Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 5: A bu bu boozy.
Speaker 3: Listening to show, I don't joy yeah, joy, you.
Speaker 2: Know you turn.
Speaker 6: Love turn, you gotta turn.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 6: You probably got to turn the mouth, turn the mouth.
Speaker 2: Water the mona.
Speaker 7: Look, come on, come on, you'll think, uh huh I sure, well, good morning everybody you're listening to the voice, come on dig me now.
Speaker 2: One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. I need everybody today, everybody that's listening, I need you to catch fire today. I want you to catch fire today. You want to phrase it another way, I want you to catch on fire today, but I need you to catch fire today. I need today to be today that you stop complaining and you do something. Do you know why a lot of people can't move forward in their life because they complaining about their past? They always complaining, man about something? Is that explains the reason why they are. Let me help you with this right here. If you are steady complaining about the reason you are, you know, if I hadn't met this man, if I hadn't have been involved with this woman, and if I hadn't have had this baby, if I had never went down there, if I hadn't have got arrested, if I hadn't this, if I hadn't it at, if I had a just finished school, if I had to Hey, hey, hey, hey, stop stop all that stuff that you're complaining about, everything that you keep allowing to resonate with you as a reason to justify and explain you not being successful. Can I share something with you about all of that? Guess what it is? You done, got past all of it. You didn't have the baby, you got arrested, they didn't kill you, you didn't finish school, but you're still standing. You met that man, he gone, He involved with two other women. Right now, I got three other kids. Guess what. You still here and the baby's here. You got over all the injustices that were done to you. You got something happened to you when you was a kid. You're an adult now. Somebody did something to you when you was a little boy. Guess what, man, Now, some things happen to you that you haven't found closure on. The person that you're looking for closure from has moved on. Can I tell you that everything that has happened to you? Do you know you've gotten pasted it? So why are you steady complaining about what has happened to you that has caused you to be in this position? But do you understand that it's prohibiting you from moving forward? Stop complaining today, catch fire, Let your pass be your past. I've told this to you one hundred times on this radio, but I'm gonna say it again. Bishop Jakes told me something man that helped me so greatly. You can't drive your car if you gonna keep looking in the rear view mirror. That's why the windshield is huge. The windshield is huge. The rearview mirror is this tiny thing that sits up there. Now all is far. It's so you can see stuff that's coming up on you. All the rearview mirror for is so you can assure yourself. Oh, listen to this. The realview mirror is imp there to assure you that you've cleared something.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 2: That's what the rearview mirrors for. So when you pass the can you want to switch lanes, you can glance up there and it says, okay, you're clear. Now you passed it. You can switch lanes. That's all the rearview mirrors for. It ain't for you to stare at and dictate your life with what you're tripping for. Man, catch fire today today, Man, quit complaining about everything that did happened to you. Life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent. What you do about what happens to you? What are you going to do about it? So what I got all this? Look, man, your story ain't no deeper than nobody else's. I can tell you I was homeless for three years. It's people been homeless for thirty years. How long I'm gonna ride that out?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: You know I can't do nothing right now. I fell on hard times and I lost my place to stay. Where you staying now? See the majority of people are staying somewhere right now. I was out there. I didn't have nowhere to go. I'm in a shelter. Now. You was under the bridge a week ago. You into shelter. Now why you still crying about the bridge? You in a shelter now. Man. You know how you find your purpose? You get in touch with who created you. Because when God made you, he had a purpose in mind. Now we've ignored it and we haven't tapped into it. But we all had a purpose. You don't, and it's sometimes it takes people be longing to discover the purpose. Colonel Sanders was frying chicken with a recipe that he was telling people was the best chicken in the world. Ain't nobody believe him till he turned seventy. Why you think the dude that's on the Kentucky Fried Chicken signs is old. That dude ain't twenty up there he oh, he oh, But you know what, he had been frying that chicken for forty some years. They just found out about it when he was seventy. But he didn't give up his purpose in life. This dude was just frying chicken. See, people keep looking for their gifts in all kinds of places when it's right there in you. You ain't got to go to school to find your gift. You're born with the gift that God got for you. You'll go to school to tack it on to something else. But your gift was already given to you. You were born with that. You don't have to go to college to know your gift. Your college allows you to enhance it and to find something to attach it to and hopefully you get a degree that attaches your gift to a vehicle where it can work. The problem with college is we go to college and we attach it to what we like or what we might be passionate about, nor the gift we have. You know how many people and graduated from college ain't doing nothing they went to college for. Come on, man, you know why because you discovering life, your gift. You discover what you was born to do. I wasn't bought you know what I mean? You know what my major was in college? It was advertising. I can't be at no death, drawing, no picture for nobody. But now guess what I can wake up every day and guess what I can tell you. I advertise. I've been advertising my career. Come see me live. Come see me live at Madison Square, guard Come see me live at Phillips Winga. Come see me live at Jokers Comedy Club. Come see me live at Percy's. Come see me live at Elisis Tabitt. Come see me live. I've been advertising the whole time, but I had a different purpose in mind because I went and I talked to God. And this is how you do it. You go talk to God and say, hey, God, look, okay, this is the deal. I've been struggling here. I'm over forty. I still haven't found my purpose in life. Okay, but so I can quit wasting any more time? Would you help direct me and guide me to my purpose? I know you created me to do something. I just haven't found what it is. And the reason I haven't found what it is because I've been doing things my way. I ain't been checking with you, confirming with you on anything. I ain't locked in. I tried to settle it up with you. I've been just doing my thing. Well, my thing has gotten me as far as it can get me. How about you take over and do your thing now? Can you direct me in my path? I'm an open book. Treat me like a piece of clay. I'm telling you, man, if you go to God, he'll give it to you. But see you have not because you ask not. How many times have you asked God for it? This ain't no magic trick, y'all. This is the deal. You got to catch fire today. Catch fire today, I am. I'm excited about today. I've got a lot to do.
Speaker 9: You're listening, show.
Speaker 2: You know what today? It's today? After the birthday. But I'm still doing the birthday because.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know on you and I ain't even really one of them people that do birthday weeks and birthday months and all like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm still just glad I made it. That's all it is. You're greatlad I made it, man, because I had a couple of woo moments along that way. Now, but it didn't look like Steve har Marny show jamming this morning.
Speaker 10: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Hope you feel good today.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: Did you tell God you appreciate him working up? Because that's who did it. Let's get that thing started with the right gratitude because if you got the right gratitude and affect your attitude, and once you change your attitude and change altitude, that's we got to remember that show Strawberry calling for real, Junior or Nephew Tommy, Mississippi Monica, all of us we here, Jr.
Speaker 1: Junior?
Speaker 11: YEA, how you feel you.
Speaker 4: Feel different? Do you feel changed?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit. Yeah, I'm still fly. I ain't gonna change, but you know, like I ain't.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna ever quit pivot that that that.
Speaker 1: That that, that's just not I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not finna do that doog? You know? I guess though, man, probably what I'm most changed about is and Carl has said it best. We were talking off the air, well, I really don't care. Oh yeah, I don't care. Listen, do you know what, man? If I don't know you and I know you don't know me, and you start saying something about me that ain't the truth, man, what do I care? I could care less, man, And why would you address it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Somebody has told me reached. They said, Man, so you are gonna Are you gonna dress any of this stuff that's out there on the internet? I said, no, I'm not, I said, because you have to understand something.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: The internet only has power over you if you give it to them. And I have yet to see I have yet to see this is me now, Vista Equity, Apple, Delta Airlines, Coca Cola, Amazon, I have yet to see them on a blog site talking about nobody. I've yet to see. I've never seen a major company, major human being on a blog talking about somebody. So if I'm aiming to be major. Why would I not act like the majors act? Yes, sir, So that's man, that's that's the new thing about me.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm really really good, man, I'm really really good and grateful to man because God. You know what God has done for me. Really, He's given me a level of peace. He's given me peace of mind.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 13: See, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we will hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now to run that prank back with the nephew. Nephew, what you got for us?
Speaker 4: This is the classic nephew pranks.
Speaker 2: The yeah, I mean, while I was trying to be a better Christian.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we're going.
Speaker 2: That's not every day.
Speaker 4: Now here we go. It ain't price the uncle. Let's go ket though.
Speaker 8: So what did you say?
Speaker 14: I'm saying to you right now that he's telling on everybody. He's sitting on there.
Speaker 8: He got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 5: Man, That ain't my book.
Speaker 8: That's his damn books. Put him on the phone here. I'm gonna tell him. I don't know why he stayed to stay. He ain't writing about you. He had told on me.
Speaker 14: He's told all my boys. He's telling on everybody.
Speaker 8: Man, he go his book ain't got nothing to do with you, man, No.
Speaker 14: No, nobody his book do got something to do with me? Because everything that stayed. Don't learn if he was growing up from the hood telling on everybody. And I'm tired of this. He ought to go somewhere and sit down. I know.
Speaker 8: No, you gotta get right with your girl.
Speaker 14: If he's stolen my girl, he ain't got no business coming in my house in my car.
Speaker 8: Telling every damn thing. So hello, Hello, who who is this?
Speaker 14: Who is it?
Speaker 8: Hold on, man, this Steve Harvey? Who is this? This is your team?
Speaker 14: Man? Listen here. Man, Okay, I'm gonna fall with your nephew. And I'm just saying this to you, Steve. Okay, hold up till you dude. I see you in the front of Aspence, I see you on the on the family field on your radio show. So why don't you go somewhere and sit out and quit telling on everybody. I mean, if I'm everything, Steve, I'm right in the car with my family. I gotta turn my radio heat because you telling game. We grow up sticking together.
Speaker 8: If I run in the middle game to make my ends.
Speaker 14: Meet or whatever it is, that's my business.
Speaker 8: You ain't got a running on me.
Speaker 5: Hold up, hold old.
Speaker 8: First of all, I don't know who you are.
Speaker 14: I know you don't, but I know who you are, and we listen to the show. Okay, her first thing you gonna do, though, back up a little bit.
Speaker 8: Dumb because you're talking to me ways and Steve, ain't nobody scared of you because you got money on it says I'm nothing to do with no money, and I'm gonna be too many.
Speaker 14: Listen, I put a minute and where they just enjoy your life. You find the perfect why no, you you found the perfect person, the perfect relationship. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 8: Goddess, hold up, don't put God in this. Leave God out of this because you ain't calling from the God. It ain't gonna see people kill me with that part right there, God bless you.
Speaker 5: Don't throw God.
Speaker 8: You don't want God bless me because you're talking too crazy to me. That's for starters right there. But since you talking crazy to me, let me turn you onto something. You out that running game. That's your problem.
Speaker 5: Run your game.
Speaker 8: You can't get mad at me because I'm doing what I do. Man, y'all kill me. You out there doing what you want to do, like you all in this right here. Then you coming to me because I'm trying to empower somebody. I don't give a damn botch you man, feel how you want to feel about me. But what you ain't gonna do, though, is talk to me like you Clay, because I ain't playing in Steven. Let's make the player feel fair.
Speaker 14: Okay. You got the airways, you got the microphone, you got the ability to touch a lot of people. Okay, and you're just telling you're.
Speaker 8: A walking talking them. Hold on, hold up, this ain't got nothing to do with the airways. You got nothing to do with the media. That's just me and you talking. I talk to you personally. Personally, me and you can talk anybody. I don't like a man there called you talking all this yet see his people like you. Man, dog, You know why I wrote a book in the first place, because you're always somewhere trying to act like you something that you in. Now you've got the sauce on the phone. Now you're trying to mention about money into me. This just me and you, just two men.
Speaker 14: Talking, not what you want. And if there's two men men talking there from one man to another, watch you just go somewhere and sit down and quit telling.
Speaker 8: First of all, I ain't even got to sit down. You already doing nothing as it is. See the soon did somebody go out and do something? Try to do something positive? You got some more shaking, big shimmy wabb like you sitting up in here, man wanting to go sit down somewhere. I ain't gonna sitting down, No, damn well, you can mince me with that. I say what I want to say. And who are you anyway? You ain't even doing nothing?
Speaker 14: Tell me I ain't doing nothing. I'll tell you what I am doing. I'm trying to do something. And every time I take a step, you take two steps.
Speaker 8: I can't long hand hand hold. Man, when y'all kill me? Why don't you quit trying and do something? You wanta steal me? Man? With that on you trying to do something? Why don't you do something? Thog You shinn't have been here talking to me about what you're trying. You try of selling that same thing to your people. You trying what even tie to me? And trying stuff? When you gonna do something, I'm.
Speaker 14: Doing something right now. Stay now, who's talking to me on the floor.
Speaker 8: You canna be improving your relationship with your girl or whoever you're trying to get it together, But you're on the phone with me complaining because I wrote a book. Man, don't read the damn book. You probably ain't read it, no way, And don't watch the TV show. You probably ain't working enough to pay.
Speaker 14: The build no how I look, wait a minute, Jo, you don't know nothing about me. Okay, you don't know nothing about my finances.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean. I don't hang about your finances. This about you as a man.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 8: Do you know what y'all killing here? What y'all do to me?
Speaker 5: What y'all do to me?
Speaker 8: Y'all always talking to me on an email somewhere. You're always on the blog talking about me. You don't even know me. Then when you're getting me freaks to think you want to bring up money, this contains they haven't got nothing to do about money. I ain't brought the money one time. It's about manhood. Now, why don't you do that?
Speaker 5: Right there?
Speaker 14: Wait a minute now, Steve, it ain't about money now because you got it, Okay, cause your guy when you wasn't broke, I bet that wasn't your.
Speaker 6: Just what?
Speaker 8: Ain't that just what? The when I was broke though I was working, I wasn't sitting on the phone crying to some other men by what he making me feel with my wife. Yeah, at that time, I take a step forward. You got me taking two step on. That's why you ain't taking.
Speaker 14: A step But.
Speaker 8: I tell you something, because you just got Frank.
Speaker 5: I just pregnant.
Speaker 8: I just oh, I'll be back and then I'll.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 13: Coming up next, ask the clo or Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour. In Entertainment News, we'll get a recap of Steve's birthday celebration. We want to know what you did, who you hung with? Steve, all your business okay. Plus Martin Lawrence says he's doing just fine despite fans worried about his appearance at the Emmys, and Forrell Williams reveals the new Louis Vuitton menswear Fall Winter twenty twenty four to twenty five collection. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Elise in Omaha. Elise writes, I relocated for work and I left my boyfriend of eleven years behind. My coworker told me he has a crush on me, and he said we should go out because eleven years is too long to wait for a man to marry me and long distance relationships don't work. Is he really interested in dating me? Or is he trying to sleep with me?
Speaker 2: Both? So now we at you know A A, I'll stop. How old are you? Yeah? You got enough money to relocate and you got a job where you can shift position. And you don't know the answer to that question? What did you put on your application? Who don't want to sleep with little girl? He wants to sleep with you and date you both of them? What next question?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 13: All right, okay, moving on to Dora and Tenec good hell will?
Speaker 4: What he want?
Speaker 2: What do you think you're talking to you for?
Speaker 1: Well, she wrote you to find out. Now she knows.
Speaker 2: He asked you what your dreams and ambitions was? He tried to destroy the one dude that's keeping him from sleeping with you.
Speaker 10: That's what they do, Okay, all right at the knowledge, right, all right, Dora and Tenuck says, I live in a senior living center and I'm dating a man that lives there, lives here.
Speaker 13: He's hurt because I didn't introduce my son to him someday. My man is a lot younger, and I don't want my son to think I'm sleeping around. Am I overthinking my decision?
Speaker 2: Well, we don't really get letters from assistant senior citizen living home. When you say your son came by and your man who is much younger, but he lived at too.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to sixty something. He could be fifty something or.
Speaker 2: In a senior citizen assistant living center. I'm sixty seven. I ain't know what near that? And then what dude you dating live at? But he's much younger and he mad because you to introduce him to your son? What the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: What is this about?
Speaker 4: J Anthony Brown?
Speaker 2: Because show wow, because this sounds like some tirler pair of assistant living type thing. Lady, I can't, I can't help you. I don't know what I never been to her assistant living places. Not really what if she's.
Speaker 1: Like seventy and he's like in his sixties or you know.
Speaker 2: That, ain't gonna maybe tell most women look better than me and when they age me and life span shorter. We on the different kind of stress. I don't what's next? What's wrong in her question? Today?
Speaker 4: You want to move on? All right?
Speaker 2: But I can't help her because I can't get the visual you know, I like visualize my answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how old are you?
Speaker 14: You?
Speaker 2: Ninety something?
Speaker 1: She's seventy. Came to see is he's sixty seventy?
Speaker 2: She said, don't say that, Charley.
Speaker 13: Okay, we'll just say she will say that in a letter. She's seventy, a senior citizen living.
Speaker 1: Center, she's seventy. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not. I'm sixty seven.
Speaker 4: I'm nothing to stay.
Speaker 1: There about you? What I'm talking about, That's what the issue is. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something, man. I got an a r P card. Yeah, and they started talking about, no, you know you now qualify for discount, for your damn discount. I asked you for nothing but writing me for you know, I get you a for come at me like I'm old.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see you live there for a week though, sor living center.
Speaker 2: We're playing shuffle ball at come on, we're gonna pitch pennies. I'm gonna have pitching pennies and shooting.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, all right, Moving on to Yo in Chicago, Yao says I work at the third.
Speaker 1: Shift, and when I got home, my wife was not home.
Speaker 13: She said she ran to get some bacon so she could feed me, and she was looking way too cute at seven am for the store. I think she was out creeping. How do you tell if a woman is lying?
Speaker 2: M that's gonna be hard though, because they real good oooh, they're good at it. She looked way too good to go to the store to get some way to m hm, you know your wife went to get some bacon and put some lipstick on and stuff. Well, let me ask some dog. When she got back with the bacon. Was the lipstick still on her face? Was it still straight? Was her clothes pulled together?
Speaker 13: Maybe she just maybe she takes pride in her appearance and she wanted to look nice.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, that's what he's said. All of a sudden, she ain't been going to the stove by bacon from the early anymore.
Speaker 1: Now that's all that is.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: He was gonna come on, come on, come on, protect the ladies. Come on.
Speaker 4: How s that is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looked, So she did her hair, putting makeup on in an outfit to go to stove get some bacon. Yes, she been slipping on them furry slippers with the chicken grease on it, wearing that bonnet. Down to the store now and a sudden she coming in to his heir looked like we just came out of church. Somebody working at the grocery store.
Speaker 4: You want breakfast?
Speaker 1: Don't you be grateful?
Speaker 4: You're getting raped in?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could have done exactly that, went to the store. But somebody down at that store complimented one time.
Speaker 4: Come on, she said, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Think I look good that day? Wait, I come down here them all, because if you're jumping off in the produce.
Speaker 1: A minute in the produce section.
Speaker 4: It'd be jumping off in the produce God. Really, how so just standing there about twenty thirty minutes, get you some onions, just slowly, get you some tomatoes and stuff. Just just to sit there, eh, it becoming through the grade.
Speaker 2: Produce section is at the front of the store too. Usually soon as you walk into the right y I used to work at the grocery store. I can tell that most of the most produced sections as soon as you walk through the door to the right yep, because that's the stuff that's perishable they trying to get rid of. At the most they make, that's why they start missing and all that make it look attractive. And the highest profit margin in the grocery store is in the produce section.
Speaker 4: The grocery store you worked at.
Speaker 2: That they charge your army league.
Speaker 4: The grocery store you worked at. How many steaks they miss?
Speaker 2: Oh, I would set the steaks.
Speaker 1: You were reselling. Thank you, Celo coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: We'll have some chan I s in the trunk of my car.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 4: So Steve, you're rope.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 13: Tell us about your sixty seventh birthday celebration yesterday.
Speaker 1: How was it? What did you do?
Speaker 2: You know, I just had a dinner, you know, I just had a dinner with the family. Grandkids came through. The grandkids sent me, Uh, well, they decorated my office. I can show you that. The grandkids decorated my office you see up on the wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they sent me the little balloons and stuff. All the grandkids did that for me. Then they came to dinner. All my grandkids is vegan.
Speaker 4: Vegan grand keys. I ain't never heard of that.
Speaker 1: Vegan parents, Yeah obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Yeah. My son Jason and his wife they vegan, so they kids. Is vegan? That little elsewhere? He don't give it that what does that mean? He likes me, don't give a damn. He bites into it then ask you is it vegan? And if you don't answer him, he finish it off. Joe and him. He don't really participate in the vegan life because Ezra just want to eat. As soon as he sit down, he get the big spoon and just hold it. And then every time something come to the table, he said, Papa, is that vegan? I said yeah, Cause to me, if it ain't meet, it's vegan. But you can't eat like that because they're not allowed to have dairy, you know, several things. Oh wow, But to me, it's vegan if it don't have meat in it. But I'll give him stuff with meeting. He had crab legg last night, you know, enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: When his parents find out.
Speaker 2: That they find out all the time. He said, Jay said, Pop, you gotta stop doing that. Man, I don't want the kids eating me. Okay, you to sit his ass somewhere next to me, because I got to play full of meat.
Speaker 1: So and tried.
Speaker 2: He looking like that, I think it tastes less. Yeah, well, I think I think he needed to taste and me make a decision on his own because I don't really appealed to this vegan lifestyle, and neither does Ezra. So I'm just telling y'all straight up. Me and Ezra is over here eating things that's not veganish. And then the cake last night, and then Amanda, my daughter in law, apologized because they wanted to bring a cake from the outside, but the vegan restaurant that they ordered their cakes from had ran out of the ingredients, so the so the restaurant had a cake for me. And then one of my partner's wife came. She bought a cake. She make a carry cake that's off the chain, And so we were sitting there and Ezra couldn't eat no dessert and he just looked too sad, and I just couldn't you car cake carry carry is vegetable vegetables cass I had. I didn't see the gluten, I didn't see the den So I gave him some cake and he loves carried cake. And the parents is mad at me about that. So that was mine. And then my other grandson he gave me for my birthday. He gave me three Pokeymon cards, which I was ready to throw in the trash there. I don't understand nothing by no Pokemon. And then the man that was at the table was going a friend of mine over here, he said, mister Harvey, you you understand what's going on here. So they're a Pokemon card that's worth three four million.
Speaker 4: Dollars, you.
Speaker 2: Pokey man cards that are collectibles that are worth three four million dollars. So I picked them Pokemon cars up off the floor and put him in my pocket, and I have them looked at today to see.
Speaker 1: If the okay.
Speaker 13: And see you thought the kids were gonna get you one thing? There you go, happy bird birthday, Steve.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: In other news, Oh come as a.
Speaker 2: Gift, Yeah, nice little bit, you know, Marge're gonna give me some I told m not to give me now, I mean nothing, but she got me a little bag. You know, I don't want it.
Speaker 13: Was Margie bought that We're moving on and other entertainment news. According to TMZ, some of Martin Laurence's fans were worried after he and his Martin co stars That's Tsha Campbell of course, to Sheena Arnold and Carl Anthony Payne, the second had a reunion at the seventy fifth Emmys on Monday. Martin seemed to slur his words a bit during the comedy segment they had. People were ex People expressed concern for Martin's health and wished him a speedy recovery. Martin is fifty eight years old, so as to say Martin is totally fine. In fact, he just recently finish filming the Latest Bad Boys, and he may be hitting the road this summer for a comedy tour. So even though some thought he may be uh, he may was maybe have been slurring his words a bit and taking long pauses during the Emmys Martin reunion. This was actually because of a technical glitch, they said, with a teleprompter that was caused by late changes to the script.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 13: You know, if you had concerns because people were concerned. Yeah, so that's what it was.
Speaker 4: We hope you are right.
Speaker 13: Martin has fine, Yes, yay, Martin yeah yeah, good, yeah good.
Speaker 2: I talk with him a lot. He's he's good.
Speaker 1: Good, okayo good. Two time favorites right there.
Speaker 13: That show, And finally in Trending Fashion News, Welcome to the Wild Wild West. Parrell Williams unveil the Louis Vauton Fall Winter twenty twenty four Men show on Tuesday in Paris. The collection masterfully challenged channel America's West with Native American designs mixing with modern luxury and culture. The models had male and female models strutted down the runway in letther cowboy hats, checker denim jackets, and boots, blue cheese.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the collection? And are you are you going to.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet. They send it to me, but I haven't really looked at it yet. Now I don't have time to go to past issue Marjorie and could probably go okay, good, so I'll be here working to pay for the past trip.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Pharrell. Coming up in twenty minutes after the Hour.
Speaker 13: In Trending Political News, Vice President Kamala Harris responds to Republican candidate Nikki Haley's comment that quote, America has never been a racist country.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 9: Excuse you, you're listening morning show.
Speaker 13: In Political News, Vice President Harris was a special guest on the yesterday and she reacted to Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley's comment that quote, America has never been a racist country.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: Do you agree that America has never been a racist country?
Speaker 16: First of all, and I think everyone agrees. We all agree the issue of race in America is not something that should be the subject of a sound bite, right. The history of racism in America should never be the subject of a SoundBite or a question that is meant to elicit a one sentence answer. But there is no denying that we have in our history as a nation racism and that racism has played a role in the history of our nation. And when I think about it, I think we all would agree that while it is part of our past and we see vestiges of it today, we should all so be committed collectively to not letting it define the future of our country. But we cannot get to a place of progress on the issue of race by denying the existence of racism, by denying the history.
Speaker 1: Of racism.
Speaker 2: That was a good answer. Yeah, yeah, very good answer, IPHP. Yeah yeah. But that's you know, the mo is to get rid of it, to act like it didn't exist, and that if we keep talking about it, we keep bringing it up. That's that they try to say that. But if you don't know your history, history will repeat itself. And that's what they really want to do, because that's the whole idea behind Mega make America great Again, which is a deplorable statement for us as African Americans, because when was it great? What year you won't go back to? And so you know, I think we all understand that. But you know, that leads us to this election conversation that we're going to have to have that I've dreaded having, I didn't want to have. But twenty twenty four looks like it's going to be a repeat of Biden and Trump unless we can get him in prison before this election come up. That's the only way. Other than that, what you're going to have is a recap of the election we had four years.
Speaker 4: Ago, so he's going to be.
Speaker 2: We got to make sure it's no doubt in my mind he is a Republican. They offer no one else.
Speaker 1: It's because they think he can win the presidency.
Speaker 2: But but Desantus is even more racist.
Speaker 13: And apparently too if she doesn't think this country has ever been a racist country.
Speaker 4: What's that part?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely all right?
Speaker 13: Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now to check Steve's voicemail. Eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, call and leave a message for Steve.
Speaker 1: You might just hear your call in the air. Steve, Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: Here we go. This one's from a pastor in Louisiana.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve, I'm Reverend Leno Brown. I'm a little town in Louisiana called Colonna, Louisiana, and I just wanted to comment on some of the things that mister saying. And I just want to tell you, man, you're an inspiration chair with black America, every black person in America, all over the world, Steve, mister Harvey, and a lot of times, by me being a rever, I had things on my mind that that was tearing me down. And you look like that morning you said the right thing to keep me going, you know. So I'm gonna just tell you, man, I wish you all the blessings in the world.
Speaker 8: Man, you in margin with your wife's.
Speaker 17: Man, and then I hope God continues to bless your marriage and all your kids and every day.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 17: I just needed to say that to you, man, because you're an answeriation man. And then you know, God bless you your wife and your old family and your dads on your on the Steve other morning, shore Man, thank you, and God bless y'all.
Speaker 4: You heard me. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, that's what it's for. You know, Like I always say, hate is louder than love, but love is stronger. And when you get people like that that really care about you, that's praying for you, that's pulling for you, that's who's for And I appreciate that so much because you know, look, man, I've also learned this. Junior asked me a question, how do I feel different now I'm sixty seven? You know one thing I've really really learned, and I've had to learn it more than once till I finally got it. So for those that love you, no explanation necessary. For those that hate you, no explanation acceptable. When you go online to respond, you're talking to people who blog, and bloggers, by nature happen to have a negative tone for the most part. That's why they own blogs. If they wasn't that way, they'd be on the news or they'd have a show somewhere. But they don't. Bloggers carry a negative tone because that's where mess is at. So when you respond to those bloggers, got to know who your audience is now, and it's primarily haters. Every now, I need to be some people on there trying to check a person with some facts or something like that. But it's the most unfact checked place I've ever seen. I don't even worry about it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that call, pastor thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah go aha, all right. This one's from Chuck in Detroit.
Speaker 18: Steve, Hey, see this check out of Detroit, Man, I just called it with your happy birthday. You know, I listen to the Morning show every morning. I watch the Court, you know, I mean, I watched the Family few I watched.
Speaker 8: I really rock with you, you.
Speaker 18: Know, I mean you're very very motivational. You're very inspirational. Hey, Carlae, Hey, SHIRLEYE Jr. Tommy, Hey, how y'all doing. Hey, I'm to see it's Capitol Corn season. It's our birthday. Hey, you know it's the enjoy y'all? Tell all right, take.
Speaker 2: Care straight up out of deep town Detroit. Them lines is in it baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My favorite team this year was the Detroit Line and the Eagles.
Speaker 4: And it should have been shame pop thing. I got to listen. I mean I ever had this office.
Speaker 13: Bernard and Montgomery, Steve once allid at you.
Speaker 1: This is Bernard out of my grummery Alabama, just saying happy birthday, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 18: You have a blessday.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Man, Go and get that checked out, dog for.
Speaker 1: Wherever it is.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't get that checked out because it's this. It sounds like it's going somewhere. It sounds like they got up too high. But at least just gonna get it checked out. But hour, Hey, hey Bernard, just going down there, man and get that looked at. Just get it up that man, So we have you around a little bit, damn lucky strikes and finally hold up to get that chick out.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for your calls. Coming up.
Speaker 13: Coming up next, we'll hear from a nephew and the prank phone call for today. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is her injury is not my fault.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that, find out what that's all about.
Speaker 13: Wait till you hear this and just a few but right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What's on the menu for today, nephew?
Speaker 4: Uh, we got an issue here. We got lights. I think every time this lady turns her pile with her lights on, it's turning stuff on in my h in my apartment, it's turning on my stove and turning on all kind of stuff. So could we get this situated. I'm gonna need hooting ow to turn nothing home. So the title lives are your lights on? All your lights? All right? Dog? If you could.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to reach who's calling? They call me Pepper I live. I think I actually live in the apartment behind you. I think my my apartments are up against each other. You are you in unit?
Speaker 15: Who want to know?
Speaker 5: Actually I want to know. I'm calling you. I got a little bit of a problem. I actually live in, uh which is the apartment that that's our apartments are back to back with each other. And I don't mean no harm man, but you are right, yes, okay, here's here's what's going on. It took me a long time trying to figure this out. But when you come home in the evening and you turn your life dome, my my oven and stove come on, and I'm talking about every out on my stove is on and burning high.
Speaker 15: How do you know that's because when I turn my life on, I just I mean, I done figured it out.
Speaker 5: It just seemed like every time, I mean I hear you when you close your door, and every evening I'm like, why is my oven in my stove coming on? And I'm talking about my whole kitchen just a hundred degrees in there behind the stove being all like that.
Speaker 15: Okay, did you call maintenance?
Speaker 5: From my understanding, I'm on the list and they're not gonna get to me for a couple of days now, So I'm not I'm asking you, miss you don't mind to not have your light's on until they come get this fix.
Speaker 15: Okay, So you asking me not to turn all my lights for three or four days, and you know, to sit in the dark.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying it's only gonna be for a couple days. I know it's a little bit of an inconvenience, but I mean, I can't be over here in the house. You know they're about to burn down.
Speaker 15: Are you listening to what you're saying? You're asking me to sit in the dark. You know I got a baby. I can't sit in the dark, Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean, do y'all have any cameras or something y'all can work with or something like that.
Speaker 15: I have to give my baby food, milk. I mean, really, you want me to sit in the dark and you don't want need to turn anything on. You know, I got to feed my baby.
Speaker 5: I understand, and and and much respect to you and your child, and much respect. But what I'm trying to explain to you is, I mean we have to look at the big hazard here. The bigger hazard is is that I'm over here with fire on Okay.
Speaker 15: What's about? Where are you getting this wee from? How am I involved in your situation? I have nothing on.
Speaker 5: Your life is patched in some kind of way to my oven stove?
Speaker 15: Okay, but I still I don't have anything to do with that. You know, you need to call management whatever, But I don't have anything with that. And I want to know, how do you know when I get home and turn on my lights? I mean, like, are you looking at my window or something? Are you a peeping tong? Do I need to call nine one one?
Speaker 5: You don't need to call nobody on me. Now what we need to get somebody over here, fix this of it in the stove. That's what we got to get done. But until then, right now, you can't turn them lights off.
Speaker 15: Oh I'm turning on my life. I mean, I know you ain't trying to regulate what I do in my house.
Speaker 5: I'm fine listening. I'm gonna tell you just like this here, I'm gonna need you to keep them lights off until meeting this get over here in two days now. If if I see this stove come on and all these eyes on this on this stove come on, that I'm finna come back over there, and we're gonna have direct to fire the problem. But I cannot have this coming on.
Speaker 15: So you're threatening me.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not no, I'm not no, I am not. I'm telling you not to turn the lights off. That's what I'm asking you to do.
Speaker 15: Well, I can't sit in the dark and I'm gonna turn on my lights. So you know you're gonna have to deal with it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not finna.
Speaker 4: Deal with it.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to actually turn the lights off. Now, I understand. Do you have somewhere you can go stay? To me?
Speaker 15: Do you have somewhere you can go stay? I'm not leaving my house. I don't have a problem you and the one the problem.
Speaker 5: I'm not goinna leave here and then you turn it on, and then you come over.
Speaker 15: Here and knock on my door. You think you see fire in your stove. You gonna see some fire. I can show you somepi.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, I'm trying with it, you as calmly as I can.
Speaker 14: Okay, trying to.
Speaker 15: Work with me calmly.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 15: The only thing you doing right now you're trying to tell me what to do and run my household.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you're not gonna work with me, then that's what I'm gonna do. And I already found out where the break is. I just go and just turn all the power off so you don't have your power on it off.
Speaker 15: Wait a minute, what the number? You can't turn my break off? Are you crazy?
Speaker 5: I got to do what I got to do. I can't start no fire right there?
Speaker 15: You get my phone number anyway? I mean, how you know my name? My number? Artist? You know what I'm about to come home and he gonna put the foot up your I don't care if he put your in the up and we set you up on fire. What do you talking about? You gonna damn turn the break off?
Speaker 5: Let me off. I'm trying to kill me and prevent a file for the whole complex. And you up in there trying to comment, Uh, this is like arsome for you to turn that on.
Speaker 15: I don't give you want. You already got a problem, so I'm just gonna add fuel to the fire. You call me and again I want to know how you got my number?
Speaker 5: I said, Look, I'm not from the city, and go on in this little small talk? Is is that we got a problem with your twitch when you turn it on. The problem on the store.
Speaker 15: The problem is about to be a bigger problem when my man come over there and put a foot off your I don't know who you think you with, but it's about to be on. I don't know how you got my number, but you called it wrong today.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, I got one I need to say to you.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 15: You got to say because I'm tired of listening to you.
Speaker 5: Are you listening?
Speaker 15: You ain't saying I wanted to hear today?
Speaker 5: You calling me with all this He is nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your husband?
Speaker 15: Are you wait a minute?
Speaker 14: Hold up?
Speaker 15: This is who.
Speaker 5: This is, nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your husband got meet the prank phone call you?
Speaker 15: Are you serious? It's for real. I don't believe it. I can't believe it. You alright, I know I was ready to put it up at somebody. I don't believe I just got pumped like this.
Speaker 5: Okay, I gotta ask you one more thing. What is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land, the Steve.
Speaker 15: Harbor Morning Show.
Speaker 4: You got it was that stupid enough for you?
Speaker 1: Yes, AHAs you never disappointed that area.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate all that, y'all. I appreciate that. I appreciate that. Thank y'all so kind of And we're gonna do more of that in twenty twenty four. We're gonna need more pranks and praises as we moved out of January and januaryy fibyary, when we get all the way by margins.
Speaker 2: A portion of your pranks. Just want to just say that twenty twenty four, that will be praising no more.
Speaker 4: And why are you doing that now? Now you just got through uplifting and now you're gonna come do what would you do all this uplifting and all this positive here, No, no, no, not not hating it all, do not at all.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know that in twenty twenty four that will be no praise worship any more, okay.
Speaker 4: Stealing, It's just it's just got something to do with Cleveland. Man, Has it got something to do with Cleveland? Have to do? Does this have anything to do.
Speaker 2: With the brown too? Because that will help it, that will help the hatred run much stronger. So we can. Yeah, I have no problem when you need proper motivation to get things done.
Speaker 4: I'm with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, about Cleveland, you're tired of it. Man, just don't want to have to keep worshiping the same dude, you know the same, Yes, sir, prank We get a lot of prank time. We just ain't gonna keep praising by every time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, speaking of Ohio, I'll be in Dayton at the Funny Bone twenty sixth and twenty seven. Anybody that you know friends of my uncle want to come down and hang out. I come on down at the Funny Bone and Dayton, Ohio. What are your Cleveland Jersey, come on out and represent all right, we'll make Friday night Jersey night. You will yours? No, tell me that's how we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Tell me them Cincinnati boys down that way, Oh, the Bengal all them boys from dating them Cincinnati boys, the Bengal boys.
Speaker 1: All right, Bingals, Okay, thanking you coming up by.
Speaker 2: They gonna hang out. They're gonna come see you, but they're gonna have to go home right after.
Speaker 1: That Strawberry letter. His injury is not my fault. I's to go to We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 4: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 13: Thank you, nephew. Subject her subject her injury is not my fault. Dear Stephen Shirley. I am dating a cheater and he just asked me to marry him, and I was thinking of saying yes, but then one of his side chicks pressed charges against me.
Speaker 2: I am what that lie right there?
Speaker 1: That's the opening, Okay.
Speaker 13: In November I found my man on the side of a building in his car, naked from the waist down, and a woman was running across the parking lot away from his.
Speaker 1: Car because she saw me pulling up.
Speaker 13: I fired a warning shot with an air gun that I keep, just to scare a criminal away. When the gun went off, she got scared and fell like she had been shot. I thought it was funny, and so did my boyfriend. I took my boyfriend's pants and his car keys, and he called the police on me. Witnesses said I fired a gun, so after examining my air gun, the policeman issued a fine and I went and paid it the next day. I wasn't worried about the side chick because my man was on his best behavior and stuck to me like glue. He spoiled me for Christmas, and I got three rings to choose from. When he asked me to marry him, I was still trying to play hard to get and I hadn't said yes yet to his proposal. I planned to marry him, but now I have to deal with being sued by the side chick that fell in the parking lot. She pulled a muscle, sprained her ankle, and had a gash on her.
Speaker 1: Leg and needed stitches. She didn't have.
Speaker 13: Insurance, so she's suing me for two one hundred dollars twenty one hundred dollars for her trip to the er that night. I am not responsible for her injuries. I think that my boyfriend is responsible and she should sue him instead. This has created a major conflict in our relationship. He wants me to pay it so we can get on with our lives. He won't even give me half of the money. If it wasn't for him cheating, she never would have fallen in that parking lot. Should my boyfriend pay up?
Speaker 1: Or is this all my fault? Okay?
Speaker 13: The simple answer is yes, he should pay his side chick his responsibility.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the quick answer.
Speaker 13: But the real problem here is why are you even considering marrying this man?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why are you guys together? What is going on here? I don't get it.
Speaker 13: A man you yourself described in the first paragraph of this letter as a cheater. You caught him, I mean literally with his pants down in the parking lot. You saw the side chick running away and you shot at her.
Speaker 19: What in the hot ghetto mess is going on here? What are you guys doing?
Speaker 13: This relationship is a disaster waiting to happen, and stuff has already happened that should make you turn away. And please don't waste your time or your money getting married to this man, because it's only going to end in divorce.
Speaker 1: All right, it's a hard no for me, Steve.
Speaker 2: This is an episode of forty eight Hours. This is an episode of Dateline. This is an episode of American Greed. This is an episode of this. This is not even a strawberry letter. I'm never we have. I don't remember a letter with this level of criminal activity in it. I just don't listen, y'all as I'm reading a letter. This is what I'm here. So let's go. I'm dating a cheatah and he's asked me to marry him, and I'm thinking about saying, yeah, let's just stop right here. Yeah yeah, let's just pump the brakes right here. Let me read this to you again. I'm dating a CHEATAH and he has to marry him, and I'm thinking about saying yes. Right after this, we off to the races. This letter right here is one I be damn statement after the next, because I just don't even understand. I'm dating the cheetah. He has me to marry I'm thinking about saying yes, and we're off to the races. Next line, but then one of his side chicks press charges against me. Let's stop right here. What that in this letter? There's nowhere to breathe in this letter. This letter is packed with incredible ass information. I was thinking about saying yes, but then one one of his side chicks press charges against me. Then then she tried to calm it down. In November, I found my man on the side of a building in his car. This is the most rest you getting this letter with this line right here, I found my man on the side of the building in his car. Most people in their lifetime have been on the side of a building in a car, so that's nothing along. But we've all been in our car on the side of a building. That's the only rest moment in this letter. He would go back to crazy naked from the waist down, and a woman was running across the parking lot away from his car because she saw me pull it up. What is going on in this damn letter? In it? Don't stop there? Next line, I fired a warning shot with an air gun that I keep to scare a criminal away. What you shot at this woman? You and you call it a one that's you know when you go to court, that's actually called attempted.
Speaker 4: There aren't no cop.
Speaker 2: I find a warning shot with an air gun that I keep the scare criminal way hang on. Oh, when I come back, I can't. We're gonna get back into it because this is the most what the hell going on letter I've even read?
Speaker 13: Truly is all right, we'll have part two of your response coming up Steve at twenty three minutes after the hour today Strawberry letter, subject her injury is not my fault.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 13: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: The subject is her injury is not my fault.
Speaker 2: Listen to me. Like I said, this is the most what the hell going on? Letter I've ever read. I like to crew to join it with me on this. Every time I say Dean, I want y'all to say what the hell? Okay, I'm gonna say Dan, and y'all just say what the hell so y'all can understand how I read this letter? Ready, Stephen Shirley, I'm dating a cheetah. He asked me to marry him, and I was thinking about saying yes, Dean, what the what the hell? In November? But then one of his side chicks pressed charges against me.
Speaker 4: Dean?
Speaker 1: What he in November?
Speaker 2: I found my man on the side of a building in his car, naked from the waist down, and a woman was running across the parket lot away from his car because she saw me pulling up.
Speaker 1: Dean, what the hell? That was my favorite line?
Speaker 2: I fired a warning shot with an airgun that I keep just in case to scare a criminal away.
Speaker 1: Dean, What the what the he?
Speaker 2: When the gun went off, she got scared and fell, Dean. I know why she fause she thought she was shot. I know exactly why she fell like she had been shot. I thought it was funny, and so did my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Dean, what the hell?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: You thought it was funny, and so did your boyfriend. Well after you y'all thought that was funny, I took my boyfriend's pants and he and his car keys. He called the police on me, Dean, what the hell is happening in him?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 2: Bit man, a minute ago, you fired a shot. She failed. You thought it was funny, and the boyfriend thought it was funny. But Ada, you take his pants in the cor keys. He your boyfriend called the police on you. Okay, I don't need y'all's help no more. I think y'all understand what this letter is about. Let me take it from here. Witnesses, I'll be damn. Witnesses said I fired a gun, So after examining my air gun, the policeman issue to find and I went and paid it the next day. Okay, do you understand what's happening here? Witnesses said, I fired a gun. You told us you fired a Lady, you wrote in this letter that you fired a gun. You can quit talking to us about what the hell? The witnesses said you confessed. Confessions carry a lot of weight in court. Baby, you ain't really need no question. You really don't need too many witnesses once you say I did it, Okay, I went and paid it the next day. I wasn't worried about the side chick because my man was on his best behavior and stuck to me like glue. What you're not worried about this side chick because your man was on his best behavior and stuck to my side like glue?
Speaker 4: What good?
Speaker 2: He spoiled me for Christmas? And I got three wings to choose from when he asked me to marry him. Lady, you got three what rings choose from? Ain't no man got money for three engagement rings unless ain't now one of them real? You got three Zarconians. When he asked me to marry him, I was still trying to play hard to get and I hadn't said yes yet to his proposal. I'm planning to marry him, but now I got to deal with being sued by the side chick that fell in the parket lot. You're talking about the lady you shot at that one right there that failed in the parking lot. She pulled a muscle, sprained her ankle, and had a gash on her leg and kneeded stitches. Ain't this the same girl you and your boyfriend was laughing at before you took his car keys and pants and then he called the police. This was this was the same chick y'all was laughing at. Now she can pull the muscle, sprain the ankle, and got some stitches. She didn't have insurance. Oh, I know that. I know that, y'all. Y'all don't sound like insurance type people. She didn't have insurance, which one of her insurances what she called. You can't call your life insurance people about this, can't call your homeowners insurance people about this, And you can't call your car insurance people about this? What insurance was she supposed to have? Unless she had Obamacare, which has a medical device. But then I can promise you that the deductible gonna swallow up that two grand, So she might well take her ass on down there and pay this.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 2: But anyway, she saw for twenty one hundred for her trip to the ear at night. I'm not responsible for her injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did?
Speaker 2: You shot at her caused her to fault? Anyway, I think my boyfriend is responsible and she should shoes sue him instead. Okay, this has created a major conflict in our relationship. He wants me to pay it so we can get on with our lives. If you don't pay my side check this money so we can get on with our lives. He won't even give me half the money. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have fallen in that parking lot if you had to shot at her. Should my boyfriend pay up? Or is this all my fault? Whow are y'all together?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 13: Poster commentary Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and.
Speaker 2: The best letter I've had this year.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and check out the Struwberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app for he never sounded so good.
Speaker 13: You can download it today. Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour. It is Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this, you're listening morning show. All right, ladies and gentlemen, he is here Junior with Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: What you got Junior?
Speaker 11: All right, Well, let's go ahead. Just let everybody know that Mike McCarthy will still be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys this season. He lost, yeah to the package man, He's still gonna be the head coach. Jerry Jones said he gonna ride it out with him. He said he believes in his leadership. But I'd say somebody need to go though. Is the defensive coordinator Dan Quinn? Do he need to go? Since the head coach ain't going because he gave up four to eight points, they probably still be in the playoffs if it wasn't for him.
Speaker 4: It ain't da. I don't say that.
Speaker 11: I don't think they're gonna give me a dack that that can't go nowhere. No, I ain't gonna give ri to DA. You're not gonna do that. Also, Uugh, you know listen, know Bill Bilichick has has stepped down as if Patriots head coach. They hired Gerard Mayo, former linebacker for New England Patriots, and you know he's gonna be a new head coach. So Bill Bilichick's still out here looking for a job. Thought was gonna get the Dallas job. He's not gonnaet it cause they're gonna up Mike McCarthy. So then we all have that.
Speaker 4: Now, let's just get to it.
Speaker 1: This week, Texans and Ravens.
Speaker 11: We have Texas Ravens former Cleveland Brown quarterback tamp Bay Buccaneers. Bacon Mayfield is playing the line. He's still in there, man, Baker, Yeah, Baker player.
Speaker 2: Well n what the question is you asking me?
Speaker 1: Well, man, is you is you going for the bumps?
Speaker 4: Because he used to play for y'all?
Speaker 2: Are you going for them? Versus Detroit? Who are they playing?
Speaker 4: Detroit?
Speaker 2: Who are they playing?
Speaker 4: They playing Detroit? Detroit?
Speaker 2: The Detroit all day long? Though I'm Detroit lines all the way down. Okay, I've been. I've been pulling for Detroit the whole damn year. I ain't finna change about Baker Mayfield? What about the Texans and the Ravens. I'd love to pull for your taxi.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna pull us.
Speaker 1: I wish you would.
Speaker 2: This little joyous ass moment you' all having this finna come to a stop right here. We're gonna see this right here.
Speaker 4: I don't know this.
Speaker 2: We We're gonna well one thing bout it. If the Texas do win. You talk about somebody who don't give a damn, you are talking to him right now. No, I don't have no dog in this fight no more. Man. The Eagles is out. That was my team, Detroit steal in it. The Browns is out, that was my team. I ain't got no dog in this fight, man. The only thing I see right now Detroit. Now listen to me. I'm a Lamar Jackson fan. I appreciate you put him. I work with your friends before you put him before us.
Speaker 4: We work to do.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, just take me out of sports.
Speaker 1: Beat joy I want to do it. Coming up at the top of.
Speaker 13: The hour, Steve Aman on social media needs your advice. He's saying, can you steal a vacation? We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, this is from Brittany on Steve Harvey FM. Brittany says, when my husband and I married twelve years ago, we were both ambitious and hard working. We work out together, and we're both excelling in our careers. He was let go from his job in twenty twenty, and it was a year before he found a new one. His current job is practically no room for advancement and he earns a fraction of what he did before. Meanwhile, I've been steadily moving up at my company. To top this off, my husband has lost motivation to do anything outside of work. He used to have hobbies and like to work out, but now he just scrolls the internet in a spare time and doesn't do much else. I've tried discussing my feelings with him, but it hasn't led to any change. I don't want to nag, but I'm at my wits end. How can I either come to terms with this situation or motivate my husband to make some positive changes.
Speaker 2: His communication is the key to all relationships. It's the only thing that's going to keep it alive. Because what you have to do is because what happens is people change. You two are not the same people that got married. And so if you don't recognize the changes what you now seeing, but you're not discussing the changes and now how to adapt to the changes you have what you now have as all proper because now he's not communicating and you want something from him that he's not giving you, and you don't know how to get it from me. But he may have something he wants from you that he's not getting it. He don't know how to get it from you because he ain't talking to you. Communication is key. Is the only thing you can do is sit down and have this conversation. That is the only way. That is the only way. There ain't no trick to this. To say, no secret, sauce, y'all got to talk.
Speaker 4: Two people who are real quiet, got a whole lot to say.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have said I that was Thomas, my house, my fan.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, all right, yeah, okay, we'll have.
Speaker 4: For another one.
Speaker 1: Steve, this is from.
Speaker 13: This is from kJ and Steve Harvey FM. kJ says, over the weekend, my wife and I had some friends over and I overheard the ladies talking about vacation wishes. My wife's friend started talking about wanting to go to Dubai, and my wife was like, yes, me too, So I took the queue and booked us for a trip to Dubai in the spring. My wife was so happy until she told her friend. Now they're not speaking to each other because my wife has been accused of stealing the vacation. Last I checked, Dubai was still there. Is there any way to get them to squash their beef and get these two talking again?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What have I steal a vacation? Dubai is open to the public. I can pretty much tell you which city's image flies out of. I know you can get them out of New York. I know you can get it out of DC. You can also fly out of Chicago directly to Dubai, and Houston has a flight, and so this Los Angeles. Miami also has a flight on IMORHAGE, so you can go Miami. You cannot fly out of Atlanta, Charlotte, Nope, nope, nope, you can go to New York. I think image flies to see if not I know Abu Dhabi, does I mean at the hort and uh, Chicago, l A and Houston. Now your friend hating because you done beat her to the punch. But your husband did that. You ain't stole no trip? How are you still a trip?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Is the husband that's writing he wants to help me? I'm happy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then what you ought to do is you ought to just call her girlfriend and say, hey, listen, I want you to know. It wasn't really Joanne's fault. It was my fault. I heard y'all talking about it, and I was surprised her with the trip, So it's really on me. She didn't even know. She's happy. But why don't you and your broke ass husband join.
Speaker 1: Us to say that though? To her friend?
Speaker 2: What a hater?
Speaker 1: Yeah? One more time? Why don't you what, Steve?
Speaker 2: Why don't you and your broke ass husband?
Speaker 10: I mean, oh.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. We got more of the Steve.
Speaker 13: Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 9: To Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go again with this question?
Speaker 13: What is wrong with the friendly skies and aircraft flying?
Speaker 9: From?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 5: We go again?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 13: An aircraft flying from Tokyo to Seattle, Washington, reportedly had to fly back to Japan on Tuesday after an intoxicated passenger bit a crew member. A heavily drunk fifty five year old male passenger a bit a crew member's arm. The female crew members sustained minor injuries from the attack, and after landing back in Tokyo, the passenger said he doesn't recall his actions and has turned and was turned over to the local authorities. Sooper, what do you mean you don't recall biting me? So what would you guys have have done if you were on this flight and some drunk guy bit you.
Speaker 4: I'm beating it there, That's what I'm beating.
Speaker 2: A long flight for him. It's hard to get on the plane. You ain't bite me.
Speaker 4: I got the drop that oygen your mask down. They're gonna need your math. You're gonna need to breathe.
Speaker 1: How drunk was he?
Speaker 4: Damn drunk?
Speaker 1: People tell rot you and you don't remember it.
Speaker 2: You're just not biting me.
Speaker 4: Pardon if you?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm saying I can't get bit. You can bite me, but you won't be using the whose teeth umping to you? Everything on that plane.
Speaker 13: At thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show?
Speaker 13: It is time now for a round it. Would you rather would you rather ski down a tall mountain or would you rather go snow tubing on a steep small hill?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 2: Uh huh do what show?
Speaker 4: What step? Steep small hill? I'm gonna take the steep small Hell yeah, I just I don't think. I don't think I'm good. Have you before?
Speaker 8: Seed?
Speaker 2: No snowboard?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay, all right?
Speaker 13: Would you rather sleep with your cousin or would you rather sleep with your ex?
Speaker 4: What is we doing?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Are we doing that?
Speaker 4: Wow? Your options?
Speaker 5: Cousin.
Speaker 4: I used to like you back in the day.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 1: A cousin, all right, your cousin or your ex?
Speaker 4: You're going with your Okay?
Speaker 1: See yeah, yeah you're talking about now, it's just would you rather just whatever?
Speaker 2: Forty years ago I felt so different around one of my cousins outstanding but not any more flood.
Speaker 4: But your extoll dog. You gotta make it to sei that that a your you don't have you known?
Speaker 2: You're not talking about you just talking about sleep with him, not sexual.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well the question is would you rather sleep with your cousin or your ex?
Speaker 2: That's sex?
Speaker 5: So you know it?
Speaker 15: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what's the answer cousin, man, I gotta go back today.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I'm just gonna have to go on and tell y'all he's just gonna have to We're gonna have to strongly consider suicide at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, moving on.
Speaker 2: No one have to consider suicide at this point because I ain't gonna be live with myself either way.
Speaker 13: Would you rather your boss saw your nude pictures or your Instagram followers?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 4: Oh? I read my boss. That's Steve. I'll give damn.
Speaker 1: Oh, Steve is your boss.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no boss, so.
Speaker 4: Jesus I could go down there.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I show him to Julie Tabot.
Speaker 9: Yes, Julie.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tommy, ain't open your boss time. You have to you to open.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you're on the own net.
Speaker 4: Well, hell on social media. Don't see it anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's rounded. Would you rather?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 13: Coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, our last break of the day, and we'll get some closing remarks from the one and only, the Man, the myth, and the Legend, Steve Harvey. Right after this, you're listening Morning Show all right, guys, here we are last break of the day. It is time for some see we have some phone call left over. This is from Martin and Georgia.
Speaker 4: Let's go oh the Lloyds.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Steve, Happy birthday, to your happy birthday.
Speaker 12: I wish you good health.
Speaker 17: B thirdy.
Speaker 2: I just love listening to you every morning.
Speaker 16: My name is Martin.
Speaker 17: I'm calling from act for Georgia.
Speaker 15: I just love to wish you a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: And me more to come.
Speaker 1: All right, go Capricorn.
Speaker 15: Mine was January.
Speaker 17: Third, so you know, keep it going and I love you all.
Speaker 15: Have a great Okay, bye buying.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dollard. It was real warm. I like that sweet Yeah, thank you, miss Martine.
Speaker 13: And before we get out of here, Twanda and Long Beach. Steve needs some advice. She says, my husband is not used to nice things, so I try to buy him quality clothing and underwear. I want him to buy nicer things, but he says everything he likes costs too much. How can he be fashionable and fly without breaking the bank? I think this is a question for Blue Cheese Blue too.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: You know you can be fashionall than fly without breaking the bank. But you're gonna have, you're gonna shop different now. I ain't been TJ Max in a long time. You know, I ain't been to Marshalls in a long time. I ain't been to the Burlington coat factory.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I ain't been down to K and G. But these are places you can go and find some quality stuff without and get it at a discount. That's what you got to do. The name of the game is fake it till you make it. Come on, Oh, I was all well experted that my first comedy outfit, the whole outfit shoes included with twenty two dollars Value City. I'll never forget that outfit. Twenty two dollars the whole thing, corduroy pants, a shirt or undershirt, and some shoes twenty two dollars the whole thing. I got shoes at eight dollars. They looked like little bowling shoes. I got them for eight dollars. Caught the pants and the two shirts on Sailing Boy, I was out there clean his hair. Fake it till you make it. I had another Saturday night shirt that I got from TJ Max. It was red, short sleeve, had a shimo on it that had flecks in it, a little shiny flex. That was my Saturday night outfit.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: Then I got my little paper going and I used to buy. I bought a sweatshirt from the Merry Go Round, me a pair im pleted pants from Merry Go Round, had a belt with the long belt and you tied in the front, come on that little nod in and had a strap hanging down. But you couldn't tell me nothing I had all was cheap.
Speaker 4: Is that the same story.
Speaker 1: Where you bought.
Speaker 13: Huh, sorry for interrupting, but is that the same store where you bought those shoes and put them in lay away and they were too little by the time.
Speaker 1: You got them out.
Speaker 2: I was in high school when I did that. What the only thing I put in lay away when I was out on the road was there was a girl named Gigi, beautiful chocolate sister down at Birmingham, Alabama. GG had a store and I laid away a paylaid leather suit eight hundred dollars. Had it in there for damn near two years. I ain't gonna lie to hear you man on that out fit for me. I finally got it out. That's what I did death jail in ohay, that leather suit I had on on death jail. I came from Birmingham, Alabama. Man had the thing and lay away so long. My first chain I ever wore had a pineapple on it. One hundred and sixty eight dollars. Had that on layaway from a jewelry store in Atlanta up there by the Punchline Comedy Club bought me a chain.
Speaker 4: Had that on moving around one hundred and sixty eight dollars. So you had to keep.
Speaker 1: How much were you holding on it?
Speaker 4: Intil a long time?
Speaker 2: But I was going to drive back through that. I love Vernon hair man, I mean Atlanta. I used to come to Atlanta all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much do you put on your did you put on your lay away? At one time?
Speaker 2: Twenty dollars held them shoes? Everybody lay away back. Now twenty dollars held them shoes and shoes was hold with lettle Wind. No way in hell I could give you seventy two at one time, he said, He sent two pays US dollars seventy two at one time. Now, law wee now yet, junior, So to answer the question is fake it till you make hunh said, I'm looking at you that dog.
Speaker 4: Dog, Man, I be dog.
Speaker 2: That's why I I'll be sometime. I'd be going, hold up, man, you're tripping you all right? Any more questions, Shelby anything?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, it was your birthday, and you know what, Steve, I just had to I have to tell you this because I've been with you a long time.
Speaker 1: It's not a question as much as a comment. I just wanted to tell you that people don't know.
Speaker 13: You know that maybe I have started listening to the show later, that you kind of started all of this, like comedians and radio and multiple income streams and all of that stuff. People weren't doing it like they're doing it now. Before you started this, you had your job at showtime at the Apollo, You had your radio gig, you had your TV show, and you were out doing comedy, a stand up comedy. You started this, you know what I'm saying. Comedians in LA When we started the radio show in La together, there were no other comedians doing radio until.
Speaker 1: After you started, you know. So I just wanted to give you your props on that. A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 2: And they they got a Tiro sheltered in Chicago, they got Tony on these radio shows they put. They went and got Sitting Bad. They went and got George Lopez, they went and got George Wallace. They tried everything. Man, after I showed them that I could do it. But they thought they could just plug in a comedian. It's not how it works. You have to care about the craft. I love radio. That's what's made us successful. Hell I mean, hey, y'all, y'all have a great day. Talk to God. He'd love to hear from you. God will and we'll see y'all the moss take.
Speaker 13: Peace for all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show