Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty two, Episode five of der Daily's Guys Yeah production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america share consciousness. And it is Friday, January twenty six, twenty twenty four. Happy Friday, Pepbruary Habruary January Day debate.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You know what that is? It's National big Wig Day because it's the last Friday in January. I think you just put on that big wig and just wig out, y'all. It's National Green Juice Day, National Spouse's Day, National Peanut Riddle Day, and guess.
Speaker 1: What my National Fun at Work Day?
Speaker 2: Also the last Friday in June or January whatever.
Speaker 1: Fun at work, that Jesus day that we've all that all the worst people at the office have been waiting for. Yeah, do you know what they do?
Speaker 2: Apparently they did. They said the best place.
Speaker 1: To celebrate table and pretend to serve.
Speaker 2: This is some hr as shit. They did a poll of people of like how to celebrate the day, and they said, oh, what's like, what's the way you celebrate National Fun Work Fun at Workday for you? Sixteen percent, said bean Bag toss competitions eighteen or twenty two percent Hot Luck lunch cookoff, and then forty four percent the big the runaway one was crazy dress up a come on now, little flair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I truly, I mean the.
Speaker 1: Bean bag toss one is so good.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. It's so bad. I truly hate workplace here.
Speaker 4: Like I understand, like you want to make things better in the workplace.
Speaker 3: Fucking four day work week.
Speaker 4: Yeahs, go home early, just go go be with your family and friends.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, everybody gather in the break room for the bean bag toss. Oh my god, get there, and there's just like middle managers, there's one fucking bean bag.
Speaker 3: You want to remind you that they only have one.
Speaker 1: Fuck, there's fucking fifty of us. Return waiting can be fun too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please don't speak until you get the bean bag. And I would like to go first and just say that you know, here, we're a family, and you know we don't need any outside unions coming between.
Speaker 2: Us, right because we understand each other.
Speaker 4: Then we don't have open communication, you know. And I always felt like this bean bag really represented, you know, our shared heart.
Speaker 1: If you unionize, management will not be able to afford bean bags and have fun days like fun at work.
Speaker 3: And imagine if we didn't have this day where you know.
Speaker 2: And also I'm sorry, but Francisco, we said the Kafia didn't count for fun dress day. It's just a little too see. Oh no, okay, oh dear my name.
Speaker 3: Well now it's not a safe space. I'm sorry. We could keep going. This is just the whole episode is just.
Speaker 1: This fun at work, aggressive fun at work. Jesus, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. He dashed by.
Speaker 5: Me and painted on jeans and all heads turned because it looked like he pete in the blink of and I undo those plumpers and his name. He said, there's some water as he wanted to tame Ocean City King. That is courtesy of Blacharney Save the same pe.
Speaker 1: Our dicks a p as one. No, you're in on the run. That is this full Licarni Lacaroni on the Discord and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Gray Miles Breaking.
Speaker 6: Dream will DJ call it is driving way too fast? Oh dreamed Me and Shane gill List on the same podcast, Shout out to see coming there, honey, I seize you.
Speaker 2: You hit me with the dreams fleetw with mac Aka. I said I need dream Weaver. You came through with that one. You thank you and you listen to the updates I had the weird Shane Gillis dream. It's all just it's all happening.
Speaker 1: Miles is Rich dream life. We're all living and dying with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, how are they still coming?
Speaker 1: They're still They're still.
Speaker 2: They're wobbling. I'm doing the thing now where I'm like trying to document immediately like when I was that, what was I doing was I Yes, it's coming and going right now. And that probably has to do with the the weed being smoked a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, and also once you get used to them, you know, they're not as memorable.
Speaker 2: I I think that is probably the other part too, because I went from zero dreams to just fucking dream Weaver, and now like I think, I'm I don't know, maybe I'm taking him for granted. I'm trying to. That's that's for myself to do some work, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: DJ Khalis, we're all dreaming. I feel like we are all having dreams where DJ Khaled's driving way too fast on the highway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's to be way too casual about it.
Speaker 1: That's right, because we all are metaphorically being driven around by djala another from moment to moment.
Speaker 3: That's definitely like a high.
Speaker 4: Like me, like really really high in the back seat of DJ khal it's like cars, just like fuck, I need to get out right now. I feel I'm gonna die. I feel so unsafe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like, no, it's all good, bro, watch this and you're just like hitting fucking the turns are way too aggressive anyway.
Speaker 4: What does it mean when you know because you're in the backseat of a car and there's no one driving. That's sort of about loss of control or feeling stressed. And I have those dreams a lot. But like you look in the front seat and DJ kaledge driving.
Speaker 2: I don't know what college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that means a whole nother level.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, have I reached a level where he is like serving me? And somehow I have to examine how DJ Khaled is no longer serving me in some sense. I don't know. It's like I said, I think it's just for me to.
Speaker 1: Fire the unconscious part of the world of your mind telling you that you should write him in for president.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I like that because I've already had a great experience with him in control of something already. I want to extend that now to the entire government. Yeah, okay, yeah, see that.
Speaker 1: Francesca. Do you have the recurring nightmare where you're out of where there's no one driving, You're in a car and no one's driving. That was like my that was my growing up. It was like I never had the stream that I had over and over my mom, because my mom would always like leave me in the car, went to like run into do an errand or something, and like I would have the dream where like the car takes off.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's wild. Nobody did that in my family because my grandmother tried to do that once and I put she had the car running, and I figured out how to move the shifter and I put that shit into neutral and we started cruising and she almost yeah, and then they're like, no, this motherfucker can't be in the car anymore.
Speaker 3: The lesson wasn't just turn off the engine, right, It was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he's figuring it out because it was a pretty young age that I was like, oh, step on that thing to move the other one, like I was like three or four. I was like four. It was bad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant comedian, writer, journalist, activist you know from places like Al Jazeera, MSNBC, The Young Turks, Yes, and from the great podcast The Situation Room, which has a live show coming up in two days day, January twenty eighth, seven pm, co starring one Miles Gray.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I'm so excited and it sold out. Did you get there now before the show? There are tickets released the night of, so you haven't missed it completely.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect little like schedule to go there. Schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like go there, get your tickets, go have dinner, and then come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to get that early.
Speaker 4: But but like, yeah, an hour before the tickets will be released, you can see Miles Gray in the flesh.
Speaker 3: You can you know, stalk him I r L. And it'll be great. And I'm so excited and that.
Speaker 1: Is what Yeah, we're we're suggesting you stalk him I r L. That's that's yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like I'm giving y'all enough of my personal life on a day, but we can just probably stalking alone.
Speaker 1: But hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got plenty. Yeah, it's pretty chess.
Speaker 4: Aka ay for Chusca, nice chest? There you got there for Jessica. That was literally something that a dude on the street in downtown New York what said he would said about me after?
Speaker 3: He was like, I'm going to freestyle off your name.
Speaker 1: Wow, have you learned your name?
Speaker 2: Hey, Francesca, nice chest? You got there?
Speaker 1: Chessca?
Speaker 2: Ok yeah, ye all right, anything else now, I just do two bars. That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you'd ever been had with Francesca before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how you met Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna love everything.
Speaker 1: Wow. How are you doing, Francesca.
Speaker 3: I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I'm a little tired because I had late late night pasta and it kept me up.
Speaker 3: If if anyone can relate, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that I was acting so insensitive to this. But is it just that merely the act of digestion at too late a point in the day completely disrupts your sleep.
Speaker 4: That's the du Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a little bit of if you remember from the Christmas Carol Ebeneezer, when Marley first appears, He's like, yes, it could be.
Speaker 3: That your undigested patient, Mike.
Speaker 4: You know, like that moment you're like, oh shit, like an undigested piece of meat.
Speaker 3: It is like keeps you up, or you're having weird dreams and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Turns into a ghost. I mean that's just exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, he's visited by three ghosts, and I emerged the same bitch as yesterday.
Speaker 1: I definitely sleep much better if I don't eat right before I go to bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same thing with alcohol a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: I sleep so good with a full belly. Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very sumo wrestlers. You know. They know I'm so jealous of their life.
Speaker 4: They just get up and eat like a like a downberry, just like tons of like whatever you need, or over like a thin, massive thing of rice.
Speaker 2: It's that's what they eat, is like that big They eat a big ass communal bowl of just calories.
Speaker 3: And then go n night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got to got to just because they can't expand the calories.
Speaker 1: If they have a day where like like a day like I have on a regular basis where I'm feeling like pretty late, what most people would described is pretty lazy. They're like, oh my god, I'm falling behind. I need to be like in a fucking coma today to gratch up on all the energy I expended yesterday.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, what a life.
Speaker 1: Holy shit. All right, Francesca, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. We're going to check in with the good people at Exxon to see how they're dealing with just the slightest, the whisperyest hint of climate accountability inside their full.
Speaker 2: Your pants mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Israel has quietly admitted that Gaza the Gaza Health Ministry numbers are accurate.
Speaker 2: Wait a seconds, but I was told even from President Joe Byron that he doesn't believe those numbers. We're gonna check with Nancy Mace.
Speaker 1: We'll also look at some of the stories that didn't happen this week, but that you might have heard did at least some people on the Internet are saying did, such as some pictures of Tom Hanks wearing various political slogans disease X. Disease X is the big one. That's the one that even I saw and I keep my eyes closed for most of the day. As as mentioned, yeah, all of that plenty more. But first, Francesca, we do like to ask our guests what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So I was listening to this podcast Radio Ambulante, which is in Spanish. It's like an MPR storytelling podcast. It's really good, and they're doing a series on Naib Bukele, who's the president of El Salvador. And I didn't know this, but Bukele is of Palestinian descent, like his family is Palestinian. He's part of like yeah, an Arab Salvadoran population. But and I was like, oh shit, you know, could be an incredible moment for a Palestinian right or a president of Palestine origin to say fucking something in this moment.
Speaker 3: Googled it to.
Speaker 4: Just make sure, like obviously this podcast is doing their research. I was like, oh, I had no idea. And of course what he said in this you know, time of genocide is anyone who stands with the Palestinians.
Speaker 3: Is a terrorist.
Speaker 4: Oh so not only is this dude, you know, trying to run an entire country off crypto. Not only is he routinely just imprisoning and massively sweeping up any man you know between the ages and man or boy between the ages of like you know, sixteen and fifty and imprisoning them preemptively calling them all gangsters. But then he's also like, has no any kind of you know, solidarity with his own people, which is actually pretty surprising given I think like Palestinians in the diaspora are generally like will speak out in favor of their people because their parents were the ones who were like displaced in the Naxa.
Speaker 3: Will and because nobody else will. So it's just very interesting.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, yeah, because he's a right winger, so of course he's gonna throw his people on their bus because he right winger.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, that cancels out. He's like, I have no identity except the right.
Speaker 3: Way, except for many But yeah, that's what I was looking at.
Speaker 1: Damn. What is What's something you think is overrated award shows? OI?
Speaker 4: Just I can't believe it. I just let's just call it what it is. Let's just do a fashion show. Let's just have a camera in the Vanity Fair party and watch you know, like yeah, watch Margot Robbie like be cute and off the cuff, like watch Ryan Gosling like loosen his tie a little bit. Like I just that's all we want to see is pretty people doing like doing fun things. Everything is. I just hate award season and award shows. And I guess I may be a little bit salty because no one's using their platform to say fuck all about you know, genocide. Even folks who I know are down, I know are cool, are still shook as hell.
Speaker 3: I'm just tired.
Speaker 4: There's so many and I like want to be the person who's like, yeah, we'll come over to your house, we'll watch the ship.
Speaker 3: I don't give a shit.
Speaker 4: About Yeah, it doesn't mean I don't value acting, writing, directing, all that stuff. But like the awards, the Awards show, it's it's such a it's so obvious and at the off the back of the you know, the strikes, the sag and WJ struck. It's such a like participation trophy, like let's it's the equivalent of corporate fun Day in Hollywood. It's we're gonna give you little prizes.
Speaker 2: And a party, so you forget about all that.
Speaker 4: Even though we're gonna like like routinely underpay you, and no one's actually gonna talk about how much they made because you got like half of what he got, you know.
Speaker 3: Like anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I was really heartened by that Hillary Clinton tweet.
Speaker 1: It gave me strength to get through the news cycle.
Speaker 2: The way, my goodness, the way she's able to center herself.
Speaker 1: As much as anyone get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want at the you want at the box office or ballot box. It's like Jesus please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that was awful.
Speaker 4: Also, she stays being so cringe, Like I have to hand it to her, like, no, like to be so consistently cringe is not easy.
Speaker 1: No, that's smart for him, it is. Yeah, she should win the Best Original something for her ability to constantly remain in character at the most unexpected of times and just find a way to insinuate her very specific brand of cringe.
Speaker 2: And that's up there. I mean, one of my favorites was Hot Sauce in my Back. That was like.
Speaker 3: So try hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so we should see those she knows a moment, you know, so we we should say specifically what happened.
Speaker 1: She tweeted at Greta Gerwig and Margot Robbie and was like, girls, I get it.
Speaker 4: I well, it can sting to win the box office but not take home the gold. Your millions of fans love you. You're both so much more than kinoff hashtag Hillary Barbie, which.
Speaker 3: Isn't a thing. It wouldn't be Hillary Barbie, you idiot.
Speaker 4: It'd be like pantsuit Barbie or political Barbie, or you know, robot Barbie, or warmonger Barbie, or you know, centrist Barbie or fucking never gonna be president Barbie.
Speaker 3: Like that's what who you know? Regime change Barbie?
Speaker 2: Right right, right?
Speaker 3: I digress.
Speaker 2: I mean no, she's it caused it got the reaction I think she wanted. You know, I think it did more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is so much. I mean, let's okay, just just like two cents on this.
Speaker 4: I saw the movie. I love the movie. I was wondering, I wonder if there's like regime change warmongers in this all felt email, you know, Congress and whatnot. They probably are, I guess, but my guess is not like I think under the matriarchy would have a lot less war.
Speaker 3: I truly believe that.
Speaker 4: But I did walk away going you know who really crushed this guys on.
Speaker 3: Popular opinion, Fucking Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 2: He crushed, he crushed.
Speaker 4: It's not only that he was And look, Greta should have been a nominated for Best Director.
Speaker 3: Greta Gerwig was totally snubbed. That was a snub. Margot Robbie was good. I'm not sure it was.
Speaker 4: At Best actress level, but Ryan Gosling was like hilarious, like sad, weak but angry, but like much he's more. And then he fucking danced and sang. I don't know what more we want, like he truly deserved to be nominated Best Actor, Like he came away with it, and we're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: He was the best.
Speaker 3: He truly was the standout performer of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm more on that later. But what is Hillary Clinton think? Yeah, that is the question that was on everybody uddy's mind. Thank you queen for filling us in. I agree with I think Greta Gerway was a snub, but Ryan Gosling was the performance that I walked away from being like that. I mean, he probably won't win Best Supporting Actor, but like I think he should like he won't because it's like too funny, and the oscars are like, that's not serious, but he that shows hilarious.
Speaker 2: No, but hey, at the end of the day, it won't even matter.
Speaker 1: A war shows at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Whatever, you know, whatever.
Speaker 1: France osca, what's something you think is underrated? Though?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I have to correct something that I said last time, which was underrated not sleeping with your cat or your husband in bed. And I realize i've you know, it caused some pangs of panic. Nobody knew how to respond. Put everyone on blast that yes, sometimes you know, we have to sleep in different beds so everyone gets a good night's sleep, even though it's terrible at nights. Sleep last night, so underrated is my loving, wonderful husband, the father of my daughter, matt Leeb who is great, who even though we sleep in different beds, we have a very robust we have we have a perfect sex life. To quote Alan Derschowitz and.
Speaker 1: Uh and that is who you want to be quoted.
Speaker 4: No, no, but but but just to say, look, it doesn't mean that you're gonna get a divorce.
Speaker 3: Doesn't me you don't love each other. Everyone should feel secure out there. Don't you hear the security in my voice?
Speaker 7: M M yeah, just uh yeah, Miles Uh and Jack were very they you guys are both awkward.
Speaker 4: When I said we were like not sleeping in the same bed, you guys, we both like I But I'm here to say. I'm here to say that it's okay and that I love him no matter what. And one day we're gonna get one of those king beds that are like actually separating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, this sounds like damage to me. Man, is.
Speaker 1: All the times I just kept saying.
Speaker 3: Mm troubling Yeah yeah, yeah, this is no.
Speaker 4: This is one hundred percent damage control and it's directed at only Matt Leeb.
Speaker 2: So yeah, oh man, Yeah I need I definitely need my own blanket. Yeah, you know, I'm definitely. The more I get to that, that Scandinavian style was like, bro, you need your own blanket because the fights that occur over the blanket, tussling occur.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, especially because you're taller and so.
Speaker 8: Like my Hillary Clinton, the fights that between and Bill over the sheets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm surprised you didn't do a tweet like that. She's like, you know, despite what is occurring, in it's like oh no, oh no, no, no, no, Hilary Hillary, Hillary put the Barbie down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's great. I've definitely taken some time to sleep in separate room. I think it's wonderful for your sleep.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it just depends, you know, yeah, it really does, just depend.
Speaker 2: I mean also, like I think for anyone who like actually reacted to that, they being like, oh my fucking god, they sleep like it's the fucking death. Now, that's a fucking death rattle. That's relationship. It's like, come on, y'all, like, no, it isn't.
Speaker 3: Well, no it's not.
Speaker 4: And that's why I think it's but it's okay to hear because here's the thing. If all the audience found out after, like or if you guys found out, anyone found out after like I didn't say it, they'd be like, oh, now you're like why are you keeping it a secret kind of thing. That's why I'm like telling my friends so that when when they you know what I mean, So it's like so so that they don't find out later and are like, I didn't realize you guys have been being separate, But like that is not about that.
Speaker 3: It's like no, no, this is.
Speaker 1: Like here I'm from.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm getting very warm even just something it's like a pro sleep move, you know, it's just about sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I mean that's not there's not the real for me. I get into bed like this second, I'm about to sleep. Like I'm not one of those people who hangs out in bed and does a ton of shit. So it's not like that's really not a venue where like my relationship with her Majesty is like we're making like dreams and memories and shit like that. It's more just like, yeah, here's the place I sleep exactly.
Speaker 1: That's sleep.
Speaker 4: The problem is that, I think also it's a little bit of a flex. It's like saying you have like seven kids or whatever, or like sleeping in suburb beds or separate rooms. It's like you guys have two rooms, Like who has a luxury to do that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's called the time out bedroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. But you know it's it's good Mike. My cat's still pissed. She's been peeing all over the place. Luckily Matt does not pee all over the place to protest.
Speaker 1: So but the ki and that is a flex also that you have a husband who doesn't pee all over the place, isn't it though?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations wow, because yeah, Jack and I are like looking nervously at each other right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, my wife say the same thing, right, I do not. I don't pee in the linen closet, and she's very proud of me for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to David Busters later to celebrate. I've been about that. Would you like to go to Dave and Busters? Man said, I can play whatever I want. Yeah, I can play the Jurassic Way.
Speaker 1: Halo for like five hours in a row is fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: In the arcade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, Halo, that's that's the big game. Yeah, you can play Halo now, and like it's they've got like this giant like wide screen experience.
Speaker 2: Well they do have that big shooter game. You're right, Yeah, you play that with your kids.
Speaker 1: I don't play it, but my seven year old will play it until I like drag him away because he is suffering from malnutrition.
Speaker 2: Like he will just play withering Away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, sh.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I just you know, seven year old like a beer a very long beard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wispy. It's good though, because I always know where he is, you know.
Speaker 2: Just follow the trail of the long beard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're gonna take a quick break. We're going to come back, and we're going to check in with our good friends at Exon, who we can trust to solve this climate thing.
Speaker 2: NBD.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: NBD stands for no big deal. Mom. All right, she's been listening and she has questions. So I'm just aiming to.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was telling you off Mike, save what my mom.
Speaker 1: She got questions too.
Speaker 2: She's she has like she does analysis, which is hilarious. That might be the own podcast.
Speaker 3: Your mom should get together into a podcast that's just like After Show.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a rewatch of this podcast right right, or like Lie Commentary right where they figure stuff out, they break it down.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I wish Miles would wear something other than a T shirt. That's right, what my mom would say. He always likes T shirt. Man, I love T shirt. Mom. What can I do?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Exon though. Yeah, I believe they were were they the ones the first to find out about climate change back in the eighties. They were among you may have been at.
Speaker 2: The forefront of that. Yeah, absolutely, But they're currently right now they're busy suing a group of activist investor groups are Juna Capital and follow This for attempting a hostile takeover. Wait, no, I need to actually no, they're suing them in court to prevent them from even proposing to other shareholders whether or not the oil and gas giant could like do a little more to curb greenhouse gas emissions. So this spring the company will have like a round of proxy voting where shareholders can weigh in on company operations. And this specific proposal that is being forwarded by these activists investor groups, they're just basically saying, first of all, this thing is non binding. It's a non binding resolution, and they're just they're just being like, man, maybe take a look at like the like what like what the emissions are in terms of when the products are burned and also like how the products are cultivated and extracted. Maybe you look at how you can cut back on that and maybe do that in a little bit more of a slightly aggressive pace. But the thing about it is it's non binding and also barely has a chance of being passed. Like the last time these groups got a proposal like this and it was rejected by nearly ninety percent of the fucking shareholders. So this is what makes this story interesting. Is normally, right, a company can go to the SEC and have a proposal like this removed through like a special request. But apparently the Biden administration has been less accommodating to CEOs who try this kind of thing. And so basically, what is an earth fucking company to do. That's right, go to the courts that are pretty much bought. So they are filing a loss suit in the U in US District Court in the Northern District of Texas, which is famously being manned by two Trump appointees, one who is doing the whole MEFI press Stone thing that is basically going to make its way to the Supreme Court eventually, and the other who is the person that blocked the White House's student debt relief plan. So there they got lucky enough to get that judge, Judge Mark Pittman, who's also a huge Federalist society creep. Yeah, the same federalist society that receives.
Speaker 3: Funding from Exxon my Gon.
Speaker 2: So all of this because they can't stand that a group would be just so audacious to even ask for, you know, increased consideration about the state of the earth that they're just destroying in real time. So it's just a really wild thing where everyone's like, damn, like you just really just just go straight to the court, like you don't even want to bother with the SEC for something that isn't even a like again, it's a non binding resolution. They don't have to do shit. They can be like, okay, we heard you on that one, but we're not doing it. I think probably because their whole argument is like, they're trying to destroy our business and the way we do everything.
Speaker 4: So no, right, if we investigated in this, to say nothing of if we disclose this to our shareholders, it could cost us profit, so therefore it's illegal. I don't fucking think so. I mean, yeah, with this, I guess with this judge, yes, but right. But from an objective perspective, it makes sense that if the person is investing in your company, they should have more transparency, they should understand and there should be basic investigation into yeah, the impact of fucking yeah fossil fuel emissions.
Speaker 2: Well, we did that a couple decades ago, and it freaked us out because it said it we were fucking up so bad, so we just decided to be like shut the fuck up, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we buried it like a bone in the yach but.
Speaker 1: Never to dig trust us. We got this, yeah right, yeah, but yeah, they are the energy companies are going to fight and claw for every last decision. I mean they're so far out in front of this just trying to make fight when win battles that will make it so that it never even like crosses your you know, attention. Like it's just this is so early on in the process of like before a non binding resolution on their board even like comes up like raising the possibility, they're like, actually, we're gonna sue you and ruin your family's fucking lives if you even bring that a fuck Like it's it really is going to take an all out war on these people to agreed turn out.
Speaker 4: Yet, Yeah, I mean yeah, that like that's what Bill mcckibbon always says, right like that we have to treat fossil fuel companies like the enemy, Like we have to treat them because they treat us and life on the planet as enemies and they treat the earth as expendable and it also shows I mean, look, I think it's really nice that, you know, some people really focus on corporate boards just the way that folks focus on statewide legislatures. Perfect example of another place where we're like, all right, we're going to do you know, small de democracy at the state wide level. But if your corporate board or your state wide legislature is run by a bunch of powerful right wing goons and you do something democratic or you try to make those attempts.
Speaker 3: They will override you.
Speaker 4: They will, you know, and again I don't want to make it's not a one to one, but they'll override the will of the people when it comes to you know, any kind of like ballot measures that get passed that state legislators don't like. And the same with the shareholders. So it's like, truly there is a role for government to play when it comes to climate change. It's the only thing that is going to work is real regulation and come on withdrawing the amount of subsidies that we give them. Meanwhile, you know, this is like what we've never been extracting more oil than right now in like recent memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, wait, I thought we didn't we hit peak oil yet no, no.
Speaker 4: I love whendn't we discovered that we were never gonna like that we were gonna die before we hit peak oil because like it's fifteen years ago. It was like, well, so it's all gonna be fine because there'll be peak oil and it just won't work anymore.
Speaker 2: And the energy peak oil did, I don't even fucking know, brohit keeps.
Speaker 4: Going like they're more like then then they discovered natural gas and it was like yeah, no, and it's even worse for h the whatever the college.
Speaker 2: Let's call it CNG. You know that sounds a little more fancy than just saying out loud compressed natural gas.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, it's more of a greenhouse gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, CNNG powered car, YEAHNG powered bus.
Speaker 1: All right, So moving on, there's been this, uh like, one of the main statistics that is getting widely reported is the death toll in Gaza. But then there's been this steady pushback from Israel and from the Biden administration basically saying that the number of dead and Gaza is coming just from the Hamas run Gaza health ministry, and so can you really trust those numbers? We sure don't. Oh wait, we actually do it turns out the UH Israeli intelligence officials have confirmed that their government uses those numbers, the numbers that they've been like themselves saying yeah, they themselves are like, we have been using those numbers ourselves in our intelligence briefings and have determined them to be credible. So when you hear from the Gaza Health ministry that you know, thousands of people are being killed, the Israeli intelligence officials have determined those numbers to be accurate, despite what they want you to believe.
Speaker 2: So when you say we just crossed the twenty five thousand death threshold, that that's they now they're even like that maybe that's credible. But well, like Press Secretary Karine Jean Pierre would say earlier, be like, well, I mean anything out of Hamas, like you just honestly it should just be treated with skepticism, even though like you guys are seeing actual footage of the decimation and I know it just looks like concrete buildings and stuff and rubble, but there are people, I guess there's people in there. And now we're just coming around to the fact that it's like so it's such an embarrassment again, like just with having to even be an American and look at this and have people being like officially like, guys, guys, guys, it's not that bad. Tens of thousands of people are not dying. What they're saying is a lot. Okay, okay, yeah, it's okay. It might be, it might be.
Speaker 4: This is I mean, that's exactly you put your finger on it, because it's all about perception, and it's about American voices and American leaders and Joe Biden, and often what happens, what gets admitted by the IDF, what gets admitted by Israeli officials in private is never openly said.
Speaker 3: And when they speak in.
Speaker 4: English and they do their pressers and they give their talking points to Joe Biden, it is no, you cannot rely on these figures because it's a Hammas run. You know, Health ministry slash the only people who are allowed in there to help anyone. And oh, by the way, there's no functioning hospitals anymore in Gaza, so the point is.
Speaker 1: Also allowed in there. They're still killed by the Israeli military too.
Speaker 3: No, exactly, if you want an independent I mean, so there's twofold. It's one. The propaganda is such that they're gonna still say Hamas run health ministry, yeah, number one, but privately they.
Speaker 4: Will admit and know that. Yeah, the numbers are twenty five thousand, if not more. However, many thousands are buried under rubble. But yeah, it's the other part of that is, well you could let in international observers. It's just like you could let in international journalist. Oh you don't want to or you don't want to protect them, or you're gonna kill them, all right, fine, well that's a whole another thing.
Speaker 2: Right right, And we even just saw too, like how people were blocking aid trucks from even entering. Also, like it's it's such a disgraceful situation and like every time, like I just think about it, it just it's just like so I don't know, it just it makes you feel like you're in some kind of parallel Twilight Zone universe, where like there's clearly groups of people who are so deeply affected by just witnessing what is happening, and others who are doing bending their minds into pretzel shapes to act like this is justified or okay, or just treat people they're like, oh, those people are brainwashed if they think what's happening is a genocide, without even considering the fact that there are many people who understand the tension of like the Imperial West and what oppression looks like and what liberation looks like, and maybe those people see some dimension of what is happening there and say that is very similar to something I have experienced, or my family has experienced, or the diaspora come from has experienced, and not taking any of that into consideration, it's just so easily dismissed as it's fucking TikTok. It's this, it's that, it's let's let's help conflate anti Zionism with anti Semitism, or or people who are speaking critically of the Israeli government with whole sale criticisms of the entire religion. And yeah, it's just and to see how that is just, you know, seems seemingly gaining more and more momentum. It's it's exhausting. And yeah, but now Joe Biden is fully trying to ignore that now and he's just running on Row and that's all he's gonna. I think that's like the main dinner bell he wants to ring going into November. Hey, Row row Row despite it all, well that we're speaking out at that last rally he.
Speaker 4: Had exactly and like, what's the plan for Roe anyway? And it's it's yeah, I mean the election aside. What's crazy about As we find out, you know, more and more of the talking points are just that, they're just lies. When it comes to this assault on Gaza. We don't attack hospitals, Oh but you literally systemically targeted them and now none of them exist anymore. Well, we don't target civilians, so we don't to all this. Oh well, the numbers are lies. The goalpost keeps moving because the next line of okay, so twenty five thousands of Villa I've been killed and seven thousand are under rebel, so like that's literally the next line is so.
Speaker 2: It was or it's some version of it's war. You know, it's war. And that's that's just that's just a shame, you know that. But that's just the reality.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry, Like to call this a war is so fucking funny, Like it is like this is some coward ass shit.
Speaker 3: This is not a war.
Speaker 4: And even if it were, so let's just go with the idea and this is the last I'll say about it. Let's go with the idea that it is a war. You have to abide by the rules of engagement in war was and there are laws around. So it actually benefits Israel to say no, no, no, it's not a war. Ergo, I get to kill as many civilians and doctors and journalists and you know, babies and incubators as I fucking want to.
Speaker 3: Why, because it's not a war, it's a genocide.
Speaker 4: It actually helps them to say that if they admit that it's a war, they say that it's a war, well then you actually have to abide by the rules of not killing those people.
Speaker 3: So it's the they.
Speaker 4: Constantly move the goalpost on us. And again it's all just a justification, which yeah, man, after.
Speaker 2: This, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's next, And the thing is after it's like it's when is after.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's just disheartening too to see people who have been so sheltered in their lives and know nothing of what it could mean to be completely disenfranchised, that they have absolutely no ability to like empathize or understand that, like, you know, you could you could just as easily be in a situation where you might need the help. Well maybe not, because you're looking at it from your own very specific worldview where you're like, I live in America where that shit will never happen and I'll never need help, and like people who need that's just not me and I will never be needy and I will never need anything.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, when there's a blackout for like two hours, you're like, oh my god, how do I charge my phone?
Speaker 3: Like motherfuckers have no idea how to live.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Like women are using tent scraps as period like pads in gaza, Like they're getting c sections without anesthesia.
Speaker 3: That means death.
Speaker 4: Like literally, as someone who went through trialbirth and thought I was gonna throw myself out the window and just shouted your Karis and waited for a dragon to light me up, Like.
Speaker 3: That is death.
Speaker 4: That is just straight up you cannot survive that kind of surgery without anesthesia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's just like it makes it very like whatever then whatever the next you know, global horror event is going to be like the way people are going to insulate themselves psychologically. It just it just freaks me out, like how we're completely wanting to be like like what like we're trying to fucking play like we have some sort of like amorphous definition of what humanity is and what someone deserves as a human being. And that is really one of the most unnerving parts about all of this is just to see how quickly people can like, like to your point, change like move the goalposts, or just merely change the definition of someone who deserves or doesn't deserve to die.
Speaker 1: Right Yikes, Yeah, just trying to blanket all out. Yeah, it's possible. All right, let's uh, let's take another quick break and.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back. We're back, and Nancy Mace is back in my mind for the first time since a few weeks ago. I just found out about her not a hugely engaged with the day to day happenings of the House representatives, but.
Speaker 2: Leave that to the former wonky people like me who are just like what what what? Because again, a few weeks ago, we talked about Representative Nancy Mace, the South Carolina Republican, and her just her desire for constant attention. She will literally do anything for attention, from contradicting herself constantly flip flopping to get on TV or giving her staffers. The actual mandate to be like, y'all need to book me for at least fifteen appearances on the television per week. And that's order. Yeah, yeah, at least at least.
Speaker 3: James Marville come on now, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, come on appearance podcast. It's not a podcast where you talking about secondary syphilis. You know what I mean, that's what happened. That's what Nancy Mason need to do. And get down there and uh and to get with the alligate.
Speaker 1: That old boy got the clap. Clap got the clap, which is funny because he got it.
Speaker 2: On his hands and then we choose hands for clapping, so that's double clap, that's clap squared. But anyway, most recently we're talking about her because she was when Hunter Biden showed up to like an oversight hearing, she had a meltdown and then said he had like no balls because he was doing white privilege or some shit. I forget it was.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was playing melt down of white privilege, Hunter Biden and you have no balls, and it was really hilarious and she got on TV. But now we've just found out there's new reporting that when she was a freshman okay. On January sixth, she had the ultimate plan to get on TV and send her stock rising as a then aspiring anti Trumper.
Speaker 2: She look, let's I'll just read this. The Washington Post reports that Mace was so incensed at then President Donald Trump that she brought up the idea of approaching rioter's head on in the in the Capitol in the hopes she would get punched in the face and become quote, the face of anti Trump Republicans. She explicitly told him them the multiple people gave quotes that she wanted to quote get punched in the face for quote media attention.
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do it?
Speaker 4: This is like, this is like Mike Pens being like, I mean if I just gave him a little bit of my neck to hang me like a bit.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, after that much, get okay, you had your phone, I'm on TV right like that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: They don't hate this, you know, because at least it seems like she's willing to, you know, stick her neck out there, although I guess she wasn't being called to be hung but U face out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like she why not?
Speaker 4: I mean, you saw Josh Holly run away it seems like Nancy Mace was like, no, let's go, and also to be like the face of the anti Trump Republican even though what would have been So what's so funny about this story is if she had gotten hit, which immediately everyone would have made fun of her.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter if she'd gotten unless she was like killed, right, they'd be like, okay, slow, you're old. But if she got like slapped or punched, Maga would love it. They would think it was hilarious. And then she would kiss the ring. Like three years later, she'd fucking kiss the ring like she is now saying like Donald Trump's got to be the nominee. All good, even though she don't decried January sixth, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Now she's like, and you know, I'm about my girl and Nikki Hayley because we're Paul Metto gang out here, you know what I mean. It's cack all day. Oh actually no, I'm with Donald Trump and I believe that he is truly the mindhead and god figure of this party. But I like, to your point, this shows how down she is. Like when you're thirst, is that extreme that you're like, yeah, yeah, yo, yeah, let me get duffed out, like that'll help she I'm ready did eat that.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of opportunity. I mean, like you, like you mentioned with Josh Holly, Like I mean he was running for what he thought was his life. You know, he was scared. A lot of the people are scared. It seems like she would have had the opportunity to follow through on this plan. They but they were begging her to not Who was her staffers. They're like they're like, no, girl, that's They're like, that could be like some hold me back shit.
Speaker 2: You think I'm sure for those staffords, They're like they're like, I don't know, man, Like okay, I'm just like thinking.
Speaker 1: About how she seemed like in the Hunter Biden thing, like you it was you know, very clearly like planned, choreographed, but she was like you don't have ball, Like she just seemed like a little oh no, she doesn't seem fully about it.
Speaker 4: In the moment she would have run away and left her staff to get hit for her, but been like I got hit, slash, my staff got hit right. And I think it was a massive misread. And I think her staff clearly understood this, like these rules didn't come in through the entrance. They didn't go through the metal detectors, Like, yes, they came in through the window, and they were most definitely armed. So yeah, you want to just get hit and slap for a viral moment.
Speaker 2: No, like they I'm sorry, Nancy. They would have been like who is you? Like we are like, Nancy, you're not in cont the fuck out my face, lady, I'm saying stop as an anti trumper, They're like, what are man? Just leave this This lady is distressed. Leave her alone. We're Nancy Pelosi's office, you know what I mean. That's which probably would have hurt her ego even more so, who knows what would have actually happened. But again, it's just like it just under underlines just the sad state of like Congress. You know, it's like we're we barely have like maybe three people who understand governance or legislation anymore, and now we just have all these like wanna be fucking influencers who are like yo, dude, DC has like the best content.
Speaker 1: Feels like influencer shit at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like especially that kind of shit. We're like, yo, if I get punched.
Speaker 1: Frank video shit exactly exactly social.
Speaker 4: So sad, and yet it is the last place in the country where you can still hold a job and be like a sexual predator or a thief or yeah, like with.
Speaker 2: Foreign governments and getting bars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like, you can't work at a vans if you have any of those hanging out. You can't be a war criminal to Vonds.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, depends on I think in northern Virginia there's a couple.
Speaker 4: Of specifically they actually only hire war criminals former war criminals.
Speaker 3: It's pretty woke.
Speaker 2: It's the Langley to Kroger pipeline that they have. Yeah. For certain people, it's like, oh, you ran a black ops site. Okay, let's uh, well, how are you with a stocking Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk. Let's check in with this. There's a new trend of you know, the AP has a segment section of their website that's like stories that didn't happen this week. Reuters has like a debunking section. So we're just gonna do a little smattering of the fake news from the week, and these will these will be like different genres. Some of them will be like yeah, you probably heard about this, and like this first one is just a series of pictures of Tom Hanks, Like in one case he's wearing an anti Trump T shirt, in another case he's wearing a pro Trump T shirt. These are apparently going viral. This is not one where I'm like, i feel like we need to debunk this because I'm worried people believe it. I think it can do. You know this is gonna do damage. I'm more like, find it interesting that we are desperate for Tom Hanks to be like wearing political slogans on his T shirt, Like why do we need him to weigh in on this via T shirt? It's just very specific.
Speaker 2: Well because like the first image where he was wearing like a nope not again with like it's like the O on the word nope has like the Donald Trump cloth with a red tie sort of thing, and you have like right wingers being like if you ever needed another reason to vote for Donald Trump in New Hampshire today, here it is, and it's Tom Hanks. Because I think for them, they look at him as like the fucking like proto lib you know what I mean, Like he is like he represents like this Hollywood thing where it's like, yeah, maybe he's not controversial, but this is like, this is the kind of people that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants approval from dead.
Speaker 4: I know I was gonna say, like it really is like daddy issues. This is like it's like Tom Hanks imagine thinking he was some kind of evil pedophile gremlin dude, Like he's just he just looks like he would hug you and tell you he was proud of you.
Speaker 3: I'llah, Joe Biden to Hunter.
Speaker 4: Like, which is the worst thing they could possibly imagine, is like a supportive father, righteah?
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Also the T shirt connection from Forrest Gump. Remember how Forrest Gump was always inventing T shirts A nice day, like shit happens, have a nice day. So maybe there's something there, because it does seem like there's multiple So most of these T shirts are actually from T shirt like making companies. Most most of these like viral fake pictures are from T shirt companies that are trying to sell these T shirts.
Speaker 3: Is it Temo?
Speaker 1: I think it's a bunch of different ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, Timo is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Keep America trumpet. I mean the shirts kind of suck. I will say, So there's keep America trump list and then there's vote for more like that, so some people or trying to make it seem like he is pro Trump, Like it's all different versions of Tom Hanks wearing political t shirt and the slogans like very based on like whether he likes Trump or not. But yeah, and like there's also like a Taylor Swift one, but Tom Hanks for some reason is like the choice of people who want to sell their political T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tom Hanks is too rich to be wearing a graphic tea exactly. That's just how that shit goes. And I'm sorry. The only T shirt I would believe him wearing is like someone that said like Boombo clot or something that his son was in Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would just support his son's T shirt business and just like wear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I vote for no bombat Trump No. And you're like, oh, okay, well maybe maybe that is what that's Colin's new hustle or something.
Speaker 1: The big one I did see in headlines was disease X, and it did seem like the headlines were misleading along around this, So yeah, you could have been led to believe that there is a new illness called disease X. That's twenty more times deadly than twenty times more deadly than COVID, and that it's being discussed in Davos right now. So disease X was being discussed in Davos. It is just a word that they're using for a hypothetical pathogen that is like helped us to help plan for future health crises. It's not a real disease.
Speaker 3: And by plan for, they mean make money.
Speaker 4: Off of Yeah, and yet some of the I mean, this is what's fucked about, Like our for profit healthcare system and pharmaceutical system is like like I don't trust the people at Davos to talk about like pandemic preparedness at all, right, you do trust them to be like, well, how can we actually like turn this into a profit for us? You know, are we selling space on our little floating island or bunkers? Are we going bunker yet or because I got bunker? Or are we just making money off of any and you know, breakthrough scientific breakthroughs. And I'm just so upsetting because you know, disease X is like, oh, they're all the doubles, all the elites are talking about how to get another vaccine into us, and all that shit.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's like, no, you're almost close. All these rich motherfuckers are there, but they're figuring out how do we make get our coins exactly the next one. It has nothing to do with like hurting you or hurt in your pockets, but they're not interested in that. They're like, yo, when that shit hits again, and this one goes harder than fucking COVID, what are how do we get our shit together so we can man, Like, you can't just be bezos and fucking must getting all these fucking coins, like we need all them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those people billionaires did make a shitload of money during COVID and off of COVID, but.
Speaker 4: I mean they made the money from the United States government. They got in on those fucking loans that I'm still mad about, Like I'm still mad that my podcast didn't get alone, Like I'm mad that, like I don't First of all, I got it incorporate obviously number one. Any idiot knows you gotta have an LLC, and I guess I'm an idiot. But it's like everyone got some of that money, everyone got some of the loans and didn't have to pay them back.
Speaker 3: Choe Kardashian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she was hurting.
Speaker 1: So, I mean just to like, some of the headlines that talking about disease X are pretty misleading. Like the Hill had the headline world Health leaders worn of pandemic twenty times worse than COVID, Like shit, what that's reckless.
Speaker 3: That's a little reckless.
Speaker 1: Disease X will be twenty times deadlier than COVID nineteen countries of potential pandemic. That's the Health site. So yeah, I don't know it's.
Speaker 3: But it's so much because what's the new COVID string called.
Speaker 4: It's got like a mill it's like xc wow all that like they're all weird common like you know whatever, bad password combinations, auto generated passwords. So like what you see disease X, you think it's an actual thing, right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they need to clarify.
Speaker 2: Just for all y'all. It's JN dot one, which is now the dominant strain in the United States. Sixty percent of cases are now James.
Speaker 1: That could just as easily be variable, you know. Yeah, they put jan dot one.
Speaker 2: JN one sounds like like a white dude's like rapper MC name in like college, you know, what I mean and one, Yo, Yeah, dude, don't call me Jason Norris bro, call me JN one Bro. Jason Norris is done bang the same way. I don't really go by Jason anymore. That's so weird that you keep calling me that. Yo. It's either jan one or j N one?
Speaker 1: Why one?
Speaker 2: Because I'm the first of my name, even though I am Jason Norris Junior. But I fucking hate my dad who's paying for my tuition. And that's how I rebel. That's why I also got these dreads that are very dry, very melling shit. Yeah, I don't know how to do them, to be honest, and I knew, like Loki, I felt bad having this kind of black hair style, but I and so I didn't want to ask them, so I just kind of rolled it up with some sand and ship.
Speaker 3: Are you black?
Speaker 2: I mean, Jason Jose Norris. No, but jay N one does have two thirds black friends, and he is aspirationally black with his.
Speaker 1: Two thirds. And I do keep a detailed spreadsheet of the racial makeup of my friends at all times, so I just know my percentages. So I put them back to anybody pointing out that I'm being racist exactly. Actually, let me have you, let me point your attention with a six heuth spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: Real quick, look at my peacm pie chart of my black friends, Like, why did you have to go that far?
Speaker 1: Francesca as always, what a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, find me at Franni fio on all the socials, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, but you know all.
Speaker 3: Specifically YouTube where you.
Speaker 4: Can find the Situation Room podcasts as a video stream or you can listen wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: All right, and is there a work of media that you've been enjoying by any chance?
Speaker 4: So this is from gen z White House kind of like a lefty Instagram account that has a very non PC quote from Bogwan Reginiche from Wild Wild Country the Guru and that who who.
Speaker 3: Is saying this about democracy?
Speaker 4: While simultaneously there's an exit poll from you gov that shows that eighty two percent of Republicans have a favorable view of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Eighty two percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's Bogwan.
Speaker 11: Because democracy basically means government by the people, off the people, far the people. But the people are retarded.
Speaker 2: Fucking bug.
Speaker 3: It's truly the most bug one ass like quote.
Speaker 1: It makes so much sense at the end of that dog series when they're like, oh yeah, he was on Heroin the whole time.
Speaker 4: I need to rewatch it because I just remember I was like, I don't feel like anyone did anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Right, it was just I put poo in those like the or.
Speaker 4: Just ground a beaver, you know, the beaver the like beaver blood, were like a beaver in the in the drinking water.
Speaker 1: That was bad.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's a just a classic.
Speaker 4: Bogwanism even though he was you know, said that word and that's bad, but it is.
Speaker 3: It does. There's no way that will not make me laugh every single time.
Speaker 1: Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Find me on the app based platforms at Miles of Gray. Hey, and if you haven't gotten a ticket, I'm sorry for you, but I am going to be in San Francisco this Sunday with Francesca and many other guests at the kate Way Theater. Maybe maybe show up a little bit, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: There's still tickets available at the door, but you got.
Speaker 2: To show up, show up, you know, pull up, you know what I mean? Help me not have a dream later that night if you catch my drift and let's see. You can also find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got map Men, and find me on my four twenty day Fiance podcast. That's when we're talking about ninety day with Sofia Alexandra. A tweet I like is from Kate Morrissey at Pony Baloney City. That tweeted gen Z rebranding Manhattan as Work Island is so healing and I hope it tanks the rental market.
Speaker 1: That's great, work Work Island. Jesus, that's so true.
Speaker 3: It's either it's that or like selfie Island tourist Island.
Speaker 1: To quote pusha sorchan Nia tweeted, oh my gods, what an annotation. And it's the beginning of an interview with a vampire I think, which opens. I didn't realize how this book was written, but it opens the vampireless stat here. I have a story to tell you. It's about something that happened to me and somebody just hand wrote above it. Hey guys, welcome back to my YouTube channel. Vampire Here.
Speaker 3: Not a great film, but that's so fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey guys, welcome back to the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: What's that here?
Speaker 1: Anyways? You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episode. On our footnote, we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy? On this Friday, I.
Speaker 2: Was rewatching the seminal comedy south Side Uh, and I was just, man, there's there's one episode that put me onto a new band and it completely blew my mind. The band is called Aka and they're an Indonesian like hard psychedelic funk band.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And this track that they play in this one scene, it's like it goes so fucking hard. It's like Hendrix and someone in the comments like it mixed with cream and it was just a really really dope track. It's called We've Got to Work It Out. It's from an album called hard Beat. It's very difficult to find on certain streaming platforms. It's definitely on the YouTube. But I'm telling you guys, if you like like psychedelic rock, like Funkadelic kind of shit, but like Indonesian swag on top of that, AKA with We've got to work it out, Go go, Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 1: The Daily es Eyecas is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcast from my Heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio ap Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend and we will talk to y'all then have a great weekend. Go see Miles in Francesca. Bye bye,