Speaker 1: Guys, this is history.
Speaker 2: What you've done.
Speaker 1: What shows you guys should do a platform that into it.
Speaker 3: Out of club.
Speaker 1: It's the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 2: Burkas, girls, d j Envy, every player by record, I've made it.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the God God, the major things that you're liking of controversial questions with taking cluck.
Speaker 1: I like this show, expect this club. This is my favorite show. Wake that ass up, Brest. This club is an all right, goddamn it's Friday, Yes it is. Here's Friday. Good morning, Usa, yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo. Charlamagne, the guy, Hesto the plane in this Friday. Hey, it's Friday, the week and it's here. Hey here, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: How y'all feel out there? I'm blessed, black and highly favored. What's going on?
Speaker 1: And I am great? Another day to serve? That is correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, talk to the best listeners on the plan. Yes, okay, we get the privilege and honor doing that every day. I was telling somebody the other day, I was I was doing a conversation with somebody interview somewhere, and I was saying, how the beauty of radio that you get to wake up every day and talk to working class people. We all working class people. We can break up in the morning and we're up, you know, and we're at it. Okay, it's just us green tea coffee, some people smoking weed, but we're up together, right, Okay. It's a special type of people that be up this time of morning.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Whether you're up doing nothing. You might be playing Xbox PlayStation right now. You might be on your way to work, you're at work, on the way to getting ready for school, whatever it is, you're up and.
Speaker 6: Weah together, yes, yes, and good morning to you. It's so funny how we become our parents, right. You know, when we were kids and you leave the lights on, or you have to heat up too high or something small, lead the refrigerator open, whatever it may be, and my parents used to yell at me like, yay, it's too hot in this house. Well, you know, turn this down, turn the lights off, and now do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I thought you was talking about something else. I feel like that when it comes to smells, like you ever be in the bathroom and you be like, damn, I smell like my parents used to smell.
Speaker 1: I'd be doing that all the time. I'd be like, that smell like my parents used.
Speaker 2: You're not used to walk in your parents bathroom back in the day and to have to stint or something.
Speaker 1: And you be like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: And then you grow up, you get older, and you be like, Oh, that's what adult thing smells like. That's what's what a don't thing smells like. I guess I'll be yelling at my kids, will say, hey, hey, you go open up that water.
Speaker 6: You gotta finish that water. Not just gonna leave half water. Drink that water. No complaining about stuff like the lights that are literally.
Speaker 2: My daughter hit me about something yesterday because she, uh, she turned sixteen this year and she's already got hurt sweet sixteen in her mind. And she asked me something about her sweet sixteen, which isn't til the summertime, by the way, And I said, you got such and such money she asked me about.
Speaker 1: I said, you got such and such money. I do that too. I do that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but guess what, it's better than the alternative. I am happy to be, you know, growing older and being here to be able.
Speaker 1: To raise my family.
Speaker 6: Absolutely it be a husband, my wife absolutely. All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. Erica Alexander will be joining on.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite people on this planet. One of the most brilliant people you could ever meet. I don't care whether she's on camera or behind the scenes, just one of the best out here doing it. She's in the new movie American Fiction, which is a film out right now. It's getting a lot of Oscar buzz. But you know, Erica, we did a podcast called The Big Payback, which is a reparations podcast that's a documentary.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: She also did Finding Tamika with myself and Kevin Hart's company SBH Productions on Audible. We won so many awards for that because of the brilliant Eric Alexander.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure to talk to her and she'll be hit a small thing alright.
Speaker 6: And then we got front page news when we come back, So don't go anywhere as to breakfast club. Go morning, y'all, look crazy morning. Everybody bet on the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: All right, Tesla figure out said good on the test.
Speaker 8: Good morning, DJ Andy, Good morning, Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 1: Now I want to start off with sports. Now NFL.
Speaker 6: Of course, the playoffs start tomorrow four thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the time. Playoffs resume tomorrow, Yeah, resume tomorrow. It's the division around. Last week was the wildcard wild Card NFL Division Round. Okay, I'm looking at the time.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 6: The Texas Texas played the Ravens tomorrow at four thirty. The Packers played the forty nine is at eight fifteen. And on Sunday, the Buccaneers picked the Lions at three o'clock, and the Chiefs play the Bills at six thirty.
Speaker 1: Man. The Giants take on the Cowboys at twelve midnight. We'll tell you something, I don't care. You don't care. I mean, I'm gonna be watching, but watch.
Speaker 2: This is the best part of the NFL season when your team isn't playing because you have no emotional connection to nothing, so you're just sitting back and joining the entertainment of it.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Now, let's start off with this Baltimore High School. Le's going on with this Baltimore High School.
Speaker 3: Well, we talked about it.
Speaker 8: We talked about how AI was going to cause all types of problems. We've been talking about that all last year. We actually talked about it this week. Well, guess what it is already starting Baltimore County Public Schools is a investigating eleaked audio recording of a high school principle going on a racist rent, which he claims is fake and made by artificial intelligence. Now, the recording was posted on Instagram allegedly capturing this principle by the name of Eric Eysworth, making racially charged comments.
Speaker 3: Take a listen, I'm.
Speaker 10: The principal here of me and only me, you know, I seriously don't understand why I have to constantly put up with these here every day. Jeez, between these ungrateful black kids who can't test their way out of a paper bag, or these teachers who don't get it, how hard is it to get these students to meet their grade level expectations? Lawrence and Revenuel should have never been hired.
Speaker 1: And don't let me get started on DJ.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna drag his blacks out of here one way or another. I'm gonna get something to stick. I'm just so sick of the inadequacies of these people, and if I have to get one more complaint from one more Jew in this community.
Speaker 1: I'm going to join the other side.
Speaker 10: Kathy, I'm done.
Speaker 1: I don't think AI is that good yet, but I don't know it's advant it is. But who is he allegedly talking to? Who is he speaking to? Do we know?
Speaker 8: The person's name was Kathy, who they say is the assistant principle and has said the Union has said that this is not true.
Speaker 3: AI is actually pretty good. They did a whole story on it.
Speaker 8: I saw on CNN on the voices and changing people's name voice and they show where people are calling in to their parents and their parents didn't even recognize, you know, who they were. So it's actually pretty good depending on the technology. But they said this was not true, that it was AI, and they'll be doing an investigation. And then also another story that has been put out on the internet was they said President Biden was caught on a hot mic talking about immigration and how he's going to attack Texas, and this is another AI claim. The audio is muffled, so I want to read it to you, but I am going to play the audio. It says we're going to make these cowboys don't stop the search of military age men from Entering that was talking about immigration. If we had to send F fifteen's to Texas there in wage war on Texas, so be it.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that audio going to.
Speaker 11: Make sure of those cowboys going to struct military age man from n If we have to send F fifteens to textus year and range more against Texas.
Speaker 1: Shall be well.
Speaker 2: Welcome to twenty twenty four. I told y'all last year that you know, the lines between reality and what's fake, we're already blurred, but stuff like artificial intelligence was going to obliterate those lines all together.
Speaker 1: I did a whole donkey of today on this last year.
Speaker 2: We knew that this was coming, so get ready to spend all this year trying to figure out what's true and what's not true. And that's why even when Peter and Morgan was here yesterday, we was having a conversation about, you know, world leaders being on social media. I don't think no world leaders should be on social media because the room for era is too too, too small. Like what if you know that that clip right there was generated from social media and people said it came from his actual account for President Biden's actual account.
Speaker 6: What the problem is, like you said, is AI that advanced? Yes, I mean it's to the point and people should look at it so they understand what it really is like. You can get on it and say anything from send me a voice with Charlamagne saying I love DJ ANDB so much, and it will make that.
Speaker 1: It will generate it.
Speaker 6: You can say, you know, make me a flyer of me on the front page of the daily News, and it'll make that.
Speaker 1: Like it is.
Speaker 6: It is ill of how it could be generated. And it's not like it's super duper costly. A lot of this stuff is fre.
Speaker 1: Very scary.
Speaker 8: Just and some addition, information they clip with President Biden that was shared numerous times. Even some folks with some credibit that do not like President Biden said this is clearly AI. Biden does enough terrible things. There's no need to make things up.
Speaker 2: So well, tell me how, tell me how y'all know is AI. I'm glad that you know people can make that distinction. The other thing about it is there's gonna be people out there that's gonna know some of these things are AI. But if you already are trying to create a narrative about a person and push your narrative about a person. You're still gonna put that false phone call or false audio out there just to try to prove your point on social media. And I'm so afraid that some from orson wells war the world's type stuff is going to happen because it's some fake audio or because of a fake tweet that comes from a world leader. Like what if you hear one of these world leaders say they just sent the nuke off while somebody creates the story that a nuclear weapon is on the way to such and such country.
Speaker 1: By the time these folks figure it out, it might be too late.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we don't know what it is, you know, folks all of a sudden, you know, they're gonna start becoming AI experts.
Speaker 3: You know, like we talked about the other day.
Speaker 8: Some people say that's the way the words are pronouncing certain words or me, yeah, the first one we played the rapid pace and you know, so people don't know, they don't know what it is. But I do want to do y'all think the first racist rant, you think that was true or not?
Speaker 1: AI?
Speaker 3: What's your boat?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. And then honestly, that's that's another thing.
Speaker 2: That's gonna gonna cause a lot of problems, just people speculating.
Speaker 6: I really don't know. I don't know if it's true or not. I don't know, I don't know if it's sure or not. But like when you hear things like him doing that with thirty forty five second rant and he's talking to somebody and you don't hear or yeah or something, you don't.
Speaker 1: Hear nobody else's voice, you just never know, Like you just never know.
Speaker 2: That's not true though, because there's plenty of range with somebody just going off, you don't hear nobody else.
Speaker 6: Boys, But if you're talking to somebody and then I can say uh huh or respond.
Speaker 1: Not if I'm ratting. If I'm ratting, you listen, all right? Well, yeah, like you said, there's gonna be no way of actually telling.
Speaker 6: And you can't even put it into software because the software can't tell you. And that is the Breakfast Club front page News. Now what are we talking next hour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if some good news.
Speaker 8: If you've worked in the public sector, you have student dad, the Biden administration has some good news that may apply to you.
Speaker 3: So tap in and find out what it is.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Want to do.
Speaker 4: Is if your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad.
Speaker 1: Or bleat, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 4: Call up now eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 7: Who's this Kenny?
Speaker 1: Hey, Kenny, good morning, get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: That's up man.
Speaker 1: I just want to say good morning. Gods.
Speaker 12: I love you guys, and they want to mention that I'm like, he was fan too, So I want to say.
Speaker 7: Start to the Giants, fan into the Cowboys things. I call the name to go start the end.
Speaker 1: It happens. I'm not even tripping. We're going to the super Bowl next year. Oh boy, that's it.
Speaker 7: They containing over.
Speaker 12: No, keep saying, oh no, that's it.
Speaker 1: One days gonna happen.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 13: I love you guys.
Speaker 7: Keep doing Yes.
Speaker 1: Hello, Who's this is DJ lird Jill from Newburg, New York. What's up, brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: I wanted to talk about that AI software stuff with the rents. My wife, she used to go to school and when she used to write her papers, they used to put her paper into a software to contect that if it's AI or not.
Speaker 14: That first rent.
Speaker 15: I believe that.
Speaker 7: I believe the first rent was was real. I think the biting D was.
Speaker 1: Kind of fake.
Speaker 6: Well, the only problem with that is is, you know, I got I got kids in college. The thing with that is my daughter wrote a paper when she was in high school before AI really exists it and she put that paper into the AI generated software to see if it was, you know, if it was created by chat GPT, and it said that it was eighty eight percent a chance that it was, which is it can't be because it wasn't even created back then, you see what I'm saying. So you still got to be careful with some of that as well, because it just picks up certain words and certain slangs, so you really don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: And but think about this, right right, Think about how much time we just spent debating whether or not something is real are fake?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Who got time to do that all twenty twenty four, not just twenty twenty four for the rest of our existence here on this planet? Like like like like what if a world leader, what if we see something on social media and a world leader saying he just sent off a nuclear bomb or you just see somebody correct, I'm about to send a nuclear bomb, or I'm about to go to war. By the time folks realize it's fake, it might be too late.
Speaker 1: That's that's true.
Speaker 7: It might be right right, Charlie made Thank you for putting off for new birk. Man, you know what shout out to break gonna be appreciate.
Speaker 6: Five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Breath Club?
Speaker 7: That's your boy dingo.
Speaker 1: They didn't go with something. Get up your chest, brother.
Speaker 7: Hey man, it's been a minute y'all. Happy New Year to y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh, y'all have been good and been face happy new ideoto Maybe not?
Speaker 7: Hey, I appreciate y'all, appreciate.
Speaker 1: Y'all, right, brother, what's up?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: So this year I've been going on a stealth care tour, so really just been focusing on me going They will make me happy.
Speaker 1: Because I haven't been doing that, Okay.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say that that's okay for y'all to what's good for you. This year should be all about self care and I just wanted to promote that. And also I just got a new ge and I didn't know nothing about jup culture. I got the ring with it. Its real nice.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 7: And somebody left a rubber dust on my hood when I was outside.
Speaker 1: The store, right nothing.
Speaker 7: I was freaked out. I thought it was a calling card, you know how people be traffic to people and be putting signals and stuff on there.
Speaker 1: Yep, I think I thought it was something like that.
Speaker 2: Now somebody was flirting, you know, Burton or any rubber ducky was a guy I wanted to get in tub with you.
Speaker 17: That's funny, man, I end up what it was, but I do and look it up, and apparently that's a big thing with jeeps, like the jeep culture. If they like your jeep, they'll put a rubber ducky on the hood and then you just basically put it in your.
Speaker 7: Dash forard to kind of like the way the collect them. So I thought that was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way in hell I'm doing that because if I do that, there might be a tracking device on that rubber ducky ain't no telling.
Speaker 3: That's what I was.
Speaker 7: Thinking, man, But yeah, I think it's flood, But I thought I wanted to get off my chest acid y'all letting me do, which is y'all much success in the new year. And I know y'all ring and ringing with the new co hosts. Man, everybody's been going crazy, so that's luck. Gonna get to y'all on that one. Everybody call it y'all out there posts like hey, I'm saying I.
Speaker 6: Haven't seen it. Yeah, but yeah, come. But back to your jeep culture. I mean, it's so many people with jeeps, and man, they do ride on. There's there's there's women with jeeves, there's brothers with jeeves. It's a huge population and they always support the car show. So salute to all the jeep coating people out there. Appreciate you guys there.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it, man, Thank you guys, and I'll be safe by here. I have a good one. Yeah later. Hello, Heldo on real quazy, Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Get off your chest?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Hold On?
Speaker 10: Say you.
Speaker 1: Take us on bluetooth. You got some bluetooth take it off, yes, sir, Yeah, we get you all right? Cool?
Speaker 12: Yeah yo, So yeah, I believe that that Excuse me, I've believe that that Ai. Uh that that that that principle, that principle that got caught saying that all uh he was he was saying just all that racist stuff. It just sounds old.
Speaker 1: You think that's Ai? What you think that's Ai?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's Ai. If you listen closely, Joe, listen, listen, there is like a monotone to it, and he's just over blatantly. I know people is racist like that, but he's like an over blatant It's like an over blatant kind of racism. What I'm saying that, And then he started talking about the Jew.
Speaker 19: The way he was talking about the.
Speaker 12: Jew, It's just it just sounds fake.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, I don't know.
Speaker 7: The reason why I'm only reason.
Speaker 12: Why I'm saying that is because I'm actually one of those people that age watch him, like like how Charlotte said, like I am, I am double looking and double h listening to all that kind of things because it's pretty popular right.
Speaker 2: Now, man, y'all gonna make me replay my Donkey of the Day about AI from last year this morning.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Y'all really gonna make me replay it because I don't like, like, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: That young man who just called was right. I don't know if that young man was wrong.
Speaker 2: I just know that we're gonna spend a lot of time doing this all through twenty twenty four, and that's gonna be very, very scary because, like I said in that Donkey of the Day, imagine you're riding into work and somebody plays something to you from one of your co hosts, and your co host talking crazy about you. You about to see this person in four or five minutes by the time you walk in the building and confront this person, and this person trying to tell you it wasn't you now what right? I'm telling you, man, your wife, our girlfriend on the phone, you hear him talking about how they just slept with your brother a bed friend. You don't know, Like I'm telling you, this thing is gonna cause so much problems.
Speaker 6: Man, And there's no way to find out if it's true or not. That's the scary thing, man.
Speaker 1: None I'm telling you it's gonna be terrible.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up.
Speaker 1: Now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's stevej NV Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 1: Let's talk pop star Madonna through Mahasset gossip. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spills.
Speaker 6: Right right now, Madonna and Live Nation are being sued because she was late to her show. Now, two people listening on the people's name is Michael and Jonathan. They paid two hundred and ninety two dollars for a ticket and one hundred and fifty five dollars for a ticket, and they said that she was late and because she was late, it was hard for them to get a ride home.
Speaker 1: They had work the next day. Let's listen to the report.
Speaker 20: Two men actually bought tickets for her December thirteenth Celebration tour at Barkley Center. Will fans cherished those tickets that the show would start at a thirty PM, but it was no holiday. Madonna didn't take the stage until Borderline eleven pm. Now expressing themselves saying there was limited ride sharing available because the concert didn't end until after one am, they were forced to pay for private transportation, and like a prayer, the lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages. Does this argument on behalf of these two men I have any legal standing here.
Speaker 5: What they're alleging, essentially is that was a false and deceptive trade act.
Speaker 21: They were sold a concert that had they known it was.
Speaker 3: Going to be two hours late, they may not have still bought the ticket.
Speaker 5: And under New York law, this is considered a deceptive trade practice if they relied on the messaging, and that it can be shown that they were damaged by relying on it and it did not happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you just gave anybody who's ever been to a Lauren Hill concert or bright idea that's right, ready or not? Lawsuits come. But here's the difference. Folks know Lauren Hill gonna be late, So that's not deceptive at all. Okay, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. When you buy a ticket, you look for specific We even knowing Lauryn Hill going to be late that he shows all for years. If you buy these tickets, if it's say seven, you already know it ain't gonna have start till ten thirty.
Speaker 6: I thought, on the ticket, when you purchased a ticket from these sites, I thought, it says if the person is laid off, there's a postponement or a cancelation that you can't sue. I thought, But I do think it's fed up. If you buy a ticket and the show's supposed to start at eight thirty, you get a babysitter, you know you have worked the next morning, and then it doesn't start to three four hours later.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's an easy lawsuit that'll get dismissed simply because we don't know why Madonna was late, right, We don't know what Madonna could have been potentially going through.
Speaker 1: You know, it could have been a family emerging. But they say they're sick. We don't know what it's sound issue. They said they believe it was sound is show. I don't go see.
Speaker 6: I don't have nothing to do with that, right, But somebody's gonna get suit because it's supposed to be done before him.
Speaker 1: This is what was supposed to be prepared.
Speaker 2: Sue Live Nation. That's what they got insurance for. But I still don't. I don't, I don't know. I mean, there's been plenty of things that you know, plenty of concerts or events that we've been to that didn't start on time. And what constitute on time? What if it was twenty minutes late? What if it was an hour late, what if it was two hours late? Like, you know, we don't know what constitutess being late. But if it's just twenty minutes late, and I sue for that, you know, I don't know, it's a bad precedent.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Also, we've got to tell you, no, president ain't gonna be set. They ain't about to set that.
Speaker 6: We'll see though, all right now, Taraji p Henson, she talks about the color purple, and it's kind of upset that people are talking more about what she said, her comments about being underpaid than the actual movie.
Speaker 22: And I heard on the street, Taraji, you have the audacity to just say you're thinking about getting stopping acting.
Speaker 3: We said, stop talking, Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 23: I'm just tired of working so hard, being gracious at what I do, getting paid a fraction of the cost I'm tired of hearing my sisters say the same thing.
Speaker 21: Over and over.
Speaker 23: I hear people go, you work a lot, will have to the math ain't mathing.
Speaker 21: And when you start working.
Speaker 23: A lot, you know you have a team. We don't do this alone. The fact that we're up as a whole, entire team behind us. They have to get paid. It seems every time I do something and I break another glass ceiling when it's time to renegotiate, I'm at the bottom again, like I never did what I just did, and I'm just tired.
Speaker 21: I'm tired.
Speaker 8: And if I can't fight for them coming up behind me, and then you're not doing I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well lad, of course.
Speaker 6: But people are have been talking about the last week or so, last couple of weeks actually, and not necessarily talking about the film The Color Purple.
Speaker 2: That is interesting that she feels like that, because I have heard people say they weren't going to see The Color Purple because those folks didn't pay Taraji.
Speaker 1: I don't know who those folks are, but they say.
Speaker 2: Those folks didn't pay to Roji, and I remember thinking to myself, but that kind of defeats the purpose, because you want the movie to be successful so you can continue to see movies with these you know, diverse casts, you know these black casts, you know, these women led casts, because if they don't do well at the box office, you won't see them.
Speaker 1: That's right in Thetis and that's exactly what she said.
Speaker 6: I hope they can focus back into this film because right now, to me, it feels like what I said is now becoming louder than this beautiful film.
Speaker 1: Why does she get back in?
Speaker 2: Because she get back and then you know, if you want to support the rojer, you definitely go see the film.
Speaker 6: Correct, I don't know now. Also, Kick Cutty talks about his friendship with Kanye. Allegedly, kik Cutty and Kanye stopped speaking because kick Cutty had a cool friendship with Pete Davison, one of his closest friends, and me and Pete. Kanye didn't like it because at the time Kanye Kim Kardashian was dating p Davis.
Speaker 1: And so Kit Cutty came back. He is out here slipping with a white boy with a penis, and you won't help me. You want to explain. Oh no, I've told that story before. That's what Kanye said. To me once.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Kid Cutty says that Kanye called him and apologized.
Speaker 24: People don't even know that that Kanye paid for the first Day and Night video when I didn't have a deal. This was like, he needs a video, so I'm gonna pay for it.
Speaker 1: Didn't know me was sure just doing a favor.
Speaker 24: It's like I had this moment to kind of think about the past and the journey that I've had with this person. There is a there is a good man there because I've seen it. You don't give up on people, you know, you know we grow.
Speaker 1: I pray for him.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 24: The reason why we became cool again is because he apologized to me.
Speaker 1: And it was sincere.
Speaker 24: I was said, Wow, Kanye does not apologize to anybody, sorry to anyone. That's my brother, man, I know, I know he loves me, and there's just nothing like Kanye and Cutty.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they were able to work it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what Cuddy said, It's true, like if I love you, I'm gonna always love you, but I'm not gonna let my love for you allow you to bring me down. Correct and also too, man, just because somebody does good things for you doesn't mean they are good for you.
Speaker 1: I don't like when people do that.
Speaker 2: Just because a person is done, you know, some good things for you doesn't give them the right to constantly do you dirty and.
Speaker 1: Talk to you any old kind of way.
Speaker 2: Fact, And sometimes you have to put distance between you and a person and tell they get it together. And you know, I'm glad that you know Kanye apologized to Cutty. But always remember people, the best apology is always changed behavior.
Speaker 1: That's right, period, and you know what it is.
Speaker 6: You always ask that question, is there expiration date to when something somebody does something for you? Because if somebody does something for you, a lot of times people will hold that over your head for long periods.
Speaker 1: Of time and you can tell it wasn't from the heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine, you know, you see that a lot of times in you know, domestic violence situations. Right, you see a woman getting beat on, but you know the person that they're with provides for them, right right, like provides for them, you know, money, lavish lifestyle, whatever it is. Just because they provide that lavish lifestyle for you don't mean nothing that's the right put on you.
Speaker 1: So you know, like I always say, the best apology has changed behavior.
Speaker 2: And you know, we talked yesterday about Kanye was having a forty minute apology supposedly coming out allegedly. Well, I hope that, you know, he just doesn't apologize to the Jewish community. I hope he apologizes to the family of George Floyd. I hope he apologizes for trolling black people with the White Lives Matter t shirts. I hope he apologizes for insulting our ancestors, like Harriet tell me, But what's gonna be interesting to see about Kanye? If you apologize for all these things, you know, will you be able to articulate.
Speaker 1: What made you apologize? Like what changed your mind?
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's gonna be apologizing for yet, but whatever it is, if it is some you know, for some of the rhetoric he said, what made him change his mind? Because personally, I believe he's just doing this because he's got an album coming out and he's trying to sell those design and panty hosts and those you know, uh, those those design of stockings. Correct, But once again, the best apology has changed behavior.
Speaker 6: You're right, Yeah, you're right, because because you want to see why you change, Like if you feel differently or what you said? Why do you feel the change your mind? What conversations did you have? Or is it just because I want to sell those stockings sexy man stockings. Stockings gonna look crazy in the summer time.
Speaker 2: If I see y'all dudes out here with gene shorts and then black yeezy stockings, that's gonna be insane.
Speaker 1: I'm getting you a pair for your birthday. I promise you.
Speaker 2: I can see you guys out here right now with some geen shorts on and some blacks and black easy stockings, and you're gonna be upset because men's gonna be walking up behind you, pinching you on the butt.
Speaker 1: You know, it's gonna wonder why the bigger your feet? The bit that's stupid, the stupid it's gonna look, imagin.
Speaker 2: They come right through your thigh. Oh my God's thirteen with it. That's gonnak crazy. Y'all gonna look stank. Y'all gonna be out here the easy stockings.
Speaker 1: You hear me? All right?
Speaker 6: Well, that is your rumor report. When we come back. We got front page news and they're gonna smell when you take them. Shut up, Dad, is the Breakfast Club. Board it Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is tj NV Charlemagne the God we are to breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's getting some front page news with up tears.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Happy Friday? DJMB Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 6: He said, now this week and we got the playoff in sports, of course NFL, the texass take on the Ravens, the Packets take on the forty nine. It's the Chiefs take on the Bills, and the Lines take on the Buccaneers. Now let's start with the White House. They canceling five billion in student debt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this story broke this morning at about five am. So good news for some folks that they're getting their debt canceled and a new wave of student loan forgiveness. Of Biden administration is canceling five billion in debt for about seventy four thousand people, many of whom have worked in the public sector jobs for more than a decade, and President Biden said that forty four thousand of Friday's approved loans were having their education debt white clean after ten years of public service jobs. So those include teachers, nurses, and firefighters. So it is limited, you know, to public sector jobs. But he said in the statement that nearly thirty thousand have towards their repayment for the last twenty years but never got any relief that they earned through the income driven repayment plans. Now, this is the latest round of loan forgiveness after the Supreme Court shut down struck down the White House a student loan debt plan last year. Since the rule in the White House has launched a series of smaller relief programs, and in the statement released today by Biden, he said, in the wake of the Supreme Court decision, we are continuing to pursue an alternative path to deliver student debt relief to as many borrows as possible. So this new cancelation brings the total people who have had debt counseled under the Biden administration three point seven million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is one of the things I cite as one of Biden's accomplishments, you know what I'm saying, like the fact that he has canceled a lot of student debt student debt loan, But they need to also know how to message that the people and let people know that this is something that they've done. And they also got to remember that there are a lot of people who didn't go to college, who didn't have student loan debt. So when you say this as an accomplishment, it definitely is. But if I did go to school and I don't have anything, you know, loan debt.
Speaker 8: I don't care, right, And it's also important, you know, this is where people just get stuff confused. It's important that to say this is an accomplishment and also still push for more.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 8: You know people think it has to be one thing or another. Oh, you're not talking about the accomplishment. No, we're talking about the accomplishment.
Speaker 3: But the whole thing.
Speaker 8: The reason why this happened is from what people advocating, people pushing what I call push the line politics until something happens. So it is okay for us to say, hey, there's still other folks that need their debt canceled.
Speaker 3: We still want more.
Speaker 8: And to your point, what about the people that didn't go to college. So all of those things need to be People need to understand more than one thing can be done at one time, and again acknowledging them, I just want to give some additional information they did take out a clear someome debt for folks who made less than twelve thousand dollars, so that was good. They're also in December they approved four point eight billion in student on debt cancelation for about eighty thousand borrows. So absolutely this is an accomplishment, but there are still folks like me that, oh, well, into the almost six figures a student loan debt, that still half the debt. Now I'm not complaining, I'm making the payments no problem, but at the end of the day, there's still a lot of folks who are left out of this. And you're right, Charlamade, the messaging needs to be clear. But also folks stop saying that nobody's wanting to you know, we shouldn't ask for more just because we got a little.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point of politics, to continue to keep asking.
Speaker 6: Now it has to be I think they have to create some type of method of doing it right, because, like you said, you owe six figures in school loans and it didn't affect you any which way. So for this it's great for people, but you're like, then what happened to me? And I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that owe a lot of money that's barely surviving because they got to pay for any may every month. So they got to figure out a method to how they're doing it, you know what I mean, where everybody can be happy. But like Charlotmage said, he didn't go to college, so he didn't have student loans, you know what I mean. So it's a way of thinking about it. I know how it affected me when I first graduated and I had to pay my loans. And then when I got married. You know, the loans come together. You got to pay yours and your wives or whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my wife the debt.
Speaker 2: By the grace of God, I've been in a position to you know, we put ourselves in positions to be able to, you know, take care of that. But yeah, I mean, this is a major accomplishment for people who it's as much as as the people who are impacted by this are.
Speaker 1: So I understand, correct, And and you said something to us that's very true.
Speaker 2: We insult the intelligence of black people all the time when we believe that we can't critique disadministration, when we believe that we can't critique Democrats and also vote our best interests, like like why why why they think we can't walk in through gum at the same time I see everybody else do it. But when it comes to us, we get real plantation politics. When it comes to Democrats, don't you say nothing, but Master Master he good to us. Don't you critique Master Biden? Master Biden make sure we get invites to the Christmas party? Don't you he let us take pictures by the tree with him and with him and Master Jail. Don't you talk about Master Biden? But don't say that, becau We're gonna AI generate that and say that was a hot MinC nothing, that's charlamagine.
Speaker 6: But the problem with that is is that's why people never really discuss politics, because they can't have a conversation without somebody saying what you just said, or they can't have a real conversation and ask the questions because it seems like you're going to get somebody. But no, you should be able to have you should be able to ask those questions. Right, these politicians supposed to be working for us, And if we can't ask those questions, what's the point of even having these discussions?
Speaker 1: Hey, I give credit, I give credit when credit is due.
Speaker 2: Whether you're a Democrat or Republican, if you do something that I see directly impacting people, if you do something that I like, I'm gonna give you credit. If you're a Democrat or Republican and you are doing something that I think is detrimental, if you're doing something that I don't like, I'm gonna give you credit for that too.
Speaker 1: It's really that simple.
Speaker 8: What I One thing that bothers me about this conversation is the class war that's happening, you know, and I don't want to say what you know, what I'm saying. It's like the people among you know, the comments or people saying, well, you know, I got my degree.
Speaker 3: It worked for me, Sorry, didn't work for you.
Speaker 1: Say those elitis boot leader, they're to say.
Speaker 3: It the elitist. The elitist.
Speaker 8: I will say, say, well, you should have took yourself and you should have took your as to college and it helps me, and blah blah blah blah. And then you have other folks on the other side who are saying, well, college is a scam, you should have never went.
Speaker 3: Look at the debt.
Speaker 8: And then it becomes this thing where now where it's trying to say who is better than who, and who's not better than who and who, And the bottom line is I'm saying, with two multiple degrees, going with my third degree, I have debt. And if I had to if I want on income deferment forever, you know, which allows me to have a lower payment or not have a payment at all, I would not have.
Speaker 3: Been able to afford this. So I would appreciate if I got student debt.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, I'm not forgetting about those who still need other programs and other things to bring them alost.
Speaker 3: So I don't like the class wards Charlemagne. I really don't.
Speaker 8: And it's unfortunate because it's it really is separating the elite versus you know, folks who decided not to go to college.
Speaker 3: And that's that's said.
Speaker 2: I love when they say I'm not qualified to speak on politics. I pay millions of dollars you know, in taxis every year, so I'm overqualified. And as the good system need to turn and says, you know, you don't have to do politics for politics going to do you?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: And guess what a lot of Times man, they are misinformed on how people feel. All of these academics and political pundits and political experts, they haven't talked to an everyday working class person and forever, and if you talk to everyday working class people, then you'll know what every day working class people are actually concerned about. They're so disconnected from the people because they're too They're too connected to the party. You're too connected to the administration. You're too connected to worrying about access to the Christmas party. So you can take a pictures with massive body, massive jail and just standing there with your tea just to grinning and skin. I feegre But I ain't mad at you because that food might be good there. I don't know how the biscus teeth at that Christmas party because I don't go when I get invited. All right, when you went to Thestal party, what they told you about me?
Speaker 6: When you went to the Christmas party, Miss Charlamne is not going, he said, he don't I want to be in there.
Speaker 1: What did they say?
Speaker 6: But they just say't my type of crisis, they said, Charlamage say for Crawd. See the thing with the Christmas party right in Charlamagne is right. There's a long line of people waiting to take pictures.
Speaker 2: I mean the line of math by right, the architect of the eighty six mandatory minimum and eighty eight crack logs in the ninety four crime Bill. I'll just up there skinning the granted to take a picture.
Speaker 1: What you met. And the sad thing about the Christmas party is is I mean me and my wife got invited. We went. This was actually my first time in the White House. Went on line. No, this was actually my first time in the White House.
Speaker 6: So it's you know, you want to see it because I've never seen it before, but then you realize when you get there, it's it's not your typical White House dinner.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: I thought this was the White House dinner where you see Whole, you see Steve Harvey, you see Elon Musk. That's what I thought I was invited to.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: And it wasn't even the President wasn't even walking around. It wasn't that type of thing. They had him in the room where you know, he was standing there.
Speaker 1: Everybody getting a long line. An it was a long time.
Speaker 8: And for the record, I've I've been around several several policies have been at the White House, and I'm like Charlelamane, I refuse to take a picture.
Speaker 3: I mean one time they staid, I'm getting a picture.
Speaker 16: I know.
Speaker 8: I'm cool because I don't want no confusion about you know, me being able to say anything about the administration.
Speaker 3: But it's not about a damn picture. It's not about a photo op.
Speaker 2: It a lot and that's why the front line of defense for Democrats a lot of time is black media personalities because these folks just simply want access.
Speaker 1: They do not want to lose their access and and and.
Speaker 3: Access to what though, Like what are they getting access to?
Speaker 2: Party in that picture of Mathive Biden? You that picture with Mathew Biden. Okay, all right, that's front page news.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: All right, now, Shore you follow Teslim figure on all social media platforms that Tesling figure out and subscribe to the Straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the blackfac Guy, our radio podcast network.
Speaker 6: Now, when we come back, Erika Alexander will be joining us. She has a new flick American Fiction, and we're going to talk to her next and don't move. It's to Breakfast Club going the Breakfast Club. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building and friends of the room.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, you have Erica Alex in the back. Welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 21: Y'all in your king chairs, it's fabulous.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have king chairs there too. Shortly.
Speaker 21: It's gonna spend though, because this is really not okay.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 21: Heavy is the head that wears the crack.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 21: I'm doing well. I'm well and highly blessed and highly favored.
Speaker 1: I love to hear. Thank you.
Speaker 21: These are n Ray locks, the great Denver Hair Bay. She created these.
Speaker 16: You've actually seen these when I played Max. They were in black, they were yard. It's just done the color, yeah, because the more it wears, the more it looks Matt like real locks.
Speaker 21: So it was a costume.
Speaker 1: I did not know that it was, as I thought that was your real head a whole time.
Speaker 2: No, it was it.
Speaker 16: It was a hairstyle that i'd gotten right before I had gotten the audition, and I came in with that look and it just worked for the character and it became sort of synonymous with it. And then I've rocked with her for now thirty years and she's innovated on it. These are the nray lots.
Speaker 1: The executives fight you then like you can't you can't wait dreadlocks on TV.
Speaker 16: Well, you know they didn't fight me because they had already fought the Bowser about the entire character. They had asked her to get rid of it. They didn't want Max, and she said no, if you get rid of Max, you get rid of me, because I'm identify most with her because I wanted to be a lawyer. She went to Stanford, so she said, okay, I'll put her across the street.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they want the cat? They felt like the cat's too big already or too strong?
Speaker 21: Wow, too black? Too strong, wow, too strong. They said, the character's too strong. Rid of it?
Speaker 16: She said no, why am I doing the show then? And so that was a compromise. So that's why you always saw her coming across the street. She was supposed to live in the apartment with the girls.
Speaker 1: But wow, the Holly would have gone off for a long time.
Speaker 21: Long time. Somebody needs to write a book. Oh they have no.
Speaker 6: I thought about you the other day when Taraji was talking about speaking about against work conditions and getting paid your worth. Yeah, and when you were here, I'm not for shows to the first time, a second time, a third time. You were comparing other shows and saying that these other shows are getting so much more money, but the ratings were pretty similar.
Speaker 1: So when you've seen that, what was your.
Speaker 16: Thought, Well, I hate to think about it because my systemic paradigm a template that's placed upon us, and it acts upon you whether you know it or not. People try to equate it with the contracts that athletes get, and that's the wrong thing to compare it to. People don't understand how it works, so they make all these assumptions you negotiated that you shouldn't have taken, that there's a floor and a ceiling already. And it doesn't exist based on merit or say performance performance. It's based on anything they could come with that day. But it's based on mostly your skin color, your gender, and things like that. And it doesn't matter often what you've done and how much you've made, how much you've contributed to the culture, the overall American.
Speaker 21: Culture, none of that.
Speaker 16: It's random, And so it hurts to go and you do all that work, and then each time you go to the table, it's like starting at the base again.
Speaker 21: I've gone through that my whole life.
Speaker 16: And did people say, well, it's because you haven't been successful in film in this way and that and that way?
Speaker 21: I said, is it really? Because I see people who have none.
Speaker 16: Of my success, none of my experience and or talent, and they get more coming in the door.
Speaker 21: So what is that? They didn't even need to prove themselves.
Speaker 16: Often they're getting offered these roles and we're still auditioning for it, and they have tons of tape on us. So it's true, and she's not the only one to speak about it. She won't be the last, and there needs to be something done. But unless you get it at the root, meaning in distribution and creating a whole different system, then we're always working underneath that.
Speaker 6: You said, you said negotiate, right, So the first thing that mad people say is is something that you said you have to negotiate what it is? But the problem negotiating if they're not negotiating anything close. Do you not take a job, You're not take an opportunity, They.
Speaker 21: Can just go get someone else. If you don't take what they're offering next?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because I'm sitting trying to think of who would be the black woman equivalent to a Denzel or a Will Like, who's the person that has done three or four blockbusters that have made profit for studio?
Speaker 16: I don't know, Well, maybe halle Berry at one point there. You might say that Viola is in that space now because she's done the Help and she's also done woman King. I don't know if those numbers meet the standard, but her life does. And if you just say okay when she puts it, she talked about it. She said, you know, Merle Street did this, I've done that. If you just sort of equated with Merrill the great MARYL. Street, no one wants to take anything away from her. She should be on par and I doubt she is. She's saying she's making a tenth of what her white female counterparts are making. Jessica Chastained famously linked her salary to Octavius Spencer so she could get her first payday. Wow, why is that after she's gotten her oscar? That's great, thank you. That's being not only an ally but an abolition issure. You're linking your you know, your star power to someone else, make sure that they get something. But that's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: I saw, I think I read American Fiction has made almost six million dollars at the box office with a budget of like almost two.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, it's the.
Speaker 21: Budget was more. I think it was over five.
Speaker 1: It was over five, yes, okay, but it's very critically acclaim.
Speaker 2: But then I see, like Booker Clarents had a budget of like forty million, but they've only made three million at the box office. Color Purple had a budget of one hundred and forty. They made close to sixty. So what do you feel the route the goal is when you're making black cinema.
Speaker 21: Well, first of all, we shouldn't call it black cinema. We should call it cinema.
Speaker 16: They've done that to television when they started saying that we were on a black show, Suddenly those marketing dollars went down. Here when you're on the Jeffersons, when you're on even Sanford and Son or What's Happening. Those were shows on NBC and ABC. They were sandwiched right between Mash and other shows. And I think that that was a paradigm ship that actually armed us. We're always using their pressor's language to define us and black music, that all this music is ours, but it starts to categorize us and put you know, it's redlining if you can't get past that. And they already say it's a black show. They don't say it's a Chinese show. I don't see nobody saying it's black basketball or black football.
Speaker 21: Show me white football. Then no, that's football soccer, right, same, well.
Speaker 1: White football soccer.
Speaker 18: There you go.
Speaker 16: Don't tell that to all those you know, there was countries of colors. So well, but that's what we're talking about. And that goes down to the myth that we don't translate well overseas. But they don't say that about the music. They would expect you, on some sneakers to link that with a black player because they're seen as the best, but no, we won't buy your stories. So then they did in twelve years slave they in other countries. They put Brad Pitt right center in big and minimize the lead character. And Brad Pitt was fear is when he saw it and he said, absolutely not, You're not going to do that. But they've been doing that for decades and so that's a problem. We shouldn't call it black cinema. We should call it cinema. And we should also know that those marketing dollars and the promotion is not the same. And when we are living single, unfortunately, we were mostly sent to cities of color, DC, Atlanta, and we said, look, can we go to Prioria, can we go to We have fans all over. But they didn't want to spend the money. So then therefore they're limiting their own bottom line. Why are they doing that? Because was the Cosby Show a black show or was it a television show? Just after that they started to create the type of language and very distinctive around television shows. They had already done it with me, excuse me, with music, but around television shows.
Speaker 21: And we paid the price.
Speaker 16: And unless we get in there and look at the system and diagnose the real problem, because it is systemic, and it starts at representation and all those things that know those number and yet continue to offer their clients as less than valuable.
Speaker 21: And we're never get past them.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with Erica Alexander when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning, everybody is dj n V Charlamagne dadd We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Erika Alexander. She has a new movie out right now, American Fiction. I was gonna ask, you know, we talk about all the time, but now it seems like it's a lot different. We always say that we have to support our own support our own movies. But from hearing from you, it seems like you're saying that we don't have the same marketing dollars. So a lot of times, a lot of our people don't even know our movies are out when it comes to you know, the Book of Clarence that just recently came out, or even the Color Purple that you know, we don't get the same amount of marketing dollars that Action Box Office.
Speaker 13: More.
Speaker 2: Origin that's coming out, I just knew was outside of the I think it was the Golden Globes passing out flyers for Origin, which is insane.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it doesn't necessarily mean that we're not supporting. It's a lot of times we're not aware of some of the stuff that's actually happened. That's what it seems like that you're saying that it's not the fact that we don't want to support or we can't support.
Speaker 1: This is the fact that we're.
Speaker 6: Saying that we don't hear about it, We don't have the same promotion, We don't know, it's not on our mind every ten minutes like some of these other movies are.
Speaker 16: You know, often that could be the case, but it's also not the level of sophistication that we deserve. They're not putting the marketing dollars into how they present it to us of a level of importance, allowing us to sort of have the same types of ability to take it in in a way that says, not only is important, we know it's important because look at how well that it's presented. We depend a lot on word of mouth, and black people have the least amount of time to watch movies and these types of things. We're doing so many things all at once. Sometime all you want to do is go home and watch the game. You don't want to step out the door. And yet we do support the film and television and the books that people are doing. We're great readers, we buy books and all these other things. We're willing to go to to a lot of things. It says that we're thirteen percent of this population, and many of us are incarcerated. Many of us are on huge burdens that take our numbers down. What they're not doing is promoting two white audiences.
Speaker 2: American fiction explores so much of what we're talking about right now. I watched it last night. Very interesting film.
Speaker 1: What is it about? That's the obvious question for the people who haven't seen.
Speaker 16: So cour Jefferson is the writer director. He's a very accomplished writer. He's a reader. So he started reading book and he read person for Everett's Erasure. This is based on Perconval evertts amazing book Eraser, And he said, I can see this as a film, and so he put his mind to that, and then he thought, the whole time he's writing it, he heard Jeffrey Wright's voice.
Speaker 21: Jeffrey Wright at.
Speaker 16: The time was grieving his mother, the loss of his mother, and that's what also Cord Jefferson had gone through. They're both men who were raised by women and loved their mothers. And so Jeffrey Wright didn't get back right away, but eventually got back and said, you know what, let's see, let's try this out. It's a magnificent script. It's funny on the page, which is hard to do to laugh out loud. He did it well, and so he got his first choice there and he started and he had a list and all his first choice you see in the movie I Am one of Them. Coraline plays the love interests of Jeffrey Wright's character Monk. Monk is an author who wants to be seen as an author and not a black author. He's in the Black session, but he's like, why am I not up there with everyone else? Why do I have to be in this section? I don't think he would complain if he was there and the African American section, but just being the African American Session section, he feels dehumanized. He feels like he's not on par with his contemporaries. And that's what the story is about. It's about a man who's discontented. And I think in midlife we can see and be some time really restless with how our life has panned out thus far. And some people can shift to pivot and be all right with it. Other people are like no, and they raise hell and they want to do something that totally turns it on his head. And he does, and that's what the story is about. I play Coraline, his love interest. Now, I gotta say real quick that this the movie at first.
Speaker 1: Was called like the book.
Speaker 16: Yes, okay, the movie was called so there we were filming it. But so when it came to me and they said, this director wants to speak to you. He thinks you'd be great for this role. You always want to be invited. It's wonderful to be invited to something. And I looked and it's Jeffrey Wright is the lead character, and you play his love interest. And I saw the work go on it and I said, my god, this is my nine and a half weeks.
Speaker 21: I'm be like Branda.
Speaker 16: We're gonna be in blue Light, just having sex, eating grapes and drinking wine, talking about deep stuff.
Speaker 21: I've waited my whole life. And he started doing my ad work.
Speaker 25: Nah, what like that?
Speaker 21: You know, I get this nugger on him and you know.
Speaker 16: Hump a little bit, you know, you know, I just finished, you apply, you know, to rub you know, lotion on myself. But other than that, now, but I was excited because he not only invited me to play, but I knew that I was being asked to play against somebody admired, and he was probably only asking me because he thought that when you go to the majors and you're in you know, a major league, you know team that you yourself are hit her or you're a runner or this, and you could be counted on. And so I felt like, yeah, I'm in my class, heavyweight class. That's where I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Random question about a detail because you just mentioned it.
Speaker 2: We was watching it last night and after it was implied that y'all had just slept together, and I go older. I said to Martin, they're implying that they just slept together. And she was like, yeah, he's getting dressed. She's putting the lotion on her hand, and you just said that too. What what is the lotion on the hand for women?
Speaker 21: No women come up to me.
Speaker 16: It's sec we love. We thought that was one of the best sex scenes we ever saw. I said, what sex scene? You know afterwards, when you put the lotion on your hands, they like the efficiency of that.
Speaker 10: What is the.
Speaker 1: Washing on the hands? I never thought about it.
Speaker 16: She's washed up and she's putting lotions on her hand to show that, you know, not done something.
Speaker 21: But she's yeah, she's just clean.
Speaker 16: She's clean, she got off the shower, she's done her thing, and she's back and you know, listen, it takes Look, I don't know why I was ready to haunt the man.
Speaker 1: Do you hear what if a detailed women know? Clearly? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, especially I think again, it's a mature relationship. We don't need to see him going in back and doing all this. This is ain't Jason Lyric. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, we've grown. That implies enough. And then we get on with the discussion about not love so much but liking and being sort of saying, you know, there is there symbiotic relationship here, do we we fiell the chemistry?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 21: Okay, that's mature. I think people need to see that more often.
Speaker 1: Why did the title turn on American fiction? Then?
Speaker 21: Well apparently he was really strong on that corpus, like, no, that's what it is.
Speaker 26: You know.
Speaker 21: I just got to stand by it.
Speaker 16: And then they started cutting it and they said, look here, whenever we put it in, you know, this is when all those people start to get involved in marketing. If we put that work in, porn comes up all the time we wanted to be synonymous with porn, and he said, you know what, let me think about it. So he says, he went and you know, smoke a lot. Ganja thought about it and came up with a few. American fiction was the one he chose.
Speaker 1: So what does the title American fiction mean to the movie?
Speaker 16: You think so America and the fiction being not true or you know there's fact fiction and there's non fact nonfiction which is true.
Speaker 21: What is the American fiction that's all around us?
Speaker 16: The definition of our lives around the America's definition of us. Black people have had to carry that weight our entire time since we arrived in America, throughout the enslavement, after emancipation and the reconstruction through civil rights. And now there is a fiction around us, but that fiction is locked with American exceptionalism. So it's not just the idea that Black people are working inside of an identity crisis. It was put upon them by people who created them, and we've adopted the language of our oppressors. That's when it's successful. That's when you know it works. I don't know any other people that have done that as successfully they do. You know a lot of Latinos who go around calling themselves went back what I feel for us because I see the strong and sort of trying to take that word and reframe it. But can you reframe something that was meant to damage you from the core? Has it's done its job the minute you start to reframe it towards yourself and your children, and then they carry it on and then the world adopts it for themselves. I don't know, but that's what American fiction is. Jeffrey Wright is playing a man who's saying that I am not that version. I'm They're telling him that you're not writing books that are black enough. But who are they to say that he's not black enough? He's black. He's an author. That's his book that's black enough. They didn't say that about our music. They just put Elvis up and he started shaking them legs.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 6: We got more with Erika Alexander when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club The Morning Morning, Everybody, It's dej n B. Charlomagne, the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. Were still kicking it with Erika Alexander. She has a new movie out right now, American Fiction.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne, you said something that made me think about the N word, Like I always tell myself, I'm gonna stop using that word because I never use it as of endearment.
Speaker 7: I use it.
Speaker 2: I use it as the oppressor, you know I do. So that's one of the read I got. I don't feel the need to hold on to that, you know.
Speaker 16: I think we've forgotten who we are. I think when we remember, we understand that maybe we've been brought across the ocean to make this case, to live these lives so we can create a better tomorrow. Today we're having conversations about voting, we're having conversations about the next election. And I always remember that Black women are the marines on the front line, but they don't want to always have to be. That's where men are supposed to be. They're supposed to see the clear present danger and stop the wolf at the door from hurting the most vulnerable people.
Speaker 21: That's what it is. Black people are tired of that. I don't know if I'm going to do it.
Speaker 16: I said, what's your choice? Could have should have, would have worked toward that. But right now you can see there's a danger at the door, that wolf.
Speaker 21: Stop them.
Speaker 16: You're a warrior, you're a king, you're supposed to do that. That's what we were, That's what we have to do right now. Don't want to hate it, but that that's what we're doing. I don't want to have to keep talking about do it. No, you're going to have to do this.
Speaker 1: Erica.
Speaker 16: Your dark skin and you're nappy headed. You will not be Zendia. You will not be halle Berry anytime soon. You won't even be able to cross over. Thank God for Court Jefferson, who saw me as being delicate and put me in more in a position to be desired. I needed that black man to step up to create the space to see me as a woman who could just chill and drink wine and have somebody seduce her, and she seduce him. I get to drop my tomatoes.
Speaker 21: You see.
Speaker 16: That's called meeting cute, leave me cute, like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks does. A black man saw that, and he took somebody who's usually hired as the hammers, the ham Jeffrey Jeffrey, right, is a hammer.
Speaker 21: I'm a hammer. You bring me in.
Speaker 16: It's like, what do you need done? It's like your hammer, Erica. But I also see you as being desirable and beautiful and delicate, and we need some of those muscles work that out here. And so I lay in the cut a bit and do a little less of what I've been at has to do for over four decades.
Speaker 2: The movie got me to think, and how you know, how hard is it to sell things of substance in Hollywood?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: Because then, and you know, I got me to thinking about you as a creative because everything that you do is of substance and it ha intension behind it.
Speaker 1: So how hard is it to sell things of substance in Hollywood?
Speaker 16: Well, for somebody like me, it's near impossible, because they're always gonna rate you as what you've done before, and if you haven't leveraged that power yet, they don't think you have it. So I needed somebody like you, Charlotte Mane and Kevin Hard to hire us the color farm part of me, who's got a company to create something and get the opportunities because you're in rooms that I'm not. So we need men mostly who have those opportunities, have those conversations with cigars and cognac to bring up the women and say, you know what, I'm going to make sure that I bring them to the table they're always with me because you don't have those opportunities.
Speaker 1: Which is so because we're in nowhere near is brilliant? Is I mean like not even.
Speaker 16: Clothes, you certainly are. The thing is that you know that there's a wide sort of palette that we're missing if we don't bring our women in. And again that's why I say black men are supposed to protect the most vulnerable. They're also the lift and elevate them and if done well, we can change the world.
Speaker 2: Do awards matter to you because you know I know American fiction, say no question, Yes, yeah, because American Victory was even nominated for Best Motion Picture Musical Comedy at the Golden Globes and they I saw you on Tammon Hall and they're talking about Oscoo bars around your role in American fiction.
Speaker 21: So they do matter, Charlem Mane.
Speaker 16: I wish they didn't, but this world puts a premium on people who win awards, and I think if we can't make content that is uniquely on a black subject, the subject that has a black person in it and has agency, and can't prove that we can make the dollars, that's another award, box office and awards, then they'll keep putting us in the cultural ghetto, and we can't afford to be there more. So I think that it's all right for us to shoot for it, but we need to acknowledge how many people never got those awards and we're still inside of that. So if you look at the great Felicia Rashad, who never got an Emmy or her work, crazy Patricia Heaton got eight or everybody loves Raymond, no shade to her?
Speaker 21: Where's felicious? Where's Cecily Tyson before they gave her an honorary.
Speaker 1: Angela Bassett exactly?
Speaker 21: Why?
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 19: So?
Speaker 16: No, those awards matter and people want them because they think it's going to also help their trajectory of their work.
Speaker 21: Lu Goassid said it didn't help at all, said it ruined his career. I think so.
Speaker 16: I don't want to speak for him. He's still here to speak for himself. But I think it was because suddenly people didn't want to pay him what he was worth. They didn't want to Oh, well that next and Mary, I told you that mixed.
Speaker 21: You ask him for too much?
Speaker 16: Really, are we from the great Lucassip? So it's I think catch twenty two we need to do to have it. We shouldn't expect it, and don't be broken hearted if that happens. The award is the love that you get from the audience. Every day I go out, whether it's at the bank or otherwise, I get love from everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, the children's books, what you got there?
Speaker 21: Oh oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 16: So next when we're talking about books and everything, and so my mother wrote a book. Io, so I brought one for each of you, for your family than your family's library.
Speaker 1: The Rainbow Forest and the Rainbow Forest.
Speaker 16: That's great, Sammue Alexander, excuse me, Samue Alexander the twice, or for the woman I speak about a lot. She's a teacher and an educator and that was important to her, and I'm helping her while she's eighty two years old to get her ideas out there. So that's IO. Show them the back Charlemagne so they can see that's amazing that. Jacob, what's the illustrations name right now?
Speaker 1: Jacob Duncan.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Jacob Duncan did from North Carolina. Nice young illustrator did that. And then also Grandma's hand.
Speaker 21: This is a friend.
Speaker 16: This is the Bill Withers family. And so he's passed away, but Grandma's hands. With Grandma's hands, he's done a book. And after he's passed away, about it, and so I make sure it gets into as many hands as possible and we build our libraries that way. You guys are both great builders of families and communities. So I wanted to make sure you had that my mama's book.
Speaker 21: There you go.
Speaker 1: I got maybe two more questions, but really one more.
Speaker 2: Nikkia Haley said, America is in a racist country, right, You think the decision makers in Hollywood believe that.
Speaker 21: I don't know who she was talking to, you know what, they act like there is a racism.
Speaker 16: But that's what keeps it going is that people want to act like these are people often that have been the most persecuted people on the earth. We can't act like it's not there. We can't afford to. And her standing that up and not facing it is making her look weak. And nobody wants a woman who's weak. They already have that, you know, in the negative. But the fact that she's taken that stance, especially coming from South Carolina, your home state, is disgusting. She should know better. Also, she's an East Indian World an American. Yes, she knows what's behind it. If she doesn't get to president, it'll be because she's not a woman. And also that she's not that she's a brown woman. So she can ignore that if she wants to, but the party she's going to need to help her cannot afford to ignore that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we appreciate you for joining us as Erica Alexander so much. Make sure you go out there and see American fiction. That's right.
Speaker 2: Make sure you go listen to Finding to Meika on Audible, check out the Big Payback on The Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast Network, and Erica, just I about to say, keep being brilliant, but you ain't got no choice, that's right.
Speaker 1: God made you what you are.
Speaker 16: Thank you, you know you know God winning the crypto rise and with help collaboration all as possible. So thank you, Thank you, dj MV, thank you all that you're doing for the culture, all that you mean to us, and for giving me this platform this morning.
Speaker 6: Thank you for joining us. We appreciate you, Erica Alexander. Ladies and gentlemen, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Let's get to the rumors. God so I'm calling it gossip.
Speaker 2: Hip. I don't want to do this anymorement.
Speaker 1: Taylor fantastic rumor report intro. I refuse.
Speaker 2: I refuse to accept that intro because there will not be no CNY with the t Okay, this is not gonna be a permanent thing.
Speaker 13: You never told me.
Speaker 21: I don't want to do this.
Speaker 2: We we we get nothing. Third co host, Dammit, I appreciate it. I ain't doing no fantastic intro. But no, we do not accept that. We rebuked that in the name of a third.
Speaker 1: Co host with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, let's jump right into it. Run DMC documentary trailer has been released. Now let me tell you why this means so much to me. So Run was the first celebrity that I ever met.
Speaker 1: I was a kid. My mother was shopping on DJ. Clue No, Run, Run, it is the.
Speaker 6: Bigges select Clue wasn't the big celebrity at the time. Run was the big celebrity at the time.
Speaker 1: Changed your life. And actually I met Run before I met a clue. But Run, me and my mother was at a store.
Speaker 2: Courts taught you to DJ said, Clue came up behind you. We took you down in his basement, and then he used to come up behind you and hold put his hand on top of yours and teach you how to scratch.
Speaker 6: That's not remember, I don't know what weird dreams you have, but that never happens. I did not say that, No it didn't. But anyway, as I was saying, let me at it. Run was the first celebrity I ever met. I think I was like four or five or six years old and my mother was in TSS. TSS is a store like Target or Walmart now, and I was running through the store and I ran in to run and he signed a Manila envelope for me, and I always kept that and it always meant a lot because I got a chance to see my rap superheroes back in the day. Like a lot of you guys see him on Instagram. I would run into a run or a gm Aster j or run running to run boom boom. You would see your fifty cents, you would see your Jah Rules, your mike' ron was anybody and queens. You actually seen mob deep nows, You've seen them out and about. So this means a lot. And this was probably part of the reason why I got into music and started loving music so much was because of Run DMC.
Speaker 2: My thing about being on stage and performing, the first thing that comes to my mind is intensity.
Speaker 1: When Run was being Run, Darrol was being Darryl, and Jay was being Ja, it was heaven. It was Nirvana. When we get on stage, we're doing what we gotta do. It lock the house, hold up, let's back up. My reason for getting it to wrap was the streets.
Speaker 9: Everybody in the neighborhood started getting shoot, turntables and a mixing.
Speaker 1: At this point, me and d we were dreaming about making our own stuff. Grab your Run, but we're going to the studio to make your record. That was the moment I knew hip hop was gonna be huge. They brought more people to the genre.
Speaker 6: Ex So there was dope that comes out on Peacock as a docum series set to drop later on this year, And this is the dope thing about it. Run DMC is actually executive producing the doc themselves.
Speaker 2: So I think that's pretty I mean, I couldn't see it any other way. When you have people that are still alive, you know, to tell their stories, they better be executive producing their documentaries on their own. Sluta rev Run and DMC dropping the clues bumps for Revern that's about to say the same thing. I ran into reverun a couple of months ago and it was when I saw him he literally said he had prayed for me that morning.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't think it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it was Cap. No, I don't believe it was cap. I mean, I'm a good person. We were walking it and out, and you know, he got a very recognizable head. I mean kind of if your gott he had a ball. He kind of looked like you gotta was from the back, which is so strange that him and Yo Gotti look like But that that's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 1: But I said, I said run, and he was like, Yo, see TGS, I prayed for you this morning. Wow, So thank you run Sluthor run. Very good person.
Speaker 6: Him and his beautiful wife absolutely shout the run, run in the run all the time. I see him all the time, I would say, I see him all the time, always passing each other. Now, Rod Waves says the reason he got into music is because his exis obsession with NB a young boy.
Speaker 2: One of my girl I used to caut new young but and I remember just like I would like say, it's all living in my own crib.
Speaker 1: I remember she was just quiet bro in my living.
Speaker 3: Room watching broke videospecially back dawn turned out.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to turn up. That's now we are. It's crazy, but how much? And just you know what I'm saying, use it when you're used it the power of the poom poom. Nobody looking to the power inspiration. He was power the power to poom poom, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, people always want to give Vagina such a hard time, but they don't talk about Vagina. Is the great motivated that it is because it's not just rod Wave. If you've ever seen that book, that movie, Oh that movie I can't remember the name of it was the movie about Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg was motivated to create Facebook the same exact way, just to get the attention of a woman. You know what, So whatever the motivation, Hited told Mattter, salute to all the women in vaginas have inspired great things and great people.
Speaker 6: Right and lastly, Snoop Dogg's daughter had a severe stroke yesterday. She's twenty four years old. She's been the moment vocal about her fight with lupus and she had a stroke.
Speaker 22: Yesterday, Snoop Dogg's daughter, Corey broad Us suffers a severe stroke. The twenty four year old takes to her ig stories January eighteenth to tell fans about her recent health emergency. Posting a blurry photo from what appears to be a hospital room, she writes, I had a severe stroke this am. I started breaking down crying when they told me. The singer then shares another photo, a selfie of her wearing a face mask, captioning it like I'm only twenty four. What did I do in my past to deserve all of this? The youngest child of the famous rapper and his wife, Shanty Taylor, has struggled with health issues in the past, openly talking about being diagnosed with lupus at the age of six. According to the Dupest Foundation of America, the disease is a lifelong condition that affects the body's immune system. The condition causes one's body to attack healthy tissue. It can cause inflammation in the joints, kidneys, skin, blood cells, brain, lungs, and heart.
Speaker 2: God bless that young queen man. I'm telling you, every day of your life if you wake up and you pray for good health. Man, you should wake up and pray for good health every single day. Do not take good health for granted, and not way shape or Formana. Definitely sending that sys the healing energy.
Speaker 1: Twenty four years old, that's right, Oh, I have Mersey.
Speaker 6: The sad thing is she says, you know, I'm twenty four. What did I do on my past to deserve all of this?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? So I'm like, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I'm sending healing energy and I hope that if she does need somebody to talk, so that if there's somebody there that's you know, that can guide her and talk though through this.
Speaker 2: And also to man, she didn't do anything nothing at all. Life, life, life, I think we forget that sometimes. That's why I'm really I've been at this point in my life. I don't believe in so called good. I don't believe in soul called I just believe life is one long process and through that process, life is just going life. Things just gonna happen, you know, and when they do, you you just gotta deal with them.
Speaker 13: You got to.
Speaker 2: You gotta, you know, lean on lean on God. When you don't understand. Some things are out of the realm with human understanding.
Speaker 6: All right, hey, well that is your rumor report now, Charlemagne. Yes, we're giving that donkey.
Speaker 1: Two, you know, for after the hour.
Speaker 2: I want to use this as sort of a PSA because there's something I told y'all nine months ago on April fourteenth, twenty twenty three, and it was in reference to AI. So I would like to, you know, revisit that donkey of the day as well as give you some updates on some things that are happening right now because of AI. Alright, well, you know this could be AI talking to you right now. How do you notice, is Charlamagne to god? You have no idea?
Speaker 1: You don't all right, we'll get to the donkey next. I got some questions. They have no idea. They listening in the car right now.
Speaker 12: You don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I have some questions. We'll get to a nextus to breakfast. Welcome morning the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same, Charlamagne. Some donkey to day is just sad themself.
Speaker 1: Charlotte, man, I was ready for day. I never heard the donkey other day?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Say it again? Charlama, I'm a donkey. Yes, you are adult everything that's Charlotte Lgne the same. That's truthfu damn right. It is Donkey to day for Friday, January nineteenth. Is a reminder.
Speaker 2: It's a reminder of something I told y'all nine months ago on April fourteen, twenty twenty three. To be exact, I am fully aware that nobody takes me serious because I have a list. I relate a lot to Rafiki from the Lion King. I can see where the things I say may come off of sounding crazy, But if you actually listen, if you really listen, you might learn something from you from your friendly neighborhood bad guy Charlamagne to God. Okay, see, last year I got on this radio and warned y'all about the dangers of AI. And today there's a couple of situations I want to bring to your attention. Okay, Hot Mike supposedly caught President Joe Biden threatening the wage war on Texas with F fifteen fighter jets. Now calm down, all you digital democratic d riders. I know y'all just be ready to come to the defense of massive Biden, but just relax. I'm fully aware that the audio's artificial intelligence. Let's listen, going to make.
Speaker 11: Sure those cowboys don't stop the shirts of military age events and ana if we have to send fifteenth to tections here and raige war against.
Speaker 2: Textions scary, especially being that they got the dois in the background like he's just talking some with very scary.
Speaker 1: That's not the only one.
Speaker 2: This week in Maryland, a racist rant came out and they said the racist rant was from Principal Eric Eisworth, but he says it was AI.
Speaker 1: Let's listen, I'm the principal.
Speaker 10: Here of being only me, you know, I seriously don't understand why I have to constantly put up with these here every day, between these ungrateful black kids who can't test their way out of a paper bag, or these teachers who don't get it. How hard is it to get these students to meet their grade level expectations? Lawrence and Revenuel I should have never been hired. And don't let me get started on DJ. I'm gonna drag his blacks out of here one way or another. I'm gonna get something to stick. I'm just so sick of the inadequacies of these people. And if I have to get one more complaint from one more Jew in this community.
Speaker 1: I'm going to join the other side. Kathy, I'm done. I don't know. I don't know what's real and was not real. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: And that's what I warned you about last year April fourteenth, twenty twenty three. So I'm glad that everything we've done for the past fourteen years is recorded because it's all a matter of historical record.
Speaker 1: And I want to take this time this morning.
Speaker 2: To flash back to a warning I gave on April fourteenth, twenty twenty three, because it was a PSA for where we are today. Let's listen, donkey of to day for is more of a PSA than anything. I feel like I just have to bring some public awareness to this latest scam that is happening, and it's gonna be the first of many because humans have mutually assured our own destruction by opening the doors for artificial intelligence.
Speaker 1: I know, I know technology. You know, Chanla mean you're old. You have to embrace innovation. Listen to me.
Speaker 2: Innovation is great, Okay, anything that can make our lives easier and better, I'm all for it. But artificial intelligence is not going to make our lives easier, are better. It's going to make our lives harder and more difficult because one of the hardest and most difficult things for people to do over the last decade or so is determine what's real and what's not. And AI isn't going to blur the lines between reality and fantasy. It's going to erase those lines period. Case in point, the story this story I'm about to tell you all of Arizona. Mom, Jennifer di Stefano. Jennifer di Stefano was at home minding her business and she got a phone call. Would you like to know what the phone call was about? Let's go to CBS five for the report.
Speaker 1: Police don't have the money.
Speaker 10: Both you and your daughter are death warning of close encounters with scammers who used artificial intelligence to clone her daughter's voice.
Speaker 21: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 5: They actually made her believe they had kidnapped her fifteen year old and then they demanded a ransom.
Speaker 3: So as on your size, Susan Campbell found out.
Speaker 21: This is crazy. It doesn't take much of a voice sample to pull this scam off.
Speaker 25: The phone number was unfamiliar, Jennifer to Stefano, almost let it go to voicemail, but her fifteen year old was out of town skiing.
Speaker 21: Maybe there had been an accident.
Speaker 18: I pick up the phone and I hear my daughter's voice and it says mom, and she's sobbing. And then I hear a man's voice say put your head back, lie down. And this man gets on the phone and he's like, listen here, I've got your daughter. This is how it's gonna go down. You call the police, you call anybody. I'm gonna pop her something so full of drugs. I'm gonna have my way to throwna drop her off in Mexico. And at that moment, I just started shaking.
Speaker 27: I'm like what.
Speaker 18: In the background, she's going help me, Mom, please help me, help me in falling.
Speaker 21: I never doubt it for one second.
Speaker 13: It was her.
Speaker 25: The person who had supposedly kidnapped Jennifer's daughter demanded money.
Speaker 3: He started at a million dollars.
Speaker 18: I was like that, I don't have a million dollars. I'm like fine, whatever, start my daughter. Then he wants fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: M Humans, fear humans. How are we okay with this? Okay?
Speaker 2: How is anybody okay with this. How come we are choosing to be obtuse to what is right around the corner. I don't like any of this AI stuff, Okay. In fact, my spoder senses go off around anybody I'll see pushing it because I'm like that person might.
Speaker 1: Be an agent.
Speaker 2: All right, we live in a world right now where people can't even handle fake tweets, So how the hell will we handle AI. If you thought the misinformation campaigns in the twenty sixteen and twenty twenty elections were nuts, imagine what twenty twenty four is gonna look like. Folks used to take videos and audios and edit them out of context to manipulate people. Now I can do deep fake videos and have AI simulation that can completely mimic my voice, the inflection, the emotion.
Speaker 1: And we really want to unleash that evil on.
Speaker 2: This already stupid ass American society, okay, which then will impact the world. YouTube, social media, and news. Y'all already run with a bunch of fake stories. Now what happens when these news outlets start receiving audio leaks of audio leaks of fake AI conversations between world leaders threatening nuclear war, fake AI conversations from celebrities saying wild things about different groups right before they have a movie or TV show or book coming out. Fake AI conversations between co workers. Now you're running up on your co workers because you heard they was talking spicy about you, and it's just AI. Fake AI conversations between your significant other and one of your homies. You're gonna think your mate is cheating on you with your best friend because of AI and human emotions.
Speaker 1: Move it to speed a light.
Speaker 2: Nobody stops to think about what's real and what's not real. It's just all about what you feel. We don't feel the facts. We felt the feelings, and nobody cares about their truth when the lie is more entertaining.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, y'all need AI once again.
Speaker 2: I'm just raising public awareness because the article I read in the New York Post FBI agent said the only way to stop it is to raise public awareness. Now, if you're wondering how they are able to even get your voice in the first place, listen to this man whose name sounds like somebody on Mortal Kombat. I can't pronounce it. Siberro come a body. He's a computer science professor at Arizona State University.
Speaker 1: He breaks it down, you can no longer trust you as Zubero.
Speaker 25: Common Body is a computer science professor Arizona State.
Speaker 3: It specializes in AI.
Speaker 25: He says voice cloning technology is rapidly approving.
Speaker 6: Now there are ways in which you can do this with just three seconds of your voice.
Speaker 17: So with the three seconds, it can come extremely close to how exactly you sound, and.
Speaker 25: You don't even need any special equipment. I chose a free program for a test, and I'm not actually TopKing.
Speaker 17: It's in you TWI and you know, and I think they could be great, good users, but suddenly they can be pretty What is some usss to me?
Speaker 2: We have all these conversations about secret societies and illuminati.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Somebody has been planning this for the last thirty years at least, probably longer, and they've been patient. Think about how many decades of data they have on all of us, video audio from black Planet to MySpace, the Facebook, to Twitter and Instagram, the tiktac they got us already all right, there is no putting a twoth paste back into YouTube. Y'all always having conversations about celebrities being cloned, when the reality is they have cloned all of us already.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, by the way, the situation in Arizona with Jennifer's not a one time thing. It happened to a woman named Beth Royce last month, and it happened in the similar to a woman named Chelsea Gates, and both cases a man called threatened to kill a family member, in best case her sister, in Chelsea case, her mom. And in the background, Beth and Chelsea could hear their relatives crying and begging for help, and the men demanded a thousand dollars, and of course Beth and Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Sent the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, I truly don't see how people can't see this coming. Now, FBI agent Dan Mayo has some tips on what we should be looking out for. We all should be making a note of this because this is about to be our new reality, simply because humans can't help themselves.
Speaker 1: Listen, you gotta slow down and diffuse the situation.
Speaker 25: The FBI's Dan Man says scammers who use voice cloning often find their prey on social media.
Speaker 26: They're gonna be looking for public profiles that have as much information as possible on you, and when they get a hold of that they're gonna dig into you.
Speaker 25: The Federal Trade Commission says scammers will often ask their victims to wire money, send cryptocurrency, or pay the ransom with gift cards. Once the money is gone, it's almost impossible to get it back.
Speaker 26: The phone numbers coming from an area code that you're not familiar with, that should be one red flag, second red flag international numbers. Sometimes they will call from those as well, third red flag. They will not allow you to get off the phone and talk to your significant other. Right that's a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna end this how I started it. I don't like any of this AI stuff simply because I know you humans can't handle it. I didn't even get into how chat GPT is going to make people less creative and how it's going to totally stop people from really flexing those brain muscles. Writers in Hollywood, y'all show, y'all want to go on a stripe right now. Not to mention if you let it, If you let chat GPT write a job proposal for you, what happens when you actually have to sit with someone and explain that proposal yourself. Not to mention the millions and millions of jobs that are going to be lost. Tech jobs, media jobs, legal industry jobs, para legals, legal assistance, You're done. Teachers, finance jobs, personal financial advisors, financial analysis, financial analysts.
Speaker 1: It's a rap for y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, my advice, build a wall around Silicon Valley before it's too late.
Speaker 1: The job in life you saved might be your own.
Speaker 2: Please give all these people already manipulating, manipulating AI to scam folks the biggest he are. I told y'all all of that last year, April fourteenth, twenty twenty three. And you see where we are now? Seeing reality for what it is is what we call discernment. The work of discernment is very hard, but discernment to me isn't hard at all. But in twenty twenty four, with AI, seeing reality for what it is will be virtually impossible. Please once again, let remy ma, give all these folks using AI to manipulate our reality the biggest he are.
Speaker 1: Hee haw, he ha, You stupid mother? Are you dumb? Now?
Speaker 2: Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred have some more things I want to talk to you all about about A yeah, but we do when we come back.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. Let's talk about it. What are your thoughts on AI? Are you scared? Doesn't make you nervous? Do you think it's good? Let's discuss. We'll do it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning, the Breakfast Club, study DJ Envy, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you just join us, we're talking about AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know I played back a donkey of the day I did on April fourteenth, twenty twenty three, when I was warning people about AI.
Speaker 1: And you know, you see today there is an.
Speaker 2: Audio going around of Joe Biden where it says he's threatening the wage war on Texas with F fifteen fighter jets.
Speaker 1: That is AI.
Speaker 2: And then there's the principal, Eric Eysworth, who a racist rant came out and he's saying that was AI as well. So as I've always said, the lines between reality and what's not real have always been blurred because of social media, AI is about to obliterate them all together. And you know what, Envy, there's no turning back now. They have always told us, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I think nowadays you should say, don't believe anything until it's worthy of being believed. And we have to rely on our God given discernment more than ever. But I want to play something this morning. But okay, well I want to tell you this quote. The quote is you remember, anybody can say anything, anybody can write anything, but you got to practice discernment or intelligent evaluation. Well, I want all y'all intelligent evaluators to hear this. All right, this is Dean Phillips on the Breakfast Club. Listen, what could the Biden administration do to energize people and reverse what we've seen we've been seeing in the polls?
Speaker 1: If anything? And when I say administration, I mean him and the Vice president.
Speaker 28: Well, if they even can envy, I think you just hit the nail on the head. People have moved on. I don't think there's anything Joe Biden can do to change this.
Speaker 2: That was Dean Phillips on the Breakfast Club. He was there right there in I was sitting right here, No third co host was sitting there, and Dean Phillips was sitting right there, right there. Yeah, and he said that right now, listen to Dean Phillips talking to a Silicon Valley super Pac Listen.
Speaker 3: Why vote for you instead of Biden.
Speaker 28: I'm running because I believe it's time for a new generation of leadership. I respect President Biden, but the country is calling for change. I bring a unique blend of business, nonprofit and government experience that equips me to tackle the existential threats we face and the affordability crisis burdening Americans. I'm prepared to lead with a fresh perspective and a commitment to bipartisanship to truly address the challenges of our time.
Speaker 21: Are you AI?
Speaker 28: Yes, I'm a digital clone designed to share my political vision and policies, but I'm not the actual Dean Phillips. Let's focus on building a better America together.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 1: That was a I. Yes, he just heard them say he was AI. So I don't know what's really what's not?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That is my whole point. But this, this is the thing which is crazy that they did.
Speaker 6: That sounds the same to me. But now I want you to think about like this. Scientists build robots, right, yes, and what's going to happen is scientists.
Speaker 2: I saw every single artificial intelligence movie ends with the robots taking over and killing all the humans we cannot help ourselves, mutually assured destruction, or what I also like to call d head moment to. Okay, if you just let a d head go that diad le go go, go, go go, and that d head won't stop. Okay, trust me, I built up d head momentum quite a few times in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is very scary.
Speaker 2: I mean to be honest with you, it is, but it isn't because I just understand what the end is going to be, and the end is mutually assured distruction.
Speaker 1: It's so many different ways.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: We could look at taking jobs, right, and I talk about this all the time. You remember as a kid, wherever you lived, there was a person that you had to pay a toll to. Whether it was crossing a bridge or going to a certain highway, you have to pay somebody. You don't see those people anymore. That's AI that took over that saying those jobs are done. Now you're looking at at what Tesla's doing with these self driving cars. You don't think, of a minute, all these bus drivers are gonna be self driving buses. They ain't gonna be no bus drivers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, I agree with all of that. I think all of that is terrible.
Speaker 2: But what I am concerned more about is some Orson Wells war the world stuff happening. And if you never if you never heard about Uston Wells wad the worlds, you should google it. But basically, it tells the story of a fictional radio person now back in the day, back in the early nineteen hundreds, because you know, radio was the only thing, and he basically told told his listeners that New Jersey was being attacked by aliens, and people believe it to the point where they started killing themselves, and you know, ryots broke out and all types of stuff. So imagine if for a world leader, you see a world leader on social media saying how he's about to send a nuclear weapon right, or he just launched one.
Speaker 1: Even worse, I just.
Speaker 2: I just launched the nuclear weapon to such as South America country days or Russia country days, trying to count ye whatever it is. Before any of these superpowers figure out what's real and what's not real, they might just get to launching the launching the newkes.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we don't know. We've never been here before, So don't say it can't happen. But let's go to the phone line. We got Hey, what's your name, Daryl? What's I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: We're talking about AI. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 19: My thoughts on real quick menas that I think the AI is going to destroy it more than I.
Speaker 13: Could go back to health.
Speaker 19: But I remember putting too much faith in the hands of a computer, and I believe that is actually going to tear down the human race basically from the airside, because like White White Solomon.
Speaker 13: Said, it makes it more difficult to make belief of what's real and what's say, you know what I mean. And it just hurts us more than it's that's gonna help us. If you think about it, AI has more problems than a human does, and everybody is making a thing like that. I AI is making everything more easier. And if you look at it, AI has actually has more problems than a human ass because AI cannot, it cannot fix itself. You see what I'm saying, Like a human can, it can still If you understand, AI is the only program to do one thing, and that's to do whatever your program to do. It doesn't take fault for what it does and if it you know what I mean, Like, it's just it's hard to explain, but I think it's gonna hurt us more than what it's gonna help.
Speaker 2: You explain it it very well, my brother, I totally understand. All right, Thank you, brother.
Speaker 6: And the question is eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five. When we're talking AI this morning. I think it's a good thing. You think it's a bad thing. Let's discuss it's the breakfast come morning.
Speaker 4: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know, we talking out it's topic times called eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody, it's dj n V Charlmagne to god, we are the breakfast club. If you're just joining us, we're talking AI. Charlemagne gave donkey to day to who's Charlamagne?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I flashed back to a donkey that I did last year on April fourteenth, twenty twenty three, and I just gave.
Speaker 1: A PSA a warning about the dangers of AI.
Speaker 2: And you know, today we saw a clip floating around of President Biden threatening the wage war on Texas with that fifteen to fight a jest.
Speaker 1: That's Ai.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a principal named Eric Eisworth who a racist rant came out about him when he's talking about blacks and Jewish people, and they're saying, NAT's Ai.
Speaker 1: So it's just like man, we.
Speaker 2: Already noticed as a presidential election year, not just here in America but also in South Africa, and we're really not going to be able to determine what's real and what's fake. Social media already blurred those lines, but AI is going to obliterate those lines all together.
Speaker 1: We have destiny on the line, destiny.
Speaker 15: Good morning, good morning to you, good morning, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 1: Yes, how are your destiny?
Speaker 15: I must speak with dj us peace to God first of all, to say peace to the gods, the God of all peace.
Speaker 1: Queen face, Now, what's your what's your thoughts on on AI? Mama?
Speaker 15: I believe it's good and bad, you know, but I didn't have a question on him. When charlatmage Guard said, you know, this could be AI speaking right now, and you paused. It seemed like you felt that that feeling.
Speaker 7: Of this ought to be bad.
Speaker 15: It could technical jobs and stuff and go Highway.
Speaker 29: What the for?
Speaker 1: Well, the pause was, yeah, I said that.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why I did the p s A last year and the warning of it, you know, last year.
Speaker 1: And that's why I played that back. Yeah. Absolutely, Charlemagne could be AI right now. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't even how you know. I don't know if a I can, I can't respond to you. How do you know how you know you're not talking to me?
Speaker 1: I don't even know that. Hell, I just said I don't know what you said either.
Speaker 15: That's a stragming shot. And Envy was like raid I was a pause and I'm like wow, but we rather regular people would rather Charlotte and the Garden be the Envy and Jeff anytime.
Speaker 2: Es I rather.
Speaker 3: Jack you just you need just back?
Speaker 2: What's just just just hilasgy Oh my good sister, Jess Oh okay, got you got you? You know she has a podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network called Carefully Reckless.
Speaker 1: New episode dropped yesterday. Is that really her talking on that episode? Or it might be might be Hello, Hello, is this AI? Or is this Ashley?
Speaker 6: This is Ashley, good morning, we'll talking about AI.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts so I mean as.
Speaker 14: I was saying, I mean, I know it exists and I don't like it, but I mean, what can we do about it? Like I see it coming, Like my niece times and plays on my phone all the time with AI. And because I'm know this, it's not gonna be an issue, you know, I talked to her about it. But it's prevalent everywhere, like and what.
Speaker 15: Can we do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean right, it makes everybody nervous. It makes me nervous. I will say that. We got Ariana on the line. Arianna, good morning, good morning, and v how you doing. I'm doing well. What's your thoughts for AI?
Speaker 30: I completely agree with Charlemagne. Is very dangerous, especially when it comes to politics, right because they can say anything and then.
Speaker 28: We believe it.
Speaker 30: Anyways, Also at my job, like Charla Maine said, don't trust not abody who used AI. They used the AI. At my job, we gotta leave voicemails, and the voicemails leave notes when I go, look look at my notes. I didn't say that, but the AI said I said it. That could possibly get me fired.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's great, But you know what, it doesn't seem scary about that.
Speaker 6: Could they use somebody's voice in the court of law, right, And how do you prove it's not your voice?
Speaker 1: Or how do you prove it is your voice?
Speaker 2: Yes, if they say, if they say we got him, this is the evidence we're presenting.
Speaker 6: He was on the phone, and they can say, well, I was Ai, that wasn't that wasn't real, And then how do you prove that it was real?
Speaker 1: Or how do you prove that it was fake?
Speaker 2: And you know the fact that because of social media, we've been console conditioned to, you know, believe feelings over facts, like you know, I guess why I was saying yesterday. Feelings aren't facts. Your feelings often lie to you. Your feelings are not a good judge of anything, like you know. And then there's another quote that I've seen where they say, you know, when facts become secondary to emotion, truth dies and a society that doesn't value truth cannot survive. I don't know if y'all know. We haven't valued truth in a long long time. What have I been saying for since I wrote my first book.
Speaker 1: Black Nobody cares about the truth and the lies more attention. That's right, So what does that say? What does that say, especially now with Ai.
Speaker 6: But you know what, people don't care about that statement until it happens to them, right, because the lie is more entertaining. So they they're entertained by what's funny, what makes them laugh, until it happens to them.
Speaker 1: Then it's not funny anymore. Yeah, that's why I laugh at everything. What's the moral of the story.
Speaker 2: The moral of the story is and pray for our good brother Alan Nobverson. Alan Iverson gotta be going through it every time he speaks to somebody.
Speaker 1: AI, it is you. Yeah, this is me. Hang up. I'm not talking to no Ai. You know what I'm saying. Alan Iverson called back. Why you keep hanging up on me?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Why you keep hanging up on me? You notice me?
Speaker 21: It's Ai?
Speaker 1: Click, hang it up again. I ain't talking to no Damn. AI know what I was thinking about though? Do you have the Boden the Biden audio? Can you play the Biden audio more time? When he talks about what if he was actually play it right? What right? Fast?
Speaker 11: Wanting to make sure those cowboys don't stop.
Speaker 6: Talking about the Dallas cowboys, making sure we have to stop the Dallas cowboys and if they don't stop me gonna sign send Fighter Jets to Texas to handle it. How you know you're talking about real cowboys and not the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: What I just say, your feelings often lie to you. Envy's hate for the Dallas Cowboys. His feelings about the Dallas Cowboys is making him overlook the fact that that call is just simply not real, that that audio is simply not real. I'm thinking, but if I tell him right now who he's talking about, the Dallas Cowboys, he'll want to believe it.
Speaker 1: That is the problem, yo.
Speaker 2: That's why in the forty eight laws Power, which I read when I was a teenager, it says pray on people's.
Speaker 1: Need to believe to create a cult like follow up. Because I'm thinking he's from DC. Shut off, DC, shut up. We got past the coming up, so he said, we gotta handle them cowboys. I'm gonna send fighter just to make sure they don't make it to the next runt. All right, this is what I need.
Speaker 2: This is what I need, iHeart, this is what I need. I need a new third co host, and I need an AI DJ. Envy I don't need. I don't need real DJ mv no more. We can just get an AI DJ envy. I can program him and say what I need him to say, and then I need a third co host. Okay, all right, let's talk about that in the next meeting. How about I'm not real, we know this, so let's just get rid of you and your salary into an artificial intelligence envy.
Speaker 1: And get me a real third co host.
Speaker 6: We good, oh man, we got pastor orcs with Nola coming up next.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Owing everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Time for pastors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TJ comes.
Speaker 7: What Mom?
Speaker 1: Hey a t L NYLA y L A t L. You got a light jacket on? You got a T shirt?
Speaker 29: I brought two jackets today. Don't don't sleep the other ones over there with my stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know IFO iut like Atlanta and I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The feathered eyebrows just looking. I think I want to learn hard today. I used to got to be glue. That's okay, And you know where you got that from the guys in Atlanta. Not all the guys look quite a few I've been I'm looking at Browns the whole time. They look good, though, can we get a close up? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 29: Before I'm a excited, I guess we're gonna start with an Atlanta artist since we talk about Atlanta. Of course, they actually played twenty one Savage at their R and B night at Red Martini. It's a fire arm and B night, and I've been trying to DJ there, so I actually get my first start DJ in there this week on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'm excited going back to Atlanta, going.
Speaker 21: Back to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's dead for the next she did for four more weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh really, she's filling in for Jojo on a Big Homie Big homiees and Jojo Jojo.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what are you doing Fridays? What do they do with Friday?
Speaker 29: They're not on Friday. It's mix show, Okay, all right, don't worry, it's all situation anyway, This twenty one Savage album was playing in there, and I thought it was a vibe. So my favorite record off the project is Red Rope.
Speaker 2: They said Violent Crime and Atlanta dropped during twenty twenty three. That's hard for me to believe they're playing Red Run at an R and B at night?
Speaker 1: How would you be playing?
Speaker 29: Played the one where Brett Fairez. But after I heard that one, it made me want to go and.
Speaker 1: Listen to the whole Oh you ain't saying it.
Speaker 29: Also, by the way, the intro to the song is hell of cinematic and R and B is so they could have gone off with that cinematic generation.
Speaker 1: What kind of R and B song? He didn't he read runs clicking.
Speaker 2: Boy, That's why y'all be catching hell with these men in twenty twenty four, because it's because y'all telling them this is this is cinematic romantic guns clicking.
Speaker 1: I thought that Nigga said something.
Speaker 21: With romance.
Speaker 29: But speaking of romance, I think this is a record you guys would be able to appreciate. It's a song by Braxton Cook called Nineties. It's the remixed feature in Joyce, Rice.
Speaker 1: And massego Okay, we like he said, love Me Like the Nineties and even.
Speaker 29: Like the intro of the record, it has an audio clip from the movie Love Joke.
Speaker 1: That's wine. Yeah, love Me Like the Nineties, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 29: Yes, shout out to Braxton Cook for that one. He's actually a saxophone play more musician should drop music. But all right, moving forward, My last record is by Danny Brown. I actually haven't heard from Danny Brown a minute, but one of his videos went viral.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like the PJ.
Speaker 29: Style, remember that anime style PJS. He did a whole video shot like that for his record called Young Black of Poor's Fire.
Speaker 1: Okay fire. I haven't heard from Danny Brown along ass time too.
Speaker 2: Yes to the good brother Danny Brown though, And I just want to say too, man, I'm highly insulted by what of our producers named Eli.
Speaker 21: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: After you yo Ovio Eli, after you played twenty one savage red Rum, he gonna text the group chat talk about red Rum is murder spelled backwards.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, young boy. Okay, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. All right, there's a movie called The Shining that you.
Speaker 9: Might need to watch. That's where red Rum comes from. That movie came out in nineteen eighty. Okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 29: I mean, I'm glad he said that because I didn't realize that y'all did.
Speaker 6: Y'all's a bunch of songs. There's a bunch of rappers that made song called rapper.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they all got it from the shining. I was supposed to know that we're not born in nineteen eighties.
Speaker 9: You're right, but don't text old Gee's in the group chat talking about red Rum is murder.
Speaker 1: You know what you should say, did y'all know red Rum is murdered?
Speaker 2: That I can explain to him?
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew, and now I can give you the education.
Speaker 29: The way it came from, you could say is yes because the body discovered something.
Speaker 1: All right, you know, A shout out to Eli.
Speaker 21: I didn't know, so thank you for informing me.
Speaker 1: I thought the nigga said something, What are you on this morning?
Speaker 21: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: I want you out of y'all? Okay, you got four more weeks to get up out of it.
Speaker 21: I love being in it.
Speaker 29: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 21: I really like being in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You got four more weeks.
Speaker 29: I had to pull my hair back because my hair sweatered out at that party, got drunk, misster flight.
Speaker 2: It was crazy anyway, dancing the twenty one Savage red Rum in the R and B party got I just I told you it wasn't red room anyway.
Speaker 29: Nonetheless, pull up on me at Red Martini next Wednesday. It's actually be Cox Party, but it's a vibe And if you guys having already, rs VP for our next certified Vibe event, which was formerly known as Past the Aux Live, It's going down at the Peppermint Club in LA.
Speaker 21: We're kicking off.
Speaker 29: Grammy Weekend and it's R and B night, so we have a lot of R and B X hit in the stage, such as Jozi Kenyon Dixon, lighton Green.
Speaker 21: There's somebody else I'm missing. We have a bunch of due. Yeah, So RSVP if you.
Speaker 1: Haven't already, all right, well, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I missed you.
Speaker 27: Guys, missed you too. Past the ox n y l A t l E t l n y at l n y l a A t L I like that it's growing on you. No, all right, People's choice mixes up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Salute to Erica Alexander for joining us this morning.
Speaker 7: Man it.
Speaker 2: Salute to the good sister. Erica Alexander one of the most brilliant humans I've ever met in my life. It is a pleasure and a privilege to be a friend and business partner with Eric Alexander.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: She's got so much great material out there. She has a Finding Tamika, which is executive produced by myself and Kevin Hart.
Speaker 1: That's on Audible right now.
Speaker 2: It tells the amazing true story of Tamika Houston, who went missing in South Carolina in the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Man very very very.
Speaker 2: Very very dope project. What you call it a neo newall ghost story, Erica calls it. So check that out. And she has the Big Payback, which is all about why black people deserve reparations. That's on The Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network. But most importantly, go support American Fiction, which is out in theaters right now. She's one of the stars along with Tracy Ellis, Ross Eastern Ray.
Speaker 1: Great film.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, well when we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast the Court. Jefferson too, he wrote American Fiction.
Speaker 6: Hording everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast club, it's time to get up out of here. You got a positive note.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, My positive notice simply this. I want y'all to go and listen to my donkey of the day from the day. I want you all to go listen to the conversation that we had on AI with our listeners, man, and just remember some of these quotes that I was saying. Seeing reality for what it is is what we call discernment, and the work of discernment is very hard. Okay, we're gonna need discernment more than ever in twenty twenty four. But discernment, to me, isn't the hard part at all. In twenty twenty four, with.
Speaker 1: AI being around, seeing reality for what it is, it's gonna be the hard part. I'll have a great weekend. Breakfast club. Bitches, you don't finish for y'all. Done.