Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building. He's back, Vivik Ramaswami. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you. Man.
Speaker 3: I'll say your name right this time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. It's vivec like vivic like cake. Okay, Vivik, you got it. Well.
Speaker 3: Last time you were here, you were running for president. That's right in that ancient past, ancient past, but six days ago.
Speaker 1: Must have been feels like an eternity of this.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but now your your roles have changing and you're no longer running for president.
Speaker 1: That's right. So for people that.
Speaker 3: Don't know, why are you not on that run anymore? What made you pull out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, the people of Iowa spoke loud and clear. I got about eight percent, which I started at, not zero percent, but I started at zero point zero percent and we made it to eight percent in Iowa. If you looked at who were the second choice to Donald Trump and Iowa, so if he weren't on the ballot, I would have been number one. But the people spoke loud and clear they wanted not only in America first candidate, but they wanted the one who they voted for before, and they want him to get back in there and get that job done. And So for me, the first moment that it became clear that I was not going to be the next president, you know, absent terrible things happening in this country that we don't want to see happen, I pulled myself out of the race, gave support to Donald Trump. And I think that's the right thing for the country, is to allow the people of this country to make a choice. It's the beauty of our country. It's not a monarchy, it's not an autocracy. The people of this country get to decide who runs the country. And the people spoke loud and clear in Iowa.
Speaker 4: And so that night you said you was number one behind Trump.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, among second choice to Trump. So among the people who voted for Trump, who would be who would be their second choice? That would actually have been me. Yeah, America first, right. And I don't use the word Republican anymore. I think that label has lost its meaning. I think the Republican Party, I think both parties really need to rediscover who they are. But the movement that I'm part of and that I was aiming to lead, was one that says, we put the interests of American citizens first. America first includes all Americans, but we put our interests, our citizens interests first. Anyway, I got about eight percent of the vote. Donald Trump got what well over fifty percent of the people who voted for him. Most of them would rather see me than anybody else, but they were crystal clear about who they wanted to see representing that movement and representing this country in the White House. And so that night we were prepared to go to New Hampshire. I could tell you for a fact we were not in the head space to drop out. But we saw the results come in, we were going to go to the campaign office. Instead, I just took some time with my wife. We went we had an apartment in Des Moines. We took about twenty five minutes. Try to look at it every which way. We're squinting at you know, different statistics that would say, okay, here's the path forward. Then we just took a step back and said, all right, what is what is God's plan here? It has revealed itself and it doesn't include me being the Republican nominee for US president. Personal money close to thirty damn yeah.
Speaker 4: Out of your own potez.
Speaker 2: And so what happens with that money is the tax tax right off or it's gone and it's gone. Wow.
Speaker 1: And I've donated, I mean, I've gotten in the habit of donating my money to charitable causes over the last you know, five years or so. After we've done I mean, we've done well in this country. I didn't grow up in money, but I also have been pretty clear. I think the inheritance we want to give our kids is in a bunch of green pieces of paper. We see what that has, what that does to people. It's a country that is the same one that allowed me to live the American dream that I have. And so we were looking at this charitably for a while. Is there a way to be philanthropic? Is there a way to be a political donor? I put all that to one side and said, the best way to do this is to actually put your effort and put your not just your money where your mouth is, but your effort where your mouth is. And so the biggest sacrifice we made wasn't the money. I mean to take a year doing what we did. My wife is the hero of this story. To tell you, the truth is she was. She's a surgeon at a hive state. She did not compromise on her schedule wants. She's one of the few people in the country that does a special form of throat surgery where most of the people she's treating they haven't swallowed food for years. She's one of the few people in the country who does a surgery where she can actually fix them they can swallow food after years of not having swallowed food. And early on in the campaign, I mean, we know this is going to be grueling. We looked at different options. Should she change her schedule. She was pretty firm, and I respect her for it, saying that these are people who depend on her for doing what she does. But she's going to go all in, side by side with me without compromising on her career and what she's doing. That's excellent for people that depend on her. And we made that work. And so with two kids, one is about to be four years old, one is about a year and a half old, the sacrifice of actually put in the effort in was even I would say more significant than the financial investment.
Speaker 4: What's the most you ever lost in just an investment in life?
Speaker 1: Oh, the ups and downs on a given day or even in a given month would be greater than thirty million, just based on how the market goes. Yeah, so it's within the it's within if you look at it. Actually, that makes me feel better when you put it that way. It's within the margin of error of how it goes. But I'm not one of these people that is, you know, trying to hoard and figure out how many of the green piece of paper can pass on versus what's the point of generating wealth if you're not actually using it to advance your own convictions? And so if we've gone deeper in this race, we were to put more in as well. So it wasn't a financial decision, but it was a decision that the people of the country had spoken, made their well known clearly. There's many ways to change the country, and I'm all into yes, what I believe is good for the country, and we'll do that. You know, whatever way we can going forward.
Speaker 3: This will make money for you. I'm sure you write a book. I'm sure you'll be ANALYSTOK.
Speaker 1: I don't really make serious money I've written. I've written best selling books. I mean the They're not needle movers for me. But I've written books because I care about expressing the ideas in there. I don't particularly care to monetize this experience. I mean, if you, if you're sitting in my shoes, you would sort of understand, you know. I mean some people politicians have come out give you, you know, give speeches and make a million and a half bucks on a given year. We put thirty into this campaign without really thinking about it, you know, in a big way. And so I'm not I'm not in this to monetize the experience. But I do want to make sure that what we began, which I do think is a different movement outside of the traditional bounds of the Republican and Democratic Party, but I believe could be a vehicle to unite the country, continues, And so I'm not going anywhere. I haven't decided what I'm doing next.
Speaker 3: What's your relationship with Trump?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a good relationship, mutual respect from time actually from time to time, yeah, I mean, especially over the course of this campaign. I met him a few years ago when I wrote my first book, Wokink. We ended up having dinner, and I think, to both of our surprise, we actually hit it off. I didn't expect to. I don't think he expected to. And so since then we've been in touching. Over the course of the campaign, we've obviously gotten to know each other pretty well, and so I'm going to be as helpful as I can to him and.
Speaker 2: Hopefully make sure. Well.
Speaker 1: It's because the public impression of what you see of the man, right, it's filtered through the media.
Speaker 4: Public impression.
Speaker 1: So I'll just give you so one of the things that struck me well, I mean, I didn't buy that stuff, but what I would say is that he's not detail oriented, right, Like you get an impression of a guy who's just floating out around in the clouds. But the people who do the real work must be other people. And that first dinner we had, I was actually pleasantly shocked by him going into the details of different deals he had done, each of the trade deals, and I pressed him back and forth just because I wanted to get a feel and this guy, definitely on the things he cared about, was pretty deep in the details. And I'm a details guy too, and so I said, oh, okay, That's interesting, right, because the public perception, and this is back you know, even before this presidential run, was some guy who was running some type of chaotic, bumbling White House didn't necessarily have a handle for the details. I'll tell you on details relating to US funding of NATO, specific country's obligations, one of his trips to South Korea, and the details of how he actually negotiated some of our arrangements over there. It struck me as a guy who's looking after the United States interests like it's his business, which I thought was impressive and interesting, and so that made me want to continue to at least Okay, this is somebody who I can actually converse with over time. I think he was probably surprised when I started running for president, but I think over the course of the process you running each of the candidates, I've gotten to know I would say pretty much all of the candidates pretty well. And my relationship with Trump has been positive. I think we respect each other.
Speaker 4: One more question about your business.
Speaker 2: Are you worried that you know, people hear your political view, your ideologies on things, and he think that it'll you think it'll impact your business in the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So That's why I stepped down from all of my businesses before running for president. I think that so this is just me speaking for me, not for anybody else. I think if I was elected president, I would have divested, And if I ever do become president, I think the right thing to do is to divest all of your holdings so you're not thinking about what advances your business interest. I'm speaking for myself. Yeah, and so I think that that's what I would do if I were the president. And it also is actually better for your businesses too, because one of the things I did even before running for president was all the boards I was on either stepped off or went on hiatus, nonprofit for profit, across the board because I saw this actually happened to me a few years ago. So my first book was I think I gave it to you last time we were here. I can't remember. Woke, Inc. Was my first book. I was a biotic CEO here in New York City back then, and you know, I was minding my own business, wasn't really involved in you know the kind of stuff we're talking about today. George Floyd died. There was the demand that every CEO, including a demand of me to make a statement on behalf of BLM. And you know, I looked at the website the Nuclear Family statements. I couldn't really get behind dismantling the Nuclear Family structure. I didn't think it was the job of a business to be waiting into this anyway, and so I decided not to make make a statement and said, you know what, our business is unified in the pursuit of medicines to treat patients who need them. And that actually, surprisingly that statement generated a lot of controversy. Multiple advisors to my company resigned about six months later. And so back then already I had the lesson learned. But either you're going to speak your mind freely as a citizen, do it separately from your business interests. And so I actually stepped down from my job as CEO back then to write that book. But for me, that was kind of an early warning anyway, that you don't want to mix business and politics. And so I stepped down from all my jobs as a CEO, stepped off all the boards before running for president. If I ever become elected president, were to have become elected president, I would have divested across the board voluntarily. And I do things a little bit differently than other you know, business people might be advised to when they're running for president.
Speaker 4: Do you go back now that you're not running, go back, meaning to business? Do you go back on some of those boards?
Speaker 2: Do you go back?
Speaker 1: I got to think about it. You know, it's been only a few days, and it has been a long time, Charlomane since I have been in a position where I actually had a clear card, you know what I mean. So I want to take advantage of that and the few times I've been in that position before. I can be a restless person. But one of the things I've learned is taken at least a breath to understand. And I'm still you know, collecting and processing everything that happened over the last year. I mean as a life experience, it's a hell of an experience. I mean, the kind of people you've met, the way you've changed as a person through this process. I still want to process that and land that first before I decide what exactly comes next. But I think whatever it is, it's going to be focused on having the impact on the country that I wanted to have going in and we're going to figure out what.
Speaker 2: That is you have to explain something to me, right, because when I watched the GOP nominees with the exception of Chris Christy, and always thought, how are any of them, you know, ever going to beat Trump if they're not even willing to challenge Trump? Yeah, anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say that I do have about ten percent of policy areas where I'm different from Trump, but that was that wasn't actually ever going to be the difference for me. The case I made to the voters was if you like Donald Trump's policies, but you want a leader from the next generation, with fresh legs who can reach and lead the next generation of Americans, Nobody's going to do that. Like I am forty percent of our donors to this campaign, and we had whatever six figure numbers of small dollar donors. Forty percent of them were first time ever donors to the GOP, and most of them were young, actually many of them were young. And so we're reaching a different generation in a way that nobody else in the Republican Party, including Trump, really was, And I also do think that's what's going to be required to really take our America First movement to the next level. So that was the case I made to the voters, and I think a lot of people found that resident. A lot of people love that who ended up voting for Donald Trump anyway, say we love you. But for now, this is still Donald Trump's turn to get his job done that he wasn't able to get done fully the first time around in one term, when you know they bogged down as presidency and everything else. I mean, that was the clear message from the voters. But that was the case that I made. Every other candidate had their own, you know, shade of lemonade that was slightly different, But for me, it was if you want the same basically the same policies. In some ways, I'm going far further than Trump did with that America First agenda. But if you want the America First of the future, then pick the candidate of the future with fresh legs coming in from the outside, unencumbered and able to reach the next generation. And I would have been the youngest president ever elected if elected.
Speaker 4: But why vote for the second rate version of something?
Speaker 1: Why don't think it's second rate?
Speaker 4: The reason I say the second rate is because y'all act like.
Speaker 1: You said, the fresh, the fresh version, which y'all.
Speaker 4: Don't act like that though y'all act like Trump is keen like, and you'll act.
Speaker 1: Like I disagree with that. Actually, I mean, you saw Donald Trump and the late phase of the race. You know, we had some we had some healthy friction, and it's competition. It's in the heat of competition. But I don't I don't bet the need anybody.
Speaker 2: Man, Cause when you look at the numbers in Iowa and you see that about half the Republicans did go out there and vote for the Santists, voted for Nikki, some even you know, voted for you. So clearly there's some Republicans looking for something different. But it feels like, yeah, everybody was too busy trying to either be Trump's VP or buying to be for a position in Trump's cabinet.
Speaker 4: Some of y'all just looked like Trump's lackey.
Speaker 1: So I can't speak for the others.
Speaker 2: So it's hard to look at you as a leader if you're moving like a lackey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think I disagree with that characterization. I mean, I think that the right answer to the bottom line is Donald Trump, I think did advance a lot of the right policies for this country. He kept us out of war and grew the economy. So I don't disagree with the policies one bit. But the question is how do we actually reunite a country and reach a next generation on that basis? And I ran for president because I thought I was going to be best positioned to do that. Not as anybody's lacking that's some Republican Party pawn lackey, not Donald Trump's lackey, not anybody's lackey, but as my own man, reaching the next generation, honestly speaking hard truths that nobody else was able to speak in the campaign. Yes, that's what I was doing in the world. Well, I think a lot of I mean you could, you could think Chris christ Chris christ So, Chris Christie was lobbying Donald Trump and licking his feet about three years ago, after Donald Trump's first term.
Speaker 4: He was, and y'all doing a lot of looking at the feet.
Speaker 1: That's I disagree with you. That I just I just disagree with you. I think it's true for some people. I mean, these people have been asking all the politicians in this race have been asking for money and endorsements for Trump for years and then Monday Morning quarterback, in some decision he made you know Chris Christie, he was a lobbyist. And by the way, this is a side point. I don't think any politician should be allowed to be a lobbyist for at least ten years after they've left their position in government. But this guy ends up becoming a lobbyist on behalf of special pharmaceutical clients in New Jersey for coronavirus cash from Donald Trump, licking his feet doing his debate prep while lobbying him, and then suddenly decides and has an epiphany, this after Trump's first term, for God's sake, decides is going to make it a shtick to do the to do the anti Donald Trump thing. My view is, I've been clear. I love Trump's policies.
Speaker 4: I love policies. His conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, to be clear, a lot of what I've actually stated on behalf of my views of what happened, the truth of what happened, on a lot of what the government has I think suppressed. They're not conspiracy theories. They're realities that even Donald Trump hasn't touched. So I'm speaking with my own convictions what they are. And I'm not a political analyst either, right, you guys probably be better at that than me. No, maybe you are, but that's not my job anyway. I'm sharing my convictions, and my whole view of this whole campaign is I'm going to tell people who I am and what I stand for, and if they want to vote for that, I will volunteer to be the next president. And if they don't, then I'm not going to be the next president. I'm gonna put my head on the pillow at night and know that I at least shared with you what my true convictions actually are.
Speaker 3: Have you told them about being possibly a run of meet Have you had that conversation.
Speaker 1: No, I think that we've had an open conversation about the fact that I'm in for the country to make change in a lot of different ways, you know. I Mean, the truth is, I think it's important that everybody know what they're getting with me, and I think there's ways to drive change in this country that don't just come through government. That's what I've been doing my whole career. Anyway. Now, there's a lot of speculation out there, and you know, if that came up, it would be a serious conversation that I'd be willing to have and I'd want to make sure that we're on the same page to deliver for the country. One of the things I've learned is from building businesses is the people who you work with, you know, the chemistry between them, alignment on the vision. That's really important. And if you have you know, if you have a little bit of daylight early on, that can become you know, wide open gaps later on in the course of building a business. I think it's not going to be any different in running the government. So I believe that he and I are deeply aligned. But I think that if that were a serious conversation, I'd want to make sure it was the right choice for him, just as it was the right choice for the country and for me. And if it was, that's something I would be willing to evaluate.
Speaker 4: I read you're not on the short list anymore.
Speaker 1: But I heard him say, y yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard him say he said that y'all would be working together for you.
Speaker 1: I think I think that I'm in this for the country, so I'm gonna do whatever allows me to have maximum impact on the country. I believe there's lots of ways to have impact in the country that don't come just through government service. But that is something that's required right now. I do think the government bureaucracy in Washington, DC, what we call the administrative state, the permanent state, the shadow government, the deep state. I do think that that is the real threat to liberty in this country. I do think it's the real threat to prosperity in this country. Goes beyond black versus white or Republican versus Democrat. I think this is about the permanent state, the managerial class, the bureaucracy versus the citizen. And so if that is a focus of Donald Trump and believes that he needs to actually shut down that deep state, as I believe we need to, I think he has that conviction. I definitely do. Then, Yes, absolutely, I'm going to go in there and do everything I can to make that happen. But that's what my focus was in this race, and I think there's a lot of ways to drive change even outside of government, to at least kill the swamp outside of government as well. And so that's what I'm evaluating right now. Haven't made any solid plans on what comes next.
Speaker 2: You set the record for the most campaign events ever in Iowa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Why do you think that didn't translate the voice.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you look at where we started, I think the law most people started zero percent stayed zero percent. Most people started zero point zero percent stayed zero point zero percent. And so for me coming out as a guy whose name most people couldn't pronounce at the start, didn't know, some of them still can't pronounce in a state like Iowa, and you know, I'm beating former vice presidents, US senators, multiple governors in that same race. I'm proud of what we accomplished in a short period of time. I only decided about a year ago. Is actually exactly when I even decided seriously to run for president. I declared for president less than a year ago. And so to go from being there to be in the solid number four candidate in this race, beating out governors and former vice presidents and senators, I think we accomplished a lot. And I think the people of this country that doesn't usually happen. And so I think that was a testament to a distinctive message and a distinctive candidate who was willing to be unshackled as I was in this race. And so did I expect to do better? Yeah? I expected to be the next president. That's why I ran. I did not This is not an exercise in futility. I didn't write a thirty million dollar check or close to thirty million of my own because I believe that this was going to be a second place endeavor. But am I proud of what we did. Absolutely. And I think that the people of Iowa if you asked somebody at the start of this race, when I declared what I have even made it through the fall, let alone through where we did in Iowa, they would have said, that's crazy. And you know what, I think that we're just getting warmed up.
Speaker 4: That's what you said something earlier that I agree with.
Speaker 2: You said that, you know, you feel like Democrats and Republicans both need to figure out what their party are. Yes, And I agree, And I think that starts with Democrats moving away from President Joe Biden. I think that starts with Republicans moving away from Donald Trump. So it makes me wonder, like, why have you chosen to endorse Donald Trump as a polled to somebody like a Nikki Haley.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I think this goes to the ideological divide in the GOP. Actually, because I do think that there's a choice on the table. It may be that I come out on a different place. I think I do than you do. Within the Republican Party is one direction of the Republican Party is a belief that it is the job of the US government to play the role of global policemen, to establish a surveillance state here at home, to be able to defend what they will call national security. I'm not criticizing it. I'm just describing with the views and that whatever it takes fighting those foreign wars, having people who have interests in them running the government and people who are adopting a surveillance state here at home, that that's the right vision. We've had that Republican Party before. I didn't vote for it. This is George Bush, Dick Cheney back in two thousand and four. I voted libertarian because I did not want to vote for that agenda in the time of the Iraq War and otherwise. Nikki Haley, I believe is a representation of that George Bush era Republican Party. There are people in the Republican Party that want to see that be the future of the Republican Party, that want to fork over more money to Ukraine, that believe and agree with Nikki Haley that for our national security, we do need to require every citizen to tie their social media account and their Internet profiles to their government issued ID and driver's license. I disagree with these things, but that is a view I think Dick Cheney would agree with that. I think the post nine to eleven Patriot Act proponents would agree with that. I think that the George Bush era, Karl Rove era, Lindsey Graham Republicans would agree with that. And that's one vision for the Republican Party. It's not mine. My vision for the Republican Party is one that you could call a libertarian nationalist vision, which says that two simple ideas. The people we elect to run the government should be the ones who actually run the government, not the bureaucracy. The people we actually elect should be the ones that actually make the laws, not a bunch of bureaucrats. And number two is the moral duty that they owe. The sole moral duty of the US President and every elected official is to the citizens of this country, not another one. That's a very different vision than the Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Nikki Haley, George Bush, John Bolton view which exists in the Republican Party. That's the choice.
Speaker 4: That don't look like Trump's Republican Party either.
Speaker 1: Though. Well, I think I respectfully disagree with you there, because I was to lead that to the next level with clarity.
Speaker 4: But I think that Donald co owner and you know, they're beholding.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you what I favor. I'm not speaking for anybody else but myself here. I'm here as a private citizen today, not even as a political candidate. I'll tell you what I stand for. I don't think that we should have super PACs in American politics. I think the super packs. I don't know if you're familiar with this concept, there are cancer on American politics.
Speaker 2: It's called eighty eight. Should watch it, okay on Stars and Hulu right now?
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good? Back to my that'll that'll probably be my inaugural movie. I'ven't watched it on in a long time. I think that the super packs are cancer on American politics. I think lobbying is a cancer on American politics. As I said, I don't think you should be able to leave the government and lobby that same government ever, but at least for ten years after you've left. If you've done special favors for a company. I don't think you should be able to join the board of that company. This is my issue with Nikki Haley. Right she's scratched Boeing's back, gave hundreds of millions of dollars of special benefits in South Carolina. As soon as she leaves, government has a board seat waiting on none other than Boeing, the company that apparently can't even fly planes in the sky anymore. I think that I don't think congressman should be allt to trade individual stocks. I don't think bureaucrats should be allowed to trade individual stocks. Actually, my first job was in New York City at the hedge Fund World. I worked with some pretty smart people here, and I've met most Congressmen. I could tell you they would be better off not trading individual stocks unless they were actually using inside information from Congress and from their bureaucracies to their advantage. I don't think that should be allowed. Now, these aren't Republican ideas or Democrat ideas. I think we need to.
Speaker 4: Get the influence everything you described both parties, for.
Speaker 1: Both parties, I mean, if you look at I mean, I hit Nikki Haley on this, but you take Elizabeth Warren, you everybody knows what her salary is, and now her net worth is disclosed to sixty eight million bucks. I know how you makes sixty eight million bucks, and it is not from collecting the salary of being a US senator. And so if you look at the networks, it's actually an interesting exercise. If you look at the net worth of people who have spent their entire career in government, that math does not add up. And so that's one of the core elements of my campaign. I think it drew a lot of people to us, which is the people we elect to run the government. The congressman, the senator, is the president. Say what you will agree or disagree. They should be the ones who actually run the government. It's not too much to ask today. That's not the case. They're all puppets. It's really the permanent state, the bureaucrats that are running the show. And the second thing is the moral obligation they owe as to the citizens of this country, not another one. So yes, I come down on the side of saying that we should be using our taxpayer resources, we should be using our military resources. Radical idea to protect an invasion across our own border sooner than we're using it to protect an invasion across somebody else's border. I don't think that's too much to ask, But the fact that that's controversial, both in the mainstream media and narrative of American politics today and even in the Republican Party says that, yes, the thing we need to decide in the Republican Party is not me or Ronda Santis or Nikki Haley versus Donald Trump. Forget the personalities, Who are we and what do we actually stand for? I think the Republican parties should become the Party of seventeen seventy six, the party that says we stand for the ideals of the American Revolution, self governance, free speech, open debate, that you get to speak your minds openly as long as I get to in return.
Speaker 2: You know, we weren't included, and none of that though black people, brown people like yourself, yeah, age people like envy. We were never including black men.
Speaker 1: But let's celebrate the progress we have made towards those ideals. Because here's the thing about the United States of America. We're a nation founded of I don't mean this as a joke. We're not a nation of gods. We're a nation of men. The difference between man and God is that man is imperfect. Yet we're a nation still founded on ideals, but always is That's the problem. That's in the past.
Speaker 3: Man, that's not in the past.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The other day, I can't remember to site what he said. I think that we referred to as a seven eleven worker at the White.
Speaker 4: House Babylon like this is this is this is sad.
Speaker 3: But that's how they look at us, sad sight, that's how to look at you, and that's how I look at us.
Speaker 1: Can I what do what do you think it was a joke? I took it as a joke. It actually if you read it into the article, which I did, it was actually it was actually poking fun at a lot of the left doing self awareness here. What do you think Martin Luther King would say? We just had MLK Day, we celebrated. That was the day that I wad call us.
Speaker 4: What do you think he.
Speaker 1: Would say about where we are as a country today? He said, I hope my four children grow up in a country where they're judged not on the color of their skin, but on the content of their character. When he said that about sixty years ago, and he woke up to the country. Let's say he just tell a transported to the country we're in right now. Do you think he would say that, oh, my gosh, we have regressed, or that, oh, I'm very upset about where we've landed. Or he sees a country where everybody's able to go to the ballot box and cast their vote, anybody's able to start a business, everybody start from the same place.
Speaker 4: Now, a lot of voter depression that keeps up black.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you a question, though, if you just snap of a finger from nineteen sixty three or nineteen sixty four, whenever it was, he would.
Speaker 4: Say it is sixty years he would say that progress.
Speaker 1: But still he would say to the and so is there racism today? Yes, there is, of course there is. I have a theory on how to deal with it at this point, which is different. Tell from nineteen sixty, which is different from eighteen seventy, but today, because there's different stages in a nation's life, I think require different response.
Speaker 3: How would you deal it? Because obviously it's not a racist country.
Speaker 1: So I think right now I'm not saying this is the answer sixty years ago, but right now today, I think the right answer is actually to let it atrophy to irrelevance. It's like the equivalence. I'm a biologist by background, that's my background. If a virus gets so low, right, racism is the virus. If it gets so low in the bloodstream at a certain point, the natural host immune system can just take care of it, and an atrophy is to irrelevance. But sometimes the way people actually die COVID is an example of this. The way people die of a virus isn't actually from the effect of the virus. It's from an overactive immune system that kills the very host organ in the name of fighting a virus long after it's gone. And I think that that's close to what we're happening in this country with the fight against racism. Is we're creating new racism today that I believe would not exist if we at a certain point would say we're going to let it go and move on.
Speaker 3: Was an example, It was an example.
Speaker 1: New anti black racism, a new wave of anti black racism that I think is beginning in this country because of people's feeling that they are being denied something on the basis of their skin color in the name of these day policies, I think that that's actually existing.
Speaker 2: Og anti black racism.
Speaker 1: Just I'm not talking about I'm talking about Gen two is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Example, I've run a company, and I've both in my campaigns and my companies.
Speaker 1: And I don't say this like, oh, I hired black people or black women and put them in roles of positions. I don't care what skin color they are. But it so happens that in multiple of my company's enterprises, businesses, even campaign people in significant positions of authority leadership happened to be black and black women included. All right, so what they're the best people for the job is why I put them there. One of my companies, I mean you turns out was of the hight paid, if not high paid person of the company. Okay, you hear what the other people will say who weren't as good to get that job, which is to say, oh, she only got that job because she's a black woman, which is unfair to her, It's unfair to the company, it's unfair to the people who led the company to make meritocratic decisions, and yet they are able to say that and have that impression because we do live in a corporate America where pharmaceutical companies and other companies say that we need to have quota systems that twenty five percent of our workforce and vice president ranks are above need to be people of a certain skin color. Imagine if we didn't say that, but we just did it by merit, we would probably get to the same place or something darn close to it anyway, without that second wave of race. I'm telling you out of my self interest is why I did it right. I grew up in this country, came from nothing, built multi billion dollar businesses in part by hiring the best person for the job. So it was self interest that guided me to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the reason they have to have those twenty five percent quota is because of systemic and structural races.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. One of the most best interactions I have in Iowa was with a black pastor not that many of them in Iowa. I promise you. He came to one of our events. The first thing he says is, before I ask my question to do a push up challenge with you, can you actually handle ten push ups? So we hit ten push ups on the spot. Then he asked me the hard question.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you did on the spots.
Speaker 1: I did thirty push ups on the spot. Why not do it? Hit it right now, right now? I did thirty this morning.
Speaker 4: Let me see you're gonna do with me?
Speaker 1: Pop them out, Let's do it, Let's do it.
Speaker 4: You get the blood man, All right to.
Speaker 3: Go v vic All right, let's do it, he says, some burpy's let's go one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, push ups man, Oh wow, he's just gonna push ups final pound him out.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at twenty. It'll be so tired. I mean, you fought it.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: Oh my good.
Speaker 4: What kind of far was it?
Speaker 1: That's thirty.
Speaker 4: He's beat rays beat ray. Good job, good job, job.
Speaker 2: Job good.
Speaker 1: Just one of the things I missed from the campaign.
Speaker 4: Nice and ask him the hard questions.
Speaker 1: That's what he got me out of breath. And then he asked me the hard question, which is one of our ten truths in the campaign, was reverse racism is racism? And the thing he asked me is which the question you would ask me? What does that mean in the context of systemic racism and historical inequality in the US? Water. Yeah, healthic, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't fall so easily to pay a pressure.
Speaker 1: But I ad man, I'm trying to peer pressure you into the birpe. But he's but he's a usual. It was just a healthy but skeptical question. And I'll tell you what I told him, which is.
Speaker 4: You're still trying to catch it.
Speaker 1: You definitely got to get a certain point. We gotta we have to embrace because he's a pastor, right, And so I was trying to think about how to speak the language that we both share in common, the virtue of mercy forgiveness. So this is not to say that we're going to deny something that's happened in the country, because I think that is an approach some people try to take denialism, right, Oh that didn't happen. No, I'm not taking that approces.
Speaker 2: Nicky did last week or two weeks ago or whatever it was. That's what Tim Scott has done, that's what the Vice president has done, Joe Biden has done. They all say, oh, America is not a racist country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and order the history, right. But at a certain point, I think here's the approach to national unity is I believe and I think it's the truth. At a certain point, the right answer is Clemency is mercy. There's a time for mercy and there's a time for justice, and sometimes those are intention with each other. But I think then now is the time for mercy. I think we have reached not the ultimate promised land. MLKA say, I may not get there with you, but we will get there one day. And I think that at a certain point when you get there, it's when you're closest to the promised land that there's a temptation to actually focus on where you were at the start. But I think that we have to resist that temptation and say that, you know what, at a certain point in time, it's like when that virus is almost cleared. It's still a little bit of a left, but it's almost cleared to say that we're going to let it atrophy to irrelevance. And I think that's the point we're at right now, or else I worry we're creating more race consciousness in a way that creates more division rather than less right now. And that's my that's one of my core issues with the with the so called deigen So it's not to deny anything else. But and it's a hard thing to say, well I was wrong. Well, how can you just say clemency and forgiveness now? And now I'm gonna say some things that might make you up. So then, but then you could have a bunch of other people that make a claim on something that they were wrong with Japanese people were internment camps, or Jewish Americans or anybody else. We can all play that game.
Speaker 2: And the reason you need the that becomes a currency is because of systemic and structural racism. Can you admit I just agree that this country there is systemic and structural racism in this country.
Speaker 1: I have to know what those terms mean, Charlemagne to be able to answer systemic racisms.
Speaker 2: Use I said racism, you said systemic in structural racism, you said you said structure.
Speaker 1: In stating the argument for the other side of what what's used, I don't think systemic racism. It's it's a little bit of a cop out, right. I know what racism is.
Speaker 2: We know that any healthcare system, we know that inequalities and the justice system.
Speaker 4: We know these things are right.
Speaker 1: So has there historically been in this country? Right? And I think that what we want to do is amentivil rights movement right? And actually a lot of what I'm standing for, for example, is I think that there are civil rights inequalities right now when it comes to your political beliefs. I think that that's actually something that exists right now. So the same FBI that was going after Martin Luther King sixty years ago on the basis of incorrectly collected tapes, it's a mystery to me that much of the left that should remember this from sixty years ago, somehow believes that that same FBI is a saintly organization.
Speaker 2: That is somehow we've never thought that. We've been telling you all the FBI is corrupt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, So why does everybody what does everybody somehow now believe that just because it's Christopher Ray or James Callmey who's leading again says, so everybody believes that if you praying and bring that same point up suddenly that that's a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Is an investigation, and if there's evidence in that investigation, you make in arrest, and then that's why we have a judicial system is due process. So what we're seeing now is somebody going through due process.
Speaker 1: So I think that I think that I'm in a different place than you, which is I think the FBI was corrupt then and I think the FBI is corrupt today.
Speaker 4: I'm not disagreeing.
Speaker 1: And so the idea that.
Speaker 4: They don't I don't mean that they don't even vabtigate people. And if you have committed a crime, that.
Speaker 1: Right, I think. But I think we can't talk out about sides of our mouth, right for a lot of these institutions that have been corrupt in the same way in our past, have they gone There have been two standards of justice based on your skin color? Absolutely there have been. If you look at other points today, are there two standards of justice today based on your political beliefs? I think the answer to that questioning.
Speaker 4: Biologic the FBI.
Speaker 2: That means everybody they've ever arrested it was it wasn't they should.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that, but I'm saying that there's there is a by anybody's logic. But you could say that sixty years ago the same thing that wasn't true then that isn't true today. But is there a fundamentally corrupting influence and bias today that is based on your political belief I think the answer is yes, and I think that's as wrong today as it was sixty or eighty years ago for it to be based on your skin color. And what I've seen on the modern left is now questioning that fundamental corruption in the FBI. And I favor shutting down the FBI. And that's a different place than pretty much every other Republican who says maybe fire Christopher am the only Republican in this field who thinks that's a good idea. I think shutting down the FBI is a good idea because the only way you're going to reform a corrupt bureaucracy isn't just by reforming it, it's actually by shutting it down. And so you know, we got thirty five thousand employees at the FBI. Twenty thousand of them are back office bureaucrats. Okay, fifteen thousand of them are cops on the front lines. I'd say send the back office bureaucrats home. The twenty thousand, we could send them home. Fifteen thousand on the front lines. We will move them. We'll move them to the US Marshals, We'll move them to the DEA, both of which, by the way, have been far more effective at fighting child sex trafficking rings, far more effective at fighting the fentanyl epidemic, far more effective. You can move them to the financial Crimes Enforcement network, go for the financial fraudsters, the sbfs and the ftx's of the world, more specialization than they have at the FBI. So that's the fifteen thousand cops, but the twenty thousand back office bureaucrats send them packing. That's how how you actually tackle corruption in the United States and in the administrative state, in the bureaucracy. I think we should be able to unite around that the same FBI. You know what the name of the building is. You know what the headquarters name is of the fdat Jaeger Hoover Building. So the same guy who committed, I would say, in many cases racially charged investigations and breaches of power sixty years ago is still the legacy that the current FBI is celebrating today. And yet when I say things like this, people will put that now in the category of right wing conspiracy theories celebrate In fact, yes, of course, they celebrate the founding fathers.
Speaker 4: The founding fathers were rapists and.
Speaker 1: Murderers, Charlemage. So I think we're going to have a deep disagreement on this one. These are people who set Without the ideals that they set into motion, we wouldn't be where we are today. Tell me about John Adams, how much, how familiary with his story. He was an abolitionist in his own time. He was the second president of the United States. He did not own slaves on principle. Not only that, he actually fought for the liberation of slaves as the second president. Jefferson, I mean, look, a lot of these, a lot of these guys and majamas. Jefferson one of my favorite presidents'.
Speaker 4: Favorite one person to make a point, but no.
Speaker 1: No, But I'm making the point that the people today who are going to go decry or founding fathers for being slaveholders would have been back then the people who were slave holders. What you do, right That's what I'm saying, because they're just following you at.
Speaker 2: What you're doing right now, with what you're accusing everybody else are doing. Because you support Donald Trump. You think that the FBI is targeting Donald Trump, and you think Donald Trump has been unfairly prosecuted.
Speaker 1: I think not only Donald Trump, but it's because you support dontru I think, no It's not because I support Donald Trump. It's because I believe the FBI has been a corrupt institution for the last seventy years. I was against the Iraq War back when this wasn't a Republican position. So the mystery to me is actually a lot of the modern left. I was libertarian. I told you I voted libertarian in my first election in two thousand and four, when I'm nineteen years old. The mystery to me, though, is that the same left that was correctly I think correctly skeptical of the federal police state, the national security establishment, that believed that they're infringing on our civil rights and liberties with the Patriot Act after nine to eleven in the nineteen sixties, with the incorrect collection of tapes to go after civil rights activists, that that left somehow has abandoned its long standing skepticism of the Trump it is, which is to say that anybody who then questions that same FBI or apparatus has dismissed as some conspiracy theorist, when in fact I think that we should from the left and the right finally, and the right used to be the ones that defended the federal police state if you question it, shut up, sit down, and do as you're told. That was the George Bush Dick Chene era, which is my problem with Nikki Alia as a representation of that. But today it's shut up, sit down, and do as you're told. If somebody questions that same federal administrative police state, and so Isaiah's dismantle that bureaucracy. And that's how you actually revive integrity. And that should not be a left wing or a right wing point. But for my part, and I don't know where you were where your views were back then, I was against the Iraq War, I was against the Patriot Act then, I'm against it now. I would repeal every remaining vestige of the Patriot Act. Today. A lot of those vestiges are, indeed what are being used by Joe Biden found up the people who would otherwise be labeled as insurrectionists or white supremacists or otherwise that are threats today, many of whom I think are being wrongfully arrested in the same way that civil rights activists were wrongfully arrested and spied on by the I think Trump. I think these politicized accusations against Trump would not exist were he not running for president. So yes, I believe they're absolutely politicized. It's going to be such a tired discussion because everybody's beaten this dead horse to death. But if you take something like the Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot, right, that hasn't been beaten to death. Remember this story, Yeah, so it actually began as a storm on the Capitol in Michigan, a plot to storm Capitall in Michigan ended up being headed in the direction of a kidnapping plot for Gretchen Whimmer. Multiple of the defendants are acquitted. First, there's a hung jury. They retry them. After retrying them, multiple of the defendants are acquitted at trial. Why on grounds of entrapment. Literally a third of the people involved in this, if not more, were FBI agents. Gave them five thousand dollars credit cards. These are poor people. One of these guys is going to a Mexican restaurant across the street to go get hot water. These are poor people in a tough spot. They happen to be white. Sixty years ago could say it's black skin color. Take it out of the equation. Five thousand dollars credit cards to go by munitions, et cetera. Multiple people acquitted, and the juror at the trial after the acquittal comes over to the defendant, gives one of them a hug and just apologizes for what they had seen and been put through. And so, where is the I don't say right, right wing, left wing, where is the accountability for a federal administrative police state that has put people up to do something that they otherwise wouldn't have done. They're under poor circumstances, exploited, they're angry, paid for by the government, tried to put them in jail for it. Except for thank god, we have a jury system that is the final, last bastion of defense acquitted those men who were put up to do something the otherwise never would have done. I think it was wrong. What's happened in the nineteen sixties. I think it's long if it's happening today. And so again, that's why a lot of the principles I'm standing for, I don't think they should be viewed as Republican versus Democrat principles.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Do you think there are opponents to what I'm saying in the Republican Party?
Speaker 4: Do you think some people are should be above the law.
Speaker 1: No, okay, We're a nation of laws, not of men. That's one of our founding principles, which I give credit to our founding fathers for setting in motion. By the way, So what's.
Speaker 2: The problem with Trump having ninety one criminal charge? If he's innocent, then it'll be proven in a court of law.
Speaker 1: I think it will. They've proven in a court of law. But I think it's wrong for the country in terms of what we're going through in the meantime, and.
Speaker 4: You just tainting the course of the show him in the capitol.
Speaker 2: What about the attempted coup that happened on January sixth?
Speaker 1: Do we want to go down this rabbit hole? Because I think that I'm at a again. I was a private citizen three years ago when it happened. I was biotech CEO, consuming just I like to think of myself as independent, but consuming what a lot of the news media feeds me. As a presidential candidate, you have a responsibility the country to dive deep into the facts, and a lot of new facts have actually come out since then three years ago. If you had told me that January sixth was some type of government entrapment, I would say that was crazy talk. I don't believe it's crazy talk today.
Speaker 4: Government and trap mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that again the same people. What I just told you happened in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So here we go. All the way through trial. Multiple of the people were acquitted because it was found that the FBI put them up to do something that Dells wouldn't do. The head of the Detroit Field Office there was a man by the name of Stephen d'antono.
Speaker 2: Well, people weren't quitted it on January six, people would.
Speaker 1: Depend I'm lets let me just draw the line said you want to go down the rabbit hole. You know it's going to take about five minutes to do it at least, but we'll go down the rabbit hole if you want to, if you want to open that door. The head of the Detroit Field Office of the FBI is a gentleman to man named Stephen d'antono. In late twenty twenty, Christopher Ray, the head of the FBI, moves him to be the DC Field office head. So let's get this straight. The Detroit Field Office has created a fake plot to storm the Michigan Capital. Multiple people get fraimed, through that, several get acquitted on grounds of entrapman. The person who is heading the Detroit field officer of the FBI that masterminds that now moved to DC several months before what happened on January sixth. We all saw what happened on January sixth. What turns out was that the video footage we saw shortly after did not include, as video footage has now come out in the last year, did not include shooting rubber bulletin tear gas into a peaceful audience. And then you actually see the response to that and didn't include Capitol police officers welcoming people into the capitol, and one of the people on jan six it turns out, Charlemagne was acquitted because he came in with the Capitol police officer waiving him to come in.
Speaker 4: What they got to do Trump's speech.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying I'm not talking about Trump at all. I'm talking You asked about the two, but you asking about the people who were on the grounds on January sixth.
Speaker 4: The grounds because Trump called for them to be on the grounds.
Speaker 1: Which is their right to do as long as they're doing it peacefully and protesting. Because the tradition in this country. The civil rights movement wouldn't happen after Martine.
Speaker 2: Washington, right, we saw him stole them the Capitol. We saw the video. It's right there for you to see.
Speaker 1: We saw of the video. And anybody who was violent, it's a different category. But if you were a peaceful protester on January sixth and you ended up in the Capitol because a Capitol police officer let you in and you took some selfies and walked around and then left, I don't think you should be sitting in prison. And I think that that is an application of a different standard of the rule of law, which is why I've said any peaceful January sixth protester would have gotten a pardon on my first day in office. I don't know if Trump brothers have made that commitment. I can't speak, but you do.
Speaker 2: Believe that some people were there to attempt to cool with his country.
Speaker 1: If you were violent that day, you need to be helped. You need to be held accountable for that violence. Now was there I think a lot of unanswered questions that need to be answered, and I think it's up to good journalists to step up.
Speaker 2: And understand though did Donald Trump inside?
Speaker 1: I don't think Donald Trump insided a violent cool if you just look at the words of what he said. He specifically said peacefully.
Speaker 4: Did you got a fight like hell? He said, you got to fight like hell, and.
Speaker 1: He was using the word peacefully. But there's at his speech. This is about. This is about a deeper sure of people who are in prison today. And I think that if you're in prison for peacefully expressing your views on Washington, DC, no matter what your views are, I don't care if you're a black civil rights activist in the sixties, I don't care if you're a white January sixth peaceful protester. You should be held to the same standard of the rule of law, which is that peaceful protest, peaceful and the expression of your viewpoint should never be criminalized in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're talking about two totally different things. That you're talking about peopleho're not talking about right, and you know you're talk about people who are trying to overturn redolis.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, regardless of what your views are, regardless of what your views are, you should be able to peacefully express yourself. And once you lose that, we don't have a country left.
Speaker 4: I argue with those people want a lot of people on January sixth, more.
Speaker 2: And peaceful at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm drawing a distinction.
Speaker 4: Some of them were literally saying they were looking for a vice president.
Speaker 2: To hang them.
Speaker 1: I'm drawing a distinction for countless peaceful protesters who are in prison today for trespassing unlawfully entering the Capitol when you have Capitol police officers opening the door to them. Atum, we should all be able to agree that those people should not be riding in a prison cell. Not only is that a violation of the standard of the rule of law. Let's talk about just the project of uniting this country, and right now we have a major divide in this country. And at a certain point, we're going to have to look three hundred and sixty degrees across the board and say, all right, we're all laying down arms. We're going to agree to be one nation. We're going to agree to disagree on the issues where we disagree most profoundly, to say that we are still going to be bound by a common set of principles. As Americans take abortion right, this is one where they say there's going to divide the country to a breaking point. I've stood for policy, and that's the mystery. Man. I'm the only Republican who has advocated for this. I think it's a winner politically, but I think it's also the right thing to do. They say, Okay, you can't find common ground and abortion, how about this one. Tell me. We got three guys here at the table. Let's talk from man to man on this. I think that if a woman brings a child to to this is.
Speaker 2: What you fucking up at. You find up because there's three men and you're saying you're having a conversation in all women, you should bring to women to the table. This is why you're talking about found some bullshit.
Speaker 1: Well to make most women no, no, most women here like what I'm about to say, most men don't have them. We have actually and and and we've had a conversation. I think I think you're I think you makee worried about what I'm about to say, which is that I think if a woman brings a child to term, she should be able to make the man financially responsible for both her and the child if she does it, period, and that should be the law of the land. That happens though, no, it doesn't. It doesn't happen today, not not not to the scale I'm talking about full financial it's you do fifty to fifty, you got forty percent. For the man, I'm talking about one hundred percent of its two x over. He's fully responsible for the woman and fully responsible for the child ability because she has responsibility. She took nine months to actually bring the child to term if it's confirmed with the genetic paternity test.
Speaker 3: So right now today, four years ago, he has full responsibility for the child's eighteen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and full responsibility for the woman during that time. I don't think that's I don't think it's bad either, because I think that part of the criticism of Republicans is, oh, you're just throwing women under the bus. I say, let's actually that's a fair criticism. Let's actually take that seriously and say, we're all in this together. If you believe that under life, agree with that. I think most women absolutely for the child and for me, most women would agree with that, right, And that's not and that's not the state of look for that. But but then men should think about that in the front end. That's the whole point. Because women can't afford that either that's the whole this this gets to the heart of the abortion point. It gets to the heart of the abortion.
Speaker 2: But what you say it is you think about that on the frontd exactly which got the whole point.
Speaker 4: Remember young Doug was like, Yo, if you broke, shouldn't be having baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Things happen and don't.
Speaker 3: But if you think it's going to work out, and it obviously does it now a man, if it's confirmed by the thousand dollars a year, you want him to to to pay for the woman and the child.
Speaker 1: That's not the wildest thing because she's actually got nine months of carrying the child. So this is when I'm talking back about the project of uniting the country. I don't know if that's a Republican idea, democratic idea, or whatever, but right now one of the criticisms is one of the things I believe as a leader. You talked about being a leader. What does what does the leader do? One of the things the leader does is listen to the best arguments for the other side, understand them deeply, and then give the best possible response to that you can. I had eleventh grade teacher you taught me. If you can't state the best argument for the other side, you don't know what you actually believe yourself. And I think that that's true. And here on this question, the best argument for the other side is how are you only putting this responsibility on women, to say, okay, you stand for life and all of that, but how come that only falls on the woman. My answer is it shouldn't. So nature has made a decision. And some people will be offended as saying this the women only women as only women have children. Okay, that's I believe that's a biological fact. Some people might disagree with that. But if you have two X chromosomes, you have children. But we're going to do everything we can to even that responsibility out by saying that if the man is making a sexual decision, it's not just the woman that's responsible for that. The man actually pays for the woman and the child for the next eighteen years.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so I'm giving you an example though, the same thing we're bringing up with the FBI recognized. Now don't say the FBI wasn't racist or whatever. Sixty years ago, it was acknowledge that same institution that we're celebrating with the Jadgar Hoover Building. How do we suddenly believe that somehow it's immune from corruption today? And so I think part of what's happened in this country is are partisan goggles have gotten so far in the way of us actually just having actually a conversation amongst citizens without the black label or the white label, or the red label or the blue label, and just say, actually, let's have a conversation among citizens where there's almost a certain guilt, right Like, if you're among your liberal friends in New York City and you're saying something that Donald Trump said, but you're also saying the same thing about the border or whatever, you have to be guilty and flogged yourself for saying it. Just forget about the guilt and just locate what are our actual principles. And I think I come back to two basic ones that unite us as Americans. The people we elect to run the government should run the government, not the bureaucracy. Those elected leaders owe a moral duty to the citizens of this country, not the citizens of Ukraine or another one. And oh, by the way, we all get to expels press and speak our minds freely and in the open whether or not we disagree. You get to speak your mind, and you do and I do too, as long as each of us gets the same right in return. I think those are basic rules of the road that most of us, ninety percent of us in this country agree on.
Speaker 4: And you know Trump doesn't agree with that though.
Speaker 2: Trump I was speaking Trump Wardy said he wants to shut the media down for speaking about him if he becomes president of again.
Speaker 1: I think that. Here's here's what I've noticed happening in the country. I've had a front row seat to the media, okay for the last year. Believe me, they've twelve of them follow me around everywhere I've gone for a long time. We do interviews at the end of every day, and I've granted more, you know, media access or press access than anybody else for full transparency. Actually, you know, we've become friends with some of them, young people actually, not the people who are their bosses up the chain. I think a lot of them have lost their way. But the young people twenty two years old, who have you know, earnestly got a job, think they're actually doing a good job. Several of them. Actually we became I became personally quite friendly with and I expect to remain friends with over the course of life. And the best ones I think aren' I hadn't end up even standing.
Speaker 4: Trump wants to show I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna tell you something else. Is what I've seen happen is because I get questions on this regularly. Trump will say something. There will be one word they pick out. Vermin was one. They followed me around about that for a week. What do you think about the Donald Trump called his opponents vermin? And it's a whole game that the media plays where they will pick Hitler, they will they will they will pick they will pick one word he says, and then actually have you respond to it as opposed to taking action. But the obsession over picking some word that Donald Trump said and making that the news story versus actually asking about the substance. I mean, Charle Man, I think I've saw some of some of your own commentary recently where you agree with me on the border being a crisis and it's ridiculous what's happening on this other.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 1: What did he say? The quote Hitler, let's actually just just go go to the specific let's let's let's just let's just go to the specifics and do this because this is exactly is exactly what happened. Pull it up word for word, Read me the whole paragraph, what comes before there after. I don't even know what you're referring to, but I enough of how the game is played that I just want to play this out.
Speaker 4: And he also said that he didn't know Hitler had used the term.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, and that was the poisoning the blood term that's straight out of the manifesto.
Speaker 1: Just because somebody says a word that also appears to the translation of the manifesto with some totally weird game of gotcha. Just just re read to me the full paragraph.
Speaker 4: Say immigrants poison the blood of.
Speaker 1: There give me, give me Donald Trump's quote, We're not going to do the game of the secondhand. You know, NBC News distillation of it. Just get to the primary source, because I know Donald Trump and he's not somebody who goes around quoting Adolf Hitler. It's just not a thing that happens. I don't have this country is taught to believe by the media that that's what he does.
Speaker 2: But that's the Trump I think the real number is fifteen to sixteen million people into our country. When they do that, we got a lot of work to do. They're poisoning the blood of our country, Trump told the crowded the rally in New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: That's what they've done.
Speaker 2: They poisoned mental mental institutions and prisons all over the world, not just in South America, not just the three or four countries that we think about, but all over the world. They're coming into our country from after, from Asia, all over the world. And he kept repeating the phrase poisoning the blood of our country.
Speaker 1: Here, just doing one fair because we got it. I think this is so valuable. Just read exactly read the.
Speaker 4: Whole Immigration is poisoning the blood of our nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, and read the rest of it as you did. Just just just go the whole paragraph, because I think, just do one more time, just everybody. Can everybody hear what he actually said versus the news.
Speaker 4: Term blood poisoning was used by him.
Speaker 1: What Donald Trump said, now size.
Speaker 4: Immigration in the mixing of all races. Trump is doing exactly.
Speaker 1: Said, they're poisoning the mental health institutions, They're poisoning the prison of our country. That was one line from a broader Hitler. And I'll tell you this man. I went to the South side of Chicago in this campaign against the advice of my campaign advisors, because they said, why are you going there in the middle of a primary. I'm running to unite the country. You know what they're doing in Chicago right now, or at least at the time I went there, they were converting South Shore High School, a poor high school in the south side of Chicago, into an encampment for migrants who were in this country illegally, at a cost of seven thousand dollars per migrant per month. There were things said in the room that I was in that were far more incendiary than what you just read right there. And I don't hold it against the people who are in that room with me, because America first includes all Americans. And I think it is dead wrong that we are rewarding mass numbers of people who have entered this country illegally, breaking the law as they do it, coming in by the millions, and rewarding them more than we are our own fellow citizens right here at home. Why So, that's a major problem affecting people black and white Democrat, Republican, poor and middle class across this country. And yet we're sitting here obsessing over one word in a long paragraph that said poison the blood when it included a reference to mental health institutions in jails and other public resources in the United States. That is everything that's wrong with our media right now. People, You guys who are actually going to help lead the media out of this because you are actually not beholden by the same partisans talking about the actual substance.
Speaker 2: But when what we need to address, it's hard to when you've got a guy who said he wants to be a dictator for a day you got. It's hard with just a guy who says it's a guy who says you got to terminate terminate the constitution in order to overturn the results of an election.
Speaker 4: It's hard when it's a guy who's.
Speaker 1: The country for the derangement syndrome. And focus on the actual problems we have to solve as a country, and you look at actually the border, the economy, you want to look at staying out of foreign wars. Yeah, I will take a president who has sharp elbows, who is actually able to accomplish those things.
Speaker 4: Words don't matter over somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying words don't matter, words matter, but words taken out of context in a way. Am I going to say everything the same way that Donald Trump did? I don't know why I'm sitting here being questioned again with the entire media loves to do on picking some word Trump said, and we're sitting here talking about that rather than a vision for the country, talk about the actual country, talking about the actual issues were dressing as a country, and yes, exactly, we'll talk about the actual country.
Speaker 2: Just the point of the GOP attaching themselves to Trump the way they have when he hasn't won anything since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: The GOP attaching themselves to Trump is I think a bizarre framing where the GOP is electing a leader to lead our America first movement to the next level, and they're saying in drove that Donald Trump should be that leader. Now, how do we actually use that to accomplish something for our country? Our country? I think made a poor decision in putting Joe Biden in office. I think the results speak for themselves. I think a lot of the economic numbers are a fallacy. Prices are higher, wages, haven't gone up to the same degree. More gage rates are higher, people live in tougher circumstances. We've got millions more who have entered this country illegally, taken up public resources that should be used on other purposes. And yet somehow we are still focusing on some word that Donald Trump said, as opposed to asking ourselves, how are we going to trust that underlying.
Speaker 4: Yahn won anything since twenty sixty.
Speaker 2: From sixteen and I think what you lost the House on electionen you lost the House twenty twenty, you lost the White House.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to win in a landslide this.
Speaker 4: Year, But what about in a haven't won any fair conducted election.
Speaker 1: I think he run wins in a landslide this year. Look, I think people voted for the policies, and at the end of the day, look, I'm looking to take many of those policies to the next level. That's what I was doing in my candidacy. But the people were clear they want someone who's tried and true, and they want the policies we had from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty. That's what we're gona happen in this country now.
Speaker 3: Vivig let me ask you a question. Now here's a regular citizen, you said today?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Now you're a cool guy. We could play basketball, pickle ball, whatever you want. What is next with vvig? Why are you here? Are you here to promote Trump?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is VVIG here today? I thought you were going to announce something like why is VVICK here today?
Speaker 1: So to tell you the truth, I was over the weekend. Yeah, I mean pretty much. We I was with family over the weekend. Haven't seen them in a long time. We got we're here with my kids. We saw friends and family over the weekend. We haven't seen in forever. We've been living in Iowa and New Hampshire and braving the campaign trail. And you know, honestly, I think that we need to have more open conversations in this country because I know I'm going to blood, because I know that we don't you know. And I also actually to tell you the truth. I don't know if you remember this. Last time, we had a little bit of a more contentious exchange with with the third friend who joined by a screen. But you said, are you going to come back? I bet you're not going to come back? I said, I bet you, I will, and so.
Speaker 3: I remember your challenge was like I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 1: I a challenge, it's a promise. I mean, your promise. We're going to come back and close the loop on the conversation. And that's what I want to do. And I have a feeling, you know, if you guys will have me, we'll do this again, you know, six months or whenever we come back to New York again.
Speaker 4: Do you think a person of color could ever be a GOP nominee?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because I read an.
Speaker 2: Article in the Nation that said you and Nikki Haley can't escape gop racism. And the article says you two are boxed in by the bigotrea that you deny exist.
Speaker 4: What are you think of that?
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you what probably the bigger obstacle was for me. It wasn't skin color, and I still don't think it's irresolvable obstacle, but it was religion. I'm Hindu, and you know, I think the easy thing you're supposed to do as a politician is, even if you're not claimed to be Christian, check the box. Maybe shorten your name a little bit, make it easier to pronounce. Would that in the short run help my electoral chances. A lot of people were professionals at this certain say it would. But as I told you, my whole approach to politics is I'm gonna tell you who I am and what I stand for. And I'm a religious.
Speaker 4: Person, religion of the reason of jop No.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, not at all. But I'm saying that if I had to pick even between the two factors, it's not even race one. I'm not making this up because I got a lot of earnest people in Iowa who told me they loved everything I say, and I don't begrudge them for this, but it was difficult to vote for me because I'm not Christian and I respect that honesty and the kinds of conversations we had about faith in Iowa. I mean these were including with the with the pastor the gentleman who you know, put me through the push up ringer before asking me the question about systemic Rayson was actually one of the people who came down the side of I know the difference between a pastor and a president, and I think he ended up becoming a supporter of mine. Actually, he became a precinct captain, which was funny how that story ended. He came back a few weeks later to an event, even though he disagreed with me on some of or thought he disagreed with me on some of the views initially that I had on illuminating affirmative action. Came back a few weeks later, ended up being one of our precint captains in Iowa, and he's a Christian pastor black coming out with disagreeing with me on the politics at one point and a different religion on the other and became a priestinc captain. So it's not insurmountable, but I think that was a bigger question and understandably on people's minds. Right the nation is founded as a matter of history on Judeo Christian principles. But one of the things I had an opportunity to share with people was actually and it almost forced me to take a step back and really locate, like, what are my actual faith convictions. Most of us think we are whatever religion we are, but when you're really pressed on it. It's one of the things in this campaign is it really brought me back in touch with my own faith and I shared with people what my faith is. There's one True God. He puts us here for a purpose. He works through us. It's not being done by us, it's being done through us. But we are still equal because God resides in each of us. That's the heart of my faith, which is slightly different than the way you'd say it is that we're we're equal because we're all made in the image of God and were equal in the eyes of God. But it's making the same point. And I also learned a lot about the difference in how to talk about the difference between being a president and a pastor. So you brought up Thomas Jefferson, and a lot of the left likes to cancel part of his legacy because he was a slaveholder. There's actually something coming from the other side that I saw as well, and I had a chance to educate people on and even refresh myself on. Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian, not a traditional Christian. He was a Deist. Actually, he made a part of the Old the New Testament. He didn't like all the stuff about the miracles and everything else, but he liked the philosophy and the teachings of Jesus Christ, and so he took a razor blade, and he cut out the parts of the New Testament that had the philosophy that he thought spoke to him. He used glue to glue them together. That constitutes the Jefferson Bible today. And so the interesting thing about that is I would meet a lot of people on the campaign trail who would be frankly disgusted, and I have to admit part of me is also disgusted with the view that we can't respect Thomas Jefferson's legacy, guy who at the age of thirty three wrote the Declaration of Independence. I'm sitting in a swivel chair right now. This was invented by Thomas Jefferson, the man who was thirty three when he wrote the Declaration of Independence. He invented the swivel chair right around the same time that man, the unafraid, the guy in the Lewis and Clark expeditions, that we can't celebrate him today because he was a slaveholder. From that angle, to also tell a group of people that who believes that only Christian can be the US president who loved Thomas Jefferson, who loved the signer of the Declaration of Independence, who hate the left for saying that we can't celebrate Thomas Jefferson because he was a slaveholder who actually believe that only Christian can be president. And yet Thomas Jefferson wasn't a traditional Christian.
Speaker 2: At the time he became the president, was a slave holder because he created the swivels chair. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that we are imperfect human beings. Yes, and that you know what, two hundred and fifty years from now, somebody will look at something that each of the three of us have done and criticize that two hundred and fifty years from now and say, can you believe these people shit?
Speaker 2: They doing it now?
Speaker 1: No, but they're really good. If they're doing it now and they're doing it for him, then too. But if they're doing it now, they're really going to do it two hundred fiftyears now and right now. If we really thought about it, and we took a few hours or a few days to reflect on it, we could probably figure out what that is. But if you ask you on the spot right now, no, I don't think you could tell me on the spot right now what people two hundred fifty years from now going to come here and tell you that you were an immoral man for and all the other truths that you spoke that we should reject them because you did some small thing that the people two hundred fifty years from now disagree with.
Speaker 4: Well, being a slave owned a small thing, but I know you got to go.
Speaker 1: But back then it was actually and that's the thing. In seventeen seventy six, it was the.
Speaker 4: Nature of the nature to be.
Speaker 1: And so right now, don't be the person who was the slaveholder back then, Be John Adams. That's what we should call ourselves, to be the person who bucks the trend of their time, to say I'm going to speak on my own conviction and do what's different than being the product of my own time. Because anybody can pare it what the slogan is of their day. But the hard thing to do is to say the pack is running this way, and I'm going this way instead anyway, because it's back on my conviction. That's what we need.
Speaker 4: People like John Adams. Arter reason. You can point at it and say it was wrong, though, because John Adams knew it was.
Speaker 1: Well. A lot of people are going to be doing things today that are different than the way that each of us is going to be living our lives and say the same thing. In two and fifty years from now, somebody else will conversations. Abe Lincoln wasn't around then, man, that was still later on. That was still later on. And we'll just take the story down. We'll just pass this lineage down. We don't talk American history enough. Actually irritates me. A lot of consertives talk about the importance of knowing history without actually just talking about history. Let's talk this through. So John Adams, you know, his son is John Quincy Adams. He's the first non founding father who became a president. Here's a funny fact about him. He was the first outside of the founding fathers. He was the first one who was elected president. He actually wasn't a great president he had He was elected out after one term. People didn't love him, and so he tried to find everything else he could do. He went and tried to write some books, and he went and tried to start some nonprofits, and none of that spoke to him. He is the only presidence, John Adams's son who went back to Congress after being a president. So he's elected to multiple terms of Congress. And you know what, he went back to Congress with was one thing he regretted not doing as a president was abolishing slavery. This long before Abraham Lincoln comes along. Okay, so he wanted abolish slavery. His father was an abolitionist. He didn't accomplish much during his tenure as president. He was a good Secretary of State, but he was not a very good president. Think about the humility to say, I'm not even gonna go to the Senate. I'm going to go become a congressman and get re elected multiple times with the mission of abolishing slavery. Now here's what happens. There was a rule that Congress passes, it's called the gag rule, which stopped people from using the word slavery. Like they literally couldn't use the word slavery because they don't want people to utter the word because it made them uncomfortable. So this guy's already been the US president, Okay, so he has nothing to lose. So he's just a congressman. Now he says, I'm gonna say the word. I'm gonna say it slavery, slavery, slavery, slavery. There, Congress has set the rule that you can't say the word slavery. Well, I'm going to say it. So they censure him and have just like they have today George Santos or whatever, they'll have the equivalent of kicking him out of Congress. So they have his trial in Congress, and he uses his own personal trial, because this guy's got nothing to lose. They use his own personal trial for saying the word slavery when you're not allowed to say the word slavery to make the case for abolition from the stand of his own trial to being kicked out of Congress. At the end of that, they get rid of the gag rule, so you're allowed to say slavery, which opens up the debates that you're then allowed to have. So a year later, about a year or so later, he's given a speech on the Congress floor. It means, it's amazing this guy with this humility. He's given a speech on the Congress floor. He has a stroke in the middle of his speech. He dies right there. He doesn't die quite yet. They take him up to the upstairs room, keep him alive for another couple of days, and eventually he dies up in that ante room outside in the same Congress where he then devoted that later stage of his career, and they took volunteers for who's going to be the person who carries out his funeral rights and carries him out and the guy who raises his hand and does as it was a first term congressman nobody had heard of, hadn't said a word by the name of Abraham Lincoln. And so these are the stories of our history. Man, we don't tell these stories anymore. We celebrate. We would put back our founding fathers and would talk about how these people are, how these people are slave owners who want to dismiss the ideals they said into motion without recognizing that, like us today, these are imperfect human beings that still strived and to be the best that they possibly could have, just as we do today. And so it bothers me deeply for us to just lazily reject that, as opposed to saying we acknowledge those imperfections, but were founded on the pursuit of a more perfect unit, absolutely the pursuit of liberty and justice.
Speaker 4: Dismiss it and s I'm not dismissing.
Speaker 1: Do it sound like I'm dismissing at charlet mane, I disagree with you, man, and I I agree that put me in the category of the conversation we had, and saying that I just dismissed it out of hand, I think that that's I think that's unfair. I think that that's unfair. I don't think I dismiss it, but I acknowledge the totality of what a human being is, which is an imperfect and flawed human being who we can still celebrate.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that, but you can have to be but you can't tell people just to ignore the fact that Thomas Jeffson.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling people to ignore it, though, And this is what I think we I'm in this to unite the country, and I think if we're going to take this seriously, every one of us has to acknowledge the full nuances of our history in every direction. To say that we're not going to listen to Thomas Jefferson or there are founding was illegitimate because they were deeply imperfect and flawed is every bit as bad as somebody who's going to say that I'm going to entirely dismiss the fact that they were slave owners. I think that both of those are mistakes that could lead lead to the failure of our country as we know it. I think our country will cease to exist if either side of our debate is that one hand willing to say, oh, slavery was some made up myth, and actually I don't know it was in the interest of people could say such things, It was the interest of black people to be slaves. Whatevericulous. Okay, Well, I think that if we have a different side that says our founding fathers, who wrote a declaration of independence founded on the pursuit of a more perfect union, right, the pursuit of liberty, quality and justice for all, not claiming were perfect, but that our nation founded on freedom for all who aspire to have them. That were imperfect, but we eventually got there two hundred and fifty years And as darn close as we've ever been to reject that and say that we can't celebrate that founding because they made a mistake of being slave owners, I think that that is every bit as bad for the future of our country versus acknowledging that we are still pursuing that more perfect union.
Speaker 2: What I would say is what you talked about with Thomas Jefferson when he took the razor, and he took out some of the philosophies that he agreed with. We should take some of those things that we agree with, but then everybody should come to the table, because all was not at the table when those people wrote those documents.
Speaker 1: We got that we have too much under our country. We understand that, okay, But my point is my point is not rejecting that or taking a hammer to it. It's more of a different response. It's like, we got it, like totally. Like at a certain point we've got to say we've got it. We don't do no, but I can, but we don't. We got it. And now and now it's time for three hundred and sixty degree mercy, clemency, forgiveness across the board and that we're moving forward as one nation under God. And I think that I think that moment is now actually and that's why I ran for president, and it clearly I did not succeed to the scale that I wanted to. I'm proud of what we accomplished. As I said, started as ordinary guy, kid of immigrants, came to this country with no money. They would have never imagined that I'm self funding a presidential campaign to try to try to reach the people with this message. But I'm not stopping now, and I don't know what form that's going to take in this next phase, but I'm all in for that. And even for people. I don't know if you guys are on the left or not, how you'd characterize yourself, but people have different views. I'm gonna asking you, okay, I mean, whatever it means right and these labels, what do these things mean right? You know, hard right, hard left? I think these things actually mean a lot less right now in an era where we're closer to World War three than we've ever been, and the only bipartisan consensus in the establishment of both parties is to march us closer. Forget the labels. I'm asking those of you who care about the country, and I believe you do. You wouldn't be doing what you're doing every day if you didn't have a care for this country. And I don't think you would be either, man. I mean you could. I know you like cars, you could be talking about cars the whole time, but you're not. You're talking about this and I think it's because you care about the country.
Speaker 2: How can you.
Speaker 1: I think it is because you support Trump? I do care about the country. And I think the Trump I.
Speaker 2: Want to be spend the constitution, the overturn the results of an election.
Speaker 1: Charlemagne, I think, I think that, I think that a lot of democracy. Here's what I will say is.
Speaker 4: How can you respect the country?
Speaker 1: If don't make democracy, I'll make I'll make a deal with you can even do this off one because we're not gonna do it here with an open mind. Take a look at the totality of government entrapment in the lead up to the twenty twenty election and even afterwards, and then you look at the same cases from sixty years ago, and what you realize is this is just history continuing as it has for the last six years. A good book, I'll give you. My wife actually read it when I told her I wanted to shut down the FBN. She's not a terribly political person at all, but I told her I want to shut down the FBI. She thought it was crazy. She thought a lot of what I'm talking about here sounded like crazy talk, because I would have believed three four years ago myself. She read a book herself. She doesn't take it from me. She's an independent student. She reade a book called g Man and if everybody is watching this right now. I would recommend taking a look at it too. It's not some right winger wrote this book. It's some as far as I know, some sort of liberal Yale historian. But it's a Politzer Prize winning book, not some right wing screed. G Man stands for government. Man gives you the history of JEdgar Hoover's FBI, And once you read that, I think you will likely most people, I think probably ninety percent of people will actually come around to having the same views that I do about the tortuous impact of that federal bureaucracy. And I think part of a lot of the stuff that we might argue against, what I'll call the woke stuff or whatever, is really just woke smoke to deflect accountability for the failures of that bureaucracy. Right, you take the Federal Department of Education, Right, you know what the woke smoke is. Math is racist. You've heard people say this, it's forget about the forget about the smoke. Don't fall for the smoke, fall for the reality that they have failed to teach our kids how to do math for those last forty years.
Speaker 2: You want to rise and fall of the third Reich, and you'll see how what's going on right now in this country is too close to comfort.
Speaker 4: What happened.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people would hear you say that, Charle Mane, and I'm one of them who worry about all right, forget about the labels. If we have a country that says that, you know what, if you say something on social media and you like to retweeted a post of one particular political candidate, you're the subject of a subpoena. And we have a candidate of a different party who says that we need to tie your social media account to your government issued ID, and the government gets to see every time you've liked or retweeted a social media post. That that would be pretty frightening. Yet that's exactly in the Jack Smith investigation of Donald Trump. The subpoena includes literally on Twitter. You guys use Twitter, anybody who hit like or retweet you want the government to be able to include that as part of a subpoena. And you've got Nikki Haley coming over from the so called right saying that actually you need to actually have used your.
Speaker 4: Social media period.
Speaker 1: And I don't think the government officials should be able to intrude on what you're saying on the internet if you're actually saying it with your expressing your opinion, and have the ability to actually come up to you and question you based on what you said. Either. That sounds a lot like the third Wreck of Germany to me. So you could cut this a lot of different ways. The infringements on free speech. To say that if you said the COVID pandemic originated in a lab in China, We're going to lock your account. You can't say that.
Speaker 4: That's what Trump wants to do to media who goes against him.
Speaker 1: Well, why I'm talking about something very specific here during the COVID nineteen pandemic. It wasn't it wasn't Donald Trump that that wanted this.
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 1: I think that both political parties are full of shit. Okay, now, both political parties are full of shame. I think both political parties are full of shit. I agree with you on that the repub and that's you know, a lot of the influence, actually the influence of money that's really the problem, because it's some of the same donors who are writing multimillion dollar checks that are pulling the strings of both of these people. Like puppets. They're like pawns on a chess board. And so that's why I spent I mean, I got probably more connections to be able to raise outside money into superpacks or whatever, but I don't want to do that. I'd rather put thirty million of my own money. I'd rather do that than to be somebody else's circus monkey or pawn on a chessboard, which is what basically, both political parties have become.
Speaker 3: A shame full of sh its, like both sides and call salespeople. Nothing ever changes. We had the same thing over and over.
Speaker 1: I don't think it has to say that one first, But don't you think it's a shame that we're not even Canada anymore? A shame that every.
Speaker 2: Presidential election we're voting for the lesser of two evils.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 4: And I will say is cons when I hear you, and here.
Speaker 1: We preach to the Republican Party for a second, because this is what I said, This is my whole last message in the last two months of the campaign, troll, the Republican Party has become lazy, Bucklin Barty has become lazy because we are just criticizing the vision of the other side, and then let's start. I'll give you a vision of you know, we we'll complain about I'll complain about it, race, gender, sexuality, climate correct, complain about that without offering an alternative vision of our own. What do we actually stand for? And I'll be the first person acknowledge that is missing in the Republican Party today, an actual alternative vision. Biden bad is not an agenda. And yet the reason why we got trounced in that midterm, relative to what should have happened, I wasn't. I don't think it was because abortion. I don't think it was because of Trump. Those are all things that people failed to you know, just blame game stuff. The real reason is Biden bad is not an agenda. We have to offer an alternative vision of what we stand for. So if we're talking race, gender, sexuality, and climate over here, we'll talk over here about individual, family, nation, and God. It's an alternativision. You could agree or disagree with it. The value of each individual, the value of the family as a grounding institution, the value of the nation. I'm a citizen of this nation, not some nebulous global citizen. Fighting climate change in Davos. No, I'm a citizen of this nation, and I have an obligation to my fellow citizens and God in the same way as a leader. As I'm a father of two sons. My moral obligation as a father is to my family and to my son's period, and I won't be shaken in that. Well, then my moral obligation as a president of this nation is to the citizens of this nation, not another one, not just to people who agree with me, people on the South side of Chicago to Kensington, to everywhere else that I've visited in this campaign. All of those are equally included as Americans. But that's still what it means to be an American. And yes, we are one nation under God. And you know what, if more of us acknowledge that, do you think we'd be more united or more divided. I think we'd be more united. And I say this as somebody who has been hit for having a slightly different relation than the most predominant religion in the country. I still think it's a good thing for us technoledge that we were one nation under God. You could agree or not with that vision. I think it's a winning vision. For the Republican Party, that you are an individual and I'm an individual. We're not riding the tectonic plates of group identity. You're Charlemagne and you're DJNV, and I'm me, and I'm an agent in this world that can achieve whatever I want, not writing somebody else's tectonic plate. That I'm a family and a member of a family, and that there's a mother and a father involved and that's inherently a good thing, and that the nuclear family is the greatest form of governance known to mad.
Speaker 2: After Republican Party, though they've been the party in the Confederacy forever.
Speaker 1: So listen, I'm coming in. I've said this since day one. I was using the Republican Party as a vehicle to advance a pro American agenda, and it made people mad when I said it. Roni McDaniel, I don't know if you know she is. She's the chairman woman of the RNC. She after the third Debate or whatever, said I would not get another scent of funding from the RNC. I mean, almost proven my point about the managerial interest, and so yes, I will admit it. I was and am and if there's a future we'll be using the Republican Party as a vehicle to advance a pro American agenda. It's not about Republicans and Democrats. I think it is about the managerial class. We can talk about what that means. It's the bureaucracy in government. Outside of government, the people you know, staffing the boards of some nonprofit, the associate dean of God knows what at a university, the undersecretary of something else. In the administrative state. It's the managerial class versus the everyday citizen.
Speaker 2: I think we need multiparty systems. And the reason I think we need multiparty systems is because those terms Republican and Democrat both are too radioactive. The only thing I'll say about multiparty system as soon as you hit one, you already label a person. As soon as you hit oldest person's that you label. As soon as you hit this person that you label them.
Speaker 1: We need a multipartiesis the only thing I'll say about multiparty system. Is you go to a place like India or whatever. Right, My myand parents immigrants from India, and you think it's bad here, It's like horrific over there. You got a multi party system. But people will just be shipping TVs into people's houses as a way to just get their vote. And I think it's less about two party versus multi party. It's more about actually us, right, So we can all blame the system, but I think part of the problem is we as people were conditioned to behave like sheep. Actually, I think all. I mean, there's an inner part of us that's a lion, and an inner part of us that is a sheep, and I think right now we live in a moment where the inner sheep has taken over. I think it's a big part of it. In kids, I would ban social media in kids under the age of sixteen. I would get phones out of the high schools. I mean, let's just start with basics that we can agree on. Out of the board. The algorithms train you to behave like a sheep, because the more you behave like a sheep, the more it is you're likely to click buy. Actually, that's what That's what Mark Zuckerberg's basic insight was. You know what the site was on Harvard's campus. I was a year behind him in college when Facebook came out, But you know what the predecessor site was to Facebook, was youre familiar the story is hot or not? That was the that was original Facebook. So he was a sophomore. I was a freshman, and I was one of the early you know, people who got in the what became Facebook. But the first thing was he would just blast it out to you, rip pictures from the Harvard directory, get two pictures, and then there'd be all kinds of games they'd make it. And the whole game was how quickly you would click on one of them versus another, and that would be his window into your soul. Actually, like that was the insight. Now they got him for inappropriately using Harvard property, and so he left and just decided this is working so well, I'm just going to do it separately. That became not only Facebook, but became the backbone of an entire industry designed to prey on your insecurities, on our insecurities, to open a window into your soul that is deeper than you have into your own. And that's the whole game. And so the more you behave like a sheep, and that's what modern AI is actually going to be very good at doing. Is you know, the best antidote to AI is people going to call me crazy person for saying this and misquote me, take it out of context, but I don't care. The best antidote to AI actually is I think a revival of faith in the country because I think that part of what actually these algorithms do is they prey on an inner vacuum, and that I think has created this nation of sheep. So in some ways we can blame two party systems or this or that. Nothing's going to change until we all actually have an honest introspection about who we really are.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got a piece. We got to wrap this up for.
Speaker 2: I think what you just said is great, but you need to start with yourself because you have better ideas than a Donald Trump's.
Speaker 4: So there's no need to be his sheep.
Speaker 1: Need to be the best person to lead this country forward.
Speaker 4: There's no need to be his life. I disagree with your characters. I believe you're better than that personally.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the conversation we're having here, and I think that we need more of this in the country. I don't think we need people continue to just talk and feed their own echo chambers. I think we need more of this, And so next time we're in New York with some time. You have my word, I'll swing by if you'll have me pop up.
Speaker 2: We did a whole podcast. How long is that right? I went already, Mass you gotta go on my guys show too, Man Flagrant with sho Okay, oh the Shultz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you was supposed to do it, but I think you had to reschedule.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, I think I'm seeing him soon. Be vake that, I say, right, vi veke the vac.
Speaker 3: All right, Ram Swam, and we appreciate you for joining us again. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good to see man wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club