Speaker 1: Hey, what if y'all it's dj V.
Speaker 2: It's the NFL Playoffs. Teams are entering the home stretch. Gold and glory is in sight, and I've teamed up with DraftKings and official partner of the NFL, and right now they have an offer. If you want to know the offer, you don't want to miss it. All customers can get no sweat bet, get a bonus bet back if your same game parlay or same game Paula X bet doesn't hit max reward limits apply. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and sign up by using promo code TBC, which stands for the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: That's TBC.
Speaker 2: And if you're a new customer, you just bet five dollars and you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly.
Speaker 3: How dope is that wondering.
Speaker 2: What you can do with that two hundred dollars on bonus bets. Combine multiple bets together for a shot at even a bigger payout. If sports betting is not yet available in your state, you can still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now. All new customers can use my promo code TBC only at Draftking Sports Book Brown is yours.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club Morning, everybody is Steve j n V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, brother Kevin Gates. Welcome back, brother, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: You look clean?
Speaker 1: My brother? You do, man, I should have did this off the hel Uh. You promised me that last time that if I brought you, uh the book that you're an autographic. Oh, you gotta put the You gotta put the one that's gonna be worth money though. Put the scenes your work need both of my books. Do that. Before the inter of you over, I got you, I got you. Why are you feeling, brother? How do I look? Amazing? Great? And amazing? I just ran them all happy in like six minutes before I came over here.
Speaker 3: Really outside in the hotel, on the trimming on the tread.
Speaker 4: Man, that's your routine in the morning. Was your morning routine?
Speaker 1: Yoga? Just movement, I'm gonna say, just movement, moving the body around, raising my frequency. Inside running is easier than outside running.
Speaker 3: Gotta deal with the elements.
Speaker 1: I like outside running more. I don't know, it's just when I'm outside. It's just like I like to be going somewhere.
Speaker 3: Twenty four degrees through outside today.
Speaker 1: I just was outside at the Lamb truck with short tun and for real, Like, that's cryo therapy for me. Like when your body, when you subject your body to cold temperatures, what it does is in order for to stay warm your bady, to kill off all your bad selves, all your inflammation and things of that nature. So it was therapeutic in nature for me.
Speaker 3: What got you into your knowing yourself and knowing your body soul?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Well, how did you get on that journey?
Speaker 1: I used to do drugs, and drugs used to make me feel good, and I believe that rehabits for quitters, so I never been to reh have So now it's like I do things that make me feel good. Working out makes me feel good. I'm addicted to it now. Before I work out in the morning, don't talk to me. I'm a grouch. I'm gonna curse everybody out. Just let me get this work out out the way and then after that, hey, I'm good. I can be of service now.
Speaker 5: You know the beauty of what you said. Most people will say that about coffee. Most people will.
Speaker 1: Say that about weed. You know what I mean. I can't talk to you till I drink my coffee.
Speaker 5: I can't talk to you. I smoke my cigarette a smoke of blood. The fact you said that about.
Speaker 1: Exercise, that's crazy that you say that those are rituals. Like my morning ritual is working out. And that's crazy that I got a coffee brand called ritual, like as far as me being one of the generals, its general's ritual. That's my coffee brand, And that's a ritual. That's one of my rituals in the morning. I gotta have my coffee. I gotta work out. I gotta get up in the morning, black coffee, cold, shower, pray, stretch, workout, and then I can be of service. But before that, don't talk to me. I'm a grouch man. The thing I love about you too, Kevin Man.
Speaker 5: And when I listen to this ceremony, everything you're saying right now reflecting the music, every like every single thing you call it medicine music.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about what medicine music is to you. The music that raises your frequency Like. I used to just play a lot of songs on Live Like because when I'm working out in the gym, I like to hear something positive but hard. So I got this one song on the called The Ceremony where I'm talking to myself and I'm like, purpose driven, I'm developing richesh you pleasure driven, you develop adjiction, elevated and ranking. My dick is not friendly. I would not be distracted by women like because I and the reason I said that is because every time you on your purpose, that's when all the distractions come. When I'm trying to call and see people, don't nobody have got time for me. Like soon as it's payday, everybody call you. They know your They just like they got a magic PingER or a blink or something that let them know that you just got some money, all your energy up. That's when all the distractions come. When you're doing you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 5: I want you to expound on that because that was one of the lines I love from Ceremony, when you said you was purpose driven over being pleasure driven. I think we're in an era right now where everybody's pleasure driven.
Speaker 1: Man. When you when you pleasure driven, you develop addictions. And what I mean by that is any feeling gonna get old to you, so you're gonna constantly be chasing a greater feeling. That's why people have become addicted to drugs or whatever they become addicted to. I done became addicted to things that's gonna raise my frequencies, such as working out, the fitness and things of that nature. So that's what I mean by If you purpose driven, and you stay on your purpose, like I said on one of my other songs, if you're looking for a micro wave blessing, it won't happen. That's right now.
Speaker 3: You also say earlier you said you know rehab was for quitters, So that's for quitters. My question is, so how did you get over the drug addiction you said you had?
Speaker 1: Is some of those negativeddictions, you know, if you go back to one of the old interviews on here, I was in here drinking lean in a coffee cup. Really yeah, I had a coffee cup with a lid on it. I was drinking, sir in an interview. Wow, I was a junkie when I had the habit or my body with ache. If I didn't have it. It ain't nothing, but heroin addiction is a disease. Yeah, of course, I don't know why people don't look at it like that. It was a disease. Yeah. So I replaced that habit with another habit. I didn't just go cold Turkey. I had to replace my unhealthy habits with healthy habits. And as I kept going and going and going, you know, I start getting into body hacks, like if you take this, it'll give you more energy. If you take that, it'll make you It'll make you focus better, like saffering, it'll make you focus. It's just like adderall if you take a sea mass and she legit and all that. So I just start getting in all that. If you drink beat you that take all the sortness out of your muscles because it's high nitrous out said. So I just got to look in at body hacks, like what could make me perform better? So I could get even greater feeling. And it's another end of journey. It don't stop.
Speaker 3: What was the test?
Speaker 1: Was it a near scare?
Speaker 3: Was it a friend of yours that was close that almost passed?
Speaker 1: What was the reason? Like?
Speaker 3: No, today's all change.
Speaker 1: I was embarrassed into working out and it was beautiful. I was embarrassed in us getting in shape because when I was fat and I had titties, when I would walk in the room, I would look for the flowers and everybody in the room and I would expound on those flows, so no one would pay attention to me. You're projected. I was projecting, so no one would pay attention to me. But when I had my shirt off at the video shoot, I'm like, yeah, I'm trap house sixy, I'm on the block six. That was a facade. I'm holding a baby, the baby trying to suck my titty. Everybody looking, they laughing, but it's one of them laughs like you don't want to you don't want me to see you laughing, so they like. And then I see the baby leaning. That's the most embarrassing shit in the world. When you holding a child and the child innocent, HI don't know no better. He reallean, the baby really trying to suck your titty. I hear, man, take this baby, and everybody fell out laughing at me, and I felt like the worst than the world. I was like, so it was anger, it was embarrassment, it was everything, and I was. I couldn't be mad at everybody because ship the baby. You know what I'm saying, They trying to suck my tea. And after that, that's what just made me say, you know what, I ain't fucked that man, I'm about to get in shape. I'm tired of being a fast slob. And then everybody watched when I got on the on Instagram and I said that before I'm like, God, just make me lose all this weight today. God, I'm tired of being a fast slob. I don't want to be the fat rapper no more. And everybody just followed my progress in my journey since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: You really worked out, you ain't. You wasn't like an Ozimpic gold medalist. You wasn't doing none of that right. Ozimpic is the shot that everybody's taking now.
Speaker 1: You know this, People that take that shot, their head be bigger than they body. You notice that the head, it looks like You're right, I'd be like, they head be bigger than they body. It looked like they be disproportioned. Even people that go get surgery, like not women, I don't know what women be there. They be looking good when they do it. But like a lot of the men that I see that go get surgery, they head be bigger than they batty, like it's disproportioned, like it's I'd rather just be disciplined because if I cheat, my white Cheetahs never win. I'm gonna hold myself accountable. Like I just come off a seven day fast right before my listening party, I ain't eating nothing for seven days, no food at all, no food at all, so just a liquid or just liquid. I've been longer than that, though, but I just need to clarity, and whenever things get too cloud for me, I just don't eat nothing. Wow.
Speaker 5: When you say rehabits for quitters are you're not discouraging rehab, are you? Cause some people in mind isn't strong enough to just quit things cold turkey. Some people need to go to rehab and have other people there to hold them responsible, hold them accountable.
Speaker 1: Quitters. But that's the point. You want to quit the drugs now, I'm gonna replace on healthy habits with healthy haveabit. I see what you're saying, because because once I started working out, that lean started tasting like drugs to me. Once I started sweating out and detaxing, my body. When I drink, I'd be like she takets like drugs and me wanting better for myself made me not want to fuck with it. I'm not about to sit around for you to come pat me in my ass and all letting tell me it's gonna be okay, Kevin, Little Kevin and nothing. That's not what the world gonna do, Kevin. So I can't talk about what nobody else going through. I gotta hold myself accountable, rehabits for quitters. I can't get up there and say, now, some baby gonna say that was fucked up. He said that. Nah, I take self accountability. It may sound harsh, but I'm gonna beat myself up so the world can't beat me up. Because the world is a cruel place. It can be a beautiful place if you allow it to be on your perspective changes. That's what miracles have. But I'm not. I don't need nobody. I don't need to go sit in front of nobody and they tell me, yeah, the first kids admitting you have a problem. I told myself I got a problem. I talked to myself. I'm in tune with myself. I'm calling twice as bigger than me. And I say that because I'm calling this female Collins female. Hey, Kevin, stop calling that whole fuck that O. You stay on your purpose. When she comes back, you ain't gonna have time for I talk to myself. People may say i'dm crazy, but I'm winning. That's how I process things. It's talking to myself.
Speaker 5: On the song Broken Men, you you talk oh my god, I can't believe. Oh, I think that this is probably your best album to me, but I'm broken men. You talk about a person who told you things would fall apart if y'all split. That's a true story.
Speaker 1: That's a true story I had on I asked somebody to tell me that if we were if we wasn't together, that everything will fall apart. You know this is some old like but they told me that, and I was like, and that affected me. I never said nothing about it, but that was kind of part of my draft, Like I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna hustle so hard you're gonna have to see me, and if you don't see me, you're gonna have to hear about me. And that was part of my motivation and in doing all of those things, like kind of like the great gas he did all of if you if you never seen the movie, he did all of these things, these great feats, only to show somebody else his worth. So I did all of these things just to realize that external things never add value, anything external. And it was like the reason I called it broken me in because so many men go through that feeling inadequate, not feeling good enough, feeling like they're owner as good as their ability, to their ability to provide and to do, And because I still feel like that sometimes, like like what can I give? Did I do enough? And things of that nature. But I hate to sound like one of them people that, uh what you call them? Them? You know them positive people that I hate, not not them, know, the ones that go hiking and ship with you. Hippies. They're your sponsor, they said, hippies accountability partner. Yeah, they'll tell you are enough people.
Speaker 3: What you mean, that's that's like a sponsors.
Speaker 1: I hate to sound like one of them, but you are enough, Like anything external does it add value? You are enough. I didn't know I was enough until I got to really know myself, and I'm like, man, I don't fly, And that's kind of like I still like the way Juror and stuff for my brother. But at my listening part, I ain't even with no Juror, and it came and gifted me with this watch I had never seen before, and then I just put it on us. I ain't even gonna wark no jeur. I am the Juror. I think of the situation like that.
Speaker 3: You know, back to what you were saying, a lot of times your partner or your friends around you should be instilling that into you. That's why you talk about positive energy and your friends in positive frequencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't have that around me coming from where I came from. So a lot of times when somebody could see your greatness, they'll say things to put these up on the same level as you, so you won't think too much of yourself because you might get away from them. And you know this is you know miss Misery Loves Company question.
Speaker 5: Was that person right, the person who told you things wouldn't work out for you if y'all split.
Speaker 1: Look at me for the moment I'm talking about In that moment, look at me, look at me trying to find in love with them. I've been thinking about you, and I can't pretend I'm falling in love home once up again, no longer looking for love out of sounds of let you in. Yeah, come on, man, we don't.
Speaker 5: We don't talk about the inspiration that women can provide like that. We just heard Rod Wave say the same thing. He was like he got on his grind musically because his girlfriend at the time was a super NBA young boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I go back and tell her thank you all the time, thank you, but not believe in him. Say I still have a good relationship, not believe in well, I don't know what she is right now? Thank you. Then what did she say when you say that to her? She cried, Dang, she missed me something serious. I'm turned up about you. I got beautiful children. This shit in our life goes on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of turned up, did you really go to a Beyonce concent and turn up in a Beyonce concert?
Speaker 1: Buck? But look, this is what happened. I paid for my nannies. All my nanni is to go to the concert. So you remember when they were supposed to come to New Orleans. So they had everybody was outside, just outside. So I'm like, oh, we're gonna go because I've been going. I went to a Drake concert. I went two nights in the road of Drake. I wann't seeing Usher, you know, I'm just on that end, like just studying all of the greats. So you know, if you go to New Orleans, it's a party outside before you even go inside. So I was bomb bomb, bomb bomb, you know, and it just it was a party outside before it was a part of inside. So that was like, I'm beyond turned. So he really turned during that time. Yes, Lord, if I come out the shirt, I love to come off my shirt. I mean, look at me. I just I love to come on my shirt. I love to take it off now. I used to hate that, just I used to wear layers. Now I can't wait to come on my shirt. You want to come out that bitch right now. You ever wonder what the titties went? You have a look at the mirror and be like, no, it was dietary issues. It was it was dairy, it was it was the day I was eating. I still like a little I still do a lit deer every now and then, but it got to be done in moderation because it'll caused you to be like, it'll caused you to have that little layer of fat like up under your nipples that men have then most men don't notice. You still got apps way up here. You know what I'm saying, And that's what tightened it up. And dips tighten it up. Also, I thought I was gonna have to get that litt fat removed. It scared me. But I noticed once I changed my diet and started working those areas, I ain't got no problem. That's what I'm together.
Speaker 3: Now back to the y'all say freestyle. BG is on that record BG and sixty rig one of the first here BG and sex rep. But this was one of the first times we've heard of BG verse. So was you and BG cool? How did you and BG link for this one? This is the first verse.
Speaker 1: I've been knowing him because he like a friend of the family, Like I got cousins that know him, like Menace. I got Booby, that's my brother, he know him. He grew up with them. And I've been knowing him for a couple of years playing, but like thirteen years. We ain't seen each other in about thirteen years. I probably know him a couple of years before that, maybe like we met like two thousand and seven eight or something. But through friends of the family, and we always have been kind of cool. But the whole time he was in prison, we always sent them pictures and looked out for him and things of that nature. So his journey was our journey. He was with us when we was in Germany. He had the pictures and everything, Like we walked him all the way down his whole big for people that don't know what that mean, walked him down his whole big. We josed him, We sent pictures to him, you know, we kept he kept his spirits lifted. So when he came home, it was just only right. It was only right, like it was beautiful. It was historical nature of me. He's a legend to me.
Speaker 3: I love the way you sound, because sometimes you know, somebody will go get locked up and they come home after a while and they got that that old flow on.
Speaker 1: But he sounds. I think he better than sound. He get up and work out every morning and everything he on his workout ship and it goes straight to the studio. So I think this situation made him better than ever.
Speaker 5: You know, you talk on this album a lot about cleaning your sins. What does cleaning your sins look like?
Speaker 1: What kind of sins, some because some some some sins people are saying, uh some some sins people will say, like, uh that you that they did something bad they need forgiveness for it. Some sins you gotta forgive yourself for.
Speaker 4: So what are those sins you talking about?
Speaker 5: Because to me everything seems like a like you said, a self awareness journey of reflection you talking about.
Speaker 1: When I say hear him clean, uh fellers floating on the top of my head, cleaning my sins, I think that's all of my sins. Okay. You know when I go up on the mountain and I ask God for forgiveness, Hey, forgive me for the things that I did unknowingly, forgive me the things I did noringly. Just forgive me, and then I forgive myself so I don't keep looping in it.
Speaker 5: What does that feel like? Do you feel it like? Do you feel something removed from you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Come off your spirit. You can feel it like you could see it right here and say, on this whole of the divine day, I hear by release all the energy that no longer serve my higher self, and you're gonna feel lifted because we impassed. We pick up on energy everywhere we go. Now, some stuff, a lot of people say that I did. They look at it as sins, But I don't look at it as sins. I look at it that that needed to be done, So them ain't the sins I'm talking about it. I need forgetting this for if I did that, I meant that because some things, you know, it just had to go like that. What you mean, like discipline, like violence? Yeah, standing up for myself, you know, because you know a lot of times people don't learn from just talking. Pain sometime has to be the greatest motivator.
Speaker 4: From what I learned, it's actually better.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like self defense is a no.
Speaker 5: And it's actually better when you got a clear mind because you know you're not projecting your pain and hurt onto somebody, so you know you're only defending yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't operate like that. But I'm big on respect, like I'm super big. I'm still big on respect because at the end of the day, that's all I have. But I leave with my respect first. But they got some people that And I tell my children this, I love y'all. I do, and I'm a great father. But some people did have to know me as a monster, because that's the only way that they will stop.
Speaker 4: I love a bird birds calling too.
Speaker 5: Man, When you say you're a polycanto big torch lighter, you say prayer is more important than exotic cause. And to me, was it intentional to put lyrics like that in a song called birds Calling?
Speaker 1: Because people will see the title and thinks it was intentional? Because like I said, I got a new coffee brand called Ritual. It's out right now, and it was beautiful because I went back to the trap, but instead of flipping bricks, it was keys of coffee. Was the beautiful thing about it. Like some people say, he's glorifying this, glorifying that, No I'm not. I'm turning the negative into a positive. I just got the key to the city and bad and ruge and I got the key to the city in New Orleans. And I never thought that what I was doing was helping people like but what I'm doing, like helping other people heal, is really me helping myself.
Speaker 5: Here, you got two songs on the album with the healing title. One is called Healing, the other one is called Orried.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you. I think you're doing amazing every song. I'm on there talking to myself every song, Like every song, I'm talking to myself.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can heal anybody. Okay, you think so? You said you can heal a woman. Yes, I think a person has to want to go get healing.
Speaker 1: I heal ship. Yes, Lord to how you start to call? At what point you know my touch is healing? But you know I heal a ship. Though. You really think you can heal a woman. I don't think I know? Can you? I think you can.
Speaker 4: Assist them, show them the direction.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a new creature when she leaves around me.
Speaker 4: You can't start with calling her a bitch, the person you're healing.
Speaker 1: That's only in private and public's bay and love and all of that. But in private, oh bitch, it's a term of endearment. Bitch, you so beautiful? Oh Lord, yes, Lord, God, thank you, God, bless the hand in preparing this meal. Were about to say, our grace. But you can't go around just healing everybody. Have a flashback now, I don't heal that everybody. Everybody don't deserve here, That's what I'm saying. Okay, everybody don't deserve healing. Because they might be here for a week, then they'll just go back to that same, that same behavior. Then I got to put them on deck restriction.
Speaker 3: Restriction.
Speaker 4: You have to put girls on a restriction, Yes, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: How long? What's the longest you ever? Did? I do? I start with? And you tell them that you're like the first offense?
Speaker 3: What's the defense?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just it depends on your you know, code of conduct is big with me. You know, to what's the cooter co? What see you? What do you have a problem with? Different? So what's part of it? Ain't that? But you know, like I believe that honesty is the best policy. Like when I meet you, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I'm gonna tell you how I'm living. This how I'm living now. If you accept it or rejected, it's how I'm living. Have you ever had girls rejected like I'm not doing ninety Reschriedule. No, they don't that, none of they don't go like that. It just they just end up being like, look, you keep on, I'm gonna put your own dick restriction so you still go out. You just no, I'm just I'm just you gonna you know, like I say, rejection is rejection is a beautiful thing. I reward loyalty with loyalty. I reward disloyalty with distance. You know, you you think about what you did. You know what I'm saying. If you're not, it's not peaceful. I'm not gonna be nowhere. That's not peaceful. I'm not gonna be nowhere that's gonna lud my frequency. That's just why I'm with it. Like I ain't trying to be you know, I ain't trying to make the blogs for you know, talking like this, but yeah, it's how I'm coming.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been on vagina restriction?
Speaker 1: Who me? Bye bye? I can't. I've already I already had it, Like you don't know Glood and Lightning both shoot out their motherfucker what I'll do? Respect, baby, But what if you got if you make an offense?
Speaker 4: What if you do something she don't like?
Speaker 1: Like what, I don't know? You already knew what I was when you met me. Damn you already knew. Like with all due respect, Like see, I don't know why I be meeting killers. That's scared to tell a woman the truth? Like when you tell a woman the truth. You give her the option, I understand is the best policy. But women have intuition. And the reason I'm truthful with a woman because it's spiritual. They are spiritual creatures. They can transform liquid into something physical, so they already know you fullishit real when they meet you, they already knew, like they know what's up with you? Like, so, babe, where you've been? Fucking baby? You don't help me? Watch these sins off me? You're gonna help me? Watch these sins? Are you want me to help you pack? Which one? Baby? Like what we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: One of the two, because you know either she's gonna leave, what she's gonna stay. So you're gonna help me? Watch these sins off you are you're gonna help me pack?
Speaker 1: I mean they already know, Like women already know what you've been doing. Like, I don't know why people think they don't women psychic. I'm not about to lie. And then God and bless me. I got too many blessings.
Speaker 6: So do you ever see yourself with just one woman? I'm with one woman right now. What at the moment, you.
Speaker 5: Know when you talk about layd when somebody's disloyal to you, how do you bring them back in your fold?
Speaker 1: Like trust?
Speaker 4: Once trust is violated, that's a motherfucker, man.
Speaker 1: It ain't it ain't gonna it ain't gonna never be the same no more. I mean, suspect eve no want to see it once? See it, forget it not once? The enemy could never be a friend. And that's just I had to. I had to cut a lot of baggage. I had to trim a lot of fat like that last the last time we was here, I trimmed a lot of facts since then, like with just the people around me, I started throwing away all of the wrong relationships, follow the right reasons. And sometimes we be lowyer to things that's not loyal to us. But that's just why I'm at with it right now.
Speaker 3: Were you a forgiving person? Were you somebody that I forgive?
Speaker 1: Like I told y'all last time, I forgive, I do, but I ain't about to forget. Let's not be naive, nobody that you just do it to me again, Like, no, that's not intelligent.
Speaker 4: You told another great story on healing.
Speaker 5: You told a story about a woman not getting wet for you no more, and you said mentally, shit.
Speaker 1: Women, women, women can mentally check out. They can mentally move on. And you know they have vaginal dry vaginal drying? Is there a rouse a fluid? Not there? No more because they just they mentally moved on. That can happen.
Speaker 4: And what are you doing a woman in that situation?
Speaker 1: You just let it go? I mean the proof is in the putting there. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's the proof is in the putting. Now, she could have been dehydrated or something because she was on the plane. But I ain't got time to be in all that. You know, you checked out, baby, it's mentally checked out. Women mentally checked out. When I had to ask my mother what that was, she said, Baby, she might have mentally checked out. Damn, that happens sometimes, Yeah, what if it is just a physical Sometimes sometimes it happens because you not being a person that a person want you to be. No, I love you enough to let you go go find that person that you say that's better than me. Can't wait? Is that hurt? Everything hurt when you love somebody? I love for real, But like nah, I can't wait to get my heart broke. I just use it for motivation. You should turn into a monster. Look at me. That's the fuel to this stagging on me. Do it some more. Come on, let's go, y'all. Ain't doing nothing but making me better. Every time I get mad, I'm in the gym. Let's go. They don't bother me. It used to people don't even make me mad no more. I used to be like, man, this nigga pissed me to nah, you just I'm just disappointed. I was gonna ask that I'm disappointed in you. You know, I really had a lot of respect for you. Here's some people that are never rerespect me. There's some people I never rerespect because I ain't about to sit up here like I'm perfect. I done done bogus shit before. I done done lame shit before everybody did. I done done whole ship before I thought that, because even though I said something and I said it in dude face, I still did some whole ship. Yeah, I said it in his face, and we followed. My grandfather put them to the side. Man, that's some whole shit you did. You did some whole ship. Yeah, you told a girl this, this and that and yeah, then you said it again cause Marin speak twice. You said it in dude facing y'all foult and all that. That's cool. Yeah you was a man, y'all foult, but you did some whole shit. Boy, don't do that no more so. I ain't about to sit up here and act like I came out to puss it perfect. You know what I'm saying. I ain't come out to puss it win or been down and all that, you know, with a pistol in my hand. You know what I'm saying. These are learned behaviors.
Speaker 3: You have a look at some of the stuff that people pick up that you've said or that goes viral and be like, they just misconstrute what I said.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, I don't really pay that no attention. I used to, like in twenty twenty one, I used to pay attention to Instagram, but once I deactivated my page for that year and a half, I ain't engaged with the world now, because comparison is the killer of all joy. Because if I say something and they might just take a lit piece of it and it goes viral, but then when you go look at the real interview, you're gonna be like, he really made a lot of sense. And that's why my mama said man, I don't even tell nobody. I know this is gonna sound weird. No, it don't sound weird. This me. I'm my authentic self. People gonna either accept you or they not, and that's just why I'm with it or nothing.
Speaker 3: What made you take the page away for that year and a half? Was it clear your mind?
Speaker 1: I was depressed. It was causing depression because comparison is the killer of all joy. I'm comparing my life to other people highlight real and it was causing depression. Once I got off there and started engaging with the world, I'm like, man, people love me. People love me. On the black top, people love me. People walk up to me and tell me, man, you changed my life. They don't really say that on Instagram. They say negative things all the time. Of course.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I seen something the other day when I guess you're talking from this two times and people, well he said this, I'm like, y'all must not know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw. I told him if have you ever seen any flaws? He said no. I said, if you do, will you please put my feet now? Mean to slam you if I do something, slam me like how No, No, blow my brains out, put my feet. Kill you kill me if I do something wrong, like I say, like I said on the other thing, Hey find me them two niggas. Find me that one that and find me the other one that can say I told on him. It's something to jail. You find me them two niggas. You can blow my mama brains out.
Speaker 4: I ain't never heard those rumors. When I heard that I'm saying, I was like, somebody said.
Speaker 1: That, No, I stand for something. So that's why I said that, you find me them two niggas, you can blow my brains off right here. I stand for something. You know what I'm saying. Find me a nigga that can say he stuck his dick in me. And find me a nigga that can say that I told on him and send him to jail. Find me them two niggas, and you can blow my brains out right here. And I mean that I stand for that. You know, because only when you when you start, when you start paying attention to the Internet, you can get lost in it. It's the blacktope that matter to me. That don't matter. That's just talk to Internet talk. And some people live their life based on social media, but if you really get out in the real world and engage with the world, the world operates one hundred percent different than this shit.
Speaker 5: And I think sometimes people like you and Finess y'all forget y'all know each other's lingos, So y'all having a conversation.
Speaker 1: I want to be honest. I could be honest with you. You never heard me address there, right, because I really don't care what nobody think about what he mean by put your feet there. Hey, try me, I'll show you. I'll show you what I mean. He demonstration is way better than verbal, so like I'll show you. Now, that's it. That's it. That's all. Like, I ain't about to address that because that's my brother. He know what I meant, and he know what I meant, and I know what he meant. So I don't see no big deal. Hey, keep me viral, fuck it.
Speaker 5: I'll be out this Friday album coming out the ceremony.
Speaker 4: Is it true Kevin Durant gave you some advice that got you in shape?
Speaker 1: To man, Kevin Durant, that's my out and the mart DeRozan and leave the shooter. I ain't know so much psychology winning the basketball. I started practicing with Leatha Shooter and I'm thinking, I'm just going to shoot the basketball, learn how to shoot the ball. Man. This dude assessed me like, like in psychology you do the individualistic approach, and he did that by just based off how I shoot. You anxious, you focus on the last, you focus on your past. Wow. I'm like, Wow, don't worry about the past, don't worry about the one you miss, focus on the focus on the prison. Stay in the prison, stay in the moment. And I'm like, damn. He picked me to pieces and it was humbling, it was beautiful like and then like with the mar De Rozan, he showed me some shit. Kevin Durant showed me some shit like it's more like playing chess than anything. And I was like, wow, So when you say fit, you meant mentally fit more than anything. Yeah. Fit ability to take effective form, That's what fits me. Now.
Speaker 4: I love letter to my fans too, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And you talk about it an attempt on that records.
Speaker 1: I made that song a long long time ago. Wow, a long time ago. And I was saying that's that's when I was going through the acting like everything was okay. On Instagram I was acting. I was pretending I'm happy. It's okay to be angry sometime, it's okay to be disappointed, it's okay to be upset, But emotionally and intelligently, how do we channel these feelings and these emotions? I asked myself, why am I feeling this way? But that's crazy that that I put that song on the on the I forgot that I put that song on there, but I owed it to my fans because I was pretending with.
Speaker 4: Them and they knew. Is it triggering to hear that song?
Speaker 1: Now? No, not at all, because it's beautiful, because that's why I was at at one time.
Speaker 3: And I always asked, how did you get out of that funk? Because there's a lot of people that listen that are in that funk and don't know how to get out.
Speaker 1: You want me to be honest, God, I was there, God like when I was supposed to kill myself. God in a vend because I ain't tell nobody I don't do that. I'm about to know. I feel like that's horse playing. I feel like you're supposed to walk in here and find me smashed in here, I'll smushed myself. That's Now that's not horse playing. He's serious. Man, I love y'all. I'm tired all that. That's horse plan. You alluding to what you about to do? Now you got to find me in here stretched out. That's the type of person I am. I feel like, if you're talking about it, you're not serious. But it was god well the intervention. If you don't mind if factor, it's so crazy. I had talked about it last time I was up. I talked about it. But I said again, for anybody that's listening right now, I had got to a point in my life too well. I was like, I don't think I'm really beneficial to nobody. No more you No, I don't. I feel like I'm just a problem. It's always something I could do better. Look, I'm just gonna get out the way, y'all. Just live out the money this shit. Everybody's gonna be straight anyway without me. It's cool. So the day that I was going, I was at the gym. I had worked out real real good, put out my jear around. I'm like, yeah, about to you know, I'm looking at myself in the mirror like, hey, hey don't chicken, Hey don't bitch out now, because you know, I talked to myself. I say, don't batch out bat you Hey, you know what time it is. Not so I'm leaving out the gym. A white dude. He just text me not too long ago, I'm leaving out the gym, and he said, excuse me, can I approach you? I say, yeah, he say, I notice I noticed you on you deactivated your Instagram and on Twitter you put this. You know, my friends and my family forgetting on my teachers. You know, I love you. All that is over with. Like what that means? I was like, I don't know what it means. So then he went on to tear me your music is the only thing that makes this crazy world makes sense. I'm laughing because I know I'm about to do something gangster. You know how you be joking you about to do some gangel but you really be knowing you really, I'm like, yeah, you know, the world's you know, the world's a cruel place. You know the world would be a cruel place, you know, trust me. I know I'm telling him like that, just kind of joking. He was like, yeah, like your music kept me from killing myself. I said, yeah, I said, I'm gonna just tell you. You're the only person I'm letting know this. I said, I'm about to go stretch myself right now, I'm about to go push my shit out. He crying telling me, don't do this because if you do this, a lot of people gonna go behind you. That's right. And I was like, you know what, I haven't told anybody. I guess I'll stick around for a little while. I walked outside and told God, I guess that's a saying. I'm gonna give it three days, and in them three days. That's when life started changing for me because I was off Instagram, I was engaging with the world. I got to see that I was really loved. I really meant something to the world.
Speaker 4: You don't give yourself three days.
Speaker 1: You give girls ninety No, No, that's restrictions. Yeah, okay, that's not that day, dick restriction Okay, okay, yeah, So what makes you want to go back on that? On this crazy thing we call social media now? Because you know social media. To be honest, I really I really don't work my page. I just oversee it like I don't work it, like I approve like the pictures. Sometimes it'll be me when the caption be real hard felt you could tells me other times. It's just something that I approved because I got to maintain my sanity. I can't get lost in that social media shit.
Speaker 5: You said something else on letter to my fans that I thought it was interesting. You said you apologize to your fans. Is that the reason you apologize because of what that guy told you?
Speaker 4: That if you do it, then I wants a bunch of people to do it.
Speaker 1: I apologize to my fans because a motivational speaker that's given great advice I wish that I could give myself. I got all this positive shit to say, but I ain't feeling positive when I'm talking that shit. That shit just sound good as a bit. Everybody want to hear that been it positive, but I'm not happy. That's how I was feeling at that time. I'm like, yeah, you know, just positive, just stay positive. I was faking it till I made it, but I really wasn't making it because I never addressed the real issue internally. I still had hard with all kind of resentment and everything from past traumatic experiences.
Speaker 5: And now that you've done that, that's how you know you're a true service. You gotta go back and face it. That was the hard part, going back and face your past. You gotta face it. You gotta face it, you gotta sit with it. And when you sit with it, it's gonna be very, very painful. Like anybody listening right now, it's gonna be painful to go address these issues because it's a lot of stuff that we keep. Like we suppressed things, and like you could suppress things for so long to one of the thing could cause you to explode or implode.
Speaker 1: It's a trigger. So I had to go back and face a lot of these things. You know, sometime things I had to forgive myself for and move forward. You know, That's why I saying that some mistakes make us great. I'm proud of you. I think you're doing amazing. How often you tell yourself that every day? Every day, every day, step inside this vocal booth, releasing all my pain. Things I deal with on a day are driving normal person. That's Sae. I correlate, gave my love and the exchange got shitting on. It happens on a daily and the progression is a testament to your elevation. Mistakes make us great. I'm proud of you. I think you're doing amazing. Were healing. No, that's right, I think you're doing amazing. Now.
Speaker 3: You said you see yourself with Kashan Rock, the people laughing and joking that you see the fact that she's so loyal.
Speaker 1: I saw myself in her at that time she.
Speaker 5: Was actually said she's so loyal, she's stupid.
Speaker 1: I could see the pain like I could see her pain. And one thing about me, somebody that's really that really has hurt before that. I know pain when I see it, and a lot of the stuff that people do that they really be hurting on the inside, they really be crying for help. And my heart went out to her because I saw her hurting on the inside. I saw that, and I ain't like to see that. Not not whatever they got going on, that ain't my business. I give a fuck less. I'm just talking about her, Like when I look at her soul, I see a lot of myself, like with the pain. And you never know what pain to make you do you.
Speaker 3: Have a look at an artist that you can see going through the pain that you went to as a new artist, say I'm gonna reach out to them and talk to them because they didn't have that og. They didn't have somebody to talk to them.
Speaker 1: No, they could listen to Kevin Gate's music and get some advice from there. I ain't got time. I'm raising children. I'm raising me in right now. I got my own children to worry about. I ain't got time to be I hate to say it like this, I have to put my oxygen masks on first. If the plane is crashing, then aid and assists others. So right now, my healing journey was so that I could be a better service to my children and better service to the world. Me going sing a lot and talk that this one individual person he got needs that I can't cater to because I ain't got the time. He gonna want more than just some words of encouragement. He gonna want to come spend a day as soon as you tell him no. It's like you never told him. Yeah, especially if he ain't never had no daddy. So if he if he grew up just dealing with just a single parent household and he ain't had his daddy, how Tupac saying when things but the same drama. When things go wrong, we blame mom. You don't know how to deal with situations. All you did is watch a woman just want but see when a man raise that. Go in there and make your bed up, take the trash out, you brush your teeth, come heah, wash your face. Yes, sir, all right, come on, let's go. I'm proud of you. Now you know if now you know, if you don't do these things, you got to take your lick. What you mean, take my lick? You got to take your lick. You can't play the game. And that's teaching accountability self accountability. And then a child be like, Okay, yeah, I gotta take my lick. If if I do something I ain't supposed to do, I gotta take my lick. We not make excuses for why you did what you did. Now you gotta take your lick home. When you're a man, stand with what you believe in. We stay with what you believe in you except what come behind it. You know, I talked to my son. He he ain't nothing but nine, but I talked to him like he grown. Because either you learn fast, you die young. If I don't. If I don't give him structure, the police donna kill him. Hm, they gonna kill him. They're gonna push your ship out because it's called the conduct gonna be off. He ain't gonna be conducting himself like a man. He gonna be you know, but you know yes, sir, No, sir, you know me? Agree me?
Speaker 4: Protect children?
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, protect children another very powerful record. What are some things you learned late that you want to teach your kids early.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not triggering. I really don't care if it is, because we all damn have been through this. That was about sexual victimization. Protect children. I treat your children like my children, like my birth children. When we was little, they used to say we was the worst children. We all been through things that at our fault. You got to work with them. Protect children. You're not supposed to hurt children. And what that is. I gave my children a place, a safe space. I created a safe space for them to communicate with me. Don't nobody never touch you that, not even me, not even your daddy, not even your mom, and nobody you know, and they have a safe space to communicate. Can't nobody get you nowhere and tell you if you tell your mam ma, imna hurt you. I'm gonna hurt you. Ay, y'all haven't seen what's up with y'all. Daddy, y'all know what comes behind y'all. So I have created a safe environment for y'all to communicate with me. And I asked my and my daughter tell you right now. I tell my daddy everything because I'm not here to judge you. We all make mistakes. We're gonna talk about what you did. I'm just disappointed a lit bit, but don't worry about that. I'm not here to judge you. I'm not here to beat you up for what you did or what happened to you. Just let me know. I don't care if you had a wreckon you accidentally kill somebody. They just say, hey, just stay there, stay there, I'm on the way. Now are you getting this car? And go? We put the body in the trunk. Come on, let's go. Always tell me the truth. I die for you, and I die to protect you.
Speaker 5: That's great advice that you tell your kids too, because as somebody who's been molested right when I was eight, saying, that's exactly what they tell you. The person that's doing it will tell you that, like don't tell your mom.
Speaker 1: It's always somebody close. It's always somebody close. It ain't never no outside person broke in the house and did this. And so when that happened, it's somebody that you trusted as a child. I trusted you, and then they speared me into all these different type of martial larws and all this because I had a fear of being vulnerable. It's led us to being violent. We ain't want to be violent, you know what I'm saying. We was good children, But that's you know, that's just the out that's that's like the side effects that come with that. It's like when I see children or women like I just and then come to find out I ain't even gonna say it, but when I talked to somebody else, I was like, man, you spot to protect her. It happened to them too, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it made me like over protective of women and children. I had to realize protecting them is creating that space for them to communicate with you, to know what's right from wrong, and communicating with them. See, we're trying to sweep that shit under the rug. Now. We got to communicate with our children.
Speaker 3: That the album is out.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got a few more questions. I can't ask me anything that's crazy. I never thought i'd speak on that well. I spoke about it on a Mike Tyson interview. You know what I'm saying, and then shout out to Mike Tyson. I loved that brother. We was talking about what made us become so violent and I shared my story with him and he shared a story with me. It was like it would turn me into a monster, and I was like I saw myself in him. At that moment, I was like, I love that man. I always was a big fan. I always loved him, but at that moment, I was like, Yeah, I love this man.
Speaker 3: What's your relationship with Jim Jones? I see you and Jim Jones talks the story when he was on Drink Champs about how you had a good relationship early on.
Speaker 1: I always had a good relationship with Jim Jones. He was fly. You know what I'm saying. And I hate to say this, like I'm not trying to be racist, but I mean this would all due disrespect. It's hard for a bright nigga. You got to be extra gamester when you bright. You know, when you bright, you know like how you know how to fight so good? Kivin because I got beat up a lot. That's why they always picked the bright nigga. They don't never pick. They don't never pick. He this dude, he ain't did nothing. Gangster. He just ugly. He just ugly. Why are we ugly? Because we talk yet I ain't talking about you. You're a chocolate nigga. Man, I'm talking about an ugly niggas an ugly nigga too. But he fixed, he would a yellow he would a yellow bitch. Gonna like yellow bitch like chocolate niggas. They don't like bright niggas. Cat, Yeah, they feel like we. But then it's rights him.
Speaker 4: Though he's bright, you ain't bright to be kept.
Speaker 1: I'm really a nigga though. You know what I'm saying. I come up in there, you know what I'm saying. I've been I've been battle tested. You know I'm approved. You know what I'm saying. You know so, But just coming up as a child, you know, being bright with curly hair. You know what I'm saying. You know I saw Jim Jones, like, man, this nigga fly, he gangster and he bright. I say that's row. You know I identified with that because it because I saw myself in him. And that's why I always been a fan of Jim Jones. It's still my partner to this day.
Speaker 2: He talks about the story he said, you refuse to sign with cash running to y'all, y'all met to you met with him.
Speaker 1: I guess he shout out to Jim Jones. I was up here in New York. I don't know if that's how. I don't you know. There was a third party, EI and Fie. I told Fee, I say, man, I want to meet Jim Jones, and FI talked to E. I and e I put it together.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they told him in the process, but I ended up meeting Jim Jones was and we developed a great relationship. When we have a great report to this day, like like that's my brother. I love him like whenever he in the city, he just holly where you at, and he everywhere. You know what I'm saying, He never changed. Ye ill be in the same way, always the same. How do I get a pair of God's slippers? Man? You know how to happen? Somebody asked me to play cards. I'm like I will, but I don't like they was gambling. I'm like I will, but I ain't got no hands. But then they saw me eating, and they was like, I thought to say, no hands, they not mine. They for God. So when I said God's slippers, everything I got on I just borrowed it from God. All I have is the little that God bless me with. I borrow a pair of God's slippers. I walked on water in front of you niggas. What I mean is I walked over all kinds of obstacles because I brought a pair of God's slippers. And I made this shit look flat while I was doing it. Adversity Bill's character. If it ain't rough, it ain't us. I borrought a pair of God's slippers, started the battery, got back in charge. Did it again.
Speaker 3: You know they don't believe that. They don't believe you started a call with your hands.
Speaker 1: You got to show somebody something I can give a fuck list with it.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you for paying homage to the holy grounds of Walmart too.
Speaker 4: Man, Oh my God, you from the South. I ain't tell you about that.
Speaker 1: No. I was in there. I was on color cold, Okay. I was hustling at the time. This is when I was living illegitimately. I was hustling at the time. What color cold is? You gotta call in and if your color come up, you gotta go piss. So I was in there buying the gloves because I was doing my thing with the gloves so it wouldn't get in my system. That's the myth that I heard that don't get in your system if you wear the gloves. And you know, I end up meeting me a little one up in Walmart. You know what I'm saying. We was at wild House, you know what I'm saying, and she ate me up in the Honda. You know how they go retireded. You've been loving Walmart ever since. I love Walmart anyway, Yeah, I love They got everything you need, that's right. You know. That's one of the DVDs. You remember, they used to have a three pack of DVDs, a six pack of DVDs. I had the lit DVD player. When I used to be in the trap, I shoot over there and grabbing a couple of DVDs. I have my Jenkins, go get it. But it's something about going in there yourself late night in the morning.
Speaker 5: That's when they used to stay open twenty four hours, especially if you grew up in the country. In the country, probably wasn't nothing is them all?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's them all. That's right. Yeah, I met a winter like you know, I met a winner in that with the lit Chinese slippers on. You know, they be in there, you know what I'm saying. You know, they got the little steppers walking around and there and stop playing. And you said you got.
Speaker 5: The Almighty on speed down, and you say, the only way to kill a god is when I called them that's it.
Speaker 1: Like, my body is my temple. Now A great responsibility to come with looking at your body like your temple. Like that's really what made me stop drinking alcohol. Like at my listening party, I had a glass of apple juice and then I told her the ball ten I had, make me something fruit and make it look like I drink, but make it just taste good and fruity booted. Make me a lit fruity oh the right fair. She's like, oh my god, I love your accent. I say, yeah, but don't put no alcohol in it, you know, but put me a lett flour on that, you know, make it look good. So I had that, and then I had two champagne glasses and apple juice and I was just walking around feeling good like everybody else was feeling good. But you know, when you say your body is your temple, come with a great responsibility. Like sometime when I need clarity, I gotta fast and clean my temple out. So the spirit of the Most, how I can abide in my temple God by the covered by the Highest. They guns hold no power to this holy temple. How you kill a God when a law called them? The only time he goes when a law called him. That's it, Almighty on speed doll. You on a speed doll. I could talk to God before I could call my phone. I could talk to God f I could call you with my phone. You on speed dog, I'm always talking to God. Before I drunk the coffee, I prayed over it. I don't know what they did to the car before they brought it to me. Everything with me is a faith move. I don't have I don't not have security because I'm a tough guy. I don't have security because I walk by faith or not by sight. I pray all the time. That's all I got. That's all I got is prayer. If not I be doing a life sentence or dead, I know this, This is a blessing for me to be sitting right here, right now. I'm not supposed to be here, big brother, and I mean that with all due respect. I'm not supposed to be here right now now you're supposed to be. God wants you here right but he got you here to help other brothers without deb You know this is God. This ain't me.
Speaker 5: You are here to help other brothers here man, and I think the ceremony is going to do a phenomenal job.
Speaker 1: You know something, You remember when I used to you know, any time I used to drop an album, I used to say things like, if you want to go get it, get it. If you don't want it, don't want that was like that fear of what if it's not good enough? This bitch good enough, go get it? Just the one? Absolutely, like if you're ready to just really just take self accountability and heal, just the one.
Speaker 3: What do you want to hear? Let's play a joint off down now? Which one?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god, my favorite? I can't pick a favorite. I like what move? Just tell me what move we in? What move we in?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Let's play healing?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I like healing. I love healing, but I also love that on that t Pain remix that I.
Speaker 4: Did, Shorty Shorty.
Speaker 1: You know like you might say this that even though I'm not your man, not my girl, I'm gonna call you my lie. Yeah, let's play both of us. Like in Louisiana, you might be like, yeah, this is my yo. Say freestyle too though time.
Speaker 4: Oh let's play both little Yeah, we play healing.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna forget my own style. Play whatever y'all got, sendy.
Speaker 3: Clean versus saym cres for sendy Clean.
Speaker 1: Man devit gates. The ceremony is out this Friday. Go pick it up. Man. Tell us what the title me? I don think you ever told what the tight teremony? Yeah, it's the ceremony that I was having with myself. I learned the love again the stranger that was once myself. That was the ceremony to reuniting with my authentic self. It's been a long journey I'm talking about from the I even told my elders I never cut my hair, and this and this and that. But it came a time when it's time to go back to original form. I was like, but I just earned a new I just earned a spotted Eagle Feather said, Kevin, you don't wear the feathers in your hair. You wear the feathers in your heart for what it's staying for. You wear it in your heart. And I was like, you're right. I cried when I cut my hair because I had a lot of trauma and a lot of the things that I went through was all of that. My journey was in my heir and I cried and it was a beautiful because it was releasing and I just feel so much lighter though. And it's crazy. The girl that dupe that braved my hair, she said, I think you should cut it. I think once you cut it, it's gonna take you to a whole other level. I say, you wouldn't the sacrifice getting paid you go to a whole other level. She was like yeah, I say, because you committed this selfless act, forever you will be blessed. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, Kevin Friday Man, Kevin, appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I love when healing, especially from black men, have a soundtrack. We need more of those, man, So thank you for making one. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: That's right, It's Kevin Gates is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Wake.
Speaker 1: That ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club