Speaker 1: Charlade, some donkey to days just saw themselves. Ready, I never heard them.
Speaker 2: Dunkey said it again, Charlama, Yes you are.
Speaker 1: Charlottelage the same. That's true.
Speaker 2: Don'get to day for Tuesday, January thirtieth goes to a Chicago man named Mohammad Work who I think I pronounce his name right.
Speaker 1: Soon's everybody in Chicago. Now.
Speaker 2: This is a very interesting story to me because a model that I live by is something my grandmother and mother always told me, and that is man as will take you where money won't. I believe that wholeheartedly. I think that it costs nothing to be kind and people will always remember.
Speaker 1: How you made them feel.
Speaker 2: Okay, people will forget things you did, they will forget things you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. Remember that, Okay. When I tell you this story, I tell all the youngs around me, all my nieces and nephews. When you working with people, but you want to be sad about you when you leave them, is that you were a pleasure to work with Because once again, manners will take you where money won't.
Speaker 1: That's right. Bad manners close open doors.
Speaker 2: Good manners will make you matter in life, your manners open doors that you know your beauty can't open and buy you things your money can. Okay, and this brother Muhammad Work who clearly believes the same. See Muhammad is a bank robber, Ladies and gentlemen. Yes, I can confidently call him a bank robber because he robbed two banks. Okay, once is a coincidence, twice as a pattern, and he did it twice.
Speaker 1: But he didn't just do it.
Speaker 2: See he walked into one bank with a note that said pay it back soon and then less than seventy two hours after he was acquitted of uh and this was less than seventy two hours after he was acquitted of committing a similar bank robbery.
Speaker 1: Okay, gather around, let me tell you the story.
Speaker 2: See two years ago Muhammad Worked who walked into a local bank and pressed a note against the glass that read give me the money, please, thank you, And he left with five hundred and ninety five dollars. He was found about a half hour later with about one hundred dollars less in the note that said give me the money please thank you, still in this possession. Okay, But let me tell you why our court system is flawed. Because in court, work Who's attorney argued that even though he committed a crime, it did not amount the robbery because she said robbery involved stealing something by force or intimidation. So his attorney married judge claimed there was no implicit or explicit threats of any kind. Who knew you could go into a bank just be nice, Just be polite and ask for what you want and you shall receive it.
Speaker 1: Well, look at this.
Speaker 2: If you have ever been refused credit or alone, all you had to do was be nice. If you got a history of mispayments, the possible fraudulent activity on your life, don't worry about it. You can still get alan. Just smile and say give me all the money please.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, a jury agreed with his lawyer, and work Who, who was thirty one years old, was released from custody this past Friday. So one Monday afternoon, armed with his new knowledge of juital system, empowered by the fact that he didn't do anything because he was nice about it, he then walked into another bank and handing an employer a note that said, please give me the money.
Speaker 1: I'll pay it back soon.
Speaker 2: Banker's gift, Yes, gife I don't know if he was trying to spell give a gift, but he said banker's gift gife. I don't know what he meant, was a gift to give anyway, bankers give me in advance. Well, it worked again, and the bank teller gave work Who more than two thousand dollars and allowed him to walk out before calling the police.
Speaker 1: First of all, dropping the clues bombs for that bank tellerphone.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you didn't try to be a hero, because that bank ain't dying for you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Chase is simply the name of a bank. It is not an action you should do when someone robs one. Okay, just let them walk away. Now, let me continue to explain this story. The teler described work who is wearing a surgical mask, neon green gloves, and a neon green win a cap. Investigators later found Surveiller's footage of a man wearing guess what, the green hat, the gloves, and buying clothing a backpack at a nearby Target store, so they arrested him just about half an hour after the alleged robbery, with two hundred dollars less than what he had been given at the bank.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know how I know Mohammad doesn't think he's committing any crimes because in both cases he didn't try to get rid of any evidence, still wearing the clothes he committed the crime, man still holding on to the note that he used to commit the crime. And now he is set to be charged with both bank robbery and bank theft, which do not require force or intimidation. His lawyer, who got him off initially married judge, says that this is a more appropriate charging decision. In fact, she said because of the jury is not guilty verdict. I believe the government is now charging both bank robbery and bank theft, and a case where there is not evidence of force or threat of force. I think they have to throw the book at the man simply because you have to make an example.
Speaker 1: Are you going to have a generation of polite.
Speaker 2: Well mannered crooks right thinking they can get away with crimes simply by saying please and thank you? And that's not how any of this works. Because here's the thing. People judg on how they act, not what they say. Folks can say anything, remember what I said earlier? People will forget you know what you said? Okay, But they won't forget how you made them feel. You have to follow that up with actions. If you have manners and you say please and thank you but then do something foul, that's not good manners. Okay, having good man is being polite, helpful, and respectful the others shows you have self respect.
Speaker 1: But robbing someone after you say please and thank you shows you do not. Please. Give Mohammed a work? Who the sweet sounds of the hamiltones?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the.
Speaker 3: Dog, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 2: Yee.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when folks say no disrespect.
Speaker 2: But but I think instead of saying no disrespect, you should just be like, please, man, I disrespect you.
Speaker 1: Please man, please this expect you. I'll apologize for it later. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you for that, dunkey to day. Yes, all right, now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Shout to Michael Blackton, comedian you know, friends to the room. He put a question out yesterday. He says, is it appropriate for your homie to ask your girlfriend how she is doing?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one context, does it matter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if me and my significant other are together and my homeboy walks up and he gives me a pound and he said something man, and he turns my wife and says, how are you no?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 4: I think he meant on the phone context checking up on her. So that's like your homie reaching out to your girl, your wife and saying, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: That is the context. But why why is he doing that? Like she sick?
Speaker 2: Like was there a car accident? Like did you just have baby? Like what is the reason she's doing that? Because that can happen on social media? Right if you know, like if you see your homie significant other on social media and you know something happened, you send a DM like, YO, you're good? Are you see her post something in the story and you reply back, oh, you're doing better?
Speaker 1: How you feeling? I'm saying contact matters?
Speaker 4: That needs a more context, it does eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, because you know the first thing you think, it's like, hell, I know my home we shouldn't be reaching.
Speaker 1: Out because you're just insecure.
Speaker 4: But when you think about it, like you said, I if somebody gets into a car crash, you like he just checking up on you, you're okay?
Speaker 1: Or if somebody just had a baby. Yeah, he congratulations, if I.
Speaker 2: Saw you, if I if I see her, if I see my homeboys girl out and about, I'm not gonna say, hell, what's up?
Speaker 1: How are you just right? What? Come on? Man? I need more context. You didn't give no contact.
Speaker 4: You didn't give no context. That's all he said. That was That was his context. That's all he said. Okay, that's all he said. But let's let's have this conversation. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. That's all he said. Is it cool for your homie to hit you up here? Hit up your girl and ask her how she's doing?
Speaker 1: Hit her up?
Speaker 4: I would it's soon on the phone. Let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Would you have a problem with? It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull lambingsoft. Don't be a donkey. When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.