Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, but are you following it? That's important.
Speaker 2: Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 3: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 1: Hey wait a minute, No, no, not like that. Who here wants to get high?
Speaker 4: It's broken in the morning, appropriate, I mean high up into space?
Speaker 1: Guys, Come on, We're a family show.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that one now sounds so scary. I don't understand why people want to do it.
Speaker 5: People like, if you go to space for free?
Speaker 3: Would you know?
Speaker 1: I'm the people I work with.
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: Now I get. I get what Ellen DeGeneres was feeling.
Speaker 4: But now the thing is, I wanted to talk about oreos this morning because did you guys see they're coming out with something called space dunk Oreos.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're talking about three completely different things, are you stone?
Speaker 1: Where so space dunk Oreos?
Speaker 4: Instead of just the regular white cream filling, They've got a double layer of pink cream and blue cream with popping candy inside of it.
Speaker 1: I guess kind of like pop rocks.
Speaker 5: That is so smart, dude.
Speaker 3: Those look so unnatural and I want to eat them.
Speaker 4: So awesome, And the real reason that they're doing this and this goes back to my original question about getting high is because they're holding a sweep Steaks where the grand prize winner gets to ride high up to the edge of space one hundred thousand feet into the air and what's basically a giant hot air balloon.
Speaker 7: No, oh my gosh, No, you're gonna get yourself in a promotional hot air balloon run by a cookie company. No no, no, no, no, it's not real.
Speaker 1: Oreo isn't making the air balloon. If they're going through a professional radio.
Speaker 3: This is not.
Speaker 4: Saying, Jose, you recently conquered your fear of heights when you went back to Disneyland and wrote the Dumbo ride.
Speaker 5: So when did I conquer my fear?
Speaker 1: We're gonna enter your name into.
Speaker 4: This Oreo Corse hold on. You can choose to skip it and just take a cash payout of one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars Down.
Speaker 1: Already said that you're out on the Congress.
Speaker 4: Let's have the listener's way in texting out seven eight, five, nine two. Should Jose become a brave hero astronaut and go where no radio host has gone before?
Speaker 1: Correction or went out and just take the money yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm We're gonna move on and get into the shot dollar question of the day and send it on over to our own digital Jake, our own castronaut. Take it away, Jake.
Speaker 8: Well, this show is no stranger to hot Mess. It was Brook Brook Please cal him down. That's a coat rack course, it's just wearing a hat and jacket.
Speaker 4: Let go of him, Broke to put your hat on the cort know she needs to renew her subscription strong.
Speaker 8: But Jose used to live with a professional male model. You guys know that Alexis's workplace was plastered with photos of half naked dudes.
Speaker 5: Still is I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And Jeffrey started a charity called Trunks for Hunks. They were making small, biodegradable bathing suits for quote, underprivileged male beefcakes.
Speaker 1: It's a problem this world. We need to help them.
Speaker 8: But today you'll get the chance to flaunt your knowledge of the male species by naming winners of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive from the last two decades. So we're only going back to the year two thousand and four, so no one prior to that. In the most Attractive edition of Plenty of twenty and if you hear this sound. That means you've guessed the most recent winner and earned a silver save, giving you immunity from a future guess. So I drew a name out of a hat and Jose is starting us off today.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy I'm starting because I do not know this list. So the easiest one I would assume is George Clooney.
Speaker 8: George Clooney, easy, al right, two thousand and six People's Sexiest Man Alive.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was close to the on my list.
Speaker 8: I think we're going twenty four to twenty twenty three. Next is Alexis.
Speaker 3: I mean, I gotta take the easy one. My fave Michael B.
Speaker 9: Jordan.
Speaker 8: Michael B. Jordan was let me count back twenty twenty Sexiest Man Alive.
Speaker 1: Alexis is still safe.
Speaker 8: Brook is up next.
Speaker 1: She's going with the coke rack.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I'm gonna be safe. I'm gonna say Brad Pitt.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Brad Pitt did not make the list in any of the past twenty years.
Speaker 5: Brook would sweep this.
Speaker 1: He's like sixty years old now, so it's probably been a while.
Speaker 8: Twenty years he was not sexiest Man Alive, and the last twenty years a shocking defeat for brook Early here.
Speaker 6: I have such a.
Speaker 3: List I was writing down all these men.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go over to Jeffrey now, well, I've actually been confused with this person before, not on our faces for a different body part looks exactly the same.
Speaker 1: So give me David Beckham on this soccer.
Speaker 8: Star David Beckham. It's number nine on my list.
Speaker 3: I have so many I could help you with.
Speaker 5: I know, I feel so bad.
Speaker 8: I was like, this is Brooks things, It's more time for you in the coat rack.
Speaker 1: Yeahs Ose, We're back to you.
Speaker 5: Okay. I'm just going stereotypes here. I've never heard this list, I've never read it. I mean, I'm gonna go Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 8: Ryan Gosling did not make the list in the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: That's shocked.
Speaker 8: I have a few other ideas too. Down to our final two already. Wow, we've only gotten three correct answers so far. We're going back to Alexis. Alexis name one of the last twenty People's sexiest man alive.
Speaker 3: I think the year after Michael Jordan was Chris Evans.
Speaker 8: Chris Evans was two years after Michael beat Jordan. He's number two on my list. He was twenty twenty two's.
Speaker 6: List.
Speaker 10: Over to Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: This is a strong Alexis list right here.
Speaker 4: I think I definitely know one very personally. Although we've never met face to face. I have been in his apartment. Give me Channing Tatum.
Speaker 8: Channing Tatum number twelve on my he's in there. Back to Alexi.
Speaker 7: I wish I could remember last year's but I remember it was just someone kind of old who beat out Pedro piscal which.
Speaker 3: Was not happy about. Remember it's not fair Pedro not win. He didn't win last year. No, don't get me started. But I don't know if he's too young. I was Liam Hemsworth thought it Jake.
Speaker 8: Liam Hemsworth is not on my list.
Speaker 7: Of course, Jeffrey wins this one.
Speaker 3: Seriously.
Speaker 8: Wow, let me go over the list over here. Twenty twenty three would have been the silver save. That was Patrick Dempsey.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, that was the guy.
Speaker 3: Make dreamy Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean yes, the guys are winning right now, like Paul Rudd is up there.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty one was Paul Rudd. Twenty nineteen was John Legend twenty eighteen. Idris Elba twenty seventeen was very controversial. It was Blake Shelton. People were not happy about his every day twenty sixteen surprises didn't come up. Dwayne the Rock Johnson.
Speaker 10: I tripped him.
Speaker 1: Into coming to my hospital.
Speaker 8: Bed one twenty fourteen was Chris Hemsworth, not Liam, not Luke. Adam Levine was on the list. Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Matthew McConaughey. I was surprised, wasn't sad? And then a sneaky one two thousand and fours people Sexiest man alive was Jude law.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd never guess that one. Deel Washington off Mostly hot men.
Speaker 1: Mostly eighty nine's on that list if you ask me.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna choose who gets shocked today, and Brooke will be getting shocked.
Speaker 3: Because I only have eyes for my husband Joffrey.
Speaker 1: I see no other men.
Speaker 3: Literally, kept saying, how big of a list you have?
Speaker 6: Post?
Speaker 3: The list posts.
Speaker 1: Walson and you sexy thing by hot Chocolate?
Speaker 6: I believe it.
Speaker 1: Michael, where from you?
Speaker 3: Sex this?
Speaker 8: Where's that song?
Speaker 10: That song used to be? Everywhere?
Speaker 1: That's your shock collar?
Speaker 10: Question of the.
Speaker 6: Day, Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Lebron James, Serena Williams, Ricky Bobby, athletes who dedicated their entire lives training for their moment to become the best. And we have our own reigning champion of trivia right here on the show. Brook Fox, who's been at her desk all morning prepping, eating her breakfast egg and Clambourne reading up on the latest celebrity gossip, working on her trash talk to single moms. Yeah, preparing for this one shot to take on a listener.
Speaker 1: Anybody who's brave enough to face her.
Speaker 3: Only I could be as great as rookie Bobby will.
Speaker 4: Her champion stars Shine find out coming out. You know, I don't know how our male listeners feel about Valentine's Day coming up. But today's new player, Tony Yes says Valentine's Day is not even on his radar man just like Brooks husband.
Speaker 7: So hey, that better not be the case. It's his year, we swap and this is his year.
Speaker 1: Oh uh oh.
Speaker 7: Last year I scheduled a massage, a fancy dinner, I got dressed up, I showerk for God's sake, day doesn't show up.
Speaker 4: Sounds like someone's trying kind of hard to impressed their hand.
Speaker 7: But okay, Tony, why aren't you showing up for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 11: It's more than my wife, and I don't believe that you should just make one big day a year about your lucke.
Speaker 3: Okay, well said.
Speaker 7: Always my husband's excuse as well, and I'd like to point out to him, well, then why am I not getting flowers in movie? That would be great if all the other months there was actually something that happened then was romantic.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that sound like a happy, loving relationship that Brooks in, Tony, aren't you so so jealous that you're not married to her?
Speaker 11: Michael is a lucky guy?
Speaker 4: Answer me every day, Let's go send Brooks outside of the studio to rage text her husband out there, and while she leaves, let's explain the rules. You got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat brook outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I am all right?
Speaker 4: Good luck man. Your time starts now on this day in two thousand and nine. That's Sully Sullenberger successfully crashed Crash landed a US Airways flight on what New York River? On a standard keyboard? What does the abbreviated word ALT stand for?
Speaker 11: Alternate?
Speaker 4: America was the first country to use license plates on vehicles. True or false? In which sport would you win? The Federations Cup.
Speaker 11: Soccer?
Speaker 4: Aubergine is another name for what vegetable? All right, pass on the last one?
Speaker 1: Good work.
Speaker 4: Tony Brook's gonna come back into the studio, And I see on my screener here that Tony is a father of three. He says he listens to the show every day. In his favorite part is the second date update. That's sweet, which, by the way, if.
Speaker 1: You didn't know, and there's some people that might not know this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to hear our second date updates, you can go over to our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey. We post them up there every single day wherever you get your podcast, especially.
Speaker 7: And honestly, like if you're in the car and you like miss part of one, then the whole shows up on podcasts.
Speaker 3: But hey, Tony, what is the best part of being a dad?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 11: They make me laugh every day?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, free entertainment.
Speaker 11: The things they come up with, they come out of their mouth is just hilarious.
Speaker 4: Okay, now are you laughing with your children? Are you laughing at your children?
Speaker 3: Does it matter?
Speaker 11: We don't split hair?
Speaker 4: Jeffrey is yeah, Tony does sound like a good dad.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Brooks turn. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now on this day. In two thousand and nine, pilot Sully Sullenberger successfully crash landed a US Airways.
Speaker 1: Flight on what New York River?
Speaker 3: Hudson River on.
Speaker 4: A standard keyboard? What does the abbreviated word ALT stand for?
Speaker 3: Alternative?
Speaker 4: America was the first country to use license plates on vehicles true or false?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 4: In which sport? Would you win? The Federations Cup? Golf Aubergine is another name for what vegetable. In two thousand and five, the first ever NFL game outside America is held in which place? London, Germany or New Mexico's not New Mexico, London, Germany or.
Speaker 3: Mexico City London?
Speaker 1: All right, scoreboard, cough off the.
Speaker 12: Year shop yourself very hard to face.
Speaker 3: It's still on air, je, Tony, you got to correct today? Pretty nah?
Speaker 11: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Brock, you didn't get one extra question in and also to.
Speaker 1: Side does go to a house? On these?
Speaker 4: Tony, I apologize, but let's go. The answer is real quick. On this day in two thousand and nine, pilot Sully Sullenberger crash landed a US Airways flight successfully onto the Hudson River.
Speaker 3: That's a great movie. Did you guys see that one with Tom Hanks? It's really good.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert?
Speaker 4: Everybody survives, Yeah, everybody on a standard keyboard. What does the abbreviated word ALT stand for it? That's alternate. We did not get credit for that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like, you know, the keys with black eyeliner. Yeah, the Emo keys.
Speaker 1: Escape.
Speaker 4: America was the first country to use license plates on vehicles. That's false. France was actually the first, followed by Germany. Relate to the game, you'd win the Federation's Cup in the sport of tennis women's tennis, specifically, Aubergine's another name for an eggplant.
Speaker 5: And after immediately, the.
Speaker 4: First NFL game outside of America was held in Mexico City in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: The Cardinals played against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: That's such a high, high elevation, now, Tony, I'm sorry it wasn't quite enough to beat Brooke today.
Speaker 1: But just for playing you.
Speaker 4: Do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card, which is valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 11: Awesome.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you realize this, Tony, but today any of the losers of this game actually have to buy their why flowers.
Speaker 11: So I can that I can say, all right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking out for good Dady, good husband to thank you for playing, Tony.
Speaker 1: That was win Brooks Bucks.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: The other day, Alexis was telling us about how her parents blocked her from seeing her first PG thirteen movie.
Speaker 7: She Anne Hathaway, she is risky, very scandalous.
Speaker 4: I know my mom blocked me from listening to hip hop music for the first twenty three years of my life.
Speaker 3: Gosh that what happened?
Speaker 4: That is they were convinced much it would turn me into a back thirteen. Today, one of our listeners wants to confess that he's been dealing with the opposite. Instead of his parents blocking him, he's been actively blocking his mom without her knowing it. And it's so scandalous she might disown him. If she ever found out his secret, you're about to hear it in a brand you mass speaker coming up.
Speaker 10: I can't take back o arms mouse speaker.
Speaker 4: We got a text seventy five ninety two that says I'm a reformed ex burglar, and I'll say everyone splashes out on defenses for their front door. Yea, dead bolts, chains, cameras, et cetera. But any professional burglar would never use that front door. Hardly anyone gives their back doors the same security and attention.
Speaker 3: Fyi, there's the welcome Matt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that's meant for the burglar.
Speaker 1: That's you know what. It's not the.
Speaker 4: First man to come on this show and say they prefer the back door too. Thing is, we don't judge what door you use, whose house you burgle. We're just here to be a quiet soundboard for your secrets on the mass speaker judging.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could be a side door person. That'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Why not. We have a listener ready to come clean today. He's chosen to go by the name Jonathan. So Jonathan, welcome to the back door of our show.
Speaker 10: Easy with that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: He come around front. If you want, But the voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker, Jonathan. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 10: So here it is. I work with my mother.
Speaker 3: Oh wait.
Speaker 10: Again, So my mom and my dad actually divorced a couple of years ago. Nothing to be sorry about. Gods, they still love each other, they just can't love each other in that way anymore.
Speaker 3: All right, I like that's a healthy family, it feels like.
Speaker 10: So after getting a divorced, my mom decided that she wanted to get back into the workforce.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I was just assuming that you were working for a family business that had been running.
Speaker 6: For a long time.
Speaker 10: Okay, no, no, no, no, no, we both work in corporate America. Oh interesting, Now here's the issue. Since now she has a job at the company I work at, I'm actually my mom's new boss.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, weird tables have turned.
Speaker 7: Remember that time when you told me I couldn't play video games?
Speaker 4: Now you go to your conference room.
Speaker 10: Well, as you guys can see, it's already a very weird dynamic. Yeah yeah, don't want at the office knows that that's my mom. What Because it got divorced, she took on her maiden name again.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 3: No one knows.
Speaker 10: Nobody knows her and I had a conversation before applying that we would not let anybody know that we were family because honestly, it would rule our credibility. And you know, nepotism is already running rampant everywhere.
Speaker 7: Nepotism doesn't work the opposite way though, it's not like it's not usually parents writing on kids coattails, you know.
Speaker 2: But but you're just very aware of how it may look. It could ruin some things.
Speaker 4: I mean, at our company, we had somebody who was the son of like a.
Speaker 3: Higher up of the owner. Not higher up, as high up as you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it was a little bit of a strange dynamic. I could see how the employees there would find it strange.
Speaker 2: It was weird for us because when he got in trouble, he get grounded, and she'd ship him off the other markets.
Speaker 4: So nobody knows she's your mom, and you've agreed to not let that information out.
Speaker 10: That the information's not out. She's been on board and she's doing incredible, I mean, one of the most important people we have there now. But here's the worst part. All right, all still looks very good for her age, gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 3: Oh wait to know mom by the way.
Speaker 1: Proud of her. But from your perspective, that's super awesol.
Speaker 3: She like is step it up after this divorce.
Speaker 8: Great jump, look fantastic corporate America.
Speaker 10: Well look, I overheard some guys at the office talking about her finding out that she's single and that he won to ask her out.
Speaker 9: That's sweet.
Speaker 10: We guess what, that's my mom. You're not asking my mom out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, come on, don't rock your mother coworkers day in her office relationship.
Speaker 3: He'll know about it.
Speaker 5: I would start the worst rumors about your mother.
Speaker 4: I mean, what can you really do though, like at that position, like without outing the fact that she's your mom and I.
Speaker 10: Had him transferred to another built.
Speaker 2: Anybody that mentions your mom is pretty much getting demoted or sent away.
Speaker 10: Wait wait, I did I demote him? Okay, Okay, here's okay different.
Speaker 3: You keep doing this, people are going to catch on and they're going to think that you're having an affair with mom. I bet they have. You have like secret talks every once.
Speaker 8: In a while.
Speaker 7: You've got a vibe where they're hiding something.
Speaker 10: Look my mom, I'm gonna protect her at all caught.
Speaker 7: You only don't want I mean, why would you want her to date a nice man with a good job.
Speaker 3: I'm good for you.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she's mommy.
Speaker 1: You go right home and you make me dinner.
Speaker 5: Okay, mommy.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you feel guilty about doing that and intervening?
Speaker 10: Well, not that one. That's time. I don't feel guilty. The second time, I guilty.
Speaker 1: There's another one. What happened?
Speaker 10: Well, it was another guy. We're on the elevator together, and he's talking about it, like I heard she's single. You know, he's getting all hights about it. And I don't particularly like this guy. Anyway, everybody knows I'm the boss. I was like, I'm gonna be honest with you, guys. I've seen her records and there's a very very very recent trip to the doctor. You may not that.
Speaker 1: I was sitting to go to the clinic. That's no lie. You made up.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you're gonna get yourself fired. I would watch yourself.
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like sharing information, even if it's false about employees medical records is yeah.
Speaker 3: Dance in the line there before you know what you're gonna get fired. Your mom's gonna take your job.
Speaker 10: If I could find another of my moms and ire, I would because she's doing phenomenal. She's number one in the off.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: And tell your hot mom if she wants to come work over and a company anytime.
Speaker 1: Bro Okay, don't have me get you fired. I'm gonna do. That's what myself a text in seven eight five nine two.
Speaker 4: If you have a confession you've been holding on to, We'll hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 1: We got your phone tap coming up right after that.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Brooke is a woman of many talents. I'm struggling to think of one right now, but I know there's many.
Speaker 5: She knows how to put food together.
Speaker 7: I can tap dance well oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: But one talent that she definitely does not possess. And I don't mean this in a negative way at all, bro I'm sure it's just the way it is. She cannot pull off any voices in impersonations or accents.
Speaker 7: The accents are hard for me. It's like I'm also not good at foreign languages. I feel like there's a hearing issue for me. I can't I can't take what my brain wants it to say and get it to come out of my mouth.
Speaker 4: Brook has so much personality, naturally, there's no room for any extras to finish.
Speaker 1: Chef, And so today we e her do a lot of accents.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I want you guys to hear this.
Speaker 4: The thing is, if you're interviewing for a job, you need to sound smart. And how do you instantly sound smart by talking in a foreign accent?
Speaker 8: Dumb?
Speaker 5: So we're going to.
Speaker 1: See if Brook can pull it off in your phone tap.
Speaker 7: We're doing it right now.
Speaker 3: Another Hello, Hello, good day to you, ma'am.
Speaker 13: Is this Julie p.
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is sound Dream.
Speaker 7: I have an appointment to interview for the vacant operations manager position.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, did.
Speaker 7: You get to my resumoir that I sent over your what my resumoir?
Speaker 3: Natalie? Yes, Natalie sent over my resumoir.
Speaker 14: Oh, you're the person that Natalie heard me? I see, I'm sorry. I just have your name on here at being Sandy Down.
Speaker 3: I like to use my full birthright name when talking in an interview.
Speaker 14: Sure, I'm a little surprised by your accent. Now, I didn't mention where you were from.
Speaker 3: Oh this old accent.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm just a regular Margaret Thatcher, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, I guess so you're both English sounding.
Speaker 10: My family is.
Speaker 7: From a small village, acquoint place You've probably never heard of.
Speaker 3: It, the Kensington up in Crumpetsville, a grove, which is where you knew.
Speaker 7: It's just yonder down the bouldered path of the Heirshire harsher Shire.
Speaker 14: I have no idea what you're saying.
Speaker 3: They say, the more names, the smarter the people are in the village.
Speaker 14: They say that. Okay, I do. I'm sorry this sounds very silly, like I feel like this is all kind of made up.
Speaker 3: Oi criky you got me?
Speaker 14: Whoa wait ah did you just change your accent?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 14: Is that a totally different accent? Mate?
Speaker 3: You found me out? Sorry, I feeled a little bit there. I'm really from the land down Under.
Speaker 14: Are you from Australia?
Speaker 3: Ah, Sheila, you're a smart one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Study shore that asses have the highest intelligence out of any nation outside of Japan.
Speaker 14: Okay, I didn't know that, but you know it's not really relevant.
Speaker 3: You can tussle in a bush about it, but we don't need to.
Speaker 14: Okay, I don't know what you're talking about, but you definitely don't sound Australian and I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: That's probably my Grandpappy from Ireland coming through.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 7: You know, I spent a lot of time with him as a wee lass and flow in and out of different accents. But you know what they say, the more languages you speak, the smarter you.
Speaker 9: Ah, you're only speaking one language.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, I don't have time for this.
Speaker 7: Well, it's just that when Natalie recommended the position, she said, you were looking for someone who has uh, you know, the skills with the people and knows a lot about different cultures.
Speaker 14: I never said any of that to her. I just said I needed someone who could handle the job like you, had the experience and was smart.
Speaker 7: You know aside, don't it we drink so much because you know, we got to kill some of the brain cells.
Speaker 3: We have too many. We're that smart.
Speaker 7: Can you believe?
Speaker 14: Are you drunk right now?
Speaker 3: Perhaps? But you know I can still function.
Speaker 14: Okay, higher than the average.
Speaker 7: That's the genetics from Grandpappy.
Speaker 14: I am really, I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 5: Oh no, don't go, don't go.
Speaker 7: Are you sure you're just not intimidated by my Australian, Irish, British Scottish accent.
Speaker 14: No, there's nothing intimidating about it. I'm just it's really hard to listen to you, and I don't I don't want to talk to anymore.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, maybe you'd be more impressed if I use my dumb radio voice and I told you this was a prank phone call. Oh my god, this is actually Broke from the radio Showbrooken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 14: Oh no, I truly thought that you were a drunk, crazy person.
Speaker 9: Well may be.
Speaker 7: That that may be true still, but your friend Natalie set you up for a phone toob.
Speaker 14: I thought I was going to have to call the police or something because you said it.
Speaker 3: So put me in the old paddy wagon, will you. It's not like it'd be my first time. I'm really gonna work on that, I promise.
Speaker 11: I like it's gonna help.
Speaker 14: You're pretty bad.
Speaker 6: The week up every morning was foot Taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: There are certain places that, frankly most men just don't want to be like at Target on a Sunday during kickoff time, or at a Michael's Arts and Craft.
Speaker 3: Stores there's a pretty fun though.
Speaker 4: For you, Yeah, or at the Gentleman's Club in Brook's hometown the clap.
Speaker 7: Trap people applaud a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but guys especially don't want to find themselves in the friend zone. And one of our listeners has been there with a woman that he's known since childhood. But the timing might finally be right to actually make his move. Could be the one shot he has to move up, and he needs our advice in order to make it happen.
Speaker 1: In your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, relationships used to be founded on the basic principles of love, respect, and of course, sturdy ankle restraints. That's how our grandparents made it happen.
Speaker 3: But oh god, that is not an image I wanted.
Speaker 1: Those days are gone.
Speaker 4: Now relationships are based mainly in science, and that's why one of our listeners has reached out to us for help because apparently a new scientific study has completely changed how he looks at romance and he's hoping to get a little assist from us on it. So let's talk to him. Talking to Brian today, Brian, how you doing?
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 7: You're using chemistry physics where we're at biology.
Speaker 14: Do we got?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 12: I found this really interesting study that over like seventy percent of women they have a backup boyfriend of mine, back.
Speaker 1: Up seven women who are in relationships?
Speaker 7: Yeah, who do you think they rebound to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love when science does like really obvious studies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, scientists are like, oh my goodness, we figured this.
Speaker 3: Out, but this was news to you.
Speaker 4: It sounds like, I'm sorry, I apologize, Brian. My hosts are extremely jaded. They know better about love than anybody else.
Speaker 5: You know what. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's a weird thing to find in a scientific study. That's a really high number too, That is, it is a high number.
Speaker 12: That apparently they said that usually it's like an X or like a someone.
Speaker 3: You've been with or a co worker.
Speaker 5: Well, because you want to.
Speaker 1: What are you trying to sell? What are you trying to say?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, you just got to casally slip that way brought back up it.
Speaker 11: Wow, did you see.
Speaker 3: Her winket jet?
Speaker 1: That was product?
Speaker 3: That's not what I got.
Speaker 4: You're shroud again, I apologizing for the second time already.
Speaker 7: What I'm trying to say is are you looking to be somebody's backup orre you trying to look to be somebody's mate.
Speaker 12: I mean, it just kind of depends. So there's this girl Angie I was really really close to in middle school and in high school. You know, we found out all the time. Even our parents were really close. They used to joke that we'd actually just end up together.
Speaker 1: Are your parents also Angie's parents? Is that why everybody is.
Speaker 4: So tightly nick Jack, Well, it makes sense why you're so close in middle in high school.
Speaker 1: I'm just double checking.
Speaker 10: We are not related. Okay, I prom.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry Brooke, too bad, but keep going.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 7: Like, one of my best friends was a guy in middle school in high school, and people always think like, oh, you're connected, there.
Speaker 3: Must be something there, even when there's not.
Speaker 7: Oh he tried, but you know when I was sixteen, but yeah, no, yeah, I didn't work out. Okay, he dumped me for Heidi.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, this is not about to go down the road let's come back up the road. We're taking a detour. We're back on the highway with Brian. Brian, you and Angie were close back in the day. Your families were close.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, but nothing really ever happened.
Speaker 12: So she ended up going away to college, and we kind of stayed in contact over the years. You know, we see each other here and there.
Speaker 3: But it sounded like you kind of drifted apart a little.
Speaker 12: Bit though, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, naturally, Yeah, that happens. Life happens.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but to my surprise, I just found out that her last three year relationship descended.
Speaker 7: Oh so you are need to be the backup boyfriend.
Speaker 12: And she's also just moved back home.
Speaker 5: You were meant to be her rebounder. Just back up, like this is perfect you guys already.
Speaker 10: I just have this feeling you know each other.
Speaker 7: I don't think they happened together. You guys never hooked up or anything, right up?
Speaker 12: Okay, how they feeling that I'm her backup option? And I'd be lying if I say I wasn't kind of curious.
Speaker 1: Oh I see.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you've always gotten the vibe, You've always felt you volunteer.
Speaker 1: So you've been in contact recently with Angie.
Speaker 12: Not not yet. I'm trying to work up the nerves to do that. That's why I'm asking you guys for your advice. Like, I just want to kind of see if I'm her backup option without all the awkwardness.
Speaker 7: So this is when was when was the last time you two talked or hung out or saw each other?
Speaker 12: I mean we we sent some Facebook messages like before they broke up, just like, hey, how are you checking up on you?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: And what makes you feel like you are Angie's backup in her mind?
Speaker 10: Honily?
Speaker 12: Is this this tethered feeling I feel?
Speaker 5: Listen, energy speaks louder than words.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're texting, you can feel the energy or you can see what's.
Speaker 9: About just going back to your hometown and knowing there's a guy that would hook up with you.
Speaker 4: He's overthinking it deranged from it's meant to be destiny to I'm totally desperate. Yeah, like day, So what is it exactly that you want from us here in this phone call?
Speaker 12: I just want to find a way to kind of ask if I'm her back up without me really asking, you know.
Speaker 3: Just like I wouldn't use those words.
Speaker 7: I mean, are you wanting to ask her on a date or are you just trying to feel out if she's interested.
Speaker 12: I kind of want to see if she's interested before I ask her on the date.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Brook, I mean, how hard do you think it's going to be to give him good advice on how.
Speaker 1: To do this?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: For me to give it?
Speaker 4: When I said, Hey, Brook, what do you think that's what I was asking you that question?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's actually hard for me because I'm pretty direct, so I would just like come out and ask so. But that doesn't sound like that's your style.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, it's definitely not my style. So that's kind of why I need to help, you know, just to be a little subtle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okaya, we have the ultimate challenge here. We're gonna come back call your old friend Angie and find out if she thinks that you're her backup boyfriend, and you'll do it very subtly in your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 1: It's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We're in a weird position right now trying to help out one of our listeners. Brian because he found a new study that said about seventy percent of women currently in relationships already have a backup boyfriend in mind just in case things go south with their current partner. It's usually an ex or an old friend, or, as Brooke excitedly pointed out, a coworker who looks a lot like your current spouse anyway, so that would be an easy transition.
Speaker 5: And then she too, I did not doubt you.
Speaker 4: But Brian needs our help because one of his good friends from back in the day name Angie, just went through a breakup.
Speaker 1: She moved back home, and he has.
Speaker 4: A feeling he might be her secret backup and he just wants to subtly ask if that's true. And normally this is a time where we'd go to our host for advice, but instead, I'm gonna do something that I haven't done in a long time and give you my advice.
Speaker 1: Before, which is you tell us about it.
Speaker 4: You said in your history, you've never had a relationship with Angie. Right now, you're only basically Facebook friends with her, so let's go off of that, and you need to be really fun and playful like you just met her off of a dating app. Reference her Facebook and say, you know, that picture of you in the red dress is probably like the second hottest thing I could see you in whoa. And then she'll ask, well, what do you mean what's first?
Speaker 1: And you say the red dress?
Speaker 4: And then you tell her sorry, I'm mathematically challenged.
Speaker 1: Can we hang out so you can tutor me sometime one on one?
Speaker 7: So you you tell her that you stopped your Facebook page.
Speaker 3: Give her a bad pickup line, and then make a bad joke.
Speaker 1: It's called smooth No, I know, what do you think?
Speaker 10: Brian? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I like that you can make her laugh with it.
Speaker 5: Yet that she's gonna laugh, they just think so.
Speaker 3: Who laughed in this room? I laughed talking about you always laughed.
Speaker 1: It's good enough for me.
Speaker 4: That's our advice. We gotta make us call to Angie. We all believe in you.
Speaker 3: I donmore. I believe more in him than us.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I said. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna doll Angie for you. We all have your back. Here, will jump in if you feel like you need a little bit of help. Okay, Bud, all right, good luck, I'm downing the number right now.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hey, Angie, whoever, Brian, Brian who uh.
Speaker 10: From middle school? High school? Uh?
Speaker 12: We talked on Facebook like a year ago. We kind of reconnected, remember.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Brian, how are you? How's how's it going? It's that a long time.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm doing all right. I'm doing a little better now, you know that we're talking.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 12: Just got my own place, you know, and I've I've been doing a lot of reading. Actually read the scientific study recently that was really interesting.
Speaker 9: Oh what was his study?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 12: It was a study that was on women that found that like seventy percent of women they have a backup boyfriend.
Speaker 14: In mine, I have the boyfriend. Yeah.
Speaker 12: And I heard that you're back at your parents' house right and you just got out of your relationship. I'm sorry, I must be like really, you know, fresh for you right now?
Speaker 9: But oh no, no, no, it's okay. I'm better now and it's it's all good.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I heard you got dumb hard.
Speaker 9: I mean, it wasn't mutual and it was very sad for me. But I'm good, I'm doing better.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 12: I was looking at your Facebook and it seems like you're doing a lot better. Actually, I saw a picture of you, and.
Speaker 10: In that red dress.
Speaker 12: I think that red dress is the second best thing I think i've seen you.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's weird. What would be the first?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 10: The red dress?
Speaker 12: But look, I'm a little mathematically challenge, so maybe you could tutor me.
Speaker 10: Is that annoying?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: About the red dress?
Speaker 10: About the tutoring.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, just stop it.
Speaker 5: I think everyone is so confused.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 13: It's not just.
Speaker 4: It's still there's still a chance laughing.
Speaker 6: She is not.
Speaker 9: Laughing, Brian, I don't know what's going on. Who are these people?
Speaker 10: Friends?
Speaker 7: Know we're coming to your what we're doing, well, these people are us.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show called brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing something called an Brookward Tuesday phone call, trying to help out our good friend Brian reach out to his good old friend Angie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I'll admit Brian got some bad advice.
Speaker 5: From all of us.
Speaker 1: Bad execution on the good advice.
Speaker 5: Brook is right.
Speaker 7: Jeffy got admitted and he would never actually say that red dress line, right, Brian.
Speaker 10: I thought it was really funny.
Speaker 4: Actually, one thing that is one hundred percent true is Brian does think you look very nice in that red dress.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you, thank you, Brian. I think that's where you were going.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to help him out a little bit here.
Speaker 4: He loved you in the red dress, and the reason that he brought up that old study he was telling you about was because he had.
Speaker 1: Heard about your breakup. Feels very bad about it.
Speaker 4: He has felt a little bit of a connection with you over the years, though, and was wondering if maybe there was some sort of possibility that you had a backup boyfriend and mine before the split happened.
Speaker 9: I uh, I mean, I guess, I guess, I guess I did thought about.
Speaker 10: I mean, who is.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody that Brian knows, you.
Speaker 9: Know what it actually is, somebody that Brian does know. You know, your friend Noah from high school, remember him? I mean I always just really found him really attractive.
Speaker 1: I heard he's in jail.
Speaker 3: I heard that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is a little disappointing.
Speaker 9: Wait, oh my gosh, wait wait wait did you think that was gonna say you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean I guess just maybe somewhere in the back of my mind.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry. Uh look, you know, I don't even know if I'm ready to even date yet. It was I just kind of threw Noah out there, but you'd for sure be like my backup, back up.
Speaker 3: Wow, you have made character energy. You didn't he always wanted to be the backup anyway.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? Brian? You're you're not on deck, You're in the hole.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean I guess that's cool.
Speaker 15: Okay, it's a good starting point because you know, and if something ever happens to know, I mean, once well whatever happens to Noah wants that lows over, which we know it will, then Brian will be ready to embrace you with open arms in your beautiful red dress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Noah sucks. Don't choose Noah.
Speaker 9: You know again, I'm not even ready. So I really haven't thought about even putting myself out there yet. I mean, I just went through this breakup and yeah.
Speaker 3: That's okay. You are totally allowed to feel all.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: That's how you know.
Speaker 4: She didn't just say that you're going to be the backup, backup to be nice, She really meant it there.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was very sweet.
Speaker 12: I actually really feel that way.
Speaker 3: Yes, this was a success.
Speaker 4: Miracles do happen right here on this show and Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Nowhere else backup show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we are honored to.
Speaker 6: Be thank you Brooking, jeff in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Another new player to the game today. Her name is Eileen.
Speaker 4: And when we asked her what she's got going on in her life, she said really not much. Then we asked about her job, and she said, quote these are her words, she tortures children for a living. And I would like to give Eileen a chance to give us a little bit more clarification, just in case law enforcement is listening.
Speaker 3: Right now, just in case I wanted a second career. But okay, same, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you torture kids for a living?
Speaker 12: I am a pediatric physical therapist.
Speaker 1: Work physical therapist.
Speaker 7: I know it's either going to be a nurse or a teacher or a doctor, you know, like baby chiropractor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, todler needs a little back.
Speaker 3: Those backs are real supple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, toddlers don't have bones.
Speaker 5: Oh I forgot that fact.
Speaker 3: Do you know that babies don't have kneecaps?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why it does it hurt to crawl around on the floor.
Speaker 1: What else is weird about little kids?
Speaker 10: Eileen?
Speaker 11: There are a lot of fun to play with. They're not weird.
Speaker 4: We're gonna send Brook out of the studio for a second, Eileen. And while she heads out, you know the game works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know one, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brooke outrights a win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: We'll see how this goes.
Speaker 4: That's what she says when she starts on the kids too. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: On this day.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety four, the first episode of Friends aired on What network? What nutrient is required by the body to build muscle? Russia ranks number one? But what country is the second largest in the world by land area? Panatella is a type of what plant cigar or food.
Speaker 11: Cigar?
Speaker 4: If someone gave you a quarter, a dime, and a nickel, how much money did you get?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Right, I Leen, on your first try, that was great work.
Speaker 4: Brook is going to come back into the studio, and I do say on my screener here that you actually have four children of your own.
Speaker 14: I do have four children.
Speaker 3: How do you torture those ones?
Speaker 6: Oh that's easy, ye take away their screen time?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 12: Yeah? There, you go.
Speaker 4: Do you have any advice for people who are wanting to have four kids as well?
Speaker 1: Out there?
Speaker 13: Stop first?
Speaker 10: All right, Brook?
Speaker 7: I always think it's amazing that after two people are like, yeah, let's do more.
Speaker 5: You're done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, Good for you.
Speaker 1: Brook has been broken by just two. It's true, Kay, Brook.
Speaker 10: You're up?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now. On this day in nineteen ninety four, the first episode of Friends aired on What network NBC. What nutrient is required by the body to build muscle?
Speaker 3: Protein?
Speaker 1: Russia ranks number one?
Speaker 4: But what country is the second largest in the world by land area?
Speaker 3: China.
Speaker 4: Panatella is a type of what plants cigar or food hella food. If someone gave you a quarter, a dime, and a nickel, how much money did you get?
Speaker 1: Total?
Speaker 4: Forty Only two actors have played Batman more than once in a film. One's Michael Keaton. Who's the other?
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say, did they give Ben Affleck another chance? I'm going with him?
Speaker 1: All right, Fleck? Well see if any of that's right, Adam West.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my landlord just texted me meaning too loud. Moved new Landlord text me, Eileen, you got four bringing a girl.
Speaker 1: One solid world and.
Speaker 5: Brook you did get one extra question in and only three the first try.
Speaker 3: Take Blue down that victory.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good work, Good job, Eileen.
Speaker 4: Let's go over the answers for everybody on this day. In nineteen ninety four, the first episode of Friends aired on NBC. The nutrient required to build muscle in the bodies protein Russia ranks number one, and then Canada has the second largest land area in the world China.
Speaker 7: That makes sense, I mean so much of it is just under ice a forest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a panatella is a type of cigar Spanish for a cigar.
Speaker 1: Someone gave it.
Speaker 4: Someone gave you a quarter of diamond and nickel. You would have forty cents. And the only two actors who have played Batman more than once in a movie brook is Michael Keaton and Christian Bayo.
Speaker 1: In the Dark Knight series The Darknight the best one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bail, of course.
Speaker 4: Iileen, congratulations. You get one hundred dollars plus just we're playing. You also win a fifty dollars gift card to Gray's Craze now open in Seattle in the South Central Business District. Celebrate with made to order charcouterie boards featuring handcrafted arrangements of meats, cheeses, breads, fruits, veggie.
Speaker 1: Sweets and more.
Speaker 4: For or for more, you can pick a free local delivery at grayscraze dot com.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call from there you go.
Speaker 11: Thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eileen, what do you attribute your victory to? What made you successful?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 11: You gotta fake it till you make it.
Speaker 3: Okayo doing that for a long time.
Speaker 4: Tortured the children for a living, and then just tortured Brooke with a victory. Good job, Eileen, Thank you so much for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bock same time tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.