Speaker 1: This radio show is more more than any other mainstreams media outlet. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Then we're coming here on this day, DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 1: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping one honey, y'all keep it real.
Speaker 1: But what better place than than here? I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club. He start out there, y'all want to shake it up. Good morn in usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne, the guy piece to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? Good morning? That's right, Wednesday, middle of the week. Good morning to y'all. Man, another day, another day to be on this radio, another day to get to serve. That's right. Okay, how y'all feel out there? Y'all know how I feel? Bill, I'm blessed, black and Holly favored. What's happening? Yes, I'm gonna tell you something, man, Please, I need more candles. Okay. My candle game is trash right now because no disrespect everybody who'll be making homemade candle. Something be wrong with y'all wicks. The wicks man, Yes, okay, the wicks burned too crazy, right, I'm looking at one right now. I forgot who made that. But they made a black effect candle and it's you know, it's got like the black effect logo on it. But it looked dangerous. It looks like it looks like deck you know. Just in case, okay, looks a little crazy. I have a little scared here trying to I don't even want to. No loose papers.
Speaker 4: Around, nothing around it, justin Lord, have mercy, justin CASEI it is a little too hot.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the candle. I appreciate all the homemade candles, but you know I need more of these.
Speaker 4: It's black cherry, my little white burn that's what I need. Yes, Yes, next time I go to uh that, well, yeah, next.
Speaker 1: Time, I got a bunch of the house. Because you know, I'm at that age, you know, forty five years old. Candles are very meaningful gifts, that's right, So people give me a lot of candles. I get a lot of candles and a lot of Palisanto and a lot of sage, and I appreciate it all, thank you very much. I grab him by the boat loads when I go to BJ's and I get my camp forget it. Damn tell us more. You get it. What you're saying about, what you say, tell me more. Early in the mornings, Bro called BJS Breakfast. You can get things. That's enough. Listen today on the show, we have a Republican presidential candidate, Nikki Haley, Yes, former governor of South Carolina. She'll be joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of Republican presidential candidates that that come up with not too many Democrat besides, uh, well it's it's their year.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, back in twenty sixteen, when you know it was a bunch of Democrats runner for president, a bunch of Democrats came up here too. No, No, twenty twenty, twenty, twenty, twenty sixteen, it was Hillary and Bernie were the ones. Twenty twenty it was of asap rocky, asap mob wu tang klan of Democrats. It was a bunch of them. It was at least ten or twelve of them that was running. So they all came up too. So it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: This year.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, we haven't had a lot like who's here. We've had let me see, on the Democratic side, Mary and Williams has been up here, Dean Phillips has been up here. On the Republican side, West is running for they. I believe independent Republicans have been vac Rabba Swami Vic's homie Larry, Larry, Larry came up here. Larry was up here. He's more of a political pundit to me, but he was a Republican. He was never really running. He was trying to run. He was trying to run. He was on the block. He was the block waiting for the gun to go. Yeah, he was almost there now, Nicki, ok yeah, all.
Speaker 6: Right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Nicki Hlly will be joining us in a little bit. Let's get the show crack and when we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now, some quick sports. Rajon Rondough, you know, used to play for Boston and then he went to.
Speaker 1: The Lakers for a little bit and he's retired. That's so loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was arrested for having weed in his car, driving reckless, and a firearm in Indiana a night.
Speaker 1: Last night, so yesterday actually, so got to hear both sides. You know, it's so crazy. I only saw the headline of that story. The headline looks crazy. The headline is like, right, Ajon Rondo caught with guns and drugs, But you said he was smoking weed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: State trooper smelled marijuana coming from the car and started to do a search, and.
Speaker 1: They found a firearm. That was it. And the firearm was it legal?
Speaker 4: Probably they're not saying, but you cannot have a firearm while smoking weed. So I'm sure that was the problem, but they haven't said as yet. I'm just saying the headline made him look like some type of Kingpaign. Absolutely, he was starring in one the fifty cent shows. Okay, not at all.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about Corey Bush tis yep.
Speaker 7: Missouri Democrat Representative Corey Bush has confirmed that the Department of Justice is investigating her campaign about her hiring her husband for security services.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: Bush says she is fully cooperating with the investigation. She retained her now husband as a part of her security team and says that he has the experience and he provides the services at our below market rate. She said that as a rank and file member of Congress, I am not entitled to personal protection by the House and instead have used campaign funds to retain security services, and that that was.
Speaker 8: Totally ethical to do.
Speaker 7: She said that she has not used any federal tax dollars if that is a lie, and that the services is because she needed security because of all of the threats that she received.
Speaker 8: Take a listen.
Speaker 9: Since before I was sworn into office, I have endured relentless threats to my physical safety and life. As a rank and file member of Congress, I am not entitled to personal protection by the House and instead have used campaign funds as permissible to retain security services. I have not used any federal tax dollars for personal security services. Any reporting that I have used funds for personal security is simply false. A recent months, right wing organizations have large, baseless complaints against me, peddling notions that I have misused campaign funds to pay for personal security services.
Speaker 8: That simply is not true.
Speaker 1: Well, politics is a dirty game, man, You know what I'm saying, because I don't see what the issue is here, Like, why is this the story. Why can't you hire your husband for security if he does security, if he has the experience, what's the problem? Yeah, and I don't what I don't understand. Maybe helped me out tests.
Speaker 4: So if somebody does make a complaint, right cause somebody had to file and say that that's what she was doing and it found out that that's not what she was doing, what happens to the person that made that false complaint?
Speaker 8: Nothing at all.
Speaker 7: And to your point of DJMV, they did make this complaint in September twenty twenty three with the Office of Congressional Ethics and they found no wrongdoing and the case was dismissed. So this has actually already been a thing that they put to bed. And then yet again they made a complaint to the Department of Justice, and so now they're doing that investigation.
Speaker 8: She says, she's looking forward to the same outcome.
Speaker 1: It's just politics, I understand it, you know what I'm saying. If you feel like you got some on your opp yeah, but you try to uncover it.
Speaker 4: But if they're using resources and finances to you know, to check and to find out and to go through this woman's paperwork and all that other stuff, and they find out it's not true.
Speaker 1: You got to investigate. But what happens from then like nothing, it's a false complaint. You know, you got to investigate, that's all. That's all they're saying. By the way, she could do the same thing as somebody. She could do the same thing. They want to hurt her political opps if she wanted to, if she had something.
Speaker 7: And speaking of one of her political ops, Donald Trump did spend that spend in the news this week as well. He spent fifty million dollars of his campaign funds as well to cover legal expenses in twenty twenty three. So that's something that Democrats are talking about, you know, on the other side, on how he's spending his money. The difference is, though, I will say this, people that are giving him money, they are you aware, you know that he's spending those resources, and apparently they have no problem with it. But what Corey Bush did was absolutely nothing was wrong with it. She did exactly. It was on the paperwork showing that it was for security services.
Speaker 8: It's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 7: You can hire your family members, and particularly if they have the experience, why should her husband take out time in his day, you know, to protect He's obviously losing money somewhere and he has the experience, so paying for the job. You know this, I'm just going to sign up to be in poverty for the rest of my life. Just makes you know, no sense for people who run for office. And to your point, Charlemaine, we talking about this off air. This is why people, you know, they tend to not want to get into politics. It's one of the reasons why.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though, because you know, I said it over and over. Donald Trump has totally changed the culture of politics, so stuff like this don't even matter. I see a story like this, coy Bus's done the investigation after hiring husband and security, so what it pales in comparison to the things that we see you or coming from you know, Donald Trump. So it's like he's changed the culture of politics. Stuff like this should not matter when dealing with our elected officials.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The problem is though, when somebody puts a story out there saying that she did something wrong and they run with it and they don't actually read the information. Like to your point on the story you guys are talking about this morning the headline. You're going with the headline, she used federal dollars and just ran with it and not even looking into it.
Speaker 8: And that's the problem.
Speaker 7: It's caused her more death threats, which needs more security than needs to be paid for.
Speaker 1: So now I gotta hire my cousin, and you know what I'm saying, I gotta hide a whole family Jesus.
Speaker 4: All right, well, lat is front page News, stinky tiz. What're we talking about next hour?
Speaker 8: Yes, seven o'clock guys, tap in.
Speaker 7: I want to talk about in which ital A Jackie Robinson's statue was stolen and burned. I want to tell you about that, and then about more fake news on AI and how they're targeting black celebrities.
Speaker 8: So we'll talk about that at seven.
Speaker 4: In today's Jackie Robinson's birthday as well. All right, well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone line to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or black.
Speaker 1: Something to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to from you on the breakfast clove.
Speaker 10: Hello, who is this Joe?
Speaker 6: Good morning dj n B showing me and the god was good.
Speaker 1: Coach Davis, Coach David, get his chest brother.
Speaker 6: What's going on? Man? Listen? Happy new year. First of all, I haven't spoken with y'all since last year. Same, but I got a I got a couple of things to get off my chest man. First, when y'all speak to vice press the presidential candidate Nikki Haley, man, please don't throw those snowballs. I got one question for her because Vic Barmasamy, he seemed like he impresed his heritage. If I didn't do a little bit of research on Nicki Haley, I'd have had no idea for a cultural background. And when Trump brought it up, you know, he's trying to like he treated Obama. So you know, let's talk about that just a little bit. Also, Jackie Robinson's statue being stolen and you know, dismembered and and all that, and whichitar is crazy, especially on his birthday. Man, that's retorting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna talk about that next out with test. Yeah also too, man, Nikkia Hally's never run from being Indian American. Maybe because I'm from South Carolina and you know, she was governor of our state for so long. Maybe I maybe I know the background, but yeh, she's never ran from that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she's not saying that she hasn't. But she's on the national platform now and I've never known this lady until now, you know, And then I did a little bit of fact.
Speaker 1: I'm like, whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're a little late, brother. She was the governor of South Carolina. She was the first that's what she was known as, the first woman Indian American governor. Now she's the first Indian American GOP presidential candidate.
Speaker 4: I think she's the second governor of second Indian governor ever.
Speaker 1: Second, I believe I looked at yeah.
Speaker 6: But but but Charlamagne checked this out. Bright, you're the first time I heard that statement. This is the first time I heard that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: But here, here's here's another thing. Right, there's two more things than I and uthers go. Uh. First off, you know, as I'm I'm the general manager the Corney Island thunder Man, and we're doing a thing this year. We're fifth chief and it Powell Winkins and we're number one in our division and we're doing it this year in Brooklyn. But you know what, figure you all that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm glad y'all got my girl.
Speaker 12: Just hilarious. It was about time.
Speaker 11: It's about time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, joy absolutely, you know I would be there with bells on and I gotta get through to wish my drug. Congratulations.
Speaker 12: But he listen, I have a.
Speaker 6: Blessed Dave Man and I love listening to y'all. I have a great day. Man.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Where's what's up? Trap salary pieces? What's happening?
Speaker 12: Killing out? Chilling? Uh? I wanted to call two things. First, I wanted to call and say congratulations to miss uh Jessica Robinson. More I believe her name is Robin Oh, Jessica Robbins. Shout out to miss Jessica Robins. That's hilarious. As they know, the self titled queen herself.
Speaker 1: The wild Card. She'd be here, we call it a wild card. Should be here starting next Monday. Yep, Monday should be here.
Speaker 12: It started on Monday. Man, it's definitely one of histay. Congratulations to her, you know, I've been said that she was in my top two team Hormonia hormona for me.
Speaker 1: So the mona don't call me white girl. Salute theemona.
Speaker 11: Heard that.
Speaker 12: But but Jess is the one who consistently showed that she wanted it, consistently came at her own stuff for paired. They come up there in the breakfast club and do what she did, man, and she got it, and she deserved it because go after you, Jeff Tray?
Speaker 1: What you doing in two weeks?
Speaker 12: She said, what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: Two weeks? Yeah?
Speaker 12: What do you take me on a date? What's up? No?
Speaker 4: No, I know you said he was going to Vegas. I don't know if you were still going. I was just asking for a friend.
Speaker 12: I don't know what.
Speaker 11: Why did this fall for that problem?
Speaker 1: I don't even know why he dug that. It don't even hit like he acts like he a Kansas City Chiefs are forty nine ers. Man, you were a New York Giants fan told me he was going, can't You don't even know the rules of engagement when it comes to football. Told me how he was gonna going somebody luggage, he was going to the ball.
Speaker 12: You can't right his fall for that. Listen, yes, Nikey, put the phone down. Nikki, put the phone down. I know you're probably listening to the Breakfast Club. Put the phone down. You just tweeted two hours ago. You're still tweeting. It's been five days at this say she tweeted two hours ago. NICKI put the phone down. Girl Barbes tweet talk to her like, stop encouraging her. That y'all just as unhanded to as y'all favorite put the phone down.
Speaker 1: The thing I don't understand yesterday, I'm gonna tell you you said what it was kind of right.
Speaker 12: They was tearing you up on Twitter yesterday, and it was kind of right.
Speaker 1: What was he tearing me up for?
Speaker 12: You gave Nikki Benky of the day in twenty four hours when I responded to a dis track, and Meg has not gotten nothing in seventy two hours for now responding to Nikki's distract.
Speaker 1: Tearing you out that time talking about time. This is why y'all logic don't make no sense, and this is why I don't be on Twitter, because that's what all the stupid people are. Meg said it all mag Meg just gave us a distract. Tell me I'm shut up. Meg gave Meg put out a distrack that's had Nikki tweeting for a week straight and and and caused Nikki to put out a week aff this track.
Speaker 4: Mag bro Make shouldn't put out of Make, shouldn't say nothing, Meg.
Speaker 1: Won make, shouldnt put out another record. Megan don't got May don't got to say nothing?
Speaker 4: She won, Buddy, Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 1: If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Ray right, Ray, Yo, Charlotte, Man, Daffy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: I got an indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 11: We lie this yoke from Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Heard keep from Brooklyn?
Speaker 12: You heard? Yo?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 12: Yo?
Speaker 15: Yo?
Speaker 11: Cne with the team. What's good?
Speaker 1: No, it's not non damn c with your team.
Speaker 11: Just allow yo.
Speaker 12: Let's let this Yeah.
Speaker 11: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 16: Check it out though, Charlemagne as a criticism for you, big man, I want because I want Nicky Haley to be the Republican candidate. You have this talking point where.
Speaker 11: You'd be like, the R and C should get behind Nicky Haley and get away from Donald Trump, and then you don't say why.
Speaker 12: I could be like.
Speaker 11: Three reasons off the top of my head. If you want to tell the people that, then yeah, tell the people why too.
Speaker 1: I do tell the people why. I tell the people because you know, it's just talking point.
Speaker 16: Off with that, you just say I think the R and C needs to give away to Donald Trump and then get behind Nicki Haley. You don't say the fact that you are the age limits. You don't say the fact that she is an ambassador of the United Nations. You don't say the fact that.
Speaker 11: I can't think of everybody off the top of my head right now.
Speaker 16: But you can tell the people why.
Speaker 1: Well, I do tell the people why, but you clearly don't be listening. But what I tell people is that because every day, well I say, because Donald Trump has way too much baggage, Like Donald Trump has ninety one criminal charges to impeach.
Speaker 16: That has nothing to do with Nicky Haley.
Speaker 11: I'm talking about words Nicky Haley doing, not not what Donald Trump is doing.
Speaker 1: Nicky Haley it should be the Republican candidate simply because she and I say this too. I don't know why you haven't heard me say this, but I say I also think she can pull votes from both sides, because if you look at what she did in Iowa, if you look at what she did in New Hampshire, she had a lot of independence and she had a lot of Democrats voting for her as well. Donald Trump is not going to pull votes from both sides of the way, Nikki Hall lives. I've said that a million times. Hello.
Speaker 17: Who's this Hey, good morning?
Speaker 15: My name's Alicia.
Speaker 1: Hey, Alicia? Were calling from Hey?
Speaker 15: I am calling from originally Panama City, Florida, and I'm gonna leave it at by.
Speaker 1: Okay, Right, they say you got a job interview today?
Speaker 18: I do.
Speaker 15: So I actually have a simple request. I was calling for some good prayers, good vibes my way. I'm actually heading home from the job now, going back tonight, and I have the interviews. This will be my seventh time going for a promotion, so I was just trying to get all the good lessons in my way because this promotion will really allow me to make a difference.
Speaker 4: You got this Selicia, I'll definitely be setting you some prayers and everybody out there, said Lisa, some prayers.
Speaker 1: I definitely is. I hope you get what you positively have earned. Man, absolutely good.
Speaker 15: Luck, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All righty mama, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Now when we come back, we got your rumor report. Uh, this beef between Megan and Stallion and Nicki Minaj just continues to continues to grow and continues to get worse and worst, the worst. We'll tell you why you don't play with nobody's grave and well we'll discuss.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the breakfast Club, Good Morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlemagne de Goud. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk. Make the stallium all out of name or you gossip? Been you chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 4: Meg the Stallion was on Good Morning America yesterday and she talked about a couple of things like going on tour this summer.
Speaker 1: Meghan has more goodness Oh, we're having the tour this year.
Speaker 14: The Hot Girl Summer Tour is going to be twenty twenty four summertime. I feel like I've never been able to be outside doing my own thing during the.
Speaker 1: Summer, like since like twenty nineteen.
Speaker 14: So this is gonna be the first time that I dropped an album on time for the summer. I do want to give the hotties the MEGANI Stadian experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's going on tour this summer. That's exactly what she gotta do. She gotta get back to business. You know what I'm saying. You got to put out a successful album, have some successful music, capitalized on the energy of this moment. You know that that his is created. And you know because because to this point, Megan's played everything perfectly. You know, she's got everybody playing with the cards that she's dealt. She's in total control of the situation. So now she got to know, put out a record. That's what I mean. You gotta put out some good music, Like that's that's the follow up to all of this. But she also talks about music being her therapy.
Speaker 19: Still reeling from the success of a reflective lead single Cobra.
Speaker 14: At night, I'm sitting in the dark room thinking, probably while I always end up drinking.
Speaker 19: The twenty eight year old reclaiming her freedom and strength on the song after overcoming one of the toughest periods for life.
Speaker 14: It was really rough because for the past couple of years, music just seems so negative to me. I just wasn't in a good space mentally after everything that had happened to me, and it just all felt like I'm tired of this. I'm I'm tired of fighting. Like, but I have to tell myself, you know what, I don't want to give up. I love a lot of things, but music is the one thing that I know I've always really super tried that and the one thing that my mama knew that I really wanted to do.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I can't give up this fight. I just had to put it into music.
Speaker 13: And I feel like it was like therapy.
Speaker 1: It was like a real diary interest. Yeah, I'm not mad at artists for that, but music is not therapy. Therapy is therapy. Like, you can't just vent in your music. You got to go sit down with someone and then you know, once you put it out, you got to hear those things that come up. Yeah, you know, and the studio, the studio alone can't do that, that's right now.
Speaker 4: Also, allegedly they're saying that some of the barbs reportedly found out what make the Stallion's mother was laid to rest. They put the location and the caption that said you know what to do so the action Will Cemetery told TMZ that they increase security. They call police and just added extra personal security on site to make sure that the grave site is Okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, y'all ain't got no older people in yall life, because if y'all had older people in your life, older people will tell you don't play with the dead. Nope, ain't no good gonna come to anybody doing stuff like that. You have cursky yourself and don't even know it. Okay, you do not play with the dead in that way. You let the deceased rest in peace. And it's all fun and games until you can't sleep at night because you're getting visited by those spirits you're playing with. It's all funny games and tell nothing is going good in your life and you don't know why playing with those spirits. Play with those spirits. If you want through. You better leave that alone. That's right now. Not to mention here in the physical world, somebody will literally kill you, blow your brains out for playing with their loved ones.
Speaker 5: Grave.
Speaker 1: Y'all gotta start moving with some common sense from cool, like what level of groupie ass stand are you that you would risk your life and your freedom for a celebrity that it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: It's stupid. Well, Ruby Rose is being bullied and wants to know why. And this is the reason why. Well, Ruby Rose, the Instagram model said some things, and people are attacking the wrong Ruby Rose. They are attacking Australian actress Ruby Rose, who says I have nothing to do with this. She says, I have a y in my name, not and I I never thought I'd be flooded with death threats for involvement in a rat beef that I have no idea what's going on. I've been to a Nicki Mina show before. I like Meg the Stallion, So leave me alone, stop bullying me. So people are bullying the wrong Ruby Rose. You talk about Ruby Rose. My orange is the new Black. Yes, they played Stella Australian actress. Yes, Wow, Okay, they're bullying they're bullying. She has no idea why they can't even spell no, God damn man, it's the wrong vowel. I don't know who's I don't know Ruby Rose Instagram model though Ruby Rose she.
Speaker 1: Was dating DDG before My Life. And lastly, Travis Scott.
Speaker 4: He was at his Utopia tour and in Miami and there was a janet of mopping up the sweat on the ground at the mosh pit. So when Travis realized what he was doing, he asked him why he was doing it because it was the moshpit. People were jumping around, and the janitor told him that was his job. And he gave the janitor five thousand dollars. He said, put the mop down. He says, you're off for the night, and off he was.
Speaker 5: Somebody going was like, I want you to just take the baby.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Thousand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: They say, give him five thousand dollars, you got the night off. Yeah, I respect that. But the guy can give him the money, but you can't get off. You can't get off off all of these people in here.
Speaker 12: Job.
Speaker 1: You got more sweat to clean up. Okay, the bathroom's me cleaning. You still got to do a job. Like the custodians are there for a reason. Y'all be acting like custodians don't serve a purpose, like they serve an extreme purpose. I say that all the time. You know how the institutions would look without the custodians, is correct. That's why you gotta treat the custodian the same way you treat the CEO, because the custodians just as important. You would have a terrible workplace. Imagine wherever you work at right now. You went and walked in those bathrooms, and those bathrooms are dirty. The first thing you're gonna do is yell, scream and complain and wonder where the custodians are. Okay, well, not only that you gave me the five thousand, but I still got to clean up sweat.
Speaker 4: I got a clean some people on phone slipping, and then I get in trouble. I get fired for five thousand dollars. Now need this job.
Speaker 1: You can't have the night. You can't have the night.
Speaker 4: I can't have sluth you on that big tip though that pause. But I still got to I still got to wipe up the sweat. You got to it is what it is, all right, and that is your room of report.
Speaker 1: That sound to crazy sluth you on that big tip, though, I still got to wipe up the sweat.
Speaker 4: Damn gorse Jesus Lord. All right, when we come back, we got front.
Speaker 1: Page news and Nikki Haley will be joining us. I don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Everybody's j and Charlemagne the guy. We are to breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get in some front page newsis what.
Speaker 12: Was going on?
Speaker 8: Dj V Charlemagne the.
Speaker 1: Guy beat that. Let's talk Jackie Robinson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, today it's his birthday. I didn't realize that dj M men til you brought it up. So certainly resting piece of Jackie Robinson. And the search is over for a stolen statue. They stole his statue and the investigators are saying that the statue was found burned beyond repair.
Speaker 8: This happened in Wichita, Kansas.
Speaker 7: Let's go to NBC for the report on the details on how the statue was stolen, and then I'll give you some more information.
Speaker 20: It's the crime scene reduced to nothing but a pair of bronze cleats, a brazen theft out of public park that, for many in what you Taal Kansas is personal.
Speaker 1: I was appalled, and then once I saw the photos, I was angry.
Speaker 20: Angry over how someone could steal a life size statue of Jackie Robinson, the first black baseball player to play in the major leagues, his tribute unveiled not even three years ago.
Speaker 7: I can tell you that we will not stop in our pursuit of the people that stole this from our community.
Speaker 20: The crime caught on surveillance video early less Thursday.
Speaker 1: They just cut that beautiful statue off at the feet and loaded it into a pickup truck.
Speaker 20: Police have since failed that very truck. But to NBC News, no sign of the suspects.
Speaker 1: Or no motive. What's the point of that. That's stupid either you doing that just because you want to disgrace, you know, the legacy of Jackie Robinson, Are you damned? You ain't selling it for parts, no disgrace, just going back for that racist as you can possibly see.
Speaker 7: You know, there's been a lot about statue talk, you know, so this is kind of you know, the statues that a lot of the Confederate and a lot of the statues that have been taken down. I am assuming, and again it's just an assumption. We don't know for sure because no motive has been put out there. But you know, there's been a lot going on with statues, you know, over the over the last what six or seven years.
Speaker 8: So one, they're just hateful.
Speaker 12: To do this.
Speaker 8: Number one really no no motive to do it.
Speaker 7: But I did think about, you know, all of the statues that had to get taken down, and is this apparently, you know, just a get back. You know, we don't know that for sure at this point, but a lot of statue talk. Now the authority said they are not sharing the names or the suspects descriptions.
Speaker 8: Because they did find the truck.
Speaker 7: So to me, if you found the truck, probably a license plate, you know, something that's connected to it.
Speaker 8: But they have not said that.
Speaker 7: But Police Joe Sullivan, who you heard there, he said, whether you're involved, was stealing the statue, or you accepted the statue, or you were a part of any of it, this is an opportunity to turn yourself in.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 7: Replacing the statue will cost seventy five thousand dollars. They've been raising money for that. They said they did find they do have the original mode that's been located, and so they hoped to get it back up and return the statue to its rightful place. But yeah, they did find it burned to pieces in a trash can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said they installed that statue in twenty twenty one, so it was up a couple of years. Yep. Now what else were talking about? Yeah, fake news.
Speaker 7: YouTube creators tar getting black celebrities with AI generated misinformation. NBC News reviewed a dozen YouTube channels posting what appears to be AI generated fake news with manipulated media, fake pictures that they also are creating with this fake content about black celebrities, meaning these videos they reviewed, they said that it's clickbait, meaning the YouTube video titles and thumbnails indicate narratives or allegations that aren't even in the videos themselves. I've seen this these types of videos of numerous times, and now some of these videos have millions of views, they said. The average number of these types of videos generate twenty one million views now. In a statement to NBC News, a spokesperson for YouTube said the platform reviewed and took down a number of these channels flagged them and has terminated them for violating their right violating the.
Speaker 8: Terms and conditions on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Hey man, psychological operations, informational warfare. That's what we're dealing with every day. You know, World War three is happening right now, and the battlefield is our brains and reality as we know it is constantly under and I don't see any defense except God given discernment, and that's probably not enough either in this era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very sad, it's very scary. I know some of the tech giants are gonna be in DC on Capitol Hill today. They're trying to ban some of the kids from being able to use uh these uh I guess these social media platforms because they're seing the being addicted to it. And that's part of it, is when you're creating all this fake news and these kids are starting with these fake news and there's no way to check this fake news.
Speaker 1: This is very scary. This is very scared, especially with the election, like this is very scary. I say it all the time. I believe none of what you hear and none of what you see. Nowadays, it used to be believed all of what you hear and half of what you see.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: I know, we used to be believe none of what you hear and half for what you see. Right now, iw is believe none of what you hear and none of what you see, including us talking right now. That's right because we might be ai we okay, no, but.
Speaker 8: They say every day. But by the way, because I'm on the screen, may I.
Speaker 1: I do want to say though, I feel like, you know, what a lot of people do in this space is even more important now. And by this space, I mean like you know radio, you know, certain podcasts, holds, certain television hosts, because people have to find voices they can trust. Like you don't have to agree with everything we say here on the Breakfast Club. You don't have to like everything we say here on the Breakfast Club. But at least you know, we real people, you know what. But the sad part is some of the people that these people trust are liars. They're not saying the true news. But that's I said, some I ain't say. Oh, but how do they How do people decipher who's telling the truth of who's not. You got you got to figure that out for yourself, Like how long? How long have you been listening to a person, you know what platforms brought that person on. We just heard at least twenty people tell us that Jesselarius wasn't going to be working here because of some inside stuff that they heard. It wasn't true. That's been going on, that's gossip in rumors though, that's been going on since the beginning of time. That literally the only difference between now and back in the eighties is the platform back then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we know that though, but what about the people that trusted those people that were saying it would absolute confidence?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: That's what we do that all the time. Like listen, everybody in this room has been victim of that. Literally, that's right. That's why you have to make sure that when you're in this position that you're in, you are the one that's getting all the actual accurate information. You can't fall victim to the to the fake news. You can't fall victim to the fake headlines. Actually read the stories, so your listeners can say, well, at least I know that person, you know, did that do due diligence and they're giving me every single correct detail of the situation, right, That's it's just it's really just throwing us as personalities.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought, I think I also think it's on us if you've made a mistake, you know, like I made a mistake yesterday. I said Jordan instead of I said George instead of Jordan's.
Speaker 8: So I made a mistake. I used the I had a slip of the tongue. So what about these personalities that need to come forward and say, you know what, I made a mistake. I'm say, is anybody gonna do that or what?
Speaker 1: But that's how you gain trust. That that right there is how you gain trust. That's why I said, at least you don't You may not agree with everything we say. You don't have to like everything we say, but at least you know we real, because that's part of being real.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: If I make a mistake, if I put something out there that's not true, I say, hey man, that was wrong. That's how you gain trust in people. And that's that's up to the personality, and it's up to the person that's listening to that personality.
Speaker 8: Like you said, some people just like mess though too. You know, let's just talk about that.
Speaker 7: Some people just just like you, continuing to just have drama and mess and when somebody's literally telling you what it is, and then you run with it, and then you tell them, no, that wasn't what it is.
Speaker 8: They and they still running with the lives.
Speaker 1: That's always been around. It's always been it's always been tabloids. It's always been you know, gossipers.
Speaker 7: It just moves a lot faster now though, because the social media, I mean, it really can ruin somebody's whole life, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's not just entertainment anymore. Like it's not. It's not just entertainment. Your gossiping about your God's been about real life, real life issues that can cause people real life problems. That's right, all right, Well that is your I was gonna say, rumor be for that is your front page. It was Thicky Tass. Sure your follow at Testling Figure on all social media platforms and subscribe, uh the Attism Figures podcast, Great Shot, No Chase on the Black Effect Ie at Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 4: All right, now, when we come back, Republican presidential candidate Nikki Handley will be joining us and we're gonna talk to her next.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's to Breakfast Club one morning morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is dj n V Charlamage mcgud We are to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: We got a special guest in the building, Republican presidential candidate Baba Gover No South Carolina, Nikki Head. That's right, welcome, good morning and morning.
Speaker 22: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: How are you all is good?
Speaker 22: I can't complain. Listen, South Carolina. Still proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. I appreciate that. I read recently that you got swatted twice twice since since the end of December when they were targeting high profile politicians.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and you know the hard part about that is I wasn't home, but we take care of my parents. They're eighty seven and ninety. And when you have twenty five people show up with guns drawn, Jesus to them, like, what's happened to our country? Come on, I mean, we can't keep living like this. It's not normal, it's not healthy. There's nothing good about what's happening right now in the country. And look, we have a chance to change that. That's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: They to kick down the door or anything like that, or did they they.
Speaker 22: Actually they saw my parents through the window. They told them to put their hands up. They came through the door, and I mean immediately, like my parents had their hands up and they came in and separated them, talked to them. I mean, it was just it was a traumatic situash for twice. The second time they didn't come in because it had happened once before, so they were more cautious. The first time, it was full on.
Speaker 1: They didn't know it was your house, South Carolina.
Speaker 22: They didn't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, how did that make you feel?
Speaker 22: Look the reason I'm doing this. I don't want my kids to live like this were I know, we're better than this. I grew up in a small rural town and we took care of each other. It was neighbors taking care of neighbors, and it was just something simple about it.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 22: You genuinely wanted to take care of people. And we've lost that. I mean, right now, you see hatred, you see division, you see anger. I mean, you see these things where they're trying to like undercut people, and it's just, you know, it was exacerbating after COVID, but it's all the more reason why we need to go back and say, wait a minute, stop taking all this so personally, this isn't personal. This is just about getting our country back on track.
Speaker 1: A swatting is personal.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: If I call somebody's house, if I say, hey, this is going down in this house, that was personal.
Speaker 22: Well, I mean it's personal from a political perspective, yeah, I mean that's where it's a blood sport to run for office these days. But yeah, I mean that's it is. But it goes to show why, and it's why I'm so determined to finish this. Yeah, it's because I know America is better than this.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that in numbers in New Hampshire and the numbers in Iowa, and it's clear to me that when you look at those numbers, Republicans are looking for something different. A lot of Republicans are looking for something different. So why are conservatives willing to just turn the Republican Party over to Magnet?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 22: I voted for Trump twice. I was proud to serve America in his administration. I think people see that he never got announce a credit or a moment's piece, and they see him in these fights and they think that they need to show him thank you by being with him. But if you look at that the speech after New Hampshire or even the court cases and all that. He never talks about the American people. He never talks about what we're going to do to get this wasteful spending out of the way and get our economy back on track. He never talks about how we're going to get our kids reading again and go back to the basics in education. He never talks about securing the border unless he's saying stop it because I don't want it to happen until the election. I mean, he never talks about law and order in this country. He doesn't talk about these wars. That's what you got to be talking about. And honestly, with Biden and Trump, they care more about their investigations than themselves than they do about what we need to do in the country. And that's every reason why we need to go in a new direction.
Speaker 4: Why did you vote for him twice? If you feel this way about Trump, why did you feel that you had to vote for him twice?
Speaker 22: The reason I voted for him the first time was it was clear that our country needed a self correction. Trump was good at breaking things. We needed to break something. We needed to rattle the cages. And then you know, the second time I voted for him is I didn't want Biden. I saw that Biden was Obama two point zero, and I didn't want to take that chance of where he was going to take us. I knew they wanted to get back in the Iran deal. I knew that they weren't serious about closing the border. I knew that the wasteful spending that we had seen was going to happen, and so I voted for Trump thinking that he was going to do more of the same. But the reality is now chaos follows Donald Trump. Everywhere he goes, Chaos follows him. And we can't be a country in disarray and a world on fire and go through four more years of chaos. We won't survive it. There will be a first female president. It's either going to be Kamala Harris or it's going to be me, and it should send a chill up. Everyone's fine thinking about the fact that it would be Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you vote for Hillary in twenty.
Speaker 22: Sixty because I don't agree with anything that Hillary has said. I don't know that there's any policies of hers that I agree with. The reason I'm running now is because I'm an accountant. I think it's finally time we have an account in the White House. I've been a two term governor that took a double digit on employment state and turned it into an economic powerhouse. I dealt with Russia, China and Iran every day at the UN. I know what it takes to prevent more, and I think it's time that we have somebody that's a new generational leader that's not looking at the past but actually looking at solutions going forward.
Speaker 4: Now, you talk about your policies and some of the policies and the things that you stand on. You also said that you felt like Biden was been I guess Obama two point zero. What didn't you like about the Obama administration that you would have changed immediately? And what were you were against there? And you said something about Kamala. I want to ask why you said, if Kamala was president, why would send chills down?
Speaker 22: Sure, so a couple of things. I think with Obama that was if you go back, that's when we really started to feel the division was the white supremacist though, well no, I think it was it was everything. Everything was exaggerated with the Obama administration, it became more about gender, it became more about race. It became more about separating Americans instead of bringing them together.
Speaker 1: Right wing media though, well, they were scared to death of a black president.
Speaker 22: Look, I don't think everybody is at fault. I'm not saying that one person did this, but I'm saying under that administration, it really did cause some You just felt people felt like they were being put in camps through that administration. The second thing is I saw he was very much an Iranian sympathizer. He very much kept wanting to support and do things with iron. I think that's incredibly dangerous. This is a culture that says death to America, and you have to always be careful.
Speaker 18: A lot of.
Speaker 22: Spending happened on his watch that started us down that spiral. And then Obama did a lot of things by executive order, and that really started the He did a lot by executive order. Then Trump came in and reversed it all by executive order. Then Biden went and reversed it all. There, you've got to do it the hard way. You got to get Congress to come together and do those things because that makes it permanent. So what that did is that created leaders from around the world, so you just wait out a president. But more than that, people got used to just quick fixes instead of coming together and doing the hard work. So it was more about what do we need to do to move us forward in a way that we're lifting up everybody, not a select view. That's when I started to see it Kamala. It's from an experience standpoint. She's never been a governor, she's never had executive experience. She was a senator for a couple of years. But the things that Biden gave her, she didn't do anything with them. The border, she didn't do anything. I've spent more time at the border than she's spent at the border. When it came to artificial intelligence, he gave her that. She didn't do anything with it. America's behind everybody else when it comes to artificial intelligence. I just haven't seen her do anything. She went to overseas. He sent her to a foreign policy conference. She should have been talking about how we're going to have more allies with Philippines in India and South Korea and Japan and all that. She didn't say anything, and China just had their way with that conversation. It's not about her personally. It's about the fact that we are looking at a dangerous time in our country. This is not the time to go and put somebody in there and say, oh, we're going to do this because you do it. Because we've got to get the right person in there, and stop with the labels, and stop with the division, and stop with who's in which camp, and start focusing on how we're going to get America patriotic again and loving each other again.
Speaker 1: We got more with Nikki Haley when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ NV Charlamagne to God, we are to Breakfast Club. We're still cicking it with Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne. Let's talk about our beautiful state of South Carolina. That's what the next Republican primary is now based on. Simple math. People say there is no path for you to win South Carolina. So is it about ego at this point? Because it feels like it could be like a suicidealist.
Speaker 22: But why why are people saying that? What's the proof in that? So I moved twenty five points in New Hampshire in three weeks. My approval rating in South Carolina is seven percent. People like what I did as governor. My job now is to show them that I could be a good president. We had an event in North Charleston. We had one thousand people. We had an event in Malden we had fifteen hundred people. We were in Conway we had eight hundred people. People are coming out because they want something different, they want something new, and they trusted me as their governor and they appreciated what I did. I now have to show them that we can translate that as president.
Speaker 1: So question, if you know, let's say Trump dudwain right and then went to the whole election, would you be in his cabinet? Because the thing I hear Republicans do, y'all will say all these things about him, but then when he asked you to be in an administration, you'll be a part of it.
Speaker 22: I have said to everyone, I am running for president. I don't play for second. I don't want vice president, I don't want cabinet, I don't want anything like that. I am running because I think we have a country to save.
Speaker 1: Would you be in it if he asked you to?
Speaker 22: I don't want anything. I don't want anything. No, I don't want anything. I have said it in every way I know how to say it. I don't I want to be vice president. I don't want a position. I am running for president. That's my focus.
Speaker 4: A lot of women don't necessarily love your stance when it comes to abortion, and why is your stance that way towards abortion and abortion's rights and women's rights.
Speaker 22: The issue of abortion is personal for every woman and every man. It needs to be treated that way. I am personally, unapologetically pro life, not because the Republican Party tells me to be, but because my husband was adopted and I had trouble having both of my children. Having said that, I don't judge anyone for being pro choice any more than I want them to judge me for being pro life.
Speaker 8: So what should we do?
Speaker 22: We need to find consensus. Can't we agree to ban late term abortions. Can't we agree to encourage adoptions and good quality adoptions. Can't we agree that doctors and nurses who don't believe in abortions shouldn't have to perform them. Can't we agree that contraception should be accessible? And can't we agree that no state law should say to a woman if she's had an abortion, that she's going to jail or get the death penalty. Let's start there. I am not going to demonize this issue. They the fellaws, have done this all wrong. You have to humanize this issue. Our number one goal is how do we save as many babies as we can and support as many moms.
Speaker 5: As we can.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the stuff that you kind of stumbled over the last few weeks, right like when you say America has never been a racist country. I wonder, then, what did you consider the tragic shooting of a manual and me, what was that? Was that motivated by racism?
Speaker 22: Absolutely it was motivated. But I don't think America is a racist country, you know. I think that America, when you look at all, men should be created equal, given life, liberty in the pursuit of happiness. We should strive to say, how do we make today better than yesterday. We are not a perfect country. We've got stains in our history that we should never repeat. But if I grew up as a brown girl in a small rural town and my parents told me that I lived in a racist country, I would never have thought I had a chance. I want every child to know is there racism in our country?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 22: Should we call it out every time?
Speaker 13: You bet?
Speaker 22: But you can be anything you want to be without anyone getting in your way.
Speaker 1: Now I want to do why can't politicians Democrat and Republican because we've all heard We've heard you say America's never been a racist country. We've heard the Vice President say that before. We've heard og Jim Cliburne say that before, We've heard Tim Scott say that before. Why can't Democratic and Republicans just be honest and tell people, Hey, we can't have honest conversations about racism in this country because it's not a good electoral strategy.
Speaker 22: I mean, that's not why, That's why no everybody does. I have talked about racism as it affected me and how we need to get past it. I mean, keep it.
Speaker 1: You can't talk about it and say America's never been a real You can't stay America've never been a racist country, but then talk about the racism you experienced.
Speaker 22: There is racism in our country. I don't think that our country was founded to be racist. I don't I think that it was meant to be this amazing experiment to see if we could have freedom and democracy in a way that all men are created equal but are not there yet.
Speaker 1: If you didn't look at all men as equal from the beginning, then the ideology is flawed.
Speaker 22: But why do you want kids to hear that they live in a racist country. Why can't you tell kids, look, we're not perfect and we have some more things to fix. I just I don't want any child to think like that. I don't want any child to believe that their disadvantage from the second they're born. I didn't want to feel that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a disadvantage. I think if you tell somebody so, I think if you tell somebody's cold outside, you just that just makes them put on a cold.
Speaker 22: No, it makes them it makes them know what it's going to feel like before they even get outside. I don't want kids to feel that. I want them to get outside with confidence and strength and know that they can be anything.
Speaker 20: We have to do that.
Speaker 1: I think I got to know the truth too, you know, I don't think the truth.
Speaker 4: You know, like, I have two black sons, and they have to understand what they're facing when they go out to this world. It's not going to be the same as let's say my neighbor or a classmate. It's going to be the same, and it's true thing that same thing with you if you truth. And then let's say their brothers wore the same thing that your dad wore. They weren't going to have the same lifestyle and they were going to be looked at differently than your other classmates.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the truth.
Speaker 22: There was a we Missed Bamberg pageant that everybody would put their children in. It was the big thing in Bamberg. She always put your kids in. So my mom decided to put me and my sister in this pageant. And I was disqualified because they had a black queen and they had a white queen. And they said they didn't know where to put me because if I was in the black category, the blacks would be mad. If I was in the white category, the whites to be mad. So they gave me a beach ball and sent me all my way. Beach didn't Yeah, I know, that's all I got. Right only after my mom said, will you at least let her sing her song? You're never gonna believe it. My song was this land as your land, This land as my land. I mean, it doesn't get any worse than Listen. Did my parents sit down and say to us what happened here was wrong?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 22: But did they say this is the way the country is.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 22: My mom said, you get up, you show that this is We're going to make it better tomorrow. I just it's my mentality that I want everybody to know. We all have a job to do, and that's to fix this country, and we never stop doing it. We have racism, and it's terrible. I've felt it, y'all felt it. A lot of people have felt it. But are we not going to fight every day to make sure that we stomp it out wherever we see it? Absolutely? But I don't want kids being raised to think that they're never going to get past it. I want them to think that they can actually be the ones that help us get past.
Speaker 1: But they have to know what it is. You can't take it out of you can't take it out of classrooms, you can't take it out of curriculum. You can't act like it doesn't exist.
Speaker 12: I have to heal it.
Speaker 1: You have to reveal it in orider to hear it.
Speaker 22: But didn't we learn it in South Carolina. We learned about it. We learned about it in history classes. You should always talk about it in history classes. You don't know how to keep bad things from happening if you don't look at the past and say, okay, how do we go for Those are the lessons that we have to learn. I think it's fine to talk about it. I have no issues with that, but don't judge peopleeople who are trying to do right now and don't live in the past. Let's look forward and say what do we want to look like?
Speaker 1: So why did you take the Confederate flag? Nowls it because it was a symbolism of racism or hate? Like why they said, you said it was two sides, and it wasn't for me to judge.
Speaker 22: But you couldn't look at that killer draped in that Confederate flag and not know that that was it. Really is what I told the car I didn't want any child to ride by that and think of those nine people that died, and like, we had to do that that I had to. And the thing is they had tried for years to get it down.
Speaker 1: It was put up.
Speaker 22: It was put up by a Democrat governor who promised to just have it up for a year and take it down, and he never took it down. So this is not where you blame people. This is about saying, let's right or wrong. And that's what I've always tried to do. If I lived my life blaming you know, what Trump calls me today, or what somebody said about me yesterday or whatever, I'd spend all that energy on them instead of spend the energy on saying I'm going to do better.
Speaker 1: You think Trump mocking your birth name was racist?
Speaker 22: I mean, I think we can let other people decide that. I think you know, you look at it and it's kind of like the Tim Scott you sleep with yourself. I mean, we'll let Donald Trump sleep with that all he wants.
Speaker 1: Oh, he don't care. He sleeps very good at it.
Speaker 22: And then that's why we need a new president.
Speaker 4: We got more with Republican presidential candidate Nicki Haley. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne de God.
Speaker 1: We ought to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: We're still kicking it with Republican presidential candidate Nicki Haley.
Speaker 1: I got a question, what's your thoughts on immigration.
Speaker 22: So first of all, we got to secure the border. I mean, America is acting like it's September tenth, and we better remember what September twelfth felt like. It only takes one person and I have been to the border and it's horrific what's happening for both for the people that are coming and for the people.
Speaker 1: That have to live with it.
Speaker 22: So first, secure the border. We passed the toughest ilegal immigration law in the country when I was governor. I think the way we fix it is, you say we're going to have a national everify program. Every business has to prove that the people they hire in this country legally. We've got a defund sanctuary cities once and for all. If they know there's a safe haven, they're going to keep coming. You've got to put twenty five thousand Border Patrol and ICE agents on the ground and let them do their job. They're not letting them do it. Now, we have to go back to the remain in Mexico policy so that no one steps foot on US soil. And instead of catch and release, you got to go to catch and deport. But you also have to do legal immigration reform. It should not take someone ten years to become a citizen. I mean, right now, we've got to focus on what we need to do to get all of that slowness and bureaucracy out and allow it to be based on merit. What makes our country better start When you do it on merit, then all of a sudden, you're helping the economy, you're helping the country, You're doing all of those things. But they got to do both. And it's inexcusable that they continue to push this can down the road and wait for something bad to happen instead of just securing that border.
Speaker 1: Right now, would you use force against Texas if they try to secede over the border issuecause I'm dowdentein. You said you you US states should have the right to secede.
Speaker 5: Do you believe the states of the United States have the right?
Speaker 18: I think that they do.
Speaker 22: I mean the Constitution says that I believe in states rights. I believe that everything should be as close to the people to decide. We know that's not going to happen, that's not the issue. I think states have the right to make the decisions that their people want to make. I mean they do in South Carolina. We said we didn't want Syrian refugees. We said we didn't want Guantana Moubay prisoners. We said those things South. I do think that law should be made as close to the people as possible because it empowers the people. If Texas decides they want to do that, they.
Speaker 20: Can do that.
Speaker 22: But I don't think that if that whole state says we don't want to be part of America anymore, I mean, that's their decision to make. But I don't think government needs to tell people how to live, how to do anything. I mean, I think that we need to let freedom live.
Speaker 1: You know, in too Donentent, you also said about the civil well you said it hand interview to that is about tradition versus change, and then asked you about it earlier this year and you said it wasn't about slavery, But then you came back and said it was. Why initially didn't you just say, hey, it was about slavery.
Speaker 22: So the context of that is I've done over one hundred and sixty town halls, answering every question, shaking every hand. We don't screen anything all that. When he asked that question, I made the mistake of thinking.
Speaker 12: He was.
Speaker 22: He was trying to ask something else. I could tell that he was not a fan. Slavery should have been the first thing that came out of my mouth. I mean, growing up in South Carolina, we all knew that the Civil War was about slavery. That almost seemed too easy. I thought he was asking a harder question, and that's why I didn't say it. It was wrong. I should have said it. I agree, you know that, But it was just me overthinking that question. Stupid that night, like oh yeah, I mean it was one of those things like because it was so like slavery's a given, so I was mad that it was a given. But I was too busy judging his intentions than I was just answering the question, and it was a mistake.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of big Democratic donors, you know, who have donated to anti Trump candidates and causes, and he've donated to your campaign. Why do you think? Why do you think that is?
Speaker 22: I don't go after any certain kind of donor. We need donors, we need voters. I put myself out there and so whoever contributes, I don't say are you a Republican or are you a Democrat? Are you an independent, I don't ask that if they support what we're doing, we appreciate the same with voters. I don't just go to maga Republicans. I don't just go to Republicans. I'm talking to Republicans, I'm talking to independents, I'm talking to Democrats. I'm talking to anybody that will listen. Because this is a story about addition, you should want. I've said this to the Republican Party a million times. Republicans have lost the last seven out of eight popular votes for president. That's nothing to be proud of. We should want to win the majority of Americans. That's what I'm trying to do is I want everybody. So if people decide to donate to us, I appreciate it. We'll take it. But at the end of the day, I'm focused on lifting up everybody. That's where I think our country finally needs to go.
Speaker 1: How has Trump changed politics for the good and of bad.
Speaker 22: He's made it chaotic, He's made it self absorbed. He's made people dislike and judge each other. He's left that a president should have moral clarity and know the difference between right or wrong, and he's just toxic. I think a lot of the things he broke needed to be broken. But he doesn't know how to fix things again. And it's not okay to just break. You've got to fix it and make it better, and he hasn't done that.
Speaker 1: What do you think he's done good for the culture of politics? And I'm not talking about legislation. I'm talking about the example I use is I feel like Trump has killed the language of politics. If politicians wanted to, they could really be on their bullworth stuff and really just tell the truth speaker like it is and people wouldn't care. And when you said you talk about the moral aspect of it. I never expected politicians to be perfect, because I know they're not. So he's kind of like broken that mold the way y'all don't have to be.
Speaker 22: And moral clarity, though, isn't about being a moral person. That's moral clarity is just knowing the difference between right and wrong, knowing the difference of should you call a group of people a name or not should you disqualified? That's the moral clarity I'm talking about. What I think he did right was one he broke some things that needed to be broken. I think those were important. Breaking the bureaucracy and getting things to move in a way that people started talking about them again, I think was important. I think the other thing that he did was he really tapped into a group that felt unheard and unseen. We should always focus on how you can and the unheard unseen are people like where I grew up in Bamberg, South Carolina. Those people who work hard every day. They don't have a lot of time for politics, but they take care of their family. But they felt unheard and unseen. And he tapped into that, and I think that that was something that was good. I think that, you know, we should always try and tap into those people that you may not see every day, or you may not hear, or they may not donate. You still got to focus on them too.
Speaker 1: Last question, is all is worth it?
Speaker 22: Yes, because we have a country to save. We have a country to save, and I am not going to stop until we do this. I know in my soul I'm supposed to be doing this. I know it because I one don't want my kids to live like this. I don't want anybody's kids to live like this. This is not normal. There's nothing about it that's normal. It's not normal to have two eighty year olds running. It's not normal to have this chaos around us. It's not normal for us to have wars all over the world and you're sitting there talking about court cases and calling people names. That's not normal.
Speaker 1: You contributed to a lot of it, though, hell being a part of the administration did it for No.
Speaker 22: When I was part of his administration, I told countries what America was for and what America was against. I didn't care if they didn't like me, but I wanted them to respect America. We brought respect to the United Nations again. From America. Countries trusted us and respected us again. I'm very proud of what I did. I didn't work in DC. I never wanted to be. I went there, I had my national security meetings, and I left. I didn't get into the drama. I didn't get into any of the politics there. I didn't go to the parties. I stayed here in New York and I did my job and only went to meetings when I had to. I kept my head down and focused on what my job was. I've always done that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Nicki Haley, how did you donate to your campaign?
Speaker 22: Go to Nicki Haley dot com. If you're in South Carolina, we could do early voting February twelfth, the primaries on February twenty fourth, show up their ID and let's get it done.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the conversation.
Speaker 22: Thank you, this was fun.
Speaker 1: NICKI Haley. It's the breakfast club in the morning. Another one, Hey, yo, sleuth. All the women who have lost two pounds since January third because they got a gym membership and now they spending all their money at fab Lettings. Shut up, sim I'm talking to you. Sims. They said, they told said, don't look at the scale. Man, live alone. Sim is one of our producers. Man, she don't spend all their money at fab Lettings because she lost two pounds since the third of January. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: She says she doesn't know because they told her to look at the scale. Okay, all right, well everybody, we all to breakfast club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk ta pain, lot of name or you've gossip?
Speaker 1: Been you chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 4: Spells right right now, t Pain of course successful platinum platinum, multi platinum artists. He's a writer as well. If you didn't know, he writes a lot of R and B music in also country songs. This is him talking a couple of years back of him ghostwriting, I.
Speaker 1: Write a lot of country music, a lot of country artists, for huge country artists that that would rather not have it known that I that I did it.
Speaker 23: Anyway, So with the but no, the yeah, Now I've written a lot of I lived in Nashville for two years. I literally lived at the studio. I parked my bus in the back of the studio and just lived on my bus at the studio.
Speaker 1: Just went in there every day. Uh, that's what I got back.
Speaker 23: Up of Taylors with and Luke Bryan and Rhett Atkins, David Dallas, Dallas Davison. So you know, I've written a lot for a lot of very important country artists.
Speaker 4: Interesting now he talks about why he will won't put his name on the credits anymore with writing these songs.
Speaker 8: Good music is good music.
Speaker 1: Don't get where it come from well styling.
Speaker 23: I mean, all the people I know like feel like it's not cool to listen to other genres of music. Country music is where I get all my harmony country and gospel music. That's where that's where all my harmony's gone from.
Speaker 5: I don't wrote a lot of country songs.
Speaker 12: Stop taking credit for it because.
Speaker 23: As cool as it is to see your name and those credits like that, the racism that comes after it is just like, I'll just take the check.
Speaker 1: Don't put me on that. I'll just take the check. Bro, never mind that.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's still like that now, because you got a lot of black country artists that's popping, like Came Brown. We met Came Brown at the iHeart Radio Music Festival last year. You got Jimmy Allen, Alison Russell. Is that is Alison? Is that your name? Alison Russell Russe? That the one from New But No, I'm just saying it's a lot of dope black country artists out right now. So I wonder if that still holds true.
Speaker 4: Well, he's just he's just said that like a day ago, so I'm sure it still does. And I don't think a lot of times people give t Paining the credit he deserves it. All the stuff that he's done with writing, with producing, with with his hit singles with the stuff that he's doing outside of music.
Speaker 1: He paying drop a bomb for TPA Drop. I would like I would like to know more about that the black country angle though. Yeah, and speaking of black country, you know, I have a book in print called Black Privilege Publisher through Simon and Schusta. The next release that is coming out on Black Privilege Publishing is actually by Alison Alice Randall and she has a book called My Black Country and it is a journey through countries country music's black past, present and future. It's available for pre order right now whoever you buy books. It's called My Black Country. Okay, this is great, great little plug since we talking about black people in the country.
Speaker 4: Music now common shout to comment. He did an interview with Sway in the morning and now he was talking to head to be it has to be asked him about black men and talking about black women and how black women could get you know, better and stronger in their relationship.
Speaker 24: The support and the encouragement is one thing. Obviously honesty is very important, but honesty would care one thing.
Speaker 5: I read this pastor. He was from the Bahamas.
Speaker 24: His name is Miles Munro, doctor Miles Munroe and he and I started reading him because I was trying to really get in what is the purpose of a man and a woman like together? And one of the things that he mentions that I think is like I found found natural is men we like to provide, we like to protect. That's that's some things that we naturally like to do. Some things that women naturally do. Our nurturers, they lead us to in their own ways. So I think, you know, a woman being able to be nurturing but also be supportive. You might call it old fashioned, but I feel like it's nature for me to want to take care of these things.
Speaker 5: So let me do some of those things.
Speaker 24: But also hoping and seeing if that man has a vision that you could support that even if he's not there yet.
Speaker 4: Now I have to be asked and what advice. What it gives Black women struggling relationships because they grew up without a father.
Speaker 1: So that's what he was discussing, Oh, you gonna play have to be clip, We don't have that question. Yes, it's actually natural for us to take care of each other. We complicate this thing when we don't have to. Man, black men love black women, Black women love black men. Okay, drop on a glues bomb for us. All right, don't let social media and interracial relationships fool you. Okay, Black men and black women are way more unified than people think. Absolutely okay, And lastly this I thought this was funny.
Speaker 4: Benzenoo talks about him not following his daughter on social media. He recently did an interview and said and told the reason why he doesn't follow Coiler Rat.
Speaker 5: So I don't.
Speaker 21: I can't follow her Instagram because you know, she could be in a bikini, you know, twerking or something.
Speaker 5: So, but I love her to death, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So I want to be able to you know what I'm saying, visualize her the way I want to visualize. He has my daughter necessarily as an artist or as coy or you know what I mean. I don't want to visualize my daughter like that.
Speaker 25: My mother has followed and un followed me on Instagram quite a few times.
Speaker 1: For similar reasons. Yeah. I respect that. I can totally understand me my kids on on social media, but I can totally understand his mindset and his perspective. You would not want to open up your Instagram and that's what you see.
Speaker 4: No, No, but you know, my daughter, who is a lot older, is on Instagram, and if there's anything that she thinks I might have a problem with, or you know, if she's in a bikini or something like that, she'll run.
Speaker 1: It past me. First, Dad, what do you think about this? You need to run things past her? Okay, because from what I see, the kids got way more sense than you got. Okay, Logan is the man of the house and she's definitely got more sense than you. Madison. You embarrassed your kids way more on social media. Niguad ever embarrassed you. I've seen you post videos and I'm like, man, could somebody tell him to take this down? So I can only imagine how they feel. She don't need to run nothing past up. All right, maybe my mama, mama, I run thinks a bat Mama. Mama got the best judgment, clear.
Speaker 4: And that is your room and report and when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Parents, how do you handle following your kids on social media?
Speaker 1: Damn man, having to block your child it's gotta be wid Yeah, well, that is the question.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five for one, parents, how do you follow your kids or how do you handle following your kids on social media?
Speaker 1: We'll do it after donkey. Who you give your donkey too?
Speaker 12: Bro Man?
Speaker 1: For after the hour, we need Bertel Johnson to come to the front of the congregation speaking of social media. Okay, we shall discuss all.
Speaker 4: Right, we'll get into that next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 14: Your execution on the donkey of the day is something to God give you the reason they gave me.
Speaker 1: Dounky other day and I deserve that.
Speaker 8: You need to know.
Speaker 1: You need to tell them.
Speaker 13: I am you have the boy, tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for donkey.
Speaker 11: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at Charlamagne Chara.
Speaker 7: Salamine.
Speaker 1: Who do you give it dusky other day too? Man m h, I was part tried to get a drink of water donkey to day for Wednesday, January thirty first, My god, it's only the thirty first. Why does it feel like January was two muchs man? I felt every single one of those thirty one days, Lord have mercy, but dogg here to day. But January thirty first goes to Birtel Johnson. Okay, Birtel is a young man from Chicago, and he's the latest victim of the false reality that is social media. I've gotten on this radio for years and he said, the things you do online will absolutely get you jams up offline. And I don't understand for the life of me, why people care more about what social media thinks. I don't understand why they cared more about what social media believes than they do about what actually happens to them in real life. See Burteil is a convicted felon who is free on electronic monitoring. Well, he was free on ele electronic monitoring a waiting trial on murder and attempted murder charges. Now, anybody with a bump of common sense. When I say a bump, I'm talking a bump, just a hit a common sense. I'm talking a bump of common sense that can be administered by dipping the tip of a car a house key into the common sense and just an haligate. All right, just a little bit of common sense on your fingernails can be used to take that bump. Okay, a bump of common sense. A bump is such a small amount, but that little bit of common sense goes a long way, and that's all Burtel needed, just a bump of common sense to keep him out of the situation he is currently in se as. I told you Burteil is a convicted felon who has been free on electronic monitoring, a waiting trial on murder and attempted murder charges. So if you were a waiting trial for killing somebody, you probably should try to show the courts, you know, that you aren't that type of person. But this is twenty twenty four and people are who they are, and they couldn't, you know, hide themselves if they tried. See Burtel is back behind bars right now because of a startling discovery that was made inside this Chicago home. I used the word startling discovery because that's the wording the article used, But in light of what made the police go to his house in the first place, there is nothing startling about this discovery. See Earlier this month, the Cook County Sheriff's office says investigators found multiple guns, ammunition, and suspected narcotics inside his house after he posted photos on social media of himself carrying a semi automatic rifle and a handgun modified with a switch that turns the weapon fully automatic. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to Fox thirty two for the report police a.
Speaker 26: Convicted fellow and who's on electronic monitoring awaiting trial now facing more charges tonight. Bertel Johnson has been out on bond since twenty twenty one, charged with first degree murder and first degree attempted murder.
Speaker 1: Earlier this month, The Cook County.
Speaker 26: Sheriff's Office says investigators found multiple guns, ammunition, and suspected narcotics in his home.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not the highest grade weed in the dispensary. Never happened, never claimed to be. I just feel like, you know, if you're on house arrests for murder and you posting pixel, you carrying semi automatic rifles and handguns, if you're on electronic mone monitoring for murder, let me give you a list of things you should be posting on social media instead of guns. Number one yard work. Okay, I want to see you cutting grass, trimming some headges, picking trash, loose garbage out of people's yards. Actually, you in Chicago, I want to see you shoveling some snow for some old people. Okay, Go shovel some driveways. Okay, get some snow off the steps, all right. Post some pictures of you reading Bible scriptures, reading the Koran. I'll fill ima lack them. Okay. Post some pictures of you and your local pastor. All right, go donate some blood. Post that's what. Go donate some blood. Post some pictures of that, all right, with funny captions like Magic Johnson. Could never just show me pictures and videos of you being proactively helpful. Okay, you are on electronic monitoring for murder and attempted murder. These people already thank you a monster. All right. The last ten you should be showing them is that you still have guns, and not just guns and assault rifle. Three handguns, including one one of the face serial number and auto switch attacks, one high capacity fifty round drum magazine and extended nine milimeter magazine, two empty nine milimeter magazines, nearly one hundre and fifty live rounds of ammunition of various calibers. Sixteen grams of suspected cocaine. Approximately three hundred grams are suspected weed, seventy eight oxy coat on pills in four thousand and cash he got caught with all of that while being on electronic monitoring for murder. Oh yeah, the white man got some shelter for you. Now, the white man got housing for negroes like yourself. The white man sees situations like this and started rubbing his hands together and licking his lips like, yeah, we got another one. And I just don't understand the mentality the logic on why Burtel would you feel the need to showcase any of this on social media. I truly believe we have celebrated this type of dysfunction for so long, normalizing for so long that these negroes think they really got a career. They show this type of behavior off like they want to be the Doctor Miami of goons. Okay, doctor Miami shows off his work in the form of bbls and breast augmentations and lipful suction. So Burtell's like, let me show you my work in the form of all these damn guns and all these damn drugs. Yeah, we see you, Okay, we see you use this rifle. This this is the This is the semi automatic rifle that I used to kill ops over there. This is the handgun I used to shoot that ops over yonder and we did it while HI on these drugs. Right, yeah, Okay, I tell you, destiny is not a matter of choice. It's a matter It's not a matter of chance. It's a matter of choice. Okay, Nobody is destined to be a career criminal at thirty years old. Let me repeat, destiny is not a matter of chance. It's a matter of choice. Nobody is destined to be a career criminal at thirty years old. But when you make as many poor criminal choices as Bertel has made, when you choose this life of crime, you are guaranteed to end up the white man's tenant forever. Please give Birtel Johnson the biggest he huh. Matter of fact, let rem you ma give Brotel Johnson the biggest he hull hee haw he ha. You stupid motherfuck? Are you dumb?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes he is remy, Yes he is damn so sad. All right, well thank you for that dog get to day, sir. Yes, indeed, there's I already said, Negro, there's no need. There's no absolutely no need, because I mean you said the white man's yem, the white man. Then you said this, Negro. I mean I was hoping you wouldn't know. There's no need to pro people off the cold on Damn, I just had it. Hold on, hold on, hold on and damn, hold on. He got his picture. Damn, let me see his picture. Come on now, let me say, come on now, tyfficult Chicago. He like he looks like all the keys he do look perfectly. Come on now, come on now, i'me on now. I'm sure he had a ski mask before you took them. Definitely they had to tell him take it off. The shot. God, he definitely had the pool shik steal. Yeah, all right, well, thank you for that. Donkey to day. Now, let's hop it up.
Speaker 4: The phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one, ben Zeno if you if you just missed the rumor report was talking about his daughter coy Rate and why he doesn't follow her on social media.
Speaker 5: So I don't.
Speaker 21: I can't follow her Instagram because then you know, she could be in a bikini, you know, twerking or something. So I but I love her to death, you know what I'm saying. So I want to be able to you know what I'm saying, visualize her the way I want to visualize her as my daughter necessarily as an artist or as coy or you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't want to visualize my daughter like that.
Speaker 25: My mother has followed and unfollowed me on Instagram quite a few times over the year.
Speaker 4: All right, the question eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. As a parent, how do you handle following your kids on social media?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. Will take your calls when we come back as the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we were talking about something ben Zeno said in an interview.
Speaker 1: Let's here.
Speaker 21: So I don't I can't follow her Instagram because then you know, she could be in a bikini, you know, twerking or something.
Speaker 5: So I but I love her to death, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So I want to be able to, you know what I'm saying, visualize her the way I want to visualize her as my daughter, necessarily as an artist or as coy or you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't want to visualize my daughter like that.
Speaker 25: My mother has followed and unfollowed me on Instagram quite a few times.
Speaker 5: Over the years.
Speaker 1: For similar reasons.
Speaker 12: For sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're asking eight hundred and five five one oh five one. As a parent, how do you handle following your kids on social media? For myself, only my two oldest kids have social media and they really don't post too much. And anything my daughter does post, she usually runs by me before she posts anyway. But if I did have a child that was tworking and posting, you know, he picks all the time, that would be uncomfortable. It would be uncomfortable. I think it would be. I think I would have to unfollow them, and not necessarily because of that, well because of that as well, but also because of the comments too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my daughter don't have social media, you know, but your do the show or fifteen? I mean, I have a four daughter's fifteen, eight, five and two. But you know, yeah, social media is just something that I don't even ever want them to get to get into. You know, I just see where it's going, I see where it's headed, I see where it's at now. I don't need to even ever, you know, give your brain, your time and attention and way to that thing. But yeah, I can totally understand whe Benzino's coming from that. That would be super uncomfortable, you know, to open up Instagram and you know, see your daughter doing that. But that's also just the I don't want to see the price. That's not the right word, but that's just also life, right, It's kind of the price you pay for fame. Yes, that's the price that you have, the price you pay for having a daughter. But your daughter is going to grow up, and your daughter is going to grow up and be an object of desire because that's what the person you had that daughter with with somebody else, his daughter.
Speaker 4: It's a lot worse that she's a celebrity and she's famous and she's an artist. Even if she wasn't, I get what you're saying, but he was.
Speaker 1: Its more eyes on her now, sure, But I don't even think that's what he's concerned about. He's he's concerned with her. He's just concerned about opening up Instagram and seeing his daughter's talking in a bikini like that would make anybody uncomfortable. I don't care if you're a male man or a famous rapper, you know what I mean, Like that's just yeah, it's embarrassing, but it works both ways because you know, as an adult, there's things that I'm sure that you could do that embarrass your daughter.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, we all, we all have to be cognitivet of that. We all represent each other. Like Envy's very embarrassing. Like you know what I mean. I know that. You know, Logan and Madison are very embarrassed by their father at a certain points, but they love you. Yeah, you know, but I don't have n't posted myself with a bikini torquing. Yeah. Oh, you've done way worse, Alexandria, way worse. I've seen it. Hello, Hey, what's your name, Alexandria?
Speaker 4: You just said that, well, Alexandria, that we're talking about. Do you follow your kids on social media? On social media?
Speaker 10: I do not have two kids, a little girl and little boy. The boy isn't biologically mind, so he's going through, like you know, trying to find himself and all that.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, so.
Speaker 10: I can't do in front of him.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 17: I do not.
Speaker 10: Oh so you don't follow me off Instagram?
Speaker 12: No? Fa?
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't follow him because you'll be wilding out. Oh so you'll be hold on, hold on, you be showing your ass on social media.
Speaker 10: But I mean, like, you know, on bikinis or whatever, because I am married, I'm a merrid woman on.
Speaker 1: Faithful of hell.
Speaker 10: So it's like it's nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: Don't you don't want to you don't want to turn him on. I'm trying to. I'm confused, like what's going on?
Speaker 10: He did, I don't want to, Like, okay, So we had a little situation where if I'm in the bathroom, he'll busting up and he'll put his hands over his eyes. He'll open her fingers so he's trying to see something.
Speaker 1: He's trying to see. So he's trying to see something. This is step mommy. So this ain't mom and mommy, this is step No. Yes, oh he know. He on point her watching them videos that got them titles like that got left alone with step mommy. That's what that's what that's that's what the hell is going on step mama. Let me just ask him not being rude? Are you is your body? You have big boobs in a big rare, so I'm like, I have a big blood.
Speaker 10: I'm not I don't have like, but still I have a body.
Speaker 1: Like a white man. Why why what did you think he was talking to a white man? Just now, do you have a big rear.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to say a big respectable I didn't want to say trying to be respect all language.
Speaker 1: Understand you know you're not disrespecting. I don't want direspect I don't know what to tell you. Man, you got that horny little boy running around your house.
Speaker 10: I just I just want people to understand, like it's nothing wrong with that, you know, because at the end of the day, you want to see your children as children, but you also want your children to see you as their parents.
Speaker 1: You need to get a lock on your door though, too, Mama, you need not.
Speaker 10: Going to have see now, I got a lock on my door, like a real lock, because you know, like you.
Speaker 1: So like you know.
Speaker 4: You better catch you talking about man because if he's into mom like that, I'm sure he grab.
Speaker 1: Wll you are projected and you need to shut up because you're telling a lot about yourself when you're getting it for this. You don't know how you got She just says she runs into the bathroom because it's totally different than what you're talking about? How old is he?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: He a little boy? Yeah, a little honey, little boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand I this Christ all right, Alexandria, all right, y'all have a good way.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If you just joined us, we're talking about something, Benzino said, let's play a clip.
Speaker 21: So I don't I can't follow her Instagram because you know, she could be in a bikini, you know, twerking or something.
Speaker 5: So I but I love her to death, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So I want to be able to you know what I'm saying, visualize her the way I want to visualize her as my daughter, not necessarily as an artist or as coy or you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't want to visualize my daughter like that.
Speaker 25: My mother has followed and unfollowed me on Instagram quite a few times.
Speaker 1: For similar reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're asking, as a parent, how do you handle following your kids on social media?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss at the breakfast Global morning. Let's say, if you're all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topping times.
Speaker 2: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join.
Speaker 4: Into the discussion with the Breakfast Club mourning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking and asking, as a parent, how do you handle following your kids on social media? This conversation comes from Vincino. He was talking about his daughter, Cola Ray. This is what he said.
Speaker 21: So, I don't I can't follow her Instagram because then, you know, she could be in a bikini, you know, twerking or something.
Speaker 5: So I but I love her to death, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So I want to be able to you know what I'm saying, visualize her the way I want to visualize her as my daughter, necessarily as an artist or as coy or you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't want to visualize my daughter like that.
Speaker 25: My mother has followed and unfollowed me on Instagram quite a few times.
Speaker 5: Over the years.
Speaker 1: For similar reasons.
Speaker 12: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Nicole on the line. The cold, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 17: How you feeling the cold, Nicole, I'm feeling well. How about you, gentlemen?
Speaker 1: Good good good. So we're asking how do you handle following your kids on social media?
Speaker 17: Well, my daughter is fifteen, and she has like probably four or five accounts. One account that her father and I get to see, one that she shows people that she really quote unquote doesn't deal with like that, ones that her friends can see, ones that she actually uses for certain postings. So we really don't know where to go. We just only have one.
Speaker 1: Really, how did you figure out she has five different accounts?
Speaker 17: Because when I asked her, I sent you something, did you see it? And she said, no, where did you send it? And I said, but what do you mean where did you send it?
Speaker 8: I have this?
Speaker 12: She said, oh, yeah, those people.
Speaker 17: I don't deal with them.
Speaker 1: No more like that.
Speaker 17: So I created another page and send it to this or if you send it to these two.
Speaker 12: I'll get that.
Speaker 17: And so she has multiple accounts and I just can't keep up.
Speaker 1: Are you calling from Baltimore?
Speaker 12: Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard the T you and it was something else you said.
Speaker 7: I heard.
Speaker 1: I heard the E at the end of a few words. Yes, just Larrus starts here next Monday.
Speaker 12: By the way, I am so excited.
Speaker 17: I wanted to say congratulations to her. I'm so happy for her and so happy for you guys that you get that blessing of.
Speaker 1: Her presence of being there with absolutely right.
Speaker 17: But I did have something to say a few other things to say real quick to y'all because I couldn't get through the first thing Charlemagne when you were talking about Shaq and how he didn't want to divulge personal information to a woman.
Speaker 12: Hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 17: So if you're gonna say something hurtful to someone, that's because you want to cut them as deep as you know, as bad as you feel. So if you're not an involved person and be able to take that, then I agree with you. You know you should be in a position to truck, So I get that. But the other thing is for envy. I happened to watch television the other night, and I'll see you the moonlight. No one caught in that hat. I see you out there trying to help relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and shouts at the timmy room.
Speaker 20: Wa.
Speaker 1: We did caught in the act last year. We had a lot of fun doing that, So salute to her. I'm trying. I'll be out there working they you know, they be stressing me out. They be fighting.
Speaker 4: I'll be trying to break up the fights. I'll be trying to show them some love. Hey, they they be working me.
Speaker 17: That one gentleman.
Speaker 10: He was on their crying and Freeman.
Speaker 12: I said, oh Lord, have mercy. I couldn't stop laughing. It gave me a real good giggle.
Speaker 4: The Diesel dude, Yeah, I had to get security for him like that, That's what I said.
Speaker 1: I said, he too, Diesel to be acting like that. I can't be. I can't be breaking up a fight. He's too big for that. Pause, pause, but thank you mama.
Speaker 17: All right, y'all have a good one.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 12: This is boy Sterling stacks. Man, it was good.
Speaker 1: How you feeling? What's up?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 6: How you doing yelling?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: What's uping?
Speaker 4: My guy?
Speaker 1: I ain't talking to you in a minute?
Speaker 18: Yeah, man, good minute, man. Graduation on everything, man at the Black Effect Joint. Man, you're the publishing thing all that. Man, Thank you, brother, you're ready to stay well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother, You see you all day. So we're asking, how do you hear no following your kids on social media?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 11: Man, I'm lucky.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 11: Luckily my daughter ain't that raunchy.
Speaker 12: You know, she ain't ghetto.
Speaker 6: You know, I was worried about it at first, but you know, after follow up a little bit.
Speaker 11: I sen that you know, she don't do nothing crazy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, so it's a little bit easier.
Speaker 12: And I mean she's twenty.
Speaker 11: Nine, so you know she don't you know, she out, she drinking, you know, she partying.
Speaker 5: With her girls.
Speaker 18: But her clothes ain't never too revealing, you know.
Speaker 11: But if I do see her with like, you know, too many cups, you know, I will shoot a tech.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she know she know to behave because daddy watching. I wonder if that if that helps parents, parents following.
Speaker 18: Everybody watching, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I think I think her mom follows her, you know what I mean, her auntie, you know, but we ain't raised it like that, you know.
Speaker 11: So now some of the younger girls I see, I don't know how they parents do it. Now she was a little bit, you know, doing like you know, songs and bikinis.
Speaker 1: I'd have to unfollow them totally get it right?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 12: Brother?
Speaker 1: What's the morell of the story. I don't know. I don't have kids on social media. I don't know, but I do. I think Earland Stacks brought up a good point. I think that if kids know their parents are following them, but and vice versa, parents know your kids are following them. I think we're all more aware of what we're putting putting on social media, so I think that is good. We should probably police, should all police each other like that. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we gotta discuss Snoop Dogg. We'll tell you what made Snoop pass out, what made him fake. We'll talk about it when we come back, So don't move. It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody. It's j n V. Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Snoop Dogg. Or you've got the report.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now. A few more days, a few more days. So just with the mess that's right now.
Speaker 4: Snoop Dogg talks about the time he actually was starstruck and actually fainted meeting somebody.
Speaker 8: Have you ever been starstruck by anybody?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I have, Pam Grid. We're doing the movie Bones right, and this is young Snoop. I'm young at the time, right, They tell me I got to roll with Pam Grid. So I'm like, all right, I'm gonna got Pam Grid catch the flight to uh Frisco to Vancouver. So when I get to Frisco, I'm sitting down and Pam Grid walk come and just sit right next to me and start talking. Jim My heart beat fast, So I'm like, Okay, I hear what you're saying, Pam, give me a minute.
Speaker 12: I go to the.
Speaker 5: Bathroom and faint.
Speaker 7: You painted? For real?
Speaker 12: I painted.
Speaker 3: I'm laying on the ground, my security coming.
Speaker 1: They like, get off this nasty floor, man, what is you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I looked up, I said, God, I just met Pam Grid and they pulled me off the floor, wipe me down, and I sat next to her with the whole flight and I didn't even look at her.
Speaker 5: She was talking to me.
Speaker 12: And just can't believe him.
Speaker 1: Damn what movie was that?
Speaker 4: Bones came out in two thousand and one. Now, also he talks about he was doing the Jennifer Hudson Show. By the way, that was her interview of him why he needed his own trailer at the Jennifer Hudson Show.
Speaker 13: This is the first time on the Jennifer Hudson Show.
Speaker 7: Well, when I pull up, I saw a whole trailer outside of the studio.
Speaker 1: That's you.
Speaker 3: I wanted to respect your space. It's certain things that I do before I go on stage. Want that too, Certain things like what I mean, I have a certain aroma that I don't want you follow me to your set.
Speaker 8: I just want to know this, how long you been snooking?
Speaker 1: Like when you start?
Speaker 13: Do you even remember when you started?
Speaker 3: I started probably when I got to like twelfth grade, and then I was like on and off, and then when I started making records, it became like it was medicine for me. It was like my medicine to keep me calm and to keep me focused on what I was supposed to be doing.
Speaker 5: So I would say probably thirty some years.
Speaker 1: Drawing the clues bonds to Snoop Dogg. I find it very disrespectful that y'all know Snoop becoming to y'all shows and becoming to y'all you know, places of business, and y'all don't already have a designated place for him to Snoop I mean smoke, Okay, you know who Snoop Dogg is you know what Snoop Dogg is about. You should actually have weed for Okay, he carries his own weed. I'm sure he does. I'm sure he does. What you got to make arrangements for Snoop and his smoking when Snoop comes to your facility. Snoopy the only person when we had the old breakfast clubs that Snoop was the only person that smoked in that studio?
Speaker 5: Was he the one?
Speaker 1: I thought that much might have been somebody that lit up we yea told turn it out. Yeah, they don't have They didn't have that type of cultural cachet that Snoop Dogg cass. Okay, wisden right, No, I don't think it was Wiz. I think it was Ray Sherman, one of the race remembers. Guys. I think they might have took a puff. He told him to stop. Yeah, Snoop.
Speaker 4: Snoop had a vape though he didn't even have like a blunt. I don't think I remember it was something else. I know he was the only one that smoked. Now, Ray, she's been doing promo for her role in American Fiction Now. During the interview, she started talking about so many black shows getting canceled. She's seeing you so you're seeing so many executives get canned. You're seeing very clearly now that our story are less of a priority. So she's saying that she might just take things on an independent route. She's like, she can't do it no more. She said, I can't force you to make my stuff. It's made me take more steps to try to be independent down the line if I have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's less of a priority because it's making less of a profit, you know. And he says, right, it might possibly be over because you know, we had a window, and that window did not necessarily translating the ratings and revenue like it should have. And all these folks need is a legit reason to not do what a lot of them never wanted to do in the first place.
Speaker 4: You think, you think it's the fact that people didn't know about these movies, because I'm just thinking about the last what let's say, the last sixty days, right, Yeah, Color Purple.
Speaker 1: That didn't meet expectations, right, I think people just Clarence, I don't. I think Color Purple had a bad rollout. I think it did well the first week. The first thing I think to Roji kind of overshadow color purple a little bit. And I'm not sure how people feel about remakes, you know what I mean, Like there was no sense of urgency, want to rush out of sea color. Book of Clarence. Then you had Book of Clarence. Was good for doing a movie.
Speaker 12: Right now.
Speaker 1: I think Origins did I for the theaters that it was in Book of Clarence. You had forty million dollars and I think it only made like three first weekend, so that wasn't good. I'm just saying, if people don't watch these shows, if people don't show up to the box office, then these networks, these studios, they have legitimate reasons to not make these projects. And even if artists start, you know, doing their own independent projects, you still got to support them with your dollars and your viewership. This business is about ratings and revenue. Period. That's right, that's it. You can justify anything when you get in the ratings and you're getting the revenue. Okay, period, all right, Well that is your room or report, all right? Now up next week.
Speaker 4: Got the People's Choice mixed eight hundred and five eight five one five one call us up right now, get your request It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the.
Speaker 4: Same morning, everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Just a couple of day is left to Jess Hilarious starts, which.
Speaker 1: Is February fifth. On Monday. The Breakfast Club Dynasty continues. On February fifth, the good Sister Just Hilarious is officially the new third co host of The Breakfast Club. Man So you know, rumor report will be just with the Mess and her news is real allegedly, and you can get just fixed my mess as well. That's right. Actually, you know, for everybody that listens to the Just Hilarious podcast Carefully Reckless, thank you if you don't listen to Just Hilarious podcast Carefully Reckless. On the Black Effect iHeart Radio Podcast Network, new episodes drop every Wednesday, as in today, so a new episode just dropped. I saw the title earlier. It was something about my daddy. What was it called? Not my daddy? But you know, oh, it's called Where's my Daddy? Where's my Dad?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: So that's available right now in the Black Effect. I Heeartradio podcast Network and I bought that up because she does just fix my mess on the podcast every Wednesday. So not only will you be getting your questions answered on the podcast, you'll be getting your questions answered here on the Breakfast Club. That's right, you know.
Speaker 4: Shout saluted to Shah does a page six to newspaper New York. She asked me, you know, what do you expect from from Jesse Larius? And I was like, I just expect Jess Slaris to be herself.
Speaker 1: That's what we want. When is that going up in page six? Is already up at least so today tomorrow? Yeah, okay, well thank you for that.
Speaker 4: So I was like, yeah, I was like, just you know, to be herself. I was like, Jess as smart, she's intelligent, she's funny.
Speaker 1: She's a mom. She's a mom. She's a super relatable, and she don't take no issue nobody. She's a superstar. She's been a superstar.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I met just like a decade ago, and you know, I've just all watched her grow and evolve and become this you know, young girl on social media who was just doing skitch making people laugh to being an actress, you know, an entrepreneur. You know, a podcast hold stand up comedian. Her stand up is very funny, very fun If you've never seen Just on stage, then you're missing out.
Speaker 20: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you know now she's adding radio personality to her repertoire, and you know it's funny.
Speaker 25: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys know, but Jess could dance. Jess could dance like. She could dance, dance.
Speaker 1: Have you seen just dance? I mean she do whatever. The people.
Speaker 4: No, Jess could dance like. She's like, you could tell us she's about to dance. When she was a kid, she could dance.
Speaker 1: We don't need her to dance. I know, but I just I was watching her.
Speaker 8: She can dance.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to put that out there.
Speaker 5: She dance.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. Yeah, that's great. Yeah, we don't need That's not what we hired her for. She's multi talented. Black people, if you ever want a job interview and they ask you to dance, walk out the goddamn interview.
Speaker 4: All right, she's multi talented. All right, Well we come back. We got the positive note. This is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good boarding.
Speaker 4: Warning everybody, it's j n V. Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for a positive no Charlamone, you got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I just want to tell everybody thank you for listening to the Nicky Haley interview. Make sure you go to our YouTube page right now and check out that interview with Nicki Haley. And I also want to remind people I have my forged family endowed scholarship at South Carolina State University. South Carolina State University is my mother's alma mater. I have an honorary degree from South Carolina State, so I opened up an endowment scholarship fund there. It is open the South Carolina State University sophomore and senior students for spring twenty twenty four. You must be a State of South Carolina resident and you must major in English of communications are related fields, are studies in mental health related fields Psychology, counseling, psychiatry, etc. Okay, so apply at bit dot l y Ford Family SCSU Scholarship. That's bit dot l y Ford Family SCSU Scholarship. The deadline is until February sixteenth at eleven fifty nine pm.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 1: The positive note of to day is simply this man. It comes from the late Great Kobe Bryant It's all about that mama mentality.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 1: Learn to love to hate, embrace it, enjoy it. You earned it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone should have one about you. Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones. Have a blessed day. Breakfast club, bitch is you don't finish for y'all. Dump