Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, So.
Speaker 2: Don't given them black the milk busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to to.
Speaker 5: I don't joy Joy.
Speaker 2: You know you love.
Speaker 3: Turn.
Speaker 5: You gotta turn.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 2: I probably got to turn the mouth water the mony cap looking.
Speaker 6: Come come out you.
Speaker 2: I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: You are listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only.
Speaker 2: Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man.
Speaker 7: I love it when I run up into people and they say that to me. They say, hey, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Then they wink at me. I know they listening. You know, I got a lot off my chest yesterday. I wanted to clean some things up. And I appreciate y'all giving me a minute because sometimes, you know, you just got to say some things out loud. Not complaining, but hey, just verbalizing, but realizing that I got to keep going anyway. And that's my words this morning to you, that I want you to keep pushing no matter what happens. I want to share something with you that's important, that's very very important. See, you have to give God something too, blessed. You know, if your prayer is asking for God's blessings, you got to give him something to work with. Now, you know, you gotta show the spirit of appreciation or gratitude. You gotta let him know that you're in it for the long haul. No matter what happens. Don't turn around. You will never ever see what the end could be. If you turn around and go back, You'll never know what the end could have been had you stuck it out.
Speaker 2: You'll never know.
Speaker 7: How good it could have gotten had you not just weathered the storm. That's the thing that gets most people. They it get tough for him, It get hard for him, and then they let doubts set in, and then those doubts become facts and the next thing you know, they give up. Had you not given up, or had you given your best, what the results or outcome could have been. I look back on my life on so many occasions where in college I wasn't giving my best.
Speaker 2: Now flunked out.
Speaker 7: Now, it's easy to look at my life now and go, yeah, but look at you now. But back then, man, it cost me for so many years that failing to finish that not giving my all, it cost me a number of years. I wish I could say that it didn't mean nothing, that it was just a blip on the radar Skins screen.
Speaker 2: But at the time it was major.
Speaker 7: And so you have a lot of decisions in your life that are happening now. You may be in your twenties, your late teens, you could be in your early thirties and it's happened. But guess what you'll eventually get through it provided one thing, you never give up.
Speaker 2: You never turn around and go back.
Speaker 7: Had I written myself off because of one failure, see, and this is where so many people go wrong at too. You write yourself off after you failed at something, the one thing you thought you wanted to accomplish, and you failed at it. Now you write yourself off as a failure. Now you go settle on into life and just see what hand you get. Had when I flunked out of college, had I written myself off as a failure, I wouldn't be here today. When I lost my carpet cleaner company, I would have written myself of as a failure. And I wouldn't be here today when I didn't become a diamond distributed in Amway or a direct distributor in Amway, even I would have written myself as a failure, and I wouldn't be here today. When I bought a distribution kit to become a distributor of the Bohemian Diet and I didn't make it, I would have written myself as a failure. When I became an Al Williams distributor and I didn't make it, I would have written myself as a failure, and I wouldn't be here today.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a list for you.
Speaker 7: When I got laid off at for a motor company and I written myself as a failure, I wouldn't have made it. Do you need some more? Because I have a story filled with mishaps. I have a story filled with failures. Couple of things now, the grace of God and his mercy which is available to us all. See that's the key, y'all, Because of his mercy, because of his willingness to forgive and to even understand why we do the things we do. In all of my shortcomings, failed marriages I'm talking about, man got it all wrong.
Speaker 2: Can't blame nobody else. It's just me. Steve ain't have it together at that point in life.
Speaker 7: I've could have written myself as a failure the first time. I could have I just could have gave up on it after the second one. And please know this is an admission. This ain't bragging. So before you start in with me, understand what I'm saying. I'm pointing out in my life a series of missteps and failures.
Speaker 2: But how I still get here today.
Speaker 7: Couple of things. God's grace and mercy is first. But that's the key, that's for everybody. See if it's God's willingness to forgive you and go, God's understanding of why we do what we do because he said we wasn't gonna be perfect. So in all of your imperfections, your creator told.
Speaker 2: You you would not be perfect.
Speaker 7: He's said to you it's out there. I don't care which one of the books you read, it tells you that. So guess what With that in mind, he has a grace that he has.
Speaker 2: It's like a grace period.
Speaker 7: It's like when you don't pay your insurance premium on the day that is due. The next day, they don't just cancel your insurance premium. They have a grace period because they ain't trying to stop this money from coming in. But when it comes to God, there's no money required. He just gives you the grace freely. It don't cost you nothing. See, you gotta tap into that, y'all. You gotta get in touch with that, because that's an important part to making it. Understanding that His grace is available. So when you make them mistake, So when you fail at it, he has a loophole in the contract with him that allows you to make mistakes, that allows you to get it wrong, that allows you to fail time and time and time again. But if you never give up, if you keep getting up, if you keep trying, if you keep striving, if you keep making the effort to go forward and not go back, God has a blessing for you, and He has it in abundance for you, and God will give it to you at the right time. But you got to be ready. Oh, I want it to be successful. But if he had given it to me back then I wouldn't have handled it correctly because I would have made some more mistakes along the way. So you make the mistakes to learn the lessons. Lord, ain't God been good to me? I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 8: Cool you're listening show.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen, let me have you undivided dissension. Please, this is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. We started off like this normally, it's no surprise. We just started off with gratitude. You got to stop this morning. I don't care what you're doing. It don't matter if you're little late. Tell God thank you, Tell him how much you appreciate what he's giving you, what he's done for you, because you have something to be grateful for.
Speaker 2: Know that now, along with thanking him for.
Speaker 7: What he's done for you, you will now open up the windows of heaven to pull out a blessing that you won't have room to receive. Because when you show him gratitude, he gives you more to be grateful for. That's a principle of success that's oftentimes overlooked.
Speaker 2: Please don't overlook it.
Speaker 7: Let's start this morning with gratitude, ladies and gentlemen. Shelley Strawberry calling for real Junior Nephew Tommy Mississippi Monica. Now let me get this out the way. Because I was traveling and now I'm back in the States. I have access to television, football games and everything. One thing I always have access to is scores, and I just want to say right now to my fellow UH co hosts Houston Texas fans, yeah, I know how you feel. Boy tried to tell you.
Speaker 2: That this feeling was coming.
Speaker 7: I had one dude from Houston told me, he said, well, we least we beat you Browns. Well wait a minute, hold up, when everybody that were talking about is at the house, who beat who?
Speaker 2: We are both our teams at the house.
Speaker 6: We went further than the Browns.
Speaker 7: Well, let me tell you something, Tommy, I'm glad you said that, because that reminds me of an old story I heard about Christianity. Three Christians was on the boat, Jesus was on the shore. The first Christian jumped in the water and he swam one hundred yards, but he got tired and he sank and he drowned. The next Christian jumped in the water and he swam two hundred and fifty yards, but he too sank and drowned. Then the last Christian jumped in the water. He swam all the way to the shore. He got ten feet from the shore and he sank and dreamed. Which one was the better Christians? I don't know what they all fell short of the glory of God.
Speaker 2: The Browns and the Texans is at the house, and that ain't got nothing to do. So glad you said that to me. You get an opportunity to.
Speaker 7: Stretch and show you some of the breathty of things that I have in my mind.
Speaker 2: Too deep, way too deep. It was an imptation to go, okay, you want something shallow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, who asked when both the asses at.
Speaker 1: The house, if Cleveland.
Speaker 7: You didn't want all of you didn't want the deep one?
Speaker 2: I got more shallow than that.
Speaker 7: No, you're good, You're good, okay, because I got one that's even more shallow than that. Now, Yeah, I just try, because of this radio show to elevate my thought process.
Speaker 2: I don't be wanting to half the time to work.
Speaker 8: In all right, All right, coming up next to nephew and run that brank back. Right after this you're listening morning show, It is time for the nephew to run that brank back.
Speaker 1: What you got for its.
Speaker 6: Neph We're about to turn your lights up. I think everybody on here has probably had their lights turned off one time or.
Speaker 2: Another about losing No, that's what Cleveland does.
Speaker 6: That's what Cleveland that's what Cleveland did after Texas beat that ass. We can do this all morning if you want. I ain't gonna beat Jim. Well, well you ain't got to beat ju But you know and down, you know.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to be We ain't playing Sunday.
Speaker 6: Well, hear my little Frank, We're about to turn your lights off. Let's go, and all the lights is off in the Cleveland stadium.
Speaker 2: Takes you. I want to know that. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Cat Hello, Hello, I'm trying to find Girod. Please get hey Girod. How you doing this? Is Mason Man. I'm the guy that turns the lights on and off if you haven't paid your bill, and I'm over here at your house. I actually getting ready to turn the lights off. But I'm trying to Uh, it's a courtagey call we're supposed to give. If people can pay their bill before we turn them off, then we collect and we keep moving.
Speaker 3: He said, he said, who you?
Speaker 4: Who are you exactly?
Speaker 3: So you say you got to do what.
Speaker 4: I'm getting ready to turn the lights off because the bill hasn't been paid. I'm getting ready to turn the power off. Are you here? You're at the house.
Speaker 3: No, I'm at work.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, listen, is there anyone at the house that can make a payment?
Speaker 3: Make a payment?
Speaker 4: The payment right now that I have is two hundred and twenty one dollars and thirty six cents. Is that right for what the election? For the electric bill? Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: No, no, sir, No, sir, no, no, there's nobody at the house, and I don't think I old that much.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I have right now, two hundred and twenty one dollars and thirty six cents. Now.
Speaker 3: See see my wife she already painted that.
Speaker 4: See okay, well they don't have a record of that. I'm in your driveway right now. I'm getting ready to turn this thing off until the payment has been made.
Speaker 3: Well see that CERT's nobody home right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if no one is here, then I have to follow through and continue and go ahead and and turn the power off until everything is rectified.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, you and my driveway.
Speaker 4: I'm in your driveway. So is there anyone here? How far are you from here?
Speaker 3: I'm at work. I can't get off right now, but you got to get out my driveway.
Speaker 4: No, no, sir, I'm not gonna be able to leave you driveway until I actually turned the power off.
Speaker 3: Can't turn my power off. I got food and refrigerator. So my kids got fish, you know.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, what do you mean you got fish? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I can be there in thirty minutes. Give you a cash right nowtht sir?
Speaker 4: What what do you mean when you say you got fish?
Speaker 3: Fish tank?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: A fish tank? You have a fish tank? Okay, well, sir, I understand that.
Speaker 3: But uh, I'll be there in thirty minute. You stay right there, don't touch nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I can't. I can't be here at thirty minutes. I can't wait that long.
Speaker 3: Thirty minutes. I'll be there with cash, and I'll tell you with a two hundred what.
Speaker 4: We don't We don't accept cash, sir. We're gonna need a money.
Speaker 3: Or I'll have time to go to I'll be there with the cash thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I can't take cash. Are you listening to me, sir?
Speaker 3: Are you listening to me?
Speaker 4: I'm listening to you. I can't take cash. I need a money order.
Speaker 3: I'll be there thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, sir, I have to cut I have to turn your power off if you're not here, I give everybody ten minutes, ten minutes where they can pay it or we can actually turn it off. Now, you tell me what you want me to do.
Speaker 3: I'm call my wife real quick, all right, real quick.
Speaker 4: So I don't have time to call you. I don't. I don't have time for that.
Speaker 3: First of all, sir, I'll get me. I might throw mess up bills, okay, first of all, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: If she doesn't mess up bills, then what the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm gonna call her real straight.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Well, sir, I don't have a real quick time. What we have to do right now is I have to do this. I have to do to turn your power off. You get it turned off now, listen. If I can come back and turn this thing right back on next week, it'll be one hundred fifty dollars pen.
Speaker 3: First of all, you need to get the out of my yard. First of all, So I call y'all, sir.
Speaker 4: I'm here because I'm supposed to be here. I'm here because you haven't paid.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call my wife to look at this state right now.
Speaker 4: I'm here because you haven't paid your bill.
Speaker 3: I'm paying you my wife pays my bill.
Speaker 4: Well, how do you know she paid it? Because you don't know it. Damn you don't know anything.
Speaker 3: What holder, sir? Trust me, my white paid the bill. It's a mistake in your system. Get out of my yard. Now.
Speaker 4: Are you at Avenue? Yeah, that's correct. But what I'm in, I'm in the that I'm in the right place, sir, And you haven't played your bill, and I've been ordered to turn it off.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, tell you what?
Speaker 4: Tell you what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be there at thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that here. I'm not gonna be here in thirty minutes. Okay, you are you? Are you? Listen? I'm turning this off in the next five minutes.
Speaker 3: And not touch My wife paid the bill. Leave my lessons.
Speaker 4: My wife hasn't paid the bill. Now, maybe your wife is out lollygaggers doing something else.
Speaker 3: Hold hold hold hold whoa whoa hold hold First of all, you keep keep out of this all right, Okay.
Speaker 4: You don't want that brought it in. That's the one that keeps telling me what she has done, what she has done?
Speaker 3: Lesson, listen, keep my hey, that's why I draw the line. I'll be there at thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Mean you can talk. I'm not gonna continue to go back and forth with you, sir. I don't have thirty minutes. I got ten minutes. You understand me.
Speaker 3: I gotta I'm gonna leave right now. I'm I'm gonna get the car right now. Okay, I'll be there thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: So I don't have thirty minutes. I'm turning it off. You can call downtown and get headquarters to turn it back on and we'll come back out here. And it's to reconnect it for one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: So I gotta come up with three hundred. Oh hell bill, it's.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and something dollars, and that it's gonna be one hundred and fifty dollars reconnects me.
Speaker 3: It's no hell no that hey, I'll get had in ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, sir, and I've told you before you have five minutes to get here.
Speaker 3: No, listen, let's listen. Let me call my neighbor real quick, hold.
Speaker 4: Let me call hold up, let me call I don't have time for you to click over and call other people, sir, Is there somebody that can give me a money or that right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right now, get your money order in five minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, who's gonna do that?
Speaker 3: I don't know how to call my wife.
Speaker 4: I told you your wife is the reason why you're in this situation.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna report you to your super You.
Speaker 4: Gonna report me when I'm out doing my job. You should report your wife for not doing what she was supposed Let me. I don't care what you say. If do you want your lights on or off when you get here? Your lights are getting turned off in the next two minutes because your wife didn't pay the damn bill. I'anna tell you, excuse me.
Speaker 3: Tell you listen. He's my wife's name, house your mouse.
Speaker 4: I tell you what you know what my supervisor would tell you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Tell me tell you that you have been talking to nephew Tommy from the Sea Harby Morning Show. You just god bright man.
Speaker 3: I was on my wedding.
Speaker 4: Your coworker got you, Josen, he got you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get his.
Speaker 9: Man Jack.
Speaker 4: No more, man, man, you had hey. I got one more thing to ask you, man, what is the baddest radio show in the Land, Come on.
Speaker 3: Man, Steve Harvey Morning Show, the Nephew Tommy.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you you. Coming up next, ask the CLO.
Speaker 8: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour. We will have some entertainment news for you. But right now it is time to ask the CLO.
Speaker 2: This show is.
Speaker 7: Before we asked the CLO, we went on commercial breaking the statement got made. We were talking about the Texans and the Browns being at home. Neither team is in it, and Tommy said, the lights is out at the Cleveland Stadium. I said that the difference is our light's been out since nineteen sixty four. We used to the dog, y'all feeling round for the switch, thinking, y'all, that's the difference between y'all and me, y'all feeling round for the switch because y'all just now gotten the dog.
Speaker 2: We've been in the damn Dog.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about Detroit right now, though, baby, because that's who I've been pulling forward. I've been grabbing Detroit boy the whole damn season long, and everybody know it.
Speaker 2: So one of my teams is.
Speaker 7: In and dog go to three Detroit them damn line, and we're gonna whip the San Francisco's tail.
Speaker 2: Call we Detroit.
Speaker 7: Now, Yeah, because we Detroit miles straight up out a cleave baby.
Speaker 8: Okay, back now to regular programming. This is as the clo Renee and Hampton says. My boyfriend was forty five minutes late for our first date. He had car trouble and spent all of his money to get his car towed. I paid for our food and we've been together for a year.
Speaker 1: He has treated me like a queen since then.
Speaker 8: But my friends call him a deadbeat and think that I can do better.
Speaker 1: Do their opinions matter.
Speaker 2: Not at all. You just said the magic word. He's treated you like a queen every since.
Speaker 7: And what to your friends because he's a dead because he messed up on the first date they happened, but after he recovered, you saw what type of guy you got.
Speaker 2: Quit listening to your lonely friends.
Speaker 7: Them walls ain't got nobody, dead beat, dead meat, no meat, same thing playt.
Speaker 1: Okay. So they're vegans, all right.
Speaker 8: Moving on to Ronda and Conyer's Toronda says, I did a five kate walk Sunday morning with my husband and we've been training for it separately, And when we got to the park, I met his workout partner Tracy. She gave me a half smile and weak handshake. Why didn't he tell me about Tracy?
Speaker 2: God? I just walk What is you taking a hug to the park?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she went there.
Speaker 2: I should have walked downtown. So she gave you a half smile and a weak.
Speaker 1: Hand weak handshake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, what de Brush should have did was he judged should have just broke out and started walking. This is not the time for introductions. Yeah, Well, why he ain't tell you about Tracy? No, because because you the road in That's why. Hell, if he'd told you about Tracy, you'd wrote in a long time ago, but he tried. He didn't want you to know about Tracy because he didn't want you to write in on the show. Well, now you know that's why he didn't tell you about Tracy, because he knew you was gonna act like this, and he was correct.
Speaker 8: What was it was Tracy that was like the stay? Yeah, Tracy was acting, sang not not the wife.
Speaker 2: Right, I didn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't. I ain't saying the wife is wrong. I'm not saying that at all. But he knew you was gonna act like this, of course.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, that's the way I want to hear about Tracy.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna tell you, in my life, I ain't met too many ugly Tracys. I'm gonna be real with you, most traces I didn't met Tray sag. What about Charas Sharnas, I ain't never really met a lot of Sharanas.
Speaker 2: I know some really really nice.
Speaker 8: Saronda, Charanda's nice and Cracy fine, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: As hell? Hell?
Speaker 7: Yes, hadn't already been training?
Speaker 2: All right? All right?
Speaker 1: Moving on?
Speaker 8: Moving on to Raina and Indianapolis, Reina writes, I slept with my sister's husband before she met him. I gave them my blessing, and the rest is history. It's hard for her to understand that I don't want him, and it's awkward when the three of us are together. Why can't she leave the past in the past.
Speaker 7: Well, she's right, it's hard for her to imagine that you don't want him now when you wanted him near.
Speaker 2: But let's reverse this.
Speaker 7: Let's just say you're a woman and you a man, and you meet the man's ex and y'all start hanging out know gooding hell well, he had her before, you know good and hell well, and he know that. So now why is it that you know she ain't trying to let it be. She ain't trying to be because she knows and you're her sister.
Speaker 2: Right, that's closed.
Speaker 7: But she told her though, right, Yeah, she did the righteous thing, and she's probably right. The sister that slept with the man before, gave my blessings and was cool with it.
Speaker 2: Let it go. Now to sister can't let it go. She need to let it go.
Speaker 7: She need to let it go, because your sister's probably honorable at this point.
Speaker 2: She was honorable because.
Speaker 1: She told you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wanted to be stak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she told you. Hey, look we slept together. I just want you to know it didn't work out. Well, I love him, moping do your thing, boo. Now you want to keep bringing it up. You got to let it go. You gotta let that go.
Speaker 1: The sister's over it, one of the sisters anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she over it now. I understand what. The wife ain't over it.
Speaker 7: Understand that, But it's awkward when y'all why y'all still hanging out flood.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna hang out with your sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna hang out. Why are here?
Speaker 1: Here's her husband.
Speaker 7: What he needed to he made to get on out in the backyard. And boy he's in the basement play you know, PlayStation.
Speaker 2: You know he got stuff to do.
Speaker 7: He got stuff the game. Yeah, going downstairs, Man, take your computer, you know what to do. Get your self Busits.
Speaker 8: All right, glast one, Steve Wayman and Irving says, I've been married.
Speaker 1: For eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Say Raymond or Wyman.
Speaker 8: Wyman with the w Come on, I've been married for aboy, I've been married for eighteen years. When my wife gets home from work, she gets a glass of wine and goes to sit in her closet for about thirty minutes. Then she comes and greets me like she's seeing me for the first time.
Speaker 1: What is going on with her?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she tied them white folks down at her job. Yeah, she tied their white folks down to her, their white folks down at her job. She got give me a glass wine sending his closet and had to myself because I didn't have this mask on all day and I need to I need to drink this wine so I can take this mask off and come in here and deal with it now. For everybody's gonna get upset with what I just said. I said I stand on that. I can promise you them white folks, and got on her nerves down at that job. And everybody hearing me know what I'm talking about. Everybody hearing me know exactly what I'm talking if you're white hearing this for the first time, this is how we feel when we get home, all of us too much, too much. Sometimes there's wine, sometimes there's weed. Some of us sometimes it's crack. Sometimes it got too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you just never know. I'm just letting you know that's how I feel when we get home after your ass all day.
Speaker 1: Top of the hour, We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 8: We do want to send our condolences again to the King family on the death of Dexter Scott King. Dexter Scott King was the youngest son of doctor Martin Luther King Junior and Coretta Scott King. Dexter passed away at age sixty two after what is being called a quote valiant battle with prostate cancer. Martin Luther King, the third stated that the family was shocked and devastated and asked for our prayers for the family. Doctor Bernice King said, the words cannot express the heartbreak of losing yet another sibling, and our prayers, of course are with the family.
Speaker 7: Let me say this to me and listening, this prostate thing is very very curable. Prostate cancer when you catch it is curable. I don't know the six situation with my brother Dexter at all. I don't know or how late stage he caught it. But there are screenings out there that you can do for early detection. Charlie Wilson called his You can catch if that PSA number is high. There are precautions you can take before you get it. But you have got to get these prostate exams. They could do it now a lot of different ways. But now if your doctor insists on doing a physical exam with his finger, I know how brothers feel about that, but brothers, it's five seconds. God can save your life. You have got to get your prostate exam.
Speaker 2: You have got to.
Speaker 7: It is important because prostate cancer can it can be fixed. You don't have to feel so badly for the King family because he probably called it too late. But if you go to your doctor yearly and get an exam. I was going every six months. Sometimes I'd have to make two appointments in a row because the first day of life that don't see me right away, I go home because I'm just sitting there waiting on him to do that to me.
Speaker 2: Was a bit emotional for me. So I make two appointments in a row. But I did it.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: I've had a PSA nomber that was getting up there a little bit. Then I fixed it with diet and stuff like that and got myself on track. So please, brothers, get to a PSA test, get to prostate examine examinations in you can save your life.
Speaker 8: That's right, good message, Thank you Steve for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: All right, we're going to switch gears here. As we reported last week, I think funk legend George Clinton got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Yeah, congratulations to him. Have you seen the pictures from Friday when he was honored. He was surrounded Yeah, he was surrounded by members of your fraternity, Steve Omegasi Fi and tons of celebrities. George Clinton is eighty two years old now, and he said quote, this is an honor to receive this star. Chegar honey iced tea. I'm so emotional, and he was proud. He was emotional, and he was very proud. And Uncle Charlie, Charlie Wilson will get his star on Monday as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, I know who over the committee in charge in charge over there. Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: It ain't never too late, all right.
Speaker 8: Well, last year the first ever Super Bowl with two black starting quarterbacks, Patrick Mahomes led Kansas City Chiefs to the Super Bowl, and quarterback Lamar Jackson led the Baltimore Ravens to the Super Bowl. So who are you hoping to see at the Big Game this year?
Speaker 1: It was Philly.
Speaker 2: It was Philly, l.
Speaker 1: Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was thinking Philly was going to be back. But make no mistake about it. I have been cheering for the Detroit Lions the entire year, the entire year. Yes, Detroit, boy. Let me tell you something. Boy.
Speaker 11: We quip the forty nine ers claiming I probably had to go to the Super Bowl break out one.
Speaker 1: Of my old kings of comedy. What are you gonna wear?
Speaker 11: I gotta break out one of the king comedy I gotta break yellow something yellow.
Speaker 7: I got to go out there. I got to go beat Detroit. Yeah, I might even have to go up to Broadway, bind me one of them. Chiller Third come up in there looking.
Speaker 2: Like Frank Lucas.
Speaker 1: By Denzel.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something. The only thing could give me more joy. If the Cleveland Browns was gonna be in the super Bowl Detroit, boy, you what, he wanted to.
Speaker 8: Stay, that's who I want to win. Well, he's not playing against anybody, so he will join the super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: He's already want.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yes, Shirley going, she wanted to watch the concert. Then, yes, it be a game.
Speaker 1: Isn't halftime yet?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you were rooting for Detroit, Detroit. I'm about Detroit.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jaltimore, Baltimore. I want to see Lamar.
Speaker 1: Lamar is no show.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about crushing no game, call it, call it he quiet and fellas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm excited too. All right, you're gonna you're well, you're gonna have to be all right. All right, y'all. The ones ain't played in two weeks were fine.
Speaker 7: If you ain't playing in two weeks, one week, you ain't playing this week, air show week, last week, this week, the whole thing matter. One of them teams there and guess why you ain't there, Baltimore man.
Speaker 2: So here we go. That's all we beat. We beat Cleveland, that's all I know. We we beat how seven day? How long that last? Seven day? And then you got your ass step don't.
Speaker 6: Last seven days? Us beating Cleveland? God last all the way to the next season. I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: You must morning this. I've been bob had this. I've been practicing this since nineteen sixty four. You can't win, all right, some civil rights struggle right now.
Speaker 8: Coming up in twenty minutes after the our Madonna get sued by some angry fans.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning Show. Well, two angry Madonna fans have filed a lawsuit against Madonna after her celebration tour in Brooklyn began two hours later than it was supposed to start. According to the lawsuit, Madonna's December thirteenth show began at ten thirty pm instead of eight thirty pm advertised time. So Madonna's being sued for false advertising, negligent misrepresentation, and deceptive trade practices. The lawsuit notes that the same thing happened at the December fourteenth and December sixteenth shows Live Nation. The Barclays Center and Tours Promoter are also named in the lawsuit. Do you think, Steve, do you think Madonna was laid on purpose? Has anything like this ever happened to you at a show?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been late for a show?
Speaker 7: I would just like to say to the two white people that's fitnis assume Madonna. Are you familiar with lauryn Hell?
Speaker 2: We need lawyer.
Speaker 7: We're used to oh somewhat. Have you ever been to a blues concert with Little Milky?
Speaker 2: You know what are you talking about? God Almighty? I sue that we were two hours late.
Speaker 7: We're suing the boys. Sit down, some damn well. You know what, anything can happen all them other people in that stadium. You know anything? Bro, bro, Bro, that's not see that's pain and suffering all that you want to have? You ain't fitna get all that? Go sit down some damn well. Now, have ever been late for a show? Yeah, that's sometimes we have to wait and let the crowd fill up.
Speaker 11: You know that, we you know, we hear we hear about an accident report out on the road and if it slowed up stuff, we hold the house for that.
Speaker 8: You know, I can't see you two hours late though, that just.
Speaker 2: Something. No, I ain't never done that, but you know, and and Madonna stuff happened like.
Speaker 6: If we behind two hours Hall of Beard and came to my show, we're two hours behind.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, iks ah inside voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry. He knows, what's just because what what?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 1: M Well, we don't dreams.
Speaker 8: We don't really know why Laurence Hill was two hours three hours late for show because.
Speaker 1: She wasn't now.
Speaker 7: M lord, lord, he'll start getting dressed as showtime at her house.
Speaker 8: But you're not saying it's okay to keep the people waiting that long. You're not thinking's rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's unprofessional and I think it's disrespectful. Yes, because people paid their hard earned money to see you the best show you can give them, and you owe him, you owe him the respect. These are your fans, right, I understand you angry, but you're not gonna get in the show.
Speaker 9: I'm vo.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you guys. Coming up next, Sister Odell will be in the building.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show? All right, she is here, ladies and gentlemen, you here, pay head, you.
Speaker 9: Come on, treated you babe, Oh my law sheeez YbO say.
Speaker 2: All I do is pray interviews.
Speaker 7: Good doing it every once we get one day out of revival. You know I wrote that song right there, this call pray, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Shirley Carle in Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Junior boy Thomas High, y'all.
Speaker 8: What's going on today morning? I don't know if you were listening, but we mentioned you know, George Clinton is right from the Funkadelics and all y'all, Yes, ma'am. He just got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. About time, Yeah, eighty two years old. Eighty two I knew, I knew his daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh did you?
Speaker 8: What was it?
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 7: Clinton had a big hit up back in the day called a thoms Cat. Why almost I feel like that? Why almost?
Speaker 9: I chased a rat cat.
Speaker 3: In me.
Speaker 2: Hig Old hit a lot of people brought back out in the projects.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh, okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 7: This God was so happy for him, you know, he thought he's a member novel or Magacy, Omegacy fact, you know Omega the Praternity thing Steven, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 8: He's doing big things. Charlie Wilson gets his star on Monday, Uncle Charlie.
Speaker 2: That's another gold one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: His daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 7: You knew he got you, Charlie, Otis Wilson, Otis.
Speaker 2: Wilson.
Speaker 1: How did you meet him?
Speaker 2: That was back for I got saved, you know?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, and I came out of his apartment one night and that's when the hit was born.
Speaker 2: You got me hump and.
Speaker 11: Night.
Speaker 1: Oh babe, babe.
Speaker 8: Oka?
Speaker 1: What about that laugh? Uncle Charlie had? Did his daddy have the.
Speaker 2: Oldis had no old web? Yeah? He wasn't as talented as Charlie. Not from the singing.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: He wasn't talented in his singing. He was talented and bringing.
Speaker 1: Two different things, totally different.
Speaker 9: We have clarity.
Speaker 8: Now you're getting ready for the super Bowl, the playoffs of course at first, girl.
Speaker 11: You know detruit is in that thing. Yes, the super Bowl if they beat the arm hum they beat the San.
Speaker 7: Francisco team, Yes, yes, I ain't never like them San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I didn't like. I don't like nothing out there about that city.
Speaker 11: But you are for Detroit girl all day I was pulling for everybody had a black quarterback.
Speaker 7: Jalen hurt, hurt me, lamarshy on in it. But we don't want to bring that up. Hey, Junr and Tomas. Okay, okay, what little turtle? Okay, what what you want? I know you don't want none of this, him saying your place.
Speaker 2: Then you tried to tell you what.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna last long, but you didn't believe that. You thought you were gonna be killing the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: You're that what you're thought.
Speaker 11: It's over with, It's over He told you we're gonna be over You ain't want to listen.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to respect you. Ain't got to try a boy. You're gonna gonna do what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Say it.
Speaker 1: Be careful, be careful, no no, no, come on, bring and find.
Speaker 7: Out something about your little self. I know something about you. You don't know careful.
Speaker 8: Since we gotta go, sorry about this by.
Speaker 7: The time we need to get out of here. Because Thomas didn't get into the feel what I don't know, I know, I know secrets. He don't know nothing about law.
Speaker 8: Jesus we bring phone calls right after this you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is can we please close the door first? We'll find out what that's all a bit and just a few but right now, sister Otell is still here.
Speaker 1: She wanted to him that you.
Speaker 2: Know I'm here because you know I'm a I'm a party this show.
Speaker 1: We want, Yes you are. And now it's time for.
Speaker 2: Uh Thomas and to do what he does best, which is prank.
Speaker 1: Now, the name of this prank that he's been to do us hot checks.
Speaker 2: At the church.
Speaker 7: I have asked this boy to quit calony, church folks prank, but he's a he's a little persistence with him, you know, and you know, surprised to pay for that.
Speaker 2: That's why can't I don't untouched. We don't like pranks, Thomas, is what I'm trying to take you. Why is your tone going up? While we tell you know?
Speaker 1: His hot checks at the churches?
Speaker 7: How chtch down at Target, it's hot chicks down at the grocery store. It's hot checks at at the at the at the department store, it's hot checks that dealers, it's hot checks every we listen.
Speaker 1: What did you talk about hot checks after church fall?
Speaker 2: Hey man?
Speaker 1: Ask you sometimes?
Speaker 2: Have you ever written a hot check yourself? I have, I've written a hot check before.
Speaker 1: Well, Tommy hot check at talk about that.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't want to prank Tommy. I'm the pranker, So that don't make sense. Do you want to others as you would have him do?
Speaker 2: Unto you?
Speaker 7: You don't want to prank Thommy, but Tommy wants to prank everybody else.
Speaker 2: Maybe sister Oldal need to be prank wish you would. I wish you would. I wish you would.
Speaker 1: You don't want this.
Speaker 2: Come on, You're not gonna know, sisterem.
Speaker 1: But what I find out, though.
Speaker 7: I'm saying I can't get prank, what I'm saying is after you to prank me where you're gonna live, I'm coming for you right there. You got to ask you to leave Catchbok alone. Now you come to one that top text people in the world today, It all.
Speaker 2: Be over right you to be over weeks. Jemmie, here's the prank he wanted to do again, high catch down at the church.
Speaker 6: Keep on here, Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach a Monica. Sister Monica, please, this is uh brother Deshaun. I'm calling Actually, I'm a member Greater Commissionary Baptist Church.
Speaker 13: How can I help you?
Speaker 2: Calling you actually about the offering?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Did you I know you paid your ties my every Sunday? Okay? Now you paid a love offering as well? Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now this past Sunday. I'm looking at a check that.
Speaker 13: You left us with the bank, right right, I sure did ill check sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now the check, ma'am was two hundred and fifty dollars, I correct, right, right?
Speaker 13: I wrote two checks for my ties and the love offering. Right, I wrote the one for two to fifty for the love offer?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 13: Now what is this called regarding why are you calling me?
Speaker 6: Well, what I wanted to tell you is that I hate to be a very bad news, but your your check that you wrote for two fifty actually has bounced.
Speaker 13: And wait a minute, you said my check bounce for two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Your check bounce.
Speaker 6: So what I'm doing is calling you about recouping the two fifty as well as you know you you cost us thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: In bank fees. Back.
Speaker 13: Wait a minute, now, I wrote two checks. I wrote a check for one hundred dollars. Did that one bounce?
Speaker 6: I don't see to it that that that one bounce. All I know is the one that the love offering has bounced.
Speaker 13: What did you put them in at the same time? Because I wrote them at the same time.
Speaker 6: They all go in on Monday, ma'am. Now, I didn't put them in at the same time. I've been putting them in for the last two three years. The problem is why would people write there, what is your name? Brother Deshaun?
Speaker 13: And you was at his Sunday?
Speaker 1: I was that.
Speaker 6: I don't think it matters. And when I was there, ma'am, the problem is is that I didn't put these checks in. And I don't understand why y'all write these checks to the checks.
Speaker 1: Knowing that they're gonna bounce.
Speaker 13: Write these checks. There's a lot of people right, good, well not write bad check?
Speaker 7: One clear?
Speaker 13: Why the other one didn't clear?
Speaker 2: Maybe you didn't have enough money for both of them to clear.
Speaker 13: What did you just say?
Speaker 2: Maybe you didn't have enough money in the bank for both of them to clear.
Speaker 13: I don't understand why people write these plenting money in the bank and all my checks clear. I don't write no rubber checks.
Speaker 6: Well, you wrote one on Sunday, and that's the problem. How you're gonna try to give a look?
Speaker 13: Use Wait a minute, I think you got to be confused with somebody else. I don't write no bad check. You done wrote that to be nice to you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be nice to you.
Speaker 4: Win them.
Speaker 2: Can we expect the two fifty plus the thirty dollars?
Speaker 13: So we wait thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's the bank fees, ma'am for the dog gonna check bouncing.
Speaker 13: My check didn't bounce. I'm gonna check my bank and if my check clear, you're gonna pay me thirty dollars for calling me harassing me about a two hundred and fifty dollar check bounce.
Speaker 2: I don't write no Why would you write check? You want to sit up in the church and write these big number of checks when you know you ain't got it in the bank.
Speaker 8: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I said, why would you write these checks when the money ain't in that?
Speaker 13: Let me tell you one thing. I don't write no bad checks, and you got a lots calling me telling me my check bounce.
Speaker 2: Your check is the one that has bounced.
Speaker 13: And you tell you what you do since my check bounce, you paid them, since you got all the money, And don't call me with this again.
Speaker 4: Hello, don't you hang up on me? No, mom?
Speaker 2: When are we gonna get this two fifty and this thirty dollars?
Speaker 13: Somebody from the church, to my eye, wrote a bad check. I don't write.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't write a bad check.
Speaker 13: I didn't write no bad Yes. Minute, why are you calling me? Why the treasure? Don't call me at church?
Speaker 2: The treasure is.
Speaker 13: I ain't ever know that, deacon, call nobody about no bad check?
Speaker 3: The fuller?
Speaker 13: Thank you? You got the money?
Speaker 1: Who in the hell is that in the background?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 5: If a mine?
Speaker 3: Who it is?
Speaker 13: We both go to the same church, and you gonna call me to my I rode a bad check? You don't you call me no more? And if the check bad you paid?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Past to know you talking like this?
Speaker 13: You pastor know you calling me?
Speaker 3: Can you ask for that?
Speaker 2: Look? When are we gonna get this two hundred and eighty dollars? Is what we're looking for from you?
Speaker 13: I wrote a check for two fifty and way not get to eighty. You put the thirty dollars with it.
Speaker 6: You put two fifty in there. It pounds thirty dollars cost us on bank fees. That's too eighty. Where can the church expect they money?
Speaker 13: Never not no two eighty. You will never get to eighty.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make me come by your and my check.
Speaker 6: Then I'm gonna do what You're gonna make me come by your house and get this money.
Speaker 13: Bring it on, bring it, bring it.
Speaker 2: What is the address on this check?
Speaker 4: Check?
Speaker 2: I got it off the check.
Speaker 7: Bring your on.
Speaker 13: I bet you you'll be lipping.
Speaker 6: Back and I'm watching you. You better not be spending no money nowhere. You bet not spend nothing until I get this to fifty thirty.
Speaker 13: Whatever I want to do, you know what I am. And you don't call me no more with this because my check did not bounce. I don't see how one check went through and the other bounce.
Speaker 6: Let me say this to you, we cannot accept you back into the House of the Lord no more until you are not.
Speaker 2: Don't you come in Sunday until.
Speaker 13: Weekends coming up and there Sunday, and I'm gonna make sure I find your because you the person I want to see. You're gonna and you know what, I'm gonna call the pastor right now and ask him because I don't believe my check bounce you fuller.
Speaker 2: Let me say this before you call pastor.
Speaker 13: I got No, I'm a call pastor. No, you should have talked with pastor before you call me with this information. I got one more thing I need to say that You ain't got nothing to say to me. You done upset me with this talking about I bounced a check. You should have went to pastor before you called me with it.
Speaker 6: I talk pastor one I get, But I got one more thing to say before I leave.
Speaker 2: But you listening?
Speaker 13: What what do you have to say to me? What do you have to say now that you're gonna.
Speaker 6: Pay the This is Nephew Timmy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: You just got pranked by your girlfriend?
Speaker 13: What did you say?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 13: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I say?
Speaker 6: This is Nephew Timmy, Baby from the Steve Harvey Morning Tell your girlfriend has pranked you.
Speaker 13: He just left here flying her.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one more than though, baby? What is the baddest radio show.
Speaker 13: In the land The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Nephews people, Okay, now, alright, but he didn't know the hot chick.
Speaker 2: But he don't want to mention that. Well, I'm sure you and Steven wrote one. I mean everybody wrote a plenty of hot.
Speaker 1: Chicks pleasing all right, clean up? Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: How out before that was check books, So I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sister Odell.
Speaker 2: I ain't never had no hot check but i'd have to counterfeit honteds.
Speaker 8: Before coming up next Strawberry letter, the subject can we please close the door first? We'll get into that find out what that's all about.
Speaker 2: Right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, works, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours, so buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is strawberry. Let up.
Speaker 8: Thank you, nephew. Subject, can we please close the door first? Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm married to a caveman and he invades my space all day, every day. We've been together for eight years and married for four years. We work from home and we were sharing our home office until I moved my desk into the foyer to get away from him. As soon as you walk in our front door, my desk is right there. It looks junkie, but I'm willing to endure the mess over having him in my personal space all day. When he's not working, he's on the phone gossiping with one of his friends or co workers, and he talks so loudly that I can't get work done. I've asked him to please keep the door closed when he's on calls. He won't do it, he said, when he's closed, the room gets cold. I want to go rent office space elsewhere, but my company won't.
Speaker 2: Pay for it.
Speaker 8: The funny part is that he knows he's dancing on my last nerve and he doesn't care. He uses the bathroom with the door open, and he loves to strike up a conversation with me, so I've banned him from using the toilet in our bedroom. He has to use the one down the hall. Since he does not know how to shut doors. I usually walk down the hall sprang air freshener as I go. He thinks it's funny. Last weekend, his sister and her new boyfriend stayed overnight with us. My husband still didn't close the bathroom door. He left it cracked when he used it and said it's his sisters, so it's no big deal. When we went to bed, I locked our bedroom door since we had company. We ended up having sex later that night, and right afterwards I noticed that our bedroom door was cracked once again.
Speaker 1: He said that the.
Speaker 8: Room is colder when the door is closed. I'm sure his sister heard us having sex. Why is my husband like this? And can he be fixed or not? I don't know your husband. That's a question really only you can answer. You've been with this man for eight years, so you know him better than anyone. He didn't just start doing this. I'm sure this has been going on for quite some time. You know, you talk about him invading yoursel and talking loud and gossiping and leaving doors open. All that the big question is why, I mean, why have you put up with it for this long? I mean, and why doesn't he like to close the doors? No one needs to know what's going on in the bathroom but the person using it.
Speaker 1: Period. This is rude. I mean really, this is really rude.
Speaker 8: It's not funny, it's just nasty. It has nothing to do with temperature, with it being cold. If it's too cold, he could put a coat on, he could put a sweater on, whatever, you know, to warm himself up. Well, what is he talking about. I don't even get that part. It's not sexy. I'm surprised you can even still have sex with him after smelling all of that. You walk down the hall with air freshener. I hope you bring some of that air freshener to the bedroom. I don't know, ew ew ew ew Steve, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know what to say about this letter.
Speaker 7: First of all, I would like to say, on behalf of Shirley and myself, we we do not care at all. We don't we don't, we don't care. There's nothing in this letter that I care about. I don't care about your husband. I don't care about these doves over. I don't care about you being mad, And let's just go down on the letter so I can show you why. And nobody listening to this letter cares. I'm married to a cave man. He invades my space all day, every day. We've been together eight years and married for four years. We work from home, and when we're sharing our home office until I move my desk into the fourier to get away from him, we don't care. As soon as you walk in out front door of my desk is right there. He looks junkie, but I'm willing to endure the mess over having him on my personal space all day.
Speaker 2: We don't care. But he's not working.
Speaker 7: He's on the phone gossiping with one of his friends or coworkers, and he talks so.
Speaker 2: Loud that I can't get the work done. We just don't care.
Speaker 7: I've asked him to please keep your door closed when he's on call. He won't do it, he said.
Speaker 2: When his closed the room get too cold again. We don't care. I want to go rent office strace elsewhere, but my company won't pay for it. Well, why should they? You work from home?
Speaker 7: Hell, if you work from home, that's because they don't have a job for you down at the office, so how would they rerint you an office face? Now they don't care, they're not caring about you, and your husband is going all over the place right now.
Speaker 2: The funny part is, oh, right here, here we go that this is wild light up while love with.
Speaker 11: People who don't do comedy start writing a letter and want to introduce me to comedy. The funny part is here we go that he knows he's dancing on my last nerve and he don't care.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, manute, hold up, we don't care. The people at the office don't care, and now he don't care. All we need is for you to join in and not care and we'll have.
Speaker 2: Succeeded the complete circle.
Speaker 7: He uses the bathroom with the door open, and he loves to strike up a conversation with me. Now this is the part where I do care. Now see now you've got put out. This is the funny part to me. When he used the bathroom, he don't.
Speaker 2: Close the door. You need to buy a beepy cos.
Speaker 7: She need to buy a beefy coming every time he in that with the door over, he should walk off by just shot. Don't shoot him in the face or nothing like that. Just in the body, you know, because you have your knees on your yeah, your elbows on your knees when you're in the bath, when you be reading the magazine. It's five be being a stomach or something.
Speaker 8: Hang on, Steve, we'll have you hurt more.
Speaker 2: Well, but don't nobody really give a damn of.
Speaker 8: Your response to the Strawberry letter. At twenty three minutes after the hour, Today's Strawberry letter subject.
Speaker 1: Can we please close the door first? We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening hard morning show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is, can we please close the door first?
Speaker 2: Well, this is a letter if nobody cares when we find out, we don't come in.
Speaker 7: Shelley, don't care about this letter. Tommy said something to me on the commercial bre he don't care about the letter. Nobody cares about this letter. That they married a couple of work from home and she'de moved her desk into the foyer because she don't want to share off with him because he worked from home too.
Speaker 2: After COVID, we don't care, he talks on the phone all day, gossip, been talking loud with coworkers. We don't care. I've asked him to keep the door closed when he on calls. He don't care. We don't care, he say. The reason he do it is because the room get too cold. He won't do it.
Speaker 7: Then he anyway, I want to go rent the office space elsewhere, but my company won't pay for it. No, that's why they call it working from home. See, if it's called working from home, why would the company rich you from office space? You ain't working from home?
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 7: Hell if they didn't want to. If they wanted you to work now from home, they had you come back down there to the company. But they don't want to down that. The company would prefer talking to you from your house.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think a lot of people like this lady. Any part the funny party is then she tries to introduce compedy. Funny party is he know he's dancing on my last nerve and he don't care. So now he don't nobody care anyway, So I banned him from using the toilet, and now also he don't. He used the bathroom with the door open, and he loves to strike up a conversation with me. So I banned him from using the toilet in our bedroom. He usually the one down the hallway. Since he don't know how to shut doors, they usually have to walk down the hallways playing air Fresh Nails. I go, so he in the hallway with the door. Okay, let me just explain something to you, because this let us get more and more ridiculous. His sister came and this is what her new boyfriend. And my husband still didn't close the bathroom door. He left it cracked when he usually said his sister, it is no big deal. What sister might not say something. I'm tell you what the new damn boyfriend. Yeah, he coming back over there because I think he can't believe his the new boyfriend. Anyway, when we went to bed, we locked our door since we had company. We ended up having sex later and right afterwards I noticed that our bedroom door was cracked once again. He said that the room is colder when the door is closed. I'm sure his sister heard us having sex. And why is my husband like this? And what can he be fixed? A UT, I don't really know what's happening with him. Your husband has some he some help. He has lonely issues.
Speaker 2: He got to be.
Speaker 7: Around somebody all the time. Your husband may be a bit of an exhibitionist because he like everybody to see what he doing and hear what he's doing all the time. The boyfriend definitely said something that he probably gonna break up with your sister after this. And I don't really know what's wrong. I don't know why you married him, and I don't does he have any good qualities at all? So I've decided to just do a reenact. You know what's going on. I'm the husband. I'm in the bathroom. Surely you the wife, and I got the door open and I'm using the bathroom.
Speaker 2: What you can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can hear you, and I don't want to honey. Would you please just close the door. I don't need to hear it.
Speaker 2: I can't reach your door. Oh me, God, hold up, hold up?
Speaker 1: Not this again.
Speaker 2: What did you put on them boxtails?
Speaker 1: F they were fine?
Speaker 2: It's not that.
Speaker 7: Can you try don cooking book about my will be talking about your cooking?
Speaker 1: I tried. I don't like the angle. Close the door, very very stop calling me?
Speaker 2: What going help? Two tiles and hill.
Speaker 1: I can't help to you too much.
Speaker 2: Very what if you wanted to fixed pools have to draw you throw it in Hill?
Speaker 8: Stop having anywhere near you and close the door. No, that's my good spoon, No fastic.
Speaker 7: Don't get the one spoon gonna instead of retless fool to throw it cooking.
Speaker 1: Close the door. You're on your own.
Speaker 11: Okay, I closed and told how you're gonna hear it. Give me a hot couple of coffee. I need, I need want coffee in here.
Speaker 1: No you don't like my cookie?
Speaker 11: No, so you ain't got to cook the coffee. It's just I got some folgers in there. Get a couple of coaches. No hold up, don't get the bringing back to where a house in Hill? I didn't matchwell? Hoppy down the coffee.
Speaker 9: Right back?
Speaker 2: What baby? Frame me some raisin breads favor from your glass and.
Speaker 1: Brood your hair up.
Speaker 8: I'm calling me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe what's happening in Hill?
Speaker 1: I don't want to know? Close the door, rayless, pray, what is that gonna?
Speaker 2: Don't I know you know what that pregn.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming in there.
Speaker 2: Glass, I'm not a mus got that new ray elevate you.
Speaker 1: Comments.
Speaker 8: Come ahead, help me leave your comments on Today's Ignorant Letter on Instagram and FM on the free iHeartRadio app. Coming up next, it is Junior and Sports Stop after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show? All right, it is time now for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: What you got Junior? Well, you know, Shirley, listen, I know I know we were not in it.
Speaker 2: You know that we got you. Thank you we have. Don't bring it up no more. I'm just saying, you know I ain't bring it up. You just not you just not knowing he did what he did. I just don't want you giving him a pin.
Speaker 7: Y'all turning on each other, y'all don't know how to move. Listen to the burn on each other. Stay together. We in Cleveland, we were we Cleveland fans.
Speaker 2: We stay together. Listen, man, don't just break y'all up. Y'all have man. Listen to me.
Speaker 7: The Texans they're gonna do this to you again. To look at bills fans. Look what they gonna do. They they even get there of you. At least the Browns know not to get us there.
Speaker 2: Don't even take us through the pain. Bills get them then every year and then they have soup owl and everything. Man, Just go ahead, you.
Speaker 1: Know whether for the Browns.
Speaker 14: Don't get y'all do want to sign Joe Flack go back again? You think that's a get idea for the brown They want to bring Joe flacko back.
Speaker 2: Oh dog, yeah he might as well.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: He gave us hope. We don't. We don't care what.
Speaker 1: Joeors old.
Speaker 2: De Sean Watson what.
Speaker 1: It's the same result every time. Damn got it? Shine?
Speaker 2: Who you want to sign? Wein eleven games, lose five? Give us hopes?
Speaker 1: All right up, we know now you're booting for Detroit.
Speaker 7: Man, if Detroy, get for Detroit ninety two point three the mixed baby Detroit all day long.
Speaker 14: Now if Detroit where you said you go have to go to the super Bowl? Hell yeah, Now it's a chance you can take me with you to bowl.
Speaker 2: Now, I gotta take somebody to go. Dress like a pill. You ain't.
Speaker 14: It's mandatory, name and everything.
Speaker 7: I need that you'll got stuff from city Slickers and Broadways in the closet I got. I got to have somebody shopping, mister Alberts, I got to have somebody shopping Evergreen. I got somebody shopping walk de Troy. I gotta have people like that. Man, you ain't gonna you're gonna do right now. You bought Judge Matthews, Yeah you got Yeah, Judge Matthews. My boy, uh Ed Gordon, Ed Gordon dressed like three pimps. Want the cat to the super Bowl? In the cat, Steve Harby, George Mathews and Gordon, Yeah boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three four times yeah.
Speaker 1: Even the neighborhood of Wards.
Speaker 14: He dressed like that every time I saw pull up in the Cadillac and get out at the super Bowl and have magic.
Speaker 2: Don wrong with us?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you your coming around.
Speaker 8: Tell him from the truck coming up at the top of the hour, Steve. A woman needs to know spending time with the rich old man is against the rules.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show, all right, Steve. This is from Jamaica. In Jacksonville, Jamaica, says I'm a forty two year old home health nurse and I'm married. A new patient of mine has mobility problems, so I check on him three days a week. He lost his wife during the pandemic and he's lonely. He offered to pay me extra to bring him a steak dinner and sit with him while he ate it. I did it for free because he's a sweet man. He keeps on offering more and more money for me to stay and have dinner. Is it okay to entertain him as long as he's not being inappropriate?
Speaker 2: My answer, you don't think he gonna be inappropriate.
Speaker 7: But then again, you know he got mobility issue, So right there, you can get out the house. Yeah, well, all you got to do is be quicker. Sounds like you quicker. You got mobility issues, you know. But now he's offering more and more money. Now come on, now, come on, he like it, and you know you went. You did it the first time for free because you're a nice person.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you ain't gonna you're gonna keep off of me, no money to sitting equal because we're finna be sitting up here and eager if the money sitting don't get that.
Speaker 2: Dam I don't know, sister.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't do it if I were you, because you're questioning this, and I think as it goes against the things that you really.
Speaker 2: Are and about.
Speaker 7: And once you take your money, then you're gonna be open to what's coming next, because it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be more with it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: See the offering more and more money to come sit with him and eat. Why why you got to keep offering more money?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Should she tell her husband what's happening.
Speaker 7: Oh, you're gonna go over there and beat his immobile ass. If you want your husband, you think he im mobile? Now you're gonna go over there more.
Speaker 11: You got to go check on him daily after this, because after you're gonna if you get your ass beat you already immobile, you're gonna be You're gonna mess it.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to go. You had to go set him on the toilet and set him on the bed and all this here. Yeah, you're gonna be full of time now he'll no, I don't tell you hull your Oh I ain't gonna care. Nobody be an immobile push he's right out on the street in that chair. Oh all right, I'm just telling you now. You just can't tell your husband now because he not he about to immobility part.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna hear that. All right, Oh, you're gonna go outside, come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: We have time for another one. We're gonna move on.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: This is from Anika and dearborn who says, my ex husband popped up at my house and our son let him in. I got out of the shower and he was standing. He was sitting in the den. He smelled good and was saying all of the right things. All I had on was my robe, and he said he could see how much my body missed his body.
Speaker 1: Then he blew me a kiss and walked out.
Speaker 8: Was this some kind of a game.
Speaker 1: Whoo he cold?
Speaker 2: Don boy, come on dog, I mean.
Speaker 7: Kiss and walked out. He tested the water and the water was warm. It's all I could tell you. You had that rob bone. He looked and he smelled good. You didn't say you was married. You and little boy let him in because he wanted daddy back anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know that. Yeah, he put that roll on.
Speaker 7: You know you sitting up in there and you know, and then he can say, I could tell by your body how much your body has miss mind.
Speaker 2: So you know what you know what that means doing? And then.
Speaker 7: There walks out gangs the move right there. He bet Now next time he come over and blow that kiss, it'll be aimed at something. So get ready yeah, yeah, y'all might not get back together, but y'all, y'all in them you y'all, y'all gonna send that boy to his ruin or something.
Speaker 2: Or for that.
Speaker 7: He went over there to test the water. He came over there and knocked on the door. The little boy letting me and this is that he let me. You was coming out the shower, you put a robe on. He was sitting in there dead, looking good and smelling good. Told you he looked at your body until your body missed him. Lewjah kiss and walked out the door. Now cool, he was denzil or what you think he was over there for. He didn't know the little boy was going aheads of the damn though.
Speaker 4: With the.
Speaker 1: He looked just like interest.
Speaker 2: Okay, interous.
Speaker 1: So he is playing a game.
Speaker 8: He is trying to get with her, that's what you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, playing on this was a morning just saying a game, just a move. He made the move. She bent come over there again and see what happened. All right?
Speaker 8: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show, all right, guys, check this out. Twenty year old Nick Dunlap is the sophomore at the University of Alabama and on Sunday he won.
Speaker 1: You said, did you see this, Steve? He won?
Speaker 8: You saw the American Express Golf tournament at the PGA West. But he couldn't collect the million and a half dollar prize because he's an amateur golfer. That's why he's an amateur golfer. And because of his age, he can't have the million and a half dollars. It'll go to the runner up that's a pro golfer from South Africa.
Speaker 6: The American Express Unlimited and let me swipe my hands off.
Speaker 2: So you saw it, Steve, Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 7: But what I had to fix that because right when I saw I won the tournament, I will walk out and go I'm now dropped out of Alabama and I'm declaring that I'm a pro and you can have me my money because I'm declaring.
Speaker 2: I'm a pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: See they have they see they have nils. Now you can get in at there. You can high school students making money now on college sports, so golf is not exempt from that. Why are you going to school? You going to school to make money. What job he finish get pay a million and a half?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was in good spirits though, he said he learned he was grateful to be there.
Speaker 2: Great. What yeah he said that man?
Speaker 7: You think you glad because you're grateful you watched him hand you your first million point five?
Speaker 12: All right, it's not fair. He should should have changed his status when he role to play.
Speaker 1: Y'all met me in the tournament.
Speaker 9: Hey, yeah, all.
Speaker 8: Right, coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we're going to play around him. Would you rather right after this you're listening hard morning show? It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather a tooth falls out every time you lie? Or would you rather you gain two pounds every time you lie?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just I'd be just just wake bad ass happy. First, I'm going with the fat really teeth ragged in mouse and to fall out at But why are you lying? You got along from home last night?
Speaker 1: I said, if I was.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather never eat fried food again? Or would you rather eat never eat seasoned food again?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I never eat fried food again? Fried? Let it go here? No sea you've had, you've had greens go without season and oh my god, no, no salt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can see sodium, I can see that, But salt brings out the flavor. Yeah, the taste of the food, all right.
Speaker 1: Candy and popcorn at the movies or would you rather a full dinner and drinks?
Speaker 2: What at the movies? I want the dinner.
Speaker 1: I want both.
Speaker 2: To have popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of like popcorne at the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got movies has changed now, it's different. Yeah. I've gone to a d den theater. Ye, menu, waitresses.
Speaker 1: Everything, Yeah, yeah, I love it. Press that button all right.
Speaker 7: But when you look down cutting your food and you look up, you to miss something, you can't run it back.
Speaker 2: You ain't so dark, I'm calling. Yeah, all right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather go to a Dolly Parton concert or would you rather see Purple Rain on Broadway?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go to that Dolly Pardon concert because I know what that is. I know what you fin see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want them doing nothing at that Purple ain't up on Broadway that I am not familiar with.
Speaker 2: I just I can't do it, y'all.
Speaker 1: I know an you're not familiar with you know the purple Raine sound.
Speaker 2: I know what it's posed to sound.
Speaker 1: You think Broadway is going to change it up.
Speaker 2: I'm not going I know.
Speaker 7: I know people say Broadway change. I ain't been in a while, but I tell you what I saw rent on Broadway. That's what ship and saw Oklahoma. Oklahoma was the musical on the cruise ship. I was in this across the aisle from this fat Italian dude. He had the shirt button down to his neighborhood about eighteen chains on. So I got up and went out in the hallway. He got him, came out right behind me. He said, what took you so long? I said, excuse me? He said, I told my wife, when the black guy leaves, I'm going with him.
Speaker 2: I knew you weren't going to sit through this. I was just waiting me and him with Cassil.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's rounded.
Speaker 8: Would you rather We'll be back with our closing remarks at forty nine minutes after the hour, right after you're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, here we are last break of the day, and you.
Speaker 7: Know where surely have some special clothing remarks they're probably gonna need all the time, because I need Junior Tommy to help me with this clothing remark. I just want to talk about losing because losing is a part of life and in order you learn how to win when you lose. Michael Jordan lost to the Pistons, Michael Jordan lost to the Lakers. Michael Jordan lost to the seventy six. Michael Jordan lost to a lot of people. But at last time he lost to Detroit, he got Scotty and everybody and they was in the gym the next day. Today finally got themselves in shape and they finally beat the Bad Boys. Now, I don't think the Bad Boys from Detroit got enough credit for being the great basketball team that they were. For them damn boys, Isaiah Thomas, Rick Mahon, Lambert, Joe due Or, Michael Wave, Vinnie Sally Rodman. Them boys was about the business man. Them boys was about the business. Now, Steve, where are you going with this? Because my two co hosts just lost this weekend and I just want to share with them. Man, you're looking at a man, your uncle Tommy and your adopted uncle Junior and mentor has lost so many times. I have more losses than wins. But you got to focus on your win. You only need one win, man to make you great. You only got to have one deal that hit that erases all the deals you've ever lost. Now y'all don't know how to win yet, and you don't know how to lose because the Texans just got it turned around.
Speaker 2: You a new franchise. Y'all used to be the Houston all.
Speaker 7: Erst, But now, brothers, I just want to tell y'all hanging there, it's gonna be a few more losses before you win. Y'all starting to look like the Buffalo Wills to me. And I just want y'all to prepare yourself from a man that has been in Cleveland all his life, and I just want to share with my young brothers, it's gonna be a lot more losses.
Speaker 2: Before you get some more wins. So get used to it.
Speaker 7: You're right there in Texas. You ought to know how to lose by now here. You're right up there next to Dallas. I just wanted to share with y'all some of the things.
Speaker 2: At least at least.
Speaker 7: Your quarterback ain't one of the highest paid quarterbacks. And as a matter of fact, your quarterback is one of the lowest paid quarterback, and he still got y'all to the playoffs, and he looked like he has.
Speaker 2: A great future.
Speaker 7: He's a god fearing young man and he's putting a belief in the texts that's going to rally and help y'all have hope for years. But just like y'all right now, this weekend coming, you sitting right up here at your house, just like I'm sitting up here at my house, and I just want you to know something, man, that you might be losers in the football game, but you could be winners somewhere else. Now once you get the winning though, fellas, I want you to know that they gonna come for you because you know, the thing I've learned to about being a winner, I ain't never had nobody talk about me that was doing better than me. I want you all to prepare yourself. I've never had nobody doing better than me was talking about me. Everybody that's ever talked about me was not doing as well as me. And you'll find that as you become a winner too, because both of y'all are winners right now.
Speaker 2: And look at you. The only person that's talking about y'all is me.
Speaker 7: You just negated everything I'm talking about you because I'm trying to grow you. I'm talking about losing with a purpose and how to handle it. Look at Tommy's career. Tommy's on the radio, a TV star, Tommy got game show, Tommy got a relationship show, Tommy got a stand up career. Tommy got movies under his belt. So what you're worrying about the text flaunt well, junior, Look at you, man, Look.
Speaker 2: At your life.
Speaker 7: You're on the radio, you got your own weekend radio show, you got a stand up career. You're a father, you a husband, and you a grandfather, and you're doing a bang a good job of it too.
Speaker 2: Look at you, man, you support so many people in your family.
Speaker 7: You're the first person in your family to start a mass in generational wealth. That's greatness. Man, it took a lot of losses to get here. I mean, when ain't nobody know you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeahog nine people coming to your show going dawn. His headline way is way back there. Like she said, I don't know what kind of clothing is it. I'm just teaching you how to handle the losses. Look, man, they've been talking about me for years. I'm so battle tested on the Internet. I'm just I done.
Speaker 2: Got used to it.
Speaker 7: Man, don't even worry about it, because nothing they say on that internet can stop anything God has for you. What God has given me and shown me and made me can't nobody stop that except the Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Ravens watch and so as we pressed forward. The joy that we all feel right now.
Speaker 8: Stretch.
Speaker 2: It's because we are all on the radio representing a team that we are all pulling for right now. Them Damn Detroit Lines. Baby, let's go Lines.
Speaker 7: Let's go Detroit, and Detroit know how to lose. They've lost for years and years. This could be the year if we shot the forty nine ers. My ass is probably going to the Super Bowl. I'm gonna wearing King Comedy suit and some block.
Speaker 2: Coatgats go back. Those are my clothes. Remarks today. Hope you enjoyed them.
Speaker 7: Oh really, we dance and talk to God because I don't want it. Do nothing you got to say? I see all of them are everybody.
Speaker 3: For all.
Speaker 8: Steve Harvey Contests. No purchase necessary, void, We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise dated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.