Speaker 1: There is a story that is coming out of Arizona right now and it deals with Jeff Dewed, who is the chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. Jeff had lots of conversations, obviously with Cary Lake, and in one of those conversations he was recorded. He has now resigned as the Arizona Republican Party chairperson after a recording revealed that he offered what they're describing as a bribe to Cary Lake to not run for the Senate. Now, let me say this first off about recordings in general. I don't like people that record other people, especially if they're they're having a candid conversation or their friends. In an Arizona, it's a one party state, so you understand one one party can decide to record it. The other party doesn't have to know about it. That's obviously what happened here with Jeff. And apparently from what Jeff has now said as resignation letter, there other conversations that they had that were blunt and honest, that were I guess between the two supposed to be confidential that apparently we're also recorded. Now this is going to hurt in the long run. Cary and her relationships with other people. I think, however, she's obviously feels like she is exposing corruption. Now I'm going to read for you the statement from the chairman, Jeff de Witt, so that you understand what he says, and then I'm going to play for you this audio so you can hear it all in context. He said this in his resignation letter. Quote and lie. Of the recent revelation that Caryl Lake has released a selectively edited audio recording of our private conversation, I must clearly address this deceptive tactic. The recording from over ten months ago, so she was sitting on this for ten months, is not only taken out of context, but also undermines the integrity of private discussions critical for party leadership. As chairman, my primary duty is to strengthen our party, which often involves challenging dialogues and strategic decisions. These conversations are meant to assess enhance the viability of our candidates. The truth is when I took the helm, our party was in disarray, financially unstable, organizationally weak and lacking and momentum. Today we have made significant improvements and acquiring a new office headquarters, legal victories for election integrity and historic fundraising achievements. Contrary to the notion of me being an enemy of Lakes, this conversation was recorded while I was actually employing Lake in my private company. Let me say that again, contrary to the notion of me being an enemy of Lakes, this conversation was recorded while I was actually employing Lake in my private company. In fact, for over a year and a half, we have had many conversations where I was looking out for her financial interests. The ethical breach in her recording of our conversation while while Lake was my employee raises serious legal and moral concerns. This active recording was not just a betrayal of trust, but also a violation of the fiduciary responsibilities of an employee. Contrary to accusations of bribery, my discussions were transparent and intended to offer perspective, not coercion. Our relationship was based on friendship, and the conversation that is now being scrutinized was an open, unguarded exchange between friends in the living room of her house. I genuinely believed I was offering a helpful perspective to someone I considered a friend. Blake has a massive megaphone that I cannot compete with. I am just a business and financial guide that got recruited into this unpaid role that demands the amount of time of roughly two full time jobs. Nights, weekends, holidays and more are all workeday. My motivation for accepting this position was that I wanted to contribute positively, with the primary focus being the betterment of Arizona and our nation through the election of competent individuals. While there is much more that I could express, I must refrain from defending myself as I could potentially undermine this objective. Since our conversation where I advised Lake to postpone her campaign and aim for the government's position in two years, she has been on a mission to destroy me. It was a suggestion, maybe in good faith, believing it could benefit both her future prospects and the party's overall strategy. The release of our conversation by Lake confirms a disturbing tendency to exploit private interactions for personal gain and increases concerns about her habit of secretly recording personal and private conversations. This is obviously a concern given how much interaction she has with high profile people, including President Trump. I question how he goes on to say effective a United States Senator can be when they cannot be trusted to engage in private and confidential conversations. I said things I regret, but I realize, when hearing Lake's recordings that are recording singular, that I was set up. I believe she orchestrated this entire situation. I have control over the state Party, and it is obvious from the recording that she crafted her performance responses with the knowledge that she was recording it, intending to use this recording later to portray herself as a hero in her own story. This morning, I was determined to fight for my position. However, a few hours ago, I received an ultimatum from Lake's team resigned today or face the release of a new, more damaging recording. I am truly unsure of its contents, but considering our numerous past open conversations as friends, I have decided not to take the risk. I am resigning as Lake requested, and hope that she will honor her commitment to cease her attacks, allowing me to return to the business sector, a field I find much more logical and prefer over politics. He goes on to write, I am a proud supporter President Trump, having worked diligently as the COO and CFO of his twenty sixteen campaign, served in his administration for two years, and returned as the COO of his twenty twenty campaign. Like many Republicans, I'm eager to see him return to the White House, bringing back low and inflation, a secure border, and economic growth. President Trump is not only a successful businessman, but also a passionate patriot. We have both faced the challenges of dealing with unauthorized recordings, a situation no one should endure. While I have occasionally critiqued some of his endorsement, my admiration for his character has never faltered. My decision, my dedication, i should say, remains with Arizona. Republicans are commenable election elected officials and candidates who are champions of freedom, as well as my friends in the Trump campaign, united in our goal to reclaim the White House. Our party's focus should be unity, integrity, the selection of candidates who can truly lead and represent our values. We are weakened by internal strifes, underheted tactics and the erosion of trust. As someone who has dedicated countless unpaid hours to this cause. I hope that every future party chairman is as committed to steering our party towards a future that embodies our core principles of unity, respect, and professionalism. In closing, my actions will always reflect what's best for Arizona Republicans are commendable elected officials and our mission to reclaim the White House. This is all such a distract to that mission that I am doing as Miss Lake wishes, and I am stepping down his chairmer of the Arizona Republican Party. Now that obviously is Jeff DeWitt. His resignation letter, let me say one thing in here, when he says that they told him that they if he didn't resign today, they were going to put out a release, a new tape, more damning recording, he said, I'm truly unsure of its contents, but considering our numerous past open conversations as friends, I've decided not to take the risk. What that means is he said some things, probably about Donald Trump, and down lower in that when he said, you know, basicallyedging it, pledging his allegiance to Donald Trump. It's pretty clear. This is my guess that he probably said Donald Trump picked some bad candidates and really screwed up in some of these different states in the last election cycle when he picked people like doctor Oz, which were terrible. And by the way, I've said that openly. I don't know why he's afraid of that coming out, or it could have been something maybe a lot worse than that. I don't know, but it was obviously enough of a threat that he decided to step down from position as the chair. All right, let me tell you real quick about an amazing company. And if you're like me, and you're sick and tire to giving your money to companies that hate you, that literally hate you, hate your family values, hate your Christian values, hate your traditional values, well now there's an option. When it comes to your cell phone. I have switched to Patriot Mobile, and when I look at my phone every time, and the top left it says Patriot. And I know that when I pay my bill every month, that a percentage of that bill, at no extra cost to me, is going to go back to support conservative causes, candidates, organizations, and most importantly to me, support the rights of unborn children's country to live now I do that every month because I love knowing that I'm giving my money to a company that actually loves my values. For ten years, Patriot Mobile has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider, and when I say only trust me, they are the only one. Patriot Mobile is a great supporter of this show, which is why I'm proud to partner with him. Because it's work conservative ideals. Patriot Mobile offers dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks the same exact cell phone towers you're using right now, which means you get the same coverage you've been accustomed to without funding the left. Now, when you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're sending the message that you support free speech, religious freedom, the sanctity of life, the Second Amendment, and our military veterans and first responder heroes. So check out Patriot Mobile. Go to Patriot mobile dot com slash ferguson. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash ferguson or nine to seven to two Patriot get free activation when you use the offer code ferguson. Join me, make the switch today and make a difference with every phone call. Nine seven to two Patriot or patriotmobile dot com slash Ferguson. Now you get to decide if this is bribery or not. And I'm going to play you the entire audio recording. Let me explain why there's a lot of recordings that are out there that are pieced together that I don't think are accurate. I want you to hear the long version, and I want you to decide what you think about this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There are obviously many that are celebrating this in the MAGA community, saying this is great that he's gone. This guy sucks. You got to look at his past. He worked for Donald Trump not once but twice in his campaign capacity in Arizona to deliver Arizona. So keep that in perspective as you as you listen to this. And again I go back to what I said earlier. Taping people that you think are your friends and then holding it for ten months is leverage that just personally bothers me. But listen to this and you tell me what you think about.
Speaker 2: This, what's going on? What is I'm assuming this is our friend?
Speaker 3: This is this is.
Speaker 4: There are very powerful people want to keep you out.
Speaker 5: They do, but they're willing to put.
Speaker 3: Their money with their mouths in a big way. So this conversations you never have.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, though they should want me. I'm a great candidate. People love me. These people are corrupt.
Speaker 3: Well maybe you're right.
Speaker 5: They are right, they are corrupt.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll get myself this if you if you say no, it's just fine. It's your choice.
Speaker 5: Don't tell people they're gonna try to have me murdered.
Speaker 3: He says, world.
Speaker 4: Man, get that stuff that came out last week is right about the cartel stuff car They see the cartel's offering in fifty states right now, I'm called fifty So.
Speaker 5: So what what? What's going on? Who is it?
Speaker 3: What forget to who? Let me just tell you what.
Speaker 5: I just say.
Speaker 3: There are people calling around saying, gosh, no, they can't pay this. Never beat this. If you say no, don't you say I got offered to buy out? Yeah, because then we lose our bill to get things done in the future.
Speaker 2: Here's my problem, rather than just say, let's work with her. She's a great candidate, because they don't own me, and it pisses me off.
Speaker 3: Yes, my ownership.
Speaker 5: It's about control.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's about control. It's about being on the team.
Speaker 2: I guess that's they want to be on the team. They want you to be on their team. But if they're pushing a globalist agenda, I can't do that. So what do they want? What do they want me to do?
Speaker 4: You want to stay opportunities, but let't tell you what I can after you. But I said, you can do whatever you want talking. So the ask of me was it's kind of funny. So the ask I got.
Speaker 3: Today from back east was this, Yes, it's six of us. Is there any companies out there or something that could just put her on the payroll and give her keep brown? And I said, what do you wanting to do? Whatever you need to do.
Speaker 2: This is about defeating Trump, and I think that's a bad, bad thing for our country. DeSantis is not America.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 2: This is about the final death blow to Trump, and I don't think that's good for our country.
Speaker 3: I don't think you, but I love Trump.
Speaker 5: It's not good for our country. Job it's not.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I'm not even true Trump from anything. Oh, I don't, Joan. I think what it really comes out to for a lot of people, it's not only about.
Speaker 4: Control or agenda. This is about the ability to raise the line to win. You know, if you really are on all.
Speaker 3: Who those plas and another back and then even on.
Speaker 2: Their like what makes them the last n I know, there's all these insultants don't want their payday to end, and I don't want to make a deal with these kind of people. This is a hill worth dying on. I'm not if they're going to steal the election to make me and our movement go away, I'm not letting him do that. I owe it to the people of Arizona or to carry their torch.
Speaker 5: And the voice or you don't go away, but pause. This is the battles right now, Jeff Paw and you their couts. No, the battle is right now.
Speaker 2: The battle is right now, and we don't have time to pause on this battlefield.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 3: What you can't scratch this out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want me to offer them.
Speaker 3: And they're sitting on people that have some cofers. It's just it's it's a it's a bachelors club, that's all.
Speaker 2: DC.
Speaker 3: This is a big question.
Speaker 4: You're no, you're no position discratching what he's back and you've already made it known that if you get there.
Speaker 3: In discretions, fact I outscratch.
Speaker 4: People's fact I was I've been on the outs for a lot of people for a long time.
Speaker 3: I want spresh, wives, Where are we in two years?
Speaker 5: Could you again listen to what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do something about it so that we the people can pick our.
Speaker 3: What can we do?
Speaker 2: I'm not willing to accept that. Then I'm going to be the biggest pain in these people. Go back and tell them that I'm running and I'm going to be the biggest pain in the.
Speaker 3: And I'm willing to tell them.
Speaker 5: That, and They're going to have to kill me to stop me.
Speaker 3: I work.
Speaker 5: You don't have to tell them that, but I don't think they will.
Speaker 3: But not.
Speaker 2: Either they come around and try to work with me or I'm just in entail. That would entail not telling Layman's telling me you got to distance yourself from Trump.
Speaker 5: No, you just since yourself from DeSantis.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is, don't tell people that I'm with Trump. Okay, I want to work for the betterment of Arizona. I'm not going to let these people back in DC. Tell me, not your bun I'm telling them that's one. I'm not going to pause for two years. The battle is now. I'm offended by whoever these people are, that they're trying to buy me out, and.
Speaker 3: You should be honored.
Speaker 2: But I'm offended that there's people back there you just don't get about our country.
Speaker 3: Do you understand? Though you should be honored, that that means they know how powerful you are.
Speaker 5: Well, you can tell them that we're powerful.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't They wouldn't want to have this conversation. Yeah, right, you should. Very few people get this.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm pissed that they don't care more about our country. It's all about the mighty dollar to them, and that's offensive.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They want to get Trump so bad, they want them out so bad.
Speaker 3: Trump this, but.
Speaker 5: Some people are listen, I can win.
Speaker 2: Why don't you go back and tell him that I can win and won't take it behind me.
Speaker 4: I just see, I see these things two different things. It's very personal to you. This is you, this is your name on about her?
Speaker 3: Can I get that?
Speaker 1: I want to just pause here, and I want you to think about a couple of things here. One he's a GOP chairman. He's talking to people out east. They're telling him they don't like her, they don't wonder, they don't think she can win. He also said on the record he doesn't think Donald Trump can win. He's concerned about that as well. And she's saying you can't buy me, and he's saying you should be flattered. Now that really bothers me. One of the things here that was said a moment ago was this comment that was basically saying you should be flattered that people want to keep you out. And I said, it bothers me. Let me explain to you why it bothers me. It's this idea that there is such arrogance of these establishment Republicans that they think they can just buy off anybody with Okay, you go sit on this board, here's some money. Shut up and sit down. We'll tell you when it's your time to run again, you need to stop. You not run this time. We're gonna buy you out, right, Like that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna you're gonna lose. We're not gonna support you, We're gonna give money. We're gonna make sure the money's cut off from you, and the establishment's been doing this to great candets for a long time. There are a lot of hardcore conservative candidates that don't have the establishment backing, and this is exactly how they're treated. They shut down the money. I mean, we've seen this with Mitch McConnell, for example, shutting off the money to hardcore conservative candets in the House and the Senate because he doesn't like dealing with him, because he can't tell them to shut up and sit down on all of the issues. That's one of the reasons why clearly they don't want Krylake to win the Senate seat. And he says, this chairman, you know, you should be flattered. He also said something else, he said, you have nothing to offer them. There's no way for you to scratch their back, right, Like, what do you have to offer them? Well, that's also a problem in politics. It shouldn't be about what you have to offer a person individually. It should be how good of a leader they are for the people they represent in the state of Arizona in this example, or any other state where there's an elected official running. Now, I personally believe that this GOP chairman should have not walked in there to quote broker this deal. Certainly not this way. I think you should have come in and said, hey, they want you out. They're not going to support you, they want you to wait for two years. If you're willing to wait for two years or willing to give you a really fat paycheck and take care of you that way, I think it's bs cary. I think you should do whatever you want to do, what you think is right. But I told them, as the chairman of the party, I would at least give the message. But I think it's crap and you need to do it's best for you and what you think is right with your timing. Now, that is, in my opinion, what a good GOP chairman would have done. You can relay a message, that's fine, and if you're the intermediary, relay it, but don't sell it the way that he's selling it. Right now, Well, you've got nothing to offer, Well, I think Trump is probably not gonna win. Well, I think that you know you should sit and wait two more years. You know, that's where he screwed up. And in my opinion, that is exactly the moment when it cost him his job, because he was clearly acting on the interest of people that by the way out out east as he described it, meaning they're not even in Arizona. So the question is was this even what was good for Arizona? Was this good for the people of Arizona. The way that he described it sounds like there's people outside of Arizona that are controlling who gets to run for office within Arizona. Now I would say this, I want to know who the names are. I want to know who the people are. I want to know who the people are that are bribing, and I want to know where else they're doing it around the country, because clearly it's not just in Arizona where they'll show up and talk to somebody and say, Okay, here's what we need you to do. We need you not to run. We're gonna put you on the board of this company. We're gonna get you a job making a bunch of money at this company. We're gonna give you some cash over at this company, right because that's what the offer is. So clearly this is a tried and true policy that's happened, a plan that has happened, i should say, multiple times, with multiple candidates, probably around the country. Again, based on what we're hearing now. Listen to part two of this conversation again. This is the chairman former now chairman of the Republican Party of Arizona and Cary Lake in her home apparently listen.
Speaker 3: It's a very personal point.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a appointment coming up and I have to work on my book. Yeah, I'm not gonna I appreciate their concern, just.
Speaker 3: To say, is there a number which.
Speaker 2: I can be bought? That's what it's about. Ticking hawks for governors now do no.
Speaker 1: Got to be clear, that is bribery. When he when she tries to end that conversation and says, you know, I got I got a call to do, and I got some work doing. I got back on my book. And he says, well, hold on, is there a number? And she says, to be Bonnie, He's like, no, not to be bought, but just to hit a pause. That's being bought, folks, Like he knows that's being bought. She knows that's what's being bought. And this is the reason why I said earlier in general, I don't like it when people's conversations are recorded, Like I think, like when you don't when you're when you're recording somebody in their own home, uh this you know in this or they're recording you when they invite you into their home. I think it's just principally wrong. However, if you're Carrie Lake and this is what's happened to you on the regular by the chairman of the GOP party, and apparently there were other taps so she recorded there, there is a question here was this the right thing to expose it this way and cost him as chairmanship. It's obviously going to affect him in a very negative way in business as well. But what you just heard there was very clear bribery. I'm going to back it up about twenty seconds. I want you to hear it again, and I'll let the play the tape play out.
Speaker 3: Is there a.
Speaker 2: Number which I can be bought?
Speaker 5: That's what it's about. You can take a hawks for cost.
Speaker 3: Go right back to.
Speaker 2: No. Ten million, twenty million, third, no, no, no, a billion. No.
Speaker 5: This is not about money. This is about our country.
Speaker 2: I think it's disturbing that they would even that anybody would think this is to be fair.
Speaker 4: Even me, even me, I'll say this, I want fresh fats right now for the reason that I've never seen anyone.
Speaker 3: I can't think of a single person in food lost Randon in a walk.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to By the way, notice that what he just said, he said, I'm ready for a new face. So he's a part of this group now right. They're trying to orchestrate this. They don't want Cary Lake to win. They don't think that she can win. And and what he just said there was I'm ready for a new face. So he's telling Cary Lake, I don't want you to run either, So give me a number. Let's pause, you make some cash for the next couple of years, right, and and then and then we'll revisit you running for governor. That is the offer. What is your number? And listen to how frustrated I'm going to back it up. About ten seconds Cary becomes At that point.
Speaker 4: He lost, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not going to let these people who hate off country tell me nota.
Speaker 5: You should call them and.
Speaker 2: Tell them to get behind me.
Speaker 5: I can win and they should get behind me.
Speaker 3: Have to say the voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you think if my words will carry anyway?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, did you think you would come in here and that I would be bought?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is being bought. They are trying to buy me out of running. And it's it's actually, I mean, all right, I'm flattered. It's I'm offended for our country. We have people like this who live here. Exists.
Speaker 3: Is it can give you an incredible opportunity to have a bigger voice to fight for stuff.
Speaker 1: Than parent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to deal with people like this.
Speaker 2: These people are an American and I think they're unethical and I would be absolutely immoral if I did that.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: That's you know, It's just it's very powerful people that are willing to They really want something different.
Speaker 3: They want new names. Whatever it is.
Speaker 5: That's a new name.
Speaker 3: No, actually that's not even that that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: But they're even asking me, like, I know, they've got all these new names, and I'm going to be each and every one of them. Sorry, Jack, take it back, take it back to them.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta get working. I love you, but I gotta be working.
Speaker 3: All right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just I can't believe this.
Speaker 4: Instead of they just look instead of just them working to beat you, they're trying to like.
Speaker 2: There, this is about getting Trump out. It's about DeSantis getting in Desanta sid I'm getting Santis is getting Trump out.
Speaker 3: He's reading too deep into it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what happens. Maybe my case will go through, maybe they'll do the right thing. I hope so I do too, that's my first goal. But they can't have me in the governor's office because then we are going to root out some of this corruption.
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: The people don't get to choose their elected officials unless they're pre approved.
Speaker 5: By the swamp, and the swamp doesn't approve of me.
Speaker 2: I think you should go public with this and then say, hey, these people don't want to they.
Speaker 5: Don't want there.
Speaker 3: I turned my key in my car and.
Speaker 5: Tell them I'm not flattered. I'm offended that this conversation. I'm offended that they don't care about our country more.
Speaker 4: I actually wish you just give me a counter offer this big give me count I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't be bought. I can't Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 1: I can't be bought. Give them a counter offer. Give them a counter offer. Now, there are two things here that you need to understand. The takeaways. Number one, I think it's pretty clear that this guy made a massive mistake in number two. I think it's abundantly clear that he isn't even the guy that I care about anymore. I want to know who the names are. I want to name names. I want to know who the people are within the Republican movement that are going around the country from out east bribing different people to not run for office who they don't like, because this is obviously how they run things, this is how they do the business, and it's obvious. Okay, it is obvious. This is not the first time they've done this. Make sure you share this podcast with your family and your friends, share it on social media. Please write us a five star review and I will see you back here tomorrow.