Speaker 1: Even did. I said, this is history what you've done.
Speaker 2: What a show up.
Speaker 3: You guys should do a platform that interies. It's the world's most dangerous morning show. Burkes j Nsy.
Speaker 1: Every play by record.
Speaker 2: I made it the God get.
Speaker 4: You laging things that you're liking, your controversial questions with taking a cluck.
Speaker 3: I like that show.
Speaker 5: Expect this clock.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite show.
Speaker 1: Wake dead ass up. Brus Club is on Good Morning Usa. Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo CHARLAMAGNEA got piece to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since Monday, back to the work. We couldn't morning.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Another week to serve, man, another day to serve. Okay, how y'all feeling out there? Hopefully you had a great weekend. It absolutely did, and nobody asked. But I am blessed, black and highly favorite. I was getting my cheer dad on All Weekend.
Speaker 1: Cheer Dad that season back.
Speaker 6: Cheerleading competition though back in season so I was in one of my favorite places in Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: I like Atlantic City, I too.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I've told you this before I go to Atlantic City, and it's just like I get a real peace of mind in Atlantic City. I get a lot of writing done, you know, working on my third book right now, dropping a cluse bomb for me. So I get a lot of writing done, and you know, just get to I don't know it settles my mind. Atlantic City does gamble or anything either. I just you don't gamble when you go No, hell no, I work too hard for more money plus up in fire four times. Okay, I know it feels like a collect unemployment check and playing with my money like that gambling.
Speaker 3: How rich you got to be? The gamble people?
Speaker 1: People go down there dollars, quarters, dimes. I ain't got that kind of heart. Yeah, I don't care right with anxiety. And if I do gamble, it's like a date night. We set a limit, like two hundred dollars and if we lose, we out. If we're getting forty dollars, we leave. It's just I'm not.
Speaker 3: Like I like watching it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like I'm the type of person I can I can sit around and spectate and watch people do it. And it's not like I haven't done it. I'm just not that type of person that I have to go do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen people lose big money, like a lot of money in there. Ever since I seen that, I just was like, Nah, that's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Be God bless them in the wealthy waist.
Speaker 1: I'd rather use it for something else. But yeah, it is that season, cheer Dad season or dance Dad season. My daughter starts this weekend. When it comes to the dance and it's serious. If you don't know what we're talking about, just imagine being in the place for six hours maybe seven and your daughter might dance twice.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we go home. I mean I go home, but we go back to the hotel, go back to the hotel. Hell yeah, got my daughter on two teams. So you know, I got it. I got it down to a science. Now, yeah, but I got it down to.
Speaker 1: A science because sometimes well we don't go back, but sometimes you gotta go in the hall. You sit there, you watch the game, and it's always it seems like it's always on Sunday when the games are. This just seems like that's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mind was Saturday and Sunday I still have to watch the game. So I saw the Texas Ravens game. I saw the package forty nine Ers game, I saw the Lion's Bunk games. I saw all the games this weekend we're talking about. Yeah, that's pretty much all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shout salute to all the dance cheer dance out there.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, cheer dad, big chid Dad game you hit me dropping the cous bond fall of Chad Dad. We'd be proud too if you were having all our T shirts. You know what I'm saying. We see each other, we already know the energy that we both on.
Speaker 1: You don't know the routines though, No, I don't know the reason I know the routines. You are a lot of old.
Speaker 6: School hip hop nowadays at the chair dance competitions, like one of my daughter's teams uses a Koja's mama said knock you out.
Speaker 3: And even when they were doing the awards yesterday, they.
Speaker 6: Were playing Victory from Diddy and Victoria's Big and Buster rhyme. So it's just like this is always interesting to see how how much hip hop is.
Speaker 1: Transit Oh absolutely, oh absolutely same with dance that they get every last move from hip hop. But let's get the show cracking front page news. We got Tesla's figure rolls should tell you what's going on. We'll give you all the scores if you missed it over the week and a lot of great games.
Speaker 3: It's a breakfast clunk.
Speaker 1: Come morning morning, everybody in Steve j n V. Charlamagne the gud we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: And I wonder to it. Nicki Minaja knows how big she is in the chier world.
Speaker 6: I'm shitting like you hear a moment for life at all the cheera you hit us, everybody, Janet, all the cheerleading competitions, like all cheer teams around the world, play a lot of Nicki Mina absolutely absolutely morning tis morning.
Speaker 7: I am a cheer mom. Don't forget about the cheer moms in the house. So shout out to you cheer Dad's.
Speaker 1: Absolute, to all the chair moms. And let's get in some front page news or sort off with sports. The Ravens beat the Texans thirty four to ten. The Buccaneers lost to the Line thirty one twenty three. Congratulations Detroit. The Chiefs beat the Bills twenty seven to twenty four, and the forty nine Ers beat the Packers twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna see Detroit Ravens Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's what I believe.
Speaker 6: And I'm rooting for the rooting for the Ravens to beat the Chiefs because we cannot have the Kansas City Swifties in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's what they've been saying. They've been saying that the NFL has been pushing this whole Chiefs thing and they want Taylor Swift. They at the Super Bowl. They say to bring more ratings, they'll bring more people to take it to be higher priced because then people would love to come see Taylor Swift. So people are saying it's gonna be the Chiefs in the line.
Speaker 6: Listen, Lamar and the Ravens man, don't leave it up to chance this weekend.
Speaker 3: Don't leave it up to the referees.
Speaker 6: Go out there and bust Kansas City's ass, because I promise you, if it's closed, the referee is going cheat for the Kansas City Swifties. Justin Taylor Swift can be in the super Bowl. We can't have that. Okay, Ravens line super Bowl is what I see. But I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan. And I saw us in the Super Bowl for the past twenty nine years, so don't listen to me.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: What else we got chays? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Are y'all gonna go for Detroit by default? If George goes with Suo.
Speaker 1: No, I don't go.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't go with anybody. I just enjoyed a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, right, I'll come to DeSantis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, DeSantis, Florida Governor Desanta's is out. I don't think anybody in the room is surprised, but he did drop out of the race.
Speaker 5: Let's take a list and let's go to CBS for the report.
Speaker 8: Ron DeSantis has just announced that he is no longer running for president. In a video posted on Extrous moments ago, DeSantis endorsed but grudgingly, former President Trump, previously his chief rival for the White House. DeSantis is announced when it comes after he came in second in the Iowa caucuses, but still substantially behind Trump. With his campaign officially over now, NICKI Haley remains Trump's only competition in the race for the Republican nomination.
Speaker 3: Well, de Santa's campaign sucked. I mean he had a splock when he started, but you know now he's just garbage. This is what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he figured he bet he'd better get out now instead of lose tomorrow night in New Hampshire primary is tomorrow night. Now, he made some remarks saying he'll be endorsing Trump. I don't know what type of weight that bring, but he did say he endorse in Trump, and he threw a dig at Nicki Haley.
Speaker 5: Take a listen.
Speaker 9: Clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance. They watch his presidency get stymied by relentless resistance, and they see Democrats using lawfair this day to attack him. Wife had disagreements with Donald Trump, such as on the coronavirus pandemic and his elevation of Anthony Fauci. Trump is superior to the current incumbent Joe Biden. That is clear. I signed a pledge to support the Republican nominee and I will honor that pledge. Yes, my endorsement because we can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackage formed of warmed over corporatism that Nicky Haley represents.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't believe these people thought folks would still be supporting Trump the way they are. You know, Trump hadn't won anything since twenty sixteen, so between that and you know, the ninety one criminal charges and two impeachments, they probably thought people was going to fall back from Trump.
Speaker 1: But nope, clearly they have. It didn't happen.
Speaker 7: They learned that people are riding with Trump no matter what Nicki Haley was asked about. You just heard the Santa say that she was warmed over corporatism. So they asked her about this, and this is what she had to say in response.
Speaker 3: You know, and that's interesting because there's no proof to that.
Speaker 10: These fellas say this because they want people to believe it. But what's amazing to me is they think they can lie to the American people, and the American people are going to believe it. Prove it, Prove one thing that they've said. Prove the fact that Donald Trump says I want to cut Social Security or raise the age, I've never said that. Proved the fact that Donald Trump says I want to raise gas axes. I've never said that or done that. Proved that Ronda Santa says that I'm a corporate whatever he says, I am, I've never done that. I was in South Carolina. We fought for the people every day. There's a reason that you don't see the legislature lining up behind me in South Carolina.
Speaker 6: I mean, which one of these politicians aren't controlled by big donors?
Speaker 3: Though, I'm saying, what are we saying?
Speaker 6: Like which one of these politicians Democrat are Republican are controlled by big donors?
Speaker 7: Guess how I words in that speaking of South Carolina or South Carolina brother Tam Scott, who was appointed by NICKI Haley, by the way, that's how he got in the seat. He decided to endorse Donald Trump, and he talked about being.
Speaker 5: Sick and tired. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 11: He need a president who understands the American people are sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Speaker 1: That sounded like a skit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, none of this is as I mean, it's not surprising to see timstt to doing. Somebody just want to know how Timscott's you know, can't channel any black pasta at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, how you from South Carolina?
Speaker 6: And I would think he was in and out of black church in your whole life, and you can't channel that.
Speaker 3: He tried the old black pastor not a lick.
Speaker 6: A black pasta was in senior to Timsky.
Speaker 1: Even you can't say.
Speaker 3: I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Speaker 11: The president who understands the American people are sick and tired of being sick and tire.
Speaker 6: Take that back to the kitchen. Take it back to the kitchen. Ain't no season and on, and it ain't cooked the way I wanted it. I asked the medium, Well you bought it, damn there raw take it. Take it back, please take it back all right?
Speaker 3: That you know.
Speaker 6: The other problem with the Republicans is that none of them seem to be running against Trump, like with the exception of Chris Christy and now Nikki Hell because you don't got no choice.
Speaker 3: None of them were going against Trump like.
Speaker 6: You can look at the numbers in Iowa and see that about half Republicans in Iowa voted against Trump's So clearly there are some Republicans looking for something different. But all these folks want to be Trump's lackey. I can't look at you as a leader if you want to be a lackey.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is front page news. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open. Let us know how your weekend was, what you did, or maybe your favorite team won or lost, whatever it may be, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. The Breakfast Club today is if your time to get it off.
Speaker 12: Your chest, whether you're man or blessed, time to get up and get something, call him now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey MV.
Speaker 14: This is Derek from Jersey.
Speaker 1: Again, Derek from Jersey. Whatever, get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 15: Brother?
Speaker 14: How the bless what's called doing? How y'all brother's doing?
Speaker 3: King can't complain yo, peace?
Speaker 16: King?
Speaker 14: Uh Uncle Charla Leonard, I have.
Speaker 3: A question for you.
Speaker 14: So you said that you were gonna give Donkey of the Day to Jerry Jones if he didn't get Bill Belichick as a coach as for the Dallas Cowboys, and they decided to stick with.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy don't remind me.
Speaker 14: So I'm waiting on the donkey of the day to Jerry Jones for not bringing in another coach to replace Mike McCarty.
Speaker 3: Well, I gave him donky other day. I mean I said that during Donkey of the Day. I gave it to Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Derek wants another one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he needs to know you know, why say that?
Speaker 16: ND? No?
Speaker 14: Why said that?
Speaker 11: MD?
Speaker 14: Because he said if Jerry Jones didn't get Bill Belichick for the coach of the Cowboys, he was gonna give him another Donkey of the day. That's in the donkey that he said. But he gave him the initial.
Speaker 3: Donki of the day.
Speaker 6: Give me when I get the energy to do it. I'm a little distract I'm a little distraught right now. I get when I get the energy to do it, I will do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Derek.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother? Get off your chest?
Speaker 3: He said, doctor chalk chalk and omens. Yeah.
Speaker 14: From and I love all the money boys in the NFC, but we didn't.
Speaker 17: That's the old my life money.
Speaker 6: I can't understand the word you're saying. Brother, you sounds like you drunks. Learn your words. This morning, all I heard was something about the Dallas Cowboys in the forty nine, and I think he said that he wanted to play us in the NFC Championship.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 1: I think he said his forty nine it's better than your cowboys. That's what I think I.
Speaker 3: Mean, dude, that's that's obvious pretty much.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: So I called Friday.
Speaker 9: I couldn't make it through.
Speaker 7: But Friday was my birthday.
Speaker 6: Oh, happy belady, Happy, belated you. What'd you do for the weekend? You did anything good? Anything fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I want to go eat dinner. I used some seafood with my in laws because my mother in law.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Where where right?
Speaker 1: Where you from from?
Speaker 17: Houston?
Speaker 1: Houston? Where'd you go? Where y'all eat?
Speaker 3: Treil Berger?
Speaker 19: Captain Brad?
Speaker 3: Oh captain Brad? Okay, well, only go to trail Berger.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was fraiding seafood.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, tea food?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: Happy but lady, and I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. Thank God for another year of life.
Speaker 20: Absolutely definitely, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a good one, have a good week. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent and hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ray right, ray yo, Charla man Davie, what up are we lost?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 22: Here'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: Go home?
Speaker 1: Watchchacter, Hey, Tomika, Get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 13: Okay, good morning there, and be Charmaine. I'm a fan. I just wanted to get off my chest to the fact that I did nothing. And now I'm broken up with the boyfriend that I've been on for three years because his girlfriend, his side girlfriend, thinks that I'm her stalker.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, his side girlfriend, did you stalker? All right, explain this to me a little bit more now, So okay, okay.
Speaker 13: So I've been with this boy for like almost three years, okay, And when I came out of my relationship, he came out of his relationship for a long time, and he still wanted to explore and all that, and we didn't know what we was. So he told me like, oh, I'm talking to this one, I'm talking to that one and talking that one.
Speaker 17: So it's like, okay, whatever.
Speaker 13: But Tom had passed and he has started moving his stuff into my apartment and we started established didn't think I worked for the city. I put him on my assurance. We started establishing an't making plans. I didn't realize how strong of a connection he was making the other girls. But then he comes to me one day and tells me that's the other girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I've heard enough, so you're not his only girl.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not his only girl.
Speaker 3: No, okay, So what are you calling her to ask?
Speaker 1: But she's upset because she put him on insurance.
Speaker 2: It was serious.
Speaker 13: I wasn't asking anything.
Speaker 3: Oh you just you're just mad at yourself for being stupid. Hey, yes, how old are you?
Speaker 13: Thirty four?
Speaker 1: Thirty four years old? How many girls had this man got?
Speaker 18: Who knows how many east infections have you had?
Speaker 6: Since your pH balance is always all stop it?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I understand though, because you put him on insurance, he moved in. You thought it was more serious than it was and he was still playing the field. Well see see, I want to tell you that that you know you can do better.
Speaker 13: That's not the part that I'm matter. The part that I'm not at is that i have nothing to do with his other relationships, and I'm being accused of being a random girl's sofa.
Speaker 5: Why would you do you notice?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: Why would you even care? You shouldn't even speak.
Speaker 3: Why would even care?
Speaker 17: This is what I think.
Speaker 24: You ever been a que of something.
Speaker 13: Who absolutely did not do yes and just get frustrated.
Speaker 17: But then he's also super released.
Speaker 13: Because it's like you never trust in the beginning, but it's just super fucking fusing.
Speaker 6: Stops understand your upset, but stop cursing, but understand that the truth don't need no defense and it only needs witnesses. So as long as you know the truth, that's the most important thing. But the truth is you just wanted this man's holes. Now you need to ask yourself, do you just want to be one of this man's holes or do you want to be more to somebody? Because if you want to be more to somebody, then you need to go find that somebody because it's not gonna be with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry you went through that, Mama, but take what you went through it.
Speaker 18: He's still going to it now, take him off. She ain't gonna do nothing's still on the insurance.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who that's talking to you in the background.
Speaker 17: Nobody, that's on the radio.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, you just another one of his holes. Man.
Speaker 6: And and you know, I think that you deserve better than that. But you know, he did keep it one honey with you from the beginning. It's not like he lied to year.
Speaker 1: He didn't lie. And y'all didn't have a conversation. You just assumed because he moved in. But that was not a great assumption, obviously.
Speaker 6: And I know it's hard. I know it's hard. Three four years of raw sex. Three you know what I'm saying, him blowing in your bookie, I know it. I know it got you a little open, man, but you know you deserve better.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Mama.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: Damn man, she's to take him off in shuranger right now, you know, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the event, you can hit us up now when we come back. We got your room and report we got to tell you about Dave Chappelle. Well he went in on Cat Williams with discuss when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody. It's dj n V, Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk, Cat Williams, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Some call it gossip, gossip, gossip, some call it. We call it with.
Speaker 1: The child the GETT.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do this anymore. We not making to see anything. This ain't gonna happen. I'm trying to make fetch happen till no, it ain't happening. It ain't gonna be no cn E with the T no, okay, I'm tired of doing rumors. I don't even know why you're with your time. You know that ro was fantastic. I don't even know why you're with your time doing that. It ain't gonna be no c and E with no damn te.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, this, this this rumor thing is numbered.
Speaker 3: Like I'm gonna have my tea this morning, though, let me ginger, honey.
Speaker 1: Well, let's jump into it. So Cat Williams is back in the news. Of course, Saturday Night Live did a skit over the weekend where they redid the infamous interview.
Speaker 19: With over fifty million views. It was the conversation that broke the Internet.
Speaker 1: Cat, That's the truth Shannon.
Speaker 19: Shannon Shark on the Club Shape Shank Interviews. Why Cat who He's keeping it completely real?
Speaker 1: Three things are true about me.
Speaker 7: I am five three, I have never told a lie, and I am six three.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't mess with Barack Obama.
Speaker 7: I don't trust nobody.
Speaker 1: Who name is all vowels? Why my mouth gott to be open so long?
Speaker 3: You know his slogan, Yes we can.
Speaker 1: I came up with that before me.
Speaker 7: He was saying probably probably, I think we might go on.
Speaker 6: Yes, pretty funny, pretty good on this sketch, I didn't I didn't get a chance to see who's that in this sketch.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it either.
Speaker 3: I know it was a ego played Cat who was playing Shannon? I don't know was that Keenan that was?
Speaker 1: Who was it? Oh, Devil Walker plays Shannon Shark? Okay, okay, Well slew to them, Yes, absolutely and also well. Dave Chappelle responded to Kat Williams and said he didn't like the fact that he was going at only comedians.
Speaker 25: He didn't say anything by these white boys, and none of these white boys coat somebody there. I can't it is one of the best manus on the game. Shot and can't hurt people. Hurt people, but I haven't hurt person. They never hurt people. And he does it all the time this morning, this one. Anything that you did wrong.
Speaker 1: You didn't another wrong. I'm gonna bring the fat guy. Can't don't he cat was talking.
Speaker 3: The other dues, but not about anything to him.
Speaker 1: If I told my story, it would.
Speaker 11: Break your heart.
Speaker 25: I lost everything and ever effort told one anybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, Dave not wrong. I said the same thing. I said something very similar.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna call out the power structure in Hollywood, don't go after, in your words, the puppets. Call out the folks pulling the strings. Don't call out the planters. Call out the people who are doing the planting. Like you can't have any conversation about power in the entertainment industry and not talk about white folks. So, if you really want to shake the room, and you think that it's a real problem in the industry. You start at the top, you start at the head. Calling out a bunch of your peers does nothing but make you to talk of the worldwide nigga neet.
Speaker 3: But don't listen to me because I'm a plant.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Also, Jennifer Hudson, she talks. A couple of months ago, she talked about a relationship and it was kind of like the secret relationship that everybody knows about now if you don't remember, she had a conversation with Gail King on CBS Mornings and they were talking about this relationship but did not say the young man's name personally.
Speaker 5: It's Jennifer doing well. We're on the street as you're very happy.
Speaker 1: I am very very nice relationship, yes, ma'am with someone who shall remain nameless, So you up, boot up.
Speaker 5: I think it's more sophisticated than.
Speaker 1: Okay relationship situations. It's not an entanglement, That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Definitely, that's sure.
Speaker 1: Well, today on the show, it seems like her Boo Common will be on there and here's a teas that they've been putting out all weekend.
Speaker 7: Now we gotta get down to businesses to come and I'm a host, and so I have to ask you this question because everybody always want to know this.
Speaker 5: Are you dating anyone?
Speaker 23: Yes, And I'm in a relationship that is one of the most beautiful people I ever met in life. She's she's smart, she loves God, she has something real, down to earth about her. She's talented. But but I said, I set my standard kind of hoigh because she had to have an e got.
Speaker 16: She she she she had to win and Oscar on her first movie.
Speaker 3: I said my standard. She had to get her own talk show. Oh okay, So is that the first time we've heard common claim a woman publicly?
Speaker 24: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think about it.
Speaker 1: He's out and about what Rikabat do when they were dating back in the day, since Erica No Serena, yeaes serena he was. I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: I'm after a question.
Speaker 24: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, he'll be on her show today.
Speaker 3: What time is this?
Speaker 6: That's why we ain't got no tea. That's why we can't be given out no ta because we ain't.
Speaker 1: Got he got no tea. And lastly, Alec Baldwin is indicted again on involuntary manslaughter charges. Now I'm really confused with this if you don't know what happened. They were shooting a movie. Uh, the gun was supposed to have no bullets in it, and there was a scene where a gun the gun discharged and killed a person.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're saying at one time that the charges would drop, but then when the prosecutors dropped the charges, they said that they reserved the right to recharge him. And now it looks like they're charging.
Speaker 26: Alec Baldwin once again facing involuntary manslaughter charges for his handling of a gun on the set of the movie Rust that killed cinematographer Helena Hutchins. A New Mexico grand jury says the actor had total disregard or difference for the safety of others. The indictment comes one year after he was initially charged. That charge dismissed last April. Baldwin has always maintained his innocence, beginning in his first meeting with investigators. At first, the FBI concluded that the gun could not have gone off accidentally, but the weapon was later re examined with replacement parts.
Speaker 27: The defense will definitely have experts to say this gun is not the gun that was the original gun.
Speaker 7: The original gun was.
Speaker 16: So old that it fell apart when it was time for analysis.
Speaker 26: Baldwin in a statement saying, we look forward to our day in court.
Speaker 6: To me, I just be feeling like this case is ridiculous. I don't see how these chaws with a crime like who loaded the gun with real animal?
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be a prop gun. It gun not supposed to have ammunition. Now, when you're on set, you're not. And this is when I did my part of East New York, so that's how I exactly. No, you're not allowed to point the gun at anybody, So if you really really look, they point the gun away from some Your finger is not supposed to be on the trigger. But these, I think all these rules and regulations came after this shooting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but this should have never been a real gun on this set. If it was a real gun, it definitely shouldn't have had real ammo in it. And you know, why would he, as an actor who's been acting for a long time, believe there was real ammo in the gun?
Speaker 3: Now, the only thing I can think of is what you just said.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't have been pointing the gun in anybody faker otherwise, what is that against the law?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 3: Or that just like an unwritten rule on movie.
Speaker 1: Sets, and this has been written rule, especially for insurance. But like I said, there is somebody on set that monitors that. Like when when when shout to East New York, I'm so mad that they took the East New York off, But when I did the East New York show, there's somebody that monitors how you hold the gun where the gun is supposed to be pointing. They checked the gun. They make the actors check the gun like it's a rigorous sessing that check.
Speaker 6: That shouldn't even be the actor's job, Like why is that the actor's job to check the gun? Like somebody dropped the ball here and I don't think it's Alec ball now. I just think that you know, when you you got a loaded gun on on set with real ammo, like that's an accident that should have never happened. Yeah, Like whoever loaded that gun, that real gun and bought it on set? That is the person I feel like should be charged absolutely, Why and why is did that person charge? Why didn't the are they I've.
Speaker 1: Heard that the person to charge as well, yeah, okay, absolutely, okay, all right, well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, Teslin Figuo has front page news. Don't move anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Go morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlemagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 5: What up tis what's going on? DJ mb Charlemagne the guy.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's jump right into it. Some quick sports. The Ravens beat the Texas thirty four to ten, The Lions beat the Bucks thirty one, twenty three, forty nine has beat the Pack of twenty four to twenty one, and the Chiefs beat the Bills twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: We need a Lion's Ravens super Bowl, That's what I'm predicting. And the Ravens have to go out there and beat the Chiefs soundly this weekend because if it's close, the referees are absolutely positively gonna try to make it to where the Kansas City Swifties are in the Super Bowl. And we can't have that because I can't take a million different shots to Taylor Swift you know, at the super Bowl, and I don't That's why I don't say why everybody got so mad.
Speaker 1: At Joe Coy.
Speaker 6: Once again, what Joe Cooy said was absolutely on points right. You know what I'm saying all the NFL does every time Travis Kelsey catched the ball in any way, shape or for him, they flash to the Kelsey sweep and you see Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I don't need that personally.
Speaker 1: Well, they're saying that the Buffalo Bills cut off the hot water when the game is over after they lost, so that the Chiefs players would have to take a coach shout sore losers.
Speaker 3: Damn man.
Speaker 6: By the way, Johnson Allen is not that guy. And he's a good he's a good he's a good quarterback. He's a solid quarterback. And you know what's so funny, But I had people texting me when the Ravens were playing and they were saying, if Lamar Jackson doesn't get it done tonight, you know we're gonna have to start putting Lamar Jackson in the scrub cattle. That's what people were saying to me. Scrubb though, that's what they were saying because he doesn't get it done in the playoffs, y'all to say the same thing about Josh Allen. Josh Allen don getting done in the playoffs either. He's a good quarterback, but he ain't got no magic at least I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into front page dud. Let's start off with these Karens.
Speaker 5: Kil Let's start off with the Kars, black and brown brothers. Listen up.
Speaker 7: Florida Republican Representative Mac Gates has a message for you. He says he believes that President Donald Trump has attracted a more diverse coalition to the Republican Party, even as the GOP continues to lose support from white women.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 15: This is the blue collar realignment of the Republican Party. And what I could tell you is like, for every Karen we lose, there's a there's a Julio and a Jamal ready to sign up for the MAGA movement, and that avodes well for our ability to be more diverse and to be more durable as we had into not only the rest of the primary contests but also the general election.
Speaker 3: Damn, I mean, what did he say? Wrong?
Speaker 16: People?
Speaker 6: More people of color and they call them our voting Republican. I mean, it's nothing to overstate, but there is some truth to it.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 3: It's black people, black and brown people.
Speaker 5: Could he just said black and brown?
Speaker 1: Know who he said?
Speaker 12: Karen?
Speaker 1: Karen ain't Karen ain't their name?
Speaker 5: You said be fair across the stairs, right, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Being fair across the bay. You called the white woman Karen. You called the latinos Juliola Na.
Speaker 1: Jama is considered a Karen. They don't like that either, though. That's our name. To get Jamal from, I don't know you get wholo from? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jamie Man, you called it all across the ball We focusing on the wrong things. Well, we should be focusing on in the fact that Karen's shouldn't have voted for Donald Trump in the first place. When you look at all the Karens who voted for Donald Trump in twenty sixteen over another Karen Karen Clinton, right, you know, it tells.
Speaker 3: You a lot.
Speaker 1: But Jamal shouldn't. Definitely not Julio.
Speaker 3: I mean, Julio and Jamal might feel like they voting their interest. That's on them.
Speaker 6: I don't, you know, I don't, I don't. I don't judge nobody for who they decided to the vote on.
Speaker 5: Representative Jamal Bowman disagrees, So we'll see. But that was really interesting.
Speaker 7: Let's just talk just a little bit about why the Karens have left. I just want to give some people some facts.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and eighty, yeah, well it started. It's been a pal on.
Speaker 7: So in twenty eighteen, before the Roby Wade, fifty three percent of suburban white women voted for Democrats. In twenty eighteen, that was up forty seven percent in twenty fourteen, and then in twenty sixteen U fifty one percent voted. And then in twenty twenty Biden won fifty four percent of white women. So the polls indicated that they've been slowly drifting off, and then once they experienced Donald Trump in real time as president, he lost more white women.
Speaker 5: And then now Roe versus Way definitely.
Speaker 7: Was the I guess the nail and the coffin as you would like to call it, on why suburban white women are leaving the Republican parties.
Speaker 6: All I know is white women don't never get to blame and the reality is white women that are reading that Hillary Clinton lost. Fifty three percent of white women voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. So I don't understand how come, you know, when when black people always show up, you still get to blame if y'are if.
Speaker 1: He don't win as black people for he don't black people.
Speaker 6: But if when somebody loses, nobody says it's the white women's fault.
Speaker 3: And then twenty sixteen year was absolutely the white women.
Speaker 5: Yep, absolutely was all right.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this Kansas couple round real fast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kansas couple willing to kind of lay up with a dead body for dead presidents.
Speaker 5: This was a crazy story.
Speaker 7: Kansas couple has been charged with collecting more than two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars of retirement benefits of a dead relative that they concealed inside their home for six years.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 7: Authorlready say Mike Carroll's pacemaker, that's the guy who died, showed that he died in twenty sixteen at age eighty one, but the police did not discover his body until twenty twenty two, after his son in law called the police to report his death in the Kansas City suburb and prosecutor say that Lynn Ritter and herk Ritter, both sixty one, continued depositing and spending from Krol's bank account while his body became mummified on a bed in a home that he owned. Family members said that they were repeatedly asked you know where he was, and they were getting excuses, never take a phone call, wouldn't accept any visits. The couple is due to appear in federal court to face several charges on February second.
Speaker 3: Oh, so the dead body was in another house. Now another room, It.
Speaker 7: Seemed like, yeah, Well, it said that they concealed it was in the bed, So maybe it was in another house or maybe It's not really that clear to me whether it was with them or not.
Speaker 5: But it said it was in the bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if it was in the same house. How stink is this Kansas couple? I think, is this Kansas couple that they were able to live with this dead body for six years? You know how stink your house has to be, how stink you have to be in order for you to have a dead body in there and it not bother you in any way shape or for him.
Speaker 7: Well, and let me read it clearly, because it says behalf of a dead relative while they concealed his body inside their homes, said their home.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting.
Speaker 6: They must have never had no company over never, and if they did, the company must have been must have been used to them.
Speaker 3: Thinking that's what I'm telling you. That house had to already stink.
Speaker 6: The people had already stink in order for that dead body just to come in and blend in with the ambiance that already exists.
Speaker 1: Could you think about it? Over five years of no family member speaking to this person.
Speaker 5: Right, that's off for two fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So mm all right, well that is guess what race it is? No Caucasian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna go cau Caucay White, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Caucasian, Kansas. Yeah, I'm gonna go Caucasian.
Speaker 1: But no problem.
Speaker 6: And make sure you follow at Teslin Figure on all social media platforms and subscribe the Teslin Figure's podcast is Great Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Back iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 1: All right, now, this morning during Get It Off Your Chest, a young lady called and she was upset. She said that she broke up with her boyfriend, and now she's being accused of being a stalker to his side. Check. I didn't hear her say she broke up with him, Yes she did, she said they broke up.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that part.
Speaker 1: Yes, she said they broke up, and she was being accused of stalking the new side chick. But she said she put this man on his on her insurance. She moved the gentleman into his house, and you know, she thought it was more serious than it was, and she was.
Speaker 3: Willingly just one of his holes.
Speaker 6: Now here's the thing about this call, right, this is two men talking to a woman telling her how stupid she is. I think we need to have some women calling, you know, and talk to her and tell her how stupid she is.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, what's the dumbest thing you did for love? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. She put this man on insurance, She moved the man in and it was nothing but dating. He never said he committed. He just said we gonna You told her from the beginning, you just wanted my hoss, he said, yo.
Speaker 3: He said like that. He had to say he was thinking it.
Speaker 1: But eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What's the dumbest thing you did for love? Let's discuss. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 28: Call eight hundred and five eight five five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast club mourning.
Speaker 1: Everybody in cj Envy Charlemagne to God. We are the breakfast club. Now he's just joining us. We're asking what's the dumbest thing you did for love? Right now? This conversation comes out of a young lady that called earlier to Amika. She said that she was dating this guy. You know, she put him on her health insurance, moved.
Speaker 6: And she was just being dumb man. She was dematized. Okay, she's been sleeping with this man for three years. The man told her from the beginning, he had a whole bunch of other women. And now she's upset because one of those other women is calling her a stalker, and she's trying to say, no, I was the dumb hold.
Speaker 3: I was here first.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Tomika.
Speaker 13: His side girlfriend thinks that I'm her stalker.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, his side girlfriend, you lost the stalker with this.
Speaker 13: Boy for like almost three years. When I came out of my relationship. He came out of his relationship. So he told me like, oh, I'm talking to this one, I'm talking to that one. So it's like, okay, whatever. So Tom has passed and he has started moving his stuff into my apartment and we started imshuldn't thinks I worked for the city. I put him on my assurance.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I've heard enough. So you're not his only girl.
Speaker 17: No, I'm not his only girl.
Speaker 3: No, Oh, you just you're just mad at yourself for being stupid. Hey, yeah, how old are you?
Speaker 13: Thirty four?
Speaker 6: Thirty four years old? How many girls does this man got? Who knows thirty four is too old to be that stupid? Now here's the thing. This man never made a commitment to this one. He did not ever, you know, he moved in with her. She put him on the insurance. He still let her know. I got other women out here, Oh, somebody who don't want you to be nothing but ass.
Speaker 1: Well, we have Mina on the line, Mina, good morning, good morning. I mean, now tell us your situation, Mina.
Speaker 20: I'm going there. So the stupides thing I've done for love is let a guy use my car he was supposed to be taking his mom to the hospital for surgery and patient and I found out be a snap pat that he actually took my car in Vegas.
Speaker 1: He took your car away to Vegas. Where do you live?
Speaker 17: I lived in South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Hold on, he drove from South Carolina to Vegas.
Speaker 20: No, I wanted to live in South Carolina at that time.
Speaker 13: I was living in Texas.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he did take my car Vegas.
Speaker 1: How long is that rot?
Speaker 20: I've actually never gone to Vegas myself.
Speaker 3: What kind of car you got?
Speaker 20: I had a Camaro at the time.
Speaker 3: Also, he took that Camaro. He took that Camaro for.
Speaker 20: And that was you know, they were a little cooler back here.
Speaker 6: Well, actually you're not the one who was stupid, though, because he lied to you. He manipulated you. He told you he was taking his mom somewhere. Yeah, if not, like he said, hey, I'm going to Vegas and you gave him the keys.
Speaker 20: But the ran flag was that he didn't have a car that is on to take his mom.
Speaker 3: Well you might have been trying to you know, you might have been. He wasn't on his feature.
Speaker 1: But how old was he at that time?
Speaker 13: When he's seven.
Speaker 3: So what happened? Tell me he got to Vegas and then.
Speaker 1: What he posted on snapchack snappag And what did you do? You still with him?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 20: No, no, no, we definitely broke up while he was still in Vegas. I was requested my car dag. So my car didn't get back, no damage anything.
Speaker 27: So I was happy for that.
Speaker 3: Did he bring that? Did he bring it back with gas in it? At least?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 17: I don't even remember. Probably not good.
Speaker 1: And that's a fifteen and that's a fifteen hour drive me fifteen hours he drove your car? He got there.
Speaker 20: I called him sapsag.
Speaker 17: He was a Vegas What a legend.
Speaker 1: Fifteen hours there, fifteen hours back. How many miles he put on that car?
Speaker 3: What a legend.
Speaker 1: He's gonna need an oil chase, new ties and all a legend. Hello, who's this bag? Hey broke? Good morning. We're talking about what's the dumbest thing you did?
Speaker 3: For love?
Speaker 17: I was just the lovels.
Speaker 2: I was with this guy.
Speaker 7: He's just my boyfriend, and I was out with my friend.
Speaker 24: He called me from jail and I'm like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you in there for?
Speaker 20: I'm looking up when he told me domestic Viola. I'm like, what do you mean, miss, don't you know? He said, went to another girlhouse and beat her up because on me with her and my junk behind got him out.
Speaker 12: Dumb dum, dumb, so dumb dumb you he beat up the girl. We need to recap and we just hurt her, and then you bailed him.
Speaker 1: Out, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Young dumb you know what?
Speaker 1: Well, at least you know, Jesus Christ. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you got I'm glad you can.
Speaker 1: Laugh at it now she can laugh at it.
Speaker 3: That was dumb.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred, that was beyond dumb. About eighty five that like, that's the kind of dumb that makes you smart. For three some mistake you did for love, Jesus Christ. Let's talk about it. It's the breakfast clog.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 12: Let's say if.
Speaker 3: You're all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 28: It's tough time called eight hundred five eighty five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's j N. V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about what's the dumbest thing you did for love. This conversation comes from getting off your chest. A young lady called and said that she met this dude. She moved him in the crib, she put him on her insurance, and you know, he was messing around with everything else out there. So she feels dumb. So we're asking, what's the dumbest thing you did for love?
Speaker 3: Donna?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning? Hey, what's the dumbest thing you did for love?
Speaker 2: The dumbest thing I did for.
Speaker 7: Love was forgive my baby daddy for having a baby on me, and he wouldn't have had another baby on me.
Speaker 3: How many babies he had on you? Total?
Speaker 25: Too?
Speaker 3: Wow? Okay with the same woman, no differ, Homer, what a legend. Where are you from for the legend?
Speaker 1: Legend?
Speaker 2: Columbus, Georgia?
Speaker 3: Okay, where he at now? On child support the whole?
Speaker 6: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: He was a good dad.
Speaker 2: Now he's not on South Sport. But he also had a baby on her when he got with her. Yeah, I love the baby on her.
Speaker 1: Baby Mama's he got total kind of like six, kind.
Speaker 3: Of like six? What you mean kind of like six?
Speaker 1: What is kind of like one of them?
Speaker 3: Is one of them? Transitioning so you can't call them a baby.
Speaker 2: I'm number one. I'm number one. I had four kids.
Speaker 3: Oh you have four yep? Okay, well you got it out early. I can't really call you dumb. Dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it out early and got it out of my system quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to take something of shallow man right here. You need to be a little more sistan when of these people be calling in. You don't know what that girl were going through. You asked about pH balance and all that.
Speaker 3: What you mean that's a valid question.
Speaker 6: She was that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure you cheated on your wife before she became your wife.
Speaker 1: What I got to do it anything?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So I feel a little bit more sense than the people feeling.
Speaker 6: I'm just asking questions. Okay, your pa, I bet you yours was off too when when he started creeping around with other women.
Speaker 2: Right, And I bet your wife was off when you were around one.
Speaker 3: To see you keep trying to deflect.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not I'm not deflecting.
Speaker 2: I'm just giving it back the way you give me.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I'm just letting y'all know if the pings balance a little office, probably because the man out here sleeping around with a bunch of different women.
Speaker 1: Am I lyon?
Speaker 20: And you probably right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I.
Speaker 2: Said, you don't know what home lever state? Well is he going through a lot?
Speaker 1: Okay, everything ain't gotta be ki.
Speaker 6: Y'all got to learn to laugh at yourself. Okay, now you're gonna beat yourself up and be feeling stupid.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 20: Hello?
Speaker 17: This is Shameela calling from Virginia.
Speaker 1: Hey, Shanella from Vie with Park.
Speaker 17: I'm in Richmond, but I'm from Brooklyn bedside.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well we're talking about the dumbest thing you've did for love.
Speaker 17: So the dumbest thing I did for love was I was transitioned to move to BA with this guy who had a really bad gibbling problem. So she gaslighting me the whole time, like, oh, we're just talking. I'm not ready for a relationship yet. As soon as I told him how much I got from my income, tex he was like he called me one night and he like I was thinking about it, and I love you. I feel the same way you do. You know, you want to help you. You want me to be a man. So he asked me to be his girl, and then I had to ask me to be his girl, making it seem like we was together and we was going to do this. He asked me for money.
Speaker 1: You gave it to him.
Speaker 17: Not only not only did I send him money, he had me send it in another person's.
Speaker 5: Name, which was a female legend.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 17: By the time I was ready to move here, I had finished my master because I'm a teacher, and I was on my way here, went up to visit him to look at an apartment he was. She legend got madder than me that I found out he was what you wanted to do?
Speaker 3: I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: This is why I gotta have more sympathy. I gotta have to.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed feel sorry for you.
Speaker 17: No, you know that was my young, stupid days, And when I think back at it now, I'm like, man, I was really stupid. Like why did not fall for that?
Speaker 1: By the way, you didn't fall Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: You didn't fall for it because you knew he had a gambling problem, and your instinct told you, you know what, I'm not falling for this. She was initially, but you didn't listen to yourself.
Speaker 1: She was looking for me. That's why we called yourself.
Speaker 17: I was looking for love, look for love.
Speaker 1: Guess what I just wanted to thought that was man.
Speaker 3: That's why we call you stupid, because you knew better. You knew better.
Speaker 1: You you told us initially he had a gambling problem. You knew that then.
Speaker 17: But you know why I look at it like this. I had to go through it so I can help my other is is out right now. I'm a mentor through corporate purpose. I'm an educator at RPS and Richmond and so I used my testimony to help other women break out of stupid.
Speaker 6: And that's why I said earlier. Sometimes you go through things that are so dumb that it makes you smart.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I'm sorry, Mammy. You was looking for love. You thought he was the one. You would have did anything for him, and he after you. I'm sorry not having raw sex with these men.
Speaker 17: What's the greatest you know what? The greatest of benge?
Speaker 13: Wife?
Speaker 17: Almost I've been here almost eight years now. I ran into him at wah Wawa just this Friday, and I was looking in all my glory the bombs dot com with my daughter.
Speaker 5: But he talked so much about and guess what he looked terrible.
Speaker 17: That was the sweetest of bitch. He looks horrible. Ball start in the middle of his head like a whole cruckhead.
Speaker 1: Damn, tell don't I'm good for you.
Speaker 3: I don't have no balls, but I don't have no hairlines. I don't have no hairline. I don't have no balls. But does he work at wah wah?
Speaker 18: No, Now she's going, Could you stop hanging up on the people and let them tell your own thirt You get so excited over these no good men like you were the one.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, yes, relaxed and excuse people, tell us, excuse me, there was so much more to talk about.
Speaker 3: Excuse me exactly evolved, sir.
Speaker 6: Okay, and don't forget we come from break, don't forget where you come from.
Speaker 1: Don't bring up the passer, forget you have evolved. What's the ball of the story.
Speaker 6: All of the story is sometimes you gotta be dumb in order to be smart. Okay, And don't expect us to have no sympathy for you, because.
Speaker 1: Y'all know what y'all be doing.
Speaker 6: Everybody thinks they can change people. Yes, that woman knew that that man had a gambling problem. But she was like, you know what, well, maybe if I just come through for him this time, that'll change everything. Correct, No, you got exactly what you knew you was gonna get. I'm sorry, this is why I call you dumb. There's some women out there that changed, some brothers out there, and.
Speaker 3: Same thing with this.
Speaker 6: The original woman who called in last hour. That woman knew she was just one of many women that he was dealing with. You can't feel stupid when you accept it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that is that is the I was gonna say, that's the topic, but that was your topic.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we got your room report. We got to tell you about Odell Beckham, the time he was at Drake's house and somebody broke in. We'll discuss it when we come back to the Moves to Breakfast Club in the morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Back to the word quick.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Indeed, now a couple of minutes, we got the rumors coming up, and it's probably one of my biggest fears right now with everything going on in the world right now, somebody breaking into your crib and your property. We're gonna talk about what happened with Oldell Beckham when he was staying at Drake's house and somebody broke into the crib.
Speaker 6: You gotta fire all your security immediately, because I'm sure, like he was talking about in LA, they're talking about at LA that's a gaety community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it seems like in LA that means nothing. Like you hear about them bringing into Kim Kardashian towns. You hear him bringing into the Drake's house, you an't bringing into so many celebrities. And even now, you know, with what's going on in the world now, it just seems like burglaries are up. People are trying to steal calls the only way trying to rob people. It's scary.
Speaker 6: The only way to slow that down is you got to hear about more of these people getting shot and killed. Seriously, you gotta hear, but you gotta hear more about people breaking into people's houses and they're being real contanct ones and repercussions. People actually losing their life for doing things like that. That will make people think twice about breaking in full.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right because somebody comes in your house, you have they have a mask on, you know, they have a firearm, nothing to talk about, there's nothing to talk about, leving to talk, you know. And there's so many different things that you know that people tell you to do. You get a dog, you get a gate, you put an alarm system. But people are people don't care anymore. They're coming in your house. They're trying to get whatever is possible and not to talk about gary.
Speaker 6: And then when something happens to them, everybody feels sorry for the perpetrator of the crime.
Speaker 3: Which makes no sense to me.
Speaker 1: I don't feel sorry for the perfect People will break into somebody's house.
Speaker 6: People will what do you feel sorry for? I wouldn't feel sorry, but I'm saying people would. That's the world that we live in. People would make it seem like, well, you didn't have to they didn't have to shoot him, you didn't have to hurt them. You shouldn't have broke it too the person's house. That's what happens when you break into somebody's house.
Speaker 1: And then there's so many different rules and regulations that makes every state different. For instance, in New York, New Jersey, if somebody is fleeing. You cannot fire at him. You can't shoot him in the back unless he's pointing a gun at you. Why he's fleeing. We're in Texas, they come in your house.
Speaker 3: It don't matter.
Speaker 1: You're fleeing, you're jumping, you're hopping, you're skipping. You can fire allegedly. Well, you gotta check out your local laws. But anyway, when we come back, I'll tell you what happened with Odell Beckham and more so, don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's d J n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomans, let's talk O'Dell Beckham Jr. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Some call it gossip. Some call it with the child.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this anymore entertainment. I don't like that name. All right, let's jump right to.
Speaker 3: It not happening.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we even keep playing that.
Speaker 3: Seeing you with the damn T ain't gonna be no Feeing you with no damn.
Speaker 1: T sounds so stupid.
Speaker 3: All right, all right?
Speaker 1: Well, Odell Beckham was on the Punchline podcast and he was talking about the time where he was staying at Drake's home. He is uh recovering after surgery, and he was going through training, training and all that at Drake's house and he said, somebody actually broke in while he was there. Tell us about your boy, Drizzy, Drake is your guy.
Speaker 29: So what everybody thinks that we were like roommates or something because he allowed me while he was on tour to like stay at the crib. I think it was twenty fifteen. I'm getting treatment. At seven thirty am. Two people walk into the house.
Speaker 1: No shoes on, feet were dirty.
Speaker 29: These people had crawled through the gates of hitting the heels, somehow found the boy's house broke into it. I had to play this as cool as possible because, like to me, I was vulnerable, Like I'm on a table, laying in a princil, like getting the I mean getting.
Speaker 3: This anyways, I'm getting treatment. They run up in the house.
Speaker 29: I'm like, they're like, bro, we made it to Drake's crib and so I had to try and like play it cool. They're like, oh, b J, what's up man? Like I'm like I had to like dap him up. But I was like on the edge at this point you know what I mean, Like, man, can we get a picture? Like I get an autograph and like to me, like, I don't know if you care, and some I don't know what it was. So I gave them the picture of autograph. Boom kicked them off, instantly called security.
Speaker 6: Where the hell would security have to begin with? That's what I wanted, though, he said. He instantly called security. If I'm drinking, I'm firing everybody that was at that house. There's no way somebody can get on your grounds, get on your yard, didn't actually get into your house and then just walk around and nobody sees nothing. And that that situation could have went a whole different way, by the way, So OBJ should be and I'm sure, yeah, we should be very thankful to God that that situation didn't turn out back.
Speaker 1: No, Absolutely, he said it called they crawled through the mountains and the mud to get to it. Could you imagine.
Speaker 3: Getting shot being a fan? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: By the way, plenty of fans have killed some of your favorite celebrities. Absolutely, all right, so let's not ever get that twisted either. Absolutely, that's insane to me, Like somebody should have gotten shot in that scenario, there's not you can't see a hand time and that there's not somebody shouldn't got shot.
Speaker 1: Well, they weren't trying to do anything bad, we see, but they just wanted a picture. But if you're breaking into somebody's house, yes you should get shot. I mean I would feel bad for them because they really was probably just fans.
Speaker 3: Of the damn. So imagine getting shot for being a fan and then being upset.
Speaker 1: What do you shoot me?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 3: I love you?
Speaker 1: What the hell you breaking into my house for food?
Speaker 3: Get? Why is that okay?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 6: Imagine this sense of entitlement that you have, you already you like this person so much that you feel like, I'm gonna crawl through the woods, crawl through these mountains just to break in their house to see them.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna be happy to see me because all I went through to get hit.
Speaker 1: All right, you're a thousand percent right, But could you imagine a kid eighteen years old, nineteen years old, twenty years old? You're a Drake fan, got a kid?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're still a kid. You a kid, You're a Drake fan, and you do anything to meet Drake, and you crawl through the mountains and you're all muddy and dirty and you draw under it. You're encouraging this.
Speaker 16: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are, I'm not.
Speaker 6: You're encouraging this dumb after that, I am not. I think you went through the breaking to my house not but you looking all he went through to get shot. He's stupid at eighteen nineteen, he wasn't trying to hurt Drake. He just wanted a selfie. How was Drake supposed to know that? How was Drake security supposed to know that? You write, two people just come out of the woods barefoot, and you see them breaking in the house. You supposed to assess all that. Well, maybe they're just fans wanting to autograph. Maybe they're just fans who want a selfie. Right, No, figured it out later.
Speaker 1: But after you shot him, you feel a little bad.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't you feel? I feel bad that people are so stupid. That's what I would do. I feel bad that people were so dumb.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, But God, damn that dumb.
Speaker 3: What a way to die. You ain't heaven because you wanted to selfie with Drake. You know what I'm saying? Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, what you here for a man just wanted to selfie with Drake Man broke in this house.
Speaker 3: Owl shot me, owl shot me now.
Speaker 1: Also talking about Drake, he opped on Instagram to talk about Scissor and wanted Scissor to re release this song called Joonie.
Speaker 26: Now.
Speaker 1: This this song is inspired by Jody Mitchell. It came out on SoundCloud but was never officially released. Drake loves it and wants this song out. And here's a snippet of the song. That song was trending over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't think we I don't think do we appreciate this as an artist the way we should?
Speaker 3: Yes? Like, do we really?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean she gets all the radio play and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I feel she could get more awards, which I'm sure she will, you know, Grammy's Grammys the next month, so she'll get those accolades. But do we really appreciate the ones in the generational talent she is?
Speaker 1: No, we appreciate her music, like you said, her song plays all the time, But her and what she does and how she performs in the songs that she writes and how she does it.
Speaker 6: No, she still has the era mystery about her. You know, she don't do a lot of press, You don't do a lot of a lot of interviews. You know, she just gives you the music.
Speaker 3: She don't. She don't floods you with music. Correct.
Speaker 1: You know, you get an album, then you get another album, like like, she just does things the right way. The amount of music she sells, the music that she writes, the fact that that that it's all over the radio is stream. Do we respect and support her as we should as the star that she is? I don't think people do that.
Speaker 3: That's why I have the question.
Speaker 1: I don't music, yes, but as the star that she is now, yeah, we don't.
Speaker 6: She's not on the she's not putting on the proper pedestal. I think she correct should be. She should be the bar for a lot of people, right, for a lot of artists, for new artists.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate comparing artists, but she is that next.
Speaker 3: But she's not next, she's now.
Speaker 1: When I mean next, it's like now when I look at sister, I look at and I don't want to compare.
Speaker 3: No, I get what you're saying. That's what I mean. The way we had a we had a we had our.
Speaker 1: Mary j Blind Right, That's why I was going to compare generation had our Beyonce.
Speaker 6: Correct, we still got our Beyonce. Right, We've had Ariana. But this is one of the eat She's on top tier, is what I'm saying. I agree, she's one of those. I agree, Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk Genie Mind. Now, Genie Mind asked for a delay on pre nup enforcement. She is asking the court to throw out Jz's motion and force their prenup. She said. If they don't dismiss Jesi's motion, she asked, could they at least delay it. She claims that they only started the prenup process five days before the wedding, so she didn't get a chance to review it properly. Not signing, she's asking for extra time to make sure the terms of the prenup are fair to her. No, she said, the short time she was giving a review the prenup raises significant concerns about the the thoroughness of the due diligence process. Genie Mine also apparently expressed significant reservations about Gz's finances. Her lawyers claim Gezi only shared one financial statement with them, which doesn't seem sufficient for Genie.
Speaker 3: Dropping the clues bombs from past the young's say that past young gesz.
Speaker 6: That is listen, contracts are legally behind me, but it seems like our pre numbs.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as I didn't have time to read it. You signed it.
Speaker 1: But this is what I don't understand, and I see that a lot. What people don't seem like they care about prenups and people don't care about NDA's. People do what they want to do anyway. But if you sign it, you should have to stick to it.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: You have, you have attorneys.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 1: The attorney's seen it. You signed off on it, that's exactly That's not his fault. You ain't no new comer. You had an opportunity to say I don't like this, or take this out.
Speaker 3: Or I need this more.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jenny May, you've been around a long time, You've been in this business a long time. That that is not an excuse that you did not have time to read it.
Speaker 1: But not only that, she's been married before, so she's been through the process before. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Oh, she was married before she married.
Speaker 1: They got divorced because he wanted she wanted a baby, she wanted he wanted a baby, and she didn't want to want to talk me.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: All I know she said was for fun?
Speaker 26: Was not?
Speaker 1: She said?
Speaker 6: All I know is she signed the pre didn't okay, and that is your room. You can't go back nope and and redo the pre nump after the pre nump has been signed. I wish contracts work like that. Yeah, that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 3: What contracts work like that?
Speaker 1: I want to go.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I did, I didn't have time to sign it.
Speaker 3: Can I go back in there?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no. Trapp will die. Trap when you gotta die, You.
Speaker 1: Got trapped to die? Who you give me a donkey too?
Speaker 3: Man boy?
Speaker 6: After the hour, we need the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District in Charlotte, North Carolina to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: We need to have a word with them.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he said that wrong, but we'll get to the don say Charlotte North Carolina, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District. But there you go, sign better now. It's the breakfast level morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 26: You try to Charlotte Mage some.
Speaker 3: Donkey to day is just sudden, Charlotte. Man, ready for I never read the.
Speaker 1: Donkey other day?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Say it again, charlat Man, I'm a donkey.
Speaker 11: You are that, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: That's true, Yes, Donky.
Speaker 6: Today for Monday, January twenty second goes to the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District in Charlotte, North Carolina. Salute to the seven or four drop on the clues bombs for the Queen City. Man, I love Charlotte. I haven't been to Charlotte in a long time. I'm definitely coming to Charlotte on my book toe when I dropped.
Speaker 3: My third book upon your head top or whatever the hell Drake be saying.
Speaker 6: But today Charlotte Mecklenburg School District has to get the biggest he hall because they playing with people who shouldn't be played with, and those people are teachers dropping the clues bombs for some of the greatest public service the world has ever seen. Public school teachers, Okay, the most overworked, underpaid, underappreciated folks in our society. These people received something from the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District that they should have received a long time ago, and they should receive often and that's something as a bonus.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yes, two hundred and twenty five high school teachers received the bonus of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. That's fifty dollars more than the Stemmis folks got for COVID. Okay, and well deserved. Look, my mother was a high school English teacher for many years in the Berkeley County School District in South Carolina, so I'll overstand the need for a bonus for these high school English teachers, and the teachers got one. But as the Charlotte Mecklenberg School District give the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District take up away.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Queen City News for the report.
Speaker 27: Police more than two hundred high school English teachers in CMS will now I have to pay back money due to a payroll error. Well, in a statement, CMS leaders say two hundred and twenty five teachers received a recruitment bonus and the amount of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. The bonus, however, was intended for teachers who are new to a critical shortage teaching area, which the district says was just an unfortunate oversight. Teachers now have to be able to have the option of repaying the bonus in a lump sum from their February check or choose to be able to repay the money over three months. Now, CMS says impacted teachers will, however, receive a separate two hundred dollars monthly reten bonus.
Speaker 3: They want the whole black history moump check. Why y'all playing with them? People like that? Why y'all playing with them? Teachers like that?
Speaker 6: And extra twelve hundred and fifty dollars is a game changer. And extra twelve hundred and fifty dollars can give folks some much needed relief in regards to their bills, food, rent. Hell, how about an extra twelve hundred might allow you to get some R and R, a little rest and relaxation. You might be able to go get a massage, our new wig installation, your nails and feet done. All I know is an extra twelve fifty is a lot of money for everyday working class people, especially teachers. And then to send these people an email from a district HR letting them know that one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars will be deducted from their next paycheck. My god, that's cruel and unusual punishment. And then you send another email saying teachers will have the option to repay the money in a lump sum in February, are spread it over three months. Well, let me ask you a question, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District. Where in the hell are teachers supposed to get the money to pay you back? I did some research, and by research, I mean I did my Google's and the average high school teacher salary in Charlotte, North Carolina is sixty three thousand, eight hundred as of December twenty seven, twenty twenty three, but the rangely typically falls between fifty one thousand, seven hundred and seventy nine thousand, three hundred. You already know uncle Sam getting half of that, Okay, So all I'm saying is, these English teachers don't have one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars to pay back, right. Most of these teachers are already budgeting anyway. Every dollar is accounting for. Now they have to add another bill to the budget. These teachers are already paying light bills and gas bills, and screaming service bills and phone bills, childcare bills.
Speaker 3: I'm sure student loans. Now they gotta pay y'all back because y'all made a mistake.
Speaker 6: Nah man, I don't understand how these burdens always fall on we the people. Okay, if you made a mistake and gave me a bonus I wasn't supposed to receive, then you gotta eat that, especially when the bonus that was given was given the people who actually deserve it. Two hundred and twenty five teaching is getting one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars a piece equates to two hundred and eighty one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. Now, I could be wrong, but I did some googles and it says the school that school district, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District, has a budget of two point one billion.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm just telling you what iut google, And I don't even know if this is where that money came from. But two hundred and eighty one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars is nothing, and it shouldn't be nothing for the people who shape the character caliber in future of our kids. When I say that two hundred and eighty one thousand and fifty dollars is nothing, I mean it's nothing if you have a budget of two point one billion. And once again, if it's going to the people who shape the character, caliber and future of.
Speaker 3: Our kids, meaning the teachers, let them have it.
Speaker 6: Please, let bring me ma give the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District the biggest he are.
Speaker 1: He ha, he ha, you stupid motherfuck?
Speaker 3: Are you dumb?
Speaker 6: Really grinds my gears this morning? Man, and teachers are more than deservant of a bonus. God bless them. If they get an extra one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars, then they pay check. Eat that, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District. Don't make them pay that back.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's open up the phone lines. Let's go eight hundrendk five eight five five one. Is this foul? The fact that you're gonna give the teachers a bonus, a well deserved bonus, the fact that they need the bonus, and then after what five days later, you take the bonus back and say, hey, we're gonna take it back from you in a lumpsum twelve fifty or we're gonna break it down in the payments. That's hard, And like Charlamagne said, Christmas just happened. So I'm sure some of them have to pay off some of their Christmas bills. That's hard, some of their Christmas gifts that they had to buy their kids, or I'm sure some of their students. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one, let's open up the phone life. Should the teachers have to pay this money back?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Or should the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District just have to eat it?
Speaker 3: Eat it? Now?
Speaker 1: It's funny. They find money for everything else.
Speaker 3: Eat it.
Speaker 1: They need something, They fined money, they need a new gym, they fied money.
Speaker 3: Anything about this school. Don't be generalized.
Speaker 1: People usually five money when they feel need money.
Speaker 6: They we don't know the situation, all right, but let's just add somebody in Charlotte and now.
Speaker 13: No gym.
Speaker 1: D that we want a jim. We didn't write no damn gym?
Speaker 3: Start right, all right? You might city.
Speaker 1: All right, you have eight hundred five a five one on five one. We're asking, should the teachers have to give back the money? That is the question Should the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District just have to eat it? That is the question. Eight hundred five five five one. I hate you, yo, That's why I'm like, that's what the lady said. Earl Yo, show y'll show have empathy. You're not nice.
Speaker 3: I like the key key. I'm gonna get me a key.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna get you a key key. It's the breakfast look aboard it the breakfast Club. Warning everybody, it's dj n V Charlemagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, Charlamagne, give donkey to day to.
Speaker 6: Whom haw Mecklenburg School District in Charlotte, because they gave two hundred and twenty five high school English teachers a bonus of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars by mistake, and now they want it back.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're asking eight hundred five eighty five one on five one. We're opening up the phone lines. Should the teachers have to give this money back? Or should the school district just eat it? That is the question. I mean, it's a difficult time because you know, like we were talking about the money and a lot of times the money is allocated for different resources, different things, and it could be for anything. It could be for bus services, it could be for more education. So a lot of times school districts don't necessarily have the money. But guy's made a mistake. Listen, these teachers are probably you know, they got their money right after Christmas. I'm sure that they had to pay bills and they probably thought it was a bonus and was saying thank god.
Speaker 6: I understand what you're saying when you say that they got to take care of other things. But there's nothing more important.
Speaker 3: In that school that needs to be taken care of than the teachers.
Speaker 6: And I don't understand why we continue to all will work and underpay and underappreciate teachers.
Speaker 3: We literally drop our.
Speaker 6: Most precious, most cherished gifts off to these people for hours at a time. You should make sure that those individuals that cultivate, you know, and and help shape the character and caliber in future of your kids, you should make sure.
Speaker 3: They get treated with the utmost respected all times. So if you made a mistake and put an extra one fifty in their accounts, eat that right, eat it.
Speaker 1: What's the problem is, Let's say, as you can say it was an accounting error, right, But like you said, a lot of this money is budgeted for other resources for children. So although the teachers might not get it, it might go to other resources for the kids. Whether it might be the kids can go on a field trip, or it could pay for school buses, or it could pay for whatever in the school that's needed. So a lot of that stuff might have to be allocated for other things.
Speaker 6: I understand that. But if you put it in the teachers pockets, let the teachers eat. By the way, that's your mistake. I hate when people do that, Like you made the mistake. But it might not be you, you the principal. It's the accounting that made the mistake. I don't know who made it, but somebody made it. I just know the teacher shouldn't have to be at a burden of fixing it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go to the phone lines. We have Heather on the line, has a good morning, good morning, Hey, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Heather? You sound like a teacher head I am.
Speaker 24: I am a North Caroline school teacher of twenty two years. Okay, what most people don't understand is North Carolina schools usually don't pay us. But we get paid December like the nineteenth this past year, and then I don't get another check until January thirty first from the school system.
Speaker 1: What so y'all get paid for the whole year in one lump.
Speaker 24: Sum No, sir, no, So we get paid early in December for our December check instead of get paid on the thirty first because the cloth, we get it on December fifteenth, and then we get paid again January thirty first.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 24: Wow, to take money from me in February, you've got to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask a question, Heather, we would talking about this. Do sometimes the schools allocate funds for certain things, whether it's resources like the school bus system or taking them on trips and things like that. So if they don't have that money, where do they get that money back from because that'd be possibly that the money's already allocated and they're trying to get it back to go to the students.
Speaker 24: From the knowledge that I have, there's an emergency fun But yes, every school system has different pockets of money that are allocated toward different things. For example, there's transportation funds, then there's you know, most schools are Title one probably in Charlotte, NC, which means that they have a poverty level of a certain amount, so their socioeconomics gets them money to where they can pay for certain things. So if these features at one of those it's possible to maybe use that money. I'm not sure, but it could be. So there's so many different ways that the school system to probably figure out a way to eat that money.
Speaker 3: So the reality is to answer the question, do you think that they should have give the money back?
Speaker 24: No, exactly, I'm not gonna I'm not going to be able to take that back.
Speaker 3: That's right, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know what if a bank makes a mistake and the bank puts the money into your account and it waits eight days, you gotta get that money back to the bank.
Speaker 3: Is a little different.
Speaker 6: And the reason I say the bank is a little different because when you get that money from the bank, you know that's not your money.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you a school, if you're a teacher at a school and you get a bonus, you just think it's a bonus, right, That's it's a little different.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Talk to us. You think the teacher should get that get the money back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not like they should have locked the cash out car Apple already.
Speaker 18: You gotta talk it up.
Speaker 20: Are you a teacher?
Speaker 3: Are you a teacher?
Speaker 17: No, I'm not a teacher.
Speaker 21: I'm an assistant.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now, sharday, what happened if some of that money that was given to the teachers are allocated for other resources for the kids, like a bunch of transportation resource or something else that that the students might need. Maybe not the library, figures of books, things like that.
Speaker 2: Well they need to like throw a dress down day and charge the kids a dollar.
Speaker 11: But the.
Speaker 1: Thank you sure Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: Basically say saying they gotta find them get it out.
Speaker 1: They gotta find that money someplace else. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. The teachers have to give back that money. Let's discuss. It's the breakfast club. Good Morning's wanting everybody's tj ND. Charlomagne the God we are the breakfast club. If you're just joining us. Charlemagne gave donkey to day to who.
Speaker 3: The Charlotte Mecklenburg School District. Okay, because they gave two hundred.
Speaker 6: And twenty five high school English teachers a bonus of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars and now they want it back because there was a mistake, all right, and.
Speaker 1: We're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one should the teachers give the money back? We got Jay on the line, Jay, Good morning.
Speaker 21: Hey, good morning DJ Jay.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 21: So yeah, this just recently happened to me my job. I worked for a uniforntal company in pember Pintes, Florida. Basically, what they did was they put two hundred and fifty dollars in my paycheck, came to me two three about two three months later, so, oh, we made a mistake, so we're gonna have to get that money back from you. So they had me sign off on increment to take it from me, about twenty five dollars at a time. So I'm seeing I'm seeing that be consistent thee you know, you know, anything they can to squeeze a little man.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: When you saw the two hundred and fifty in your and your uh, the extra in your check, what did you think it was from?
Speaker 21: Well, instead holiday paid, So you know, I assumed I was part of the business too, But because I worked hourly and some of my other employees work salery. Supposedly I didn't get I wasn't allowed to have that hour the paid, which was never told me. You know that the holiday pays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they should. They should have had to eat that they should have to eat that that's not that's not his fault. It says holiday paid.
Speaker 25: Right.
Speaker 6: If I work during the holidays, I get an extra to fifty Like damn, I like this company, good good money. Three months later, you want to come and ask me for the money back.
Speaker 1: No, no, I get it, and I'm just staying completely. Once you put that money into the into the check, that money is spent, you think it's a bonus and it's hard to give it back. But that happened to us a couple of years ago. They put they put a bonus in our check, and then they took the bonus back out our check.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that one of.
Speaker 1: The stations they were expecting to get paid for when the station didn't.
Speaker 3: You remember, it ain't never happened to me.
Speaker 1: That it did happened to all of us.
Speaker 3: They must have told you what happened to all of us. It ain't happened to me, you didn't have anything.
Speaker 6: No, you're talking about I don't heard this story all right, ever, I'm gonna make a phone call.
Speaker 3: You never heard this story ever in my life?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, they got your dumb man. I don't know what you that ain't never having never Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this? Hello?
Speaker 23: Hello?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's your name? They contina. We're asking should the teachers have to get their money back?
Speaker 3: Mama?
Speaker 2: No man in the bad Take that money to do something good and get your besides or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, she saunds like she wants to go put your little down payment on the hell can or something.
Speaker 3: Hello. Okay, right, nothing, nothing about nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Let's go to one more nothing.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 8: MV.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm wonderful, Happy Monday, Uncle Charlave.
Speaker 1: I love that energy. We're talking about the school teachers. What should they do with that money? Should they give it back?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 17: Mecklenburg County need to charge us to the game. I mean, like, if you think about it, y'all weigh your people. Do y'all have to pay for the equipment I work at at and T. I ain't got to pay for the phones and nothing like that. But if I turn around and look at you, they you having to buy the pencils, then you haven't to decorate your classes right out of the pucket right.
Speaker 3: Charge you to the game.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, thank you. What's the morail of the story?
Speaker 6: Moral of the story is Charlotte Mecklinburg School District should have to eat that. And I just find it disrespectful that you know you would even do that the teachers. Man, I mean, and I know that these things things do happen, Like you heard the brother call up and say it happened to him at his job. But man, when you do it to a teacher, it just feels more egregious. Because teachers are already overworked, they're already underpaid.
Speaker 3: We don't appreciate them the.
Speaker 6: Way that we should, and they literally shape the character and future of our children. If you give them an extra one two hundred and fifty, you shouldn't even feel like you want to go ask for it back.
Speaker 3: You should be like a.
Speaker 1: Scream it whoever made the mistake. Take it out on them.
Speaker 3: Don't take it out on the teachers. Man, Let the teachers look all right, Well.
Speaker 1: I agree the teacher shouldn't have to give up that money. I mean, the teachers, their job is hard enough, and they have to supply for so many kids, and they help with so many things, and they stay extra to help so many different students. The school district should have to eat that. And I get it. Some of that money might be, you know, allocated for other places. But like somebody said, there is an emergency fund, and you might have to touch that emergency fund a little bit. That's right, all right. When we come back, let's discuss Nelly in Ashanti is giving some advice. We'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning everybody, it's stee j n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the room. Let's let's talk Ashanti. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Some call it gossip. Gossip. Some call it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this anymore entertainment.
Speaker 3: This is not what we call this.
Speaker 1: This, This is no c n E with the T.
Speaker 3: Stop playing this.
Speaker 6: Even though it's a fantastic intro that's LA made. Stop playing it. That's not gonna happen. I rebuked this in the name was the third co host.
Speaker 1: I ain't doing rumors too much long. I'm just gonna let you know that. But anyway, let's jump right into it now. Of course, we all seen the moment where Ashanti and Nelly they rekindled their relationship. That was during the verses with Fat Joe, and during that Fat Joe wants credit for getting him back together. This is what Fat Joe said.
Speaker 22: You know, we brought back Shanti and Nelly. They look so happily ever after. So the other day is Shanty Face signed me with Nelly and they was like, hey, bro, this, this, that, And you remember they had the rumor she was pregnant.
Speaker 1: It was just a rumor. And I told immediately told him I need ten percent of this.
Speaker 22: Kid, because if it wasn't for versus that I brought Nellie out me against Joe rule. That's when they saw each other and that energy connected again. That's when he said I gotta have it now. He was over there contemplated. He really want to go over there, but he was contemplated, and my brother Mayor was like, yo, bro, what the fuck you waiting for? So he goes over there and that starts the conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we got to split the equity up.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, based off what Fat Joe just said, he probably should get a little bit more equity than everybody. But then swish, she gets some equity timber lance, she gets some equity.
Speaker 3: I should get some.
Speaker 1: But what about Mayor? Because man is the one that gets in equity.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, Like, I think Fat jo should actually split his majority equity stake with.
Speaker 3: Mayor, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Since because that's what it sounds like, you know, really really caused everything to you know, connect again.
Speaker 1: Well, Jo Ruth talks about their reunion on a Taman Hall show.
Speaker 7: Were you surprised by the reunion of Nelly and Ashanti?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 20: Why not?
Speaker 24: So her?
Speaker 3: My wife?
Speaker 16: They do? They kid right, and so you know, you know, you can tell sometimes when they know they want that old thing back, or they know I don't want to I don't want to blow sis up. I don't want to blow sis so up.
Speaker 1: But but the chemistry was there.
Speaker 16: The chemistry was there and again and I think for both of them, you know, it came back quick. So you know, I think they missed each other. It had to be that way because the way, the way they just clicked and came back so fast.
Speaker 1: And he also talks about is there a possible baby on the way.
Speaker 7: If you had to give some parenting advice to your good sister, Shanty, what's the best parenting advice that, like you could give her?
Speaker 5: You did a good job raising.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just gotta love him, man, tell him you love him every day. I love that, goes fall.
Speaker 1: One last question, can you confirm that.
Speaker 7: She is expecting?
Speaker 16: I have no idea, but when when?
Speaker 3: When when my little niece and up you gets here?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Basically what a trick question.
Speaker 1: That was a trick question.
Speaker 6: Can you give her some parenting advice? Just ask me what you want to ask me? Is she expecting? Okay, so I can say, huh. Now you can learn so much from the hot hockey key and the women too. Just want to throw that out there. Remember job said his wife and the hog hockey You can learn so much from the hog hockey key and the women.
Speaker 3: You just got to listen in between the ha has and the key ki.
Speaker 1: And you just got shut up and listen now. Also, Boozy moves the badass that he's been bullied by the LGBTQ.
Speaker 4: Community for y'all, bullets bro, I guess I'm the only ones speak up for straight people, so I'm gay. Anybody who speak up for straight people, y'all say gay? Crazy, y'all don't bullet the whole world. Athletes, rappers scared scared to say they straight. Rappers and athletes scared to even say they like women. They scared they gonna get bullet bro.
Speaker 1: Y'all in bullet the whole world except me.
Speaker 3: I blow y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all in bullyt all the athletes, all the rappers, they can't even say they like. Y'all can come under my live and call me whatever. You can call me that, because you know I'm not that, and I'm not cool with it being pushed on the kids. There's so many of y'all be coming on my live calling me gay just because I don't, just because.
Speaker 3: I don't like that mean.
Speaker 6: I would like to tell the good brother Boozy one thing. Don't ever tell gay people. I'll blow y'all asses down.
Speaker 3: I'll blow y'all. Don't.
Speaker 6: Don't invite those people to what sounds like a good time. What Boosey said, What Booy said. He's gonna blow our asses down. Well, he wipe us down afterwards.
Speaker 3: I blow y'all, y'all know me, don't do that, man, all right, I want you know me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk enough.
Speaker 3: Look to the good brother Boosie.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: Straight people don't need no defense though, I honestly don't care where people choose to put their penis that I don't need announcements when you gave it.
Speaker 3: I don't need them when you're straight either.
Speaker 6: So I don't know why everybody, why everybody got a feel they need to announce who they sleeping with and why they choose to sleep with him. Never asked you blowing down, blowing down on you and in the privacy of your own home.
Speaker 1: Man, all right. And lastly, let's just close out with this. Of course, the sixty six Grammy Awards goes down February fourth, and just add it to the list of performance Travis Scott and burn a Boy. So they'll be performing. Its hosted by Trevor Noah.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how those brothers do.
Speaker 3: Lou Colmes them two of the best performers.
Speaker 6: Travis gotten Burning Boy by the way Savage and burna Boy got a phenomenal record on the on twenty one Savage album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Burning Boy is nominated for four Grammys this year, and he's the first African to perform at the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Right, rightfully deserved.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, and that is your rumor reports. All right, up next, we got the People's Choice mixed. Get your request in eight hundred five eight five one five one, Get your asked up as the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, Everybody's j n V. Charlamagne dea God. We are the Breakfast Club again. Salute to all of the Dan's dads out there and the cheered dads. The season has officially started. I will be seeing you guys on the road. And yes, I know all my daughter's routines.
Speaker 3: Yes I do what you doing? Yes I do.
Speaker 1: Why of course I practiced with them when they come home, they practice, We go through their dances and we have a big fun time doing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know any of my daughter's cheer routines, but congratulations, thank you. I hope they come in handy for you one day. I hope you get to use them.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I will, yep, maybe, I will all right. Well when we come back. We got the positive notice of the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for positive note.
Speaker 3: You got one. Yes, the positive note is simply this man.
Speaker 6: Nothing annoys me more than someone expecting you to be okay with something they wouldn't be okay with you doing. I repeat, nothing annoys me more than someone expecting you to be okay with something they wouldn't be okay with you doing. So let's just all remember the golden rural people doing the others as you would have them doing to you have a blessed.
Speaker 1: Day, Breakfast Club. You don't finish of