Speaker 1: Wait, yes, the breakfast club is odd. Wait got the breakfast Club? Envy and Charlamagne the voice of the culture. He then I'm gonna come here when this thing see y'all different, y'all the culture it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talk. This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for hell, probably be here next to all of you guys. It's really put it in perspective. The breakfast club bitches, Wake up. Good morning, Usa.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo Charlamagne the gop piece to the plane. It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Good morning? How y'all feel out the all?
Speaker 3: Back to the I was gonna say, work, but back to the grind. Good morning, how you feel It's the second day of the work.
Speaker 4: We work.
Speaker 1: We're just getting started to work. We can't even really get good yet. That's right, you know, we're just warming up. It's just like have the engine crank yet?
Speaker 3: No note we almost can we getting there?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed Black and Holly favorite this morning per usual. Every morning that's right. Another day to sir, what's going on? What's going on? That's right?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: Salut to Joel m B. Last night, I was watching the seventy six is play. I'll dunk on him. Yeah, right, he's calling up seventy points. Last night seeing cleans five assists.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll clean him up.
Speaker 3: I was watching that game last night thinking to myself, I'll clean them up, right now, clean up, clean them up, clean them up. Let me tell you about little people, right, little people, when they see somebody told of them, they always want to act like they could play basketball. So shout out to my assistant Mercedes. Mercedes is like sixty three, six fours. She used to play basketball in Connecticut, right, six seven easily. Don't show her her three inches six seven twelve easy. Charlamagne seas instead of saying hello, there's a basketball, and he grabs the basketball and starts posting up.
Speaker 1: I gotta let her know. I told you I was watching the game last night. I got excited. I watched Joe LMB drop seventy. I watched Call any Town drop like sixty two and all I kept thinking to myself is I'll clean them both up. So I'm in that move. Whoever one can get it, I'll give you buckets. Goodness, this teas bucketing.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and this was the eighteen anniversary of Kobe's dropping eighty one.
Speaker 1: I know, I told you I'm in the move, all right. Whoever want these buckets can't get them. Rest in peace to the mamboo, all right, Whoever who want these buckets can get them. You hear me.
Speaker 3: It's is certain things I can say. I can never see Charlamagne paying basketball. I can't see him touching the net. I can't see him doing a layup. He can't slap backboard. I just don't see him doing it.
Speaker 1: My game is below the rum way, whoa, My game is belowded We know, we know whoever one can get it? All right, I'll give you eighty one right now? All right?
Speaker 3: All right, Well let's get the show, Cracker. When we come back. We got front page news, AI generated calls.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you how the AI generating calls. Why they're using the NBA for everything.
Speaker 3: Man, well not Alan, Well, we'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 1: Don't move. It's to breakfast club morning. His Scissor, the legend Morning everybody, it's TJ n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. And for the record, what I never said, Sissle was this generation's Mary. J Blige V said that, Yeah, I said, I don't. I don't even like to make those kind of comparisons because people don't hear you. They don't hear what you're saying when you say that.
Speaker 1: All I said was, I'm not sure we appreciate the once in a generational talent that Scissor is. And she is one of them. She's one of those, She's one of those top tier, and when it's all said and done, gonna be one of those all time grips.
Speaker 3: And I think she has the influence of what Mary had when we were growing up. I see the same thing with these I don't know if it's generation Ze, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: My daughter loves it, but it's the same.
Speaker 3: The same way that we love Mary is the way that they love Scissor, whether they singing, whether they play it at the clubs. I see the same identical way that Mary affected us that they that she affects this generation.
Speaker 1: My daught it's fifteen. She loves them sick. So I mean, I can't, but I'm just don't you. I just don't like to do the comparison thing. Like you said, Yester, you don't like to do comparison things because people don't hear what you're saying. Correct about the person we're talking about, I'm just saying, scissor. When it's all sitting done, she's gonna be one of those one of those all time great hands down.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's get in some front page news now, let's.
Speaker 1: Jump right into it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about these AI generated robo calls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've been talking about AI, and once again this is an example of how dangerous it can be. Yesterday, the New Hampshire Attorney General said it was investigating reports of an apparent robo call that use our artificial intelligence, which is what we're calling AI, to mimic President Joe Biden's voice and discourage voters in the state from coming to the polls during Tuesday's primier election. Take a listen to the actual robo call.
Speaker 8: What a bunch of Milaukee. We know the value of voting democratic on our vote count, it's important that you save your vote for the November election. Will need your help in electing Democrats up and down the ticket. Voting this Tuesday only enables the Republicans in their quest to elect Donald Trump again. Your vote makes a difference in November, not just Tuesday. If you would like to be removed from future calls, please out.
Speaker 1: Wow. That is terrifying. Wow. And I don't see how you combat that. I don't see how you combat that. I don't I don't know how. I don't know how you fight that, because it just sounds like a recording of the president's voice and side telling you what to do. Absolutely, you listen to that, you're not thinking that's AI. You're just thinking it's a robo call, which is a recorded message from from the present president. How do you combat that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you really can. You can only go behind it and try to clean it up. But once what they call the two paces out of the tube is really hard to backtrack. So they are putting in the media that just in case anybody is confused that the audio is not accurate, and you can vote in today's primary. It does not stop you from voting in November. And this is just really dangerous because it's so much confusion around the election. As well today, even on the Democrats side, which I'll explaining here in a second, but I did want to say that Hannah Farid, an expert at the Digital forensics at the University of Carolina Berkeley, reviewed the call and confirmed it was definitely.
Speaker 1: Low quality AI fake.
Speaker 7: He said that we have been concerned that this AI will be weaponizing the upcoming election, and we are seeing this surely as a sign of things to come. But he calls this a low quality, But imagine somebody listening to it sounds pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: That's low quality. What's high quality?
Speaker 3: Lord happened right, that's not low quality, and you can't tell the difference. The sad thing about it, like you said, even if they put out all these things on the news that that was fake, A lot of people don't watch the news. A lot of people they get them phone calls. They're working, when they come home, they're putting their kids to sleep, they're cooking and knocking out. They're not listening. They're not watching to see if it's real or not. So they're gonna think those calls are absolutely one thousand percent reel and it sounds like the.
Speaker 1: President and you know, you know, you said something to and I like the update that's saying for twenty twenty four. You can't put the toothpaste back in the YouTube. Once it's out there on the internet, it's out there, and then we spend so much time debating whether it's fake or not. And even if it is fake, it's always that shadow of a doubt inside of you that I don't know. I think you might just be telling me it's fake because you don't want me to believe the truth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even when I was trying to pull a clip, I didn't know who can I get the clip from?
Speaker 1: Is that fake too? Is that another?
Speaker 7: You know, it's just even for media, it's going to be a hard time because we don't want to continue to put out fake information as well. But I did want to give you update quickly on the Republican side, Trump versus Haley will be tonight in the primary. The DNC decided not to have a Democrat primary. This is also what's confusing, So we had these type of robo calls out with President Biden. You don't know if he's on the ballot, not on the ballot, But just want to let folks know that the DNC decided to go with South Carolina first for their primary February third, but New Hampshire said they don't care about that. They are holding an election anyway tonight. For Democrats, President Biden will not be on the ballot, but his supporters are writing him in. But Democrat Representative Dean Phillips and Mary Anne Williamson will be on the ballot tonight. And this is what they had to say in their final pitch.
Speaker 9: Phillip's talking a Nashal audience today. He's quote appalled mister Biden chose not to be on the ballot in New Hampshire, Philip saying he knows the odds, but argues he had to get in this race because of the possibility of a Trump Biden rematch.
Speaker 1: And yes, we're a long shot, darn right I am. Thank goodness we live in a country in which the long shot can have platform. And but for all of you and this great state, I never could even try it.
Speaker 9: Mary and Williamson running for president for the second time, She says her economic agenda would allow her to beat Trump, and she says Granite Staters are paying attention and making up their minds.
Speaker 10: Now, well, it's very obvious that a lot of Granite Staters wait until the last minute to make their decision. Maybe that's unique to this particular year because there's so much turmoil and people are trying to sort of figure out the landscape.
Speaker 1: I feel, based on the way Biden's poll and he needs to be on all these ballots, I'm not sure he has the luxury of not being on these ballots, not at all.
Speaker 7: We'll see the results tomorrow, but that just gives you just how confused using this confusing to see you got ai calls after making fake calls, You got a Democrat primary. Democrat side is not really a primary that they're gonna acknowledge. You got people telling people to write people in, don't write people in. It's just a mess. So folks need to definitely stay tapped in to you know, figure out what's going on, and we'll have the resource results tomorrow to break you break it out down.
Speaker 1: We told y'all this is gonna be a cluster f If we sold y'all this last year, last year, if you didn't see what was going what was coming in twenty twenty four, you are insane. The misinformation is ridiculous, The journalism is lazy, everybody's being there responsible. It's gonna be something to behold in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: All right, I hope we make it well. That is front page news. Now what are we talking next hour?
Speaker 1: Yeah? More mess.
Speaker 7: The Supreme Court went against Texas and said you need to cut down the razor, the razor barbar that's keeping illegal immigrants from crossing over. Texas said, this is not over, so big fight at the border. We'll talk about it at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see it in an hour.
Speaker 3: Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone line to wide open again, eight hundrink five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club for the morning, The Breakfast Club, Ray right, ray.
Speaker 11: Yo, Charla, man, yamfy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 12: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 10: We live.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Man's lamar, lamar?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm a boiler mechanic for twenty years. I just started my new YouTube channel. It's going good. I'm teaching people how to fix their unit. It's cold out here. People need some love from the boiler man.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's funny you said that my parents boiler went out yesterday and ultimately, oh now they got we gotta fix it quickly.
Speaker 1: But it was the he was ready for you, ready to go. But now.
Speaker 3: It's one of those jobs that people always need regardless, like is That's why we always talk about trade school is one of those trades.
Speaker 1: That people will always need.
Speaker 14: But the thing is, you don't really find too many schools for boilers. That's why I started this channel. And that's why it looks like this channel is looking pretty good. It's boiling heroes on YouTube, Boiler Heroes. It's really it's really interesting to showing me a lot of love. So I'm figuring, you know, just put it out there and show people how to heat their homes.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: As though, and the device that that went out, I guess you know, it's a device to tell you when the water is too low and then reputs the water roller.
Speaker 4: That's the rower to cut off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much is that?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on which one you got because there's different models. But if it's a home boiler, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna lie. I'm thinking you good with your mom's until he got them a big crib, until he was probably a big boiler, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It was eleven hundred. I thought that was a lot. I ain't gonna front.
Speaker 4: That's the right about right about right, Yeah, that's about right. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Alright, cool, cool, just making sure.
Speaker 4: Thank you boiler heroes on YouTube check me out.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely gonna follow you all.
Speaker 1: The story is learn the trade, absolutely, learn a trade man.
Speaker 3: What's the welding woman's name that that calls all the time that Jordan Well, Jordan Well to follow her too. She's a woman welder that gets busy and talks about her experiences as well, really really really really dope.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hello?
Speaker 15: This is James Come from North Carolina.
Speaker 3: James from North Carolina. Get off your chest, brother.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I had a question for you, as hlo man man.
Speaker 11: Have y'all checked that that documentary or on the.
Speaker 15: Forty year anniversary of the Thriller album.
Speaker 1: No, I keep hearing about it, man, I want to watch it. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 15: It's brought back a lot of memories, man.
Speaker 4: Man, Mike was a pure genius man, a straight up juniors do far ahead of his time.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell y'all something else that people don't talk about, you know how everybody likes to say, Oh, Bill Copy was trying to buy NBC, that's why they brought him down. Michael Jackson really really didn't own half of the music industries published. Absolutely, people don't talk about that. I feel like that was a thing like they really they really put a lot of controversy and stuff on Michael because of the things that he was he owned, and the things he was speaking out against as far as in the music engine. Yep, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, have a good morning YouTube brother.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Good morning? DJ?
Speaker 15: Little Jill from Newburgh, New York.
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest going on?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talk to the butther Charlotte Man get him us Flowers. I went, I went to his website, signed up for the mental health they gave me eight free sessions, and after that I kept it going after that. So I just wanted to give you your flowers, my brother, and keep pushing the mental health for the black man like myself.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, King. Don't don't don't don't. Don't tell too many people that I want them to. I want them to continue to say I'm the bad guy.
Speaker 15: Oh no, not at all, not at all, man.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I appreciate you, kin, Thank you brother.
Speaker 16: Yeah, enjoy your day.
Speaker 1: You two.
Speaker 3: Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five five to one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 13: Who's this is Jamel Scott from Yackers, New York.
Speaker 1: Jamel Scott, what up? Getting up your chest?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 13: DJ Nvy and Charlemagne's. My name is Jamil Scott. I'm an assistant Princeville down in Yaquers, New York. Just want to give love and peace to all the administrators and educators out there. I'm also a father of four amazing.
Speaker 15: Young kids active in their lives.
Speaker 13: I want to give peace and love to all the fathers that's active in all their kids lives. Absolutely, it's just not shouting out how it should be. And then finally, my wife, you've been together seventeen years, Terry Scott, love you and I check out her customization business on Instagram as P six custom.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, I appreciate that. All right, holdaen, kids.
Speaker 15: My kids is fourteen, ten, seven and three.
Speaker 3: Wow, you got three year old? I know that three year old run the house right now?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, this name is seventh.
Speaker 4: He's the boss.
Speaker 13: Any kids that was born in during the pandemic, they different.
Speaker 16: They've been here before.
Speaker 3: What I feel the same way about my pay pay She's the boss.
Speaker 1: She's been there before. She know too much.
Speaker 4: They've been here.
Speaker 13: And his best friend is god brother Donnie out to Geena Lawrence, his best friend.
Speaker 15: They run it.
Speaker 13: He's four years old.
Speaker 6: They run the whole household.
Speaker 1: All right, you have a good one man, you too? All right? You? Hello? Who's this up?
Speaker 12: Morning to DJ Mvy and Charlamagne and God peace, Good morning, peace, pease. I just want to have vent to the Lord for blessing me with another day and allowing me to go forward and started my business the greatest gigle Fashion got store. If God did it, God did it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it you guys and Charlo Maame God. I appreciate your growth. You know I watched the growth over the years.
Speaker 15: You're good, You're.
Speaker 12: Great, and I have a blessed day.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 3: Tell him how to get your stuff. You talked about your clothing line.
Speaker 4: Talking about that.
Speaker 12: Is that Glue Fashion dot store g I g l o O dot Fashion, I mean Google Fashion dot Store. Have some great things up there. I created myself and other things for people, women and children. So it's a blessing God. Thank you God, Thank you.
Speaker 1: We thank God for it all. Yes, all praise to do to God always.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five A five one five one. If you need event, you can hit us up when we come back.
Speaker 1: We got your room. Report. Africans are matter. Meet Mill, Will I tell you, meet Mill. Will tell you when I saw when I saw meat milling gone and it was loving all over me. It'll going crazy for me. About a year ago.
Speaker 3: Bo, we'll tell you why what happened. We'll discuss when we come back as the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlemagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. We got to send the rest in peace all out a name or you gossip? You chatting?
Speaker 1: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the te spells right right? Who died?
Speaker 3: Dexter Scott King passed away at his home in Malleble. He was sixty two years old.
Speaker 1: He was the.
Speaker 3: Youngest son of Martin Luther King Junior and Coreta Scott King. He was seven when Martin Luther King Junior passed away. He was a more House graduate. He passed away from a battle with prostate cancer.
Speaker 1: That's why you have to go get your prostate check. First of all, sending healing energy to the King family always, you know, always sending them healing energy. But you gotta get your prostry check. And I got my prostety check like two three weeks ago. I forgot how long ago it was. But it's uncomfortable, yeah, but clearly it's a worth it in the long run.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, And that's why they tell you it's if it's caught early, it's treatable. If it's not caught as early, it's very difficult to battle. That's why Charlemagne and I always come up here and tell you you have to get your your your prostate checked, you have to get a colonoscopy. You got to do all these things to make sure that you can live for the future.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the first time I ever had my profet exam check. I actually went because it was for my proseecting me consultation. And when I was there for my proseector me consultation and Eurologists was like, you need to get your proftety check. Now. Being that I'm stupid, I didn't know that, you know, one go with the other. So I just I didn't know why all of a sudden he wanted to, you know, check my prostate, right, okay, you know, because the first he told me to drop my pants, then he checked my legs and stuff. For the second was the first time. What you mean, yes, you know, I told him forty five years old, and he was like, you need your project, and so you know, he had to talk me into it. We talked you into it. Shut up. See, that's why people don't be wanting to do it, because the stupid stuff like that for that statements like the one.
Speaker 3: You said he made he's asking a question and yeah, and you hit you. And the worst the worst part about it. I'm gonna tell you the worst part about the prostetic exam.
Speaker 1: What's that? Not making no noise? I will not make a noise. When he put that loop on that glove and insherted his fingers back then, I wanted to scream on the there was a pillow there, I would have it. Don would have been it. But guess what, I'm willing to be uncomfortable, you know, to know that everything's fine with my process. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've had it twice and the first time was uncomfortable because the second time was a good time. That's why people don't want to talk about It'll go because he like you. But they were like, they told my wife, excuse me, can you leave? I'm like, why you go to leave? No, she can't leave, but they make your wife leave and yo.
Speaker 1: And by the way, doctors, man, stop talking to us when you do that. Don't talk to me man, don't I don't want to hear no jokes. I don't care. Just we ain't gonta do all that. Do what you gotta do, Tell me everything good and keep it moving. That's right. And I don't want to talk. How much you hear me joke on the radio, on podcast and stuff. I don't want joking those settings now, Okay, getn't get out and I see you next time.
Speaker 3: I don't even wanna talk after Just don't even let me.
Speaker 1: In my eyes making sound effects, not of like mister Elliott in the room, like that's proof? Did you come to me sounding like what good for? I'm trying to scream. What I'm really saying is this morning not done yet?
Speaker 11: Time for that?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness? Well, also shout out to Meat. Male Africans are mad at Meat. First of all, you mean just African. I'm gonna tell you what country, brother, I'm gonna tell you why, Meat mal put on his Twitter on Instagram. Do a lot of people play my music in South Africa? South Africa? I remember having a big show there a few years back. How do y'all listen to our music in South Africa? On what platform? Or in Nigeria? Well, because they say, how do you listen to our music in South Africa Nigeria?
Speaker 1: He asked what platform? Meaning what streaming platforms some of these countries, some of these streaming platforms aren't available. So the title is it Apple is well Spotify.
Speaker 3: Well, we have audio from people being upset.
Speaker 1: You know, ep it in me of progress. Now listen, have you been Southern before, live to South after before, get out of here, get right right here then that that never happened.
Speaker 3: But people are saying, I prefer first ball that never happened.
Speaker 1: That I know that that call had nothing to do with with Meet millsap whichever whatever y'all played just now, I had nothing to do with with Meet MILLSA.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the response, and this is some more responses. Listen, it's kind of funny. Somebody said, I prefer using the noise of a lion. The sound that comes out of them lyon noise pods is something you have to experience when you're down in South Africa.
Speaker 1: Hold up, wait a minute, meek, somebody said, once you think we listen to your music here, coconut the jack fruit.
Speaker 3: Normally we use rocks, but on the good day we use trees, or we get one person to sing for the whole village. Somebody else says, we wait for a bird to fly into America and bring a disc for us once in five years.
Speaker 1: Then the whole village gathered around to play it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Somebody says, well, it depends on the season. And summer we hear it through the trunk of an elephant. In spring, the giraffes catch signal and play it out loud.
Speaker 1: You got me, uh.
Speaker 3: Meek says, I was just asking how they listen music in Africa because I want to handle my business. None of my contracts say they have rights to distribute met in Africa. Basically looking for the money trail. I don't know what platforms used in Africa, which makes sense. That's what he was basically saying, Like you said, you can't say Africa. Africa is a whole continent, so South Africa. He said South Africa and Nigeria, So that's what he was saying. He was trying to figure out, I'm sure what places in South Africa or Nigeria or wherever streams his music because I'm sure he wants to book a show. I'm sure he wants to book a tour. So he's trying to see who listen to buys and this that, and the South Africa has everything.
Speaker 1: By the way, South Africa has Apple, South Africa Title, South Africa has Spotify, they have YouTube Music, they have Amazon Music.
Speaker 3: It's crazy that people are so quick to attack Meat. But really what he was saying, well, you know what platforms do you listen to? Because he wants to see who streams his music? I know, yeah, yeah, I mean, but you know I.
Speaker 1: Understand because you know, Meek's reputation precedes him because me do be trolling. I just want you all to know that you think Meat really uses Twitter as it's certain engine. You think me can't google things for himself. You think me can't ask an assistant one of his label friends, you know some executive he knows he can. He be doing that just for engagement a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: Of course, come on, it'salute to Meek mel all right, and that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news tesling Figaro will be joining us, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 17: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, everybody is tj NV. Charlamagneadd we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Let's sat up with the quick sports.
Speaker 3: Joelle MB last night He's scored seventy points, eighteen rebounds and five assists. Called Anthony town scored sixty two points, eight rebounds in two assists. And it was the eighteen year anniversary of Kobe Bryant's eighty one point.
Speaker 1: Game against the RACT. I watched the Joel MB game and the Call Anthony Towns game. I didn't know it was the anniversary of Kobe Bryant's eighty one points. But I just woke up this morning feeling like I'll give everybody buckets like I was watching that game last night. Y'all watched Joel MB. I'll watch Call Anthony Towns all below the rim game. Easy, easy money bet on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, Jes, nobody believes you of Good morning, ja, I believe in myself. Okay, good morning, Tess d one to Charlamagne. Let's talk about the Supreme Court this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Supreme Court.
Speaker 7: You know, this border crisis is not going away, guys, I mean it's really really not as becoming more and more of an issue, and the Supreme Court had to step in to resolve a dispute about the razor wire at the border.
Speaker 4: Take to listen.
Speaker 18: The Supreme Court ruling in favor of removing sharp razor wire installed by Texas and rivers along the border between US and Mexico to five to four vote now clears the way for federal agents to actually cut down the wire, which administration officials have called dangerous and inhumane.
Speaker 7: Now this razor wire fencing was installed along the Rio gram River by Texas authorities a part of a program they call Eration Long Star. It was an effort launched by Republican Governor Greg Abbot in twenty twenty one to curb illegal immigration. Monday's decision was immediately appealed by the governor. He posted this on Twitter. He said, this is not over. Texas razor wire is an effective deterrent to the illegal crossing that Biden encourages. I will continue to defend Texas constitutional authority to secure the border and prevent the Biden administration from destroying our property. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton also said this Supreme Court's decision temporary order allows Biden to continue his illegal effort to aid foreign invasion of America. The destruction of Texas borders will not help enforce the law or keep Americans safe. He said this fight is not over and he looks forward to defending our state's sovereignty.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: Last Friday, President Biden did admit he did say. You know that the border is not secure. He says he that is why he continues to ask Congress for more money to fix it. He also said he's willing to work with Republicans. And here's his message.
Speaker 19: The questions for the Speaker and House Republicans are they ready to act as well? That have to choose whether they want to solve a problem or keep weaponizing issue to corp political points against the president. I'm ready to solve a problem. I really am massive changes, and I mean it's sincerely.
Speaker 1: Nothing is gonna get done in regard as the immigration until Republicans and Democrats can get on the same page. And you know, you heard President Biden say he's ready to solve the problem. There is a problem at the border. Saying there is a problem at the border is not a right wing talking point. A lot of idiots will say things like that's maga messaging. But it's not have some conversations with folks in these sanctuary cities, you know, like New York and Chicago, and ask them how they feel about what's going on at the border, ask them how you know their lives are being inconvenience, and see what they say. Because over the past year, you know, people have come up to me here in New York City and one conversation in particular, and Envy, I told you this months ago, as one person came up to me in tears balling because of you know, what is happening in his neighborhood as a result of what's going on at the border. So these aren't you know, right wing talking points. This isn't maga messaging. This is just you know, sitting down having conversations with people who are in these sanctuary cities being inconvenienced, you know, by the migrants. But it sounds like it's bullcrap, right.
Speaker 3: And the reason it sounds like it's bullcraft is we've been having issues with the border for what over fifty years, one hundred years, So it's like it's like we got to fix the problem with the border. We've been had these problems and they have money to allocate it. They had time to fix it, they had time to try to understand and control it, but they haven't.
Speaker 1: They don't care about making it better.
Speaker 3: They talk about it when it's an election year, and then when election years over, they let things die down and let things go. It's the same thing when we talk about, you know, healthcare for all, they talk about it during the election year. After election year, we don't hear them talk about it anymore. Same thing they talk about school, that and all that. You hear an election year, and then when it's time for reelection, then you start getting the emails and say, hey, your student loan has been accepted, has been paid. But it's been three years, and we hardly hear about none of the things that really matter to us.
Speaker 1: Well, President Biden is right, though it has been politicized, the boarder hasn't been politicized and weaponized. But if you really care about the people, you know, Republicans and Democrats, y'all will get on the same page and get something done. Well.
Speaker 7: But and again, Democrat Mayor Brandon Johnson, Democrat mayor New York mayor, said that it is a problem at the border. So I mean, it's confirmed it is a problem, and now they're having to deal with the problem. And so now that they're having to deal with the problem of saying it's a migrant problem, so again people can say it's a mega talking point or Democrat talking for whatever it is. The bottom line is it's a talking point and somebody needs right and somebody needs to fix it or need to get on the same page. And yes, President Biden, they will continue to weaponize this. This is how Republicans move. When will Democrats get it? This is how they move. They don't give a damn about you talking about I'm really trying to fix it. They will continue to keep dropping off migrants in some of these sanctuary cities until they force you to get on the same page. And so we're just gonna see who's gonna fold at the end of the day, Charlemage, this is going to be the Democrats going to be Republicans.
Speaker 1: And listen as inhumane and cruel as you know, them putting those migrants on those buses and putting them on planes and dropping them off in office vineyard, and dropping them off in other sanctuary cities, dropping off off in front of Vice President's House. As inhumane and cruel as that was, it was very very effective because when you had the Democrats, you know, like the Vice President Kamala Harrison and the Mayor Eric Adams and you know, others saying things like, hey, we welcome you all into our sanctuary cities. Come, come, come, and then it started to become a problem and they had to be like, WHOA, don't come. This is an issue, this is a problem. We can't handle it. It makes it seem like Republicans were right on the issue from the beginning. It's just that simple, just just on the surface, if you're just looking at the situation, it makes it seem like Republicans were right on the issue from the beginning. But once again, Republicans and Democrats have to come together, get on the same page to to to put some comprehensive immigration reform on the books. All right, well, thank you, Tiz, no problem, and make sure you follow at teslin figure out on all social media platforms and subscribe that at Teslin. Figure out her podcast, The Straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Now JT from the City Girl said that it is rude to comment on someone's weight, whether they are gaining or losing.
Speaker 1: So that is the question.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Is it rude to comment on someone's physical appearance the weight?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, because you don't know how they lost the weight, you know what I mean. They might have lost the weight because they're sick. They might have lost the weight because they're on crack.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: They might have gained the weight because they depressed them and eaten. They might have gained the weight because they fat. They might have gained and there's all type of reasons you don't never know why.
Speaker 3: But it's also because maybe they've worked out and you you telling them, hey, you lost some weight, makes them feel good, makes them go harder because people are actually seeing the weight lost.
Speaker 1: I think we know the difference between somebody losing weight because of exercise and somebody losing weight because they had a surgery. On Ozmpic you can definitely tell with Osempics, Yes, in a lot of ways. But by the way you can here's a difference between how you say it too, Like if you're like, oh, wow, you look good. You lost weight. You know, I don't say things like that because that means that I that that that I thought you was fat to begin with. So if you were fat to begin with, and I acted like I didn't know this, when you lose the weight, I'm acting like I ain't know this either, because that ain't none of my business.
Speaker 3: But if somebody's working out and you can see that they're working out, you can sell losing some weight stay in the gym.
Speaker 1: It depends, man. I'm telling you. If they just getting in shape and they got muscles, I understand. But I'm telling you if they was fat before, right, and you never acknowledged.
Speaker 3: It, how do you acknowledge somebody being fat?
Speaker 1: That's my point. So when they lose the weight, don't acknowledge it either. Even if they say something about it around, you don't say nothing. Eight hundreds. I know that's right, that I lost weight. Like, I know that's right. You know what I'm saying. Don't shown me at all?
Speaker 3: Five eight five, one oh five. Won let's discus sister the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Come on the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 20: Call eight hundred five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: More than everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just joined us. We're talking about something that JT from the City Girls had said.
Speaker 1: What did JT the Philosopher's sake?
Speaker 3: JT said, it is rude to comment on someone's weight, whether they are gaining or losing. The question is do you agree eight hundred and five eight five.
Speaker 1: One oh five to one. I don't disagree, like I mind my business when it comes to stuff like that because I don't know how it happened, and I've had enough experience in my life commenting on people's weight lost, our weight gain and it not being something positive. You know what I'm saying. Only physiques I compliment you on is men when I can tell they working out, or are women when you can tell working out like the muscles are visible. You know what I mean? And what I will say to those people is you're not missing no push ups, something simple like that. But as far as just weight loss and weight gain, I mind my business because I don't know why they lost the weight and I don't know why they gained The weight. Yeah, so I just mind my business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mind my business as well. And that's because one time there was a woman that was we were all on a plane together. She's in the industry, and I thought she was pregnant and I said congratulations, and she wasn't pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst.
Speaker 3: And it stuck because she was like, I'm not pregnant, and it just hit me. And I said after that, I will never compliment or say congratulations or say you're losing weight or your gain never again.
Speaker 1: That woman hasn't eaten anything since what year was that? This was before the breakfast, but yeah, before the breath. She she ain't ate nothing in fifteen years. She has not had a solid meal in fifteen years. Because of that one comment, one of our producers, Sim Sim was in here. Simp said, what's Sim at?
Speaker 13: Sem?
Speaker 1: Damn tell Sim come here because I want him to tell his story. Sim just told us three stories, which I just want the first one. I wanted the first one about how she walked over to the dude in church. Okay, And if you've ever been or if you know Sim and you met Sim, Sim is like a cheerleader, right, Sim will hype you up. You know what I'm saying. Sim will like really really really really really really hype you up, right, and when she hypes you up, you know here she come here, she comes Sim.
Speaker 3: Now, Sim is one of the breakfast club producer. She's a breakfast club producer. Like you said, if you've been up here, if you've definitely met Sim. The first story Sim about the dude you ruined church.
Speaker 21: Oh all right, so it's not funny, God blessed dad. It was a guy I was really cool with at my church. He was an older man and he started like putting off weight, but his bone structure was looking real good. So I'm like, oh, he looks really nice, so I start bringing him up. I'm thinking I'm hyping him from losing weight. Okay, come on, giant plan, I'm doing it big. It's somebody behind him that's giving me the signal like stop stop stop.
Speaker 1: Because I I know he was sick.
Speaker 21: So after he was because he's not giving me no energy back when I'm telling him like, oh, you look good.
Speaker 1: Then he walks away and the guy tells me like, oh he's sick.
Speaker 21: He has cancer.
Speaker 1: And he died a week later. You killed him. It was all you you put him in a very deep depression that he couldn't get out of. God bless that man. Okay, and so once again this is why you shouldn't compliment nobody on their weight. And Sim is the cancer survivor that she is. And sim was taking pictures of herself and posting them on Instagram thinking, she, you know, losing weight. You know what I mean, she working, I'm so proud. You know, the whole time she was shick. Yeah, whole time she was sitting, but she survived. She congratulations. Hello, who's this all right?
Speaker 6: This is Zoe Lauderdale.
Speaker 1: Hey, Zoey.
Speaker 3: Now what do you think what do you think people should comment on people's weight gain or weight loss?
Speaker 22: I think absolutely not Personally.
Speaker 23: Right now, I'm going through some health issues and you know, it kind of forces me not to be able to exercise how I used to. So I've gained a few and people, you know, if they would comment on them, that that would stuck because that's not my fault. And then on the other token, you know, people can lose weight because of health. So I just feel like unless someone's talking about their health journey on social media and talking about being in the gym.
Speaker 4: You should just not talk about.
Speaker 1: It, that's right. The only time I'm commenting on somebody's weight, like I said, is if you can tell visibly they've been in the gym, like you can see the muscles like, oh shoot, like they look like they just did a bed. And I'm gonna tell you something. If you was fat, and I never said nothing about you being fat, if you do whatever you gotta do to lose weight, I ain't commenting on that either. I'm acting like I'm acting like you the same person that I knew when you were fat.
Speaker 3: But but there's nobody that tells you what it is like your mama or your grandmother. Your mother and your grandmother be like, you gave me some pounds on your boy. That's mama or grandmama.
Speaker 1: Or they have the right to say that because they know that whatever it is you're dealing with, you're going to be vulnerable with them because that's your mama. That's when your grandma. So if you are sick, are depressed, you can really have a conversation with them. That's where you feel comfortable having to common face.
Speaker 3: She with eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you're just joining us. We're talking about JT from the City Girls. She put out a tweet yesterday that said, is it rude to comment on someone's weight, whether they are gaining or losing?
Speaker 1: That is the question?
Speaker 3: Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning.
Speaker 1: Day. If y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topic.
Speaker 20: Times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ env Charlamagne, the God we are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us with taking something that JT said and making it a topic. JT said that is it rude to comment on someone's weight gain or weight loss?
Speaker 1: That is the question. Eight hundred five A.
Speaker 3: Five one oh five to one. We got Michael on the line. Michael says, hell not. Ain't rute it all Michael.
Speaker 1: Without what's telling my good guys.
Speaker 4: So that's what I want to get off my chest.
Speaker 5: DJ Charlamagne and.
Speaker 1: Djah you know that.
Speaker 5: That's how we're rocking. Y'all gonna have to lead Trick Daddy, Cee low Green and Big Boy and in two thousand and two, you know what I mean like, don't take that into February. Y'all got that in heavy rotation out here twice a week for real, for real.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about, what you're talking about, but.
Speaker 5: That drove up and let the sunshine in or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, don't we don't have nothing to do with the music, sir. I'm sorry, I agree with you, though't.
Speaker 4: Hey, but yeah, I had to get that off my chest.
Speaker 5: And I ain't mean to blame y'all.
Speaker 4: Then, but y'all definitely been taking the heat. I've been saying, y'all bogus and tail. That's all me.
Speaker 1: All. You ain't say thathing about the weight loss.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, hell yeah. You can tell anybody you're trying to lose weight. You know, I smoke a lot of weeds, so I've been losing weight anyway. I ain't gotta tell nobody, but but you know here, you definitely want to let it be no effectually if you're putting that work in and you trying to man, I shout out to everybody just doing their weight training thing.
Speaker 4: That's good for mental health too.
Speaker 5: Shout out to y'all the man you be putting us heavy on that so you know, work out look good. Yeah, tell people, be proud of yourself, let people know your consciousness. I'm definitely letting people know when I lose weight.
Speaker 1: Now, you said something in this whole conversation. You said that you smoke weed, So you're definitely losing weight, my brother. If you're smoking so much weed that you losing weight, might not be weed and something is.
Speaker 3: Wrong, because usually it's the other way around. You smoke weed and you eat after and you gain a little weight.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I guess, man, I just man, I just smoke, go to work, go to sleep.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 5: So I know I'm losing weight. I'm barely eating any way anyway. It ain't got no time to eat, man, I got to hit that clock, get this money, take care of them kids.
Speaker 1: Man, that don't sound like you're taking care of your mental health, my brother, by doing it. It's not like you're staying busy as the responses for trauma. That's what it sounds like to me. But I'm not no therapist, So don't listen to me. Have a good one, brother, love about to cry about God?
Speaker 6: Are y'all doing it?
Speaker 5: Kim?
Speaker 1: How you feeling?
Speaker 22: I'm feeling great. I'm feeling great. I just talked to y'all last week about the dias, so now I'm talking y'all again.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's up.
Speaker 22: I don't like when people compliment me on my weight because when gain's weight, people used to say, oh, how beautiful I look, But then guys I dated would be like, oh, you need to lose weight. I don't date girls that get over a certain weight.
Speaker 13: But then when you.
Speaker 22: Lose all the weight, then it's oh, you lost too much weight, but you're still cute.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 22: I don't need nobody to compliment me or disregard me out my weight to talk to me.
Speaker 1: I understand that's not a good feeling. Okay, Well, thank you, Kim.
Speaker 22: Thank you cashed that out my podcast.
Speaker 3: You ahead, mama, what's up, y'all?
Speaker 22: It's your girl Kim from the Patio with Kim podcast on that Feeling podcast network. Thank you to the Breakfast Club DJ and being Charlamagne God for letting me shout y'all out.
Speaker 1: Oh queen, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Janab for Victoria.
Speaker 1: So we asked you to lose weight. First of all, don't call you about no lines.
Speaker 6: First of all, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, you can start off with the line.
Speaker 15: I appreciate that, but I'm say this, man, I'm big. We know we're big, so we don't need the commentary as far as you know. Gain't wait, but tell us that we lost weight boost the motivation to lose war.
Speaker 1: How much you weigh?
Speaker 15: I was four fifty five now I'm three to fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 15: How to all of you six to two?
Speaker 1: Oh my brother could now see. I gotta congratulate you on that. For you four fifty five to three fifteen, what you've been doing.
Speaker 15: Basically stop drinking and drink a lot of water and stop eating every time I was hungry.
Speaker 1: I respect that, brother, Keep going, keep going on your journey, man, absolutely, brother, appreciate you have a good one. And it was a salute to all the Ozimpic gold medalists out there. You know what I'm saying. There's a lot of Ozimpic gold medalists. You know they out there, you know, using those zimpic to lose weight as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they can hear they probably in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Right. Doesn't make you have diarrheala, I heard, it makes you have really bad diarrheal. What's the mall of the story. I mean, the mall of the story is, you know, you do what makes you feel comfortable. Me personally, I am not comportable. I am not commenting on anybody's weight loss are weight gain, just because I've learned my lesson, you know, throughout life. And not only have I learned my lesson, I've seen other people learn day lesson. So the only time I'm commenting on somebody's physique is if they look like they just came home from doing a bed like they diesel. You know what I'm saying, You can tell they really been in the gym. Other than that, minded my business, all right, all right, Well when we come back, we got your room and report. Kanye West. He's back in the news. Yeah, we'll tell you why. All right, don't move. It's to Breakfast Slog go Morning owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's dj NV Charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Good Morning on this Tuesday. So we got rumors coming up. We got to tell you about Kanye West. He's back in the news. He was out and about with his wife and gotta rast a little bit. So we'll tell you all about that when we come back. What up, Charlamagne?
Speaker 1: Hey, I want to tell y'all something, man, But I forgot No, I didn't forget. Hold on. No, you know what I tell y'all how much time we got?
Speaker 10: Real?
Speaker 1: We got a little bit of time. We you know, sleut to South Carolina State University. That's all my mother's alma mater. And you know, I set up a scholarship fund there called the Ford Family Endowed Scholarship. And the Ford Family Endowed Scholarship is open to current South Carolina State University sophomores and senior students. You must be a South Carolina resident, and you must major in either English or communications our related fields our studies in mental health related fields like psychology counseling are psychiatry. And you can register for that Ford Family Endowed Scholarship right now. You can apply at bit dot l y slash Ford Family SCSU Scholarship. That's bit dot l y slash Ford Family SCSU Scholarship. The deadline is February sixteenth, twenty twenty four, at eleven fifty nine p m Eastern, So you can go look and see what all the requirements are to receive the Ford family endowed scholarship. So dropping the clues bound for Scoline State UNI Birsley. That's my mother's on my mater, so I set that scholarship fund up there. All right, Yes, everybody at s C s U. That's right, go apply right now, all right, bot l y slash Ford Family s C s U Scholarship.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got your room reports.
Speaker 1: Don't move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Go morning mourning everybody you see j n V, Charlamagne, the gud.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors to sort. Kanye West all out of name or you gossip chatting? This is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea spells right, yes, Now, Kanye West was out in La with his wife Bianca, and as they were leaving, but I guess the restaurant or the store they was leaving, a gentleman came up to them and started yelling at him, started cursing him out. The man appears to be homeless, appears to have some problems. But this went viral yesterday. At the man yelling at him, I.
Speaker 1: Am the real homie, you got no chance. Look at too Cloud talking.
Speaker 4: The white boy.
Speaker 1: So I'm bad.
Speaker 12: You ain't boy.
Speaker 6: Just know that so it is.
Speaker 11: He's so smart, so new, so nifty.
Speaker 1: You ain't boy. At least I played with Cardy too. I'm no four. I am a god homie bus to fart homie to wish boy.
Speaker 24: You ain't back plus the warm homie. I ain't no kid cutting. I ain't cutting dog. I'm fridles this boy. I am the one, not whole, not su. I ain't little bit fiasco. I ain't mo steth dog.
Speaker 1: This is move. Look, I am homeless twelve years gay.
Speaker 24: I ain't listening to this oh seven, not his graduation, only little boys the.
Speaker 1: Mot much I much he's homeless. But he clearly got social media. Clearly he got a smartphone, yeah, because he is up on all the current events. Clearly that that man shot every single news headline we've seen about Kanye in the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: At him, Kid cut It, Loupe Fiasco, most death, and Luke Paey Fiasco was beefer with Park, but Kit cut He had nothing to do with Kanye, but.
Speaker 1: He just threw it all out. And I mean, I want to say that he could have been under the substance. I want to say he could have been dealing with mental health issues, but it sounds like he just don't like Kanye, what you know. And he said he was homeless. Yeah, well the guy said he was homeless. Well, right before Kye him and Kanye dressed it like similar, okay.
Speaker 3: Similar, But right before Kanye was telling paparazzi where to get the angles to take the right pictures, and I guess the guy seen it and then he just was like this went off.
Speaker 1: Did Kanye have security with him?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of crazy, because you know, I don't do regardless of whether you're on a substance or dealing with mental health issue, if you out with your wife and something like that happened you on God Now.
Speaker 3: But Kanye got in a car fast, So he got in his truck fast. His wife got in the truck fast, and he didn't pull off. He waited, he left, he you know, rolled the window down just a little bit. The head of guys into the guy finished talking and then he drove off.
Speaker 1: Kanye need to have security, that's what Kanye needs.
Speaker 3: Well, Eva Marcel talks about for neessing her way onto America's Next Top Model. I went to a fake callback.
Speaker 25: I said to a callback that I wasn't I was there at the initial audition to be called back.
Speaker 3: To quick origin story for Top Model for me.
Speaker 1: I was in Atlanta.
Speaker 25: I found out they were doing auditions for Top Model. I went on my best friend, but I worked at Dillard's and I couldn't be late for work.
Speaker 1: The line was crazy.
Speaker 25: It was at Lenox. I said, I'm not waiting for this line. So then I go home go to work. The auditions in Memphis, Tennessee. So I decided to drive my Nissan CenTra down in Memphis, Tennessee with a doughnut tire.
Speaker 3: Any money walked in there. So the lady asked me.
Speaker 25: She goes, so where did we first see you? I said, well, I flirsty saw y'all in Atlanta. Okay, ATLETICX y'all were casting, and she's like, looking like that, Michelle, Michelle Mark, I did not see.
Speaker 1: Your face, but tell me something about yourself.
Speaker 25: And I literally just deboed my way through and from there they had me wait and I made it some final rounds and I ended up on the show.
Speaker 1: That's what God wanted to happen.
Speaker 3: Clear wow, even was able to get in because you usually they check your name, check your your license and all that.
Speaker 1: But she finessed the way, so it was meant for her.
Speaker 3: Lastly, Chris Brown, and there was a viral video of Chris Brown and Quavo sitting at a fashion show. The reason that it went viral is because they were sitting side by side at the rude fashion show. It was a Paris Fashion Week and those two weren't seeing eye the eye a couple of years ago with Chris Brown's ex girlfriend Carucci trans so there was a problems. But Chris Brown put on Instagram yesterday, can't pick who you sit by f all that growth ish It could not fit to fumble my bag for a little iggas. So I'm glad they were able to sit because people say, well, I mean, he didn't want to mess with the bag. But old Chris Brown, it would have been it would have been a situation. But I'm glad they were those brothers would both be able to sit next to each other, watch the fashion show and then leave with nothing able to happen.
Speaker 1: That This is how I know I'm old, because I don't even know what the hell's going on? What did Chris Brown and Quavo have issues over? I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, after Chris Brown stopped dating Karuci, Quavo started dating Kruci, and then there was a big problem. They got into an argument at a parking facility and they were yelling at each other, cursing at each other. So it was a little hot style for a minute. So the fact that those brothers could sit next to each other and you know, not like each other and still do what they want to do and not get into an altercation. There was no fights, so nothing was don't remember none of that, Uncle Charla, don't remember none of that thing about that?
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is your rumor reports. I'm glad that they know how to act that then white people functions, because if that would have been a black event, they probably would have been, you know, all in each other's face and everything else more than likely. So I hope that you know, they can keep that same type of energy everywhere and not just in that setting in Paris at a fashion whatever designers event that was. Now I want you all to who rude the hell is rude? Clothing line our hud never heard of it. Oh, I thought you were saying he was rude.
Speaker 3: No, then is rude that's the name close my room.
Speaker 1: I never heard of that. But my thing is simply keep that same energy at all times, not just when you you know, at those type of events. Don't know, don't that's that's don't don't be knowing how to act, okay, when you're in front of them, folks. We got to know how to act at all times.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad because clearly it ain't that serious, right because because if it was that serious, it'd be on site anywhere, right, correct. So you know, I'm glad nothing happened, and I don't want anything to happen anywhere. But you know, I just wish we could keep that same energy at every function, correct, not just uh functions for rude people or whatever the hell you say. Forget it, it's a rude forget it. Well, give me your donkey too, man, that's your man.
Speaker 1: Far after the hour, we need a guy named Robert Brush. He's from Florida. He needs to come to the congregation. We would like to have a word with him. And this story, it's kind of triggering. Because I've been in this situation. But we'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It don't move.
Speaker 17: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Some donkey to days just so himself.
Speaker 1: Arte, may I never read the donkey again, Arlac? Yes you are Charlotte's true. Yes Donkey Today for Tuesday, January twenty third, goes to a Florida man named Robert Brush. Now what does your uncle Sharla always tell you about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. See Robert Brush is on drugs, ladies and gettlemen, narcotics, all right. He is an attic, a user, a fiend, a junkie, a druggier space cadet. Yes, and not just any drug. Robert is on that speed, that cranked, that ice, that chalk, that Scooby snack. Yes, Robert Brush does mess. Yes, he loves chicken flipping. Okay, he gets fried. And the reason I know he gets Friday is because of how he got caught. See, defuties pulled Robert over and asked for his license because they noticed the tailgate on a on a on his pickup truck that was covering the license plate. So they pulled him over. Now, when they asked for his license and he handed it over, deputies noticed a white crystalline substance on it. See, some of y'all have watched enough movies or had enough real life experiences to know that cards like driver's license are often used to break up drugs. Okay, not just driver's license, credit cards, all right, MX, visa playing cards. Everything from the Big Joker to Draw four is used to break up drugs, especially powdered ones. Now, when cops saw the white crystalline substance on the card, they tested it and it came back positive for meth. Then Robert did what most humans would do in that situation, and that's why, okay, and he told deputies he didn't know there was drugs on the license and there was nothing illegal in the car. WELP, we'll see how smart you are when the canines come. And that's exactly what happened, all right. Dogs came, sniffed the car and tucked between the driver's seat and sente console, cops found a baggy feel with what appeared to be a large amount of the same substance on the license, and it was fourteen points twenty three grams of that no dose, fourteen point twenty three grams of cookies, fourteen point twenty three grams of that Christina. Now it's not lost on me that this man's name is Robert Brush. Okay, He Robert Brush, had a brush with the law, and that brush with the law resulted in his arrest, all because Robert Brush didn't brush the drugs off his license. Now I know it's probably Robert Brush's desire to stand up and brush himself off because he made a mistake and he wants to ask for forgiveness. That's what life is about. Okay. Whenever first you don't succeed, brush yourself off and try again. But Robert Brush, you must first go get treated for your disease. Okay. Addiction is a disease, and it's a disease that jail can't cure. I don't care if you're a black person addicted to crack or a white person addicted to meth. Prison is not where you should be. But we all know America does not know how to solve problems. So, being that we don't know how to solve problems, we will never, never, never, never, never ever be able to assist people in properly overcoming their addictions. So we will continue to criminalize the disease of addiction and send people to jail when we should be sending them to rehab. And even though I can sympathize with Robert Brush and his disease, it still won't stop me from giving him the credit he deserves for being stupid, even if it's a legit reason for him to be Please give Robert Brush to Sweet Sounds of the Hamiltones. Oh no, you are the dogee of the day, the dogee all the day. Ye Now, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said, amazingly, it's not the first time someone is handed over their license covered with an a legal substance. And that doesn't surprise me because I've had the same exact experience. What I've told you all this a million times. You've heard this story, okay a million times. I'm that uncle that will tell you the same story over or Okay, it's even in one of my books. Okay, I don't know if it's black privileged oshok ones both available wherever you buy books right now. But I was riding with someone in Fort Lee, New Jersey, and I was with that person the night before as well, and we got pulled over twice by the police in Harlem. This was two thousand and seven of two thousand and eight. I don't recall now, being that we got pulled over twice in Harlem. By the time we got pulled over for the third time in thirty six hours in Fortland, New Jersey, I was like, these guys are pros. Okay. When the police came to the window, I thought, the police trust me, officer, they know the procedure. License and registration right handed over. So the driver gave him his license in registration and compass. Like, step out the car, let's search the car. Still normal, very routine thing that happened when you black, okay, no need to debate to argue about it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And me being the key key palmer rass negro that I am never taking things serious. Always want to get a little he haul, a hall haul and a key key. Okay, I'm telling the officers, excuse me, officer, while you harassing us, searching us for no reason. The murderer just drove by. Oh, another car just drove by, trunk full of guns and cocaine. Next thing I know, all I heard was put your hands behind your back. Oh okay. I'm like, damn, I went too far with the keykeys. Okay. Come to find out the driver had handed him is licensed registration and assurance and like this little plastic thing. And also in the plastic thing was five grams of cocaine. So it took us all to jail because they didn't claim it until we got to the jail. So I've been in that situation all right. Yeah, much more, much more normal occurrence to me.
Speaker 3: I think last week, a couple days ago, we reported that fifty cent is practicing abstinence in twenty twenty four. So I guess there's a lot of people that go through this phase where they practice abstinence or celibacy. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, does abstinence and celibacy actually help you in your life, whether it's work, whether it's love, whether it's friendships. That is the question helps you to focus absolutely, eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Let's discuss so you've been through that, been through what not having sex for a while.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, But I mean I think that it just helps. It helps with discipline. I mean that's like even when people you know, uh do Ramadan and they fast, like you know, sex is one of the things that you abstained from. It just helps you to focus.
Speaker 3: Until you've done it before, and it helps you with your focus. How long have you abstained for?
Speaker 1: I mean I've done ramada before? Yeah, what's that? I forgot? How long rama done this? I ain't done it this so long? I don't know my long as rama? How long is rama? You know ramadbody you know? Yeah, absolutely, I know I know people that do stuff like that all the time. Okay, and people practice the uh not ejaculating rema. Kevin Gates talked about that. That's right. Yeah, I've never done that. I got six kids.
Speaker 3: Just keeps going and on. All right, But we'll discuss when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. This abstinence and celibacy actually help you in your life.
Speaker 1: It work. Let's discus assist the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 20: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club Morning everybody in stej n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about abstinence. Now, this conversation comes with fifty Fitty said you're gonna practice abstinence for twenty twenty four and we're asking does abstinence and celibacy actually help in your life? We're talking word finding, love, friendships and all that. Let's discuss eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I got six kids. There's no abstinence, but I've been married for twenty two years. Yes, abstinence absolutely does you know, cause you to focus?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Actin this causes you to focus because it causes you to focus on other things in your life that are important to you, you know what I mean. There's a lot of things that we probably neglect because sex is always on our brain. So yeah, I absolutely believe abstinence can increase your focus. I mean anything that you give up, that you love to do, that you feel has a hold on you in some way, shape or form. If you decide to, you know, make the sacrifice to not indulge in it for a while. Yeah, it's going to cause you to focus. I don't care if it's sex. I don't care. If it's alcohol. I don't care if it's weed, you know what I mean. I don't care if it's a fast food like little things like that, switching up your diet. All of that is good for your mental and emotional well being one hundred percent. And I think what you said is perfect.
Speaker 3: If something has a hold on you that you needed, whether you're somebody that enjoys watching porn or you have to have it so much that you'll miss work, you'll miss things, it's all a thing. Yes, then I believe that whatever you said, not just abstinist, but those things that you do need to give up and clear your mind and think a lot.
Speaker 1: Because you got to be specific when you say abstinist. You got to say abstaining from what. I think people hear the word after this and they just think sex.
Speaker 10: But no.
Speaker 1: Abstinence increases productivity all across the board. Depending on what you're abstaining from, you might have stained from, like I said, alcohol, you might have stayed from drugs. You might have stayed from staying up all goddamn night and get you some proper sleep, you know, abstaining from negative people. Okay, I guess abstaining from sex can absolutely increase your focus. Is there anything that you had to I staying from. I was staying from all of those things. I was staying from sex. I was staying from, you know, bad foods. I was staying from drugs. I was saying, I was staying from alcohol. Like, yeah, I had a lot of bad habits, a lot of terrible, terrible habits. I was never really a drinker or none of those things.
Speaker 3: The only thing I had to stay with I was into It's gonna sound crazy, but I was into chasing the check. Like I would travel every weekend on the road to DJ I would travel every weekend to go work. And I gave it up for about two months, and it was the best decision in my life. Yeah, but now I'm back on the road. I ain't doing no more back chasing checks.
Speaker 1: Huh m. Shut the f up, man. I was like, that's why I don't talk to you. That's why that's why I mean, you're not out of animal.
Speaker 3: So you're not paying no more. Hello, that's wrong with him. You can't see what's uping man, you have a coworking case. You just want to punch in the gut. Hell yeah, but we're not talking about that. That's an things that come out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: Sitting here, you know what I'm saying, Red, We're all just sitting here thinking, why would now? Why would he say that? You thinking nobody else is thinking that? You think everybody's thinking they not read the YouTube comments later day? Right, we all on the same note. Nope, not at all. Casey anyway, Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking about abstinence and celibacy. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 6: All right, Sir.
Speaker 1: We didn't say I'm staying from talking when you call into the breakfast club. We said, how do you feel about him standing from sex?
Speaker 22: Sir?
Speaker 6: Oh man, and listen practicing There's there's no way, man. Uh. Some of my best work comes after after the night of putting the work.
Speaker 1: If you understand me, clear mind, you got clear mind.
Speaker 6: Clear mind all day long.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: You know you have you know you have that long day and you have to go clear your mind at the end of the day. I mean, there's nothing like that feeling. Man, So I don't know about that. I feel I feel two wound up by practice.
Speaker 1: Okay, absolutely, thank you. Hello, who's this? Good morning? Good morning brother, Good morning with shall we're talking about abstaining from sex. Have you done it? What's the pros? What's the cars? Talk to us brother?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 16: I feel like you know, it's about it definitely. Like Charlotte said, it's about discipline, you know what I'm saying, self control. But it's all about your situation too, because you can have a spouse that may not be on that same frequency and it could cause a problem. That's what I'm saying. So it's about your pros and cons Like what's your purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know what, maybe both of y'all that's something both of y'all can try together. If you're trying to get stronger mentally, emotionally, spiritually, maybe you and your partner can sit down and say, yo, for thirty days, let's do this. You switch your diet, right, you know, you switch your consumption. And when I mean consumption, I mean the things that you watch, the things that you take in on your phone, the things that you put in your body. Food wise, drink wise, it could be very fulfilling. Man. Fact all right, brother, you brother, thein't got so many words.
Speaker 3: It's going on eight hundred five talking about a very sensitive subjective one. We're talking of abstaining from sex, right, abstinence or celibacy.
Speaker 1: Have you done it? There's a work for you. Let's discuss. This's the breakfast club. More money. Everybody is j n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagneadd we are the breakfast club now if you're just joining us, we're talking about fifty you know, fifty cent. The other day talked about I'm standing from sex in twenty twenty four. He said he wants to focus on a lot of the things he has going on is liquor brand Branson of course, the studio that they're building in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: So we're asking have you done it? Does it work for you? And we have Mel on the line. Mel, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking about abstinence this morning. Have you practiced it that work for you?
Speaker 22: I did.
Speaker 26: I practiced it with my now husband for six years. The six years that we dated. Is we're engaged in everything. We didn't do it, wow, And I think it was the healthiest thing because it's like you have to connect on another realm because that you can have sex with anybody, but you can't connect you know, mentally, emotionally, spiritually with everybody. And when you put that time in, then it's sex like a bonus.
Speaker 17: I got you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yep? What other benefits did you feel?
Speaker 24: Like?
Speaker 1: Mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
Speaker 22: Everything else?
Speaker 26: We had to connect in that way. It was the sex was at the bottom of the of the bottom of the list. So it's like, can this man pray for me? Can we you know, help each other provide because in this day and age, we can try to put all the pressure on the manic vide but we can't. So it's like, can we get through this together? Can we get through each other mentally when things are going bad? Like we had to build all of that stuff and we discovered it God, engaged, got married and on our wedding night was the first time we were together and it was wonderful. Now we're seven years then two kids, So yeah, I think it helped.
Speaker 1: True, true, True, Thank you so much.
Speaker 26: You're welcome, go ahead and book this room.
Speaker 22: Hello yelling at my boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Why are you yelling at your boyfriend so early in the.
Speaker 4: Morning because he's just getting on my nerves.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we're talking about staining from sex.
Speaker 1: That's what sounded like. The problem is, sound like, y'all, sound like you know he's trying to be a better man practice and absentence and you ain't having it.
Speaker 27: No, that's not it for us, that's the problem, getting up the poo poom. Should have did it when I was for three years, my life was right. I had no issues, no problems. And you have to suggest strings on drama.
Speaker 1: Yep, especially when you're letting them hear all right and you know this? So so how can how can you overcome the drama? Are you going to go back into celibacy? Are you going to have stain?
Speaker 15: I am I'm done.
Speaker 12: I got to give it up for a minute.
Speaker 1: Can we can we speak to him?
Speaker 22: No, he was on the phone.
Speaker 4: He had worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just trying to make some plans for later, because you know what you got planned, so you know, stop.
Speaker 27: What I got planned is to get on a plane to go back to my house. That's what I got planned for.
Speaker 13: Damn?
Speaker 4: Is that bad? That bad?
Speaker 1: Why he ain't acting right?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Do what y'all do.
Speaker 1: Y'all, don't put us in that. Don't say y'all. I'm just saying, what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Has been weird?
Speaker 27: First of all, you know we live in a different states. You know, I don't know what he's doing while I'm out here. I know I'm being a good girl when I'm in Texas, but I have no idea now.
Speaker 1: I don't know now because if you out here, you know, accusing him of things, and you know you feel, you know, you feel like you know he may be doing something. How we know that's not a guilty conscience talking the baby? Okay, Well, you know we.
Speaker 27: Say each other and your phone going off eleven twelve o'clock to night? Who is that homeoys? Get a tire?
Speaker 22: What's up?
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know about you, but a lot of a lot of men that I know have their phones set at eleven o'clock to remind them to pray. So a lot of times when the phone is going off that time of night, they want to say a little prayer right before they go to bed. So you just thinking the worst for no reason. And I don't understand why. You know, black men don't cheat.
Speaker 27: Let's not go there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I won't talk about prayer. Then.
Speaker 27: You know how women we have in suspicions. You have a what nine times out of team were right?
Speaker 1: Not always that one time? Is the devil talking to you. The devil always want to try to ruin a good thing, and you, please, you might be right. Get that man a chance, Get that man a chance. Go through his phone, you know, ask him, let me, let me.
Speaker 6: Let me go.
Speaker 11: That's what I don't do.
Speaker 1: Ask him to let you see them, say yo, let me see your phone. Let me see who texting you eleven o'clock at night. And when you see that is you know, uh, the prayer line Christian Christian really bad, that's right.
Speaker 27: Not Christian mingo so DJ. That means he on a day insid be stupid.
Speaker 1: Prayers and man and be stupid. Please, man, please, I don't.
Speaker 27: Go through phones. That's what he do.
Speaker 5: That man.
Speaker 22: Here, here is my phone.
Speaker 11: You can do what you want to do.
Speaker 27: I'm not going to go through your phone because I try to trust. But when my fight senses go off, it's something going wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, if all the brothers out there, you know, you can always go to tdj's ministries. Man, and you can get your prayer requests. You know what I'm saying, you can and always think the worst man. Black men don't cheat s.
Speaker 27: Right, my next one probably won't.
Speaker 1: And you know wow right now, and.
Speaker 3: It is allowing you in this house. That means he ain't got nothing to hide.
Speaker 4: I'm uh, does it?
Speaker 27: Or does he have them changed and controlled? Hey, my babe coming you can't.
Speaker 1: You're a tough cookie.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I mean that is if that is the case. He a legend. I don't believe. I don't believe that to be the case. But if it is the case, Yes, those ladies respect you. You can't date a woman that don't respect your man. Girl. Man, he's supposed to be And I'm.
Speaker 27: Glad out there they are respecting me. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You're not helping, right, that's the point.
Speaker 27: They should be there at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the moral of the story is practice after this, I understand. I'm with you. I'm with you when you're going back home.
Speaker 27: Go back home in third and look like I'm going back home today.
Speaker 1: Damn, Charlotte, run away. I don't know what they got going on, man, God bless you. Queen Mo nigga have a good well, God bless you. I'm in Baltimore right now, Baltimore, and you're from Houston. No, you're going back to Houston, San Antonio, San Antonio. All right, well you have a go with mama.
Speaker 27: Good luck you two thinks, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Just ruin the whole relation. You know what y'all Barkley say about the women in San Antonio. But I'm a mama, my business because I don't know women from San Antonio. That's what right there? What's salute to you God? When we come back. We got your room reports. Stay right there. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Warning, everybody is stej n V Charlemagne de God.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Mary J. Blige name or you've gotsip, Betty. This is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 1: Right right now. Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige talks about her starting her own boot line. Now if you don't know, of course, Mary is famously known for always wearing boots when she's performing and dancing and doing her one two thing. And she talks about her start and her.
Speaker 1: Where's the boot line? Ladies have been waiting for the Mary J. B boot line. I mean you're looking flying your javas right now. But I'm just saying, where is the It's coming. It's a thing, It's coming.
Speaker 6: It is a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's coming.
Speaker 4: So because I cannot like get some for Christmas or something.
Speaker 3: Like Christmas, we ain't even going on to production, so we ain't do nothing yet.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking it's coming. Maybe you're two years or something or but not right now. They pressing me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one year, one year, Okay, I'm working it out.
Speaker 1: Okay. Everybody been asking for that. Absolutely, they've been on Maryhead, they've been on the Shina Head. Make that happen. And also she talks about her relationship status. It's on the way the boot line. Well, listen, sis, I had some some fellas ask me of a certain aig some some where. Are you single?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Really, you're not single. No, I'm not single. You're happily doing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I'm happily doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'll leave it right there. Also, you know, all dripping the clues bonds shout the marriage, the icon that is Mary J. Blige. Absolutely, you you you got people in a little frenzy yesterday. NB.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we were about to play that conversation. Well we did yesterday. We had a conversation about Scissa and giving Scissor her flowers and this is this had a conversation with yesterday.
Speaker 1: Do we appreciate Si as an artist the way we should? Absolutely? I mean she gets all the radio play and stuff like that. I feel she could get more awards, which I'm sure she will, you know, Grammys and Grammys the next month, so she'll get those accolade.
Speaker 3: The amount of music she sells, the music that she writes, the facts that that that it's all over the radio, is stream. Do we respect and support her as we should as the start that she is.
Speaker 1: I don't think people do that.
Speaker 3: That's why I have the question. I don't music, yes, but as the star that she is. Now when I look at Sissa, I look at and I don't want to compare.
Speaker 1: No, I get what you're saying. That's what I mean. The way we had a we had a we had our Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige, Right, That's why I was going to compare she this generation had our Beyonce. Correct, we still got right. We've had Ariana, but this is one of those. I'm just she's on that top tier, is what I'm saying. I agree, she's one of those. I agree.
Speaker 1: Now let the record show I never said Sissa was just generations Mary J. Bliche dj Envy said that. All I said was I'm not sure we appreciate Scissor the way we should, but she is one of them, and by them, I mean she is clearly on her way to being an all time great. Like you know, I saw the comments on Shade Room in Hollywood Unlocked, and you know they were upset for you comparing her to Mary J. Blich. But if we're talking about it in NBA terms, you know you have your Magic Johnson's, your Michael Jordan's, your Larry Birds, your Kobe's. We know they are them, we know what greatness looks like. But we also know Lebron is one of them now too, and Steph Curry is one of them now too, and I believe Scissor is one of those rare ones in the generational talents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't care about the comments. This is my opinion. But just like Lebron James. People say, Lebron James is this eras Mychael Jordan.
Speaker 1: And that's why we don't give Lebron to respect he deserves, because.
Speaker 3: No, they give him the respect that he dre What Michael Jordan means to me is what Lebron means to my son. It's the same thing. My son didn't see Michael. They say, my son. I said, my son, my son, what Lebron? You know what Lebron means? What Michael Jordan meant to me because I seen Michael Jordan play, I watched his games. That's how my sons look at Lebron and that's what That's what this generation I feel, look.
Speaker 1: Which one the one that looks at him? Both of them, because because you know a lot of the younger generation, they go a little younger than Bron. They go like uh, Steph, or they go jah believe it or not. People like Paul George's game. No, logan is.
Speaker 3: Logan is twenty. He just turned twenty and he's a Lebron James fan. Even Jackson, who is ten years old, is a Lebron John Lebron James fan when he does moves, but when he shoots my son when he still when he shoots, he says Kobe because everybody says Kobe. So when he shoots a three, he goes Kobe. But he's really yeah, he's ten years old.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know.
Speaker 3: He never really got a chance to see Kobe play like that. But he still says that. But the same thing with sciss Sissy, even with Scissors Scissa is the way that Scissy is as far as soulful, the way she connects to the audience, the way she's so open about her music. The kids, my kids look at Scissor like I looked at Mary J. Blige, and I stand on that.
Speaker 1: I just think I get it. But I just thinkism you know what I mean. All I'm simply saying that she's one of those rare once in a generational talent. She is one of them. Here is that hands because we know what them looks like. Like I said, we know what Mary J. Blige looks like, we know what Beyond It looks like, we know what Rihanna looks like. We know what them looks like. She is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, because even when when a Mary J. Blige song comes on, it puts you in a mood, it remembers, It brings.
Speaker 1: You back to your memory greatest anxiety relieve on the plane.
Speaker 3: Correct, But when a scissor comes a Scisster song comes on, That's how Madison feels. She feels it puts her in a mood of whatever she's feeling or whatever she's been through. It's the same thing, very similar when it comes to those tools artists. To me, storytelling soulful.
Speaker 1: Same thing. You ain't gonna prove that to me. I'm just telling you what I feel. Stop fighting the comments the shade room in Hollywood and lot Com.
Speaker 19: You brought it up.
Speaker 3: I didn't bring it up, you brough. I didn't read the comments. Let me tell you how foul Charlamagne is right?
Speaker 1: Why watch all? I gotta be foul. I'm really the nicest.
Speaker 3: They had the producer print out the comments. I'm want to read something this comments.
Speaker 1: Let me read them.
Speaker 22: See.
Speaker 5: Let me see.
Speaker 1: Let's see how my foul. Because the producer printed out the comments. I'm just overhere with my power sign to let me see beat them. Holly unlocked the shade room. I don't know what Okay, liber Loves please stop. Somebody's ill. Will North side said, Scissor is kicking ass. Will slow down now, but she is doing her thing. No shade. Uh the Sierra shantells that she's gonna be bigger than Mary. Let's be honest. Uh is underscored freely says stop comparing artists. And Mary is married. Edgard nineteen ninety says she altsold married with just two albums.
Speaker 19: So no.
Speaker 1: Somebody else says, Sis and Mary is married. Don't do that respectfully. I wasn't doing that. Somebody said, OMG, calm down, Beavis and butt head. Somebody said, f no, siss is that girl but not married?
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: That's why you know, you don't ever want to compare. That's it's the same thing with Lebron and Michael Jordan, because then it becomes a generational thing. All I'm simply saying is they're both great. This is one of them. She is one of She's a rare once in a generation. I ain't saying she this generation is nobody. I'm just saying she wanted them. That's it.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that is your roomor report to mix this up next to.
Speaker 1: Us the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody it's dj n.
Speaker 3: V Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club again. I want to salute Joelle mb seventy six is Center scored seventy points last night, eighteen rebounds, five asist and then call Anthony Towns called sixty two points, eight rebounds to assist. And this was on the eighteen year anniversary of Kobe scoring eighty one points.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man, I watched slue to those gentlemen, it's Luthor, both of them. Man, it's Luthor called Anthony Towns and Joel embiid. I watched both of those games last night, and all I thought to myself was I'll bust both they asses, God, both of them. Easy, easy work for me. But I also want to tell y'all, as I told you earlier, make sure you go to bit dot l y slash Ford Family sc SU Scholarship to apply for my Ford Family Endowed Scholarship. If you are a student of South Carolina State University. Now you know South Carolina State University, that's my mother's alma mater. That's actually my alma mater too. I didn't go to college, but I got an honorary doctorate, you know, from South Carolina State, and you know I opened up the Ford Family Endowed Scholarship at South Carolina State a couple of years ago, and so it's open now the current sc SU sophomore senior students for Spring twenty twenty four. You must be a State of South Carolina resident, and you must major in English, our communications because that's what my mother made it. In our related fields, our studies, in mental health related fields like psychology, counseling, our psychiatry, because you know I'm a big mental health advocate man. So the deadline for that scholarship is February sixteenth, twenty twenty four, at eleven fifty nine pm Eastern. So apply at bit dot ly slash Ford Family SCSU Scholarship. I'm gonna post it up on my Instagram. Matter of fact, it's up on my Instagram right now. If you go to my Instagram, the Lincolns in my bio see the god c thchagod. So all current South Carolina State University students sophomore senior students go apply for the Ford Family Endowed Scholarship courtesy of me. Okay, okay, all right, when we come back. He got the positive notice. The Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is eej NV Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: That's Charlamann. You got a positive note? I do?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: It comes from one of my favorite Instagram pages, The Healing Guide.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I love what they discussed, and the Healing guy said, everybody talks about cutting people off, but nobody really talks about the grief that comes with having the stand firm on that decision, knowing it's not what you wanted, but what was necessary for your well being. Have a great day, Breakfast Club, Bitches, you don't finished or y'all done