Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, So given them.
Speaker 4: Back A million bus busy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen to me to show.
Speaker 6: I don't joy ye joy.
Speaker 3: You know you turn.
Speaker 5: You love, turn, you gotta turn.
Speaker 3: I got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 7: Turn.
Speaker 5: You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn a w the mon up.
Speaker 3: Look me.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you'll think.
Speaker 1: Huh, I sure will.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now one and on it. Steve Harvey got a radio show man, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: God been good to me. Man, he been so good to me. Wow. And and you know why I say it like that.
Speaker 8: What makes it amazing is because it's been in spite of myself.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what I mean by that. I mean I mean that he's been good to me.
Speaker 8: In spite of all the craziness I've done, all the foolishness I've gotten myself involved with, and not only got but knowingly got myself involved with all of the stupid decisions I've made. Put all that to the side, and he's still been good to me. Bring it all and put it on the plate and he's still being good to me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: That's amazing man. And I'm sure there's a lot of people that can say the exact same thing. I mean, come on, man, I got you. Ain't famous, I got ain't nobody, got no microphone in your face, I got nobody, ain't got no spotlight on you. I got nobody, ain't got no camera in your face. I got nobody. Probably ain't nobody blogging about you. But let me tell you something. If you break it down and be real about it, Oh, you done done something outside the box. You done done something ladies included. You've done something out the box. You woke up and went what did I do that for?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: We've all done it.
Speaker 8: So with all that said and done, God still loves you, man, God still loves you, still wants the best for you, still considers you his child, and its willing. It's willing man to show you your future. He is willing to show you your life. He is willing to let you take a peek at the blueprint.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: That's an amazing God right there. Because I know I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I'm glad it's him, you know today, Man, I want to encourage brothers out there. And when I say brothers, I'm talking to everybody that's of the male species. I don't care about your color. I really really don't. I don't even have time for that in my day. Matter of fact, Sometimes when you get to discuss and race, I just get tired of it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just wish, you know, some days I just want to wake up, just do me.
Speaker 8: You know, I got what the skin tone is, I got that, But I just want to wake up some days and just going by my business and do me. I don't want to have to deal with it somebody. I get tired of talking about the issues. Ain't gonna make them go away, But sometimes I get tired. So to day, I'm talking to brothers, all the brothers of the male species. I'm talking about men today. Man, if you ain't doing it all, if you're feel an empty man, start today completing your process and your journey. And you know what I'm saying by that, if there's a part of you just missing as a man, and now, man, I'm talking to you. So you know, some ladies listening, but you know what I'm talking about. It's some part of you that's missing as a man if you ain't really been in touch with your kids like you're supposed to now for whatever the reason is. And please know, I do understand how sometimes women can use children as pawns. It happens all the time. I've been through it. I've been through it, man, I know what it feels like, man to wanna do something. But because you ain't got this, or you ain't doing this, then I ain't gonna let you have this. You gotta fight through, fellas, you got to fight through. You got to fulfill your end of the deal. And I got how difficult they making it. I got how man, it's gonna come with some drama, but you gotta fight through it, because man, we need fathers to be fathers. That's really what we need. If you're a man out there and you are a father of a child, we need you do your job. I'm talking about our community, our situation, us as a people, all of us. We need you to be a father period. Hey man, I ain't coming down on you. I'm just your boy. I'm your man. And I've been in the same predicament, in the same hole myself where I couldn't get to them, where they were use as pawns, where they were told things about me that wasn't even true. I've been through it. You can't see them, you don't come up. Okay, okay, I got all that. You ain't sent this. You ain't okay, Hey got all that. If you can call them sometimes, tell them you thinking about them, tell them you love them. If you can get a letter to them, if you can get a message to your children through one of your relatives, start the process today.
Speaker 2: Be a father. It's your job now.
Speaker 8: Because you ignoring him, or you acting like they ain't over there, or you toe backed them out of your mind because the situation got too difficult.
Speaker 2: I got that.
Speaker 8: I got that, But you got to step up and be fathers. You got to write a letter. You gotta send the money. If she talking about it. If you don't send all the money, you ain't gonna see Send what you got if she if taking it over there is too much drama, send it through a relative, give it to a mama, give it to a sister, ask her to take it over there and do something for the baby. Because okay, okay, you can't deal with the drama. I got that, and I know it's much to pay when you have to deal with that, because I clearly I know hell have no fury like a woman's going. Please know. I know that, Please know. And that's a real statement. That ain't no saying, Steve got That's that's the truth. But do what you gotta do. Sometimes you have to apologize. Sometimes an apology goes a long way to your children. Just say look, because I've made this apology before. Hey man, look I'm sorry. I wasn't there for you. I was out grinding and hustling and I wasn't paying attention to you and I should have been. And I apologize now. I imagine, man, there's days where you was telling people I was your father up at the school and they wasn't believing you. I apologize for sending you through that. But now, ma'am, I tell you what. I made some mistakes and I got it together. I want me and you to move forward as father and son. I want me and you to move forward as father and daughter. I want to be in your life now. I ain't got a lot, but guess what, I know a lot because if you a man and you a father, please know, you know something that child don't know. You have information. You have experience. That's all they need sometimes to have somebody to talk to. That daughter yours just needs to know from her daddy, how should a man treat me?
Speaker 2: Dad? What should I look for in a man?
Speaker 8: See, they'll take that information from you because they know it's come from the right place. And then you know that your son needs you because you know how difficult it is if you're trying to be a man without your daddy. You already know how funky that is, right there. So come on, man and meet your mistakes and move forward. Call your kids, write a letter, get a phone number on them, send a text, drop a message, send a note up to the school.
Speaker 2: Do something. Man. If those of us that.
Speaker 8: Are fathers would just be fathers, I could shut the minering camp down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: I will say, I apologize because I don't want you to think I'm coming down on you. But I've been through this myself. I ain't really coming down. I'm just reminding you this is our job. These are our children, this is our responsibility. We are men. There is no excuses. You don't get you don't get cut a brake on that one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, You.
Speaker 8: Show ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, all of you prestians that have walked away from the glorious joys of meat.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: I have tried each in every last one of those that have that has been benefits. But I have found in my personal experience the benefit of eating meat far our ways the benefits of eating plants, even though I would not want to live my life without plants. This is a compliment to you and a backhand at the same time. Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Whoever you are. We welcome all faiths, cultures, religions, racists and every day ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Let's get it on. It starts with gratitude show.
Speaker 8: Hope you told him you was grateful this morning because it was only him.
Speaker 2: Your alarm clock didn't wake you up. It was him. Oh lim clock went off, but he shook you and woke you up.
Speaker 8: So you could answer a lot of clocks going off today and will not the button on get pushed.
Speaker 2: You wasn't one of them.
Speaker 8: You here today, Get your attitude up, Get your altitude though, get your gratitude though. Those three tools affected on another Ladies and Gentlemen, Sharlie Strawberry called for real Mississippi Monika Junior, who was out walking and I mean the legend that he is. Nephew town. Oh you here, I ain't see you ain't on the zoom. Sorry about that about you was outside walking? Junior exercises every morning before he come on the show. Say you had to wait on him sometime to get through walking and now he here.
Speaker 2: Now, well, Junior says, you here, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Got your hat on backwards today?
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't none of them.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm trying to be a better husband. I'm just I'm trying to work on you know.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be to your guys, so come on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well well you know, well, well, you know, at day two eighty five, I think I'm doing good. I don't know, but you know, everybody mad me because I had to walk her out at the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I got to do this.
Speaker 9: Mad Well, I'm just saying, you know, oh, you gotta walk out at the house. Yeah, when she said go to the call, come talk to me, I have to go there because I gotta to do this today.
Speaker 8: I got you that's what you're supposed to do. I'm supposed to walk.
Speaker 1: I just want to make show with this radio show.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: She takes precedence over everything in your life. She's your number one ride or die.
Speaker 1: But do this makes sense to do this today? Okay, I gotta do some stuff today.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on, let me just say I don't do it and then see how much may come home.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're supposed to answer that phone too.
Speaker 9: It's a lot of this morning. I'm sorry, it's a lot of pressure. I'll be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, what's on the to do list? Anything you can quickly.
Speaker 1: Tell Michaels, Michaels, Michael, Michael store, the store, the craft store. I don't know why I'm going, but she told me why.
Speaker 8: I bet you better go down there and bring all that glue and glitter back to the house.
Speaker 1: I bet I better be there.
Speaker 8: You'll go, Michael, I'll get no damn blue and no glitter. I'll tell you that right now. All right, to do this.
Speaker 1: We'll be here all morning, coming up.
Speaker 10: At thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: It is time now to run that prank back with a nephew.
Speaker 1: What you got for his nep This is the cake, Lady cat Dog, if you.
Speaker 13: Would cake, this is Bob. What kind of cakes do y'all make at this place?
Speaker 14: Well, certainly make all occasion cakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, wedding cakes, pretty much whatever you need. What you're looking for.
Speaker 13: Do y'all be making adult cakes?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, for you adult cakes, you know, bachelored parties and you know wedding Well, what exactly are you looking for?
Speaker 7: Sir? No?
Speaker 13: No, No, The problem is is this right here. I ordered a cake from you all on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 13: They were supposed to be delivered to my daughter's school on Tuesday, and you know she and junior high school, thirteen years old. The cake was supposed to have Handah Montana on it and it was supposed to say happy birthday. Now the cake get delivered over there today and I can't for the life we believe that this has happened. We in her classroom, all the class majors in there, some teachers in there, the principal that came down we finish, have cake and ice cream for the kids. But when they owe them up the cake, it's a man's private part on the cake.
Speaker 14: What oh no, sir, No, suh no, suh no something. No, we have never made ams like that.
Speaker 13: Y'all made that mistake that I've been calling this place all damn day. Y'all done made this damn mistake, and somebody gonna pay for this. I got, I got thirteen year old kid.
Speaker 14: No, you're gonna have to lower it down now, okay, because we can't get nothing settled if you yelling and I can't hear you.
Speaker 13: Okay, I need a lord that you should have lord that private part off that cake. That's what sir? Sir?
Speaker 14: What is your name?
Speaker 13: My name is Trevor.
Speaker 14: And now where was the cake supposed to be going?
Speaker 13: Middle school?
Speaker 14: Middle school? Now? Where was it delivered to?
Speaker 13: I just don't see them stairs there right there? You can't remember. That's how y'all made the damn mistake. Sir.
Speaker 14: Please just answer the question so we can get this settled. Sir.
Speaker 13: No, what is the owner there?
Speaker 14: Excuse me? I am the owner. My name is Barbaras. Now if you give me the information, I'll try to make this thing right because it couldn't have been my company? Are you absolutely sure, sir?
Speaker 13: I'm positive y'all is the ones that delivered the damn cake. Listen, I got all these thirteen year old kids in. They're traumatized and.
Speaker 14: Just okay, look sir, but I need to calm down just for a minute. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 13: Wait, you want me to calm down? You should have took that private.
Speaker 14: Part down off then I can understand. But I don't think it was my company, okay, because we've never made a mistake like that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 14: We're very careful with that kind of stuff in a certain hold on one that come there? Do you know anything about a cake delivery at Hanah Montana? Cake going to middle school today? Uh?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 14: Did y'all make any deliveries? Okay, thanks, sir. I just talked to my driver and he's been with me about eight years, sir, and we never had a problem like this. He's never delivered a cake over there, sir. Are you sure it was my.
Speaker 13: Con damn show this place, lady. It's this for your drive alone.
Speaker 14: You know, you know mistakes can be made, but I can.
Speaker 13: Make mistakes like that. You got a man's private part in front of a bunch of thirteen year old kids out of tune.
Speaker 14: I can understand I would be upset too. I have children too, so I can understand what you're trying to say.
Speaker 3: Said.
Speaker 14: What I'm trying to tell you is this is not my company you're talking about. We wouldn't have done anything like that. I've been in business for thirteen years.
Speaker 13: What is your name?
Speaker 14: My name is Barbara.
Speaker 13: Okay, so you're the one behind all of this on this damn cake supposed to behind on Montana and wind up being a man's private party on the cake.
Speaker 14: So come on, I'm just to stop and think about it. My school and a duck cake to a school. Now, I understand you upset to say what.
Speaker 13: Has happened at my daughter's school?
Speaker 14: And I apologize for it, sir, But I don't believe that you ordered the cake from my company. Okay. As a matter of fact, we make cakes on Friday, sir. Wasn't no cake delivered today?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 14: Is a Tuesday?
Speaker 13: And what the hell I mean it's a Ain't nobody eating cake on Toesday?
Speaker 14: Sir? I have told you that that couldn't have happened here at my company.
Speaker 13: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 14: Okay, now, I'll be happy to make a cake for you, sir, and to send it to your daughter. But sir, it wasn't my company.
Speaker 7: I don't want no more damn case.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you what I'm finished to do.
Speaker 7: Lady.
Speaker 13: I'm finna call my lawyer. I'm finna get with the police, and I'm coming over there to shut that down. You won't sell a copcake when I get through with you, all, sir? You know what?
Speaker 14: Then you don't go to fun. Let me tell you something. This is my business that I haven't worked for thirteen years to bill. You ain't finna come.
Speaker 13: Up here doing I'm finna shut that.
Speaker 14: Damn you come off Your mammy won't even know who you are. You need to get off my phone with this. That's something, isn't it in the first place? Sir? I dare you call me with that? And what the is your name?
Speaker 13: I already told you my name is treuvor what.
Speaker 14: Never bring your it's up here and I got something for you. Bring your and the police. Do you think I'm gonna let some go bla You come jeopardize my business. I've been a business too low. I know what I'm doing now. I don't know who you call, but it will show not my company. Do you understand me?
Speaker 13: I understand everything you saying, and I understand when I get over there, I'm gonna shut it down. Me and the police.
Speaker 14: Won't come out here and get your step down. And you're gonna have a daughter. I'm crying over her now that I'm telling you whatn't my company? Now, get off my clone, you me.
Speaker 13: I got one more thing I need to say that a lady it's.
Speaker 14: Saying to tell me talking about shutting down my company.
Speaker 13: Yes, I got one more thing.
Speaker 14: If you listening to me, I ain't listening what you got to say to me.
Speaker 13: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your girlfriends. Oh my god.
Speaker 14: Oh oh yes, I gotta get off this phone. Oh my god, I'm a killer. I'm anna killer. Hello, Oh my god, oh my god, please kill me. I'm not on the radio.
Speaker 13: Gee, you ain't on the I don't know, but you're gonna be on there in the morning.
Speaker 14: Oh lord, No, no, my preaching. Everybody else gonna be on it. Oh my god, I'm gonna kill it. I'm gonna kill it. I'm gonna get me a cake and go hard. Job up. Oh lord, I'm gonna get somebody stop playing like that. You know, she's gonna have to look out every day. She ain't gonna never where it's coming from. I'm gonna be like the thief in the.
Speaker 13: Night on her. I gotta ask you one more thing. What is the baddest radio show in the last Thieve? Heart and Morning Show?
Speaker 1: Okay with your case, lady self, tell them come on, Dirty Red, Tell him.
Speaker 10: All right, Dirty Red thinking if you're coming up next Cities, ask the clo or chief Love officers, you're listening.
Speaker 12: Hardy Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: And entertainment news Tina Knowles squash the fake beef between Janet and Beyonce by admitting she just made a mistake on Instagram. Okay, And our favorite sports analyst Stephen A. Smith said he'd eat Trump alive in a debate. Finally, the Richard Pryor biopic is in the works and we'll be released as a TV series. We'll talk about all of that is coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. This one's from Rose and Manchester. Rose writes, my husband has a pot belly and he has the nerve to talk about mine. He said I need to hit the gym, and I said he needs a tummy tuck. He said I was mean for saying that. Why is it a double standard with weight?
Speaker 1: Men can be fat, but we can't. Well, hold on, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 8: Your husband got a pot belly? Why y'all wrote this is show about that book? Okay, well guess guess I'm supposed to know what that's about.
Speaker 7: So I.
Speaker 8: Be damn asked thieve about the pot belly. He already know, right hill, Yeah, let's see what Steve say about his Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 8: Men do use double stating now, but he has a pot belly, and he complains about your pot belly. Your pot belly can be explained. You can always use your traditional baby wait yes, baby wait, yeah, I know wonder who are using that?
Speaker 2: They baby party?
Speaker 8: Now I know a woman who's been saying this baby waits and the baby party.
Speaker 2: So I've seen that.
Speaker 8: Now I can't say nothing because I ain't never had one now here is what the scary part for him is he got a pot belly.
Speaker 2: He looked like he and his first.
Speaker 8: Trimester and there will be no baby, right, So you know you gotta you gotta understand that part too.
Speaker 2: I don't really know why men do that today.
Speaker 10: Women, Ye know that's not nice insecurity.
Speaker 1: Well you know, yeah, jealousy.
Speaker 2: Well this I heard.
Speaker 8: I heard a great argument between the hairdresser and her husband one time. She was over here with Marjorie's hair, and I heard that she had cut her hair off short like Shirley. Shirley had cut cut a Shirley collar hair and you know, they was over there talking about how nice it was.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 8: Her husband, who was overweight, he told her he didn't like her new hairstyles short. He liked long hair. She looked at him and said, well, I like muscles. So we were each other. Yeah, you know, so you know, I understand what you like and all of that there, and that's just find it there.
Speaker 2: But I like muscles, so you might want to use that one on you.
Speaker 12: He's gonna just get mad at him.
Speaker 2: Well he be mean, yeah, Well he still got stumble all right.
Speaker 10: Moving on, to Alexandra in Greensboro. Alexander writes, my husband cheated on me when we first got married and we worked things out. His side piece is still on social media making videos and calling me names. Four years later, my husband advised me to ignore her.
Speaker 1: Why won't she go away?
Speaker 8: Well, now, once again, I guess y'all coming to me, because who would know more about social.
Speaker 2: Media than me?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: Here I am again. Yeah, I'm a professional at this one right here. I'm professionally at both of pot bellies and of social media.
Speaker 2: So I would say, your husband is right. Ignore her.
Speaker 8: People on social media only have power over you if you give it to her. She could talk about you for four years. You still got to your man. Y'all still married?
Speaker 1: She just mad?
Speaker 8: Hell, have no fury like a woman's scoring. That's a true statement. I used to I thought it was a scripture. I just found out about five six years ago that that wasn't a scripture. I thought it was difficult, Okay, it's it's true as hell, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is true.
Speaker 8: Facts you know, like two plus two ain't in the Bible. But if it was, Dad would make sense with it.
Speaker 1: Because it is this morning.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 8: All right, because I'm had no sleep. I've been up since yesterday.
Speaker 15: Oh that's what it is, okayposed to be tomorrow, but I'm doing blood work today and I'm hungry as hell because I've been fasted since last night.
Speaker 10: All right, here we since well, all right, this one's from Marquees and Tuskegee.
Speaker 12: Marquez says, my wife Fies gently.
Speaker 10: Used designer items on a on a resale website. For Christmas, she bought a pair of Christian Lubitan sneakers for me. They are in great condition, but I don't want used shoes. Can I sell them and give her the money back?
Speaker 2: I don't understand. Can you sell them and give her the money back? Yeah? Well, whose shift is?
Speaker 1: It's his gifts. She gave it to him, but he doesn't want to care for you, so you don't have to get the money back. It is what you're saying, because it's just it was a gift.
Speaker 16: Yeah you keep Oh well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Them.
Speaker 2: I'm with her. I don't wear use I don't I'm.
Speaker 8: Not doing it with him. Yeah, yeah, I'm not. You slightly used shoes? Give mean somebody had they toes down in your shoes?
Speaker 17: I did it I did it in December. You got in December. I had to wear tux for my daughter's deputante ball and it and it had to come from Men's warehouse and those all you know, the shoes, the oh, if you'd have seen me by I had it, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Everybody want to really, Yeah, I'm not fitting on.
Speaker 1: It looks nice. I was there, Tommy, you look good.
Speaker 17: That's how I looked. But how did I feel though? How did I feel?
Speaker 1: You were going that night? I kept talking about the tuxedough.
Speaker 2: Somebody had where yours was.
Speaker 1: Just exactly do that anymore?
Speaker 8: Yeah, when you were zipped your past, somebody else had already.
Speaker 2: You're not trying to be fair.
Speaker 1: Too far? I said, far?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Last one move on?
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: This was from DESI and the d m V.
Speaker 10: Des says, my husband loves reality shows, loves reality shows, and I don't. He often tells me that he likes someone's hair or an outfit a lady had on. I've told him to keep it to himself. I don't want to hear it. He'd be hurt if I tell him how I feel about Lebron.
Speaker 1: Should I do it?
Speaker 8: Don't do that, lady, because you got a chance of looking like one of them house black. He ain't got a shot in hell. No, don't do that. Put that ture in that bro like that, donder that under that. He ain't got nowhere he can go make ninety two thousand the game. None of that gone gone with all that. Don't do that to the man.
Speaker 1: Don't do him like that.
Speaker 12: She'll crush him.
Speaker 10: Well, she's She told him she didn't want to hear it, and he kept He keeps telling her, so hopefully she won't do it.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, No, don't do that to him.
Speaker 10: All right, coming up, we'll have some entertainment news for a you right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 10: So, Janet Jackson's fans created a short lived beef between Beyonce and Janet Jackson. It was all because Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles, liked an Instagram post that batched Janet, saying her concert tickets were more expensive than Beyonce. After Tina's realized what she had done, she posted a video to explain herself. Tina let everyone know that there is no beef. She simply made a mistake and.
Speaker 1: Liked the post.
Speaker 12: By accident.
Speaker 1: We've all done that. Take a listen.
Speaker 18: Being on the other side of that, I know better than anyone what a great production cost. And I would never criticize another artist, let alone Janet Jackson.
Speaker 1: Who is the queen of productions.
Speaker 18: What I am guilty of is going through when I'm in a big hurry and I don't have time to really read and liking things because I trust that these are people that I follow.
Speaker 1: That was a big mistake.
Speaker 3: Never do that again. All right?
Speaker 11: To scroll?
Speaker 8: You know how you be scrolling and I don't slowly? You tap it again? I put hard on stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, all right? Moving on, Steve to our buddy stephen A. Smith, the great debater when it comes to sports. Right, we can all agree on that, But the question is can he handle Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: In a heated debate.
Speaker 10: In a recent interview with Howard Stern, stephen A said, quote, I'd eat him alive. I'd eat Trump alive. I wouldn't run for the presidency, but I'd debate Trump any day of the week, named the time and the place I'd show up.
Speaker 1: Unquote.
Speaker 10: Stephen A said he has no desire to run for office, but he's fully confident in his ability to outclass Donald Trump. He also revealed that he's not aligned with the Democratic Party or the Republican Party. He's a registered independent and he is unimpressed by Trump and President Biden.
Speaker 12: Right now.
Speaker 1: Mum, hm, that's Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 17: I can see Stephen A debating though. I can see him doing that.
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 17: Oh you're quite frankly, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 12: Here's some moving on to this. No comment on no comment on that, Steve, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, but you can beat him debate.
Speaker 17: And okay, four words, very what are they going to debate about?
Speaker 1: Though? Politics? I mean, that's the only thing you can't.
Speaker 8: You can't debate against Donald Trump with politics because he.
Speaker 2: Don't he don't talk well.
Speaker 8: Insults and he don't know no, no, no, no nothing. He goes on file, he's gonna end up talking about he gonna end up saying something personal about Steven.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 8: Insults and then and then it's then to hold debate on go black, all right.
Speaker 1: Some great news.
Speaker 10: Director Kenya Burris opened up about the Richard Pryor biopic that's currently in development. Bearris described it as a ten part biographical series that spans the life of Richard Pryor from the cradle to the grave. Bears added that the television series is in early stages of production, so decisions about casting have not been fiolized finalized. We remember a while back Mike Epps said he wanted the part, So we will see if he gets the role or not, and see if I gotta ask you.
Speaker 17: Would be good for it. Tommy, I don't know. I've never Pride did himself. When he didn't when he played himself, that just that did it for me.
Speaker 1: When he did Joe Jo Jojo dances that once once an.
Speaker 17: Artist does himself, I don't really seem that nobody else can do. You're gonna top the person that did himself. I mean, it's just it's impossible.
Speaker 1: You should do old, the older Richard Prior, Steve.
Speaker 8: You look like which one you're talking about? The dead one? How because we have to be here what I'm Richard Pride Heaven. I'm sorry, Richard Pride meets Jesus is Gold.
Speaker 2: I'm just realis you know.
Speaker 8: I've been really kind of looking at this h just this morning because I feel like I gotta I'm gonna share something with y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you can't talk on your own show, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Hell no, i've been I ain't been able to do that.
Speaker 12: You haven't been able to say exactly what's.
Speaker 1: On your mind, what you really want to this show? Yes, that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 2: We still alone, ain't we?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: Okay, wait a minute, you wait a minute, Hold up, wait a minute. Y'all think that I've been sitting over here being able to say exactly what I wanted to say?
Speaker 16: Well, no, we know you everything, not on every topic, but this the Richer Prior movie.
Speaker 10: You've edited yourself. You've censored yourself. We've censored you because we.
Speaker 2: Know y'all have censored me.
Speaker 1: Way bold anapsis, Oh yeah, we know. I thought and will never stop, will never stop.
Speaker 2: The Richer Pride movie. I think should go to Mike EPs.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, I think that's a great call too.
Speaker 17: Gonna take some work now you're playing a legend man. Let's go take some.
Speaker 16: Work and they can age him and all that to my kIPS.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, no one else comes to mind.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not that we'ld know how to do comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm not sure that a comedic actor could could do a comedian I don't know. There are some cats out there as dynamite actors that could do it. I just don't know who they are, and I could look at them and think it's Richard Bryan.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, all right, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, the writer's strike is over, so it's time for you to get.
Speaker 12: Back to filming, Steve. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Okay, So Steve, you're back to filming Family Feud on Monday, and there's got to be a lot that goes into get and prepared for the camera.
Speaker 1: We know you've lost weight.
Speaker 12: You're looking good now, really good.
Speaker 10: Now you know your stomach fla got what sixteen percent body fat or something you told us lately.
Speaker 2: All the body fat you got, man, sixteen point seven?
Speaker 1: Ohay see there see.
Speaker 8: There any more questions? Got that body fact you've got?
Speaker 1: Now see that head right, little undertone had a little hated it ain't like that tone, no, it did you know?
Speaker 8: You know, you know, because you weren't even looking at the screen when you say he looked at I'm a battery fract you've gotten.
Speaker 10: Now because you haven't told us, you haven't updated it something.
Speaker 8: I well, I ain't been really doing nothing over the past few weeks. I've been I just started back to working out yesterday. It's my third day back. This jet lag is real. I've been up since two thirty, just.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 8: I went out there and cleaned out my little golf clause that I got, you know, straighten out some golf clothes because I had to give in some stuff.
Speaker 12: I've never heard you say that in my life.
Speaker 16: No, you were up, you cleaned out your closet clean.
Speaker 1: In the morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, wasn't nobody here. I couldn't point them up by closet. Is you no better work?
Speaker 1: He was doing the more, saying my ass off.
Speaker 8: And so then you know, and then I had to give my blood this morning, so I had to fast. I couldn't have no coffee, I couldn't have no fruit. And you know, I've been up since. But I fell asleep like at five thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Then I got up again at eight.
Speaker 8: Then I fell asleep at eleven, and then I was up at one thirty and I went laid back down.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Now I've been up since two thirty, so just walking around you can't have no coffee and came out and then eat and I got a lot of refrigerators every time I walked past up.
Speaker 2: I'm hume.
Speaker 10: Okay, So back to your family feud. So you're filming, like we said, you start, you'll start on Monday.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna wear? What can we expect this season? Because you know how.
Speaker 8: Been over here we talking about we got a couple of different things we're gonna do this week. Your fashion wise because you know people that stole my stole seven looks we do so you know, since it's stilling has been a big subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you steal? You want?
Speaker 10: But you're always gonna be blue cheese, Steve, You'll always be blue ches.
Speaker 8: It ain't ain't no doubt about that. I don't care what nobody says. And I got do I do want to go ahead, Tom, I'm asking about fashion. Is the built in belt? Is that back?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 17: Where the belt comes with the pants, it's the same as the.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, when you shop at children's stores, yes, the belt always comes with the pants. But at adult stores they haven't done that yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 17: No, I've been seeing the belt. Oh that answer serious question? And he did a joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold up.
Speaker 8: Then i'll see where we're at, hold shopping where the belt come with the pants.
Speaker 1: Right up to Then.
Speaker 11: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 12: He's here on this Friday.
Speaker 1: We're going on everybody, Shirley, what happened with you show?
Speaker 3: The little college?
Speaker 17: It was?
Speaker 1: It was a Junco my hero boy.
Speaker 8: Man time of town, going over with your baby. I'm good man, you know, I know Steve, you your fooling around. But I've seen the new pads out. They got a build on them. I see you see them, I said, the only way I raising I'll.
Speaker 2: See my dad.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 8: You ain't trying to do that now, trying to make it. But they got a bill combing pair of pant to high. Hello, who do take it?
Speaker 1: Take that sign up?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 2: I don't fool with them. You know, my sisters make all my clue. I ain't even gonna right, lucky you, but you got any more to call it?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 2: Oh you ready?
Speaker 16: All right, Roscoe, this is what we're gonna do this morning. It is all about Detroit.
Speaker 2: This Detroit.
Speaker 8: The damn line many Detroit lineing man right, get shuper Bowl? What I ain't going to the super Bowl. I'm going to Detroit. I don't watch the game in Detroit. Baby ain't gonna be way going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Detroit.
Speaker 16: Okay, so we're doing all artists from Detroit and plus motown.
Speaker 13: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's go a sb CT.
Speaker 1: Come find out what me to me?
Speaker 2: Oh, he has me the c T. Come on to call me?
Speaker 3: How come on?
Speaker 1: Lyrics kill me?
Speaker 2: That's greater, that's great performer ever come out of Detroit.
Speaker 1: Hair down.
Speaker 2: You even't got one about it?
Speaker 7: Lyrics?
Speaker 2: Greater?
Speaker 8: Hold? I know, I know, but will you ain't questioned me by no lyrics? I just asked what I was really asking Carlor was one of those the lyrics? No, no, no, you ain't got to air call it my sai.
Speaker 1: Okay, well Rosco, are those the lyrics? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do E S P E C T fail to you ristect? Okay?
Speaker 8: And then what I said, so what did the question for the next I wrap them up in the boat right quick. You don't come from me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's call for me.
Speaker 8: You need a gun dog tas siring police squad.
Speaker 2: You need everybody, don't on form me by.
Speaker 1: Yourself, just as by Stevie wonder as around.
Speaker 2: The Sun there, No, she's evolving.
Speaker 8: Uhhh, the seasons know exactly when they change. Everything like as as was one of the greatest love songs ever.
Speaker 2: Written of all time.
Speaker 10: A se No.
Speaker 8: See when I wrote it it had two s Steve changed it to one earth w I wrote the song it has had two ESSs on it. Listen to the word as around the sun. The Earth knows she revolved. Yeah, you see that shape right there.
Speaker 1: Yes, we know the shape of the Earth, the planet.
Speaker 2: No, no, what is shape like it as caesars know exactly when you change.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: All your joy and paint.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead, commodorees, this motown. Give me some zoom.
Speaker 8: Maybe just a foodless dreamer, But I don't care, because I know my hapenness is waiting for me.
Speaker 1: From where I'm searching for that sever lining from.
Speaker 2: Rises that I never see.
Speaker 1: What like to take just the moment, dream my dreams, by.
Speaker 11: Dream my dream.
Speaker 3: Look at you.
Speaker 1: Rosco? Whoazu? All right?
Speaker 10: Prank call come up, you're listening hard Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is, am I dating Cinderella?
Speaker 1: It's not what you think now, what you think at all?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 10: We'll get into that in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 17: We're gonna go to uh deep in the archives. Paper clips? Paper clips sound pretty simple?
Speaker 1: Yes, it does.
Speaker 17: Watch me work though, Watch me work now, cat dog, give you would paper clips.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to reach for veronic cook she I have ironic you're doing. My name is Phil I'm from CORP. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Im good?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 19: How can I help you today?
Speaker 7: You were with the company here see you just left about what six months ago?
Speaker 15: That's correct?
Speaker 7: Okay? And you left with a severance? Am I right?
Speaker 14: That's right?
Speaker 19: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Who must be going with Philip? My name is Philip, Philip. I'm actually calling on some security questions and wanted to reach out to you. Now you you own your own travel agency, now that's correct, okay. Now you actually left with a severance when you when you left the company, is that right?
Speaker 14: That's right?
Speaker 7: Okay? And how long were you actually with I was here for eight years.
Speaker 19: I'm sorry who I'm thinking to again.
Speaker 7: My name is Philip. I'm with security and what can I do for you?
Speaker 2: Philip?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, we got we have you. You started this business?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 7: Did you started before you left?
Speaker 1: Philip?
Speaker 19: I started the stigma after I left there.
Speaker 7: You started it after you left there, that's correct, one month, one month after you left there. Okay, So the reason why I'm giving you a call, and I've been you know, we've gone through some security tapes and things of that nature. We're missing so many rims of paper, We're missing thousands of paper clips, We're missing so many office supplies, and it's been brought to the securities attention that it's targeting that you are the person that has taken all of this this office. I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: Let me get this right, soil.
Speaker 19: You are calling my place of business, answer me if I have used paper clips and paper I have customers in my establishment right now. I can't talk to you about.
Speaker 7: This, okay, ma'am listen. I know that I'm sorry for calling your place to business, but I want to say that we're at the of the point of actually picking you up behind items that have been taken from the company, so I wanted to call and see if we could get it taken care of over the phone. Now you got to go. Then I'm going to have to actually come out to your business, and that's something that I'm trying not to do.
Speaker 19: You know what, Hold on a second, you hold up on Who is this on my phone talking about the damn paper clips. I have been going from there for six months and you calling me now by some.
Speaker 7: Paper and some what paper clips? Man? We're missing at least five thousand paper clips.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna tell you what you can do this. I have been out of that company for six months. I worked for y'all for eight years, and you all let me go. I didn't take anything from you.
Speaker 7: Okay. Have you ever used any paper or any paper clips outside of have you done that? Of course I use paper every day. I'll run a business, okay, but you're using our paper for your own personal business. You're travel agent or whatever it is that you have, You're using office supplies. That right there is against the laws.
Speaker 19: Oh no, I will go and buy you some damn paper clips.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well we don't want paper clips, man. Now we've given you a severnth play and from my understanding, it's been a substantial amount. And right now it's going to be filing charges and taking you to court over these paper clips and paper.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna tell you what you can do the five thousand paper clips, I'm a paper clip them together and hang you off for by. I ain't steal no damn paper clips. You're gonna call me six months later talking about some paper and paper clips.
Speaker 7: Good, ma'am. I don't want to go back up the book fill up. I'm sorry, this is some fill up. So are you wanting to return all the merchandise because.
Speaker 19: It looks like I needn't take no merchandise. I don't have to steal nothing from y'all. I worked for you for eight years.
Speaker 7: Talking about I told something for eight years. You stole paper, paper clips, you stole off the supplies, scissors, masking tape. You have taken markers, pens.
Speaker 19: We got it down to know what video taps you got, Philip, I ain't steal nothing from y'all. I was employee of the year. You all gave me a seven package out there. You called me six months later. You can take ten paper clips and shove them up your behind.
Speaker 7: Excuse me?
Speaker 19: Are we done here?
Speaker 7: No, we're not done here.
Speaker 19: So take your video tape and your paper clips and your scissors, and you.
Speaker 14: Know what to do with them.
Speaker 7: No, no, I don't, ma'am. Now listen, what we're gonna have to do is you're gonna get served right there at your travel agency. Where are you locating? Jessee?
Speaker 3: So you know what.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna give you my address because you come over here. I got some scissors for your fillup.
Speaker 14: I don't have time for this.
Speaker 19: You want my address, you can come on over here.
Speaker 14: Look it up Google.
Speaker 7: We want our paper clips back, ote.
Speaker 19: Me come get them then, matter of fact, give me your address. Fill if I bring them to you, steal thow damned paper clips. I'm a Christian woman, and you got me on this phone cussing and fighting with you. I'm not faking to a little paper clips. What's your address?
Speaker 14: Silup?
Speaker 7: We're lire sing over five thousand paper clips and we need those.
Speaker 19: Now, what's your address? I'm gonna bring your damn paper and paper clips to you?
Speaker 14: How about that?
Speaker 7: So you are you are guilty of using your paper aren't you?
Speaker 19: We all use paper?
Speaker 8: Fill up?
Speaker 7: I don't heal, which means guess what. It's against the law, which means you something. If you have taken one paper clip, it's against the law. And walk.
Speaker 19: You got pens in your car? Feeling defin corporation?
Speaker 14: I bet you do.
Speaker 7: I work for the company.
Speaker 19: I'm trying to run a business. So you stealing too. Give me your voices number. You calling my damn phone talking about some pens and paper cliffs. He wash your line, Give me your address. I'll bring the pins and paper clips.
Speaker 7: You ain't got to you taking so many pins and so many paper clifs thousands run a business.
Speaker 19: Don't call my phone with it.
Speaker 14: I'm troking about some paper clips.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna stay decision now. I'm gonna go ahead and order come over. I'm ordering the police to come and pick you up, okay, because I'm trying to get the problem taking care of the phone.
Speaker 19: Bring the police and you come with them.
Speaker 14: Come get it.
Speaker 19: I got something for your when you get here and bring them. You're calling me about some paper and paper cliffs. I've been going from there for six months.
Speaker 7: You cleamn You have stolen paper clips from the company, and we want our paper clips back. Bring yo over here.
Speaker 19: You wanna get some damn paper cliffs, and I'm gonna call my man so we can kick yo over here if you want to. You want to address, you want to address the up. Come on, I'm a professional. I'm trying to run a business. I gotta walk away from my customers and get it with some about some pens and paper.
Speaker 7: And paper clips. Because you stole over five thousand pay for your feet and you also you better be ready because you stole some stuff for Tommy and he's been over here Bobby too. Wait a minute, wait, Tommy says you stole a bunch.
Speaker 13: Of his stuff.
Speaker 14: Listen, I don't know nobody.
Speaker 7: You don't know nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. You don't know him?
Speaker 14: What's your name?
Speaker 7: I say, Do you know nephew till Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Do you know him? You?
Speaker 19: You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 7: Your girlfriend Dorothea got me the prank phone call you.
Speaker 19: Ooh, I'm gonna kickut.
Speaker 14: I'm going to get her right now.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna kick her. Calm down.
Speaker 14: You made me step in the back room on you.
Speaker 7: Hey, let me ask you something, baby, What is the baddest, I mean the baddest radio show in the last.
Speaker 19: Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 14: It's on.
Speaker 17: That's it right there. That that that that that that that's it right there. That's stupidity. That is greatest right that. Yeah, paper clips, paper clips?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 17: Uh bring a paper clip tonight, Uh, day Ohio to the Funny Bone. Bring your paper clip in and uh, now you don't getting no free drinking nothing. Just don't bring your paper clip. Just show up tonight.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I changed my mind.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna change my man.
Speaker 17: All right, crazy funny Ball all weekend and Nephew is in Dayton, Ohio tonight and tomorrow night. And uh, stupidity is in the building. It's it's it's the best at it. And laying in the cut is the n y C Winery in New York City. That would be next Saturday, two shows. I believe they sold that. And uh and if you're on the run, I'm going to Greensboro.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 17: That would be February twenty four, twenty five, Greensboro at the Comedy Zone. Take his own seal written now. That would be Greensboro, North Carolina.
Speaker 8: Birthplace of the comedies on Greensboro? Is that where it started?
Speaker 2: That's where the first one was at.
Speaker 8: I didn't know I'm the main guy, the big guy that used to own it. I thought it's the bigger It was ease. There are Charlotte's one of the two. I thought it was Charlotte. But you could be read there.
Speaker 10: All right, Nephew. Coming up next Strawberry Letters. Subject, Am I Dating Cinderella? We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: We could be reading your letter.
Speaker 10: Live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 1: It is Strawberry LETTA thank you, Nephew.
Speaker 10: Subject, Am I Dating Cinderella? Dear Stephen Shirley. When I met my new friend, it was like a fairytale romance. I'm twenty eight and he's thirty five and perfect for me because I prayed for an older man but not too old. He has a photography studio and I booked him for a Christmas photo shoot for me and my daughter. After the photo shoot, he asked me to have dinner with him, so my daughter and I went to dinner with him. After that, he planned dinner dates with us every night that week. I couldn't wait for my daughter to go to her dad's later that week so I could spend quality time with my new friend. He had kept telling me how good he was in bed, and I couldn't wait to see It. Was supposed to go down at his house, but it was raining really badly, so he came over to my house.
Speaker 12: We didn't waste time talking.
Speaker 1: We went straight to bed.
Speaker 10: He had exact exagerated a little bit on his skill levels, but it was still good for an older man. Since the weather was bad, I thought he would spend the night.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 10: He got up around eleven thirty and got dressed quickly, like he was late for work or something. I told him to call me when he got home, but I didn't hear from him until the next day. He said he missed me and he asked if he could see me. I said we could meet for dinner. He said he wanted to pick up food and eat at my house instead. We ate, then we had sex, and then he told me that he needed to be home by midnight. I told him that it was not cute to have sex and run out. He apologized, but said he really had to go. He has done this four times, and I wonder what's so significant about midnight. He told me to chill and learn to live in the moment. What's up with this man? Am I dating Cinderella? No, not Cinderella or Cindefella, none of those. He's just married.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 10: I mean. You're his side piece and he has to do You then make sure he's home before his wife gets in.
Speaker 1: That's his curfew. That's all.
Speaker 10: He's pretty much told you that when he said he had to get home by midnight, Except why didn't you ask him why? Right then and there? Are you afraid to ask him these important questions?
Speaker 1: You need to know this. You can't be scared.
Speaker 10: That's something you definitely need to know because you are clearly not reading between.
Speaker 12: The lines here. Has that not crossed your mind, not even once?
Speaker 10: That he could be married. That's why he's racing home and doing all this stuff. Eating at your house. I mean, the clues are there. You want to go out, he wants food to bring it to the house so he won't get caught being out with you or something. Please ask him these questions so you can get the answers you need and move on with your life.
Speaker 8: Steve, Well, have you ever read a letter in wid because I mean, Shirley answered the letter really adequately, you know what I'm saying. I mean, it's just it's glaringly obvious to everybody that has heard this letter what this situation is.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 8: Some people you have to slow welcome through information because a lot of times you want you want to believe for your heart's sake. And I get it, I get it. You want to believe for your heart's sakes, so you shut your brain off from doing what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And that's like think.
Speaker 8: A person's brain is designed to think, to absorb information to learn. Obviously, you don't want to absorb no information because you don't want to learn the facts here, So there's nothing we can do to help you.
Speaker 2: But here we go.
Speaker 8: I met my new friend. It was like a fairy tale romance. See that's all she wanted. She wants a fairy tale romance.
Speaker 1: See just listen to this.
Speaker 2: Go to y'all.
Speaker 8: I met my new friend. It was like a fairy tale romance. Okay, she's been wanting that since little girl. He's twenty eight and thirty five and perfect for me because I prayed for older man. Okay, so now soon as you meet an older man, you immediately begin your fairy tale romance. Now, if you twenty eight and he thirty five, I don't want to break this two news to you, but that ain't really no older man. That's just another dude. Because women and men mature differently. Women is a known fact.
Speaker 2: This is not me talking. Women mature more quickly and rapidly than men.
Speaker 8: Because they have to, because somewhere in their teenage years, they start experiencing these little girl moments that has to grow them up a little bit quicker. They have to start working around a certain time and all this hit and they have to prepare theirselfs so they mature quicker than boys, and they have to think about what they're doing and what happens, and you know, reproduction and the boys we just done for a long time. So he's got a photography studio. In that studio, you booked it for a Christmas photo shoot, you and your daughter. After the photo shoot, they asked you and your daughter to dinner. They went, and after that he's playing dinner day for us every night that week.
Speaker 2: Ain't that nice? This is a fairy tale room. Miss. He loves you and the baby, so I could.
Speaker 8: I couldn't wait for my daughter to go to her dad's later that week so I could spend some quality time with my new friends.
Speaker 1: And he had been telling me how good he was in bed.
Speaker 2: I could not wait to see.
Speaker 8: It was supposed to go down at his house, but it was raining really bad, so he came over to my house. All right, now, hold up right there, unless he stays in a refrigerator box, I don't really know what that damn rain got to do with it. Now, if you stay under the bridge, you know in your rooalf is a refrigerator box or tarp, then I understand you know you ain't you know? Okay, but I don't know how. But it raining really bad, So we came. We didn't waste no time talking. We went straight to bed. He had exaggerated a little bit on his skill level, but it was still good for older man.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna tell you no more. He's thirty five. That ain't no older man. Don't here noddy for bedroom skills at thirty five.
Speaker 12: Hang on, Steve, coming up for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Still bringing it that when you give a credit.
Speaker 10: Twenty three minutes after the out, we'll have part two of your response today Strawberry letter, subject, am I dating Cinderella? We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Come on, Steve. Let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is, am I dating Cinderella?
Speaker 8: Well, this lady that mectus what she claims as a romance, a fairy tale romance. So what she thene did was she done got with this guy that she met. That he's older than her. He's thirty five, she's twenty eight. He said that she had been praying for an older man. He not really older. Thirty five and twenty eight, that's seven years. That's just another dude you done met. Now, y'all didn't got together.
Speaker 2: Y'all went over.
Speaker 8: You went to a photography studio with your daughter doing a Christmas photo shoot. He took the picture, then me asked y'all to dinner. You and your daughter, y'all went out to dinner, had.
Speaker 2: A nice time.
Speaker 8: Then he's just playing to dinner date for y'all every night that week. Okay, cool, that's worth. Then you couldn't wait for her, your daughter to go to a daddy house. This wee can because so you could spend some quality time with your new friend. And he had been bragging about how good he was in bed. Now, I don't know at what part of the dinner when you and the daughter where he was letting you know how good he was. But I showed would have liked to ben at the table when he was sliding that past. Oh baby, you like the wear your steak done?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really know how to do steak. Huh you feel me?
Speaker 8: He ain't got some baked cookies or when it comes to bacon, that's what I do. I likes to bake that cookie.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm just assuming these is the conversation he had to have at dinner with you and the daughter to let you know how good he was in bed. You couldn't wait, well you got there now, y'all. Was supposed to go down at your house, but it rained real bad, so he had to stay at home. He had we well, it had to he was coming to he was. He was supposed to be at his house, but it rained real bad, so he came over to your house. Now, like I said, unless he stay under the bridge in a refrigerator box.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell they got to do with it. But you didn't see that. It's okay.
Speaker 8: So now then, you said, he exaggerated a little bit how good he was in bed, but it was still good. And uh and and she said, and he was, he said, but it was still good for an older man. Let me explain you posted still be good at thirty five. As a matter of fact, you're starting to come into your own. You don't really get this sex thing down as a man. To you in them forty you got to help, you know, disappointed a couple of people before, you know, you had to have found out that you ain't what all you thought you was a couple of times, you know, to get your game up, you got to be in your forty He was pretty good for an old man at thirty five, lady, If that's what you're thinking, oh, you're in trouble now. If he was setting and you was telling me this, I'd be clapping for the dude. But he thirty five. He posted, still be good.
Speaker 2: You don't get.
Speaker 8: You don't get you're getting no credit for being thirty five, and get still go, that's no good.
Speaker 2: Anyway, He got up, and he.
Speaker 8: Got about eleven thirty, and he got dressed quickly, like he was late for work or something. I told him to call me when he got home, but I ain't hear from him till next day. He said he missed me and asked him he could see me again. I said we could meet for dinner. He said he wanted to pick up the food and eat it my house instead. We ate, then we had sex. Then he told me he needed to be home by midnight. I told him that's not cute to have sex and run out. He apologized, but saying I really got to go. I don't give a damn about what you think is cute. I got to skip my ass to the house.
Speaker 2: He was done.
Speaker 8: He has done this four times, and I wonder what is so significant about midnight. He told me to chill and learn to live in the moment. What's up with this man and my dating a Cinderella? Well, you're not dating a Cinderella. You're not dating a cinder fella. You're dating somebody else's fella. That's all it is. You ain't dating Cinderella. You're dating somebody else's fella. He got to be at that house by twelve because she know what time the studio and he booke his last appointment, and you know how far that appointment is from the house. Why are you sitting up here talking about what's up with this man? Am I dating of Cinderella?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: She's young?
Speaker 8: You you you maybe you don't need no older man. Matter of fact, you twenty eight. You need to start dating a twenty one year old you need That's what you need to do. Once she got up in the thirties, I don't know what man in his thirties and don't don't come with with nothing. What what man don't have a history by the time he's thirties. You need to find out if he got children, if he got a wife, he got a family, he got a livy in lover. You need to find out where his kids stay. You ain't asking no question because you were so content on saying you met your fairy tale roman and he was what you prayed for.
Speaker 2: He was older.
Speaker 8: Just because you pray for something don't mean if God descending it to you. See, you got to ask some questions.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 2: You can always meet the older man.
Speaker 1: Hell, that ain't hard. Why that's hard? You can meet the older man, that's easy.
Speaker 2: But you want an older man that's available for you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You didn't get none of that information, sister, You not.
Speaker 8: You haven't asked one relevant question because you were too busy in join your fairy tale romance. And this older man that you had prayed for, that God send to you. Only thing was God didn't send him to you. You just coincidentally met an older man. Yeah, several women have met that same man.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 10: Leader comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve BARBFM, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter Podcast.
Speaker 12: I have the free iHeartRadio app where free.
Speaker 1: Never sounded so good.
Speaker 12: Now coming up next to this and sports Talk right after.
Speaker 1: This, you're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show, It is time for Junior and sports Talk. Junior, what you got for us?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: Sure, I got to talk to pimpings because it's it's championship Sunday.
Speaker 2: This Sunday.
Speaker 1: I got talked because we got.
Speaker 9: To talking pimp But he gotta make these pigs come here.
Speaker 1: I come here.
Speaker 12: I just.
Speaker 2: I only missed one.
Speaker 9: Game last the way you did week one game, Am damn cheefe.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I just knew that Buffalo Bill had to be tied and lose them. But I guess they looking more and more like Cleveland than me.
Speaker 1: All right, you used to lose once you got Junior. Okay, Pippa, let's talk about it.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 3: Let's let's start with that right there man, the Ravens and the Chief.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Ravens under Chief. You know what, man, I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 8: This is really harm right here, because it is so harm to bet against that Patrick mahonone.
Speaker 1: That boy, right, he two super Bowl already.
Speaker 2: No, he wanted first I ever seen that him.
Speaker 8: Got to go with my boy, Lemar I ain't not when hell, come on, bout Tom.
Speaker 1: You can do an if you.
Speaker 9: Do it, if you try, Come on, Tom, If Lamar Jackson loses this game, does this hurt his legacy?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 8: Now, because you know where he losing to Patrick mahone. When the Fraser lost to Isleid, did it hurt his legacy? Now you got whooped by the greatest.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, pack y'all lose.
Speaker 2: His legacy when he lost to Floyd.
Speaker 1: Hell, now he lost to Floyd.
Speaker 8: You got no where it asked when Kurt flunks. You know what I'm saying, You gotta take you. It's like when they played the Bulls. You know you lost to John. You lost to John?
Speaker 3: What you want?
Speaker 2: What you vot do? You ain't really thought you.
Speaker 1: Were gonna win, did you?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, and I know it's coming from Come.
Speaker 8: On, you know?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, here we go man.
Speaker 9: Forty line is a Lions boy Jerry God for number one pick, and then here we go Rock.
Speaker 1: Purdy the last pick.
Speaker 3: The pick. No, no, no, see.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: Lamar Jackson was the last quarterback selected in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: The last quarterback. He damned there off for two MVPs. Don't nobody care about being last? Come on, man, put it out now. De Detroit Lions all the way, all the hustlers, all the players, all the beautiful people, the businesses in Detroit.
Speaker 2: We just were looking for a win.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We get this win.
Speaker 8: Were going to the Super Bowl. You ain't gonna be able to stand me. Man, I'm gonna win everything out wear. Im gonna be blue. I got a blue rabbit coat.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you.
Speaker 4: And I got some silver alligators under titles and made out a rabbit.
Speaker 7: Paul.
Speaker 1: Let's come out to the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: A wife found out that her husband is catering to another woman and she wants to pop up and introduce herself to the lady. She needs your advice, Steve. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, this one.
Speaker 10: Is from Lenae in Houston. Renee says, I went to Sam's Club and before I could pay for my items, I had to renew our membership. Customer service said it was ninety dollars for the three people on the account. It was supposed to be only my husband and I on the account, but a female was added to our account on November seventeenth. I called my husband and he said it's no big deal. He let his co worker, who's a single mom, use our account. Well, a single mom doesn't need to buy in bulk, so I canceled her card. I told my husband, I want to meet the single mom. He said, I should be ashamed of myself. I have her name and address. So should I pop up and introduce myself to this woman?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I mean, why you going over that? Your deal is with your husband. See, y'all, let me tell what y'all gonna do. Y'all gonna mess around, run up on somebody that don't feel like getting read upon that day?
Speaker 2: True, and and and and get yourself in a real situation.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's let's just say. Let's let's say she is a single mother, m and she going through it. She just just one of them days. Man, she ain't making the ends meet, right, She's struggling. She just overwhelmed. And now here you come. And and she ain't just with it today?
Speaker 5: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: That you done came over to her house. And now guess what.
Speaker 1: When you roll up, remember you can get rolled up. You just have to remember that nice and.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 12: Why would why would he do that? Adding her without telling his wife?
Speaker 1: Why would he do that?
Speaker 2: Was stupid? How you thought your wife wasn't gonna find that? Right? That was dumb like a doknob dog. Why didn't you just get her.
Speaker 1: Her own card?
Speaker 3: Bro, I don't know how much.
Speaker 2: You Sam's cards call one fifty.
Speaker 1: Year maybe or a dog join or something like that.
Speaker 8: Fifty to joint one fifty year, three hundred a year by her her own membership.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: That's how you that's how you be gangster?
Speaker 10: What did you adding her without saying anything? And you know your wife's gonna find out.
Speaker 8: And nigg I took her off. You should be ashamed of yourself. Boy, you know how long that's gonna last at your house. You should be a shame of yourself. You can't tell that to the right to the wrong system. Matter of fact, No, sister, I know none of them on this show. Ignorant, These ignorant ones on this show right here. Well we y'all should be ashamed of yourself. You are yes, you are, yes, you are called, and I'm talking to you.
Speaker 16: None of my husband I put nobody on my Sam. We at least, yeah, we're not doing it.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, you're not putting nobody on the no woman on the Sam's account. If I know about it, I don't give a damn. She stayed across the sheet street and I watched her husband in the front yard.
Speaker 1: Really, why you go so fall.
Speaker 8: On Sam's card for now? You ain't got to buy in balk he gone? Didn't you know what the lady saying? Why is she buying in balk See? This is why you can't do comedy no more because the people on this show.
Speaker 7: I'm.
Speaker 1: We didn't understand it.
Speaker 8: Well, it's it's a hypothetical situation. Ain't nobody across the street? And now you want to help the lady out? Why why she need a Sam car now? Because the biggest eating in the house is gone.
Speaker 1: You know you can't say that.
Speaker 2: And that's what comedy is.
Speaker 8: Comedy is saying something real crazy that somebody might be thinking and too.
Speaker 2: Scared to see it. But now you do that? Now it political correctness? Then killed it. I'm gonna do enough. Go ahead, do the next one, Washington?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 2: Alright?
Speaker 1: We ain't gonna say this song?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, okay, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 10: We have time for another one, Steve. This one's from Florence, Florence in Columbia. Florence says high crew, I'm twenty four years old. Florence is my middle name, and I use it because I don't like my first name. I was named after my grandma, Florence, and she just moved in with us. I never spent a lot of time around this grandma, and she's different from my other grandma. My mom is black and my dad is white. I grew up around my dad's family and they were regular and boring. My grandma Florence is black and she's very honest and direct. So I've done a lot of crying and a lot of laughing since she moved in. I don't think she likes me, so I'm trying to get on her good side. How do I with her personality?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have to do this when we'll come back. You got the black grandma.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 12: We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 10: So Steve, this is from Florence in Columbia. She says, Hi, crew, I'm twenty four. Florence is my middle name. I use it because I don't like my first name. I was named after my grandma, Florence. She just moved in with us. I've never spent a lot of time around this grandma, and she's different from my other grandma. My mom is black and my dad is white. I grew up around my dad's family. They were regular and boring. Grandma Florence is black and she's very honest and direct. So I've done a lot of crying, a lot of laughings since she moved in. I don't think she likes me, and so how do I deal with her personality?
Speaker 8: Well, there is nothing you could do, because old people are not fitting to change. I am a bit curious though, that your name you use Florence because you didn't like the first You like Florence, So I ain't know if you like Florence.
Speaker 2: What is that first name?
Speaker 1: Because Florence is old as hell.
Speaker 8: So you're probably mad at your grandmama because you got named after her. You didn't get named after the white grandmother. Your name would have been Becky, Kary, Tilley An or something like that, because they's two first names when they country. The only reason you picked with with Florence had because you didn't care. You didn't want to be called Kizzie. You didn't want to be called old Badetta, one of them old last names. So I think you should embrace your old grandmother. I tell you right now, because she's talking about the white grandmama. That's what you don't like because you spent a lot of time with them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: If you bet you get over here and eat this far, I send you over there and have to eat with Becky and cook. All she did was running under the tap water. They use seasoning on that side of the family.
Speaker 10: All right, we have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour.
Speaker 2: The ain't get yourself some ko what you want?
Speaker 11: Morning Show.
Speaker 10: It's time now for a rounded. Would you rather would you rather reveal the number of your sexual partners? Or would you rather name your favorite X my favorite?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm gonna get a number. Oh yeah, I'm get a number.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be the ego. Ain't gonna be the right number. You got to get the right number. I was going with my favorite X. Then that was quick.
Speaker 1: You aren't committed.
Speaker 8: My favorite X is gonna be Donna blaand I had a crush on her when I was in the fourth grade. That's the one I'm going with. I'm going to Dona bland in the fourth grade. I will not be saying no, no names, none of that, and I cannot give that number.
Speaker 3: I think we judging you.
Speaker 2: They'll take my ass off family.
Speaker 12: All right, Cold pizza or cold fried chicken? Which one would you rather?
Speaker 3: Cold?
Speaker 1: Pizza? Fried chicken?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cold is the fried chicken?
Speaker 3: Cold?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sold pizza cold fried chicken.
Speaker 17: I'm going with that cold fried chick. That thing got some flavor still in it, flavor lingers in that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I'm linked to chicken. Oh you feel like you linked to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Said linked? Yeah, I feel like passed with chicken.
Speaker 2: Did I do pizza?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you I'm black.
Speaker 8: It don't matter to me, y'all. Ain't never been as hungry as I have before. Both both yes, b O A L.
Speaker 2: I have dropped both of them on the ground and picked it right up, man, like you have them.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: Fifty the pizza Kentucky fried chicken at the park one time you fell on the ground and the ants right on the ants.
Speaker 2: I should laughed, one of them.
Speaker 1: Making up stuff. I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: Give a damn what you believe.
Speaker 1: Chicken on the ground until on top of ants you ate it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was what?
Speaker 1: I just don't believe that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you did it.
Speaker 1: I need to see the video. I need to see the video.
Speaker 2: The video. Then all right, here we got the one thing I'm grateful about.
Speaker 3: That was the studio back then.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, even years was not on film.
Speaker 1: We're so blessed, Yes, yes, we are.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 10: Would you rather fifty thousand dollars a year for a liar's license or fifty thousand dollars a year for three three hall passes?
Speaker 2: Fifty thousand dollars a year for.
Speaker 10: What a liar's license? A license so you could just lie whenever you wanted to. Fifty thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars for three hall passes.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm gonna take the I'm gonna take the license to lie. Yeah, you get the hall passes and lie about.
Speaker 1: Co after well, yeah, I've been abused my license. All right.
Speaker 10: All right, that's today's round and would you rather thanks guys? Coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, our last break of the day, We'll close up the show with the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey Morning Show all right, Steve, here we are on this Friday.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, It's Friday.
Speaker 8: I've thought about something I thought I wanted to share with my audience, because you know, it's something I've realized as I've gotten older. I understand my mission, I've accepted my calling. I am crystal clear about one of the reasons why I'm here. I now fully understand why God made my life have the challenges.
Speaker 2: And setbacks in it that he did.
Speaker 8: So in moments like this, when I'm talking to people, I can offer them some tidbits, some gems, some jewels.
Speaker 2: That I have learned along the way.
Speaker 8: And I think of so many things that I've learned in my past that I never didn't understand at the time.
Speaker 2: But I do not.
Speaker 8: Something my mother used to say to me all the time. My mother used to say, one day, God gonna give you a big house up on the hill. You can't get up on that hill, and don't tell nobody else how to get there. Now, coming from a very poor background, I didn't understand that at a time. And then you know, that was a scripture talking about a house on a hill and something like that with something something I didn't know what she was talking about, don't think my mama, here come another Bible verse.
Speaker 1: Now I got to go to the Bibles still the even figure this one out, and I just never did.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 8: I understand now, and in that I understand my mission, I understand my assignment. I've accepted my calling and here I am. So that's to say to everybody out there who hasn't reached my plateau yet.
Speaker 2: As far as age goes.
Speaker 8: The things you're going through right now is preparing you for what you're going to be and what you're going to have.
Speaker 1: And you've got to understand this process.
Speaker 2: I didn't always.
Speaker 8: Understand it, but now that I've gone through it and still going through it, at times, I'm sharing with you some things that you need to know about the process that yeah, it's hard for you now, but this too shall pass. Yes it's challenging for you now, but this ain't gonna trouble last always. I'm telling you what I've learned that you're going to get to the other side of it eventually. And sometimes you get to the other side and don't even realize you there, and you just got to stay in the process. The most important thing you have to remember folks in this whole process is don't you ever ever give up? I don't care what happened. Don't you ever give up? I don't care how dark can look for you, how bleak the situation, how charged with punishment the scroll. Don't you ever ever give up? Because I have seen it happen too many times. I have seen people who I know gave up before the light switch got cut on one more strike of the hammer, day to hit oil, one more dig or the shovel.
Speaker 2: And the diamonds would have fell out.
Speaker 8: I have seen people walk away from situations and the very next day the person behind them reaped the benefit. I've seen it over and over and over and over again. I was determined I was not going to be that person. I oftentimes I just asked God for strength. Now you know what God does when you ask for strength, He puts situations in front of you that requires you to be strong.
Speaker 2: Because it's like going to the gym. You can't go in there and get in that gym. What in big boys is that over there? You got to start with some lightweights. You got to work up.
Speaker 8: You can't jump in there and grab the sixties. You gotta start your curls with them twenties. Man, you grab them sixties and start curling, and see what happened. You'll be discouraged. You'll go home. Nah, man, you got to get on that. You got to get them light weights. You got to start building it up. And as you build it up, you get stronger, and you get stronger.
Speaker 2: So you ask God for strength.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he puts situation in front of you that requires you to be strong. You asking God to make you.
Speaker 2: Rich one day. You know what God gonna do. He gonna make you understand what poverty is.
Speaker 8: See, because if you do get rich one day, you're gonna have to have an appreciation for it, because if you don't, people who get rich quick don't have money long because they don't know the process. So as you're asking God to increase your wealth, He's also gonna let you stay in this poverty.
Speaker 2: A little while too.
Speaker 8: I can attest to that as you ask God to bring you closer, which is what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: You know what God gonna do.
Speaker 8: He gonna put you in this situation to make you realize, ain't nobody out there for you but Him, and I ain't got no choice but to be closer to it, because guess what. Can't nobody really help me? I don't have no problems. Well, I can pick up the phone and go, yo, man, I need some help. No anybody finna do that. God keeps me in situations where I have to realize is only Him and no matter where the attack comes from. I am now thoroughly convinced that God got me. I am convinced of it. I wish y'all could just learn it from me. Do you see how I come and get on this radio every day with this same attitude. I don't care what's swirling around me. I have people all the time, Hey man, just checking on you.
Speaker 2: You okay?
Speaker 8: But I'm good. I'm good Man, good good, I really am. Because I am convinced that God is with me. I am convinced that he's not gonna leave me. I am convinced that no weapon for him against me shall prosper. I am convinced that I can walk through the rivers and the waters and will not be overcome. I am convinced of that. I am convinced that he making me lie down in green pastures. I'm convinced of it because He's done it for me time and time again. So why would he not do me again? And if God said he never leave you, he he don't leave you. You going through something don't mean he'd have left you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: Y'all come on now, don't ever give up. That's the number one thing. Don't you ever give up. I don't care what happens. Don't you dah give up?
Speaker 2: All right? Those are my clothes with mom, see y'all or y'all have gray week.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 11: He thinks.
Speaker 2: Where it is no more. I'm suffered from Jedalous.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, VOIDWAAR prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show