Speaker 1: Wake up.
Speaker 2: Wait White, you.
Speaker 3: Guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk Hill.
Speaker 4: Helpless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 2: Like from the Black Mothership in New York City.
Speaker 5: It's DJ yem Vi and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: It's different.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 6: Y'all be Black five.
Speaker 7: I love y'all collectively known as Breakface Cup.
Speaker 8: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 9: Stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 10: CHARLEMAGNEA God, it's late. Charlemagne is late today.
Speaker 6: Well, good morning, it's Thursday.
Speaker 10: I would make an excuse up for him, but last time I made an excuse for me shot me down. I said it was a lot of traffic, here was snowing out. He said, no, my daughter just had a bad dream and had to put it back to sleep. So I don't know why he's late, but he is not here. He will be joining us in a second. I am sure, all right now I want a salute to fifty cent shot to fifth had dinner with fifty last night, tell you about that latest shout to my Branson family. Had a good time. I went to a place called Empire Steak in the city and I ordered a lot because I didn't have to pay for it. I ordered steak, I ordered shrimp, I ordered salmon, I ordered mashed potatoes, mushrooms, spinach. Anything I could possibly order, I did because it was on fifty cents tab. So salute to fifty cent and everybody I seen last night, Salute to you guys. And I also want to shout out to Royal Flush. Royal Flush as a rapper from Queens, New York. He had a song with Noriega eist out Medallions and he has cancer. And the sad thing about this industry a lot of times is we don't have health coverage for a lot of our artists because you have to do it yourself. It's not like, you know, you work at a job and your job gives you health coverage. He doesn't have that, so his cancer treatment is very expensive. So they're doing a concert for him. Tonight and you can go to.
Speaker 6: His page, which is the real Royal Flush, so that he can pay for his cancer treatment.
Speaker 10: So I just want to salute that brother and say hold your head and always praying for you and wishing you healing energy and everything with you, brother, because we definitely appreciate and respect you. So drop a bomb for Royal Flush on time. All right, now, let's get this show cracking out today. On the show, we got Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton. They'll be joining us. They got a bunch of initiatives going on on what they're doing, uh, and we'll talk to them about everything. You know, Cam Newton has his podcast, you know, our Brandon Marshall has his network, so we'll talk to him about all that.
Speaker 6: And Jay Shetty will be joining us as well.
Speaker 10: Usually we have information about all these people that are joining us and what they're doing. But there's nothing in front of me right now. I don't even see any of the producers here. I don't know what the hell is going on. We bought shows today, yeah, weah, definitely. Okay, thank you so much for the for the paper. Yeah, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 3: Kay.
Speaker 10: We gonna get this show together all right, all right, when we come back, we got front page news, testling figure out be telling us what's going on, and Charlamagne to be here in a second, so don't move. Hey he is, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: I made one of the most rookie mistakes you can ever make. Man, when you do morning radio, and if you got a job in the morning period, you put gas on the car. Last night, I woke up with on E I go with forty forty forty miles left. As soon as I started the car and drove a little bit, it said the engine was low.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn.
Speaker 6: At that point, you got to make a decision.
Speaker 11: You gotta make a decision. But I realized I only had forty miles, So I'm like, I'm not going. There's no What what you want to do is get here, but then leaving the city because traffic is so crazy, and you know, gas stations are tough to get to in New York City. It's way easier to get to in Jersey.
Speaker 10: That's right, So yes, I had to make a decision. So did you put just enough to get you to work and back.
Speaker 3: I feel it.
Speaker 11: I filtered it up because I factored the time, and I'm gonna be like, yo, I'm gonna be like three minutes late anyway, so I might as well fill it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've done it before. I just put ten dollars in just to get me to work.
Speaker 3: Out right, just to case to the apocalypse. I need to get out of the city. I don't want to be on a court of the DEH.
Speaker 6: Gotcha before? Well, Good morning Tess.
Speaker 9: Good morning DJ every Good morning to charlevagea gott you fed?
Speaker 6: All right, we go, we'll be talking about the borders.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So remember earlier this week I told you about Texas Governor Abbot and the Biden administration fighting over the border and how the Supreme Court declared the razor wire to be inhumane. Now, Governor Abbod did appeal the Supreme Court decision. But there's been an update that I want to give you guys. He said that he is declaring an invasion on Texas and so this is how he's able to continue to add more wires. So basically he said he don't give it damn what the Supreme Court is saying, take a listen.
Speaker 12: Today, new video shows even more razor wire being put in along a contested section of the US Mexican border. This is happening even after the Supreme Court on Monday voted to let federal Border patrol agents remove all of that wire. The razor wire was installed as part of Texas Governor Greg Avid's security initiative at the.
Speaker 3: Border, known as Operation Lone Star.
Speaker 12: The Body administration arguing now the razor wire prevents border patrol agents from doing their job.
Speaker 8: Now, he issued a statement saying, I have already declared an invasion to invoke Texas constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statues to the contrarry. This is another reason why I want to do this story DJV and Charlemagne is because I really want to stress to people how important it is who your governor is and showing that they have this type of power. I mean, they pretty much can create their own country. They can go against the federal government, they can declare things, they can do what they want to do.
Speaker 9: We see this example with Governor Abbot.
Speaker 8: We see this example even on the Democrat side, with Newsom in California and with Dessantus in Florida. So basically he's showing you in real time how even if the Supreme Court makes a decision, the governor can and can get around it.
Speaker 9: Charlemagne, what.
Speaker 8: You don't have nothing to say about this story at him basically saying, I'm putting no wire anyway, forget what the Supreme Court says.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna still move like against Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has the right to do that because he's the you know, the governor.
Speaker 11: But you know, I just sit back and I look at this immigration thing and it's just mind boggling to me because I keep saying over and over nothing will get done at the border. And tell Republicans, the Democrats decide to work together to get something done, and.
Speaker 6: That's not gonna happen, no, no time soon.
Speaker 11: Because because it's an issue that's too politicized. So now let Trump get back in office, something will get happened, especially if they still have you know, a majority in the Senate, because they'll they'll make sure it gets done for him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's not he's not gonna care. He's gonna do whatever it takes to make sure that they slow down, you know, crossing the border. He doesn't care. Trump does not care.
Speaker 9: I wish democrats what did Gates like this though, don't you?
Speaker 8: I just I just like to see I wish Democrat governors, you know, would just say, you know, we're gonna do what we want to do regardless of what you say. And you just don't see that on the Democrats side, which yeah, you know before they start talking.
Speaker 9: About you a Democrat and they can't figure out what we are.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 8: Every day somebody say we're Republican. Somebody says, but yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 11: Black, and I don't love none of these politicians the way y'all do. Okay, I don't care if you're a black Conservative or a black Democrat. Should none of y'all be acting like Tim Scott? And all of y'all was giving Tim Scott hell yesterday, okay, including me a little bit. But guess what, you liberal negroes act just like him. Okay, that's right, one hundred percent, just like him. So yes, I do wish, uh, you know, Democrats would fight more.
Speaker 3: But they don't. And that's why I call them cowards.
Speaker 11: And that's why I say, in twenty twenty four, your choice for president is Donald Trump, who's the criminal Democrats who are the cowards in the couch, and the couch's voter apathy. Guess what, couch probably gonna win because don't nobody want to buy.
Speaker 9: They gonna say you're doing maga talking points.
Speaker 11: I don't know how that's a mega talking point. That's just common sense. So people better keep. People better figure out a way to energize folks to get up off that couch.
Speaker 10: Because right now they ain't it. All right, Well, that is front page News. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 10: If you need to vent, you can hit us up again eight hundred five eight five one five one in test.
Speaker 6: What we talking about next hour?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to tell you Donald Trump is calling Nikki Haley a bird brain, but she has a big boost that she got sence her New Hampshire primary speech. And also, if you use robotussing, I think a lot of people probably do have a very important recall.
Speaker 9: That you guys need to know about.
Speaker 10: All right, we'll get you that next hour, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning to breakfast club. If your time to get.
Speaker 13: It off your chest, way up, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get some call up now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 14: How are y'all this morning?
Speaker 3: Pease, queen? How are you? How are you good?
Speaker 15: My name is Ginger and I'm just calling so I want to get a two part shout out to my daughter. Her nay name is I'm gonna say ex dante X, but her name is Santay but I'll tell you why. But you just graduate from college and she's doing great things. She was on the Day's list with about every semester you wanted in this award. She wanted to marry Joy award. And she has agree in studio production for music. And the second part is that she disproduced her first sing album. You got a debut album coming out. Wow, it's Tall Skate by x Dante X and the xident beginning and the excellent end. It's only the singles out there already.
Speaker 6: Well, congratulations, what school did she go to purchase?
Speaker 15: College? Silly purchase?
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, gradually, I'm not gonna say congratulations till I hear the record.
Speaker 6: No, I mean the fact that she graduated saying congratulations.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, congratulations, congratulations on the graduation. I thought you congratulating on the record. I'm not doing that till I hear yes, ma'am.
Speaker 15: Now, now that's what I want you to say.
Speaker 6: That's what I want you to do.
Speaker 15: I really want you, if such use DJ and because you're a DJ, to check it out again. The name of the album is stream State. Her name is x X and she produced it. Great, you're a producer, the engineered it, did everything because she she does it all.
Speaker 6: So I'm very proud of it.
Speaker 3: D M that to me, mommy, because I can't even remember all of that. D M it to both of us.
Speaker 10: Shante x Yea said, that's the link, all right. My instagram is at C the God C t h A g O D and at d j MV. We love there and feel free to fry, feel free to follow me. To everybody that just heard my instagram at see the God C T h A e O D. I just felt like I should say that because that's what everybody else said.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 14: Good mind? This is fun?
Speaker 6: They get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Yeah, okay, so Dad, it's twenty twenty four. We have a I and stuff driving car. Why the hell is the ice printer seen the McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Why I used to leave none?
Speaker 15: Why ice cream at McDonald's, But why am not seeing McDonald I ain't say none of that. You was because I got a child that the happy mel this everyday demmo nah my.
Speaker 11: I bought my daughter some McDonald's fries when we was in Abu Dhabi and then we were, uh this weekend, she was like, can I gona her fried from McDonald's.
Speaker 3: McDonald's fries still slap.
Speaker 6: They still do.
Speaker 3: There's a great.
Speaker 11: Podcast Malcolm Gladwell Revision is History, and he talks about the history of McDonald's French fries.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting.
Speaker 10: Get It off your Chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: You always Travy bro.
Speaker 5: What's good?
Speaker 10: He's Traviy Travy, what's up now now saying on here that you want to sing this morning?
Speaker 4: Brother? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, I actually was in my always local Talent of a week in my city and I wanted to call and you know, try to try to go present in that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you want to sing? They say you want to sing an Usher song?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I can't, all right, we're gonna give you a shot.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 10: It's a lot of pressure. Know, Usha had an amazing residency. He's performing at the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: We're not expecting this man to sound like Usher.
Speaker 6: I got my guitar to guitar. Go ahead, let's hear it.
Speaker 14: Sit, you.
Speaker 2: Will ride.
Speaker 17: It's nice, but.
Speaker 6: Gotta be smart, but slow.
Speaker 3: With your guys.
Speaker 6: Uh, Jack's taking it without.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 5: You were my girl.
Speaker 2: She guy.
Speaker 5: The work.
Speaker 6: All right, Jack, you don't have to call okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Tavy, Yeah, Favy, you sound decent.
Speaker 11: You sounded like a cat in a microwave in certain parts, but you sound decent. I gotta hear Mortal because you know everybody has that one song they can sing really good.
Speaker 3: That might be your go to record. I got to hear more. But you know you you sound decent.
Speaker 6: Brother, and good luck Travy Charlie man you think that brother? Yes, okay, he said he sounded like a cat in a microwave spots, but part.
Speaker 3: Certain parts, but he sound decent certain parts. He was respectable.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: We're going with Hey, Stephan, good morning, get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: Hey, I just wanted to ask the good morning, gentlemen. I just wanted to ask real quick.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 14: It seems like it's a lot of candidate suppression going on on the Democratic Party side, because Dean Phillips and Maryanne Williamson had a whole Democratic debate and nobody said anything about it, black media or white media.
Speaker 3: Well we had I know, y'all had.
Speaker 14: Williamson on the snow beforehand a couple of times.
Speaker 11: But Dean, we had Dean up here. Last week, we had Dean Phillips up here. We had Marion Williamson up here, we had Cornell West up here. Dean Phillips and Marion Wimson actually gonna be in uh South Carolina this week having another debate, another primary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the big All right, that's literally all I wanted.
Speaker 3: God, bless y'all, man, face peace, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. Now when we come back, we got your rumor report. If you owe fifty money, he wants his money. It don't matter how long it take. One year, five and ten year, twenty eight. He wants his money.
Speaker 6: We'll tell you about that.
Speaker 3: You was with him last night. I was with him last night. Ye talk about that.
Speaker 10: We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's Steve j n V.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne to God. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's happening.
Speaker 6: Let's get to the roomors, let's talk fifty cent through.
Speaker 2: All out of names or you've gotsip been when you chatty?
Speaker 5: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells, right right?
Speaker 10: I tell everybody all the time, fifty is somebody you don't want to owe money too.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: Fifth recently filed the paperwork in California in an attempt to force Tierra Marie to pay the fifty thousand dollars ballance she owes him after losing her lawsuit against him in twenty nineteen. Does not matter how much it is, does not matter how you are in life right now. If you owe fifth money, he wants his money.
Speaker 11: Really the big one of this whole industry, you know what I'm saying, Because it's not about the money. It's about the principle, Okay. And I know it's a lot of folks out there who say, man, you know fifty cent of the multimillionaire. You know, he shouldn't be stressing that person for fifty thousand dollars. If they went to court and the person lost in court and they owe, they should pay.
Speaker 6: They gotta pay.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just that simple.
Speaker 6: They gotta pay.
Speaker 3: It's the law. It's the law.
Speaker 6: Guys gotta pay in gals. But you know how, you know how petty that is, because I'm sure the attorney fees costs more than the fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything petty about it at all.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 11: You take somebody to court, you win a lawsuit, and once the judgment is, you know, issued, they should have to pay.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's petty at all. It's the law.
Speaker 11: They gotta pay. It's due process. He went through, he went through the proper procedures. That's not petty.
Speaker 6: Now. I seen fifty last night at a steakhouse Empires taking the city.
Speaker 3: Did you pay the bill?
Speaker 10: He definitely paid the bill and another reason why he needs his money. I ordered everything on that menu last night. It was a Branson dinner and when fifty walked in, he lost. You could tell that he lost a lot of weight. He actually lost forty three pounds. When I first seen him, the first thing I said was you would had an Ozimpic and he said, hell no, he said, I'm not on Ozmpic. He said, I actually lost it by working out. And he said the people that are on Ozmpic usually they have a big head and weak knees, and that's how you could tell that they're on Ozempe.
Speaker 11: Kevin Gate said yesterday, he said, everybody that's on Ocempic got a big head.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Now you can you can.
Speaker 11: You can tell an Ozmpic gold medalist, that's what I call him, Olympic gold medalist and then Ozempic silver medalist, Ozmpic bronze medalist.
Speaker 3: Because some people it works for better than others.
Speaker 6: He's him talking about it.
Speaker 5: I was talking about weight loss.
Speaker 3: I was in the gym.
Speaker 16: I was working out, man, I was running. I was running. I was doing I had to do. You see me on talk? I ran around, I lost. I was two hundred fifty pounds. I came down two ten right now, right now? How do you feel about it? He tell me how you feel about it later?
Speaker 11: Right Why y'all acting like fifty cent hasn't always been a health buff though, Like we didn't see him. A lot of y'all weren't first introduced to him hanging upside down, doing crunches.
Speaker 3: Okay, running on the treadmill. That whole video in the club was a workout plan.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 10: Also while we were at then, he was telling me about wife and Lucci's lawyer. I didn't know he said this, So this is why I'm saying it now, But I didn't know that he actually recommended wife and lawyer's Lucci's lawyer, and they said the first day in court, wife and Lucci's mom called him and was very nervous because the first day of caught. I guess the lawyer was stuttering and really didn't have it together. But fifty said, trust me, I've used him before and he's a great attorney. And he was the one that got wife and Lucci's term dropped down to I think he only have to serve three years in prison, and he only last three and a half months.
Speaker 16: Left Drew feeling as one of the lawyers right, and I told I told wife and music this still right to use him and use him.
Speaker 6: I say, yo, listen, good lawyer man, I'm telling you this and that.
Speaker 18: Now I started feeling shaky about this because he told me the first day that came in that he was starting and his mother said he was starting fifty the suggestion you told him, and if I said, oh, feeling crazy, I'm feeling crazy.
Speaker 16: And they're talking about the offer for twenty years, then twenty years go to an offer and I go, Drew, is this real like twenty more?
Speaker 5: Yes, he said, don't.
Speaker 3: Worry about I got it.
Speaker 5: You know everything'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Next thing.
Speaker 5: You know, twenty years, twenty four months. You need a lawyer, You need a lawyer, Drew fler.
Speaker 3: Well, fifty just made Drew hoty. Drew gonna be five thousand dollars an hour.
Speaker 6: Now, maybe more than that, So salute to fifty cent.
Speaker 10: Now twenty one, Savage was on Club Shayshay with Shannon Sharp and they talked about a lot. Great interview. They talked about him possibly signing to t I when they first started.
Speaker 5: I had Tia in the podcast.
Speaker 11: TI I said, you asking for a million dollars and he said no because he said that I would have to take more from you.
Speaker 1: He was still trying to sign me though, tiaga the cheap as hell Nah, but I did.
Speaker 6: He sent me an offer and.
Speaker 1: My counter offer was I want a million, and he was like, I'm gonna have to take so much from you in return that it ain't even worth. It ain't even gonna be worth the men in the futures.
Speaker 5: So we actually saved you from yourself.
Speaker 3: Facts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look up the TI because Ti I wanted them. He riches but he tight as hell.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I haven't got a chance to watch that conversation that I first heard, that conversation on expeditiously with TI in twenty one Savage. I thought it was a super solid thing for Tia to do, because you know how many people take advantage of artists in that situation. Oh, that's all you wanted a million and now I own you you publishing everything. Yeah, In fact, t I didn't do that. It says a lot about tip tip always.
Speaker 6: They also talks about being shot on his twenty first birthday.
Speaker 3: I had my son the same. Yeah, I got shot. So that was twenty thirteen, right, twenty.
Speaker 5: Take us back to that day. Do you remember anything about that day? That day was my birthday? Okay.
Speaker 1: So I was trying to like book a hotel room so we could have like a kickback and sit in one of my cars. I had speakers in the trunk, so he needed one of mine, and he was like, I'm gonna just give you one of mine when I when I whenever I go by no one, I don't feel like going up there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We was trying to get that. He was gonna get the hotel room in his name because I ain't got no ID, I ain't got no license, so I needed somebody to get the room in the name. Chiny had went to my mama house, and he had went to see my mama, went to see my son, and he had got to speak out of the car and I had pulled up at his house. He was like, ride with me somewhere right quick. I got a Henderson. So we made we made We ended up making a left or whatever. We ended up pulling up or whatever, and like it just jumped in the back seat and just like get it up type, a whole bunch of just started happening.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's twenty first birthday.
Speaker 11: I wonder if you know a brother like twenty one has ever dealt with the trauma of that situation, like really dealt with it, like sat down and talked to somebody about it and tried to really, you know, find some healing in that city situation, because that's not one of those things that just happens to you and you move on. You'll ever be triggered by that. Not only did you get hit six times? I believe he said it homeboy God passed away? Yeah, come on man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And if you ever see twenty one, he moves militant, and I'm sure that it's still stuck with him.
Speaker 6: He don't play.
Speaker 10: When twenty one moves around the city, he don't play. Also, he talks about broke parents being better than rich parents.
Speaker 1: Now, like with my kids, I be feeling like I don't be doing all the way my job because of my job, right, so I'll be trying to like balance that out, like trying to like, it's like you work to receive to gain all the success and all the goods. I feel like the best parents, in my opinion, is parents that don't got it all. I feel like both parents are better than rich parents in my opinion, because when you broke, you got way more time type, so you there for like a lot of your gifts matter, but they don't matter at the same time.
Speaker 5: Sometimes older kids need just time yours.
Speaker 11: I get what he's trying to say. He's basically trying to say he's looking for a work life balance. I don't agree with that statement though, because it's not about it either or because broke parents don't have that much time either because they busting the gro parents usually got to have two and three jobs, you know, just just to just to have the basic necessities, I mean, just to keep a little food on the table, just to keep a roof over their head, you know. Like I don't agree with that statement that broke parents have more time. No, I guess I know what he was trying to say is parents that have more time. He feels of the better parents, and I agree, if you're there. He said he's looking for work life balance. That's essentially what he's saying, he's looking for work life balance.
Speaker 10: If it's there more, you're there to talk, to have conversations, to teach, to provide, to be things that other people can't be. You know, because a lot of times what raised us grandparents because our parents are working.
Speaker 6: What raised us television?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but my grandmama was working too, Just like like what I used to get I used to get off I used to get off of school when you could be six seven yars old and get off the bus by yourself. And I used to get off the bus go to my grandmother's house. My grandmother was a lunch lady. Are you ready to be your school? I was going to South Carolina? What's happening? And she used to come home and then my mom would come home later after her because she was a school teacher. So it's just like, yo, everybody's working twenty understand you need work life correct balance. But I don't agree with the broke parents have more time broke when you are financially trying to make and meet what most people in America?
Speaker 3: Are you working two and three jobs?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: It's time.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 11: People do want more time. Everybody wants more time. But I don't believe that. You know, broke parents have more time.
Speaker 6: They I don't agree with that. All right, well that is your rumor reports.
Speaker 10: Now when we come back, we got front page news tesling figure will be joining us, and then Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton will be joining us. So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 10: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Now, let's talk about Nicky Haley and Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Nicki Haley announced that her campaign speech in South Carolina that she actually got a boost after the New Hampshire primary.
Speaker 9: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: Do you know, by the way, that.
Speaker 19: We have raised a million dollars since I gave that speech last.
Speaker 9: Night online and small dollars.
Speaker 19: We have had two hundred thousand donors from all fifty states. Ninety five percent of those donations are two hundred dollars or less. This is about real Americans.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's obvious that there are a lot of Republicans who want something different. I keep saying I feel like Republicans are doing themselves a grave disservice, you know, by sticking behind, you know, Donald Trump, because it's not a short thing come November, you know, when you're dealing with ninety one criminal charges, a guy who's got you know, two impeachments. And if I was a Democratic and I'm starting to see them do it now, I would be playing that video of Donald Trump, you know, taking credit for Roe V.
Speaker 3: Wade. I'd be playing that over and over and over again, because.
Speaker 11: I feel like that's a big reason why you see so many white women leaving the Republican Party. And I mean, I think a lot of women are going to show up in November because of that issue. So I would be playing that over and over and over and over and over again. So that's why I said, I don't understand why Republicans don't just get behind Nicki Heley because Trump got way too much baggage.
Speaker 8: And she also said that Donald Trump threw a temper tantrum and that he should be threatened by her, so held she told him to bring it on Donald. Now, Donald Trump is not happy that Nicki Haley standing in the race. Basically, he's saying she's in the way. He made a post yesterday on social media saying, anybody that makes a contribution to bird Brain talking about Nicki Haley from this moment fourth will not will be permanently barred from the mag account. He said, we don't want them and we will not accept them because we put America first and always will. Now as a side note, he said pretty complain this week that he doesn't get mad, he gets eaten. So it's very clear about you know where he stands, and he is making sure you know, if you support Nicki Haley, he's he's gonna definitely come for you.
Speaker 9: And so I think that has gave her boots in the campaign. I free shake the fact she's willing to fight it out.
Speaker 10: I can actually see him looking reading her donor list and pulling up her donor list to see exactly who gave money, whether it's one dollar, five dollars, ten dollars, one hundred dollars, thousand dollars, and be petty as hell with that person.
Speaker 6: I see him doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also, yeah, what we.
Speaker 8: Saw him doing with the we saw him doing in Georgia, you know, call him out the other poor elderly woman saying it was her fault, uh, you know, for for the votes, and so yeah, they absolutely will do this and absolutely will attack individual citizens.
Speaker 9: He's done it, which is why he got that criminal.
Speaker 11: Jarge Janna and I saw him say, Nikki Haley stays in the race, she's going to start being the target of investigations.
Speaker 3: He was like, I can give you five reasons right now why she could be investigating. Like, damn, they don't play fair.
Speaker 2: You don't put it with that.
Speaker 11: But listen, that's why his base likes him because they constantly see him fighting, and if there's anybody in his way, Republican or Democrat, he calls him out. Democrats would never do that when Joe Manchin was getting in the way, when Christa Cinema was getting him in the way, getting in away. They would never call old individuals out, even when we would give them chances to. But I had to Vice President on my talk show Ell of a Week, God don the truth whatever it was called at the time. I try to give her a chance to say that after her repeatedly, and she wouldn't even say it. I couldn't even say the God your mansion is in the way, Your mansion is a problem to the agenda. Nothing. People love when they see Trump fighting in that way. Man, they just do you know, you don't got you don't gotta, you don't gotta like it. But you should respect the strategy because it is effective.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Now let's talk about this testing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just want guys to know this real quick.
Speaker 8: If you take robotuestin obviously that is a very popular cost serve, especially now during the cold months.
Speaker 9: They are recalling that. They said it's bacteria in it.
Speaker 8: They called out specifically the cf max honey with four different expiration days. But personally I would just get rid of all of robotesting. So this is really important guys throw that away because again it's making people sick, almost even fatal.
Speaker 9: So get rid of robotesting.
Speaker 10: And lastly, I seen this story and I've seen it on the sheet about Ring camera will no longer allow police to request door camera footage from users.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was interested in this story myself. Amazon's owned Ring will stop allowing police departments to request doorbell camera footage from users. And now again there's a difference between requests and if you voluntarily want to give it to them, but requests marking it into the feature that has drawn criticism from privacy advocates. In a blog post on Wednesday, Ring said it will sunset the Request for Assistance tool, which allows police departments and other public safety agencies to request and receive video captured by door beil cameras through the Ring. The company did not provide a reason for the change, so we don't know the reason. But obviously, you know, people are complaining about privacy. But it will be effective starting this week now.
Speaker 10: So my question, they could say subpoena it though, like if they need it for a crime, they could through subpoena the footage though, right.
Speaker 8: Well, subpoena is obviously different, you know, because that's coming from you know, a judge.
Speaker 9: But this is saying request.
Speaker 8: And because they didn't really give a lot of information because they say and they're not telling you the reason for the change, this is all we have, you know at this point. But I think if we were to assume, and it's probably you know, when the police comes and they come to your house and they say, let me get the.
Speaker 9: Footage, do you mind if I have the footage? Probably, you know, more like that I.
Speaker 8: Would assume because the subpoena subpoena is a subpoena that if a subpoena, yes, they can get it.
Speaker 9: But this is just like a request.
Speaker 8: I think most folks that are interested in solving their crimes would voluntarily want to give me.
Speaker 9: But this is where you know, police officers asking for it. Maybe you're not comfortable and you don't know what to do or not to do, and so you just kind of give it over. That's what this looks like. Well, what about the girlfriends though the requests ring cameras.
Speaker 6: Assistant, they're not gonna get that either.
Speaker 10: But you know what the problem happens if your neighbor does something illegal and the camera and the police come to your door and ask you for it. Now, that puts you involved in the situation, right because now your neighbor's looking at you funny for quote unquote stitching and you don't want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: But now the police won't have the right to take it without a subpoena, which I think it's.
Speaker 11: What they say law enforce. Yeah, they can still access the video using the search on yes.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, but you missed my joke.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about all the girlfriends around the world to be asking for Ring cameras catch you cheating and want to see who's coming in and out the house.
Speaker 9: That's that's the real that's the real threat.
Speaker 3: That's the real threat. Good Bye, Test, Thank you, Test.
Speaker 11: And I think we said this, but it says Ring also maintains the right to share footage without user consent and limited circumstances. So yeah, I'm sure depending on what it is, they'll definitely share it absolutely. But make make sure make sure you follow a Testling figure on on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network hosted by a Tesling figure out.
Speaker 10: All right, now, when we come back, Cam Newton and Brandon Marshall will be joining us.
Speaker 11: Two brilliant black kings, and you know what I mean. Cam Newton hosts a show called Funky Fridays. I'm sure you've watched it via YouTube. Brandon Marshall is the founder of the I Am Athlete podcast. Along with so many other things, he's a huge mental health advocate man, So can't wait to sit down and chop it up with those brothers.
Speaker 10: All right, well, don't go anywhere. We're gonna kick it with them. Next it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. More everybody is DJ n V Charlamagne. We all to Breakfast Club. We got some special guests joining us.
Speaker 3: Today, man legends, trend setters. We got Brandon.
Speaker 6: Marshall, he's been up here numerous times. And we got the brother Cam Newton.
Speaker 5: Welcome brother.
Speaker 4: You did. How you feeling, man? Nothing short of amazing. If I was any better, I'd be.
Speaker 5: A twin.
Speaker 3: Man. It's so good to see what y'all are doing. You know, Brandon, you know you were early on with the podcasting What I Am Athlete.
Speaker 11: Cam, you don't like to call it a podcast. You like to say you got to show the show with Funky with Funky Fridays. How was the transition been from football to media personality, from athletes to personality?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 13: So my transition was smooth. And I mean Cam's one of those guys as well. You know, in the peak of our career, we already started doing what we are doing now. Like my thing was, I wanted my post career to already be solidified, you know, in a way. So I spent the entire off season twenty fourteen at Harvard built on a case study on transition, and what came out of that was continent commerce. So I've been on that path like just trying, you know, succeeding, failing, doing some big stuff, you know, some dumb stuff. So like my transition was smooth, Like I started my transition literally when I was having my Pro Bowl days.
Speaker 3: You know that's twenty and fourteen. So I always tell.
Speaker 13: Younger dudes, like, you look, keep the main thing, the main thing for the first couple of years, and then once you solidify in ball, then you start shadowing people. Then you start reading those books, and then you started before you leave, because when you leave, they don't care. They don't give it. Damn they if I ain't had media, they don't care about the brand Marshalls. That's changed though, that's changed.
Speaker 4: Like what I mean by that is when you say, like, keep the main thing the main thing, Like you got athletes that's in their prime, that's still keeping media at its forefront.
Speaker 3: And I said it earlier.
Speaker 4: It's like going are the days where we needed major networks to get our narrative out and doing it in a way that I've I've bowed and and really took a like, I want to be a voice of my people, my cond and that's bigger than just race.
Speaker 3: Like, if you feel how I feel, you're my kind.
Speaker 4: If you can relate to what I relate to, you're my con And you know, having this platform to be able to, you know, really call bullsh on certain things, but also empower on the other side to all the while being entertaining. And my fear was going on a major network and being muzzled. That's like, nah, bro, like that ain't me though, you know what I'm saying. I like, I know I want to appease to the people in Bankhead just the same as the people in Buckhead. You feel me like, you can't try to remove that because that's a part of me. So I think now in media, we're in the golden age of athletes generated content, and it's something that is healthy.
Speaker 3: Now we can call bullsh a lot of people. That's just hold on, hold on, hold on, gives you the right to make that.
Speaker 4: And I can't, okay, you feel this type of way about certain things, but I really did it. Though I know how Dak Prescott feels, I know how you know Lamar Jackson feels. I went to the Super Bowl. I went, I was a Pro Bowl player, I was all pro. But what you got a journalism degree? So when you when you hold they feet to the fire and say like, nah, bro, whether you agree with what I'm saying or not, mine should be more justified because I actually have.
Speaker 3: Live reps in battle, lived experience.
Speaker 6: Come on, I was gonna ask, you know, how do you feel when you when you hear, especially when you see when.
Speaker 10: You look at all the places that you need to talk about football, to talk about sports, and a lot of these people never played the sport right, So when you hear these brothers talk about what you should have done or how to place no.
Speaker 16: No no.
Speaker 13: And I got into it with a journalist on my platform, and then you know, I'm like, damn. We built this to protect the athlete and it be a safe space, but also hold them accountable.
Speaker 3: But it's like we go out there and.
Speaker 13: We say, well, Dak Prescott just threw his thirty interception. Okay, well tell me about whose folk those interceptions were. Well, the receiver ran a five yard hits route, but he was really supposed to run this. So Dak is dropping back, holding the safety down the middle, and then throwing the ball.
Speaker 3: Off a trust and the receiver didn't do his job.
Speaker 13: But we out there on TV and were just saying stuff just to make up stuff and do numbers. And my problem is with the players though, the players that ate that's being lazy. Like Bro, you sat in them seats, and you know you can't go out there and say, give this hard take. You got to be able to say, look, I don't know their assignment. I don't know if there was a receiver or the quarterback. But if it was the quarterback, this is what should have happened. We just out there just saying stuff just to say stuff sometimes.
Speaker 11: Cam, did you ever get those opportunities to be on those major sports networks?
Speaker 4: And you just said I challenged my agent, Carlos Fleming at W and ME when I was a rookie prior to me coming into the league, and I told him I never want to be a sports analyst and job to make sure that I have enough opportunity when I leave the game of football that.
Speaker 3: I can do whatever I want to do. Why Why? Because I knew I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: I said it. I didn't want to be muzzled. I've always stood on how I felt, you know, But every time I say something, people get distracted off of why he dressed like that though, but why he talked like that, I'm not. Everybody in his room was like, what is Cam going a way to the breakfast club today? Everybody was thinking that before you.
Speaker 3: But they get personal, but they miss the point that I made.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying, I should be clean to me though, I'm not addressing, but like, Cam look like you got his own style going, yeah, it's fly.
Speaker 4: No. But this is the thing though, like I never wanted to look like any other body, Like nobody respectfully though, Like I'm not the dude that's going to stand out or stand in the line for a shoe release, but there's no disrespect to the people who do. I'm never going to be the person where he's like, oh that's the new collection from.
Speaker 3: I'm not that you know.
Speaker 4: It was just like bro. First off, we didn't have a lot of money growing up, and I pay attention to the details. So the pocket squares, the lapel pins, the socks, the watch, the rings, the you got to come out and glad I do this. Machika hats right now. Based in Bozeman, Montaigne as well as Venice Beach waiting on. You still ain't sent me your size, Brot.
Speaker 3: Michigan has e s h I K A hats and then you know we can make it, do it to do.
Speaker 10: Both of you brothers are going through a lot good good and I'm possibly negative. You have another child on the way. Congratulations the new show. I see you clapping back at a journalist that I guess he gave you like a backhand compliment, and you was like, don't give.
Speaker 3: Me a back But now now this media revolution has given me the volume to speak on that.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of times we always talk about our volume was not as high as it is today, you know what I'm saying. So and it was just like I heard what he said and I was like, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, repect. Let me tell you what you're not gonna do though, you know, because a lot of people they just judge you off of the NFL. But I, bro, I'm five star athlete out of high school, national championship in college. But when you talk about that, that's that's cocky. Like hold on, brother, like no, don't don't talk about that. It's like, Bro, I got all.
Speaker 3: That to tell you what I've done.
Speaker 4: But all you got to tell me is I've been covering this sport for how many Like ro I've been playing this sport for that many years too.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying, So go back and get that degree. But you can't go.
Speaker 4: I all, I got my degree too, So what's you talk about? So everything that you got, I got too. But you're gonna you're gonna suppress what I my take on certain things, and you're gonna try to change the gold post to say you're trying to make it a dack and cam thing. This is not that I'm a big fan of that, just like so many other people are. It's say me and you Jason issue here, It's like, bro, I'm in your I'm in your field now that it's about to be mine because I can do what you do, but you could never do what I do. When you take that tone and sentiment, he's bitter, he's angry, and we got to stop that. I've seen what this guy was able to do for so many years and just hold people accountable. Just ask the question simple, how petty somebody would make it believe or whatnot. It's still accountability and you're gonna have to speak on it. And that's what I appreciate most about the Breakfast Club because we knew you were going to be held accountable, and we knew somebody was going to ask the question that we all want to know. So when I do Funky Friday, when I do fourth and one, I'm not just speaking from a fan's perspective or the viewer's perspective. I'm really asking because I owe a service to my audience.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And once you understand that, that's me studying, that's me being a student of the game.
Speaker 3: That's me understanding.
Speaker 4: Like, Yo, how does breakfast clubs stay on air and relevant air for so many years?
Speaker 11: God, I don't think there's any other explanation for you, because a lot of times platforms like this would have been sure been gotten out the way yep, been pushed out the absolutely we.
Speaker 10: Got more with Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody. It's the j n V. Charlemagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with the homie Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton Charlamagne.
Speaker 11: I want to ask you, but how do y'all feel like what y'all are doing is disrupting what's happening in traditional sports networks?
Speaker 3: Cause I feel like I watch it and I'm like, the language is changing. The way a lot of these.
Speaker 11: People are trying to talk on these platforms are changing, and I know it's because of what athlete driven podcasts are doing.
Speaker 3: It's a huge opportunity for us.
Speaker 13: And this is internal language and I always say it's next gen ESPN, and so next generation ESPN. It's just not a safe spot, like even what Cam was just saying about Breakfast Club. It's like, it's how you asked the question and how you hold your your people accountable. And so we do the same thing I did it with Cam, right like Cam planned for the Patriots. This is one of our first epic episodes. You have millions of views everybody, y'all, y'all did the conversation?
Speaker 3: Remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 13: But no, it was the tough one and I was like, damn, I gotta ask the question is like are you done? And I'm like, Bro, how's your shoulder feeling?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 13: Cause you know, and he went into it, he explained hisself, and then he had a legendary moment he said.
Speaker 3: There ain't thirty two better than me.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 13: We sold t shirts off of that, right, So you know it was how It's how you asked the question. So it's a safe space and there's a lot of people built in podcasts, But are you builting platform? Platform is like building teams. You have to having monetization strategy, et cetera, et cetera. So there's a huge opportunity for those out there that want to figure that out.
Speaker 3: And sports.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question. You know both of you guys retired. What is your not retired?
Speaker 5: You have not retired.
Speaker 3: You just said you just said you want to play for the Falcons.
Speaker 4: Yeah I haven't. But to your point, so you do want to play football again? The right opportunity the Falcons?
Speaker 3: You said, that's the only team I saw that a couple of sense I.
Speaker 4: Got kids, Bro, Like, would you take another job outside.
Speaker 5: Of New York? Probably?
Speaker 6: Not outside of New York?
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying. It's like, Bro, I got soon to be eight kids. Take pride in that. I love that, I love being a dad. I can't wait to go home today to be able to take my daughter to tennis practice. That's feeling that, Oh my goodness. And I'm that I'm not dad too, like everybody knows, like, okay, we don't got to guess who his son is, Like, yeah, my boy up there and I'm on his ass.
Speaker 3: And when we when we're working out, he's eight. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: My son Jayden, he's like he's getting accepted in schools same way. Come on, like, not just the UGA's or the Kentucky's. This is the fam Us and the Howards and the Hamptons, right and I'm excited for all both of them, you know, for for for them all. So that's where you got to start taking into consideration. It's like, bro, I can't go to play in Seattle, great team, great organization, but I can't do that. I mean it's a time difference. You know, my kids got technical devices that they want to call.
Speaker 3: You and Daddy where you at. So they need a coach too. So what coach would you want to play for in Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Ask your question?
Speaker 3: We see Belichick it the job.
Speaker 5: Check.
Speaker 3: I said what I said, if you want to review, if you still want to, you.
Speaker 4: Know, see what I have to say about this particular topic and tune in to fourth and one next week.
Speaker 3: We're gonna definitely talk about.
Speaker 11: It when y'all get to that heighten both of y'all. You know, y'all been been to the top of the NFL. Do you feel the pressure to keep it to keep it all your black? Because there was times when it needs to get mad at your dabb and can you dab more?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But not only that though, Like I look at the league now and I'm like, damn, I would get fine for certain things that they do.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: This man is the creation of My Cause My Cleats, But the NFL A never wrote him a check for that.
Speaker 3: They're gonna read, they're gonna repurpose it in a different way.
Speaker 4: But he got fine for wearing the lime green mental health mental health awareness and wow, and I got proof. There's multiple people that told me that, and the NFL is making billions of dollars off of that.
Speaker 3: My Cause My Cleats.
Speaker 4: They have unbelievable testimonials by My Cause My Cleats. But the person who was fine for that, he didn't even get reimburse friends of fines. It was just like oh and by the way, listen, like our cost fathers with no credit, no credit or nothing to show for it.
Speaker 6: So outside of an Abba boy and.
Speaker 4: Now the NFL can't blame him for saying, hold on.
Speaker 3: This is a bad idea. Let's see how much we can raise for it.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I mean I don't want to leave it out there like that, because you're right, everybody right, you know, there should have been more opportunities, and there can be more opportunities. I think it was like year three they came back around. We did like a thirty second spot at commercial whatever, you know. And I wasn't looking at it that way. I was looking at how much money, you know, the cancer community was generating off of Breast Cancer Awareness Week in the NFL. But then I'm looking at like, damn, there's thirty six million Americans impacted by cancer, but there's one hundred and twenty million Americans affected by mental health. What can the NFL do? How much money can be generated or profit nonprofit in this community. So I was looking at from a business perspective, and so yeah, they gave me a little recognition from like putting out a commercial doing that, but it was all about the money. You know, it's about how how do we get these resources to That's like your summit, your mental health summit, Like that's what I was looking at. Like, Okay, y'all funding all these other places, but you got Charlottane doing some amazing things in the space. Let's take ten million to put it over here. Let's take ten million, let's take it to dak Prescott. But this is what I would say. So there's opportunities. But if you know, when you're dealing with large corporations like that and establishment establishments like that, it can take time. So like I got that, like when I call the answer and I go in there, and it's gonna take time, but there's gonna be some major deals. Like the biggest partner in the NFL signa and they don't activate, but they got they trying to focus on mental health.
Speaker 3: Who else better to do it with? So I say that because it's gonna happen.
Speaker 13: And when you're building something and you see it, it may take five, ten, fifteen years, but when it breakthrough, it's gonna break through it a major way.
Speaker 10: You know, when you're talking football sports, betting kind of took over to it just seems like some of the things that they talk about now, the analysts will talk about the sports bet and the parlays over the actual game. See, I think sports betting helped to hurt the game.
Speaker 13: Well, from a player, it helps the because we're business. We're all businessmen here yep, right Like business is booming. We got to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: You know. That's why you think the NFL is investing in.
Speaker 13: They were the number one people walking the halls of Congress and pushing back, pushing back.
Speaker 3: But it's a you gotta do it. You gotta do it.
Speaker 13: From a business perspective, but from an on the field standpoint, Kim, I don't know how you feel about it, but for me, it's like I ain't we ain't worrying about that.
Speaker 3: I'm not worrying about your overs and your unders, etcetera.
Speaker 13: But you do have some players that's been suspended because they've betten and it ain't supposed to be betting.
Speaker 3: But I don't think it affects the product on the field.
Speaker 4: We need more minority access in the sports betting space. You see ESPN, DEBT, n GM, all THEFT, Kings, Draft Kings, all that, but nobody looks like us, but we probably the number one race that's trying to come up quick. So we talk about business. I'm waiting for some sanctions to be in place for the next sports book to have at least a minority patron in position to do that because they use us as influencers, but they don't use us as partners.
Speaker 3: And you got Jay z uh fighting for the casino hopefully.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I will keep it lock. We got more with Brandon Marshall, Cam Newton when we come back. You don't want to miss this. The Breakfast Club, Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's DJ n V. Charlamagne the god we are.
Speaker 10: The Breakfast Club were still kicking it with the homie Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, what are your thoughts, Cam Win? The state of black quarterbacks right now in the NFL. I think this year was like some record.
Speaker 4: It was like, what fourteen starting quarterbacks the majority Now that the real thing is now being a white quarterback is the minority now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Being a pocket quarterback is the minority there. Feel mean.
Speaker 4: So I love the state of where it's at right now, and it's pushed by the Lamar Jackson's other world, the Patrick Mahomes other world, these extremely uh savvy skill sets that this game has really never seen and it's praised.
Speaker 11: Always felt like there was a racial stereotypical component to be in a black quarterback where they felt like y'all weren't smart enough to plete a position.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's it's in everything, not just in sports. It's in everything, like diversity and inclusion. It don't matter what the commodity is. The right higher, the right person should get this position just because you run fast and you just so happened to play the quarterback position. You shouldn't have to change your position, you know what I'm saying. And you know, we had a lot of questions about the Lamar Jackson when he got drafted. Joe Flacco was theirs, like, is he gonna play receiver? That's why he didn't want to run a forty. It's like, no, hope, bro, I don't want to do that because I know what y'all trying to try to do.
Speaker 11: That's crazy. They try to change your position just because you like, come on, corner, what I receive? All these black quarterbacks, you're an athlete.
Speaker 13: You're an athlete as usual over here, correct, and it's to your point, you know mine, And it's backed up in numbers as well. Some of the smartest guys, or they think is the smartest guys on the field are the backup quarterbacks. A lot of our hit former players that become head coaches or backup quarterbacks. And when you look at the numbers, how many black quarterbacks or backup quarterbacks? Now that's important because we talk about evolution, evolving transition. So a white quarterback can be in the NFL for ten fifteen years, never throw a touchdown their backup quarterback? How many black quarterbacks do they get an opportunity?
Speaker 4: So to that person that says, who does Cam Newton think he is by coming out with a list, I'm telling you I gave. I said I would be a backup to these people. So, knowing that most backup quarterbacks don't look like me.
Speaker 3: Why do y'allink? CJ.
Speaker 11: Trouds thinking Jesus was edited out edited out of his post game speech, like if the league, you know, like not accepting of religion.
Speaker 3: I never I've always seen people think God, So why do you think that happened?
Speaker 6: I think that was NBC too.
Speaker 3: NBC, Yeah, it was NBC. Yeah, I think it. You know, look now we're in a time where.
Speaker 13: We're so divided, right, and so you think about, you know, while we're divided the politics, religion, you know, and in different communities their points of views, and so when you think about business, they don't want they don't want that. They just want football. And so I think it's wrong, it's disrespectful. But that's the answer what you're thinking, Oh, them accountable.
Speaker 4: You'll hold an athlete accountable or entertainers because they're humans. But what do we say to these networks when they make their mistakes? We just overlook, Ah, it's okay, cool. No, I'm coming for accountability on everybody, from the reporters to the to the networks, because that that that ain't right. That's what the new norm of twenty twenty fourth. And if you call cap on me the shorter receipts and your boy Devot cam stopped calling me mother, I ain't calling you now he realized like somebody was playing with you can't just sit up there and do.
Speaker 6: That, goosey.
Speaker 3: You know, not a situation.
Speaker 4: So you know, you know, whats going on? Somebody was playing on his phone and these little white kids that came out and said that. But he goes online and say like, yo, Bro, Cam stop calling me. You just want to be on your podcast a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Bro, that wasn't me.
Speaker 6: But that's cool.
Speaker 4: But he tried to stand on business. But as we find out, and I'm my fans still like fan of Debo, like, bro.
Speaker 3: Like how can I hate what you do? Like it was a mistake, but hey, you thought you got me? You didn't? Well are you?
Speaker 5: Are?
Speaker 11: You coming out with a book on how to be the kind of man and makes a woman want to see me? Oh, it makes a woman want.
Speaker 4: To be I need to be coming out with a book that the tail we need men to start being men. That might be because I think I think that's the thing too, that that submissive line I should have added also we need to be we need men to be men, because then I will ask DJ ANDV, how were you able to sustain your marriage for so many years?
Speaker 10: We don't talk about that, that's true, you know, and and for a life right there twenty two years down left right, yes, but we're able to you know, to talk about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so when I'm having these conversations and I'm and I'm speaking, I've never been married, So somebody will say, how the hell you get to talk about marriage.
Speaker 3: If you ain't never been married, you got relationships. But then I'll say this, how does Steven A. Smith talk about the NBA if he ain't ever been in the NBA?
Speaker 4: Right, I've had certain situations though that had garnered a lot of attention by me saying, you know, an alpha male, but a real man. I've seen my father do this. He knew when to allow the woman to lead. We need men to start taking accountability and saying like, bro, you can't just keep having these fatherless children.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: But we highlight them in music. We highlight them in you know, different aspects. It's like, okay, he had great this or great that. That's what Charleston White did. Still accountability, you know, and he shunned Dion. I'm like, but did Deon do anything different? If you was in his position? Would you not try to put your son on? So you can't you can't be hypocritical to that. It's not like it's not like his son not adult exactly, and he's put in his whole family, like the well off media that's his son.
Speaker 11: Y'all brothers are doing it great. Ja, I guess didn't talk to y'all all day. Man, make sure you check the I Am Iconic tour and the im Athlete.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we did a couple of cities.
Speaker 13: Now we feel like it's almost like a comedian perfecting their material. So you know, we have this idea of creating a live experience and so we were in Atlanta, Chicago, and we feel really good about it. And now it's time to what stand on business business package.
Speaker 10: We appreciate you brothers for joining us. Y'all guys invited any time.
Speaker 16: You know that.
Speaker 6: So if you in town, pull on up. Just just come on up.
Speaker 10: And hopefully when we when we get our co host, whenever that happens, you know, we'll all come together.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation you had hold on what happened before we get out of here?
Speaker 3: The people, the people I want to know with what with just hilarious. Oh, I loved y'all conversation on.
Speaker 4: That was a conversation, Like, y'all, that was an amazing conversation. What happened to just hilarious on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Y'all, Cam Newton and Brandon.
Speaker 4: Us Man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate them so much.
Speaker 10: At the breakfast Good Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ n V, CHARLAMAGNEA God.
Speaker 6: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Taylor Swift, pull out.
Speaker 2: A name or you've gossip been when you chatting?
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 20: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast lide. This is why the tea spells say right now, this is very scary. Taylor Swift has a stalker and he has been arrested again. His name is David Crowe. He's thirty three years old. He's been by Taylor.
Speaker 6: Swift's apartment thirty times in the last two months.
Speaker 21: Was walked out of the First Police Precinct about eight o'clock tonight. I did ask him if he was a fan of Taylor Swift's. He did not answer that question. He just kept talking about a pair of pants that said. We have learned today that between November twenty fifth and January twenty second, he has been at the singer's home approximately thirty times. Pants David Crowe, Taylor Swift's alleged stalker once again put in handcuffs, this time.
Speaker 6: For violating an order of protection.
Speaker 21: Won the judge and posed just out earlier, insisting he was back at Swift's townhouse looking for a pair of pants.
Speaker 3: He says, we're in the dumpster.
Speaker 21: This New York Post photo appears to show him diving into the dumpster just across the street from the Pop Stars building. This all playing out shortly after he faced a judge on charges of stalking and harassment. He was let go under supervision and was ordered to stay away from the singer and her home.
Speaker 10: Isn't that scary? The fact that this man is still there? He's been arrested numerous times. They said he got arrested one day, the charges weren't done strong, they released him, and then the rest of him several hours later back at the same residence.
Speaker 3: Why didn't shoot him? What security was at?
Speaker 6: Mmm? I don't know, But yeah, this is very, very scary.
Speaker 3: And shouldn't it be like a limit, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: If you harass somebody thirty times, like, shouldn't you automatically get some type of extreme jailstiners.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying extreme, but like a year, a couple of years or something.
Speaker 10: Whatever they're doing, it seems like he's not worth because he continues to go back to the same spot and they arrest him over and over again, and.
Speaker 6: Like, what are they waiting for?
Speaker 11: And you know what, I'm gonna take that back about shooting him because clearly he might be dealing with some type of mental health issues, right, because insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If you go to the same place thirty times, did he get arrested all thirty times?
Speaker 10: He got arrested a lot of times with just complaints, But mental health mental issues are not. If you're coming to hurt me or something's coming to happen, I have to defend myself if he has a weapon.
Speaker 3: The other day, you said if somebody breaking your house, you shouldn't shoot him.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: You said you should give more chance or something something. I didn't say that.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that.
Speaker 10: You said something to that effect that was not that that full thing. You sound like somebody these blogs. You take a little bit of what I said.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I'm not making this up. We had a debate about it.
Speaker 11: I just don't care to remember right now, but something, yes, should happened to that individual. There's got to be some type of consequences and repercussions. That's why he keeps coming back.
Speaker 6: Now, let's talk about being light skinned.
Speaker 3: Why for what they eat? Steph currying in the room, He's the only lifekined man worth talking about.
Speaker 6: Lil Wayne talks about why he feels people hate on Drake so much.
Speaker 5: Why didn't they hate No Drake like this? That's what I don't understand. That's true. That's too sure. You know, you know he likes we've been doing that. That's history. That's just America's history.
Speaker 3: How I know it's because I'm not life skinned.
Speaker 14: I hate you all dues.
Speaker 5: So yeah, because American man hate it on all of man.
Speaker 22: You shout out, shout out to yellow man. At least put it in the same especially pretty. But that's what's wrong with you.
Speaker 10: And I know that's the reason why a lot of you, you brothers and and and people out there hate us on our on our light skined brothers. We've been called everything from beige, bitch, mellow, yellow, light, bright, red bone. It's color whiffle, color negro, high yellow highlight of big bird.
Speaker 6: We've been all those names.
Speaker 11: The only one that you said was good was waffle colored negro because I made that up years ago.
Speaker 3: And I never hated on light skin dudes.
Speaker 11: I just cheered when Nino Brown stabbed a pretty negro from the bank in the hand. Okay, And I never called anybody any of those things except for waffle colored Negro. I call them canary colored cowards. I tell him that their skin is the color of dirty arroin. I call them khaki colored clowns. I call them beige bitch, beige bowls. I said, your pigment, of your pigment is the color pancake batter. My favorite is calling a light skin man a pretty albino girl. That is a good one, see you know, a.
Speaker 3: Good one that we never used. Give you one more, one more, Just give you one more.
Speaker 11: Call light skin man quacker ass quackers, okay, because rubber duckies are yellow and ducks quack your quacker ass quacker.
Speaker 6: See that's that's that's where the hate come from.
Speaker 8: I hate it.
Speaker 6: I don't hate.
Speaker 3: I don't hate. I don't hate. I don't know why would I hate on you for not having no Melani.
Speaker 10: Now, Kevin Gates was saying yesterday, Kevin Gates said the same exact thing.
Speaker 13: I mean, this would all do disrespect. It's hard for a bright. You got to be extra gangster when you bright. You know when you bright, you know like how you know how to fight so good kids, because I got beat up a lot. That's why they always picked the bright. They don't never pick. They don't never pick. He this dude, he ain't did nothing gangster.
Speaker 5: He just ugly.
Speaker 3: He just ugly. Why are we ugly because we talk? Yet keep talking.
Speaker 13: I ain't talking about you. You're a chocolate man. I'm talking about he uglyad he would he would a yellow. He would a yellow. Gonna like yellow like chocolate. They don't like bright.
Speaker 3: But then it's a right as him. Though he's bright, you ain't right to be.
Speaker 13: I'm really letting you know what I'm saying. I come up in the You know what I'm saying. I've been I've been battle tested.
Speaker 6: You know I'm approved.
Speaker 10: See, and that's the problem. Why could I just be black because you're not? See, I don't want to go down and then I can't say nothing back.
Speaker 3: Let's here's the thing. Let's let's not right, I'm black. Let's be kind.
Speaker 6: Let's be kind, O you gonna say some kind Let's be kind to.
Speaker 11: Our beige brothers in the blue vein society. Okay, it's very tough for them this time of year. All right, it's cold. They turn the color of sugar cookies. Just be just be patient with them and be kind.
Speaker 6: Okay, just submit we all black to say that you're not you're Paige. I hate you, and I can't say nothing back, right because then I'm I'm found.
Speaker 3: It's just you just don't have anything that's good. You don't have anything good to say like I do.
Speaker 6: Grad it's your room, will report.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 10: I'm not even gonna say it all right now when we come back, Oh donkey today we give you.
Speaker 3: Donk at to man for after the hour.
Speaker 11: Man, I've been looking at this, Uh, I've been paying attention to the young Doug case, like not really paying the attention you know, in and out of it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 11: Can we talk about that for a second, because you know, I saw this phone call that came out between him and Mariah scientists. Can we talk about what's going on at the cob County Jail and all of that. For a second, I need some of them people, whoever the group he was that put that video out. You need to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: You like to have a word with you, please.
Speaker 10: All right, we'll get to that next, so don't move, and then Jay Shetty will be joining us. It's the Breakfast slogo Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Your execute shore on.
Speaker 1: The Donkey of the Day is something to do to you.
Speaker 3: The reason he gave me donkey other day and I deserve that.
Speaker 5: You need to know.
Speaker 3: You need to tell them, I am.
Speaker 9: You have to them.
Speaker 3: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 6: It's a read. But you're so good at Charlamagne, Charlamage.
Speaker 9: Damn Salomeame, who do you the the dusky the other day?
Speaker 11: To man well, sexy red Donkey today for Thursday, January twenty fifth goals to the Cobb County Jail in Atlanta. At this point, it's not even just the Cobb County Jail in Atlanta, it's everything surrounding the reco case of Jeffrey Williams, whose stage name is Young Thug. Fifty fifty cent I know you got the power universe and being Mef and you working on stories about things that happened here in the streets of New York City. But at some point someone is gonna have to do a movie of our film on the dramaedy that is the Young Thug reco case.
Speaker 3: Okay, a TV show, a film something.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 11: I'm not an attorneys and I don't take anything I say here this morning as law because I am going strictly off feelings here.
Speaker 3: No facts, okay.
Speaker 11: And when I say facts, I mean facts about the law, because I have no idea about the facts.
Speaker 3: Of this case, nor do I have any idea about the law. I don't know what Jeffrey did or what he didn't do.
Speaker 11: So I don't want anyone to hear this and say I'm advocating for Thug to get away with any crimes you committed. All I'm simply saying is this case should be dismissed, okay, hung jewelry something. Seriously, at this point, I don't see how this trial is even still happening. I don't know if it should be a mistrial. I don't know what the technical terms are. I already told you I'm not an attorney. I am not one of these negroes who pretends to be an expert on something on social media.
Speaker 3: Okay, all I know is my.
Speaker 11: Instincts, my gut, my third eye, my intuition, my spider fitss are tangling and telling me this.
Speaker 3: Case needs to be thrown out. Okay.
Speaker 11: I mean every single week it's something new. What prompted me to say this on this fine Thursday morning is this phone call between Jeffrey and his girlfriend, Mariah the scientist. This is a phone call on video from a jail visit from Mariah to Jeffrey, and it clearly was recorded at the Cobb County Jail. Here's the thing. Why is this video out? I know it's not illegal. I know these calls can be public record from what I was told, But why who in the Cobb County jail is so grouped out that they decided you, Maria scientists visiting young thug over the holidays.
Speaker 3: We have it on video.
Speaker 11: Let me put that out online to get the computer's peuting. Now, Jeffrey and Maria aren't saying anything incriminating. She's visiting him, showing some love. It's honestly not even worth playing over the air. But here's a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: What's up, baby, Merry Christmas?
Speaker 9: I love you, I miss you, and I love you.
Speaker 14: I love you.
Speaker 11: Thanks guests, And I had to have a right name.
Speaker 9: What would you pick it to be? I like that you call me last night, daddy.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 11: It's nothing. But it's not about the call that. It's about the principal. And I already told you, uh that it's not a for the jail to put out a video recording of him and.
Speaker 3: Mariah on the phone. I don't believe it is his public record, okay, from what I was told.
Speaker 11: But if you know Thug wasn't who he was and Mariah Scientist wasn't who she was, woul these calls be out And this is why we are here today because I just don't understand how Jeffrey is getting a fair trial with nut ass things like this keep happening.
Speaker 3: There is more twist in this trial than it is in young Thug's hair. Okay. I don't even have time to go through all the things, Okay, but there's quite a few.
Speaker 11: Remember when the juror decided to take a trip to the Dominican Republican instead of going to jury duty and then the judge ordered.
Speaker 3: Them to complete a thirty page essay.
Speaker 11: Remember when another juror got jailed for three days after filming the court proceedings. Remember when an attorney was arrested for bringing contraband into the courtroom and assaulting an officer. Remember when the judge threatened to arrest people for making outbursts in court. Remember when they was on zoom in a porn old video popped up. Remember when the judge had to stop the proceedings to address weeks of evidence in the trial. Remember when his coach defender got stabbed in jail and that delayed the trial. Remember when someone recorded the jury and posted an online and all these blog sites ran with it. Now you got Jeffrey's prison visits with his girl being released to the public once again.
Speaker 6: Not somebody yelled on one of the streams to it.
Speaker 3: It's like free thug mistrial. I remember that. I remember that.
Speaker 11: I just don't see how he's getting a fair trial. It just feels like multiple constitutional violations have occurred. Once again, I'm not an attorney, so don't listen to me, but it feels like constitutional violations. It feels like deterrent effect of prosecution. I don't even know what None of that stuff I just said means. It just looks and sounds like what I'm feeling. Okay, Procedural issues. I did my research, and by research I mean Google. In these phrases feel like why I think this case should be a mistrial? Legal insufficiency? That sounds right, right? Lack of resources?
Speaker 3: Know that? Look, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Okay, let me stop trying to sound smart about this. I hate when folks do that. Whenever it's an issue, they become an expert on it because they google something. Okay, folks is geopolitical experts on Palestine and Israel, and COVID was kicking our asses. Everyone was an expert in global disease biology. I'm not about to sit here and think like I'm some type of trial looyer. All I'm saying is I would be surprised if thug walks from this right.
Speaker 3: But it don't feel like he's getting the Farris' shakes.
Speaker 11: It feels like someone is treating this whole situation like a feature film, and it ain't a movie.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 11: Okay, Remember when the judge, Judge Glanville, got really upset and the woman Kathy Russon from Law and Crime tweeted Judge Euro Glanville, who's overseeing the trial, recently got upset in.
Speaker 3: The court room.
Speaker 11: Judge Glanville appeared very angry and called all attorneys back in chambers, working to get more information, but murmurs about a mistrial. Stand by because the judge was upset at a bunch of things I just named, mainly juror's faces getting out there. I even saw Drake post this morning in reference to the video being released of Mariah and Jeffrey. He posted, it's got to be some form of jail misconduct. You want to drag this talented man, then not be able to control your employees using his personal business for their own game. Somebody benefited from this video, Eve and existing and that's shameful. Whole case is a wash. Just free to guy and let him come home and continue bringing light to Atlanta. Well, damn it, swine must be flying because I agree with the Toronto raptor.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said a raptor, not rapper.
Speaker 11: I don't know if it will be a mistrial, but I can clearly see a hung jury because I don't even understand how a jury, a judged could focus on the actual evidence of this case with all of these distractions surround the case.
Speaker 3: And all these distractions keep happening.
Speaker 11: Okay, they say jeoris aren't supposed to pay attention to the news and stuff like that during a trial. Do you really believe, do you really truly believe in your heart of hearts, that jurors in this case aren't paying attention to everything that's.
Speaker 3: Being said online?
Speaker 4: How could you not?
Speaker 11: You don't think they're not paying attention to what's being said on TV on radio. Once again, I don't know if Jeffrey is guilty or not guilty of the things he's being accused of, but I do know this case is too damn convoluted and too full of drama to family find out. So please give whoever released this video from the Cobb County jail the biggest.
Speaker 6: He huh, all right, we'll thank you for that, donkey to day.
Speaker 10: And you're absolutely right. There's so many things that have been released on this trial. It's it's disrespect. I don't see how he gets a fairy he doesn't. I don't see how he's getting a fair shake at all.
Speaker 11: I don't see how anybody can look at this situation and say this is fair to him, regardless of I don't know if he's guilty or not guilty. I'm just saying we all should get a fair trial.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 10: Just don't seem fair at all, not at all, not with everything being released and everything has happened, It just nah seemed like a circus.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, thank you for that, donkey of to day.
Speaker 10: Now, when we come back, Jay Shetty will be joining us, and we're gonna kick it with Jay Shetty when we come back.
Speaker 6: Tell him what j Sheeddy Charlottman.
Speaker 11: Jay Shetty is the host of the On Purpose podcast. He's a fantastic author. He put out a book last year called Eight Rules of Love, How to Find It, Keep It and Let it Go. He's amazing. You just saw him sit down Michelle Obama. So I think that was the last week he did a conversation with Michelle Obama.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Jay Shetty will be here when we come back. It's the Breakfast Leggle.
Speaker 3: It the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: More than everybody, it's DJ NV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building my guy. He's an author New York Time best selling author. He's an entrepreneur, he is a podcast host and now he is a model as well.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, Jay Shetty AAA.
Speaker 11: By the way, Jay Sheddy is more than the podcast hosts. He has one of the top ten biggest podcasts in the world. Right, Okay, I think that's a very important to note because everybody got a podcast. Okay, Jay said he has one of the top ten biggest podcasts in the world.
Speaker 3: Is the number five?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 17: I think so that's on Spotify. I think that's what it came out us. But no, thank you for having me, guys. I love being here with you, guys. I'm so grateful to be back to you. Congrats on the new studio. And that's not new for you for your viewers, but it's new for me being in in with you. But thank you, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 11: You just sat down with first Lady Michelle Obama. Conversation was everywhere right and she expressed how terrified she was about this election year. What did it like hearing that from her? And how do you process that? Does that give you anxiety when you did it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's an interesting thought process because I can't vote in this country. I moved here eight years ago. I have a green card, but I don't, you know, I don't have voting rights. And I moved here the Trump became president in twenty sixteen, and so I've had an interesting education in the United States that I haven't you know. I didn't grow up learning American history or American politics. So I'm also very uneducated in that space. Specifically, I think for me, I look at most things as things I can and can't control. And when I think about things that make me anxious on a global scale, I often ask myself what is the root of that anxiety in my community? So if I'm seeing whether it's ignorance, whether it's a lack of understanding, whether it's a lack of curiosity, open and there's compassion on a global scale, I'm asking myself, where does that exist within me and my friends and my society, and how do I start impacting that because that I can control. And so I've been practicing that for a long time because I feel that there's a lot of things that give me anxiety, Like there's a lot of things that can stress me out. There's something new in the news every day that can do that. So to me, I try and bring down global events into the personal and intimate because otherwise it's so chaotic and so hard.
Speaker 3: To deal with. How many times do you, I mean, how often have you broken your own eight rules of love?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 3: Every day?
Speaker 2: Every day, man, every day.
Speaker 17: I don't think it's you know, it goes back to that, how can I heal someone? I'm still healing myself. And it goes to the reality of and I think we all know this at this table. Everything in life is a process, right, Like even if you took something really tangible, like we say this person is rich, we talk about them as if they can never lose it and that will always be theirs.
Speaker 3: That's actually not true.
Speaker 17: Could lose all their money. We talk about someone being famous, you could lose that. So in the same way healing progress development, you can lose it. And I think we've got so lost in that destination addiction, the belief that you get to a point from which there is no return. And I think that destination addiction is really misleading in the wellness space because we feel like, oh, now I'm healed. And I think it comes from this idea of if you think about it right, social media is full of before and after pictures. This is where I used to be, look at where I am now right, And it's always like saying I used to be in a bad place, now I'm in a great place.
Speaker 3: No process, no process, and.
Speaker 17: Linear when the real life life is this every day it's just cyclical. And I think we've made our minds feel that journey's are linear. It's like A to B, like going from LA to New York or New York to LA. It's linear. But we know that life is so much more cyclical, and so yes, I've broken the eight Rules of Love every day, every week of my life.
Speaker 11: One of the things you say, man, is so important that I want people to really get from this if they don't get nothing else from this conversation, is you're like, there's no manual for any of this. You're not going to be the perfect husband, You're not gonna be the perfect father. I spend so much time simply apologizing to my wife and apologizing to my kids because I don't ever want them to think that I'm trying to come off with some perfect human who never gets anything wrong right, And I think that is that's very important to do, and just being present like when you're when you're when your wife calls you, your child calls you, even if you in that moment you weren't present. As soon as I'm done with it, I'm doing I'm so sorry that you know I had to do that, but I had to go do X, Y and Z in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, And I think I think the thing about the point you just made, and I hope this is what someone takes away from this as well, is I think a lot of us in our minds when we do introspect, we're quite heavy and harsh on ourselves. I think a lot of people are walking around with a interne in a critical voice that is completely making them feel terrible, and so when anyone says something externally, it's worse. And I just want to remind people that you can't hate yourself into change, Like you can't guilt yourself into growth. You can't blame yourself into a breakthrough. When was the last time you changed who you were because someone hated you? Never when was the last time you supported someone you hate deeply? So if you're hating, blaming guilty yourself, it may get you started, but it won't get you there. And so anyone who's giving themselves a hard time, I'm not saying to give yourself an easy time, but that inner grace that in a forgiveness is such an important part of you actually becoming better. So you're not doing it because you're trying to take it easy on yourself. You're doing it because it's going to let you get through the hard times.
Speaker 10: The most important thing, I think for a lot of people is back to what you say with forgiveness and grace, right. A lot of things that we do is learn behavior. Right, Why do people pop their children usually because they got popped us child?
Speaker 6: You know a lot of the things that we learned and we were taught.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there's there's that famous coott you just reminded me of that says, by the time you realize that your parents are right, your kids are telling you that you're wrong. And it's that that awkward position that we end up in.
Speaker 3: And but you know what's really interesting about that.
Speaker 17: I was talking to someone about this at dinner last night, and there's this old story that I heard a while ago, and it's always resonated with me, even with my own childhood, not not in particular, but in essence. So the story goes that these two men were interviewed and one was an alcoholic and the other one had never drunk alcohol, and they were brothers, and they interviewed them, and then they asked the one who drank alcohol and was an alcoholic, he said, why are you an alcoholic? He said, my dad was an alcoholic. And then they asked the other brother, why don't you drink? And he said, my dad was an alcoholic. And so I think a lot of us got an education and what not to do, but we ended up repeating it instead of breaking the cycle. And I feel like in my life I had to. I got a great education in a lot of my areas of life in what not to do and who not to be, and I took all those little notes down, and I think that's what's improved my life. So I think if we're constantly waiting for the perfect example and the perfect space and the perfect surroundings and the perfect aren't and on call and the perfect parent, it's like we may be waiting forever because no one's perfect. So we almost have to make a list of what not to do but what not to do also how.
Speaker 11: To That's why that's why podcast like on Purpose is so important. That's what podcast like you know Debbie Brown deeply Well is so important because we learn how to, you know.
Speaker 3: Break break a lot in these cycles.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, we got more with Ja Shetty when we come back. Keep it like this, the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is the j Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Ja Shetty cham.
Speaker 3: Are you wearing gas right now?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: No, right now, Okay, I'm just because you saw that a gap.
Speaker 6: That's why.
Speaker 3: I just thought you was handsome.
Speaker 17: All right, DJMV this you know, you know, I wasn't expecting that from you, but thank you man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You and your wife did the holiday holiday gap campaign.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, we were just you know, when we got asked to do that, it was like we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 6: We're like, what is this?
Speaker 17: You know, like we grew up watching the gap campaigns, like the holiday campaigns especially, and any I've said to my wife, any time I get to do any work with her is my favorite thing because I got to hang with her all day, and so that shoot was fun.
Speaker 3: They made it fun.
Speaker 17: The creative team was fantastic, like it was a good time. We walked out of there having had a great day. So it was a lot of fun. And then it was it was surreal because you know, yeah, definitely never been a model.
Speaker 11: So I want to ask you to do you get pushed back from people who will watch you sit down with a Michelle Obama or a Jada Pinky Smith?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you challenge them on this? Why didn't you challenge them on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I don't get pushed back for not challenging people because I think the questions I ask are challenging in a different way. But I think I'll get pushed back because someone doesn't like that person. But what I've found every single time is that when someone actually listens to the episode or watches it on YouTube, if you look at that comment section, it is spectacular, like when someone's actually taken out time out of the day to listen for an hour or watch for an hour, and then you see the comment section, You'll see people having complete I had people reaching out about both those episodes the President Biden interview as well that we did earlier last year and the comments of people who actually listened to it, and by the way, a lot of people were like, hey, I don't agree with this person's politics. I'm actually on completely on the other side. But I just want you to know that listening to this interview was so enlightening from a human perspective. Thank you for putting it out there. And I respect that approach because I think that's why I do the interview. I don't do the interview for any other reason apart from us looking at the broken mirror and looking back and saying, Okay, where can I resonate with the humanity of this individual, law, where can I relate to this person? So yeah, I think that's that's generally the pushback. But the comment section. I encourage you on those episodes to go look at the YouTube comment sections. It's phenomenal to read what people are getting.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I think your conversation with Jada Pinkett Smith the clips is what's set off to Jada pink and hatred, not because of you, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 11: But if you didn't watch the whole conversation and context, and you just saw clips, yeah, she got attack, yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and Jada's a dear friend for me, So it's Yeah, it's a tough one because I think any clip about anyone.
Speaker 3: I said, someone say this to me today.
Speaker 17: Yesterday they said to me Jay, they meant me for the first time, and they were like, Jay, you're so much nicer in person. I didn't like you off a few Instagram and I was like, fair enough, that's cool, but it's so hard for me to be all of myself in thirty seconds and I'm trying my best.
Speaker 3: You're trying your best.
Speaker 17: You'll try your best, but it's hard for any of us.
Speaker 3: Like they did, not to like about you on instagramature with your wife, No puppy's looking your fate.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 17: No, in the sense of I think he was just like you know, I feel like you feel a bit like whatever it was, like whatever he's I don't even know what it was. But I think all of us, if you judged any of ourselves at thirty second real, I'm sure all of us would agree it's not who we are, you know. So, And that's why I do stuff with my wife because I feel I'm most myself when I'm with my wife, because naturally it's the person I spend the most time with and so, but even even with all of us, like, I've got to meet you guys in person a few times now. We win canned with iHeart On, you know, for the festival last year together. And I think when you've met people in person, that's the only time you're going to feel like you've got to know them. I don't think anyone unders I feel like if someone if someone okay, if someone follows me on Instagram, they understand maybe ten percent of who I am. If they listen to my podcast, they probably understand seventy five percent of who I am because they're really dialing into who I am. If they've read my books and my podcast, they're probably like at that eighty nine percent. If they've seen me live, there at the ninety five percent, And when someone's met me in person, it's one hundred percent. And so I think it's all percentages. And you know, I hope that we all again going back to forgiveness and grace. I hope that we can all give each other a bit more benefit of the doubt, because I think it would go a long way for people.
Speaker 11: You say, language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone, and it has created the word solitude express the glory of being alone.
Speaker 3: Could you could expound on that, Yeah, it's a Paul Tillich quote.
Speaker 17: The writer Paul Tillich said that, and to me, I extrapolated from his work for my book because I was realizing that language and the way we use words completely defines how we think about things. So when you hear the word loneliness, you think sadness, you think potentially depression, you think negativity. Of course, solitude is spending time alone with yourself, but with strength, with courage, as Paul Tillet says, glory. So what I've realized is we've got to be so careful with the language we use in our mind. Every single word is a seed for either a weed or a flower, and so every single word that you say is defining. So if I keep saying I'm lonely, I'm lonely, I'm lonely, that's going to impact how I feel. But if I say I'm in solitude, all of a sudden, there's a strength that comes with that. And so I just want to encourage people to recognize that being alone doesn't have to be a weakness. It can be a time of strength and self awareness and personal growth. But it is about the language that we use with ourselves. And so I would ask everyone to this one activity. Think about the one word that comes to your mind the moment you wake up or the moment you go to sleep. Make that word a word that you want it to be. Don't let the word you go to sleep with, and don't let the word you wake up with be a word that makes you feel negative, unhealthy, or weak. Because those studies show we have sixty to eighty thousand thoughts per day, and eighty percent of them are negative, and eighty percent of them are repetitive, which means you having the same negative word or thought repeating. It's not like we're having lots of different thoughts, it's the same thought. Now, you can't control sixty to eighty thousand thoughts, but you can control two thoughts of the day. So just master the first thought of the day and the last thought of the day, and make it a thought and a word that you want it to be.
Speaker 3: I wonder what when that study was done. I wonder was it before social media? After that? I feel like when social media has probably tripled it. Yeah, I probably read it that.
Speaker 17: That's that probably I've read in the last three to four years, so I guess while social media is around. But yeah, I mean now it could have totally tripled. But it's interesting because it's the same thought often. Yeah, right, it's a lot of time we keep saying the same thing. I'm so tired, I'm so tired that thought could life last a year? Or like, oh god, I'm so scared at work, I'm so anxious, that could last a year?
Speaker 3: So oh, one more things? Yeah, is there anything Jay Shady hates?
Speaker 4: Ooh?
Speaker 17: The answer is I don't because I think hate personally, collectively individually doesn't lead to greatness.
Speaker 3: What about the notebook? You hate the notebook?
Speaker 17: I don't hate the notebook, but I have heard I have thoughts about the notebooks. I don't hate the number. I find it hilarious as to how many. And I was, like I said, I'm a hopeless romantic. I've been like that my whole life because I grew up watching Hollywood movies thinking that that's how I was meant to fall in love. I was that dumb person who.
Speaker 3: Felt for that.
Speaker 17: And now I've read about something that they call Disney Princess syndrome, where people walk around like feeling like they're going to be saved by their partner, Like you're going to have a night in shining armor. Who's going to come in and rescue you? I think there's Disney Prince syndrome as well, what we want to go and save someone and we want to be the be all and end all of everything. So the notebook just has some really questionable lines. So yeah, I don't hate the notebook.
Speaker 6: Well, J Sheddy ladies and gentlemen, where can they follow you?
Speaker 4: Jay?
Speaker 3: To come and check out the podcast On Purpose.
Speaker 17: It's where I'm pouring my heart and soul and you know, excited to share so many more amazing, maybe thought provoking, maybe even pushing you slightly conversations to come and join us at On Purpose.
Speaker 11: And his latest book was Eight Rules of Love that came out last year, how to Find It, Keep It, and let it Go?
Speaker 3: You got a new book coming?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, this was just I was just excited to be back to you and hang it. And I actually do know what, sometimes I love these conversations because I came here not knowing where it was going to go. And then you guys just guide it beautifully. So this was wonderful one. Yeah, thank you guys, Jay Shutty.
Speaker 10: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, shut it. I love this record, this record Talk.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody is DJ n V Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 6: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk T Pain.
Speaker 2: All out of names or you gossip been when you chatty?
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 20: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 10: T Pain was on live the other day and he was talking about how he produced a record and wrote a record for Michael Jackson and the Mic and the record also featured Usher, but it never came out.
Speaker 7: We were about to listen to a song that I wrote and produced that was meant for me Usher and Michael Jackson, and then the person that was in charge of doing the references and the person that saying it got too excited and was like, nigga, I'm on the song with Michael Jackson and User in je fame and they didn't released it. And then Michael Jackson was like, Nah, never mind, I don't do it anymore. Here what the song sounded like.
Speaker 2: Game Game.
Speaker 11: I can definitely hear Michael Jackson ably a hundred absolutely I can. That's certain things you hear about, you know, those legends, and you'd be like, ah, that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: But I believe tame because of that reference record.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I can hear Michael Jackson on that. Now.
Speaker 10: Complex is named j Cole the best rapper of twenty twenty three. They said Cole managed to assert his dominance and showcase his lyrical proudness with even putting without even putting a solo album out All features, all the features, first person shoot, a feature in Drake, The Secret Recipe, Little YACHTI, All My Life, Dir Evil Ways, Drake, Thanks, Burning Boy, and Passport Rose Pass.
Speaker 3: I would disagree that.
Speaker 11: The Only thing I would say is that I wonder when Complex does those list do they really pay attention to? All rappers are just like you know, the rappers who are I don't like using the word mainstream because I don't even know streams exist anymore, but just the rappers that are mainstream, I guess, you know, because you gotta the rustle out there, you got a symbol out there. They definitely snapped last year.
Speaker 6: Yep, you know, absolutely, So.
Speaker 11: I wonder do they look at the totality of all mcs, the just MC's on a certain stature. But Cold's very deserving. I don't want nobody to think I'm saying Cold is not deserving. God's very deserving.
Speaker 3: That absolutely.
Speaker 6: Now, also Coachella.
Speaker 10: You know, Coachella is a huge concert that they do over a weekend and they have your favorite artist's favorite artists. Usually this year, they say, and they have the slowest sales in a decade. It's aid tickets are still available, they said, usually it sells out in minutes, but it's still Uh, people are not buying tickets.
Speaker 11: Coachella told you keep their name out your mouth. They did, you still talking. I'm just reporting the story.
Speaker 3: Boy, you don't learn.
Speaker 6: I'm just reporting the story.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: So that's Coachella tickets.
Speaker 10: And lastly, I don't know if you guys seen, but jay Z unveils a new uh collab with Montclair and rock Nation, Jackets and the host of other things. So and this is designed by jay Z. If you want more information, you can go to Montclair dot com. But I think that's pretty dope. The trailer they put out yesterday was narrated by Saint John so Rock Nation. Congratulations to a rock Nation in Montclair.
Speaker 6: They do some fly ish.
Speaker 3: Weeks and winter we got when that groundholl suposed to come out and see it? But or something? What is it? Groundhouse? What is it when the groundhouse sees the shadow? Yes? I think that's how many more weeks? When that's next week?
Speaker 6: Rest, next week?
Speaker 3: Okay? And then they tell us how many more weeks and winter we got? Correct? Because that determines on whether or not you know I want that code?
Speaker 11: Oh, you know, because it's how you want. Yeah, I'm not one of these kids that just be wearing colds in the summer. I don't know how you this new generation do a Generation Z, that's what it is, is Generations Z general, whatever letter it is. The new generation y'all be wearing winter clothes in the summer. Ye, unbelievable. Don't know how you do it. You don't be breaking the sweat, you make it look cool. My old forty five year ol nineteen hundred and seventy eight as can't do that, Okay, So I need to know how many more weeks of winter left?
Speaker 6: I think I don't think there's ready.
Speaker 10: I think it's gonna be actually like fifty degrees today. That's just today, which is crazy.
Speaker 6: But there's gonna be like high this week too.
Speaker 3: What is the last deal winner?
Speaker 5: Let me google that.
Speaker 3: Hey over went to give me a second? Man, you want to what?
Speaker 6: Oh, March nineteenth, March nineteenth. Yeah, we got time.
Speaker 10: We got a little bit time, so you could go get the jacket. All right, and that is your rumor report. Now let's get to the People's Choice mixer. Start the mix off with some Alisia Keys. Todays a Keys his birthday, so drop a bomb for alsiha Keys, piece a Keys. Let's get to the mix now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 6: Good morning, everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Salute to the brothers Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Two brilliant black kings.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, we had a great conversation, and you know one thing that we talked about in that conversation was just the the stereotype of dumb jocks, right, That's what they always used to say.
Speaker 3: You know growing up.
Speaker 11: Well, those two brothers absolutely positively defy that stereotype. So salute to them, and I hope more of you know athletes follow suit when it comes to you know, how they present themselves, because Brandon Marshall and Cam Newton definitely present themselves in an incredible way.
Speaker 3: Man, So salute to.
Speaker 6: Those brothers, and also salute to Jay Shetty for joining us this morning too.
Speaker 11: The good brother J Shetty, Man, make sure you check out the Armed Purpose podcast. If you're looking for a good podcast about mindfulness, you know, mental health, healing. Jay Shetty is the one for you. That's that's in my healing rotation of podcasts. It's Jay Shetty on Purpose, It's Debbie Brown deeply Well, it's Michelle Williams checking in, and it's a woman evolved from Sarah J.
Speaker 5: Roberts.
Speaker 11: Okay, so make sure you check all of those out. Salute to the good brother Jay Sheddy.
Speaker 10: All right, when we come back, we got the positive Notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning Mourning.
Speaker 10: Everybody's DJ Envy, charlamage to die. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, charlam Mane.
Speaker 11: You got a positive No I do, man, and I simply want to say, and I've said this before, but it's just a reminder I need to remind y'all of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hope you Heal is my new response to negativity.
Speaker 11: Whenever somebody's being negative towards you and they projecting, just simply say to them, I hope you heal.
Speaker 3: Have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club bitches, y'all finish or y'all dump.