Speaker 1: So I'm up here at my parents and one of the things about Okay, so you guys, you have made fun of my school that I went to. But yes, your school were you very much a haphazard situation. Let's let's put it that way. My school was called none such. It was wonderful for me. It was great for a lot of kids. But yes, in retrospect, there was some some some weirdness about it, and you know, some some things. But one of the coolest things is that we very illegally we found out because it got shut down. Like the next year we had welding class. Like we got to work with metal and whenever we wanted to.
Speaker 2: You learned how to smelt exactly. That's how you made your wife's ring.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, it is. We were like making sculptures. We were like doing like torching metal, like big pieces of metal. Yeah, dude, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it.
Speaker 1: Was the greatest.
Speaker 3: Like and like we had made one teacher who was incredible.
Speaker 1: He was also my physics teacher and my French teacher, and he was like amazing with metal working. He was just a genius in all around. And he would just like sit there and work with us on whatever we wanted to make. So like I made for my parents and they still have it. I made this like candle holder, like twirling like a swirl. It took a lot of work and whatever. So one of the things about redwood trees is they're really easy to climb if you can get past the first ten to fifteen feet because there's no branches the first ten fifteen feet. Then once you get up there, it's like climbing a ladder. There's branches everywhere, they're all solid, and you just climb up and you can make it one hundred hundred and fifty feet in the air. It's amazing. But there were only certain trees on our property that we could climb because they would have like either another tree fallen next to it that you could get up to, or you'd have to find some way to get past the first ten fifteen feet. So in like eighth grade, I decided in my welding class to make a grappling hook. I love it, and I spent weeks making you know, a fool on Batman grappling. Yeah, I like, and I you know, it just became this like it was my focus. I'm like, I'm gonna be able to climb so many trees. I'm going to be able to like, oh, we're gonna tree right, and so like I remember my buddy Tim, who was like a big welder two helped me and like we got this thing into perfect shape. I made this beautiful grappling hook and I've even put like a little thing on the bottom so I could tie a rope to it. And man, this was like back in the day when you couldn't just like buy grappling hooks. I'm sure now you just go on Amazon you can find like grappling hook but back then, like this is you know, you had to make yourself. So I made this thing, brought it home. I climbed like two.
Speaker 3: Trees before I lost it.
Speaker 1: We weren't just like somehow, Yeah, I think what happened is like I mean, it was glorious. Id it up like these there's a couple of rove trees that I couldn't make it up before I made it up. But then somehow I either like left it hanging in.
Speaker 2: A tree and he left it in a leather jacket.
Speaker 3: I left it in a leather jacket. He chose to leave me.
Speaker 4: You left an airport in a shuttle.
Speaker 1: So I've always had this, like, what happened to the great beautiful grappling hook that I made?
Speaker 2: Did you find it?
Speaker 1: So Shilah walks into the house yesterday, No, and he goes, you know what was wedged into a tree down there?
Speaker 2: You're kidding me?
Speaker 1: And so, just so we all know the difference between childhood imagination and reality, Let's think about the beautiful grappling hook that I had made, you know, the sleek's perfect one.
Speaker 5: Now the glory a little rested down and clearly got pretty bent out of shape because there's no way but this, this was the glory.
Speaker 4: Have you not seen that since high school?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 3: No, since eighth grade or yeah, ninth grade or whatever.
Speaker 2: Man, look at the glory being in a tree for thirty years.
Speaker 3: I melted all of this. I had to, like, you know, weld all the Oh.
Speaker 2: Man, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm gonna take it out and try and climb some trees today.
Speaker 4: Oh man, maybe the leather jack it'll come back.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll find the leather tagul at the top of the.
Speaker 4: Top of the tree.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Now.
Speaker 3: I believe I was saying, I can't believe it. Like I always thought, like why would it have gone anywhere?
Speaker 1: Like, how could it? How could a thing of metal just disappear in the woods? And sure enough it hadn't it just you know, took my brother to find it some thirty five years or whatever.
Speaker 2: Man, Wow, what was Shiloh out there doing just finding solid.
Speaker 4: Working with other grappling hooks?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I think what happened is because where he found it is like an area where my dad collects things like like garbage and stuff that is found like that.
Speaker 2: So I think you have an area where your dad collects garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to do dump trips. We don't have garbage. You do now have garbage service, but we used to. No, we used to have to load all of our garbage and then like my dad would go every month or two months and take it to the dump. So there's an area of the property that is you know, this like small little crappy section where like crap that's going to the dump goes and Chila found it there. So it's like, uh so obviously my dad found it probably multiple years ago, doesn't even remember, and just threw it in there or threw it in that area thinking like maybe somebody needs this, and so.
Speaker 2: Wow, somebody does it. Somebody named bright or strong needs any year old, amazing, unbelievable. Well, congratulations to you. And now that I see what you're capable of making and the beauty of it, I'm gonna need to see your wife's ring to see if not.
Speaker 1: Great, much prettier and not as rusty, but same sort of globby action, you know, like welding.
Speaker 4: Just like, can you use it to climb a tree? Is thee?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it also a grappling hook?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 1: I wait?
Speaker 4: I have I have a logistical question about said tree climbing. So you'd throw it up there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you.
Speaker 4: Then climb the rope? Free climb the rope or would you put your feet on the tree and use your feet and cause free climbing a rope is very difficult. You have to have knots, So you put knots in the rope right right, so you have like rips.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the idea is hopefully you can put brace yourself against the tree and just climb up and it's just the first ten feet whatever You get to that first branch and then you're just like I swear redwoods are the easiest to climb because then it's like it's just there's branches everywhere, and would.
Speaker 4: You climb up one hundred hundred and fifty feet Yeah, dude, like the one.
Speaker 1: I mean, we got interviewed for like entertainment tonight in a redwood tree. Like they came to interview us and they were like, you guys, climb those trees. Were like yeah, and they're like, we'll get up there and we'll do the interview from the top of a redwood tree. So there's actually somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know where it is, and.
Speaker 1: I'm sure my parents have a copy of it on VHS. But like we sat in because we had our different trees, like Shiloh had his tree, I had my tree, Like we had different you know, and I'd go up there and read and hang out. Like the Shiloh put a hammock on the top of his and I was sitting in it and it broke on me. Yeah, I like literally not a branch and yeah, I reading a book and like swinging in this thing and all the ropes just fray. It's terrifying. But yeah, but I mean they're really easy trees to climb, but you know you are really high. I mean, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Fifty per chance of dying, but they're easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you got to die to hearing, which is awesome. It's how we all should go.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Pond, me to our old I'm Danielle Official.
Speaker 4: I'm right or Strong, and I'm wilfredell Well.
Speaker 2: The song so fast I'll never know. Oh my gosh, so good. Okay, Well, welcome to this episode Upon Meets World. We are recapping season four, episode three. I ain't gonna spray, let us know more. It originally aired on October fourth, nineteen nine. Before we jump into our recap, I wanted to let you guys know that we recently got an email from listener Melissa B. Who wanted to clarify some recent questions we had about adoption and guardianship. So she said, I am an adoption worker in Michigan, and I wanted to add to your discussion about guardianship and adoption. You guys summed it up really well, but I wanted to add that a guardianship dissolves when a child turns eighteen, versus the adoption is meant to be a lifelong and forever family. So adoption is a more permanent goal than guardianship. Nice, So that makes sense that any sort of guardianship you have is for only the time you're a minor, and interesting dissolves the minute that person becomes of legal adult.
Speaker 1: Ships overseen them through that period exactly.
Speaker 4: I also, I don't do social media much, but I'm guessing when I do do it, I don't do I did. I wouldn't cry as much as at the guardianship uh story videos as much as I do the ones where the kids find out they're getting adopted and like burst into tears. So that's a difference too, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that is a big We usually can tell the difference and stuff by whether or not you cry at it, correct, especially because you don't cry.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't occasionally again guardianship those will do it, and Sullivan Blues Letter from Civil War does it every time.
Speaker 2: So our synopsis for today's episode, Alan quits his job at the grocery store without discussing it with Amy, so in retaliation, Amy promises to also make a drastic decision without consulting the rest of the family. Nervous about the turn of events, Corey has Sean give him tips on being poor. It was directed by Jeff McCracken. It was written by Mark Blutman and Howard bus Gang and guest starring incredible character actor Dick O'Neill as mister Kimball. You may recognize him from The Jerk or around one hundred different TV shows, including Home Improvement, La Law, Cheers, Car fifty four, Where Are You? And three episodes of Man.
Speaker 4: And three good episodes of Mash Too. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, he was in eight Across, he was in Yeah, he yes.
Speaker 2: So did you talk to him about this while he was here this week?
Speaker 4: I can't remember. I must have, I mean I must have, but I can't remember because I knew, you know, he played Admiral Cox and so yeah, I mean I had to have. But he was a yeah, huge character actor, especially across television. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Sadly, he actually passed away two years after this Boy Meets World appearance, at the age of only seventy.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, doesn't seem that at all.
Speaker 2: He's not old at all.
Speaker 4: That sucks.
Speaker 2: So as if, as if that wasn't enough character actor magic, we also have George Weiner, who appears as Frank and it would be impossible to not recognize him. He was everywhere in the eighties, including his scene stealing role as Colonel Sanders and Spaceballs. He has over two hundred credits all in the family, Fletch, fifty seven episodes of Hill Street, Blues, Married with Children, The Devil's Advocate, not another teen movie. It goes on forever, and he is still working, appearing in a Million Little Things, Reboot and Loot just last year.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he's been around forever. Awesome and Fletch too, oh so funny, so great.
Speaker 2: So do you guys want to talk? Overall impressions of the episode.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a totally fine episode.
Speaker 2: I liked it, loved it.
Speaker 4: I love to do I it. I loved watching Rusty, he was so good.
Speaker 2: I loved watching Betsy. Yeah, Rusty, Rusty, He's been given having them. And and I really in particular loved that when that kitchen scene and she goes, okay, you get to do that, so do I. And for one thing, the tension is so high at the opening of it, and part of it, I feel like is because there was very little audience reaction. It felt very like quiet and still in there, which made it feel very ominous. But the thing I loved is that my first thought, and probably what petty, angry little Danielle would do, is I'd want to make a bad decision like I was. I was thinking that purposefully to make him go, oh, I shouldn't do this. And that's where I thought, I wonder what she's gonna do. It's gonna be some almost vindictive. That's the first place I went to, is that her decision, I'm worsting you whatever, I'm you know, something correct, something like that, And instead it's just and I love that it was her, that it's hers that, like, this major life decision ended up being because of Amy, and because we have often said why couldn't it have been Amy? Why couldn't Amy do this? And in this one it was And I didn't remember it and I didn't see it coming, and so I really liked it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have to say, so far season four are starting, Gangbusters were three for three solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know that I loved one as much as I loved two and three. One. I liked, I liked it, I was on board for it. There were some things that I was like, huh, but boy, two and three and now what is this? Is this four?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: This is three?
Speaker 2: Three? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Very happy?
Speaker 2: Really, I really so far.
Speaker 4: And that's what everybody said. Everybody said, Oh, you guys are gonna love season four.
Speaker 2: We're only three episodes so far.
Speaker 4: So far, I'm happy. I'm happy we've made it this far.
Speaker 2: Because it's great, right or what are your thoughts? You said it was a fine episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, it just it it felt very like, you know, tight good, but also a little more like, uh, sitcomy.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was going to say, the kids on the stairs and some of my responses are very kind of sit commy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, it felt very like it was like a which which is great, that's what we are. I guess I'm just used to Boy Meets World always having a little bit of weirdness to it or a little bit of like uneven like. And besides the dramatic like ends of scenes, which I thought were a little like whoa, that's cool and good, there wasn't that much that stood out or would separate this from like a home improvement episode or like a solid other family sitcom, you know. And that's so that's just a little that secret sauce that now I've come to expect from our show, and instead it was like a pretty Runald the Mill sitcom episode, you know, which is good and totally fine, but it did feel like a different show, in part maybe because I just haven't seen these actors carrying the show, and so maybe that's part of what I'm feeling is just like it felt like a different show. I could sort of see it as a sitcom because it's you know, it's not Corey, it's not Sean, it's not Eric, it's not Topanga, like we're there. But this was clearly just being driven by Rusty and Betsy, which is great for them, but it didn't feel as familiar. I'm not as comfortable in it.
Speaker 4: And the guests and the guest cast, all the guest cast were adults. It wasn't kid you know, so the storyline was all driven by adults, which is something we haven't really seen before.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I felt the same way about it being sick commy, but I felt like, in a weird way, we needed a sit comy episode, like one that was kind of the Kids on the Stairs, Yeah, like a sorbet, you know, the Kids on the Stairs.
Speaker 3: A totally serviceable Boy.
Speaker 1: Meets World episode. You know, like this would be in the top fifty. Everyone would watch and be like, yeah, totally, but is it? Is it memorable? I mean beyond the fact that we now introduced the store.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like I don't know if there's.
Speaker 1: A line I would quote or beat. I don't know. It's just kind of like came and went.
Speaker 4: But I had a couple of lines in this that I would quote quite a bit, and one of them was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yees because you were doing straight up side felt like three different times.
Speaker 6: Tony made fun of me for that, and that's why I thought he was in this episode, because he would say that to me all year.
Speaker 4: Gap it's gap, I know, and I'm like, wait, is Tony not even in this episode.
Speaker 1: I used to say that when you did the Seinfeld line reading what like last season, I remember, this is the line that I always remembered and we would always quote to you. But then I was like, did will ever actually say that on the show or did we just do this offstet so to hear that it was actually on the show, it's like, oh okay, and it's.
Speaker 4: So blatantly Seinfeld like it is so blatantly.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's like an homage, right, I'm assuming that the idea was to do Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: But it was so blatant. It was just I wasn't trying to hide anything.
Speaker 2: Well, jumping into our recap, we start in the Matthew's kitchen. Eric comes down the stairs, announcing to Amy he's gonna do something he hasn't done in a very long time. He then hugs her and says, hold me, mommy. Amy pats is back and comforts him. He only applied for one job. There are plenty more out there, and his best Seinfeld impression will slash. Eric complains it wasn't just any job. It was the Gup. If anyone should be working at the Gup, it's me. Look, I'm Gap as he shows off his white T shirt, sweater, vest combo. Eric tells her even in the shower.
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm Gap.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Amy asks if he put put that on in his interview, and Eric says they told him he wasn't qualified, so he told him a monkey could work there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Then Corey walks downstairs and says he was walking by the Gap yesterday and they had a monkey selling jeans. Eric shouts, I gave them that idea. Corey responds, next time you go out for a job, wear a diaper and smoke a cigar. People like that, and it's here. I realized at the beginning of the episode, I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 4: I was gonna I know exactly where you're going. And I was like, it can't be.
Speaker 2: Yes, it can't be there, and it has to be, because that'd be the only one. So on Disney Plus where I was watching it, it says up at the top, then it's a TV Y seven first, Yeah, tobacco depictions.
Speaker 3: I saw that too. I saw that too.
Speaker 1: I was like, did we ever smoke on the show? What is happeningbody?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: The last episode too, because of the pipe in Ben's mouth.
Speaker 4: But that made sense at least a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well he's using a pipe or he's.
Speaker 4: Put in a pipe and has a reference to I said that to Sue. I was like, did we did we smoke? Did somebody smoking? She went, well, no, there's the cigar reference. It's like, oh, can't be That's.
Speaker 2: It, Isn't it funny? It's so weird.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad you mentioned that.
Speaker 2: So funny. It's about a monkey smoking.
Speaker 4: We have to do it that we talk about. You don't even see the monkey smoking a cigar.
Speaker 3: Those monkeys can put on a lot of peer pressure.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what when you see the monkey smoking, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Cute is smoking or how cool a monkey is?
Speaker 1: I would rather you do heroin, Danielle. I would rather serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: First time I ever bought weed was from a monkey.
Speaker 2: I think this this first exchange, the Gateway Drive.
Speaker 1: This exchange is when I was I mean, like even just hearing you do this synopsis that is like the most sitcom run of it is the gap. I was saw a monkey and then here he comes, saw a monkey and they're smoking. You should smoke. It was just like that kind of like when I into my head, I was like, oh, this is like joking, big joke episode, Like this is just gonna be this. It's going to keep him rolling right And by the way, we I forgot to mention one of Ben's best episodes in a long time. He is so funny. In this episode. He kills itat again larious when he is a supporting comic like relief guy. He goes for it in a way that I think he doesn't when he has to carry the show.
Speaker 3: And so Corey's allowed to.
Speaker 1: Just be so funny.
Speaker 4: He's having so much fun.
Speaker 1: He's having so much fun in this episode, and like, yeah, even in this little extrage, you could tell he's just like Love's coming in and being able to sing and walk away.
Speaker 7: It's so fun.
Speaker 4: They've also completely now changed his look. We talked about this last time, but he.
Speaker 8: Is now fully tight shirts tucked in with a belt with a belt.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah yeah. So a grumpy Allan appears just as Morgan comes in from the living room, asking for twenty five dollars for a class picture. Alan's surprised it's that much money. How big is your class? Morgan responds, The teacher said, if I don't pay today, they're gonna air brush me out. Alan opens his wallet, Fine, fine, take take. Corey butts in, telling Alan to keep his wallet open because he has pictures too. Alan asks what grade he's in, which Corey responds eleventh. Alan snaps his wallet shut. We've got enough of you also, eleventh grade.
Speaker 4: Yep. Eric should have gone to college three years ago. Right, boy meets world math. Yeah, it's total boy me because that means that Eric would then be a junior in college college. Yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any You started in tenth grade, and we started in sixth grade, right.
Speaker 6: Right, and then they jumped you ahead season two again.
Speaker 4: We had two little sisters, you know what, moving.
Speaker 2: Right along doesn't matter. I just wanted. I just was like, oh, same, Okay, it's at least said out loud. We're in eleventh grade, and so next year when we graduate, it won't be a shock. Then it's a shock a little bit right now? Right, okay?
Speaker 4: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And I love that joke. We have enough pictures of you. Alan begrudgingly opens his wallet again and says again, fine, fine, take take. He adds he's gonna work Sundays, even though he's not thrilled working there on weekdays. He takes a stand. He's going to do something about his job. Eric stands up, you can't quit. I can't support this family. I'm not a monkey. Alan's a little confused, but he lets it go, and then Alan says he's going to ask for a raise. Amy asks if that will make him happy. And he responds happier than I am now and I'm not coming back into this house until I get it, and he exits. Then, still in the Matthew's kitchen optical flip, Alan is standing awkwardly outside When Morgan asks why is Dad outside? Amy opens the door and asks, you didn't get it. Alan excitedly says he actually did get it. He told Pete they need to talk, and Pete told him there's nothing to talk about. Here's five thousand dollars. Amy's happy to hear this news, telling Alan come inside, sit in a nice chair. Alan admits he thinks he could have gotten even more. Amy insists, then sit in the nice chair and use the nice phone and call Pete and ask for it.
Speaker 1: Pete, now do we know? I wonder if our listeners will know?
Speaker 4: Is Pete the.
Speaker 1: Same boss that he had to confront in the Shady Mellon episode? Remember, because that was what the whole Shady Melon was, right, him practicing me going in to talk to his boss. I wonder if Pete was used back then.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't remember a name being used back then.
Speaker 4: I do, but I remember it as Shady Melon, right, So that's Yeah.
Speaker 2: That doesn't help, So Alan admits calling Pete wouldn't make much sense. Then he spills the beans, telling Amy, I don't work there anymore. I quit. Amy and the kids look at him shocked, while Alan acts like it's no big deal. He goes on with his dinner, asking Corey to pass him the potato potatoes. Not just one potato potatoes, whole potatoes. He goes on with his dinner, asking Corey to pass him the potatoes, and.
Speaker 4: Will you look like you were going to break here?
Speaker 2: Did you say?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying so, Ben, if you watch I rewound it like three times.
Speaker 1: If you watch.
Speaker 4: Change, Ben and I are like in the corners of the frame, like just in the corner. Ben for some reason and does this he put he says like to me, and I look like I am about to lose it. Yeah. They then cut to singles of us where we're obviously you're fine, and then they cut back and I'm losing it again.
Speaker 1: So do you think he just improvised or just in one take like this to keep you from laughing made you laugh more?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or I was whispering something to him as a joke.
Speaker 6: I couldn't see doing that over rusty, like, yeah, so something had happened where and if you watch it again, we I am right on the verge destroying this.
Speaker 2: It's so great because you are You're like this, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was bad, and it is right when he says I quit, yes, right right after.
Speaker 2: You pass me the potatoes looks.
Speaker 1: You know that Ben had some in joke that he had been saying all week just for you guys, that he would never be able to stay in front of the audience.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, like probably either making fun.
Speaker 1: Of the word potatoes or like, you know, get your own potatoes or something.
Speaker 3: And then you guys knew it was coming.
Speaker 2: Or thinking about it yet with this gesture and then I'm like trying. It's very funny, and I was like, I wonder what was going on there? Me too, And so this is where I was thinking, like, it feels like there were laughs in it, but it felt like maybe this was shot without an audience. It feels very quiet, like, which I think adds to the drama. I felt very much like, and I guess part of that is maybe what you guys mentioned that I hadn't really thought of, is that it added a little bit more of the sitcomy element of like the bomb dropping and the face is all going ooo, but there was no audience ooh to it. So anyway, it just felt very dramatic.
Speaker 4: There were several times in this episode where one of us looked like we were going to break. And this the one of the reasons this episode might feel sitcomy is because this is one of the episodes where we were just trying to make each other laugh. Yeah, and so we would go over the top more like with Gap, like I'm trying to make you all laugh, and sometimes you can read that now that I'm watching it back, it's like.
Speaker 2: Ooh, there's another moment coming up here in the hallway where writer, I have to talk about it. It's so and I love it, but I'm also like, do you remember what was going on? Okay, So we're back in the Matthew's kitchen after a very serious commercial break. Corey, still in shock, says we're going to be poor, but Alan assures him they won't. Amy asks how could he do this without even discussing it with her. Alan shruggs, we're discussing it now. She's relieved.
Speaker 3: All of that was our cold open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a long, cold open all right, that's like a good five minutes or four minutes at least.
Speaker 4: Ye. Yeah, And it's two scenes but in the same set, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right exactly.
Speaker 1: So the first three scenes all take in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, interesting, plus a monkey smoking.
Speaker 4: So smoking, Tvy for monkeysmoke.
Speaker 2: Tv y seven Yeah, yeah, monkey, and Piper smoking.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: Amy's relieved and she asks, oh, so, no decision was made and Alan responds, no, a decision was made. Now it's time for the very important discussion that follows the making of a decision. Amy tells him, if we had discussed this before a decision was made, I might have gently pointed out that we have children to feed and bills to pay. Corey looks longing ley out the window and says, bye bye Car, Bye bye Car. Alan assures her he'd never put this family at risk. They have a little money saved, and one day he hopes to go into business for himself. That way Eric can come work for me. And then Eric, now a new NEPO baby, proudly tells everyone you hear that I'm gonna be responsible for the well being of this family. Corey then sadly says bye bye house, well giving me the same cute little house.
Speaker 1: And I love these asides with Corey works so well. It's one of these examples of like work editing and camera cuts or like make everything happen. Because if you actually watched him get up off the kitchen table, move to the door and then say bye bye car not funny, but you just cut to like a postcard of him saying bye bye car. The rhythm is controlled by the editing, and it's so damn funny. Yeah, but I was like, man, you couldn't do this in a why do you know what I mean? You have to do that in singles? You have to cut away and makes it's so punchy and great.
Speaker 2: It is so funny. It's also that's exactly what we talk about when there's perfect comedic relief. What's going on over here is very like heavy and serious, and then in just an instant you're into a really funny moment you get you get a little relief from the tension, and then you're back right into the tension. It's it's just incredible.
Speaker 4: It's also a very real adult conversation exactly how can you make a decision like this? Without consulting me. First happens all the time.
Speaker 2: I also very real kid fears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that are funny. We're going to be We're gonna be poor.
Speaker 2: It just great.
Speaker 1: So Alan was trying to remember, how does this relate to the when didn't? Isn't this exactly what what Alan did when he bought the minivan a little bit. She had made the decision, but not fully made the decision, and then he just went and pulled the trigger. Is that what happened because it.
Speaker 2: Took her too long? She had been sitting on it, apparently for a few months, and he already.
Speaker 4: Picked the color and the model, so he went and bought it, right bastard.
Speaker 2: So Alan tells Amy, there's nothing to worry about. I made a good decision. Amy responds, fine, I made one too. Alan asks what decision that is, and she says, if you're allowed to make a unilateral decision about something which affects this entire family, then so am I? And Alan asks, well, what decision are you going to make? Amy shrugs, I don't know yet, but one day I will make a decision which affects this entire family because you did, and our relationship is an equal partnership, isn't it, Alan suspiciously responds, yes, Amy fake comforts him, but don't you worry, because I'll talk it over with you afterwards. And that's again another Remember, I was like, the tension in this scene and with this family right now is so high and I'm not really used to that. Like, I don't know that. I felt so much because even though we've talked about the comedic relief moments that Ben provided with those quick cuts and stuff, the fact that the family tension between Betsy and Rusty is still so high. I was like, who's I feel like we're on shaky foundation and I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: They're doing it in front of their kids and all that. Yeah, I normally do not bring this stuff up. Uh, it's just weird to talk about kind of. But Betsy is so pretty in this scene.
Speaker 1: I know she is. I was looking at her like she's soundingly good looking, but she was you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, but you Rusty. But for some reason, I don't know if it's my angle of lighting, she was stunning.
Speaker 2: I know. I feel like this whole episode for her is a really really great episode.
Speaker 3: She looks given something to do.
Speaker 4: I know she's an actor.
Speaker 1: She's not just like yeah, you know mom in the background or one off line. She actually has like intention, she has layers, she has like subtlety. It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really great episode for her. Gosh, I love it. So then we're in the school hallway. Corey, who is now fully committed to tight collared shirts and belts as I mentioned, is telling Sean the story of the whole sad mess he finds himself in. Sean responds, wow, and to think you were my only rich friend. Corey Perrexa'm comfortable, never rich, Sean tells him, indoorwhelming rich rich love rich Sean's definition, well, I just love it.
Speaker 1: I love the end of you.
Speaker 4: I can't work with it. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So is a great Beast story. Yes, it's it's short, and it's not much like we don't have much to do, but all the little beats are really.
Speaker 2: Fun, so funny. Corey tells them, well, whatever they were, they aren't that anymore. He never realized how easy he had it. Sean laughs, you had it easy, all right, and here's where.
Speaker 4: You are, like you're about to break breaking.
Speaker 2: While also talking to it. Yes, it's so funny. I wanted to ask you because you say you had it easy, all right, you with your breakfast in the morning, your lunch is in the afternoon, your dinners at night eaters.
Speaker 4: Eas you're eaters, and then you start like you start laughing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so read it that way, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I was. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I usually am like I could tell that I'm breaking.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I was.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is that I didn't know that it was a break. It felt like there was a choice you were making with your mouth, like you were imitating someone else like you, similar to the way Will was doing Seinfeld. I was like, are you doing Hannibal Lecter? Are you doing? Because you were like, you're like your breakfasts. It was like there was a growl to your mouth. It was and I didn't know. I was like, is it a break or is there something?
Speaker 3: I didn't read it as a break.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't read it as a great performance.
Speaker 2: But I feel like there's an inside joke you don't remember.
Speaker 1: No, I mean in general, like watching my performance this episode, I feel like there's I'm I'm again low energy, like I'm doing like I'm sort of holding back or like not committing for some reason. Like I can tell that I again might might not have liked this episode or or just didn't didn't because I didn't have much to do, Like I'm just there for the jokes, so I think I'm just kind of feeling like joke delivery machine, so I can kind of I could tell that I'm not into it, like I'm not fully committing all that it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't really, I didn't pick up on that.
Speaker 1: The only scene that I was like, oh, I was having fun was me and Corey and Chubbies. For whatever reason, I was like, Ben and I are having fun there, and I liked doing that. But like all of this stuff, I was like, I can tell, I'm just kind of phone.
Speaker 4: In and again to me the Eaters. It was another sign exactly what Daniel saying. It's another sign that we were like trying to make each other laugh bigger with jokes, like let's see how big week.
Speaker 1: That's probably true. That's probably true is that Ban and I were probably yeah, I probably was doing a new reading on this moment right to just try and make him break or something, yeah, but I only think I was breaking. Usually I could tell another yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was some sort of inside joke. There was something going on, and Corey Ben also looks like he might break, but he doesn't. He responds, they put the food in front of me, and Sean tells him you're my friend, and I'm going to teach you how to be poor. It's not going to be easy. And then he says, because you come from a world of many pants, which this world.
Speaker 1: Of many pants is a great line. It's a great.
Speaker 2: Line, frontline. It's not going to be easy to teach you how to be poor because you come from a world of many pants.
Speaker 4: So good, they put the pants in front of me.
Speaker 2: His response, that's exactly, they put the pants in front of me. Sean admits, Corey sound since here. When was the last time you slept inside? Corey answers last night. Sean throws his hands up in the air and walks away, I can't work with you.
Speaker 4: I can't work.
Speaker 2: And then our recent high school graduate, Eric walks in sasheg through the hall, saying hi to students, pretending he's some cool older guy. He stops when he sees Phoenie, so weird that.
Speaker 3: Eric's already graduated, Like when you walked in and you were doing.
Speaker 7: Your things, like why is he doing this whole pit?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, right here, he's the guy still hanging out at high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just weird that we've already done every episode of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, Hey, mister Feenney, how's it going? By and By? Phoene responds fine, bye and By then asks Eric, how does it feel to be back in the old school hall? And boy, I'm really happy to see the two of you back together. I know it fels nice. Eric looks around. They miss me, don't they. Phoene says, yes, we've brought in a crisis counselor to help the students deal with their loss. Eric agrees, I think that's a great way to begin the dealing process. Phoene stares at him, and Eric realizes he wasn't being serious. Phoene asks, I take it you're here to set up a tutoring schedule. Eric admits that he was, but now he doesn't think tutoring is going to be necessary for him. Phoene reminds him, I thought we agreed colleges. Look favorably on students who acknowledge their scholastic shortcomings and try to rectify them. Eric says his dad is starting a family business and has generously offered him a position within the firm, so his futures assured. Phoene questions what kind of business is it. Eric thinks for a second and admits, I don't know, but it doesn't really matter because this weekend the Matthew's mend are attending the bro Boss Franchise Exposition Opportunity Extravaganza at the airport comfort In. Phoene exhaustingly shakes his head and says, where dreams are born, Where.
Speaker 4: Dreams are born? Whatever read in this fantastic whatever.
Speaker 1: It's like a follow up joke to the North Southwestern Universe. It's like the same sort of absurd name with Phoenix. All you have to do is just cut the Phoenie's.
Speaker 2: Face afterwards and being exactly.
Speaker 4: First of all, pretty sure I still have that jacket really sleeve that's blue and brown? Yes, I'm pretty sure I still have that. I mean, wait, not not if Disney's listening. Disney's listening, I don't, but if they are coming for you, pretty sure I.
Speaker 2: Have that you still have that sock dud, don't you don't say on the apse? Okay, So then we get an exterior of the airport comfort in Yes, and once we're inside some more expense of looking set design. We've got money in season four? Yeah, clearly Eric dressed in a tie and perhaps a Swede jacket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm rocking this weight?
Speaker 2: Can I Can I tell my favorite Swede story about what.
Speaker 1: I love at? You have a Swede story about Will?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: God, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, can I share it?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Let's see if riter remembers. So when we were in Philly, there was a night that you and writer had a couple of drinks and Will had gone shopping that day and I joined you guys late after you had had a couple drinks.
Speaker 1: And this is when we were upstairs in the right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, Will, who has recently started enjoying in the very slightest amount buying clothes and figuring out a style for himself, trying trying to be like you know, I actually do feel good when I put in some effort to what I want to wear. And so he had gone shopping that day, so he was excited to tell me about his purchases and he goes, gosh, we went, Sue and I went to Banana Republic today and I bought Roy bought a really nice hoodie. It's really nice. It's swayed, and I go Swede hoody and he goes, yeah, it's really nice. And I looked at the price tag and I was like, Sue, why is this Why is this so expensive? And she was like because it's swayed, and I was like sweet, yeah, And then I bought I bought a Swede jacket too. I bought straight jacket and I was like, huh wow, I didn't I don't even think I've seen a Swede hoodie. Yeah, it's really nice, it's really nice.
Speaker 4: Sight I see him.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know a few days later and he's wearing a gorgeous cashmere.
Speaker 4: And I go, oh, wow, look at that.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 4: And he goes, yeah, this is the one I bought that day that I told you about.
Speaker 2: I go, oh, Kashmary goes yeah, it's Kashmir and I go, that's the way you said that saying it was Swede. He's like, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Before, Kashmir versus Swede.
Speaker 3: I love it, and I get yeah.
Speaker 4: The next day she was like, that's okay. Don't you understand that's that's not Swaye. I'm like, of course, not Swayet. Its Kashmir.
Speaker 1: To be very questioning about a Swede hoodie makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's like a Swaye jacket. You can be like, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: A Swede hoodie, I was like, in a suede sweater is what? Because I had a I bought a sweater in a hood.
Speaker 2: Right right, We're both like, this is a lot. But the hoodie, I was like, the sight I want. I know that what he's saying he wants me to give him an excited response to this. He's saying it because he wants me to be happy for him. But all I keep thinking about is swayed hoodie sounds disgusting.
Speaker 1: This doesn't.
Speaker 2: Awful.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: And you spend a lot of money on it. Huh.
Speaker 4: This is why I don't drink a lot.
Speaker 2: Just imagine how hot a Swede hoodie is.
Speaker 4: I want somebody to now make and send us Swede hoodies.
Speaker 1: Very expensive.
Speaker 2: It's just my favorite, one of my favorite will stories. So I thought this is the perfect place to tell it. So Eric tells Alan somewhere out there lies our bright, shining future. They're trying to decide where to start, and Alan decides, well, since he's been in food his whole life, they can eliminate everything from spaghetti in a bag to dust. Falafel sergeant, And then we see a man nearby dressed like a sergeant passing out falafelk falaful sergeant.
Speaker 1: Just the words are funny one of the second like German based food joke, because then we're into like strudal. Yeah, right, And I was trying to find the connection. I was like, is this Germany? I was like, it's just words. It's just like it's this is all very funny words.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and Eric adds that since he's been in school his whole life, he wants to eliminate anything where you have to shower with guys, what job would that be? What are we eliminating?
Speaker 4: It's very strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, the whole time, all I'm looking at is the signs in the back of behind Yes, stop the poop, Like, what is this?
Speaker 3: I know, it's like it's I didn't.
Speaker 2: Think that too. I thought they're giving away a joke that must be coming up, but like all behind it, it just says I was.
Speaker 1: Not listening to anything being said.
Speaker 3: I'm just like what it was, all these hidden jokes.
Speaker 2: Right then, a man walks up and says, I couldn't help it overhear your career consternation. What you're looking for is something fresh, something new, a business with unlimited growth opportunities where you can be your own boss. Does it sound good so far? Eric immediately answers, that's exactly what we're looking for. The man asks, do you have a dog? Eric blurts out yes, Alan Hester correct I'm saying they do not have a dog. Eric leans into Alan and whispers.
Speaker 4: We'll get one.
Speaker 2: Don't blow this, don't blow it. Eric tells the man, we have a small dog. The man explains that over seventy five million Americans have a dog, and every day those dogs leave behind a great deal of shell, we say. Alan whispers to Eric, I think we've heard enough. Eric stops him. Let's see where this is going. And I love this dynamic because it's exactly what you would expect for the kid fresh out of high school, eyes as big as saucers, ready to believe the first person who comes up and talks to him. This could be it, Dad, I don't need to stop ruining my chances and for Alan to be like I can see this coming from a mile away. This is not what we want. I just I think it's a great dynamic. The man continues, No one is picking up this stinky mess on our lawns, on our parks. So what to do? He grabs a sample from his booth and he starts to spray mist in the air, saying it's the solution to all this. Alan recoils from the mist, but Eric asks the man what is it, to which he responds, poo Perrie, Alan size, and the man continues Pooperrie deodorizes, sanitizes, glamorize it. He sprays it directly in Eric's face, and Eric smiles, saying, ooh o cake. There's a real product.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but was it real back then?
Speaker 4: It wasn't, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so. And because poop Perrie is not for anything for dogs, it's for humans. Yeah, it launched Taraja's head. It launched in two thousand and seven. So the current poop Perrie you spray on the water in a toilet bowl before you go, so you walk into a bathroom.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just an after spray, which is.
Speaker 2: What they say, after the smell of pooh has already wafted into the air. If you spray it, it creates a layer on the surface of the water, so when the poop drops in, it's days under the surface of that smell, eliminating.
Speaker 4: You are you are you selling this?
Speaker 8: Is that you are daniel Fish that brings you poopoop for free by Danielle fishl Oh.
Speaker 4: I love that, it really is.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful product. So yeah, anyway, it is now a real thing. I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Do you actually use this stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we had it. We have it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it's great, right, I guess I guess we should reach out for them for sponsors.
Speaker 2: I can do the ads. I can speak to you.
Speaker 1: We just did one.
Speaker 3: We're charging overtime.
Speaker 4: This did a sixty right there.
Speaker 2: Alan grabs Eric, telling it let's go. Eric tells him, no, I want to make this my life. The poopery man continues. The figures are irrefutable. If each pet owning American purchases only one can of poopery, this franchise is worth over forty billion dollars, catapulting Poopery Ink to the number one corporation in America. Alan questions whether anyone will buy it, and the man responds, well, now you sound like my.
Speaker 4: Wife's a great response.
Speaker 2: It's good walking away. Eric asks, so that's the leader so far right, dad, Alan admits, sadly it is sun But there are many business opportunities to consider, and I'm sure we'll find the exact right thing for us. And then we get another little optical flip. Back in the Matthew's kitchen, Eric is holding two plates of strudel and there's a wide array covering the dining table. Amy asks the men you want to open an Ogner's house of Strudel. Eric says yes, there's one hundred and forty nine varieties, and every month they assure me that frau Agner comes out with a new flavor.
Speaker 1: I know that, you know that during the week they went through like fifteen versions of Oh anything right. It's optical flip to Eric, committed to a ridiculous product, and it's like you could you know the writer's room even if we didn't rehearse fifteen years they went through like sixty. They just sat they're riffing on what it could be, and it is funny to me that they landed on just kind of funny word, you know, strudel frau, which again is like this German like, it's just it's.
Speaker 4: But it's also why it makes no sense that Eric has twenty strudel that are open and on disposable plates for some reason to be served ready to be served at the house. It's just yeah, it's it's a funny visual and a funny noise essentially is yeah.
Speaker 2: I do imagine they had a ton of fun throwing random things. It could have been out, you know, out in the writer's room. I will say I wish it were a non food item, since the very first thing Alan said was I want to stay away from food. So I wish they could have picked something equally as funny, but that could it was an edible Yeah, it wasn't edible because with then we are he threw out the very first principle that Alan set us up with.
Speaker 1: So that's that was I also think wacky inventions are funny, you know, like there you know, and dumb wacky inventions like it's a knife that also does the you know whatever, there's like so much of an opportunity to wade hoodie. Why would anybody want.
Speaker 2: To show hoodies.
Speaker 1: Sweet house of sweeties, house SWOOTI love it, Eric's House of Swooties.
Speaker 2: Do you like to be swooty? Put on our sweeties?
Speaker 1: You want to be hot?
Speaker 4: Even when he's freezing cold outside, Try swooty.
Speaker 2: Oh, Cory sadly says, so. Now my future depends on a Bavarian named Dogner. John warned me about this. Amy's hoping Alan isn't buying into this strudal idea. He tells her he isn't in the hands or a pamphlet for his first choice, a rapid marked it's a convenience store, and Alan figures it's a perfect for a guy like him. It's a business he already knows. Amy corrects him, it's a business you already hate. Alan's I hated working for somebody else. This would be different. I'd run my own store, run it my way. Amy says, you're still selling lettuce. You know this is not what you want. Alan gets defensive, telling Amy he can't seem to win with her. He included her in this decision, like she originally wanted, but now she's trying to talk him out of something he kind of sort of maybe wants. And I love that a great read. He goes into it thinking you're gonna say something that I really really want, and then shows you how he's really feeling.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Amy jokes with that kind of passion. Who am I to stand in your way? Eric butts in and says hello, is this obvious only to me? Strudel Alan yells at him naptime and Eric walks away telling him he's.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you're right, and again this is another seinfold right Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's also it's these moments that made this so sitcomy, Like he didn't need Eric hopping in going what about the strude ole? It's that thing that takes it to like the but I thought, I.
Speaker 2: Actually love you popping in because you think here's your opportunity to show you that my idea is better than your idea. The nap time button is the thing that makes it a little where it's not a grown man. It's like getting told by his daddy it's nap time. It's still funny, but it is. It is a little more of our sitcom moment. Than we're used to getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is this episode just feels very I mean, in some ways, it's almost too rhythmically perfect, do you know what I mean, Like it's too tight. This this sort of like im bum boom optical flip and then set up and it's like it's great. But what I like about Boyb's world is that it often has these weird rhythmic moments that kind of break from that and you're like, well, that's a you know, that's a joke that goes on a little on too long, or you know, it's like weird syncopated rhythms and stuff that like that. This one just felt very tight. It felt like, oh, perfect, Okay, you did the thing, and this is a perfect example of that.
Speaker 4: It is. It's very comic, but yeah, it's still it worked for me, but it was still very Yeah, I got I felt that same. It was almost like, you know, again, I go to the kids on the stairs and some of the reactions we had.
Speaker 1: It's like a perfect triangle of you know, you in the middle and Stummman and then them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alan tells Amy he's looked at every possible job opportunity and this makes the most sense. Amy Scoff's telling him, this isn't about making sense, this is about spending the rest of your life doing what you want to do. Alan explains, I want to run my own store, and I want you to be happy for me. He asks if Amy's behind him on this decision, and she says no. Alan walks away dejectedly and tells her thank you for your support.
Speaker 6: But I love that she's not supporting him because she knows he won't be happy. That's the whole Like it's it's not, Hey, I'm I'm not going to support you because I'm just not going to support you, or or I'm feeling condictive so I'm just gonna shoot down your idea.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, you're not. I know you well enough.
Speaker 2: You're not exactly And it's obvious here, but she makes it even more clear in this next scene. In Matthew's backyard, Alan is setting up a sleeping bag and Amy jokes, one little disagreement and you're walking out on me. Alan pokes back, and I'm taking Eric a couple of nights under the stars, a little hiking through the wood, some fishing. That's where I do my best thinking. I got to try and figure out what to do with the rest of my life. Amy admits she would never stand in the way of something Alan really wanted. Alan tells her this isn't about what he wants to do, this is about his responsibility to this family. He feels completely helpless. Amy assures him he only feels helpless because he's stuck, and it's all right to take a risk. She won't support this rapid mart idea because it won't make him happy, and she can only support Alan's happiness. And this is one of those times where it was a great parent scene. Out of the kitchen or the living room, they're in the backyard, and I absolutely love the supporting the concept of we support you taking a risk. You don't have to go off of just well, what about my responsibility? How will I make sure that immediately I have money that I can count on coming in. It's okay to take a risk if it's going to mean lifelong happiness. And I just that I love them having this there's this story and her presenting that idea to him.
Speaker 1: That there are values beyond just making money too and having a job, right, and that that that that he of course knew that when he quit the job, but now is feeling the pressure, and she is going to then be the one to say, let's hold.
Speaker 4: Out for let's remember why you did the.
Speaker 1: Real problem exactly, Like, we're not going to just put a band aid on this situation, which I think so many people fall into that trap, you know, whatever the issue is, particularly when it comes to jobs, like it's like, oh, I just you get scared. You know, you want the money, you want the whatever, the security. You just go right into the role that is easiest for you instead of taking the bigger risk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you look up in forty five years has gone by and you've been at the same job. That happens a lot, so yeah, tough.
Speaker 2: And then we're in the science research building. We know that because the sign outside the school says.
Speaker 1: It research building. But it's just again just science. But if you think about how much they put into this scene so Danielle can have a part in the episode something, why couldn't it be more something like you guys could have been hatching this play.
Speaker 2: We could have been in the school hallway. But to build now this set probably didn't cost a whole lot of money.
Speaker 1: But the costumes three extras, well, two extras.
Speaker 2: One of them is our dear Mattie Nelson.
Speaker 4: Matt he brought in the shampoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah gosh, it was Yeah, me too, me too, And it was so wonderful to see him and he looked great, and it just filled my heart with me too. So Cory and Shawn are sitting in chairs wearing capes. Is to Panga tries convincing Corey that taking part in a research study is a ridiculous way to make money. If she needs if he needs cash that bad, she'll just lend it to him. And I cannot stand the sound of my voice. It's just so bad. And in these moments it's when I really now totally understand what Michael was telling me, because I remember him telling me all the time, lower your voice. Lower your voice. Wherever your voice is coming from, that's not where your voice should come from. It sounds like it's and I was just always like, but I'm not, I'm not doing anything with my voice. This is just what my voice sounds like. But I hear it, and I go, please lower your voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's it's you know, I know what you're talking about. But to me, it's not so much like a tone, or it's not about the pitch, it's more about coming from a place of like weakness, because because because you're adding energy to a scene, but if you're coming over top of it and you're coming up from a higher place, it's.
Speaker 3: Not as compelling.
Speaker 1: It's it's more it's more like annoying or coming it doesn't feel real, you know, when you're really coming from a place of like God, it's so dumb, right like that to give the note that it's about being too high is like completely backwards to me, because the note should be where's the intention coming from.
Speaker 3: Is it coming from a place of strength or is it coming from.
Speaker 1: A you know?
Speaker 3: And I yeah, like there's a way to give.
Speaker 1: That note, to make it to get the result that you want, which you're.
Speaker 2: Right, because I never knew, literally never understood that that's what he was talking about. And I didn't even realize watching the scene that that's what was bothering me about it. But I'm I'm pushing, I'm going up here.
Speaker 4: Please don't do this is at all.
Speaker 2: Oh man? And it isn't. It isn't good. It feels like bad acting because you're right, it's coming from as it's coming from the wrong intention.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the intention is.
Speaker 1: The intention is to just be in conflict with Corey and to be telling him not to do this thing. And I mean that's not just it's bad writing too, or you know, like there's a way to make this work, I think, and to have you be in conflict with him, but from a place that's not just telling him what to do and coming you know. Yeah, and I can't remember what you're saying. You can't remember what you were saying because there's no argument there. It was just up to pegas against this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I was coming. I think I was reading it like they're about to do it right now. I have to stop you.
Speaker 4: This is my only.
Speaker 2: Second to stop you, as opposed to look at me, right, this is a bad idea. You don't need to do this if you need it, so anyway, you're right. But to me, it just came across because I know Michael always told me to lower my voice. To me, it was like, oh gosh, that voice is annoying. Anyway, Corey, after a little look from Sean, tells her. Sean says, I've got to learn to provide for myself. To Panga responds, then get a real job. Corey looks at Sewan again, who urges him to say his next line. Sean says, I'm in no position to pay taxes right now. I love so good. I love how worldly Shawn is about these issues. Yeah, here are the problems. You have to be unemployed because you can't pay taxes. I just love it. He's so in. Sean points to the lab text these guys don't even know These guys don't even want to know our real names. To Pega says they're both lunatics, and Corey responds, we'll see what you think after we get our hundred bucks, and to Penge is shocked just for testing out a new shampoo. Corey yells yep, whispers to Sean, you sure there's nothing to worry about. Shawn assures him it's shampoo. They only test it on humans so they can say they don't tell test it on animals. This is very much like.
Speaker 1: Can we just talk about hair obsession?
Speaker 3: It's hair back to hair.
Speaker 1: Right after the episode, we did up a haircut, like we are just man.
Speaker 3: There's hair on the brain, hair on the brain.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely so intense, big hair. Then matt Nelson alerts yay. A man in full biohazard gear comes out of the lab holding a beaker full of green liquid with a pair of tongs far away from his body. But then he drops the beaker on the floor and the green substance starts to smoke. Then the biohazard man aka our very own Mattie Nelson runs away terrified as a loud alarm sounds throughout the building. Sean and Corey look at each other freaked out. So that was the matt Nelson appearance that I just love. We're back in the Matthew's. Eric and Alan are returning from camping, and Eric beams that this is what they need to do with their lives, become mountain men. Alan asks what do you think that pays Phenie's in his yard and yells over Ah the intrepid woodsman returning to the safe harbor of suburbia. Did you bag any trophies? Alan braggs you bet we did. Eric got a.
Speaker 1: Fit that your backpack looks like it weighs exactly half a pound.
Speaker 3: It's like overloaded and.
Speaker 4: Very very strong. I don't want to bring up this conversation again as it's been beaten to death at this point. But where are they coming from? I know, where are they coming from?
Speaker 2: Behind the side camera conceded.
Speaker 4: I know, but it's like, it doesn't mean it's it's just like, where are you coming from? I don't get it. Well.
Speaker 2: Also, we know that the car. Even in the same episode, Corey was looking out the door downstage to war camera for my car. So their car is parked over there on the other side.
Speaker 1: And that's where the minivan was when they would look at that too.
Speaker 4: Yes, so where that's all. And I was like, I'm not gonna bring it up on.
Speaker 2: The other side. You're right, I know, listen, it's whatever we need it.
Speaker 4: Needs to be exactly. It's the yard.
Speaker 2: It's the yard.
Speaker 1: I noticed was the lovely lighting.
Speaker 2: A nice violet light.
Speaker 1: It's more orange, yeah, sunset. Yeah, they are trying to I think it's evening right, Yes, I think so too, to make it look nice and rosy.
Speaker 4: And I remember too, I think we did one take of this and then Michael was like, give them beards. So we went back and they you saw there's like makeup breasting and I both had.
Speaker 1: Like makeup makeup because.
Speaker 4: Never mentioned because Apparently when you camp you also just roll around in dirt. But yeah, we came so we came in and we had the beards put in. Uh so you can see we've got like that's so dunny.
Speaker 2: I also thought it was just dirt on their face, like they yeah.
Speaker 4: Those are beards. Those are beards.
Speaker 2: So Eric pulls out a mason jar with a tiny goldfish in it. Phoeney squints, I imagine he put up heck of a fight. Eric reveals I was actually just filling up my toothbrush cup. He kind of just swam right in there, right in there. And Amy then walks out to greet the boys, and she notices how refreshed. Alan seems that sleeping under the stars points you to a new career. Alan admits, I don't know what I'm gonna do for the rest of my life, but nothing can give me half the satisfaction I get waking up next to that beautiful cedar lake. I really thought he was going to say, waking up next to my beautiful wife, and then he went directly to the beautiful cedar lake. And right, sure, sure, the Cedar Lake. I'm sure it's.
Speaker 4: Gorgeous, beautiful place.
Speaker 2: Beautiful place. Phoene comments, shame you can't capture that somehow and keep it on your desk. Alan tells Amy, the only thing wrong with this weekend was that you weren't there. He begs her, let's go up again next week you come to. Phoene ads, might I suggest, for the sake of communal bliss that you outfit yourself with one of those two person sleeping bags that are currently on discount of Kimmels and smiles, saying, George, you rascal. How do you know about those? Phoene tells them, I go camping. I don't fish you do the math.
Speaker 4: Phoenie is.
Speaker 3: Double sleeping bag, Phoenix, what.
Speaker 1: Sleeping bag do.
Speaker 2: You think he's going with?
Speaker 1: The dentist in the woods takes a salad heads salad and the double sleeping bag Lettuce.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it changes the title for I don't want to wash lettuce anymore. Oh god, it just changes the title. Horrible you do it?
Speaker 1: It does this scene from like, well, this entire scene, I guess, because I was gonna say, from here on, it's just such set up, like exposition, set up, exposition, and it's like they try and do it a little Phoene sex joke. It's all just like, okay, let's just lay this out. You all see, it's just like setting up maybe there's a Wilderness store. I know. The guy at the Wilderness store there that's closing down down the street, let's go check it out.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say it's closing down, I know, but you could just feel it coming everything.
Speaker 1: You're just like, why are we talking about this?
Speaker 3: Why is this scene?
Speaker 4: You didn't I didn't know I was in the show and I didn't remember.
Speaker 2: No, no, you I know you you only see it coming writer, because you know, oh, that's probably the story.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. But there's also no conflict in this scene, like Amy and Alan are not and there's no longer any conflict between the two and them, so there's nothing driving the story for it. So it's literally just exposition to set up whatever because it's a weird scene. We're sitting here like we just did this. We didn't feel this way about that? You know what also makes you feel this way about that? Another store that you'll go to in the next sity. It's just like, okay, let's just get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you eaten anything yet this morning? Writer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have okay bakfast this morning and had an extra half a cup of coffee before we start, because I knew you.
Speaker 2: Were going to kiss you at your best. See what you're happy is?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he's gonna be about happy. Best is grumpy.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 4: This is the This is on the same day you found your grappling hook yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it looks like a murder weapon. You really about it. It's like, I'm just gonna hold it up whenever you guys are mean to me.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the crowd gives some big old hoots and hollers for horned up Feenie, and he says, anyway, I was down there this morning having a talk with my old friend Ed Kimball, who's having some kind of sale. Why didn't you pop over there until Ed I sent you. Alan knows Kimball's it's one of his favorite stores. Just then, Corey walks out, asking if there's any update in their current situation. Alan points out that there is. This weekend, they're going up to the mountains and they're gonna sleep on the ground. Corey groans, oh, we've lost everything, everything, And then we're in Chubbies. Corey grabs a burger from the counter and he sits down ready to devour it. Sean comes running down the stairs, asking Corey what he's doing. Corey panics and he hides the burger and thoughts Sean would be doing his little puppet show downtown, which always brings in.
Speaker 4: The I love that it's just this random life of Sean's. We don't know anything about.
Speaker 1: This scene, by the way, is like just for the jokes, Like this is like one of those we rarely have on the show where it's like literally just just for funny because there's no real resolution or I don't know, it's just us being Corey and Sean together and it's funny, but also doesn't make much sense because why are we He's he not allowed to eat meat?
Speaker 4: I think it's it's expensive expensive, Yeah, okay, if.
Speaker 2: You're teaching about to be bore, it's real food.
Speaker 3: You have meat, you okay?
Speaker 4: And bread?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I watched that had been a little clear, so I was like, wait, do they have some sort of vegetarian pact? What I know?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought of that because I knew you were a vegetarian. So I was like, oh, is there is there a right or strong but.
Speaker 1: You know where I I just wanted to, like, you ordered food in a restaurant and it was meat. If it was that those like three steps, but instead it was like how dare you eat meat?
Speaker 3: And went right to there. I was like, oh wait, did I miss something?
Speaker 1: Why where.
Speaker 7: Food?
Speaker 3: You paid money for that? We're supposed to be in the dumpster right now?
Speaker 1: Like that would have made sense, you know, like but anyway, either way, Ben is hysterical, and he could tell that we're just having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys are having a blast.
Speaker 4: Although thank I'm glad that he ordered the burger that you always get that always comes cut in half.
Speaker 2: So Sean repeats, what are you doing? Corey reveals the burger. It's not mine. I found it. It's not like I paid for it. Sean reiterates, in a slow, angry tone. I said, what are you doing? Corey starts to break down and cry, admitting he's eating meat.
Speaker 4: And me then is that?
Speaker 2: Peek peek? Ben? Sean responds, you disgust me, man, Corey pleats, but I like me. It's my parents' fault, Sean. They raised me. They gave me an allowance, saundries comforting in my dear sweet Cory, there's no shame. There's two types of people in this world, people like you who always manage to get by, and people like me, who are lucky enough to have people like you in their lives. Cory thanks him and says, you want have Sean gladly takes it. It's how the poor survive. And then they clink their burgers together in a cheers.
Speaker 1: So cute, Such a random but fun beast, you know.
Speaker 2: And then we're in Kimball's more insane wonderful set design, a new settler that sticks around. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait to see. I don't think I ever got to act in this set. Really, no memories of acting in the set, so I don't think ever appears here.
Speaker 4: A huge, deep, multi leveled set. I mean, I remember we were We did episodes where we shot just around the rock climbing wall, we did episodes where we're going up the back stairs. I mean it was like this was a big deep It's well designed, it's.
Speaker 2: Cool, yeaheah, it's very cool. So Eric is testing stuff out, telling Allan, this is nothing like our fishing rod the aforementioned store owner, Ed Kimball tells him that's a McMillan. Alan adds, top of the line, my boy now put it down gently. It is impressed by Alan's knowledge of fishing gear, and Alan introduces himself as a friend of George Foeney. That says, yeah, he likes the little chats they have. He just wishes phoene would buy something once and all.
Speaker 1: This love this runner way cheap thiean cheap feenie who just talks and talks and.
Speaker 2: Talks and doesn't buy anything.
Speaker 1: And just I love other perspectives on Feedie where he's not just the authority but also kind of like, you know, like it's like a janitor bud in him. It's like a little side relationship that I can love.
Speaker 2: Yet I do too. Corey pat points out a huge kayak in the store, asking Alan how cool it would be on the lake, and Eric a, it's not nearly as cool as this tent. Check this out. He reads a tag that claims it can survive wins up to one hundred miles an hour. Morgan pops out of the tent. I'm not going Alan compliments Ed he has all the best toys at his store. As the boys peruse the goods, Amy thanks Ed for indulging her husband. He really loves this store. Ed can see that, and it looks like their kids do too. Eric climbs approximately one foot of a fake rock wall, announcing, I can see men's sportswear from here.
Speaker 4: I don't like heights.
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah, it's a really wonderful store. Amy continues, how long have you had it? Ed explains, well, it's been in the family for about forty seven years. I was going to leave it to my son, only I had a daughter and she married an orthodontist and moved to Palm Beach. It's actually up for sale. He wants to spend some time with his grandchildren in the South. Ed admits, you know, I was just mentioning this to George Poenie the other day. Amy responds, realizing this setup.
Speaker 4: So it was Phoenel.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I wish there was more exposition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should talk about it. Mormon could get out.
Speaker 2: To the surface, highlighted a little bit. I love it, underlining me too, I loved it. Gamy chills. Pheene mentioned you were having a sale. She looks over at allan who's admiring some lanterns, and asks, mister Kimball, I know it's none of my business, but did you make a good living from this place? And he says some years are better than others, But if looking forward to coming to work every day was any indication, then I've done very well.
Speaker 1: I wanted him to pick up a snow globe of Cedar Lake right at that moment and be like, right, and here, I have Cedar Lake right on my desk, Right on my desk, I just have this little snow glope.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've heard of it, Cedar Lake.
Speaker 4: It's a good rewrite.
Speaker 2: Amy nods, I suppose you have all your buyers lined up, and says there's been a few nibbles, but it's always been a family business, and he wants to keep it that way, even if it's not his family anymore. Amy looks over at her whole family staring at an array of lanterns, deciding which one to get for their camping trip. Eric and Corey are arguing over which one is better, even though they are the same lanterns. When Alan points that out, Corey responds, this is why I plan to be an accountant.
Speaker 4: I plan to be an accountant. Class's so cute.
Speaker 2: Alan brings the lantern to check out and says they better leave before they buy up the whole store. Amy smiles. I already did, Alan laughs.
Speaker 3: Thirty second contract?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what is she handing out and shake contract?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But they hand over a notebook right, like there is something passed from Amy to down as they come over.
Speaker 2: It's probably those things you do in movies where you go, make me your best.
Speaker 4: Job, right, and you slide across, and you slide.
Speaker 2: It across and you go done. It's like that's literally what it was.
Speaker 3: I how did you pick the store?
Speaker 2: She apparently chatted about their bank accounts right before they left, and I was aware of what they had and how they would do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's also probably not cheap, right, I mean, no even buy a whole store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're you're buying like the inventory that's in there, that's already been paid for.
Speaker 1: What about the building itself? Is that what she's buying or is it just the business?
Speaker 4: And she's got the better So there's but there's the business. And she wasn't she was a real estate agent, so she cheapest.
Speaker 1: It could be half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I was thinking half a million to a million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a cheap.
Speaker 2: Particular part which used to think two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I don't think Wilderness store in that, not with a McMillon inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the mcmillions.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, okay, and you know, but that's a that's a sizeable business.
Speaker 4: Loan a quarter to a half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to say, She says for the down payment, they have to tap into Eric's college fund. So what do you think they have an Eric's college fund?
Speaker 4: I mean fifty grand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's right back, then fifty grand would pay for two years of yeah exactly, No, maybe two years of college, right yeah yeah maybe. Well, if you go to a state school, could pay for all of college, right, which Eric probably would.
Speaker 4: Maybe they wouldn't even have fifty grand in there. I mean he's a grosser. She does everything. Yeah, you know, it's it's financial.
Speaker 2: She mention they are getting alone. Yes, so there are still terms to this deal that need to be worked out. It probably needs to be appraised this business, but they have agreed that their family. In principle, their family is going to take over this Kimball's family business.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 7: Ain't going to spray, Ain't going to spray let us no move?
Speaker 1: Do you know there was titles of reference to a song Ain't Gonna study War no More? You guys know, No, I think that's what the reference is. I ain't gonna spray let us no More is a reference to a classic song folk song, I ain't gonna study War no More. Yeah, it's like dump by the riverside.
Speaker 2: If the person who wrote the script is to be trusted at all, you're wrong. I wrote to Mark Blutman last night because I also wanted to know is is the title in reference to something? Because I had seen when I googled I ain't gonna to see what else came up? That folk song came up. A couple of different things came up. He said, no special meaning, just felt it was what Alan was feeling. And then he said, I think this is the episode with the job expo. We had Cake dress up as the Opportunity carrot, and then I ended up cutting it out. And here's a picture of Blutman and Buskang and Manel dressed in a carrot costume opportunity, and then it apparently got cut out.
Speaker 1: See they were riffing on so many different Joe last this week, so they cut up the care.
Speaker 3: I bet you the.
Speaker 1: Title was Michael, and it came from because he would know the folk song. And there's no way. Yes, I ain't gonna spray let us no more. Yes it's a reference. I ain't gonna study war no more.
Speaker 2: Amy, You are probably right. Alan laughs. Looks like my whole family likes your store. Ed correct him. It's not his store anymore. Your wife just bought it. Amy says, the man's store was up for sale, so I bought it. Alan is shocked. You can't just do that. Ed confirmed she just did in a reasonable manner. We came to terms. Alan pulls Amy aside, telling her I understand what you're trying to do, but you just can't, and Amy stops him. I can't what you owe me a big decision, buddy, one that affects this whole family. Well, you're standing in it. Eric and Morgan are in shock. And this is where what Will's talking about. You guys all climb up the stairs and you actually have your mouth.
Speaker 4: Over it was like Christmas More.
Speaker 1: You guys are just in a course line. It was very yeah, picture perfect POSTCARDI y yep.
Speaker 2: Eric and Morgan are in shock hearing this. Corey grabs a big jar of beef jerky and asked, said, so this is all my beef jerky.
Speaker 1: Which is greatause the meat thing does come back, looks so funny.
Speaker 2: It's still there. He doesn't have to worry about it. I already own this beef.
Speaker 4: So the beef jerky, I have a story. I have I have a beef jerkey story.
Speaker 7: Oh tell, oh.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh my gosh, I kind of remember this story. Please explain it.
Speaker 4: This is so So the beef jerky is sitting on the table. First of all, you can if you watch it throughout the scene, it keeps moving. So the label is one way, then it's another way, then it's this way. Then it's because you guys keep picking that. So Ben, we're like, Ben, eat some of the beef jerkey. It's like, I'm not eating the beef chert. I don't know how long it's been there. I'm not eating the people for like, Ben eat some of the beef jerkey. He's like, I'm not going to do it. So Rusty walks over. He goes, what you're not going to do? And he opens the beef jerkey, pulls out a stick, takes a big, old, sloppy bite, rips one and half throws it back into the jar of beef jerky and then shakes it up. So now there's one in.
Speaker 2: There, touched everything else.
Speaker 4: It's everything.
Speaker 6: So he then goes, what's better, Ben don't have the guts to do it. Ben's like, oh yeah, and he reaches in, grabs a stick himself, takes a giant bite and it's exactly the stick Rusty had just eaten, and he bit into Rusty's slobbery like the same spote.
Speaker 4: He's like it, throws the thing away and we lost it. I mean we laughed for a half an hour, he liked, and he grabbed exactly the slobbery one that Rusty had and shoved it into It was so funny. I will never forget that. Oh it was great.
Speaker 2: That's good. So Eric responds, Hey, Dad, how great is this? I'm going to be working for you. Amy tells him, I'm glad you feel that way, because we're going to have to tap into your college fund for the down payment. Eric asks, hey, Dad, how great is this? You're going to be working for me? Amy laughs, how about partners? Eric says that's even greater, even greater.
Speaker 6: It was like that kind of those kind of responses, Yeah, even greater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alan admits to Amy he still doesn't know about all this. Amy asks, what's not to know? Are you afraid you're going to be happy? Now? You look around, and if you can tell me from your heart that none of this is going to make you happy, then we will walk out that door and we will discuss something else. And in this moment is when I noticed that Ben is still walking around with the jar. Alan responds, no, I believe the deal was that I don't get to discuss your decision, right. Amy nods and says that's right. They kiss, and Alan thanks her. You heard the lady wrap it up. And I know it's a little sit comy, but I think it's so sweet. Love it and it's so sweet and it's so beautiful. And I was so happy that this whole thing ended up being Amy's doing, and it was a nice little ribbon throughout the episode that she was going to get to make a decision to pay him back. And that the way she ended up paying him back was by making a dream come true that he didn't even know he had.
Speaker 4: And now they just have to qualify for the loan.
Speaker 2: Exactly family TV show, ladies and gentlemen. And then we're back and Kimball's for the tag. Ed is teaching Alan and Eric about accounts, payable and receivable, and it assures them and they shouldn't have a problem. Eric nods, pretending like he can handle it, and then to his relief, Allan says they're going to hire someone. Then Phoene walks in and Alan quickly welcomes him to our new shop. Phoene genuinely congratulates Alan and asks if he can browse a bit. Allan says, of course, pick something out. You'll be our first sale. Ed rolls his eyes and comments, not likely.
Speaker 7: Love it too.
Speaker 2: Phoene curmudgeonly shouts, eighteen dollars for socks.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, it's so great.
Speaker 2: It's what we always think of when we think of the Azaleas. Yep, it's come on, gorgeous. Kimball argues back. They're thermal, they're double layered, and they're fully moisture proof. Phoene spits back, they're eighteen dollars and their socks. I'm a teacher, not a heart surgeon.
Speaker 4: Which is a great callback from had that's what he played in Sane Elsewhere he played a heart. Yeah, so that's the joke, is that he was a surgeon.
Speaker 2: I think that you're the TV expert around here, and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be the sock expert. There's no such thing as moisture proof. Moisture wicking is what you wanted to wick the moisture away from your skins.
Speaker 2: All right. If for a moisture proof you could never wash.
Speaker 1: No, just what does moisture proof being? That would be well.
Speaker 4: You'd wear them, wear your rubber, So wear them with your swede hoodie.
Speaker 2: Eric reroutes the conversation, telling Phoenie he'll show him some snow shoes. Phoene asks why he would be interested in snow shoes, and Eric whispers, there are no snowshoes. He walks with Phoenie. So funny.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a little more of a beat, like more of Phoenie bee, like, oh god, and then you can walk like a step better if you had to, like take him into a tent.
Speaker 4: In a giant sweater. And do you see the sweater I'm wearing? Is like he goes to my knees.
Speaker 2: I know, this is the biggest sweater I've ever seen, like a dress. He walks with phoeniean distress, saying, I'm an idiot. I don't know anything about numbers and accounts. I'm gonna bring this whole store crashing down. We're gonna end up living in a box in the park. Phoene responds, well, there are some socks over there that would keep you quite warm. Great joke. Great callback. Eric begs Phoeney to tutor. I mean he needs to learn how to run a business. Phoenie emphasizes Eric needs a full education. He wants Eric to be prepared. Eric asks, will you prepare me? Feenie obliges, meet me at school and we'll work out a schedule.
Speaker 1: Great cheat, to keep these characters together, great cheat. We need this because there's no way they can let Eric out of the hallway with Genie like you just need that. You need it too well established.
Speaker 2: Yep, it is perfect. Phoene announces, I think I will buy that pair of socks. Ed's offended. Oh sure, wait till I sell the store, then you buy something. Eric proudly holds up the cash. Here it is dad our first sale. They tape the bill to the register to commemorate it, and I teared up. I loved it. I was so happy. I really, I really enjoyed this episode. And even with its a little bit of sitcomym too.
Speaker 1: If the most criticism you can give a sitcom is that it's it's a sitcom, exactly, it's criticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So thank you all for joining us for this episode. Upon meets We're World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com, and.
Speaker 4: We have merch March.
Speaker 2: Seinfeld Merch pod meets Worldshow dot com. Join us for our next episode recap, which will be season four Episode four, Fishing for Verna Oo. I bet we get a Verna here? Oh get originally aired Yes, It originally aired October eleventh, nineteen ninety six. Uh writer, send us out.
Speaker 1: We love you all.
Speaker 7: Pod dismissed, ain't gonna spee, ain't gonna spae let us, no move.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Straw executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen Are. The theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at podmetsworldshowat gmail dot com