Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news.
Speaker 2: Carlo's here with today's music news about the Grammys, all right, and Nia Long will play Catherine Jackson in an upcoming Michael Jackson biopic.
Speaker 1: And then some weird news.
Speaker 2: A woman in China is leaving millions to her pets, all right, not her kids, her pets. Why because her kids didn't come and see her when she was six. So there, all right, we'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the colo.
Speaker 1: This one's from Sapphire and Auburn.
Speaker 2: Sapphire writes, I'm married to a white man and I checked his Netflix profile this past weekend. He watched Emancipations and Harriet and he didn't mention it. Why is he watching slave movies? Is this a reflec or was it for educational.
Speaker 3: Press tried to drag us into yo world?
Speaker 4: We all know why to hear watch unless he trying to pick up some ideas.
Speaker 3: Now, that's what you need to do, is you just both to see what he trying to do.
Speaker 1: That's what she's asking, you know.
Speaker 4: I just think the man just trying to you know, understand culturally more. Maybe why some of the things you're saying what you're saying. Why when you go over your people barbecue they be talking like that. So I just said, man, let me find out what I can find out the situation, because I.
Speaker 1: Love you, white guy.
Speaker 3: Something going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, christ, he didn't want crying out loud?
Speaker 3: You can got you right, she walked up the river. She got you to safety.
Speaker 4: She did not say that because you're still crying about it.
Speaker 3: And the name of the movie is emancipation. I mean you're free. Come on for crying out loud. Why are we still going over this. I'm gonna watch these movies and get the.
Speaker 1: Bottom of this. He said that to his wife, and he said that at the barber.
Speaker 3: That's what he said to it. To his what.
Speaker 1: Himself.
Speaker 3: That's why him trying to get to the bottom up.
Speaker 1: That's what she wants to know.
Speaker 2: Is it a red flag or was he just watching for educational purposes?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why't you ask him? You're married that all right?
Speaker 2: Moving on to Adriana and Louisville. Adriana said, when I asked my boyfriend to help me out around the house, he complains so when he asked me to help him out in the bedroom, I complain, we've only been living together a few months and.
Speaker 1: He's already acting up. Should I pay to.
Speaker 2: Break our lease and leave him or give him a little more time to get it together?
Speaker 4: Well, see, you're looking at this kind of one side, and you're gonna based on him getting it together to help you clean up. Now you didn't equate it to asking him to clean up to complain it now you want to have sex and complain.
Speaker 3: I don't think the two are relatable, of.
Speaker 4: Course, because you're I mean, yeah, I mean, but now that you've made that the case, if you can't help me clean up, so now that's right there alone.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be quite a problem. So I don't know. Put together, But.
Speaker 4: Now that you have, y'all got a special kind of property, then we all get afterwards.
Speaker 1: Not until you help me around the house.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all ain't gonna make it out, uh breaking the least.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody by y'all need to slow down some of this.
Speaker 3: Horse.
Speaker 4: And because yeah, all that old us. There's too much of that, you know, man, if a man won't you let.
Speaker 1: It prove it mm hmmm quick.
Speaker 4: Given test runs, I would stop all these test runs, man, I really would stop. You don't need nobody playing with you, trying you out, seeing how you fit in, how you gonna get in? Now this the milk costs this. You don't get the milk unless you buy the cow. Y'all got y'all got to get back to some of this old cool way of thinking, man, because because this new thing I'm telling you right now is not working out, y'all, it's not even working out for the tire family structure at all. And then it allows some of these men to get away with complete weakness and the adequates because you're not requiring them to be what a man is supposed to be. Now, granted, it's not your fault, and a lot of these young cats just don't know the full brevity of manhood and what's required, and they passing out this information they self, just like women used to pass out information about men. It's some men out there passing out some bad information about what manhood is.
Speaker 3: Man. The woman got to get help me, that's true. She do. She do have to get in there and help you. But you got to do your job too. Now, you gotta help.
Speaker 1: Yourself into the table.
Speaker 4: Damn, don't y know what she brings to the table. Well, she can make another you. Let's start there. A lot of other things. She can give you a family. Let's start there. See manufacturers that producers like.
Speaker 2: Moving on hope, hopefully you heard that. Adriana and Louisville moving to Blessing in Rockford. Blessing says, I've been singing since I was born, and I don't want to miss an opportunity to get with a major label. I'm twenty four and I've been married two years. How do I convince my husband to put our family on hold until I see if I have what it takes to make it.
Speaker 3: You've been saying since she was two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since she was born. See right, she's been married.
Speaker 4: How well do you sing Blessing? We just basing it on your name? You know, I think I think blessens. I think Blessings mostly been doing most of her blowing down at the church, and you can get away with a lot down at the church.
Speaker 3: Has Kim Barell heard you saying yet with me?
Speaker 4: Because that's what we know. You need to see if since kim Barell has heard you saying that. I mean, you know, you could talk to your husband about putting your family on hold.
Speaker 3: You're only twenty four.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonna start having kids right now, you know, So going in there and talk to him and see if you can make it happen. And this major record label stuff business is not what it is anymore, so you might want to look into that. Yeah, and has anybody anybody recorded you? And play it when you ain't around anybody?
Speaker 1: She said she since she was born.
Speaker 3: Probably I heard all that I've been talking.
Speaker 1: Says, I'm boring to you know what she just wat if she has what it takes. Don't be aller.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not being a dream killer. I'm being realistic. I'm just asking you a question. Has anybody gotten the tape of yours? And play it when you ain't there?
Speaker 1: Do your husband? Thank you? Then, sir, none of that's in the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well we're just going to assume she can sing because she says she can.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, your job to pursue your dream. There. Next question, should following win jump do everything I.
Speaker 1: Said right that jump jump dream field.
Speaker 3: There you go, jump do it tomorrow. Put you jun I did all.
Speaker 1: Right, Marlene, and Sarasota.
Speaker 2: This is our last one says, my son is overweight and I can't stand going anywhere with them. The boy is eleven and she all of my sister son. Excuse me, my sister son is overweight, and I can't stand going anywhere with them. The boy is eleven, and she always has snacks in her purse like he's a baby. I want them to seriously take better care of his health. So how do approach the subject?
Speaker 3: All you got to do is say, hey, hey, take you fat ass? No, well, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: It's a type of minner in Junior was talking about her exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm not carrying you fat ass nowhere no more. Authordoctor.
Speaker 4: You want to go with Auntie, it's what you're gonna have to do. You got to leave all their pies and coin and Kate and all this back at the house. Cor I'm bringing celaries and cucumbers. Now do you still want to go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, we're out of here. Coming up at the top of the hour, entertainment news right after.
Speaker 4: This, being on that window every time we go by McDonald's stopping
Speaker 1: You're listening hardy Morning show