Speaker 1: Listen to shut every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breakfast club.
Speaker 3: God, damn it, the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Put that ass up on a breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Brady, I can't say breakfast club without the breathless Club.
Speaker 4: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 3: She got platforms and partners all over the place with this. Your man is so high.
Speaker 1: People want to be in business with the breaks. Fuck. I don't think white people know how popular you guys.
Speaker 3: DJ Envy, Charlemagne, the god.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning, late night talk to yah.
Speaker 1: I know what you're talking about. Yo, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo Charlamagne, the gods to the planet is Friday, Yes, it's Friday, hey yo.
Speaker 1: With my candle light then we took my candle out of here. This garbage is over.
Speaker 6: It's a rap, can't I was done done, done, done, done, done done done. Well, good morning everybody. Hopefully you guys are feeling good. It's a Friday, a weekend is here, and I'm very excited about today. One of the icons and legends from Run, DMCJM Master J will be joining us.
Speaker 1: D MC will be here Hollis Queen's Own.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: The reason I'm excited about this and the reason this means so much is Run DMC was the first first hip hop record that my mom bought for me when I was a kid. I was a child, and you know, my mom bought me a Run DMC record. And I would see Run and I would see DMC, and I would see Jmaster J at Macy's and at the Coliseum and Queens and TSS which.
Speaker 1: Is a store that was like Walmart Target back.
Speaker 6: Then, and I would see them all the time, and I would see them represent in my borough. He Run actually went to my zone school, which was Andrew Jackson, so I would see him all the time.
Speaker 1: So to see the success and how they grew up and how they blew up and how they became so big.
Speaker 6: To get a chance to actually talk to them and running to them and actually talk to him as peers all the time, it's always amazing.
Speaker 1: So I can't wait for this conversation with DMC. Well, you know they got a new documentary.
Speaker 5: Run DMC has a documentary coming on an NBC Peacock called Kings from Queens and the.
Speaker 1: Premis February first, So he's coming up here to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Damn wow about that and a salute to the O G veteran comedian Earthquake. He'll be here this morning as well. Okay, so we got an action packed Friday for you today. That's right, action packed Friday. And I'm gonna tell you something, man. Life is a spoof by Okay. I don't know if Aaron Magruder is the executive producer.
Speaker 3: Of this life.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's Dave Chappelle and Neil Brennan. I don't know if it's Dawayne's brothers. But life is a spoof. And you cannot tell me that God does not have a sense of humor, you know how?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 5: Number one he made me okay, and number two. Every hour on the hour this morning on the Breakfast Club, we're playing a song called Fart. Yes we Are, that's the name of the record, Fart. I don't know if y'all ever seen the movie Idiocracy, but you should. Okay, there's a fantastic film, and it really really really really really shows us exactly where we are in society right now. Okay, okay, all right, when all the young engine here is excited, I see v over there she policies from Ice, Spice, Ice.
Speaker 6: It's called farts, that's right, okay, and then we have front page news next. So let's get into farts.
Speaker 5: Remember I'm I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I can give a damn about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm just telling you that life is a spoof. All right, all right, Well let's get into it right now. Well let's call it. I think you know it's not It's called fart. What is it in the system?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And the systems sticky this is. But it's also called fart and you think you the ish and then prohibay says fart. Let's go. Life is a spoof, man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Executive produced by the Waynas Brothers, Aaron mcgrude, Dave Schappello, Neil Brennan.
Speaker 1: That was fart, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Yes it was.
Speaker 1: That's what we've gotten to. That was fart.
Speaker 5: Drop a fart five spice rad Okay, d you gotta find it.
Speaker 1: He got it there, go.
Speaker 5: Drop a fought for spice, right, alright, Ice spice. Well, let's get into front page news.
Speaker 1: Good morning Test, good morning DJ, and the good morning Charlie. Mane of God, he said, Now let's up to some quick sports.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Yesterday they announced the All Star starters. Lebron made history being the twentieth All Star Games. So salute to Lebron James.
Speaker 5: Drop a bomb for him, not a part thank you. We would, we would, we don't. We have no reason to drop a fart for Lebron James. Just making sure, Okay, salute to Lebron James, twenty twenty years in the league, twentieth All Star Games. I mean for him to be this good, for this long, never seen it before. It was a craz You've never seen it before. Steph wasn't a starter this year. So it was Lebron, Joker, Kevin Durant, Luca and shah M And in the East it was Giannis, Joel Embiid, Jason Tatum, Damian Lillard, and Tyrese HALLI I don't know why Steph Curry is having a great season. I don't know why he didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, Oklahoma City thunder guard Shot was picked over him.
Speaker 5: No superdope, but who do you know it's it's well, you got Luca, you got Kevin Durant, you got Joker, you got Lebron.
Speaker 1: It's tough one, all right, just votes? Yeah, what up, Tess?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: D c B.
Speaker 1: Let's the morn again. Let's jump right into Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Two days after winning New Hampshire GOP presidential primary, Donald Trump returned to a Manhattan federal courthouse. Of The trial centers on Trump's twenty nineteen comments about E.
Speaker 1: G And Carrol.
Speaker 9: That's the writer who won a civil verdict last year over Trump who sexually assaulted her, who claims he sexually assaulted her in the mid nineteen nineties and then he defamed her when she first publicly accused him. So I remember she sued because of what he had said about her. So she is seeking ten million dollars.
Speaker 1: Here is what happened. When he took the stand.
Speaker 10: On the stand for maybe five minutes in total, and before he testified, the judge spent about ten minutes going back and forth with the attorneys over what he would permit the questions to be. It was during that moment, before the jury was in the room, that Donald Trump spoke more than he even did on the stand, and he said audibly out loud, I never met the woman. I do not know who this woman is.
Speaker 2: I was not at the trial.
Speaker 10: I don't know who this woman is. The judge told him to keep his voice down. Once they worked out exactly the questions that his attorney would be allowed to ask him, just three they called the jury in. Trump went up on the stand, stood at the side, raised his hand, said he swore to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing about the truth, and then sat down to give his testimony.
Speaker 9: So let's say it close and argumentsal schedule for Friday morning, which is today. The jury of nine may have the case by lunchtime. They're saying, you know, they can never say when the jury is going to actually come back, but they said, you know, typically juries don't like to go over the weekend having to come back on Monday, so this could be returned pretty quickly to determine, you know, what that settlement amount will be, or will know on Monday, one of the two. But going to President of the United States was I'm saying, yesterday.
Speaker 1: I thought he already had to pay a ten million dollars. Yeah, he did.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 6: He had to pay her ready, but just about because he kept going. So he had to pay the ten million dollars. And then last year he said something else about it, so they took him back for another defamation trial.
Speaker 9: For another defamation trial because he kept talking. Probably will continue to talk after this as well.
Speaker 6: Go back to your will be another definition another defamation. Jesus Christ. All right, that was your ex President Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Thank you, tesz. What we doing next hour?
Speaker 9: Next hour, we're going to talk about New York City is the first to designate social media as toxic, So we're gonna talk about that. We're gonna talk about how some parents are also, you know, saying that TikTok is promoting unrealistic beauty as well. So a little social media conversation and depression and how that's affecting our kids.
Speaker 6: All Right, we'll get it off your chest. Eight undrink I eight five one oh five to one. If you need the vent or something's on your mind, call us up right now again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. That's a new day.
Speaker 3: Is your time to get it off your chest. Way up, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Man or blest, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 3: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Every Hey?
Speaker 1: Travel you been. I ain't heard from you since the Cowboys loss. I've been looking for you.
Speaker 7: Wait, the Cowboys lows.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the Cowboys lawns me neither.
Speaker 1: What is he talking about? Draft?
Speaker 3: I've been looking for you. Know what you talk about.
Speaker 1: Trave You still going to the super Bowl. I'm just asking.
Speaker 6: I just want to just know you was before he was like, I'm going to Super Bowl, Charlamagne, get the sweet.
Speaker 2: So I just want to know, my god, you gotta shut up.
Speaker 1: Your giants didn't even make the playoffs. I'm talking to.
Speaker 7: Trick, like, shut up two weeks ago and let it go.
Speaker 8: Trap.
Speaker 5: Don't let nobody whose team didn't make the playoffs say anything to you, bro.
Speaker 1: So I guess you're not going. I guess you're not going. Are the Giants going to the super Bowl? Are the Giants going?
Speaker 6: We're going to the same place to the Cowboys going because we went to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So you're not going to the playoff exactly, so you're not going on her travel. Good morning, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning. I'm calling to get a shout out to my twin brother. He listens to y'all every single morning. When he locked up.
Speaker 11: He got eighteen years left, but he.
Speaker 7: Wanted to be give him a little shout out. Free my brother twet shot them boys and greens girl, and yeah, give my little brother, give my brother shout out this morning, the.
Speaker 1: Boys in Green's Greensville present. Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: The way you said it's not essential, he was like, shout out to them boys in Greensville.
Speaker 1: They be sending your pictures. Trap Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Travel travel to go a little weekend, instant travel, want to go do a little shoplifting, to do a little weekend, get a little weekend.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 7: I did, And that was cool.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 7: I was ready to get out. I didn't care about.
Speaker 3: Nobody in there.
Speaker 1: Really Okay, yeah that was a yeah.
Speaker 3: So shout out to the boy.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, have a.
Speaker 1: Good day, my brother. I draft all right, Joe, Hello, who's this? It's Tyler from Hey Tyler, get it off your chest, Tyler.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 7: I was just I was just falling to say.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all can't put that Ice Fight song in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Man, that was horrible.
Speaker 1: That's New York City babies wrong. That's New York City's finals right there.
Speaker 7: Man, I know, I know y'all in New York. Man, I ain't South Carolina.
Speaker 8: Was hold on?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you that I'm from South Carolina. Okay, DJ Interviews.
Speaker 3: From New York.
Speaker 1: I'm from the Queens. He rapping for the city all day every day, so they're gonna play Ice Spikes every hour on the hour. Fart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, y y'all can't play that, man, you know, you know it gotta be bad if I'm driving home from work in the rain and I had to call and get that off. Salute the Ice Spice. She's a young woman doing her thing. You know, music gets some objective.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, de fine, de fine, But that that's a man is How old are you? How old are you? Three?
Speaker 11: My man already told me I was old, so that's why I feel that way.
Speaker 1: But I'm old too, so definitely, you know all you do all you simply said. You know it's not for me. You know what I'm saying. I said, some little ice spice. All right, brother, get it off your chest eight.
Speaker 6: Hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to hit this up now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. But this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club A lot.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 11: Pas family? This is Prince Creed from the seven five christ Lovers. Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Man, how do you hear Pa?
Speaker 3: Pa?
Speaker 1: Do it to you brother?
Speaker 11: Happy New Year's listen. I'm excited to say this, man, we got some I think the NFL got it right. Give me to say this. It is five black tech coaching in the NFL. So I think they're starting to realize that you've got to go black and young this five.
Speaker 3: And I'm loving that.
Speaker 11: I'm loving that the NFL, these owners are finally realizing that you need some black coaches in there to coach a league that dominantly ran and controlled and by the black players the athletes.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 11: So here's what I'm asking you, Charlamagne. Since we are Cowboys fans, right, and Jeffy is never going to get it right at all, I'm thinking that we should boycott this year and rock with all on any of the teams with the black coaches, which you think Charlamagne is with me.
Speaker 1: Or what I'm rocking with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I'm rooting for everybody black always. But I could never root for another football team. I just I couldn't.
Speaker 7: But I did.
Speaker 3: I did want.
Speaker 5: I did want Jerry Jones a couple of years ago to hire Eric Eric Vinemy.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I'm not. I'm trying to.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to stick in with my boys. Man. I've been rocking since I was you know, I'm kidding for men. I've been a kid cowboy. But it seemed like we ain't getting it right.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, I'm forty five.
Speaker 11: I can't come this time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm getting this anxiety, being depressed, and my mental health is very important, you know, man.
Speaker 3: Right anyway, look, Charla Mane, look this.
Speaker 11: Fourth annual Mental Wellness Export. I put myself down as a volunteer.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm want to follow up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna be there anyway, man, but I want to be working.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 11: I want to help out, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know the timeline you guys have to get back with people that want to volunteer. But I'm just putting it back in your head. Man, I'm coming up there again, but I want to work.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's gonna be in October, so I'll make sure to tell a good sister, doctor Alfie, to look out for you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: We make sure we get you as a volunteer. Thank you for that too, brother. I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Live without family. Y'all have a blessed today, man, you too.
Speaker 1: All right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. Now when we come back, somebody else has some things to get off a chest, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Somebody. Somebody called in. Somebody called in. They said they want to get some things off their chest.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: Her name is Meghan the Stallion. Oh yeah, yeah, I haven't. I haven't heard the new record because I'm old, you know. So I think the record came out at midnight, so I was I was in good, deep rem sleep by that point.
Speaker 1: I was knocked out. I just had got home.
Speaker 5: I was knocked the f out when I woke up this morning. You know, I like to listen to the nineties R and B.
Speaker 1: Siah J.
Speaker 5: Roberts, the Bishop td TDJ. So I haven't heard the record yet, but she wants to call in to get some things off her chest.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So when we come back, Meghan the Stallion, we'll be checking in and we'll play her record.
Speaker 1: We'll play her new record that she released last night. So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. I'm on Everybody's DJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. No, it's so interesting must that.
Speaker 5: You know, we do a segment every morning called get It Off Your Chests where people get to call in and you know, they can tell us, you know, why they feel blessed, why they're happy, but they can also call an event and get things off their chest. And a young woman who's from Houston, Texas called in this morning. Her name is Megan Making making the STYLLIU. I think, yeah, making this Thue.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the room. Call name or you gossip chatting?
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 6: Spells right right, Ladies and gentlemen, began The Stallion. Good morning, Good morning, Megan. Is it too early for you?
Speaker 1: How are you? First of all?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, First of all, I'm up, but God, Dane.
Speaker 2: You in l A.
Speaker 1: So it's it's three hours beforehand, so it's early early out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm up specifically for.
Speaker 1: Mean. I appreciate that so much.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And you know you put out this record called his could you could you tell us what the name means?
Speaker 4: First of all, Basically, you know when a snake feels like you've been playing and like doing a whole bunch of swam, it's basically telling you to back off, like I hear you, I see you get about me now, basically that's what it means.
Speaker 5: Now, you put out this warning, and you said every time I get mentioned, when of y'all you ask, gets twenty four hours attention.
Speaker 1: I'm finna get this my chest and lay the rest right?
Speaker 4: So is it for usual?
Speaker 5: How do you handle that without giving the negativity light but still speaking up and defending yourself.
Speaker 4: It's for these bitches or these holes and holes are like men or women. Every time one of these mothers making it say your name, they get twenty four hours of attention. Basically, I understand what y'all doing, and I want y'all to get up off me now.
Speaker 1: Actually, she said, you something else, do.
Speaker 4: Something different, use another tactic, this one getting old.
Speaker 1: Actually she said, call y'all. And I think I think the people we should.
Speaker 4: Play roy mother because it's really like a noun that's for men or women.
Speaker 1: True and bites too. I get it.
Speaker 4: It's gender neutral.
Speaker 1: Now I haven't heard the record yet. Are you saying names?
Speaker 4: I'm saying a hit dog on holler, that's it.
Speaker 1: God damn. So it's multiple people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoever feel it?
Speaker 1: Okay, did Lindsey low hands daddy get a shot?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 4: Why Lindsey low Head daddy won't smoke with me? God, dang Liz Daddy. So like I ain't you know if he if he gets astray, he gets a stray.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: I need you to walk away from your phone, Megan, Okay, because you know these be on you for no reason. So just be prepared for all the smoke and all the comments, but just walk away because because.
Speaker 4: They're gonna act like it's unprovoked. You know, I'm gonna take a little nap and I'm gonna wake back up, and I'm gonna see what they have to say.
Speaker 5: Just don't get on Instagram live. Megan let the record set herself block her live.
Speaker 1: Okay if you're.
Speaker 4: Listening social media on my phone, so it'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good good. Let's get into the record right now.
Speaker 6: And you're gonna be seeing this suit and I know you were just calling to say us the record and hopefully you'll come up here and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, absolutely positively.
Speaker 5: We're gonna lay it out for you when you come. Just tell her what you need. We have, we have drinks for you everything. We're gonna have a nice We're gonna make it a nice comments. So we're gonna have a nice kickback.
Speaker 1: When you come.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, man, right, well, let's get into the record right now. It's called hiss. It's making a Stallion and we appreciate you checking in this morning.
Speaker 6: Thank y'all, NV Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club Negative Stallions just checked in.
Speaker 1: She permitted her joint hiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean all is fair and loving rap, like everybody has the right to live there. True, that's my first time here and hearing the record. I just wish she would have named names. That's my only critique. But the reason I think she didn't name name because I think that's just debate. I think she's responding to some things, getting some things off her chest subliminally.
Speaker 1: But that's just an advertising that's like the that's like the jab, the jab.
Speaker 6: But you know what, I love when people do records right and do songs right, because that's what hip hop was built off of, saying I'm the best and I'm this person I'm not.
Speaker 1: I love it when it stays in the music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, instead of running the social media and just getting on live or sending our tweets.
Speaker 1: Put in some bars, Put it in some bars.
Speaker 6: That's what it's about, right, It's supposed to be a play on words and who's better lyrically, right, because that's what it's about, who's the better rapper, that's what they're going at.
Speaker 1: So the fact that she did it in the song I'm excited about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Idea who was dancing on TikTok making all Kelly go viral? I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I'm sure party got some shots in there because I heard a lot of talk about exodus, But I definitely heard Tory Lane get some shots.
Speaker 1: I don't after that, I'm lost, so confused.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go and just shade rooms in the Hollywood unlocks and let y'all younger, just decipher.
Speaker 1: This for me, decipher for you.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, Well, Nicki Minaj responded, already, we'll play that in the next room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what what what did you say about Nicki in that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I gotta break it down. I gotta read.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I got that. I don't know. We got to decipher this. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I gotta I gotta read it. But yeah, she responded, already, we'll get that on in the next hour. And coming up next we got front page News and then DMC from Run. DMC will be joining us this morning. It's a breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj NV Charlemagne the God. We are to breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: What's up test going on? Dj MB charlemagnea god, he said, Let's talk social media this morning. Huh Yeah.
Speaker 9: New York City is the first to designate social media as environmentally toxic. Now, we talked about how toxic social media is when New York said they are going to where they have issued an advisory officially designating it as a toxic place. In response to the danger social media poses to mental health of young people, the city's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene issued an advisory identifying unrestricted access to and use to and the use of social media as a public health hazard. So social media companies are increasingly being blamed for high rates of depression, suicide, and other mental health.
Speaker 4: Issues in youth.
Speaker 9: So they literally put it on the books as a toxic place. And I think you guys will probably agree how.
Speaker 1: Much they spends on that study, because I could have told him that.
Speaker 5: Ten years ago, behalf of whatever they paid. Okay, all right, Which is why I only do Instagram. I don't do Twitter, I don't do Facebook. I don't do tik tak. I don't let my kids use social media TikTok, turt whatever. I don't let my kids use social media at all. Yes, Like dug, social media is one of the most toxic places ever.
Speaker 1: Think about it like this.
Speaker 5: You got all of these miserable people, all of these hurt people, all of these people that are in pain. They get online every day and project that pain onto everybody. You just got collective pain, hurt, and misery being projected on social media, which is strange to me when people go to social media looking for something good. That's not what social media is even designed for, especially nowadays, when you know the algorithm literally caters to the seven deadly sins. I did a whole conversation with this with my man. We did it with Cale Newport. We had him on here.
Speaker 1: He put out a great book called Digital Minimalism.
Speaker 5: But also my man from the documentary The Social The Social Network, I remember his name right now, but I had him on my I think I had me on birth Club. I had him on my my talk show, to God's on the Truth on Comedy Central too, talking about it like social media literally the algorithms cater to the seven deadly things.
Speaker 1: That is a fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's successful.
Speaker 9: I also enjoyed your conversation you guys had with Kevin Gates this week, you know, talking about how he had to unplug and how you know it affected him and he kind of getting called up in his head with that, and so another story just wanted since we're talking about social media parents, since Charlomagne called tac but TikTok for more than twelve thousand parents are urging TikTok to clearly label AI generated influencers who could pass as real people to viewers. Now, these parents, they started an online petition to say that they're concerned that these AI perfected faces and bodies are giving you know, teens, unrealistic beauty standards. So they're asking that they clearly labeling they're supposed to be labeling this stuff is AI, but they said they're not catching it fast enough, they're not doing enough. They're saying that virtual influencers have been around for years, but the newest flosive growth of generated AI technology has made it harder for people to identify real from faith. So just another point because both of these stories we're talking about youth. But you guys brought up an interesting point about adults. This is not I mean, adults are actually also you know, being six percent of adults eighty one percent of teens use social media and it is a growing population of anxiety depression do to social media. It's a real thing.
Speaker 1: You really literally have to unplug man get off.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm I'm I'm working on just getting my way off all together, you know what I mean. But yeah, like I said, social networks do best when they tap into one of the seven deadly said. There's so many articles that have been written on it, so many books that have been written on it, so many whistleblowers in Silicon.
Speaker 1: Valley talk about it, how they literally.
Speaker 5: Cater to greed and in vanity and you know, gluttony, like I'm telling you, it's it's the devil, you know it is.
Speaker 6: And I'm grateful that, you know, I got six kids that my two oldest, and not own it like that. They could really care less about it. The only thing I would say is, and I know TikTok is not the answer. But my daughters, the younger ones, they like to dance and they like to do the dance moves and share with their friends, but they do it in a place where it's a safe place because they send it to each other. I don't know if there's an app where kids can do that and have a good time doing it. Because my daughter likes to dance to music that's out, whether it's old and new, whether it's doing you know, dance from her troop stuff or cheering, and that is something that I like because they're just having fun as kids.
Speaker 1: Like yesterday my daughter was dancing.
Speaker 6: And happy, right and she did her own routine and she was able to share with her friends, you know, in her school. But the other stuff where people can leave comments and complaints and say I don't like you because it is or even try to lure these kids in, that's what I don't don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think the pros and social media outwag to cons and I know we're not going to realize we're not going to realize that. I mean, some of us are realizing that now and have already realized that, but the majority of society's not gonna realize that until in the future.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be too late.
Speaker 5: Like literally right now, I was people waking up and they're getting on social media waiting to know how to feel about something right, Like like for example, megann the Stallion put out his which we just listen to. It's people who listen to that record and instead of just going with how they feel, like some people might initially be like, oh I like that record.
Speaker 1: Some people might initially be like, oh, I don't like that record.
Speaker 5: But they're gonna wait to see what the majority of people on social media say before they form their conclusion.
Speaker 1: That's God, that's whack. But that's that's everything.
Speaker 6: That's People do that with politics, people do that with interviews, people do that with what's going on in the world.
Speaker 1: They do that all the time.
Speaker 6: It's like they go to the popular opinion, and whatever the popular opinion is, that's what they do.
Speaker 5: Well, whatever the popular opinion on social media. Correct, social media is not reflective of the real life world.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's it's a small it's a small, small, small portion of what's actually going on in the real world.
Speaker 6: And the sad thing about it all is, when you think about it, I think a lot of people lose their lives in social media, right. They don't necessarily live in the moment, right, They don't get to really you know, we always talk about smell of flowers. They don't get a chance to smell the flowers, you know what I mean. And I think, like you said, I think we need to get to a point where we have to I don't want to say ban, but limit how people, you know, indulge in social media.
Speaker 9: Well, Japan, we talked about this story before. They don't allow you know, they only allow certain content you know, to their children on TikTok.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: So there is when you look at the United States and kind of you know, go everything can go in and be on social media. That's to your point when you're saying, because she'll be an app just for dance and eventually the mess of you know, get good put in. So that's a big debate that they're having about TikTok, you know, even on the on the policies level. But if you just go to any restaurant and look at couples constantly scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. It we just really got to put the phone down at some point. I'm guilty of it myself. So well you're scrolling now, Djambi.
Speaker 1: Now somebody just text me. That's the producers that just texted me. All right, well that is Front Page News. That's right to take your task and.
Speaker 5: Make sure you subscribed to tailing figure out podcasts it's great shot and on Chase of podcasts on the blackfact iHeart Radio podcast network and follow as testling figure on on all social media flyf on.
Speaker 6: Actually they were text me because DMC is coming up next and I'm about to do a run DMC mix, and they asked me, can I do it now?
Speaker 1: All right? So no, man, we don't hear no DMC. You want to hit fart, No, we can play run DMC mix. This play fart, No DMC mixed. This morning.
Speaker 6: DMC from Run DMCMSDJ will be joining us this morning. We're gonna kick it with him. They got a three part documentary that's coming out.
Speaker 1: That's right. So when we come back, DMC in the place to be. I went to Saint John's University.
Speaker 6: I dressed all right. You know what I'm talking about, DMC. When we come back, it's the breakfast Little Morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is d J n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: We say special a lot, but this is this is one of those special special special gutther.
Speaker 1: Icon a legend. Absolutely means a lot to me, ladies and gentlemen. D MC, yo, what's up. It's good to be brother.
Speaker 5: He came in here with a lot of product to your children, and he got his memoir and he got the cookies.
Speaker 3: DMC.
Speaker 1: Daryl makes cookies.
Speaker 2: For all of you out there.
Speaker 8: We will have the vegan, we will have the gluten free, but we will have a protein cookie for people in the gyms. And we started with chocolate chip, but we're gonna have chocolate chip, double chocolate, sugar cookie, oatmeal, oatmeal raisin in the whole.
Speaker 1: Now, do you remember your first cookie in life?
Speaker 2: My first year, my first cookie was a butter cookie.
Speaker 8: There was this place in Queens in Long Island called Cows where everybody used to get the milk from member Goals, and he used to have the cows. Then the cow they used to milk the cows and calendar real cows. The cows was in there and they used to bring the milk bottles by and you would buy the milk. So it's this place called Goals, and they sold cookies and candies and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But I've always loved cookies. I want to start from the beginning. Of course, I'm from Queens and what run DMC meant to me.
Speaker 3: Was everything right wow.
Speaker 6: I went to school on Holis Save Francis Saint Jokminan right on Holland Cross Street from p thirty four right and to see brothers from my neighborhood, make it out and become international.
Speaker 3: Stars with everything. Wow.
Speaker 1: But not only that.
Speaker 6: This was the day before social media, so running into your favorite celebrity was everything, right. I remember running into to Run and yourself at TSS.
Speaker 1: And oh to Square story, that's right.
Speaker 6: And you've given me an autograph on the back of an envelope, you know, because autographs meant the most.
Speaker 1: I still have it now.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: So let's let's talk how you got into music and what made DMC start rapping and how did you hook up with Run being from Holland Street.
Speaker 8: So for me, I first started as a DJ because there was this thing going around called flash tapes. Did you have the flash tapes with flashed and equipment? So flash tapes came into queens and it was the block parties and stuff like that. So me and my brother we got DJ equipment, wanted to be DJs. In my basement, I was grand asked to.
Speaker 3: Get high because you had to get high.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was my name. Grandma has to get high because you didn't need old English. So we because my music qu was intoxicate you. Oh, that's what it was in my brain. Prior to that was just a kid that read comic books.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like you.
Speaker 8: I went to Catholic school. But the first thing for hip hop boy is the DJ thing. So I wanted to be like Grandmaster Flash. So my brother he was only when I was allowed to go to Jamaica Avenue to the record store. I was still a young kid. So he brought home Rappers and Light. You know that was hip hop first on the record. So Rappers and Light then attract me, except for the Big Bank Hand Cryme, which I found out was dope because it was written by one of the dope seas from the street, Grandmaster Cares.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know that that a golkur safes game.
Speaker 8: But this is the life changing thing that made me start writing, I'm Grandmaster get high in my basement on the DJ planing is then I put you and two together. I'm a kid trying to piece all of this together. So Grandmaster Flash has five mcs that he plays the music for, so I put the needle on this record. It didn't open up hip hop and then it wasn't no R and B. This thing set It was a party nine. Every anybody was breaking in the hogs. What' screaming in the base was shaking in and won't be long till everybody's not on that flashes on the bee box going.
Speaker 3: And I'm going, oh my god, what the hell is this?
Speaker 8: And don't and shout out identicals Italian, Caucasian, Japanese, Spanish, Indian, Negro v at the knees, MC dis jockeys, y'all fly kid.
Speaker 3: I went running. Give me a pen, Alfred, give me a pen.
Speaker 8: So I just started writing rhymes for myself. So I was a grandmaster get high, and I was MC easy d. Because my name starts with the DN, it's easy for me to write my rhymes. So that's all I'm doing in my basement, writing rhymes. Joseph Simmons, we went to the same Catholic high school, Saint Pascal Bayline. He was always in the other class.
Speaker 3: We didn't know.
Speaker 8: We only knew each other, Hey Daryl, Hey Joe, because the only reason we knew each other it was two classes each. It was kindergarten you together, but then when you go to first grade it's one one and one two. So I was always in the two classes.
Speaker 3: He was in the one.
Speaker 2: So in eighth grade where that happened. This is Destiny.
Speaker 8: We went to Catholic school, so you know this, All the kids would come to my backyard and play basketball after school to be safe. And I don't have to go to one ninety two at Jamaica Park to get them money and get bullying and tease.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: So one day Joey shows up alone with his basketball, so we play ball. You know what I'm saying. Joe is good.
Speaker 8: Joe and Jay. I wasn't the ball. I just had to remember. So we played ball. After we played very good. He was left handed, very good. His failure, you can speak to him. He loved doctor Jay. He run was nice.
Speaker 2: Jay was nice. I'm comic book.
Speaker 8: And I'm awkward, but I'm just trying to fit in and I press the guys and come on, I need a friend.
Speaker 3: Sold Dad put her in there, kid.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So after we played ball, he comes in change Purpose and Destiny. He comes in. He sees me and my brother's turntables and he goes, yo.
Speaker 8: You do that, and I go no, because that was my thing. I didn't want nobody, And he goes Joe my brother's Simmons. You ever see the flyers and some up on the telephone polls and the tree. My my brothers Russell Russ and he manages his Curtis blow and Jimmy Spicy, and.
Speaker 3: He goes on, oh so now I'm a little opening.
Speaker 8: I'm like what, and he goes, yeah, I'm DJ run And in the summertime, when it's no school, I go all around New York City and to try to state that area. They called me the son of cord is blowing up right, And I said, and I go, whoa something more? I said, I could do it a little bit, and he goes, show me something. So I go over to the turn tables and I do the super sperm equipment.
Speaker 3: Soup poop soup. So it's like, yodde this goodness.
Speaker 8: So now the plan was this. Now we got something else in common besides ball after school. My parents would get home at four o'clock. We get out of school two ten, so we go play ball for half an hour. Then we go in the basement in DJ for I'm forty five minutes. So that became the routine. One particular day and it was my turn to DJ and I look over at Joe and he's sitting on the couch in the basement and he gots my rhyme book that was like having my diary, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I left it on the coffee table.
Speaker 8: Usually I would put it under the couch Joe when I knew Joe was coming because the rhyme book was my thing talking about me being MC eazy D.
Speaker 3: So he finds it and I'm running over there trying to get it from me.
Speaker 2: And he's like no, no, no, wait, wait D. And he was like, yo, you rode all of this and I was like, yeah, you know, it's like a hobby.
Speaker 8: And he just looks at me and I'll never forget the day slow motion when my brother Russell lets me make a record, I'm putting you in my group and dinner and went in one air and out the other because I'm like, yo in yo, I don't do this for real.
Speaker 5: You do that?
Speaker 2: You yo the flashers and he said, no, D, don't worry about it. So that was in eighth grade.
Speaker 8: We graduated running Jay went to Andrew Jackson High School.
Speaker 1: And Jackson the first school.
Speaker 2: I took three trains and two buses all the way to Rice High School one hundred and twenty fourth Street in lymtics now ninth grade, tenth grade, eleventh grade, twelfth grade. I graduate from Rice High School, send my resume out to Saint John's University, and a couple of college come home into mail. There's a letter to me, mister Darn McDaniels. I opened it up before my mother.
Speaker 8: Mister Daryl McDaniels will probager inform you you're going to Saint John's University.
Speaker 2: What oh, this is crazy, It's funny. My mother and father come home.
Speaker 8: I run past them down to the basement to write a rhyme, and I say, min got I ran to the basement to check this out.
Speaker 2: I write this round. I'm dmc in the place to be.
Speaker 3: I went to the City John's University. I rate the rhyme right that was. I was a class of eighty two.
Speaker 2: In June of eighty two. The phone rings. It's Joe jo d what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: Now you know we've seen each other, but he calls this particularly Remember four years ago, Yeah, when I said if I make a uh huh, grab your rhyme book, We're going to the studio to make a record. We go to Green Street Recording Studio right here and we go down there. We make this like that and that's the way it is. And in the B side, Sucker M sees Wow here I am today.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with DMC from Run DMC.
Speaker 6: When we come back though movies to Breakfast Club, Good morning morning, everybody is dj n V Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with DMC from Run DMC, Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: You don't wanted to ask you when it comes to MC, and how do you properly rank hip hop MC's because just like in basketball, skills have changed throughout the years, right, you know, so how you rank a rapper from the eighties with somebody from the nineties or the two thousands, Like, how do you do that?
Speaker 8: There's no go there can't you can't say that this is a goal because everybody's so good get you know, people always say it's funny. Throughout the years, people would ask me who's better Eminem and jay Z Chuck, d okay, that didn't say so you know if you tell that, you know what I'm saying this, dude, Chuck said up so versatile say it without Rome, which is without run this book.
Speaker 2: Me and Rick Rubin. Shout out to Rick Robat.
Speaker 3: We tried to do this.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever did this. And now let's talk about skills. I'm so versatile, say it overbeat.
Speaker 1: Boosh boosh, got boo boos, got boosh boom.
Speaker 8: I'm so versatile, said without rhyme, which is why they're after me. And they're on my back looking over my shoulder to see what I write. They hear what I say, and they want to know why why they could never compete on this level. Superstar status is my domain. Understand my rhythm, my patterns of lectures, and then you'll know why I'm on the run. That one verse trump's every generation.
Speaker 2: So how do you rate them?
Speaker 8: Seasonal rhymes for the effect that they have when they're on the stage and when they're in that crowd.
Speaker 3: That's how you do it.
Speaker 8: See what Melly Mail battled eminem You know what I'm saying That the mal came out with that thing. Somebody said it sounds like somebody. Ai Mail's response to that.
Speaker 2: All Male had to do was do you when I wanted? When? When Pete Rock produced us, Pete Rock produced Down with the King with the Kings. The eighties changed, the eighty nineties changed hip hop.
Speaker 8: What Run the MC did for Aerosmith, y'all brought Aerosmith back. Steven Tyland, Joe pay Yes, they did the same thing that we did for Aerosmith. Pete Rock did for us when now at the King we was. We wasn't participation, we wasn't on the chart, we was in the we wasn't on MTV no more so Pete Rob brings us back. When I remember going in this session with Pete Rock and he said, d you ain't gotta be m and m ain't gotta be jay Z none gotta be cool Rock, give me that DMC.
Speaker 3: So I was like, okay.
Speaker 8: He asked me, what are you doing right now? I'm taking the toys, I'm raking the land. I keep a hard call because it's dope, man. She's all the roughest, toughest words and a rope damn not meant for a hole like it sold damn.
Speaker 2: Second sucking sez.
Speaker 8: So all male had to do when you talk about Ray and all male had to do is what he did on pump pumped me up to battle that.
Speaker 2: Don't try to to flip it up, but I can't even move like, don't try to see.
Speaker 8: When I went to Rice, I realized what these kids. The celebration of hip hop wasn't a fifty year celebration. It was a goddamn lie. The celebration that we just had was the forty four year celebration of recorded rap. Because they set his cool HERK seventy three and they jumped to seventy nine. All the record making mother, they didn't talk about what I came in there, all the n this and that and this is.
Speaker 2: You didn't hit you only no mo d from battling LLL.
Speaker 8: You didn't him more with the treacherous three, who is just as dope as Scarface and just as dope as Drake.
Speaker 2: So how do you rate them? You can't rate them. You got to go and see what they do and put these mothers in the.
Speaker 8: Class by themselves. Mel Mel had to do them. M and M rappers might be willing, but they ain't able because I was their king. Straight from my cradle. Screamed in hollowod shook my rattle, drimped out of feeding them all in battle. There was no food in my silver spoon. But I grew up hard, and I grew up soon. I'm a righteous king and I'm hungry too, and I eat a punkster rap like you.
Speaker 2: I met kid, that's all mal.
Speaker 1: He did play game.
Speaker 8: The fifty yard old sh Now, go in there and do what you I was sitting on the corner, just wasting my time when I realized it was the King of the rhyme.
Speaker 2: I got on the microphone and what do you see?
Speaker 3: The rest was my legacy.
Speaker 8: I was born to be the king of this hip hop's thing with stallions and medallions and diamond rings on a mansion in a yacht, cool minion and gold.
Speaker 2: Because rap is the game that I control. I'm like Shakespeare.
Speaker 8: I'm a pion there and I may rap something people wanted to hear see before I came. It was the same old thing with the ball that they do all that street call game. So if you ever letting me make this clear, if you ever think that, I'm going out of here.
Speaker 2: So people ain't no mel from the record. See, I'm such a fan. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care about you on your record.
Speaker 8: I'm not Scarface, I'm not NICs, But for Scarface, Bumpy Knuckle and Koojie Rap to tell me, Yo, D you're the best you cut the head off the devil.
Speaker 2: And see you can't rate it.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying for them to tell me that, so you can't you can't rate it. So what run DMC did is this.
Speaker 3: Let me calm down when you see this dog.
Speaker 1: Got to turn back to Bruce Bannett.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually I'll get excited about this.
Speaker 2: I gave you what run DMC. We didn't create it. People go, we know hip hop is before you, but you're created.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Run MC is the pioneers of recorded rap. We took if you listen to Adidas, we took the beat from the street as it was. Everybody else was wearing tracks suits, everybody else was wearing didas, everybody else was wearing Gazelle'.
Speaker 8: Everybody else was kangos, Ganna cars, sheepskins and off. We took the beat from the street. We took the culture from the street. Because of MTV.
Speaker 2: We put it on TV for all a ce. That was our pioneering role.
Speaker 3: That's what we did.
Speaker 8: But Mel is just as dope as Pun. Now, everybody would say, eminem Andre.
Speaker 2: Three thousand, what about Pun?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Nobody never puts him in the top five hundred. This is gonna blow your mind in the top five from just from Andre three thousand and Lauren Hill never had a rap verse. And what I mean by that is Emminem fans, jay Z fans, Run fans, everybody else get us all right. Lauryn Hill and Andre three thousand never got it all right. Lauren Hill is in the top five of.
Speaker 2: MC's And if you don't believe me, just go listen to what's out there available and tell me what dude is better than her.
Speaker 3: Now, no, I can't. She's tho.
Speaker 5: I think the only thing they'll say about Andrea and Lauren is they didn't I don't agree with that with Andrey because he had the whole outcast catalog.
Speaker 1: With With laurenill say she didn't give us enough music, right.
Speaker 8: Right, right, But no, all I'm saying is just listening to what she did. I'm just saying that you got tape from Harlem Way, you got tapes from Harlem World with Spoony g coming into the Christmas Rap Convention with every MC in New York, and he didn't come spit no love rap stuff.
Speaker 1: He said just this.
Speaker 8: I appreciate this. For some of you MC's are taking a risk trying to take him a chair. But these guys had that thing. So for me, when I came in, I knew I wasn't the best. I know, I wasn't mal I know I wasn't even run.
Speaker 2: But my thing was, what was Spider Man do?
Speaker 3: What would the Hope do? What with the thor? So my hope?
Speaker 2: My whole presence in hip hop was Now that I'm doing comic books.
Speaker 3: People said, I know why I like you now.
Speaker 2: Thor is the son of Odin from Asgard, has a brother named Loki, and he has a hammer.
Speaker 8: I saw that, and I saw a hip hop dude. My old man at DMC can transform into the devastating my controller.
Speaker 2: My name is Daryl. I'm from Hollis.
Speaker 8: My father's name is excuse me, Byford, and I got a brother named Alfred, so I became son of Byford, brother of al Banner's my mother and runs my pal. It's McDaniels, not McDonald's. These rhymes are Darrel's, those Burghers are Ronald's. I ran down my family tree, so hip hop gave me away to be enthusiastic about who I am at whatever points in my life.
Speaker 6: All Right, when we come back, we got more with dm. See, let's get into a mini mix. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with DMC from Run DMC. I gotta ask, so when Run DMC takes off, right in the world is looking at Run DMC. They're looking at these two black brothers on every TV screen.
Speaker 2: Three black brothers, three black brothers.
Speaker 1: Did y'all understand the impact and how was your mental during that time?
Speaker 6: Because y'all were kids from queens, from Hollis Than Now all of a sudden, YO were in every household selling out shoulders and concerts and it.
Speaker 2: Was the scariest thing ever. It was the scariest thing ever.
Speaker 8: But we knew Jay. Jay was funny. Jay's thing was Yo. We gotta watch out to day. We gotta watch what we say, we gotta watch what we do.
Speaker 2: Lit'sen. I sniffed more coke and the earth could put on the earth running.
Speaker 3: Jason smoked more weed.
Speaker 2: I drunk a case of old English today.
Speaker 8: Jeezus, but we know, yo, if they wearing glasses like Dan wearing had some tractions like us and Adidas like us. We can't be talking about you know what I'm saying. We knew we had a big influence, so that's why we was careful. So we had to figure out how could we be the hardest thing ever without being disrespectful, profane, and still relate to these brothers and sisters in the streets.
Speaker 2: That's why I came up. Most of our records were rhyme routines. You know, col Crush had It's us. You know, it's us, the Cold Crush. You know, the force some c's before they were to force some ds. We are called the for you put to be steal a melody. Let's steal Let's steal all anxign from from the New Year's thing. Oh, let's steal Let's steal Bob Dyling melody. We would steal melodies and you would make it over the hip hop beat.
Speaker 8: So when we got to that point and everybody was saying, rapture fad, it's going to be a commercial. And you know all the singers that hated us, not like the Ramones, not like lou Reed, not like Share, they loved this.
Speaker 2: I remember when we met Bond Joe. You guys are incredible but the critics and the journalists and a lot of so caught real magicians haters. So when I wrote it's tricky to rock a rhyme, I'm trying to tell you it's tricky to do.
Speaker 8: You this ain't easy, but to do that and maintain that level in this business that you're not accepting it. So for us, it was always a thing where okay, let's sit down. The first thing we have to do is what everybody's doing. We're gonna do something different. The first rappers didn't have rappers to look up to. Now there's flyers with meiling them with Sheepskins and Martincks and Godfather hats and Madiana.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: The only one out of Melon Mal that stayed that, the only one out of the first five that was like me running Jay was Cowboy.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of times Cowboy put on some little.
Speaker 2: Tassels, but he didn't put on that other stuff when they got into showbiz. When this hip hop thing that nobody believed in gets to show biz, now number one, they're changing their delivery, they're changing their presentation, they changed who they really are to fit in. So when they get into showbiz. They don't not have no rappers to look up to because they're the first one. So if you look at Mail Africa, Baan Body. If you look at Africa, Baanbody and his nation so solid for us, they look like Parliament Funkadelic. If you look at Grandmaster Fashion, the first five moved in on them, they look like the sex Pistols. They look like the Rolling Stones, and they looked like Rick James because they in show I'm talking about the show business.
Speaker 3: NA.
Speaker 8: When me and Row was coming in, we was like the music business didn't let hip hop come in from me and run and Jay's perspective, he bringing this hip hop to the music business.
Speaker 3: Because nobody does it.
Speaker 2: So when we stopped, when Russell let me, oh, sucking seas a good dislike the Russell's whole thing.
Speaker 8: But you don't need wardrobe, you'll need wardrope. So me and rowand say, yeah, cool, but we ain't wearing that.
Speaker 1: Who y'all want to dress like the drug dealers or no, we want.
Speaker 2: To dress like jam Master J and DJ Hurricane.
Speaker 5: Now listen, DMC is here because there's a new three part documentaries on Peacock Kings.
Speaker 1: From Queens the Run DMC story.
Speaker 5: Right, So even though we getting all of this now, I still want y'all to go watch it on Peacock. But while we're here, just it's in depth on the Peacock, very in depth. Just for radio purposes. I want to ask you how Run DMC felt like Run DMC since the passing of jam Master Jay.
Speaker 3: No, not at all or not at all.
Speaker 8: People always say, oh, it could be an album and a tour and my joke, but they get it. This only way you could shut people up. Run DMC will tour when the Beatles get back together. You know what I'm saying, it's Paul and it can't happen now when we do show up, it's not Run DMC. It's Reverend Running King DMC, the two members who used to be in that band Jay.
Speaker 2: It can't it can't. Run DMC don't exist without Jay.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. If you want to know who Run DMC is, go back and look at all the videos. Listen to the record that's Run DMC. Me and Run are the two surviving members of that band.
Speaker 1: It's the same in this generation with the Migos, God Bless take Off like it.
Speaker 8: Even if you make the record is something weird that the only way that run MC could co exist as a group, it's a brilliant thing.
Speaker 3: We would have to reform a new band.
Speaker 8: If you look at David grow loved to Rock du Zoo, Paul McCartney left the Beatles, he didn't try to keep the The Beatles.
Speaker 2: Legacy is untouchable like run DMC. But when Paul went sol, he start Paul McCartney and ring like I got a band. Now I do all my catalog live, live drummer guitars. It's called DMC and the l racers to give homage to raising Hell. So if you look at sound Guard and Audio State, they all morphed you know what I'm saying. So hopefully hip hop will get to that. Will can we go?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: Now we have to figure out how once you get into the stadiums, you gotta figure out how do you keep the legacy going if you're still a cohesive man, or how do you continue on? When you look at people that used to play for Crusby still young and Nash, when you look at when you look at Pink Floyd, the two dudes from the band, they do their own things.
Speaker 2: Maybe once in a while they'll show up.
Speaker 8: So if you see me and run you singing, Oh shoot, Paul McCartney played with Ringo last night, so they answer your question.
Speaker 2: Charlotte may know. It's no Run DMC without jam. That's a j because every record is Run DMC and jam. That's the jam.
Speaker 3: That's a J. And and the funny joke is when we first.
Speaker 8: Started out, people thought we was an R and B group, but nobody could Jay come out by itself with some turnative ladies.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, I'm jim dat run about now, boom, throw your head, call me, I'll.
Speaker 3: Come out check the mics.
Speaker 2: No, they couldn't mess with us. So to ask me, did I see hip hop doing this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Why because I was doing it there.
Speaker 1: You gotta come back because we gotta have a long conversation. I know you have to go. I'll come back with more cookies, with more cookies. I just got to ask one more question. I know you said rink on Drink Champs. Yes, was run DMC supposed to be in the call with Tupac the Mighty.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, that's so many people. So many people was like, yo, dude, here's what happened. We get a call from Sug Night.
Speaker 8: They wanted us run DMC to perform at the app What was the name of the club in Vegas? The sixth with the club that they own the ship, Yes, in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Or we get a call.
Speaker 8: Shug says, Yo, me and Park are coming to get the guys. Pop wants y'all to ride with him to the show and to the after party. Now cool, this is true story, and this is a beautiful jam Master Jay's story. So he calls and says, Eric, I'm coming to get the guys, right. Eric goes, Nah, Sug, y'all go by yourselves. We'll meet y'all there later. We'll meet you all at the after party later. And Sure goes why in the true story this you're gonna laugh? Eric goes, because jam Master J is getting dressed. So that's why we didn't ride. At least we might have been in the car with the gunshots because Pop. There was no way Jay and Pop ain't ride into the after Jay was that dude, So maybe I mean run me something else.
Speaker 3: But Jay might have been in the car.
Speaker 8: Let me rephrase that what I said on here, J would have do. But the reason why and you can talk talk to King asking King will say, Jay will keep you there for they will try on Gucci leather, this and that, sneakers, shure yo.
Speaker 3: For that's why we didn't even get a car with one hour.
Speaker 6: So love I love you Jay now February first, I didn't see story the document series. Check it out Thursday, February first on Peacock And we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You appreciate you.
Speaker 8: Let thank you for having me here. I saw you'll have grandmass to flash in the building. See y'all a hip hop. Y'all a hip hop. The other people is just radio stations. Y'all a hip hop and your being appreciate that while you're doing everything else.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Up man, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's DMC.
Speaker 6: Moaning everybody. It's dj n V show up and the guy. We are the breakfast Club again. Salute to DMC from run DMC.
Speaker 5: Glue to the legend of DMC go. Get all his work too. He got his memoir Ten Ways Not to Commit Suicide. He got a comic book book MC Daryl makes comics. You got children's books. That's Darryl's dream. You got his cookies out. Daryl makes cookies. That's right, salute to the icon dmc man. Absolutely, let's get to the twenty five to fifty four numbers just went through the roof. Let's still hook Nicki Minaj, name or you gossip?
Speaker 3: When you chatty? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells right. In the last hour, we played Megan thee Stallion's new record.
Speaker 6: It's called Hess. It was released last night at midnight. Meg called this morning to premiere the record.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 6: Nicki Minaj heard it and already jumped on I G Live and started talking about the record.
Speaker 1: Here's what Nicki Minaj said, Hey, uh, that bitch foot.
Speaker 3: Said the miss like six a pull of fixed boot the bitch.
Speaker 13: Good foot, No no, no, not three Grammys and can't find the beat No no, no, y'a the cheers the blood coot beat t a three no no no. If I gotta give you your lashes, bitch, I hope I was gotten back.
Speaker 14: To miss lyon ball.
Speaker 1: What the hell is happened? Okay? So I guess uh.
Speaker 6: While she was on Live, she played a part of a song called I Guess Bigfoot which is uh. I guess it was a diss record going and Megan she had to cut. I'm sure you know, Nicky's a strategic when she comes with her, so I'm sure that record was done a while ago. So she was talking about you know, I guess it's called Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: She also said this.
Speaker 14: Brilli plate I got the bum won a puny stupid listen, meg Get is from youthon though, So I mean, you know how you're not gonna be influenced by port Alphine's finest boy B and pim C.
Speaker 1: Come on, you g K dropping the mom for you to yes, that ain't that?
Speaker 5: Ain't you know that's not an insult to be you know, for somebody to say you sound like pimp see a butt beat?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Come on now, but listen, May when she called this morning, she said, uh, the hit dogs will hollow, so clearly made.
Speaker 1: I guess was talking about Nikki in his right Yes, I did?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What what are they saying? She said, I'm not breaking this down. Okay, well I'm.
Speaker 6: Not going to that to break down. Huh you got a nick you got the Nikki disclip o got let's hear it.
Speaker 1: She's mad at Megan's law. I don't really know what the part of me is, but I can't see y'all want.
Speaker 2: Me staring shoot never checked me, every chessue benchal we want to tress me.
Speaker 1: I'll wait for somebody to tell me. I don't know.
Speaker 5: But all is fair, All is fair in love and rap, and that's what that's what we say, right, Yes, we say that all the time. We say that when the guys do it, we say, you know, all this fair and love and rap. But when you see what Megan went through, right she was assaulted by a man's a man in prison right now, out for shooting the right Tory lane.
Speaker 1: So is that fair for another woman to make fun of?
Speaker 5: Because when the guys say those things, people get extremely upset. But people seem to be laughing with Nikki when she does it. I'm saying, I'm just pointing out the double standing here.
Speaker 6: I think when it comes to rap battle and things are thrown off the table, I think anything goes.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 6: These women are battling each other right now at this point. We've seen it with NASA's Etha, We've seen it with tupacs. Hit them up We've seen it with Jay Song. They are rapping, rapping. We've seen it with Remy Mall. They're rapping, they're using lyrics and they're playing. You don't have wordplay.
Speaker 1: So that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope all they all got your therapists on speed, because y'all be playing with each other's trauma like it's nothing.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's always been like that. But I just I would love for it to stay on record. Of course, come on, you know, that's that's what it will. We say that as the cle and I'm not saying like I expect people to shoot each other up a fight. I just don't want to hate the ig lives and them talking.
Speaker 3: I just like the music.
Speaker 1: I just I just point. I just like them. I like the music part of it.
Speaker 5: Now, I see, that's what you just said makes a lot of sense for twenty twenty four, because you know, a lot of times we say we hope it stays on records, we're talking about screen stuff. So in my mind about me being the old head I am, my mind immediately goes through that. But no, what you said just now makes a lot of sense keeping on music instead of tweets, tweets and the Instagram live because y'all used to like all of the women were throwing around some great insults at each other about a couple of years ago, and we were like, well, why this ain't all music, right, like when Cardi called JT prison pants and then Lotto called Nikki's super freaky grandma. Like I'm like, why y'all ain't making records? Like y'allous be making records. These are some good insults, that's right, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, also Mary, even everything Nikki was doing this Now, I'm glad that those were bars, but a different thing.
Speaker 1: But then put the you put the UGK thing in some bars too, like you know what I mean? She was in the studio, yep. So we'll see absolutely now. Mary J.
Speaker 6: Blige says that she will not be in the Lover's in Friends festival. She said her inclusion was a mistake. She said, I'm beyond humble by the response from all of you about the announcements of me on Lovers and Friends Festival. Unfortunately, my inclusion was an error, as I will be busy in preparation for my Strength of a Woman's Summit. Just one week later, I have the greatest fans in the world and can't wait to see you in New York in a few short months.
Speaker 1: Mary J.
Speaker 6: Blige and The Dream said the same. The show will be amazing, so with the amazing lineup. Unfortunately, I won't be able to perform this year, although my name is attached.
Speaker 1: Kill it bro Oh that's where it strength for Warming Festival gonna be this year. I guess it's gonna be leak. I guess that's announcement that which is dope?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, well that is your rumor reports now Charla Man, who are giving that dwnkan two?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Far after the hour? Man, Let's talk about love, man, what you won't do dude?
Speaker 2: For love?
Speaker 1: Not just love being stupid in love?
Speaker 5: We need a man named Ain grad Singing to come to the front of the congregation because we'd like to have a word with him, because this might be the most stupidest in love story I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will discuss all right, you ready ready for what? Which means? I spicy record listen?
Speaker 5: I ain't got no qualms with ice spice Man. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. I know when something isn't for me, okay, but I can also acknowledge when life does feel like a spoof. All right, So every hour on the hour, that's right here on the Breakfast Club far courtesy of I Heart Media, my Heart Radio's right. It's a record called Fart by Ice Spice Here you go, executive produced by Aaron mcgru to, Dave Chappelle, Neil Brennan and the Waynes Brothers.
Speaker 1: Boy, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club, your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to the whole the reason they gave me donkey other day and I deserve that. You need to know.
Speaker 1: You need to tell them. I am you have the boy, tell them.
Speaker 3: It's time for donkey. It's a read, but you're so good at Charlamage, Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: Solomon, Who do you give a dusk the other day?
Speaker 11: To man?
Speaker 5: Wow sexy red Donkey to day for Friday, January twenty six goes to A twenty six that's you old man named Angriage singh Okay Angriage, Angriage Angrige. He has been arrested after allegedly masquerading as his girlfriend so he could take an exam in her place.
Speaker 1: Listen to what the hell I just said to you? Angriage has been arrested after cross dressing.
Speaker 5: Okay, he decided to identify as his girlfriend in order to take an exam for her. Y'all don't listen to me or take me serious, because I got a list, So let's go to Vice News for the report.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 15: Man arrested after impersonating his girlfriend to write an exam on her behalf. Anger Seeing from Punjab has been arrested after dressing as his girlfriend Paramaje Caul to set a health worker exam on her behalf. According to police, Sing took a fake idea along to take the test, but was caught after his fingerprints didn't match the correct candidates from biometric device. Coul has had her application turned down.
Speaker 1: You think, man, hit my Bobby call well? Man hit that what you want to do for love?
Speaker 3: On time? For me?
Speaker 1: Ready? Listen That whiteo kids thing came drop on the clue bump for Bobby cal Well.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, listen, I pray we all get the experience love on this level.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, even though he's getting done any day. I'm serious. I want all of us to experience love on this level.
Speaker 5: I understand he got arrested, and arrest is never good, but we all need to be stupid in love at least once in life.
Speaker 1: Okay. It's a lot of lessons to be learned when you've been stupid in love.
Speaker 5: Hopefully that stupidity doesn't cause you to do something like die or kill. But getting arrested because you decided to be trans for a test is so sweet.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet and stupid, all right.
Speaker 12: His woman was trying to be a healthcare worker, and she already had failed the previous prerequisite exam, so even though he was her main sugar stain, he decided to be an undercover lover and go undercover as her shaved his facial hair, applied makeup, and got bussied up okay, and women's clothes and went to take the exam.
Speaker 1: You want to see a picture of him, I do. Let me show you a picture of them. Look at it, Look at look at look at you see you see you see. I'm all for equality. Okay.
Speaker 5: Women have been doing things like letting us hold their pe for years to pass pissed tests. If you've never had to pass a drug test, you probably can't relate, so to me, this is the next level of that. Now listen, if I'm his girlfriend, I'm flattered but also insulted, because how handsome does my boyfriend think I am? That he could just put on some makeup and passes me? How strong are my facal features? How define is my jaw lined? How many muscles do I have in or around my neck that would make my boyfriend think he could pass is me?
Speaker 1: She had to be thinking, Am I pretty? Is he handsome? Is he pretty?
Speaker 5: Am I handsome? Maybe we are both pretty handsome? And what kind of build is happening here on.
Speaker 3: The both of them?
Speaker 1: Does he have man breasts?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Does he have the titties of todd hun? Does he have hips? Huns?
Speaker 2: He has?
Speaker 1: Stick as me? Stick to me?
Speaker 2: Look at me, king, look at me.
Speaker 1: You're not that thick?
Speaker 5: Now, Look I looked at the young man. Okay, he's pretty. I don't know if it's the makeup or the hair or his features are already soft, but he's pretty. Not as pretty as still.
Speaker 3: Vaughn says, I am Charlemagne. I think kind of have ah.
Speaker 16: He seemed like, oh he a little bit he seemed like a he have a kind of a womanly look. He's beautiful, that's right, You think that, dude. You tell me Charlemagne ain't fine, bro, I'm on that. Come on though, I think if you put a if he was in Japana a week, if he was a yeah, oh you put him in a wig dog some basketball players gonna.
Speaker 5: He not as fine as I would be if I decided to cross dress, which I would never word the cat Williams, but I can acknowledge Angriage is a decent looking lady boy, but still a lady boy nonetheless.
Speaker 1: And that's what got him in trouble.
Speaker 5: Because exam officials grew suspicious because his face didn't match the picture on the application for him, you think, and then authorities ran his biometrics and discovered they didn't match.
Speaker 1: And this is new. I just found this out.
Speaker 5: He wore a tennis skirt with no drawers, so somebody noticed his testicles hanging out of the tennis skirt and the jig was up.
Speaker 1: Shout, okay, shut out police.
Speaker 5: Police also accused his girlfriend of conspiring with her boyfriend, as they believed he wouldn't have been able to enact the deception without her consent and possible assistance. This might be the first time in human history that a woman encouraged and empowered her man.
Speaker 1: To cheat, and she was happy he did.
Speaker 5: And she also got held accountable for her role in his cheating because she encouraged it. And there you have it, the secret to healing the world. Please give Angerae sing and his girlfriend the sweet sound of the hamiltones.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog gee.
Speaker 3: Of the.
Speaker 1: Dog gee.
Speaker 7: All the day.
Speaker 5: Ye a.
Speaker 3: Couple of things.
Speaker 1: You're not that pretty, You're not that thick whe who chicks person in this room? And there's how many of us in it? One? Two street four or fight? Six of us in here? Okay, two women thinking and everybody in here play with me if you want to. Let's sit back down. Calf On what cap y'all couldn't fill out cap? He said, y'all can't fill out his sweating?
Speaker 3: I just I just been my dude.
Speaker 1: Come on into big Mac.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, Big Mac got an ass on the stumpy Mac got making the stallion ass for something. Jesus Christ, I'm not playing this game anymore. All right, all right, Well that was the donkey of the day. Look like it looks crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh lord.
Speaker 6: Now when we come back, Comedian Earthquake will be joining us. Yes, indeed, so we're gonna kick it with Earthquake when we come back. And then now let's here for Pastor.
Speaker 5: It's not say something now that you gotta break down this making the Stallion record. So you're gonna have to tell us all this limitals and everything. Okay, please, all right. It's the Breakfast Leve the Morning, the Breakfast Club, more thing.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 6: It's Dan j n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guests in the building, Comedian Earthquake.
Speaker 3: Welcome brother thank you, Thank you, brothers. It's always an honor to be on this show.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 3: I look forward to it. It's always a highlight when I come next with you, brothers. Man, happy to have you here. How are you feeling? First man, I'm blessed man. Life is good. Uh, things are good, careers popping. So I'm good man, I'm real good.
Speaker 5: You know your name came up when recently when Kat Williams did his interview with Shannon Shark. Yeah, well I want to talk about just that conversation period. What is that conversation done for black comedy.
Speaker 3: Comedy, I don't think anything because it wasn't no jokes in it. Understand, I'm in the joke telling business, you know what I mean. So it didn't do anything I think for comedy. Personally speaking, me and him was cool, So you know, I didn't. I didn't know where that came from. Certain thing he said about me, half was true, half was was a lie, you know, but to each his own. I don't you know, man, I don't even get into that part of it, because see, I'm a type of person. If I have a problem with you, Charla Mane, I'm gonna call you and Man the Man and we were gonna talk it out. We're gonna duke it out, but we're gonna handle it. Man the Man. I don't talk behind people back. And that's what social media is. If you go into a platform and talk about a person without you addressing them yourself, when you have opportunities to get in contact and let him let it be known. So you know, I don't get into that, you know what I mean. I let him believe what he needs to believe.
Speaker 6: Now you said you were cool, or you thought you were cool, Now do you. People are saying he did that to sell tickets. Some people said he was just venting, or some people it was just like it was just a lie just to create the controversy arounding, and you know what, it's just.
Speaker 1: It's just weird to just be like it just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what is the motivation on it on it. I of been in this business for thirty years. We as comedians have never did that type of thing ever before. We're not rappers, we don't have beefs. You have a disagreement with a comic, they usually we take it with the individual and handle it as such outside of just you know, doing that thing was the first time ever seeing it done. But we're on a new age now, you know what I mean. It's a different name and I don't know what the motivation of the brother is. When I first ran into Caddy, he was the most phenomenal doing things that have never been done in here. He was selling out Madison Square Darden type of arenas on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and that was never I was coming into Oakland. They was like, you know, Kat gonna be here. I said, what I just got here, what are you going to do? He at this Friday?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: No, he Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at with the Warriors player. I was like, oh my god. And then you know, his acting skills was on top because he was on Hill Street Blues doing the things. So I've always admired you know, his his his work and what it is. But see, I'm I don't get into all that because I'm in the joke telling business, and as long as we're talking about jokes, I don't. That's the only thing that I am into. I ain't in the pimp game, I ain't in the drug game, ain't and in none of that. I'm into the joke. So you have anything to say to me or anything to see me, it should be right there in that category because that's the only only thing that I am involved in the public platform of it. So the rest of that he can keep.
Speaker 1: Why do you say you can't read? Where did that come from? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean you y'all didn't get terresta Ruti. First of all, it's a lie because I couldn't. I used to be a WBLS radio in radio, and everybody in radio wants to be like y'all to be syndicated. But if you're not syndicated and you just got one goddamn station, the only way you get some money off live reads in traffic and the rest. So it came to that and another thing. Ninth grade, I was picked to go to Georgetown and the upper Bound program Brown program. The only reason I didn't make open Brown program is when they took me on the tour. They let me taste a fresh donut for the first time and I ate it. I'm like, oh my god, freshman, weeze oieng juiced, and I said, you can have all these They said yeah. I said, y'all keep on walking around. Let's stay right here near these donuts because I'm used to eating the Hostess donuts, the little pack, but I never had like a Dunken one. I'm like, oh my god, this is delicious. So yeah, I was upper Bound program to be picked out of Georgetown to go to Georgetown in the ninth grade.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Also in the military as an air traffic controller, could have been air cock controller. But I wanted to get out my mother house. I said, what job can I leave today? To leave her houses? Say you can be a traffic troller. You can come back in US six months and we leave. I said, now I need to leave today. What you got they said, loaded nuclear weapons. I said, I take it.
Speaker 1: The load nuclear we head man.
Speaker 3: I dropped while I'm trying to see two live crew man no real talk boxed their force space. Yeah, trying to see too live crew. When when Luke first came out, we dropped that. Because you have to change the ordinance, the disguise from the rushing.
Speaker 1: You dropped the bombs. He can get out to the club.
Speaker 3: No. I told him I wanted to go see Luke Friday. They put me on the schedule. I had already said I'm not going, so they said, go out there, change the ordinance and then you can leave. Of course, I've been doing this for ten years. I'm like, all right, we don't need this. I put it up and we tell it moves the racket and everything. We ain't put all the grease fitting. It came down, hit boom. Everybody ran. I said, what y'all running for?
Speaker 2: This is a nuke.
Speaker 3: I'll say, you hit the round. I kiss somebody here.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, mate, This is.
Speaker 3: God, honest truth. God take my time from everything on. My name is in the Pentagon under broken arrow? You understand what I'm Yes, Why do they call you broken that? For that's what happened. When you drop a nuke on the in the country, it's called it broken arrow. When it's a new on your own, friendly soil and everything is an accident, it's called broken right now? You know? Well, no, man, it's just you know, I told him, you understand. I'm in Boxtall, Louisiana Street, Port, Louisiana. This when Luke was at the height is this thing? You had one hundred and fifty bad chicks. I said, I'm going, and they sent me out here and changed the ordinance on the plane. So they brung it on itself.
Speaker 1: But the new clearly didn't go off.
Speaker 3: No, nuclear weapons are some of the most safest ordinance that you got. Conventionals the more different because they got to drop at a certain height and then it hit the uh safe thing safe Martin, It's the most safety. But everybody ran and then.
Speaker 1: Nah, we was on the flight line.
Speaker 3: We was on the flight line on the B fifty two, and you put it in the bomb bait to change it out, and it came down and hit the ground boom. Everybody ran. I was like, what y'all running for? And then they came and got me. Base commander came and then they took us to the UH, to the hospital to do drug tests and everything to see if we high. I ain't find nothing but in competence in my blood. And then they put me on the snack bomb. They don't let me touch no more more nukes, no more planes or nothing. And people were like, A you stuck. I said, man, I don't care. E five get the same amount of money as loading bombs as an E five that passed out coffee. So the check ain't changed. It ain't hurt my feelings.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. A lot of people are gonna say, man, cat might have been right, man, you might have had to read something.
Speaker 3: No boy, that when Luke was hot, Man, he was on field Donnie or one of them things showing them just shaking in everything. And I was like, man, they finally gonna do a concert that one hundred and fifty Streetport was a small town. Bowser City was a small town in that way, and we had no black women that looked that good in my in my eyesight, So I was looking forward to it, and I told him I wasn't going, so they put us out there. Shout out to uh Sergeant Anderson who called me about two weeks ago. He was also on the team when we dropped the new Well listen.
Speaker 1: You know you got to prove things to the internet. So go ahead and read that read that's a live reading read out loud.
Speaker 3: Cat whim is a liar to play.
Speaker 1: We got more of a comedian earthquake when we come back. Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, wanting everybody. It's DJ Envy charlamagnea guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Were still kicking it with comedian earthquake.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing that's been coming up recently is comedian stealing jokes.
Speaker 6: Now, it seems like that would seem kind of something that's normal, because you know, if you're talking about a car, or you're talking about black versus white, it seems like a lot it So has that happened to you.
Speaker 3: I've been robbed more than any comedian on Earth I have. I have friends that have taken my jokes. I have friends that have called me and told me they have taken my jokes. I write another one you know what I mean. This is what I it's thing go to do it happens. That's why I do not look at other comedians perform, because I don't physically write. I mentally write. So I don't want to be contaminated with the thought. You could sit here and see another comedian tell a joke and subconsciously is it'll be into you. Then you could sit here and get on stage and riff and come up with and think you came up with it, but you previously saw somebody else do it. That's what happened. Sometimes we all it's only certain many subjects that is discovered. This is your version of oj Trut, this is your version of Trump, This is your version of Joe Biden, you know what I mean. So this happens me myself. I just continue, you know, I just replenish as they diminish, and I just keep on going with it. The way I keep myself from even for that ever happening to me. I don't watch other comedians I've heard.
Speaker 5: I've heard people say that I found that video with a Bernie Mac very interesting because Bernie Mack was like, people are going to take your jokes. Don't say your jokes around other comedians, especially the younger ones when the veterans are around.
Speaker 3: Well veteran and the rest of them. But see, it's beautiful with me is and I'm blessed that I don't have to go to a club to work a joke out. You see what I'm saying. I can, I can mentally see this is gonna work, and I can I can apply it to my regular show as I'm doing it, take one out, put a new one there, and continue to make the rotation go. Certain comedians don't have that process. They have to actually write it down and then try it on the stage. And then you have comedians in the back. Oh I like that, and then they'll give you the thought pattern. They would give you their version of that thought pattern. This is what I would have said if I thought of that. You know I still in too, so you know they sit there, but you just it's occupational hazard.
Speaker 5: You think the d m V area gets the credit it deserves for being a comedy hotspot. No, we have something the great Martin Dave Me, Tommy Davis, and Tony Woods.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of Donelle.
Speaker 1: Donell.
Speaker 3: You know these are my we we are in there we're in DC is what is a hard market. It's compared to like New York. You they don't give you nothing in DC. If you ain't funny, then they're gonna let you know right there and they'll wait until you succeed before they give your accolades. To big break my totality of my career or just sat down point at that time, Comicview. Comicview was my big break. That's where Airbody and I could tell uh Quake fans when they come say I want to put your air Mama name. You know when I know that, and I mean they was original Quake fans.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about them bringing back comic You think.
Speaker 2: That it was?
Speaker 3: It was great. I was there when they was filming with Mike and keV. Any platform that allowed the gendre to expreay and give opportunities, I'm all for and I participated. And I've done that my whole crib with my radio show and me doing the club and everything else to expand it because it's a great opt form. It's you know, I don't this vitually all that's going on now is not what the job description of. We bring joy and sit here and make people laugh.
Speaker 5: Is it true that Kim Whitley ghosted you after you after you put it down putting that an air quote?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I get her on that. Yeah, man used today for a version. She ghost me out there, she hit me and left me. Hey man, I'm a king. I don't pay for that as satisfy. You got to I'm king, Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: Now you.
Speaker 3: Take care of the king man.
Speaker 1: The one time thing, Oh yeah, we did it one time, Kim is.
Speaker 3: But Kim did more for me than anything when I first had my biggest break, but for that time my TV show on ABC, and Kim came and helped me navigate through that because it was I had a lot of people around me that wasn't good for me. And she came in and showed me how to do TV and reiterated what I know now is you know, I'm not an actor. I'm a movie star. And there's a difference.
Speaker 1: You know, A conversation that that that always comes up is black comedians wearing a dress?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Why and what's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 3: It's hard when white dudes. Marlla Wayde said it so personally. When white dudes do it, man, their genius.
Speaker 1: When we do it.
Speaker 3: It's has something to do with our manhood. You know, it's it's art if it's a hit and it's funny. White Chicks was great, Big Mama House was great.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I know Marty, Marty is one of the manniest man's man's There is.
Speaker 1: Narry Johnson, basketball player, Grandmama, my.
Speaker 3: Mama, Flip Wilson, Geraldine understand bigger than Killer, kill you, the whole nine. And so it's just another, you know, another way to take shots at people that they want to. And what what's heartbreaking for me is as younger comedians, that's taking these shots at the people that paved the way for them, and it's sick.
Speaker 5: Now, talk to just about the between being broken in debt because you said at one point you were in the whole for three million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, see being broke that means you just ain't got no money. And that means even if you got some money, I give it to somebody else.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that's.
Speaker 3: The difference on it. And I was in depth because I was playing the game a lot of entertainers do. When I blow, I will take care of Uncle Sam during that time, and it never came you know what I mean. And Uncle Sam don't play. So now you know it didn't come to fruition on that point of blowing at that point. So now I just put the money to the side. And knowing him, you know, around April, I'm gonna get molested financially.
Speaker 1: Uncle Sam come. Oh, he comes, and they average up, they don't average it damage.
Speaker 3: And they let you. And see the thing about Uncle Sam, so good about it. He a sleeper sale. He allows you not to pay him until you fall off. Then he comes. See, and it's not the money that you owe him that gets you. It's the pilodies and it's usually more than the principal. So the best thing is so I'm like, okay. Once it took me to get out of it took me about six years to get to uh, to get out of that home.
Speaker 5: Oh uncle saying three million, Yeah, older them three million dollars. Jesus Christ got all of it on there. You know, Lord have Mercer earthquake. We appreciate you for joining us, brother man, thank you all for having me. Please follow me at the real earthquake. And I love you brother. Keep doing what you're doing. Man, you too, my brother God bless y'all, it's earthquake. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's j MV. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for past the oaks. Yeah, DJ comes send.
Speaker 3: What's uping?
Speaker 1: Not like at l what's up?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 1: You know people are calling me that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Atlanta a combination a little. When I remember what you got done there, I think four more, no, three more, three more three more about three. I really like it, though, Like, yeah, I just did.
Speaker 17: I just love R and B with Keith bt Keith Thomas bt B cox a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my whole girl. A portion was por and she pulled up. I really like Atlanta. It's it's different. It's different. New York's like party scene. I don't need you to like it too much.
Speaker 17: Okay, well no, I still like New York as well, but it's just different. And it's cool to be around your people. We all speak the same language.
Speaker 5: But you're tired of being around all these Spanish people in New York City. You can't take it no more.
Speaker 17: That's not what I said at all anyway, But being in Atlanta, I think it's only right that I start off with this new lotto and Anisia record called back Outside.
Speaker 5: A lot of something the other day, I don't know, it was something ticktack and she she might have been dancing to this song and it was hurling her and all her homegirls.
Speaker 1: And I was like, see, I like that energy. It was just the energy.
Speaker 6: It's TikTok. And I see she got a record. You know, jay Loo dropped the record too. She got a record.
Speaker 17: That Anicia is from her her hometown, so she's like bringing in the next dope generation even though she's still young, fresher hot.
Speaker 1: What dance was that, Charlamne, there's a lot of I don't think that.
Speaker 17: She was that look cool as The next record I'm gonna go with is with Rock Forrey and I and Lil Wayne.
Speaker 1: It's called with Sad Baby.
Speaker 5: That is one of the most toxic, hardest lines that before a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I call it my grandbaby. God damn Wing went crazy. That's sick? What ever that was called it my grand baby? That is? You like that line?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 17: I mean it's why would you want to call a woman that you the only line that you remembered from the record That's what stuck after me just now? Is that how you pronounced with baby?
Speaker 1: Say five thousand dollars? Called it my grandbaby? Okay, well that different? What's that baby?
Speaker 17: I'm trying to say it in the best New Orleans accent I can, Robert and not a little Wait, all right, then I'm gonna go with you were talking about Bobby Coott Well earlier, a white guy who can sing. It's this other guy named Jamison that I just discovered, and he got this new record called love.
Speaker 1: Me Sound Like a Little Little You're white? His name is what Jameson?
Speaker 5: Can't be white and be named after Darkling j M S nine. You can't be white and named after Donk call him absolute or something.
Speaker 8: You can.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling that white man James.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't believe that what his mom and daddy names I don't know as Jake, what his real name is, Jesus Christ, you know what?
Speaker 1: But get into him. He's heavy, neo soul alternative that he's a vibe.
Speaker 17: And then, last, but not least, I got to shout out this meg record hiss that has caused the whole tobacco online. I saw you guys talking about it in the room or report.
Speaker 1: Well, Meghan called up.
Speaker 5: She called up this morning and she's asked her what she gonna be naming names, and she said, look, all all the hit.
Speaker 1: Dogs gonna hollow. Well, obviously, Nikki, I didn't know it was obviously that was that was obviously.
Speaker 17: But I woke up this morning I saw it online. So she started off the record with these hoes, don't be mad at Meghan. These hoes be mad at Meghan's law. So Meghan's Law is the name of a federal law in the US requiring law enforcement authorities to make information available to public regarding registered sex offenders.
Speaker 1: And that's sick. Okay. She didn't have no line for party or the baby. Who's the woman dancing? Who's the woman that made R Kelly go viral on TikTok? Who's that for?
Speaker 17: Don't write nothing else down Japan?
Speaker 1: So much to say on schedule conjugal visits or something. I don't see nothing about R Kelly retarded. It's getting weird. Oh we didn't play the right. Oh, let's hear it.
Speaker 5: I didn't even hear him making his long line when I first heard it. Now I heard it, make all the sense in the world. Oh yeah, she said that was dancing, making all Kelly go viral. Men who hate on bbls and have the same scars. So those are a couple of the distances. Of course, we know what the JPEGs and money conjugal visit line is.
Speaker 1: That's the Tory. Hey man, all's fair and love and rap.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, So there's nothing that somebody's gonna say on a rap record that's gonna offend me. I just want everybody to keep the same energy for everybody, because it feels like there's a double standard a lot of the time. Question Nyland, is it fair for Nikki to do the big foot line making fun of a woman who got shot in the foot?
Speaker 1: It's fair? I mean, there's no fair, Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 5: Asking, just asking because because because when guys do what, everybody gets upset, because there's been guys that have done that to make too well.
Speaker 17: I think people are going harder on men doing it because it's a man.
Speaker 1: Who shot her, or maybe it was a random shot. But shouldn't a woman feel more infudite but a woman experience?
Speaker 17: But I feel like there should be no gender on empathy, Like you should just have empathies towards somebody going towards something, regardless if it's a man versus woman.
Speaker 1: But like what you're saying, it's war.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of like and by the way, we're all full of it because everybody can say something that hurts your feelings. I don't have any feelings that I show, so you'll never see me. You don't react like that in public. But everybody has something that is their thumb screw that will like piss them off in some way.
Speaker 1: Ship, So are you saying that the law saying, we're all saying.
Speaker 5: We're all saying all fair and loving war until somebody says something we don't like about us, and then we're like that person went too far.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, it's messy, it's messy. It's mess. It ain't no point to try to make any logical sense of it. It's mess. It's a whole bunch of noise and people are entertained.
Speaker 17: But do you think it's going to be just like a Because you think it's gonna be mad beef records coming now for I think I'm all for if they keep it in the before that as long as if you said something earlier, that's true when we say keep it on the records.
Speaker 5: Nowadays, we're not even talking about street stuff. Now we're talking about don't do none of the goofy stuff like go to social media and get on Instagram live, don't be tweeting, don't be doing sketches, getting that booth and make some records.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, yes, thank you guys, and make sure if you guys are in La Grammy Weekend, we're gonna be kicking it office Certified Vibe Live, which is of course to spin off of the past the Arc segment and it's an R and B night. So we actually have Grammy nominated artist Kenyon Dixon here in the stage, followed by Josh Levi, Leighton Green, Odena Daru, Jack Freeman. So we have a good little lineup. So to make sure you guys pull up on me at the Peppermint Club.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Nala.
Speaker 6: When we come back, we got the People's Choice mix. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, everybody in stej n V Charlamagne de goud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got a salute to DMC from run DMC for joining us this morning, the legend DMC. Man, make sure you go get everything DMC got out, DMC.
Speaker 5: Darrow makes comics, he got a comic book out, he got his memoir out Ten Ways and Not Commit Suicide. He got a children's book out, Daryl's Dream. And he's got cookies DMC cookies.
Speaker 1: Arrol makes cookies.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I love to see people you know, creating product and pushing their product. So salute to the icon DMC. All right, and they got their documentary documentary February first, called Doctor Series on Pea Cock King from Queens.
Speaker 1: That's right. And also Earthquake, oh.
Speaker 5: Man, Salute to the good brother Earthquake Man, hilarious, one of the best out here, doing it always for years, from def Comedy Jam, the BT Comic View to you know everything he's doing now he's got a show on serious satellite radio Quake's House.
Speaker 1: So salute to the good brother Earthquake.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 6: Positive notice to Breakfast Club, Good morning Wanning everybody, adj NV, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. Is shot to get hu out of here. Charlamon, you've got a positive note?
Speaker 5: I do, man, and you know the positive note is just about no one when to move on, right knowing when to move on.
Speaker 1: So so it's it's simple.
Speaker 5: It's okay to walk out of someone's life if you don't feel like you belong in it anymore.
Speaker 1: Have a blessed day, breakfast club bitches, do y'all finished or y'all done