Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into another episode of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I am Ryan Wormley. Usually in my intros I say I am joined by a couple of analysts. Today I feel like I am joining a couple of analysts, Pat fitz Morris and Scott Bogman graciously allowing me to join the Dynasty Show as our first episode back here as we are into the off season here in twenty twenty four, Fits, you just couldn't get enough of me podcasting on the regular football show, you needed to be on the Dynasty one as well, right.
Speaker 2: That's exactly it, worm And you know, like we, Bogman and I I thought we were a pretty good two piece for a Dynasty podcast. Maybe we weren't the white stripes of Dynasty podcasters, but we were at least like the black Keys I'd like to thank. But now we are a three piece. We are the Rush of Dynasty podcast the Police of Dynasty podcasts, the Hooskerdo of Dynasty podcasts. Like hopefully it is a fuller, richer listening experience for our Dynasty enthusiasts out there.
Speaker 1: I knew a couple of those bands Hoosker Do. I can't claim to have any knowledge.
Speaker 3: Of what about the Hoosker dunce.
Speaker 1: I don't have the foggiest idea, But Bogvid, I appreciate you letting me join as well. We don't podcast on a regular basis quite as much as Fits and I do. But I'm excited to talk some dynasty with you here going forward, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they wanted. They said to me, Look, enough of the Steelers talk. We're gonna have to put a Ravens fan on here to bounce you out. So this is your your your penance here. So but it's all right. We are a rare breed of Steelers and Ravens fans that get along and understand each other because we're both kind of the same level of psycho I feel like about our teams, so you know, I think that balances us out. And I gotta say, FITZI, I'm just so fat. When you said two piece to three piece, all I could think about was chicken, so that I was not thinking bands at all. So yeah, I was thinking about some KFC email or something. But yeah, the three piece always better than the two piece.
Speaker 1: Well, in my opinion, whether we're talking chicken music or football. We will have some fun here on this show. And for everybody who's wondering, like, oh hey, what about you know, having thora on as a guest or someone we're outside guests like Cody or you know whoever, that'll still happen. I'll step aside whenever we have those guests come on. We want to get some expertise from elsewhere. But I will be on most shows going forward. Also, I will mention there's a chance because of scheduling purposes, I'm not on next week's show. I want everybody to know that and not think I was just fired after the first episode because I did such a bad job. So if I'm not on next week, it's for scheduling reasons and nothing else. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to.
Speaker 3: It episode guys, believe it exactly.
Speaker 1: Today we were talking about some tears here. We're talking about the running backs here, some Dynasty tears as we sit here in mid January. Obviously, this stuff is very subject to change as the off season progresses, as we get here through the next several months. Taking a snapshot of the tiers as they stand here in the middle of January, we're talking about where we disagree, where we do agree, what the staff rankings might look like compared to the expert, you know, industry consensus rankings. We'll run through it all here. We're going to end with some rookie talk at the end too, so we're not going to sprinkle them into the rankings just yet, but we'll talk about some rookies here to wrap up the show. If anybody's wondering, you can find all of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. You can navigate to the Dynasty rankings there, staff rankings, you can look at redraft whatever you want to do. Again, that's fantasypros dot Com slash rankings bogs. Before we jump in, I actually asked this to Fits when we were doing our redraft tiers show. I want to get your opinion here too, and obviously from the Dynasty perspective, what is your approach to ranking players in January? Are you trying to do a lot of projection in terms of I think the situation will change because I think this team is going to draft a quarterback or this team is going to add wide receiver, and free agency, or are you trying to say as of right now, again this sort of snapshot in time, this is where the rankings stand. How do you approach ranking players right now at this point in the offseason.
Speaker 4: I try to do mainly what I think is going to be happening this season. So if there's a coaching change, if there is a personnel change, if there is, like you said, a big move in other parts, maybe a quarterback that makes the whole system go something like that, I try to take that into consideration at least a little. But I would say that right now is probably fifty percent offensive context, especially if nothing is changing, Like nothing's going to change in San Francisco right so CMC is going to be way up there. But if we are going to see significant changes, to try to take those into account. And there's a lot of unpredictability right now, which is why you at the top said, look, these are subjects to change, right If something changes in you know, it makes a big, drastic difference, then obviously we are going to adjust for that. But I think for the most part right now, it's skill. It's what I think they can do in a three year window. That's how I like to do my dyn rankings for the most part. It's a three year window to me, with the edge going to the future, right, So I will lower some of those guys, those older guys down, but not as much as maybe some other people do. So I try to keep it as balanced as I can, but it is a difficult task.
Speaker 3: In January, like you said, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fits, we talked about that a bit on the Main show a couple of weeks ago with you, me and Deebro. Does your approach change for Dynasty compared to what your answer was when we were talking about the early redraft rankings.
Speaker 2: I mean a little bit like we're still in Dynasty. I guess we're less concerned about maybe positional log jams, or maybe there's a receiver we really like who's not playing with a great quarterback, because there is time over the course of a young player's career where things can straighten out, maybe the logjam clears above that player at the position, or that team gets a better quarterback. If not, you know, the coming year, maybe the year after that. So we're a little less worried about where a guy stacks up on the depth chart or what a supporting cast looks like I think, all.
Speaker 1: Right, with that preamble out of the way, let's jump into the actual tiers here. We're going to start right at the very top, and this will be similar tiers to how we do the Redraft shows. We got the S tier at the top, A, B, C, D, and F, so we'll run through sort of the top six tiers. Again, we're working based off the expert you know, industry consensus rankings, and we'll sort of reference where the staff rankings might differ from that here as we get through. Again subject to change here, but right at the top, we've got four names in the S tier. Number one be Jean Robinson, unsurprisingly, number two Breise Hall, number three Christian McCaffrey, and number four Jamier Gibbs, so boggs. Before we dive into these players specifically, just overall thoughts on this top tier, I mean, three really young guys, plus Christian McCaffrey, who's obviously the Redraft RB one. Right now, what do you make of these first four names?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this is the tip of the spear, right, so I'm gonna add another guy in here to this tier, but these are all young productive I mean, Christian McCaffrey is an other worldly beast. He's the only nine baby in this group here. The rest are all born after two thousand and one and later. So but yeah, these are the guys that are irreplaceable because of their skill and the fact that these guys can all get three hundred touches and no one would.
Speaker 1: Bat and I yeah, it feels we're talking about Christian McCaffrey as the old guy when he's four years younger than I am. Just talking about professional athletes is the greatest way to feel old, if anybody's ever hoping to do that fits. What are your sort of initial thoughts in this is foresome Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean I think these are the elites and they all belong here. Pretty much great draft capital for Bijon Breese, Jamior Gibbs, McCaffrey so established and maybe as the shorter window, but McCaffrey's current production is just such that you cannot leave him out of this tier.
Speaker 1: Now you allude to this bogman, but who is the player that you think belongs in this tier as well?
Speaker 4: I'm still a Jonathan Taylor guy, and this is still the dude that can carry a full workload in my opinion, I know he had injury stuff and contract stuff this year was that is concerning. So I don't hate him being in the lower tier. But this is a guy that's already been RB one and I think he's still young enough to do it again. And I think, you know, I know a lot of people are worried about Anthony Richardson next year, maybe usurping some touchdowns from him.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe are they going to do the toush push with him all the time. Is that just going to be what he does or are you going to give it to your big running back who should be taking the hits because you've already lost Anthony Richardson for a big chunk of the season, So I think that that's going to balance itself out. So I would stick Jonathan Taylor back into this top tier group.
Speaker 3: But I understand the trepidation.
Speaker 1: Fitz. I'm surprised you don't have Jonathan Taylor in your top four considering that he is a Badger. Is it just that these four names are so good that they're kind of unassailable to you, or do you have any trepidation about ranking Taylor in this tier?
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree with Boggs that he should probably be in this tier at least there's a strong case. The last time we saw him healthy for a full season twenty twenty one, Taylor was the RB one overall regardless of scoring format, PPR standard, whatever. And yeah, I mean, maybe there's not a lot of pass catching upside with Taylor, especially with Anthony Richardson a mobile quarterback. We know mobile quarterbacks tend to run it themselves rather than dump off when they're in trouble. But at the same time, yeah, maybe Richardson runs a lot and poaches some goal on touchdowns, but think of all the read option stuff they can do and how that is going to spike Taylor's rushing efficiency if linebackers have to hesitate for a second because they don't know whether the ball that Anthony Richardson has just put in Jonathan Taylor's bread basket is going to stay there or if he's going to pull it out and run himself. So, you know, I think Boggs and I have talked about this before. It It comes to mind with Robert Griffin the third and Alfred Morris when RG three of that spectacular rookie year and Alfred Morris that your average like five point four yards per Carrion was like, he's.
Speaker 3: Not even good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, and like Jonathan Taylor's ten times the player that alf Morris was, so yeah, I mean I'm excited about this. Taylor's still only Taylor turns twenty five on I think January nineteenth, which might be the day a lot of people are consuming this show. So happy birthday, Jonathan Taylor. Yes, still very young and still very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One last question here, just in this group, and let's set aside CMC for a second. Bogman. Of the three young guys, again, they're all relatively young, but the of Bjeon Breesaw and Jamier Gibbs, who's the guy that you are most worried about maybe losing value? There's some uncertainty to the situations of each guy. Obviously, head coaching change for Jean Robinson, Jamior Gibbs likely to lose the offensive coordinator from Detroit when he gets hired away. Brees Hall questions about you know, Aaron Rodgers aging coming off of a brutal injury, So there's some uncertainty around all three of these young guys. Are any of them, you worried about losing value into next season.
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I think even with Bill Belichick and knowing that you know, the Falcons are seriously considering him. You know, it hasn't been announced yet, but it seems like the writing is on the wall there that he is going to be the new head coach of the Falcons. We know he likes to use two backs, but I also think that he can recognize when you know who the best players are and get the football to him. It's something he couldn't do in New England because he couldn't evaluate players anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, it seems like maybe that's it.
Speaker 4: But he's dropped in to a team with these unbelievable playmakers. I think he's going to know to get the ball to Beijon. So I think there's a little concern there with him. But I'm really not worried about any of these guys. I guess if you're asking me my biggest concern between the three of them, it'd probably be Briefsall getting hurt again, to be honest, but you know, he looks so good this year, coming off of his major injury. I think he's going to be fine. So I don't really have a lot of worry for these guys.
Speaker 3: No more than I do.
Speaker 4: You know, the baseline worry for a running back is already pretty high because they all get hurt. But no more than a normal baseline and worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's kind of baked in when you're talking about running backs in dynasty fits quickly, same question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't know. I Boggs answered it perfectly. I don't think I have anything more to add.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on here. But but first I want to mention the perfect draft we are putting on right now. Our goal every year, of course, is a perfect draft. But what if I told you could attempt a perfect draft for the twenty twenty three season right now? Can you draft the perfect twenty twenty three team? Enter the Perfect Draft challenge at fantasypros dot com slash Perfect Draft. It's a twelve team half PPR draft with best ball style scoring, aim for the top of our leader boards, and a chance to win a five year subscription to Fantasy Pros. Go to fantasypros dot com slash Perfect Draft and start drafting now. But you have to hurry. The contest closes February first. Again, in case you didn't hear me, a five year subscription you could win, which is awesome. So go to fantasypros dot com slash Perfect Draft for that. Let's go to the A tier here. Jonathan Taylor is at the top of this tier. Is RB five that we've got Travis Etn, Devon h Chan, Kien Williams, and Kenneth Walker Fits. I want to start with you, are these the correct five names for the second tier? Even if you might be able to quibble with the order.
Speaker 2: I do think they are the correct five, And you know, like unless we are putting Jonathan Taylor in the S tier, otherwise I think we have this tier exactly correct.
Speaker 3: Boggs, what do you think I would add one more guy again?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, we'll talk about him in the next segment though, so and I understand I'm much higher on that guy and I have an unrealistic expectation for him, So, uh, you know, I think this is about correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quibble with the order a little, but I like this group so.
Speaker 1: Kind of the reverse question that I asked in the last year of who might lose value? Which of these I'm actually say which of these four names, because I think we all agree Jonathan Taylor is at the top. So which of the other four, which again is Kien Williams, Devon H Chan, Travis Etn and Kenneth Walker, which of those guys is the best chance of vaulting into the S tier next season?
Speaker 2: Fits I think it's a Chan. We didn't really get a good handle on what A Chan's usage is going to look like. He was coming off a preseason shoulder injury to start the season, so he didn't play it all in Week one and barely played in Week two. He also landed on ir at midseason with a knee injury. When he played, there were a couple of games where he had twenty or more touches. There were a couple games where he was in the eight to twelve touch range. I don't know where he's going to stabilize, because, like it was kind of unexpected that we got a full season of good health from Raheem Mostert. But there was that game in Week seventeen where Moster didn't play and the Dolphins play the Ravens. Never mind that the Dolphins got their doors blown out in that game. But I think A Chan's usage in that game was kind of in the sweet spot of what we'd like. He had fourteen carries, four receptions, one hundred and thirty seven total yards in a touchdown. That seems like it's the sweet spot because I mean, we're greedy in season. We want our guys getting as so many touches and as they can get. But a Chan is one hundred and eighty eight pounds. I'm not sure we want him to get Kyron Williams type usage if we want him around for a full season.
Speaker 1: Is it eight Chan for you two bogs?
Speaker 4: I mean, I hate to keep giving the Aggie credit here, but it has to be, you know, it just it just absolutely has to be. And Fitz and I talked about this all off season with a Chan, right, it's that he's got this other worldly speed. How is any He carried a full load of Texas A and M so he stayed fairly healthy.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: We know he can do it.
Speaker 4: Got hurt at the NFL, and like Fitz said, we don't want to overuse him. In his slight frame, you can get unbelievable MVP type seasons like Austin Eckler has had for that. But you see what is happening with Eckler right now. He's slowing down significantly, so to extend his career, I think a fourteen to fifteen touch guy tops per game is probably what we have in him. But he is still just learning this position and this offense is built so ready for him specifically to take advantage of that speed. When you have Tyreek and Waddle and everybody working over the middle there, Yeah, I mean, I think I think the only three guys averaged more points than him and have PPR right, wasn't it McCaffrey, Kyron and his teammate Rahem Mostert. So yeah, I think a Chan is the guy to move up here if anybody, and.
Speaker 1: The staff rankings reflect that too. Ericson is the odd man out. He's got him RB ten in his Dynasty rankings. Everybody else you two, and Sebro has him MARBI six, So you guys are all kind of in lockstep. It's just Ericson dragging out his ranking a bit. The other guy I wanted to ask about this while we're in this tier, Kenneth Walker. I mean, he's somebody that people were really excited about. Then the Seahawks drafted Zach Charvona in the second round and it kind of threw a wrench into the works, but he kind of held off. Sharbonay, right, Boggs. I mean this is still seems like his backfield and he's still a worthy guy to be in this a tier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, this is a guy that but if you ask me the question from the first year of whom I worried about falling off, and it wouldn't really be because of Kenneth Walker's ability. I think he's one of the best running backs in the NFL. And you saw it at the collegiate level when you know he's facing nine man boxes at Michigan State because I couldn't throw the ball and he was still getting the job done. That's just incredible. And you can see the flashes of it. It's been a little banged up and Sharbonna's there, so I do worry about him. But in terms of skill, I think he's the best in this group. So outside of we all ag retailors should be moved up. I think he's the best skill wise in this group. But he does have competition. Obviously, a new head coach coming into Seattle as well, so you know we'll see what happens in the split. But I think Walker is too good to be ignored.
Speaker 1: Let's move to the bat here here starts off with Saquon Barkley at RB ten, then Rashad White, James Cook, Josh Jacobs, Isaiah Pacheco, and DeAndre Swift. Again, these are the expert consensus rankings. This is for half PPR, by the way, or actually no, I'm sorry, it's for full pep ARE that we're working off with. Here again Saquon, Rashad White, James Cook, Josh Jacobs, Isaiah Pacheco, DeAndre Swift. Now Saquon is the guy that Boggs thinks should be a tier higher. I want to actually start with fits and make the case against Saquon being moved up before we move to Bogman.
Speaker 2: He has gotten less and less efficient as a pass catcher, to the point where his pass catching efficiency is actually sort of alarmingly bad now, So like I worry if that doesn't come back, if he's ever going to be great without getting this massive volume that puts him at like increased risk of injury, which is what we saw this past year. Like when Saquon had his big games, it was because he was getting like close to thirty touches. I'd like to see a more sustainable workload. But for him to do that and still produce at a top tier level, he's gonna have to be like a better pass catcher. And I don't know if that explosiveness in the passing game is coming back, like we just we haven't seen it for so long. It's been like four or five years now.
Speaker 1: In the staff rankings, Saquon is RB eleven, RB twelve, RB twelve and then RB nine from guess who Bagman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I still believe in Saquon and I understand that the pass catching explosiveness hasn't been there. But name me the other good player on the Giants offense. None but there's none but okay, but he's a free agent. Put him in Houston, right, Devin Singletary is a free agent. It's obvious that Damian Pierce is not going to be the guy there. Put Saquon in Houston, and now the the there's not nine man boxes because CJ. Stroud is amazing. So I want to see where Saquon ends up. I don't want to judge him based on you know, I don't know if everyone loves PFF.
Speaker 3: I like PFF. I know JJ Watt doesn't like him.
Speaker 4: But you know their run blocking was like twenty nine and their pass blocking was twenty seven. They are a bad offensive line with bad quarterbacking and no really great skill position players. They thought bringing in Darren Waller. Will guess what Darren Waller got hurt. Jalen hyattn't developed fast enough, no quarterbacking as Tommy DeVito running the ball was winning them games. So I don't want to base my opinion on Saquon Barkley around this ugly offense that hopefully he won't be playing in next year. So I think if you put Saquon on a good team, if you put him on you know, somehow Minnesota, or you put him on Houston or a decent offense, doesn't even have to be a good offense, just an okay offense, I think he boosts his value immensely for the next couple of years. So I'm still going to be in on Saquon depending on landing spot. Look, if he sticks back with the Giants and it's still garbage, I'm gonna move him down.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 4: I promise everyone I will move him down. But if he ends up in a good offense, I'm just gonna be too excited to lower him much more than where I have him. So I'm not gonna move he won't go above nine. I could say that pretty firmly, but I was.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask that, like, let's say magically he ends up on the Texans for example, right, where would he go in Tier two? But it sounds like he's still kind of the back of that second tier few.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I could get him ahead of kyn because Kyrin is three years younger, and you know he plays on for Sean McVay, So I just don't think I could do it. I think I have Saquan as high as I can get him, and I'll lower him based on where he goes.
Speaker 1: Another player I want to talk about in this tier is Rashad White Again. He's RB eleven here in the consensus rankings. The staff rankings have him all over the place. Bagman has him thirteenth, fits as in tenth, Debro has him twenty first, and Erickson has him fifth, so there is no consensus. It kind of averages out to where he is in ECR, but there is no clear consensus here among the Fantasy Pro staff at least fits. What do you make of we Shod White. You're kind of you're the second highest, but kind of in that middle range on where he ended up. What do you think about White?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I could make a case for putting him lower. I think because he he's just a really hard gout of rank because he showed that he could handle this massive war. But at the same time, three point six yards per carry, and I know yards per carry is like a really bad stat generally, but there just weren't that many times where he efficiently carried the Buccaneers running game a la Kyron Williams or some of these other like more efficient, more successful backs. So I don't know. Like I like the versatile skill set, the run catch capability. I think he's a pretty good player. I just don't know if he's going to be the workhorse indefinitely for Tampa or if they're going to look to bring in someone else to lighten his load.
Speaker 1: Bogman on Rashad White, you are eight spots higher than Debro and eight spots lower than ericson if I forced you to change your ranking to mirror one of theirs, would you rather rank White twenty first or.
Speaker 4: Fifth twenty first? I don't think he's good enough to be in that top five in terms of skill. I think he's a very skilled running back. But I also think that he fits perfectly for this Tampa Bay offense. I really do, because they want to throw the ball, and this was the thing coming in, you know, I know they switch off Tom Brady. You go from the goat to Baker Mayfield. Obviously there's going to be a large drop off, right, but they didn't change the offense. The offense is the same and it really works out well for Rashad White. So as long as everything status quo in Tampa Bay, Baker Mayfield is good enough to get it done, and someone better than him would improve this offense obviously, So I think for what Rashad White is doing in this offense, he's the best RB two.
Speaker 3: I think right now.
Speaker 4: In terms of dynasty, you know, like Fit said, maybe Dave Canais gets hired somewhere else and as a head coach because he's getting interviews, and maybe they changed the offensive system. I would lower Rashad White because of that. I don't think I could get him any higher than where I have him, because I do think he fits perfectly for this offense right now.
Speaker 1: Fits You and Bogs are both actually higher on Josh Jacobs than consensus by a few spots. What's your optimism coming from on Jacobs?
Speaker 2: Still young, came into the league at a really young age, run catch, versatility, one of the best inside runners in football. I mean, this dude is tougher than shoe leather. Like, Josh Jacobs is going to land somewhere and he's going to help out an offense and maybe he'll land in a better spot. I don't know if he's going to be a workhorse or not, although he's shown he can handle a seriously heavy load, but he is going to help a team out somewhere. Like, I'm still pretty high on him. If anyone is like tired of Josh Jacobs and wants to sell him, I'll buy.
Speaker 1: There were rumors that he was interested in getting traded to the Ravens. Maybe the rumors for Derrick Henry too at the trade deadline this year. So if that happens, I'll be very excited about Josh Leibs. Don't you worry Bogman? I want to ask, so you are the highest among the staff on Isaiah Pacheco, but you are the lowest by a lot on Deandres Swift, much lower than consensus. I believe you have marb twenty seven. It's not even close to where he is in ECR. Is that of the two you feel stronger about Swift being ranked too high than Pachecko being ranked too low.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, one hundred percent. I like Pachecko for two reasons. Number one, he's a workhorse beast that is not going to go down. He's going to score a lot of touchdowns. And he's you know, playing with Patrick Mahomes, which is just a great spot to be in. So in terms of skill, he's fine, but great offense, he's their guy. They're going to keep giving the ball. I love it. Then he's going to be there for a little bit, so I like him. DeAndre Swift is an unrestricted free agent this year, and I could see the Eagles going a completely different way if they brought him back. I will raise him right But right now, he's going to be a free agent and he's behind one of the best offensive lines in the league, and he finally produced. You know, he wasn't good with the Lions we saw how good Montgomery and Gibbs are, so I don't know. I think his skill is kind of middling. He's a good back, I wouldn't call him a great back. He's had some injury stuff in the past as well. It's just not really interested in DeAndre Swift. I think his value is way too whidh right now. I would probably try to go ahead and trade him and get what I can for him.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows I love going to games live, but I hate the process of buying tickets. It's always so confusing, where the fees come in with the view from the seats actually look like if I can even trust the seller. It's all very complicated. That's why I love game Time because they think you shouldn't have to worry when you buy tickets to your next big event. They're the fast and easy way to get to your next sports, music, comedy, or theater event because they take the guesswork out of buying tickets. I had a great experience using game game Time last fall. I've told the story on the show. Before I went to see the O's in the playoffs when I was back East. The site was super easy to navigate. I had a question about the seller, and game Time's customer support team responded to me the morning of the game with a swift, clear answer to my question. My mom and I made the trek up to Baltimore without worrying about if we'd have any trouble getting into the game or not. The only trouble we had was the Orioles losing. That was terrible. Game Time is the only ticketing app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase. See the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show your total upfront so you know you're getting a great deal before you check out. And you can buy tickets in seconds with two taps, so take the guestwork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, Create an account and use code Fantasy Pros for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Create an account and redeem code fa n tas y p Ros for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, Last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Bob, as we were talking before the show, and you took advantage of game time to go. Your one up to me. I went to a you know, a Division series game. You went to the World Series.
Speaker 3: I did, and my team also lost to the Rangers.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we had a great time watching our teams lose to the Rangers. But yeah, game Time made it happen in awesome seats for the Welsh, and I took his son too, got to experience the World Series.
Speaker 3: So it was a great time.
Speaker 4: And I love game Time And like you said, great app and you can see exactly where your seat's the point of view, it's so good.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna hold them to if the Orioles make it to a World Series game that I want World Series tickets. So game Time, I hope you're listening, and we'll and we'll hook.
Speaker 3: Me up there.
Speaker 1: We know the Brewers aren't going to make it, so fits will never have that opportunity.
Speaker 3: But not now.
Speaker 1: The council's gone, Oh all right, let's let's move to the seats. Here here, this is RB sixteen. Javonte Williams, then Ramadre Stevenson, Tony Pollard, Alvin Kamara, Austin Eckler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Naje Harris, Brian Robinson and Nick Chubb. It runs from RB sixteen to RB twenty five. If you weren't counting fits, you are the lowest staff member on Remandre, Austin Eckler, and Nick Chubb. Which of those three guys do you feel strongest about Remandre?
Speaker 2: Like his talent level, I think just below the superstar threshold, and it's not entirely clear what his role is going to be, but like, I'm still pretty optimistic that he's going to be a like provide RB two fantasy value in twenty twenty four. Eckler, I mean, like, I think the end is nigh there. And Chib it's just boy. I mean, a guy who had already had a major knee injury in his past and now has this. Like I'm just concerned. I don't know if we see the same Nick Chubb when he's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fair kind of arguments against all three of them. I kind of expect to see those rankings get lower as the offseason goes on and as we start to see even more updates come in from experts around the industry on those three guys. So I think you're kind of spot on there, Bagman, you are the highest on Brian Robinson and you are way the highest on Najie Harris. I want to ask you about Harris because you're nine spots higher than anybody else on staff here. So why are you still a believer in Harris even after the Jalen Warren that we saw this year?
Speaker 4: Because Mike Tomlin is still the head coach, and I also am gonna be low on Warren because I don't know how many touches he can handle. To be honest with you, he's got a small frame. So naj he's had a thousand yards in each of his first three seasons. He's a three hundred touch guy. Kenny Pickett is probably going to remain the quarterback of the Steelers after Mike Tomlin's press conference yesterday and talking about how he's staying and he's still committed to Kenny and all that stuff. So this is going to be a run first offense with Naji being the A back and Warren being the BE back. I don't think a ton is going to change in terms of usage. Hopefully a lot is going to change in terms of the offense. So look, maybe we get an offensive coordinator that comes in and says, yeah, look, we need to give the ball to Jalen Warren more. If that's the case, will be I will hop on the Jalen Warren board because I do think he's probably maybe a little bit more skilled than Naji.
Speaker 3: At least he is way more explosive.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 4: But Naji is just going to be fed the rock. We watched the last four or five games. It was all nause all running down hill and they got behind the identity of this offensive line. I think that is what is going to be the basis of the Steelers offense next year and probably the next couple of years. So I think Nase is gonna get the football a lot. So I'm still high on Naj because I think the workload is going to be there for him. For Brian Robinson. I just I think this guy is a complete back. I think he's a step below, you know, like Josh Jacobs in terms of those Alabama backs and coming out. This dude can do everything. Washington has had issues on offense. Obviously, the quarterback has been a problem. Sam Howell is Jekyl and Howell is what I called him all year long because some games he looked like an MVP, and other games he looked like a rookie off the street. He was great and terrible. I think Antonio Gibson is gone. He's a free agent. I don't think he's coming back. I think this team has a lot of positions to invest in outside of running back, so I think the money in draft capital is going to be spent on other spots. So I think Brian Robinson's going to see an increased workload this year. I think he can handle it, and I think he can be a three down back, so I think he could jump off the page this year. I think he's coming at a value right now, So I'm going to be high on Robinson for sure.
Speaker 1: Fitz, this is kind of the tier of veterans. I mean, guys like Kamara Eckler, Joe Mixon who have been productive for a long time, you know, considering the position they play. Is this kind of the right area for veterans that are likely, you know, they're on the back nine of their career and probably aren't going to be as quite a productive, but there's not really the people to replace them yet. What's kind of the logic behind all these veterans kind of clump together in the spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it kind of makes sense to put those guys in this general region. And I think their value depends on where your dynasty team is and whether you're ready to win a championship now or if you're building. And if you're building, I don't think you want these guys on your roster and you should be putting up the for sale sign. And if you're if you think you're on the cusp of a trophy, these are probably the guys you want to go out and get and see if someone will take a second round draft pick for some of these guys.
Speaker 1: Bog mean. The last guy I want to ask about in this tier is the guy at the top of the tier, Javonte Williams. He's RB sixteen in ECR, but according to our staff, he's RB thirteen, and every member of the staff has him ranked higher than RB sixteen. So what is it that you think maybe the larger industry is missing on Javante that has us a few spots higher.
Speaker 3: I think there's number one.
Speaker 4: I think Javonte is one of the hardest guys to rank because you know he had the huge injury he came back late this year. He kind of he looked a little shaky to start, then he looked good, and then he looked maybe a little shaky again. He kind of went with the offense. But I think being another year removed from knee surgery, knowing what he was when he came in, and knowing that Russell is gone, this team has to find a new quarterback, which means they're most likely to focus on the run game. I think it's a lot like the Nause and Jalen situation, except for next season. For Denver, I feel like it's going to be Javante and Jalil McLaughlin there.
Speaker 3: So I feel like.
Speaker 4: In this big committee of a run first offense, it's going to be Javante at the top of it, with Jaliel being the secondary kind of, you know, like I said, the Jalen Warren type of guy, the thunder and lightning if you will. But they're both much closer to being just both good backs instead of thunder and lightning.
Speaker 3: I just think they're both going to get used a lot of.
Speaker 4: Davante is going to be at the front of it, and I think if he looks better, he's going to be worth, you know, maybe even more than this. So I don't want to sell too low on him because he's still young, he's still very talented and it should be a run first offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to his point, Yeah, I just wanted to jump in on Javante. I mean, like the I don't think we saw the same explosive back that we saw at the beginning of his NFL career, where I mean he had some of the highlight plays where he would have just tacklers, he was dragging guys for like twenty twenty five yards, like he was power, speed, shiftiness, the total package. Hopefully we see more of that in twenty twenty four, because he didn't look one in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think I think that's all really reasonable. I think bog can put it best like he is one of the toughest guys to rank right now, because I could so easily see this ranking going in both directions, you know, this time next year, depending on what happens this offseason and what happens this upcoming season. So I'm really curious to see where he winds up, honestly, both in terms of how he produces and what the industry makes of him as we go through the next couple of months. Let's move to the D tier here. This is thirteen names. It's from RB twenty six to RB thirty eight. I'll just quickly read through them. Zach Sharpernay, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Taj Spears, Jalen Warren, Roshawn Johnson, James Connor, Kendre Miller or Khalil Herbert, Chuba Hubbard, Jerome Ford, Devin Singletary, and Raheem Moster. So it's obviously a much bigger tier as we're getting here further down again, that runs from RB twenty six Zach Charboney through RB thirty eight Raheem Moster. Our staff has lots of these guys as top twenty four Dynasty running backs, guys like Sharboney, Deric Henry, tyj Spears, Jalen Warren. The staff rankings all have them higher than they are in the industry consensus. Bagman, you disagree on Spears and Warren. You kind of hate them both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not and this is my joke.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh, you have them below consensus, you must hate them, Yeah, you know, so, I don't. I love both these guys. To be honest with you, Warren just really impressed me this year. The explosion, you know, the elusive rating, the mistackles force that fact. I think he was fourth or fifth in receptions among running backs. He is a good back, he's just blocked by Naji and I don't think a lot of that's going to change, which is why I have Nause ranked high. So you know, he's over two hundred touches this year, but I think that's probably where he's capped. And for Tennessee, obviously a new coaching regime is going to come in here. Are they gonna like Taija. Is he gonna be their guy? Or are they gonna go out and spend on a running back and bring someone else in? Because I think Taija is in the same boat as Jalen in the fact that he is a great running back. But he's a guy that's probably capped somewhere around two hundred touches. He did it at Tulane. There's a difference between tu Lane and the NFL, and I think that he should probably be a little bit limited in his touches. I don't want to see him getting twenty to twenty five a game because I think he will break down if he gets that. So for both, these guys are both very skilled, both explosive backs that will put up huge numbers for you in some weeks, but there's other weeks where they may go by the wayside. So I just want them as RB three's not as RB twos.
Speaker 2: It's not about Spears not having one of his acls.
Speaker 3: Is that anything to do with it?
Speaker 2: No, because he ran not worried about a Jaya Jai type career where like one great season and then he's out.
Speaker 4: To my argument Fitzie, but I don't so much care about that because he's proven he can do it without the ACL, So you know, will he slow down quicker, maybe, But I'm not even worried about that, especially if he is limited in his touches, because it's less shots that he's going to have to take. So I just think that you know, both those guys, you already have the big back uh next to Jalen, And I think Tennessee, especially with the offense built around Derrick Henry, you either want to bring Derrick Henry back or you want someone like Derrick Henry to come in to not have to completely overhaul this already bad offense unless you're just going to tank for a couple of years and rebuild it. And if that's the case, I'll move Tyj up because he'll have two to three good years of a lot of touches, right because it probably won't spend on a running back. But I think right now the goal should be to figure out the quarterback spot, fix the O line, and get a big, hulking back in there to take most of the case and Tija to be the change of pace guy. He can be the full workload guy. Maybe they go that way with him, It's just not how I would build it. So right now I have him as an RB three and to.
Speaker 1: The to the you know, ACL point on spears like, let's say you know for a fact that he's only going to give you two two and a half good years and then is going to break down. For most running backs and dynasty, you kind of take that like outside of the elite upper echelon, that's really all you can ask for is its position changes so much so quickly. Speaking of Derek Henry, though fits you are the lowest on the staff. On Derrick Henry, I think you're ten spots lower than than Boggs. Is where do you think Henry ends up? What backfield will he be, you know, leading or a part of in a committee next year? And how will that impact your ranking on him?
Speaker 2: How about Dallas put him there, let him be the early round, the early down thumper, and let Tony Pollard go back to the role Tony Pollard had when Ezekiel Elliott was the early down thumper in Dallas. I could see him in Minnesota. Boy the too often.
Speaker 3: To sell it for Wormley.
Speaker 1: Just say it for Wormley.
Speaker 2: I guess the headline, it's all what the Ravens are. We know the Ravens are going to add back somewhere, whether it's free agency or the draft, So I could I could see Derek Henry there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: I hate it any but he's going there like he wants to win a ring. He's tired of losing a great offensive line, run first team. He won't have to have as many carries because Lamar will get some, and they'll have Mitchell as a change of base guy. He's going to Baltimore and he's gonna score a million touchdowns, which is why I can't lower him it is because yes, I do think he's slowing down. I don't think we're gonna see those explosive run over thirteen guy runs from Derrick Henry. But he's still gonna have double digit touchdowns. But probably no matter where he.
Speaker 1: Could, he could take all those Gus Edwards short yardy touchdowns he saw this year. And also I think have a better yards per Carrie just giving the offensive line and the threat of Lamar, like you know, opening up those holes. I think Henry would absolutely feast in Baltimore. So it would be nice if it happens, as long as the price is right. But we'll see. I do want to ask about some of these rookies that are in this tier, particularly Kendrey Miller and Roshan Johnson Bogman. What kind of chances do you put on second year breakouts from those guys. I know, obviously you have some degree of an affinity for Rochean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Roshan is a Texas guy for sure. What hurts that is eber flu staying right? And what is this offense gonna look like If it's Cliff Kingsbury then I don't know. Probably no running back is gonna matter. Really, It's gonna be justin fields and three whiteouts, right, So I Roseean, I feel I can carry the bulk. I think he can do the job. He hasn't gotten a chance at He didn't get in Texas because Beijon was there, didn't really get it last year because he was banged up, Herbert was having a good game. They went with hot hand there, So I'm a little fearful that they'll do that again. But I think as a second year guy, he is going to push past Herbert and Foreman and probably whoever else they bring in Chicago. So I still think there's a lot of upside for Rochan.
Speaker 1: Fits of those two, is Rochan the guy that you would agree has the better chance of a second year breakout?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he needs a clear runway as far as usage, because I don't think Rochan is going to be all that explosive, But like, he is sturdy and durable and has a versatile skill set. So I don't know how valuable he's going to be in how many times you're going to want to put him in your starting lineup if he's a committee back, But man, if he can, like if he just gets the role mostly to himself anywhere. Then Yeah, I think he could be really valuable. Like Kendre Miller, we know nothing more about than we did when he was coming in as a prospect. He is the proverbial new car that has not been driven off a lot yet, so he hasn't lost value yet. I suppose that's a good thing. We just have no idea what he can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Jamal Williams is still there, and Alvin Kamara is still there in the worst part, Dennis Allen, He's still there.
Speaker 1: So lastly in this tier just quickly fits. You are higher on both Singletary and Shuba Hubbard in this year. Which of those two guys do you feel more passionate about?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, Like, it's hard to separate those two worm because they I've got them both ranked as Dynasty RB three, So it's not like I love those guys. But what they have in common is that both were perceived to be backups to start the twenty twenty three season and wind up as lead backs. And part of that is because their respective teams were disenchanted with what they were getting from the starters Damian Pierce in Houston and Miles Sanders in Carolina, and those two teams recognize the value of these backups and gave them the chance to play a lead role. So I don't think they are going to be long term solutions for anyone, and their time as lead backs is probably really short. But they're useful. They showed how useful they could be, and you know, I think they're certainly roster worthy and worth having for depth in your running back core. You know, I just it's hard to put them much higher than RB three territory.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the f tier here. Final tier will be talking about today. From RB thirty nine to RB forty nine, we've got AJ Dillon, Chase Brown, Damian Pierce, Tyler, Alger, Alexander Madison, Miles Sanders, Antonio Gibson, JK. Dobbins, Tank Bigs, Beat, Gus Edwards, and Keaton Mitchell. Again, that's RB thirty nine, AJ Dillon through RB forty nine. Keaton Mitchell fits one of the guys at the top there. Chase Brown, you are the highest on by a mile. I know you've been a Chase Brown guy for a while. I remember listening to the show last year, you know, talking about rookie drafts being intrigued by Chase Brown and what he did at Illinois. So you're still, you know, drinking the kool aid on him a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's not to like when he got the chance, showed explosiveness, showed he was really good in the passing game, and there is workhorse upside here because he handled a massive load at the University of Illinois, like where he was getting thirty carries.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like if the Bengals were to decide they've grown tired of Joe Mixon, and yeah, Joe Mixon has been good on the field, but sometimes it hasn't always been a model citizen off the field. And if the Bengals wanted to move on, I mean, I think they could definitely give Chase Brown an audition for a workhorse role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seems like one of those. Not I'm saying that he's as good as or in the same situation or even stylistically the same. But it's almost similar to Kien Williams, where you have a guy who was a fifth round pick, like, oh, you know, late day three, do we really care about him that much? And then if he gets the opportunity ken shoulder a workload like that, because we've actually seen Chase Brown do it, you know, a similar workload do what we saw Kiroen get this year. Again, I'm not saying that Chase Brown is Kien Williams.
Speaker 3: I like that, though.
Speaker 4: I like you pointing that out, worm, because I think that is the correct mindset to have with Chase Brown and FITZI ranking him high is kind of signaling to you, guys. Look, I like Chase Brown. If he gets the full run at this job, I think he can do it. And I'm I'm in that boat too. I do think he can do it if he gets that job. But Joe Mixon already took one pay cut. I think he likes Cincinnati. I think they like having him, so I think that he may take the pay cut again and just want to stick with Cincinnati. And that stinks for Chase Brown. So I'm hoping that I'm wrong and they cut mix in and we get to see Chase Brown unleash here.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I'm going to be I think they're going to stick with Mixon.
Speaker 1: It will surprise nobody to hear that. I want to talk about the Ravens backfield in this tier three out of a four player stretch. JK. Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Keaton Mitchell are RB forty six, RB forty eight, and RB forty nine. Fitz, you are the lowest among the staff on Keaton Mitchell at Bogman, you are the highest on JK. Dobbins, and I think that's representative of this backfield could go a number of different directions. I think Fits is right when he alluded to they will almost certainly add somebody. This is a team that loves. That's sort of like Justice Hill fourth round draft pick, like using one of those compicks. They always have to add a fresh you know, running back. Keaton Mitchell looks amazing before he got hurt. JK. Dobbins has been amazing the rare times he's been healthy. Gus Edwards obviously is a great fit in the offense, has been around forever, scores a ton of touchdowns like Bagman. How do we make sense of this backfield for dynasty purposes?
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 4: You know, we talked about Javonte being a tough guid To rank. This backfield is tough to rank because I mean, how long is Keithon Mitchell going to be out right with the knee injury. We have no idea, so we know he's going to be back with the Ravens, but everybody else is a free agent.
Speaker 3: JK.
Speaker 4: Dobbins is a free agent, Gus Edwards a free agent. You know, Derrick Henry all the rumors of him wanting to go and potentially taking a pay cut to go to Baltimore as a free agent. So I don't know how this is going to work out. The only reason I have Dobbins, you know, as high as I do, is because he should be fully removed, ready to go this season. I don't know where he's gonna play, but I would also like to see him maybe a little bit limited in his touches to make him last longer, because we know he can't carry a full workload. He hasn't stayed healthy, so he's also a little one dimensional. I understand that, but I do think he can be the main back for a team still and carry the ball fifteen times for them. So I still believe in Dobbins a little bit. But that is a guy that I will fully admit could plummet if he takes longer to get back, if he remains unsigned, if the NFL shows signs that they're just out on Dobbins. I will also be out on Dobbins, but I think if he's healthy and signed somewhere, he'll be fine. But yeah, I mean, there's just not really a good way to solve this Ravens backfield because we know, no matter who comes in or or comes back, Lamar is the main guy. Yeah, if you promised me like guaranteed health for Dobbins, he'd be twenty spots higher at least. I'm still a huge believer in what he can be. There's just no hospit way you could trust that. The other name is Dalvin Cook, who is you know, gonna be twenty nine years old at the start of next season. We don't know how he's gonna look in this hot nine going. Yes, he's he's not good.
Speaker 1: I'm not like suggesting you've got in trade for Dalvin Cook, but just another name that they like, reliable veterans. If he looks good during this playoff run that they hopefully go on, then that could just be another factor if they think they could bring him back cheaply fit fits. You are lowest on Keaton Mitchell, and I want to ask you about sort of the backfield in general, but also just the fit of getting a super speedy guy in this backfield worked so well. Mitchell was obviously the fastest running back we've seen in the backfield with Lamar and that was awesome to watch.
Speaker 2: Baltimore is Chernobyl for running backs and all these guys are radioactive, and you guys are out here with has Matt suits and Geiger counters and I just want to be on a different continents away from all these guys like JK Dobbins two major injuries, like I'm I'm done after two, Like I don't think we're ever seeing the JK. Dobbins from Ohio State come back. And explosiveness was Keithon Mitchell's calling card. But what happens after the major injury? And like we know he's never gonna be a guy who carries a heavy load because of how small he is. He's he's like, you know, h chin light, So he just is never gonna be a twenty touch guy. He needs that explosiveness and will he still have it? Gus Edwards doesn't Kayach passes, I mean Dalvin Cook like, no thanks, I just don't even want him on my roster. So you know, you guys can you guys can stay out here in radioactive land. I'm gonna be somewhere else.
Speaker 3: We feel like the did you guys see the Chernobyl show? I just didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand what you're talking about here, Fitz.
Speaker 2: You guys are the guys throwing the concrete slabs off the road? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bear ass right?
Speaker 4: Like what are those guys doing it naked because of the heat or whatever?
Speaker 1: Do Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I understand what you're talking about, but I just look at the other backs, Like, who am I putting Dobbins over? That's so egregious? Khalil Herbert, maybe Chewba Hubbard.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna buy into Chewba Hubbard. I understand you not wanting him because of the knee injuries and you're not believing in him and being back, but I want to I want to see how the NFL responds if he's a free agent forever and nobody signs him and he's not really making progress and all that stuff. Okay, I'll lower him a decent amount below kind of these beback type of guys that can still do the job, you know, the Devin singletaries and stuff like that, But I don't know if the Ravens go, Hey, Derek Henry wants too much money. We can bring Dobbins back for cheap and he can be our guy for as long as he's gonna go, and then we'll piece together like we did this year with Gus Edwards and a bunch of free agents. Then I'm gonna be back in on Dobbins, so I will wait and see how the NFL responds to him. Look, I think your point about Mitchell and his speed is more than fair, so that there's definitely but he's also very young still, you know, first big, and let's just let's give him a chance to come back and see what he looks like. I need to make a quick point so I don't actually get fired from the show. I am not recommending anybody roster Dalvin Cook. I'm just saying it's another name that could be thrown like just kind of muddy the waters a bit for the running backs we actually would care about. I have in no way saying, oh, he's a Raven, might I have to recommend him? Please do not, you know, assume That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Before I got.
Speaker 4: Off delete this email now warmly, so you can say shown.
Speaker 1: Before we get off this tier, Bogman, any other guys he didn't mention that you just want to hit on whether in this tier I know you know at the top of the next tier is ty Chandler. That's a guy you're highest on. Anybody that we didn't hit on that you want to just briefly touch on.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think Fitz and I are both probably really interested to see where Antonio Gibson ends up because he was not properly utilized in Washington at all. So he's a little longer in the tooth now. I know he's not trustworthy to a lot of people, but he's a guy that could be a throw in or maybe an ad off the if he ends up in a good spot and put him in Carolina fits. You know, I think he's better than Chewbo, right, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean he's got size, he's got speed, he's got pass catching ability. It's just that you know, he's the fumbling thing has haunted him, and Ron Rivera was always really quick to throw Antonio Gibson in fumble jail. So yeah, he's interesting. Damian Pierce too, like I'm gonna be the truther on Damian Pierce who goes down with the ship. Maybe he's just not that good, but like there have been flashes that guy runs hard, and like early in the season in twenty twenty three when he was the lead guy, that offensive line was so ravaged by injuries, Like, I don't think anyone could have succeeded there, So I kind of want to see him get them all again after a disappointing twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: I'll mention two other guys here just kind of bey on this tier. I want a Handcuff Hall with the Banakanda because I do think there's upside with him. I don't think he's gonna be on the field lot because you can't take bris All off right, kind of like Eli Mitchell with San Francisco and Christian McCaffrey, Like they're never taking CMC off the field, but if he gets hurt, you want Mitchell because he's a good back and they would give him the workload. I also kind of feel that way about Michael Carter if he sticks with Arizona. If he sticks with Arizona and is backing up James Connor, you know James Connor got through the year fairly healthy. It's not really a James Connor trait. So I would like to just be handcuffing those guys a little more than maybe some of the guys, because those backs behind them have decent skill. And I love ty Chandler, but Kevin O'Connell hates running the football and giving the football to running backs that don't fumble.
Speaker 3: He loved.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe that's where Antonio Gibson should go. You know how many retreads did Alexander Madison get after fumbling this year? Maybe that's where Gibson should go. I don't know, but I do like ty Chandler's skill, and I think that, you know, there's other positions in Minnesota is gonna need so running back is going to be fairly low on their totem pole in terms of you know, needs and the offseason. So I think ty Chandler could get another shot.
Speaker 1: I promise some rookie talk here at the end of the show. And it's a really interesting class. Last year we had very obviously Bejeon Robinson and Jamier Gibbs at the top of the class. This year, that guy doesn't exist. If you look at early superflex rookie mock drafts. It's all quarterbacks, wide receivers, Rock Bauers. It's late in the first, maybe even early into the second that you're looking at the first running back. So I want to ask you, guys, who is RB one in this class? Obviously we had some guys not come out of college that we may be expected to at the beginning of the season. Is it? You know, there's the Badger Braylan Allen, There's Jonathan Brooks. So a couple of guys, you guys are interested in, who is RB one?
Speaker 3: Bogman.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, if Jonathan Brooks was healthy, it would be JB to me, no question in this group. Now, Treveon Henderson, we wanted to come out, went back with in a weird situation at Ohio State to split running back carries now with Quinnchawn Jenkins, who's moving over there from Old Miss. It's going to be weird. Both very good, but Chuckkins is better. So I just thought that was a weird move for Traveon Henderson to go back, but he wants to win a Natty at Ohio State, so I get it. And then Rockett Sanders, I thought was going to be a big back to in this class who ended up going back to college. So, like you said, worm, that kind of put the brakes on the excitement for me for this class and digging in, I have like these guys a little worse.
Speaker 3: I gotta say.
Speaker 4: I think Blake Korham is going to be the first running back off the board. He's very good running back from Michigan. You guys saw him in the Natty. He wasn't the guy making those big explosive runs. That was Donovan Edwards, but he was your grinded out guy. He's a small back that is probably a little misused at Michigan. He can run inside, his vision is good, but I want him in space. I want him to kick it outside. I think, you know a lot like Tony Poller. I think he would be much better if he gave him the ball in space because he has all the moves. But he is a tough runner, grinder, like I said, a little bit undersize, which is concerning, but he's probably the top guy to me.
Speaker 3: After that.
Speaker 4: I like Bucky Irving out of Oregon kind of another guy that is going to work better in space now. He had some good inside runs because the Oregon center Powers Johnson is going to be the first center off the board, A real road grader. He made open spots for Bucky, but the more I watch a Bucky, the more I like him. My buddy c K, who I do an NFL draft show with over in this league, mentioned James White, and I can't get it out of my head. He looks a lot like James White. He's going to be a big pass catcher. I feel like moving on below those guys, you know, like I said Jay Jonathan Brooks towards ACL in November, so he decided to declare to rehab, you know, with whoever drafts him. But he's gonna be a fifth or sixth round guy. He's going to be a grab and sash, but I mean power back. He is a complete back. And he didn't get a lot of love because Bijon was there and Roshan was there the year before, so we really didn't know what we were getting out of him. This year, he was unbelievably impressive. Trey Benson from Florida State is super explosive. Here's the thing though, and a lot of people are gonna like him more than me. He runs upright and he gets tackled too easy for me, so like to me, I really like him, and he gets a burst, but all I can see is Ronald Jones. If you guys remember Ronald Jones, who I was big on coming out of USC. It reminded me a little bit about of Robert Smith, the old Minnesota Vikings running back. But it's like every time someone gets a hand on him, he goes down. I'm kind of seeing a little bit of that with Trey Benson. And the last guy I really want to bring up here is Fitzi's guy who I am gonna be a little bit lower on in Braylan Allen, huge hulking back, but I mean I just see aj Dillon two point zero man, Like, he's just not There's not enough burst there for him to do it at the NFL level, I don't think. Maybe he surprises me at the combine and runs an impress of forty and maybe I'll be a little bit more in but he just really lacks that explosion at some of those other Wisconsin backs to So there's other guys in here that we will hit on more as we, you know, get deeper in the process. Will Shipley out of Clemson, Marshall Lloyd out of USC. There's a lot of love for Ray Davis out of Kentucky's a great story. So there are there's some depth to this class, but there's nothing at the top end. And these seem like more role players than we do have, like you know, guys that are going to come in and carry the ball twenty times for their team fits.
Speaker 1: I do want your opinion on Braylan Allan as a guy who watched him closer than anybody. As we say, this will not be the case on Draft David. As we stand here right now recording, he is a teenager. He is still only nineteen years old. He will be twenty on draft day. He had such an early start through his career Wisconsin. He is I think kind of fun to what. I really like Braylan Allen, So I think I'm definitely hired him than Bogman. And as anybody listening will hear me say a lot going forward, if I disagree with Bogman, you should probably side with him. But I do like I do like Braylan Allen, and if he's like you know, a third or fourth round pick, like two again, like the Ravens for example, a team with an obvious spots of phil That is a good running situation. I'm gonna be really excited about a guy like that. But Fitz, obviously you know Braylon Allen better than anybody. What do you think about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're gonna be Jonathan Taylor Comps. I don't think those are fair because I Taylor's just a much better runner and always has been, and I like there might even be Derek Henry Comps. And the thing is, Braylan Allen is going gonna go into the combine and bogs. Like you might be under selling his explosion a little bit. I think he's going to run a really good forty time and get people super excited. They're gonna look at the age, the fact that this guy weighs like two hundred and forty pounds and can move, but he doesn't really catch passes, or at least not officially, like he's kind of a zero in the passing game. And Dynasty leagues are PPR leagues after all for the most part, and he gets dinged a lot for a bigger back like he is constantly coming off the field. So I think that's gonna be kind of an issue because we never had that issue with Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin. We certainly didn't have it with Derrick Henry. So yeah, like he's not going to be my top guy. I think my top guy is probably going to be Blake Korum. But we are going to see a lot of shuffling and different dynasty champion this year. Yeah. People are going to be championing ning different people throughout the process. And I'll give you our friend, Dave Heilman, Friend of the Show, is organized the first rookie mock that I'm taking part in right now. We're sixteen picks in, no running backs taken yet. It's a super flex mock. We have not seen the first one come off the board yet, So I think that's the kind of draft it's going to be. I doubt we see one go in the first round of most super flex.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you one thing here fits uh Braylan Allen or Roshan.
Speaker 2: At this point, Rochan, I think that.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what I think too, So that's kind of where I have Braylan Allen kind of in that range. I think both similar type of backs, big hulking backs. I think, you know, I think Roshan is maybe a little more explosive, maybe Braylan Allen is, but kind of the same deal. You know, zero in the past game good pass blockers because of their size both you know, obviously Allen has the years though so.
Speaker 1: Well well to your point, also, the combine is gonna be really important, so is landing spot that's gonna really determine.
Speaker 3: And interviews, you know, like there's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be and what round they actually get drafted in. If if if a couple of guys are Day two picks as opposed to fourth routers, they're probably gonna move.
Speaker 4: I think Braylon ow is so much different if he goes to Tennessee versus if he goes to Baltimore because of the old line very much.
Speaker 3: So good point where yeah, right, and uh.
Speaker 1: We'll get out of there on that. Thank you guys for letting me join in here for a fun conversation. I look forward to many more of these shows. I look forward to learning a lot on these shows and kind of helping me out. Fits and I are in a work dynasty league together, so hopefully I can pick his marine and then take advantage of him in that league. As we move forward here, before Bogman and Fits, I'm Ryan Warmley. Everybody. Thank you for tuning in and we'll see you again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.