrible end to what we thought was gonna be a love story.
Speaker 5: Him just disappointed for you.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, did you go back to the Jersey shore one more time?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: No, I will not. I'm worried. Honestly, if I ever go back to the Jersey story, the next situation will be even worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 4: And she keeps adding floors every time you see your so just get some more dangerous.
Speaker 13: I don't want to know what comes out the floor too, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Oh sad, thanks for that story. We're glad to hear that you're okay. And text in seventy five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we'll hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's.
Speaker 12: Coming out, freaking Jeffrey in the morning, Yoda a taping Spanish.
Speaker 2: It is Spanish for it. Now it's time for the tap that sound.
Speaker 5: Why does our voice get deeper?
Speaker 15: It's more masculine when I go down to Mexico. But today we call a guy who's married and had to apologize to his wife recently because he was forced to change their password to log into their visa statement online.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 2: This is three times in just the last month. And a half that he's had to change it because he keeps forgetting it and then refuses to write it down. So his wife got fed up and sent us a message, and we put our own customer service Rep extraordinaire on the case. Jose, Let's see if he can talk some sense into this guy in your phone.
Speaker 6: Tap right now.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hi, this is Neil down from Chase Visa My speaking with Lukeman. This is luc Yeah, Hi, mister, an alert came through that you changed your password recently.
Speaker 1: I'm just double checking that was you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that was me.
Speaker 2: Of course it was you.
Speaker 7: Is there an issue or a problem? What's going on?
Speaker 2: An issue? I mean not for you?
Speaker 1: I guess just just change your password any freaking time you want.
Speaker 7: I don't understand. What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: The issue, misterman, is that I work in the Record's division. At any time, anywhere, if somebody changes their account password, an alert comes through to me at my desk.
Speaker 7: Okay, So so then I have.
Speaker 1: To go into the system, copy and paste, change the font aerial a team so it's easy to read for everyone, printed out three whole punch it and place it into our secret password binder.
Speaker 7: Calm down. I didn't know companies do that.
Speaker 1: It's called security. Hackers can't steal binders. Well, I guess technically they could if they got into the bill. Listen, it's just harder for them to steal it when there's a physical copy.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, I just thought it was more sophisticated than that.
Speaker 1: I oh, oh yeah, Oh so now you're you're saying my job is a joke.
Speaker 7: No, just I thought it was computerized in digital Oh I bet.
Speaker 2: You love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just hired an AI robot come in here and just take my job away. Password changed, easy, pasy, and then I'm jobless.
Speaker 7: It sounds like you got a lot going on, man, Yeah, you sound like angry at me for change my passwords.
Speaker 1: You change your password like I changed my clothes.
Speaker 7: Don't you recommend that we change our passwords often? Isn't that the safer thing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I recommend you make one, really really strong, good one that no hacker's ever gonna guess? Why are you changing it over and over? And don't you tell me? Because it's you forgot. Everyone says they forgot. Do not say those words.
Speaker 7: I forgot, But because.
Speaker 1: That's that, that's the straw, the straw that brought the camels back.
Speaker 3: Luke, you forgot your password. You've r your mom's name. What'd you forget?
Speaker 7: This is really unprofessional. You're yelling at me.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, but this is your job, and I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Watch Netflix over here, and all of a sudden it's like, hey, now we got a new FBI security database. We got to change our password yet again.
Speaker 7: Oh now I understand why you're so worried about AI. You're sitting there watching Netflix and you're supposed to be wait a minute, checking the data.
Speaker 1: And should I not be watching Netflix like you're saying there's like a better streaming service?
Speaker 7: No, I only should be watching streaming in general.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, I think we're onto something. Do you have like an extra password or a password you'd like to share.
Speaker 7: I don't remember all my passwords. I'm not going to remember that password either, And secondly, I wouldn't give it to you.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to, cause I see a chase visa here on file. I could just sign up for the year's worth the Hulu.
Speaker 2: This situation just got.
Speaker 1: Better, my man.
Speaker 7: No on the contrary to situation is getting much worse, Like do you have a supervisor or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean my supervisor's your wife.
Speaker 7: Wait you know my wife?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually do, because she set you up for this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Man, my name's Juse from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: This is a phone tap.
Speaker 7: Oh my wife set up.
Speaker 15: So yeah, we're that radio show she always talks about.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, what.
Speaker 1: Bro she told us you had to change her password three times in the last like two months because.
Speaker 13: Forgetting it, that's what.
Speaker 7: That's what made me think, like I don't know. That just made me feel like it was legitate. No, so stupid.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many binders I have personally with all of your passwords in it that you change it looks like a Library's.
Speaker 7: Kind of true because I changed my pastwords a lot.
Speaker 8: Because you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Just changing to Brook and Jeffrey. No one will ever guess it.
Speaker 7: Sure, I'll get right on that, Brooke, and.
Speaker 2: What changes every few years.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: Wake up every morning with phone tabs weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: If you want to become instantly famous, yeah, it's easy. Okay, all you gotta do is go to La start a romantic affair with a famous celebrity who's already in a committed relationship. What he trust me. Your photo will be all over the tabloids. You will be the coolest person in your friend g cool Well would be the most hated person in America. Maybe. And that's what one of our listeners is worried might happen to his friend if she actually goes through with her plan, she may be at the center of a very public celebrity scandal that will not look good on her. And that's why he needs our best advice coming up when we do your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this, It's awkward Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday. When it comes to friendship, How much power should you have over your friend's love life?
Speaker 3: What power?
Speaker 13: I mean?
Speaker 2: If you're Brook, you want full control. Brook wants to decide who you date, when you date them, and if she can watch while it happens, because Brook knows better than you what is best for your romance.
Speaker 4: Check it's because I care, I care, I care, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners says he doesn't want full control over his friend's dating life. But he does want to intervene.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Don't do it, man, and he.
Speaker 2: Needs our help to do it, of course. So let's talk to David about it. David, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 4: That is quite the start, quite the intro, David. Can we ask who the friend is?
Speaker 8: Yeah, her name's Ronda.
Speaker 2: It's a woman on Females Love.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Are you sure there's not some hidden you have for Ronda? And that's why you want to see?
Speaker 2: This is Brooks saying that she knows exactly what you want and when you wanted and watch.
Speaker 3: Wait, I know.
Speaker 5: That was a question, and it's a valid question.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I mean she's cute, but like that's not really the issue that I have here, and like I'm not usually I want to intervene into somebody else's relationships, but this is kind of like a I don't know, it could blow up.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're looking out for what's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, she told me about this new guy that she's been talking to online and like apparently he just kind of like slid into her DMS and they've been chatting on there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, this sounds pretty normal.
Speaker 8: But then she told me who it was, and that's where I kind of got.
Speaker 13: A little shock.
Speaker 5: Wait, you know the person?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean he's a professional athlete. I really don't want to say who it is, but like he's a footballer at a pretty skilled position. He's is still my famous dude.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's cool. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 8: Well, she's sharing with me and like confiding in me that they've been talking like a lot, and she started showing me dms from the profile and I can confirm it's really his Instagram.
Speaker 13: And like.
Speaker 2: My question was going to be, like, are you sure it's him? Because sometimes people pretend to be other people. It's a bold move to try and catfish with a pro athlete, but I don't know how desperate some guys.
Speaker 8: Are, but this is a pro athlete that is currently engaged.
Speaker 4: You think, do you think your friend if you know that your friend knows that I told her.
Speaker 8: About it, she doesn't seem to care. She's like, well, clearly he's not that happy with the situation, or like planning to meet up at his hotel when he comes into.
Speaker 2: Town next So you're saying they have not met in person yet.
Speaker 8: No, but there are like pictures of all of their conversations, and if this thing leaks, and especially if somebody catches up picture of them meeting up the hotel room, Like, god, dude, this is gonna be a really, really bad situation.
Speaker 2: And you are ready with that camera to take that at the hotel.
Speaker 4: I mean, despite Jeffrey joking around, I don't intervene, Like I don't think that it's a good idea. I mean, I think, don't you think your friend knows all this, Like she knows that he's engaged, she knows that it's like a bad not the best choice, but she's doing it anyway.
Speaker 3: Karma will intervene later, he's trying to help her.
Speaker 5: Know his friend wants to do this.
Speaker 8: But like there are different kinds of karva, man, there are kinds of karma where like a regular person's wife finds out and then like you have to go through all that. But like this is a public athlete. Like imagine a mistake you make now being publicized and haunting you for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: So you think your friend doesn't understand the repercussions of what she's gonna do.
Speaker 8: Right, I mean, he just needs Oh he's cute. I like him. He's a big football guy, and like he's just not happy in his relationship or whatever. But like they've only been talking for a couple of weeks. She doesn't know about his relationship, and like, I really just need to convince her not to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and I've seen stuff like this happen where people try and like sneak around on their partners and the experts say that you should use restraint there.
Speaker 5: What what are you saying?
Speaker 2: Or get out the restraints, bring restraints into it. I don't know what the advice is.
Speaker 15: Okay, obviously that's why we need to go to We need to go to you guys for advice.
Speaker 2: Maybe something with the restraints. I mean, but I do think we should intervene.
Speaker 14: Really.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you see your friend driving a car towards a cliff, you don't go, well, they know that there's.
Speaker 4: A cliff there, actually do Yeah, I mean I'd be like, oh, be on the other end to help you pick up the pieces, Like that's what.
Speaker 2: Your friend drive off the cliff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friend's not an idiot. She knows the cliff is there. She just wants to see how far the car will go.
Speaker 3: Just let her die and go. I'll be at your funeral.
Speaker 8: Friends.
Speaker 2: Kind of our job. Our listener is asking us to step in and help him intervene in a good way.
Speaker 5: I mean, his intentions are pure.
Speaker 4: I totally agree with that, that he really truly wants to help.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, oh, now that Brook agrees with me. I'm second guessing. We're going to come back. We're going to go around the room, give you a little bit of advice, and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your friend to try and stop her from going and meeting up with this professional athlete who is already engaged.
Speaker 4: I mean, shock, a professional athlete who would be cheating?
Speaker 2: That is dare you besmirch the name of professional athlete?
Speaker 5: I would never expect it.
Speaker 2: We're going to stop it from happening. Yeah, we'll come back and do it right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. You've heard of having a wingman when you go out trying to help you meet people, But in today's awkward Tuesday call, we're going to be the anti wingman. Trying to stop a woman from meeting up with a professional football player who slid into her DMS and asked her to come over to his hotel when he's in town. Yeah, and our listener David wants to prevent that from happening.
Speaker 4: Because the football players engage that.
Speaker 2: Would invite a lot of drama and negative energy into his friend Ronda's life if she actually goes through with this. So David's just trying to be a good friend look out for her. Now, how do we convince her not to actually go see the guy. That's where Brooke comes in with her anti wingman advice. So what do you have to say to David here?
Speaker 5: You know, if anyone can turn a man off, it's me.
Speaker 2: Do you think David should do?
Speaker 4: Honestly, David, I think you convince her to talk herself out of it.
Speaker 8: Okay, what how do you expect me to do that?
Speaker 4: You are going to make up a story about how you are about to sleep with someone's fiance and you care that they're getting married, and it's just to make you happy, and you're so selfish.
Speaker 5: She's gonna jump in and be like, no, David, you can't do that. That's the worst thing to do ever. And then you say, what do you do? You can't do it either?
Speaker 2: What do you think about that? Use Brooks personal life as you know, you.
Speaker 7: Know what, Let's do it?
Speaker 13: Why not?
Speaker 2: Let's give it? Okay, maybe jose has some other advice to you might toss in there. What do you think it's just in case?
Speaker 11: Well, I was thinking, you know how the forbidden fruit works, Like the second you tell someone you can't have something, they want it way more. Yeah, instead of telling her you're against this, you need to be over the top in favor of this.
Speaker 5: Maybe even ask if you couldjoin it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, your biggest cheerleader.
Speaker 11: And then she's gonna think it's super weird, like what is your problem?
Speaker 2: Okay, a little reverse psychology on her. I meant them, can I kiss something?
Speaker 3: And she's gonna go back off.
Speaker 2: That could be a possibility for you to use, David if you need it. But you have our advice. Now we're gonna dial Rondo for you or step away and let you make your awkward call. Hopefully you can convince her not to meet up with this football player. You ready, Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 7: All right, Well, we'll.
Speaker 2: Stay quiet, we'll jump in if we feel like you need a little help. But here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey Ronda, how's it going.
Speaker 14: Oh hey David? Yeah, what up?
Speaker 8: Not much. I just wanted to kind of call and check in and see how things have been. I haven't heard from you for like the past.
Speaker 13: Day or so.
Speaker 14: Yeah, everything's pretty good, got it.
Speaker 13: Heard.
Speaker 8: How was your night last night?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I mean my night was good, and I mean I kind of I don't know. I kind of have like this weird little situation I'm in and I just kind of wanted to check in and see if I could get some advice from you on it. It's a little weird, okay, And I mean you're always good at advice. You're You're totally somebody that I can trust, and so I figured you'd be the person to talk to you about this.
Speaker 14: Ah. Thanks, Yeah s Philip, let's hear it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, I mean, I know we tell each other everything, but I haven't really told you about this yet. I'm kind of I've been seeing this new girl for the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 14: Oh really, that's exciting. Who is she?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's this girl that I met at It was on one of the surveys of Saturdays the other week, and I don't know, I'm kind of feeling really really guilty about the whole thing because she's kind of engaged.
Speaker 14: Oh yikes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I haven't really told anybody about it. Like, I mean, she's really cool at all. But at the same time, it's kind of like, don't know that. That sounds like I don't know.
Speaker 13: What do you think I should do?
Speaker 14: I don't I don't know. Man, it sounds messy, sounds mey to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah it is, But like, do you think I should still see her?
Speaker 7: Or like I.
Speaker 14: Mean, probably not. I mean, like, don't waste your time on some engaged girl. You're totally better than that.
Speaker 8: Really, See See this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 13: You see what I mean?
Speaker 14: No, I don't see what you mean. What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Look, you need to take your own advice and not meet up with that engaged football player you've been talking to. Like you see what I mean? How it sounds like coming from me, like if I was a mess I got I mean, not to do it?
Speaker 14: Are you?
Speaker 8: But like you're more than willing to go do it? Like you're better than But.
Speaker 14: Wait, are you kidding me? Just what this is really about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and your advice was don't mess around with an engaged person.
Speaker 14: Well, why are you doing it?
Speaker 10: Then, I'm not.
Speaker 13: I made it.
Speaker 8: Don't Let just approve a point. You should not meet up with.
Speaker 14: Him, dude, that was my advice for you. My situation is totally different.
Speaker 8: How how is it different just because he's like a bajillionaire and he's like going to take you on like exotic trips and like I don't know, like buy you in persons that's like his I's like, like, how is it different at all?
Speaker 14: Well, I mean it doesn't sound bad for me. It doesn't sound that bad to me.
Speaker 8: Should sound bad for me.
Speaker 14: I can't do this, dude, Like, no, I can and I am.
Speaker 8: So no, You're going to ruin your life, Like this is not a good idea.
Speaker 14: Weird, No, this is so weird. Like why do you even care so much?
Speaker 8: Because the student's on my fantasy football team and I'm in the playoffs and I need you not to mess this up for me?
Speaker 14: Oh oh oh sure. Well if you would have just told me that, then, like I would have never said.
Speaker 8: Better.
Speaker 2: No, can you hear us?
Speaker 14: Somebody else is on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're actually on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. David asked us to call you.
Speaker 14: I'm on the radio right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to help David out.
Speaker 4: He's trying to be a good friend and help you out, is what he's.
Speaker 5: Trying to do.
Speaker 14: David, You've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 8: Look, I mean, I really don't think that you get it, Like I could win three hundred dollars if his mind is right, Okay, but.
Speaker 2: You're concentrated on the rock is not cool. David. We're mad at you too, because you told us that you wanted to do this because you were worried about your friend Ronda and TMZ catching photos of them at the hotel, her being a home wrecord. But you used to us.
Speaker 4: Funds like it was like some moral high ground that you were on, not the fantasy crack.
Speaker 8: I mean, you're passionately about both things. I promise you you.
Speaker 5: Cared about well and fantasy.
Speaker 2: If you want to win your fantasy team, I'm more than willing to trade a couple of players with you and help you out because I'm screwed, Like.
Speaker 4: Only three hundred dollars her burken bag is worth so much more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is not a lot of money, David.
Speaker 14: I mean, oh, David, if your fantasy football team might win, then sure, I'll totally not see him. Just you're going to do that?
Speaker 5: No, I think I think she's being sarcastic David's.
Speaker 14: Yes, of course, I'm being sarcastic. David. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What if he gave you a cut of his winnings.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's be honest that the football player is not going to get you a burken bag.
Speaker 5: It's not going to happen. Though it's a one night hook up.
Speaker 2: You don't get like a Gucci bag. If you're like, what do you get for a one night hookup?
Speaker 5: Alexis, I know someone who got car once.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, that that actually happened. You guys have that guy's number.
Speaker 5: Great, So maybe.
Speaker 4: That actually doesn't sound like a boundary to this hasn't stopped her before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but oh my god.
Speaker 2: The whole goal was to try and prevent you from doing this in the first place.
Speaker 13: Ronda.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like you've changed your mind at all.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I'm actually even more excited to meet up with this guy now.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he's gay, David. I'm sorry, man, this is totally backfiring on you.
Speaker 5: Alexis it's that car comment.
Speaker 4: I will say, I do think it's probably not the best choice.
Speaker 5: You sleeping with an engaged football player.
Speaker 14: Engaged is not married?
Speaker 1: Oh technically that's engaged isn't married.
Speaker 2: That could be a bumper stick or just make it the top of your new dating profile.
Speaker 5: Let's not use that as your life mantra.
Speaker 4: That's gonna lead to good places, I think thentra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a website.
Speaker 8: I just care about you, and I don't want to see you get hurt. Yes, I care about the fantasy football thing, but I can really see those backfiring and you're my best friend and I don't want to see you get hurt like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ronda, all the fantasy football stuff aside. I do think that he's really coming from a genuine place, trying to have your back, and you should at least muld this decision over before you go over to the football player's hotel. Considerate.
Speaker 14: I know, I do appreciate it, but.
Speaker 4: She's like, you know, you can't You can't get hurt if you don't actually have feelings for someone.
Speaker 5: I think this is a different type of transaction.
Speaker 3: Well, this guy's upon the injury report with a groin injury.
Speaker 2: I think we know why. Or she's going to end up in a box suite next to Taylor's switch.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on the.
Speaker 6: Car.
Speaker 2: Keep us updating, looking Jeffrey in the morning. Today's player is named Jennifer. She is a brand manager on Amazon.
Speaker 5: Oh yes she is.
Speaker 12: And you know what she says is the hottest item on the website right now, Hotter than a tight men's sweater, Hotter than slender slim fit leather pants for men, even hotter than super tight socks so tight I can barely squeeze these menly toes into.
Speaker 1: The hot product on Amazon she manages is tarps.
Speaker 2: People loving their tarps right now.
Speaker 12: It's about to get wet in the studio, but we're saying thanks to Jennifer and her tarps online.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Jennifer.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Jeffrey, you're my favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I never get that on this segment.
Speaker 5: Literally no, I never hear that.
Speaker 8: But I think it's so crazy because you're so awesome.
Speaker 5: For Jennifer, extra tar I know what size are we talking? What's the biggest tarp that you're selling.
Speaker 14: Fifty by one hundred fifty.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, we could just this whole building.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear tarps instead of clothes to wear.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make myself.
Speaker 5: I'm not even lying.
Speaker 2: You got electrocuting.
Speaker 5: I touched the mic and it set a shock up my arm.
Speaker 2: Karma is a cruel mistress broke. Remember that. Now get out of the studio and while she leaves, Jennifer, you know how the game works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, We're all pulling for you here because I'm your favorite. Good luck. Your time starts now. Is the last man to walk on the moon alive or dead?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: The famous landmark called the Spanish Steps can be found in which Italian city? In golf, if you get an albatross, how many strokes under par are you.
Speaker 14: Three?
Speaker 2: According to the nursery rhyme, what fruit did little Jack Horner pull out of his Christmas.
Speaker 5: Kerry?
Speaker 2: A cobbler makes shoes, but a fletcher makes what type of weapon? Spears, arrows or knives. Spear say spears on that last one? Yeah, okay, just confirming good work. Jennifer Brook is going to come back into the studio. Actually really good, especially for your Yeah, no, Jennifer is just amazing.
Speaker 5: What do we want to know about tarp girl?
Speaker 4: Then she.
Speaker 2: Says the best part of her job is that you work remote? What is that like, Jennifer? Does it feel good to work remote?
Speaker 7: I mean, I can go five days without leaving my house.
Speaker 14: It's kind of sad, but I kind of like it nice.
Speaker 5: So you're not a big social interaction type of lady.
Speaker 14: My family's enough.
Speaker 2: Jennifer is a woman after my own heart. So we turn into Brook. Are you ready?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Is the last man to walk on the moon? Alive or dead?
Speaker 5: Alive?
Speaker 2: The famous landmark called the Spanish Steps can be found in which Italian city, Venice. In golf, if you get an albatross, how many strokes under par are you four? According to the nursery rhyme, what fruit did little Jack Horner pull out of his Christmas pie?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 5: Fruit plump?
Speaker 2: A cobbler makes shoes, but a fletcher makes what type of weapons? Spears, arrows or knives, spears? Is Australia made up of states or provinces?
Speaker 5: States?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: With a size? She answers her final question, and then we're gonna go on over to the scoreboard to see how you bolted with Jose. I am a cowboy, and what a cute little cowboy you are, Jose. That was an old clip.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you're confused what you got three corrected.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good. Jennifer again on social interaction, this.
Speaker 2: Is selling a big tarp right now. Don't interrupt her and bro only.
Speaker 6: Walk street.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Jennifer, you beat brod.
Speaker 5: It was a fifty fifty on the Australia one.
Speaker 3: Did I get that right or wrong?
Speaker 2: We're find out here. Let's go to the answers. The last man to walk on the moon his name was Eugene's Cernin and he is dead. That's how I stepped on the moon in nineteen seventy two. Died in twenty seventeen. Moonwalking bad for your health. We'll have more at eleven. The famous landmark called the Spanish Steps can be found in the Italian city of Rome. You went there, didn't you? In golf if you get in Albatroz, you are three strokes under par in the nursery rhyme, little Jack Horner pulls a plum out of his Christmas pie. Cobbler makes shoes, a Fletcher makes arrows, and Australia is made up of six states. States they use states there. Congratulations, you beat brook You're getting one hundred dollars plus just for playing. You also win a fifty do are Macy's gift card awesome? Thank you in celebration of National User Gift Card Day on Saturday, January twenty First, make sure you treat yourself to something nice over at Macy's.
Speaker 5: Well do all right, I just didn't feel great about that, so oh really that's okay. Let me off same. You're your favorite. I mean, obviously this is going to be a loss for me.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: It just goes to show if you come on the show and say that, good things will happen to you. Congratulations, Jennifer. We'll be back to the wind Brooks Box the same time tomorrow
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.