Speaker 1: What's up. It's Lift Service.
Speaker 2: I'm Angela Yee, I'm Gig Maguire, I'm Jazz and Brand, I'm kim On Sorrio.
Speaker 3: Ashley Marie all right.
Speaker 4: Well, kim On Sorrio, just for context, is a good friend of mine who I've known since we both kind of came up in this business together. And she's also an executive producer in the world of TV and film. Okay, and so she is currently producing The Impact New York. All right, And Ashley Marie, as we should all know by now, is one of the stars of the series. So, Ashley Marie, I know your mom too. You know, I'm Bernice Burgos and you guys are on the show together. So we're gonna get all into that. But of course we want to know more about you. You came in here a little frazzle today.
Speaker 3: Girl in the moment?
Speaker 5: Hut what happened? Why are you?
Speaker 3: I just wanna my me? And who not my man? But he my man cheated on me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is awful.
Speaker 4: Now you've got to work and you found like you said fifteen minutes ago, Yeah, so how did you find out?
Speaker 3: I got a phone call on and they was like oh, you're still dealing with such and such And I'm like yeah, and they're like, oh, well he's dealing with such and such and I'm like that's not true. She like they like no, she told me herself, and I'm like, what, like right? But I'm happy though, because the new year.
Speaker 4: So do you you know the woman that he's okay? She had like an enemy or no, not friend, something like that.
Speaker 6: So friendly me, like maybe a friend of me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, liked y'all say high viby.
Speaker 3: We don't say high. But we know of each other, like we used to be cool.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: And she knows that's your man. No, your man, that's not your No. She on the show nobody knows okay, but.
Speaker 3: She on the show No.
Speaker 6: New York January twenty second.
Speaker 4: Eat Relationship and going on Because when you said my man, I didn't realize that. I thought you still were wear Bubba who's the CEO of Highbridge, that's who you have a daughter with.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, but see there's my man who not my man. So it's not really my but I'll be considerate.
Speaker 5: Somebody kind of deal with Okay, man, Well we didn't go together, were you under the pre a little bit under the impression that it was just you and him dealing with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So we had just started dealing redaling with each other because I stopped dealing with my bayfather before the bull dropped. What when y'all see the show, y'all gonna be like, girls, it's just.
Speaker 1: A lot in that girl like, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I know, well, it sounds messy.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: So, but this was a fairly new thing that because y'all justice, Yeah, like three days ago it was really okay, So can you forgive somebody when it's that early on? Maybe there's like some overlapping.
Speaker 8: So my whole thing is I feel like some everybody always got somebody in some sort of capacity.
Speaker 7: Like hold on.
Speaker 3: We knew each other though we were dealing with each other in September, in August, in August, and then we stopped dealing with each other, and then we just we started dealing with each other. But in that time, when we started dealing with each other just a few weeks ago, he told me that he wasn't dealing with nobody.
Speaker 1: That was my next question.
Speaker 8: Has there been a conversation of what what we got going on and what our intentions are with each other.
Speaker 1: But how long ago did you stop dealing with your ex.
Speaker 3: Ago?
Speaker 4: I mean, who got kids in here? You got kids, you got everybody. Yeah, don't deal with daddy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I told you.
Speaker 5: But I did for a while afterwards.
Speaker 7: So I get it.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 2: I don't get it to ye.
Speaker 3: So y'all still gonna do with each other.
Speaker 8: It's probably your same age. So and her father unfortunately passed away, but even when he was alive, we didn't.
Speaker 3: We wasn't nothing, okay, but I know my baby father s when I was fifteen, okay. So and I was like my first love, my first everything. So I don't know. Still to this day, we see each other and we be like smiling every time. You don't get butterflies when you see each other.
Speaker 1: I said, why aren't y'all just together?
Speaker 3: Because I have a lot going on? And I left. We was living with each other for five years and it was too much. Like I went from living with my mom my sister and it was just being us three where the house would be quiet, and then living with him is like now I got a cater to everybody, like it would be his family coming over which I don't have a problem with.
Speaker 4: I love them, but it's like I gotta cook for everybody. I gotta make sure everything is clean. No, but they don't want that. They don't want that. I put it right in the plate like I made it's overnight.
Speaker 3: You're right, it was cool, But I just felt like I wasn't able to find myself like a housewife. Yeah, I was a housewife.
Speaker 4: So you want some time on your own, basically is what it is. Because she was dealing with him since she was fifteen. They do have a kid together. She lived with It's nice to live on your own.
Speaker 5: This is my first time, So you live by yourself right now on the show, you guys kind of talk about the fact that you're living on myself. Yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I went straight from living with my mom to men.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So let's talk about Berniece for a second, because when I met your mom, she was working at Baby and the Mall. This was before she really blew up as like a he has an influencer as a host and doing different things, and so she had you when she was pretty young to fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, and So what was that.
Speaker 4: Like having a mom who was like a fun young mom.
Speaker 7: Real quick, sorry and have something for you.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, okay, god, she almost dropped the cake.
Speaker 7: That is so amazing.
Speaker 3: That was so cute.
Speaker 4: I just said where she was just saying that now, I would say that about yesterday and.
Speaker 5: I was like, where is this is a Q right?
Speaker 7: I love this?
Speaker 5: Okay, chanel okay, purple face.
Speaker 6: That's how beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's really cute.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 10: His birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, deer Angela.
Speaker 1: Hali Birthday to you. Am.
Speaker 4: I like this because it looked like it's so pretty.
Speaker 6: It is so nice.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful guy.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Look I got some rich friends, y'all not gonna rich.
Speaker 5: This ain't no cheap cake.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna have to cut this.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: It's set decoration though. You got to put it there.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is so cute. It is super cute. That's his favor color.
Speaker 7: Purple.
Speaker 6: It's blanking. It's blanking. Oh, I should tell everybody.
Speaker 2: Dan was gonna be like this was I should tell I should tell everybody how Angela acts in the Chanelle store.
Speaker 6: She's been buying everything. You would talk about having rich friends.
Speaker 1: I'm not rich, No, I'm cash poor right now buying cash.
Speaker 6: How much is that jacket?
Speaker 1: I'll take that.
Speaker 4: I'm like anyway back to Ashley Marie, but no, So, how was that for you growing up with your mom? She was young, fun, you know, popular, people knew her. What was that like for you?
Speaker 3: I have always been like doing my own thing, So when my mom was doing all of that, I wasn't really realizing what was really going on, like I was in school. But like I will be fighting people because they'd be like, you know, she works in starlets, so they'll be like, oh, your mom is a stripple, but she's not even.
Speaker 1: A strip a vitender. I started writing.
Speaker 3: Starts in the rings.
Speaker 4: So it's like I'll be going off on people a lot. I'll be arguing I ain't know how to deal with certain stuff. People be commenting stuff on my Instagram and it's like, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was a rebel child though, So but that.
Speaker 4: Is tough though, because I can imagine like going to school and people saying negative things. So I got her comment on this because I have a very similar situation. I actually was a stripper, and like I said, my daughter and your daughter are, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm twenty seven, same age, she's.
Speaker 8: Twenty seven, And the difference is we lived in Atlanta, where stripping is the thing.
Speaker 1: So when she was in middle.
Speaker 8: School, high school, I was like the top stripper at the top strip club, and everybody knew me the same way everybody knows your mother and I. In hindsight, I would ask her, like, you know, how was that, and she's like, how was what? Like life was great? So I was very eager to hear your response to what that question was, because you know, I kind of lived that same life on the other side, but really as a stripper. But now you know she's grown and Atlanta. It's definitely then when it different when it comes.
Speaker 3: When my mom started in Starlett's, she we moved to Jersey, so we was in the Bronx for a long time and then we moved to Jason. I'm like, this tough kid coming to Jersey being around only kids, and it's like some of these kids is bougie, some of them is not. And it's like, you know, they on Instagram, so they see what's going on, right, And then it was like, you know, my mom's dating life and all this extra stuff. And I was just like I was on time and I'm like, whoever got's son? And stay I'm or whatever. So I was really a rebel. Like my mom really went through it with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: She was like, look, I was like a lot.
Speaker 4: But then she also had her pajama line and still does. So you work with that too or no?
Speaker 3: No. I helped start it. I helped with the designs in the beginning, and I stopped. I stopped doing that why because that's not my passion. I had my own business too. I was selling waide Streness. But I was doing that for the money and I made a lot of money. But that's not my passion.
Speaker 5: Okay, so your passion against music?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always been music since I was little.
Speaker 1: So how did you embubb meat?
Speaker 3: I met him and a party was and hear, yeah that was when.
Speaker 7: I was young.
Speaker 3: I wasn't have enough party, but he was like, and good. My mom dressed me in a church lady out. I was so sad. I was fifteen. She I finally her dressed me. She dressed me looking crazy. He noticed me, but then he started hitting me up. And I had a boyfriend and I was like, I can't talk to you, and then I got with him. He was the first boy that stood over my house.
Speaker 6: That was And so she's still in love with him.
Speaker 7: The impact.
Speaker 1: She's breaking up with.
Speaker 5: Daddy, she's really still in love with her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's really.
Speaker 7: Do you think that.
Speaker 2: I can tell We've been filming now for about three months.
Speaker 3: No spoilers, but.
Speaker 2: You can tell, right, just in terms of how she lights up when she speaks about him.
Speaker 4: What about when he's with other women? Since you guys aren't together, does he tell you she.
Speaker 3: Literally like, lose my mind? What you mean, I'm a little key crazy. I'm a tourist. So are we crazy?
Speaker 5: Your birthday?
Speaker 3: May night? Go ahead, Yeah, I'll be going crazy.
Speaker 4: Like give us an egg, not now, though, Give us an example of something you've done that you would consider crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I said it on the show. I did a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I put all his clothes outside. We lived in a big house, and I put all his clothes outside, and I made like a I did like a board, and I stated everything he did and all the cheating.
Speaker 5: He did a board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did a board, bag bags all his stuff. It was all in bags.
Speaker 4: And all the neighbors came out at like seven in the morning and they was coming up to the board and they was reading it.
Speaker 3: They was like, oh, he ain't coming home.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, But he came home.
Speaker 3: He went through the window, came I.
Speaker 1: Would have wanted to come home after the board.
Speaker 5: I've never heard nobody do that.
Speaker 1: Did anybody Did the neighbors take the clothes?
Speaker 3: No, they were just laughing. They all knew us, so they knew we was always fighting. And then when he pulled in. It's so crazy because I was kicking him out so much that in his car and his trunk. Oh he had was his clothes. All his clothes is already in nail, so he needed was some.
Speaker 5: More bag or just like y'all were together.
Speaker 3: He was not cheating. She was definitely.
Speaker 5: Did you ever fight any of the women.
Speaker 3: One time? It was only one time, but they felt like I was so crazy. They don't really wanted to fight, like I was like staying in front.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine having like that.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I just got cheated on and I don't care right now. Like I'm I don't care.
Speaker 5: I might hit you later.
Speaker 6: That's growth. That's growth when you don't want to fight.
Speaker 4: But though you never want to be so numb to cheating and think that it's so normal that you don't care. It's not because it's not normal, Like it's not anything to just be like I don't care.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm at the point like if I get a man right now, whoever it is, my baby father, the new guy, whoever, if you cheat on me, if you even give me some type of signs.
Speaker 1: Have you ever cheated?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was your reason?
Speaker 8: Because we have a theory that women cheat for like certain reasons, for different reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, m.
Speaker 3: The truth. Yes, please, I cheated on my baby father first. He wasn't doing anything wrong. He was like the perfect, perfect, perfect boyfriend. I cheated on him first. That's what started his cheating.
Speaker 5: Why did you? Why did you cheat on him?
Speaker 3: Because he took me from somebody and I was I still kind of liked them, but I was just I was young, I got I had daddy isshoes. I didn't you know, I really didn't know what's a good man until I met one. So when I cheated. I was just like, damn, I fucked up.
Speaker 4: So that kind of ruined the relationship. And that's when he started cheating.
Speaker 3: That's when it started.
Speaker 1: Man, that's now. That's accountability though.
Speaker 4: To say that I'm the person that that kind of made it start. When you say you have daddy issues? So your dad is he on the show?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: And what was your relationship like with him growing up?
Speaker 3: He's on the show and he just he's just a a hallm baby daddy. I wass y'all know.
Speaker 4: You know, they's selling dogs, pit bulls and shit. They take dogs better than they take their kids. So my mom had one of those.
Speaker 5: So how is how is it filming with him on the show and stuff?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I only feel with him one time. Okay, yeah it was. It was weird because we don't we get into it, but that was like I don't know, spoil spoilers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, was he present though you're throughout your life?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, he wasn't.
Speaker 1: Okay not at all. How does how does your mom deal with him?
Speaker 3: She don't at all? Like ill that that's the lute hush. She don't deal with him at or she's like you've grown you're grown ass woman. I don't got to deal with that man.
Speaker 1: So, m so was he there even like when you were born?
Speaker 3: Was he jail when I was born?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, all right? Wow, this is a lot that you see.
Speaker 4: I think people have to also understand where people are coming from because, like you said, you know, your mama's fifteen when she had you, your dad was in jail when you were born, and then even in your relationships, you didn't know how.
Speaker 3: To Like, yeah, I feel like that scarred me a lot, Like in a lot of situations that I have now still as an adult, it's like I still have those type of daddy issues because of that. So it's like now I'm maturing, I'm twenty seven, I got a passion for what I want. I know what I want, and it's like now I'm not dealing with certain shit before I didn't know.
Speaker 1: So what's an ideal man for you? Like, what would you say? These are the things that I want in a relationship.
Speaker 3: A cultured man?
Speaker 5: What is a cultured man?
Speaker 3: I mean, my daddy's African, so he's very cultured. He's very family orientated. Like you know, we've been to Africa, so I get to see different things, different living and stuff like that. I like a man that could cook.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, like that mad at that jas He's like me too. The men that can actually could Like if a guy could cook, can it really cooked?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Not just on the grill either, you know every guy every.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. What a dude that could dress, that coulddress me, that could take care of me? Like I shouldn't be able to ask you for anything. You should already know I needed, right.
Speaker 4: You know that's interesting because you've made money from a young age, Like you said, you were selling waste trainers.
Speaker 1: You were an influencer, so you've always you know, I.
Speaker 3: Never really needed a man, but i'd be wanting. I got lucky, ma mee, Daddy Rich.
Speaker 1: Do you get along with Ella because she's on the show and that's a Buggy's girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my daughter's godmother.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's nice.
Speaker 4: So you guys asked you are on the impact to look at him shaking her head. Yeah, so that's nice that you guys are actually on there together and our friends in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's one of my closest friends.
Speaker 1: Do y'all tell each other stuff? Like, girl, why I was with such and such and so each other.
Speaker 3: She know everything me I didn't. I tell I'm a snitch. You I can't know nothing.
Speaker 7: They know.
Speaker 3: You cannot say nothing around my ears.
Speaker 7: I got ears.
Speaker 3: I can hear through the room, my hair. I record what they said.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 7: That's hard.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask everybody in the room that.
Speaker 4: Right. Let's say you're in a relationship and but you're friends with your man's you know girl, but your man's friends girl, you all become friends and hang out together if you know her man is doing something, you know because of your man.
Speaker 1: Let's say you know because.
Speaker 4: He's you're Are you supposed to tell because your man might be mad at you for that?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Business, I'm mind.
Speaker 2: There's five people that I'm never minded my business for five women that I'm like, you can't do anything.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm bringing it to you. Everybody else, I'm minding my business.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: If it's something, then I might think it depends on all My relationship is like with you, most likely I want to stay. I want to because the thing is you'll tell them they'll stay together.
Speaker 7: There. You can't exactly.
Speaker 3: Like other people relations because I snitched.
Speaker 4: I don't care, because then it might make like say bodies like I don't want her around I don't want her around us because.
Speaker 1: You can't care. But they.
Speaker 3: Together, But they got to take that between them two. The guys, they can take that. We you know, we close, our kids was close.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like, nah, I love that because if it was the other way around, they telling they snitching on us, for sure.
Speaker 1: So have you gotten told on?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I might have.
Speaker 3: Said, you know, you never know a nigga be like I heard, and he heard it from that person, so.
Speaker 7: You never know.
Speaker 4: But I was, now, what about bringing your child around? Like, let's just say he brings your daughter around like another another woman child.
Speaker 3: She's fine. She'd be six in February. She talking and she told you too much. She get it from from both my mothers. Got the she'd be like, I heard that. She like I asked her. I'd be like, indeed, daddy got girlfriend. She'd be like, no, Mommy, you and my daddy's gonna get married by.
Speaker 1: Force, by force, okay whatever you think you guys will get married.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, maybe maybe not.
Speaker 1: But you've never felt like you feel about him about anybody else.
Speaker 5: No, So wait a minute. So he can't bring anybody around under no circumstances.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I've never I've never ever bought my daughter around me in respect. I think I think it's just I've been so big on family. You know. I didn't get that when I was a kid. So it's like, if I'm gonna do that, like that has to be my man. I can't do that serious relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, Now what about your mom working a lot too when you were young?
Speaker 3: What about it?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm saying, was that hard for you also?
Speaker 4: Or who was like, you know, if you have to be in the house because she's working at nights as a bartender, then y'all.
Speaker 3: I was the rebel child. I liked it.
Speaker 7: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I was like, bye, you need to fold your clothes. I was hyped, I got the frequentt I was.
Speaker 1: Perfect what I was.
Speaker 3: I was so like that didn't bother me at all.
Speaker 4: And so you always all right, So when you talk about what you want to do, which is music, you always knew you wanted to do that.
Speaker 3: I used to be a dancer for Radio Disney, Pece Star. I don't know if y'all know who that is, but she was a rapper, so I was a backup dancer for her. I was a backup dancer for Bianca, for Young Bay. Yeah. So I've always been in the meg music. Yeah. I was always doing as a kid though my mom had me and all types of stuff when I was six. So I've always been a dancer and I've always been in singing classes. So I thought originally I was going to sing, and then I started rapping because I knew how to write. I didn't even know I knew how to write until I wrote Back on the Market.
Speaker 1: But how did your baby daddy feel about that? He liked it? Back on the Market. He liked it.
Speaker 3: I was surprised. He was calling. He was getting calls from jail, like yo, your baby. He's like, yeah, you want to hear it. I was like, wow, that's what I But it still when when his family want to get him mad, like I'm.
Speaker 1: Back in the walking Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Do you ever Kim as an executive producer and you see, like thinking about what we came up with, you know, when we were younger and in the game and just on our way up? Do you give advice or as an executive producer? How involved are you get in people's lives?
Speaker 2: Like I had a cast member tell me one time on a show I was doing. They said, damn, Kim, how you just come in and out of people lives like this?
Speaker 1: Because that's true.
Speaker 2: It's because you have to really get into in order to give a good show and tell good story, you have to really become you know, you got to get into your cast lives.
Speaker 4: So but how is that when the camera stopped rolling then and now? Like you said, don't pick on my phone business, you said, I.
Speaker 3: Don't be kidding.
Speaker 6: I'm Kidding'm kidding. No, some people will say that, they'll be like, okay, am I going to court you when the shows up. That's not true. I'm definitely all in there business.
Speaker 1: But you know, in a real way, what happens if you don't like somebody.
Speaker 7: I never not like.
Speaker 5: Someone, Angela, Remember you didn't you didn't care for it.
Speaker 1: That's impossible. Listen, it was a couple.
Speaker 2: I'm at the point in my career where I think that if I don't like you, I just don't have to deal with you. You know, I don't have to deal with casts on that level, right, Like, we have a big team of producers, so I like to be really involved, but I don't have to be involved. So if I don't like you, I just won't be involved. We have a show to do if you And really I don't have any personal issues. I think there was one person, like in my whole reality show career, right which.
Speaker 1: Came and I was starting to.
Speaker 6: Stand Angela, I'm just going to do this.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 6: There was a man and a woman. Yeah, and it's not personal.
Speaker 2: It's just don't don't disrespect, don't just you know, like if we're here to do a job, so if there's no personal like we're doing a job.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: It's so interesting seeing people are telling like their realities now and things that they've gone through.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like we came in an era where you don't talk about like things happen behind the scenes and they stay behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: But now I feel like it's everybody talking about reality. I don't think that's a bad thing.
Speaker 4: It's a different thing because when we came up, it was like you, if you want to be around people, you gotta keep your mouth shut. Mind your business, you know, stay focused, do your own thing. If something happens to you, no one gives a fuck. You got to understand it's just part of the job. That fucked up shit is going to happen to you. But now it's a time where something happens and we get to be like this person did that, and not that it always turns out good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Social media though, I feel like it's really like what social media has done, even even because.
Speaker 6: Don't forget Angela and I did a show together.
Speaker 2: So we did a show, right and instagram around it or just was it now, right, So like we didn't have social media in the way that we have it now at that time.
Speaker 6: So it's really like some YouTube stuff I think back then, Yeah, like it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something happened.
Speaker 5: Is everywhere they all live and explaining what happened other person's in the comments.
Speaker 1: So being that this is your first reality show, how was the experience for you?
Speaker 4: I think I was mostly myself, Like I don't know to be anybody else but myself. So I feel like in certain times I was like a little bit too chill.
Speaker 6: You would tell me you want the tea.
Speaker 3: I was like really really laid back, cause it's like I don't know y'all. Like, you know, so I'm gonna act how I act when I don't know somebody. So but it's like, you know, I'm meeting people. I have to be open to it, have to be nice. I am nice, but it's like I can come off mean sometimes what you think.
Speaker 2: You're nice, but you're a little y'all got to really tune in because here's the thing.
Speaker 6: This, this is what I tell Ashley all the time. This is her first job.
Speaker 2: Tell them it's your first job, right, So like even though we're shooting a show, you got to come to work. You gotta come and and it's it's a lot, and they sign up for the show and they're not necessarily ready for the show of like your phone is going off all the time.
Speaker 6: You got to be responsive all the time.
Speaker 2: You got to come to set all the time, to get hair and make up every time you come or you know, so it keeps They've never.
Speaker 6: Been that busy, I think, I mean, I don't know if they've.
Speaker 5: Never been that busy.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, because that was hard for me when we did our show is I had a full time job on the radio.
Speaker 3: Different outfit and fly. I'm like, oh, my dad using all my ship.
Speaker 2: Different looks and so it's it's it's keeps them busy. But I think it gets you focused in a way that you've never been focused before. So if you are doing music, which is what she's doing, you're like, you know what, now I see the grind because it's every day with us, we always be looking for Ashley producers be blowing up her phone.
Speaker 3: Went for two days to do that.
Speaker 5: What were you doing?
Speaker 4: I just needed a mental I just needed one of those mental breaks because it was just a lot going on all at one time, and it was like, okay, what the fuck, Like I need to gather everything together, all my ship and I turned my phone off from everybody.
Speaker 3: Nobody can fund me, but.
Speaker 4: You know what, and see, we could have never did that because I feel like right now people are more understanding of the fact that you do need a mental break and you do need to.
Speaker 1: Take a rest. When we were coming up, it was like, I'm so used to that every day stop like it's when you off clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all day.
Speaker 1: But it is important to make sure you take care of yourself, because that's how you have a breakdown.
Speaker 7: Dude, Yeah, if you don't.
Speaker 3: I have a kid, So every day I wake up six in the morning, make sure breakfast is ready for my daughter, take her to school, which is like thirty minutes away from my house. So it's like it's a lot, Like I'll be needing a little break and I needed those two days.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 1: I was like, is she coming back, y'all?
Speaker 5: Is there anything that you learned about yourself throughout this process of filming the show?
Speaker 1: Clocking in at work?
Speaker 3: I definitely known that. I mean, yeah, I would say clocking the network for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you make friends? Something like that?
Speaker 4: Clear trapping? She's been on lip service. I think she's really Yeah, she's the same song we a day of.
Speaker 1: Part Okay, Yeah, No, she was really good and she's very talented and.
Speaker 5: A nice that's my girl.
Speaker 3: That's my girl. I mean, I mean I made friends, Like you know, we getting there. It's like it all depends what happens after the show.
Speaker 5: If we went staring.
Speaker 6: Here, can we did together?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: Like she said Kim, I'm like, I mean, I will hope.
Speaker 3: Nobody saying thatthing crazy about somebody? Does I know they are. It's cool, but this is lipserver.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about the new song Knock Knock, all right. That there's one line in particular that stood up stood out to me before you can hear, has this ever happened to you?
Speaker 1: Has your Joe have a lot?
Speaker 3: No? But hold on, damn, I can say, go ahead. What I gave my baby father head every morning?
Speaker 1: That was every morning morning?
Speaker 3: Really you but your teeth first, of course, but sometimes I didn't. Everybody that's clocking in, I don't. She didn't have that's a job. That's yeah, it was every day. But I feel like I did it so much that now my joy really be like locking.
Speaker 5: Whose idea was it for?
Speaker 7: Every day? The daily? You know who that was?
Speaker 4: You never asked me you know what that because she's like, you're not leaving the house with a loaded weapon, period.
Speaker 3: I knew. Like, I feel like, this is my theory, Like if a guy comes a lot, then he ain't even doing nothing. But if he comes a little bit, he been doing.
Speaker 1: He could also have been masturbating.
Speaker 6: Are you sure so you was really doing it to investigate?
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes he didn't know that was investigation.
Speaker 6: There be like, let me see and he'd be like, she had a little measuring cup on the side.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: So did you enjoy getting you got?
Speaker 3: That's my ship?
Speaker 1: So you never skipped a day?
Speaker 7: No, what if you're mad?
Speaker 3: I was mad at unless I was mad. That was the only time.
Speaker 1: Were there are times when you were like this wasn't a lot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, scientist, I'm like, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Are you going to do that for them every day?
Speaker 3: I mean, I dealt with a guy after my baby father, the guy I was just dealing with for three days. Yeah, I don't think I would do that with him. It's just that I know my baby father to the team like I know him. It's not if he gets with another girl, he probably gonna love it there because she ain't gonna no ship. I know everything. So it's like, you can't pass up nothing with me.
Speaker 1: You got to start all over it, right, Okay, Now, how can a guy tell it for a woman is cheating?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't cheat because you admitted when you cheated, right, did you act different whether like.
Speaker 3: Some you know, he went through my phone? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What made him go through your phone?
Speaker 3: Not a damn thing. He just took it, and I think I made him go through my phone. I started going crazy. I could have just chilled and he would have just been like, let me just see. He was literally just going to see something. And I was like, get my phone for sure, because I never did that, he'll take my phone. I would take his phone. I would look at the time, I would go on Instagram. He would never care. But when he took it that time, I lost my mind. He was like, he ran in his car and he drove off.
Speaker 1: You were like, oh, you were like, I can't even go the cop has my phone.
Speaker 3: That was the first time it happened. The second time it happened, I called the cops when he took my phone. See, I knew it.
Speaker 7: I knew it.
Speaker 4: That's big doing something crazy if you call the cops because somebody has The.
Speaker 3: Cops was laughing at me. They was dying laughing. I was like, sir, I need my phone. I have stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Like wow, do you think you could ever get it back to where it was with him?
Speaker 3: I think so. That's the one best friend. I think so, But it's going to take He got to understand my life now, my life is not the same does he not like what you do? Like?
Speaker 1: Does he not like?
Speaker 3: I feel like he's like up and down. It's kind of like sometimes he likes, sometimes he don't. It's like, you know, how guys are.
Speaker 5: Is it that you're more independent now that he can't care.
Speaker 3: For I don't know if it's that I'm independent. I just think like the posting on Instagram, the certain outfits that I'm wearing that kind of bothers him. It's like he can't have certain control over me the way he will usually have there because it's like I gotta work, like I wrap, I talk about certain things.
Speaker 1: Right, So you think you'll ever chant him again?
Speaker 3: Now? Yeah, I don't care. I'm doing my own thing, don't I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Buying It doesn't sound like it's got work.
Speaker 4: At first, it feels like it is. And then when you say, I don't care, I'm doing my own thing. Even when you're in the song and the song before this where you said you're heartless, that's the same that the first song where you broke up, the breakups back and the work yeah.
Speaker 3: Back, oh yeah that was I didn't think I was going to get back with him after that, but he liked this, So I don't know, we weird. Nobody understands us. Kim don't even understand. I just kim be like, yo, what what is it with y'all? Like I don't want to say it.
Speaker 7: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just say we just flow.
Speaker 6: But they're in love.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people in love, they just they just can't get enough of each other. It's like, you're so in love, you can't be together because you know, you get together. It's so detrimental to like your functioning your everyday life.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't like liking guys too much.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 6: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't because I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm like, oh, you mean, like I'm like I want to cook for you. I want to cater to you, like I want to wake up my days to you or to my kid or whatever. And it's like I really have my own stuff now, like I got my own shit going on. I can't do that, Fugu right now. I can't. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: When you were younger, a lot of people knew who you were from social media, where there ever a lot of like creepy guys.
Speaker 1: Handing you up when you weren't even so creepy older people.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy still to this day, creepy guys right me and it's guys be trying to talk to me and my mom. It's so weird. It's so weird. And before I literally write do back, I will go to her DM first just to make sure, just to sit.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, wow, it's straight, like we're good over here, Like it's good, funny, that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one thing that I don't got to worry about with my daughter.
Speaker 8: But the only thing is is I have an age range that I don't straight away from because I just feel like I don't want to be fucking on somebody that we possibly fucking on my kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just weird.
Speaker 8: And I had her when I was seventeen, so we're still that very short age gap, and it's like the older she gets, the kind of closer we get in age, even though I'm aging as well, but the age gap kind of closes right, And that's really like it's just like a morality thing, like I can't talk to a guy that's this much younger than me just because he's so much to the age of my feet, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think about it, and she dates a guy ten years younger, and you date a guy ten years older.
Speaker 1: That's you're so.
Speaker 7: Happy and they like her, you know, and I ain't.
Speaker 8: Even the young ones be beating down my mind as well, which is why I made the comment, because that's that's who I attract.
Speaker 1: Now they'd be like thirty and I'd be like.
Speaker 4: Everybody in here, I feel like has been through a really bad, dramatic breakup. What look at camstation in her head, Like yes, you know, but all of us, like we've been in long term relationships that have been like really traumatic. What would be some advice that you would give, you know, when you look back at what you went through and saying, Okay, this is what I would have done, you know differently, if anything, you know, what's that dang? I honestly feel like I should have spoken up more when I knew things instead of keeping them in and just kind of sweeping them under the rug. Like I feel like there are so many times where I just allowed the bullshit to happen where I should have and could have and just decided not to for whatever reason.
Speaker 7: In the moment.
Speaker 8: I feel like, in hindsight, maybe I should have said some shit back then instead of letting it comes. I mean, I'm very good at communicating, but I just felt like I was like keeping ship as attacking like ammunition, Like I was holding on this stuff because one day I'm going to shoot back, and I should have been shooting back in a moment. And then it's also you're like gathering information one and then that way, when you do some shit, you'd be like, well, you did this exactly, because sometimes when you let things like that faster, it gives you an excuse to do what you want to do because you know what they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, What about you, Jasmine?
Speaker 5: What if I think I would have two things? I would have been more independent. I dealt with somebody and they took care of me like everything, you know, and well I liked It's it made me less independent, so certain things I didn't know how to do anything.
Speaker 1: I was like, Jasmine, you gotta get your own phone line.
Speaker 7: She's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Get off the family then, and I'd be like, and my therapist be like, yes, get your own bride.
Speaker 5: You're an adult and I'm like, I mean, you know, he would do everything for me, so it was just like, okay, he would he would just do everything. Yeah, so I would you know.
Speaker 4: But I feel like, but that also could be a control thing too, because if you don't do these things and then you don't know how to do them, and then you're so reliant on somebody for them, it puts them in a position where they.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of control.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the other thing I think I would have told myself is, you know, when you're experiencing something, it feels so intense, and later it doesn't. It's not really when you're in it, it's magnified. And I would tell myself, like, it's not going to feel like you just need some time. It's not going to be this big deal.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay.
Speaker 4: I would say for me, i'd be letting things go on too long. I let my last relationship last for so long, and I should have been like, I wasn't happy and it was and you know good, but I was just like whatever. And so I think that you have to really like face those things and if it's not good and you see it's not going anywhere, then it is time to just say.
Speaker 5: Easier not to address it up.
Speaker 1: It's easier to kind of like not me.
Speaker 3: I'm a dress.
Speaker 4: I'm a very like fade to black type of person. I let something like run his course and just kind of fade out. You're capital yeah yeah, instead of like being like, all right, let's have a talk, let's do this, let's do that, let's figure this out. And I think that sometimes, like how you say you like to do everything for somebody, I could be like that too, and I do too much for people that when they don't really deserve it.
Speaker 3: I would say saying, like past relationships, right, I should have took more of his money.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you know, I look at it and now he give me anything that I want. But we're not together. But when we was together, would be so quiet and he had so much money. Sure this car is and I would ask for nothing. Okay, yeah, like that was stupid as hell.
Speaker 3: I would have took more his money.
Speaker 1: He wasn't just doing stuff for you though, like just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like I didn't need much that was always in the house. I didn't need much. I wasn't even going out with my friends for real, so it's not much I needed and I would have got on my ship like I would have got more addressed up, more been outside, more looked good, got pretty like I feel like I didn't really get in tune.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you would have enjoyed life more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 1: What about you, Kim?
Speaker 6: How much time you got, how much time you go through it?
Speaker 1: You did? You did?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 6: One I would stop.
Speaker 2: Falling in love with the idea of something, right Like that would be my advice to women.
Speaker 6: Stop falling in love with the idea.
Speaker 2: So you see somebody, you know how they are, but you trying to change them to what you want them to be. They're not going to change for you. If he did it to the last girl, he's going to do it to you because that's in his character, right, So stop trying to I'm special.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: You have to like learn how to learn somebody and be in love with who they are, right And if you're in love with who they are, that's when you could find some like real I think common ground. I think for me, learning how to be happy alone has been my journey, right, So like it's dangerous now you do seems happy, So what do you be doing yourself.
Speaker 3: It is dangerous.
Speaker 6: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: If I don't have my daughter, I'll be like what, I'm about to go to New York. I don't even know what to do?
Speaker 1: Well I do?
Speaker 2: I do say when I keep myself really busy with work, So I do have a lot of work to do. I have a lot of projects, and I focus on that. But I think outside of that, just really enjoying yourself, right and not being so a lot of us are very co dependent, yes, right, so when you've been in relationships like I was very co dependent, and I was also I think through my divorce. You notice I was afraid to be alone, right, So I didn't want to be alone after I got divorced.
Speaker 6: It was like the fear that I had of oh my god.
Speaker 3: Like are you gonna dielan?
Speaker 2: No, you're gonna die a loan anyway, because when of y'all is gonna die first, or you're all gonna break up.
Speaker 1: But you're a tragic you know, like.
Speaker 2: You are not going to die together, Okay, so at some point you're.
Speaker 6: Going to be alone. So you got to learn how to be alone and be comfortable with that.
Speaker 2: And so now I'm so comfortable with like being by myself, and if someone is around, I enjoy their company like wholeheartedly, like I enjoy the time we have together and being with that person.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I always feel like it's so important for people to understand how to be independent and be a great individual on your own before you could be great in a relationship with somebody. Yes, you know, sometimes some people will tell you like, oh, no, you're supposed to be able to rely on the other person and be codependent.
Speaker 1: I think that is not dangerous.
Speaker 4: It's great when you're an independent, amazing person that I'm with you because I'm choosing this, not because I have to.
Speaker 3: When I was with my daughter's that my family, I have a lot of women in my family's not a lot of guys. They will be like, you need to just stay with him because he take care of you. Like they would never tell me get up and get your own ship, like I did that on my own right, And they would, like my grandmother everybody, like you need to just stay there, Like where you're gonna go after this, what you're gonna do. I literally felt like, damn, this is all I got, So I just stood and I dealt with all the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because sometimes that is something that is like a traditional thing to generation.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be with.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but you know, even if you think about your mom, she's always got her own. Yeah, she could tell me the same ship too. We're gonna go, it's you, him and the baby.
Speaker 3: Need to just stay here.
Speaker 10: I was like.
Speaker 4: I would have been because she didn't do that, you know what she definitely, Yeah, she went and got her own, but she wanted you to be able.
Speaker 3: She felt like and a lot of people felt like I wasn't strong enough to be on my own. So when I did it, it surprised everybody, Like I just got up and I.
Speaker 1: Just I left, like me and that day, what what made that happen? That day? When you got up and left?
Speaker 4: I got call and again, don't go back, and I went back to that. But okay, I said that wrong. We were not together. I continuously told him we were not together, but y'all living together. Though he was living together.
Speaker 3: But I told him like, I'm about to go get my crib and this is gonna be what it is. But he never listened to me. He thought I was playing. And one day he went through my phone. But that night I prayed and I was like, I want to leave this man. I can't deal with this no more, like I can't be in this house my own stuff. I want to do everything on my own. And that day he went through my phone. I packed on my stuff. Three days later I got my own grip.
Speaker 5: You got to stop going through the phone.
Speaker 1: I don't like that mean, I don't like because I've been telling my friends stuff.
Speaker 7: I don't like talking.
Speaker 1: Crazy, reckless, you're not.
Speaker 7: Behavior.
Speaker 3: It's because he went through my phone where he wasn't even together, like a year ago, like that, and I was like, I cried in the car.
Speaker 1: I said, how dare you passwords? I was.
Speaker 5: Don't want to be somewhere where you feel.
Speaker 7: Like damn Joe, like I can't even like sleep you.
Speaker 6: Look that's too hard, like is too hard? But turn your phone off, silent and like what do you do?
Speaker 7: Like the phone?
Speaker 1: And sometimes when you go through somebody's phone, it's not what it seemed like.
Speaker 10: Too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want them, it's definitely not yeah, because sometimes there's guys that you know him for ever that they'll be like, okay, I love you, be like I love you too, and you don't mean it.
Speaker 7: He looked it.
Speaker 1: I love him, then I love I don't, but it don't have to meet in a romance romantic. Romantic would be like like I have guy friends.
Speaker 6: That's the older thing though.
Speaker 4: Yeah I love you even like yeah, like he'll he'll do a place, just did a birthday post and he's like, I love you, and I'm like, I love you.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I mean, if a guy saw messages between you, we don't text each other like.
Speaker 6: That, you and Donnelley, you and done, I'll be texting each other.
Speaker 1: I love you, you know what. It's funny that he does because he'll be like, love you, and I don't never say it be like.
Speaker 5: An ongoing joke because she never I love you Angela. She'd be like, okay, yeah, so it's kind of like an ongoing joke. And so that's why it's funny. But if somebody didn't know.
Speaker 4: They can see something. I've known him since I end you know, all the friends. Yeah, I can't just pop out with a guy friend.
Speaker 3: Who the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: Has he ever messed with any girls that you know? Okay, he got ruled, he got cold Oka. Have any of his friends ever tried to holler at you?
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like somebody did. No if they did, what you tell him?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I'm a snitch, so.
Speaker 7: I don't play.
Speaker 3: They know I'm gonna tell I don't care. Of course, guys, he knows he's in the industry, so of course, like people in that same industry that he knows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you talked to anyone else in the industry?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: My girls, last last not too much for me.
Speaker 3: I'll take that, Yes, okay, I mean I have but like I have rules too, Like I don't. I wouldn't just.
Speaker 1: Nobody from high Bridge.
Speaker 4: No, hell no, nobody New York. It would not be nobody, Okay, whole I wouldn't. What about like ball, I know a lot of NBA players, I don't.
Speaker 3: I've never dealt with an NBA player.
Speaker 1: Baby in MDMs though they do, but I've dene with a football player. Okay, my team? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Listen, and you had a viral moment that had to have well, how hard was that for you? Like the first time when you went viral there was a video oh when.
Speaker 3: I was younger, Yeah, yeah, that was like that was terrible.
Speaker 6: The guy who that was, he died.
Speaker 3: Actually he's not even around anymore. But yeah, I was what sixteen, he was sixteen too, and he wanted to be with me, and I was telling him we were sneaky links back in the days. We were sneaky links, and I really liked him, he really liked me. But we ended up not being together. I ended up getting one another dude, and he got tight.
Speaker 7: He was mad.
Speaker 3: He so before he posted that video of me and him, he posted a picture of me and him, like two months before we was laid up, and he was like, I got your bitch with me right now. You don't even know it.
Speaker 4: It was to my boyfriend though, Wow, but I was with my boyfriend. He was literally in the house together, so yeah, like I'm not there right.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 3: On his birthday June thirtieth, he a girl he was talking to posting him or something like that. I said something and then he posted the video and I was like, that was like the first time I ever wanted to like literally come in suicide.
Speaker 4: It was so sorry to hear that it was, because that's really hard and I always feel people are leaking any type of sex tape when you think about how that affects somebody, their family has to see that. It was bad.
Speaker 5: It was especially as a woman. I'm not saying it's not hard as a man, but it's really hard as a woman. Yeah, when it happens to us, because people just and ity be other women tearing us apart literally on social media.
Speaker 1: People act like you wanted that to happen.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 3: It was so bad I could I really couldn't believe that he did that. And then it was like my mom was just getting lit at that time, like I was young as fuck, and it was like, you know, she didn't know what to do, and it wasn't really out there that she had a daughter my age. A lot of people didn't know that till later on. So she was like she was just looking at me like what the fuck is wrong with you? Like why would you do that? And I was just like I don't know, Like I just wanted to see my thing. I just wanted to see what I looked like doing it. And it was like I was sixteen, I was being fast, I was being grown and I fucked.
Speaker 4: Up, right, But that's also like a learning lesson to you, Like I ain't letting nobody camera, no flash because I was done it before, right, Yeah, I would never allow anything that access, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Do that because I know you got a lot of teams. She didn't like listen. Somebody Feulna looked my ship.
Speaker 7: Later like, oh I look good, because right, how did you get through it?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 7: Like what did you?
Speaker 1: What helped you?
Speaker 3: Well, my mom wasn't talking. She was like really really disappointed after that. And my stepfather he helped me. My best friend at the time, she helped me. But I was really just like sucluding myself, like I didn't want to be around nobody. I don't know what the hell how I got through that?
Speaker 7: Like that was hard. That was hard.
Speaker 3: That was so bad. Like I feel so bad for girls that go through stuff like that because it's like you don't know where to put your head at, Like you feel like when you walk outside they seen nobody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody looks bad.
Speaker 3: And then especially when me and my daughter's father got together, people started reposting it. It came back out, but he had already seen it. He didn't care, so when he when they was posting it, he came immediately to my house. He's like good.
Speaker 1: I was like that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was crazy. You know.
Speaker 4: It goes back to a Jasmin said earlier though, because sometimes things happen and it feels like it's the end of the world and you can't move on from it, and then later on you look.
Speaker 1: Back and be like, while it was bad, you could be like, oh I got that, got through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was something I thought I would never get through. Like even my father's family was writing me saying bullshit, that's why it happened to you, and.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, if anything, that's the time when you're like, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel like a lot of people didn't check up on me like that. It was just like I feel like everybody was against me more than they were like checking on me. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: How was it for you when you found out that you were having a kid? Was that planned?
Speaker 3: We planned it, Daddy, We planned it. But people was mad too, Like my family was a little shady in the beginning. But I ain't give a shit, right, I don't care. I mean I was grown. I'm twenty one, right.
Speaker 1: And you can take care of her. He can take care and you guys put together.
Speaker 3: And I kept getting pregnant, so I was like, I'm not about to get pregnant again, and I keep this one. Were gonna do this one? And we was like, fuck it, let's do it, and we did it.
Speaker 1: That's decision.
Speaker 7: That was it?
Speaker 1: Is she on the show?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my bool. So how was it for you? Like what was the decision for you guys to even do the impact?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 7: How was that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: How did they approach you guys about it? What was the conversation like between you and your mom where there are reservations that you had?
Speaker 3: Well, my mom did not want to do the show. She didn't know because it's.
Speaker 1: That first time doing reality TV.
Speaker 4: I remember she was supposed to do a show that Lla was executive producing that end up happening.
Speaker 3: She did not want to do it. She was like, actually I don't want to do it. But I got a call from my two manager, Steven Amber, and it was like how you feel about being on reality TV? And I'm like it was love and hip hop, Bama want to do it? No shaite? But I was like then they told me what it was. I was like, fuck it, I'll do it, and it was like yeah, we want to get Lla two. I'm like hell yeah. And then when I told my mom, she was like, you could do it. I don't know about me. And I'm like, it kind of go together, like you know, you from New York and you could tell a story too. But I don't want it to look like we always together because that's not really us. Like we we I have my life, you have your life. So Kim had to tell her and keep telling her and try to get her to record, because oh my god, it was like to get a record, it is like breaking next. So but we did it and it was cool.
Speaker 1: And how was it for you guys?
Speaker 4: When you guys started being able to go out together, people had things to say about, Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun. I like going out with my mother. I don't trust nobody, like I'm funny, like and y'all going to see it on the show, Like I'm really like I could be standorfish, but I'm really not, Like I'm really a sweetheart. But to be around my family and to be around my close friends, that's like my sanctuary. That's like home to me. Yeah, and I feel safe. So it was lit going outside my mother, be in a bag with my mother. No, it was lit.
Speaker 1: Now when it comes to them music West the Plans.
Speaker 3: My main goal is to be a headliner. I always wanted to be a headliner. I want to headline shit. I want to be on Rolling Loud, like I want to be that girl, like I want to really like take this to the next level. And I know a lot of people say that, but it's like I'm really like blocked in. Everything with me is like music, Like I'm all the way locked in.
Speaker 4: Do you hesitate to ask your expert help and assistance and anything, or do you feel like I don't want Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask if I need something, I need help, like what's going on? Like I don't mind asking nobody for help, like I write my own shait yet. But I mean I feel like as a woman and as a rapper, I feel like we always need help. Like you know, dudes, they not gonna say that they was getting help, but they get help, so it's like there's nothing wrong with it. Like I haven't used the writer for real, but I would. I don't give a shit, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't care see the big deal in that either, because first of all, it helps you put other people onto like when the guys be in the room together, you got a crew. Sometimes people throw out lines or they might have something dope or say it like this that is getting help.
Speaker 3: Actually, what's that movie? Shape out of Content?
Speaker 7: And easy? Yeah easy?
Speaker 3: Ice Cube wrote all those songs. Yeah, so what the fuck is the problem?
Speaker 7: Like, I don't see no problem.
Speaker 5: In its it's becoming it is.
Speaker 3: I feel like right now, it's hard to use a writer because they talk about men. Writers talk about the same ship. In my opinion, that's why I like to write my own ship. They talk about sex, they talk about what people what they think people want to hear. Right, So it's kind of hard to really find a good ass writer.
Speaker 1: But you've been trying to a little bit.
Speaker 4: I want and La sings right, okay, So are y'all gonna do anything like that?
Speaker 3: But hers don't don't come to the studio. She is hard to get her to the studio. She's good, I can I tell her that all the time. She's good. But to get her to go to the studio is like pulling hairs, Like I'm like, damn, girl, like just do it, do the ship like I do it for you, like so, but hopefully she'll come.
Speaker 4: I feel like that would have been a great storyline on the show to see the studio together.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, maybe next season.
Speaker 1: Look at him. She's like, she's like, I'm in my business.
Speaker 4: And there's also a lot of women on the show, like we said, dreamed I was on there, Chinese Kitty Cleo Trapper.
Speaker 1: Who else is on it?
Speaker 6: Millennie, Oh yeah, MILLENNI right, Scott Louis.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to artists, artists, you know these would be people too.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 1: How is it you think working with other women?
Speaker 7: Is it easy for them?
Speaker 1: Do they are they like receptive to I don't.
Speaker 3: Think girls are really that welcoming, not seeing the girls on the show, because I think they are welcoming. But I'm saying girls in the rap music, I don't really think that they're that welcoming. I've only made songs with dudes, so like a girl wouldn't hit me up, Like, hey girl, I would hit a girl up. But I feel like sometimes girls be feeling like they better or they're bigger, and it's like I don't feel that way, like I'm gonna do what I gotta do.
Speaker 4: Also, sometimes it's just a matter of because people might not even know until and when the show comes out they don't know that you do music. Some people may not even have you know, there's so much going on sometimes things like they're like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and so I think this might help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited, but what the help? I can't read music like the market is good, knock knock is good, and I don't even my music is actually sing like in the music that I really do want to put out, this is just ship that I know kids would like, like, this is ship that I know will get me a fan base. This is really not the music that I want to do. This is just easy sh strategy. Yeah, it's just whatever.
Speaker 4: So do you now, let me ask you this when it comes to dating, right, so we've seen your mom likes your your child's father because she's like staying with him.
Speaker 1: Do you like the guys that she dates? Like?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I know you don't.
Speaker 1: Have you liked any of them? Have been like he's a good one.
Speaker 3: For you years ago? Okay years years years or years years ago? I don't like them? No, I don't. I'm I'm I'm a tough cookie, like.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to man.
Speaker 3: You want her to have a family, man, a man that's like you know, somebody and.
Speaker 7: Hairs.
Speaker 3: I just want her to look. I know when my mom is happy, and I just feel like she deserves everything. So I feel like sometimes seeing her cater to someone and they not catering to her the way that I feel like she should be getting catered to, that bothers me. So I want her to have somebody that's going through the whole nine, Like I need my mother, not even to lift a finger. I need you to take care of my mother.
Speaker 7: That's what I want us.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I feel like all those good things we put it in the atmosphere. You know, you single, you're back on the market, like she's gonna get back together with her ex.
Speaker 1: But you know that's neither here nor.
Speaker 4: Your child's I honestly, the fact that you get butterflies and the faces that you make even when you talk about here, and the accountability that you've taken for things that have gone wrong, and the fact that your daughter wants you all to be together.
Speaker 6: He's facetiming you pick up, pickup, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: She always do that, sister ship started.
Speaker 4: She's such a preducer, right right, all right, Well, Ashley Marie, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: For joining us.
Speaker 4: This is our first time having to sit down. The show starts on January twenty second, correct, yes, all right, January twenty second.
Speaker 5: You feel good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, it's lit.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, lay back, all right, Well that is it. It's lip service and Chimosario for guest hosting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some guest hosting here. So it's birthday. I just came for the cake, just a birthday episode.
Speaker 1: Why don't you jump on the episode with us? Just because I want to make sure that people also see.
Speaker 4: Who's behind the scenes, just because Kim's been doing her ship for a really long time and sometimes it's a job that people don't understand how hard it is.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's let me just say, it's hard to get a show on that green Lit. Everybody has a show right now. Yeah, everybody comes up to me like I got to show. I got to show, I gotta show.
Speaker 6: You gotta come. I'm a TV power. It's hard to get green Lit.
Speaker 3: You got a good show.
Speaker 6: I think we have a great shot.
Speaker 7: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: She's excited about it. I will tell you all that. Yeah, she's excited about it.
Speaker 4: And we worked on my chewo scam story together she executed about Jennifer Williams. Yeah, that was a two episode series on BAH one about Jennifer Gay Scammed.
Speaker 1: He did really well too, it did, and congratulations to y'all. They didn't promote it much, but you know, it still did well. It's not nhr FI, it's the truth. They didn't, but you know what, we promoted it now.
Speaker 6: I executive produced that, yeah, yeah, I executive produced it with.
Speaker 7: Angela and I. Yeah. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: You should watch it when you get some times.
Speaker 3: Watch it.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, it's lip service, and thank you for being so open to talk about everything, even the difficult things.
Speaker 1: All right, it's all right, yes,