Speaker 1: One eight hundred Do UI away now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey and Jose's friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred doui away dot com or call eight hundred do.
Speaker 2: You y Away. In today's call, one of our listeners wanted to set up her husband because they just moved into a new neighborhood and apparently he's been very eager to fit in and get to know the other people on his block. That's why he's been an extra friendly, which normally would be a great thing, but not in this particular neighborhood with a homeowner's association run by Brook. After this call, there will be no friendly hellos and waves across the yard. You keep your head down and go right inside. It's your phone tap right now, it's another.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, Jim.
Speaker 4: This is Colleen from the h A. How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hey good? How are you doing well?
Speaker 4: I've been better? Uh. I know we haven't met yet, but you probably saw in the newsletter that I'm still dealing with some ibs.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yi.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 4: Yikes. Since right, that's what my doctor said. Yeah, it only happens once a week, so I'll get through it, you know, all together.
Speaker 3: So how can I help you?
Speaker 4: Ah? Yeah, I'm calling actually because we received a complaint.
Speaker 3: A complaint like about me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently the guy who lives kitty corner from your place, you know Grady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know him, But I don't understand what happened to me.
Speaker 4: He said, you talked to him the other day while he was mowing his lawn. Okay, according to Grady, he found it quote annoying.
Speaker 3: He found it annoying that I was talking to him. Yeah, I don't understand. It was just like having a friendly conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, it was kind of like general annoying. The conversation was, how did he put it, non stimulating? What you didn't really have anything important to say, but you just kept talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I didn't, like, I didn't know that that's going to be like such a big problem from just being conversational and friendly.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, it must be shocking to hear this for the first time. So I'm just here to let you know, as your friendly h O way, that you just gotta be careful. There is a line between being friendly and being obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, he said that I was obnoxious.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't say obnoxious. Marjorie.
Speaker 3: Did Mark so that somebody else was complaining about me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marjorie, she lives two houses down from you in the Blue House.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know her.
Speaker 4: It was something to do when you two were discussing a sports rivalry. Do you remember that, and you joked, we're gonna get you next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I mean it was just like I was being playful.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, well you're playful to her.
Speaker 3: It was a threat, John, I was joking, we're talking about sports teams.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I hear you. I hear I'm actually on your side with that, you know. I spoke to her and calmed her down. I said, he's not gonna break into your house and attack you or your children.
Speaker 3: I mean, you shouldn't even have to say that. It's pretty obvious. I was just joking around.
Speaker 4: Well, when she finally relaxed, she did say, I guess you're right. He's just obnoxious. So that's what I have in the official report.
Speaker 3: You're telling me that there's multiple people.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not like multiple well, okay, it's about a half dozen a half dozen.
Speaker 3: A half dozen people hate me.
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't hate you, they just don't like to live near you.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that six people can't stand me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, I'm gonna correct myself there, because it's not just people who live here and pay the hoadus. The mailman. Earl did make a comment as he walked by.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, the mailman.
Speaker 4: He said, you know that guy in the gray house, he's a hole?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to say to you, so you're.
Speaker 3: Telling me the mailman called me a Seriously, I don't even.
Speaker 4: Think I've met the mail man, but he didn't issue a formal report. So that's just something I heard when I was out walking my dog.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've just here.
Speaker 4: Is your friendly h a way trying to help the situation out let me.
Speaker 3: This blows my mind. I'm trying to be nice to people.
Speaker 4: Yeah about that, So if you could just tone it down and not talk to anyone.
Speaker 3: On your block, really, not talk to anybody on the block.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, at least until this prank phone call airs what I said, This is a prank phone call. And this is actually Broke from the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking. Tell you you're kidding me.
Speaker 4: Oh, your wife Shrif set you up.
Speaker 3: She sets us up.
Speaker 4: She set us up good. She gave us all the people in your neighborhood. She even knew the mailman's name, Earle.
Speaker 3: She is on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, she actually even gave me that quote about you being a mettle. That's a real quote from your mayment.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wake up
Speaker 4: Every morning with phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.