Speaker 1: Hey, love that you made it to the podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: One thing that totally makes my day is when people share our podcast and then tag.
Speaker 1: Us at Brook and Jeffrey. Yes, because then we could thank you in person. We know who you are. You know you men to stock your insta Loki.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's too same, all right, follow the podcast, share away, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: We had an interesting development on the show recently. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I didn't hear this directly, but I did hear a rumor. I believe in my heart this is one hundred percent true.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty disappointed by it.
Speaker 3: But if you don't know the app Cameo, it's a site where you can pay celebrities anywhere you know, from a list down to d list down to radio, and you can ask them to make a personalized video to send to your friends or your family, wish them happy birthday, or congrats on passing your driver's test, or tell your spouse sorry I cheated on you again again.
Speaker 4: It feels better coming from David.
Speaker 5: HASSELHAWT, Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 3: Recently, Book has come out and said she is done doing videos for the quote sad plebeians of society done.
Speaker 1: I just said I put my thing on pods.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can have a second hear It was not surprising to me, frankly, but apparently she felt like it wasn't good for her image to be seen being told what to do by people who are quote economically challenged.
Speaker 2: Yes, it went to charity, like all of the money.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting take.
Speaker 3: The Wall Street Journal clearly had heard differently, because someone heard Brooke bragging to our producer that she doesn't need any extra and then she laughed again like Heath Ledgers did in the Dark Knight. She keeps doing that, lady.
Speaker 2: I just kept missing deadlines and I sent people's birthday videos like three days late, and I'd send them for free.
Speaker 1: Because I felt bad and like the whole thing was a mess. But I may come.
Speaker 3: Back for the charities in the meantime. Brook is no longer available for hire, so please direct all of your video requests to our Instagram at Brook and Jeffrey flood It, and you can go ahead and comment and ask Brooke why won't she wish my four year old with polio and scarlet fever at Bay Scarlet Now it is because Brook missed the deadline.
Speaker 5: Request the cameo for me, and maybe I'll run up to work.
Speaker 1: If you really want one, just DM me. I'll give you one for free and then you can donate donate the money yourself to charity. Do you think the people would do that? He'll still do the video.
Speaker 6: So there's that.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on and get into the shock collar question of the day with somebody who honestly should be on cameo, a digital Jake. Take it away, Jake, I definitely need the money.
Speaker 6: Put down your butter beers and trolley treats, because hey, I'm gonna be feeding your appetite for magic. Yeah, very well, hang on, I'm talking about the wonderful and magical world of Harry pol Yeah, wizard Jake, Jake, I'm really nervous.
Speaker 1: I've been the last book right now, don't ruin the ending for me.
Speaker 6: Everyone, get your wands at the ready as we try to identify the top twenty most popular characters of Harry Potter edition of twenty.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 6: We drew a name out of the sorting hat, and today we're starting with Alexis Top twenty most popular Harry Potter I mean the one.
Speaker 2: I have to go who I was though, Hermione, Hermione, My God.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: Number two on the list.
Speaker 1: Throw, so that's what you were fed with.
Speaker 6: Number one is still on the board, which means the silver save is still available. I'm sorry, but we have to go onto Jose.
Speaker 5: Take it, okay, I don't. I'm gonna go with Harry Potter.
Speaker 6: That was sober saved shot in the dark.
Speaker 4: Did not see that.
Speaker 6: Great value at pick two there?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm gonna go Dumbledore.
Speaker 8: Don't love him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Number four on the list, he's still on the border.
Speaker 3: Over to Jeffrey, all right, give me the best friend.
Speaker 6: Ron Weasley, yelling Ron Weasley. Number three. We have knocked out the top four so far. We're back to Alexis Jimmy, Hagrid, Rudy is Hagrid. Number seven on the list.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the teacher. I'm gonna say snape.
Speaker 6: F six on the list.
Speaker 5: He's a favorite because he's dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Luna love Good.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love her good.
Speaker 6: Number fifteen on the list of the most popular Harry Potter character is a little bit farther down the list, We're back to Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to go with the sexiest character in Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Give me moaning Myrtle in the.
Speaker 6: Baaning Myrtle did not make the top twenty. I'm so sorry, Jeffrey, you are out of this game. We're back to Alexis.
Speaker 1: I'm going popular in a bad way. He must not be named Baltimore. Jeff Wow, you just put a heck on.
Speaker 6: I can't believe she said that on the radio. Bonetimore number five on the list. This means we have all through the top seven so far. Over to Jose.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well Neville long Bottom.
Speaker 6: Neville long Bottom number fourteen most popular, just ahead of Love Good.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm gonna say Draco Malfoy.
Speaker 6: Drake, Draco Malfoy.
Speaker 1: I pronounced it differently when I read it.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Oh, do you read the books book?
Speaker 1: Number ten on the list, Draco.
Speaker 6: We're back to Alexis now top of the list.
Speaker 1: I want to go with the Weasley twins.
Speaker 6: The Weasley twins, Fred and George are number seventeen on my list.
Speaker 5: That was my next answer, Jose.
Speaker 6: You still the silver saved. I'm looking for the most popular Harry Potter characters.
Speaker 5: Just because I love this person. I have to say, Mama Weasley.
Speaker 6: Mama Weasley did not make the Top twenty. Jose. You have your silver saved though, so you're still in it.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, let's go with the Godfather, Serious.
Speaker 6: Black, Serious Black, number twelve, most popular. Brook is saved. We're back to Alexus.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I don't think she's gonna be in it. But Professor McGonagall, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: He's great.
Speaker 6: Professor McGonagall number eleven, the nerve of McGonagall between malfoy and Serious Black. Robert Jose, I just.
Speaker 5: Have to guess Sean the Dark, but he's kind of two characters. I'm gonna go with Ron's rat because he turns into another kid Scabbers.
Speaker 6: The rat did not make the Top twenty.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, show me Jinny Weasley.
Speaker 6: Jenny Weasley number eight on the list.
Speaker 1: Okay, this I got a good one. Tell me, I'm not gonna say it wrong. Dobby, Dobby number nine, very few answers.
Speaker 6: Letter back to Brooks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is right.
Speaker 6: To stay lives.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I love her for color changing hair talks Talks.
Speaker 6: Did you not make the top twenty That.
Speaker 5: Was gonna say sorting hat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Alexis wins this game of plenty of twenty some of the names you missed you got the entire top twelve thirteen was Headwig, The Our Hedwig, sixteen was Bellatrix La Strange, She's Crazy, eighteen was cho Chang, nineteen was Alistair Maddeye Moody, and number twenty was Dolores Umbridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate her, She's the worst.
Speaker 3: So in what was by far the nerdiest version we ever got the shot collar question of the Day, Alexis comes out on the top, so she gets to choose who gets shot today.
Speaker 1: Brook's been bragging about the books and didn't even win, so you get shot.
Speaker 5: You need to read him obviously.
Speaker 1: Obviously do too much.
Speaker 6: Alex Is telling someone to read his devastat She's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Singing Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's new got him.
Speaker 3: That's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you're ever suspicious about your partner being like fooling around on you, yeah, a lot of times you'll get sneaky and snoop for sure. Yeah, you'll check his phone messages. You'll follow him out to boys nights. You'll even do a freaky Friday and swap bodies with him. On one of the nights, he tells you he has to quote work late. You'll just see about that.
Speaker 1: It's an impressive trick.
Speaker 3: But one of our listeners got way more creative and slightly diabolical with her plan to get the proof that she needed about her boyfriend friend.
Speaker 4: And there's a.
Speaker 3: Chance that maybe someone may have ended up in the hospital for it. So you'll hear what she did in a brand new edition of The mass Speaker that's coming up.
Speaker 6: Concession I can't take back, al arm Speaker.
Speaker 3: I got a text to seventy eighty five nine two that says, I hate to admit this, but my wife's ex husband is actually a really cool guy. He's funny, hard working, dedicated to his kids. I could never tell her this, but I'd really like to be his friend.
Speaker 4: Not very often you get your.
Speaker 3: Current spouse saying, hey, I think you're really messed up letting your ex go.
Speaker 5: The one that got away from both of us.
Speaker 3: Man, But here at Broken Jeffrey, we're bold enough to admit it. We think you messed up by switching away from the last radio station you were listening to Bad Choice. But you know now that you're here, I guess you'll have to suffer with us through another mass speaker with today's listener who's chosen to go by Courtney. So, Courtney, are you sure you don't want to confess this on another radio show?
Speaker 4: This is your last change?
Speaker 9: Oh no, I'm here. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: She's like, No, you're the only ones that answered my phone calls.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of stuck with you.
Speaker 3: Your choice, voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 9: Okay, voice changers on, right.
Speaker 1: We have no idea who you are.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay. So my boyfriend has been talking about his coworker. We'll just call her VICKI for the.
Speaker 10: Sake of today, Okay, Vicky.
Speaker 9: He's been like working rate a lot and randomly bringing her up in our conversations, like over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, honey, you who loves the show too?
Speaker 1: Vicky show?
Speaker 4: Oh that's so annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I just had like a little bit of a suspicious feeling. And then we all went out and I noticed them like looking at each other and kind of exchanging giggles.
Speaker 2: And the problem is when you have that gut feeling, more often than not, it's right, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Brook's giggling over there and glancing over at me. It's just a bad you know what you're doing over there.
Speaker 1: My husband has never once been worried about any of you.
Speaker 3: But that's not a good feeling for you, Courtney, to be suspicious of your boyfriend.
Speaker 9: No, it didn't feel good. And like the longer that night went on, the more I was just like, something's up. And so I told to him about it, and he said, there's something going on and he was like, no, no, it's an inside joke. I was like, we'll just tell me what it was. He's like, no, you had to be there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now you're not believing him right.
Speaker 9: Totally because he's super defensive, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I was like, well, forget this, I'm going to take mares into my own hands.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I like where this is going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: So I went to the grocery store. I want a whole dar peanut butter.
Speaker 4: Eat your feelings, girl, there, I still like.
Speaker 1: A peanut butter.
Speaker 4: Starting a peanut butter revenge.
Speaker 5: What the heck?
Speaker 9: So in the morning, I made two pieces of toast with tons of peanut butter, okay, And then he was hanging out the doorcial work. I was like, hey, when I go upstairs and you know, just to adult activity, so leave it.
Speaker 1: I don't know where's the peanut butter. Did the peanut butter go with you? Or is it still in the kitchen?
Speaker 9: I just ate a whole bunch of peanut butter, like right before that happened.
Speaker 3: Breath Why Yeah, I guess I'm confused because when you say you ate peanut butter and then did adult activities? Are we kissing above the waist or what? Or we going? You know?
Speaker 1: Were you thinking that?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm a little unsure.
Speaker 1: Is that a possibility?
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 4: Like a mouth to mouth, I mean good for your boyfriend? I think.
Speaker 3: Kind of fun and I mean chunky or creamy details.
Speaker 1: Early in the morning to.
Speaker 3: What why?
Speaker 6: What? What is?
Speaker 1: What is the point of this way?
Speaker 9: So he goes to where and then we get this text on like a friends group chat that Vicky is in the hospital with a peanut allergy.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what did they even put on her like admission form that they.
Speaker 1: Wait, can they wait? Can you be allergic everywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't think it matters how it gets you.
Speaker 3: It's just h Yeah, you could do an experiment you really want to broke, but I don't think you should.
Speaker 1: Did you know that she was allergic before that happened? I don't know that I've ever been so glad not to have an allergy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, do you feel bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, okay, you're I don't feel bad. You don't at all?
Speaker 3: Is Vicky still with us in this realm? Trying to politely answer asked this question, He's okay.
Speaker 9: I cannot excuse me. I cannot murder her.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, fine.
Speaker 9: But then my boyfriend tries to tell like he gets so mad. He's like, I can't believe you would try to kill her like that.
Speaker 1: Oh he you told him?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh my god god.
Speaker 1: Because you're like, I know you were cheating because X, Y and Z. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Now he has no defense to say, like, no, I didn't get with her. How does she get the peanuts?
Speaker 5: She ate a PB and JAN and forgot she was allergic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually choking on something else?
Speaker 3: So I want to do the and then I slipped.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no.
Speaker 2: Excuse, So I take it you guys aren't together anymore. No, definitely, man, is he nursing VICKI back to health?
Speaker 9: You know, I have no idea. I'm off the group chat. Don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Well, you're definitely sending a clear message for the friends of your future boyfriend to definitely stay clear and stay away from him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the message is clear. I never forget. I don't know why I'm still at shots. I really am nottaphylactic shot. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, don't cross her or she might get you there in seventy five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 4: Got your phone tap coming up.
Speaker 7: Next, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, we call the mom of a kid who's in elementary school.
Speaker 3: And this mom is kind, compassionate, caring, an all around great person. Sometimes those are the best people to prank because they never see it coming and they do not know how to react. We just wanted to tell her thank you for her extremely generous donation that she gave to the school recently. In fact, it's so big she might not even realize the impact that she's made. Oh, she's about to find out in your phone tap right now. Hello, Hi, this is Principal Gordon from New Elementary.
Speaker 4: Is this Tammy?
Speaker 6: How are you Gray?
Speaker 4: I'm amazing. We've got a very special message for you.
Speaker 10: Okay, what is this about?
Speaker 3: Well, I know you and your son are new at the school, but I just I gotta do this real quick when we play it for my computer. Oh okay, here we go. Thank you, thank you for all you've done.
Speaker 2: Oh kay, yes, wow, what what is a for?
Speaker 3: Come on now, it's for your generous donation to building our new kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Outdoor play spase.
Speaker 3: Oh I mean it was the whole kindergarten class, including your son Ryland. We just all wanted to say a big thank you. Teacher Amy recorded that video.
Speaker 7: One of the singers.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's really good.
Speaker 4: Oh he was so excited. Truly, you are an angel.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I really I did nothing.
Speaker 4: No, really, I did nothing.
Speaker 3: No, seriously, Thanks to your generosity, we finally have enough to complete the project on time and even add on a kid's zipline.
Speaker 10: You you did all that, like, oh, yeah, okay, it's.
Speaker 3: Not every day a parent donates thirty thousand dollars to a playground project. Wait what the entire faculty and staff here, everybody has been talking about it all morning long.
Speaker 4: We're just we're so so grateful.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry. You said thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that earns you platinum recognition on our newsletter. So your family's photo is going to be on the front page and I'm sending that out via email.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, there's no I no, stop stop.
Speaker 3: Look, it's okay. You don't have to be modest about this. Not all heroes wear capes. We really appreciate principal principle.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, but I think that there was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: Oh did you already read the newsletter on the phone. No, that's my I apologize. I wanted to surprise you with naming the ZIP line after your son, because we're going to call it Ryland's Ride.
Speaker 4: Isn't that great?
Speaker 10: Yes, that is really nice of you. That is really cute, But you need to listen to me. I did not donate thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You sorry, I did not wait what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: I did not donate thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I think there was a misunderstanding here.
Speaker 7: You you didn't no, but it says no, I donated three hundred.
Speaker 3: Three hundred two zero three hundred grand.
Speaker 6: Tammy thing? Sorry what?
Speaker 1: I did not donate that much money. I donated three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Wait, three hundred, just three hundred dollars? Yes, Oh my god, Oh this is not good. Okay, Samuel, Samuel, I'm sorry. I should have told you. One of the kindergarteners is in the room with me right now. She was the most excited for the zipline, Samuel, please. Sorry. He was in a skateboarding accident three months ago, so he was going to get his cast off the day that the zipline was ready and we were going to open it. It's okay, come here, let me.
Speaker 1: Give you a hot I'm so sorry. I don't know how this moss understanding happened.
Speaker 10: I'm so sorry. I don't I don't know how this happened.
Speaker 3: Don't hit your head against the wall.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: We can drive it to another school, zipline will do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I wish I could. I really wish I could.
Speaker 3: Well, if you didn't donate the thirty grand what are we going to do with the sign that we made that says Tammy Playspace of Hope and Childhood Dreams. You've already commissioned it.
Speaker 1: I really wish you would have just talked to me ahead of time.
Speaker 10: And now I just feel even worse and I'm so so sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to this is a total disaster. Now we're just gonna have to hang your sign up in the radio station studio that's doing this prank phone call on you?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Temmy?
Speaker 10: You stop it? Stop it?
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Your husband don set you up for the phone tab. He told us that you donated to the website three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: But I literally was panicking. I heard it.
Speaker 3: You were freaking out on that call.
Speaker 2: I was like, this kid, is I ruined their lives?
Speaker 3: You didn't just ruin one kid's life, the entire kindergarten classes live.
Speaker 1: Is that sound effucker is really a person?
Speaker 4: No, that's that's a grown man named Jose He's able to cry like.
Speaker 6: A real baby.
Speaker 7: No, every morning Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: We all say things we regret when we've put back one too many.
Speaker 1: Hey, it was, Hey, how you do it?
Speaker 4: Trust me?
Speaker 3: You do not want to hear the rest of that recording with the banana demonstration. But as bad as that sounds, it was even worse for one of our listeners because what happened after one drunken night out at the bars has led to an entire year of her and her sister not speaking a word to each other. So now she needs our help to try and bring their family back together. You'll find out what happened in your brand new closure call.
Speaker 4: Right after this.
Speaker 3: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And if I've learned anything from watching the movie Frozen over and over, it's that sisters always get along.
Speaker 1: The sisters always have each other's back.
Speaker 7: Ye love.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean that they always get a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe that's It might be a little annoying sometimes and accidentally cast a spell that sends the whole country into a violent, eternal winter that threatens to destroy everything, but you know what, for the most part, zero drama.
Speaker 1: Seriously, sometimes she can be in a mood and I'm just like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's normal.
Speaker 3: Though strangely it's not the case for one of our listeners named Amelia, who's reached out for a closure call, needing help with a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of her family drama. That's happen.
Speaker 6: Let's talk to her.
Speaker 3: Name is again, Amelia, Amelia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, you're welcome. Do you have more than one sister or is it just.
Speaker 7: You and her?
Speaker 10: It's just the two of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what's awesome.
Speaker 4: What's going on with you and your sister? What made you reach out to us?
Speaker 10: Okay, this is a lot, but I'll give you the closs notes. So I am traditionally super close with my family. Okay, close with my mom and dad. We all kind of live near each other. And like my little sister Carissa was like in the same boat.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you lived on a boat together. That's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: It's the tropical version of frozen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, I know you're close with all of your family.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But I mean sisters are how they are. I mean, like, I'm not going to sit here and say that my sister and I didn't fight a lot about trivial things.
Speaker 2: But I was just talking about this with Alexus because she lives with twin sisters, and like the thing about sister fights is you could like literally feel like your blood is boiling and then twenty minutes later it's done and over it and you move forward, right.
Speaker 10: And that's always been the case. I mean, we had fights where like you would have thought we would kill each other before the fight ended. So it's volatile, but like it's not anything out of the ordinary high work.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there were a lot of little fights, but it sounds like it leads up to one big fight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so things have gone completely off the rails and now I just have no idea what to do.
Speaker 1: So why what happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah, one night we were on our way out, and like before we even went to the bar, I noticed that she was wearing my mom's jewelry with a necklace like a little pendant and this ring that I'm obsessed with that's like this pearl ring that's surrounded by a little tiny diamonds. It's adorable, my god.
Speaker 2: And you're always jockeying and like, hey, mom, you should really give that to me when you kick the bucket yeah, like.
Speaker 10: I'm the oldest I wanted on these things.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: At my grandmother's house, we just put our names in masking tape on the stuff that we wanted.
Speaker 1: All my grandparents are still alive.
Speaker 3: God. Well, at least that gives you a little bit of perspective, Amelia, your situation could be worse.
Speaker 4: You could be Brooks sister.
Speaker 1: So wait, how did she get the ring?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 10: So my mom does have quite a few pieces that are heirloom pieces, and she has given Carissa a few, and she's given me a few, and so we do have them, and like I have one that's really similar. But like my issue with it is like we're going out tonight, like to the bars, Like you can't throw on some cheap stuff from forever twenty one, like you have to wear a mom's like precious stuff. And so I just didn't think that was a good idea, and so I had a bad attitude. I accept that, and maybe that led to her drinking a little bit more heavily than she would have. Like I've come to terms with that.
Speaker 4: Did something happen?
Speaker 10: Yes, So the ring is gone. She took it off to like wash her hands or something, and like, hey, good on you for washing your hands. I'll give you points for that, But like, why did you have the ring on in the first place if you are someone who takes them off to wash their hands.
Speaker 2: Ye yike, okay, yeah, So how long ago was the ring lost?
Speaker 10: So this was over a year ago?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: A year?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: No, yeah to us to talk to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's happened since that night with you and your sister?
Speaker 10: Absolutely nothing except she moved out of state. That's all I know. We have not spoken nothing, but she.
Speaker 3: Moved a thousand miles away so she would never have to see me.
Speaker 1: Wait, you guys aren't talking.
Speaker 10: No, we got into a huge fight and like, granted I said some things that I should not have said. I was very angry, but like she was drunk and said some things too, Like we really got into it. And then about a month goes by, she moves out of state and that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did your parents know what happened? Do your parents know that she lost the ring and that was the start.
Speaker 6: Of all this.
Speaker 10: No, she won't talk to anybody, Like I know what happened. It's between us and you guys now. But like she literally just fell off the face of the planet.
Speaker 2: I mean, Okay, I get it, it's a huge deal, but it's not a big enough deal that you should break up your family over it.
Speaker 6: I agree you need to get on.
Speaker 5: The phone and apologize to you.
Speaker 3: I think Brooks saying that you should find a different sister to replace her.
Speaker 2: This there's a replaceable that makes me so sad for you, and I bet it would break your mom's heart. Like, of course your mom's going to be upset that the ring's gone, but she would be even more upset to know that her girls aren't talking because of it.
Speaker 3: So that's why you reached out to our show to do this closure call, so we could try and help you get back in touch and maybe try mend some broken fences with your sister.
Speaker 2: Right, she moved exactly, and you haven't had any chance to apologize to her until now, right, Because.
Speaker 10: I mean I would have had she been able to return a text her call. But I don't want to, like, you know, dump on her via text and just be like, well, I said it, so I'm good, because like that's not helpful either conversation and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So do it the healthy way by going through a radio show I like this, And so you've been working with our producer off of the air before we made this call to come up with the four questions that you wanted to send to your sister Clarissa and Bryan get some answers for her to help you get some closure and get you guys talking again. So we've sent those for you, and I will tell you Clarissa did respond back.
Speaker 1: Did Clarissa explain it all.
Speaker 3: Was funny because it was I don't know what was said. I even't even read what she wrote. I don't haven't read the questions. I haven't read the answers. We're going to find all of this out for the first time when we come back.
Speaker 4: I hope not too.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen when we do your closure call.
Speaker 4: Right after this.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of a closure call with our listener Amelia. Just a quick recap of what's happened. She and her little sister have not spoken to each other in over a year after a big fight that they had when they went out to the bars one night and her sister drunkenly lost their mom's heirloom jewelry. No, so that led to an argument. Some things were said that Ilia now regrets. Yeah, because the sister ended up moving away, and nothing is worth losing a family member like that, which is why she's asked us to help her reach out back to her sister to get some answers.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what you said. I mean, honestly, do.
Speaker 3: You want to repeat some of those things right here on the radio, Amelia?
Speaker 10: I mean, I will say I said a lot of regretful things, but nothing that merits a year of silence, Like I'll say that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: We see if she says the same thing.
Speaker 3: I know Brooke has said there's gotta be something else, some other reason, because a jewelry fight isn't a big enough reason to do that. And that got me thinking, what if she never actually lost the jewelry?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: What if she went and ponned it and lied and now feels guilty about it because.
Speaker 2: That's the night they were drinking, she had it on when they left.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what I would have done. I would have gone right to the pawn show.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 10: If anything, this ring has more it's done mental value than financial value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your family heirlooms are like my family heirlooms like we love them.
Speaker 1: They're very sentimental to us.
Speaker 2: But then you go get it a praise and you're like, well, we could give you twenty six dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: We can all call our parents' jewelry cheap later.
Speaker 3: But now we need to get into these questions because, as you know, Amelia has already worked with our producer to send these four questions to her sister.
Speaker 4: We have her answers ready to read. Amelia, are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the first closure call question we said. First of all, I feel completely terrible about the last time we hung out. I want to apologize for getting so angry and blowing up at you about mom's jewelry. I went way over the line with what I said, but I don't think it's worth moving out of state and breaking off contact with me.
Speaker 4: I'm super sorry. Can you forgive me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I mean that, but would hit me wrong. I'm gonna tell you everything in front of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I wish it was a little more brief. I probably rambled on because haven't talked herun so long, but it gets the overall point across, I guess.
Speaker 4: And also I'm not a very good reader, so they'll put some of.
Speaker 7: That on me.
Speaker 2: Me, Jeff, I know exactly how she felt in her tone of her response.
Speaker 3: What she said, we're basically asking for forgiveness, and your sister wrote back she said, well, I do appreciate you saying that, and I can one hundred percent forgive you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I will let you know.
Speaker 3: I had a friend tell you that I moved out of state, but really I just moved to a new neighborhood.
Speaker 4: What I'm about seven blocks away from what?
Speaker 2: No, that's what.
Speaker 10: That sounds ridiculous. I haven't run into her seven blocks away, Like, actually.
Speaker 5: That's not I had a friend who moved into the same apartment complex with me and I never once saw him ever in a year that he lived there.
Speaker 3: She might be actively trying to avoid you, even when you're out in about.
Speaker 2: Like she wears eyes, she wears a mustache, maybe some sunglasses.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if she would go that far.
Speaker 1: Are you shocked? I am shocked. Casual sounding response.
Speaker 10: I feel like I wouldn't put the mustache and loss the same pastor. I mean, this is really immature to do like to tell somebody you moved out of state and you've just been there the whole time. Like, yeah, I'm a little put off by that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, let's move on to question two.
Speaker 3: Here, we wrote to her, while I am sorry I reacted that way, I feel like you would have done the same. I told you Mom's jewelry was important to me, and you ignored what I said and lost it. Do you think maybe I could get an apology from you?
Speaker 1: God's that's what you wanted.
Speaker 10: Yeah, accountability is important, and like she has lacked accountability in other situations, so like, yeah, I do still hold her to that standard.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, we're asking for an apology from her. She wrote back, absolutely, I am sorry that that happened. Okay, I drank way too much and acted like a total idiot, and I feel really really bad for losing Mom's things.
Speaker 1: Why is so reasonable to you?
Speaker 4: Because she's so when she's writing back, I think the fights were all.
Speaker 2: It's been a year, Jeff, I'm sure she's been sober within the last year.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, but she keeps going. She says, that's not really the main reason I've been keeping my distance, though I.
Speaker 1: Knew it what is it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Does she say?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 10: Like, I'm more confused now than ever, honestly.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, maybe we'll get some more answers as we keep moving through these. We're going to the third question in the closure call we sent. We haven't been able to catch up in the year since you moved, So is there anything.
Speaker 4: Else I should know?
Speaker 3: Your sister wrote back, Well, I'm nervous to tell you this, but the main reason why I cut contact and moved a little farther it is because I met someone. Oh well, technically re met someone and we became very very close. Okay, please don't hate me forever. But for the last year or so, I've been seeing your ex Ryan.
Speaker 1: What gosh, did you hear that?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I heard it, but like, no, I also did not just hear that, because that is like that is such a boundary? Are you kidding me? Ryan and I literally lived together when she was living like a few talks away, when we were living in the same complex. Like it's not even okay, even if like nothing started when we were together, Like you can't go fishing in a different pond like you have to go after my exes? Are you kidding me.
Speaker 5: Do you understand that's why she said she mad, it's inappropriate, and.
Speaker 10: That's why she's that's disgusting. I'm completely disgusted. I'm not mad. I am literally physically ill right now.
Speaker 3: She does keep going and says, I'm really really sorry it just happened, and we didn't want to hurt you, so we've tried to keep it a secret.
Speaker 10: Oh oh yeah, that's way. That's way better, right, that's super better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. She says, I don't want to hurt you, but I'm not going to talk to you for a year. Like what do you think? Yeah, are you still in love with Ryan?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: I mean, like I'm up said that was the first guy I ever lived with. Like we were together her like through college and then we moved back Like she wouldn't have even known him if I had not moved in with him back home.
Speaker 1: That's kind of creepy on his part.
Speaker 10: Like and what if, like what if they are like living together they like, you know, like when they're going to be family with him to no, like, no, I'm super close to my family, Like I cannot even believe that this.
Speaker 3: Is Like, I mean, I'm so sorry, but We're running out of time here, and I have to get to the fourth and final question that we sent.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 3: So what we wrote to her was, I know we fight sometimes, but I do really miss you. We're sisters and we need to love and cherish each other. Is there any chance we can meet and catch up in person?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Age, well answer hard path?
Speaker 1: Did you say hard pass?
Speaker 3: That was your post, which again we write before we get any of the answers back.
Speaker 10: So right, if that did not Age well, but you all don't want to.
Speaker 3: See she should see, I'll tell you that she did answer it. She wrote, Well, actually, Ryan and I are supposed to go to mom and Dad's for the next holiday. So if that's not gonna be too weird for you, she says. F Yi, Mom and Dad know already about me and Ryan. They've known for four or five months. We all agreed not to tell you because we were worried that you wouldn't be able to handle it.
Speaker 1: Girl, you'll show them you can handle it, righty.
Speaker 10: Like, I'm literally speechless. I have no I have no words. I mean, like, what am I even supposed to say to that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 10: So, like my mom and dad have been lying to me too, Like that's perfect, that's great stuff.
Speaker 1: Why well they could tell that you're I mean.
Speaker 10: You know, no, there's no excuse, like like you can't protect somebody by like hiding the truth from them. You can't protect somebody by freezing them out but not talking to them. Like none of them handled this right from Jump Street, And I've been sitting here feeling guilty about some out of pocket comments that I made when I was rightfully angry. Like that makes like O gay way more.
Speaker 1: Deep breath, deep breath. Does Ryan have a brother you could date?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, dat.
Speaker 10: If anything, I will like I'm going after Ryan's dad.
Speaker 3: Oh well, at least maybe the good news that came out of this, as we've reopened the communication line with you and your sister and we've learned what really happened.
Speaker 10: I think after you sit with this, we'll communicate.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I was gonna say, I think after you sit with this for a minute, maybe you'll see that it's not as big of.
Speaker 10: A deal as I'm gonna sit with it. On Ryan's dad's lap, that was your closure top.
Speaker 2: I actually support that, Okay, Yeah, only if Brian's dad's rich Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: In the Morning brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: A woman was cleaning her house and found something from just a decade.
Speaker 3: Ago, and now people are freaking out and even angry about it online. Plus one middle school is trying to do their very best to not go viral on TikTok what And thanks to a brand new rule I fortunately for them, they're being featured on a brand.
Speaker 6: New shot real backfired on Yeah We're.
Speaker 4: Doing it Junior Margot.
Speaker 3: Robbie got snubbed in the Oscar nominations for Barbie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greta, Sody Greta, and so did Fantasia Burno.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was only the second biggest surprise. The first was TikTok Click Shot.
Speaker 3: Yes, Barbie wasn't ken up for TikTok Click Shock, where we talked about the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click Shock, which was posted by a woman with the user name yo Underscore Lovely Ocean.
Speaker 4: Oh and she got close to.
Speaker 3: A million views because recently she was in a bad mood after finding an old receipt from way back in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's the old one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, today probably should have been upset because clearly she hadn't cleaned her apartment in over a decade.
Speaker 6: But now she was shook.
Speaker 4: Because of what the receipt was for.
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 3: It was Taco Bell and I'll let you listen to what she has to say about it. But there's been some changes, clearly in the last decade.
Speaker 6: I just found a Taco Bay receipt from twenty twelve, two beefy five layer burritos total two fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh no, two fifty nine.
Speaker 7: Old.
Speaker 6: Can you even get anything from Taco though for two fifty nine anymore? Like one item? Catch it?
Speaker 4: Because I know the music was going.
Speaker 3: She bought two beefy five layer burritos, paid a total of two fifty nine for everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is when we start to sound like old people though, because it has been like twelve thirteen years.
Speaker 2: I mean back in my day you can get beefy tacos and adults.
Speaker 3: Well, I care about the people who can't afford those burritos anymore. Broke the sound very insensitive.
Speaker 4: To those people.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's part of what happens, right, Prices go up. They just can't who spent a month on tacobout.
Speaker 3: It costs three sixty nine. I looked it up on the line burritos only for one for one, it's through sixty without tax, nap, I've run up a dollar for both of us.
Speaker 4: No, it's like more than doubled in price.
Speaker 3: So comments flooded in, and one said, when I was in high school, the seven layer burrito was seventy nine cents and tacos were fifty cents apiece. With a handful of change, you could get completely full well change.
Speaker 2: I remember going with my buddies and they'd order like ten tacos and they would have two dollars.
Speaker 3: You know what I meant.
Speaker 7: But I'm old.
Speaker 3: That's how they built with stoners. If someone takes you on a first date to Taco Bell, you should be like, damn, that was a TikTok click shot.
Speaker 1: Your next TikTok click shot.
Speaker 3: North Carolina Middle School is going viral today, not on TikTok though. Oh and I know this is TikTok click shot. That's but they are not fans of the app, and they wanted the students at the school to be off of it completely. It makes sense they feel like they made some progress with a unique change that they just implemented, much to the dismay of the students. Officials removed all the mirrors from the school bathrooms, so no one could take mere selfies or film videos in the mirror anymore.
Speaker 5: That doesn't actually mean though, yeah, everyone checks the mirror.
Speaker 6: Guys, girls, genius.
Speaker 2: You can't take away the phones, right, it's not going to work, so instead take away take away what works for the phone.
Speaker 6: It's so smart.
Speaker 3: Here's the school's public information officer talking about the changes.
Speaker 11: Not as many visits to the bathroom, not staying as long, and students are held accountable. And then when there's accountability, Uh, you see a great difference. We're trying to educate students, like we all have cell phones. Now we have to learn to use them. We have to learn when to put them down.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so smart.
Speaker 3: Before this, apparently kids were taking up to nine breaks a day to go to the bathroom just to film tiktoks. And they bring their backpacks, take out their ring lights and plug them in and then take up to ten minutes or longer every time they were in there.
Speaker 1: They were texting each other to meet me and the girls bathroom.
Speaker 5: Okay, I remember the choreography for a dancer.
Speaker 3: Yes, So, now that the mirrors are gone, the school seeing a dramatic change in the amount of time people use the restroom, usually two to.
Speaker 4: Three minutes tops.
Speaker 3: And finally, bathrooms at school are used for what they're supposed to until they.
Speaker 1: Start seeing kids fill out their makeup mirrors and bring them.
Speaker 4: Illicit activities your good old days.
Speaker 3: I would tell you how all the kids there feel about this, but there haven't been any tiktoks from them lately because.
Speaker 4: They were mirrors, So we'll keep you posted. That was a TikTok click shock. Let's go to your.
Speaker 3: Last TikTok click shot from a woman in Australia named Caitlin Young, who posted a video complaining about her grocery delivery service that she got from Instacart.
Speaker 4: Just like a lot of people got to go on TikTok.
Speaker 3: And complain or rant about things to bother them, but her clip went viral for a different reason, specifically for how she pronounces a certain vegetable.
Speaker 4: Huh, you listen bol and you pack a brookly.
Speaker 1: Her head, not hercular.
Speaker 3: And I got this tiny little thing and I usually get a massive, big head of brookoly. When I got myself in broccol lee, of course, immediately it made everybody wonder, Wait, have I been saying this vegetable name long my entire life?
Speaker 1: Is that when they pronounced it in Australia? Is that normal there?
Speaker 2: Or is the Australians also like that's weird?
Speaker 5: Everybody laughing It's.
Speaker 3: I looked it up. Apparently brocco Lee is closer to the original Italian word for it, which is how.
Speaker 4: The majority of people say it.
Speaker 3: The way Caitlin does it, though, is how a lot of Australians used to say it back in the day, and then it got kind of updated with all the technology. People, if you realized it was broccoli, still a few people, though, say broccoli.
Speaker 1: I mean it, it made sa Does you know?
Speaker 8: This is just like when the cook started saying microL love, don't heat up the broccoli, and I'm gonna tell you people in the break room will get mad at you.
Speaker 1: Does not smell good.
Speaker 4: What other vegetables have we been saying wrong though this entire time?
Speaker 3: Is it zucchini or zucchini, cucumber or cumbers.
Speaker 7: Of the brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Got a brand new player to the game today.
Speaker 3: Her name is Lisa, and how is her New Year's resolutions going so far? Well, there's a store called Big Lots. She is using their motto off of a sign for her New Year's How does the motto go, Lisa.
Speaker 10: Well, happiness's homemade with love and butter.
Speaker 1: Go great.
Speaker 3: But do you think that's going to actually help you beat Brook?
Speaker 10: I don't know. I've got good vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like butter really slicks up those brain neurons to like trigger stuff fastering.
Speaker 1: I love butter, but are so good?
Speaker 3: Well, Papa hole stick into your mouth while we send Brook out of studio. Hopefully it helps you want to all the flavors on there. While she leaves, let's go over the rules really quick. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brook outright to win.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck, Lisa, Your time starts now. Today is National Irish Coffee Day. An Irish coffee is traditionally black coffee and what hard alcohol jameson Wiki means what in Hawaiian faster or slow fast? If you want flowers to bloom in the spring, during which season should you plant them.
Speaker 10: Winter?
Speaker 4: How many points does the Star of David have?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 3: Multiple studies found which day of the work week people are most productive today?
Speaker 4: Got through a bunch of questions. There, good work.
Speaker 3: Lisa Brooke is going to come back into the studio when she's done being distracted outside.
Speaker 4: And there she is.
Speaker 3: And oh, I see on my screener here that you're starting your own business, Lisa, what are you doing?
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm going to be helping people in recovery.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I was really hoping that you were going to become a butter sculpturist, but that is second.
Speaker 3: Best, since then you're helping people with their sobriety. Brooke is doing a business that's trying to get people not so blame. She's actually helping people the opposite with a little bit of a competing companies YouTube gotas in less than a month.
Speaker 1: Your turn?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: It's so comfortable?
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is National Irish Coffee Day, and Irish coffee is traditionally black coffee and what heart alcohol.
Speaker 1: Boy Whiskey Wiki.
Speaker 4: Wiki means what in Hawaiian faster slow fast.
Speaker 3: If you want flowers to bloom in the spring, during which season should you plant them the winter? How many points does the Star of David have.
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 3: Multiple studies found which day of the work week people are most productive m Monday? What stringed instruments nicknamed the belly fiddle?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: The belly fiddle? Is it a cello? Looks like it looks like.
Speaker 6: It's got a big belly.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna see how you bolted because we're heading on over to the scoreboard to check in with Jose.
Speaker 1: Call me handsome if you're not gonna give me some that.
Speaker 7: The dunk, and don't oh.
Speaker 6: As a child?
Speaker 5: You got three correct today?
Speaker 1: Okay, she's not sure what to do with Sorry, Lisa and.
Speaker 5: Barok you got an extra question that Lisa did not get and also three.
Speaker 1: Good showing, good showing.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 3: Let's go over the answers real quick. It's a National Irish Coffee Day. In Irish coffee is traditionally black coffee mixed with Brook's favorite whiskey. Wiki means fast in Hawaiian, hence the website Wikipedia.
Speaker 5: It's encyclopedia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to do the slow version.
Speaker 3: If you want flowers of room in spring, you should plant them in the fall before the soil begins to freeze in the winter. To the Star of David has six points on it total. Multiple studies have found Tuesday is the most productive work day of the week. And the stringed instrument nicknamed the belly fiddle, that's your guitar.
Speaker 1: You hold it at your belly. I see, I just feel like it looks like a big.
Speaker 4: Fat you know now, Lisa.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it wasn't quite enough to beat Brooke today. But just for playing you do get a four pack of tickets to the Seattle Boat Show with more than eight hundred boats on display. You'll find this year's largest collection of boats, gadgets, gear and accessories, happening February second through February tenth. Details and discount tickets available at Seattle Boatshow dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks thanks for playing, Lisa. How would you write your experience?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: Ten out of ten? You guys are great.
Speaker 6: We love your show.
Speaker 1: Goody, you know.
Speaker 3: That's your shotgu that's not exactly I need some of that stuff over there, pass it over to me. That's win Brooks box we'll be back to do it again the same time tomorrow, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning,