Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brook and Jeffrey Podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy j Wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 4: If you're listening from their DM me after this k after you hear the full shower.
Speaker 3: I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and this is the time of the show where we stop everything to shine a spotlight directly into the eyes of our hero of the week.
Speaker 3: That hurts.
Speaker 5: And I want you to know this is a very prestigious honor. We don't just hand it out to anybody. We're extremely selective with it. Like the other day there was a video of a dog on a skateboard and we were like, no, not, we demand higher than that.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, like, how many of those have we seen?
Speaker 5: Again? Sure enough, there was a chicken on a skateboard a week later, and we were like, all right, good enough, okay, seeing we have standard four times. That's why today's hero is a Cleveland man named Joey Kinsley who goes by the user name sir Yacht on his social yah Sir.
Speaker 6: Yacht Yachay Okay, sorry, I don't talk rich people.
Speaker 5: We set a goal for himself recently to eat nothing but Costco hot dogs for an entire week.
Speaker 3: That really goes against his yacht name. But yeah, and it's also my mom's diet. I'm telling you she swears by a good Costco hostel.
Speaker 5: But every meal for the entire seven days? How did he do? Maybe two days?
Speaker 7: I can.
Speaker 5: I'll just let him tell you. Here's his Instagram recap.
Speaker 8: I hate nothing but the Costco hot dog meal for the past week to see if paying a dollar fifty for a Glizion drink was worth it for seven days, and here are the results. I ate twenty nine hot dog meals for a grand total of forty three dollars and fifty cents, one fourth of what the average millennial spends on.
Speaker 5: Food a week.
Speaker 8: Also started a new diet trend on accident because I lost four and seven days or I have a giant tapeworm. And to my surprise, I never got sick of eating hot dogs once, despite my bowel movements resembling Willy Wonka's Chocolate River.
Speaker 7: So was it?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: I bawled on the budget, lost weight and had the culinary experience of a lifetimelutely.
Speaker 3: Oh yow whoa.
Speaker 6: I mean that was a lot more positive than Ashton coming off a thirty days at Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah this guy, Yeah, come.
Speaker 5: On, now, what an inspiring story of mental and physical perseverance. We need more people in the world like Joey who are willing to put in the work, do the hard things the right way.
Speaker 6: What is it about Joey's loving hot dogs like Joey Chestnut, the like hot dog eating contest guys, It just built into the name, I guess, so okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if you have a kid, name them Joey, and they will go on to do incredible things in the culinary world and they could be named our next hero of the Congratulations, sir, Yacht, you have done it. Now let's move on and get into the shock collar question of the day and send it over to a man who's got more value in his pinky finger than Costco's entire menu. Digital Jake, you know what to do, buddy.
Speaker 9: This week, we decided to try out a brand new game called plenty of twenty, where the hosts simply had to name any one of the top twenty answers from a list in order to stay in the competition, and yesterday's list was the top twenty largest restaurant chains in the US by number of locations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the big story yes was.
Speaker 9: Brooks shocking and frankly highly embarrassing early exit when she got her first guest wrong.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 3: Starbucks has no kitchen. It is not considered a restaurant.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sure Starbucks workers aren't real people either, So Brooke.
Speaker 9: Was instantly eliminated and had to sit on the sidelines. And this is a fun game, so you should have seen the pomo's.
Speaker 5: Knew what we were talking about.
Speaker 9: Very bitter, But despite yesterday's shameful performance, I'm sure brook won't completely embarrass herself again as we continue with another edition of plenty of twenty. No, hey, don't forget about the silver save. If you guess the number one answer from the list, you get a free pass that saves you from future elimination.
Speaker 5: It helped me, that's right.
Speaker 9: That being said, today's category is top twenty most famous cartoon characters already for no.
Speaker 3: Reason, Brook, Let bring it, Jake, please.
Speaker 5: Say the one We're all say the guy.
Speaker 9: We're gonna start with you again. Please try not to blow it alright, and go whenever you're ready.
Speaker 6: Well, this one's easy because it's on Jose's shirt. Now, Mickey Mouse, you, yeah, that's the sober save.
Speaker 9: Not only you correct, but you have a little life in your pocket to save you from.
Speaker 10: You went from first pick elimination to the next day, first pick number one.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, we're onto elect She has twenty options. I mean, come on, she has to get one, right, Let's not give her too much.
Speaker 1: I don't know mine. SpongeBob, but I don't know how old this list is.
Speaker 9: SpongeBob SquarePants. It's number four on the list.
Speaker 5: Over to Jose, and there's like, there's a few in my head.
Speaker 10: But you know what, if we're gonna go Mickey, I almost want to just say many.
Speaker 9: Jose said, Mini Mouse. That is not on the list, not in the top twenty all.
Speaker 3: What kind of sexist list is this?
Speaker 9: Robert and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: No, okay, Well, if Mickey is for Disney, I'm gonna go with the other big animated company, Warner Brothers and say Bugs Bunny on that one.
Speaker 9: Bugs Bunny number three on the list. Number two is still on the border.
Speaker 3: Back of the brook I can keep going Warner Brothers. I think I will. I think I'm gonna say Daffy Duck.
Speaker 9: Daffy Duck number eight on the list, still Silver saved as well or over to Alexis.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know show I used to love was The Fairly Odd Parents.
Speaker 7: That show.
Speaker 1: That's top twenty.
Speaker 5: Who are your guessing?
Speaker 9: Okay, Timmy Turner, Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents not anywhere close to the list, only.
Speaker 5: Have the top twenty, but I know, let's close. Let's start to go old school with cartoons that have been around forever. Give me Pop by the Sailor.
Speaker 9: Name Pop by the Sailor number fourteen, and jeff Brooks still has to save.
Speaker 3: Can I go Wiley Coyote.
Speaker 9: Wiley Coyote, It's not on the list. The save cashed in Brooks still in.
Speaker 5: The game, Jeffrey my turn Okay, I'm gonna go even older than my last guest, Betty Boop.
Speaker 9: Betty Boop number twelve on the list.
Speaker 3: Heads up this scene.
Speaker 6: I feel like I need to pick a Disney movie and even the process. I know, I know, but like I feel like Ole Off would be on the list.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna say hol Off Olaf from Frozen, not Jeffrey got anything.
Speaker 5: I was gonna go Porky Pig next, like they that's all folks, that's good sports. Pig not on the last.
Speaker 9: But jeff you were the last one standing, so you do win plenty of twenty. Some of the names on the list, you guys missed, Tom and Jerry Homer, Simpson, peak.
Speaker 5: At chew Oka.
Speaker 9: Roadrunner made the list, but not Wiley Coyote unfortunately, Goofy Woody Woodpecker, Tweety Bird, the Powerpuff Girls, Eric Cartman from South Park Garfield, and Taz the Tasmanian Devil.
Speaker 5: This time, even though she got the silver save, she still managed to lose the game. So I'm gonna give the shot today to brook And somebody wanted to hear kiss Me More by Doja Cat?
Speaker 1: Can you kiss me Ma?
Speaker 3: We're the young boy. We ain't got nothing to lose.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well it started off strong for the first one and a half seconds. I don't know. Yeah, you don't get a second tribe, you know, silver save on the singing that's your shock collar question.
Speaker 7: Of the day, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Sometimes people ask us about how certain segments started on the show, how did we come up with them, and the history behind this next one is actually kind of interesting because it was years ago when we first had a quiet, shy, timid little comedian auditioning trying to join our program.
Speaker 3: And we remember that little guy.
Speaker 5: We heard rumors that he was funny, but we could barely get him to open up about himself and speak or even make a joke. I know, it's hard to imagine that he was ever like this. So we thought, you know what, let's do a segment where we ask everybody to just be vulnerable and share their thoughts with the road. And that's when finally Kevin Hart opened up and it launched his comedy career. Wow, look at what happened to him because of this.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, Kevi.
Speaker 5: Actually, some say Alexis is the next tiny blonde Kevin Hart of this generation. Someone does We're gonna hear her thoughts and launching the superstardom edition of What's on Your Mind?
Speaker 7: That's coming up freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Why is hockey the only sport that lets players fight each other mid games? Yeah, let's see that in golf. Or in gymnastics, some mom Biles puts a fourteen year old girl from Romania in a headlock. Do the balance now.
Speaker 3: A triple bank flip.
Speaker 6: Thick, you're skating kind of did it with Tanya Hardy.
Speaker 5: You know, those are the good old days.
Speaker 3: It's only people on skates.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping some punchers are going to be thrown as we get into a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind? Starting with left Hook Brooks. What's on your Mind?
Speaker 6: Well, we all know like cold this weekend ever last weekend, Oh my god. And we get home from my daughter's basketball game and our furnace is out, okay, and it's like nine o'clock at night on a Friday, and I'm like, oh my god. So I replace the batteries in the thermostat think you maybe that could be it, but and it lights back up.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, maybe I'm on this uping.
Speaker 5: Right, that would be really easy.
Speaker 6: Then I go downstairs and it's making this weird like sounded like oh god, and my husband can't figure it out. The furnace guy doesn't call us back, and so we sleep in under literally thousands of blankets.
Speaker 3: We sleep and the kid, keep them warm with our body heat.
Speaker 5: You know, how come he didn't go to one of your other Manshiah.
Speaker 6: So the guy finally calls me back the next morning at eight am and he's like, listen, you can do this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I can do it. I do it competitive It's work, And he talks me up.
Speaker 6: He's like, all you need is a hair dryer because your condensation line that brings the water out from the furnace has frozen. He's like, it'll take you two minutes. So I go outside with the hair dryer. You guys, it worked.
Speaker 7: It works.
Speaker 3: I felt like the king of the world. I was like, I just fixed a furnace.
Speaker 1: The family has heat.
Speaker 5: Save the family.
Speaker 3: It took a tool that I am very good at, using a hair dryer, and now I don't know. I was on such a high all weekend from my power of being able to do this that I may switch careers.
Speaker 4: Project that could be a TikTok page for this.
Speaker 5: Is the job real bad. Yeah, okay, if you need some help with your heating or cooling, brook dm me Jose what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Well, a few weeks ago, I started getting messages from Tinder asking me to join something called Tender Select. Oh yeah, because you know they have like gold and platinum.
Speaker 5: They're always advertising like what elites of Tinder?
Speaker 10: But this is for elites apparently because I logged onto the app.
Speaker 5: This is what it says.
Speaker 10: Quote tender Select is an exclusive membership that gives you unrivaled access to the absolute best of Tinder.
Speaker 3: So they're holding back all the hotties.
Speaker 10: It even says under one percent of all people on Tender are assets.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, wait, what wait?
Speaker 3: Do you have to pay extra? How much?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So they're inviting me. I'm like, do they think I'm popular? Let me google it see what the public thinks. The first article from the public says, quote Tender now letting rizzless sad sacks pay five hundred.
Speaker 11: A month for Tender.
Speaker 5: I'm a rizzless Yeah, and I and I said the same five hundred.
Speaker 10: Wait a minute, and so I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: You guys, will it work? I also think the same.
Speaker 3: What if you actually win on some dates, it may pay off.
Speaker 10: It actually is tempting, but I have to pay the five hundred to so you guys, let me know, do I pay five hundred test now for a month.
Speaker 5: No, okay, you're not sad? Sack, Yeah, I do have riz. You're happy?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 5: Where's that dating sign up for that one? Alexis? What's been on your mind?
Speaker 4: Well, last week I told you guys, I totaled my car.
Speaker 3: That's been a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really has.
Speaker 4: And it was a really good life lesson on maybe having a savings account because like one No, well, I drained it all in Europe right before that, cause I was like, I had this money here, what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: There's some famous last words.
Speaker 4: So I've had to do some like budgeting recently, you know, to save up for a new car.
Speaker 5: What does budgeting mean to you?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you what.
Speaker 4: I've opted out of a rental car, you know, and I've been electric scootering around places.
Speaker 3: But I see that your nails are still very dune.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: See, it's funny you say that because there are some non negotiables.
Speaker 3: Like don't have to be done. Also going out and.
Speaker 4: Resorted more to like soda, you know, because it's a little bit cheaper than alcohol. Ordering drink No no, but then my friends feel bad for me, and they're like, oh, Alexis, you did just get an accident.
Speaker 1: Will buy you a drink? What do you want? And I've learned to just ask for a picture.
Speaker 4: I'm like, we should split a picture, guys, and then you drink most of it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I see, you're the type of less sad sack that would be perfectly.
Speaker 1: And then my last I'm started to.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe because I have like for dinner, I'm not spending money out, you know. So I'm going through my old gift cards and I found a lot of eye hop ones I've been having.
Speaker 1: I hope it's probably.
Speaker 3: Cheaper to make pancakes. Who knew?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm sadly eating I hope, but at least my nails look good.
Speaker 3: That Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: So I'm a dog guy. For years I had this little runt of a pup named Burger. Yeah, there was quite a character. You passed away a couple of years ago. Finally, by the way, we were waiting, it took a while, but it got a new dog, which the audience named Bagel. And Bagel has been feisty, to.
Speaker 3: Say, behavioral issues.
Speaker 5: It's been in a very long puppy face does not listen barks directly into your ear on purpose. But the other night, I was sitting in front of the fireplace and Bagel was being a really good boy, just laying down on my lap, quietly, not biting me, not taking the two on the carpet, and so I actually said out loud, oh, Bagel, you're finally becoming a good dog. And right when I said that, the fireplace erupted. It was like, oh no, it's the timing was too coincidental, and it made me think of other strange things that happened, like every night at ten, Bagel will bark randomly at the front door of my house when nobody's out there, and I realized, oh my god, it's the ghost of Burger. Burgo heard me compliment Bagel and came back through the fire to be like, I'm the boy I should have known. Of course, Burger's ghost is haunting my house.
Speaker 3: Glad you solved the issues.
Speaker 5: I figured it out. Now I've got two dogs again, got Bagel and the ghost of Burger. Ghost food inflation, Yeah that could be. But texted seven five nine to go ahead, tell us what's on your.
Speaker 7: Minds freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Get a lot of texts in at seventy eighty five nine two with our listeners wanted to tell us what's been on their mind because we just shared what's on ours. This text says what's on my mind. I can't stop thinking about how cute Jeffrey is. O, Hey, mom, why do you keep texting? Block her from this board.
Speaker 3: It's like a compliment for your mom. Finally, yeah, I mean there's that.
Speaker 5: I'm sick of it. This one says good morning, love you guys. And what's on my mind is how Alexis says all these credit cards and Brooke doesn't help her pay them off ever, brook the loaded ones.
Speaker 6: So you can give a man a fish, but if you teach him to fish, then he'll give me money.
Speaker 5: I'll try this is credit cards.
Speaker 7: Help him?
Speaker 5: Says I went on a six hour, amazing date and got pulled over taking her home. Didn't get a ticket, but she thought I was reckless because of it and didn't go out with me again.
Speaker 3: Attractive, Yeah, should that's.
Speaker 5: The Probably the problem is that you didn't.
Speaker 3: As soon as the came you were polite. Yes, that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Keep your text coming.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened to men, but we've really dropped the ball, because.
Speaker 3: What else do you want to I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying that, like in the past, guys used to try way harder to impress women in the dating world, Like Vincent van Goh chopped off his own ear for the woman that he loved.
Speaker 3: That healthy, ain't you?
Speaker 5: Greece Paris started the Trojan War just so that he could marry Helen. Wow. Even Leonardo DiCaprio purposely sank the Titanic. He said, if me and Rose can't be together, then I'm gonna sail this boat right into an ice bergat It's been a few years since I've seen it, but that's kind of how I remember what happens. But still now no one tries anymore. No one's sinking boats or starting global conflicts in the name of love.
Speaker 3: Gosh, what does the world come to too?
Speaker 5: Curiously, that's how we end up with an entire segment of people sharing the most underwhelming, cringey dates they've ever been. Oh yeah, so until men actually start trying again, we're gonna hear more terrible first date stories in a brand new edition of Battle of the Tinder Dates. That's coming up.
Speaker 7: Two hopeless one dating app. Then there's you swipe right. The question is whose love life is more tragic.
Speaker 5: It's Battle of the Dates. It's a dating game show that's hotter than a metal spoon in a crack den, Battle of a Tinder Date where we find out whose love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second. First, let's meet today's contestants over in this corner. When it comes to dating men, she likes some tall, gray and rail thin, and that's why they call her Antenna Jenna.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Abandon the other corner. Her perfect date night ends with a romantic couple's bath in a giant tub filled with maple syrup. That's how she got the name Sticky Nicky.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you must be extractive if you can talk anyone into that.
Speaker 5: Here's how the game works. We gotta have one contestant start by telling one of their worst dating stories. Then the other will try and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner. We're gonna start things off today with Antenna. Jenna.
Speaker 12: Let's go all right, So a guy and I went out to dinner at a fond due place, and so we get bread and some other things to dip in it, and we're having a great time. And I get up to use the powder room, and then when I come back, I catch him holding the pot with two hands and drinking out of it like it. Oh yeah, burn, don't think this was the first time.
Speaker 3: He has not lactose intolerant.
Speaker 5: That impressed. Let's go over to nik can you punch that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys.
Speaker 11: So one of the guys they dated, he came back to my place after an amazing date, okay, and we both kept drinking obviously, you know, but he ended up not being able to handle it, and he was really becoming more out of it, to say the least. And at one point he sees a picture of me and my sister, and you know, he says, oh, you might be a seven, but your sister for sure isn't eight. And then he pukes on the picture.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, So you made out with them that right?
Speaker 11: Oh for sure?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: All right. Off to a strong start round around number two. And that means Jenna we're back to you, all right.
Speaker 12: So a guy and I went out a few times, and so one weekend we plan to hang out and he told me to pack a suitcase. We're going to do a day trip somewhere and it's just the price. He tells me to meet him at the airport.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 12: I get there and meet him and I'm like, all right, so, like, where are we going? Turns out it was the airport. Our day trip was to the airport.
Speaker 6: You couldn't even go through security because you didn't have tickets, so you just outside.
Speaker 10: I mean, in his defense, there's a lot of nice coffee shops and stores.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but on the other side of SA Yeah, they've gone to bite ticket to access.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, all right, not as exciting as we thought, Nikki, it's your turn.
Speaker 11: I met a guy who was kind of cute but kind of but man, you know, he held that British accent pretty good. You know.
Speaker 5: That adds like five points to any hotness.
Speaker 3: Scale, ye men or women?
Speaker 11: For well, halfway through our drinks, that accent disappeared.
Speaker 3: And I mean, who hasn't faked accent for a night?
Speaker 6: I know, I.
Speaker 3: Know, it's really fun.
Speaker 14: This is super rare.
Speaker 11: On the guys, to deep and to be honest, I called him out. Okay, okay, Well that's when he admits that he's been just watching Harry Potter on repeat.
Speaker 5: We were doing when Guardian leveyosa on you all night.
Speaker 11: Yeah, to stop it all off. He told me he's gotten way more dates because of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we're pretty much tied up at this point. It's anybody's game. That means as we go into the third and final round, we need your best stories ladies. So, Jenna, what have you got?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 12: So I had this guy take me on one of those huge city ferris wheels and at the top we stopped.
Speaker 5: Moving at the very top, very top. Okay.
Speaker 12: You know it's nice because you're seeing pretty things, but it's like it's an unnatural amount of time.
Speaker 5: Off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 12: So I asked, you know, like you think everything's okay, and then this guy's like, oh no, my buddy runs this. So I asked him if you could stop it while we were at the top. You know, for a quick hookup.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be romantic, it's gonna be like for a little kids.
Speaker 5: It's quick. He's like, we only need like three to hook up with the whole view of the city. You went through with it obviously, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no, And the ferris wheel booths is rocket bring us down?
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So then he calls his buddy on speakerphone and says, hey, press the button. Another one said no one, Wow.
Speaker 5: It's kind of cool that he can just call his buddy control the whole thing. Okay, we only got time for one more, Nikki, let's hear it.
Speaker 11: So me and this guy did an escape room together. Well I am so not good at him, but I figured it'd be fun. So we're in there, like in it and we couldn't figure out like any of the clues, any of them of them.
Speaker 3: And she does not like go to the book.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, no, I need some brush up on like all of the games.
Speaker 15: Obviously it does.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 11: When I looked over in the corner, he was crying, Oh like you guys legitimately breaking down and I mean the worst part of it, you know, he refused to even go to the mergency exit.
Speaker 1: No yah, wal.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. If I was the people running that, I wouldn't let you out either. The medeo of what would be happening would be too good to watch.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, so rude.
Speaker 16: But the I mean the.
Speaker 17: Worst worst is instead of going through the emergency exit like hands to stet up calling his mom, did she call you?
Speaker 3: Rescue her up?
Speaker 11: It became this childhood trauma talk with like how he blamed her for it because they didn't do enough, puzzled when they were a kidd.
Speaker 5: Oh god, her faults that he couldn't solve the estate Brown.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can we vote for the mom in this game because for her for some reason.
Speaker 5: I blame her too. That date back. But we heard the final bell. That means the matches over judges. Let's score it, Alexis.
Speaker 1: I gotta go Jenna for the ferris wheel. Already got a fear of those.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I can't still get over the fon dupot Jenna, You.
Speaker 5: Got that means congratulations Antenna, Jenna, you have our sympathy and our respect. The worst dating life of the week.
Speaker 12: I am getting something out of this nightmare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you for playing. Remember Textan seventy five nine to two. If you want to appear on the next edition of Battle of the Tender Days, your phone TAP's coming up.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Today, we call a woman who, along with her husband, just bit on an item at their son's elementary school auction. Okay, the item was your child is principal for a day.
Speaker 3: At our school.
Speaker 5: I've heard about this. Yeah, there's a lot of schools that do it, and he usually they'll do things cute like recess gets extended by ten minutes, or everyone gets to watch a movie during one period of class. But we're calling to tell the mom that her son has gone rogue and now that he's in charge, he's requesting stuff that's way over the line. So the tyranny has to end in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 3: Another Hello, Hi, is this Serena Bell.
Speaker 15: Who's calling?
Speaker 6: This is Vice Principal Williams from elementary and I'm calling because, as you know, your son Bryce is principal for the day today.
Speaker 15: Oh Hi, how's it going.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be honest, not great.
Speaker 15: Oh no, what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, it started off okay, he made the morning announcement, was very cute. But then some of his requests, well, they began pushing the envelope, I'll say, and the teachers just feel a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 15: Oh no, what did he ask for your son?
Speaker 3: Bryce said he wanted to start off the school day with the children in the higher grades working on their division. Okay, oh that means you laugh.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if you realize this, but that's a pretty unreasonable request.
Speaker 3: Not really, Okay, maybe I should take this back a little bit. You see, that's contractually considered learning me thing of that magnitude. It needs to be approved through the union. Do you see?
Speaker 15: So children should not want to learn new things on their own?
Speaker 13: Is that what you're No?
Speaker 3: We love, We love when they want to learn new things. It's just it needs to be approved.
Speaker 6: And you know, between you and me, I don't think most of our teachers know that type of math to even teach.
Speaker 15: Wait, you're saying that your teachers don't know how to divide.
Speaker 6: Well, I saw some of them scrambling for their calculator apps on their phones.
Speaker 3: It was pretty shocking.
Speaker 15: You're joking right now.
Speaker 3: I wish I was.
Speaker 6: And then instead of recess, Bryce wanted everyone to spend those twenty minutes learning the names of US presidents.
Speaker 15: And what's the problem with that?
Speaker 6: Oh God, I kept thinking, I don't even remember the guy's name.
Speaker 3: Before the one who falls asleep all the time. I mean, nobody knows presidents. That doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 15: Okay, listen, I paid for at the school auction, and everything you're saying to me sounds completely reasonable.
Speaker 3: Well, I tried to explain it to him as well. I met with him one on one and I said, Bryce, what about implementing a mandatory board game hour like Candyland or Shoots and Ladders, you know, like normal kids stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know what he said?
Speaker 3: He said, he wanted to do Monopoly.
Speaker 6: Monopoly what it is obviously so unfair to the middle class.
Speaker 3: I had to visto that.
Speaker 15: It sounds to me like my son has done nothing wrong and you don't know what you're doing at a school.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's reasonable that his monopoly idea, which was played in class, made his teacher cry? Why would the teacher cry because he basically shamed her for her teacher's salary.
Speaker 5: He changed her.
Speaker 6: I mean he didn't say that exactly, but can you imagine how it would feel to her not being able to buy a railroad?
Speaker 3: What alone broadway?
Speaker 13: I mean, are you for real?
Speaker 3: It has been a nightmare, ma'am. It has been a nightmare. There's even been a talk about a possible teacher walk out to protest. What all my masking is. If you could just talk to Bryce and ask him to step down from his post just a little early.
Speaker 15: I'm not going to ask him to step down. How about you step down for not wanting kids to learn anything?
Speaker 3: To see where he gets it from, you should be proud.
Speaker 6: Look, I can just get him on the phone with you and you tell him that he's wrong for trying to educate others without getting union approval.
Speaker 15: There is nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, hold on just one second, let me grab them.
Speaker 15: No, I'm talking to you. I'm not talking to my son.
Speaker 1: Hello that Bryce.
Speaker 3: Hello? You want me to tell your mom that this is a prank phone call?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Well, you're the principal. What did you say?
Speaker 6: Oh? Oh gosh, sorry, Yeah, Principal Bryce says he wants me to tell you you're getting phone tapped on the radio.
Speaker 15: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 6: This is actually Broke from the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and your husband Joel set.
Speaker 1: You up for a phone tap.
Speaker 15: It.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joel told us all about principal for the day, and you're kid and he.
Speaker 3: Thought it would be funny. I mean, I don't know why you're so worried that the teachers didn't know how to do division.
Speaker 11: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, when was the last time you did it without a calculator?
Speaker 1: Weeke up?
Speaker 7: Every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: In today's call, one of our listeners as a barista and says she did something that normally she would never do while working on the job. Wouldn't you know it, a cute guy was involved. Dah, So she took a risk in the name of love, and now well she's not getting a call back. I'm wondering when you hear this, all the baristas who are listening, would you ever do this with a customer that you found attractive? Text into seven eighty five nine two. You're gonna hear what happened in your brand new second date update right after this second date update. You never know when or where you're gonna meet the love of your life.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jeffrey, that's so nice.
Speaker 5: Like years ago, Brooke met a hunky traveling salesman named RL. She told us this story many many times on the show, but just to recap for anybody who doesn't know, after one steamy night involving a diner at the edge of town, passion took over, and to this day her husband firmly believes that those children are really his. It's a story that's as romantic as it is factually correct.
Speaker 3: That is not true at all.
Speaker 6: I have only fallen, truly, madly, deeply in love with one man, and that is my husband.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, name one of the kids middle names was Roy, after the real father too. Okay, so you love your husband, but you still married Roy.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's saying anything, Michael.
Speaker 5: Your love life confuses the hell me. It's hard to keep up with. All I'm trying to say is that love can strike anywhere at any time. That's great, even when you work as a barista at a coffee shop, like our listener Jacqueline does. So let's talk to her. Jacqueline. How you doing, I'm doing?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 5: How were you? Guys?
Speaker 3: You sound a little like sad or something. Are you all right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I just I need your help.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe Brook's love story brought you to tears. The salesman but I don't know, maybe got something else going on. Tell us about it.
Speaker 13: Well, like you said, I'm a barista at a coffee shop, and a couple of weeks ago it was, yeah, it's true, I like it.
Speaker 5: That's exactly the attitude that Alexis had when she used to work. There's like it's okay.
Speaker 13: Well, a couple of weeks ago, it was kind of a slow time of day and I ended up meeting this really nice customer and he ordered a latte, stopped and complimented me on my film art.
Speaker 6: With your what art foam art pictures?
Speaker 3: Did you put your phone number in the foam on the top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually hard to do that.
Speaker 13: It is hard because I actually didn't do any foam art.
Speaker 3: Why would he say that?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Maybe he was just trying to talk to me, but he goes, oh my god, like is that a dog's face? It looks just like my dog, Kevin.
Speaker 10: He's totally just like joking with you to get your to you.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I mean I think he knew I wasn't trying to do latche art because he said I was the Picasso of latche art.
Speaker 3: Passo that's abstract.
Speaker 5: That's not necessarily pretty art. It is just very.
Speaker 3: Cool in his cubism face.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sure, did you get his name?
Speaker 13: By the way, his name is Kenny. The dog's name is Kevin, after Kevin from the office.
Speaker 3: Chili. I mean, how did you parlay that into anything?
Speaker 13: Well, so you have been like really friendly and sweet, and I mean, I know this is kind of unprofessional, but since I didn't having a lot of customers coming in, he asked if I would sit with him a little bit.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, that is like, I feel like that's bold.
Speaker 6: I don't know that I could ever think of a scenario where I would ask any weight stuff to come sit with me.
Speaker 5: Although you did go to a Starbucks and try to ask out the baristas recently and they all said no.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 10: It couldn't be a good gauge, though, because if it's a dead empty coffee shop and she's like, oh no, I can't, he would be like, Okay, she's working.
Speaker 5: So here's my point.
Speaker 10: So she can say, oh, sorry, I'm working. She has an excuse. But if she says yes, I'll sit you, it's a huge sign.
Speaker 5: The balls in your court at this point. Jacqueline what'd you do?
Speaker 13: I said, yeah, sure, let me just you know, let my manager know I'm going to take my break.
Speaker 3: And oh you even did it? Like on the up and up?
Speaker 5: Ye should have done? Was it worth it? How did it go?
Speaker 7: It was good?
Speaker 13: Like we were laughing, getting to know each other, and he asked if I was single, and normally, whenever a customer asked me that I lie and I'm like, I'm married basically yeah yeah, but I was honest. I told him, yeah, I'm single. So he asked me for my number, and after he left, like even my co workers were like, oh my god, that was really cute.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: An immediate gauge. No, you get like I would love.
Speaker 6: If two of my girlfriends could always go on every date that I went on to like tell me whether or not at Witwell.
Speaker 5: Alexis if Brooks says, oh my god, that guy and you are really cute together. What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: It's just can I get someone else?
Speaker 5: But Jack? And this is a coworker whose opinion you actually respect.
Speaker 3: So wait, what's happened since?
Speaker 13: Well, we texted back and forth for a little bit, but like our last text exchange, we had was a few days ago and it was kind of weird, but he mustages me, So, what's up with Glenn? Does he still have his motorcycle?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 13: I don't know who Glenn? I don't know who Glenn or anyone with a motorcycle. I wrote, Haha, what are you talking about? And he said, oh, come on, stop saying koy with like a smirky face emoji. So I wrote, is this a game? And he never wrote back, and it was like kind of awkward, and I don't really sounds like.
Speaker 5: He was actually that conversations.
Speaker 3: If you put a smirky face, that means that you're not upset face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were you guys talking about out astronaut John Glenn at any point during your conversation in the coffee shop? Pretty sure he has a motorcycle. I'm trying to solve the mystery here who Glenn is. So we have no idea. Clearly Jacqueline doesn't know. We should probably just call him and try and see if he picks up and can give us some answers. Yeah, we will reach out to this guy Kenny and maybe to his dog Kevin and get you a second date update right after this. Okay, all right hold on second date update today, we have a mystery. We need to solve the mystery of Glenn and the motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Seriously is that?
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about this off the air and I have a theory because who else is notorious for driving a motorcycle around the traveling must his son cruise in the highways stealing women's hearts at night, just like his daddy did back in the Yes, I guess we've never done a double date second date. This is interesting. Roy Jacqueline, would you be up for doing a two four along with Brooke and Roy? If we can get Kenny to agree to this.
Speaker 13: I'm not sure about.
Speaker 6: You could turn it down, and I'm also kind of pissed. I get the old guy, Roy, and you get the young one.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you guys can work out an arrangement where you could swap halfway through the night or anything goes with Roy.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's concentrate on Wait, what's the guy's name now.
Speaker 5: Chris, No, it's Kenny. You gotta focus on Kenny with his dog cabin. Kenny is the one that she met when he walked into her coffee shop the other day made a comment about her foam art. So let's try and get that connection.
Speaker 6: Back, because after of that text, about that weird text he said about Glenn, this has to be just some misunderstanding that's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's so random.
Speaker 13: Maybe he accidentally texted the wrong person.
Speaker 5: Texting Yeah, and maybe he's embarrassed because he feels like he looked like an idiot. So let's give him a call and see what he has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Kenny.
Speaker 16: Mister Kenny.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kenny, nice to meet you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 6: What Yeah, oh man, this is your show, your favorite radio show.
Speaker 5: You're on the radio right now.
Speaker 16: Why are you calling me a great question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we're doing something called a second Date Update where we try to help our listeners work on their love connections with people that they meet out world. And you were somebody's love connection recently hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it sounds like you had a nice connection anyway.
Speaker 5: It's a girl named Jacqueline. Okay, remember you went to a coffee shop and you kind of had a nice little conversation with a barista there named Jacqueline, and you made a comment about like her foam art.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe you said it looked like your dog, Kevin.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 5: I do that a lot. Actually, that's a line.
Speaker 16: Why I've done that a few times?
Speaker 5: I mean, it is really funny and unique.
Speaker 3: But even if you've done it a few times.
Speaker 16: Like, yeah, well it's a few times, but you know it's been more like a few times this week.
Speaker 6: Actually, yea, how often.
Speaker 3: Do you do you drinking that munch coffee? And why?
Speaker 6: Like, why even why even ask her to sit with you? Why even ask if she's single?
Speaker 5: If you well, he can't even remember who this is.
Speaker 6: But like, if he's doing this all the time, what's your intention? It's obviously not to like have a relationship.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm actually really involved with a social media challenge right now.
Speaker 5: Social media might be part of it. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Wait, Jacqueline was part of it.
Speaker 16: Jacqueline was a part of that, even though you know, I don't know exactly who she was.
Speaker 5: Okay, what tell us? What what is this challenge that you're doing.
Speaker 16: It's a it's a challenge to help me be more social and improve my social skills with other people.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say so far talking to you, I'm not sure it's working.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean you come off almost like a player, bro like a social And.
Speaker 5: What is the challenge I don't understand.
Speaker 16: Well, I have to meet and engage with ten new people every day that I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 16: In the video it says that Mauristas are friendly and easy to talk to. So I send to hit a lot of coffee.
Speaker 5: So you're going to a lot of coffee places just striking up conversations, hoping to improve your own social skills. If you're not trying to pick up women necessarily, just be a better talker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she read that totally wrong. You know that. I mean, like you guys were too smooth. Yeah, but what did you think when she was texting you? And who the hell is Glenn?
Speaker 5: Yeah? She said, she said, there was a message that you said about someone named Glenn in his motorcycle. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 16: That was actually meant for someone else if.
Speaker 11: I did that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we thought that I.
Speaker 16: Was talking to a lot of people at once.
Speaker 5: So are you single? Can I ask that?
Speaker 16: Yes? I'm single?
Speaker 6: Are you wait, are you interested in dating any of these strangers that you talked.
Speaker 5: To or are you just looking for like a million new friends? Because Brooke bought all of her friends on it Instagram, so that probably be an easier route to go. Just a recommendation.
Speaker 3: I know someone who did, but that.
Speaker 5: Was what's the goal here?
Speaker 7: Love?
Speaker 5: We're just friendship.
Speaker 16: I can't say I'm not interested in love. I am interested in love, but I'm really engaged in this challenge that I'm doing, and I want to see it all the way through, and I want to finish it. And it's taken up so much of my time that I haven't really had any to go out on dates at all.
Speaker 5: What is interesting? Okay, how long until you finish it? How much longer?
Speaker 16: I got a little over three weeks left?
Speaker 3: What that's a lie?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 6: You you could like meet a waiter at the same time you're on a date with somebody. Maybe no, try to you know likes one.
Speaker 5: Stone wants you to quit on your challenge. But I have a better idea. Let's try and keep improving on your social skills by reconnecting you with that barista Jackelin because he's on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 16: Oh wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, that's how the segment works. Jacqueline, you're there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Jacqueline, how are you feeling. I'm okay, a little disappointed.
Speaker 16: I'm you're sorry that we got a misunderstanding going. I mean, I didn't mean to let it get to that point. Like I said, I'm just trying to work on my social skills and complete this challenge.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Just hearing your voice though and thinking about it, it has taking me back some. He's a lovely girl I talked to with the blonde, curly hair.
Speaker 13: I'm I'm a brunette.
Speaker 5: Oh, but it's like a light blonde. Okay, if it makes you feel any better, Jacqueline Brooke has worked with people here for years and can't remember their names or who they are.
Speaker 7: Jo.
Speaker 6: If I saw Jeffrey in a grocery store, just walk right past it, no idea.
Speaker 5: I'd walk practice myself if I could.
Speaker 13: I have to ask you a question really quick.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Do you really have a dog best named Kevin like Kevin from the office.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I do actually have a dog.
Speaker 5: There was a long pause.
Speaker 3: Have the dog hold up a newspaper? I need a picture a minute.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's just a social skills kicking. That might have been part of it, but look, the whole reason that we do these calls is to try and set you up on another date. So we would offer to send you guys out one more time to another restaurant or maybe another coffee shop, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the thing is that you really need to think about here.
Speaker 6: I keep wanting to call you, Kevin Kenny.
Speaker 3: Is the challenge worked?
Speaker 6: Like you've you've made real connections, you have someone who wants to go further. I would say that's winning the challenge that you wouldn't even need to do the three weeks because because you've already improved so much, like she wants to be out with you.
Speaker 16: I mean, I'm glad y'all think it's improving my skills and everything, but uh, yeah, I really want to see it through to the end. You know, I'm not a quitter.
Speaker 5: That doesn't mean you have to say no to the date though. Yeah, we'll still send you out with Jacqueline though after your challenge is done in three.
Speaker 16: Weeks, Well that might be really nice.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we got to it might be nice.
Speaker 3: Is that Are you willing to wait for that Jacqueline.
Speaker 13: I mean, I still feel like the conversations we've had have been good, and even if it just sends that being a friend thing i've I'd still like to go out in the weeks if you want to.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, she just wants to be around you, no matter what the vibe is.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 5: All right, well I'm calling it. This is a successful second date up date. We're gonna weekend that too.
Speaker 16: Okay, Okay, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: Awesome sweet people like this. And by the way, Kenny, I just need to ask, do you possibly have a father named Roy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Kenny, if you do, tell him to call in for a double date update. He'll know what it means. Jeffrey in the morning. Man, this is a great example of you know, sometimes all you have to do in life is just step outside of your comfort zone, try something new, and then naturally, love will just find its way in.
Speaker 6: I don't know it's love or friendship or something, but yes, yeah, I agree with your sentiment.
Speaker 3: Like I think this was so cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he was just trying to push himself out of his normal comfort zone.
Speaker 3: And he did a great job. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, he has multiple people texted him. I'm guessing she's not the only one that thinks that he's flirting with her.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Probably what I mean, it's funny because he's not trying, which makes girls like guys when they don't try to.
Speaker 5: He's literally not trying. He just wants to talk to somebody and move on. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So vicariously, girls are like, hello, yeah, playing hard to get Yeah.
Speaker 5: I swear it works. Just push yourself out there into something you don't normally do. So, Jose, what do you think skydiving classes movie? Oh my god, it worked for Kenny.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think that that's what Kenny.
Speaker 5: Oh great, my girlfriend is gonna see me pee my parents. But whatever you want, we can help you out with your dating life, at least try to. You can email the show at Brooke and Jeffrey. We'll call that person who isn't calling you.
Speaker 7: Back Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Brook. Have you ever had to google the answer to something that your kid asked you just so that you wouldn't look like an idiot?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but my kids know I'm kind of an idiot, so it's not like I'm still.
Speaker 3: Honest with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When they asked like, Mom, can you google this?
Speaker 3: They don't even ask exactly.
Speaker 5: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning. There's a new poll updated on the pole. I'd ask thousands of parents with children ages six and under, and the average person says they can't answer half of the questions that their kid asks without looking it up anymore. Wo yeah, I bet The most common questions just have to do with the things that kids are simply trying to understand about the world around right, Like how do planes stay up in the air?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 3: Magic?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: My dad work for going? He'd like it called left?
Speaker 10: Yeah, hit accident when you hit these miles an hour?
Speaker 5: And I'd be like, never mind, dad, you actually retained that pretty listening? Or how does a cell phone work? Okay, I don't Why does mommy only put on makeup when the pool cleaner man comes around the house? Wait a minute, Google has no answers. The parents were also asked the name of the most interesting question that their child has ever asked them, and some of the best ones were why don't have eyebrows?
Speaker 3: They'd be so much more expressive, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Little mister crabs from SpongeBob. Another question, what's faster fire? Or dust. It depends.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with fire. I'm putting my money on fire, not even going to google it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why do you want to know the answer to that question? Yeah?
Speaker 7: True?
Speaker 5: And finally, why don't babies come out of mommy's mouth? Wouldn't that be easier?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man? Honestly, but it's easy. I'll tell you that much bigger.
Speaker 5: Open Brooke, Why are you doing it the hard way? Make it easy on yourself? And it's thanks to questions like those and stuff they learn in school. Eighty one percent of parents say they'd learn just as much from their child as their child learns from math.
Speaker 3: I'm I tell you, I feel so much smarter post kids. It's like I am going back to elementary school right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Teacher sending us YouTube videos on how to do long division. I'm like, yes, let's go.
Speaker 5: Number one place for kids to learn weird stuff to teach their mom and dad is during laser stories. Yea, So make sure you're listening, kids, it's coming up next. It's the radio segment that's trying to find his niche market for his new business.
Speaker 14: Called BCBBBB blood Curdling Baby Bellies, where he'll paint the faces of famous horror film villains onto your pregnant tummyl I like it right now?
Speaker 5: He can only do Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw, and Jason from Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Can I get an alien baby coming out?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 3: Like give me that's walking on?
Speaker 5: That's so stay tuned for Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. There's other scream queens, just don't. This first laser story is out of East Texas. A guy named Roderick Jackson is suing Walmart and demanding one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, that seems reasonable.
Speaker 5: Else for like a ten thousand dollars settlement. Roderick claims Walmart violated his civil rights after he was accused of shoplifting back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Well it shouldn't have that stake up shirt then, Roger.
Speaker 5: Well, he claims he was racially profiled, and even though they have video evidence of the incident, oh, he says, it's not right that it happened.
Speaker 3: He actually shoplifted, he.
Speaker 5: Did, but he was racially profiled when he was caught. So, in fact, he's still dealing with the emotional stress from when they sent him to jail for it. What way, it's Walmart's fault for catching.
Speaker 3: Him, oh said try.
Speaker 5: Roger currently does not have an attorney, so he does it.
Speaker 3: He's doing it on his own.
Speaker 5: This is himself. An attorney would.
Speaker 3: Say he's got too much time in jail.
Speaker 5: But under the lawyer esque letter that he sent to Walmart, he added a note in pencil scribbled below that said, if you don't give me the hundred million dollars, I want the ability to walk into any Walmart for the rest of my life and take whatever I want. It's more reasonable this out.
Speaker 10: Guys, imagine being able to run up and steal anything. Everyone's looking at you like you're crazy, and you're like, don't worry, I have a life, I remember, and then you run out.
Speaker 5: It feels like it's totally fair.
Speaker 3: You'd have to run if you do it, okay everyone.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, he might not have much of a case, yeah, because he filed a similar lawsuit a few years back that got dismissed and Walmart put out a statement saying, yes, we know about Roderick's latest attempt to sue us him and we will be asking the courts to dismiss any claims that are without merit. Again the Rodericks response. He also wants Walmart to pay all of his court fees. Man, what's it like to be a Walmart lawyer in all the cramp that you have to deal with every single ye, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 10: It's just like, yeah, dismiss, dismiss, dismiss.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of you too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: This next Lazer stories out of Bellevue, Nebraska, yesterday, the local police department had to make a rather odd announcement online. It read, if you live in old town Bellevue and are currently pouring gas onto the snow and trying to light it on fire as a form of snow removal, you cannot do that. You started that, They added, our officers are on the way to talk to you now, and.
Speaker 3: That is like the most expensive form of snow.
Speaker 5: There aren't any further details, but it doesn't sound like anybody was hurt. But it also didn't say if the person would get in trouble for doing it, But many other people commented saying a lot of their neighbors were actually gonna try it now.
Speaker 10: Because of the post, Like someone like, Hey, I'm gonna go get the iceches off the room.
Speaker 5: Hey mag get the fly thrower. Yeah, I never thought of doing that before.
Speaker 6: It always works out well when people use flamethrowers to kill spiders, So I don't understand that would.
Speaker 3: Be an issue impossible.
Speaker 5: When contacted, the police just reiterated that setting snow on fire is a bad idea, although a few years ago someone did post the video of themselves using a flamethrower to clear out their driveway dressed as Eddie from Christmas vacation, and because of the costume that was pretty dope.
Speaker 3: Police department actually liked that.
Speaker 5: Okay, this next lazer stories out of life on the Open Road. The federal government's ordering states to stop putting funny messages on highway sides.
Speaker 10: I'm like, I'm so rys federal government such a buzz kick.
Speaker 5: Sometimes for wondering. We're talking about the light up ones that normally say things like buckle up or don't drink and drive. Well, a lot of places have tried to get more creative with other versions that say visiting in laws, slow down, get.
Speaker 3: There late, But that would actually be effective.
Speaker 5: A little bit of a catch twenty two because studies have shown that messages which include humor or pop culture references can be good because they're more likely to remember them, but they can also be more dangerous because they take longer to read, and they cause more crashes because of distracted driving.
Speaker 3: Because people try and take pictures post on social media and go viral.
Speaker 5: Or like when you listen to our show, you laugh so hard you close your eyes. The next thing you know, big accident.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard at a roadside.
Speaker 5: Well, I just don't get it. And I'm thinking for so long because of all the problems we just mentioned, they're going away.
Speaker 3: Somebody hacked the system.
Speaker 5: Let's get some messages. Not until we go over the top. Funniest highway messages that we've ever seen?
Speaker 3: All right, mom, Live highway messages number seven.
Speaker 5: What's worse than pineapple on pizza? A car wreck that was a cable road side? Somebody?
Speaker 3: How much space do these road signs have? I mean, I know they're reader boards, but at some point don't they run out of letters?
Speaker 5: A scroll options number six, A texting and driving one simply said get your head out of your apps. I like that one Horsbrook like said. Number five. One sign read there's four eyes in Mississippi two eyes on the road?
Speaker 6: Is the federal government actually shutting this down because the humor is that bad?
Speaker 5: Bad joke? I think Kevin Hart made them shut it down because he's worried they're coming after his job.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do we got next?
Speaker 5: These are the funniest highway signs that are now banned from being on the roads. Number four Baby Yoda uses the force, but yours still needs a car seat. I'll go Number three on the fourth of July one red don't drive, stars spangled hammered because hammered and banner almost ryot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Number two. There was a few that embraced the new England accent. That's say use you a bla and go the extra yad this weekend drive so by agg Pack and one of the funniest highway messages from last year used a Ghostbusters reference that said, who are you gonna call nobody? You're driving?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know this guy appreciates it when you slow down go too fast, he keeps getting rugburns, foot off the accelerator. That now means laser stories has come to an end for the day. We're gonna do it again, same time.
Speaker 7: On Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: So far Brook has only lost one time this year. But for some reason, I just have this gut feeling that it's gonna happen again today in the studio. Wants to bet me because I'm the lost column digital Jake Jose Is anybody for Brook this morning? Let me get sports better? I take the over on Brooks. Sorry, you're you're gonna go with Brook.
Speaker 3: He's always got my bet.
Speaker 5: Loser has to trade pants with Brook for the rest of the day, all right, can get some tighter pants.
Speaker 6: No, it is my rule that I will never trade pants with a man because I'm always concerned that mine will be too.
Speaker 5: Well shirts, some sort of article of clothing. So let's meet today's challenger. His name is Mark, and this is a fair bet because overall he is one and one against Brook all time. Good.
Speaker 3: But what's his pants size? That's what I actually want to know.
Speaker 5: Mark, Where are you at with that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be tight?
Speaker 5: Mark? What's your confidence level going into today's game eight?
Speaker 3: Alright? He seemed like a calm man.
Speaker 5: He's in a good mood. He's in high spirit. So let's send Brook out of the studio and while he leaves, Mark, you know the game works. He got their seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brook outright to win. Are you ready? Let's go for it? All right, I'm on your side here, Let's beat Brook your time. I'm sorry, but I'm not on your side.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 5: I have a bet on the important people in this room are on your side. Your time starts now. Jim Carrey celebrates a birthday today? Is he in his fifties or sixties? Art that's entirely made up of small pieces of glass is called what.
Speaker 7: Pa?
Speaker 5: What is the national sport of Japan? I'll think which country was founded first? The US or Australia. Australia designed to be deleted is the tagline for what dating app? Who is the only president to receive a purple heart? All right? Good work?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean those were tough questions and I'm reading them and I can see the answers in front of me, and I still think that you shouldn't say you're like top.
Speaker 10: And then she's gonna get a bunch right, and then you're gonna look like a fool.
Speaker 5: I will see. I'm still pretty comp I think I just came in and I don't like it. Now I'm looking at my phone screener here and Mark says in twenty twenty four, his focus is on shoulder issues. Are you trying to get some or get rid of them? It's not clear on the screen. Are here out to people?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, what's with you and shoulder issues?
Speaker 3: I just need a heal.
Speaker 5: That's probably a rotator, got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's time and age.
Speaker 5: We'll get you every time exactly. All right, Brooks, your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 11: God?
Speaker 3: Both my shoulders so great. Not to rub it in, rub it in, but wow, I'm loose and ready yourself.
Speaker 5: Get that shirt, ready to trade? Your time starts now. Jim Carrey celebrates a birthday today. Is he in his fifties or sixties?
Speaker 3: Fifties?
Speaker 5: Art that's entirely made up of small pieces of glass is called what? What is the national sport of Japan? Base? Which country was founded first? US or Australia. Australia Designed to be deleted is the tagline for which dating app Tinder. Who is the only president to receive the purple heart.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Carter, what is I don't know, why is that funny? Is it gonna be Roosevelt?
Speaker 9: It's always Jim Carter.
Speaker 3: Carter always does all the good things, right.
Speaker 5: Put him in there the scoreboard and see how you all did with Jose Holy crap. I don't need this.
Speaker 7: March.
Speaker 5: I'm betting against you today. So I wanted you to get a little scoring and you got one, I know.
Speaker 3: And Brooke give me two.
Speaker 5: Down, yeah, barn Burner today. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to beat brook here Mark, But let's go over the answers. Jim Carrey has a birthday today. He is in his sixties, turning sixty two years old. Art that's entirely made up a small piece of glasses called a mosaic. The national sport of Japan is sumo wrestling. Good catch. Yeah. Between the US and Australia, the US was founded first in seventeen seventy six. Australia wasn't a country till nineteen oh one. So weird.
Speaker 3: I think it's crazy. It's just a continent.
Speaker 5: Its continent designed to be deleted as the tagline for the dating app Hinge and the only president to ever receive the Purple Heart was John F. Kennedy, who entered his back in the navy when his boat collided with an enemy's boat in battle. Interesting, okay, kind of the same way Mark got his shoulder issues. Well, we can't give you a whole lot on this show. I wish we could give you a purple heart just for participating. But what we will do is send you a fifty dollars Macy's gift card in celebration of National Use your Gift Card Day on Saturday, January twenty first, you could treat yourself to something nice. Well, thank you, Mark.
Speaker 3: Did you learn anything from your missteps here today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're pretty tough.
Speaker 11: Love that you're good.
Speaker 16: Continues.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be back.
Speaker 5: We'll do Windbrooks Bucks the same time
Speaker 7: Tomorrow, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.