Speaker 1: You don't hear me.
Speaker 2: I can't take back arms speaker.
Speaker 3: We got a text seventy five niney two that says I'm a reformed ex burglar, and I'll say everyone splashes out on defenses for their front door, dead bolts, chains, cameras, et cetera. But any professional burglar would never use that front door. Hardly anyone gives their back doors the same security and attention.
Speaker 4: Fyi, there's the welcome Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that's meant for the burglar.
Speaker 2: That's you know what.
Speaker 3: It's not the first man to come on this show and say they prefer the back door too. The thing is, we don't judge what door you use, whose house you burgle. We're just here to be a quiet soundboard for your secrets on the mass speaker judging.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could be a side door person. That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 3: We have a listener ready to come clean today. He's chosen to go by the name Jonathan. So Jonathan, welcome to the back door of our show.
Speaker 2: Easy with that, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: He come around front if you want. The voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker, Jonathan. Whenever you're ready let's hear your confession.
Speaker 2: So here it is, I work with my mother. Oh wow, wa again. So so my mom and my dad actually divorced a couple of years ago. Nothing to be sorry about. Gods, they still love each other, they just can't love each other in that way anymore.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: I like that's a healthy family, it feels like.
Speaker 2: So after getting a divorced, my mom decided that she wanted to get back into the workforce.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I was just assuming that you were working for a family business that had been running for a long time.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, no, no, we both work in corporate America. Oh interesting, Now here's the issue. Since now she has a job at the company I work at, I'm actually my mom's new boss.
Speaker 3: Oh weird, tables have turned.
Speaker 1: Remember that time when you told me I couldn't play video games?
Speaker 3: Now you go to your conference room.
Speaker 2: Well, as you guys can see, it's already a very weird dynamic. Yeah. Yeah, don't want at the office knows that that's my mom? What because it got divorced, she took on her maiden name again.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 4: No one knows.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows her and I had a conversation before applying that we would not let anybody know that we were family because honestly, it would rut our credibility. And you know, nepotism is already running rampant everywhere.
Speaker 1: Nepotism doesn't work the opposite way though, it's not like it's not usually parents writing on kids coattails, you know.
Speaker 3: But but you are just very aware of how it may look.
Speaker 4: It could ruin some things.
Speaker 3: At our company, we had somebody who was the son of like a.
Speaker 4: Higher up of the owner. Not higher up, as high up as you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like it was a little bit of a strange dynamic. I could see how the employees there would find it strange. It was weird for us because when he got in trouble, he get grounded, and she'd ship him off to other markets. So nobody knows she's your mom, and you've agreed to not let that information out.
Speaker 2: That the information's not out. She's been on board and she's doing incredible I mean, one of the most important people we have there now. But here's the worst part. All right, all still looks very good for her age, gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: Oh wait about mom, by the way, proud of her.
Speaker 3: But from your perspective, that's super awesome.
Speaker 4: She like is step it up after this divorce. Great jump, look, fantastic corporate America.
Speaker 2: Well look, I overheard some guys at the office talking about her finding out that she's single and that he wanted to ask her out.
Speaker 4: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: We guess what, that's my mom. You're not asking my mom out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, don't rock your mother coworkers day in her office relationship.
Speaker 4: He'll know about it. I would start the worst rumors about your mother.
Speaker 3: I mean, what can you really do though, like at that position, like without outing the fact that she's your mom.
Speaker 2: And I had him transferred to another build.
Speaker 3: Anybody that mentions your mom is pretty much getting demoted or sent away.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, I did not demote him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, here's okay different.
Speaker 1: You keep doing this, people are going to catch on and they're going to think that you're having an.
Speaker 4: Affair with your mom. I bet they have. You have like secret talks every once in a while.
Speaker 1: You've got a vibe where they're hiding something.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm going to protector at all call you.
Speaker 1: Don't want I mean, why would you want her to date a nice man with a good job.
Speaker 4: I'm good for you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, she's mommy. You go right home and you make me dinner. Okay, mommy. I mean, do you feel guilty about doing that and intervening?
Speaker 2: Well, not that one. That time, I don't feel guilty. The second time.
Speaker 3: I there's another one.
Speaker 2: What happened, Well, it was another guy. We're on the elevator together, and he's talking about it, like I heard she's single. You know, he's getting all hips about it. And I don't particularly like this guy. Anyway, everybody knows I'm the boss. I was like, I'm gonna be honest with you, guys. I've seen her records and there's a very very very recent trip to the doctor that you may not.
Speaker 3: I was to go to the clinic. That's lie you made up.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you're gonna get yourself fired. I would watch yourself.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like sharing information, even if it's false about employees medical records, is it's really dancing the I'm there before you know it, you're gonna get fired.
Speaker 4: Your mom's gonna take your job.
Speaker 2: Well, if I could find another of my moms and hire her, I would because she's doing phenomenal. She's number one in the off.
Speaker 3: That's great, and tell your hot mom if she wants to come work over in the company. She's more alum anytime.
Speaker 2: Bro Okay, don't have me get you fired.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: That's what I self.
Speaker 3: But text in seven eight, five, nine two if you have a confession you've been holding on to. We'll hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tap coming up right after that.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,