Speaker 1: Radio City, any other mainstreams media outlet.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 2: You then will come here when this thing DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 4: Next to all of you guys. It's really it's.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite shows to do, just because y'all always keeping one hunding, y'all keep your real So what better place than than here?
Speaker 5: I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start out.
Speaker 6: Y'all want to shake it up.
Speaker 2: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Charlomagne the God peaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 6: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: How y'all feel out there this Wednesday?
Speaker 6: It's hump day, is middle of the wink.
Speaker 2: That's right. I feel bloods black and Holly favored. Man, happy to be here. I was riding in the work listening to a great podcast, one of my favorite podcasts, the Pivot Podcast with Ryan Clark and Fred Taylor and Channing Crowder, and they had Daz Brian on man such a powerful inspiring conversation. Man, I love to hear black men just being vulnerable. Was he discussing oh everything, I mean his upbringing and you know, his issues, not issues, but how he came up under his mother because you know his mother had him when she was thirteen. Yeah. Yeah, so you know, he was just explaining that dynamic and that relationship, how he breaks you know, generational curses in his own family. Like it's it's just good. It's good to hear Dez Brian in such a great space.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I love a great conversation. That's a great conversation. So go check that out after you listen to the Breakfast Club of course this morning.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, well we got some special guests joining us this morning, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes we do. Speaking of some great storytellers.
Speaker 7: We have areny Ellis, Aulis Elis and AVD. They'll be joining us Origin New Flip premiers January nineteenth in Selected, so we can be talking about.
Speaker 2: I've had the privilege of already seeing Origin. Let me tell you what Origin is based on. If you've ever read the book Cast, great book by Isabel Wilkinson read it a few years ago. It's based off this book. When I when I when I heard that they were doing a movie based off this book. I was like, how are they going to make a movie based off Cast? Like if it's not a documentary because the book is just full of facts and research. But she did it through the lens of Isabelle Wilkinson getting the idea to write the book Cast and the process of her writing the book. And that's who Agnew plays. She plays Isabelle Wilkinson in the movie. Correct. Yes, so we'll be talking to them this morning.
Speaker 7: Correct, And like you said, it's it's based off I guess, different things that happened in the past, what six seven years?
Speaker 6: No, what she researched? No, what was it?
Speaker 2: The book is what cast?
Speaker 6: What is the research on?
Speaker 2: It is based off the system that we live in and how how how the system of race was developed in the country in America.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, all right, so we'll we'll discuss with them. And I said six years. I'm bugging because they go way back to slavery days, they go to the Holocaust.
Speaker 2: I mean, it waspired, it was sparked. A lot of the idea was sparked by death for Trayvon Martin.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean. Because well, all right, well we'll kick it with them in a little bit. But let's get to some front page news. When we come back, Teslain, figure out will be joining us.
Speaker 2: They don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast club. Come morning morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Morning tis good morning, Happy Wednesday. DJV Charlemagne the God said, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 6: Let's talk Nicki Haley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Once again, it wouldn't be campaign season if nobody was bringing up slavery and racism. So Nicki Haley was asked on Fox News if she belonged to a racist party, but she answered about racism in America.
Speaker 4: Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Are you a racist party?
Speaker 9: We're not a racist country, Brian. We've never been a racist country. Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday. Are we perfect?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I know I face.
Speaker 9: Racism when I was growing up, but I can tell you today is a lot better.
Speaker 2: Than it was then.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 8: Her campaign affirmed her statement and said that America has always had racism, but America has never been a racist country.
Speaker 4: A little bit contradictions.
Speaker 8: If you've always had racism how can it not be a racist country?
Speaker 2: You know what's so interesting about that? Uh, that that that whole exchange. We've heard that before, you know, Senator to Tim Scott, you know, said that a few years ago. And guess who agreed with him, Vice President Kamala Harris. Guess who also agreed with him, My OLG Jim Clyde Burn, And I remember Vice President Kamala Harris saying that, you know, America's not a racist country, but we need to talk openly about the racism in America. So it's kind of the same rhetoric.
Speaker 6: It's a racist country.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's dub but I'm just saying how it's just the same rhetoric I just doing. You know, it's just it's just strange to me how we don't hold you know, everybody to the same level of account of accountability, because the problem is, no politician knows how to talk about race honestly in this country, none of none of them, regardless of what side there on. That's right.
Speaker 8: And my confusion is every year, like, come on, candidates, let's get it together. That should be the first thing in training, shout out to my training and push the line training and we trained about five hundred people every year to run for office. Maybe they just need to start knowing how to answer this question right out the gate. Ron de Santis also was asked about her comments on CNN, and this is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Do you agree that the US has never been a racist country?
Speaker 11: Well, the US is not a racist country, and we've overcome things in our history. You know, I think the founding fathers they established a set of principles that are universal now. They may not have been universally applied at the time, but I think they understood what they were doing.
Speaker 7: I don't understand why people are mad, are scared to say it's a racist country. Of course, it's not back where when my dad was in school where he had to use different bathrooms in different water fountains.
Speaker 6: But it's still a racist country.
Speaker 2: Like listen, nobody talks about race honestly when the elected officials don't talk about race honestly because a lot of Republicans are racists and Democrats are just afraid to talk about race. Democrats. Democrats advocate for, you know, anti racist policies, but then don't turn around and say things like America is not a racist country because they're afraid to turn off these hypothetical, imaginary swing voters.
Speaker 8: And just to be clear, is we know there's some racism going on in the Democrat Party as well, but it's about the overtly racist racism that you see on the other side of To make sure you put that point out there now.
Speaker 2: It bothers me, like when I when I hear somebody like Nikki Haley say that, I expect that from Republicans, like it bothers me more when I hear Democrats say things like that, because you can't lay out all these examples of systemic racism and then turn around and say America isn't a racist country because you just dismissed your own position.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 8: Sure, but again, like you said, they're trying to make sure they piss up, they don't upset right that are not voting for you, and keep telling you over, oh they're not voting for you. Doctor Ben Carson also he chimed in this week in Iowa letting everybody know that, hey, we shouldn't be ashamed about America's history.
Speaker 4: So take a listen to that.
Speaker 13: If there's anything unique about the United States and slavery that we had so many people who were vehemently opposed to it that we fought a bloody civil war to get rid of the evil institution. And that's what we should teach our children. Our history is nothing to be ashamed of. There's good, there's bad, and there's ugly, as there is in every society inhabited by human beings, which is why we need a savior.
Speaker 2: If you are a Republican, our Democrat, if everybody in the Republican Party was unified and they all collectively said America is a racist country and it's our job to fix it, or if everybody in the Democratic Party was unified and they all collectively said America is a racist country and it's our job to fix it, it wouldn't be an issue, and it would be an honest conversation. But folks are scared to do that because they know nobody in the party will have their back. If a Republican says that they know nobody in the party won't have their back, if a Democrat says that they know nobody in the party don't have their back.
Speaker 8: I wanted to just say again on Ronda Sanders, did you hear them say it's universal of the founding fathers meant for it to be universal, but it wasn't universal.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you, I'd be tuning in Rond de Santas out that's who you was playing it before being Yes, I heard Ben, I didn't even I didn't even hear it run at all. I can remember Ben saying we need to save you. I didn't hear Ron at all. All right, that is front page news. Now what are we talking about? Next hour?
Speaker 4: Test, next hour, we're gonna talk about AI Charlamagne.
Speaker 8: You mentioned many many times how AI will be spreading misinformation during the campaign, and they said they're gonna do something about it. And then just a quick update on the IRRIS and getting your taxes ready.
Speaker 7: All right, Well we'll see in a little bit. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open, whatever's on your mind, it doesn't matter what it is, call us up right now. Eight undred five eight five one oh five one is the breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Ain't ray ray yo, charlom man yady?
Speaker 12: What up are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool, out door pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 14: Get on the phone right now here.
Speaker 2: Tell me what it is.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this DJ? Every what's going on?
Speaker 12: It's this front page?
Speaker 6: Oh, front page?
Speaker 2: Oh what up?
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Hey, man, real quick?
Speaker 12: What up? Charlot Man?
Speaker 2: Pee's king pace King?
Speaker 1: Hey, real quick. I'm a truck out here in these streets, man, So so this one right here is for the professional drivers. Hey, look, man, in the name of Diddy, we gotta stop the daddiness out here because his what's happening. You're a professional driver, and I got a lot of pedals in my truck. That means I go faster than the average. If a lot of these guys are locked off at sixty five or sixty three miles an hour, eat that. Take it up with your company. But don't throw your body in the lane of a flying down the line here. That was sound critical, Solomon. I know you always to plain it the truck is, don't drive it like it's a Lexis. But at the end of the day, it's the best interest we keep it moving.
Speaker 2: And no, I do not like y'all driving trucks like their cars and and and by the way, if y'all was actually paying attention to other people on the road, which I don't think y'all are. I think y'all hit those left turns and those right turns, and y'all expect us to see y'all and get out, y'all wall y'all ain't looking out for nobody else. I refuse to believe that. Not the way y'all drive impossible.
Speaker 1: We can clearly see everything. Three sixteen all over, We got this.
Speaker 6: I will say this just to keep it moving.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of guys get I want to dictate like traffic cop and get in the lane.
Speaker 2: I'm never doing that. I'm never I'm never doing that with a truck. But I just wish that y'all didn't treat trucks like they were just regular old priests.
Speaker 6: But people do too, though.
Speaker 7: People treat trucks like they don't exist in the truck and just hit the break dumb fast or something. Because I see people cutting trucks off and and and then trying to break check trucks and types of wild stuff, and I'm like, all right, all right, you think you're gonna win that battle.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not gonna win eighty thousand pounds up yallah with doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who's doing that. Whoever doing that is stupid, all right, but please stop driving your guy.
Speaker 1: Dad and Faith.
Speaker 12: It's just for you.
Speaker 2: There you go, There you go. Please don't listen to him. Stop driving your trucks like it's a regular car.
Speaker 7: Please get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. You want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Hello? Is this this shot?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: So I've been the bust a rounder the DM for like a minute now, about a year, right, and I've been sending them some pizza that I've been making. I was just up to like five am yesterday sending them track after track after track. He replied, once ten a heart anohing came about it. Just send him some more tracks. He had to open it. I'm hoping maybe he here's this, you know, he opens it and what you're talking about?
Speaker 15: So you mad?
Speaker 7: You've been DM and busting rhymes beats and he hasn't opened up your DM, nor has he responded.
Speaker 12: No, he did the strong once because I did it about a year ago.
Speaker 2: What was his response?
Speaker 12: So he loved He was like, yo, I see what you're doing. I love it, but I missed understand the post. He went to work with artists, but it was more of a promotional type thing.
Speaker 1: And I thought he just wanted to like, well, maybe anybody I didn't have the money.
Speaker 6: But maybe listening to your beats and he didn't hear none that he liked so far.
Speaker 12: Maybe not, but hey, I'm still at it and I'm still sending them something I just wanted to hear it. Maybe maybe it was just the wrong time, Like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think I think the last thing you said is true. Maybe it's just the wrong time, But you know what, you got to have a dj kalled level of annoyance. So yeah, if you feel like he's paying attention, keep sending them beats. But guess what if you send artist beats and they don't reply to you on social media, they don't have to like they don't have to.
Speaker 12: They might not like it. Sure I'm not mad about it, but.
Speaker 7: Maybe, but also you know it's you know, Buster might not be in his dms, but he has a bunch of people around it.
Speaker 6: Send it to splips, send it to his manager, send it to his A and R.
Speaker 7: Send it to everybody around us, send it to his DJ, send it to everybody in Buster. Because all you need is one person to hear it and say, Yo, that beat his dope. Let me let me give it the Buster.
Speaker 6: See if you like it.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you another question, why why Buster? Why why Buster? Why not reach out to some of these artists that's you know, young and on the come up, who might be paying attention, you know, the fresh beats and want some new beats like you know Busters.
Speaker 12: Buster runs. I'm sorry, but he is one of my favorite artists and always will be.
Speaker 2: I want that, so Busters on your bucket list. You're not trying, You're not really trying to get on. You just want Buster to hear your music.
Speaker 12: I mean, oh no, the goal, of course is to get on. I'm not This is nothing like I want an opportunity out of this.
Speaker 1: But now, if anything, if you just gave me an opportunity or just gave me some feedback or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't the world or do you hear Buster on your He's how old are you?
Speaker 2: Brother? Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say keep doing it, And like Charlamaine said, I would. I love Buster, but I would give it to a bunch of different artists because you know what I mean, you never know what artists are.
Speaker 6: Like your beats or reply.
Speaker 7: Or it will use your beats and then maybe that'll get to you to your bucket list where you want to work with Buster one day.
Speaker 2: You're right, was a brother? Or I appreciate you? Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this yo?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 6: It's Rico, Rico whatever, get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 16: Fellas? I just want your opinion on top me. Personally, I do think that America is a racist country. It started that way from the beginning. So I don't know how they're saying that, but just to play devil's.
Speaker 2: A white, white devil's advocate.
Speaker 16: Yeah, white devil's advocate. Let's go that route. You know how if you go to a bar and they sell food, they still consider at a bar, but it's not a restaurant.
Speaker 12: What do you think?
Speaker 16: What if that's the way they trying to air quotes portray to that.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't really understand the analogy. If I'm being honest with you.
Speaker 16: Sir, Like, like, all right, let's say you go to a bar again. Next thing, you know, it's like a corner bar or whatever. But they got like chicken wings the center set up.
Speaker 2: The bar.
Speaker 16: There's no racism in here, but there is racism in the country.
Speaker 7: Saying there's no food in the ball. There is food in the ball. You don't, you don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, right, my brother, My brother. Here's the reason America is a racist country. America is a racist country is because it's rooted in systemic racism. Like like you got people every day waking up fighting for racial equity, you know what I mean, Like and and in every in every way possible. It's just it's systemic racism and structural racism in the very foundation of America. It's not just that it's not just you know, a person here or there who is prejudiced against black people. It is systemic and structural racism and the very foundation of America.
Speaker 16: Oh no, I absolutely believe that because that's how it all started. Like we didn't voluntarily come over here.
Speaker 2: I mean it's still going. It's in every industry. It's in the healthcare industry, it's in you know, the judicial system, like it's it's literally in every industry.
Speaker 16: Right, So that's what I'm so.
Speaker 2: It is the United States a racist country, is yes, And we've been having some long overdue awakenings on systemic racism. And you know, we're gonna keep fighting until we break these these structures down.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up now. When we come back. We got to discuss did he you know, did he was suing his uh liquor company, Diagio, And it seems like they reached the settlement.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. I love some good drive by hate in the morning. Two thought got Brandon brand is one of our producers. Brand is a producer, right, yes, and you got on some comman Brandish.
Speaker 6: Hate him.
Speaker 2: I walked by fast and hit him too. I just hit him. And what you say, like Brandon got the what kind of James and old Brandon. What kind of he's leve eleven? Eleven? Is the white and black patent leather eleven? Jay's right then the concourse, I walk by and I go, you know them Jay's clean, but they fake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Faith, don't trying to show up for you guys that don't know. You know, we used to work on Canal Street, by Canal Street, and I guess that's where you got them from, because they sell a lot of the face.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: I can see the ass cracking his Jordan man. That's how I know Jordan's and Jordan's got an ass cracking it. That's how I know they're not real. But they clean though they look fresh, You stupid.
Speaker 6: Let's get to the rooms as talk Diddy, from my from from my.
Speaker 2: Names or you've gossip been when you chatting God? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right right now?
Speaker 7: Did he and Dazio settled seven months after? Did he accuse the Azio of racism and under investigation under investing in his liquor brands? Now Dazio is the parent company kind of like if you look at it like a record label, like an artist signed to a record label. So they usually handle distribution, they handle promotion, they usually handle marketing, and did he was upset and saying some of the other brands that they have they do more for UH and they don't do the same for mine. So they reached an agreement and yesterday Diazio said, mister Colembs has withdrawn all his allegations about Diazio and will voluntary dismiss his lawsuits against the Azio with prejudice. Dago and mister Combs have no ongoing business relationship either with respect to Sarak Vodka or De Leon Tequila, which Dazio now solely owns.
Speaker 2: So did he have nothing to do with Sharak and Daily On anymore? Not anymore. So basically they either bought him out or or settled the lawsuit based correct I wonder if did he wasn't dealing with everything he's dealing with right now where they have aid in business with him.
Speaker 6: I wonder no, because he was trying to get out beforehand, Remember he.
Speaker 2: Was he trying to get out of Was he just trying to you know, he get them the on of they contract because if you don't remember, remember Hole did the same thing with Bacardi. But they're still in business together, and Hove won his loss, you know what I mean. So I just I mean, I just wondered what.
Speaker 7: This was before all that though, Remember before all that, they wanted out, they were trying to find a way out of it.
Speaker 2: You know, No, I don't think they were trying to find a way out. He was just suing them, yeah, I mean, he was just sawing them. And then remember the their their response was, you know, even though you know he's he's trying to turn a simple business dispute into a claim of racism.
Speaker 6: But Hove was different, right, because Hove never claimed that racism.
Speaker 7: He just claimed that they were undervaluing his company and they had to revalue the company, which is different than saying somebody's being racist, especially in today's workplace, in today's business.
Speaker 2: Two different approaches. I think they were both were trying to get to the same go though. Yeah, you know, but I just wanted I just wondered if did he wasn't going through everything he's going through. Could they have settled that and then still stayed in business together. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Good question now, if you were looking forward to that Drake and j Cole tour, well, it looks like you're gonna have to wait a little longer. It's all a blurred tour is being postponed over your Elie in the back. You know, he's a huge Drake Faery so upset here this morning when he walked in. It was supposed to start January eighteenth in Denver, but now they're saying the tour will now start on February second in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Speaker 2: February second, yep. Black History month, yep, yep. They should both start in like the middle of Black Head. Shut up, you're just half half way through half of black half a Black History month. They just start, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: And lastly, Charlamagne came in this morning talking about Dez Bryant. He recently appeared on an episode of The Pivot Pot Power and they were having a conversation about breaking generational curses, and this is some of the things that he was saying.
Speaker 17: Let me read something it's been on my phone by since I met y'all probably like.
Speaker 15: To say, uh, break break generational curses. Quit yelling at your kids before they go to bed. And inspect and sleep well. Quit youlling your kids in the morning, right after they wake up for school, inspecting to have a good day. You set the tone for your children.
Speaker 2: Set the tone.
Speaker 15: Did you set the tone for your voice? They will always remembering their heads. Do you become in the voice, don't be there in the critic. Speak life, speak love, speak bravery, kindness and hope, Speak wisdom, the truth. Most of all, listen to your children. I never had none of that. I get that to mine and that's my number one proty. That's how I follow that. That's howt breaking and now do it. I live it.
Speaker 2: I live it. Man, drop the clues bonds for Dez Brian flute to everybody at the pivot.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know Ryan Clark, Fred Taylor chanting crowded that that conversation. I don't know if you ever listen to the whole thing yet, but it's so powerful.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: I always say, man, you got to remember, if you didn't come from a healthy family, make sure a healthy family comes from you. And I think that as a parent, you know, we all struggle with that. We had the conversation yesterday about you know, how do you discipline your kids when you know, they run up ten thousand dollars on your credit card or whatever it is. Like, I don't. I don't spank my children in any way, shape or form. So you know, you do end up raising your voice or are yelling sometimes, and you do never feel good about that because you remember all of those times you got yelled at, you know, when when you was young. I don't call my kids names and all kind of stuff like that, you know, but I definitely my parents. My dad definitely called me. I don't even remember that. Well, I do remember what this tell us.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 2: I think when you just call your kids stupid stupid, you know what I'm saying. You call your kids stupid, Like yeah, stuff like that can stick with them, you know what I mean, especially especially when they're young. Like I think they can internalize that and you know believe that. So like everything he said is true, Like you know, you want to be you don't want to be your You don't want your child, your voice to be the voice in your child's head. That's their inner critic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I mean, I do think that you have to discipline your children, but you in my family, we explain why, just so they don't think that we're just yelling for no reason or getting upset for no reason. But every night before my kids go to sleep, you know, me and my wife, we kiss them, We love them, We tell them how much we appreciate them, and we have like most of the times, we do pray and in the morning, you know, I know you do it.
Speaker 6: You speak to your daughters every morning.
Speaker 7: I speak to my kids every morning before they go to school, just to say, just to give them that positive conversation before they leaving the day, that to always let them know that that mommy and daddy loved them and we got their back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we forget that we're like the first generation that has the luxury of actually healing, and I think sometimes we forget. You know, a lot of the things our parents were going through and they projected a lot of their issues on to us. So the pain and the hurt they might have been dealing with, they projected on us. So you just got to make sure you're not doing that. You got to make sure that you know, whatever you're going through and your personal life, you're not projecting onto absolutely your children, which is very difficult.
Speaker 6: At times.
Speaker 7: People are stressed out, there's so much going on in this world, but you just got to remember that that what you're going through, you don't want to push that to your kids. And if your parents are still alive, I would say, have those conversations to understand why. I mean, six o'clock this morning, my dad texted me to make sure I made it to work all right, because the roads were icy and nasty. And he does that each and every morning, to just make sure, and that gives me that that positive feeling each and every morning.
Speaker 2: So I think we all got to remember the fourth Agreement for Don Miguel Ruiz, which is always do your best and remember what Dad Brian said just now, like, go find that clip, write those words down, and you know, constantly repeat them to yourself if you're a parent, and most importantly, like I always tell y'all, go do the work on yourself. Okay, Go go sit down with a therapist, Go sit down with a psychiatrist. You know, go do the work on yourself so you can deal with whatever pain and trauma you got going on, so you don't project that onto your children.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back, we got front page news teslaing figure will be joining us, so don't move.
Speaker 6: It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 7: Morning, everybody, as t Charlomagne to God, we are to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news. What up said?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 5: DJ? And you?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 6: Let's jump right into it. Let's talk about chat GPT.
Speaker 4: So we've been talking about this.
Speaker 8: We've been talking about AI and how misinformation will be on the rise this year and particularly with elections in the twenty twenty four election season. Now they have decided to roll out a plan to prevent its tools from being able to spread misinformation as voters prepared to cast their ballots. It said it will ban people from using the technology to create chatbots that impersonate real client, real candidates are governments, to misrepresent how voting works, or to discourage people from voting. It said that they will use more research to get this done. They understand that it will be very persuasive and powerful, and it will not allow users to build applications for the purposes of political campaigning or lobbying.
Speaker 4: Starting early this year, open AI said it.
Speaker 8: Will digitally watermark AI images that will be created so that you'll be able to tell if it is an AI image. This will permanently mark the content with information about its origin, making it easier to identify whether image that appears elsewhere on the web was created by an AI tool.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it. I got to see it to believe it. I really do, because my thing don't believe what they'll do it. I don't believe that they can watermark the stuff because why don't Why don't they do that now? With fake content?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I don't think they can. I don't think they can't either.
Speaker 2: There's so much fake content out there now, like literally, it's so much fake content. How come they can't water market now?
Speaker 6: And they have all these different things that they try, like they try.
Speaker 7: They have these machines that you could put into your I guess a chat GPT type of forum where you can see if something is real or not or you know, there's things that you can tell if it's made up or not. But you know, they'll find ways around it, like they find ways around everything.
Speaker 2: Not to mention, humans don't care. Humans will still take some of those same watermarked AI stuff and presented as facts. Right, I've already told you all the twenty twenty four you know, in twenty two for the presidential election here, the presidential election in South Africa this year is gonna be so full of misinformation. And I know for a fact, well I can't say I know for a fact, but I personally believe none of that stuff is gonna work because nobody cares about the truth and the live more entertaining, and folks are not searching for truth, They're searching for content. They don't care about what that content is. It does as long as it gets them engagement. So I can take those same watermarked ais and still present them. Who gonna really be paying attention to the watermarks? Nobody?
Speaker 6: But you know, it's the sad thing about it is, even when.
Speaker 7: People look things up, sometimes what they're looking up seems to be real and it's fake, so they think that they're actually doing the research, but they're researching things that don't exist or not sure, you know, which is difficult and it's hard to really get it. It's almost gonna have to get back to the old days of encyclopedia. And I know somebody are like, what the hell's in encyclopedia? But it's had to be something where you honestly know it's real, because sometimes you google things and it's not real.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that was the point I was gonna bring up.
Speaker 8: Even if they water market with a big stamp across as saying this is fake, they still just are still gonna believe it because again, remember we talked about this yesterday. People want something to believe in, even if that's a lie. In addition that we know people don't read the entire article, they read the headline. We know people don't read the caption, They just look at the picture. So even with a big watermark, I would like to see the watermark by the way to at least try to do something. But ultimately, will it make a difference if people want to believe a lot?
Speaker 2: And what happens when somebody takes takes a video, right, Like, somebody takes a video that we know is the truth, Like it's literally a factual thing that we all know. But they take that watermark and put this is fake on it. That's gonna make people be like you could take that watermark and put it on anything that is people gonna stop believing the watermark. They're gonna look at the watermark and say that's fake. That's fake. I'm telling you that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'll be able to duplicate the watermark.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I promise you.
Speaker 6: Man, so Ald bad. At the end of the day, it's still a gardener on my Wikipedia or you are.
Speaker 2: It's really over you. You can't put the two face back into YouTube. It's really over. I'm telling you. I don't feel like none of this is gonna work. But hey man, I'm not mad at them for trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least they's trying well.
Speaker 8: I wanted to give a quick update on the IRIS. Folks who getting a return, start getting ready to get your taxes a return. Those who got to pay taxes always wait to the last minute, but those who want to get going. They will be accepting your IRS submissions January twenty ninth, and I'm not going to start processing that right away, but they will be accepting it. They said that the annual incomes of people seventy nine thousand are less will be able to file for free, so they'll start getting that information out. And the agency said it expects one hundred and twenty eight million individual tax returns this year to be filed by the April fifteenth tax deadline. Okay, and then one other random health study. I haven't had a chance to do this in a while, but I love this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm a nerd.
Speaker 8: Did you know that men are more forgetful than women? It is a scientific fact. So I'm sure you guys always ask your wife to remember different things? And wanted to throw us out here that numerous studies dedicated to comparing the memory abilities of men and women consistently prove that men are more forgetful than women. A study publishing the Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology hypothesize this is due to the varying brain structures of men and women. The hippo campus is a part of the brain associated with the memory, and it decreases faster in men than women.
Speaker 2: Are we really forgetful or we just pretend to forget?
Speaker 6: Huh exactly?
Speaker 2: How would you say? If you're howya can't have?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 6: You can hear?
Speaker 2: All? Right?
Speaker 6: Well, that is your front page news.
Speaker 2: Take a test, absolutely and make sure you subscribed to Teslan Figureo's podcast as Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network and follow at Teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back on Janu, Ellis and Abaduvin, they will be joining us the movie Origin for mens January nineteenth.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk to them all about it.
Speaker 2: So I don't think people realize how good this movie Origins is. If you've ever read the New York Times bestselling book Cast by Isabel Wilkinson, Origin is based on the book Cast. Well, not based on the book, but based on the book. We'll discuss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And we just have to say this. We have to support our own like we have to support when when we do these type of movies, we have to go. We have to support.
Speaker 6: What if we can't, we gotta buy a ticket.
Speaker 7: You know, you're talking about Color Purple that came out about a month ago. You talking about Book of Clarence that came out what a week ago?
Speaker 2: Is Everything you're saying sounds good, But these people ain't gonna listen. These Negroes is not gonna listen. Okay. Color Purple made fifty five million dollars with one hundred and forty million dollar budget. Uh Clarence had a forty million dollar budget made three million dollars this weekend. The Negros ain't listening.
Speaker 7: We just talked how Beyonce, we we see we support a Bionce.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, Beyonce ain't got no movie. Ro Renaissance. The Renaissance actually did better than both those movies. Damn all right, Well we'll talk to them when we come back, and don't move.
Speaker 6: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 7: We are the Breakfast Club. You got some special guests joining us this morning. Yes, indeed, you have Ava Dune and Andre day Ellis Taylor Welcome, I love and and Teller welcome.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How do y'll feel today? How y'all feeling.
Speaker 4: Glad to be here with y'all?
Speaker 5: Black and blessed?
Speaker 2: That's right, That's that's right, that's black and highly favored. We're talking about a new movie, Origin, which is in theatres January nineteenth. It's based on the book Cast by Isabel Wilkinson. And I loved the book. I loved the movie. But when I heard you was doing a movie, Abe, I had no idea how you was going to turn it into a film. So what gave you the idea that you used to make it?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 2: I call it a scripted narrative.
Speaker 5: Trauma?
Speaker 6: Well, bring out how you heard about Cast? What made you read the book Cast? First?
Speaker 2: I thought that was.
Speaker 5: Oprah was really in my ear about this book. But it was during the pandemic, and I was sad, you know what I mean. And then it came out about two months after the murder of George Floyd and I just really wasn't trying to read a big old book. But she kept on me and kept on me, and finally, maybe a few months later, I've read it and I didn't quite understand it. Its thick, it's it's a big one. But there were some things in it that I that were interesting. I just didn't agree with everything. So I read it again to try to really understand it. And by the time I got to that about the third time, I said, I want to make a movie about the reason why you're saying you didn't know how I was going to turn it into a film, it's because it's not a.
Speaker 2: Story, no, it's facts, it's research. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And so the idea was, will let me make a movie about Isabel Wilkerson? The author as she's researching those facts, and so that's what the great Andrea Ellis Taylor plays is Isabel.
Speaker 2: Well, when you watch the film, you can clearly see why it's called Origins. But how did you know the name needed to be changed?
Speaker 5: I don't think people want to go see a movie called cast. I don't even think enough people know what Cast is. I didn't, and so I'm just really trying to bring people into some you know, information, some emotion about things that we should be thinking about in this country because it's so much easier not to talk about it, and we need to be talking about it. Our freedoms are slipping away. There's information that in history that is being kept from us. There are secret arcs of what's going on in our society, whole arcs beginning, middle and ends that we are not aware of. And so a lot of that is in her book and we tried to bring it into the film.
Speaker 2: How much how did you spend with miss Walken, As.
Speaker 18: You know, I didn't spend any time with miss Wilkerson. By the time that I became a part of the project, Ava and miss Wilkerson had kind of developed a working practice where she's just sort of said, Eva, you do your thing. And when I became a part of the project, I honored that. I respected that.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you embody her so well? Because you're like one of the most passionate, thoughtful actresses on screen, but it really comes through in this film, So how are you able to do that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 18: The great thing about her writing, and I recommend anybody to actually read the book Cast, is that she she's and you know this. You know, her writing is so transparent, and there's blood in her words. You know, every every pillar of Cast that she argues through, every every part of.
Speaker 4: The book she's in the book.
Speaker 18: She builds her arguments from her own personal experience.
Speaker 4: So I looked at the book Cast.
Speaker 18: When I was reading it when I got the part as a memoir of miss Wilkerson. So I just use that as my source material. And then I had a great script that was asked.
Speaker 6: How were you able to get out of character? Was it easy?
Speaker 7: Because watching the film, I think anybody who watches it will get so much emotion, right, it starts from the beginning. You get emotion because it brings you back to that time, to even a conversation when you're having with the plumber, and it puts you in a situation where you're upset and you're mad and you're angry. So how did you get out of character? And how long did it take you to get out of character when this film was finally over.
Speaker 4: I'm still in character. Really, I'm still in character.
Speaker 18: I was talking to someone yesterday and they were asking me about why I wanted to do it, and I said, well, I feel like I have something in common with miss Wilkerson. I don't have her brain, but I do feel like I share her heart. I don't have Ava's brain or her artistic abilities, but I do feel I share her heart. And I feel like it's my mission, and that's why I wanted to be wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: So I'm in this character every day.
Speaker 18: The difference is is how Miss Wilkerson presents herself as far different from the way that I'm far more passionate. You know, at least I present more passionate than miss miss Wilkerson does.
Speaker 4: Miss Wilkerson is very withheld.
Speaker 2: And I am not very interesting that you say that you feel like you don't have their brains, because you feel like a symphony, right, like all of y'all are together.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know. She's the sister. Is an intellectually rigorous partner, the most the most robust, muscular exchange of ideas that I've ever had on any set with any actor that I've ever worked with in fifteen years of doing this, and I've worked with incredible people. But I'm talking about let's dissect what we're doing, let's think about it together, let's look at every line, let's really make sure that our intention is coming through in every scene and everything we do. And that kind of partner was incredible to have, so so yeah, it was an extraordinary experience with her.
Speaker 2: When you watch the film, you see Miss Wilguson going through the whole creative process of the book. Do you see yourselves in the movies version of Isabelle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. You know, when you're making a film, you were on a singular journey. You're with a group of people. It's like you feel like a tribe of folks that are just kind of at war with you know, fighting for a vision and fighting for something every day. And I feel like she she was doing that, but she was alone, you know, she was alone in the world. She you know, in this film, we travel from you know, you'll see this black woman actress, you know, traveling the world on an intellectual adventure. We're in Berlin, We're in New Delhi, India. We are crisscrossing through seven different time periods. We are kind of on this globe trotting, globe spanning mystery, romance, intellectual adventure. But we're all together. Isabelle Wilkerson was what was by herself when she did it, and so just the idea that we're able to chronicle and capture this incredible feat done by this sister is something that was an honor for us.
Speaker 2: What about you, Ozma, you see yourself in the film's version for her?
Speaker 18: Yes, I mean I feel like I feel I mean, I feel that she writes for me. She writes my mind, she writes my heart, she writes you know so much that I did.
Speaker 4: Not have the words for if that makes sense.
Speaker 18: I knew that there was something at play here, but I didn't know how to I didn't know how to articulate it. And Miss Wilkerson gives us the words for it. My experience being from rural Mississippi and understanding that these statues and the flags.
Speaker 4: That they're not just ha giography.
Speaker 18: They're not just oh, we're putting this up here for our fallen heroes that they are. They are tools of intimidation. And this is what Miss Walker, this is the work Miss Wilkerson does. She calls it out, she calls the thing for what it is, and so she writes what I need, the words I need to know in order to write for what I need to fight for.
Speaker 7: We got more with Ava Duvinet and Angeu Ellis Taylor when we come back.
Speaker 6: Don't move this to Breakfast Club the.
Speaker 7: Morning Morning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlemagne and the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Ava Duvenet and are New Ellis Taylor, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Is it true Ogs that you stood outside a movie theater passing out postcards to promote Origin on the day of Golden Glowa. Yes it did.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, sir, I did.
Speaker 5: And she's trying to go tomorrow too for extra postcards dedication.
Speaker 6: Yes, I sure did.
Speaker 18: Absolutely. I'm not waiting for somebody to do it for me. I want to do it myself. We don't have a lot of money, right, we don't have millions and millions dollars, millions and millions of dollars in promotional funds. If we're on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles and I've been there for the last couple of days working on this, every billboard is some incredible movie. We don't have that, So we got to get the word out whatever where we cancel.
Speaker 4: First of all, thank y'all.
Speaker 5: For Lettings coming.
Speaker 18: And yeah, I was outside that movie theater passing out them postcards.
Speaker 5: Ye man.
Speaker 2: That saddens me a little bit though, because I'm like, Yo, great films like this, great black films created by black people, black women. It should get the promotion in the market. And you think about everything that Taji has been saying recently about you know, pay in the industry for women. Who's faulted? That is it our fault for not supporting these films like we should with our dollars, or like, who's fault.
Speaker 5: Is that in general? In our industry? There it's it is. It is an interlocking puzzle of factors that put us all in the places that we're in, and so to ascribe it to one thing would be uh to reduce a very very complex math that is generations old, and and that, you know, I really feel we need to solve for by getting together as a group of people and and and and and trying to address everyone's different issues and find solutions. But it's just not one thing like that. The pay issue. It's a real issue, but it interlocks with so much uh uh, so much history within the studio system and within within Hollywood, within the marketing, distribution, the exhibition, the you know, the casting, the production. I mean it's layered. It's from you don't see you're not seeing folks on sets in the positions where they're being crew members. It's in the casting, it's in the executive ranks. It's in the marketing. It's in the promotion. It's in the publicity, it's in the distribution. It's with the exhibitors, you know, the actual theaters themselves and what they want to play and what they think folks are coming in. So you know, it is it's a mess, uh And yet we still make our art, and yet we still tell our stories, and yet we still enter into this and weigh it into it to try to enlighten, entertain in power tell our stories. So whenever you see a film like I love watching films late at night on beet Let me tell you why they have one camera? Like it's just one camera, you can tell you know, they ad two lights, you know what I mean? In these movies they the makeup might not be quite right, everything might be all right right, but you are seeing someone with a voice trying to create something. And so I think, you know, it's really hard for me to criticize films because it's hard out there to make them. And I know that whenever I see someone in bear witness of someone trying to do it, they are fighting a battle that most people don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what makes it working for you as as a working actress, Like if it's not, if it's not the financial, what makes it just work it for you?
Speaker 18: It depends on what It depends on what it is. You know, I'm gonna I'm not gonna say that. You know, I'm above doing. I gotta pay. I got to take care of people in my family that people who rely on me, family and friends. So Halle Berry famously said acting is is a I don't know what she said, what she's trying to say. What she said was it's a job. You know, it's not something you do for fun. It's great if you can do it for fun, but it's a job it generates income for for your life. But when I had when you can converse these sort of things of purpose and paycheck, like, that's what I live for. And Origin is org is one of those Origin is one of those places I believe. And I cannot say this enough coming from Mississippi, where there is an active move to redact black women, black people from history books, from curriculums that is happening all over the South, that if you can come inside a theater with some popcorn in your hand, and Ava Duverney is offering Origin, offering our history to us in places where we should learn it, but we can't because there's an act.
Speaker 4: To remove us, to erase us.
Speaker 18: And when I'm doing this kind of work, I feel that it makes me want to get up in the morning.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was going to ask, what do you want people to get out of this film, because there's so much to get right. I'm one of the scenes where your mom in the movie and she's talking about you know.
Speaker 6: Maybe he should the boy should have just listened, right.
Speaker 7: And the crazy thing about that is that's something my dad would say, right, and he would say that because he's looking at it is I just want you to get home.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: But now, me being a far and I have two boys. As a young man, you think about I don't care what they say, I don't have to do this. But now as a father, I think are the same thing. I just want my kids to come home. And then on another scene, you look at the love story with the gentleman who was you know, dating a Jewish girl, and you see his and you see what his heart meant. So what do you want people to get out of this story?
Speaker 2: The true message?
Speaker 5: The true message is, you know, people come out of this film, and we've shown it in different festivals and things around the world, and people come out of the film and they come Some people come up to me and they're talking about grief and loss. Some people come up to me and talk about the grandmother. Some people come up to me and they're talking about, you know, the scenes of the Holocaust or the slave ships. Some people are talking to me about niece Nash and how she made them laugh in the Black Family reunion scene, or Audu McDonald or Blair Underwood or whatever it is. I don't want to define what people take out of it. What I want to say is we are not defending ourselves and we are not talking enough about what is happening. And I hope that this turns on people's desire to want to read more, talk more, Google research, figure out what is happening around us. When I talk about the stripping of rights, this is an urgent call. There's so many people making it, and I'm just a filmmaker, so the only thing I can do is make films.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 5: And I'm asking you what can you do where you are because we all need to alert ourselves, remind ourselves, orient ourselves to where we are and what is coming. There's going to be a change in this country. It is going to be happening within the next year. And if you're not aware of what those changes are, please watch the film, or don't watch the film, watch read, talk to whoever you need to talk to to get up on the current state of events. And this is an all out emergency. So that's why it was really important for us to try to create something that instigates conversation. You come out and you're talking about it. That's the goal.
Speaker 7: All right, will A'll go anywhere? We have more with Ava Duvinet and Andrew Ellis Taylor.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 6: As the Breakfast Club, everybody J N. B.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne to die.
Speaker 6: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: We're still kicking it with Ava Duvenet and Angre knw Ellis Taylor, Charlomagne.
Speaker 2: I thought it was incredible how you showed how Miss Wilkinson was inspired to write cast after the shooting of Trayvon Martin. And I know, mister Brina Fulton, his mother has turned down a lot of people in regard to putting that story on screen. So how did you convince her?
Speaker 5: You know what I called that sister. I was so nervous when I called miss Fulton. I called her and she was like, girl, why are you so nervous to talk to me?
Speaker 4: I said, it is my first voice.
Speaker 5: Sound nervous. She said, yeah, your voice is shaken.
Speaker 4: She made me feel comfortable.
Speaker 5: We laughed.
Speaker 2: I told her what.
Speaker 5: I wanted to do and portraying you know, the final night of her son's life, her son's Trayvon's life, and she said, right there on the phone, do.
Speaker 2: It, wow, do it right there?
Speaker 5: She said. She believed in the work, she believed in my storytelling, and that she trusted me with the story. I said, do you want to come to the set, do you want to see the script? Do you know?
Speaker 19: Just do it?
Speaker 5: And so she was it at my campus in in Los Angeles. We we we keep a nice touch her her other son came to see the film. I showed her some clips of the film, uh, just so that she could be aware, you know, before it was out. And and she's been a beautiful, beautiful advocate for this. The telling of the story was that.
Speaker 2: The real nine one one call that is I was like, whoever did that? Boys, that's the.
Speaker 5: Real killer's voice on that On that call, you hear his last words. So in the back when you when in the film, when you hear the final nine one one call that Zimmerman made, when he called when people were calling the police on the scuffle outside, it's his screaming in the back, and you know he's he's saying help, you know. And and when we think about that case, we think about Zimmerman, but you don't think about that that that boy on the ground yelling help help help me. And so you know, it's important to give visibility and press sense to his voice. And so in the film, you don't just see what was done to him. You see what he was doing before this man even walked up to him. He was on the phone with his friends, going gets some candy, talking on the phone, and he was afraid.
Speaker 2: That stood out to me, like, yes, and yeah, think about that in the moment you're in a neighborhood that's really not your neighborhood. It's dark, and you feel like you're being someone circling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you know you run because you want to get away.
Speaker 5: That's right, And so we show it from his perspective. It was the same thing with when they see us. You know, people mad about that, but the bottom line is this is their story. You're mad about Selma. This is the black people of Selma's version of the story. This is when they see us. These are the Exonerates five and their families versions of the story. And so it's just like who gets to tell the story?
Speaker 4: Whose perspective?
Speaker 5: There is this history and this news that you hear, who gets to tell it? And you know what, I just answer my question. Maybe that's why I'm not getting scripts, That's.
Speaker 2: Why I don't judge, the old woman in the movie, or anybody who feels like that, because when I watched that scene, I literally he said, don't run, brother, because we're old. But we're older now, you know what I mean when you were that age.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, when you were that age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this man wasn't a police officer.
Speaker 6: And that's another thing. It's not a police to stand down.
Speaker 5: Yes, they told him stay where you are you to do that? Yeah, but that's what that that that piece in it is what got Isabelle Wilkerson from what she told me thinking about the whole idea of cast because she was like, wait a minute, this is a Latino man stalking a black boy to protect a white neighborhood. That's not race. So everybody just puts that in the box of race. And she was like, but that's not race because because.
Speaker 2: The zimmer Men would have been in the same situation if that was him in a different neighborhood, that's right.
Speaker 5: But also you have so so she's in there's something more complex than this being raceed because you have all of these different class elements, you know, ethnicities, you know, uh, you know where the geography was. So she started to think about, well, what is it? And that's what letter to the idea of cast. So we opened the film and you see Trayvon Martin in his life, in his day before George Zimmerman is even around, and what he was doing before, and it was important to humanize him. I think that's the thing with when you're showing trauma on screen. You can't show it as spectacle. You have to show it as the emotion and the dignity of the person who's been traumatized. And so when we open the film, you open on him talking to his own girl on the phone, laugh and doing their thing, so that by the time he is assaulted, he's not just a boy in the hoodie, you know what I mean, you know, really specifically what was on his mind, what he was doing, and a bit of who he was. And that's that's so important when we're dealing with, you know, matters like this on screen. I'm sure, yeah, she saw, she saw the scenes that he was in. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she saw the scenes.
Speaker 2: Actually was I was there.
Speaker 5: She was. She had two friends with her, two a family member and a friend, and they were both very emotional. But that sister is she was emotional but she she was stoic about it. And she said, she said, yes, that's right. And so you know, you imagine what a what a mother goes through, and the way they have to reserve their emotion and and and she was I won't say strong because I hate I do not hate that word, but I think it's overused. But she was, you know, very, I think she was very. She was very present in the moment as she watched it. It was emotional, but she was processing it like analytically, like a mom, like protectively, like okay, you can go do.
Speaker 2: That, you know.
Speaker 5: And I've really enjoyed, I really enjoyed each time we crosspath. The bottom line is our film will be out in the world on January nineteenth, and if it is near you, and it may not be near you, but I ask you from my heart, if it is near you, you'll have to find it because it will not find you. There will be very few commercials, there will be very little promotions. You will not hear about it in your face like you're hearing about everything else. I'm asking you to look for it, to Google and see if it's near you. I'm gonna cry Google and see if it's near you, and if it is, please go or send someone to go. And it's not for the box office because I'll never see it. I'm not getting paid on this film. I didn't get paid on this film, right. I put my money into the end of the film itself. The film's not gonna make enough money for me to ever see any money back. Go to see it so that it can do what the purpose of it was. Our intention was to bring us together to talk about the things we need to be talking about, learn about the things we need to learn, come out a little bit more knowledgeable about some key things that might help you in your decision making, because decisions will need to be made and soon. And so please Google, check, reach Out, find it, take someone that's my asset. There's anything I've ever made that has entertained you, Queen Sugar, some wrinkle calling in Black and White, thirteenth anything I've ever done. Please look for this because I think there's something in it that will be worth your time.
Speaker 2: I see how many more labels of love do you have? Able? Because that's what it feels.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm tired you, Yeah, I'm tired.
Speaker 7: Well, I was going to say I've seen Ben Affleck. I seen Dave Chappelle do screenings. Yeah, Charluamonne, you want to do a screening menu together episode, So we'll do a screening easy, We'll get a theater here.
Speaker 2: I actually want to do it for some kids. I thought about that last think if my daughter's fifteen, I was like, yeah, I would love for her and her her age group to see because it's such it's so education. Then it's entertaining, of course, but it's also education.
Speaker 6: And you have something that you're doing for teens, right sixteen Yeah, yeah, break that down.
Speaker 5: It's called seat sixteen and you can so you go to seat seat sixteen one six dot com and you can buy a ticket for a young person and for sixteen dollars you buy a ticket, and then they also get a year long subscription to Masterclass because I did one of those master classes about how to how to how I make the film, and and so for a year they can go on and they can get a masterclass and watch master classes and have an education about all kinds of things for sixteen bucks. And the hope is that we can, you know, get young people into this.
Speaker 6: So you can just go to this website and pay for a sixteen year old ticket.
Speaker 5: And a person's ticket for sixteen bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, what's the side again? Sat? Sixteen sixteen dot com.
Speaker 2: I promise if it means anything, that's doing that. I think this is your best work, because you know, I don't think you get to respect you deserve as a writer, you know, as much as you do as a director. But there's a lot going on in this film. When you were able to take like the documentary style of thirteenth and mix it with the narrative of when They See Us, it just creates a great piece of work called called Origin. Thank you, now you you phenomenally.
Speaker 7: Body, that's right, body, thank you, all types of emotions. Thanks well, Thank you guys so much. The movie January nineteenth. Go check it out, go see.
Speaker 6: It, go find it, find it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, somewhere. We appreciate you for joining its. Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Morning all right, I was see Grizzly Chris Brown write a scientist. Morning everybody, it's the j n V. Charlomagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 6: Let's talk usher name or you gossip chatting.
Speaker 2: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club this weere the tea.
Speaker 7: Spells right, yes now, we tried to report this yesterday, but we had technical to difficulties yesterday yesterday because of the mics went out. It was it was a problem, but we were talking about Ussher.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Of course USh is performing at the Super Bowl this year. Uh, Charlemagne Dallas Cowboys won't be there, and.
Speaker 2: Neither were your New York Giants. I told you shutters won't be there. Neither were your New York Giants. You are really delusional. You like self awareness? I hope you know that.
Speaker 7: Like I said, Charlamage Dallas, I never thought my Dallas, my Giants was gonna be there.
Speaker 2: I haven't known that.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 6: I knew the truth, and you should have known the truth too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, were twelve or five? But did you make We made it to the playoffs? Said it every year, if you get into the playoffs, you have an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. Playoffs. You said, every started rooting for that guy because his name was the Veto and he had an age that y'all thought was cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Timmy to be tho, you're talking about whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, not right.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, last I was saying the super Bowl this year, Good Morning America spoke to us about his performance and at the fact that he's getting ready and if he ever thought about this before.
Speaker 18: Nine number one singles, over eighty million records worldwide.
Speaker 4: How do you possibly pack that into thirteen minutes?
Speaker 2: Where do you start?
Speaker 10: I'll try to get back as far as I can and go back to the first album if I could, But you.
Speaker 2: Know, literally thirteen minutes.
Speaker 10: I think I just started by making certain that my kids approved. I got my portion of it for you know, for the thirty and up I got them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for my youngins.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm asking Sinko and a Vid.
Speaker 2: I'm taking notes.
Speaker 10: They've been like taking conference calls with my entire team giving notes.
Speaker 4: When did you start rehearsing for the show?
Speaker 10: Actually, you know what, I'm playing the Super Bowl the first time as a support for the Black Eyed Peas. Since that day, I think I had it in my mind that I wanted to go back to the stage.
Speaker 4: Usher, What is your favorite song to perform and why is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who said it was? You?
Speaker 4: I mean I said it was Yeah.
Speaker 2: You think it should oh your favorite ye listen man, it was Kelly called by the way, sleuth. Kelly called it dropping the clues bomb for Usher man legend.
Speaker 15: But the bomb.
Speaker 2: This is a celebration of black music. It's a celebration of culture. This is Usher getting its flowers on the highest level. Like we've been on a journey with Usher since day one, right, like you remember the birth thought, you've seen Usher in the music video. It had to be like twenty five years ago, right, at least, Yeah, because Confessions is twenty. I think Confessions tripping. Yeah, Confessions came out in two thousand and four. The Confessions turns twenty this year, so us have been around for at least twenty five years. Absolutely at least excited to see, Oh my god, cannot wait bring the Script of Poles to the Super Bowl. Usher. If you've been to Usher's Vegas residency, you know how it goes when he brings the Script of Poles out. The girls probably can't be dressed the way they dressed Vegas, but you got to bring them strip of polls to the Super Bowl stage. That's right.
Speaker 7: Well, salute to Usha and also salute to ice Cube, he received a Basketball Hall of Fame award named after him.
Speaker 20: Foot six rap star, film producer, actor, entrepreneur, and Big Three Basketball League co founder Ice Cube's in Springfield. Today, the artists received the inaugural ice Cube Impact Award. The award recognizes ice Cube's remarkable contributions to basketball and his commitment to fostering dialogues on inclusivity and equal opportunity.
Speaker 21: So it's an award that we you know, I get the first one, but we're gonna give it out every year to people who've made a positive impact using a game of basketball. So I'm out here because you know, it's a huge honor for me, and it's great to be able to interact with the community as well.
Speaker 20: Today's award presentation took place at the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I love it dropping include Bond's ice Cube. I'm shocked the NBA haven't bought the Big Three yet. Me too, only because like the Big Three scratches out the life span of like some of their greatest players. Like think about a Big Three uh game at the All Star weekend? You know where you go? You can go get the Tracy mcgrady's and Alan Iveson's and you know.
Speaker 6: Kevin gardext mellow Anthony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Carmelo Anthony. They playing against each other, like, I don't know, I'm just I'm just I'm just shocked they haven't a bought the Big Three.
Speaker 7: But it also gives players an opportunity who were in the league that think they can still play, to show that they still play, you know, outside of the G League, and people.
Speaker 2: We still want to see, right, you know, there's people we still want to see. There's people that just you know, hung it up, like like a Carmello. You STI wouldn't want to see him out there. Absolutely, you know, I'm shocked. I'm sure you will at some point, but I'm just shocked they haven't already. And that the price I'm only gonna keep going up, I mean for the Big Three. Yes, oh absolutely, yeah, that is your rumor report. Now who are you giving that? Duncan two? Man, I need a Nicki Haley to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with her.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll get into that next.
Speaker 2: Don't move. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 9: This is a miracle, there is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 11: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 6: Now the new developments in the deathinely spots shooting rampase.
Speaker 2: Then yesday, it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.
Speaker 18: And so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay, White supremacist violence, it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 3: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white.
Speaker 2: It's a practice club bitches sorright, Brenning, Please tell me why was I your donkey of the day. Well, donkey today for Wednesday, January seventeenth goes to Republican presidential candidate didn't form a governor of South Carolina, Nicki Haley. I've had the opportunity to have a conversation with Nicki Haley when I Guess hosted The Daily Show last November. I had her on. I've also said repeatedly, I personally believe the Republican Party should move away from Donald Trump and the ninety one criminal charges to impeachment. That's the host of other bs he brings to the table that's an understatement. By the way, the GOP needs to move away from him, get behind Nikki, but they won't because the white supremacist party doesn't really want to Indian American female representing them. I don't believe anyway. And the GOP, if you know they can get Trump back in the office, are so close. They're really taking over and punishing who they hate. Why would they give that up now? But those aren't the reasons we are gathered here today. We are gathered here today because Nikki Haley is in the news this week because she is the latest American politician to say America is not a racist country. Her statement was, America has never been a racist country, which is complete malarchy. Cap As the kid say, let's listen, are you a racist party?
Speaker 9: We're not a racist country, Brian. We've never been a racist country. Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday. Are we perfect?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: I know I face racism when I was growing up, but I can tell you today is a lot better than it was then.
Speaker 2: Cap. That wasn't even the question question was are you a racist party? But Nikki said America has never been a racist country. But then she turned around and said she has experienced racism. That's because there can be systemic racism without racist Let's discuss. Listen, y'all. I don't know why we have to say this ever so often. With a quick reminder, America is a racist country. I think we forget that. Racism isn't always explicitly visible, it's not always you know, conscious, But in America, what racism absolutely is and always has been, it's systemic and structural. Remember when the great black philosopher, father of Blue Ivy said, and you can try to change, but that's just the top layer. Man. You was who you was for you got here. That's America, regardless of how the top layer changes. Doesn't matter if Oprah is the richest woman in the world of Barack Obama was president, that's just top layer stuff, the root the foundation of this country. It's systemic and structural racism. It's deeply embedded in systems, laws, written, the unwritten policies, these racist practices and beliefs that produce and perpetuate widespread unfair treatment and impression of people who are at the bottom of this cast system in America. Okay, and those people are black, brown. It is what it is. Why do we act like this isn't a thing? Okay, America was never a racist country. How many examples do you need right now? We don't even got to, you know, get in the DeLorean and go back to slavery or the Jim Crow South. We can talk about residential segregation right now, Unfair lending practices and other barriers, the home ownership. We could talk about, you know, the unfair barriers, the accumulating wealth and environmental injustices, bias policing and sentencing a black men and black boys, voter suppression policies. There's a quote, and the quote is those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. And when people say things like America is not a racist country or it's never been a racist country, that's them trying to not remember the past. And that is exactly why systemic racism continues to permeate all sectors and areas of society. Okay, saying things like America is not racist country or America has never been a racist country is why we have never truly fixed systemic racism. Because acknowledging the existence systemic racism is the first step. All Right, you can't hear what you don't reveal, and we're not gonna ever heal because there is not a politician who truly wants to be honest about it. This isn't the first time I've given the biggest heat heart of someone for making these types of statements. Oh no, no, no, no. See back in twenty and twenty one, just three short years ago, my South Carolina brethren, Senator Tim Scott delivered the GOP response to Biden's first joint address in Congress, and he said this, hear me, clearly, America is not a racist country. Camp Well. That statement, for the next few days caused the media to ask every person of color, okay, every black and brown person who was in government, whether or not they thought America was a racist country. They asked, you know more of my South Carolina brethren, my ol G, Jim Cliber, and I love Jim Cliber, and I hope this doesn't get my invite to Jim clyde Burns world famous fish friary boat this year. But they asked my og and he said, this.
Speaker 3: A racist country would never elect of Barack Obama president or Kamala Harris vice president. So we should stop arguing about whether or not this is a racist country.
Speaker 13: It is not.
Speaker 2: Cap. They also have Vice President Kamala Harris, is America a racist country?
Speaker 19: And she had this to say, Well, first of all, no, I don't think America is a racist country, but we also do have to speak truth about the history of racism in our country and its existence today.
Speaker 2: Cap Nicki Haley Republican, Tim Scott, Republican, Jim Clyburn Democrat, Kamala Harris, Democrat, all saying America is not, or as Nicky said, never has been a racist country. Every single one of those statements is just simply not true on any level, absolute falsehoods Okay, the Vice President of Kamala Harris said America is not a racist country, but the nation must speak the truth about his history with racism in this country. Speaking the truth about the history of racism in this country is acknowledging that, yes, America systemically and structurally is a racist country. Okay. Saying this country isn't racist because they elected President Obama and you know, Vice President Kamala Harris is not accurate. Everybody in this country isn't racist, Okay. I believe people aren't inherently racist. But once again, this country, this system is rooted in structural and systemic racism. The irony of og Jim Clydburne statements. They are actively trying to prevent us from ever having another President Obama now through voter suppression. And we can't even begin to discuss the impact of voter suppression on black communities. We're talking about, guess what, America being racist. And we're not even gonna get into the electoral colleges racist origines. Okay, I'm not smart enough to discuss that, but once again, you can't talk about that without talking about America being a racist country. All right, listen, here's what it is. Regardless of party. Nobody talks about race, honestly, because when it comes to Republicans, racism is part of the GOP's ideological DNA. And when it comes to Democrats, they just get it. They just shift to death. That's why I call them colwviarcis. Okay, Democrats advocate for anti racist policies, but then turn around and say America is not a racist country. It's stupid and all because they are afraid to turn off hypothetical, imaginary swing voters. This is why people think Democrats are full of it, because when Republicans are telling their base their truth all the time and Democrats are dancing around okay everything, Republicans look honest and Democrats look like lias. I know it's strange, but that's why knowing how to communicate is important. And you will never win people over looking like you're lying. Okay, Republicans are more honest with their lives than Democrats are about their truth. I repeat, Republicans are more honest with their lives than Democrats are with their truth. Democrats in regard to the racism and a lot of other things, but in regard to racism, especially in light of what Nikki Haley just said, DIMS need to lean into some difficult, honest conversations about racing this country. You will win some people over and you will lose some people, but anything is better than what y'all are doing right now. Okay, But I don't want to make this about DIMS, because, as I said earlier, regardless a party, no politician has conversations about race honestly in this country. But one more thing for Democrats, all right, you can't lay out all these examples of systemic racism and then turn around and say America isn't a racist country. You just dismissed your own position. Okay. If the Democratic Party was unified and they all collectively said America is a racist country and it's our job to fix it, it wouldn't be an issue, and it would be honest. But folks are scared to be honest. Okay. Folks are scared to be honest because they know nobody in the party will have their back. And if you were honest, you would really show the glaring difference between yourself and Republicans. Okay, in regard to the racism. But in regard to the racism, you all are saying the same thing, and that is deeply disappointing. It is deeply disappointing to listen to all of these people try to either deny or oversimplify racism. Okay, to either deny or oversimplify America being a racist country, or, in the case of Nikki Haley, saying America was never a racist country to begin with. Please give Nicky Hally the biggest he m all right, well, thank you for the donkey today.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed, now let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. This morning in the room, as we tell you a story about Dez and Brian. He was on a Pivot podcast Fantastic convers talking about breaking generational curses.
Speaker 6: This is what he said.
Speaker 17: Let me read something. It's been on my phone for five something at y'all probably like.
Speaker 15: Just say break break generational curses. Quit yelling at your kids before they go to bed and inspect and sleep well. Quit yelling at your kids in the morning, right after they wake up for school, inspecting to have a good day. You set the tone for your children. You set the tone. Did you set the tone for your voice? They will always remembering their heads. You become in the voice. Don't be there in the critic. Speak life, Speak love, spreak bravery, kindness and hope. Speak wisdom, the truth. Most of all, listen to you with children. I never had none of that. I get that to my man. That's my number one priorty. That's how I followed that. That's how it break you and now do it.
Speaker 2: I live it. I live it. I want I encourage everybody to go listen to that episode of the Pivot with uh you know Dad's Bryant, but you know. I really just want to know when you hear that, When you hear those words coming out of Daz Bryant's mouth, how does it make you feel as a parent, not even just a parent, How does it make you in a child feel?
Speaker 7: What do you feel when you hear those words? I will discuss when we come back. Eight hundred and five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about it. I just the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Com on the Breakfast Club. It's topic time eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: During the earlier rumor.
Speaker 7: We were talking about Dez Brian, he was on a Pivot podcast with Ryan Clark chatting Crowder and Fred.
Speaker 2: Tayl us Loo. To my guys, man, sleute everybody over there at the Pivot man, love what they do. One of my favorite podcasts to listen to. They. I told Ryan it's a long time ago. I think I said that when I even did the Pivot, Like they really have created a safe space, you know, for men to go and be vulnerable, you know, if you've ever seen like the Michael Beasley conversation, or you know you saw the recent deaz Brian conversation, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: Well, he got a chance to talk about breaking generational curses. And this is what des Brian said.
Speaker 17: Let me read something it's been on my phone by since I met y'all probably like.
Speaker 15: To say, break break generational curses. Quit yelling at your kids before they go to bed and inspect and sleep well. Quit yelling at your kids in the morning right after they wake up for school, inspecting to have a good day. You set the tone for your children. Set the tone. Did you set the tone for your voice? They will always remember in their heads. Do you become in a voice? Don't be there in the critic. Speak life, Speak love, spreak bravery, kindness and hope, Speak wisdom, the truth.
Speaker 2: Must of all.
Speaker 15: Listened to your children. I never had none of that. I get that to mind, and that's my number one priority. That's I followed that. That's howt breaking and now do it. I live it.
Speaker 2: I live it.
Speaker 7: So we're opening up the phone lines eight hundred five, eight five, one oh five one, just talking about what's your thoughts after hearing des Bryant talking about how he feels about his kids and probably uh how much trum it probably brought back to him because he probably was yelled at before he went to sleep, He probably was yelled at before he went to school and college, he said to him, and how it's affected him throughout his life.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, man, listen. It reminds me of the statement if you didn't come from a or a quote, if you didn't come from a healthy family, make sure a healthy family comes from you. Everything Dad said, you know, hit home, you know, not just hit home, you know because because because because what my inner child you know felt when he said those words. But you know, it hit home, you know, me being a parent now, which is why in those moments when I do fall short and you know, I yell at my kids for something, I do something that I never got when I was a kid, when I used to get yelled at, and that was you know, an apology. You know, I apologize to them sometimes because well most of the time because of everything des Brian said, because I don't want to be their inner critic. I don't want them to think of me and my words to them. You know and feel down about that or feel insulted. I want them to get strength from my words. I want them to feel empowered by my words, you know, which is why when you're a father of a young daughter or young daughters like I am, you tell them they're beautiful. You tell them you love their complexion, you tell them you love their hair, you tell them they are brilliant. You tell them they can achieve anything, because that's the stuff that they gonna remember. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do discipline my children, and I was always taught when you discipline, you do it out of love.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: You don't do it because you're having a bad day. You don't do it because of something that's going on in your life. You do it out of love. And I think that that's the one thing I would say that as parents, we need to do more when we make a mistake, when we're wrong, we apologize, right, because you know, a lot of times people feel like apology is you're being weak, But no, apologizing is being strong. You understand what you did was wrong, and you're apologizing, and you're telling your kids, this is not the way that you're supposed to be acting now when it comes to my kids and they do something wrong, I explain to them what it is so they understand. They just don't think that I'm taking something away or they're getting yelled at, or there is a you know, a problem because of something that they don't understand why. And I think as a lot of times as children, we don't understand why we were, you know, in trouble or why our parents said no.
Speaker 6: But I think when you break it down and you explain it's.
Speaker 7: A it's a I think they gain more trust for you as a parent because now they understand why you're looking out for them.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. I always knew I was getting in trouble as a kid. Kids ain't that. Kids ain't that clueless now, kids knowing, they ain't got no.
Speaker 7: But like sometimes like for instance, last night, you know, I had a shout out to my son Jackson for christ My daughter came home, Madison came home, and she Fortnite a lot. So he's into Fortnite now and he's almost almost addicted to Fortnite, like, he plays so much. So I had to pull him back off a Fortnite. I pull him back off his video games. So last night, I go in his room and the video game is up, and I'm like, bro, we just had this conversation. But he took it as dad, you said, don't play Fortnite, but I'm playing Madden. It's two different things, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. That's just a conversation.
Speaker 7: But it's just a conversation. But you know, he didn't necessarily get it. So when I explained to him what it was, he was like, all right, I thought.
Speaker 2: You just meant come back by the way. I know he know good and will he was doing please. But that goes back to my point. My point. You know, Dan, he was supposed to be playing no video games period. Absolutely, he didn't hit you with the word play and you fell for it. See, but you are really clueless now. That's what we are realizing now is clueless and we can get got I want you to and because got so easy.
Speaker 6: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the PHNK, you play, go to the phone, let's go.
Speaker 7: To the play too much, Let's go to the poont But what I was saying was about why I want him to stop playing video games because he was missing out on life, he was missing out on family.
Speaker 6: Thinks he was missing out.
Speaker 7: On the most important things, and he understood that's what the point was.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this missus?
Speaker 14: Marie?
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: How do you feel when you heard that? Marie?
Speaker 14: I agree with what he's saying one hundred percent because I do feel like what our parents used to do with us or how they go to us to affect us.
Speaker 16: In the long run.
Speaker 14: So I grew up like very straight, veryctern in Puerto Rican. So it was like we were gonna punish me. You know, you build down with your hands on the wall, you hold encyclopedias and stuff. So I try my best to be different with my son, but it is just sometimes to break, you know, break those types of risks that you know, because I feel like now my mother was recerning and she wasn't the way she was then we can will see how we are today. So I try not to definitely hit my son. But these book kids, they have like a different outlook on things, very much entitle. But sometimes charent we get tired of talking, and I tell my son other time, like, don't think I like yelling at you. Don't think I like putting giving punishment, but I do have to discipline you. And let you know that you can run over me, you won't be able to do what you want to do.
Speaker 16: But I do feel like they need.
Speaker 14: To bring more life, encourage our kids, uplift them and be open with them and have those conversations and even let them express us how they feel like. I would tell my son about making fellow ways, be okay with telling me. I have no problem with apologizing. Tell my son. I feel like a lot of parents do. But that's how we teach our kids' accountability and for also because that they do.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thank you mama for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this if?
Speaker 1: Carlos?
Speaker 6: Carlos, good morning. What do you think after you heard that?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 1: Well for days, I do understand what he means as far as don't yell at your kids before they go to school to have a good thing.
Speaker 2: Who did you say?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Right, that's briant Man, Brian Brian and Dee Banks football player.
Speaker 12: I get it.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is is that what the what he's dealing with, that's his level of trauma, right, That's something that he went through and and he's trying to correct that in his life. And I absolutely understand that. I agree with it. Good for him. But the only thing that I'm trying to say is I don't think that most people just yell at their kids for nothing.
Speaker 2: No, I think a lot of people do.
Speaker 6: A lot of people do.
Speaker 7: And the reason a lot of people do is is because, you know what, people don't think about it. When you're stressed out right and you have a lot of stress, whether it's work, whether it's just the outside worlds, whether it's financial, whether it's family, most of the times you take it out on the closest people to you, which is usually your wife and your kids, and most people don't think about it, but they usually do.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think what he's saying is something. I get what you're saying, my brother on the phone, but I think sometimes there can be an overreaction based off everything Envy just said, Like you know what I mean, Like you might you might yell at your kids for something that doesn't necessarily mean doesn't necessarily need that level of volume, You.
Speaker 12: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If I'm playing this correctly, because I'm not. I'm also not trying to disregard what he's saying. I'm just using it as an example to say, surface level like if my if my kid did something wrong, I'm going to talk to him a lot more terns, whether it's before bed or before school, to make sure he just understands the point, like, Hey, you may.
Speaker 12: Have done something wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's probably just.
Speaker 1: That's probably just my That's probably just me and the way I operate in my home.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, brother. Now, I'm sure it's not even just the yelling. It's too it's what's being yelled. It's the things you say to your children before they go to sleep, or the things you say to them before they go to school. Like, you know, I think a lot we gotta we just gotta speak more life into our kids.
Speaker 7: Man eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking about des br And he did an interview on the Pivot podcast and he was talking about breaking generational curses. We're gonna play it when we come back, and just asking your thoughts just to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's dj NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: We got a salute to Ava Duvine for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Salute to Ava Duvine and Ajan new ellis the movie Origins will be out January nineteenth and select leaders. Man, if you were a fan of the book Cast by Isabel Wilkinson, this movie Origins is based on that book. And I know you're saying to yourself, how did they make a movie about a book full of facts and research? Well, the book is about I mean, the movie is about Isabel Wilkinson, and you know how she came to even, you know, write the book called Cast. So it's a fantastic film, man, So go check it out and select theaters on January nineteen, and salute to everybody celebrating the birthday to day. Do you see this birthday list? First of all, you got Mari Povich. You got James Earl Jones, Dwayne Wade, Michelle Obama, Betty White, Jim Carrey, Muhammad Ali, Steve Harvey, Little John, and our good brother Ray j Also is my guy b dodgeborn day be Dot. You're not on this list. I just put you on there, Okay, I just want to throw that out there. Damn birthday beat I had no idea all of those people shared the same day. I don't know what I thought it.
Speaker 6: Beat Out was a virgo nah beat Out as a capital thinking about low key shout the low key.
Speaker 2: All right, if he's definitely a virgo.
Speaker 7: Anyway, let's positive note. When we come back as the Breakfast Slo Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here.
Speaker 2: Charlamon.
Speaker 6: You got a positive note, that's right.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I want to tell everybody make sure you go check out Dez Bryant conversation on the Pivot podcast when Ryan Clark, Fred Taylor and Channing Crowd an amazing conversation. Man, I want all of us to continue to do the work on ourselves. Continue to go see your therapist, you're psychiatrists, your counselors, counselors, your spiritual leaders. Whatever you got to do to do the work on yourself, keep doing it. And I just want to tell you, yeah, man, we don't call our cars broken when they're out of gas. They just need to be filled up. We don't call our phones worthless when they're out of battery. They just need to be plugged in. The same goes for us as individuals. Me and you. You are not broken, You are not worthless. Your worth healing your worth, rest, go, get some, have a great day. Breakfast cud bitches. Y'all finish or y'all done