Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We Find the Anti Slutshamings Podcast. I'm Christina Hutchings and I'm Kuran Fisher and I'm Sore boy Friends.
Speaker 2: Bring up so slubby, your horning and your shame? Hey you was what?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay talk about fucking Hey fuckers?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Happy New Year? You wear your seatbelt drinking up water. Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fuck. It's the Anti slut chain podcast. I'm Kuren Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Make sure to come to our shows.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We have two big ones coming up. Guys We Fuck shows New York City, February. First, we're at the MasterCard Midnight Theater for our continued Guys We Fucked the Experience residency that has been so so so fun.
Speaker 2: So fun.
Speaker 1: And then Los Angeles, our grand return to the Comedy Store in the main Room is on February fourteenth. That's right, that is Valentine's Day. It's an eight pm show. The ticket link is officially uppa, so make sure to get those.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: That's one show only we haven't done that in so so, so long, so you're gonna want to get tickets to that bring a date, bring a group of friends, do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: We'll just see you at the show. Very excited for that.
Speaker 1: And if you want to send us an email, it's sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: This subject line says, how do you get past the ick? You don't?
Speaker 1: You move on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You get another boyfriend, you get a new boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Yes, longtime luminary listener here for more advice about things I don't want to admit to my therapist yet.
Speaker 2: I'll just get right into it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just I'll step in though and say I wish you would though, otherwise you're wasting your money and your time. You got to say the truth to your therapist. Yeah, your therapist isn't going to judge you. I mean they are, They're not to your face.
Speaker 2: It's fine. Everybody judges. Everybody is judging. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: But like then just go and find your therapist's Instagram and be like, I can't even believe I'm taking advice with you.
Speaker 2: Judge. A little background.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty eight and having a twenty six year old boyfriend whom I live with. We've known each other for over eight and always had a strong connection and attraction to each other, but we finally got together about three years ago. Now that age gap has leveled out. We're both busy with work in school. I'm a graduate. Okay, there's not I wouldn't call twenty eight and twenty six an age gap, but okay for women. Many for her, I think a yeah, well, it's the same age. We're both busy with work in school. I'm a graduate student and he does them cell research, which is great for our relationship because we have lots of other things to focus on other than each other. I've always been very independent, as I was forced to take care of myself and my younger siblings from a young age due to my parents having multiple jobs, and have spent all of my early twenties single. Because of this, I can get easily smothered. My partner, on the other hand, is the baby of his family and has jumped from relationship to relationship.
Speaker 2: It's just because he's a man. It has nothing to do with this position in the family.
Speaker 1: That's true with as little as two weeks in between, which was the main reason I didn't want to date him.
Speaker 2: When we first met.
Speaker 1: He had a long term girlfriend in high school, which quickly changed to his college girlfriend, whom he dated for five years. Wow, and now he's been with me for three he really wants a cheerleader.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He originally claimed that there was about a year in between me and his college girlfriend, only for me to find out that they were still hooking up only three months before we started to rekindle things. Well, I guess he was saying like we weren't official, we were just hooking up, which.
Speaker 2: In man terms, that means they weren't dating. So technically, yeah, yeah, my fingers win a pussy. Sure, Yeah, but was she my girlfriend exactly?
Speaker 1: I've always been a bit suspicious of this, but I can't blame him for having a drawn out breakup since we've all been there, and I have no way of knowing if they were still hooking up to try to get back together. I don't think so, if they were just fucking because it was familiar, or some combination of both. So here's my main issue, which is that having a boyfriend can be so exhausting and it's giving me the ick.
Speaker 2: Kurt, just having a boyfriend is giving you the ick.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not the way he ate a sandwich or how he wears his pants. I've really never related to an email more when we're not in our normal.
Speaker 2: Routine giving it. Having a boyfriend gives Mike the eck.
Speaker 5: Having a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, no, it's like you know, work, it's it is so much maintenance, and then you go, I just don't know that the payoff.
Speaker 2: Is there, you know, I just don't how Yeah, it depends on your personality.
Speaker 1: When we're not in our normal routines with school and work, he wants to spend every waking moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the problem. That's a problem.
Speaker 1: This week he decided to work from home a couple of days and take the other days off so he could spend time with me now that I'm on break from school.
Speaker 2: Tell me you don't like that.
Speaker 1: Let me be clear and say that I did not ask him to do this, nor did he ask me if I wanted this, Because it's for him, not for you. It's he's he's doing it under the guise of it being a gift to you, but it's a gift to him, which is all gifts that men have ever given.
Speaker 2: Hey, honey, I got you this lingerie? Well, yeah, I mean brry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christine is absolutely right used to be like a running, running bit on sick but like it was actually a very high level societal commentary.
Speaker 2: But they couldn't just like be so.
Speaker 1: Forward about it, right, So they're like, oh, this is a funny joke. You know, when Tim Allen gets a jill a chainsaw, we're all for a Valentine's Day we're all laughing. But really that's not funny. It's actually really not funny. It got you all the cooking supplies you need, honey, Yeah, stay in that kitchen for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was even looking forward to having a good chunk of time per day while he was at work, to spend with myself and enjoy a quiet apartment before we go on a seven day vacation together.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this sounds all I care for you.
Speaker 1: The week before vacation, I always try to see my boyfriend like two seconds, Yeah, two seconds totally.
Speaker 2: I text him, I say, do you have your passport ready? And that's about it.
Speaker 1: I went from busting my ass on finals to being around him twenty four to seven for the last four days. I wanted to leave, but I was sick from the COVID booster and drained from school.
Speaker 2: What your what boosters. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I wish I could say that he wanted the time off from work to maybe get a little r and R and.
Speaker 2: Quiet time to himself.
Speaker 1: But he's woken up every morning this week by asking me, what are your plans for the day?
Speaker 2: Oh, you have a golden retriever boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Okay, which I know is his way of trying to tailor his day to fit mine. There's just a certain way he has to hang out that makes me viscerally aware that no amount of time we spend together will ever be enough for him, because you're gut telling you what's enough for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll be sitting on the couch alone with two headphones, and when I hear want to find a show to watch, like, I'm not already doing something that explicitly doesn't involve him.
Speaker 2: You got to go in a room with a door.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I didn't even know people like him existed before we got together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a little much. He really can spend a full forty eight hours straight with me and wake up wanting more. As much as I've wished at times that I could match his energy, it's just not in the cards. For me, my three days before getting into this relationship were my time to recenter myself and decompress from the week calibrate baby.
Speaker 1: Now all of my free time has somehow become our free time, And I often wonder if my boyfriend has any idea how to be alone. No, he doesn't, and that's a real big problem. I've brought this up to him multiple times in many different ways. But have you ever brought it up to him in a clear direct way, because it seems like you've probably done it in passive ways.
Speaker 2: Direct Maybe you should go see your mom exactly. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: You have to be like I need to be alone for my own sanity and when your peace, and for that to happen, I need to be the only one in our home.
Speaker 2: So you need to figure something else out.
Speaker 1: And you can also have like a serious conversation about like be like it concerns me based on a relationship history that like, perhaps you don't need to know how to be alone, and like, you know, never mind like a breakup, like what if you fucking die or something like what are you just going to keep bouncing from partner to partner for the rest of your life and ignoring the fact that you don't know how to be with yourself, like that's no way to live, and.
Speaker 2: Say that's not a partner that I want to be with long term.
Speaker 1: Like break it down, sometimes involving sometimes involving me breaking down in tears because I get overwhelmed at how exhausted I am when I finish a long since at work or a tough exam, just to be immediately met with the question what should we do today?
Speaker 2: That sounds like hell? Girl, Yeah, that sounds like hell.
Speaker 1: The only reason I'm able to write you guys today is because I told him I wanted a me day, to which I could hear the disappointment and his response he's a brat, of course. Then the avoidant attachment in me causes me to pull away more, and the anxious attachment in him makes him clan on even harder. Now, specifically for my questions, is there anything salvageable here? Or am I killing myself trying to make this work? Should I even try bringing this up to him again? Do I only like my boyfriend when he's busy. I've got that any advice from you three would be greatly appreciated, as I'm about to spend seven days with him and his family. Oh, his family's there too, Well, maybe he'll hang out with his family and you could get away and go for a walk. If these people who go on vacation with the families, well, actually you just did it and it was great.
Speaker 2: But I alone.
Speaker 6: I went for runs and watched by myself, and they're fantastic people that are not annoying it any way, And I still had to be alone for hours at least a couple of the days I could spend time with like a boyfriend's siblings. Like it's the parents that's the pro because that you feel like you just always feel like a child around parents, whether they're yours or not, which I'm hoping doesn't create an even bigger wedge between us the vacation it will.
Speaker 2: He conveniently just.
Speaker 1: Texted me a couple photo of photos of and attach it to this email. Oh he's cute, you're both super cul I love a glasses couple.
Speaker 2: My god, you guys are adorable. I mean in the photos.
Speaker 6: But the dynamic you're describing sounds awful, and it's going to chip away your sanity and you're going to resent him you're going to absolutely resent him.
Speaker 2: She already does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean exactly what Karin said earlier of sitting down and being like, I'm concerned about your inability to spend time by yourself.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts on that. When was the last time you spent like a whole day alone? How did it go for you? I'm the kind of person that if we don't if I don't get mold days a week where I have at least half the day to myself, I'm going the relationship is going to crumble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not personal, it's just like it's like who you are and who he is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm actually, how how did you make it through the past three years?
Speaker 2: Is this has he gotten more clingy? Like, because I don't. I don't know how you got it through three years.
Speaker 1: If this is if this is your the dynamic, maybe it's just been building up and you're super patient. Yeah, because you're talking about the age gap. This is not the age gap. This is inherently who you both are. He has nothing to do with the age. This is who he is and who you are.
Speaker 6: Even if you were like him, that's still unhealthy and you're still going to be resentful, like you just need time apart is so vital, Yeah, because it makes you miss the person you can't.
Speaker 2: You have no opportunity to miss him because he's never away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's and he's you know, uh, he's just he's so young to have been in all these consecutive long term relationships.
Speaker 2: He totally has Golden Retriever energy. He just follows you around. But even if a golden Retriever doesn't talk, so it's like not as annoying when a golden Retriever falls you around, and even when they do, like sometimes I'll go from room to room and Kevin will follow me and I'm like, dude, yeah, you got to not do that. Yeah, so you got to.
Speaker 1: You gotta knit this in the butt or right away when you get back from that vacation, which I'm assuming is now, since I'm sure that was like a Christmas related thing, right, Yeah, you have to have a serious talk about this, for sure. And I'm also curious, like, so what so he loves this, you know, commitment so much. I'm also curious, do you know the reasons why he broke up with his previous girlfriends? I think that's information that could be helpful, you know, if we're I'm sit enough. Yeah, I'm assuming they initiated it, just because of that's you know, usually it's the feminine energy who initiates it. Although you tend you have a bit of a masculine energy, so you might you it's possible that he could be the feminine energy and you're the masculine energy, in which case he would be the one in shading breakups.
Speaker 2: I can't tell.
Speaker 1: It's hard from an email, but you have an assertive energy. There's been so many times over the years where I've cried to my boyfriends. I'm like, you just need to get away from me, Yeah, for like a while, and just don't talk to me.
Speaker 6: I'm not even mad at you. I just don't want your energy in the room. And it has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And then when I'm alone, dude, being alone, being the only one in your home, it's blissful, It's heaven. It's the best gift you could ever give to yourself. It's alone time.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people, how so many people are are sharing apartments.
Speaker 2: I don't either, And my lease is up soon, and.
Speaker 6: We were just having the conversation today and I was like, I don't want to give this up because I need my own space.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I totally get that. My apartment's small.
Speaker 6: And now I'm gonna but like we want to find a second place kind of, you know, we don't. We always want to have two places, one of the woods and one of his or both of ours, you know, apartments in the city. And the lease is coming up too soon, Like I just don't have time to get a place, but I'm extending it for a couple of months because I need I need it. Like I'm not seeing him tonight because he's working, and I'm like, I'm so excited and I love that guy, like I one of the best boy best boyfriend I ever had. But like, oh my god, my alone time, you just walk around naked, you masturbate, you play piano, you get your shit done, so much stuff.
Speaker 2: Just don't fucking hear another person breathing. That's the best part part of it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's the best part because even when they're in the other room, you know they're there, it's not the same. Yeah, there's like I mean, like I've had boyfriends who can I can be with for many days and they don't bother me. But it's not common no, and even still you still you need your time to yourself.
Speaker 2: So you got to have that conversation, baby girl, and then come see us live after you've seen us in New York City on February first at the Midnight Theater and then Valentine's Day February fourteenth.
Speaker 6: Well before all these January twentieth ticket links are now up, there is a very limited amount of tickets to the very exciting premiere show of my new show.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a podcast, it's a show. It's going to live on YouTube called Wait What.
Speaker 6: It's about aliens, the afterlife, psychic phenomena, psychedelic drugs, and all the things that make you question your reality.
Speaker 2: And I'm so excited for the show January twentieth. It's a Saturday.
Speaker 6: It's going to be at MCM Production Studios in New York City, and we're going to have very special guests, John Ronson joining us to talk about psychic phenomena.
Speaker 2: He has some very cool stories that he's excited to share.
Speaker 6: And then we're opening up the microphone at the end of the show for anybody in the audience that has experiences with the psychic phenomena, including aliens. If you're living in Florida and you were at that mall Miami on January first, holler at you, girl, because I can't figure out what the fuck is happening with that, whether it's a conspiracy or not.
Speaker 2: It's very confusing, and I know what the alien stuff.
Speaker 1: The government and the police very quickly try to make you think you're crazy or that it was somebody else's fault.
Speaker 2: So buy tickets to that show.
Speaker 6: And then also I'm headlining Banana's Comedy Club in Hasbrook Heights, New Jersey February ninth and tenth, with John Campanelli featuring. And then on March twenty second, Springfield, Missouri, I'm headlining the Blue Room. And as always, if you would like, I co hot or I host group Sheaffy over Zoom four times a month on my Patreon.
Speaker 2: It's patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson. All the audio is uploaded to the Patreon the next day and we have some really great conversations. There was a girl there who had a breakthrough recently, and it was really exciting because I've been following her story for about a year now and it's really it's a beautiful space and it makes me love humanity more after I end the each zoom and I gotta say, I need more of that because the world is tough. The world is tough. So I will see you there, all right.
Speaker 1: And then for me, you can see me on my podcast Without a Country every week that comes out Wednesday nights on YouTube and everywhere you listen to podcasts. We are headed right into you know, election season before you know it. So there's so much to cover on that show. We've had some great interviews in the past year. We're talking about books in prison, We're talking about human zoos. I mean there's not a to you know, no stone left unturned. That's a human zoom exactly what it sounds like. Whoa, it's not kinky or sexy. No, it's extremely renascence sexy.
Speaker 2: It's extremely racist. Oh my god. Yeah, whoa. Okay, I gotta tune it. You gotta tune it. So all those topics and more.
Speaker 1: You know, if you are interested in the news or if you just want to be more interesting at a party, which I got to be honest, a lot of you could really use just and I would love to just hear people. I know this is literally a show about relationships, but I got there has to be more to talk about than the opposite sex or the same sex, depending on who you date, and that is my goal to put you out into the world with some you know more. It's long form animal facts basically. And then Washington, d C. I am playing DC Comedy Lost February twenty nine, three March.
Speaker 2: Second. You guys have known about that one for a while.
Speaker 1: I know sometimes it's hard to buy tickets for you know, in the next year, So now I'm going to really push that it's time. Some of you already have tickets, but make sure to get that. Chloe Lea Branch will be with me and it will be a super fun time. We always have a great show together, so looking forward to that. All the links are up as a link tree link in my bio and that is that.
Speaker 2: So I had I have a couple of things I wanted to bring up.
Speaker 1: One one is the more serious one that we'll get to first, and I don't know, I don't have an answer, so I'm more asking you current or the audience, but like the just the I mean, it's it's weird to go about your day.
Speaker 6: I think that people are good at compartmentalizing. We're all good at it, and that's a good thing and a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It makes us functional, But at the same time it makes us kind of I don't know, like, does it not allow us to give enough thought and emotion and energy to these horrible things that are happening?
Speaker 2: But do that?
Speaker 1: Fucking war and Gaza getting plummeted and these win just fun. It is really tough to not think of that all the time, especially being bombarded by, you know, just all these images on social media. And I managed to keep myself off of social media except to post a lot of the time because I don't want to see these images because they make me so sad, and what can you do? Somebody had DM me.
Speaker 6: I posted something about childhood trauma, like a post of this guy Patrick that I followed that I really love.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of great things to say.
Speaker 6: And he had this post about relating to you know, going no contact from your parents because he that's what he did. It's better to be an orphan than to be held hostage. And I posted that with a with a note saying it was about you know, a dysfunctional parent. But then somebody had DM me, and I understand where they're coming from. Usually if someone dms me.
Speaker 2: Like are you fucking serious? So tone deaf, I'm like what and I'll come adam with that same energy. But I get it because everybody there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of energy to this conflict that's happening and in Ukraine that where do we put it?
Speaker 2: But they were mentioning like, you guys haven't mentioned that on the podcast, And there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of curiates me because on Without a Country, guys, I have to talk hours, yes, and hours and hours of research and content about it. So please do not come at me that this is this is just a different space.
Speaker 2: We actually tried this.
Speaker 1: I'm aggravated now because we tried to do news content on the show and you guys, with your feedback, basically told us very yeah exactly, you told us in no uncertain words that you didn't want news there.
Speaker 2: I fucking created a fucking space so that I could do that.
Speaker 1: And also because the way politics are, unfortunately on a show when you're co hosting, a lot of times like our thoughts will bleed it, Like you know, Christina could say something and I could be held accountable, or I could say something Christina could be held accountable, and I did. So I didn't want to get really deep on this show basically because I want to just anything I say, I want to be felt fully accountable personally for. And that's a big part of the reason that I started without a country. So I could talk freely and not worry about basically looking over Christina's career and or how she felt about any Like I just could go on my own rants and rampages and talk about stuff for hours on end that just don't have a place on this show. And like we talked about, you know, feminist issues and stuff like that will still bring here. But like this is just like a bit, you know, like a bit of this is a later show we basically do. We'll do a molestation and rape, which is certainly not right, but that's kind of what.
Speaker 2: We do the umbrella on this on this show. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's a specific theme to this show.
Speaker 1: And so that's so to say we haven't mentioned it, No, you haven't fucking looked. Yes, I and I know that it's not everyone's job to talk about everything all the time, totally and.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's so sick of that.
Speaker 6: But when this person DM me and I looked at their profile and they had like a free Palaestine thing as their logo, it was it was made very clear to me that this, this ongoing annihilation of people in Gaza is Is is affecting you in an awful way. And of course it is, because it's awful and it's traumatizing and it's terrorizing.
Speaker 2: And I feel like people need somewhere to put the anger.
Speaker 6: And then you just end up fucking yelling at somebody for not talking about it on a sex podcast. It's misplaced, yes, but I I know enough about traumatic situations to know that, like it's okay. It's like I remember Crone once when you say this is unrelated. But when you're like, like a guy like touched your ass and like when you were walking down the street and I got I'm like, what the fuck, and you're like, I'm glad he did it to me because I know that this guy's fucked up and I'm not going to be like upset, But if he did that to somebody who was assaulted, that could like ruin their fucking week or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, Apparently I since that energy into the world because I got sexually assaulted again this weekend, the same shit that happened to you. Someone taking a picture with me, Fucking I don't want to do it to you, but like grab my you know. It was like it was from the side and like I don't wear bra I don't wear bras, and my it's hard to find where my tits are sometimes, so so I was just like giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: And then I never give a man the benefit of the well.
Speaker 1: I learned that I was I'm just I was just I'm so at peace and at zen that I was like that, uh, it's I've been people have been like so forward with me lately, and I was like, oh, they sense my higher vibration and they want to get a piece of it.
Speaker 2: You're right, and it's it's no, you're not.
Speaker 1: I mean I there was in this weekend alone, there was like four really crazy interactions. I mean I was out at the comedy club and the security had a literally leap on this guy. It was a fairy shit. Staff's writing the apology letters. I go, it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh fuck that. Yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 1: Most offensive part about it was how unattractive this man was. But it's always that guy that you funny. I got control ish, I got groped. Later that night at New Year's at the tree Bike, I.
Speaker 2: Got kicked out. No, I know matter and told me, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He fucking and I knew I didn't freeze up, and wonder was that fucked up?
Speaker 2: Hours later, I actually that was a comic who did that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And it was in the moment and he was drunk and he did it twice. And then this other comic saw him do it to me, yeah, and she saw me go.
Speaker 2: He was like, he just fucking did that to me too. I'm like, all right, this guy needs to leave.
Speaker 6: You need to be kicked out. You just got past here. Are you fucking serious? What the fuck is your problem anyway? Sorry, that's happening. That's fucked up and led on energy.
Speaker 1: You're you are, there is wild energy and when your vibration goes higher, puranhas come in and it's weird. I go, oh, you would think raising your vibration wouldn't make uh decisive?
Speaker 2: These people go away? Yeah, no, they just want to suck it out of you. It's awful.
Speaker 1: But but that is all to say that this person that DM ME was and it was upset.
Speaker 2: I got like I got it. I wasn't my normal like folks, you're probable when I got like defensive.
Speaker 6: So so I did want to bring it up and just ask the listeners, like, is there's a reputable charity. I was doing some research. It seems like UNICEF donates sanitary products to Gaza. But I'm like, how the fuck are we getting these things to them? If people in Gaza can't get out, how do we get them tampons? Like, but what's happening is so it's so awful and inhumane and it's hard to think about. But I just wanted to throw it out there of people that like run or work for reputable ways to donate funds, to donate products, whatever the fuck we can do to help, because it feels like, you know, you want to be able to do something so that yes, they.
Speaker 2: Can move on with your day with a little bit of peace of mind. I don't know, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Well. Thing it's like a it's like a it's just I mean, this has been going on since for years and five years, and it's just but it's just both sides got to stop and just stop killing.
Speaker 2: Just stop. It's just it's not gonna happen. It's not I know, I know.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm like, I wish we could just drop ecstasy over everybody and just put it in the air, and then all the people that are fighting, that are killing people that are firing missiles and firing guns, maybe those fucking mellow out and realize that that's not the way killing people killing anybody.
Speaker 2: It's not the way. I love that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you've never met anyone from the age, well you have met someone from me there is really army, but I have.
Speaker 6: But that's why I'm saying, nothing is going to work unless you give them ecstasy involuntarily without them knowing, and then they chill the fuck out truly, or aliens come down right before the battlefield the way, you know, and then everyone drops their weapon and they go, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck is that? I've been thinking about this. This is the only two things I could think of that would do an immediacyas fire.
Speaker 1: That's it's a lot of it is like it's religion, you know, based obviously, and it's just two groups of people that just don't feel the same way about the world or religion is supposed to, you know, bring you closer to yourself and to God, and it really doesn't do that often.
Speaker 2: No, nope.
Speaker 1: So but if you're interested in learning more about it, as it seems so many of you are, you can tune into the show that I do hours and hours and hours of research on that. There's literally a YouTube thing that says, like Karin, I think it's called like Karen Fisher breaks down Israel versus Palestine on YouTube available. When I say hours of content, me talking about hours of content that I have researched because I do think that this is absolutely important and I did want to be more informed about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's right there for you.
Speaker 6: I don't know anybody else who is as thorough and unbiased in their research endeavors as you are, Koran. It's like a very valuable pieces of information to ingest because you're getting it from a source that is truly not biased and truly does her fucking homework.
Speaker 2: My god, thank you.
Speaker 1: But it's been so it's been so interesting because you know, without a country, extremely hard show to clip because people number one, you can tell how people people want to be angry about politics, right, yeah, And every time I clip it up, people always people always think that I'm going against them, and I'm like, oh, it's clear from your reaction to this clip that you have no idea what side I'm actually on, how I actually feel about it. You haven't consumed the full uh length content. And I listen Without a Country is basically a two hour if not more, show me monologue every week. But yeah, I mean, it happened with really serious things like Israel and Palisine, and it happened with not as serious things like the new Dave Chappelle's new special The Dreamer and I And so I like put these big notes like please before you react, like, yes, this is one piece of the conversation I have. But especially now that I'm doing the show solo, which I actually really really like, Yeah, I'm kind of almost debating myself. So I'll bring up a point and I'll bring up a counterpoint, right, which I did with everything, you know, I posted a clip, posted a lot of clips you know about and I posted one clip about the rise of anti Semitism. So everyone assumes, especially because being Jewish, that I am pro Israel, Like, oh, that's not the case. That's not that's not the case. But I but what I do think is I did see a very I saw a wild uptick in anti Semitism, like violent anti semitism in New York City.
Speaker 2: And that can't be. Yeah, that's that can't be.
Speaker 6: It's so soaked and the history of Jewish people being murdered and annihilated throughout time is just disgusting.
Speaker 2: I've tried to learn about it as much as I can, and it's awful. But it's a yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 1: And if you look at a situation, yeah, you kill a small number of people and then you basically, you know, just do away with, you know, an entire section of people, which is what happened. It's like, you know, there's a lot of you know conspiracy too that you know ut and Yahoo was you know, in cahoots with Hamas you know, that's the least sat on the y basically like basically like a wild you know, because it's the fact that somehow the IDEF didn't know that they were planning this, like they're on top of everything. Yeah, so it's like, oh, they allow everywhere a small amount of casualties and of course it's not small if you were one of those people or those are one of your family members, but like a tail amount of casualties in order to actually, you know, go absolutely ape shit on Gaza.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the terror in which they killed women and children and men like everybody, and the tactics they use are so awful.
Speaker 2: Like the New York Times article about like the rapes.
Speaker 1: And stuff is just but there's also it's it's it's there's also been so much misinformation, so it's very hard, especially if your main new news source is Instagram fake pictures, which is a big problem that we were also discussing. You know, this is the first kind of time period that we're living in, uh where a picture or a video does doesn't make something so and you should you know, I'm sure you're really familiar with that from Alien.
Speaker 6: They oh my god, there's so much fake shit out there, and then AI you're like Jesus Christ, Okay, I'm not gonna believe it until I have multiple videos of the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, of different angles from different people's cell phones. That's clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did like an interview cut it. It was like with some media big media head and they asked him, what do you think is the most pressing issue for journalists and media outlets today, and he was like, it's one hundred percent the sharing of misinformation. But he's not talking, but he's like, I'm not talking about like Donald Trump level in quotes fake news. He's like, I'm talking about high level AI created fake videos and photos. And again, going into the presidential election, you really need to check your sources. See, you know, remember when there was for Israel and Palestine, there was like God, there was something going around that they were like putting babies in ovens, like the Palestinis or putting babies and ovens or something.
Speaker 2: And I saw a.
Speaker 1: Lot babies heads off the pro Israel people, and I go, I just don't know that this is happening.
Speaker 2: But there as photos and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So and I just did extensive research and I was like, there's not really any that's.
Speaker 2: True because they're fake.
Speaker 1: There's right, you know, and it's so important, and yeah, it does take a lot of time. It takes a ton of time to look into this. And then also most people don't do it. But and it's also like, I mean I want everyone to know about it, but like, I don't want to hear every like dipshit idiot podcast host talk about something that they neither learned about that month. Yes, I agree, if that's not hepfulation spreads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear about people's personal experiences. If you have people that you know, families in the area, what are you hearing from them? Those are the pieces of information that are valuable to understand what's actually happening.
Speaker 5: But there's also the one thing that I think has gotten kind of gone away as a as a uh uh a thing that people think about when they look for news is like the places that are can considered credible, like the New York Times and the Washington Posts and places like that, when they get something wrong, they have to go back and say, we.
Speaker 2: Got this right. The transparency in that so even there is ethics to journalists. There's ethical standards that you know.
Speaker 1: And and so that's why when people I go, you can shit on Fox News all you want, but they actually are still abiding by these ethical standards because legally they have to. Right and again, the thing I point out again and again is what you don't what you don't have to do is you can you can kind of like blow a small true point out of proportion, and that is the tactic that Fox Us uses a lot, so they'll keep there.
Speaker 2: You know, it's something they're obsessed with. For instance, is trans trans people.
Speaker 1: Right, So the stories that they report on, like a trans woman winning a woman's sports thing, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just still to piss everybody.
Speaker 1: Will be true and accurate, but they're not telling you the statistics of like this is like a one in a million thing, you know, like they're not presenting all of that. So like the the information is not untrue, it is just wildly proportionally skewed.
Speaker 5: And the difference is also Fox and News's role is to basically take that headline and then turn it into a conversational talking point. That's what their shows become, like.
Speaker 2: They create content. They regularly have me.
Speaker 1: On, right.
Speaker 5: But the New York Times there is there is a report where they they had gotten it wrong. They they called it too early and they said at the very beginning of the conflict uh in Gaza where they said that Israel had blown up a hospital in the Gaza strip and they went wrong. They kind of called they their sources were they just did it before they had fully checked. They put it out there and it was wrong, but they retracted that. So when you're going through a credit, going through a credible news source, they have to print a retraction if they get that ship wrong, and they have to make that clear. Whereas if you're just getting information off of uh, you know, account, it's just like it's information that's probably unchecked and if it's wrong, you'll probably not hear about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then yeah, and I think that everybody should just take take notice of your own reactivity and just be aware of your own desire to want to react to something or to want to get angry, because I think most of us have that. I think social media feeds into it. They pay people millions of dollars to figure out how to feed into that. But if you're more mindful of that, we can stop jumping the gun so fast and go, oh okay, maybe this isn't a piece of information that is accurate that I'm taking in. Well, it's just like, I mean, no offense. But like your view on Israel and Palestine like that, persons giving you like oh yeah, Christina Hutchinson is gonna change mine either, know, Like it's just I know that.
Speaker 2: But the only thing I can think, like, it's because you have a loss.
Speaker 1: Of people have people feel a loss of control when something horrific is happening and they don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I understand that on Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: I understand people's people's anger, and uh, yeah, it's fucked, it's fucked. But I wanted to bring that up, and then I know we have to get to our guests. But real quick, just real quick, on the throat out there. This is a total, total turn, total right turn from what we were just talking about, like we were the topic of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like what we do here for ten years.
Speaker 6: So we've talked with uh, the urologists that we had out about a lot of sexual function is based on blood flow, right, yeah, doctor Reich. So I watched this documentary I think it was on Hulu or Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's called what the fuck is it called? Was it called You Are What You Eat? I think? Yeah? It was a twins study. Oh I started watching that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome. And at the end of each twin went on a separate diet. One was vegan, one was omnivore, but they were both healthy.
Speaker 6: Right, and there was a couple differences in stacks over a period of eight weeks. But one of the differences that I found interesting that relates to the show is they measured the temperature of the twins genitals looking at porn before they embarked on these diets, and after they embarked on these diets. Oh interesting, And the people the twins that got the vegan diet were so much more aroused. There was so much more blood flow to their genital area when they were looking at worn than before they did the vegan diet.
Speaker 2: So all I'm saying is, really.
Speaker 1: I was so constipated when I was vegan. I've been I've been slowly doing it. There's no way I'm going to be going one hundred percent vegan because when I go out to eat or at somebody's house, I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be that much of a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: But vegan food is delicious, It's really good.
Speaker 1: And then the thing I didn't know about this dock dude eating beef is so bad for the environment.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: The amount of I haven't either, but like the amount of methane that gets that gets put into the atmosphere from cows burps and shit. Is so like if we got if we made it illegal to touch a cow, the ozone would like begin to actually repair itself.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I mean that will never happen, but just wanted to throw it out there.
Speaker 1: I mean also just like how the cows are treated, like a lot of these animals never see a drop of sunlight for their whole lives to be slaughtered.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we want to talk about, you know, being humane. Oh, and fish farms are disgusting, and the way chickens are kept is it's all it's all gross, and I think American love to be ignorant to it so we can just keep eating our hot dog.
Speaker 1: But it's like, eh, well I pass sausage, you know, a sausage factory on the way here, and I was just like thinking in my head, I was like, I can't believe it's twenty twenty four and we're still like doing sausage.
Speaker 2: I really, it just feels like we are so behind and we don't need protein in every one of our meals and also kind of like a sausage here and there.
Speaker 1: Well, I disagree with that. I think you do need protein in all your meals. But we don't need animal prote No, no, no, I never Yeah, it could be one hundred percent plant protein.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we need a lot of protein though, especially women.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, guys. Let's let's get to it, you know, let's Oh did you want to pro the TC show? I already did. Oh you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool our guest today. I'm very excited to talk to her.
Speaker 6: She is uh, very well versed in a topic that I have unfortunate experience with and I don't really get to talk to people about it much because I don't know what the fuck to say and I don't have as much knowledge as this woman. She is a New York City based actor, comedian, and contact creator doing deep Dogs lives into the issue of sperm Downership.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show. Laura, Hi, you.
Speaker 4: Blay zombie, big Masa Fusco sexy? Which dogs? Don't you sure?
Speaker 1: Black?
Speaker 4: NSA dude, Gemma? Can you up? Because I feel that you.
Speaker 1: I can't hear my GOLs and.
Speaker 2: My field was black. There's a party at.
Speaker 5: I'd be late to the party.
Speaker 4: I think I'm really do good? Can so nice hearty, nice sexy, which is everywhere ahead again.
Speaker 6: Check yes, yes, okay, we are here with comedian and you say activists.
Speaker 2: Was that a fair term?
Speaker 6: Sure, or at least advocate advocate yea all things sperm donor related.
Speaker 3: Laura, Hi, Hello, thank you all for having me, Thank you being here. Not just sperm donor, I would say all donor conceived donor conceived people. Yeah, well we'll do the full rounding for the whole community. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You really dedicated a lot of your energy to this topic, and I'm very thankful because, as I said to you earlier, I don't have anybody to talk to about it because I don't know anybody. Can you go over quickly for our audience your story with being donor conceived? How'd you find out and how that was at the beginning?
Speaker 3: Oh, happily. So I am actually like, I'm one of the lucky ones. So I'm thirty five, I'm born in nineteen eighty eight, and I was told actively by my parents when I was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Imagine that parents who told told the kid that's weird. I know, fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: I was like, did you ask your parents, like how did they decide on what age? Was appropriate to tell they were.
Speaker 3: I mean, so let me put it a little things. So fourteen nowadays would be considered a late discovery. Anything past the age of three is considered late discovery, right, wow, three year old And though Spermas though it isn't. But but it's like referring to like yes, like you're like you know the donor biological like it should be part of the conversation always. It should never be something that they find out. And there's lots of children's books to explain the process. Oh really, yes, they're coming out like they're they're coming out a lot right now, which is really really great. That's available a great place for any if we have any intended recipient parents or recipient parents listening to go follow at Jana rupnow r up n ow. She's like the leading therapist when it comes to a donor conception. Great great resource for recipient parents. She always has like a massive list of like of children's books, so if you need it, the right children books are great. It's a great way to deliver a hard message. Absolutely, and I think it gives parents language because for me and I think for a lot of parents who were like more in our age group, A lot of the doctors were telling parents like, you never need to tell your child that their donor can see actively.
Speaker 2: Did your parents tell.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the doctor told them, but I do know when I asked my mom if my dad was my biological father after getting all these messages on twenty three and me, she was like, oh, I'm like, oh, okay, And she had wanted to tell me to give her credit.
Speaker 6: She wanted to tell me my whole life. She wanted my My mom wanted a second child very badly. I have a brother who's eight years older than me, who's biologically both my parents' child, and my dad had testicular cancer, so there was something with the sperm there, I'm sure. And so he agreed to do a donor only if I never found out, because he didn't want me to think of him different. So their reason, his reasoning. It's fucked up that they didn't tell me, But I do understand. And there was no language in that time. There was no therapeutic language barely.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things where you had the right to know. Anyone in your position has the right to know. I understand. Given like our our age group where there's zero resources, there's zero help, and the industry is literally at that point in time telling the parents. Don't tell your fucking kids. I get it, it's still not right. It was still wrong. Yeah, have they if you don't mind me asking, like, have they like come around?
Speaker 2: Have they like apologized? Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we have for growth.
Speaker 6: Well, I also don't talk to my parents either, either of them. Fuddily enough has nothing to do with that, but it has to do with a lot of other things. But I had the conversation I have with my dad. When my mom found out that I knew, she was like, can you just give me time to tell She was nervous to tell my dad because they she tried to bring it up and like, we need to tell her. So I appreciate her advocating for me and in that respect, But the conversation was just like, hey, yeah, you're not.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought you were because my hand's peel and your.
Speaker 1: Hands peel and he was like, hah yeah, it's like this weird like allergy we get And then it was just so laughing and then we moved on like there was just no conversation about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's and and that's and and that's really unfortunate. And I was very, very lucky. My parents were always like, we're always gonna tell her, but when to tell me was always like, well, when's the best time to do it? Yeah, And they brought it up and I will always love my parents for this. They brought it up to my pediatrician and they were like, this is Laura. We obviously you know sperm donor baby, so letting medically you know that, and wow, and which is a phenomenal because most parents don't even tell the kids pediatrician. So my pediatrician and I love her. Shout out to doctor Mary if she's listening. Told my parents saying, okay, so you're gonna tell her, and my dad is going to be the one to do it because she's going to be insecure that you don't love her as much. So if you're the one to tell her and you tell you know, that's going to completely override it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good tactic. I like that.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and there was no research. This was like doctor Mary pulling this out of nowhere. And I'm like, you know, she was pulling it from her heart.
Speaker 6: And your parents also seemed to have like an open, more open heart than others.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh yeah, and so my parents were just like, let's tell her when she's gonna understand medically what it is. So fourteen ended up being the age my dad told me in the car, because that's where all dads do that conversation. My dad was full on boom er dadding, and he asked it I was fourteen, and he was like, Laura, do you know how babies are made? I'm like, yeah, Dad, I've seen skinemax and he was like, for you and then told me, And for me, I feel it was this massive validation because I always.
Speaker 2: Fucking knew something was up.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, okay, that just didn't feel like you were in the family I did.
Speaker 2: I was like, am I switched at birth? And I'm so interesting that you have that intuition.
Speaker 3: I most donor can I shouldn't say a lot of donor can see people do as well.
Speaker 6: I felt like something was wrong, but my mom had so much mental illness that I was like, I guess it's that you know.
Speaker 2: So that took the enter stage. But my brother always told me jokingly that I was the mailman's baby because I don't look like the people in my family.
Speaker 1: I don't look like my dad. He know, no, she had no idea. I was so rewarding telling him, but uh.
Speaker 2: I always felt like, not, well, I thaw out a place, but I think that was a mental homeless thing.
Speaker 6: But I always felt like, you guys know something that I don't, and it's beyond adult child thing and it's fucking making me nuts like it. And I didn't make that connection until I was in shock for the first year that I found out, so I didn't have.
Speaker 2: An opinion on it. I was just like, uh uh uh.
Speaker 6: And then after a year in the dust settled a little bit, I was like, I always felt like something like, you weren't telling me something.
Speaker 1: Well, kids always know. My my ex boyfriend, I didn't. I have not gone through this process personally. But while I was dating him, he he found out in his thirties that he was adopted.
Speaker 2: Yes, and because the same thing.
Speaker 1: He would look at pictures and be like, you know, not to be rude, but why am I hotter than everyone?
Speaker 2: Like a lot? I'm like, why is my skin darker? Hy a my taller like? And and he was just like he just like it's something's you know.
Speaker 1: And yeah, then he finally and then like he found like newspaper articles and like then his you know, in his.
Speaker 2: Oh, he just found out before they told him.
Speaker 1: We started piecing together together, I mean me and him together started piecing things together. I remember being like in a car and a dunkin Donuts parking lot with him, like and he had like paperwork and then we're just like kind of figuring it out where we were like figuring out together, like we were on you know.
Speaker 2: Special Victims. You d it was nice.
Speaker 1: Was so crazy and then yeah, and then he did the same thing, like went to his parents and were like what And then also his you know, biological mom had passed away the same Yeah, it's just like it's a bummer it's up here that you don't like my donor had passed away, so he's no longer live. But I'm like, man, I wish my mom was adopted. That's why I got her the twenty three of me kit for Christmas.
Speaker 6: She didn't want to do it, and I was like, well, I want to do it because we don't know about your biological family.
Speaker 2: This could be so interesting. Yeah, and then helpful medically yea.
Speaker 3: Insane, Like people don't understand getting a medical history from your biological family literally can save your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And with your mom with all her medical ailments, like she has so many like things that she never knew about.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, that would be so helpful exactly.
Speaker 6: And I'm I was also I'm bummed I didn't get to meet the sperm donor because my mother has a sister who I am in contact with, that she was in contact with later on in her life.
Speaker 1: They look exactly alike. They're like a couple years apart. They were adopted into different families. They look exactly alike. They have the same laugh. It's so cute. They both, separately when they were children got into horses. My mom had a horse when she was ten that my aunt raises horses for a living.
Speaker 2: So like there's all these.
Speaker 6: Cool things that I'm like, that's nature, not nurture, and that's so cool. Yeah, And I would love to have found out like does he is he funny?
Speaker 2: Is he? You know? Like that kind of stuff is cool?
Speaker 3: No. Absolutely, And that's a big thing that actually really a lot of donor canceive people go through as well, is because for some people think that, like the donor is just going to provide I would say, as sterilized DNA as possible, just to basically fill.
Speaker 2: In a gap.
Speaker 3: But a lot of times the child looks and has the personality of the donor and it throws everyone off, and the recipient parents are like, well, shit, this isn't this is a little different.
Speaker 2: Oops.
Speaker 3: And then the kid feels out of place and there's no genetic mirroring for them, and they're like, why do I look different from the rest of the family. Why am I interested in very different things? Why is my demeanor very different? And then on top of which it really it really sucks, is a lot of recipient parents, even when they do tell their child that their donor conceived, they're like, yeah, but the donor conception doesn't matter. You're our kid. You're our kid. And it's like or like, don't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: Oh that's thing my parents said, And I'm like, oh, jokes on you booboom, it's on the whole world, because.
Speaker 2: That's my story, it's your story.
Speaker 1: So much parenting has done like it was my shrouding your kids with shame. It's but that's it wild you're parenting one on one apparently, But that's the problem.
Speaker 3: You're literally telling your child to be ashamed of half of who they are. I'm ashamed, and it's I think it's cool you wanted me here. Honestly, I feel more.
Speaker 6: I felt more wanted, even though it was so fucked up that they didn't tell me. But at the same time, right next to that was you went through great lengths to make me be a person on here.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 6: That's that's kind of an honor to know, and it makes me feel good. You're more expensive, yeah, suck it, But I think.
Speaker 3: But I think a part of it is like it also is like you spent so much emotional and monetary like labor. Why are you casting shame on how you became a family. And it's always something I go through, like so much with the fucking recipient parents, And I'm like, you spent literally like years, you put a second mortgage on your fucking home.
Speaker 2: Why are you shaming the child for something you chose for them?
Speaker 3: That's really fucked up. And it's like, this is your child, is you know, your amazing, wonderful child, and yes the donor is there as well. You can't just shadow them. You have to let the child decide how important the donor, conception and the donor is within their life. It is not for you to decide it is for your kid if you as a parent, Like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, true, right, but how important was it for you?
Speaker 3: It didn't become I didn't realize how important was until later in life.
Speaker 2: It was so for me. We were told I was made.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about you, but like I, my parents weren't allowed to pick the donor. I was like before donor catalogs were a thing, and like I didn't have a donor number, donor profile or anything like that, and like nothing, and I was I was made in New York City, so yeah, and my parents were told, so we match the donors to the dad's as best we could hair color, eye color, ethnicity.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, But they were told that.
Speaker 3: They were told that, and what they said it was the weirdest thing. And my parents didn't choose this clinic. They just were assigned this clinic. They said, like we the number one thing we match before anything else is religion.
Speaker 2: Ew I'm like, what the fuck now? Our religion is not in your DNA. I mean, you know, I was raised Catholic.
Speaker 3: So I mean, like obviously we needed sperm that was like good on its fucking knees, because God forbid me get that Protestant sperm.
Speaker 2: That's so dumb, it's so fucking's so dumb about religion, and it's such a religion, such a beautiful thing, and people ruined. I mean, it's it's the eighties. People were a little fucked up at that point. There was a lot of cocaine and hairspray.
Speaker 3: But so, but what ended up happening was so my dad Irish, Scottish Catholic, I grow up looking the way I do. I mean, if anyone's yeah, if anyone's watching this, like you're looking at me going like are you you sure? And so I thought I was Irish, Scottish and Polish from my mom's my entire life. But feature but I would say I but I came into my features. I came into how I look my hair. I had a different hair texture than everybody in my family. My hair, my family's hair is like pin straight, and I had like a fucking fro, like got a princess diaries, like pre.
Speaker 1: Makeover, and that's where I look like it's a jew fro. I had the jewjraw same and that's the only brother possibility. As Italian, it was like yeause, I'm both Jewish and Italians, so it's like interchangeable.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, yeah, no, I did.
Speaker 3: I mean I when I was I worked at the Times Square Toys Arrests. Yeah, and I had people coming up to you Jewish. Well literally, I had members of the Hasidic Jewish community come up and talk Yiddish to me and I'd be like, I'm so sorry, I don't speak Yiddish and they're like, okay, but you're Jewish.
Speaker 2: I'm like no, and they're like ok dude.
Speaker 6: All the little kids, the little the little Hasidic kids will come up to me with the with the I don't know what the divide they get grain of something they ask you and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had got a kid come up like hey, you're Jewish. I'm like no, I'm not, and he's like, yes you are, Like, dude, no, not bro go home. They he was right, yeah, no, that's they crazy.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm like I want to find those mamas because those are the ones coming up to me and they were just like we need to talk.
Speaker 2: What are you then I need.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I owe those ladies, I owe them a drink or food, whatever is what would be appropriate. But yeah, I know, and I've been clocked that way my whole life. Took the twenty three and meters Ancestry found out, No, I am fifty percent osh Konazi Jewish. My mom took it, not a lick of Ashkanazi in her. So it's like it's all from the donor. So we're like, okay, Lie Number one got it. Where we started getting suspicious though, was I was nineteen years old and I called the doctor who made me from the clinic and I was nineteen and I was kind of like, fuck, let's let's fucking do it.
Speaker 2: And I called them and I was like, Hi, I'm Laura High.
Speaker 3: I'm you know, Bloody Blue's daughter. Do you know who I am? And I will never forget the sound of his voice. He went, yeah, I know who you are?
Speaker 2: Whoa? And I was like whoa? And excuse me. It got really weird and I was like okay, and I will never forget it.
Speaker 3: It was like it was tension, and I was like, hey, I just want to know, like can I get my medical history?
Speaker 2: Can I know who the donor is? Can I do it?
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, it was anonymous donor, so I can't tell you who it is, even if I did know. Also, the bank that you were from, it was filled with like doctors and med students. But the bank, it's everywhere, but the bank burnt to the ground. So all the medical records. How convenient it's you. If you get ten donor conceived people in a room, five of them will tell you, Oh yeah, the bank and the clinic burntup.
Speaker 2: That's the thing we're told all the time, Burt, like, they all have the same.
Speaker 3: Exp Apparently there is an arsonist attacking fertility clinics.
Speaker 2: Beware. But that doesn't work in a digital age, I know. But the people that were internet fire digital fires are going to be the fire wall caught on fire.
Speaker 6: So you said in the clinic where you were made. When when you get a when a woman gets a sperm donor, don't they just take a turkey.
Speaker 3: Based Well, to be fair, I actually was not made in the clinic, so I was supposed to be. I was supposed to be a turkey baser in the clinic. But my mom was ovulating on a holiday weekend, so the clinic was closed, and so the doctor arranged for the donor to drop the sperm off at a hotel concierge for my mom to pick it up.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious medical.
Speaker 3: And then she went and got it like fucking you know, take out, and went to my father's office and that's where I was made.
Speaker 2: Wait, she put the turkey baster in herself with no my dad did how romantic? That's yeah, put this guy's in, honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, spread her out over his spreadsheets.
Speaker 2: That's kind of romantic. He was in advertising.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, there was a lot of sperm everywhere, so you know, just added me to the wall.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now I have medical issues. That's why you couldn't conceive. That's why you got a donor.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were never quite sure exact actly what the medical issues are with my dad was sperm needs to go through I'm going to make this up and needs to go like thirty phases of like fertilization, or maybe it's like fifty, or it could be like two hundred. I don't remember, but it's like it has a certain amount and my dad's go through like four ICEE and it was at least an issue at the time where it could not be fixed.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it could be fixed now.
Speaker 1: This is also a good conversation because it's such a myth that we see a woman's that infertility is so often the woman's problem, when realistically the stats are almost fifty to fifty, Like it's almost equally the man's fault, especially as we age, not fault. You know. That was my own bias. But uh, I known issue. It's it is a it is a joint yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It's a problem.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a joint problem. But yeah, so for me, I wasn't made in the clinic. I wish I did because it it I I part of me is like this, this feels a little sketchy, mom, because also for me, like this donor was dropping off fresh sperm at a hotel concierge in New York City in the fucking eighties.
Speaker 2: Dude, yo, I love this story. Yeah, this is You're a miracle, Laura. I'm a miracle.
Speaker 3: We didn't get a fucking std is what We're a god damn that. I'm like, mom, do we put that? And then like you see her like now, realize like, oh, ship, we're really lucky that Like she's like oh, and I'm like yeah, mom, like this could have been really bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, because a lot of there's a lot of stories about the sperm being switched or the doctor putting his sperm in.
Speaker 2: That's we cute.
Speaker 3: Fertility fraud. We have now caught over eighty doctors committing fertility fraud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we can't ill what we try to do, like create an army of themselves.
Speaker 2: Yes, some of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that's just a narcissistic dude thing. It's the weirdest. That is the weirdest thing to me. That is the weirdest thing. I just have a bunch of you and you don't even know where they are.
Speaker 2: Well we are. It gets even weirder.
Speaker 3: So we have eighty doctors so far that we found and it's like, God, I don't know what the statistics and I should say, January twenty twenty three, it was seventeen percent of the United States population had taken a commercial DNA test.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's gone up by now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're now and we're now at eighty doctors coming fertility fraud. None of them have gone to jail how and what indicates fertility fraud. Fertility fraud is the malicious intended act of switching out the chosen donor or partner gam meets in IVF for your own or any other that you choose. So it is a malicious intended act, and that's different from fertility negligence, where it is an accidental mix up.
Speaker 2: If these doctors are male, I hope their dick falls off tomorrow morning. What the fuck? Oh these guys are fucked up?
Speaker 1: Is it very hard to like for someone to prove negligence versus fraud? Is that part of the issue, I would say it.
Speaker 3: So when it is like the doctor sperm, that is pretty easy to go like, yes, you definitely did that.
Speaker 2: If it is a different donor.
Speaker 3: That could be argued, I think you'd probably have to show more of like a pattern of behavior. And it's like, oh wow, we seem to have a lot of issues with negligence. Maybe it isn't negligence right.
Speaker 1: It almost seems like maybe doctors like like if you're working, like shouldn't be allowed to be sperm donor like some kind of like across the board ruling so that we can just like NIP doctors.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean because a lot of the people who work within your clinic or cryobank, a lot of them are donors as well.
Speaker 2: So you might be going through a donor.
Speaker 3: Catalog with a receptionist and that receptionist is one of the donors that you are looking at. Yeah, in my opinion, if you work at a clinic or cryobank, you should not be allowed to donate because I think that there's a I don't think I should.
Speaker 2: And also too, if the doctor is switching out with his sperm, you're not going to find out until later. So if that doctor's seventy five years old, he's like, by the time I got caught him, he fucking dead.
Speaker 3: Well that's the that's the problem, and that's why it's so hard to prosecute, right because fertility fraud what we need to pass regulations, because fertility fraud is different than any other kind of medical fraud. Because if you had an operation, they left a sponge in you or something, you're gonna find out fast. You might not find out that you're a proctum or a victim of fertility fraud. And for thirty forty years later. Wow, and that makes it really really hard to actually prosecute.
Speaker 2: Can we name names of any of these alleged doctors? Oh, my god, of course. So we've got.
Speaker 3: Obviously we've got you know, the famous doctor from our father, Go see that documentary on Netflix. That was doctor Klein, doctor Klinck. When the documentary came out, he was like, ninety one kids, they're now over one hundred.
Speaker 1: Dude, how does that make hel financially responsible for these kids?
Speaker 2: No, because because it was a donor.
Speaker 3: It was I think he got like a slap on the risk of risk and not for like switching sperm out. But there was like something else, like when they were doing his like examination process, there was something that happened like that made him in trouble.
Speaker 2: I can't go see the document.
Speaker 6: And he like but he felt like it was like his cake or something like he got off on the fact that he had all these kids.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 3: He was what a big supporter of the quiver Full movement, which is like a very what is called the quiver full movement.
Speaker 2: Christ touches you quiver. It is very Christian nationalism.
Speaker 3: So like the quiver is like the thing that holds all of the arrows when you are doing archery. And the point is you want your quiver full of as many Christian soldiers, so you need to pro create as many Christian soldiers Christian you know, arrows.
Speaker 1: It's so wild how so many religions have a part of it where the guy has to impregnate a lot of women.
Speaker 6: It's almost like it's made up, weird.
Speaker 2: Like men, I was just watching it more of a cold docu series. Last he said that he wouldn't get into the highest level of heaven unless he had multiple wives, and I'm like, that feels like you bet the yes. It feels like.
Speaker 3: Some dude fucking made it up because he really was attracted to the neighbors.
Speaker 6: He was just made a pussy ass bitch and he didn't know how to use his words.
Speaker 2: But other ones. I mean, you have doctor Barwin of Canada, Fuck you dude. He got.
Speaker 3: What that dude did was so he not only switched out the chosen donor donor sperm and IVF sperm as well.
Speaker 2: So like the dad in IVFS.
Speaker 1: Two, dude, that's so fuck The dad thinks he's the dad and then it's the doctor. If I was that dad I would go to that doctor's house and rip his dick off.
Speaker 2: I'm the stick off.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've met some of those victims and it's like, God, it's so fucking heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: I can't they all the intention was there.
Speaker 3: Oh my, it's God, and like some of them like suck the I met the parents and the son from from that and literally this the son found out like seven months ago, and he's in his forties, literally, and we were all in Washington, d C. Together lobbying for a Fertility for All legislation, and the parents were there supporting him as he was giving testimony, and they were in tears, and it was like God.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, that dad must have been so heartbroken. Everyone was.
Speaker 3: I mean, the mom was raped, the dad, this was stolen from him, and the kid is being I mean, he's not a kid, he's a full grown ass man, is being sweetest man in the world, just being really brave and getting test giving testimony as to yeah, maybe we should make this like criminalize it, maybe.
Speaker 2: We should make sure this doesn't fucking happen.
Speaker 6: Is they're a current maximum amount of donations that one sperm donor can make in terms.
Speaker 3: Of oh what now not in the United States, now, are you serious? So in the United States we do not have a federal family limit or sibling cap. The only place we do so Colorado, there was a sibling There was a family limit. One donor is allowed to donate for twenty five families.
Speaker 2: Too many were they're gonna fuck each other. You know, people look like their boyfriend or girlfriend like you're gonna one of them, is gonna fuck one of them one girl.
Speaker 3: You know that people in our community have already had accidental insests like that's already happened.
Speaker 2: That's already happened. Yeah, of course, yeah. I mean I felt some type of connection. I wasn't sure what it was, but it turns out that literally what's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you fucking genetic mirror with someone and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But you hear my was it a twin flame but your brother?
Speaker 3: But you mix it up and instead of realizing, oh, this is like I'm genetic mirroring, you think like, oh shit, you're my soulmate and then we have my data.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So Colorado, now that law hasn't been instituted yet, it will be instituted. Oh you know what yours is twenty twenty four. It'll be instituted next year in twenty twenty five. So right now, currently no family limit, no sibling cap whatsoever.
Speaker 2: In the United States. That is so fun.
Speaker 1: There's no limit for egg donors. But obviously, like your body puts a limit on that as a woman. So it's a little bit harder to create as many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean give it, given the nature of egg donation is much harder. But the morning cryo banks will push what egg What they fucking do to egg donors?
Speaker 2: It drives me up a wall.
Speaker 3: They will they don't give two fucking ships about egg donors. There has been no studies, not no studies into the long term side effects of egg donation.
Speaker 1: And yet they are mentally or physically we're talking, are both both okay, yes, no.
Speaker 3: Joke, it's and they are going to college campuses, setting pop up tents.
Speaker 2: Recruiting eighteen year old eighteen years in the mid with like fifteen thousand dollars. We thought.
Speaker 1: Fifteen thirty it was. It was less than that thirty now it's thirty hours. You can get a lot of money, you can. It was less than now a lot of money. Well, I think I should say.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars and I was like twelve thousand dollars when I was in college.
Speaker 3: No, and it's say they absolutely lie. They mislead, sure, and it's horrible. They lie about they they I mean, they say when you ask like, well, what are the long term side effects, they're like, no long term side effects have been found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you fuckers haven't looked. They're lying flat out.
Speaker 3: And if you go on to social media, social media is riddled with like recruitment ads, like on TikTok, and they know fucking fourteen year olds are on TikTok, and they're making it like if you watch these videos that they make it sound like it's a haircut, and it's an incredibly invasive procedure. It fucking hurts, and a lot of times even with the short term side effects like ohss ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, they don't even warn egg donors about that.
Speaker 2: Most of the time.
Speaker 3: And it's horrible and so okay, so sorry, So we're gonna So what we have is just to break it down, we have there's a difference between federal regulations like FDA regulations, so we have regulations laws, but then one we also have is what's called ASRM American Society of Productive Medicine. They're the ones who create the guidelines or recommendations for clinics and cryobanks to follow. So they have all of these recommendations like exactly so they say, like no, I even have a video on it on TikTok and went viral.
Speaker 2: It's over two million views. Check it out.
Speaker 3: But accordinate ANSWERM guidelines. You're not supposed to bring an egg donor. You're not supposed to have an egg donor donate for more than six cycles, like more than six times. And this egg donor is on TikTok going like I'm about to go in for my seventh time. She had no idea, and she had no idea that it was.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, is she making that her career?
Speaker 3: Uh no, but she was just donating because she wanted to donate again. But also a lot of times the clinics and cryobanks kind of pressure you, going like the parent wants another sibling, Maybe we just do it like one more time.
Speaker 2: It's really bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've had egg donors who have donated for twelve cycles. Oh my shit, it ups your chance for OHSS, and OHSS is very serious, like at worst you could die. At worst, I mean, and there's very small statistic, but you still can massive horrible side effects like oh says is not something to fuck around with. It's horrible and the and the problem is is like we have so much anecdotal evidence right now to the long term side effects of egg donation that we should absolutely be doing research on long term side effects like atholutely.
Speaker 2: The anecdotal evidence.
Speaker 3: We have is terrifying and if you want to look more into it, please look up doctor Diane tober She's the only one who's doing the research into the side effects. She's the only one like comparing the United States to other countries. She's literally gonna fucking save lives. She's coming out with a new book called Egonomics. I think like this coming fault. She's Oh my god, get doctor Dian tober On. She's literally a fucking queen. I love her.
Speaker 1: And this would be the same side effects though for people who are freezing them their eggs for themselves, so we obviously only doing it once.
Speaker 3: You know, we can't compare egg donors to people who are doing an IVF or doing eggs freezing. They're treated so completely differently that we can't even compare them. IVF patients and egg retrieval patients are patients, right, egg donors are fucking products, their merchandise.
Speaker 2: They're completely different.
Speaker 1: So it's just like the way they are treated in the medical industry, like the bedside manner almost are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Or and even.
Speaker 3: They don't treat them like people. They treat them like a fucking they treat them like merchants. They don't give a shit what happens to you.
Speaker 1: I just starting to see if it could kind of like broad in it also because I then I would worry about so many people are freezing their eggs these days, especially kind of like working women who I mean, listen to the show.
Speaker 3: I would say, there's so many. I mean, that is a whole different ball of as. But I would say egg donor it is. I would say, we can't compare because they're treated so different. Okay, yeah, but I mean, and I can't believe.
Speaker 2: There's no max on how many donations one guy can give. I mean the amount of I've talked, have you met to fuck each other? Yeah? How is that for them? What the fuck.
Speaker 3: It's a bit traumatizing, be fucked up. There's no help. There's no help, there's no there's.
Speaker 1: About how traumatizing it is, even like when you're having sex and a family member comes into your minds, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so traumatizing. I mean.
Speaker 3: I was talking to I was talking to one of them, and we were were and and she was just like, I, you know, talking about how she's feeling. I don't know, I feel ashamed and everything. And I and I'm like, girl, you saw a spark in his eye.
Speaker 2: That was not fake.
Speaker 3: I was like, whatever you feel is how you feel about it. You are literally you are the one clearing the way. You are not the only one. But I was like, there's no rea, there's no there's no research for you, there's no book, there's no.
Speaker 2: How to deal with the fact that you fucked your brother. There's nothing. What do I do next?
Speaker 3: There's nothing to help you. You're literally paving the way. However you feel is how you feel this was unfair.
Speaker 2: You are a fucking victim, Like id out.
Speaker 3: I can't for privacy sake, I can't go fully go into it right now. But because it is a little bit of.
Speaker 2: From this I haven't that comes out of the womb with glasses on. Like what I haven't met.
Speaker 3: I haven't met uh tow donor conceived people who are siblings who have made a baby.
Speaker 2: I haven't met them yet.
Speaker 3: All I've met is people who have like accidentally had sex with siblings.
Speaker 2: And I totally that's that's hard. That sucks.
Speaker 1: That suckspened to me because who loves their own genies?
Speaker 2: But chance I coming Claire, I think.
Speaker 1: It would happen to me too, like because I like, I like this person reminds me of me, my dream.
Speaker 2: It's like they're half made, but with the dick.
Speaker 3: I mean made sure you're not donor conceived, right, we've done the twenty three may my brothers, I mean we looks yeah, we're I mean after being dad yeah okay yeah. But it's always like I'm such in favor now of like everyone, like are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, because the amount of people, I'm a little crazy.
Speaker 1: So like I had my brother did it, and then I was like that looks like what we were told. And then I didn't want my actual blood on and and spit on flat file, so I didn't fair enough to do it.
Speaker 2: Myself because I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Know the kind of trouble I'm going to get into, and just me separating myself from the government. I think it's the best bet for me personally. No, I totally get it. I totally got it. But yeah, No, there's so sibling pods.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've talked to now, God, I've talked to so many sibling pods that are over like one hundred. Yeah, and it's so fucked up. It's so you know, very casual and like you know, they there's so many of the siblings are like I was my sibling's next door neighbor, had no idea why went to school with my sibling. I had a crush on my sibling. We dated the same person.
Speaker 2: We did date.
Speaker 3: I went to the same college. Childhood best friends, Yeah, by my best friend, my sister that is.
Speaker 2: Age, that's Corinne was so I ended up living.
Speaker 1: I was born in Pennsylvania, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, where my sperm donor worked.
Speaker 2: At a hospital.
Speaker 6: And I believe that one of the siblings that I that was raised by him, So it was his daughter biologically and like familiarly, I.
Speaker 2: Think was born in PA somewhere.
Speaker 1: We ended up living a block away from each other in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, that's so weird. And Karenn was there when I met her.
Speaker 6: And I felt so I had to go outside and like worn off a panic attack, but it felt like she was so cool. She was so she had this like I don't know, there's something, there was a there was a connection.
Speaker 2: That I felt.
Speaker 6: She probably was like I can't imagine how she felt because it was her dad who donated to to multiple people, so she's.
Speaker 2: Talked to a lot of people about this, but like.
Speaker 6: I felt like a kinship with her immediately, and I felt like we had the same freckles on our arms, which I don't know if I was making that up, but I felt some type of connection with her.
Speaker 3: And I was like, what, well, because you were genetic mirroring for the very first time with pieces of you that you have never seen in your family, and you saw them for the very first time. And yeah, it can be very overwhelming. It can be healing, it can be it can be overstimulating. It can so but please know that that's very normal. Like literally donors people when they find their siblings, they literally send each other pictures of their feet, going.
Speaker 2: Do you have this kind of toe?
Speaker 3: Totally yeah, it's totally normal, Like we all do that. We compare hand like the amount of like shit that when I found one of my sisters we were messaging each other like I was.
Speaker 2: Like, do you get the fucking weird blisters on your hands in the summer? She was like, oh, yeah, I get that on Like it's so weird that genetic similarity also with this emotional piece of it, because it's like logically, I'm like, why do I have an emotion like I'm crying now? Like why I don't?
Speaker 6: I don't know, But the genetic mirroring, I guess I suppose it's like it's an emotional thing.
Speaker 3: It is because we all crave seeing ourselves within our family and we seeing ourselves within our group in our community. There's a safety in it because there's a sense of belonging and it's and look, both are true. DNA doesn't matter and DNA does matter.
Speaker 2: Both are true.
Speaker 3: They both matter, and it's yeah, you're I mean, you know for me, like my dad is my dad? Absolutely, my dad is my dad. But it would have been incredibly healing and validating and very good for me as a kid. To have been able to have that genetic mirroring with my biological family. Being able to have a relationship with my siblings would have been incredibly good for me emotionally. It would have been really good for me to know that, like I was fucking half Jewish. I've been dealing with anti Semitism my entire life. Had no fucking clue that's what I was dealing with. A lot of people didn't like me. So we were both fifty percent austronlogy to do it. That fifty percent is my percentage too. I was just looking at did you grew up? Where did you grow up?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, religion my parents. My mom was too mentally illo. She did have time. But so but which is great because I got to find my own religion.
Speaker 6: But I'm like, oh, that's I don't feel like when I told Karna was Jewish, she was like, I knew it, but I just I said, it.
Speaker 2: Is just explained a lie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, like you know.
Speaker 6: But I'm always like when I started to meet Jewish people, when I went to New York, I didn't realize there was one Jewish kid in my high school in Pennsylvania who was lovely, and I always felt like a like, I think the Jewish like the I've had Jewish friends invite me to their satyrs, their family satyrs.
Speaker 2: And it's I always I'm like, what a beautiful religion this is.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful really like all religion, though there are extreme versions of it that are absolute horseshit, but at the heart it's beautiful. And like with everything happening with Israel and Palestine and stuff, I'm like, I don't don't, I don't know when I.
Speaker 2: Go to think, what do you think that you're fifty percent Jewish? Nothing, I don't know. I don't know, But do you have thoughts on for you?
Speaker 3: My gosh, when it comes to like my yeah, my identity, it's been it's it's really hard because it's like you, because I want to be really respectful to the culture, to the ethnicity, to the religion, because it is an ethno religion, and it's like I obviously never want to step on toes of like closed practices and be like respectful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't pull the Jewish cart, like, well, you knew for your most of your life.
Speaker 2: No, I knew when I was fifteen.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry when I was twenty five I found out went to say I was twenty five, Okay, I didn't find out twenty five.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, because I can't, like, I don't. I'm gonna pull out the cart like for what.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't know, but oh, there's a lot you can pull it out for. I'll tell you what. Okay, sick sick For.
Speaker 3: Me, it's a I have never And I know this is like a weird thing, but it's like, and what I've realized is I so I didn't grow up in the culture. I didn't grow up with like I grew up in like the Catholic Church and everything. But from the world, I have always been been perceived as Jewish, always have been perceived as Jewish. I am not quote unquote white passing. That's never That's such a weird thing to say. But it's like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't. Everyone always assumes I'm Jewish.
Speaker 3: And so I've been dealing with anti Semitism since I was as early as I can remember.
Speaker 2: As like twelve eleven years. Can you give me examples of it?
Speaker 3: Oh God, I remember like a kid ran up to me and was like how do you escape from the camps Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I remember this is in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, people are so anti synthetic. It's actually crazy.
Speaker 2: It was in New York, it was in Westchester.
Speaker 3: People would make like, don't leave change around Laura, and I would never understood what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 1: I feel like half the reason Jews are so funny is like because we've been because anti Semitic jokes are so hacked that we're like, we got to write something better.
Speaker 2: Yeah suck, we got we got a better problem.
Speaker 6: We got we got to punch up your racist retorts here.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's a it's a very weird thing. Whereas like I didn't grow up in the community, I did not grow up within the culture weird, but by the world I am perceived as this and it's a very So it's like for me, that's why I always say I'm half ash Kenazi Jewish. I never say I'm Jewish, never say I'm half Jewish. I feel like that's a step too far. I'm always half ash Kanazi Jewish. Always bring it back to like no, no, no, this is a DNA thing, sure, And that's where I respect it and that's where I started to draw the line. But it's been like it's a lot of imposter syndrome for me, and yeah, that that's where it's sort of Uh, my donor was a rabbi and is a rabbi. He's Orthodox Rabbi. I'm Oyle and I.
Speaker 2: Was wondering if you ever, well, so, how did you ever find out who he is? With the anonymity that he don't needed with twenty three and me?
Speaker 3: I got connected to one of his cousins and she was like, it has to be one of these three relatives and he narrowed it down and I was like, well, I was born here, and she was just like, oh, it's him.
Speaker 2: Have you met him? No, he has made it. I would love uh, I would at one of his services. Yes, I wanted to change you. I would love the medical history. That is number one.
Speaker 3: When I first found him, I was like I was open to meeting him, maybe even having like a nice cordial relationship, but it was like it was one of those things like I just don't know because I just don't know him. But I definitely wanted the medical history and he just never answered me back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then my my sister came into the fold. She messaged him half sister. Yeah, yeah, she's a different yeah. She she and her full sister were also conceived using the same donor.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: So she messaged him because she has a shitload of medical issue and she was like, I need medical answers.
Speaker 2: He never answered her. Bad damn. And he's not obligated too, but what the fuck did well? The cop is he should? He should do it? He is.
Speaker 3: He's a dad, he raised two kids, he's a fucking doctor. He's a rabbi. So there's like a little bit of altruism, I would hope, rabbi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like cool as hell. And then I religious heads all suck. I mean sorry, not all. I read a book. It's the power trip. You can't give people that much power. That's true. That's true. Yeah, no matter what your religion or your gender is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then what happened was I messaged him one more time because at this point I fucking learned my shit, and I messaged him. I found out that I was like, he had been donating for at least six years, so I have I most likely have over fifty. We all seem to be having some medical issues, and so I messaged him going like, hey, dude, look, I understand you don't want to really like whatever that's called, Like I will sign whatever piece of payaper that says we will never name you, we will never ask you for anything. We can't ask him for anything, but like, yeah, still I will do it for his own comfort. We just need medical history. I was like, we know, and I kind of want because I wanted him to know that, like I fucking did my research, and I was like, I know, you started donating in nineteen eighty two. I am so far the youngest. So you donated at least through nineteen eighty seven. You donated all throughout medical school. And while you were like a doctor, a lot of jacket off, a lot of fucking jacket off.
Speaker 1: It's such a it's such a tender word for what's really happening.
Speaker 2: Your master making off my closet so philanthropic.
Speaker 3: And so I told him this because I wanted him to know that, like I've looked into you, dude. Yeah, And I also to to like I stalked him on Facebook, and he's kind, he's he's not like he's not the nicest. We'll just say he little bit of a little bit of a racist. So I'm like, not interested in a relationist rabbi. Yeah, not not the nicest dude. I was worn. When I did actually meet his first cousin, she was being very sweet to me and she was just like just letting you know he's he's not the nicest and she's Grace and she was just like, yeah, I've not spoken to him in like I in like years.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, he's dick. Yeah. So I was just like, Okay, good to know. That's great. That's sad.
Speaker 3: I have to now deal with that cool, which is like, all right, that sucks. But honestly, though, a lot of us in the community have to deal with that when we find out. It's heartbreaking finding out your donor, your biological parent, is a dick. Do you know how many donors are homophobic?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, like you donating, you're fucking donating sperm.
Speaker 3: Sixty percent of the revenue is from the goddamn queer community and you're fucking homophobic.
Speaker 2: That's heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: And so many donor can see people are queer as well, and that's a heartbreaking thing to find out when you find out the donor is an absolute piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried it. I tried to ask the daughter. I asked, I offered to take her out, you know, because I was like, I would love to ask.
Speaker 6: You questions about your dad. I would love to learn about like what he was like. And she was like yay, and but I but I could tell she.
Speaker 2: Wasn't like excited. I'm like, I don't want that. That's I do not want to be disrespectful to you. So I did.
Speaker 1: I stop pushing, because if I were her, I'd be like, yeah, fuck off, lady, like I don't want I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: So I get it. But she's she's very kind.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's the thing I got to and about two years later, after I found out through asking.
Speaker 1: My mom, uh is when I finally had an opinion on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the opinion was because I went to a doctor's appointment and they're like, what's your mom's medical history, what's your dad's And I was like, wait, I don't fucking know, Like I was writing diabetes cancer, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Yep, Oh that's fucked, Like that's so fucked and even you know, maybe my parents.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a thing where the clinic didn't tell the who it was, so they couldn't have gotten me that information anyway. But I'm like, that's what finally made me mad that they didn't tell me. Okay, I've been writing the wrong medical information down on these forms, Like.
Speaker 2: That's fucked up. You gotta do that full body scan.
Speaker 1: That's like three thousand dollars a little more than Kim Kardashian did.
Speaker 2: Well. But yeah, even though, but.
Speaker 3: The thing is like those things and that doesn't Unfortunately, it really doesn't help you out as much as you think it does, like when you do like those insane I mean, I I always like, as if you can afford a genetic counselor, go fucking do it great.
Speaker 2: What's a genetic coun.
Speaker 3: A genetic counselor is like someone who will, like you know, like go through your genetics, do do different panels with you and tell you like what your carrier for and everything I can give you. I can give you some names. Oh yeah, one who's great for everyone. Look up at DINA, DNA, d e n A.
Speaker 2: She did, she did.
Speaker 3: I found out I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis. We have to especially learning that we're Ashkinazi need to make sure that we don't carry the brockagene breast cancer gene.
Speaker 2: So that's a big one we got a test for.
Speaker 3: But it's the thing about genetic testing that people don't understand is we still to this day cannot test for everything that you can genetically inherit. That's just impossible that we can't do that. And these cryobanks and these clinics make it sound like, oh my god, we test for all these diseases.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: They don't test for as much as they think that you do. And then the medical history is self reported by the donor. None of the clinics and the cryobanks have to verify any of it.
Speaker 2: They lie all.
Speaker 3: Because it's eighteen year old frapp boys.
Speaker 1: It could be lying or they could just like be wrong, or like the amount of times that I've shown like show and I've been written something and my mom's like why did you write that? And I was like, well, I thought that was like the conversation that we had and she just like no, And I was like, okay, well, I.
Speaker 3: Like think about yourself at like eighteen nineteen year old, how much did you actually know about your medical history, your family's medical history.
Speaker 2: You knew jack shit.
Speaker 3: And also the amount of things you can't even be diagnosed for until like you're in your late twenties, and like when you're eighteen nineteen, your family'd be fine. Give it five years, shit starts popping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a special especially mental health, because I feel like this is kind of the first generation that we were talking about it. So I'm like, listen, I'm sure all I know is a lot of those people were crazy. I don't know about medically what type of crazy, But write that down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, a story that I think really good points to. Yeah, well let's let's talk about schizophrenia.
Speaker 2: So there's a story. You can look it up.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal did a story on it about Steven Gunner. So Steven Gunner donor conceived person. Uh, and he is from a Fairfax cryobank. So there his mom, Laura Gunner, who I love Laura Gunner. I will stand in front of a bus for I love you. Laura and her husband purchased sperm from Fairfax and at four years old, Steven started showing signs of mental illness, like there was just there was something. At four he started showing signs like there was there was definitely something up, and they were great parents. They did everything immediately. They brought him to therapists, they brought him to psychologists. They were they were like, hey, what can we do And they were like, well, what what's your child's medical history? And they showed the donor profile and they were like here you go and they're like, oh, it's completely clear. Okay, cool, Well, we'll just keep figuring this out. And it was his entire life in out of mental institutions, psychiatrists, different medications, and it was all these different things trying to figure it out, and Stephen was suffering horribly. Eventually, in his early twenties, he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and he odeed, oh baby, And this is why I love Laura more than anything in the world. Laura Gunner, in her state of mourning the loss of her son in one of the most horrific ways, was like, holy shit, I need to make sure his siblings know in case they need to know.
Speaker 2: It for their health. Oh good on her. I fucking love this woman.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so she was contacting finding them, making sure that they had that diagnosis because it can be genetic, and through that she found the donor's mother and found out the donor had odied a couple years prior. Fuck, and they found out the donor started donating at nineteen years old, now he was, and when he was fourteen years old, the donor had a and the donor at four years old, sorry, starting at four years old, was showing signs of mental illness, just like it in and out of, in and out of therapists, psychologists, different medications. At fourteen years old, the donor had a massive, massive, massive episode, threatened his father with a baseball bat, locked himself in his attic, and the attic was like an insane like almost literally cooked himself to death. Firefighters had to come rescue him, and he was instituted, and he was instituted for like, I think a month, and that that episode was not on the donor profile, that entire thing was not on there. Now, he was not diagnosed with schizophrenia til his early twenties, so he was donating before that, because again usually schizophrenia diagnosis comes in in your early two twenties.
Speaker 2: But if that information.
Speaker 3: Had been able to get to Stephen to his family, he could have gotten a diagnosis, he could have gotten health a lot sooner didn't have to be in this fucking diagnostic like they would have diagnosed too much sooner because it it was literally it was identical. It was identical to his fucking donor. And even though it didn't have the diagnosis of schizophrenia in the it wouldn't have had it still should have had the he was instituted for a month, because that would have told Stephen's doctors like, hey, there seems to be a history and serious and we're not looking at you going what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Because that's going to make anybody suffering from mental health problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes there's like overlap, you know, whether it's like multiple personality, bipolar or schizophrenia, thing that could be misdiagnosed.
Speaker 3: It takes a long time. It's so hard to diagnose these things. And now what Laura Gunner is doing is she has created the Donor Conceived Person's Protection Act, which we are currently trying to vote in in New York, which should require all clinics and criobanks in New York State to verify the medical history that a donor hands fucking in.
Speaker 2: How do we vote for that? How do we? How do we?
Speaker 3: How do we call your legislature. Call your legislature and say you want to support the donor Conceived Person's Protection Act. Shit, okay, yeah, okay, donor can see Person's Protection Act. We need that in New York State because if we can get a past to New York, we can get it past other places.
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 3: Also, if you want to, as we were talking about fertility fraud, I will be back in Washington, DC early February of this year.
Speaker 2: We are trying.
Speaker 3: So only thirteen states have passed fertility fraud legislation, only thirteen. New York is not one of them because we have a lot of the industry here. So if you are in a state that doesn't have fertility fraud legislation past, it's you, it's.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: Might be very out of luck if you, because it would take a very very special circumstance to be able to get any kind of justice. It's very very hard to get justice with fertility fraud. I'm literally talking to Donor. Can see people who are in the midst of litigation right now, and they are and like the doctor is like fully admitting it, he's getting deposition. He's saying shit, like my sperm was worthy. My sperm will live on forever. Like he's saying this shit and the lawyers are like, yeah, I don't think we're going to be able to do anything.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to be able to get him for shit. The world was built for men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you want to get fertility fraud edge now. So we're fighting for fertility fraud legislation to be passed federally, Yes, because it will criminalize it. Yeah you want, it's a very narrow you're scared. Yeah, well we have to. We got to pass the fucking legislation because like two more fertility fraud cases popped up in December, and the doctor that was caught in Washington, his name is like doctor Herdin. I can't remember his last name. Fuck, it's like h E R D O N something like that. But it was in Washington state. He's been accused of committing fertility fraud as early as two thousand and nine, so very early, and that would be the most early case that has come out. So HR four fifty one is uh the federal fertility fraud legislation. This would criminalize it, give a ten year statute of limitations. So if you find out you're a product of fertility fraud or you find out your victim of fertility fraud.
Speaker 2: You have ten years to do something.
Speaker 1: I was watching if there was like a statute of limitations or something, okay, which.
Speaker 3: Is a big reason why it's very hard to prosecute because again, usually don't find out that you're a victim of fertility fraud until forty years later.
Speaker 2: The ten year thing does that from when you find out, when you find out, oh so when you find out.
Speaker 1: So when you were conceived, you're fucking it emotionally and then yeah, yea yeah, take second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, also you want to find a pattern of behavior, so it's like it wasn't just me, it was also ten other kings. So it allows you to really put together a solid case. So the fertility fraud legislation, it's a very narrow bill. It's bipartisan. It's like already got like something forty forty five co signatories like our It's very bipartisan, and right now it's stuck in the Judiciary Committee. So what you also can do is call your local legislature and you say.
Speaker 2: I need you to support Hr. Four fifty one.
Speaker 3: And this is bipartisan, like, we've gotten both sides of the aisle. This is it, guys, We've gotten everyone to like us.
Speaker 2: Yes, it'll make us come together. This is it.
Speaker 3: It's doner conception that we all somehow agree on this is probably we got it.
Speaker 2: Basically. The only guys that don't agree on those doctors. So that's exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, it's taken a while for the industry to actually get their ass in gear and to actually support fertility fraud legislation, because up until December this past December, they were saying like, oh, of course fertility fraud is like horrible, but we don't need regulations, We don't need actual legislation because it doesn't happen anymore, so why should we do that? And yeah, I'm like you fuck pieces of shit, rapists are gonna rape, like fuck you, And it was it was so angering. I actually I have a video on it if you want to see. It's on my TikTok, It's on my Instagram where I literally show quotes from the industry on how that they've handled it. Specifically ASRM, which is the group that creates the guidelines and for the clients and cryobanks to follow. They were you can see the quotes yourself from uh Sean Tipton, who is like their fucking mouthpiece. But again, they've they've seemed to be changing their tune because I think they've realized, oh shit, eighty doctors, this is getting kind of serious. It's a little bit more than we thought popsy poop poopsy, and they're still coming out. Like there's been no slowdown of the doctors being discovered. It's maintained studies, so we know we still have more. And also like I've spoken to sibling pods who are products of fertility fraud who have just not come out because they're like, we don't want to.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's there's it's a lot more than we think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these doctors are fucking they're horrible, but so fertility fraud Legislation HR four fifty one, And if you specifically want to learn more about it, you want to really help support it, follow at Eve Wiley w i l e y. Eve Wiley is a product of fertility fraud. She's the one who spearheaded the fertility fraud legislation. She's literally like one of my favorite human beings. You can also follow Jacoba Ballard, who was like the lead in Our Father. She's obviously like her and Eve are very like lockstep with getting this done. But if you want to help with like sibling pod numbers, like making sure there's family limits, follow us DCC, the United States Donor Conceived Council. They're the ones who got the Colorado limit put in. They're actively trying to get They're trying to get more limits put in. They're trying to make more states a mandatory open ID at eighteen. They did that to Colorado. They're trying to make more of it happen. They're wonderful. They have great resources as well. They do great advocacy, great place to support because we are in terms of the United States, we have like one of the most unregulated countries in terms of a donor conception. Many other countries are much more regulated than US. So it's well, the UK has a ten family sibling limit.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. Yeah, it's much more regulated. Look at that.
Speaker 3: It can you know, it can't happen. And that's the thing that's the most frustrating is like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we can do this. It's possible.
Speaker 3: You just don't want to do it because it's a multi billion dollar industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a money man. Do you know, like a vial of sperm can run up to two thousand dollars? Dude, you're so you pay a hike? Yeah, it's it's also an exact.
Speaker 3: You pay for a subscription to the bank to just be part of like the bank. Then you pay for the vials of sperm. You pay extra money to see a photo of the donor get their full.
Speaker 2: Metal money to see a fucking photo joint, just to buy vials and throw them all. I mean, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, next year for Christmas vial sperm, I'm sure the fire My favorite.
Speaker 3: My favorite is that a vile of sperm is not a full load okay, because darn they donate a full load and then they split that into multiple sellable vials, so you guys don't need a guy.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much a guy makes to donate sperm? Usually between one hundred to one hundred and fifty per donation.
Speaker 6: That's it, I mean, it's pretty it's all for two thousand bucks. I'm like, I could just fucking make a business and get refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Well, one don't give guys porn.
Speaker 3: One donor who I spoke to who donated to Zetex. His name is Donor Dylan. You can find him very easily. He's great. He does a lot of great advocacy. So he's now up to like I think, like ninety four kids now totally he was lied to as well, and he's doing great advocacy with us. Dylan was like, at the end of it, I think he made about twenty thousand dollars. Okay, but we did the math on how my which money, like his vials were sold for so much for industry made Yeah, about a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, I was like, twenty thousand for ninety four kids doesn't seem like.
Speaker 2: A good thing, right dollar anyway? But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. And so and that's just one donor though, that's one.
Speaker 1: Women could masturbate and then put the liquid in a cup and then get paid for it.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: That's a different I think that it's only fans though, Oh, oh, different one. I'd be a millionaire in a month. This is amazing, Laura, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We have to wrap.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for dedicating I've told you this before, but I want to say it again, dedicating so much of your energy to this topic because somebody's got to fucking do it. And it seems like you are on the leading edge with a lot of other advocates that are really spending a lot of your time and your emotional resources. I can't imagine this isn't like emotionally draining for you to like continuously be broken hearted by the way that things are currently run.
Speaker 3: But you, people like you, are what's going to make a change in the world. So thank you very much, thank you. I mean, it's definitely it's not just it's just not just me. There's a massive community of advocates who are doing some fucking incredible work.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, I will say.
Speaker 3: And this is always like kind of the in my opinion, the silver lining to it. In a world filled with complicated problems that are almost impossible to really solve, this isn't it. This is easy. We can add a sibling cat like this is. We can make it. We can make donor conceptions safe and ethical for all parties involved. This is very, very doable in our lifetime.
Speaker 2: We can fix this.
Speaker 3: And as broken hearted as I get listening to some of the stories and as dark as it can get. There's also I will say, our community is fucking awesome. I'm literally tonight I'm going to the premiere of a musical written by a donor conceived person about donor conception.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And our community is going to be there, all supporting her, Aaron Maya. And we're a very tight knit community, and it's They're some of the nicest people. And I hope that we can like maybe we've you in so you can kind of ye you can, because they're they're.
Speaker 1: Really cool, awesome, really cool people. And speaking of cool people, where can we find you online? What would you like to promote?
Speaker 2: Where can we follow you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely my you can find me at Laura High five everywhere you can also if you want to go so those are like for more short form videos. If you want to go in the weeds, you got my podcast Insemination, which is all Things Stone are Conceived, and then follow me like on Instagram or my website ww dot Laura high five dot com to get my show schedule. I'll be in Washington, DC performing end of January and also mid April as well. I'll have more dates coming up in terms of shows. I'm being lazy as fuck and I haven't like updated my website on my show schedule, and I'm like kind of fucking damn it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here, Laura. This has been Guys We Fucked, the Anti Sluts Mean podcast. We'll talk to you and next Friday. Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary Create and hosted by Karen Fisher and Christie Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen.
Speaker 2: Suck my wet ass pussy. Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in there. Yeah, let's keep it. Who cares?
Speaker 4: I had then a sailing dance like Richie line.
Speaker 1: Kick pop final job as a.
Speaker 4: John Streets.
Speaker 5: Step.
Speaker 4: Jack raised to Molly, Oh yeah, HG is gone. Okay they complete Sie depends on the day, baby, Haby, don't care, You're way ah eighteen kg, It's gonna be okay. I'm dying nonsense, metically depressive. I can medicate myself and teach me Mockel lessons. Yes, Bache dreaming from the churches in the rim. Buddy, think I'm buying me from Jesus at eleven. I spoke a lot like Cavalry Dagon. I'm not allowed to drive down the streets of l A, and my friends must have been.
Speaker 5: They can't, they can't edge, and you cannot.
Speaker 1: Reasons you all around