Speaker 1: It's the secrets of success experience firsthand by marketing and Brandon expert Rashan McDonald. I will know he's giving me advice on many occasions. And in case you didn't notice, I'm not broke. You know he'll be interviewing celebrity CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry decision make because it's what he likes to do, it's what he likes to share. Now it's time to hear from my man, Rashan McDonald money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome to my show. It's my day, my day to talk, and when I talk, I'd like to bring in my friends. Hi'm Rashan McDonald host the weekly Money Making Conversation Masterclass show. The interviews and information that this show provides off for everyone. It's time to stop reading other people's success stories and start living your own. On the show today is the legendary comedian and actor George Wallace. He got his pre comedy start as a money making advertising executive. A lot of people know that. Everybody know if it's a funny guy, funny actor, but he now he's a renowned comedian. George Wallace just finished filming his Sitcom, Clean Sight Slate with normally the other incredible producer Good Times, Jefferson's All Those Shows Back in the Day, and the Laverne Clock Laverne Cox a Cox Laverne Cox now September is My Secret to Success storytelling series. My guess is Zara Carson. She has a secret she wants to share with the world. For three decades, Czar has worked to understand human behavior. How we are wired and that's always a word we hear all the time, being wired? How are you wired? How to rewire and move beyond our fears to be the best possible version of ourself Fear Fear stops us in so many levels of opportunity. The result is her proven road map to wealth, health and happiness. She is the author of Six Weeks to Happy, The Ultimate road Map to retrain your brain for better health, greater abundance, and long lasting peace and happiness. Is the best selling manual that God's readers and retraining their brains to enhance their mental and emotional well being. Please welcome to the Money Making Conversations Masterclives, Zara Carson. How do you knowing? Miss Carson?
Speaker 4: Are you great? Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just let everybody make me feel good. How important you are. You're calling from where right now? I'm talking to you in? What country are you're in right now, Miss Carson.
Speaker 4: I'm in Paris friends tonight, and.
Speaker 3: So it's midnight right there, right midnight in Paris. Well, thank you for staying up late to get this interview in. Uh again, it's important for me to talk to that. I know we missed on several occasions trying to talk about rewiring. You know, I always talk about in this show, mon Making Conversations, Master Class, Miss Cars, and about fear. A lot of people allow fear to stop their decision making. And I always tell people fear can stop you a lot with stopping a relationship, can stop you in the job, opportunity, can stop you from just stepping out of the house, can stop how you deal with your kids. Let's talk about that before we start talking about happiness, Let's talk about fear.
Speaker 4: I'm so I'm glad you brought this up, because you know, I mean, it really is the missing piece. I think people talk about mindset, and people talk about moving beyond, but there's a piece of so many people don't understand and that we are five percent conscious mind ninety five percent subconscious. And what that means is our subconscious as main directive is to keep us safe in its survival base. So we are actually wired for survival. And sometimes that wiring can interfere with our goals towards happiness and success. And so we think we're trying to work through fear, but we don't really know where it's coming from. It's good in this book and in this methodology, which is a rewire mindset system to teach people the tool to move beyond fear is to actually figure out where the source of stress and anxiety and fear is coming from and to be able to recognize which particular subconscious patterns are operating within them. Because the thing about a pattern is once you you can't unseee it. And that's the beauty.
Speaker 3: And so so you say, once you fear, you cannot unfeared. That's what you just say it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my apologies. Once you see your patterns, once you can actually name and notice what your patterns are, right, you can't unknow them. You've seen them show up and you can recognize them and say, oh my god, I'm doing that thing again that I do in my relationships. I'm pushing people away because why because it's survival based. So what we do is we have five main limiting beliefs that live in your unconscious, subconscious wiring, and they are common to all human beings. I have worked with teenagers, I have worked all the way up to sea level executives and global entrepreneurs, and I can promise you even those global entrepreneurs that are running multimillion dollar companies, they all have a couple of these same five fears. And we all have them, and we all know the top one, the most common one is that I'm not good enough, or I'm not as smart enough, or I'm not educated enough. It takes many many.
Speaker 3: Basically I'm not good. Just basically I'm not good.
Speaker 4: I'm not good, or I'm not enough right, those are the main permutations of that. Then there's I'm not deserving of love. Until we believe that we are subconsciously. It's not something we consciously think. There's something running in our background that says I'm never going to find the love I deserve, maybe because I don't look the way I'm supposed to look, or I'm not as successful as I want to be, but we make up some sort of story to explain why it's running in our background without realizing it's run now.
Speaker 3: So basically they're destroying their opportunities based on their internal I guess self conscious would would you say that they are self conscious about their their potential flaws that they only are recognize What is that?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's not self conscious. I would say self conscious is when you have an awareness when you're operating in that five percent of the conscious mind. The self conscious requires for you to be conscious or aware of it. Unconscious is everything else, all learning, behavior and change that you really want to access, operates in the ninety five percent that you are not even aware of and therefore not conscious of. So that's why we use the term subconscious unconscious. It sort of happens as automatically as blinking or walking. When we're walking down the street, we don't think about which foot we're putting in front of the other. We don't think about how to transfer our weight into that leg. As we take a step, it just happens. We just think I'm moving forward, or our moving sideways, or now I'm going to turn, and it happens. So that's kind of how it operates. So I'll give you an example. You wake up first thing in the morning. Most people don't wake up rested and full of joy and fully excited. Most people, even me, we wake up exhausted, right, get a fleet. So the pattern starts right from the second we wake up. Then you start thinking about your day. So whatever your morning routine is, you go for that coffee, you hit the shower, You're getting ready for your work day, and all of a sudden, you start thinking those same sets of thoughts and the same feelings start to go with it. Oh my gosh, what do I have on the table today? What's on my schedule today? Do I have to get the kids? Said? I'm ready for school? You know what meetings do I have? How am I going to get to everything? And you start to wonder do I have all the energy? Do I have all of the resources to get everything done? And then all of the feelings go with it. Oh my god, you start feeling the stress and the anxiety and the nervousness, and you already start feeling irritated and worried, and so those over time, those thoughts and feelings get bundled together. Think of like think of your brain like a series of.
Speaker 3: When you're talking like this, it's also it can be tied to the environment you walk into, like if you walk in if you know, if you're being bullied at school okay teenagers, or at a job that you don't like your coworkers, your co workers don't make you feel comfortable. So so you know, because I'm a big person that always talk about because I get up at four thirty Monday through Friday, get up in the morning, and I always tell people I don't I'm not happy to get up, but my goal is to get up, you know. Like that's why I laugh when you say that's true. When you get up, You're not exactly whoo I'm up? Man, what I'm gonna do? You get up because that's part of the process. You have to get up to accomplish your task. And so when I'm hearing you talk like I always know that. I tell people when I get up at four thirty, I get up because there's a window where it's Rushaun McDonald's time where I can do whatever I want. I don't have to worry about anybody because at that time, at the time of the day that I'm up, the morning, I'm up, nobody else is up. So if I want to watch TV, I want to watch ESPO Layer. If I want to go back to bed and nap another fifteen minutes, I have that option, but most people do. I've found, and as you want your thoughts on this, is that they get up and they'll pinned against their time, the clock. If they get up at six, they got to be somewhere at eight, I'll be somewhere at seven. So there are their mindset is never relaxed. They wake up to me, yeah, at at a hyper speed. And I think that's a problem.
Speaker 4: Correct that it's exactly right. You're describing it in a slightly different way what I was describing as the pattern when somebody is in their routine, their automatic, automatic way of being. They wake up and they're already in their routine and I, oh, I gotta get up. I gotta do these right, so I got to get to my job. And it's an uninspired way of living. You have chosen a different mindset where you wake up and you say you're being intentional with how you spend your time, and you're saying, I'm going to make this a productive day. I'm going to create and achieve whatever goal of that I set out to achieve. And it's a very different mindset, and it's the mindset of entrepreneurs. They wake up and they have a very clear, intentional morning routine. I've met some entrepreneurs that wake up and meditate. I've met others that meet other entrepreneurs and go for long walks and have interesting discussions on what's going on in the global economy, what's going on in their businesses, what amazing books have they read. So they're inspiring and learning from each other. And it's an incredible way to start the day, because when you start your day off on the foot of greatness, the rest of your day can't fly down so fast from there.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't start my day off you know a Dion Sanders was doing in the football game. You know, I got it. I gotta. I got to get in a metaphysical conversation to really get my mind right, that's what you're telling me.
Speaker 4: Well, I think all it starts with is if you just take ten minutes to start your day right and just ask yourself this one simple question, how do I want to feel today? And most people wouldn't choose to feel stressed and tired and worried about money or time or energy. Most people would say, I would love to feel certain and capable or peaceful and calm and happy and knowing that everything is just going to go incredibly well today. And then you take that set of feelings and you start to visualize your day, which is what Olympic athletes do, It's what top entrepreneurs do. They see the end game, see what their goals look like once they've already achieved them. And once you get into that mindset, it starts to rewire your brain because the same set of thoughts and feelings I described earlier, when you're in your automatic, usual way of being, your old routine, is that's a very deflating and uninspired way to live because you just keep It's like Groundhog Day. You wake up and you're just going to keep running the same day over and over. It's exhausting. If you want to wake up and have a life you really love, you have to be intentional. So even taking an extra ten minutes. Listen, I'm not going to wake up before thirty in the morning like you do.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, come on, join me.
Speaker 4: No, I will not do it. I will wake up at seven, right if I need you, I'll wake up really, But if I will wake up at seven, and I will take that ten to twenty minutes per day to start my day on the right place.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the key right there, what you're saying, you are taking time for you, whether it's at four point thirty or seven o'clock. Don't just wake up and just go. And that's what so many people. They wake up and go, they hit this news button, suddenly they up against the clock and things like that. So that's the part that I think that from a standpoint of why I'm so excited about talking FIRSTU, for you have a fantastic relaxing voice. I feel like I need to be on some couches. You know, tell me more, doc, tell me more. What am I doing wrong? And when you look at your background, I'm talking to Zara Carson. Our backgrounds degree in psychology, a degree in Applied Positive Psychology neuroscience, certified as a Master in LP practitioner. If you don't know what that is, Sharpened main senses and develop your intuition, which she does or she talks to you now and life coach and Master hypnotherapists. Yes, you got it all covered, because you know. The thing about it is that I don't know if I live in an intense life, but I do know multitasking enables me to do a lot, and I don't know if that's a good thing a bad thing, because it's just another layer of pressure. And when I when I when I read your book and about in six weeks, I love things that put me in a timeline six weeks to happy, the ultimate road map to retrain your brain for better health, greater abundance and long lasting peace and happiness. Let's start with better health.
Speaker 4: Why is it?
Speaker 3: How does in your book do you get to better health? And then we let's ask that part when we come back from break then we get to other breakdown areas of the book, because I think it's important that people don't under stress can determine how you live your life from a healthy perspective.
Speaker 4: Correct, Oh my gosh, it's everything. If you know stress. Our bodies are like think of a wear and tear on your car. So over time you need to get an oil change, you need to get a service for it to run well. Well. What we don't realize going through the same day in day out routine is we're putting so much stress on our bodies because we're not handling ourselves well mentally and emotionally in terms of our mental emotional health. And so your physical body is not just in terms of what you need in terms of nutrition, exercise, and sleep. Your physical body then starts acting like an alarm belt for when things are not being handled in other aspects of your life. And so when you can get in control, like being you know, like starting your day with intentions, by choosing how you want to think and feel, choosing to be calm, choosing to feel peaceful, versus just waking up and automatically stepping into your stress mode. What it does is it allows you to reprogram your brain, your central nervous system, back to its other state of calm might say, other state. It's because we are always in a stressful state. We are always in that fighter plight mode. We're always on the go in today's busy day and age, and so we've forgotten that we actually have a natural ability to be calm. And so part of what I teach in this book is to teach people what stress does to the body and how to retrain your brain and your central nervous system back to calm. And the amazing thing is when you start looking after your mental and emotional health, when you can quiet the mind and you have the tools to be mindful, to be able to stop and pause and just slow the roll and calm yourself down, get yourself back to retraining your brain back to calm. Your physical health also improves all of a sudden. Chronic fatigue disappears, chronic inflammation disappears, health issues, high blood pressure, heart risk, autoimmune disorders. They're all stress related. So if you get in control of your mental and emotional health by understanding how stress impacts you and how to choose healthier ways of living mentally and emotionally, all of a sudden, your physical health is also going to improve. It's profound. I promise you we have seen unbelievable shifts in health when people just start looking after their stress levels and make smarter choice.
Speaker 3: The book is Six Weeks to Happy. I'm talking to Zara Carson. When we come back, we can continue this conversation because six weeks can change your life. You're listening to Money Making Conversations Masterclass.
Speaker 5: HBCUs represent lack excellence. If you attend or are an alumnus of an HBCU, we want to hear about your story. So my HBCU Story Digital Library will allow current HBCU students and alumni to share their stories. More information is available at HBCU College Day dot com. You can upload a photo. The photo can be recent or from when you attended your HBCU. More information is available at Hbcucollege Day dot com.
Speaker 6: Programming is made possible in part by support from thirty eight to fifteen Media, led by Emmy and n DOUBLEACP Image Award winning television producer Rashawn McDonald. Thirty eight fifteen Media offers social media management, podcast production, designs logos, and develops websites. Additional services include brand management and career development consulting services. More information is available at four seven zero six eight eight three eight one five or via email at info at thirty eight fifteen Media dot com.
Speaker 2: Keep winning now, Let's return to Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rashawn McDonald.
Speaker 3: Hi, you doing this is Rashawn McDonald. I'm interviewing Zara Carson. She owns a degree in psychology Applied positive Psychology. Neuroscience and it is certified as a Master NLP practitioner, which means he sharpens in your main senses and develop your intuition and life coach as well as a master hypnotherapist. Welcome back to the show, Zara. When you talk about we talked about fear, would like I said, it's important to leave with fear because a lot of people ignore that it can stop them from getting to happiness. What does happiness mean to you?
Speaker 4: It's an interesting definition because it really is a unique formula. I think if you want to incorporate everything in happiness, it needs to include optimal physical wellbeing, because if you don't have your health, you have nothing. And it include being really intentional with your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, so really being in a state of flow where you are in control of your life, in control of your choices, able to choose how to navigate your emotions, and being an optimal energized house so you can live an exciting and vital life. So, you know, it's a long way to describe it, but I think it needs all of those things. I think you can be successful and not you know, I think you can be happy and you can be successful, but I don't think real success comes unless you are healthy and happy at the same time.
Speaker 3: Because you know, it's really interesting because so many people try to achieve happiness with different ways. A lot of people use alcohols, some people use drugs. Some people feel they have to be in a relationship to be happy. You know, a lot of people fear loneliness, which stops them from being happy because they never get to understand themselves. So when you look at those different and listening and that reason I list your degrees because that means that you're a learned person, So it means you encountered a lot of not only real life situations, but book information allows people to understand what the true measure of happiness is. Does it start at a certain age that you should really look in the mirror and say it's all about you and defining your happiness?
Speaker 4: You know, I think I was in search for that answer. So it's a great question. And it took me thirty years of self analysis, study and so many different fields just to kind of understand what is the signs of happiness, Like if we could give people a formula, what does that look like? And it was so interesting because I was coaching so many people from so many different walks of life, and as a coach, you learn how to help people achieve their goals. And this is what we think happiness is. Right, we come into this life with very few instructions. You're told to do well in school, then pick a career, pick a job, and decide to do that. Then get the house, get the kid, get the car, get the you know, and all of a sudden, happiness will show up. But that's not how it works, and so we don't really we're never asked what makes you happy? What are the things that really bring you joy? What makes you feel alive, what makes you feel peaceful? And so what I came to understand and working with all of my clients is I was trying to help visualize their goals is very few people could actually tell me that they would be any happier once they achieved them. So I said, oh, my goodness, what is missing here? This is profound. This is a major gap in what I thought we were all doing. We were all doing life wrong in a way, right, And I said, what is this missing piece? And I said, Oh, my gosh, we don't even know ourselves well enough to know what is that magic formula for us? Because it's unique. Your diet, Rashaan and your morning routine is going to be different than your partner, your kids, your business partner, your friends, the way I eat, even the meals we choose, it's going to be completely different. So it is unique to you as it is unique to me and everyone else. So it really is a magic formula just for you. And so what I came to do is I broke down all of the areas of your life financial, emotional. What do you need in terms of love, affections and sex? What do you need in terms of financial stability slash freedom. I like to use freedom because everyone wants financial stability, but I want freedom. I want to be excited about my life. You know, what are the things you need in terms of intellectual mental stimulation, What are the things you need in terms of physical stimulation in your physical environment? What do you need socially? So I've given people a free tool that they can download from our website called the Happiness Planner, and they can figure out what is it that really makes them feel so alive and so optimized in terms of their mental health, emotional health, and really gives them energy like what would be a life that really excites them? And what that does is it gives them a really clear guide for who they are now and how they're living their life and what they actually would like if they could choose everything they wanted, and they can then see the gaps and from there we have somewhere to work with. And so the other thing I did was I also created something to help people understand. You talked about fear at the start of this some thing to help people understand a quick and playful way for them to understand what their fear patterns are. And it's called the Life Block Quiz, And they can take this quiz for free in seven to ten minutes, and they can figure out what's their major life block in terms of love, in terms of creating wealth, in terms of feeling safe, in terms of feeling loved and supported, in terms of being able to create a life that they really and truly are excited by. And so we have a couple of tools that are available for your audience, so they can just go and at.
Speaker 3: Least start should they go, Do you have a website they they can you can mention on the air right now to tell them.
Speaker 4: To go absolutely absolutely, they can go to six weeks to happy dot com.
Speaker 3: Is that the number six or just to spell it out.
Speaker 4: It's both. Okay, we have both, so just go to six weeks to happy dot com and just click the link take the quiz. That's the very first step to figure out what are your fear patterns and what it shows you is of the five limiting beliefs, there are ten animal archetypes, so you actually get to see your personality mapped out in terms of different values. What are the things that are important to you? What are your behavioral patterns in terms of money, wealth and success. What are your behavioral patterns in terms of how you interact with others when you're in relationship. What happens to you when this fear pattern gets triggered. What do you do to push people away? What do you do to interact with that survival mechanism that's operating within you, and how to know when it's not serving you, when it's preventing you from achieving your life goals. And that's the first step. So it's really a fun and playful way for people to get to know themselves better and really get to see what is stopping them in their lives.
Speaker 3: We know because we don't know. We really don't know. We talk to people that don't mean that we know that person knows you. You can be married to somebody for a long time doesn't mean that person knows you. Because we all hide stuff from each other, we hide it out of fear. We hide because it makes us feel weak. It might make us feel that we don't know, we're ignorant, or we are a lot a lot of We open a lot of doors that but failed to close them because as long as they say open, you know, bad information keep coming in. Sometimes we need to close these doors off. And it's really important that when I brought I'll be honest with you. You are in our guests. I've done this show a lot in five years, and a half hour is disserviced to you. I need to just really let you know that. Unfortunately I have to wrap this up and like in a minute, and you are. What you're saying to me allows me to have an honest conversation. I think that that's important and I hope my listeners who are listening to this realize this is an interview by the honesty, Honesty about yourself and what you're trying to accomplish and stop denying your truths. And it's tied to fears, it's tied to relationship, is tied to wait, it's tied to jobs. It is so many different things that can stop you to happiness. And I can assure you the path, the path to happiness is not tied to drugs, is not tied to alcohol. It's not tied to anything that you have to inject in your system to get you motivated to feel good, you have to dig deep. And that is what your book is all about.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yes, correct. I think the piece that's missing in it though, over sean is I want to say, you know, most people don't. It's not that they're choosing not to face their fears, it's that they really don't know. We're not aware of them. And the reason is is because we think we're the only ones getting it wrong. We're the only ones that's this feeling of I'm not enough, I'm not smart enough, I'm not deserving or capable of wealth and success, and we look around us and we think everybody else seems to know the secret to life but us. And so this lifeblock quiz actually helps you tap in, and I promise you it is related to one hundred percent of human beings. If you are a human being, you have at least two of these patterns operating within you. Nobody gets to escape this. It's part of the human journey, and it's part of your soul's journey to go through all of these changes to be able to learn how to become the best version of yourself. So it's a lot of what you said, but there's a piece of it that was missing. And I just want to impose on people that it's something that we're not aware of. And it's my job or my choice to want to help people to bring this to the surface so we can all heal, so we can all move past fear and come to a place of love, health, wealth and success because we are all deserving in it. Wow.
Speaker 3: My name is Zara Carson. Degrees of many Psychology apply a positive psychology all right, Master Hypnotherapist, Life coach. She's been coaching me on air. I hope she'd coached you into a better game plan of life again. As we go, can you give us that website one more time as we close out the interview?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, just go to six weeks to happy dot com and start on the road to happiness and success today.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate you calling me from Paris, and I know this is a midnight call, and I believe me you sound wide awake to me, Ede because you woke me up. And I think all my listeners who are listening to the show today because fantastic advice. Thank you for coming on the show, Money Making Conversation Masterclass.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me Rashaan, such a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts.