Speaker 1: Well, the ads are done. The best part of the show is over. Now you're just stuck with the podcast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I knew you.
Speaker 1: Came for that, but I'm sorry you're going to get this now instead.
Speaker 3: Oh and don't forget to follow the podcast wherever you're listening, and thank you.
Speaker 4: To close the lid on my throne or not to close the lid.
Speaker 1: To the top lit That is the question.
Speaker 4: It's brooking Jeopardy in the morning, and I'm serious. That really was the question a team of microbiologists tried to answer recently.
Speaker 1: Dude, if it's a microbiologist, they're going to tell us to close it.
Speaker 4: I mean basically the question was, is it better meaning cleaner to close the lid of your toilet when you flush it?
Speaker 3: Doesn't it create like a hurricane of germs?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: That does anybody here want to confess to shutting the lid pre flush? Be so disgusted with what they did they can't even look. No, I always do.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 4: After years and years of intensive research, they found Yes, it doesn't really matter, they said. Either way, lid up or lid down, the powerful woosh of your tinkle tower is gonna send tiny particles and germs flying into the air and out onto the floor, and all the surfaces surrounding your thunder mug, regardless of what you do to the lid.
Speaker 1: So many new names that I have for my toilet.
Speaker 4: Is it the scientists? Yeah, I'm just quoting what they.
Speaker 6: Said, visit the tinkle tower, honey, Thank you science.
Speaker 4: And of course they're reminding us again one of the least sanitary things you could possibly do is use your phone while on the throne. I'll high five to that. I'll also high five to the shock collar question of the day. Let's get into it with my favorite bathroom wingman, digital Jake.
Speaker 7: Let me do it, Jake.
Speaker 2: Thanks Thunderbug. Remember a few years back when the whole world had a small case of the plague? Yeah, you guys remember that talking about you know, they canceled sports, We ran out of toilet paper, everyone was making sour dough bread that real.
Speaker 1: Nightm no school.
Speaker 2: But worst of all, we were all forced to stay inside and actually talk to the people in our own homes.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh No.
Speaker 2: While that, no doubt did permanent, irreparable damage to our mental health and well being, one positive didn't come out of it, and that was board game sales were up twenty percent. Got the puzzles too, and today you'll need to draw on that knowledge when I quiz you on the best selling board games of all time for a special Ages six and up edition of plenty of twenty. And remember, if you hear this sound, you've guessed the best selling board game of all time and are safe from elimination after your first wrong guest. Boy, Now, I played four games of Solo Twister to randomize our order.
Speaker 1: Today Solo He's still lost.
Speaker 2: Guess what I won every time? Bro, And the first person to go is Alexis. Alexis, I have the top twenty best selling board games of all time on the list ahead of me.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, I gotta go.
Speaker 8: If you got a lot of time to kill inside your house Monopoly.
Speaker 2: Monopoly number three on the list from nineteen thirty five, over two hundred and seventy five million units sold all time.
Speaker 5: Next is Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: I only usually play the adult version of this, but I'll go with the all ages version of Connect four.
Speaker 2: Connect four is number eighteen on my last four million units sold. Connect four. We're on two, Jose.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Andy Lamb.
Speaker 2: Good one, Andy, land number nine on my list. Somebody else it's fifty million units sold, Candy Lamb.
Speaker 1: Finally we round a Brook, Oh, show me my favorite scrabble.
Speaker 4: Scrabble number four on the last the one with letters and words is your favorite game.
Speaker 2: And we've gone one round around the room and number one and number two are still on the board, and no silver save has been found yet. We're back to Alexis.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I feel like a lot of people know chess. I'm not one of them. But I'm gonna guess chest that's the silver.
Speaker 2: Saved, the number one answer on the board. Oh yeah, Alexis, you and the silver saves, so you have an extra life in this game. Go back to Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: What about the game that we're playing right now, The Game of Life?
Speaker 2: Hicked me up there.
Speaker 1: Call a board game.
Speaker 2: Life, number eleven on my list, Jeffery save. We're back to jose All.
Speaker 4: Right, Well she's a chess. I'm gonna go check her.
Speaker 2: Number two on the list billion units sold of the game checkers roll. Right now we have the entire top four gone so far. Brook, You're up.
Speaker 1: Colonel Mustard in the hall with the red clue.
Speaker 2: Clue number five on the list. The entire top five has gone and we're back to Alexis.
Speaker 1: I love the game.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, sorry, did not make the top twenty, but Alexis has a silver seave. I gonna around, sir. Yeah, it's not sorry about that. We're back to Jeffrey, are you though?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know what people love is war.
Speaker 4: Everybody loves war, So give me a version of war in battleship.
Speaker 2: Battleship number six on my list.
Speaker 8: Not sorry, wrong war game.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Risks, I said Risk, number fifteen on my list.
Speaker 1: Back to Brook, show me trivial pursuit.
Speaker 2: Trivial Pursuit number seven, the highest answer on the board.
Speaker 4: Brook.
Speaker 2: One hundred million units sold. Alexis back to you now, limited answers on the board left.
Speaker 9: It will be all there's kids that don't play it, but adults live it. I hate this game, Katan.
Speaker 1: It's like the most using.
Speaker 2: I will forget that you said that you hated it. It's one of my favorite games at all time. It's number fourteen on the list.
Speaker 4: As it should be, right.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a sheep hating Katan. Jeffrey, under you.
Speaker 4: We're still going okay, so uh. There was the game that I used to play all the time as a kid with the little beads Mancola Man Cola.
Speaker 2: Number seventeen on.
Speaker 4: The list, emphasis on man from.
Speaker 2: Fourteen hundred BCE. Jeffrey goeth Cut. We're over to Jose, very few answers left.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with one that better be on this list. Dungeons and Dragons, Jake.
Speaker 2: Dungeons and Dragons did not qualify as a board game. Board game was a Giant Ward h Brook. It's your turn. God.
Speaker 3: This one's hard to because there's not technically a board, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say Yachts Yachtzi also did not make my list. Were down to Alexis and Jeffries the final two. The next wrong answer is out.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with guess who, Oh good one.
Speaker 2: I was taking Guess who did not make the top twenty jeffersy only one did not get one wrong, so he's won plenty of twenty.
Speaker 4: I saw so many, ritt here's the games.
Speaker 2: You guys missed. You got all of the top seven. Number eight was Batgammon. Number ten was roomy Cube.
Speaker 4: What cube?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's a game with dominoes. Othello was number twelve on the list of strategy game. It's an eight by eight board with white and black pieces. Pictionary would you say that? Oh No, Pictionary was thirteen. Stratigo was sixteen. Blockus a game I'd not heard of before, came out in two thousand.
Speaker 1: It's like being able to play Tetris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and number twenty. They sold a million copies in two thousand and one and never any again. Cranium that was plenty of.
Speaker 4: Since I was the last one standing, I'm gonna choose who get picked in its hat day in the studio, and the one person who didn't get the memo was a Luxis who didn't wear her hat to the hat And you're gonna be singing mirrors by Justin Timberlake.
Speaker 8: Because I don't want to lose. You know, I'm looking at the happened the Vacan see the side in my heart.
Speaker 2: It's a great skill to make every note the same without fail.
Speaker 4: That's your shot Collar question of the day. Board game editions coming to you soon, Brook and.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, my coworkers are always giving me a hard time about not posting more on social media forever. I know, But have you ever considered why I don't.
Speaker 1: I thought it was because you didn't take good pictures.
Speaker 4: I don't do it for you. Just think about this, every like group text that I ignore from you, every do I take with you, that I don't throw up on instuff, every time that I zone out while you're telling me some deep story about your personal life. I'm not ignoring you because I want to. I'm ignoring you so that when we go on the air and I ask you what's on your mind, nothing is spoiled. You are getting authentic off the cuff reactions from me.
Speaker 1: You're like treating us.
Speaker 4: And you're getting the first take from me too. I'm not spoiling anything for you.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not calling myself a hero.
Speaker 4: That's just the word that's written on my bio on the Brook and Jeffrey website. I just want all of you to remember the sacrifice that I make when I ask what's on your mind and I promise to listen.
Speaker 5: Coming up right now.
Speaker 4: I've been getting flirtatious vibes all morning long coming from one place. Oh Jeffrey, off fire alarm button? Huh oh wait it has been eyeing me whispering.
Speaker 5: Come on, do like you naughty boy.
Speaker 4: I need to distract myself from doing something real naughty by going around the room real quick and just asking all of you what's been on your mind. We're gonna start with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: You know, having kids quite the adventure. You just never know what they're gonna ask you. And I was walking home from the grocery store with my nine year old daughter and she hit me with how are babies made?
Speaker 4: Like do you go with the explanation or the live demonstration? No?
Speaker 1: I started panicking, and I'm like, well, you know, there's a lot of different ways these days.
Speaker 3: Like my voice got higher, like there's a miracle of science some people.
Speaker 1: Chew was saying, you.
Speaker 6: Know something, and she's like, no, Mom, no, no, I need to know how a boy and a girl make one. And she is like grilling me like an attorney because she knows.
Speaker 4: That you know, or maybe she doesn't think you know.
Speaker 5: She's trying to test you.
Speaker 4: So I guess what I learned that my mom doesn't know how it works.
Speaker 3: That could be and so I was like, well, I can tell you that there's like a fluid exchange.
Speaker 4: Child, you went science to fluid exchange.
Speaker 1: She's supposed to be like love. She freaks out, She goes, do you mean spit? And I'm like, oh, you know what.
Speaker 10: I went directly home and I signed us up for a puberty class. So yeah, I don't know, but that feels like it's going to be the story with her to.
Speaker 8: The puberty cause at the hospital.
Speaker 1: We're going to do it at the hospital.
Speaker 2: Don't do your puberty.
Speaker 5: No, we fund me. If you'd like to contribute to Brooks daughter's.
Speaker 4: Therapy, which is going to need to start immediately, make sure you send them as much money as possible. Jo your mind.
Speaker 11: So I had some friends that flew in from out of town, and so I'm playing tour guide and as I'm giving them a tour, this history lesson just starts flooding into.
Speaker 1: My brain from like a kid.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like when I was younger doing this tour.
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 1: From a field trip. This is something I can't even.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, but I remember.
Speaker 2: I go, wait a minute, actually.
Speaker 11: This started in the eighteen hundreds. When this happened, and then this and everything made sense and they were all super impressive.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: Right, I'm like, I'm good at this. Then later I take them out to a crab feast. Yeah yeah, and I'm naturally all of a sudden go by the way, you know, there's a whole difference between different crab structures, the.
Speaker 4: Migration patterns. You do that at tables that you're not even sitting to walk up to somebody else, like by the way, you know that meal.
Speaker 2: I did do that when we were at lunch one.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was just once, but yeah.
Speaker 11: Anyway, at the end of it, they thanked me like, wow, we had no idea.
Speaker 4: You had all the seafood knowledge and all this city knowledge.
Speaker 2: And next thing, you.
Speaker 11: Know, I realized, like I love to.
Speaker 12: Talk, Oh you just realized it could be a tour guide.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Right, yeah, people places, honest to god.
Speaker 5: But how long would the tour be?
Speaker 1: Way too long. You would be at one spot for a good twenty five minutes.
Speaker 4: It's just an eight tours leapt from a moving double decker bust of shoe tear. For having to stay on this tour, I like it. What's been on your mind?
Speaker 9: So there's like a popular face cream, like an anti aging one, you know, like trentonoy whatever.
Speaker 1: You have to get like with retinol or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I say that that's really popular.
Speaker 9: And I wanted it, but you have to get a prescription from a dermatologist for it.
Speaker 8: It's like a it's like a preventative one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But I didn't want to go to the doctor or pay to go to the doctor. So I found a guy online totally legit.
Speaker 1: I think you should always buy creams from a guy.
Speaker 9: You got to save money, okay, And it seemed easy.
Speaker 8: You just filled out like a survey about yourself. You submitted your face from.
Speaker 9: Like a bunch of different angles, and then you paid a fee.
Speaker 8: For them to send your info to a doctor. And then they get back to you.
Speaker 4: The doctor's like I need a few pictures with your shirt off.
Speaker 8: It wasn't suspicious at this point. They seemed so legit, okay. But then I didn't hear back from them for a.
Speaker 4: Few weeks a few weeks, and.
Speaker 1: Then I emailed.
Speaker 9: I was like, hey, you know I never heard back, and they were like, well, we've been trying to contact you.
Speaker 8: Can you confirm your phone number? So then I called them from my phone number and then they still just never gave me the cream.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you have been looking olderly, Yeah, it's been a little bit.
Speaker 9: And as I thought about it, I realized I might never get my face cream.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they actually have.
Speaker 9: My number, my email, my credit card infolks, I watched charge photos of my face and a survey all about myself in detail that I thought the doctor wanted.
Speaker 8: I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: I think you good thing, you got your money's worth. I didn't get it all right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: If you didn't know? Every Friday I write and sing a parody song of the week.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's pretty amazing. You do a brand new one every.
Speaker 4: Week, doing it for years now. But the history behind it is my mom used to do parody songs for the Doctor Demno Show years ago. Don't google it. But now that she's retired, she's got that creative itch again.
Speaker 11: I can kind of tell sometimes on her Facebook.
Speaker 4: And so she's gotten back into writing funny songs and performing them live around lay And she's been calling me lately to get my feedback.
Speaker 5: And how is she doing that?
Speaker 4: By singing them to me over the phone.
Speaker 1: Please tell me we have a recording of one.
Speaker 4: And her sense of humor is very sexual.
Speaker 1: Why should I thought you're gonna say political, it's.
Speaker 5: Lately, it's it's more sexual.
Speaker 4: And it makes me uncomfortable to hear my mom singing about these things because her latest one is about a guy who's frustrated so he finds comfort in a bagel. And I'm not gonna say anymore on the topic, but I think we all know. Maybe the worst part is now she's calling local bagel shops asking if they want to sponsor her song about the lonely guy with the bagel.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: I mean I was gonna ask if I could use one of the songs to help explain things to my daughter that I may her.
Speaker 4: I'm just confuse her more than anything else. All I can do is be like, try to be a supportive sign and say you're doing great, mom, you got this. Keep at it. And if at some point she wants me to star in the music video for the bagel song, I'm.
Speaker 5: In trouble here, so good luck.
Speaker 4: That's what's on my mind. That's hard, Yeah, text and seventy nine to tell us what's been on your mind?
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: More and more texts pouring in at seventy eight five nine two with our listeners wanting to tell us what's been on their mind. I love it like this. One says, I rubbed tiger bomb on my foot since it's been hurting. Now I'm driving to work and was wondering why my legs and arms are on fire.
Speaker 5: Oh no, why.
Speaker 4: Is it on your Why is it on your legs and your arms if your foot was hurting?
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever you do, don't rub your eyes, rub your eyes.
Speaker 5: Don't touch anything animal text it on their phone.
Speaker 4: Another text says, Hi, guys, I'm a huge fan. I listen to your Spotify clips every day. You guys have great chemistry and are so much fun to listen to. My favorites are the second Date updates. I also just listened to your say Yes to the X clips and they're hilarious. Please do more of those. Yeah, I like when people give us feedback.
Speaker 7: On that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we only read the good ones.
Speaker 5: There's some feedback to what's on my mind.
Speaker 4: I thought I had game in the dating scene till I heard my voice on your loser line.
Speaker 2: Oh I am now.
Speaker 4: Well aware of how awkward I truly am reality.
Speaker 1: Check that dude, It's all right. Lean into it, man, get into it.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the second you want to be on. You certainly don't want to be featured on a brand new laser story.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that means you've probably been arrested.
Speaker 4: You're probably in jail for that one. We're going to do it brand new laser stories right after this. What would you be willing to give up for three million dollars? Whoa a whole lot Jacks Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I want to hear my co host would do here because a new survey asked this hypothetical question. What if you got three million dollars immediately, but for the rest of your life, you couldn't use anything China related?
Speaker 5: Would you take that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about are you talking about nice plates or are you talking about fish?
Speaker 4: Anything that comes from China? Anything that else China too much? Can't do it and pretty much you'd have to give up all phones, computers, TVs, and cars because they have parts and components made in China. Also most of our clothes and sorry, alexis your toxic eyelash glues and makeup all that's gotta go.
Speaker 5: You send them with China to add thet Are you sure it's from there?
Speaker 1: You're gonna need the three million dollars to the other things that you're gonna buy.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, the Panda Express would be totally fine.
Speaker 5: Nuts in China. But about fifty.
Speaker 4: Two percent of people said, yeah, they take the three million bucks. Everyone else said no, it's giving up too much in your life.
Speaker 1: See, I would do it if it wasn't so difficult. I just don't know how you could do it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's a million products. It's even like the cop I'm molding right now.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 1: If it was possible, i'd do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One person from the survey joke, Wow, great, now I'll have three million useless pieces of paper to spend on nothing.
Speaker 5: Or great the money was made in China to some stuff.
Speaker 4: Not made in China. Ug boots, Yes, those are Australia happy maple syrup as much want I like that, okay? And avocados from Mexico.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all the avocados you want.
Speaker 1: Tequila is still on the list. Yeah, I mean I don't know. Maybe I could do this.
Speaker 8: I could survive syrup.
Speaker 5: That's a good time. Tequila nuggs, that's like already.
Speaker 4: Also, Laser Stories one hundred percent made right here coming up right after this. It's the radio segment that's catering to white women. With a new Hidden Valley Day Spa. You can smother yourself in soaking tubs filled with ranch, get balsamic vinagrette facials, or go for a full body ship two thousand island dressing massage, Hidden Valley Day Spa where you're the salad.
Speaker 5: Sign up now with Laser Story.
Speaker 4: It's a segment where we read weird use stories around the widow, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser.
Speaker 5: Are their crews on crabbabies?
Speaker 4: Just don't this first lads of stories out of Oh no, not again.
Speaker 5: It's Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yes, And this almost sounds like the setup to a joke, but it's real. This past weekend, a naked woman walked into a convenience store armed with a potato peeler. Hey wait a minute, don't sees her sharp, I thought myself before it, and you're not gonna believe this part, but she was really drunk.
Speaker 6: That never happens why I feel better for her that she wasn't sober for this.
Speaker 4: Well, the woman is thirty five year old Celia Barrett, and when she casually waltzed into the store without any clothes, she began yelling at the cashier about getting kicked out of that same store a day earlier.
Speaker 5: Might have got time for why would you even say that? She couldn't let it go when the clerk told her to beat it.
Speaker 4: She then threatened two workers with the peeler and said she was gonna kill somebody unless she got a free beer.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do feel like it's an easy exchange.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Witnesses then watched her top all over a display of red bulls. Then she got up and immediately tore open a carton of cigarettes, spilling them.
Speaker 5: All over the floor.
Speaker 4: I think she was just taking a stand against smoking, though I don't think that any dru.
Speaker 1: The items in this story alone.
Speaker 2: So Florida.
Speaker 4: An employee called the cops, and not surprisingly, she was still fully naked when they arrived.
Speaker 1: She didn't find any clothes in the store.
Speaker 4: She told them that she'd had about six shots of liquor and maybe more is him man, probably all at once. So Celia is facing charges for aggravated assault, disorderly intoxication, trespassing, criminal mischief, and indecent exposure, which is a very small rap sheet for a Florida criminal. So yeah, I'm not gonna see her at the top of our like most hated Florida people of the year. Let's go to her next laser story out of Austria, very different from Florida. Another shrimp on the bomby thirty one year old Australia. Thirty one year old Marlene Engelhorn woke up recently and found out she was instantly twenty five million dollars richer. Oh my god, what a miracle, because apparently she's the descendant of Friedrich Engelhorn, who founded the German chemical and pharmaceutical company Basf.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's family money.
Speaker 4: Got it when her grandmother died, she inherited that staggering amount of money. So much so what is she gonna do with all of it? Well, she wants to give it away. That's really charitable, and now she's looking for strangers to help her do it.
Speaker 5: Sadly, Jose, you have to be an Austrian citizen.
Speaker 4: I just did an Austrian accent.
Speaker 11: You guys think I can get that Austrian Austria mona.
Speaker 5: I think it would pass.
Speaker 4: But she has been asking for applications for fifty people to share their views on how the money should be used.
Speaker 1: Each of them shows up and says, I have an idea. Why don't you give it to me?
Speaker 4: Well, if you're selected, you'll spend a month discussing how to properly use the money to be a service for democracy. And she says she has no veto rites in this. Whatever the group of fifty chooses to do with the money is what will happen, even if they want to just give it all to themselves.
Speaker 1: Sounds like someone just doesn't like to make decisions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she says.
Speaker 4: She realizes she's putting a lot of trust in people that she doesn't know, but she says, what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: They said that when they keep asking people the name public things like bony and it always turns out bad.
Speaker 4: I would use it to all get passes to go to the Hidden Valley day spot and.
Speaker 1: All dude, that's my mote.
Speaker 4: This next laser story is out of Food News. Yeah, a major food brand desperately wants us to start dipping our pizza in guacamole.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not anti, I wouldn't talk to me more.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: Cormel Foods the brand Holy Guacamole, and they're behind the push, maybe for a good reason, because they did a poll that found seventy four percent of us would reach for guacamole at a Super Bowl party, yeah, and ninety one percent would reach for pizza. Yeah, but only seventeen percent have ever tried them together.
Speaker 5: That's a good point anybody.
Speaker 6: And tortilla chips together with guacamole's delicious?
Speaker 2: Why not bread and good?
Speaker 4: When they're holding a contest called Guaca Pi Pizza, two hundred and fifty fans in San Francisco and Kansas City will win free pies and guac during the Big Game next week because they're watching.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna do a pineapple pizza just to make people saying.
Speaker 5: Oh JEZD, send it over here.
Speaker 4: I love that. So is this just a dumb marketing thing or does guakon pizza actually sound good to you?
Speaker 11: If it was like one of those Kiso Beautia pizzas, I think it would.
Speaker 4: Be really good.
Speaker 1: I will tell you I love pizza Dipton Ranch.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know we started the segments, but it's the reason why I so much weight.
Speaker 4: Go glockify yourself over at Hidden Valley day Spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna make this a thing.
Speaker 4: This next laser story is out of in the air up there. If aliens showed up tomorrow and they were not overly friendly, who would you want to be the point person in charge of talking it out with them? Or should we just go and let Brook deal with them?
Speaker 1: Hey, bos He, how you doing?
Speaker 4: I want I want your your smallest intern alien to come meet me in the prize closet over there.
Speaker 5: I need to talk with him.
Speaker 1: Dude, did I just fix universal peace?
Speaker 4: I say that because a new poll found that forty three percent of people say they would be cool with our current world leaders representing Earth. What Maybe they didn't specify who specifically that would be, So maybe the options are the President, Elon Musk, and Kanye But.
Speaker 5: What about you?
Speaker 4: In the poll, forty Americans say yes they believe they themselves would be able to negotiate peace with beings from another galaxy. Forty percent they could talk it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 4: Over fifty three percent of people think aliens do exist somewhere, while thirty four percent of people say they need legit proof before they believe.
Speaker 6: That means they're not getting their speech ready to start the world piece process.
Speaker 4: Well, wouldn't we want this guy to be the one to speak to the aliens on our behalf because I think they'd be able to relate to each other. They're both green, they both make weird noises. We have aliens going after shoes all over this planet.
Speaker 5: It might actually be a better place.
Speaker 4: Okay, that sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 7: On Friday, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Imagine if there was an entire sports channel dedicated not to sports, but to a live coverage of people on first dates with professional commentators covering the action.
Speaker 14: Okay, now we're heading over to table number seven with Peter and Vanessa. Looks like Peter's using his butter knife to cut his steak. Most people would go with a steak knife there, Bob, But Peter's been slipping up ever since his third shot of Jaegermeister earlier. Oh yeah, he's definitely feeling nervous. Didn't you just realize the mistake?
Speaker 12: Now he's switching utensils, going, oh no, he just knocked his drink over onto his own lap. This is a disaster, Bob. He is really in the hole now, and he's gonna try and save himself. He's making a joke. He says, all have what he's having.
Speaker 5: That's an outdated.
Speaker 4: Movie reference that isn't even remotely funny in this contexts okay. Vanessa is now excuse using herself to go to the restaurant.
Speaker 5: She's making a run for the door.
Speaker 1: Coverage flag on that play.
Speaker 4: I would watch that all day long. Luckily, we have the next best thing. It's a segment called Battle of the Tinder Dates. Worst disaster dates coming up, two hope, one.
Speaker 7: Dating app Then dares you swipe right? The question is whose love life is more tragic? It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 4: It's the dating game show that just pitch paramount on the modern version of the notebook called the iPad. Noah can't find the right charging cable in his giant drawer of electronics. It's Battle of the Tinder Days, where two of our listeners swear off to find out whose love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet to day's contestants. In this corner, his favorite first date activity is playing tug of war, then tandem licking peanut butter out of a giant rubber ball. That's why they call him Marma Duke Lou. You don't have to answer that, Luke. And in the other corner, after spending a night with a woman, he enjoys sitting down and writing a heartfelt apology letter for what just happened. So let's meet Fountain Penn Band.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Ben, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's how the game works.
Speaker 4: One contestant is gonna start by telling one of their worst dating stories. The other will try and come back to counter with a nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner. Going to start things off with Marma Duke Luke.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 15: Okay, So I took my date skiing and it was her first time, so she asked me to tea shirt.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, old date. From her point, you look so dumb when you're starting to learn, I think.
Speaker 5: That you're falling.
Speaker 15: So we get there early and I spent hours teaching her and she's getting like super into it.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 15: And then it gets to lunchtime, right, Uh, that are going to the lodge. She thanks me and skis off to the chair lift where her afternoon date is waiting.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, girl has figured out how to get private lessons for three.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she got a free lesson from me so that she could go on a date knowing how to ski in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Good guys, let's move over down, Ben, Ben, can you come back from that?
Speaker 16: I mean that was brutal. That kind of seems like it was on you.
Speaker 4: We don't we need.
Speaker 16: Fun?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So I met a girl who actually lived in the same apartment complex as me. I wake up and all of my furniture has been moved around.
Speaker 4: She fsuaded your apartment to me.
Speaker 8: It probably looks better.
Speaker 16: Why she told me, it's so she could see me better when she walks outside my apartment to make sure I don't have another girl in there.
Speaker 4: Both of you are giving the women in this room way too many ideas.
Speaker 5: Psycho An Luke we're back to you.
Speaker 16: I had a date plan.
Speaker 15: Girl asks me if I could pick her up for it, right, okay? But when I do, she gets in the back seat with two other girls.
Speaker 1: Are you like, yes, yeah, actually that's a good.
Speaker 16: Thing, you'd think.
Speaker 15: But she tells me that her and her roomies need a ride to the grocery store target in the nail salon so that we can then have our date.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie in.
Speaker 4: The work first.
Speaker 1: So did you do it? Did you take him other errands?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 16: I did it?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 15: So I go to bring her friends to the nail salon and then she changes her mind says she's going to go with her friends too.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, cancels your date. You're doing free ski lessons and free now and we're not paying you to be on this segment either, So good job to Ben. What do you got?
Speaker 16: So one girl and I bonded over collecting sneakers. Oh okay, and she told me she can actually customize them.
Speaker 4: Marry her.
Speaker 16: I know, right to compare home. She was going to decorate them for free, And I mean, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking she made off with my shoes.
Speaker 1: I actually wasn't.
Speaker 3: Thinking I was, I would have given her too.
Speaker 16: No, she did give them back. Okay, good, But my four hundred dollars shoes had the word cheapo painted on.
Speaker 2: The side.
Speaker 1: Because you wanted to customize for free?
Speaker 16: I think no, No, she told me it for not tipping enough on the date.
Speaker 4: It's very close right now, we're on to the third and final round, so we need your best stories, gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Luke, what do you got?
Speaker 15: So I'm asked with this girl online, right, she's got a pick of a giant stuffed panda that we bonded over. I was like, that's so cute. So what does she do? You already know? She brings it to dinner on our date.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I like a four year old child, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't see that coming at all.
Speaker 15: Actually, I'm like, is she joking? And apparently not, because she told the waiter that the panda wanted it on steak too.
Speaker 4: Okay, ety pandas only eat like leaves and you calp this, but you know.
Speaker 1: What, who do you know about stuffed giants?
Speaker 5: Totally different?
Speaker 4: So you bought this stuffed panda steak?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah? Not surprisingly, it wasn't very hungry, so she took an extra meal home, okay.
Speaker 4: And free steak for paying these ben this is your last job.
Speaker 5: Good luck, so good.
Speaker 16: I was with this girl and she said she wanted to play a fun game with me, but this one was at the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 16: We ended up going to the serial aisle. Okay, and she pulls out a box and there are four missing kids on the back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 16: She turns to me and says, you got to guess which one of these kids is me.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. Well that's a weird dark turn at the end there. So thank god for the final bell that means.
Speaker 2: The match is over.
Speaker 4: Judges, we need to score at Alexis.
Speaker 8: I gotta go, Luke, I mean honestly started skiing, but all of them.
Speaker 1: I have so many new ideas. One for Luke Brookluke.
Speaker 4: All right, congratulations Marmaduke khalup. Yeah, you're rewarded the Brook and Jeffrey crown of commiseration. That's right.
Speaker 15: I mean, I'm honored, and I'm also a little offended.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you're just poorer because of the dates you've gone on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: You can send us free steaks to the studio anytime you want to buy it. Thank you for playing text in seventy five nine two. If you want up here on the next edition of Battle of the Tinder dates, your phone TAP's coming up next.
Speaker 7: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning, it's time.
Speaker 4: For your phone tap. And I think back in like the eighties and nineties, it got real popular to have one of those coffee mugs or t shirts that says.
Speaker 5: Number one dad. Oh yeah, World's best dad.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Apparently those are still around now because one of our listeners reached out saying her husband just wore that shirt to their kids' soccer game. He doesn't know it yet, but we're gonna tell him.
Speaker 5: It actually caused a lot of problems.
Speaker 7: Oh it.
Speaker 5: Did you find out why? In your phone tap right now?
Speaker 7: Another? Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Is this Chuck?
Speaker 4: Yes, Hey, Chuck, I'm with this youth soccer association. My name's Terry Bull.
Speaker 16: Oh okay, what can I do for you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: I got your number from your daughter's coach, and apparently there were a few complaints that came in about you recently.
Speaker 16: What m hmm, Like, are you serious about me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because last Saturday at the game, you know, I think you know what I'm talking about made some of the other parents pretty upset, so.
Speaker 16: Like I was just cheering from the sidelines. I didn't yell at the rest.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 16: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you're You're correct. It's not what you were doing, it's what you were wearing.
Speaker 16: Okay, what were they wearing.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a person who I'm gonna keep anonymous. They sent me a photo of you in that gray T shirt and on the front it said number one dad.
Speaker 5: Oh remember that?
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Personally, I don't really have an issue with it, but some of the other fathers who were in attendance that day it felt a little insecure about it.
Speaker 16: Are you freaking joking?
Speaker 5: I mean I wish I was.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I can see how it can come across as kind of boastful, you know, like, hey, I'm a better dad than you.
Speaker 5: The wears shirt that proves it.
Speaker 16: This is unreal.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 15: I don't know how anyone could even take it that way.
Speaker 5: Okay, but they did.
Speaker 15: My daughter bought that for me for my birthday.
Speaker 4: So okay, look, you don't have to brag to me about how much your daughter loves you.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: You're a fantastic parent of one of the best dads in the world.
Speaker 16: That's not what I'm saying. Just saying that I'm number one Dad shouldn't be a sensive to people. It's just a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Well, regardless of what you think, I'm gonna have to ask you to not wear that anymore to any of the games going forward.
Speaker 16: Are you kidding? Like what?
Speaker 4: I realized that you didn't do that intention and this is obviously a very unique scenario. So the league will provide a backup T shirt. No, I a free of charge that isn't as boastful and offensive.
Speaker 5: It's all the other parents.
Speaker 16: You're gonna give me a different shirt to wear my daughter's soccer game.
Speaker 4: But hey, look, you can pick from our approved line of T shirts. Like the first option, it just says dad, but in all lower case letters.
Speaker 15: I feel like giving the twice like so much that way.
Speaker 4: You're just a dad, you know, nothing like I'm better than you. I'm the number one. It's just simple and clean.
Speaker 16: No Dad, no cats, I'm not wearing something that says lowercase dad.
Speaker 4: Okay, up to your next option. This one's a little bit more self deprecating. It says third fattest.
Speaker 16: Dad, third fattest dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the words fat are kind of like thicker letters.
Speaker 5: It's a part of the joke.
Speaker 16: Do you understand how stupid it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna keep the parents guessing, like who are the two others?
Speaker 5: Who are the fatter dads?
Speaker 4: Who's number one and number two?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Oh my, think about it. Then the next week you can wear the second fattest dad T shirt.
Speaker 5: What it's kind of like you're improving not wearing it.
Speaker 4: Fine, maybe we do something a little bit more motivational for the kids, No, because I can make one that says smells like wimp out there? What do you think that's terrible?
Speaker 16: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Terrible? Don't you mean like motivational?
Speaker 16: It's not motivational to call children whims.
Speaker 4: We're not calling them then we're saying it smells like wimp out on the field.
Speaker 16: I get what you're saying. That is more offensive than anything you said so far.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean the only other motivational shirt that's already pre approved says I'd rather be watching the New York Jets? Oh oh no, do you root for the Jets? Is that what the problem is that I offend you.
Speaker 16: No, I don't care about the freaking jets, see about the stupidly telling me what I can and can't wear. So I'm not talking to you anymore. I'm talking to my wife.
Speaker 4: Actually, your wife already contacted us about it, and she's wearing a shirt right now that says my husband just got pranked by Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 16: No way, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I'm serious, dude. My name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. You're being phone tapped.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Is it right?
Speaker 4: Because your wife Gianna told us about the shirt that you wore to your daughter's game.
Speaker 5: She thought you were being a little bit cocky.
Speaker 16: No, I know she did, and she proved that shirt not to wear out in public.
Speaker 5: You're the number one dad in that house.
Speaker 4: Sure you don't want to make all the other dads feel bad about themselves, though, do you?
Speaker 16: I guess I didn't think of them.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, number one, most selfish and fourth fattest dad. You go with that shirt anytime?
Speaker 16: Oh man, wake up?
Speaker 17: Every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What if you were out on a first date, but it technically wasn't yours. I just looked in the rule book, and I guess that doesn't disqualify you from requesting another hangout through us.
Speaker 5: But it's definitely one of the.
Speaker 4: Strangest asks we've ever gotten from one of our listeners, who, like I said, wasn't on a date with the guy, but she was definitely there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just not down above board.
Speaker 4: What happens doesn't matter. We're doing it. You're gonna hear what happened and how she wants us to help in your brand new second date update.
Speaker 5: Next second date update, Brooke.
Speaker 4: I have a question, looking back on your dating history, how many boyfriends roughly would you say you stole away from your friends?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, don't use that I was too ugly.
Speaker 3: Excuse again, No, I did get asked for their number a lot, but never not as often mine.
Speaker 1: So you were away your friend?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'd be like hey, and I thought they'd hit we're hitting on me, and then they'd be like.
Speaker 1: Your friend's really cute.
Speaker 5: They're like, man, you were the stepping stone.
Speaker 1: I was much shorter and not as gorgeous as they.
Speaker 4: Okay, again, I said that the too ugly.
Speaker 5: Excuse you keep moving that.
Speaker 4: We've heard it, you lived it.
Speaker 5: Can we just get past it?
Speaker 3: Can we just say asked me, You asked me, and you wanted an answer, then you get mad at the answer, Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: I only asked because one of our listeners is thinking of going out with a guy that her friend went out with previously.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: Interesting, But there's a twist to it, and we're going to find that out soon.
Speaker 5: But first let's talk to Maya. Maya, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh hi, oh hi, Maya.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to know about your friend first or the guy first.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, I mean there's a lot to unpack here. Why don't you tell us how it all happened.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all kind of like intertwined, so you'll get both in one story.
Speaker 1: It's okay, this was a couple.
Speaker 13: Of weeks ago. So I'm like doing some errands. I'm at the drug store, mine in my own business. I get a call from my friend. She's like, hey, what are you doing. I'm like, nothing, just running errands, and she's like, so I'm going on this Tinder date in like literally twenty minutes. Any chance you can just swing by and do like an oh hi, you know, just in case it's going terrible, then I can just like extract her, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like play dumb, like, oh I never meant to walk in at this exact time while you're at that table.
Speaker 1: It's a good wellness check. Yeah, you know, right, make sure he's not too crazy.
Speaker 13: I'm like, yeah, girl, I got you. Let me get these tampons and I'll head right over.
Speaker 4: Perfect. Okay, a little TMI on that, but that's all right. So let's focus. Let's focus more on the dating situation and less on what's happening to your bodies. So you go to this place and meet up with your friend and her date.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I do the oh hi, and we're acting like we haven't you know, we're putting on this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny, are you guys? Like get a coffee? Where are you?
Speaker 13: It was like at a bar. There was like a happy hour situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, did you clock the guy's reaction when you walked in? But did he seem annoyed?
Speaker 13: No, he seemed not bothered by it. It seemed like, okay, played it off like I'm an act. Treat you guys.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's good.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's good to see that your date has like friends, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wait, did your friend need rescuing from this guy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: Well, okay, so I thought it was just gonna be like me in and out saying hi and like dipping. But then she was like, oh, do you want to join us? And I was like, well, I'm here to help my friends. I guess if she has me to joy, I'm going to join right, Okay. I ended up staying on this date with them for like a full hour. It was a whole date.
Speaker 4: You're a great friend.
Speaker 1: Was she not filling him?
Speaker 16: Then?
Speaker 13: I mean, I don't. Here's the thing. I definitely didn't feel like a third wheel. I actually kind of felt like me and him were hitting it off a little bit more than she. And because I'm again, this man is a strange to her, you know, so who knows, But like that was kind of the vibe I was getting. But like, it all goes fine. It wasn't weird or uncomfortable. He I mean like I was like, oh, he's cute, He's like a good hang you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, do we know the guy's name yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: His name's Finn.
Speaker 4: Finn. Okay, all right, Okay, so you thought you and Finn were vibing a little bit better than he was with your friend, but you didn't.
Speaker 13: Get his name mobile No, no, no, no. So I we go our separate ways. I didn't act on it at all. It was just kind of the ceiling I had that like, oh, it seemed like me and him were hitting it off in that way, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So a couple of days later, I talked to my friend and I'm like, oh, what's going on with you and Finn? And she's like, nothing, he's not texting me back. I don't know, maybe it's not there.
Speaker 3: Okay, And she was okay with that. It sounds like it's like, well, whatever, move on.
Speaker 13: I mean, I feel like she was a little bothered by it, because obviously it's annoying when somebody goes to you. But I didn't get the feeling that like she thought there was like fireworks flying, you know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but you're saying that you felt fireworks happening between you and Finn.
Speaker 13: I've also little something something. So I went into detective mode and I find him on social media and I get his number him. No, I didn't do anything. I'm just hoping you guys will call him and do the dirty work for me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I don't know if I feel really comfortable doing.
Speaker 1: This because because we don't have the friend's blessing. Is that why?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 4: There's that she hasn't gotten the green light from her friend to call. And also the guy doesn't necessarily even know that there was like a connection happening, Like right, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be a totally So why wouldn't you just text him first or a friend?
Speaker 13: I mean, listen, I waited two weeks. He's not texting her back. She doesn't seem that sworn up about it, and I do feel like she's a good enough friend that she'll be cool about it. But I mean, yeah, you're right, I didn't get her blessing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 13: First guy goes like, honestly, if he's not into it, it's not a big deal. It was one weird date situation and I just kind of felt like we were hitting off, and if I was wrong that, I'm fine with it. It's not crazy deep.
Speaker 3: You know, she's kind of an ask forgiveness later type of sure, and.
Speaker 4: If she can't forgive you, then it's always easy to find yourself a new best friend on that first We're gonna call this guy and try and get you a second date. Update.
Speaker 5: We'll do it right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: You know what best friends do. They show up when you need them to be your wing woman on a first date so that they can have your back. That's right, And if that doesn't go well, they'll swoop in and date that guy for you.
Speaker 1: That doesn't feel good.
Speaker 5: Alexis, I'm sure Brooke would do that for you.
Speaker 4: Any guy that's your dating She is one phone call away. I do it to each other.
Speaker 1: I've seen Alexis's type. But yeah, quite a mess.
Speaker 2: Are Yeah?
Speaker 8: I text you back. It'd be bitter.
Speaker 4: A beautiful friendship between you two, they really are. See that's what one of our listeners, Maya is about to try with us here because she was the third wheel on a date the other night. She observed, she supported, and now she's just checking to see if maybe Finn liked her more. Oh god, you know typical best friends stuff. Who says women are cruel to each other? Not me?
Speaker 5: Not me, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't think a guy would do this?
Speaker 4: Never? Oh I did not have an roommate model who would sleep with girls.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but you're still friends and that's that's the important part, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: For now, feel good about this.
Speaker 13: Maya Oh not after hearing y'all say sorry, sorry, that was mostly Brooke.
Speaker 5: That probably for there, I'm trying to swoop in on the lexis. That was very rude.
Speaker 4: I get that, but no, we're here to have your back because we want to be your best friend.
Speaker 13: Well, and to be fair, I didn't say she was my best friend.
Speaker 4: Okay, hopefully she doesn't hear this.
Speaker 1: I think we should just.
Speaker 3: Like go with it at this point.
Speaker 4: And remember the friend does not know that we're doing this, that we're reaching out.
Speaker 5: To the guy.
Speaker 1: The guy doesn't know that we have his number. No, there's a lot of unknowns in this one.
Speaker 5: Surprises in stir but we like that on the show.
Speaker 4: On his social media, he's just tuning in, you know. So let's let's reach out to him right now, see if he answers and what he has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Finn?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey? You don't well, maybe you do know me. My name is Jeff from a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Fann, you're on the show right, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Why I like your directness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I applaud that.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, it's for a good reason. It means that somebody who's a listener of our show really likes you.
Speaker 7: Who.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, do you remember you went out on a date with a girl a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 18: You're gonna have to be more specific.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys went to a bar and did happy hour and while you were there on the date, her friend came in randomly and sat with you guys.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it sounds like the friend hung out for like an hour.
Speaker 18: Was your name Maya?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How did that date go?
Speaker 4: In your eyes?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: What did you think of it?
Speaker 18: We were all just sort of having a good time together and hanging out at the bar. Pay Like, what did you guys say your name was?
Speaker 4: Again? Why is this happening?
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're having a good day already.
Speaker 4: Some Irish coffees this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: To answer your original question, remember we're broken Jeffrey in the morning, and the reason we're calling you.
Speaker 1: Hola, how do I ask this?
Speaker 3: It's part of a second date update, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: So you know your date, like, you had the friend that came in and joined you. What did you think of the friend of Maya?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 18: I mean, shees cute, she's kind of cool. Uh, it's kind of weird. You don't usually go on dates with three people unless you know, you're like Italian and wear those kind of shoes and.
Speaker 1: Stuff, like a mom, Like, what do you mean, especially.
Speaker 18: Unless you're like, like.
Speaker 4: I think we get it. Well, I'm getting the vibe that you had a good time with everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, yeah, everybody cool.
Speaker 18: In fact, Caitlyn, I've sort of been like hanging out with her a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh wait, what you've been hanging out with Caitlyn? Who you were on the date with my friend?
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, she's kind of cool. We sort of hitting off. We went on a few other dates. We went to like the movies and did my light and she met my mom.
Speaker 1: Whoa, wow, she met your mom. Okay, so you're like dating Caitlyn right now?
Speaker 19: If I could have kept my mom from meeting her, we honestly, we did not know a lot of that and that's shady.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Maya knew that either or did she?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm sorry, I really don't know what that is going on right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know you? Are you sure?
Speaker 13: I mean, it sounds like he's saying that my friends just lied to me that she's been seeing him, and isn't I met his mom while telling me that he's ghosting her, Like I don't. That doesn't make any show.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, wow, Maya, thank you for that beautiful reason. I couldn't have said it any better myself. But that's Maya who has been waiting and listening in on the other phone line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 13: I mean, Maya told me that you haven't responded to any of her calls or text for like two weeks. And I mean, honestly, I did think you and I were hitting it off, so I was like, maybe he was more into.
Speaker 6: Me than her.
Speaker 13: But it sounds like I was totally wrong, and my friend is I guess a little insecure about us maybe hitting it off.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, look at what her friend is doing. I think she was insecure for a reason.
Speaker 13: If she was dating him, I obviously wouldn't have reached out like it actually did.
Speaker 3: Well, we didn't know any of this bought you were talking to Caitlin at all.
Speaker 1: We thought that you were totally single and available.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna have to move to another town change my name.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't Caitlyn want her friend to note about that?
Speaker 1: I don't get it either.
Speaker 11: Where she doesn't want her friend to go do this exactly what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if she knew they were dating, I mean, I think I'm on Maya's side on this one.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I.
Speaker 13: Would have not gone for it at all. I would have just be like, Okay, cool, they hit it off. I was wrong that.
Speaker 4: Can you step in and give us a little bit of clarity here, We're all really confused.
Speaker 18: I feel like Kitlyn felt like you were coming on too strong, you know, and it was her date, so I mean, I mean.
Speaker 13: Fair enough. I don't know. I mean, it did feel like you and I were hitting it off. I tried to downplay it, but maybe I did n't do a good job of that. I don't know.
Speaker 18: I think she saw the connection happening between us and she was scared it was going to take away from our connection.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, So I wasn't wrong about the connection then yeah, well, I mean that's something.
Speaker 1: And what's funny is Caitlyn also read it right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Caitlyn did I think called dibbs based on the swiping.
Speaker 13: So, but that's fine. Like I said, this was low steaks, Like if he wasn't into it, he's not into it.
Speaker 17: If he's not into it because.
Speaker 13: He's with my friend, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, and think of it as a benefit.
Speaker 3: You're going to be taking off of her emergency list on a future date.
Speaker 1: Wat you there?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No more popular?
Speaker 3: My god, this is going to be so embarrassing to explain to Kaitlyn later.
Speaker 11: Are you talk to your friend?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 16: Can I explain it?
Speaker 18: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 13: If I already know if she's in the car, I know she could be listening.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe you guys can sit down all together and explain it and figure it out when we send you out on another date, we would pay for three people to go to a happy hour and hash it out.
Speaker 1: Why are you said it was a good time?
Speaker 5: Finn had a blast.
Speaker 13: It was when it wasn't all awkward. Now it sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, you just add alcohol to that and I'm sure it'll get better.
Speaker 4: If you really want, we can see you and Caitlyn at different tables and we'll have Finn go back and forth.
Speaker 5: Just sit down five minutes apiece you for that, Finn.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it'll be like missus.
Speaker 1: You are a strange mansion. I know.
Speaker 4: Whatever you've been doing this morning, do less of it, I think, Yeah, before you meet up with Caitlyn.
Speaker 18: I've been working just five am.
Speaker 1: He's been working.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know what co operation all right, Well, it sounds like we're going to send you down on another date.
Speaker 5: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: They said no, they said no, no, I'm not to that.
Speaker 7: It's crazy.
Speaker 13: Also, he seems like he's on something.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So clearly Maya's being sarcastic. She can't wait to sit down with and fight to the finish. Whoever comes out on top winds.
Speaker 2: Finn's hard.
Speaker 5: On rookie Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: In the morning, you got a text seventy five nine two that says, I like Finn. He sounds fun the right word that apparently listeners are trying to swoop in on Finn never ends and weird. A lot of the text are coming from Brooks phone number interested in Uh huh, yeah you are the air like fin some like random Stone or degenerate, but off the air you're like, oh, finn, I did you see Radio INSIGHT's latest article that I'm the ninety eighth most up and coming female radio post underage sixty.
Speaker 1: I did it a dozen finns when I was like twenty three. Been there, done that.
Speaker 4: Do not need the mama has experienced with me lot.
Speaker 1: You are so weird.
Speaker 4: A lot of texts men on this one. So it's resonating with people. I don't know if it's in a good way.
Speaker 1: That is not a healthy friendship at all.
Speaker 11: I know they're keeping secrets from each other.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, swooping in on each other's men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm hoping that we get an update from this situation though somebody.
Speaker 1: Date of what if he's still dating Caitlin.
Speaker 11: Why don't we ask her to make the awkward Tuesday call to her friend on the air.
Speaker 5: It could happen like a disaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe disasters are our bread and butter. Yeah here, So if you're a disaster walking around out there, email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and check out all of our disaster second date updates.
Speaker 5: You where you get your podcast at.
Speaker 17: Brook and Jeffery freaking Jeffrey in the morning, tumble out of bed and a stumbled to the kitchen, boolp and stretch.
Speaker 15: And try to come to them right now.
Speaker 7: I love this.
Speaker 4: We've got Christina on the phone. And when it comes to work in nine to five, Christina is over it because she's a project coordinator and says she does not like her job. The rat rays what job does she want to do?
Speaker 16: No job?
Speaker 12: She wants to never work again, Christina.
Speaker 4: And if she wins today she will have the money to start her early retirement.
Speaker 1: I don't think it works like that.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure it.
Speaker 4: Does, Christina.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi Christine.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious from your perspective, what do you hate so much about working?
Speaker 16: You know, the whole having to do it every game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's not optional. Wouldn't optionals be nice?
Speaker 18: So great?
Speaker 1: It's like, why couldn't I have been a trust fun baby?
Speaker 5: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 16: I got to bring that up with my parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's fun.
Speaker 5: You say, that's a good time. You talk to jeff about it. I don't know, it's not work for me.
Speaker 4: It's fun, all right, So We're gonna send Brook out of the studio and while she leaves, Christina, you know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brook outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Good luck?
Speaker 4: Your time starts now. Justin Timberlake celebrates a birthday today. Is he forty three or forty eight?
Speaker 15: Forty three?
Speaker 4: Pearl and walla walla are types of what vegetable onions? What is the official language of Portugal? Portuguese named the host of the TV show Kitchen Nightmares. I don't know, pat Chef Wendell's the mascot for what popular cereal, the scalp The scalpula is more commonly known as what body part? In which country was Pepperoni invented? And hint it's not Italy?
Speaker 16: Uh port Stain?
Speaker 4: What's that? Oh Portugal? But good work there, Chris. Now, I know that you don't want to work, but apparently you have done a little bit of work at home by building a bunk bed for your daughter.
Speaker 16: Yes, from scratch.
Speaker 19: Well, I took a part in an old bed and turned it into a loft bed.
Speaker 3: Okay, and now how scared are you when she sleeps on the bottom?
Speaker 13: You know there's no bottom, it's just a.
Speaker 3: Desk oh okay, a little crash on top of her when she's sitting right.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Christina is a woman of many talents. Okay, I love that.
Speaker 4: Brook It's your turn, someone who hasn't built any bunk beds by herself.
Speaker 1: So I actually have to there you go, never even owned the one.
Speaker 4: Oh you're missing out?
Speaker 5: Okay, Brooks, your turn?
Speaker 4: Ready? Yes, your time starts now. Justin Timberlake celebrates a birthday today? Is he forty three or forty eight?
Speaker 1: Forty three?
Speaker 4: Pearl and walla walla are types of what vegetable onion? What is the official language of Portugal? Portuguese named the host of the TV show Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsey. Chef Wendell is the mascot for what popular cereal? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh uh?
Speaker 4: The scapula is more commonly known as what body bark? In? Which country was pepperoni invented? And hint, it's not Italy?
Speaker 1: United States?
Speaker 4: Yes, we all say, let's go to the scoreboard to see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 10: We'll probably sit around and cook some soups and eat brand desserts and just get a fat.
Speaker 4: And sassy Christina Christina's ideal lifestyle. Well, I'm currently fat and sassy. Christina got four.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Christina did.
Speaker 4: A good job, and Brook very skinny in sassy.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you by.
Speaker 5: Just edggy out there barely.
Speaker 1: Christina, I'm sorry, have a second career.
Speaker 4: Just let's go over the answers for everybody. Justin Timberlake has a birthday today. He is forty three years old.
Speaker 5: Pearl and walla walla.
Speaker 4: Are types of onions. The official language of Portugal is Portuguese shocker on that one. Kitchen Nightmares is hosted by Gordon Ramsey Chef Wendel's the mascot for cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 4: The scapul is more commonly known as your shoulder blade. And Pepperoni was invented in America. Yeah yeah. Italians brought salami over and Americans made their own, dried and spicier version, called it pepperoni.
Speaker 16: Cool.
Speaker 4: Good Christine, I'm sorry it wasn't enough to beat Brook here, but good news is just for playing. You win a fifty dollars gift card to Gray's Craze. You could celebrate with made to order charcouterie boards featuring hand crafted arrangements of these cheeses, breads, fresh fruits and veggies, sweets, and a whole lot more. Order for pickup or free local delivery at grayscraze dot com and.
Speaker 11: You could probably get some pepperoni.
Speaker 16: In salami on it on theme.
Speaker 9: It's like I just worked an hour, you know.
Speaker 3: I hope this year you find a long lost great uncle that dies and leaves you as entire inherents.
Speaker 4: Thank you awesome, Christina, Thank you so much for playing. We're going to be back to do wind Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.