Speaker 1: Two hopeless theaters, one dating app then dares you just swipe right. The question is whose love life is more tragic.
Speaker 2: It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 3: It's the dating game show that just pitch paramount on the modern version.
Speaker 2: Of the notebook called the iPad.
Speaker 3: Noah can't find the right charging cable in his giant drawer of electronics. It's Battle of the Tinder Dates, where two of our listeners swear off to find out whose love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, his favorite first date activity is playing tug of war, then tandem licking peanut butter out of a giant rubber ball.
Speaker 2: That's why they call him Marmaduke Loo. You don't have to answer that, Luke.
Speaker 3: And in the other corner, after spending a night with the woman, he enjoys sitting down and writing a heartfelt apology.
Speaker 2: Letter for what just happened. So let's meet Fountain Penn Bad. Then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Okay, here's how the game works.
Speaker 3: One contestant is going to start by telling one of their worst dating stories. The other will try and come back to counter with a nightmare story of their own. People going back and forth for three rounds until we declara winner. Going to start things off with Marma Duke Luke, let's go.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I took my date skiing and it was her first time, so she asked me to teach her.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, bold date.
Speaker 1: From her point, you look so dumb when you're starting.
Speaker 4: To learn, Think that you're falling until we get there early and I spent hours teaching her and she's getting like super into it.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: And then it gets to lunchtime, right, uh huh that are going to the lodge. She thanks me and skis off to the chair lift where her afternoon date is waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 1: Girl has figured out how to get private lessons for three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she got a free lesson from me so that she could go on a date knowing how to ski in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Good guys, let's move over down, Ben, Ben, can you come back from that?
Speaker 1: I mean that was brutal. That kind of seems like it was on you.
Speaker 2: We need your story. You try and do better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I met a girl who actually lived in the same apartment complex as me. I wake up and all of my furniture has been moved around.
Speaker 3: She fussuayed your apartments to me, like it probably looks better.
Speaker 1: Why she told me, it's so she could see me better when she walks outside my apartment to make sure I don't have another girl in there.
Speaker 3: Both of you are giving the women in this room way too many ideas.
Speaker 2: So Psycho around to Luke, we're back to you.
Speaker 4: I had a date planned. Girl asks me if I could pick her up for it, right, okay, But when I do, she gets in the back seat with two other girls.
Speaker 2: Are you like, yes, yeah, actually that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: You'd think. But she tells me that her and her roomies need a ride to the grocery store target in the nail salon so that we can then have our date.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie in the work first. So did you do it? Did you take him on the errands? Oh?
Speaker 4: I did it?
Speaker 2: You did guy?
Speaker 4: So I go to bring her friends to the nail salon, and then she changes her mind says she's going to go with her friends too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wait, cancels your date.
Speaker 3: You're doing free ski lessons and free now too, and we're not paying you to be on this segment either, so good job.
Speaker 2: Over to what do you got?
Speaker 1: So one girl and I bonded over collecting sneakers. Oh okay, and she told me she can actually customize them.
Speaker 2: Marry her.
Speaker 1: I know, right to compare home. She was going to decorate them for free. And I mean, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking she made off with my shoes.
Speaker 3: I actually wasn't thinking enough.
Speaker 2: I would have given her too.
Speaker 1: No, she did give them back, but my four hundred dollars shoes had the word Cheapo painted on the side. Because you want to customize for free? I think?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, she told me it was for not tipping enough on the date.
Speaker 2: It's really close right now.
Speaker 3: We're on to the third and final round, so we need your best stories, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Luke, what do you got?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I'm asked with this girl online? Right, she's got a pick of a giant stuffed panda that we bonded over. I was like, that's so cute. So what does she do? What you already know? She brings it to dinner on our date.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I like a four year old.
Speaker 1: Child and I don't see that coming at all.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm like, is she joking? And apparently not, because she told the waiter that the panda wanted it some steak to.
Speaker 3: No, okay, e ste pandas only eat like leaves. And but you know what, what do you know about stuffed giants?
Speaker 2: Different?
Speaker 3: So you bought this stuffed panda steak?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah? Not surprisingly, it wasn't very hungry, so she took an extra meal home.
Speaker 2: And free steak for panda. Ben. This is your last good luck, so good.
Speaker 1: I was with this girl and she said she wanted to play a fun game with me, but this one was at the grocery store, okay. We ended up going to the cereal aisle okay, and she pulls out a box and there are four missing kids. He's on the back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She turns to me and says, you got to guess which one of these kids is me.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Well that took a weird dark turn at the end there, so thank god for the final bell that means.
Speaker 2: The match is over, Judges, we need to score at Alexis. I gotta go, Luke.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, he started skiing but all of them, I have so many new ideas.
Speaker 2: Is one for Luke Brook? I'm going for Luke all right.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Marmaduke Kalou. Yeah, you're awarded the Brook and Jeffrey Crown of Commiseration.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right, Luke.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm honored, and I'm also a little offended.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you're just poorer because of the dates you've gone on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can send us free steaks to the studio anytime you want to.
Speaker 2: Thank you for playing text in seventy five nine.
Speaker 3: To you if you want up here on the next edition of Battle of the Tinder dates your phone taps coming up next
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.