Speaker 1: This radio.
Speaker 2: Media outlet Breakfast Club. You then we're coming here when this day, DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 3: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 1: It's really it's one.
Speaker 4: Of my favorite shows to do, just because y'all always keeping one honey, y'all keep it real.
Speaker 5: But what better place than than here? I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start out there.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to shake it up?
Speaker 5: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo Charlamagne, the God piece to the planet.
Speaker 1: Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? Good morning, Good morning, another day to serve.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: How y'all feeling out there? It's Wednesday, middle of the week, hump day. I feel blessed, black and high favored. Man.
Speaker 4: You know, if you don't know, if you just heard us talking just now, there was a cushion in my chair. I didn't understand why there was a cushion in my chair because I don't sick with a cushion in my chair.
Speaker 8: That's your cushion.
Speaker 5: That is my cushion?
Speaker 1: You got heroids?
Speaker 8: So what is it? No?
Speaker 9: No, Actually, well, we have these cameras in the studio, and because the way that the cameras are shot, if I don't have a cushion to make me sit a little higher, the mic actually blocks my face. So the cushion allows me to sit just to titch highest, so I sit over the mic.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I don't want to sit on no cushion.
Speaker 4: The reason I don't want to sit on no cushion because I don't want to set any false expectations for people, because sometimes you know, people meet me and anyway, if you look taller on TV, you look taller on nan and that, And I'm like, nah, brother, I don't know. I don't know how that's possible.
Speaker 1: I get the opposite all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm five to six, well, five six, five seven, I get the opposite all the time.
Speaker 5: I get opposite. I thought you a lot shorter, That's what they say all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't understand that logic, Like how do I how do I how does a five to seven person look tall on TV?
Speaker 8: I am what I am? Y'all?
Speaker 5: Okay, why did you keep stretching it?
Speaker 9: Yesterday he said you were five six, but you said you were five to six yesterday.
Speaker 5: Said that just now too, you just said you're five to.
Speaker 1: Seven, five six, five seven.
Speaker 5: You lie, man, you're like five four.
Speaker 8: Man, that's a damn line.
Speaker 1: That ain't no.
Speaker 4: Five. I'm getting a check somewhere, okay for what a dwarf status. That's not a dwarf status. Let me the size of the tailor tailor, tailor short and whatever status? How tall is do all? Because Dull was like an inch away from getting a check. If he was like an inch short, that he'd have got a check.
Speaker 5: That's a thing for real. If that shot? What what? What kind of check is it?
Speaker 4: I think like a disability I promised it's like a disability check.
Speaker 8: And then how much do you get?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're if you're suffering for an extreme condition called dwarf ism, hold on.
Speaker 8: I just googled it. Oh my gosh, you know, it's so funny. I didn't even know what the googles.
Speaker 1: I just google.
Speaker 8: Dwarfs get checks right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you get some type of you get some type of disability benefit for being short?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's a dwarf would be five let me see what qualified to make you a dwarf? What quality to make you a man?
Speaker 4: You know how rich the Seven Dwarfs was when I think about it, especially if they was pooling their resources. Oh boy, hold on, what is this? What qualifies you as a dwarf?
Speaker 1: Somebody's listening there right now, like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Dwarf's calling right now? Trying to four feet ten inches. Yeah, that's the ball four eleven. He just missed Jesus Christ, he just missed it. He just missed it.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking today. On the show, Kevin Gates will be joining us. He has an album, The Ceremony, which comes out this Friday. So we're gonna kick it with Kevin Gates. You say something about the brother Kevin Gates with the Ceremony man. His album uh is a soundtracked healing and we're gonna talk to him.
Speaker 4: And the bake Ramaswami is v v Ramaswami. But Vake Ramaswami, it's vv it's Vake. It's Bake Ramaswami.
Speaker 5: He'll be joining us in a little bit, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning, morning, everybody. It's the j Envy Charlamagne de goud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news all.
Speaker 1: Right now, mister quick sports.
Speaker 9: Tristan Thompson, he was hit with a twenty five game suspension after that'st and positive for having drugs in his system.
Speaker 4: Now, come on now, at this point in his career, shooting Tristan Thompson have some drugs in this system? Like, I mean, for real, man, Tristan Thompson is thirty two years old. That's you know, that's kind of old in the NBA years. He's been around for a long time. Like like, let me see how long kase Christan Thompson been in the League' been in late for a little bit. At least he's been in the lead for a long time. Man, Like at this point, King the man take a little bit of performance in dancing, drunks Jesus dress. You don't think so seriously, No, at this point in his career, man, No, he's been around for all right, man, Okay, No, I mean, I just feel like he's been around for a long time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: And also, Milwaukee Bucks have fired head coach Adrian Griffin, which is pretty strange because the Bucks are doing pretty well right now.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're definitely underachievement. I mean they're doing well, but they're under achievement. They have Damien Lyland and Giannis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but they had second place then the not doing that behind Boston. Yeah, Boston's is a squad.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they could be doing better personally, but you know, yeah, and I'm sure somebody on the team probably was complaining.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well it looks like it seems like they're gonna be hiring doc Rivers.
Speaker 5: So we'll see how that work.
Speaker 4: And when I say somebody on the team, I mean Jannis, Okay, the big dog.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, now let's talk about Trump. Good Morning, Test the.
Speaker 10: Morning DJ, Good morning, Charlott Mane the god p ted.
Speaker 11: Well, the election was last night. Hopefully people chimed in and watch. A lot of folks didn't even know it was a primary last night, but it was a primary in New Hampshire. Fifty four percent of the vote went to Donald Trump winning the New Hampshire primary. It happened pretty fast. Associated Press called their race pretty fast. Hey, Nicki Haley did pull in forty three percent. Now, during his victory speech. He said, Nicki Hayley was doing a speech like she won. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: But she's doing like a speech like she won.
Speaker 1: She didn't win. She lost.
Speaker 7: And you know, last week we had a little bit of a problem. And if you remember, Ron was very upset because she ran up and she pretended she won Iowa. And I looked around, I said, didn't she come in third? Yeah, she came in third. And then I looked at the polls. She was talking about most winnability, who's going to win? And I had one put up. I don't know if you see it, but I have one put up. We've won almost every single poll in the last three months against crooked Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: Almost every pole, and she doesn't win.
Speaker 7: Those falls and she doesn't windows. This is not your typical victory speech. But let's not have somebody take a victory when she had a very bad night.
Speaker 4: And we are headed toward the rematch. None of us won, okay, Joe Biden versus Donald Trump. And it's clear when you see the numbers Nikki was able to pull. Some Republicans are clearly looking for something different, and they deserve something different. We all deserve something different. I keep staying it over and over. I w was the gopeople move away from Trump, and I was Democrats move away from Biden.
Speaker 8: But we're here now is what we got.
Speaker 1: Why don't you think she just pulls out from now on?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 9: Why is she still gonna fight for South Carolina? Why she's gonna continue to race.
Speaker 10: Yes, she says she's gonna run the table. She says she's gonna go all the way to the end.
Speaker 11: And just so guys understand, this is the point she also made last night, great question DJM, and she said this is just one state. Io was just one state. She's gonna go all the way to them. Member Berney Sanders did the same thing, and the quote unquote establishment was a set. You know, when Berney Sanders stayed to the end. He wanted every vote to count. And so we actually talk about these numbers where they said she had a very bad night. One hundred and sixty three thousand people voted for Trump, one hundred and twenty nine thousand people still voted for Nikki Hayley. So it's not like, you know, when you really look at the numbers, how many people came out, how many people actually voted for her forty three percent, you know, to be kind of going at it by herself. It's not really a bad showing that. We'll see how she does in South Carolina. Some folks say that she's possibly staying in to see what's gonna happen with these ninety one criminal charges. You know, something happens and all of a sudden, you need somebody else to get on the ballot. Sh'll have those numbers. So she's just at this point, I believe, running to win. But then we also say sometimes folks are just running, you know, to get the message out.
Speaker 4: But during his speech, trumps and also everything you said is absolutely correct.
Speaker 8: But also she simply still got money to.
Speaker 4: Spend, and that's why it's got tens of millions of doctors to still spend him donus.
Speaker 9: And I was going to ask that, like in these racist should they be a cap of how much money they can spend, Like we talked to Dean Phillips and he spent like, you know, I think twenty thirty forty million dollars and viva today. When we speak to him, I'm sure he's gonna tell us he spent a large amount of money. But if they spending all this money and they're losing, and they don't get this money back.
Speaker 1: They can't write it off. Should they be a cap which means a fair.
Speaker 11: Well, that's called campaign finance for form. A lot of people are pushing for that, but some folks are running for a pr campaign. You know, I won't say that about I don't believe that's what Nicky Haley is doing. Former governor, former you know, all of the accolades that she brings to the table. But some people think that investment is worth it, you know, to be able to be known to run the second time. Ron DeSantis is made clear the path for him in twenty twenty eight. So a lot of candidates see it as an investment, you know, to push push the message, and some folks just get in over the head and lose it all.
Speaker 10: But a couple of things I want to point out.
Speaker 11: Trump also talked about Tim Scott, who, by the way, remember Tim Scott became the first African American senator who was appointed thanks to Nicki Haley, and Trump pointed out how Scott must really hate Nicky Haley because he endorsed Trump, and then Scott expressed his love for Trump I want you guys to listen to this.
Speaker 7: Did you ever think that she actually appointed you, Tim, and think of it appointed and you're the senator of his state and she endorsed me. You must really hate her. No, it's it's a shame.
Speaker 5: It's I just love you.
Speaker 7: No, that's that's why he's a great politician.
Speaker 4: There is absolutely the reason to love a politician that much. Okay, I mean, god damn. He could have followed that with a tongue kiss.
Speaker 1: I just love you.
Speaker 4: I just want to have done them from the back. You know you didn't they go together? I almost know you didn't. It wants to be VP. That's discusting.
Speaker 5: He's playing the VP card.
Speaker 1: That's that's discussed like, that's disgusting.
Speaker 10: Listen, let me tell you quickly about Democrats.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Charlemagne, No, go ahead, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 10: I just want to take quick back. We had some time. Joe Budden was Joe Budden.
Speaker 11: Joe Biden was not on the ballot, but still folks voted for him as well. So the Democrat primary, about fifty four thousand people voted for Joseph Biden. Dean Phillips, the candidate that you guys just mentioned, twenty thousand people voted for him. Mary Ann Williamson five thousand people voted for her. But looking how many people wrote in fourteen thousand, almost fifteen thousand people wrote in a candidate. Some folks were writing in ceasefire, some folks were writing in just random names. So that all also shows you that's a problem where people are literally taking time to go to the polls and write in somebody else.
Speaker 4: That's going You're gonna see a lot of that in November. And listen, I don't know what's gonna happen in November.
Speaker 8: I really don't.
Speaker 4: But when you see Trump win in these primaries and they are dominating the news cycle, it just seems like all the momentum is on Trump's side. Like like you just said, Biden won the New Hampshire primary last night off just writings and it's not a story at all. Like now, Democrats truly do not know how to message any wins.
Speaker 8: It's beyond scrange to me.
Speaker 9: All right, well that is front page news test. We'll see you next hour. What we're talking about.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're gonna talk about you live in New York City. You might be getting your medical dead wiped away, which is a good thing.
Speaker 10: Two billion dollars to pay some bills for you folks.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll talk about that next hour. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open, it's to breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club. Is it your time to get it off.
Speaker 2: Your chest, whether you're mad or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 5: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Allow, who's this?
Speaker 13: You'll have no fear but to toe suckers here?
Speaker 1: How's everybody?
Speaker 5: Cloud?
Speaker 1: Bless?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Why are you calling us? Bro?
Speaker 13: So listen, let me talk so Envy. I think you should do a Super Bowl commercial, right you like cause? But first you gotta shave your funny looking bed because you look kind of weird. And secondly, Flavor Flavor from Public Enemy has a new record here his mind. Taylor, swift, Chelsea and get flavor Flavor. Try. You need to get with a brother and don't be shy. Give him some all right, Taylor?
Speaker 1: Is the funny part is you laughing at yourself?
Speaker 4: You really call it up. This is a premeditated call. You knew exactly what you wanted to say, and then you laughed at it and it didn't stick.
Speaker 8: It wasn't funny. He was trash.
Speaker 4: It wasn't funny. And I did like what he said about your bed. But he was wrong because you don't have to shave anything off. All you got to do is get a wet white, wipe it right off.
Speaker 1: Gone.
Speaker 5: I think your joke and his joker.
Speaker 4: That's not Mine's not a joke. Good morning, Let me do it right now, then come do it. Somebody nothing to see him?
Speaker 8: I bet you see nothing?
Speaker 5: Hello, good morning, good morning? What's happening?
Speaker 1: What's up? What's that?
Speaker 5: What's you name?
Speaker 1: Brother? Hey? This is the lady man call him from Georgia. Man, I'm here on the road on the truck dround. If I was just calling these guys, I wanted to get off my test. Why is just not on the show? What happened? Why is just hilarious? Not on the show? Charlamagne? While you like you, you know what's going on? Which you see you approach? Listen?
Speaker 4: Just Larry's had the podcast called the Carefully Reckless Podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio Podcast Network. A new episode drops today. That's right, she's on the road every weekend. She's doing a damn thing too.
Speaker 1: Don't give us that political stuff, man, that's not political. I just told you that.
Speaker 4: She has a podcast called the Carefully Reckless Podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio Podcast Network. A new episode comes out today. You can go to the Black Effect Store, man. You can go to the Black Effects Store for merch too. Go to Black Effect dot com. You can get Black Effect merchandise as well.
Speaker 1: All right, no doubt, all right, brother, but do me a favor though, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Come on you in the chuck, let's go.
Speaker 1: What happened on man? That's not nasty. That was disgusting.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: And by the way, why you're gonna say what happened?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: You said what happened?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: I said, huh like what happened? And you said what happened? You know what he was talking about droppers out there. I'll been saying for them, rus like, I know what you was talking about. He's gonna get mad hunted.
Speaker 1: What happened? What did you say? What will happened?
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't hear that's why I don't say hunt on, I say what happen? What happened?
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eighty five? What I want to get it off your chest? It's the breakfast Lug, Good morning.
Speaker 5: The breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one you want to hear from you on the breakfast club?
Speaker 1: Hello? Who's this this church? What up from Detroit Church? What up?
Speaker 5: Doe? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 1: Two things?
Speaker 5: First, there be here you go slip dropping?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: Did I also want to ask if I can get an autographic book from both of y'all?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I got you man, My baby, Real life is out now. And then uh, we got a new book that's dropping to a real life, Real family where we talk about raising our six kids every you know from twenty two years old too?
Speaker 1: All right? That sounded like a player. Hey, can I get a rush the piece white quick? So, of course, bro I would like to give a.
Speaker 2: Rust and piece to my cousin, Capon Edwards Detroit CC.
Speaker 5: Okay, bro hold on, so we get your addes? All right? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 1: This is y'all?
Speaker 12: Do by cousin Tia.
Speaker 5: My cousin. I would do by cousin Tia.
Speaker 12: Y'all do by cousin Tia.
Speaker 1: I called last year, I was, I was. I wasn't Dubai twice last year.
Speaker 12: I know you was in Dubai. I know. So that's the good thing. I need to get off of my chest. So y'all came out here. DJ MB you tell me you was gonna pull up when you're gonna hit how at my husband? DJ King Cooper. We heard dog kiss your foot?
Speaker 8: I heard dog kisser foot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 8: I never heard that.
Speaker 1: What the hell you from? I ain't. I'm from the country country, raised on the dirt road.
Speaker 12: On North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I'm from I'm from Mounts corn and Soccer Line. I ain't.
Speaker 8: Never heard nobody say I ain't heard a dog kisser foot.
Speaker 12: Well, now you got something new to put in your arse, Okay, But no, l man, I wanted to thank you and big up you for putting the UAE on the map. I had called to tell y'all I peep out here and a lot of the times people don't want to visit because of funk information that they hear. And I just appreciate you sharing that positivity and all the good things about the UAE.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate it it now hold on you, assistant from North Carolina. I spent majority of my time in Abu Dhabi. I love Abu Dhabi. Now, every single blood that's actually where I live. Okay, every single black woman from America that I met in Abu Dhabi, and you tell me if I'm if this is true or not. They literally say to me, I feel like a white man in America over here.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know how white man in America feels, but I feel safe and protected, and I've been able to start a business and ex floorish. I feel like I'm thriving over here.
Speaker 4: So so yes, I mean literally every single black woman I met that lives in Abu Dhabi says that to me. And I think people don't even realize the constitution in Abu Dhabi. Under the Constitution in Abu Dhabi, it says, women enjoyed this same legal status, claim the titles access to education, the right to practice professions, and the right to inherit property as men. Women are also guaranteed the same access to employment, health and family welfare facilities, and man it feels like it.
Speaker 1: When I was over there, I felt like it was reflected from what I saw.
Speaker 5: Now I enjoyed it.
Speaker 12: I've been here for almost nine years, so that tells you like something. Obviously, something's going right, and I just feel like the media has just put such a bad light when you see stuff sharing on social media and some people just run with it without knowing what it actually is. So I just really appreciate y'all shining.
Speaker 1: That light on it.
Speaker 5: I'm back out this year.
Speaker 9: I think I'm booked for the summertime out out there this year again, so we'll be back out there. And you know, when I go out there, I bring the whole family, so be for the six kids, the wife and everybody. We all come out there and have a good time and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 12: I hope that you enjoy when you come back out Hopefully. I'm gonna say again my husband at DJ King Cooper and I'm at Pia text the world if y'all come out, pull up. I told y'all last time I called, I have a trap age se y'all bring people out here to travel. So if any of the listeners wanting to come out, YEP, I got y'all.
Speaker 4: Absolutely a little appreciate you can him telling her. And that's what places like the UAE get right, that you know, America gets wrong. All people want is upward mobility in safety. Upward mobility in safety.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's what we think about every single day.
Speaker 4: How can we stay safe and how can we keep some food on the table and the roof over our head to live comfortable.
Speaker 1: That's it. It ain't rocket science, people, all right.
Speaker 9: Now, when we come back, we got your room of report, we'll tell you about the Oscar. The Oscar nominations will release, we'll tell you about that. And also y F and Lucci looks like he's coming on. We'll get it to you when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Go morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's the j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 5: Let's talk.
Speaker 1: Wif and Lucci a name or you gossip chatty. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: This was Tea spills right now.
Speaker 9: Why fil Lucci was sentenced to twenty years in prison. But they're saying he will likely only serve three and a half months.
Speaker 1: And this is the reason why, all right, crash, thank you so much. Well, let's talk about this.
Speaker 6: Y F n.
Speaker 14: Lucci has accepted a plea deal in a RICO case that predates that hy A Cell case.
Speaker 10: The rapper, whose real name is ray Sean.
Speaker 14: Bennett, was sentenced to ten years in prison after pleading guilty to one count of violation of the Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act. He is one of a dozen men indicted on racketeering and RICO charges back in twenty twenty one. The group's are charges are related to alleged involvement with the Blood's Street gang. According to court documents, prosecutors could write a letter to the parole board recommending release when eligible records show that he has been in jail for.
Speaker 10: Nearly three years.
Speaker 8: It's only been three years longer than that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so he got three years. So he got like what she said, he got served twenty ten. Ten was to actually be in prison. Ten was supposed to be on probation. And if you know you're get in jail, I usually have to do seventy percent of the time. So that would be three years, which he served, and I think it's up in three and a half months, and they're saying that his lawyers and the prosecutor is actually going to allow him to leave in three and a half months, So that's what they're saying. So he should be home by the summer time.
Speaker 1: Well, the judicial system did his job.
Speaker 5: You know, you care about the oscars and all that. Do I care about the Oscar nomination?
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say I care, but you know, I do respect people who create art, and I know that they care, you know. So yeah, I mean I personally don't care, but I salute everybody who you know is nominated. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any of these movies? Best Picture of American Fiction?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I've seen American Fiction, Great Film, Barbie, Not the Nazee.
Speaker 9: Bob, The Holdovers, Killers of the Flower Moon, Maestro Oppenheimer, Past Lives, Poor Things, The Zone of Interest.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any of those? One of the only one of those I saw it was an American Fiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, those are all nominated for Best Picture, Best Supporting act just uh would be uh? Danielle Brooks from The Color Purple, South Carolina's The One Drop on The Clues Bond for Danielle Brooks. Okay, and that's the only time Color Purple was actually nominated. Really, Yeah, Oppenheimen leads the pack with thirteen nominations. My wife watched it the other night. I fell asleep on it, but she watched it. She said she was it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: I would have done Color Purple would have got more nominations than that. I wonder if they got.
Speaker 9: That's why I was looking. That's why I actually did that, because I was actually looking for it. But I wonder if they got backlash.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they got backlash because of uh, you know, the depressed that it was getting, you know, the stuff that the Roger p Henson and you know, I wonder if they got backlash because of that.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I wonder.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure or you know, Hollywood don't like to be called out, you know what I'm saying right, in no way, shape or forms. I wondered because I feel like, I mean, I don't know. I felt I felt like it should have been more people nominated from the film, but I didn't see it either.
Speaker 9: So yeah, absolutely, now this concert is back. I'm pretty excited about it. I probably won't go, but I would love I might just go check this out. The Lovers and Friends Concert is back. You know, it's a concert that Usher puts on each and every year in Vegas. It's crazy that I just realized this was Usher's concert. I just thought they was naming it the Lovers and Friends uh concert, just because you know the title of the song. I didn't realize that was this was Usher's actual show that he promotes.
Speaker 5: This is Usher show.
Speaker 8: I did not know that. Tol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is the Lovers and Friends Show.
Speaker 5: What's happening? May fourth? Now, listen to some of these people on this right.
Speaker 9: Janet Jackson, Lil Wayne Nas, The Backstreet Boys, Gwen Stefani, TLC, Nelly, Snoop Dogg, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, j rul Ashanti, T Pain, Timberland, Keisha Cole, Brandy, Monica, Eve, Kelly Rowland, Sean Paul Black, Jo Deasy, h, Jason Derulo, Robin Thick, Tyresee, Method Man, Redman, Gezy, Fat, Joe t I, Macey, Forty s w V, Escape, Tank, Jeremiah, It's too Much Dream Pretty, Ricky, Genuine, Mario Maya.
Speaker 1: Palice, Lloyd Drew, Hill, Kerry Hills too short, four.
Speaker 9: Twist, Paul Yon being a little flip applies memes, tweet, and Nina Sky.
Speaker 8: Come on, there's too many traits, too many advertites.
Speaker 9: I'm four total Blackno, this is Marie John b one twelve j Kwon?
Speaker 5: Am I a t pain?
Speaker 1: If I'm a party promoter?
Speaker 8: All I hear is scratch scrash.
Speaker 1: How the hell Usher?
Speaker 4: Usher and his team must be the most patient people on the planet that have to deal with every single one of those individuals to put together a show.
Speaker 1: How many days is it?
Speaker 9: It's usually a two day show, but this is when it says Saturday, May fourth, But it's usually a two day show, so maybe it's only a one day show.
Speaker 4: Jesus, I know it sells out every year. I mean, how can it not with all those people on there? Jesus Christ seems like stressed.
Speaker 9: And lastly, a comedian or a philosopher by the name of Little Duvall said this yesterday on Twitter on Instagram, he said, y'all be hating on the Breakfast Club like it ain't our coaches biggest platform we got left. If they end where else, y'all gonna go promote and he was talking about the Breakfast Club, and I was recently put out that the Breakfast Club is the most listened to hip hop and R and B show.
Speaker 5: I think the Radio Hall of Fame put that out there.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you to the good brother Lula Duvall for that. I've never been a type to focus on the so called haters, though. I also don't call everyone haters because the Breakfast Club's in your cup of tea, that's fine. Like I don't focus on the people who don't like us, because I'm busy super serving the people who do.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 8: Thank you to the eight million monthly listeners on the radio.
Speaker 4: Thank preciate the fifteen to twenty million downards a month on the Breakfast Club podcast. Thank you to the over five million YouTube subscribers. Thank you for everybody who follows us on social media. Social media and numbers are healthy. Thank you for you know, keeping us on the radio for fourteen years. We fourteen years in man appreciate it. Hey, so we are more than blessed. I truly thank God for it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, as how does y'all think your favorite podcast is?
Speaker 5: Ain't none of them?
Speaker 9: On the Breakfast club level statistically facts, not an opinion, or as diverse and consistent for our culture as a whole. If there's one platform we can't afford to hate on, it's them. We barely got anything now, y'all see we not even on TV.
Speaker 8: No more like that.
Speaker 5: But just like everything else, you won't see until it's over.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you a little absolute everybody.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: It's so many different platforms out here doing anything from million dollars worth of game, the drink Champs.
Speaker 1: The Club, the Pivot, I mashal the Pivot.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm blessed to be in partnership with a lot of them through the Black Effect, our radio podcast network, people like the eighty five South Show and you know, horrible decisions allay smoke.
Speaker 8: Thank you. That's all I can say.
Speaker 4: Thank you to the listeners I got five four times from radio before Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: I don't have a college degree.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm an expelling with gun and drug charges and I got a list and I make a living talking. God is good. Hey, God is good. Thank you, God, Thank you to all our listeners. Don't I don't focus on now You're who who not feeling us? That's not feeling that's fine. It costs you nothing, pay us no more.
Speaker 9: Started off doing mixtapes and doing clubs in New York for fifty dollurs. Hey man, so God is good and like you said, we already in the radio Hall of Fame. We just happened to still be playing. That's all I have left to say is, you know, did haters, we have so much more to be mad at. Okay, just be patient, all right, we have so much more coming for you.
Speaker 5: That's like a positive negative like ded haters, like a positive de hat You.
Speaker 1: Have so much more for you.
Speaker 5: If you think you're just waiting to the summer, I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, we ain't got nothing for nothing that. We don't even got a third call.
Speaker 1: No, I about that?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: Do we get that from?
Speaker 8: I'm just in here talking tough.
Speaker 1: Like you know that?
Speaker 8: Do that what I'm just in there talking to Hey, we ain't got nothing happening.
Speaker 1: Gates clothes.
Speaker 8: He's just balking, all right. We don't even got a third damn call. Now, we don't.
Speaker 5: We can't even figure out. Oh Lord Lord, have mercy Monday.
Speaker 1: That is your rumor would be one day. I don't know it has to be.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing these roomors anym I'm not doing moom as much. We just gonna stay ahead, look at each other and do whatever they tell you. We're gonna be looking at each other and you know who day is.
Speaker 8: We ain't nothing but plans now, plans now.
Speaker 4: So okay's gotta start snorting, all right, mama business when we.
Speaker 9: Come back, we got front page news, and then Kevin Gates will be joining us. And don't go anywhere as the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: It's the j n V.
Speaker 9: Charlemagne the Guide. We are the breakfast Club. Now let's get to some front page news.
Speaker 10: What's up ties, Good morning DJ, and the good morning Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 9: Now let's talk about this. Two billion in medical bills wiped out.
Speaker 10: Yes, this is good news.
Speaker 11: We don't often have a chance to spread good news, so I love this story. Mayor Eric Adams announced Monday that New York City intends to wipe out more than two billion dollars in medical death for up to five hundred thousand residents. The city is working with a company called Rip Medical Debt. It's a nonprofit that buys medical debt in bulk from hospitals and debt collectors for pennies on the dollar. The group talus people with low incomes or financial hardships, and then forgives the amount. Now under the program, the city will spend eighteen million over three years. Adam said for middle and working class New Yorkers, medical bills can be financially devastating. Working class families often have to choose between paying the medical bills or basic essentials that they need to go through life. The mayor said that the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical debt. He said, this is the largest program of its kind, but RIP has worked with other cities across the country, so good news.
Speaker 4: Hope that work with some more probing includes bond from Mayor Eric Adams. That's dope, you know what I mean, got to give gotta give up props with propsies due. That is incredible because that's all folks want is financial relief. If you are an elected official, that's all you should be thinking about.
Speaker 8: How do I put money in.
Speaker 4: People's pocket and how do I keep people safe. It's really that simple. That's all we want as American citizens. We want to have some money in our pocket, and we want to and we want to feel safe.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it's scary if you ever have to go to emergency room where you taking kids in the emergency room, it feels like they make you fill out all this infram about you know, your health benefits, if you have a medical card, if this, if that, you have insurance, and all these.
Speaker 1: Things before you get to actually see the doctor of the.
Speaker 5: Nurse, which just seems strange.
Speaker 9: You're in an emergency room for a health scare, something that's bothering you, something that you think you could it could be horrible, worse dying, whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: But the first thing they do is to see if you have health coverage.
Speaker 1: Yes, because cash rules everything around me?
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: That sounds crazy?
Speaker 1: Takes me first? How the doctors come see me first? And then you know what, you're not gonna see me.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, but you know we should start saying capitalism rules everything around me, you know what I mean, because that's what it is.
Speaker 1: There's nothing in this country that the money don't make moves.
Speaker 4: So it don't matter if it's healthcare, no matter if it's education, whatever it is, starts with the money.
Speaker 1: So once again, that's.
Speaker 4: Why every elected officials should be thinking about how do I put money in people's pockets and how do I keep people sick?
Speaker 10: And how do I market it after I do it? How do you let people know that you actually did this money?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 11: This is why it's important. Now one more thing, guys, if you want to go to the super b listen up. If you want to go see the Detroit Lions, they say, who are going to the Seuerwols. I don't know if it's gonna be down with the forty nine ers, but anyway, if you want to go to the superwowl to. Red Cross is coming up with a creative way to get people to help with the national blood shortage.
Speaker 10: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 15: During a national blood shortage saying it is experiencing the lowest number of people giving blood in the last twenty years, leaders are calling on everyone who can donate to please roll up your sleeves and donate. Red Cross officials say numbers are low and the organization is coming up with a creative way to get donors through the door. Just by donating through the month of January, you will then be entered to win a trip for you and a guest to the super Bowl in Las Vegas.
Speaker 9: That's mot I think that's what. I think a lot of people are doing it. I just feel like with the American Red Cross, and maybe it's just me. When I was a lot younger, I would see a lot of blood drives, like I would see them do it more often. It would be on television, it would be on you would hear it on the radio. But I just don't see it as much anymore. Have you seen you, Challa man when they talk about bloodroos anymore?
Speaker 4: Be totally honest with you, man. As soon as I heard about anybody going to the super Bowl, I tune out. As the Dallas Cowboys, I'm I'm not. I don't even know what the hell y'all talking about. Didn't even when you said Red Cross, I was like, I drew a blink. Soon as I heard them giving away free Diggs to the super Bowl, I just drill blink. I'm not even jo I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry for not sorry.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Well, well I do what let me bring it?
Speaker 11: This is national blood, Adona DJ and you brought up a good point where you said you don't see it as often. No, they don't, but then especially in January, and that's because of the winner. So the winter, the weather they called, they've stopped about three hundred and fifty blood drives that they normally have, which has depleted eleven thousand blood units because of that. This is a real emergency going on. Several states have stopped elective surgery because of this.
Speaker 10: People are living. If you just do a quick Google.
Speaker 11: Search and put in a blood national blood shortage, you'll see where several states are literally begging. I know, I saw South ben yesterday Tennessee where they're literally begging people to come give blood because people aren't able to have their surgery.
Speaker 10: So this is a real urgency going on right now.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right to give some blood.
Speaker 10: If you can?
Speaker 1: Do you guys? Give No?
Speaker 9: I used to when I was way back when, but I haven't in a long time. But I used to tell them, h no, I'm trying to think if I ever have it before.
Speaker 1: But I haven't done it long time. I don't think I've ever given any blood.
Speaker 10: No, maybe we need to set up blood drive at the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: What about you test?
Speaker 1: Have you yes?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: I have so give some blood. Guys, if you can, they need it.
Speaker 1: All right, well, that is Front Page News.
Speaker 4: Say test and make sure you follow at Teddling figure O on all social media platforms and subscribe to at Teslin Figureos podcast, The Straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 8: iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 9: All right, now, when we come back, Kevin Gates will be joining us. We'll kick it with Kevin Gates. It don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Mourning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ n V, Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 9: We are the Breakfast Well, we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, brother Kevin Gates.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, brother.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? You look clean, my brother, Yes you do.
Speaker 5: Why are you feeling, brother?
Speaker 8: How do I look?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 5: Great and amazing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: The thing I love about you too, Kevin Man, when I listened to the ceremony, you call it medicine music.
Speaker 8: Talk to me about what medicine music is to you, The music that raises your frequency.
Speaker 4: One of the lines I love from ceremony when you said you was purpose driven over being pleasure driven. I think we're in an era right now where everybody's pleasure driven. Man, when you when you pleasure driven, you develop addictions. And what I mean by that is in it feeling gonna get old to you, so you're gonna constantly be chasing a greater feeling.
Speaker 8: That's why people have.
Speaker 6: Become addicted to drugs or whatever they become addicted to. I done became addicted to things that's gonna raise my frequencies, such as working out, the fitness and things of that nature. So that's what I mean by if you purpose driven, and you stay on your purpose, like I said on one of my other songs, if you're looking for a microwave ba.
Speaker 5: And it won't happen, that's right now.
Speaker 1: You also say rehab was for quitters, so that's for quitters.
Speaker 9: My question is, so how did you get over the drug addiction you said you had in some of those negative additions.
Speaker 6: You know, if you go back to one of the old interviews on here, I was in here drinking lean in a coffee cup.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, I had a coffee cup with a lid on it.
Speaker 6: I was drinking syrup in an interview, I was a junkie when I had the habit or my body would ache if I didn't have it.
Speaker 8: It ain't nothing, but hero.
Speaker 1: Addiction is a disease. Yeah, of course. I don't know why people don't look at it like that.
Speaker 8: It was a disease.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I replaced that habit with another habit. I didn't just go cold Turkey. I had to replace my unhealthy habits with healthy habits. And it's another end of journey. It don't stop.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: Did you really go to a Beyonce concent and turn up in a Beyonce concert? But look this what happened. I paid for my nannies. All my nanni is to go to the concert. So you remember when they are supposed to come to New Orleans. So they had everybody was outside, just outside. So I'm like, oh, we're gonna go because I've been going. I went to a right concert and I went two nights in the road to Drake. I wasn't seeing Usher, you know, I'm just on that, like just studying all of the greats. So you know, if you go to New Orleans, it's a party outside before you can go inside. So I was bomb bomb bomb bomb ba, you know, and it just it was a party outside before it was a part of inside. So that was like, I'm beyond turned. He really turned during that time. Yes, lord, BG is on that record BG and sixty Rick one of the first year BG and sex red. But this was one of the first times we've heard of BG verse. So was you and BG cool? How did you and BG link for this one?
Speaker 6: This is the first verson I've been knowing him because he like a friend of the family. It was just only right. It was only right, like it was beautiful, It was historical nature to me, He's a legend.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 9: I love the way he sound, because sometimes, you know, somebody will go get locked up and they come home after a while and they got that that old flow on it.
Speaker 6: But he's sound. I think he better than sound. He get up and work out every morning and everything. He on his workouse and he goes straight to the store. So I think this situation made him better than ever.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, you talk on this album a lot about cleaning your sins. What does cleaning your sins look like?
Speaker 6: You know, when I go up on the mountain and I ask God for forgiveness, Hey, forgive me for the things that I did unknowingly. Forgive me the things I did knowingly just forgive me, and then I forgive myself so I don't keep.
Speaker 1: Looping in it. What does that feel like? Do you feel it like you feel something removed from you? Yeah, come off your spirit.
Speaker 6: You can feel it like you could see it right here, and say on this whole of the divine day out hear by release all the energy that no longer serve my higher self, and you're gonna feel lifted because we impassed. We pick up on energy everywhere we go. Now, some stuff, A lot of people say that I did, and I tell my children that I love y'all. I do, and I'm a great father. But some people did have to know me as a monster, because that's the only way that they will stop.
Speaker 8: I love birds calling too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When you say you a polycanto big torch lighter, you say, prayer is more important than exotic cars. And to me, you know to put lyrics like that in a song called birds Calling because people will see the title and thinks.
Speaker 6: It was intentional. Because, like I said, I got a new coffee brand called Ritual. It's out right now and it was beautiful because I went back to the trap, but instead of flipping bricks. It was keys of Coffin, and that was the beautiful thing about it. Like some people say he's glorifying this, glorifying that.
Speaker 8: No I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm turning the negative into a positive. I just got the key to the city and bad and ruge and I got the key to the city in New Orleans. And I never thought that what I was doing was helping people. Like, but what I'm doing like helping other people here, it's really me helping myself here.
Speaker 1: You got two songs on the album with the healing title. One is called Healing, the other one is called Worried. I'm proud of you. I think you're doing amazing.
Speaker 6: Every song I'm on that talking to myself every song, Like every song, I'm talking to myself.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can heal anybody. Thky you think so? You said you can heal a woman. Yes, I think a person has to want to go get healing.
Speaker 8: I hear, yes, Lord, But I don't hear at what point you know my touch is healing? You know, I hear you really think you can heal a woman? I don't think I know?
Speaker 1: Can you? I think you can assist him? Show them the direction.
Speaker 6: Gonna be a new creature when she leaves around me. Publicist bay and love and all of that, but in private, it's a term of endearment.
Speaker 1: She so beautiful.
Speaker 6: Lord, Yes, Lord, thank you God, bless the hand in preparing this meal. Were about to say our grace. But you can't go around just healing everybody a flashback. Now, I don't heal it everybody. Everybody don't deserve here.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Okay, everybody don't deserve healing because they might be here for a week, then they'll just go back to that same that same behavior.
Speaker 8: And I got to put them on the distriction.
Speaker 1: How long as the longest you ever?
Speaker 5: Did I do?
Speaker 1: I start with and you tell them that you're like the first offense?
Speaker 5: What's defense?
Speaker 1: What's the offense?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I just it depends on your you know, code of conduct is big with me.
Speaker 5: You know what's the quarter cor what?
Speaker 8: What see there?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 5: What do you have a problem with you? It's different? So what's what's part of it?
Speaker 1: Ain't that?
Speaker 6: But you know, like I believe that I honesty is the best policy. Like when I meet you, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I'm gonna tell you how I'm living. This how I'm living now. If you accept it or rejected, it's how I'm living.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had girls rejected like I'm not doing them ninety.
Speaker 6: No, they don't that, none of they don't go like that. It just they just end up being like, look, you keep on. I'm gonna put you on so you still go out.
Speaker 8: You just I'm just I'm just you gonna You know.
Speaker 6: Like I say, rejection is rejection is a beautiful thing. I reward loyalty with loyalty. I reward disloyalty with distance. You know, you you think about what you did.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you're not, it's not peaceful. I'm not gonna be nowhere. That's not peaceful. I'm not gonna be nowhere that's gonna lower my frequency. That's just where I'm at with it. Like I ain't trying to be you know, I ain't trying to make the blogs for you know, talking like this, but yeah, it's how I'm coming.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been on vagina restriction for me?
Speaker 6: Bye, I've already I already had it, Like you don't know, glood and lighting them both shoot out them off with I'll do respect, baby.
Speaker 1: But what if you got what if you make an offense? What if you do something she don't.
Speaker 6: Like you already knew what I was when you met me. Damn, you already knew, like with all due respect, Like, see, I don't know why I be meeting killers that're scared to tell a woman the truth. Like when you tell a woman the truth, you give her the option. I understand is the best policy. But women have intuition. And the reason I'm truthful with a woman because it's spiritual. They are spiritual creatures. They can transform liquid into something physical, so they already know you fully when they meet you, they already know, like they know what's up with you.
Speaker 8: Like, so, babe, where you've been? You don't help me wash these sins off me?
Speaker 1: You're gonna help me watch these You want me to help you pack?
Speaker 8: Which one? Baby? Like what we're gonna do too? Because you know either she gonna leave or she's gonna stay.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna help me watch these sins off you are you're gonna help me pack?
Speaker 6: I mean they already know, Like women already know what you've been doing, Like I don't know why people think they don't women psychic.
Speaker 8: I'm not about to lie. And then God then bless me. I got too many blessings.
Speaker 5: So do you ever see yourself with just one woman?
Speaker 8: I'm with one woman right now. What at the moment, you know.
Speaker 9: We got more with Kevin Gates when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is TJ n V. Charlomagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Were still kicking it with Kevin Gates.
Speaker 5: Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: When you talk about loyal to you, when somebody's disloyal to you, how do you bring them back in your fold?
Speaker 6: Like trust? Once trust is violated, that's a moff. It ain't gonna it ain't gonna never be the same no more. I mean suspect evil or no want to see it once see it, forget it not once the enemy could never be a friend. I had to I had to cut a lot of bagas, I had to trim a lot of fat like that last the last time we would say. I trimmed a lot of facts and is then like with just the people around me, I started throwing away all of the wrong relationships, follow the right reasons, and sometimes we be lawyer to things that's not loyal to us.
Speaker 5: That's just why I'm it with it right now. Were you a forgiving person? Were you somebody that, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Forgive, Like I told y'all last time, I forgive. I do, but I ain't about to forget. That's not beating naives nobody that you just do it to me again, like, na that's not intelligence.
Speaker 8: You told another great story on healing.
Speaker 4: You told a story about a woman not getting wet for you no more, and you said, mentally that was the problem.
Speaker 6: When women women can mentally check out, they can mentally move on, and you know they have vaginal dry vaginal dryness there rouse the fluid out there no more because they just they mentally moved on.
Speaker 8: That can happen. And what are you doing a woman in that situation?
Speaker 1: You just let it go.
Speaker 8: I mean the proof is in the putting. I mean you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the proof is.
Speaker 8: In the putting.
Speaker 6: Now, she could have been the high treaded or something because she was on the plane, but I ain't got time to be in all that. You know, you check thout, baby, it's mentally checked out. Women meantally checked out. When I had to ask my mother what that was, she said, baby, she might have meantally checked out. Damn that happens sometimes. Sometimes it happens because you not being a person that a person want you to be. No, I love you enough to let you go. Go find that person that you say that's better than me. Can't wait?
Speaker 1: Does that hurt?
Speaker 6: Everything hurt when you love somebody I love for real? Like, nah, I can't wait to get my heart broke. I just use it for motivation. Turn me into a monster. Look at me. That's the fuel to this stagging on me.
Speaker 8: Do it some more.
Speaker 6: Come on, let's go, y'all. Ain't doing nothing but making me better every time I get mad, I'm in the gym.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Then they don't bother me. It used to people don't even make.
Speaker 6: Me mad no more. I used to be like man piece to Nah, you just I'm just disappointed. I'm disappointed in you. You know, I really had a lot of respect for you. Here's some people that are never re respect me. People I never rerespect because I ain't about to sit up here like I'm perfect. I done done, bogush everybody did I thought that because even though I said something and I said it in dude face, I still did some hopes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said it in his face.
Speaker 6: And we followed. My grandfather put them to the side. Man, that's some hopes did I don't do that no more so. I ain't about to sit up here and act like I came out perfect.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I ain't come up to win. I've been down and all that, you know, with a pistol in my hand. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: These are learned behaviors.
Speaker 9: You have a look at some of the stuff that people pick up that you've said or that goes viral and be like they just misconstrue what I said.
Speaker 6: Well, no, no, I don't really pay that no attention. I used to, like in twenty twenty one, I used to pay attention to Instagram. But once I deactivated my page for that year and a half, I engaged with the world now because comparison is the killer of all joy. Because if I say something and they might just take a lift piece of it and it goes viral, but then when you go look at the real interview, you're gonna be like, he really made a lot of sense. And that's why my mama said, Man, I don't even tell nobody. I know this is gonna sound weird. No, it don't sound weird.
Speaker 12: This me.
Speaker 6: I'm my authentic self. People gonna either accept you or they not. And that's just why I'm with it or not.
Speaker 1: What made you take the page away for that year and a half? Was it clear your mind?
Speaker 6: I was depressed. It was causing depression because comparison is the killer of our joy. I'm comparing my life to other people highlight real and it was causing depression. Once I got off there and started engaging with the world, I'm like, man, people love me. People love me. On the black Top, people love me. People walk up to me and tell me, man, you changed my life. They don't really say that on Instagram. They say negative things all the time.
Speaker 1: Of course. I mean.
Speaker 9: I seen something the other day when I guess you're talking from this two times and people were he said this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, y'all must not know.
Speaker 8: Kell Oh, yeah, I saw that. I told him, if have you ever seen any flaws? He said no. I said, if you do, will you please put my feet in.
Speaker 1: The meaning slam you?
Speaker 6: If I do something slam me like blow my brains out, put my feet in. Kill you kill me if I do something wrong like I say, like I said on the other thing, hey find me them, find me that one that and find me the other one that can say I told on him. It's something to jail. You find me them to blow my mama brains out. I ain't never heard those rumors, cave body. When I heard that, I'm sound like when somebody said that, no, I stand for something, and I mean that I stand for that. You know, because on it when you start paying attention to the Internet, you can get lost in that. It's the black top that matter to me, That don't matter. That's just talk. That's Internet talk. And some people live their life based on social media. But if you really get out in.
Speaker 4: The real world and engage with the world, the world operates one hundred percent different than that. And I think sometimes people like you and Finess y'all forget y'all know each other's lingos, so y'all having a conversation, I to be honest.
Speaker 6: I could be honest with you. You never heard me address there, right, because I really don't care what nobody think about what he mean by put your feet there.
Speaker 8: Hey, try me.
Speaker 6: I'll show you. I'll show you what I mean. He demonstration is way better than verbal, So like I'll show you.
Speaker 8: Now that that's it.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 6: Like, I ain't about to address that because that's my brother. He know what I meant, and he know what I mean, and I know what he meant. So I don't see no big deal. Hey, keep me viral.
Speaker 4: I'll be out this Friday album coming out the ceremony. Is it true Kevin Durant gave you some advice that got you in shape?
Speaker 6: To man, Kevin Durant, that's my dog and the maar DeRozan and leave the shooter. I ain't know so much psychology winning the basketball. I started practicing with leaita shooter, and I'm thinking, I'm just going to shoot the basketball.
Speaker 8: Learn how to shoot the ball.
Speaker 6: Man, This dude assess me, Like in psychology, you do the individualistic approach, and he did that by just based off how I shoot. You anxious, you focus on the last, you focus on your past. Wow, don't worry about the past, don't worry about the one you missed. Focus on the prison. Stay in the prison, stay in the moment. And I'm like, damn, he picked me to pieces and it was humbling, it was beautiful. And then like with DeMar DeRozan, he showed me some sh Kevin Durant showed me some like it's more like playing chess than anything.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Wow, when you say fit, you meant mentally fit more than anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fit ability to take effective form, that's what fits me now.
Speaker 8: I love letter to my fans too. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you talk about it an attempt on that record.
Speaker 8: That's I made that song a long long time ago. Wow, a long time ago.
Speaker 6: And I was saying, that's that's when I was going through the acting like everything was okay.
Speaker 8: On Instagram, I was acting. I was pretending I'm happy.
Speaker 6: It's okay to be angry sometime, it's okay to be disappointed, it's okay to be upset, But emotionally and intelligently, how do we channel these feelings and these emotions?
Speaker 8: I asked myself, why am I feeling this way?
Speaker 6: But that's crazy that that I put that song on the on the I forgot that I put that song on, but I owed it to my fans because I was pretending with them and they knew.
Speaker 8: Is it triggering to here that song?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 6: No, not at all, because it's beautiful, because that's why I was at that one time.
Speaker 9: And I always asked, how did you get out of that funk? Because there's a lot of people that listen that are in that funk and don't know how to get out. You want me to be honest, God, I was there, God like when I was supposed to kill myself. God in the vind because I ain't tell nobody I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm about to know.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's horse playing. I feel like you supposed to walk in here and find me smash in here. I'll smoshed myself. That's now, that's not horse playing. He's serious, man, I love y'all. I'm tired all that. That's horse plan. You alluding to what you about to do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: You got to find me in here stretched out. That's the type of person I am. I feel like, if you're talking about it, you're not serious.
Speaker 1: But it was God. We got more with Kevin Gates when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, see nd Charlamage the guy we are. The Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Kevin Gates show makes you want to go back on on this crazy thing we call social media now.
Speaker 6: To be honest, I really don't work my page. I just oversee it like I don't work it, like I approved, like the pictures. Sometimes it'll be me when the caption be real hard felt you could tells me. Other times it's just something that I approved because I got to maintain my sanity.
Speaker 4: I can't get lost in that social media. You said something else on letter in my Fans that I thought it was interesting. You said, you apologize to your fans.
Speaker 6: I apologize to my fans because a motivational speaker that's given great advice I wish that I could give myself. I got all this positive to say, but I ain't feeling positive when I'm talking that. They just sound good as everybody want to hear that. I'm keeping it positive, but I'm not happy. That's how I was feeling at that time. I'm like, yeah, you know, just positive, just stay positive. I was faking it till I made it, but I really wasn't making it because I never addressed the real issue.
Speaker 4: Internally. I still had Harvard all and a resentment and everything, and now that you've done that, that's how you know you're a true service. You gotta go back and face it. That was the hard part, going back and face your past. You gotta face it. You gotta face it, you gotta sit with it. And when you sit with it, it's gonna be very, very painful. Like anybody listening right now, it's gonna be painful to go address these issues because it's a lot of stuff that we keep and like you could suppress things for so long, to one let thing will cause you to explode or implode. It's a trigger. So I had to go back and face a lot of these things. Protect children another very powerful record. What are some things you learned late that you want to teach your kids early. I hope it's not triggering. I really don't care if it is, because we all have been through this. That was about sexual victimization. Protect children. I treat your children like my children, like my birth children. When we was little, they used to say we was the worst children. We all been through things that aint our fault. You got to work with them.
Speaker 6: Protect children. You're not supposed to hurt children. I gave my children a place, a safe space, I created a safe place for them to communicate with me.
Speaker 8: Don't nobody never touch you.
Speaker 6: They're not even me, not even your daddy, not even your mom, and nobody you know, and they have a safe space to communicate. Can't nobody get you nowhere to tell you? If you tell your mam MAMAA hurt you, I'm gonna hurt you. Hey, y'all haven't seen what's up with y'all. Daddy, y'all know what comes behind y'all. So I have created a safe environment for y'all to communicate with me. And I asked my and my daughter tell you right now. I tell my daddy everything because I'm not here to judge you. We all make mistakes. We're gonna talk about what you did. I'm just disappointed a little bit, but don't worry about that. I'm not here to judge you. I'm not here to beat you up for what you did or what happened to you.
Speaker 8: Just let me know.
Speaker 6: I don't care if you had a wreck and you accidental to kill somebody. Stay there, I'm on the way. Hey, you getting this car and go and put the body in the trunk. Come on, let's go. I always tell me the truth. I die for you and I die to protect you. What's your relationship with Jim Jones?
Speaker 9: I see you and Jim Jones talks the story when he was on Drink Champs about how y'all had a good relationship early on.
Speaker 8: I always had a relationship with Jim Jones. He was fly. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I hate to say this, like I'm not trying to be racist, but I mean this would all due disrespect. It's hard for a brightness. You got to be extra gainster when you bright. You know when you bright, you know like how you know how to fight so good? A kivin because I got beat up a lot. That's why they always picked the brighton. They don't never pick. They don't never pick. He this dude, he ain't did nothing gangster.
Speaker 1: He just ugly. He just ugly. Why are we ugly?
Speaker 6: Because we talk yet I ain't talking about you, you're a chocolate man. I'm talking about the ugly. He would he would a yellow, He would a yellow.
Speaker 5: Don't like bad?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they feel like we But then just coming up as a child, you know, being bright with curly hell.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. You know, I saw Jim Johnes like man, this fly, he gangster and he bright. I say that's wrong. You know, I identified with it because it because I saw myself in him, like like that's my brother.
Speaker 8: I love him. Like whenever he the city, he just he holler where you at? And he everywhere. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He never changed.
Speaker 8: He always be in the same way always. How do I get a pair of God slippers?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: You know how to happen? Somebody asked me to play cards. I'm like, I will, but I don't like they was gambling. I'm like, I will, but I ain't got no hands. But then they saw me eating, and they was like, I thought you said no hands, they not mine.
Speaker 8: They for good.
Speaker 6: So when I said God slippers, everything I got on I just borrowed it from God. All I have is the little that God bless me with. I borrow a pair of God's slippers. I walked on water in front of you. What I mean is I walked over all kinds of obstacles because I brought a pair of God's slippers. While I was doing that, adversity Bill's character, If it ain't rough, it ain't us. I brought a pair of God's slippers, started a battery, got back in charge.
Speaker 5: Did it again?
Speaker 9: You know they don't believe that. They don't believe you started a call with your hands. You got to show somebody when.
Speaker 8: Something I can give the.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for paying homage to the holy grounds of Walmart too. Man, Oh my god, you from the South man.
Speaker 8: I ain't tell you about that. No, I was in there.
Speaker 1: I was on color cold.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was hustling at the time. This is when I was living illegitimately. I was hustling at the time. What color cold is?
Speaker 8: You gotta call in and if your color come up, you gotta go piss.
Speaker 6: So I was in there buying the gloves because I was doing my thing with the gloves so it wouldn't get in my system. That's the myth that I heard. Don't get in your system if you wear the gloves. And you know, I end up meeting me a little one up in Waldmart.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. When I was at wild for Hollse, you know what I'm saying, and she ate me up in the Honda. You know how the go.
Speaker 4: You've been loving Walmart ever since? I love Walmart anyway. Yeah, yeah, I love it. They got everything you need, that's right. You know, that's when the DVDs. You remember, they used to have a three pack of DVD's, a six pack of DVDs. I had to let DVD player. When I used to be in the trap, I shoot over there and grabbing a couple of DVDs. I have my junkets, go get it. But it's something about going in there yourself late night, two in the morning.
Speaker 6: That's when it used to stay open twenty four hours, especially if you grew up in the country when the country probably was Is them all right, that's the mall, that's right. Yeah, I met a winter like you know, I met a winner in that with the lit Chinese slippers on.
Speaker 1: You know, they be in there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You know they got the little steppers walking around and death and stop playing.
Speaker 4: And you said you got the Almighty on speed down, and you say, the only way to kill a god is when I caused them.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: My body is my temple now A great responsibility to come with looking at your body like your temple like that's really what made me stop drinking alcohol.
Speaker 8: Like at my listening party. I had a glass of apple juice.
Speaker 6: And then I told her the bollten A had make me something fruit and make it look like I drink, but make it just taste good and fruity booty. Make me a lit fruity booty. Right fare She's like, oh my God, I love you your accent. I say, yeah, but don't put no alcohol in it, you know, but put me a little flour on that, you know, make it look good. So I had that, and then I had two champagne glasses of apple juice, and I was just walking around feeling good like everybody else was feeling good. But you know, when you say your body is your temple, come with a great responsibility. Like sometime when I need clarity, I gotta fast and clean my temple out. So the spirit of the Most, how I can abide in my temple. God, buy the couple by the highest. They guns hold no power to this holy temple. How you kill a god when a law called him? The only time he goes when a law called him. That's it, Almighty on speed Doll, I could talk to God, for I could call you with my phone. You on speed Doll, I'm always talking to God. Before I drunk the coffee, I prayed over it. I don't know what they did to the car for they brought it to me. Everything with me is a faith move.
Speaker 4: Now you are here to help other brothers, hell Man, and I think the ceremony is going to do a phenomenal job.
Speaker 6: You know something, anytime I used to drop an album, I used to say things like, if you want to go get it, get it. If you don't want it, don't want that was like that fear of what if it's not good enough? Just good enough, go get it. No, just the one, absolutely, like if you're ready to just really just take self accountability in hell, just the one man, Kevin Gates.
Speaker 1: The ceremony is out this Friday. Go pick it up.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 8: Tell us what the title mean. I don't think you told the type ceremonial.
Speaker 6: It's the ceremony that I was having with myself. I learned the love again the stranger that was once myself. That was the ceremony to reuniting with my authentic self.
Speaker 5: Wow, you have it, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Friday Man, Kevin, appreciate you, brother man. I love when healing, especially from black Men. Have the soundtrack. We need more of those man, so thank you for making one, thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's Kevin Gates. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, what happened.
Speaker 5: What happened is we don't have a third co host and it's time to do the rumors.
Speaker 4: Stop complaining. Man, God is good. Listen, slew to the good brother, Kevin Gates. The ceremony comes out Friday, and I'm telling you, man, like I told him in the interview, you can tell he's on his healing journey and it reflects in his music.
Speaker 8: All right, so make sure you pick up the ceremony this Friday.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, let's let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Or you gossip on chatty? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells, right right?
Speaker 9: All right, Well, first of all, let's start off with John Cena. He's announcing his upcoming retirement. So he's currently forty six. He's gonna be turning forty seven this year, and he's gonna be retiring from the WWE.
Speaker 4: That's how you could tell. I ain't watched ww E because I thought he was still wrestling. Thought, well, he was in movies too, though he does he does movie he does films and stuff.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I'm lying.
Speaker 4: I thought he was already retired now that that's what That's what I meant to say, because he does movies.
Speaker 8: But I guess not.
Speaker 9: I don't watch WWE, so I have no clue, nor do I have an idea of if he still wrestles. Who does he wrestle. I don't even know the difference betweene WWF, what's the new one?
Speaker 5: This another one?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought he retired, it was just doing movies and TV shows. Who he did the peacemaker?
Speaker 4: Huh what that means? I don't understand sign language. I just see opportunity throwing his thumb up on know if you hitchhiking. I don't know what the hell he trying to tell you.
Speaker 5: Oh no, well he's retiring.
Speaker 9: And then not only that, Netflix and the WWE announced a partnership going into effect in twenty twenty five. The executed a tenured deal given Netflix exclusive rights WWE's flaship weekly wrestling show Raw. So it's a major step. It's going to start doing live stream events. So I guess Netflix is probably going to raise the amount of money they have to pay to watch Netflix and now that you'll get to check out raw on Netflix. It's a five billion dollar deal.
Speaker 4: Oh, company like Netflix need that though, And the reason they need that is because they run through programming so much. That's why I never understood the model of Oh no, I'm not saying I never understood it.
Speaker 8: We all enjoyed it when we used to could binge watch.
Speaker 4: But it's like, yo, if you if you put out a whole season or something in a day, once I watch it, it's done. But if I'm a channel like an HBO of if I'm giving you one episode a week, you know for thirteen weeks, all I gotta do is like two and three shows a Yeah.
Speaker 1: Netflix got to do.
Speaker 4: Like twenty twenty five. So you need programming like that, You need weekly live program I mean, I think it's dope, especially if they do like boxing events on there. Now where you could do you know, a certain thing to catch boxing events WWE. And I thought Chris Rock, I don't know if he did it didn't. Chris Rock was supposed to do a comedy specialist. His last one selective outrage was it was live live. Yeah, and I mean the Zone. The Zone is the screaming network for boxing.
Speaker 8: I got to the Zone. I got the Zone. Sluthor. My guys Ocken Barrock.
Speaker 1: You know Barack.
Speaker 5: They've been up here on the Zone now.
Speaker 9: Also, Dwayne Johnson, he gains ownership of the name the Rock. He's been fighting to get that for a while and now he uh got the license in he will be able to have promotional uh T shirts, hats and everything. So he got the trademark.
Speaker 1: You never had that, No, So who the hell had the Rock? I have no other thing?
Speaker 4: Right, even if you own the name, ain't nobody calling you the rock? We Dwayne Johnson has earned the name of the Rock. Okay, that's years and years of being on the w W E the people's elbow raising his eyebrow.
Speaker 1: We only know one rock, correct, Okay?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 4: The only other rock we acknowledged his Rockefeller. And that's all a whole label. That's right, all right.
Speaker 9: Now Diddy is being sued for the Oh my god, No, Diddy is being sued for the trademark Act bad Now. Charles ken YadA Junior is requesting ten million dollars in damages in a lawsuit accusing did he of using Act Bad without permission.
Speaker 8: Laws in light of the circumstances, you don't want that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: Allegedly, this is what happened. They're saying that, you know, ken Yata is, he's an innimate, He's in jail. He owns the trademark for Act Bad and allegedly did he came to get the trademark from they were negotiating terms of the trademark. I guess they couldn't reach the term, so did he just put it out?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 5: This isn't real, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 9: Allegedly, So they saying Sean Combs and the John Doe signed a contract without Charles Kenyata's consent and now he wants ten million dollars.
Speaker 8: Much time Charles Kenyada doing it?
Speaker 4: Doesn't say Charles Kenyada should not be one to act bad in prison, Okay, right, okay, you need to be trying to act good in prison, so maybe you can come home on early release for good behavior.
Speaker 9: Now, ken YadA, who is representing himself in the lawsuit, said his Act Bag trademark has tarnished by.
Speaker 1: Did He's sexual assault allegations?
Speaker 4: What is he in prison for? I need to know what he's in prison for. He's doing a lot of judging from prison. What is he in prison for?
Speaker 1: Huh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 5: Did not say that's all the more reason.
Speaker 1: But my point is that's all the more reason he shouldn't want to act bad. Trademark no more. Can y'alla come up with something else? You ain't got nothing but time? Okay, But if he owns.
Speaker 9: The trademark and somebody took his trademark, don't nobody want that?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 5: You can't, you can't do it.
Speaker 9: But I've never seen did he you know, sell T shirts? Nothing like that, but they said that he did do an act bad T shirt.
Speaker 4: By the way, when I think act bad, I think I really think Young Miami more than anything like you know when they did that that interview, in that conversation, she's the one who made the phrase.
Speaker 5: But he asked me personally, Yeah, he took it and went with did a single order and it was what he didn't really take off.
Speaker 9: And lastly, Stephen A. Smith, he was on the Howard Stern Show and said he wants to debate Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Me crazy. Obviously, I have my show peing every weekday morning, right, Yes, it is a debate show.
Speaker 5: I would love to be in the presidential debate.
Speaker 1: I think you can do great. No, no, I'd eat them alive.
Speaker 5: But you want to do it, you wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't. I wouldn't run for the presidency.
Speaker 16: But I debate Trump any day of the week, any day of the week, naming.
Speaker 5: The time and place, and I'd show up. But isn't it sad?
Speaker 16: Isn't it sad that when we were kids growing up, right at least when I was growing up, people say, oh, maybe one day I'll be president of the United States, when you would dream about the greatest job or maybe you know, contributing to society. Now, I think kids growing up like Dan I want to show like Steven A. Smith, I don't want. I don't want to be the president of the United States. That's a thankless job.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: I think when it comes to the rhetoric dialogue, you know, use of words.
Speaker 8: Stephen A. Smith would smoke Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: But I think with Donald Trump as the advantage is, Donald Trump is willing to go where most people aren't.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna go.
Speaker 5: He's gonna go lie.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing about life, right, like you shouldn't don't go to war with people who give a f less than you. If the person gives an f less than you, you're not gonna win. It's just because they're willing to do things that you're not willing to do, uh, to get that to get that victory, correct, you know? So, I mean, yes, it would be interesting to watch, but it's no telling what Donald Trump gonna pull out of his two pay And the fact that Stephen A. Smith, you know, as far as we know, it's gonna stick to the truth. Donald Trump a is gonna stick to the truth. So if a person is willing to go lower than you and they gonna lie, you can't win. No, not in this world with the court of public opinion, where what do I always say, nobody cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining. So when something like that, all people looking to do is be be entertained. So Steve and the You're gonna be up there trying to speak the truth, trying to Cleana. Donald Trump gonna be up there, that's right, and that's that's what's gonna give him the victory.
Speaker 1: In this era.
Speaker 5: And that is your room report. And just a quick update.
Speaker 9: Charles kin YadA, that's the guy that's suing did he He was indicted for narcotics and loan shark and conspiracy.
Speaker 5: That's what he's in jail for.
Speaker 8: Okay, how much time you doing?
Speaker 5: Don't say how much time you all right?
Speaker 4: But I do want you to know, Kenyata, that that even if you win the lawsuit, that money ain't coming no time soon.
Speaker 8: You gotta get in lined, buddy.
Speaker 1: It's a long line of people ahead of you. Okay, that ain't that. Ain't ye got good good good luck. We'll just say allegedly for that as well. And that is your rumor report. Now, yes, we'll give me your downcle two man for after the hour.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all gotta stop letting uh you know, Satan tell you things and didn't think it's coming from God. There's a pastor named Eli Rogarlato who needs to come in the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with him.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something.
Speaker 1: To go give you the reason he gave me donkey other day?
Speaker 5: And I deserve that you need to know what you need to tell them?
Speaker 1: I am, you have to tell them it's time for Donkey of the day.
Speaker 13: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at trying to charlamage. You only wants charlamage to.
Speaker 3: Man solomame, who do you giving dusky the other day?
Speaker 1: So now, uh well, sexy red Donkey of to day for Wednesday, January? What's the day? Twenty fourth goes to Eli Rugalado. Okay.
Speaker 4: Eli is a pastor for a Colorado based online church and he is accused of pocketing one point three million through a crypto currency fraud scheme. And the reason he said you had the vanesse his flock was because the Lord told him to. You realize that that the Lord wants you to give generously.
Speaker 1: As no rest, stop athroom, question, stop asking questions.
Speaker 4: Okay, y'all don't listen to me, because I got a list for this man raised nearly three point two million dollars and one point three went.
Speaker 8: In his pocket and he didn't deny it.
Speaker 1: I know y'all don't believe me, So let's head directly from the.
Speaker 8: Path to police.
Speaker 17: Kaitlyn and I are being charged in a civil charge for basically selling millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency that is deemed worthless by the state. So the charges are that Kitlyn and I pocketed one point three million dollars, and I just want to come out and say that those charges are true. So there's been one point three million dollars that's been taken out of I think it was a total three point four million, but out of that one point three, half a million dollars went to the I R S and a few hundred thousand dollars went to a homing model that the Lord told us to do. So how this whole thing started as the Lord told us in twenty one to walk away from our marketing company, the Men, and he took us into this cryptocurrency. It was a different cryptocurrency textquent time. Well, as money is coming in, we would be sewing it. And at first it was one hundreds of dollars and thousands of dollars, then tens of thousands of dollars. When it would come in, we tially sew more money would come in, and so we were just always under impression that God was going to provide, that the source was never ending, that God was doing a new thing, and that we had nothing to worry about. What we're praying for and what we're believing for still is that God is going to do a miracle, love, mercy.
Speaker 4: Why do we act like Satan don't have a kingdom too? I grew up Jehovah witness. I had the yellow Book of Bible Stories with the red writing on it, and in that book they had Bible stories, and there it's quite a few times when Satan spoke to people in those stories. Okay, spoke to even the God and the Eden. Okay, women really haven't trusted anyone since then. That's where it started. Women not listening and women not trusting men started right then and now, okay, that's actually where all of our trust issues started. He got her and Adam in future generations and humans in trouble, all because she listened to Satan even though God already told them what not to do. Lord, have mercy. See that's how God works. God only gonna tell you once because once it's all God needs. Okay, you heard what God said, eat from all the trees. You want in the garden except that one, and Eve gonna reply, huh, if you're high, you can hear. Okay, you heard Satan talking through that damn snake. Though, all right, What's the other two times Satan spoke? Spoke to God when he was when he was accusing job, okay, and to Jesus when he was tempting him in the wilderness. I'm sure there's other accounts, but I am not Bishop TD. Jakes are Tore Roberts are Queen Sarah Jake Robins dropping the clues bombs for the Roberts. Okay to Jake Roberts family, the first Family of Faith. You can listen Ah the Sarah Jake Roberts podcast, the Woman of All podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 8: iHeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 4: But all I know is Satan got a kingdom too, and he be talking to folks, and some of us, like Elira Galado, are stupid enough to listen. I think we need to stop saying God works in mysterious ways. There really is no mystery about God and God's way.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 4: I do agree we don't know where a blessing may be coming from, but I do know God would not be telling anyone the seller cryptocurrency with no clear exit. Okay, this is how I know God be sending most of y'all prayers this man folder. If God made man in his image according to his likeness, then I am one hundred percent sure God is sick of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, how could she not be? All right?
Speaker 4: Y'all was out here thanking God for PPP loans, knowing y'all lied to get them. Y'all out here giving God all the credit for Satan's work. God didn't tell his pastor the seller cryptocurrency with no clear exit. That was his free will and Satan talking to him. Now, let me give you a little background on pastor Eli Rigaldo. He was twenty two when he served his first prison sentence for boosting cars. Nothing wrong with that, people grow and evolve every day, be But his faith called him to be a pastor twenty years ago, so he started preaching online only for Victorious Grace Church, where he and his wife are listed as the only two employees.
Speaker 8: Okay, he has no cryptocurrency or exchange.
Speaker 4: Background, but yet he said divine inspiration God called him to lunch I n dx coin in Kingdom Wealth Exchange. He said the Lord bought this crypto currency to him and told him take this to my people for a wealth transfer. And through advertising at his church and other churches he found through other pastors, from June twenty twenty two to April twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three, he raised three point two million dollars. Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 4: I don't like faith based marketing, all right, Stop getting over on people and blaming it on God. This man was telling his flock to invest and expect a miracle. Told him to wait for God's plan. Now, Eli ricaldo. Wasn't just getting over on his flock with crypto. He did his traditional way too. By traditional, I mean he would tell investors to tithe and so the causes helping widows and offans, but the money went.
Speaker 8: Into their own pockets.
Speaker 4: I know y'all say God forgives, but how many of y'all out there for giving the people who donet lied about you?
Speaker 8: Okay, you may forgive, but you don't forget.
Speaker 4: So even if God forgives you, I don't think nothing you pray for as for from that point gets top priority. Right, you got a bad credit report with the God. You can't get approved with bad credit? What makes y'all think God is going to approve anything you ask for when you got bad credit with the Creator because you've been lying on him. But let me mind my business because I'm not sure how my application to Heaven look at these, So let me get back to work on mind. Eli, his wife, and his three companies are charged with securities fraud, unlicensed broken deal activity, selling unreadied to securities, and imposition of constructive trust.
Speaker 8: And in his comments. In his comments right.
Speaker 4: Now on YouTube, Eli has dozens of people continuing to reassure him that God will turn the situation around. There's a quote I love in a reference to Know It that says, sometimes faith will make you look stupid until it starts to ring. When I see y'all in this man's comments telling him that God will turn this situation around, it makes me want to shorten that quote and simply say, sometimes faith will make you look stupid.
Speaker 1: Please get past the Eli regard. It's the biggest sea hull.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, let rem me maget past the Eli Rogaldo rugadato, the biggest hull.
Speaker 1: He ha he ha, You stupid mother?
Speaker 5: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 9: Thank you for that donkey today sir, Yes, indeed. Now when we come back, Vivick Ramswami vec Bavec for veke Bveck for Veake Ramaswami VI vike Rama Swami will be joining us.
Speaker 1: He was running for president but dropped out recently. Yeah, he was up here when he was running. But he's a private citizen there, that's right, and we're gonna talk to him when we come back, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club, Mourning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: He's back. Vivick Ramaswami, welcome back.
Speaker 5: It's good to see you.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's say your name right this time.
Speaker 5: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: It's vec like cake.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: Well, last time you here, you were running for president. That's right, in that ancient past, ancient past, but days ago.
Speaker 5: It must have been feels like an eternity at this point.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but now your roles have changing and you're no longer running for president, that's right. So for people that don't know, why are you not on that run anymore? What made you pull out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, the people of Iowa spoke loud and clear.
Speaker 5: I got about eighty percent, which I started at, not zero percent, but I started at zero point zero percent and we made it to eight percent in Iowa. If you looked at who were the second choice to Donald Trump in Iowa, So if he weren't on the ballot, I would have been number one. But the people spoke loud and clear. They wanted it not only in America first candidate, but they wanted the one who they voted for before, and they wanted him to get back in there and get that job done. And so for me, the first moment that it became clear that I was not going to be the next president, you know, absent terrible things happening in this country that we don't want to see happen, I pulled myself out of the race, gave support to Donald Trump. And I think that's the right thing for the country, is to allow the people of this country to make it voice. It's the beauty of our country. It's not a monarchy, it's not an autocracy. The people of this country get to decide who runs the country. And the people spoke loud and clear on Iowa and so that night.
Speaker 1: He said, you said you was number one behind Trump.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, among second choice to Trump. So among the people who voted for Trump, who would be who would be their second choice? That would actually have been me. Yeah, that night we were pre prayed to go to New Hampshire. I could tell you for a fact we were not in the head space to drop out. But we saw the results come in, we were going to go to the campaign office. Instead, I just took some time with my wife. We went we had an apartment in Des Moines. We took about twenty five minutes. Try to look at it every which way. We're squinting at you know, different statistics that would say, okay, here's the path forward. Then we just took a step back and said, all right, what is what is God's plan here? It has revealed itself and it doesn't include me being the Republican nominee for US president. Personal money close to thirty yeah, do you all?
Speaker 8: And so what happens with that money is the tax attacks right off?
Speaker 1: Or is gone? Is gone?
Speaker 4: You have to explain something to me, right, Because when I watched the GOP nominees, with the exception of Chris Christie, it always thought, how are any of them, you know, ever going to beat Trump if they're not even willing to challenge Trump?
Speaker 1: Yeah on anything.
Speaker 5: Well, I will say that I do have about ten percent of policy areas where I'm different from Trump, but that was that wasn't actually ever going to be the difference for me. The case I made to the voters was, if you like Donald Trump's policies, but you want a leader from the next generation, with fresh legs, who can reach and lead the next generation of Americans. Nobody's going to do that, like I am. Of our donors to this campaign, and we had whatever six figure numbers of small dollar donors. Of them were first time ever donors to the GOP, and most of them were young. Actually many of them were young. And so we're reaching a different generation in a way that nobody else in the Republican Party, including Trump, really was, and I also do think that's what's going to be required to really take our America First movement to the next level. So that was the case I made to the voters, and I think a lot of people found that. Resident A lot of people love that who ended up voting for Donald Trump anyway, say we love you. But for now, this is still Donald Trump's turn to get his job done that he wasn't able to get done fully the first time around in one term, when you know, they bogged down his presidency and everything else. I mean, that was the clear message from the voters.
Speaker 1: But that was the case that I made. Every other candidate had.
Speaker 5: Their own, you know, shade of lemonade that was slightly different, but for me, it was if you want the same basically the same policies. In some ways, I'm going far further than Trump did with that America First agenda. But if you want the America First of the future, then pick the candidate of the future with fresh legs coming in from the outside, unencumbered and able to reach the next generation. And I would have been the youngest president ever elected. If elected, Well, why.
Speaker 1: Vote for the second rate version of something?
Speaker 5: Why don't they get the second rate you read, not say secreated, because y'all act like the fresh, the fresh version, whichy'all don't act like that though y'all act like Trump is king like, and y'all act like I disagree with that. Actually start, I mean, you start, Donald Trump and the light late phase of the race. You know, we had some we had some healthy friction, and it's competition. It's then they heat a competition. But I don't I don't bet the need anybody, because.
Speaker 4: When you look at the numbers in Iowa and you see that about half of the Republicans did go out there and vote for the Santis, some voted for Nikki, some even you know, vot voted for you. So clearly there's some Republicans looking for something different. But it feels like, yeah, everybody was too busy trying to either be Trump's VP or buying to be for a physician in Trump's cabinet.
Speaker 1: Some of y'all just looked like Trump's lackeys. So if I can't speak for the others, so it's hard to look at you as a leader if you're moving like a lackey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think I disagree with that characterization. I mean, I think that the right answer to the bottom line is Donald Trump. I think did advance a lot of the right policies for this country. He kept us out of war and grew the economy. So I don't disagree with the policies one bet. But the question is how do we actually reunite a country and reach a next generation on that basis, and I ran for president because I thought I was going to be best positioned to do that. Not as anybody's lacking. That's some Republican Party pawn lackey, not Donald Trump's lacky, not anybody's lacky, but as my own man, reaching the next generation, honestly speaking hard truths that nobody else was able to speak in the campaign. Yes, that's what I was doing. In the word well, I think a lot of heart truths. I mean, you you could ch so, Chris CHRISTI was lobbying Donald Trump and licking his feet about three years ago, after Donald Trump's first term.
Speaker 1: He was, and y'all doing a lot of looking at the feet that I disagree with.
Speaker 5: You that I just I just disagree. I think it's true for some people. I mean, these people have been asking all the politicians in this race have been asking for money and endorsements for Trump for years and then Monday Morning quarterback, in some decision he made. You know, Chris Christie, he was a lobbyist. And by the way, this is a side point. I don't think any politician should be allowed to be a lobbyist for at least ten years after they've left their position in government. But this guy ends up becoming a lobbyist on behalf of special pharmaceutical clients in New Jersey for coronavirus cash from Donald Trump, licking his feet doing his debate prep while lobbying him, and then suddenly decides and has an epiphany this after Trump's first term, for God's sake, decides is going to make it a shtick to do the to do the anti Donald Trump thing. My view is, I've been clear.
Speaker 1: I love Trump's policies. I love policies. His conspiracy theories.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, to be clear, a lot of what I've actually stated on behalf of my views of what happened, the truth of what happened on a lot of what the government has I think suppressed. They're not conspiracy theories. Their realities that even Donald Trump hasn't touched. So I'm speaking with my own convictions what they are. And I'm not a political analyst either, right, you guys probably be better at that than me. No, I'm maybe you are, but but that's not my job anyway. I'm sharing my convictions and my whole view of this old campaign is I'm gonna tell people who I am and what I stand for, and if they want to vote for that, I will volunteer to be the next president. And if they don't, then I'm not gonna be the next president. I'm gonna put my head on the pillow at night and know that I at least shared with you what my true convictions actually are.
Speaker 1: Have you told him about being possibly a run of meet Have you I had that conversation.
Speaker 5: No, I think that We've had an open conversation about the fact that I'm in for the country to make change in a lot of different ways, you know. I mean, the truth is, I think it's important that everybody know what they're getting with me, and I think there's ways to drive change in this country that don't just come through government. That's what I've been doing my whole career. Anyway, now there's a lot of speculation out there, and you know, if that came up, it would be a serious conversation that I'd be willing to have and I'd want to make sure that we're on the same page to deliver for the country. One of the things I've learned is from building businesses is the people who you work with, you know, the chemistry between them. Alignment on the vision that's really important. And if you have you know, if you have a little bit of daylight early on, that can become you know, wide open gaps later on in the course of building a business. I think it's not going to be any different in running the government. So I believe that he and I are deeply aligned. But I think that if that were a serious conversation, I'd want to make sure it was the right choice for him, just as it was the right choice for the country and for me. And if it was, that's something I would be willing to evaluate.
Speaker 4: I read, you're not on the short list anymore. But I heard him say. I heard him say, he said that y'all would be working together for you.
Speaker 5: I think that I'm in this for the country, so I'm gonna do whatever allows me to have maximum impact on the country. I believe there's lots of ways to have impact in the country that don't come just through government service, but that is something that's required right now. I do think the government bureaucracy in Washington, d C. What we call the administrative state, the permanent state, the shadow government, the deep state. I do think that that is the real threat to liberty in this country. I do think it's the real threat to prosperity in this country. Goes beyond black versus white, or Republican versus Democrat. I think this is about the permanent state, the managerial class, the bureaucracy versus the citizen. And so if that is a focus of Donald Trump and believes that he needs to actually shut down that deep state, as I believe we need to, I think he has that conviction. I definitely do. Then, Yes, absolutely, I'm going to go in there and do everything I can to make that happen.
Speaker 9: We got more with v Vi Ramswami. When we come back, don't move as the breakfast club, Good Morning want everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to God, we are to breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking it with Vivic Ramswami.
Speaker 4: Charloma, you said that, you know, you feel like Democrats and Republicans both need to figure out what their party are. Yes, and I agree, And I think that starts with Democrats moving away from President Joe Biden. I think that starts with Republicans moving away from Donald Trump. So it makes me wonder, like, why have you chosen to endorse Donald Trump as the polls to somebody like a Nicki Haletton.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I think this goes to the ideological divide in the GOP. Actually, one direction of the Republican Party is a belief that it is the job of the US government to play the role of global policeman, to establish a surveillance state here at home to be able to defend what they will call national security. I'm not criticizing it. I'm just describing with the viewers and that whatever it takes fighting those foreign wars, having people who have interests in them running the government, and people who are adopting a survey all in state here at home, that that's the right vision. Nikki Haley, I believe is a representation of that George Bush era Republican Party. There are people in the Republican Party that want to see that be the future of the Republican Party that believe and agree with Nicki Haley that for our national security we do need to require every citizen to tie their social media account and their Internet profiles to their government issued ID in driver's license. I disagree with these things, but that is a view I think Dick Cheney would agree with that. I think the post nine to eleven Patriot Act proponents would agree with that. I think that the George Bush era, Carl Rove era, Lindsey Graham Republicans would agree with that. And that's one vision for the Republican Party. It's not mine. My vision for the Republican Party is one that you could call a libertarian nationalist vision, which says that the people we elect to run the government should be the ones who actually run the government, not the bureaucracy. The people we actually elect should be the ones that actually make the laws, not a bunch of bureaucrats. That's a very different vision than the Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Nicki Haley, George Bush John view which exists in the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: That don't look like that's the choice. That don't look like Trump's Republican Party either, though.
Speaker 5: I respectfully disagree with you there. I was because I believed I was to lead that to the next level with clarity.
Speaker 8: But I think that to have corporate donors in there, and you know that they're beholding.
Speaker 5: So I'll tell you what I favor. I don't think that we should have super PACs in American politics. I think the super PACs. I don't know if you're familiar with this concept, there are cancer on American politics.
Speaker 8: Eighty eight should watch it?
Speaker 5: Okay on Stars than Hulu right now? All right, sounds good? Back to my that'll that'll probably be my inaugural movie. I haven't watched on in a long time. I think that the super PACs or cancer on American politics. I think lobbying is a cancer on American politics. As I said, I don't think you should be able to leave the government and lobby that same government ever, but at least for ten years after you've left. If you've done special favors for a company, I don't think you should be able to join the board.
Speaker 1: Of that company.
Speaker 5: This is my issue with Nikki Haley. Right she's scratched Boeing's back, gave hundreds of millions of dollars of special benefits in South Carolina. As soon as she leaves government has a board seat waiting on none other then Boeing, the company that apparently can't even fly plades in the sky anymore. I think the Republican debate that you get to speak your minds openly as long as I get to in return.
Speaker 4: You know, we weren't included and none of that though, black people with brown people like yourself, yeah, age people like we were never included.
Speaker 5: But let's celebrate the progress we have made towards those ideals. Because here's the thing about the United States of America. We're a nation founded of I don't mean this as as a joke. We're not a nation of gods. We're a nation of men. The difference between man and God is that man is imperfect. Yet we're a nation still founded.
Speaker 1: On ideals, but only white always.
Speaker 8: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: That's in the past.
Speaker 5: Man, that's not in the past.
Speaker 1: You know, the other day, I can't remember to site what he said.
Speaker 9: I think that we referred to as a seven eleven worker white at the White House like this is this is this is sad.
Speaker 1: But that's how to look at us any sad sight. That's how I look at you, and that's how I look at us. What do you what do you think it was a joke? I took it as a joke.
Speaker 5: Actually, if you read it into the article, which I did, it was actually it was a poking fun at a lot of the left wing self awareness here. What do you think Martin Luther King would say, we just had MLK Day, we celebrated. That was the day that Iowa US. What do you think he would say about where we are as a country today? He said, I hope my four children grow up in a country where they're judged not on the color of their skin, but on the content of their character. When he said that about sixty years ago and he woke up to the country, let's say he just tele transported to the country we're in right now, do you think he would say that, oh, my gosh, we have regressed, or that, oh, I'm very upset about where we've landed. Or he sees a country where everybody's able to go to the ballot box and cast their vote, anybody's able to start a business, everybody start from the same place.
Speaker 8: Now, a lot of voter depression that keeps up black.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you a question, though, if you just snap of a finger from nineteen sixty three or nineteen sixty four, whenever it was.
Speaker 1: He would say, sixty years he would say that progress.
Speaker 5: But still he would say to the and so is there racism today? Yes, there is, of course there is. Let me tell you one of the most best interactions I had in Iowa was with a a black pastor, not that many of him in Iowa, I promise you. He came to one of our events. The first thing he says is before I ask my question to do a push up challenge with you, can you actually handle ten push ups? So we hit ten push ups on the spot. Then he asked me the hard question.
Speaker 8: I don't believe you did push up on the spots.
Speaker 1: I did thirty push ups on the spot. Why not do it?
Speaker 5: Hit it right now, right now? I did thirty this morning.
Speaker 1: Let me see you're do with me?
Speaker 5: Pop them out.
Speaker 16: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: You get the blood man, all right, Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm at twenty. It'll be so tired. I mean, you fought it. You fought it. You did. Oh my good, what kind of forward with it? That's thirty easy, he's beat ray beat red. Good job, good job, job, job good.
Speaker 5: Just one of the things I missed from the campaign.
Speaker 1: And ask him the hard questions.
Speaker 10: That's what he did.
Speaker 5: He got me out of breath. And then he asked me the hard question, which is one of our ten troops in the campaign. Okay, was verse racism is racism?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: You shouldn't fall so easily to pay a pressure, but.
Speaker 10: I had my man.
Speaker 5: I was trying to peer pressure you into the birkepiece. It was just a healthy but skeptical question. And I'll tell you what I told him, which is a certain point, we gotta we have to embrace because he's a pastor, right, And so I was trying to think about how to speak the language that we both share in common, the virtue of mercy forgiveness. So this is not to say that we're going to deny something that's happened in the country, because I think that is an approach. Some people try to take denialism, right, Oh that didn't happen. No, I'm not taking that pressure NI did last week or two weeks ago or whatever it was. That's what Tim Scott has done, That's what the Vice president has done, Joe Biden has done. They all say, oh, America is not a racist country. At a certain point, the right answer is Clemency is mercy. There's a time for mercy and there's a time for justice, and sometimes those are intention with each other. But I think then now is the time for mercy. We're creating more race consciousness in a way that creates more division rather than less right now, And that's my that's one of my core issues with the with the so called deeigen. So it's not to deny anything else, but and it's a hard thing to say, well I was wrong. Well, how can you just say clemency and forgiveness now? And now I'm gonna say some things that might make you upset then, But then you could have a bunch of other people that make a claim on something that they were wrong with Japanese people were internment camps, or Jewish Americans or anybody else. We can all play that game.
Speaker 1: And the reason you need the that becomes a currency is because of systemic and structural racism. Can you admit I just agree that this country there is systemic and structural racism in this country. I have to know what those terms mean, Charlemagne, to be able to answer systemic racisms.
Speaker 4: Use I said racism, you said systemic in structural racism, you said you said structure.
Speaker 5: In stating the argument for the other side of what's used, I don't think systemic racism.
Speaker 1: It's it's a little bit of a cop out, right, I know what racism is.
Speaker 4: We know that anism is healthcare system, We know that inequalities in the justice system.
Speaker 1: We know these things are Has there historically been in this country?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: There has, yes, right, And I think that what we want to do is limit rights movement.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: And actually a lot of what I'm standing for, for example, is I think that there are civil rights inequalities right now when it comes to your political beliefs. I think that that's actually something that exists right now. So the same FBI that was going after Martin Luther King sixty years ago on the basis of incorrectly collected tapes, it's a mystery to me that much of the left that should remember this from sixty years ago, somehow believes that that same FBI is a saintly organization.
Speaker 1: That is somehow we've never thought that. We've been telling y'all the FBI is corrupt. Yeah. Good.
Speaker 5: So, So why does everybody, what does everybody somehow now believe that just because it's Christopher Ray or James call me who's lead again, says so everybody believes that if you pray and bring that same point up suddenly that that's a conspiracy.
Speaker 4: It's an investigation and if there's evidence in that investigation, you make in arrest, and then that's why we have judicial system is due process.
Speaker 8: So what we're seeing now is somebody going through due process.
Speaker 5: So I think that I think that I'm in a different place than you, which is I think the FBI was corrupt then and I think the FBI is corrupt today.
Speaker 1: I'm not disagreeing. And so the idea that they don't I don't mean that they don't.
Speaker 5: Investigate people and if you have committed a crime, I think, but I think we can't talk about sides of our mouth, right For a lot of these institutions that have been corrupt in the same way in our past, have they gone There have been two standards of justice based on your skin color, Absolutely there have been. If you look at other points today, are there two standards of justice today based on your political beliefs?
Speaker 1: I think the answer to that questioning logic the FBI that means everybody they've ever arrested, it was, it was.
Speaker 5: They shouldn't saying that, But I'm saying that there's there is a by anybody's logic. But you could say that sixty years ago the same thing that wasn't true then, that isn't true today. But is there a fundamentally corrupting influence and bias today that is based on your political belief I think the answer is yes, And I think that's that's wrong today as it was sixty or eighty years ago, for it to be based on your skin color. And what I've seen on the modern left is now questioning that fundamental corruption in the FBI. And I favor shutting down the FBI. And that's a different position than pretty much every other Republican who says, maybe fire Christopher. I am the only Republican in this field who thinks that's a good idea. I think shutting down the FBI is a good idea because the only way you're going to reform a corrupt bureaucracy isn't just by reforming it, it's actually by shutting it down.
Speaker 1: Listen, I got a piece. We got to wrap this up.
Speaker 11: Far.
Speaker 4: I think what you just said is great. You have better ideas than a Donald Trumps. There's no need to be his sheep.
Speaker 5: Support need to be the best person to lead this country forward.
Speaker 1: There's no need to be his life.
Speaker 5: I disagree with your characters.
Speaker 1: I believe you're better than that. Personally.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed the conversation we're having here, and I think that we need more of this in the country. I don't think we need people continue to just talk and feed their own echo chambers. I think we need more of this. And so next time we're in New York with some time, you have my word, I'll swing by if you'll have me.
Speaker 1: You got to go on my Guys show too. Man, You're supposed to do it, but I think you had reschedule.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, okay, I think I'm seeing him soon. Be vake that I say, right, Vi vike Vic be back.
Speaker 1: All right, Ram Swaman. We appreciate you for joining us again. Thank you so much. Good to see man. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Let's jump to the rumors of names or you gossip been chatting?
Speaker 1: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right, all right now, salute to og Eve.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 9: Eve was doing BBC Radio and was talking about being in quote unquote an older mom and what that means for her and other older women out there.
Speaker 18: First time mom at forty three and I'm happy to be honest that I'm an older mom because I had a lot of things that I think I would have definitely unintentionally passed on because I believe in that familial breaking of things. I do believe in all that, and I feel like I needed to shed some things before I had a kid.
Speaker 1: And we are working progress. Yeah it's okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, to know that, to own that, admit that, and work on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I think it's great and also gives a lot of people hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah out there who were thinking.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, it's not over.
Speaker 18: When I talk to God, some of my friends, you know, mid thirties, they've frozen their eggs and things.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do not stress yourself.
Speaker 10: You are good, you have time.
Speaker 18: They make us feel like, hurry up, why you're not married, Why you ain't got no kids yet? Why you ain't married yet. I feel I have the patience as well. I'm not chasing nothing as your story. This is your story the story.
Speaker 4: I agree with her on that, because you know, you get started on your healing journey. I got started on my healing journey in twenty sixteen, you know, so I feel like, you know, my last two daughters are getting the best, best version of me.
Speaker 8: I mean, all of them are now you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking about like initially when they were first born, my fifteen year old and my eight year old. But as far as being older parent, yes, agree with everything she said mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, but.
Speaker 1: Boy, physically, physically, it's difficult.
Speaker 4: I remember one of my homeboys told me that one time, to me, why you wanta wait till you get older to have have a whole bunch of kids.
Speaker 1: You can't run around and play with him like I please, I have the energy at forty something. Okay, now I get it. Okay, it's difficult.
Speaker 9: I remember, you know, jumping on the trampoline with Madison and Logan when they were young.
Speaker 1: Trampoline now, please, My favorite thing to do in the trampoline to play popcorn. Daddy just gonna lay here. That's just gonna lay here, and y'all jump around me.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding, I'm sitting there catching a little nap while they're doing popcorn. Okay, don't let nobody fool you being a forty something your old parent, I'm forty five, Okay, Being a.
Speaker 1: Forty five year old parent and you got young kids running around. There's no joke. Okay, I have fifteen, eight, five and two. Please that two year old?
Speaker 8: Is that man?
Speaker 1: Come on now?
Speaker 8: What you talking about?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: And you want to play Superman? Just finished working out? You want to pick up my eight year old? Pick up a little I can't even know how much she weighs. I gotta fly to him around. And I got three of them, all of them want to do Superman. Daddy ain't got that kind of script for that kind of energy.
Speaker 9: I do this thing now. I put them on a blanket on the floor. Let them lay on a blanket. I just dragged the blanket around the house.
Speaker 8: No, they want to They want to do super with the super super they names.
Speaker 4: And I pick them up and I fly him around as soon as I put one down to pick him, fly him around.
Speaker 9: And it's never got to fly him around, never never gets to Lord to have mercy. But Daddy do now NBC. I thought this was crazy NBC since it c J Stroud. He of course, he's the quarterback for the Houston Texans. After they lost, he gave you know, he was thinking the city and thanking everybody, thinking the fans. But they cut out a line. Let's see the line that they cut out. Played a version where they didn't cut it out yet, No, no, no.
Speaker 5: Stop it. Play the other version in your.
Speaker 17: First NFL season and a record setting performance for you.
Speaker 1: What does this moment mean?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's been amazing being in this city for how short as our been.
Speaker 1: Now that's what they played on NBC.
Speaker 9: They actually did some editing, and they did the editing fast, and this is actually what happened first formos.
Speaker 5: I just want to give a face by Lord and save Jesus Fries.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been amazing.
Speaker 5: They took out the part where he praised Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So matter question isn't that it's not live. That wasn't a live post game thing.
Speaker 9: I guess, like anything else, it might be like fifteen seconds just in case somebody curses.
Speaker 5: They could edit it out.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could do that on live TV. I don't know you could cut I know you could probably do a bleep or something. I don't know you could cut somebody's whole clip. You you sure that ain't edited for social media and somebody's just trying to get a conversation.
Speaker 9: One, that's what it said, but you know, we can you can do that. Heead, we're live, but we're delayed.
Speaker 5: By ten seconds or whatever it is, fifteen seconds.
Speaker 8: I know that, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you can do that on TV.
Speaker 4: But people, people, athletes thank God all the time. So why would they cut that out? I don't have I think that's some social media rubbish. Literally, people thank God all the time on the biggest stages when like all the time, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Also, lastly, you know, shout to the Grammys.
Speaker 9: They recently announced that burna Boy was added to the performance lineup of this year's Grammy Awards February fourth, Drop a.
Speaker 5: Bomb for burna Boy.
Speaker 9: The only problem is when they played the clip and it went out to promot it, it wasn't burna Boy, it was another Nigeria singer, say E Vibes.
Speaker 5: They got it wrong.
Speaker 9: Now, mind you, burna Boy has been nominated before, he's been to the Grammys before, but the fact that they had a different person is kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: Now he's nominated for four Awards this year. He has a total of ten Grimmy nominations.
Speaker 9: He won a Grammy in twenty twenty one for his album Twice as Tall and he's gonna be the first African.
Speaker 4: To perform on the Grammy. So salute again to burn a Boy, Burner Boy. I'm still stuck on y NBC would cut that? What would be the reason when people thank God all the freaking time? And I mean I do know that, you know, they always trying to take God out of out of things, But you know, it's just strange to me, like, why would that happen in that moment?
Speaker 1: I don't know, don't know, And that is your rumor reports.
Speaker 9: All right, let's get to the mixed, the People's choice Mixed, get your request in eight hundred five eight five one oh five. One is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ NV, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 9: We are the Breakfast Club. Now saluta Vin Gates for joining us this morning. Make sure you pick up his album Ceremony.
Speaker 4: It'll be out Friday, that's right, And listen, man, I love when you know black men talk about their healing journeys. Man, and you know everything that Kevin Gates says, the way he looks you know his music, his healing journey is definitely reflecting and all of that. So Salutor Kevin Gates, Man, make sure you get ceremony this Friday. Whoa and also Vigaami. Yes, but vic Ramaswami. I don't have anything to say about.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 1: I mean I listen.
Speaker 4: I enjoy uh, you know, healthy conversations, you know, And I'm not. I'm the type person I can sit down and you know, chop it up with anybody.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm never the type of person that has to pick a side.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I like the I like the nuance of things. That's what I That's what I enjoy. Okay, all right, when we come back. We got the positive notice the breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. Charlamagne, you got a positive note?
Speaker 1: I do, man.
Speaker 4: I just want to quote Aristotle this morning. Aristotle said, excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives. Choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
Speaker 5: Breakfast Club, bitches do y'all
Speaker 8: Finish, or y'all done.