Speaker 1: Look who's here?
Speaker 2: Oh, baby, guys.
Speaker 1: I missed you so much, you guys, and I'm so happy that Donald you you you took the time to put on the Mickey Mouse hoodie because I was worried you might not be wearing it.
Speaker 3: Dude, listen, this is a tradition.
Speaker 1: This is your uniform.
Speaker 3: This I jumped right back into play. Here's what are you wearing? Man? You got a hoodie on?
Speaker 1: You're gone, all three of us change. You seem to you have your Scrubs podcast uniform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniel, where are you?
Speaker 1: Daniel lives in New York. Now I'm in our new apartment.
Speaker 3: Daniel, you live in New York Now you're still married? Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, we moved together, dog, and all you guys were back. Missed you so much. So much has happened, So I don't know how we begin to do a podcast.
Speaker 3: How do we start?
Speaker 1: There's so much that's happened, But most importantly, I'll tell you where we start. We start with that Donald Faison has a hit new comedy.
Speaker 4: I can do.
Speaker 3: Don't druseph lause, Daddy, Yes, you're freaking John Cryer, Abigail Spencer, Sophia Capana, Finn Sweeney Lenny Klak Show ran by Michae O'Malley.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you man. Now, when is an on? Tell everyone when it's.
Speaker 3: On Tuesdays eight thirty following Night Court on NBC. Please tune in.
Speaker 1: It's doing really well. I saw the number.
Speaker 3: Well it's yes, it's doing well. The critics hate us, but you know what, that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I got to tell you that, you know, you made a family sitcom that everybody can watch with their kids. It's not exactly the kind of thing critics stereotypically are going to go, you know, ape shit.
Speaker 3: For somebody said to me and I and then it made a lot of sense. If a critic likes your sitcom, your sitcoms probably not going to last on television very long because it's a very small group of people that it's a niche type of sitcom. Because critics have seen every sitcom that's ever been on, so yours is now niche, and so now critics are like, it's very different. Right, nobody wants a different sitcom. We are what you are looking for when it comes to sitcom television, right.
Speaker 1: And I also think that Amen and I also think that parents are you know, you hear all the time people being like, what the fuck can I watch with my kids? Because everything on TV that's cool and that people love is edgy. And you know, people are always looking on for someon what can you put on after dinner at at eight thirty? Or you could I suppose you could TV. I was about to say tv R you can stream it or whatever, and just I know, I was about to say videotape and watched your kids and you made that. You made a wholesome sitcom that's funny that everybody can watch together, So don't worry about negative views.
Speaker 3: And is with John Cryer, dude, it's with freaking Sean Cryer. Look if you follow me on Instagram or or my career at all, Uh, there are two people in my other than Harrison Ford. There are two people in my life that had a big influence on me as a teenager, and that was Kadeem Hardison as Dwayne Wayne and then John Cryer as Ducky that character. I missed them together and that's who I played in high school. You know what I mean? Because nobody, let's keep it one hundred. Nobody's who they really are in high school. We're all you know what I mean, we're all playing a role. But anyway, that was the character I decided to play in a high school full of actors and stuff like that, musicians.
Speaker 1: Did you wear the glasses with the fold up?
Speaker 3: I did, but both of them had the glasses if you recall.
Speaker 1: Oh, they did them.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing you like, you liked to not just the glasses, the hat, the vest. Sometimes maybe wear a bow tie to school. Maybe not, you know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, I ran into your cast at a at a Emmy's pre party, and I was so funny. I was like, I was like your wife. I was like, he's having so much fun with you guys, like clutching my pearls, being like he just loves being with you. Guys.
Speaker 3: We want you on the show. How about that?
Speaker 1: Well, if you come on, if you write me a funny cameo, I don't want to do a cameo. I want a good part.
Speaker 3: No, you have a good part.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming into So the audience goes, woo.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no, no, it's not gonna be that.
Speaker 1: I want a good part.
Speaker 3: You have, you have way too much television talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't want to be a Woo Donald basically in all aspects of my life. I'm just trying to do things where I'm not just a boo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt keep it one hundred after sex and woo is necessary.
Speaker 1: To say woo after you have sextion? No, she has an orgasm and she's like whoo.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagine your spouse after or whoever, your lover, whatever, you guys have, just whoever it is after you have just climax and they have climax, they go whoo it.
Speaker 1: I missed you. You look hot at the Critics Choice Awards.
Speaker 3: I saw you.
Speaker 1: That was a nice suit.
Speaker 3: You looked hot at all of these parties.
Speaker 1: I saw you at well, I only went to a couple I did. I did have a really cool hang with your with your boy Harrison last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did. You guys look like you were doing it. Pig come out on stage at the critics started to cut you off, Buddy, I come, and this is the last time I promised. I'm just excited about.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we're going to do a show. I have nine thousand things to talk about. I'm not going to do an hour and a half show.
Speaker 3: But go ahead. All of this stuff is new to me. When Scrubs was going on, you were the star of Scrubs. You know, well it was an ensemble, but you were the head of the ensemble and you were the star of it, and so you had to do and you were there all the time, and so the show really surrounded about around you, and you had to go and do all of this press and stuff like that and get out and do you know. But we were young and we had the stamina for it and everything. Right. So now as an adult, it's a joke that was made at the award show. But you know, when I was younger, I definitely wanted to be at the award shows and get my picture taken and everything like that. Now I get it, it's for pressed and we're there to make everybody happy, you know what I mean, at the studio for the network, you know, so the fans can see us and know that our show is out there and everything. But I wanted to be at my kids' basketball game. Anyway, I got dressed up, we go out and everything, and it's exactly when I was younger what I wanted. You know what I mean. It was exactly that. As an adult. You know, I'm literally in between the show at the critics' choice, I'm watching on Live Barn my kid play basketball and everything like that and looking up with you know what I mean, trying to you know, applaud when I'm supposed to applaud and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know when I was younger, you don't want to get caught on the camera because people won't know it's something as sweet as watching your kids basketball. Be like this motherfucker's board and watching watching.
Speaker 3: The sports right right, exactly, but it's exactly what I wanted. All of the big celebrities and stars were in the house at this Bad Boy, and it was like, wow, this is this is cool, this is great all right, but uh yeah, I really wanted to be watching my kids.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet. You're a very good dad, and that makes my heart warm. But I also want to say you looked great. I like that suit. That was a nice suit.
Speaker 3: I like Paul Smith's baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah he looks great.
Speaker 3: And you know I'm gonna be on can be honest with you real quick.
Speaker 1: We don't want any lies on the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. That's something that wardrobe put together for me, mashup of Dolce and Gabana Paul Smith. I think I had my shoes would definitely Louse Biton because the bottoms were red with the bottoms biton Chris Carpet like woo like how I like it? After sex?
Speaker 1: Oh so you had lou batons and uh green, it was like a green velvet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul Smith. Yeah, and then Doce and Gabana pants. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You clean up nice, baby, you clean up nice.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Haircut by Vaughan.
Speaker 1: I got to go to a I went to the Apple party last night after them, and that was really cool.
Speaker 2: You looked fire, dude, Really.
Speaker 3: You look handsome. That picture you, Harrison and Bill, you guys look like the rat, the rat pat type. It was dope.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I just threw on a little something. And the cool thing is, I'm really We're about to gear up and start shrinking season two and I am directing episodes number three and number four, So I'm really excited. I love the show. I love the cast, and you know it's just cool, you know, with Harrison in all that mayhem, you know, with all these people vying for his attention. I had this kind of cool moment where you like did that thing where you're like, you know, called me over and said, come sit down next to me and talk to me. So that's obviously very surreal, even though I know him now, But it also was cool just because gearing seeing the whole cast and like getting excited, and I don't know, I'm stoked, you know, those of you outside the business, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: We've been on strike for so long, and I'm just so excited to go be creative because it's been so long since I've been able to do anything creative and I love this show and I have so much fun doing it. And then Last So Too, I mean, even though I'm just a minuscule part of it, it was just kind of cool to see all the Last Soo gang from For those of you who don't know, I directed an episode of Last so season one, episode Too, the Biscuits. I did. It might be your favorite episode because it's the one about the biscuits. Just you know, but I know it's cool to see the whole Lasso gang because when I directed Last so none of it had happened yet, you know. I I directed episode two of season one, and I was like, this show is cute and funny and everyone's really talented, and I think people are gonna like it. And I left, you know, so I'm seeing all that. I'm seeing all these cast members being like you guys, remember like they were all unknown other than obviously obviously Jason, and and and and Hannah was a bit known, and I and Juno sorry some of them most some of them are known, but you know, all the young guys. I was like, Oh my gosh, you guys, what it's so crazy to see you after all that's happened to you. That was just a fun, full circle moment.
Speaker 3: What's crazy about that is you you know, we talk about it a lot early on when you're developing what the show is. The first few episodes, the directors that come in, they're really the ones that formulate what is to come for the next if the show's success got the look for the next few seasons. That biscuit thing ran for really really, really really really long time, you know what I mean, all the way to the end almost I mean, well, at the end of the season when they figured out that he's making them shits himself.
Speaker 1: No, that was not That was the end of my episode Donald, but thanks for being a big fan. More importantly, I think what I got to do was set sort of the heart of it. You know, the pilot is really really funny of Lasso, but then season episode two was the first one that was like, Oh, don't worry, we're gonna break your heart too. Yeah, And I don't know, It's just so cool and I'm happy for them, and shrinking is is just so much fun to work on. And then there's another new Bill Lawrence drop coming out not till the summer, unfortunately, but I did. I did a little care dark on his new Vince Vaughn show called Bad Monkey that that's gonna be really good too.
Speaker 3: I say one last thing about the critics choice. It does involve Bill Lawrence too.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever you want, this is yours.
Speaker 3: I walk out on stage to present the award for Limited Series with my cast mates from the Extended Family, Abigail Spencer, John Cryer. We walk out on stage. Who's in the front looking right at me but Bill Lawrence, Neil Goldman, Harrison Ford, Brett Goldstein, and Jason Siegel. Yeah. So we walk out and right away, yo oh, they start screaming at me. On stage with these guys, so we start screaming back. I don't know if I don't know what if it was, I don't know if it got caught on television, but we're screaming live at each other. It was really nice to run down when you know, when it goes black and they're announcing the nominees and everything, to give Bill a hug and everything like that.
Speaker 1: It came you ran off the stage during the Parne Wow game. That's really really, really scandalous.
Speaker 3: Get back up on stage and and freaking John Cryer goes, Donald, you were two hugs away from Harrison Ford. I looked down Harrison standing dead center in the middle of the table, and I'm like, should I made He made the right choice, But oh man, I could have if I stayed a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know this season, Donald, because you know last season was COVID and so many rules. This season, I think you can come and visit us on the Warner Brothers a lot and comes to High High and meet your meet your favorite.
Speaker 3: I would love that a lot. That would be nice. Hell yeah, because I'll be that would be nice just to kick it with him. I wonder if he still smokes weed or if he ever did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was a carpenter hanging out with Carrie.
Speaker 1: Probably he wants uh, we were doing this bit in the episode I directed where he had to keep slamming a door and the and a little bit. I don't know if I told this story before, sorry if I did, But a little bit of the molding around the door came off and everyone was like, somebody call a carpenter. Ricos He's like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I got this.
Speaker 1: I was a carpenter. And he starts kicking it and kicking it and fixing the molding by kicking it back.
Speaker 5: We definitely haven't heard that story.
Speaker 3: No, that's the first.
Speaker 1: Wow. What else we we got to talk about the Emmy's that was. I personally loved Succession and I loved the Bear, and so I was happy that they dominated. I haven't seen Beef. I don't know if you guys have seen Beef, but.
Speaker 3: I've never watched any of these shows.
Speaker 1: We know that Donald, the audience knows.
Speaker 3: The hold on man the names of these shows. Okay, so Succession not necessarily the name of that one, but the beat on the theme song for that one is fire. Yes, yeah, that's one of the most Fire's theme songs ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I miss hearing it.
Speaker 3: Beef is the dopest, one of the dopest names for a show, because back in the day, beef was a hip hop thing. Yo, you got beef. Yeah, I got beef. You got beef. Yeah, we got beef. And that meant you were ready to you you hated each other and you guys were ready to throw down. It's gone so far into the mainstream main vein vein.
Speaker 1: You realize it is this. I haven't seen the show, but it is about a beef between two people. Yes, Wow, they cleaned up that. That is I mean, you gotta watch it now, right, How could you not watch it after it one?
Speaker 3: Have to watch it now? Yeah, you gotta watch it now. Yeah, all of these shows, freaking Succession, you got to go back and watch that now.
Speaker 1: I knew the moment, the moment I saw as a director Connor's wedding on Succession, I was like, this will win every single Emmy, and it did. I called it. I called it back after the fucking cut to black on that episode. That's a great one, right, Joelle, is she right.
Speaker 5: In the heart?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Oh Man and Kieren Culkin. I'm so happy for him. He just seems like such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Sally. Since he was a kid, we went together, me and that kid. Since he was a kid, I known him. That's right, He's always been a good kid.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of guys and gals, but I just my brain went to the guys who had just been doing this so long. They are finally having their moment, like Jeremy Allen White and Evan Moss and Kieren. Yeah, there's some.
Speaker 3: There's someone around for a very long time.
Speaker 1: I just I'm just so happy for people that have been like journeymen, actors and actresses or as the as the as the people say. I think this is correct, Joelle getting their flowers.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, indeed, it's.
Speaker 1: Lovely because it's very hard in this town. There's so many ups and downs, there's so many years. I mean, that was very moving when when Kieran was saying, like the thing about he said something about my manager has been with me even when no one would, you know, consider me for things. And I just I'm always very moved when people finally get their their moment of recognition for their talent. I just find it very very moving.
Speaker 5: Amen, it makes it all seem worth it.
Speaker 3: But this is also a town that's very what's next, you know what I mean. Of course, as as as much as it's awesome that everybody won awards last night, that ain't it's not over. We still got to keep pushing and congratulations to everyone that won, obviously, but what's next.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why they get a little time, Dolly, a little time to hold their emmy and and uh and and feel good. But about about a month they'll be like, oh god, I'll never work again. It's true. You you you have such when you have a hit, and when you have something that works, you're like, this is the universe. This is all the universe is ever gonna give me. I'm gonna even Chris Nolan was like, you know who never won shockingly, he never won a Golden Globe and he that's just crazy. And he was up there being like, I think you know I'm not mistaken. He said something like in case I'm never up here again, or something like that. But uh, you know, you get your you get your moment, and uh, I don't know. I like award shows. I mean it's also silly, like what art is better than other art. But I just love I love actors and I love directors, and I just love seeing it, seeing everybody be happy.
Speaker 3: I hate that the award shows are so focused on actors and not that I don't love actors and directors and everything like that. I think that when we were younger, there were so many categories, you know what I mean, and the categories were seen on television. Yeah, and I thought that was really cool, you know what I mean. Like, you know, I ran into Phil and Chris who did Spider Verse, and they got their award on the carpet. They found out they got there, that's where they found.
Speaker 1: No, which is insane. Do you think about the amount of artistry and work went into that award.
Speaker 3: And right exactly into one into that way into that movie. Just think about how much how much time and effort went into that and they found out on the red carpet, you know what I mean. I know it's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I know, what about cinematography and and and costume designer productions. I like the fact that those aren't presented. I guess just you know, the I think they assume probably rightly. I don't know that the that the public who's not mega into TV and film doesn't care. They just want to see the stars. I guess right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we're not seeing a change in viewership numbers though, so.
Speaker 1: I hope nobody nobody really cares.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I just feel like if you're if the whole premise of your awards is to celebrate the community of creatives.
Speaker 5: And let's give it.
Speaker 6: I mean freaking we miss Nick Offerman's speech for one of the best guest roles in a drama ever because he had to do it at the Creative Arts Emmys. I just feel like, you know, it would be great. I miss seeing costumes and makeup design and even the sound people because they show the clips and it's like, if you don't know how that stuff works, you get these like really short, bite sized clips that are like, oh this is I mean, the Oscars were my introduction to the entertainment industry at large, like what are all the jobs you can do? What are all the positions? And if that's not there, I think kids who you know, don't grow up inside of the entertainment industry miss out on a lot.
Speaker 5: And so I hope I hope Awards goes back to it.
Speaker 1: I mean, not awarding the cinematographer. Everything you're looking appreciating is the photography, and uh and the fact that that's I don't even know if if there were, I'm sure it was the creative art semis. I don't know what one cinematography in television this year.
Speaker 3: There's so many platforms too now where I don't know. It seems like the award show has gotten gotten very specific and it's who's in the audience. And that's cool, because I'm not gonna lie. It was cool to see Robert Downey Jr. The other night. That was really fucking cool. I didn't say shit. I didn't say The only person I spoke to really was Reese Witherspoon. I spoke to her daughter, and I got another story I gotta tell. So this happened. This is the last story I'll tell about this Award show because this is the first time ever in the history that this has ever happened to me before by someone in my own race. We're sitting there with a bunch of people at the table and a young African American lady comes up to me and goes, mister Gooding, I just have to say no, no, yes, oh.
Speaker 2: God, you don't look anything like.
Speaker 5: Look, yes, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 3: I just love you. And I go, let me stop you right there, young lady, I am not Cooba Gooding Junior or his brother oh.
Speaker 5: Mark, oh no.
Speaker 3: And she immediately doesn't apologize or anything, stands up and just walks away. Oh oh, walks away. I was like, and so this is in front of John Cryer and Abigail Spencer.
Speaker 1: And this is she was so embowras she had to just walk away.
Speaker 3: It is the first time African American any woman has ever done this this like, do you know how you look like him?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I mean I congratulated, listen, like inside I'm laughing hard, but the other part of me is like, I don't even look like the brother man.
Speaker 1: Like last night, a woman came up to me at the Apple party and she said, and there's two women and they were very lovely, and she said, I love you so much. And I said, thank you. I really appreciate that. She goes, it's just you're amazing, and I said, I thank you. You're so sweet, thank you so much. She goes, armchair expert is my favorite. She thought you were Dax. Oh no, but I at least look I at least look like Dax.
Speaker 3: I don't look anything like Coobagat and Junior other than the fact that we have similar skin color, and I think his is a little bit more golden.
Speaker 1: I'm so used to people thinking that I'm that I'm Dax that I just I know they're gonna be embarrassed, and so I feel bad almost telling them. Some sometimes I just walk away, and other times I'm just like, oh, you're thinking of of Dax. I. I also have a podcast. It's called Fake Doctors.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 1: I don't go into like my career. I'm always like, you know, since you like podcasts, I feel like I'll just yet one quick plug in with one person.
Speaker 3: That's next, next, three years, next year.
Speaker 1: I had a super cringe moment, by the way last night that I came I'm not drinking. I haven't had a drink in a very long time, but this is the kind of thing you would have happened drinking. But I I got home last night and I got in the tub. I'm been taking a lot of hot baths at the end of the day, which I really recommend. That's I have like a great epiphanies in the tub. Hot bath rules, A hot bath at the end of the night, no phone, nothing, just sitting there thinking. And you can have some I have some really great thoughts and creative ideas, but anyway, this one was a bad one. I pulled up, I went, I went with Amanda Clutes to the Apple party and as we're pulling up, I see this woman and again obviously one hundred percent sober, and I go, oh my god, she this woman. I have to tell you this crazy story being in my career. She and I go in this whole story and we get out of the car and I see the woman and I start referencing the story and I start telling her thank you for something she did for me when I was first starting out, and she's just being so sweet and nodding and kind, and I made like three references and that I had told Amanda. So Amanda was like, that's so sweet what you did for Zach. And we go in to the party and parties gad and I'm in my tub at the end of the night and I went, I think, that's a fucking different woman, perfect and it's so cringe. But she was so lovely. Because I'm ninety nine point nine nine nine percent sure it was not her, and and she was like nodding and smiling and being lovely. But I'm like, that's not the woman that I've think love And in the past I could have like blamed that on, like you idiot, you got two buzz Like no, I was stone hold.
Speaker 3: Now you were fine, It's all right though, somebody feels good, that's all right. But you saw to Dave Chapelle jump off somebody's living. You were in somebody's dream. Somebody. You were in somebody's dream, giving them all the affirmation they ever wanted and everything like that from you.
Speaker 1: It's so funny that I was, I think it myself, like here I am went to a giant party night, didn't even have a sip of booze. I'm sitting here in my tub, my tub thinking session. And I'm like, you still manage to say something so crinch.
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 1: Shit happens?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean one of the Nelson twins when I was at sushi once came up to me while I was eating and like a little bit more than a whisper because of a sushi and you have to talk louder than the people goes Alfonso.
Speaker 1: You don't look like Alfonso either. I know it's crazy, but dah, I have to take because we do look like brothers. But I and I always try and be sweet about it. But these people you don't look like. Yeah, there's no story.
Speaker 3: Not only have I been mistaken for somebody else by a celebrity, but also by somebody from my own ethnicity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go back as Joel found the cinematography Christian Sprang for Atlanta, which is incredibly shot, and m David Mullen for The Marvelous Missus Maisel, which is also incredibly shot. They do these epic wanners on Mazel that are so cool, and I sent a video to Bill of one of them like they because on Instagram it knows I love cinematography, so it sends me all these videos and the top half will be like the shot and the set, and the bottom half is the is the behind the scenes shooting the shot. And it was one of these, like such an epic wanner like all around a giant set and it went on for like like probably five minutes, and I sent it to Bill. I was like, we need to do shit like this.
Speaker 3: But check this out. That's another show though, right there. When You're Hot, Holy cow, You're hot. That won everything in the beginning. Nothing's really changed, you just said it so yourself. The shots are amazing. I don't doubt that acting has changed or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But it just had its moment, dude. It got so much love. They won so many awards. It's just now there's a new new kids on the block, you know. Yeah man, all these shot everything, everything that was nominated and beyond. There was so much good television this year. But you know, things things become the zeitgey's holy shit, have you not seen the Bear? I mean, have you not seen Succession? They just become like the most beloved things. It's so hard to make, as we've discussed on here so many times, something for everyone. You're not. You know, it's so rare that something breaks through and is so universally loved and and and so that's what that's what happens. It's just like and and sometimes sometimes the critics and everyone loves something that audiences don't. And the Succession and the Bear just as examples are our shows that just everybody fucking loved.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, this year, I'm congratulations to everyone who won from that show, and I hope it pushes the needle forward on your career, because that's what that's what we all hope, you know what I mean. It's not just the recognition of what you did, it's the possibilities of what you can do, you know as well. I hope it's all that everyone hopes for.
Speaker 1: Amen, Donald, I just want to say that during the Holiday, my movie A Good Person finally ended up on Prime.
Speaker 3: Humble brag this.
Speaker 1: Is it's a humble brag, but it's just a cool ending because I I didn't know when the movie got to Prime that it was gonna blow up like that. But the second it got to Prime and then it was the Holidays, so I was like, oh, it went to number one on Prime and all of Prime movies and it was the Holidays, and I was thinking, like, oh my god, like the Christmas movies are going to kick this movie out real quick. But at least I got to number one, and then they dropped the Eddie Murphy Original Christmas Movie, which of course was went to number one, and I was like, Okay, my time here is done. And then for like two weeks I was it like number two. I was at number three, and it was just like me and the Christmas movies chilling in the top ten on Prime and it was just such a good feeling. So I just wanted to from the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone who's listening, who took the time to see it, who took the time to tell their friends to see it, because that is I got a note from someone in Amazon. She's like, that is so many. She said, millions of people are seeing your movie, and that is more people than would ever see it in the theaters. And that's just all I could ever hope for. And so from the bottom my heart, thank you.
Speaker 3: Love that. Congratulations, Thank you guys. What we do as successful, everybody wants the holy trinity of successful, you know what I mean. Not only do the critics love it, but the people love it, and then also they watch it and they go to see it, you know what I mean. Everybody wants that one successful but successful. If you just get one or two of those, holy shit, how lucky are you? You know what I mean. But to make it accessible to where your fans can see it, you know what I mean. It's hard to get to a movie theater nowadays, and as much as I want people in the movie theaters, as much as I want people to go to movies, it's hard. You got to be freaking Tom Cruise, you know what I mean, You got to be It's difficult, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I think the time. You know, I don't know that i'll release when I make another indie drama d I don't know that it'll even it'll even be a thing where it goes to the theater. It's it's it's just a it's like a dying it's a dying thing. The idea of I don't know if it's okay. Well I'm not just not just I'm going to be a little fatalistic, if you don't mind. I think, as I heard this famous uh screenwriter say, eventually the theater movie theater is gonna be like the ballet in that there's a select group of people that love it and adore it and go. But it's it's not going to be the norm for the viewing experience. And that maybe sound very dire, but it's kind of happening. Of Course, there's Barbie. Of course, there's top Gun. Of course there's Oppenheimer. There are I'm not saying there won't always be these giant winds. But if you look at the Macro, you know when when Garden State came out of Sundance, there was there was just a you went to go see what was the cool movies that came out of Sundance. That was a thing, right, you know, because they weren't going to be on your TV forever and then you're gonna have to buy them on Blu Ray or whatever it was. The collection Now we haven't made that yet. I hope that we're about to be twenty years. I'm hoping they honor us with But anyway, my point is is just that now what Donald's saying, you know, people, it's it's it's the movie going experience is reserved for Obviously, you take your kids to something that's kid friendly. Horror does extraordinarily well still because people want to experience that in the theater. Obviously, the big tempole movies, obviously the big action movies. But I don't know that the indie the indie drama has a theatrical life for much longer. Joelle, I don't know what your thoughts on this as our cultural reporter.
Speaker 6: Sure, I think if you talk to a lot of people who have worked at movie theaters for a long time, time your twenty plus years. What they'll tell you is there used to be folks who would come to the movie every weekend. It didn't matter what was playing. They would come on Friday nights and see the new releases. They said, those people are not coming around so much anymore. It used to be an affordable thing retirees could do. It's a lot more expensive to go see a movie. Even if you have an AMC like subs card where you pay your twenty five dollars a month, you always get three tickets a week. And so I definitely think that it's changing. It'll be interesting even teenagers, you know. I think typically that was like when I was a kid, that was like our hangout spot, Like you went to the movies.
Speaker 5: On the weekends.
Speaker 3: It was cheap.
Speaker 6: Every town I grew up in a very small town. Every local community had like its movie theater. I think it's definitely going to change. It'll be interesting to see how which I think with your Alamo draft houses and such, it'll I think perhaps that will be where you're indie movies go to get their special screamings things like that. So we'll have to see. I'm looking forward to more thirty five millimeters, Prince. Let's do it film happening?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, don't kill my dreams, talk about it, talk about the Ballet's right, that's like a special ballet.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to film. Let's yeah it all again. Let's make it.
Speaker 1: Only certain matters, only certain people get to shoot film, and that that list is shrinking and shrinking.
Speaker 3: It's true, it's tough, all right.
Speaker 1: Should we we take a break? I soon, and then we're going to talk about this very bizarre episode of Scrubs exact?
Speaker 3: Should we five six, seven eight? There you go? Please?
Speaker 1: Donald, I think I just did.
Speaker 3: Should I do it again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Give me a real to it? Yeah, yeah, yeah. We haven't been here in forever. Don't yell because there's women nursing, but you know, give us a good one.
Speaker 3: All right. For those of you who are nursing, now might be the time to cover the movie times stories.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of docs.
Speaker 5: And nurses, he said, here's the stories.
Speaker 4: So YadA here, yeah here, all right.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Fake Doctor's real friends. We're running out of Scrubs episodes, but fear not we uh we We really love doing the show and we're gonna keep doing it. Are we due for a break because we've been talking for a while, right, Daniel, Joelle? Are you just gonna put a fake one in there? I might put one in the in the the the pre intro, but I feel like that would be silly. I mean, I don't know. Maybe we'll just very short breaks in the after, so don't worry about it. We'll take one in like time.
Speaker 3: You know, it would be really cool as if we went five, six, seven and then went right to break.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's good TV.
Speaker 3: Russia, no pro pecia.
Speaker 1: It starts to we don't do propecia.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm making ship up.
Speaker 1: You know what we do better help? Donald and I have a secret project we're very excited about. We can't tell you about. But or we could do the thing where we beep it. Should we do that?
Speaker 2: Donald, please.
Speaker 1: Go, let's go and.
Speaker 2: Beep that ship too, amazy boo.
Speaker 1: So fans you will know what we're deeped very soon. It's not a Scrubs reboot yet. I don't want to get everyone peeked about that. Although Donald, you're on a head show. I don't think you can even do a Scrubs rebot.
Speaker 3: You don't know what the fuck I can do. You don't know what my contracts.
Speaker 1: You don't know my life. I don't know my life. Yo, well you have a high class problem that you're on a hit show.
Speaker 3: I just listen. I'm gonna tell you something right now. I'm happy that we're back right now doing this because we haven't done this since so long, and we get to talk about such a great show. I know you're going to say it's weird because you weren't in it.
Speaker 1: No, I have more to say than it's weird the fact that it wasn't in it. I think that the good news for the audience is this is the last what the fuck is this episode? Because next we're going to go into Bahamas Part one two, and then we go into My Finale parts one and two. So this is the last one. I imagine.
Speaker 3: I did not like this? Did you not like this episode?
Speaker 1: Not at all?
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that because I, dude, I love this episode.
Speaker 1: You did? Yeah, this episode is so weird, and I have a theory why it's so weird. I think they were saving money for the Bahamas episodes. So they did a bottle episode, which is when all takes place one set. This all takes place in the ICU, the only and I'm not just seeing you. You're obviously always funny, but it's only Donald Sarah the interns, right, h. The rest of the cast is not Dent Todd. The rest of the cast is not in it. So that's a bottle episode. And I think they were saving money to do the Bahamas whatever.
Speaker 3: I think this is what Bill had in mind for what Scrubs could be after we left, After everyone left, it could still be in the same area. It could still have familiar faces and just new interns with different problems. Like this story could have been told by any mixture of the original of the of the cast, is how I look at it. It could have been Elliott and JD. It could have been Carla and Elliott. It could have been you know what I mean. It's the mentors looking out for the new people and all of the things that that's, you know, That was how I looked at it. I laughed really hard at the he went to Disneyland without me. That laughed so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got roller coasters. The roller coaster in the dark.
Speaker 3: I laughed real hard at that. I laughed at the heavy the heavy, I laughed real hard.
Speaker 1: They should have cut through the heavy. That was so cringe. I thought that was wild and cringe and should be cut for future.
Speaker 3: Do you know it was cringe? I don't do no jap, I'm not doing my That was that was obercrint that. I was like that.
Speaker 1: Should you know how they took some ship out? Like you know, they should have taken that one.
Speaker 3: That's one of them. Oh my, yesh, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. First of all, the show episode makes absolute no sense. There's no voiceover. At least they should have had one of you do voice overs. No voiceover in the whole episode and then also the end. But that's not a voiceover. Sarah's telling you a story. It's not like it takes place just in her head. You have one fantasy. It's just sloppy to me, I mean, no offense to everyone. I think what it was was a saving money.
Speaker 3: Loved it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you loved this episode. Did you love this episode?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 3: Do you know why I loved it? I loved it because Sarah's monologue at the end. I thought it was phenomenal what she says and why she would walk away from it all. I thought that was dope. I thought it was a really interesting thing to talk about, Like we don't talk about disease and viruses and stuff like that. We barely talk about viruses nowadays, you know what I mean, you talk about COVID and shit like that. Motherfuckers are like, y'all, I don't really you know, we still don't. That shit's still prevalent, you know what I mean, That shit's still there. All of these things are still there, HIV still that we talked about something that's taboo. It was something that they blamed homosexuals for first, you know what I mean, Like, you know what I'm saying, Like this was a and this is in the early two thousands. Also, like I'm just saying, man, I just I'm not.
Speaker 6: Saying there's nothing to love about this episode. I actually really did joy Sarah's storyline overall. Like her patient comes in and she's been interactionally, but she's like, I'm recovered and serious, like the stuff on the chart is not matching what you're telling me. And she's like I promise him telling you the truth, and it really causes her as a doctor to be like, let me take a step back and consider. I thought all of that worked really well, and I did like her monologue at the end. To me, the problem comes, I don't care about any of the interns.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 6: And it's hard to connect or care about that.
Speaker 3: That's a tough all right, Well, that's a tough shob because that's you know, how does the show evolve? Then you know what I mean? If that's the case, doesn't Well, if we do, if there's a reboot, what is a reboot then us as old people. People want to see us as old people?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, they want to see us as old people. To do they want to see you think we're gonna when we do a reboot, it's gonna be about fucking interns. For damn sure, it's not gonna be about it. No one, we have a fucking You have evidence here, no one gave a fuck about. With all due respect to all of the talent, no one gave a fuck, no doubt, And I agree with you, and I agree with Joel. They're all wonderful actors. But you just didn't care. You were so invested people, the audience, and I'm sure people listening fell in love with these roughly eight people who are the leads of the show and wanted to watch them and keep watching them. And obviously you can see what this episode is trying to do is tiptoe out and tiptoe the interns forward, because that's what the by now they obviously know that's what season nine is going to be. And if this was like a little like dip your toe in the water test, I agree with Joel. It's like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I wish there was a way to monetize that then back then, you know what, I mean, to figure that out back then, because this airs during the seat, during our final season, and I'm happy for the experience and being able to work for.
Speaker 1: Of course, But I'm just talking about I'm not about the experiment, which was you know, they honored A Gray's anatomy last night at the Emmys being twenty years or something like that.
Speaker 3: I would like to run like that, That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: And I you know, they in a different way figured out how to keep replacing casts and keep and obviously an er obviously and I think in the spirit of that it was it was a total It makes total sense that Bill and the network would be like, let's try and do that. Why would we not try? It works on other shows. I just think in this unique case, the audience has spoken.
Speaker 6: They spend so much time with y'all, whereas like Gray's Anatomy starts introducing new interns that like season two or three, and like with er to like, the new doctors are constantly coming in and so it feels much less jarring.
Speaker 5: I think on.
Speaker 6: Your dramatic medical show to see new faces come in as opposed to this is a comedy family that's so well oiled, where you're all's jokes were and timing were so on point. I think to try to bring in four or five new people who could bring that same level of energy, it's a huge ask of any group.
Speaker 1: Of Yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: So you're saying with the right with the right group of people, it would it could work.
Speaker 6: Then No, I'm saying it would take a miracle of writer actor combination on high that then also all your fans would connect with It would be such a high bar to clear. I think it would be really challenging and as proof. I think it was challenging to do.
Speaker 1: Think of like Friends, right, Okay, let's just think of like one of the most watched shows of all time. If Little by Little they start introducing new young friends and Little by Little the hero six of them or seven of them start tiptoeing out.
Speaker 3: They didn't do that, but they did introduce new friends, just like we introduced new friends.
Speaker 6: They introduce partners. They introduced like it's a girl friend and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't know, man. I just think I think there's always a way to Maybe it's a break that's needed. Frasier's having had a great cup, you know, the Connors is doing, of.
Speaker 1: Course, But also you're talking about if we have if and when we do a reboot of any kind, it's we're going to bring the seven core people back, and it's going to be about the seven core people, absolutely, and of course there'll be guest stars and supporting stars and all that stuff. But the people listening to this podcast right now, they would tune in because they they loved that group, they loved hanging out with that group, and if they're going to tune in for anything new, they want to see Oh, how are they now? What are they like? What's their lives like?
Speaker 3: Now? How long is that interesting for? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If it's well written, it could be you know, I don't know handful of seasons. Who knows movie eight seasons in a movie.
Speaker 3: Right, no doubt. It's also interesting if you introduce new new aspects to it, like JD and Turk and Carla and Elliott all have kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many kids do they have?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? And those these kids are now grown. This was a long time ago, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, and our JD and Elliott still together? I hope so. I would hope so.
Speaker 3: Has Turks diabetes got the best of them and killed him.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh, I think Turk will be alive unless he's on a hit unless he's on a hit comedy network. Sorry, uh, Turk's on a hit comedy another network. Guys, He's dead. It was the diabetes.
Speaker 3: No what other.
Speaker 1: Questions, I mean, you know, like they'd have to find summer reason why we all still work at the same hospital. But I think we'll just have to let the audience go like somewhere about it. Okay, guys, you guys want this right, all right, so this some bullshit reason we all still work at the same ADELA.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm one that believes that this would have been a great adult cartoon, you know what I mean, like the Simpsons or like Family Guy. I mean, you could still still do all of the fantasy.
Speaker 1: Like the comp the comp for what you're talking about is Scott Pilgrim, which I think is doing quite well. Right, there's a Scott.
Speaker 5: Oh God, really loved it.
Speaker 3: They did a Scott Pilgrim Saves the World animated series, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 6: So it's like an anime on Netflix, and it's like an allt you. So the very first episode is like the first like the first act of the movie, where you're like, oh, are they just making the movie animated?
Speaker 5: That's kind of strange.
Speaker 6: And then at the last minute plot twist, what if Scott Pilgrim didn't win the first battle but he died.
Speaker 5: What's Romona Flowers journey?
Speaker 3: Then? So he's not in the movie at all, he's not in the show at all.
Speaker 6: He comes back later, but I want to spoil it, and it's all the entire original cast of Scott Pilgrim, all of the actors came back, and everybody came Chris is bad, Like literally every single person came back to voice themselves, and it's so funny. They correct some of their you know, the movie is not necessarily one hundred in PC, it's very of its time, so they make some of the corrections. Their knives gets a much bigger like arc as a character, which is really satisfying.
Speaker 5: It was delightful. I love the animates. I love every iteration of Scott program so good.
Speaker 3: I really did like the movie. I thought that was a lot of fun to watch totally, So I'm excited to watch this.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, well, we'll love to see. I think that if there, if, and when there's a Scrubs reboot, it would be fun to daydream about. First of all, it would be fucking hilarious just to get the gang back together and laugh and and and I mean laughing with you after all these years, getting back together and laughing and being our silly selves would be so much fun. They would have to crack the reason, you know, why, why why are we all back together? Or you just say fuck it? Like in this world, no one leaves hospitals and moves away.
Speaker 3: Everybody still The Janitor Season nine was a freaking alternate universe. Is yeah, it's just continuously like this.
Speaker 1: I was thinking in during one of my tough experiences that, uh that, uh it's a fantasy, right and JD, so the the you how do I describe this? You? You realize that JD is imagine, nothing has changed, Everything's back to normal. We're all older obviously and have kids in the whole thing. But you realize that JD, this is all in JD's imagination and his real life. He's like unhappy, maybe he's gotten divorced, he has he has some medical practice that's unfulfilling, and you realize that the new season is all JD remembering how happy he was, and it's all in his mind of living his dream with his friends.
Speaker 6: Oh that's cute, but also said, I don't want Jadie to have a bad life.
Speaker 1: No, I mean then then then it would break out of that and he would he would he would realize that he needed to take action and stand up and manifest having the life he wants. This isn't going to be it, guys, don't worry. It's it's too I.
Speaker 3: Would say, it's very much like the who Shot Jr. Situation or like just where the dude died and then out of nowhere it was a dream type ship. Or if you read, if you're a kick ass comic book reader, the whole ship is because this dude that one time he gets beat up in the beginning of the movie. He's been in a coma the whole the whole series, and he's imagined the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we should talk a little about this episode. Let's take it that break first.
Speaker 3: How about the farts so stupid? Let's take it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: If you take a break, let's take it.
Speaker 1: We come back. We're going to talk about how if you're a writer, don't write about farts. We'll be right back. If you're sitting there writing and.
Speaker 3: Make fart jokes all the time, that's sign.
Speaker 1: In your private life and with your friends.
Speaker 3: Nothing like that joke on television just recently.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to diss you and your writers, but listen. If you're I didn't make it up. Jerry O'Connell made it up. If you're a writer and you're sitting there and you're staring at the blinkoln cursor and something in your mind says, what if it's a fart joke? Stop put the computer to sleep.
Speaker 3: Wow, must must explain, must explain.
Speaker 1: It's just such a low bar. We all left at farts, farts and silly a fart noisy jokes. I just think, I just think I always find don't get me wrong, there's an occasional one that will make me giggle. Obviously in life when someone farts it's funny, but like, this episode has like six references to a fart. It's embarrassing, Joelle, your thoughts.
Speaker 5: It's an entire sea plot and it's much too much. It's like one point they just pan back to the girl.
Speaker 6: They're like, she fart yet, Nope, okay next to you, And I was like, why don't we do Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only time I got, really, the only time where I was like this is too much is when she was like, it's stunk really bad and then smelled like hot dogs.
Speaker 5: You mean the punchline of the entire joke.
Speaker 3: That was when I was like, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, by the way, let me just give the audience what happens. Okay, So the woman, the woman farts in an ICU isolated room. Then the young doctor Sonny comes out, and all of the doctors are commenting that she smells personally like the woman's fart. And then she says, I've taken several bad showers already since since this occurred, and I still smell like it. And then they say, yeah, you still smell like her fart that happened clearly over an hour ago. And she says, now I'm gonna take a bath in tomato juice. I mean, it's just really bad. I'm sorry, Donald didn't hit.
Speaker 5: It did not hit for me.
Speaker 3: That is hilarious to me. But well, there you go to some sitting on a toilet and the ship come halfway out your ass. They crawl back up in that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You're a bit or a comedians bit.
Speaker 3: This is freaking Eddie Murphy doing Richard Pryor when he was a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm sorry. I guess I'm just not into I'm not into schotological humor and just not for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, look, I thought it was hilarious. I would like to give all of the interns their props for putting on such an entertaining show.
Speaker 1: I want to repeat over and over again in case, in case any of those wonderful actors. Listen to this. They're all wonderfully talented. I'm not missing them. I'm just saying the writing I think was on its last legs.
Speaker 3: Clearly it's the season, and it's season eight.
Speaker 1: But don't worry this again.
Speaker 3: And as I told you, trying to get the fuck out. And you know what it's like at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like someone who's running a marathon and they're at mile twenty five point nine.
Speaker 3: It's all of a sudden gets way harder to break story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if it's a fart joke for a fucking a third.
Speaker 3: Of the episode.
Speaker 1: Are you sure we should make eight fart jokes. I'm sure we're going for it.
Speaker 3: Fuck it, I think we could get away with it.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, after she showers three times, that means she showered once, came out still smelled like that woman's fart, showered again, came out still smelled like the woman's fart, showered a third time, scrubbing, probably this time with great rigor because of the other times, and blue dryer hair the whole thing. Probably put perfume on because of the problem, put makeup back, and we did her makeup everything changed. Her scrubs clearly that she still smells like a little, quick, little fart that this old woman had, And now she's gonna go get tomato juice.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let me explain, go ahead, it's because she had been holding it for decades. Decades.
Speaker 1: It's impossible. Everyone farts all day long.
Speaker 3: This whole show shows the joke. The joke's impossible, dude, the jokes. You're gonna try and hit me with logic.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you how many times the average human farts a day?
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You can't control it. You fart all day long?
Speaker 3: Noren't. There'sn't a there's a certain amount that's excessive.
Speaker 1: I've seen this, of course, if you if you, if your stomach's fucked up and you eat bad food. But I'm saying, like the average person farts X amount of day times a day. I've seen it. What's that number? What do you think it is? What do you think it is? Before she pulls it out, I would say it's probably forty forty twelve twelve, Yeah, not like you noticed. By the way, A lot of times you don't notice it. You're just releasing air from your aus. It's not like it's like you meane a noise or you smelled something.
Speaker 3: I said twelve. I said twelve is excessive.
Speaker 1: I would say yes.
Speaker 6: The humans past gas between thirteen to twenty one times.
Speaker 3: Oh I was off, I was close.
Speaker 1: I was closer now thirteen to twenty one. And that's so whenever you think people don't far, when you're looking at that really hot guy or that really hot girl and you're like, oh my god, know that that person is farting. They fart twenty times a day.
Speaker 6: Travel six point eight miles per hour or ten feet per second random.
Speaker 5: Firefacs for you.
Speaker 1: They don't all smell, they just hear. Anus is releasing like a valve. It's going.
Speaker 3: So here's the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, can you make a whole episode about it?
Speaker 3: And this is going to get a little weird.
Speaker 1: Oh b here we go weirder. Are you on? Are you on Ganja now or not?
Speaker 3: I'm still smoking Ganja?
Speaker 1: Okay, I just need to know. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: There's certain things that you have to do to leave a hospital. Sometimes it's go to the bathroom. Sometimes it's pass gas. Right, And this is the this is what the whole story is based on. It wouldn't be based on It's not necessarily based on the fact that her fart stinks. It's the fact that to leave a hospital you have to fart.
Speaker 1: They wanted it, they wanted her to make a bowel movement, but she said she was a nervous poorer like Elliott. So Elliott said, I'll wait until you pass gas. Why couldn't this woman just be like, hey, you guys are out of the room. I just ripped the giant fark, I go home.
Speaker 5: She could have just lied to her doctors.
Speaker 1: Yees, could have just.
Speaker 3: That would have been so much easier, right, Yeah, no, but no, My question is like, isn't aren't there certain things that just have to be let go of? You know what I mean? It was clear that she does fart, you know what I mean, There's no way she holds it for decades and everything like that. She's doing it because she's trying to be looking at it as a Yeah, she's trying to be looked at it as proper.
Speaker 6: They were trying to make sure she wasn't impacted though. It is what take said at the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so why would it stink for so long? And then if that's the case.
Speaker 6: And I mean again, the joke has there's zero logic within the joke, but the reasoning, the reasoning behind wind heper around.
Speaker 1: All right, let's just go through and see if there's anything else.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the doctor who thought people had catgrass syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was shit. Had me rolling. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: Do you think people that you know in your life are imposters? That's a real thing.
Speaker 3: Invasion of a body snatchers.
Speaker 1: No, it's just a it's a it's a it's a mental uh disorder where you, even though you know the person, well it could be your wife, it could be you, you're convinced that they're impostors. And often times they have to do something like like this young intern tried to do, where they'll come they'll literally just be outside the door and and uh and say like oh oh, hey, some somebody who looks like me just left, like people around them have to do these elaborate things to try and you know, get past this this problem that they have. I know someone whose parents.
Speaker 3: Have dealt with it. Really. Yeah, that's crazy, that's really I don't mean to say that to be dismissive about it. But that's fucking that's wow.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: It sounds horrible.
Speaker 1: I want to say that the young woman, I want to pull up her name because she was talented, who played Robin.
Speaker 3: Very good final scene, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Very good actress. I'm gonna yeah, my name everybody, Her name is drum Roll, Daniel Karina Chase did a fantastic job as the patient Robin, wonderful. I thought was very good. And then Elliott, you know I read on Scrubs wiki. I just want to say, you want to hear what SCRUBSWICKI has to say. Zachgraft, Judy Raised, Johnald and Johnson mcginny, Neil Flenn, Ken Jenks do not appear in this episode, making it the episode with the lowest number of series regulars to ever appear. The episode is also the first to not have a narrator. The title my suggests JD would narrate, but Zachgraft did not appear. There was some this is interesting. There was some controversy over Elliott's statement that she might leave medicine if she ever got married and had kids, which was perceived by some fans as anti feminist, although it was based on the actual life of the show's medical consultant, Dolly clock.
Speaker 5: Also, I think it's unfair.
Speaker 6: I feel like that a man or woman could have given that statement because it's not so much that she wants to leave because she has kids, but because she thinks her children might bring her joy, whereas doing this work is no longer bringing Elliott any kind of happiness. She's like, it's so fleeting, and I feel sad that I wasn't able to help fix their problem. All I could do is diagnose it.
Speaker 3: It's going back to exact same thing that I said in the beginning of this whole thing. I wanted to be in my kids basketball game. It's not that I don't enjoy my job and want to enjoy the things that I do and stuff like that, but that brings me way more happiness than sitting in an awards show audience watching people receive fucking trophies because you know, somebody said they liked their show. You know what I mean, Like, at the end of the day, what are we really doing? What makes you happy is what makes you happy.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think Dolly Clark, who was married to the real GD and they were both our medical consultants. I think this was her honest story and her honest thinking about it, and in actuality, I don't think she practices medicine anymore. I think she moved on to being in working with adolescents and being an advocate for kids and helping parents to understand yeah, their children and you know, so she really moved on to something that wasn't having to tell people they have HIV because I think for her personally it was it was too soul crushing and she wanted to find a way to be so it was somebody's real story.
Speaker 3: We should have her back on the show, bro for.
Speaker 1: Real, Okay, Joelle, let's heaven.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're talking to so many interesting people. This is definitely right up our Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually do yeah, especially because I think what she's dealing with too is children and drugs and helping parents to make sure their children don't go down the rabbit hole drugs. She could be a great guest.
Speaker 3: It's a good conversation.
Speaker 1: JD is mentioned in the episode twice, when Elliott tells Turkey and Sam went to Disneyland, and when Elliott and Turk mock JD's post Fantasy Voice. With JD's absence, no character has appeared in every episode of the show. Jad previously did not appear in Quote my Absence, but is still heard involved in the plot via cell phone, making this episode his first true absence.
Speaker 3: Do you know how pissed off I would get when you would go to Disneyland without me?
Speaker 1: I feel like you'd still get mad at me if I did today?
Speaker 3: If you went to Disneyland without me, yeah, I probably would get Listen to this day, it is still one of my favorite places to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love it. By the way, are we outing scrub? We've always joked about where it is Sacred Heart take place. Aren't we really saying it's fully southern California now because.
Speaker 3: These people Florida? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the cat's out of the bag that it takes place in southern California.
Speaker 3: I want to go to Disneyland Japan. You see that ship that should look fire. I don't know if they still got it in China. Are we allowed to go to China still? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They have the Seven Seas.
Speaker 3: I just want to know where are we allowed to go to Disneyland with the Okay? Cool?
Speaker 1: You can go to Paris.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, there's there's one tokyo.
Speaker 3: There's tokyo. Looks dope, it looks fire. S a Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Turk says, Elliott's booty is too tiny.
Speaker 3: Bullshit, that's that's a lie. You put meat, but you do like a large eat that ship. You do. You do a large told me, my wife told me straight up in the beginning of our day. And you put meat in front of a dog, he's gonna eat it, all right. That's just that simple.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question.
Speaker 3: That booty could be non existent?
Speaker 1: That's not true. I don't think you're attracted to a non existent flat bot. You liked some sort of bubble.
Speaker 3: I think we all like that pressure.
Speaker 1: By the way, Sarah has Sarah Elliott has a small butt, but it's very cute.
Speaker 3: She has a very cute booty. I love that nice little booty. I love that, you know, but she's got a little booty.
Speaker 1: In the spirit of Sarah always having something go wrong every single time I talked to her on the phone, there's another long Sarah story. And we a was on a group. Were you on the group? Chaine chat when she said she's coming to town and she tried to organize a dinner.
Speaker 3: She was supposed to come by the show and hang out, and then she gets.
Speaker 1: Even Sarah coming to town from Canada and trying to organize the dinner with all of us. She's like, She's like, okay, sorry, you don't My flight got delayed. Every everything has to be canceled. I'm sorry. There's always drama there.
Speaker 3: That's what she should be. Drama. That should be her nickname, Sarah Drama.
Speaker 1: I don't want to walk near it's for it. I'm getting hit by lightning if I hang out.
Speaker 3: With Oh, she's too much fun to get hit.
Speaker 1: She's hilarious, but dude, ship always goes wrong. I go, why do you miss your flight? And she was like, wow, you're not. You wouldn't believe this. I got card, it got caught on it. I think it was something like my kids. I got all the way to the airport and my kid's hockey gear was in the car. And of course she has a major tournament. So what am I gonna do? I have to figure out. Am I gonna make the fight? Am I gonna get her hockey gear?
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good, Sarah. My wife was bummed though, because you know, my wife loves hanging out with Sarah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys don't have to leave that house to other You guys don't leave the house. Getting you guys leave the house is impossible. You go to your son's sports matches, you go to WIT's.
Speaker 3: The wrap party for my show.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's related to here. In your family, you go outside of your son's, your kids' activities, and your job.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want to get out more. I'm not gonna lie. I truly do. I really really do. But by seven thirty eight o'clock, I don't anymore, you know what I mean. Like, that's just how it is. Like that's one hundred.
Speaker 1: What about a day hangout? Can you hang out in the days.
Speaker 3: During the day. I could totally hang out during the day. But okay, look, here's the honesty, goodness true. I truly love hanging out with my family, you know what I mean. I don't know how much longer any of us are going to be on this planet together for I want to build memories with them. I spend a lot of time focusing on myself. I still do, but in this way, it's me focusing on myself because I want to spend time with my family. Uh, that's just honestly what it is.
Speaker 1: I hear you well, I miss you.
Speaker 3: I miss you. I miss you. I want to hang out. I want to go to so much.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go to the Clerb. I just miss you so much.
Speaker 3: It hurt sometimes, Dude, you don't want to go to the Clerb. No, interesting, I'd want to go to the clurb sometimes.
Speaker 1: Although my running joke with Donald is like and I stop texting it see you because sometimes he doesn't even reply. But back in the day day when we were going out and being crazy, there was a club called Joseph's, and I'm like, just randomly like like a time. First of all, we don't go to clubs anymore, period, but but it's just randomly like you ain't trying to go to Joseph's tonight, And it always just makes me laugh, like the idea that we're going to go to like a Hollywood nightclub. But he he doesn't reply, so I stopped making the joke.
Speaker 3: Do you remember those There was Joseph's Poor Nani po Nani was the one, but Joseph's was the one. What was the other one though?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hide, that's right, yeah, Hide. There was Dublin's.
Speaker 1: There was what's the one where you met Casey or we'll not where you met her, but the one where Teddy's Teddy's Teddy's if those walls could talk. Teddy's is the one where she said when I trying to be a wingman and she goes, doesn't he have like non keys.
Speaker 3: Teddy's where we hung out with Prints and Casey?
Speaker 1: M anyway, I mean trying to go to Joseph's.
Speaker 3: But you ain't trying to go to Joseph tonight.
Speaker 1: Is what I text him, like, what you're trying to get into? Hold on here? Well hold on me, hit my button?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 1: I'm rusty, you guys, I'm rusty what you're trying to get into? One day or shown what you're trying to do. So I'll text him be like, yo, you're trying to get it. What you're trying to get into? And then one time I wrote him it just feels like you're not trying to get into nothing. I meanwhile, I know the dude, Day's Pj's fucking animating. You're not going to Joseph's.
Speaker 3: The Todd has a good, very good running before we get out of here, The Todd has a very good running joke about people high fiving when he's not around, and he's serious about it. He's so serious about it that he he he doesn't take the opportunity to he renigs on an opportunity to make a sexual joke because he's too serious about high fives.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First he says that that what's his name can high five when he's not around, but then he yeah, he says he's not comfortable with it.
Speaker 3: No, I on it.
Speaker 1: Now to do this, Well, that's the show, guys. The good news is we have four really good episodes coming up. We have two episodes of the Bahamas, and then we have two episodes of the finale, what everyone truly believes is the real finale of the television show Scrubs. And then we're going to launch into uh season nine, which I've never seen.
Speaker 3: I've never watched a single episode of season by.
Speaker 1: The way, I honestly don't think I've ever seen the episode this episode before, So there you go.
Speaker 3: You know me, We've talked about this before. I've watched very little Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know the audience knows.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: Well, Zach and I were talking about season nine and since it's the last recap season, you know, what could we do to make it special? And one of the things that came up with was what if Season nine fanatics, people who are like, no, this episode see the nine is really bomb? Yeah, there's an up those season nine you love write us at scrubsiheart at gmail dot com and tell us why you love the episode. If you really hate the episode, you can also call in.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 5: I really like the voicemails. I think those are cute, but I'll also.
Speaker 6: Read your letters and just tell us either why this is a great episode or why damn it? And we'll read your guys's letters we get to the episode.
Speaker 1: What I'd like to do is, Joel, I think I gave you that idea and then you ran with it. But anyway, and what I want to say is I liked where I thought you were going, which was if you really really love an episode of season nine and you're listening, leave Joelle, you know, a two minute max voicemomer emailer and explain why and if you really fucking hate it, same thing, and then we'll have you both on and we'll do like a ten minute segment where you debate the pros and the cons of the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I can't be hitting below the belt. This ship can't be like, no, no, you can't be me presidential debate. We're all of a sudden, you just dont no.
Speaker 1: They're not going to interrupt the other. One's going to present their side, and the other is going to present the other side. And obviously you don't be mean to anyone. It's just about the merits of the episode, right, don't you think that's a good idea, Joe? I love it, And if we don't get enough people doing it, then we'll then we'll then we'll just do one or the other and talk about it. But so you're going to send that, you're going to send that to?
Speaker 3: Are we mediators? What we in this?
Speaker 1: We're we're we're like the commentators on the news who listen to their points and then and then talk about them.
Speaker 3: Do we come up with the conclusion at the.
Speaker 1: End, No, because we know it's not a good show.
Speaker 3: What a way to advertise a podcast. You're gonna listen to it because we know it's not a good show.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a feeling that people who were listening to this podcast, like the four of us sitting around shooting the ship and uh, and that's what we're going to continue to do for y'all.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, yeah, we're going to talk about Scrubs still. Of course we are just season nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so if you want to do that, email to Scrubs. iHeart all one word at gmail dot com. And we should have Shae Serrano back.
Speaker 3: Jason come on season nine. I got nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should ask Shaye. Joelle asked Shay to be like, hey, you know, we've always dissed this season A large percentage of the fans of this the season. What are your Scrubs expert mind thoughts on it? And he'll have smart things to say, And we should book Bill obviously for season nine.
Speaker 3: He had nothing to do with it, you know, but he could, he could, He had zero and he was on.
Speaker 1: So you don't want to have you don't want to have Bill on to talk about.
Speaker 3: I want to have Bill on it just to talk about all of the other wonderful things that's going on in his life. I don't want to have him want to sit here and be like you fucking abandoned us, and this is what we got season nine.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. That wasn't gonna be the tenor of my course. All right, what else can we tell you? Watch Donald's new show, everybody, please do. It's great to watch with your kids. There's no there's no there's no one you know, having sex against the door.
Speaker 3: There's no Listen, these are things that you will not find on my show. There's no nudity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very G.
Speaker 3: Yes, well no it's not G. It's PG, but it's not really.
Speaker 1: What's the dirtiest joke that's been on the show so far?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I saw something. There was something about footprints on the wall because.
Speaker 3: It's PG, but it's television that you can watch with your family.
Speaker 1: I saw signory. You know, you saw that there were footprints on the wall from when your fiance and her husband were banging. And so there were footprints on the.
Speaker 3: Wall many years ago after a wine festival, right, and you didn't like that, and so I painted the room.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of I want some sub letted my my room in Manhattan so I could come be in l A for a while, and I sub let it to a young woman. And and and when I came back, after however long I was gone, my bed was backed into a corner. It was a queen size bed, and it was in a corner. And there were handprints, small hand prints, her hand prints, all over the back wall.
Speaker 3: Getting it was.
Speaker 1: It was clear that my bed had been used for copulation many many, many times.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a pounding. She needed the wall.
Speaker 1: She was holding on to the wall. It wasn't it. They weren't just making slow love. She was gripping the wall.
Speaker 3: Yes, they could have started off slow, which is fine.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't sublet. I didn't. I didn't say in the in the sublet agreement, please don't get taken from behind? And that does my mom gave me but.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a good question. It's a good question to ask, Like what do you do when that happens? What do you do when you find out that your ex actually did have sex with their partners before you? You know what I mean? Like, how do you respond to that? I don't respond, Well, I'm sorry, Like I don't think I'm sure she did, but I don't want to meet the guy. It's not like I want to shake hands with the motherfucker and be like, yeah, man, we've got something in common, you know what I mean, Like, that's not my goal in life. My golden life is to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: And that just makes you listen. You have to be grateful to all the partners she had because she's we know from the show that she's a wonderful lover and it's.
Speaker 3: Not because of them. Fuck you, man, it's not because of them. Fuck that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I don't mean to trigger you. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 3: I'm not triggered. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, we know from the program that she's a gifted.
Speaker 1: We know she's a boy. All right, we should probably wrap up on this note.
Speaker 3: Dude, guys, I fucking missed this.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, I love you guys. I love you guys, audience, Thank you so much for always tuning in and and for listening to us just ramble. I'm excited to talk about future episodes coming up. It's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 3: Getting into stories.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses said, here's the stories.
Speaker 3: Net so yeah here yeah here, but