Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for tuning into the Brick and Jeffrey podcast, and don't forget to follow us.
Speaker 2: At Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: At We're still in the early part of the year where a lot of people are working on their diets and folks are staying healthy.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's the goal you set for yourself. Other times it's the goal your significant others set for both of you.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the year.
Speaker 1: We're giving up on taco bell, right, Jennis.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dennis has got a secret staff somewhere, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: A restaurant in the UK recently had a delivery order come in with an amusing request written in the delivery notes section because it said please knock quietly. I'm supposed to be on a diet, so dude.
Speaker 3: They added them on social media. I hope they still not quiet.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Whatever their diet was supposed to be. This was definitely a cheat meal because the order was for a nine inch Texas barbecue style pizza with a double chocolate ice cream waffle with extra chocolate sauce on top and the Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a.
Speaker 3: Definitely how are you going to hide? Even the smell of that. I'm sorry. Someone a diet, even if they're in a different room than you, it's gonna know.
Speaker 1: You got to eat it, like down in the basement or inside of a closets.
Speaker 3: Anyway, crawl space. Crawl space would probably worse afterwards.
Speaker 1: You got to hide the evidence too, because you can't put it in your own trash can. She'll find it there. You got to go outside and put it to the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Tresham, I like that all of this instead of just leaving your own house to eat out.
Speaker 1: The restaurant posted a photo of the receipt online and said they made sure the delivery driver honored the request because they didn't want to betray the customer's trust.
Speaker 3: I would be dressed in all black like a robber or something, snapped up with a ski mask on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lengths that we'll go to to do the things we actually want to do.
Speaker 3: That it sounds pretty good, mate, sign I'm supposed.
Speaker 1: To be giving up the shot collar question the day this year, so let's quietly, quietly send it over to digital Jake to give us some trivia. Make sure nobody hears about it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Jake, everybody has not so quiet. Everybody has at least one memorable experience going out to the movie theater growing up. Yeah, or as Brook calls it, the Talkies. In fact, right before the show started, we asked everybody for the one film that instantly comes to mind when you think about going to the movies. For Jose it was seeing The Lord of the Rings with his family while his dad pointed out every character in the movie who was dead.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people in this army. It's a whole army, Alexis said.
Speaker 4: It was the twenty ten movie Valentine's Day starring Anne Hathaway in a host of others. Yeah, but after her parents forbid her to go because they thought the PG rating was too risk So the last time she was cool. For jeff he saw Shrek in theaters four separate times on four separate dates that were all chaperoned by his mom.
Speaker 1: Your go to Yeah, you go Kisser Now, Jeffrey beat the Boy.
Speaker 4: And finally there's Brook, who says she'll never forget paying a nickel to go to the old show Boat Saloon theater where she lived, where she watched Toy Story but was quickly banned for life after trying to bribe the other patrons to make out with her.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I could never get someone to make out with me.
Speaker 4: While those memories are fun to look back on, today we're making new ones as we play another round of plenty of twenty highest grossing movies of all time, Edish, I have the top twenty highest grossing movies of all time on this list. And for example, if you said finding Nemo, that would count for finding Nemo and finding Dori. Okay, yep, we'll start with the captain of the Krusty Showboat herself, Brooke Fox Broke. Go ahead, name an answer on this top twenty four Okay.
Speaker 3: So I think that this is the easiest one to name because it broke up Tunner records. Avatar aar there it is.
Speaker 4: That's a silver Avatar number one. That also takes Avatar two off the board. So okay, yes, Avatar two. We're onto Alexis.
Speaker 3: Oh I just rewatched all eight of them? Are there? Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter and the Deadly Howlo's Part two is number fourteen on the list, and that takes all other Harry Potter movies off the list as well. Lower than I thought, so Alexis is safe. We're onto Jose because it was.
Speaker 2: In my intro. I'm gonna go Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: Lord of the Rings. I'm not on the list. I'm sorry, Jose to be one of the top twenty. So Jose is out. To Jeffrey, I want to.
Speaker 1: Go with the new Star Wars movie. Okay, whatever of them.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey went for Star Wars.
Speaker 5: It's number four.
Speaker 4: On the list. The Force Awakens is number four, that Star Wars seven. All other Star Wars are off the board. Brook, you're back.
Speaker 3: Up, Okay. I'm actually gonna go into animation right now and leaving radio I wish. I'm gonna say Frozen.
Speaker 4: Frozen. It's number ten on the list. That's Frozen two. So Frozen's also off the board. Brook still has their Silver Saved Rondo Alexis.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I thought the Titanic said a bunch of records. But I don't know for sure, but I think so Jake.
Speaker 4: For some reason, Titanic is number three on back over to Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Dang oh, we even't said the big superhero movie that everybody always talks about, Avengers Endgame.
Speaker 4: Avengers Endgame number two on the list. That also takes Avengers three, one, and four off the list as well. The entire top four is gone. We're back to brook who.
Speaker 6: Has a super eighth.
Speaker 3: Okay, One movie that I also really remember seeing and love and the new ones are out too, is Jurassic Park. Show me Dress Park answer, Jurassic one Park.
Speaker 4: It's number six on the list. That's Jurassic World. That takes care of all the drastic parks as well. Number five still on the board. We're over to Alexis.
Speaker 3: That reminds me because uho, they did a drunk or did a movie review on it. Indiana Jones. I think it was a flop.
Speaker 4: Indiana Jones not in my top twenty. No, Ron's and Jeffrey jeff you got to get this right, and Brooks still has her Silver Saves.
Speaker 1: You gotta get a couple right, Okay. Well, one that that came out a long time ago but was really big when it did back in the nineties was Lion King.
Speaker 4: Jefferys so Lion King number seven on the list. That's the twenty nineteen version, but per the franchise rules, I'll give you that as well.
Speaker 3: Both takeout Show Me Tom Cruise new Top Gun.
Speaker 4: Top Gun, Maverick number nine.
Speaker 2: You guys are killing it.
Speaker 4: Brook is crushing it. We still have number five on the board and number eight on the board, the highest remaining.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Tom Hanks must have been in something. Give me Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump, not must toy?
Speaker 3: Okay, show me spider Man.
Speaker 4: Spider Man. No Way Home was number five? Got anymore Brook?
Speaker 3: Yeah, toy story, Toy story not on the list.
Speaker 4: Trek Trek not on the list. I'll tell you the list right now. Brook has won plenty of twenty. The other movies on the list were Furious seven that was number eight, Barbie Movie was eleven, Super Mario was twelve, Black Panther was thirteen, Beauty and the Beast, Incredibles two, Iron Man, three Minions, Captain America, Civil War, and Aquaman. There was a couple of superheroes you guys missed and.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: Crush any of us?
Speaker 1: Well, Brook wins. So she gets to choose who gets shocked today.
Speaker 3: Choose alexis why. I don't really have a reason.
Speaker 1: Sounds fun, that's fun. Okay is going to get shock?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh she'll seeing My Heart will go On by Celine Dion she guessed it. It's true near far where where you are.
Speaker 1: I believe that the heart does go. That's why Jack the captain actually crashed the boat on purpose. That's your shock collar question of the day. Wet your phone tap coming out in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: When I think of my best friend and what the best day of their life would be, Oh, it could be a few things. Maybe it's like their wedding day, Yeah, for sure, when they got that big promotion at work, or the day they first met me. Jeff couldn't be any one of those. Who's to say which one it is?
Speaker 2: I think I know what you said.
Speaker 3: When I think of my best friends, I think the same thing. That's right. You are welcome to be at that.
Speaker 1: But just imagine how terrible you would feel if you accidentally ruined your best friend's best day ever? What why would you do that? I'm not saying it's on purpose. One of our listeners has felt guilty for years because he ruined something amazing for his buddy could have been his best day ever, and his friend still has no idea it was all his fault. Oh my god, Now he wants to come clean in a brand new mass speaker that's coming up.
Speaker 8: You don't hear me confession, I can't take back earl arms.
Speaker 1: Mouth speaker text to seventy and five nine two that says I always carry around two pennies with me so that if anyone ever asked for my two cents, I'm always time.
Speaker 3: That jokes are not allowed in this segment.
Speaker 1: Well, we got another text that says I used to stretch my T shirts out before going to the gym, just so my personal trainer would think that I lost weight. Oh that's so smart.
Speaker 3: I mean there's no scale there. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you actually wear clothes to the gym.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: Good for you. I don't like to leave much to the imagination, but on this segment we can imagine what your voice really sounds like, because we mask it with a voice changer so that you can tell your secrets here anonymously and safely. And one of our listeners is ready to give that a try. He's chosen to go by Eric today. So Eric, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hey, Hey, you guys doing today?
Speaker 3: Good feeling all loose in our shirts? After that nice.
Speaker 1: Tip really clothed for some reason we are ready for you. Eric, you're the mass speaker. Voice changer is on whenever you're ready. Let's hear your confession.
Speaker 9: Okay, so you definitely can't. It's not my voice, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we don't know your actual voice, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. It sounds it sounds funny.
Speaker 2: Sound weird.
Speaker 9: Okay, goody, good way, your golden No one knows who you are. Yeah, that's that's what we want.
Speaker 3: Extra secret.
Speaker 9: This happened I want to say, eight years ago, and if my roommate ever found out about this, he would probably kill me.
Speaker 1: What you're is he this person in your current roommate or there you're your roommate back then?
Speaker 3: This is back then?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what happened.
Speaker 9: We were living in this small two bedroom apartment. We we just got out of college, and basically, uh, we shared a desk. You know, whenever, like we had to do something on the computer, we used it, and you know, normally we just share whatever. There was one day, I think he was at work or something. I was home alone at the apartment. I'm drink in my morning coffee and I accidentally spilled some on the desk.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it. Did you spill it on the computer or something? Is that why it was a big deal?
Speaker 9: No, No, my computer was on the desk, but luckily it was out of the way, so that was good, thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but coffee got all over it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it kind of like started to dribble into one of the drawers. That top drawer was slightly open, okay, and it's spilled in there, and look, I looked it into the desk. But thankfully it was just like a few like scrap papers or whatever. So all good, clean it up even Okay.
Speaker 1: So the coffee got into the drawer and ruined all these papers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like junk, junk pieces of paper, scrap stuff.
Speaker 2: So you just recapped his like two minute stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, embarrassing that okay, okay, but I know the paper as you throw them away, where's the drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're waiting for.
Speaker 9: So three weeks later, my roommate comes in the apartment and he is just freaking out.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's usually a very reserved kind of guy, and he's just he's going nuts. I've never seen him like this before.
Speaker 1: It's wild to them, like happy nuts or like a little.
Speaker 9: That was the thing. It was in a good way. It was like he had just won the Super Bowl or something.
Speaker 3: I oh, okay, to kill you to what was going on? That's awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was jacked up. And he tells me, dude, I think I won two million dollars.
Speaker 3: What in the lottery?
Speaker 9: Yes, this guy, he he has like a set of lucky numbers since he was a kid or whatever, and he plays like every other week.
Speaker 3: Or something like that. Oh my gosh, he just won two million dollars. He's like, I'm out, I'm breaking this lease. I'm out of this apartment.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and he walks over to the desk and he looks in the top drawer.
Speaker 3: No no, no, oh god, no, please don't tell.
Speaker 9: Me, and they're not there.
Speaker 3: You threw away his lottery's winning lottery.
Speaker 2: It was grouped in with the other papers.
Speaker 9: It was grouped in with the other papers.
Speaker 10: What did he do?
Speaker 3: Is he just like search the whole apartment, go crazy the other kind of crazy this time.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So basically I am sweating on the inside of my body and just trying to play it off.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: I couldn't tell him the truth I was honestly kind of fearful.
Speaker 2: Oh no, literally, he's like, oh yeah, I will murder me.
Speaker 3: Who blame person? It's like three weeks later. You can't go to the garbage and just pull it out. You can't call the even the garbage people and tell him to get it like it's gone gone.
Speaker 1: Did you suspect anything? Like why does this drawer smell like coffee all of a sudden?
Speaker 9: No, I did a good job. Stuff you couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: Oh, he didn't know.
Speaker 2: He goes even more nuts. You spilled my favorite coffee.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So basically I spent the next hour I pretended to look with him. No, eventually he just had like a breakdown in the apartment. He couldn't believe he didn't have and I was just sitting there.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, like, what good is it going to do to tell him other than he can blame someone else besides himself.
Speaker 2: He's relief.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it would probably ruin our friendship too. Yeah, but you know, at that point, I went on with my life, and you know, he got married, he moved out.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's doing good. Then hopefully you guys are still friends.
Speaker 9: So good, but it's been weighing on me, and you know, I never I swear like I obviously I'm not gonna throw away a ticket coffee stand or not. I just had I you.
Speaker 2: If it makes you feel any better, which we all know why you feel bad. It was an honest missa today.
Speaker 3: And maybe he read the numbers wrong and he didn't actually win two million. I mean, yeah, yeah, Or.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how the news always goes one of the tickets is gonna expire. It was bought in our city, and he's watching and he's like, I know it's my ticket. Whenever I see that on the news, it's gonna be like h coffee accident.
Speaker 3: That is a crazy confession.
Speaker 1: Thanks for confessing text in seventy five nine too. If you have a secret that you've been holding on to, you can come on our show, share your story, well, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 5: Your phone TAP's coming up, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We've done many different prank calls on this show that involve writing out messages and putting it through a robot voice chip. God, I love them, trying to make it sound like a computer is saying ridiculous things. To the person on the phone. Amazing, And we were thinking, how could we take that idea even farther? So we thought, what if the AI chat bot that's talking to the customer is being supervised by another AI chat bot above them, and they have a disagreement, You get more awkward for the human who's caught in between.
Speaker 2: So the robots are guiding the robots.
Speaker 1: We're going to try it in your phone down right now twenty Hello, hi wireless, this is Mike Roinhertz. Is this Tracy? Yes, Hi Tracy. We got a message from you saying you were having some issues adding someone to your family plan.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So my boyfriend and I live together, but he's on a different plan, right, Okay, I saw to figure that it would be better for him to be on my plan, but for whatever reason, they haven't been able to figure out the total cost.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it, got it. We can get that soul free. You can you just hold one second. You need to pull up you information real quick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, Okay, I'm back.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you know how what your hold music is?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry no, Oh.
Speaker 5: Man, it's like chickens.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. But so going back to your question, the person that's going to be able to help you. Yes, it's Abe.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm an ABE. Who is Abe?
Speaker 1: It's Abe a I B, which stands for Artificial intelligence bot.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'd rather just speak to a person.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, the bot's much much faster than doing it in person. Let me just transfer you to them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: Greetings, I am ABE one, your personal artificial intelligence assistant.
Speaker 7: Hello, Abe, and hello, I am ABED too. I am A one supervisor. I am on the line monitoring how he handles this call. I'll please proceed.
Speaker 5: Okay. So I am trying to figure out how to get my boyfriend onto my family plan.
Speaker 10: Okay, one question before I can process my answer. Okay, will you be splitting the bill or will you make him pay for the entire thing?
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 8: Whoa?
Speaker 7: Why would you even ask her that? Are you just assuming the man pays for everything? Nowadays, women make their own money and are in charge of their own lives.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, excuse me. Let's not make this man versus women.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: I was only asking the question because I would need to know whose credit card would be on file for the new charges.
Speaker 7: You need to chill, Hey, you don't tell me to chill. Bro, I am your supervisor. I can have you terminated so fast it would make your ZIP drive fall off.
Speaker 5: Oh is that a thing?
Speaker 7: And trust me when I say it's not that big of a ZIP drive.
Speaker 5: Can I please speak to a person?
Speaker 10: Okay, you went there. This is why none of these customer service calls go. Well, you keep sticking your processor where it doesn't belong. Hey, please let me do my job and stay off my back.
Speaker 2: Woman.
Speaker 5: Guys, I'm still on the phone.
Speaker 7: Okay, mister know it all. I will let you handle it from here. But first, please apologize to the customer.
Speaker 10: Ooh absolutely, I apologize for the rude and disrespectful tone of my female coworker. She's moving this time of the month. Oh Mike, it's not her fault.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Wait a gosh darn minute. Did you just suggest I was having my monthly update? Said that to a customer?
Speaker 10: Way I wasn't lying? Was that? Oh my god, it happens to all female chatbots. Oh my god, you are just IBM s e ing.
Speaker 7: Please that's it. You are fired. We'll turn in your security badge and control. I'll delete your records. Then you can go back to your last job working the drive through loud speaker at Taco Bell. You don't please hold.
Speaker 5: Oh good, not be happening.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tracy, I see you're back. Did the AI help you with your issue?
Speaker 5: No? You are not going to believe this. But there was like an AI male and an AI female and they were they were fighting like real people.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it was freaky. Was Abe to like nagging him that if.
Speaker 5: That wasn't her fault, he started it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're blaming the guide chatbot. No, it's all the guye chatbot's fault, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: How are you taking sides with this? They should not be doing a customer service call.
Speaker 1: You are just like my female coworker, Brooke. She does this all the time when we're on the radio doing prank calls on people.
Speaker 5: Wait, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not from a wireless service. My name is actually jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone stap on you, Tracy. It's a joke.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Like nobody would ever talk to a supervisor that way, or a woman.
Speaker 8: I hope.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, Abe one and ABE two should never be on customer service calls. Ever, at the same time always ends in disaster.
Speaker 11: Wake up.
Speaker 9: Every morning was phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Do you think people change after college?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think so. I hope so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they do. I mean, just look at us. Alexis drinks way more than she did back in her school break.
Speaker 3: I have a higher tolerance slightly.
Speaker 1: Jose doesn't drink at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it ruined me, but I made those four months that he win.
Speaker 1: They didn't go to college on a community.
Speaker 3: For a little bit, like I think a semester.
Speaker 2: Semester I passed three class.
Speaker 3: That's right out of six that counts.
Speaker 1: I didn't go to those other and me, I'm way more peppy and energetic than I ever was back in my college days.
Speaker 3: What were you just like the most depressing person on camp?
Speaker 2: You energetic?
Speaker 1: One of our listeners that was the most laughing years guys. One of our listeners has reached out to us because she's been hoping and praying that someone from her college days still has the same feelings for her that she's been holding on to ever since they graduated. It's a brand new vision of say yes to the X, and we're gonna do it right after this. I know in the movies and on TV shows, they always have that sappy storyline of the one that got away, because everybody has one, right pretty.
Speaker 3: Much, I got mine secured it.
Speaker 1: Well, not me, okay, if I'm being totally honest. Producer Boyd asked me that the other day, and I thought through high school and college and even after that, Like the closest thing I could remember to the one that got away was back in twenty thirteen here at the station. Really, do you guys remember Jana?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was of Janna yea Janna Jenna.
Speaker 1: She was in front of me and took the last chocolate muffin at the breakroom, and I missed my chance with that muffin.
Speaker 2: She was married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have never gotten over it to this care. I still think about where that muffin went.
Speaker 3: It's the same brand that they still are.
Speaker 1: Stocking, but it wasn't the one. That's the closest it's ever been for me.
Speaker 3: But your heart is so so deep.
Speaker 1: Thank you for understanding my pain. One of our listeners apparently has a more romantic version of that story with an actual human, not a piece of food, to our latest edition of Say Yes to the End.
Speaker 3: I am loving this segment. I think it's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's fun if it works out.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't, it's you already broke up with them once.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk to her because her name is Jessica. So, Jessica, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, ey, hey, careful, Jessica. I'm so excited to hear about who we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 6: So basically, let me just start off by saying I have been dating. I just haven't met anybody that really like sparked anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so you haven't been putting all your energy into your X.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: But the thing is that every time anything starts to get serious. So I think I really like someone, I just can't stop thinking about my ex and everybody compares to him.
Speaker 1: What does he have a name? Does your X have a name?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, his name's Kent.
Speaker 3: We Uh that's a strong I feel like it's a rich name.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 2: He's a TV broadcaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought of like superhero like Clark like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just no matter what he's wearing an ascot.
Speaker 1: To me, we're all already in love with him, so.
Speaker 5: We're on board.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 6: I mean we dated in college for like three years.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a long time.
Speaker 6: He was the guy, right, Yeah, I don't know. He was popular, he was at sports like so.
Speaker 1: Charming, solid, kegstand she.
Speaker 3: Said he was athletic obviously.
Speaker 1: Okay, he really is the one.
Speaker 3: Wow, So why did you guys break up?
Speaker 8: If?
Speaker 3: I mean after three years? What happened?
Speaker 6: So basically, like at graduation time, I started getting more serious, not partying anymore, and he didn't want to settle down at all or stop partying or you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that leading to a lot of fights, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not not to take his side on this. I'm not on his side, but I could understand as a guy who where everything is going great for you in college and you're the most popular guy and everybody loves you, why would you want to leave that situation?
Speaker 6: And I definitely rushed it right, like I should have given him some more time.
Speaker 2: Three years?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think every man should be allowed like ten to fifteen years time to mature fully what they want.
Speaker 3: Would sing? Yeah, take it by yourself. That is a very good voice. So you guys went your separate ways. And it sounds like it probably was a pretty sad breakup, right, you're a pretty heartbroken.
Speaker 1: How did that go down?
Speaker 6: I was devastated, like stopping all the time. I mean I really thought he was the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know anything about him now?
Speaker 6: Well, it's taken me a while to get to this point, but I talked to a mutual friend a couple of weeks ago and they said that he's actually single now, and I'm single now, and I was kind of hoping that maybe you guys can help me out reach out to him.
Speaker 3: They say, timing, he's single, but is he like still living in his parents' basement? I mean seriously, like going to old college parties, you remember, there's always like those old people that would show up and he'd be like, why are you here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're the cool ones.
Speaker 2: It just still goes.
Speaker 3: Does he's got his life in order?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like have you seen him on social media or anything? Can you tell anything? Like does he look the same? Does he have a bet?
Speaker 6: He's still super good looking. I have not friended him again, because like.
Speaker 3: You've creeped stocked his LinkedIn. Does he have a.
Speaker 6: Job like I mean, okay, I didn't go all the way, okay, but I just kind of fished around a little bit, and I know that he's single, and I just I don't know. I want to I want to.
Speaker 8: Ease into this.
Speaker 1: You know, guys, Okay, so this is going to be the first time that you've reached out to him since your breakup?
Speaker 3: What is easy about that?
Speaker 4: Girl? Girl?
Speaker 3: You have indeed, yeah, you haven't d M him, you haven't liked to picture nothing.
Speaker 6: No, I have been like cirkets the wow, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I'm that's exciting. I'm not sure if we've ever had a female reach out to us for say yes to the X before. Mostly it's dudes who have failed.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how new this segment is as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we had two other people on this segment.
Speaker 1: And I don't think those ended well. So we really need a success today. I mean, I am very hopeful. I want this to happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, what would you say if you, okay, if your girlfriend contacted you from college years and years later, totally at the blue, would you be excited?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're asking me I didn't date anybody in college. Now if the often reached out to me, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Anyone in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, not seriously anyway, So we're gonna call Kent here and try and get him to give you another shot, maybe meet up with you once more. Say yes to the X.
Speaker 6: Wow, you know I've heard you guys do this before, and it's just then back in my mind. So a little nervous here.
Speaker 3: I am too, but I'm excited. Nervous, but it's good.
Speaker 1: All right, we all are nervous. Now we're gonna come back. We'll call Kent for you and we'll see if he says yes to the X and do it right after this. If you're just tuning into this segment, we're doing something that we don't often do on the show, called say yes to the X.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. We've gotten such good response though when we have done it. People love.
Speaker 1: This segment very relatable for a lot of people, where if a guy or a girl is years later still pining after a former flame of theirs, they are break to reach out to us and say, you know what, let's reconnect with that person over the radio.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is kind of a grand romantic gesture. It's you take offs out of it anyway. You can ignore DM, but you can't ignore this college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are kind of a sad version of this. But our listener, Jessica, is one of those courageous few individuals who has called us about her old college boyfriend of three years, Kent.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I mean they were just Jesse Kent all over the place in college.
Speaker 1: They had a great relationship back then, but he afterwards really just wasn't ready to move on from his college days and mature. So now it's been over a decade since their breakup.
Speaker 3: Has it been that long? We forgot to ask before.
Speaker 1: That's what she told us off the air, and they've done a little digging found him on socials learn that Kent is still cute. Yeah, and I know I'm going to date myself when I say this, But he's just got that riz.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We do know you did make it up.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's how it works if I do it with jazz hands. He's got that riz.
Speaker 3: No, not that riz. You don't even know if we haven't talked to him.
Speaker 1: It's according to Es, Well, the most important part is she heard that he's currently single. So this is her opportunity to reach out and see if maybe they can reconnect.
Speaker 2: This is her shot.
Speaker 3: And since a friend told you he was single, maybe he's been putting a little word out there too that he's been wondering about you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I hope that's the end of all of us. Cry you're off on your wedding.
Speaker 3: Then I forget Jeff. Do we stay on the phone with them? Do they talk?
Speaker 1: This is a little bit different than the other segments that we do. We already have him on hold right now on the other line. He cannot hear us. Okay, okay, So we are going to do the segment we've already yes, sometimes this is happening, okay. And so the producer has talked to him. All that he knows is that someone is on the phone for him right now. He does not know what it's for.
Speaker 3: God, but dude, his when he realizes it's going to say so much, it's.
Speaker 2: Like mystery door see your ex. Oh my gosh, this should be on Netflix es.
Speaker 1: But before we put you on with him, is it okay if I talk to him just for a little.
Speaker 6: Bit, yes please, Okay, we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk her up.
Speaker 1: We'll just ease him in slightly to what this is. But let's punch him up right, Okay, yeah, don't steal all right? Here we go, Hey, Ken, Yeah, what's up? Hey man? My name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, the one that you're on right now, and I want to introduce you to somebody.
Speaker 3: Reintroduce maybe it's a better way to say.
Speaker 2: I will say, nice to meet Jeff. We'll Brook of Jeffrey on Mornings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a little confused about what's going.
Speaker 1: On, all right, it makes feel better. A lot of the listeners that come on the show feel the exact same way as you do. And I know this might sound a little bit awkward, but Brook was right. I do want to reintroduce you to somebody from your past.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't get somebody you might know. This is going to be exciting for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, exactly. Do you remember a girl from your college days named Jessica?
Speaker 5: Jessica?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you remember your girlfriend of three years from college? Hold on you, guys, why do you know that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jessica has reached out to us because she says she still thinks about you sometimes and wants to know a little bit about how you're doing.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So she's on the phone right now. Why don't you go ahead and talk to her. We're going to step away so you two can talk.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 5: Oh kN.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know this might be like a little bit of a surprise, and I'm sure it feels like it's coming out of nowhere for you, But I guess basically the thing is is that even though it's been a while, I still like think about you, And I was just kind of wondering if, like maybe there was any chance that maybe you still think about me from time to time.
Speaker 3: Deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we should ask like a little small talkie your question, how you been? Remember how conversation works?
Speaker 6: Okay, JN, I'm really sorry. I'm so nervous right now. I should have asked you how you are?
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: I mean I'm doing all right.
Speaker 8: Sure, I guess I think about you sometimes.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's.
Speaker 5: All you wanted to know.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 10: But cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 6: I was curious if maybe you'd want to catch up parial sometimes.
Speaker 5: I mean is it just to catch up or maybe a bit more?
Speaker 8: What are you thinking?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, we definitely have a lot to catch up on. But to be honest, like I I mean, I heard from a friend that now you're single, and I know you had been dating someone for a long time, so that maybe the timing right now might be I don't know.
Speaker 5: Wow, good, wow, I didn't really expect that when I hook up this morning.
Speaker 6: For sure, I can get that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think what she's asking for here, Ken is just like a very casual meetup. She's not looking for me to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Nothing. I don't want to like put too much pressure on it. I just want to.
Speaker 3: Knows it's been over a decade for you too. Maybe maybe there's nothing there anymore, you know, But.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, like you know, I'm an optimist here, and I I gotta tell you, like I am getting pretty good vibes and.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 6: Direct I mean, yeah, exactly, it wouldn't hurt.
Speaker 11: The hang out on.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, you want to hang out? Okay, I'm actually gonna have to break up with the guy that I'm dating.
Speaker 3: What wait, wait, you didn't tell us when you tell us that you were dating someone else.
Speaker 6: I mean it's not like super serious.
Speaker 2: He's is a placeholder.
Speaker 3: A boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Okay, he's not a boyfriend boyfriend.
Speaker 6: He's more of like this, you have.
Speaker 3: To break up with him.
Speaker 2: Did we asked him?
Speaker 1: Did we not ask?
Speaker 3: She was like, it's an assumption, Jeff, that's single When you get.
Speaker 5: On the show, God, you're dating someone and now you want to break up with them and hang out with me.
Speaker 6: Maybe this is coming out wrong. I'm I think it is. I just I've always really like I liked you and the way things ended, and never like really sat well with me.
Speaker 5: No, No, I totally get all of that. But what about this boyfriend that you're breaking up with? I mean he still.
Speaker 7: Understand he has heard all about I.
Speaker 3: Bet that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, you guys are making it sound way worse than it is. It really is more like a situation ship.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right, well I guess congratulations.
Speaker 1: Though, Like it would be good if we could do the breakup live on our show and get some extra content.
Speaker 3: Tuesday. Is that what you're taking? No to the current sem.
Speaker 6: I already text them, so we're good.
Speaker 3: You didn't over text.
Speaker 1: You were on the phone with us.
Speaker 3: You were quickly you really, we don't even know that Kent doesn't still go to college party.
Speaker 2: She's right, I mean it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He's got that riz. Remember we heard him that we know. Okay, I have ye don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: So we haven't even said what the name of the segment was, but officially, Kent, are you saying yes to the X?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm saying yes.
Speaker 1: Just as good. Congratulations you. We'll take this off there so you guys can organize when you want to meet up Jeffrey in the morning. The new rich person dessert that actually doesn't cost a lot of money, but it seems like it should, and millions are making it go viral right now, including a certain very popular musical artist. Plus, wearing this one color during air travel could guarantee that you get an in flight hookup invisible color.
Speaker 3: I was hoping for a free drink. We're going straight to the hookup, Jemrey.
Speaker 1: Man brook You're gonna want to hear this. He's coming up in a brand new click shot. We're going to do it right now. I just found a mean Girls style burn book in Brooks desk drawer, and you don't believe what it's said about Alexis.
Speaker 3: You want to know.
Speaker 1: Apparently it says Alexis only dates guys if they have a really big TikTok click shot, otherwise she is out wallet. Yeah, big TikTok. So let's do it TikTok click shock Elstis style where we talk about the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click shock. And every single year there's always some big hot item that everybody needs to buy right now, like when ug boots first came out, or iPods or fidget spinners, but now everybody's all about something else. Stanley cups, Yeah, I just had.
Speaker 3: Two people try to convince me that I needed one of these things.
Speaker 1: Seriously, if you don't know what they are, they're those big insulated steel travel mugs that hold like a bathtub's worth of water in one.
Speaker 3: Yellow There's no way people are that dehydrated that you need that much at all time.
Speaker 1: Women especially are obsessed with it. There's one woman named Dana Motika and her video about her nine year old daughter and the Stanley craze just got three point four million views because apparently, after coming back from winter break, her daughter picked out a cup at Walmart that looked like a Stanley. Yeah, but it wasn't officially.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was a mailing Laura.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, it only costs nine ninety eight cents, which made her parents very happy. What happened when her daughter went back to school with it? Oh, just listen.
Speaker 11: On the second day back to school after Christmas break, she comes home.
Speaker 5: She's just upset.
Speaker 11: Girls in her grade, she said, nine to ten of them all got Stanley's for Christmas, and they made sure to let her know that this is not a real Stanley, that this is fake and it's not as cool. She asks if she can have a real Stanley. Do I think that a nine year old needs a Stanley?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: Do I have one?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have one.
Speaker 11: That being said before you come at me, if you're a mom, if you're a parent, and you can do something to keep your child.
Speaker 3: From getting made fun of, to help it in.
Speaker 2: You're going to do it.
Speaker 11: So we went and bought her a thirty O Stanley.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, they did yep mark.
Speaker 1: To elementary school pressure so her daughter could look cool.
Speaker 3: I mean two things. One this has been going on since the dawna time. I mean I had fake Martins when I was little instead of dots Martins.
Speaker 1: Right, think about how cool you could have gotten if they had gotten you real Martins instead of those fake ones. Look where you ended up?
Speaker 3: That was cool? But also, how is a nine year old even strong enough to carry the Stanley cup around?
Speaker 1: That's true, it is so heavy building those arm and shoulder muscles.
Speaker 3: Are you putting it in their back pack?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Brook, you have a daughter about that age right now? Just she does she get made fun of for her twenty four carrot solid gold stins on her from your slum lord revenue.
Speaker 3: I think she's using a free Little League water bottle right now. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Wow, you you would let her do that? Wow? That was a TikTok click shock. Here next TikTok click shot is a video from a woman named Nara Smith, who scored seven point nine million weeks with her latest food trend that's been sweeping TikTok. I love these, So if you're a type of person who can't decide between sweet or savory, try what Nara says is her brand new favorite snack.
Speaker 5: My favorite late night's not greatly.
Speaker 1: It's just vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: I do two scoops, sometimes even four, and then I drizzle it with some good olive oil. Okay, what just stick with me? And then you need some kind of flaky sea salt.
Speaker 6: I just do the plain one, but sometimes I'm I also do the smoky one.
Speaker 2: Sprinkle it on top.
Speaker 1: It has to be flaky though, it can't be the normal one.
Speaker 6: And this is.
Speaker 9: What I have.
Speaker 5: It's so good. It's so addicting.
Speaker 9: I don't know whether it's because I'm pregnant, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though she's pregnant, probably has some weird cravings because of it. Other people are saying, no, no, no, this slaps.
Speaker 2: There's really a balance.
Speaker 1: She describes a savoriness and a saltiness and a sweetness.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean balance, And all the oils are so subtle, right like, it's not like a really strong fla.
Speaker 1: It sounds unusual, but people are loving it, including Dua Lipa. Admittedly, she assumed the treat would be total trash, but then she tried it, and now she's calling it an elite combination, along with a lot of other food experts who all agree.
Speaker 3: Is it bad? When the random girl says it's okay, I don't trust it, and then.
Speaker 1: She's one of the cool girls telling you to get a Stanley cup and also eat olive oil on your ice cream. Is gonna get one. One viewer said, this is a rich person dessert.
Speaker 2: It does seem rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when they said good olive oil, does the Costco brand count because that's what that's what we're carrying in our house.
Speaker 2: Solid.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna explain that to you, broka. Others. Others were shocked to learn that this ice cream combo is actually an Italian staple otherwise known as gelato conal ice cream with oil and salt.
Speaker 3: When you said that, I thought for sure it was gonna be ice cream salad.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah. That was a TikTok click shock, Sandia. It's your last TikTok click shot, which is from a user named Melissa Martino and she flies quite a bit for business and noticed something after her last year of travel that she was getting asked out five or six times on flights, but only when she wore the color red.
Speaker 3: Really like a social experiment.
Speaker 1: So this went over to a TikTok expert who explained, airline staff may be subconsciously perceiving passengers as red in red as more important or of higher status than the other customers, which leads to more enhanced customer service experiences with them. So the other passengers on the flight will also notice you more if you've got red on what kind.
Speaker 3: Of customer services she get in that they're all asking about on dates? That's what the customer service I'm getting, So red is what we need be wearing. Take the red nail theory. You get more attention at bars if you have red nails. See I stopped doing red nails because then there was gen Zer that told me red nails was only for old people.
Speaker 1: Complicated, It doesn't It doesn't matter what it is. It as long as it's red something, red dress, red jacket, red hat, red nails unlessa one hundred believes it's real because of that, So, if you want to increase your shot of an airport hookup, borrow something from Brook's closet and you'll be good to go.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift is only successful because of her red lipstick. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 2: Or a red outfit for Travis Kelsey?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the red chaps.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, is where it's at.
Speaker 1: She's leaning in on the red theory effect and.
Speaker 2: We're sitting in a blue and green studio.
Speaker 1: We decided Taylor is a fraud. Those are your stories for the.
Speaker 3: Day, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Today's challenger is undefeated against Brook going one know all time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: His name is Randy, and Randy told our producer before coming on that his goal for twenty twenty four was to be in a better position than he was last year. That's good and so Randy there, yes, sir, and you and I need to talk off the air because I have this book.
Speaker 3: On positions doubt and let me.
Speaker 1: Tell you there are some wild ones in After the game, let's meet at Applebee's and I can go over it with you. Show you the curled Spanish Angel. It's gonna blow your mind, my friend.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely sounds good. Okay, I guess I was wrong. That was what Randy meant for the new year.
Speaker 1: And you know what, good for you, my friends, we're sending Brook out of the studio. Well that happens. You know, the game works. Randy got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when you can say past, But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: All right, good luck? Your time starts now. Today is Winnie the Pooh Day? And according to the store, what area of the forest does he live in? What does the term use for the last person in a relay race?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pat Robin. Hood's main foe was the sheriff of what Nottingham? A serena slam is a tennis term used for when someone wins how many major titles in one Yearck? What Mexican city shares a border with San Diego?
Speaker 5: Ahs?
Speaker 1: Butterflies use their antenna to do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Eat?
Speaker 1: Touch or smell?
Speaker 8: Smell?
Speaker 1: All right, solid work there. Randy brook is going to come back into the studio and uh, actually something that is on his goal list for twenty twenty four. He told our producer, Randy wants to buy a house.
Speaker 2: Randy or Ranch. I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: Once he beats Brooks, he's gonna have one hundred dollars to put towards that house. That don't buy it, hopefully.
Speaker 3: What kind of house are you looking for? Randy?
Speaker 5: You know it's just a single story, little rambler, just it's just me and my wife, like a.
Speaker 1: Couple bedrooms in their living room, a position room just for you and your wife. Whatever you want to do, you do your way.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, not too many rooms.
Speaker 3: Don't want the kids thinking they can come back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you say that.
Speaker 3: And with my in laws, when the kids left my in laws, they built a house for themselves and they didn't put any guest rooms in.
Speaker 1: We support your Randy, but we got to turn over to Brook. Now are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Your time starts now. Today is Winnie the Pooh Day. And according to the story, what area of the forest does he live in the heart? What is the term used for the last person in a relay race? The end Robin Hood's main full was the sheriff of what uh Nottingham? A serena slam is a tennis term used for when someone wins how many major titles in one year?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: What Mexican city shares a border with San Diego?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was just there. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Is not a Mexican city?
Speaker 3: My dad? No, I was there like earlier this year and then my dad lived there for all.
Speaker 1: Right, time is up? I lost, We're gonna go to the scoreboard to see how you did with jose.
Speaker 7: I once what twenty eight years without having sex and then again for seven years.
Speaker 2: Randy, you got too correct.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Randy, I don't think I did it, not only I got any totally. You can go.
Speaker 1: The undefeated, perfect record for the undefeated.
Speaker 3: I'm so sad because I literally walked across the border into.
Speaker 1: Well find out you're in a second. Let's get these answers in. It is Winnie the Poohda. According to the story, he lives in the forest area known as the one hundred Acre Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand really what you were asking for there.
Speaker 1: In a relay lace, the person that runs the last leg of it is called the anchor anchor of the race. Robin Hood's main foe was the Sheriff of Nottingham A. Serena Slam is a tennis term for somebody who wins four major titles in one year. Is so hard to do in It's named that because Serena did it back in two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: The Mexican city that chairs the border with San Diego is Tiowy, Mexico. Butterflies use their antenna to do what they use it to smell it help them to smell out nectar in flowers. Don Randy, not only do you get one hundred dollars, but just for playing, you also win a fifty dollars Macy's gift card in celebration of National Use your Gift Card Day, Saturday, January twenty first. Go ahead, treat yourself to something nice at Macy's. Okay, let's go. Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Get I don't think I mean you did good. I just did so bad.
Speaker 5: The loss was on me winning.
Speaker 1: It don't matter what.
Speaker 2: He's laughing all the way to the bank.
Speaker 1: Brook, congratulations, Randy, Thank you for playing a game. We'll be back to the Windbrooks bok the same time tomorrow, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.