Speaker 1: All right, everybody ask promised. Today we got two special guests. They are the stars of HGTV's hit show Married to Real Estate. Now that the show is currently in this third season got over nineteen million viewers. Wow, it's Egypt Sharad and Mike Jackson. They are the most down the earth married couple that renovates houses together. They also do a marriage and money podcast together, and they run a real estate renovation and design visit. They got a lot to tell us about, So we're gonna get to it. Ladies and gentle please put your hands together on the Steve Harvey morn the show for Mike and Egypt.
Speaker 2: Come on, get up there and get the crush them on the eyes. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Come on now, y'all better bring that energy today.
Speaker 2: Bring it on.
Speaker 1: That's how you stay on TV for three c's nobody tuning in to dead people.
Speaker 3: They're fun and they're real. They have a beautiful family. All of that. Steve, and you know, Egypt, I'm so so proud of you.
Speaker 1: You know what, Egypt, when we were on in New York and New York, when we were presently working in New York, Egypt came on after us. I used to stop viving now and then just to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I used to ask for a minute by.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, all questions I was, you know, I answered the questions and stuff. She's just really a cool, cool person. I'm so happy he found you.
Speaker 4: Though, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes he did finally, y'all. Finally.
Speaker 5: And the first day I saw her, see listener, I said, that's my wife right there.
Speaker 6: I knew what's crazy as he did, guys.
Speaker 2: And so you already know when a man tells you on the first date you're my wife. What do we think?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: And you guys have a real marriage. That's what's so beautiful about it. It's real, you see, the real and I love that.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. We're still working on that, right, We'll let us all know what we got to perfectly figure it out. But I think you know, Mike, every now and again, you know, on the job, will say, babe, come meet me in a car into the pantry. You know, he want me into the pantry or something like that. Bro, we're pro folks, right, so you know, we have our little day date every now and again to keep it alive and keep it sexy, and Mike always says, I say too. If we don't work, nothing's gonna work. The business won't, the kids won't, nothing won't. So we you know, we got to keep pouring into the relationship as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not just about being parents in partners. Listen, you still text to me. I'm still sexty to you.
Speaker 3: Keep it sexy, to.
Speaker 5: Keep the spontaneous, all right.
Speaker 2: See, we gonna keep this thing.
Speaker 5: Hogh, We're gonna keep dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could, I could grow, I could do that. Yeah, I could do the partry. I can't do the car no more. I'm going in there and knocking them can goods off that shelf which can get the beams in the slow and I ain't gonna be able to get out in their car no more.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: But that's what it is. They're they're they're real. You see the realness and you see the love of between them on the show. And that's what I love about the show. I love the real estate all that me too.
Speaker 6: And they flirt with each other on the show. Surely they're so cute. They're so cute, and I love the fact that you know it was one episode, I want to say this Egypt and Mike, there was one episode where the woman she broke off her engagement and you guys did a renovation of her basement because she didn't really want to leave her house.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? And you guys we loved that was Jasmine.
Speaker 6: That was Jasmine, And I felt at the end of the episode, I was about to cry because you empowered her.
Speaker 2: You empowered her to with.
Speaker 6: That design that she wanted. You guys listened to her. She didn't have a lot of money, but you empowered her to keep her home, to start over, to give her that girl power that she could do this. You did the backyard. It was just fly And I just love that. So it's legers to what you guys do. We're just remodeling. It's deeper than that. So I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I consider myself blessed. We do every day to be able to legitimately do something that we love with each other and bring our family along for it, like you know, our uncle Mark's on the show, you our cousins and the business. Yeah, and we've come a long way, you know, hopefully from you know, our lips to God's Ears will be on for ten more seasons.
Speaker 4: So time. Can y'all help me out? I need a closet or hot flashes? Can y'all do something for my way that a nice cold closet, just something for hot flash.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't know. I didn't know men had hot flashes. I just started the trade. Men go through it too.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm going through the fact that my wife goes through that. She got the hound fitty. I'm just trying to get some help over.
Speaker 2: We're gonna work that out with these fours. You make sure you tigne up and we got you. Brother. We fight over the sermons set over here too.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that you guys are building an empire and Egypt. We're going to talk about that, your your store, your your furniture store, all of that, because you guys do so much and the time that you have on TV and we love it so much. I mean, you have a store called Indigo Home. You do home renovation and you do home decorps. We have to talk about all of that. We got to take a short break, but when we come back, we're going to talk about that and your money and marriage podcast. Okay, all right, all right, all right, We're with Egypt and Mike from HGTV's Married to real Estate. We'll be back right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Steve Harvey Morning Show. We are back with Egypt and Mike from HGTV's hit show Mary to real Estate. We love the show. We're so happy you guys could join us. You're in your third season, nineteen million viewers. You got so much.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when we left we were talking about all the things that were doing. But let's talk about this for a minute, man, Because you all have a home furnishing line called Indigold Road.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you guys actually see the culmination of that this season. You'll get to see the development, at least the very beginning of Indigo Road. You know, TV is always like a year behind, so you'll see the beginning of it. But Indigo Road is actually our real estate company. We've got Indigo Road Realty, design groups and home furnishings now so you can find us at Indigo Road dot com. We're on wait there, we're working on a deal with Home Goods right now. Y'all do it?
Speaker 3: YESSI willing an empire.
Speaker 4: I love it, but That's what happens. Though.
Speaker 1: When you get a team, you got to get my teammate.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I tell men all the time, you can be successful by yourself. Well, you'll never be great without a woman. There is a long great men. You can't sign up for greatness without a woman because they are too detailed, they know too much. Hey, you all got a lot of stuff. Let's talk about one of the special projects y'all working on on the show this year, something with some HBCUs.
Speaker 2: Yes, Steve, let me tell you.
Speaker 5: We are so happy and excited and humbled to be a part of the cloud Atlanta University CAU, you know, the historically black college in the South here, And they called us and said, listen, the men's basketball team. We're getting ready to renovate the lounge and the locker room area. Can you guys come on over and help us out. And when I tell you it's gonna be something talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was, I'll be honest, y'all, that was a lot of pressure. I was nervous. My first instinct was, no, Mike, we can't do it. But I'm so glad we did. It came out absolutely amazing, So we're looking forward to you guys seeing that the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this couple is doing a lot of great things, man, a lot of great things in a total scheme of things, which is a testament to marriage and partnerships and finding the right one and dream building. When two people get together in his name, what I mean, hard to mess with. We happy for y'all you doing it. We're gonna be watching Married to Real Estate with Egypt and Mike tomorrow night third. Here's the night, nine pm Eastern Time on hg TV.
Speaker 4: Egypt, Mike, thank.
Speaker 5: Y'all so much than we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Love, congratulations, Hot flash closet, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Up, Tommy, but real thought, that makes a lot of money because I get a hot flaer all you can just double down and just put you a stand up meat locker in your house.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Egypt and Mike. We will be watching coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, Steve Junior is upset that you don't take his music choices seriously and he wants to talk about it with you. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show