Speaker 1: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something you could hold. Is it a reason he gave me donkey other day? And I deserve that people need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 2: I am you had the boys tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. It's a read. But you're so good at Charlamagde, you know what he wants Charlomade, Yeah, Solommeame, who do you beve with dusk the other day?
Speaker 3: Soon? Now?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Sexy red donkey today for Monday, January twenty ninth goes to Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 1: Charlie Kirk as a radio talk show host.
Speaker 3: He founded Turning Point USA, and he had something to say in regard to the New York City councilman use of Salam. Recently, Councilman use of Salam got pulled over here in New York.
Speaker 1: City for having ten and windows.
Speaker 3: The irony of this story is that he got pulled over while on a call about police stops.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Fox five for the report.
Speaker 2: Police counselman Usef Salam, one of the exonerated members of the Central Park five, says he was stopped by police Friday night without an explanation in the statement that the council member says, in part quote, I introduced myself as Councilman Yusef Salaam and subsequently asked the officer why I was pulled over. Instead of answering my question, the officer stated we're done here and proceeded to walk away. The NYPD released bodycam video. At no point do we hear Salam asking the officer why he was stopped.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm also contecktive from the Swiss six pacing. Salam follow, council Member, this district district master. Okay, how about one? Yeah.
Speaker 2: The officers pulled over Salam's blue Sedan for driving with dark tinted windows beyond legal limits, a violation of New York state law.
Speaker 3: Councilman Salam said the interaction called into question how NYPD stops New Yorker's Salaam and other members of the city council have pushed the NYPD and Mayor Eric Adams for greater reporting on all stops, including low level interactions. I'm sure we will have more conversations about that in the future. Counselmen, Salama, you're walcome to come up here at any time. To discuss, but I want to talk about Charlie Kirk and his tweet he posted about the situation.
Speaker 1: This is Charlie Kirk's tweet. I'm gonna read it verbatim. Okay.
Speaker 3: He tweeted New York City Council in use of Salam, who once took part in the gruesome gang rape of a jogger in Central Park, is now furious that an NYPD officer dared to pull him over for having I legally tended windows. Salam wasn't even arrested or given a ticket, but after getting away with gang rape, he apparently thinks he deserves to be completely above the law.
Speaker 1: What a disgusting pig.
Speaker 3: Now, in light of EG and Carol winning a defamation lawsuit against Donald Trump for eighty three point three million dollars, I would think folks, especially those of us who speak for a living, okay, would move a little differently.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 3: I don't know how old you are, but I would implore you to watch when they see us on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay. It details the story of the Central Park five and.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing for you to know, the biggest thing for you to know, if you just dig your.
Speaker 1: Googles just a little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing for you to know is that all of the Central Park five was exonerated when the true attacker confessed to the crime and was linked to the crime by DNA evidence. Now, Charlie, you said Councilman Salam got away with gang rate.
Speaker 1: Clearly that wasn't true.
Speaker 3: And in twenty fourteen, the Central Park five sued New York City for wrongful conviction and violation of their civil rights, eventually winning a forty one million dollars settlement. How much would YOUSUF get for suing you, Charlie Kirk, for defamation?
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 3: See, we live in a world where people just say things, and you can't go after everyone who just says things, because if you did, then you would be going at people all day. But when certain people say certain things, you may have to make an example out of them because of who they are. Charlie Kirk, you have a voice, a voice that people listen to. Folks follow you, they follow turning points. And when you put out this kind of false information, this kind of fake news, there has to be consequences and repercussions. You can't accuse it man of gang rape when that man has been exonerated of said gang rape and DNA evidence linked someone else to the crime. No, no, no, no, no no no, you ow use of salam and apology, and even with that apology, I don't know if that's enough for a counterman salam all right? The damage a tweet like this can do to his reputation simply because people don't read, and people don't care to have their facts create the emotional harmness can cause to use to finished family. I just don't understand why someone in your position, Charlie Krek, would be so reckless with their words. Even if you feel like what you said is true, it don't matter because the facts are the facts, and your feelings are not facts, and the facts do not care about your feelings. You call this man a disgusting pig. If Trump just lost the defamation lawsuit eighty three point three million because he called Egene carl Or whack job, how much do you get for accusing an innocent man of gang rape and calling him a disgusting pig. I'm sure accountsman use of salam got better things to do, but maybe his lawyers don't, Charlie, I believe you should apologize. You should apologize because the bank account you saved by apologizing maybe your own.
Speaker 1: Please let me me Mark, give Charlie Kirk the biggest he haw.
Speaker 4: He haw, he ha.
Speaker 1: You stupid motherfuck? Are you dumb? But even with that apology, the damage is done. Damage, The damage is done. Damage is done.
Speaker 4: That man spent nearly seven years in prison.
Speaker 1: I thought it was longer.
Speaker 4: Seven said nearly seven years. Nearly seven years. He was exonerated, starting his life over.
Speaker 1: He's a counselman.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Now somebody comes with a lie. Jesus Christ, what's that worth? I don't know, I really do know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Trump just lost the definitemation lawsuit for eighty three point three million just because he was accused of something he said he didn't do it, and he called the woman a whack job. So you call somebody a disgusting pig for something that they got exonerated from in a court of law. DNA evidence linked well not it, it's somebody else, and that person that it was linked to confessed to the crime.
Speaker 1: We're not the.
Speaker 4: Discussing pig part. It's all everything else that he said. You said the gang Grave and all that.
Speaker 1: It's alid to me. That's all in one, all right, Well, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 4: Sorry, now when we come back, just Niche will be joining us.
Speaker 1: She's a comedian out of shy Town.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to her next, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.