Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's taking the stress out of your bathroom duties with a new invention, the toilet paper drone. Not only does it hold the role, it'll even fly down.
Speaker 2: And wipe for you.
Speaker 1: Just whatever you do, don't press the giant red button in the middle of the country.
Speaker 2: It's Laser Stories, their segment where we read weird.
Speaker 1: News stories around the glove, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. There's other tutor scooters. Just dump this first Laser Stories out of Toronto. Twenty eight year olds, do we? Senior answered an ad for an iPhone fifteen on Facebook marketplace and set up a meeting for the transaction, not knowing that it was all a scam.
Speaker 2: And I know I'm always so trusting too. I'm like, sure, I'll meet you in a dark parking lot and one in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for like a fraction of the price of a real iPhone.
Speaker 2: But do we meet this guy?
Speaker 1: And after exchanging pleasantries, he decided it all seemed good, so gave the con man nine hundred dollars cash. Right after that, he realized the phone didn't work. Oh went and tried to get his money back, but the thief made a run for it with the cash, and we.
Speaker 2: Were going to play sound what issue though.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cold out, so while the crook was attempting to sprint away, he slipped on some ice and the cash flew out of his hands.
Speaker 2: God really doesn't sorry, That's what it's like. We're watching looney Tunes right now.
Speaker 1: Dewey ran over to collect the money and wouldn't wouldn't you know it? The scammer got back upon his feet and assaulted him before.
Speaker 2: Running off again. Did he get his money?
Speaker 1: Though? In the end, he got back almost all of his money and was not injured. Afterwards, Dewey told the police that he learned his lesson. The next time he tries to buy a phone off the internet, he is not using Facebook Marketplace, only Craigslist, the reliable one, cause.
Speaker 2: You know what you're getting with Craigslist. Yeah, get a lot more than just a phone with interaction.
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of Guinness headquarters halfway through January. We've already got our first massive scandal. Really, the record for world's oldest dog might be totally bogus. No I say that, and I say it might be because last year Guinness certified that a dog in Portugal named Bobie was over thirty, making him the oldest dog ever to be alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty four.
Speaker 1: Years to live to thirty is that a possibility?
Speaker 2: I mean the games of fetch would just be so boring. She doesn't like fetch anyway. You don't want to do that for thirty more years ago, I do. Sadly Bobi is not around anymore.
Speaker 1: But before that happened, his owner had a vet submit documentation that Bobie was born May nineteen ninety two, meaning he.
Speaker 2: Lived for thirty one years. That means I would have had a dog from sixth grade till now. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He was a type of livestock guardian dog that usually lives twelve to fourteen years, so thirty one would be more than twice that. Yeah, and that seemed a little unbelievable. Yes, that is weird, especially when photos of Bobie emerged from nineteen ninety nine showing a dog that looked like him but with slightly different colored paws. So a council member at the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in England was intense. They were a pretty blunt when asked about it, saying, quote, not just single one of my colleagues believes Bobie was actually thirty one. Guinness put out a statement saying a formal review is underway and if Bobie's record does get nullified, it'd go back to an Australian cattle dog named Bluey. She was born in nineteen ten and lived to be twenty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: That was the year you were born, Broke. It just dawned on me, what if the guy actually believes his dog was that old because his parents like switched it out to be like twelve or ten or something when he has it dogs he's lying. No, yea, he could be. That's so smart.
Speaker 1: Don't call him a stupid idiot.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your next Lazer story. You out of food news.
Speaker 1: Y Taco Bell just announced its first ever cereal. What the heck? So? I saw this headline and immediately thought, maybe tiny little tacos and.
Speaker 2: Milk might be No, no, not anything. That's it. Well, just milk in any Mexican food. Doesn't it work for me?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that, yeah, sadly, or maybe thankfully it's not little tiny tacos it's actually a breakfast take on their cinnamon Twist dessert options.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're not traditional churls.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell fans in a handful of cities. We'll get to try it this week. They're not selling it in stores, are online, not for now. Instead, they're partnering with Uber Eats and giving away boxes for free.
Speaker 2: I'd be so nervous. I was an Uber Eats driver that I was gonna get, like, you know, held up just for those boxes. Would you give me all your Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Before you get you know, I am recording everything between now and Monday. People in New York, LA, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, and Atlanta. I can get a box of Cinnamon Twist cereal if they use Uber Eats to order Taco Bell breakfast before eleven, AM okay.
Speaker 2: So if they're in a bad place in life.
Speaker 1: For everyone else, here's the actual advice Taco Bell gave. They say, just order some normal cinnamon twists, crush them up and add milk.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sounds like they put a whole lot of work into making up this serial.
Speaker 2: Good job, Taco Bell, right, don't spend the six dollars.
Speaker 1: This next Leser story is out of TV trends. Try not to be too excited for this, but a Chucky Cheese game show is in the works where duos of big kids, you know, people over us, over the agats, we can compete in supersized arcade games.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it sounds cool.
Speaker 1: It'll include things like pinball, air hockey, ski ball, and the human claw.
Speaker 2: I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever seen that when they actually watch you in a giant thing and then they lower you down and get it.
Speaker 2: On TikTok Maybe it's in Japan that in real life, but yeah, TikTok.
Speaker 1: So the play games like that, and the pair who earns the most tickets we'll get to exchange them for prizes off a massive version of the Chuck E Cheese prize wall.
Speaker 2: So it's still pretty early on.
Speaker 1: No word yet on a network or a premiere day, but the news is it's being done by the same guys behind shows like Top Chef and Nails It.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. So it'll be done by so pretty high quality stuff.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this guy got his own show, like we know it would be some type of reality dating program.
Speaker 2: I wonder what it would be called.
Speaker 1: Maybe shoe swap, texting your idea seven nine two. We gotta get this off the ground. That's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same
Speaker 2: Time on Monday, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,