Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 1: Don't given amicon bus busy.
Speaker 3: Listening to.
Speaker 4: Show to.
Speaker 3: Joy Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joy, you gotta use.
Speaker 3: You love, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Have to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the water the money up looking.
Speaker 4: Come come on, you're think, uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey. Ah got a radio show you know today. I was thinking of what I would say today and it just dawned on me this way, and I just want to share this with everybody listening.
Speaker 4: You've got to get some help to make it through life.
Speaker 6: I cannot imagine where I would be if it was not for the help of my God, if it wasn't for his grace and mercy, if I did not have the ability to lean on him and all the times I've had to lean on him, which has become a daily basis. I have no idea where I would be, but clearly I know for a matter of fact, I would not be here today. You have got to get some help to get through this thing called life. I am begging you to look into it. Man, you've got to form a relationship with God. Without a relationship with God, this thing called life is daunting at times.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you are.
Speaker 6: I know I'm speaking the truth right now, because listen, no matter who you are, what job title you have, what aspirations you may have, I don't care what your educational background is or is not. It does not matter. If you don't get a real relationship going on with God. I don't see how you can make it. So many people are faking in fronting out here like they got it going on, and you don't know, and you really don't know how many people that you think in your neighborhood had it going on because you saw a car pull up in the driveway, or they house look bigger, or the grass is cutting nicer, and you only find out that a foreclosure side on they house too.
Speaker 4: See, you don't know.
Speaker 6: The mask that people put on to parade around in is for appearance sakes. So a lot of people you looking at that you think got it going on? Who might be the pattern of success that you wan a trace? You got to be real careful with that because it may not be as it appears to be. But one thing is for sure, no matter what's going on in your life, I know that behind whatever mask I'm wearing, or I realized, no matter what the appearances may be, that on the other side of me, I'm gonna be just fine.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 6: You may be outwardly people hating on you, talking about you, dragging your name through the mud. Look, man, people can say stuff about you. Most people talking about you don't even know you. They just participating in it. You can have that appearance going on, but behind you, within you, if you have a relationship with God, it don't matter because you can be all right. I've seen it get real stormy on the outside for me, but on the inside I just had to feel and I was gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: See that's what the relationship gives you, man.
Speaker 6: It gives you the confidence to know that the things that you're going through a temporary that is just the space that you happen to be in. Like I said the other day, you got to remember something. The road to success is always under construction. You might as well get ready for that if you plan it on changing, getting better, doing something about your health. If you decide, hey, look, I just would like to live a longer, more prosperous life, or hey, I want to make X amount of dollars, or hey man, I'm gonna stop staying out in these streets and I'm gonna come home and treat my family way they ought to be treated. I don't care what decision you make. When you strike out on that road to success, it's under construction, partner. There's barrels out there, there's wide turns, there's detours.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It's being out there holding signs saying slow down. Sometimes they put the stop sign up. You got to wait and watch people go by you on the other side. Then before you can take off again. You've all been on the road with construction on it. It can be so frustrating. And the whole time you on that road, I know, when I'm on the road we could under construction. I'm always thinking of an alternative path. I ain't ever set in traffic under construction, man, and thought of if I get off on this exit, where would it take me? Not knowing, but just man, could I keep moving if I go that way? That's a dangerous thing sometimes, see, because Oftentimes when we get off the road to success and we take that other path, we get further and further off course. Because wasn't no detourls signed for that, Just a decision I made on my own because I don't like sitting here sometimes I don't have the patience I ought to have, so I've taken some what I thought might be shortcuts. But I got to tell you something, ain't no shortcuts on the road to success. Even the detour signs wind up taking you a little bit out your way. And look background. I remember one time I was coming from Las Vegas and that was some type of chemical spill in the truck and you could all see the smoke up ahead.
Speaker 4: It very faint.
Speaker 6: So they detoreed us through the desert and we had to go all the way around, and I drove, man like an hour and a half out of the way. And when they entered us back on the freeway where we were to go back to La as soon as I got it that exit to get back on the freeway, I looked.
Speaker 4: Right there and there the accident was.
Speaker 6: Now it was an hour and a half hour forty five all the way around in that desert to get back to almost the same place.
Speaker 4: But it was the best way to go because see, that was the route to take.
Speaker 6: And that's what you got to understand about trying to make the right decision to be successful, that the road to success is always under construction. You're gonna have to go round a little bit, so quick, stop being impatient with I don't want to go around.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go this way. You go that way if you want to just follow the detour science.
Speaker 6: See, because somebody that came up this road before, you have somebody travel the road already and they took the way around, and yeah, it seemed like it's a longer way, and you want to make that other decision. But stay on the road to success. It's under construction, man, That's just the way it goes. Don't lose your patience and try to create a shortcut for yourself. I'm gonna go away. Ain't nobody ever gone way? Hold up, Pardoner, you really think you're gonna do that? Listen, there's oftentimes a lot of rewards when you go the least travel path, but the road to success is the least travel path. That's what you keep getting mixed up. You keep thinking if you go another way. No, No, stay on the road to success. That is the least travel path. It's under construction. You can go out there with your machete if you want to talking about cutting new trails. You think the road to success is under construction, take the other route and get that machete out and see how long you be out there trying to cut a path. Sometimes, Man, you just got to stay patient. The road to success has been traveled before by millions of people in front of you, everybody that has some setbacks in life. But don't get off the road to success just because you having some setbacks, just because you see some orange barrels up, just because there's some men out there with vest on what they got to.
Speaker 3: Do with you?
Speaker 6: Everybody, everybody that's trying to be successful, is on that road. Your relationship with God helps you guide yourself around the barrels. It helps you have the patience to go around that way. He gonna get you back where you gotta be. But you got to go out there so you can learn some things. See, you need God to make it in life because the road to success is always under construction. He calms you down when the barrels is up He lets you know it's gonna be all right. He rewards you with the patience to finish because he gonna get you right back where you need to be and you can get on which way you is going.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, y'all, we're gonna try that today.
Speaker 7: You're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning shows, uh, ladies and Germany.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'm not gonna do that this morning. What I'm going to do is I'm going to approach it differently. I am going to assume that you've already thanked him. I am going to assume that you are already grateful, and I am already going to assume that you've already made your necessary adjustments in the three levels of attitude, gratitude, attitude, altitude. I'm just gonna assume you do it because I know that I'm talking to that type of people. I'm talking to a type of people. Well, you ain't got to keep telling them over and over and over, because most of us who are listening to this show have children, and we know the exhaustion of saying something to somebody over and over and over and over and they keep not listening. We are not children, We are children of God. But we ain't baby children, Ladies and gentlemen. That's how I'm starting. Steve hark Mortish, Why did I choose to do that? I have no idea. I just tripped, that's all. I just I just tripped. Just now, I just tripped. I said, baby, I love that baby. Baby tip were grown.
Speaker 4: I like that child. What you fins to do is stop acting like a baby child. I like that one. I don't know where your man child at, but you need to draw on it.
Speaker 6: Charlie Strawberry calling for real Mississippi, Monica Junior, nephew, Tommy, Ladies and gentlemen, Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: We started the same way. Your sir, what in the world is on your mind? Well? You know what up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 1: Man, I just want to say, man, I want to give your flowers up. Why are you here?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: You know your mentorship really means something, man, And I want to say thank you for taking the time man, that you take with me.
Speaker 1: And all these other young men that you do this for.
Speaker 8: Because I just realized, however tough, I got your methods un orthodox.
Speaker 1: Now they're not normal methods.
Speaker 4: You you do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they kind of on orthodox, but I get the message. Though, And I just want to tell you, even though I was going through some things, I've learned so much about life. That's what I did. You had to teach it to me.
Speaker 8: And I just appreciate that, man, because I don't never thank you for it. I just assume you're supposed to do it for me, and you don't.
Speaker 4: You really don't. I assume he's supposed to do it for me. I don't care how you feel.
Speaker 6: See the two angles I had to deal with everything. Yeah, it's why I wake up and yeah, that's what I got. Well, I appreciate that, Junior. I know my methods is a bit on orthodox. I feel told that by uh my wife told me that reason. I don't know why you raised these boys like that. Well, you know you don't know how, So what is you talking to me for? You know, just like I don't know how to turn none of these girls into women. And as soon as I said that, now, my wife texts me.
Speaker 4: Right on time.
Speaker 1: She's listening right now.
Speaker 6: Oh she just text me. She just texts me right now, and a really wonderful text. I like to retract what I.
Speaker 1: Just said about because she's listening.
Speaker 4: I show hope now wellness, how we're doing today?
Speaker 7: Come on, Charley, let's go all right.
Speaker 9: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hardy, morning show time Now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 5: What you got for his neph I'm working it out up in here and done two hundred push ups this morning before we started the show, and after that. I could badly get too brushed to my mind, but I'm here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you did, you push up, but you can't brush you deep? Yeah, I understand what you have with that down. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't move.
Speaker 4: What do you think your max number?
Speaker 1: Push ups?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 3: One time?
Speaker 4: What can you do?
Speaker 5: I'm probably in the forties if I just pushed myself. That's pushing though. Now as we get through that for that, that honey, we're gonna get you that huney. Now we're gonna that's it.
Speaker 6: Last time I did it, I did thirty one. And I don't really think that you even count that last.
Speaker 4: That's really getting up, ain't it. That's really I really.
Speaker 6: Thought I counted to get up out the flow that thirty one. I did thirty but that was a challenging for me. How about you, Jim, I'll get fit in you.
Speaker 4: Damn lie Line.
Speaker 3: Got the.
Speaker 4: Push up challenge already heard push up challenge?
Speaker 8: Hey, you you shouldn't be challenging nobody. First of all, that no, you ain't trying to challee nobody. You And of course what your challenges have not been working out? Well, I figure.
Speaker 4: I can pick it out one I know I can win.
Speaker 5: This is Frank, don't worry about this. Something I need to take care. I talked to man, I speak to Terry. My name is Daryl, Damen is my brother. I don't live in Dallas where y'all live at. I'm the one that live out of town. But we didn't have a family meeting and talked about it. And uh, I know Travis is your son. He eight years old. But the problem is the reason why I'm calling you, uh, Tyry, is cause we didn't found out that Travis ain't none of Damon's child. Excuse me, Travis ain't none a Damon child. He been paying you child support here for the last and you say I'm there, I'm Damon brother.
Speaker 10: And who gave you this information.
Speaker 4: We all have found the information out.
Speaker 5: We actually gonna go down there to the courthouse and get all this stuff rectified. But we didn't found out that ain't none of Damon's child. And you've been sit up here sending you money seven eight hundred dollars a month and this child ain't even here.
Speaker 4: Now, I hate for Travis to find this out, and he.
Speaker 10: Gonna have to find it out, but he ain't gonna find Ask why are you calling me?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 5: The family then had a meeting, and I'm the one that they decided to make the phone call and tell you what's going on.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want you.
Speaker 10: You don't have a damn thing to do with this. You You ain't nobody daddy over here, So I'm not sure what you're calling for. Who God made you king or wanted you to be head in charge to call? But that's not gonna work out.
Speaker 4: Well, let me, why are you doing this to my brother? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: For eight years, the man been sending you seven hundred and some dollars a month and this ain't even his child.
Speaker 3: You know why am I even.
Speaker 11: Talking to you?
Speaker 10: I'm not really sure your brother need to call me if he has any problems to questions. You have a good thing.
Speaker 5: You don't hang No damn phone up on me. Damon told me you litt last was hard headed anyway.
Speaker 10: Look, wait, you know what you got the wrong one baby, Like I'm trying to not lose all my religion today, but you about to make me lose it on your well. You don't know who you do it over here. So like I said before, my son, your nephew that you trying not to claim over there. I don't know why you came from wherever they are. You said you came from the Dallads to try to came on.
Speaker 4: I came from California down here to Dallas.
Speaker 10: And I'm telling you need to take your ba come back to California because down here you don't.
Speaker 4: Know me like this, No, I don't know you, but I'm finna know you. And Travis find to know that my brother ain't his daddy.
Speaker 10: I don't know you know what. You need to talk to your brother again. That's what you need to do.
Speaker 3: And you don't need to be.
Speaker 10: Talking to me.
Speaker 4: You finish sent us all the money my brother didn't send y'all.
Speaker 10: I and when I do look but I sent when I sent all that eight years worth of money back, you gonna.
Speaker 5: Send every dime back because it belonged to my brother. That ain't my brother.
Speaker 4: Child.
Speaker 5: Now we ain't got time to be going on. No marve pops showing nothing to find out who is right?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 10: Like I said, you kicked wrong. Want to be your best bet. Not to call me anymore. You actually it is a good thing that you call because if you can't knocking on my door, you got you with today.
Speaker 4: No you go, that's my second thing I'm fen to do.
Speaker 5: If we can't rectified over the fount, I don't have a problem coming over there, knocking down some doz and getting some questions answered, because damn, it just ain't Damon's baby.
Speaker 10: Obviously you must wish it was yours. So she's taking so much interest.
Speaker 5: No it ain't mine, but but it ain't Damon's either, And we got nothing money, must not have any and looking for a song.
Speaker 10: But I'm sorry this was taken over here and Damon where we continue to play?
Speaker 3: When he owes Damon, don't open ask what's wrong with your brothers?
Speaker 10: Now you don't want to pay? I'm sorry he's gonna continue to play and you can call whoever you want to call, do whatever you want to do. So go back and tell your mama and everybody else who who's waiting for this meeting, to let them know it ain't happening.
Speaker 4: Look, my mama ain't got nothing.
Speaker 12: To do with it.
Speaker 4: Mama business.
Speaker 10: Your mama, you say, sir, Mama and y'all got together. She the same way. I'll see where you get it from. You're just like her, knows y'all from knows it people. Man yaall, damn business.
Speaker 3: That's a grown marind That ain't.
Speaker 5: My mama said it from the get go, that it wasn't hunting, that it wasn't Dame in Chilo.
Speaker 3: I mean your mama.
Speaker 10: The two face lock because you ain't what your mama said.
Speaker 4: You ain't finna sit here and bring my mama up in this well.
Speaker 10: If you know so much, then you back. Come knock on my ball, Come knock on my.
Speaker 3: Ball if you want to.
Speaker 4: We done done.
Speaker 5: The man seven hundred and fifty dollars times twelve times eight is seventy two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's how much money my brother didn't send you. And that's how much. We want back and I need you to get to working on this money.
Speaker 10: Naw, okay, why don't you come over here and get it.
Speaker 5: Don't get your with today, Terry, come on over here.
Speaker 10: You don't see him.
Speaker 3: You can pay you in Dallas when.
Speaker 4: I don't care nothing about but I'm in no Dallas.
Speaker 10: We ain't drying to form you. So what I don't even know what they hear is I don't I don't even know why I'm wasting my time talking to you. Like I said, your brother is a week if he got to have you. Y'all had a meeting and you got to be the.
Speaker 3: One to call.
Speaker 10: I'm not really understanding.
Speaker 4: Look, I got one more thing I need to say to you, is you're listening to me?
Speaker 10: You know you get nerves, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You respect me? Are you listening to me? What this is?
Speaker 5: Nephew Timy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: You just got right, Oh, you just got pranked by your sister Tanya. Baby.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: She say talk to her about her baby daddy and that baby. Ye oh, all right, let me ask you this. What is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land to Steve Harby Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you, come out and challenge when we come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Right, that's the CELO coming up next with our Chief love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In the entertainment news, Carlo is here with today's music news about the rammis all right, and Nia Long will play Catherine Jackson in and upcoming Michael Jackson biopic.
Speaker 1: And then some weird news.
Speaker 9: A woman in China is leaving millions to her pets, all right, not her kids, her pets. Why because her kids didn't come and see her when she was six.
Speaker 1: So there, all right.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about all.
Speaker 9: Of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo.
Speaker 7: This one's from Sapphire and Auburn.
Speaker 9: Sapphire writes, I'm married to a white man and I checked his Netflix profile this past weekend he watched Emancipation and Harriet and he didn't mention it.
Speaker 7: Why is he watching slave movies? Is this a reflec or was it for educational person?
Speaker 6: He tried to drag us into yo, world, we all know why to hear watch unless he tried to pick up some ideas.
Speaker 4: Now that's what you need to do, is you just both to see what he trying to do.
Speaker 7: That's what she's asking, you know.
Speaker 6: I just think the man just trying to you know, understand and culturally more maybe why some of the things you're saying. What you're saying, why when you go over your people barbecue they be talking like that.
Speaker 4: So I just said, man, let me find out what I can find out about.
Speaker 1: The situation because I love your white guy.
Speaker 6: Something going on. I mean, Christ, he didn't watch for crying out loud. She and got you right, She walked you up the river, she got you to safety.
Speaker 1: He did not say that.
Speaker 6: The guys you're still crying about it. And the name of the movie is emancipation. I mean, you're free coming for crying out loud? Why are we still going over this? I'm gonna watch these movies and.
Speaker 4: Get the bottle this.
Speaker 2: He said that to his wife, and he said that at the barber. That's what he said to it to his wife. Oh himself, that's why him trying to get to the bottom up.
Speaker 7: That's what she wants to know. Is it a red flag or was he just watching for educational purposes?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. Why don't you ask him? You're mad? That all right?
Speaker 9: Moving on to Adriana and Louisville. Adriana said, when I asked my boyfriend to help me out around the house, he complains. So when he asked me to help him out in the bedroom.
Speaker 7: I complain.
Speaker 9: We've only been living together a few months and he's already acting up. Should I pay to break our lease and leave him or give him a little more time to get it together?
Speaker 6: Well, see, you're looking at this kind of one side, and you're gonna based on him getting it together to help you clean up. Now you didn't equate it to asking him to clean up, to complain it now you want to have sex and complain.
Speaker 1: I don't think the two are relatable, of course, because you're I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, but now that you've made that the case, if you can't help me clean up, so now that's right there alone, it's gonna be quite a problem.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, put them too together. But now that you have, y'all got a.
Speaker 13: Special kind of property, then we all get afterwards, not until you help me around the house, alight.
Speaker 6: I don't know if y'all ain't gonna make it out, uh breaking the least by y'all need to slow down some of this horse and because yeah, all that old us. There's too much of that, you know, man, if a man won't you let it prove it mm hmmm quick given test runs, I would stop all these test runs, man, I really would stop. You don't need nobody playing with you, trying you out, seeing how you fit in, how you gonna get in?
Speaker 4: Now this the milk costs this. You don't get the milk unless you buy the cow y'all got.
Speaker 6: Y'all got to get back to some of this old school way of thinking, man, because because this new thing I'm telling you right now is not working out for y'all. It's not even working out for the tire family structure at all. And then it allows some of these men to get away with complete weakness and adequates because you're not requiring them to be what a man is supposed to be. Now, granted, it's not your fault, and a lot of these young cats just don't know the full brevity of manhood and what's required, and they passing out this information they self, just like women used to pass out information about men. It's some men out there passing out some bad information about what manhood is. Mad woman got to get in and help me, that's true. She do, she do have to get in there and help you. But you got to do your job too. Now you gotta help you. Damn don't know what she brings to the table. Well, she can make another you. Let's start there. A lot of other things. I can give you a family that start there, see manufacturers and producers like.
Speaker 9: All right, moving on, hopefully, hopefully you heard that. Adriana and Louisville moving to Blessing and rock A Blessing says, I've been singing since I was born, and I don't want to miss an opportunity to get with a major label. I'm twenty four and I've been married two years. How do I convince my husband to put our family on hold until I see if I have what it takes to make it.
Speaker 1: You've been saying it since she was two, Yeah, since she was born. See right, she's been married.
Speaker 6: How well do you sing blessing? We'll just basing it on your name. You know, I think I think Blessens. I think Blessings mostly been doing most of her blowing down at the church, and you can get away with a lot down at the church.
Speaker 4: Has Kim Barell heard you saying yet with me? Because that's what we know.
Speaker 6: You need to see if since Kim Barell has heard you saying that, I mean, you know, you could talk to your husband about putting your family on hold. You're only twenty four. You ain't gonna start having kids right now. Yeah, you know, so going in there and talk to him and see if you could make it happen. And this major record label stuff business is not what it is anymore, so you might want to look into that. Yeah, And has anybody anybody recorded you?
Speaker 4: And play it when you ain't around anybody?
Speaker 7: She said she since she was born.
Speaker 4: I heard all that I've been talking, says I'm boring to you know what?
Speaker 7: She Just watch her if she has what it takes.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not being a dream killer, I'm being realistic. I'm just asking you a question. Has anybody gotten the tape of yours? And play it when you ain't there?
Speaker 4: Do your husband? Thank you? Then, sir?
Speaker 7: None of that's in the question.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, We're just going to assume she can sing because she says she can.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, your job to pursue your dream there. Next question should following caution to the wind, jump do.
Speaker 4: Everything I said right that job, dream field there you go, jump do it tomorrow. Put you down.
Speaker 9: I did all right, Marlene and Sarasota. This is our last one says, my son is overweight and I can't stand going anywhere with them. The boy is eleven and she all of my sister son. Excuse me, my sister son is overweight and I can't stand going anywhere with them. The boy is eleven, and she always has snacks in her purse like he's a baby. I want them to seriously take better care of his health. So how do approach the subject?
Speaker 4: All you got to do is say, hey, ain't taking fat ass nowhere. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: It's a type of minner in Junior was talking about here.
Speaker 8: This is exactly what I'm not carrying you, fat ass, no where, no more.
Speaker 1: Author Doctor, you want to go with Auntie.
Speaker 6: This is what you're gonna have to do. You got to leave all them pies and corn and Kate and all this back at the house. Cor I'm bringing celaries and cucumbers. Now do you still want to go?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, we're out of here.
Speaker 7: Coming up at the top of the hour, Enterment News right after this.
Speaker 4: Cheers. As we know that window every time we go buy McDonald stop it.
Speaker 9: You're listening, Harvey Morning Show. Listen up, Steve Harvey Nation. Imagine immersing yourself in timeless elegance at Fountain Blue Las Vegas with a President's Day Pampering Package four to two February seventeenth through the twenty twenty twenty four. This package includes round trip coach airfare for two, hotel stay, a three hundred and fifty dollars credit for dinner at Don's Prime Steakhouse, a one hundred and fifty dollars credit for brunch at La Fontaine, and a five hundred dollars credit for a couple's massage at Lapis Spot and Wellness. You can enter now and get rules at STEVEARBFM dot com. It is sponsored by the all new Fountain Blue, Las Vegas. That is STEVEARBFM dot com for all the info. All right, good luck, all right, Come on, Carla with the Grammy.
Speaker 2: News, What you Got the sixty six sixty six years see an Your Grammy's going down this Sunday. It's Sunday n LA, hosted by Trevor Noah. Nominees include Record of the Year Put This On My Mama, Love the Song, Victoria Money, John Baptize for Worship, Anti Hero by Taylor Swift and Jess. In case you're wondering, her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs player Travis Kelsey, he probably will not be attending the Grammys with his girlfriend. Yeah, he probably busy, got practice or something like that. But anyway, Album of the Year Sos by Sizza, Midnights by Taylor Swift, Best New Artist Coco Jones, Victoria Monete, Best R and B Chris Brown, Sizza, Best Rap Drake Killer Mike This just in. They announced this on this past Monday. I'm so excited. Sizza will be performing at the Grammys. Other performers include Billy Eilis, Travis Scott will be performing Burning Boy, Love Him, Olivia rod Rego will be there, and YouTube will do a special performance live from their Vegas residency. So that's gonna be special. And Joni Mitchell I.
Speaker 1: Think she's like what eighty years old the Folks singer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you brought that up.
Speaker 7: Because she's a legend.
Speaker 1: She's eighty years old and she's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh God, the singer, the singer from Happy Anyway, the Grammys this Sunday.
Speaker 4: On Chris Brown. Chris Brown be putting it on.
Speaker 1: Boy right here, Chris Brown will be there the hell.
Speaker 3: She is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the Grammys are going down Sunday to l A.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me say this though. I want Nicki Minaj and Magan A. Sallion to stop this nasty beef that they have going on, all this nastiness in twenty twenty four. He needs to stop. That's all I'm gonna say about that beef. It's nasty, It's horrible.
Speaker 1: I'm just can we just know something? Yeah, I see, Tommy, I see.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Do you all know? Are you aware of this?
Speaker 6: And a lot of my friends are sending this to me too, And I'm talking about people that's in the business.
Speaker 4: Fake news YouTube creators.
Speaker 6: Fake news YouTube creators are targeting black celebrities with AI generated misinformation. But I have already seen one of myself. They took my imagery like I was on stage and put it in this finance commercial and started using my voice. But if you listen to real careful, you can see it's not me. They are targeting the creators of fake news YouTube. Those people are going after black celebrities with AI generated misinformation, and they are targeting this. And you know why they've chosen us because they have looked at us on Instagram and YouTube, and we are the ones that respond most viciously to negative information. So now they're targeting black celebrities because they can get the most eyeballs by generating fake news about them, and they will make money off.
Speaker 4: Our greed and necessity to destroy each other.
Speaker 6: And now the white people at YouTube, the creators of fake news, are now targeting. I'm gonna send you all the article. It's crazy what's going on, and everybody's aware, and it's amazing how they gonna start this with black celebrities. You know why because they watch us eating each other alive.
Speaker 14: Yeah, these two women there one million views shning uh shop or then you got Meghan and what color talking about Naji and they eating each other up on records.
Speaker 2: They're eating each other up on vinyl. Yeah, they records and dissing each other in lyrics. It's horrible what's going on.
Speaker 6: It's bad, bad, But now they have found a way to take advantage and make money off our negativity and self hate and black people. We have got to wake up and realize what we are doing now, we are doing to ourselves. The Willie Lynch letter is now we writing it. We're writing it for for for cyber space. It's a damn shame man.
Speaker 9: All Right, you're right, absolutely, okay, Yeah, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll find out about some of your uh, big game essential Steve, some of your big game essentials.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: Okay, So, Steve, we all know that Detroit and Baltimore are not, I repeat, not in the super Bowl. So you're not going to Las Vegas. You're not going to get a chance to wear your purple suit. You'll be at the house. Sorry, You'll be at the house watching the super Bowl like everyone else. But I gotta ask you this, what are some of your big game party essentials? What are some of the things that you got to have, Guys.
Speaker 1: You've got to have.
Speaker 4: We know them wings, isn't It is, just that's first on the list.
Speaker 9: You gotta have the wings, my nephew, do you grillings wings?
Speaker 7: All flav all flavors are just one particular flavor you're doing.
Speaker 5: We gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna have a spicy when we're gonna have a lemon pepper one. Yeah, my wife do one, but she do her own little Yeah, you do her.
Speaker 4: You don't eat them.
Speaker 1: You just threw that away. No, they're so bland. I don't want that.
Speaker 3: Or I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really nothing. I ain't doing all that. I just got to have a TV. Your mustad, Yeah, I must have it just to watch this game.
Speaker 4: That's it. See, don't nobody want to be with you all that sitting over that hug gain nothing.
Speaker 8: You're still no, No, just just ain't really, I'm just gonna watch the game. That's what I want to either that I'll be Steve House one another. It's always, well.
Speaker 4: We got food over here?
Speaker 6: What you got, Well, I gotta have hot dogs, and I got to have hot dogs with stadium mustard. You know that way it puts me kind of make me think I'm down all now, I got to have something crunching.
Speaker 4: I'm not like a nacho dude, because I don't like dipping.
Speaker 6: And then if one chip ain't got no meat on it, then the other chip ain't got no side cream on it. Now, just here chip only got sauce on it. What is we digging around to eat?
Speaker 4: Far? I don't like nacho. I don't like it. Every time I want to nacho, I gotta make it. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you know, I'm more like you know, burgers, and you know Temmy got that chicken winging thing, damn it, gotta have at But cigars is a musk, you know, bucket eyes, and you know it depends on how the game goes.
Speaker 4: Scotch. If it ain't going good, then to kill you if I'm winning.
Speaker 1: Okay, learned something new every day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I don't drink much at all, you know, Like I'm told you someone that I've never had two drinks in a row.
Speaker 4: I've never rud but I've never been drunk. So I just I don't drink like that. That's a good thing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, guys.
Speaker 9: Good coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, We're gonna check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 7: Right after this, you're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 9: It is time now to check Steve's voicemail and if you would like to leave Steve a message, call him at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, you might just hear your call in the air, ready, Steve.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, Reggie, good morning to you, Steve Hobby and the whole morning crew.
Speaker 4: My name is Reggie.
Speaker 3: I'm from Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Let's tell your.
Speaker 3: Show every day you and the guys just asked this for Tommy.
Speaker 5: Tommy, you made me miss Steve Hobby's clothing mark with that dumb stuff you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Jodysy is better than the Ijay Brother.
Speaker 3: Anybody would tell you Jodysy cann out. Hold a candle to the Icey Brothers. You want to battle with the Icey brother.
Speaker 5: You put it on the show Ivy Brothers versus Jody hit for hit and see peace out.
Speaker 4: This is Reggie. Bless you guys. Well, I'm gonna let y'all handle rich. I'm gonna let you'll Reggie. That couldn't first of all, uh, it.
Speaker 6: Must be really colder in Miss Minnesota because it's the effect that you're hearing. Great tom Tommy. Tommy was not battling with me about Jodysy. It's Julia's battling with me about Jodysy.
Speaker 4: So please redirect your ain't gonna turn.
Speaker 6: It on Julia, ass because tom alike, Man, I don't even know how you got them computed.
Speaker 4: I'm mad at Tommy if I couldn't even hit the clothes and MA.
Speaker 7: Show the difference between Junior and Tommy's voice really cool.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't have a voice for it this one, Yeah, Thomas boylike you got nephew Tommy and then you got Thomas Miles A.
Speaker 4: Ready for love different people right now? Yes, sir, I don't know the ready for love dude.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 4: This suave? Ask you.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Juniors way, guys, guys, come on, yeah.
Speaker 4: They.
Speaker 1: About it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: This one's from Gina.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 1: Heank this Gina again?
Speaker 7: What the heck is wrong with Junior?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Y'all get him, chick.
Speaker 9: He's having a crisis name talking about the Isley Brothers against joh Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: Wow Ga?
Speaker 4: What wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm having because I said Joe ju Wow, these people out here.
Speaker 4: Really what.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you understand the depth of the statement you made when you said that, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, here we go again. I was fully aware when I said, and if.
Speaker 8: Reggie, if Reggie and Gina feel a way, I respect their opinion.
Speaker 1: Just respect mane.
Speaker 4: That's okay, you know, you know, this is what we're trying to get you to understand.
Speaker 1: You what, this ain't bout opinions about.
Speaker 4: Talking about facts.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about facts though, we're talking about hard cold facts.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 6: Actually you can't say Jody, Jodysy and Isley Brother fact.
Speaker 4: You just can't do it. You know what this is right, Jodasy and against the old Jays. You can't do it. Okay, Well you know what, and that what started this.
Speaker 6: Whole thing over that ignorant asth mark that Jodasy was better than Marvin Gate.
Speaker 12: You can't.
Speaker 9: Well, we have another one, Steve. This is from Terrence. He said you married him and his wife Kimberly take a listen.
Speaker 12: Good morning. My name is Terence Fawn and I had the honor to be married by none other than the mister Steve Harvey on Jane White the thirty of twenty fourteen, me and my lovely wife, and today we're celebrating a tenth anniversary. Through it all, that's al model for this year, through it all, through the thick and the thing. She hung out with me, Man, thucked it out with me and I thank you Steve for marrying us and we're still together to this day. Man, Happy anniversary, Kimberly, I love you.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 6: I got ordained as in Chicago, okay, and so I married some people there.
Speaker 7: He was on the show, do you remember Terrence and Kimberly.
Speaker 4: Of course that was not convincing at all.
Speaker 9: Coming up now, nephew Tommy has to bring phone call for us right after this you're listening hard morning show. Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is it's not my fault he fell in the bushes. Okay, we'll get into that find.
Speaker 1: Out if that's all about.
Speaker 9: In just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's brank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for his and f Well, y'all know what the it is.
Speaker 5: It's eight y'all know, yes, Oh yeah, February the First, y'all understand that black History has officially started.
Speaker 4: You understand it?
Speaker 5: Yes, So you know there's no I mean, you know, in order to jump started, you know, you got to jump started with a prank that's titled black History.
Speaker 4: Black History?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah, Happy Black History Month everybody. It's on this right here. It's called Black History Month, and I think y'all should buckle up a whole on time. You might want to pull over, you might want to pull over, but I need everybody to participate, all right, when we come back and we can see if I can get my coworkers to participate tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Uh in this black history thing. Let's go get Black History Month.
Speaker 3: Hello. Hello, I'm trying to reach James. James Police speaking, Hey James, how you doing? This is Chad Till. I'm calling from the from the job. How are you tonight? I'm going good? How are you? I'm very good, very good, giving you a call. I'm actually the the regional manager over the over your department. Okay, everything's all right. So the day suddenly, I just want to make sure I'm still coming to workm Oh, you're definitely definitely nothing like that. You're definitely coming to work. Now, who's your manager over at your office? Is it Brent bent? Right? Okay, Well, here's what we're doing, man. We're calling everybody in the company first of all today, but more importantly, we're definitely making contact with every African American in the company. And I'm letting you know that we're paying homage and much respect to Black History Month. Outstanding. That's something that we want to definitely let you guys know that's important to us. I think that is outstanding. How can I help? Well, listen, we've got some things that we want to do for tomorrow and that's the reason why you're getting a call today. Are you up for helping us, you know, really really push Black History Month within the company? Chad, I'm a team player. Whatever it takes, let's get it done. Okay, good deal, Good deal. I'll tell you what. Here's what we're going to do. We've got a lot of people that we've given a call to, and everybody's going to play different roles tomorrow at the office. So we wanted to give you a call. Do you mind if you're really the team player that we think you are, and I think you you've already made mentioned that you don't mind doing what it takes. I don't. You're on the right track. Okay, good deal. Here's what we're asking man. We would like for you tomorrow to actually if you could find these type of articles tonight, but if you could wear a burr lap shirt, some cut off pants, and no shoes tomorrow, that would really really help us out on the scene that we're trying to get going for tomorrow. Well wha, well, chat, I think I hurt you, but I'm not sure. Can you please repeat that one more time?
Speaker 4: Leave?
Speaker 3: We want you to wear a burr lap shirt, some cut off pants, and just don't wear any shoes at all. That's the that's the attire that we would like for you to come into the office with tomorrow. Really yeah, yeah, and we're gonna give it a command. Everyone's excited about it, and we would like for you to come in tomorrow. Like I said, we're in chat chat, let me let me, let me, let me give you I mean, since we're gonna.
Speaker 10: Celebrate Black test, and let me give you one fat.
Speaker 3: The year sixteen nineteen was the first African American slaves will arrived in Virginia. Today's Sunday's twenty do you think I like that?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I didn't. I didn't. I didn't exactly hear what you said at the beginning. What did you say they have been over with? Ain't no way in hell often to come into the office.
Speaker 12: With your wife.
Speaker 3: I'ncluse your mind. What is wrong with you? Why you asked me to put on a baseball Who can come in as Jackie Robertson. Why don't ask they put on two piece suit and come in and Derek Holder? What the hell is wrong with y'all? Well, what we want to do here, and I don't want you to get upset about this, James. What we want to do is like you asking me to do to be a slave, Well you know what I will do, But I mean will come up there. I will come up there and uh pretend to be here and do on your That's what I will do, and show you some real black power panther movement on your with you like that, sir, sir? What we want to listen, We're not here to create problems. What we want to do is we want to we want to play a home with a problem on a Sunday. The dress as a slave. That's the problem. That's a big problem. Okay, okay, sir. If we're gonna pay homage to black history, don't you think that all of that is a part of black history. Highlight the positive? Man, How like the positive? You're paying me today to work for you. This ain't no slave free labor. You understand that, No, I completely understand it. But what if we don't have where where it started from? You know, we have to have we have to have all every single area of black history. Don't you think we have to have the beginning, the middle of the ending. Okay, Well, you want to highlight something, to be Frederick Dusts, let me slick my hat back. But see the problem you got him? His father was a white man. See y'all like looking at our women, but y'all don't like uplifting the black man. So how about I do that? Let me be Frederick Jealous. Let's highlight that pass. How about you, Chad, you like black women? I'm here answer the question. I like all. I like all people, sir, And what I'm trying to do is get a great, great environment within their company. And everyone wants is not a greater virus. Now, the majority of the of the Caucasian people are gonna be masters tomorrow. Okay, what did you say masters? Did you gonna say masters? Yes, most of them are gonna be masters tomorrow. I'll be in now with my turnity to master EOC lawsuit on your talk about that, sir? Do you have a problem with us trying to trying to uplift the black community? Do you have a problem with that? Man? You you ain't uplifting the saying you know what I'm gonna do. I'm coming in Tomorrow's Baraco farmer. But you don't like it, do you? But running around he want to get somebody to come in to be a slave, and you fel master, master it master me coming in as a black man like I've been coming into work and like I'm gonna forever come in the work. We're a major former company. And you calling me on a Sunday, which like this why you watching sir? Sir? What we're trying to do is uplift the black community. Sure, we're trying to sing talking about slavery, bump, liftlock and kiss my black that's what you do, sir, I'm trying to What we're trying to do is play a homage to black history, and here you are being negative about the entire entire situation of what we're trying to do. Being a negative I'm being like, man, you I'm coming in at Barack Obama tomorrow, like I said, and I'm gonna have my choes on my tee. Sir, there's the There's one more thing I need to say to you. Okay, there's one more thing. Hey, one moment. I'm sorry you just said all you had to say? What's your name again, Chad, Sir, Chad Billingsley? What here you got to say? Chad? All I wanted to say to you is this, sir, is I am nephew Tommy from the Steve Alby Morning Show. And you just got pranked by your coworker, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Had to be some kind of joke because y'all playing on a Sunday. Man, I'm gonna keep you tomorrow.
Speaker 12: I was worried about my job.
Speaker 3: I was getting ready to come out tomorrow and every white boy I thought looked like a map. And don't let me see a brother dressed like a slave. I was gonna whop him. Oh man, hey man, I got to ask you, man, you got to tell me this what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio station in the land, Man of Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Once again, Happy Black History monk.
Speaker 7: Absolutely we followed the north.
Speaker 4: Now, do I have some team players here?
Speaker 5: You guys know what you're talking about. Junior Tomorrow, I want you with a straung hat on. Okay, what straw hat on Strang had tomorrow? Now call and let me see how I want you. Uh. I want you up, shut up, shut up, and down, but tied up in the front, shut up, shut up it. I want you cooking, Just cook some biscuits. Come in with a great big old thing a biscuits.
Speaker 4: All right, it's you're gonna be Miss Butter's work. You're gonna be Miss Butter. I'm an overseer.
Speaker 1: You ain't working all right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, it's my happy Black History mom.
Speaker 9: We just all month, all month. Strawberry Letter is subject. It's not my fault he fell into the bushes. We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 9: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HAARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 4: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 7: Thank you nephew.
Speaker 9: Subject It is not my fault he fell in the bushes. Dear Stephen Shirley, I am a single mother of a seventeen year old high school senior. I have my daughter when I was forty, and my grandma loves to say that babies are for young people.
Speaker 7: She got that right.
Speaker 9: On Friday night, I went to the movies and my daughter went to the basketball game at her school. Another parent called and said my daughter left the game early and she was wondering if everything was okay. I felt like she was trying to tell me something without telling me something. I could not get my daughter on the phone, so I ended my date early and went home. My daughter's car was at home, but the house was completely dark. As I opened the side door, I heard a commotion inside and I saw a boy dart across my living room and out the window. As he jumped out, he fell into my holly bushes under the window and started hollering. He got all scratched up and he was struggling to get out of the bushes. While I stood there and watched. I told my daughter she'd better not help him. His mom called me an hour later and said, I forced her son to jump into the bushes because I'm so strict that my daughter has to sneak around. I think her son got what he deserved, and as far as I'm concerned, I should have pushed my daughter in the bushes too. Yes, I'm strict, and rightfully so. I'm raising a girl. My daughter is allowed to date, but with my permission. I don't feel badly about what happened to that boy. My grandma said, I need to consider my daughter's feelings.
Speaker 7: Why should I care about my.
Speaker 9: Seventeen year old's feelings when it comes to sneaking boys into my house? Okay, I don't want to saying that you shouldn't care about your daughter's feelings. And you should care about your daughter's feelings. I think you do care about them, because no matter what, she's still your child, and yes, you should be strict but you got to do it with love.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Now, the boy, as long as he didn't get hurt too badly, and you said he didn't, that's the risk he took by coming into your house, and.
Speaker 1: That's what he gets.
Speaker 9: I mean, his wounds will always remind him of this incident, so that could very well stop him for a while. But your daughter is your concern. She disobeyed you, she deceived you, and what she did was really dumb. I know she thought it wasn't at the time, but it was. The problem with some young people these days is that they live in the moment. They don't think things through. It never occurred to them that something could happen and they would get caught. They were just sneaking around, acting grown with no exit plan. So you're right, it's not your fault that he fell. And even though you said you should have pushed your daughter into the bushes too, I mean, really, aren't you glad you didn't do that. I mean she could have gotten seriously hurt. Don't forget Do not forget parents, that we were all young once. We made a lot of ignorance, crazy mistakes. And I'm sure you know your daughter is embarrassed right now and feels terrible about all of this. So you need to send her down and have a talk with her.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 4: I don't give it damn about nobody just left.
Speaker 6: I don't give damn about that seventeen year old boy, black ass in the bushes. I don't care know about this little half in my house talking about she upset with me. I don't give damn what my mama tendap he talk. I know babies is for young people.
Speaker 4: Hell she here now.
Speaker 6: I don't give it damn about the boy and mama calling me talking about if he wasn't so strict, he wouldn't have jumped out the bushy. You lucky his ants ain't get shot. See, it's a whole lot. Could have went way worse than this letter. I don't even know why you got a lot of nerves, lady. You're worrying about the wrong stuff. Pah, can we do another letter?
Speaker 7: No, remember you were well, you.
Speaker 4: Went to the movies. My daughter went to the basketball game.
Speaker 6: Another parent called me and said my daughter left the game early and she was wondering if everything was okay. It felt like she was trying to tell me something without telling me something. I couldn't get my daughter off on the phone, so I ended my date early and I went home. When you call another parent and you tell a parent your daughter left the game early, it's everything okay. And then you call your daughter and you can't get on the phone, I can't imagine. Then that was in the owners door.
Speaker 4: My daughter left the game early, and now I can't get her on the phone. Lorgie.
Speaker 6: Now this woman that got she ended her dating because she concerned. She I mean, she got to go get started, because you know what can happen in these dames. So she went home. Your daughter's car was at home. The house was completely god. I opened the side door, heard the commotion inside, and I saw a boy daughter across my living room and out the window. When you heard the commercial when you open that side door, your daughter said, my mama home. Then his little black ass, Shirley said, didn't have an exit plan or what he got one right away though, I got to get out here no matter what. He the dove his ass out the window and fell in her holly bushes and started hollering, your punk ass. See that doesn't matter with these little soft ass kids. Now he gonna dive out the window, then holler and give away you in the bushes? What is your punk ass hollering for? Did you you thought it was a map gonna be out there? I got heard when you dove out the window. Was you like hoping for the train? I believe, but you may be thinking it was the pool right there? What is you houling for? Because you in the bushes and you done got cut.
Speaker 4: Take it like me?
Speaker 6: You should have been in bushes like but oh no, just like the little punk you in. Now you go out there. He's struggling to get out the bushes while I stood there and watch.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, we've come back this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after today's Strawberry Letters, subject It's not my fault he fell into the bushes.
Speaker 7: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Morning show?
Speaker 9: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is it's not my fault he fell into the bushes.
Speaker 6: Sorry, woman out on a date that had this daughter at forty she's fifty seven now, so I'm assuming the daughter seventeen in high school the mama out on the date.
Speaker 4: She lets her daughter go to the basketball game with some friends.
Speaker 6: One of the parents called her while she on the date and say, baby, your uh obviously she was at the game. She said, your daughter left the game early. Is everything okay? She said, what, my daughter left the game early? So she started calling her daughter's pall. She can't get the doll on the phone. The mama sick. Now she gotta nod hit up pot. She leave her date, jump in her car to go home because she got to find her baby baby that left the game. Now pull up the car in the driveway. The daughter's cars in the driveway. The house dog chillking up side though they she hear a commotion in the house. They heard the side door. The girl say that my mama. The boy run out, dive through a window and falling in the holly bush. His sister ass out the hot punky ass he hurt? What you thought was gonna happen? You jump out the day in window? What is your little tender? As said the bushes hollering for they bushes, they cutting, they scratching.
Speaker 4: They might have some.
Speaker 6: Throngs on them, but you got to stay quiet. Now you go out there. He's struggling to get out the bushes, still whining, and you watch it. This way could have went all wrong because I'd had a two by four and I'd have been beating his that you think it would be.
Speaker 4: Everybody would have been out there holling. He'd have been out there holland ah, a man bush killed the robber. I'd have been whooping his arms with a two by four. See, this could have went really bad.
Speaker 6: Now, and then you told your daughter she better not help him get out the bushes. His mom called me an hour later and said, I forced her son to jump into the bushes because I'm so strict that my daughter has to sneak around me. That's what the other parents say. See you to see what we're up against. His parents, we who try to be good parents. We got to do battle with the ignorant parents. Now your daughter wrong because you too strict. Don't her Now she got to sneak around? Now that caused my boy to jump out the window. Ain't no conversation. This woman happened with her stupid ass son about going over people's house when.
Speaker 4: They ain't home.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, ain't no, Ain't no conversation is, you don't need to be sneaking around with this girl because you could put this girl in an uncompromised situation. She could end up pregnant, ruined her life and can't go to college. And you going off playing basketball or whatever you want to do. Ain't no conversation with the boy about this. You made my son jump into bushes. Now he scarred up? Why was his ass in my house? Because I'm gonna tell you how the conversation with the winter and she'd.
Speaker 4: Called my house, mister Harvey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my son dove out your window because you're so strict with your daughter, Yes, ma'am. And my son fell into bishop bushes and was hollering, why, mister Harvey, did you have to beat him with that stick?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, because I thought he had broke in my house. But har he was in there with your daughter. I didn't see that. I just saw this boy run and dump, jump off the window and into the bushes. But you went outside and deliberately you could see he was a boy. It was dark, it was dark. I thought it was a man. Mister Harvey. You'd involved the calling the ambulance. I said, look, ma'am, I'm a black man in America. Why would I call the police to buy house?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Do you want me and your son to get shot?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 4: You quite a paramedic? Yeah?
Speaker 6: See, that's how the conversation would have went with me, because I'm not caring what you're talking to me about. I should have you shouldn't have been so strict with your daughter, right I think her son got what he deserved. This is what the lady is saying. As far as I'm concerned, I should have pushed my daughter into.
Speaker 4: The bushes too.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm strict and rightfully so. I'm raising the girl. My daughter's allowed to date, but with my permission. I don't feel bad about what happened to that boy. My grandmama said, I need to consider my daughter's feeling Now, this is what I'm confused.
Speaker 4: What is we got to consider the daughter's feelings for me? I'm not understanding that part. What is she mad about?
Speaker 6: I done bought you a car, You done went to the game. You just snuck a boy in my house in one of these bedrooms. If I hadn't came home, ain't no telling how far this would have win. Now he'dn dove out the bushes. Now I'm talking to his mother.
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 6: Why are we talking about her feeling? It's Steve, because I'm gonna tell you what my daddy would have told me. You ain't got no feeling up in here, feeling right?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: You just here.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, Steve.
Speaker 9: Have you ever done anything like that before, stuck in a girl's house when their parents were gone, when you were younger.
Speaker 1: No, you never did that.
Speaker 6: I'm way too old that that that type of thing back in my day would have cast you.
Speaker 3: You like, I.
Speaker 4: Snuck around with some girl, We're gonna be outside behind the crock. I knew.
Speaker 6: I knew not to go in the man's house because see, all the girls I dated had daddy.
Speaker 4: I didn't grow up. You know, everybody on my street, all my friends we had were from two pairing homes.
Speaker 1: Oh great.
Speaker 6: You know I'm from old school, so I was raised by my daddy. You don't go over another man house. I was scared to death because I thought all everybody daddy would like my daddy.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, ten years younger than me. Yeah yeah. And then you know, Tommy, you know how many times has he told you he was stupid?
Speaker 9: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: App Free Never Sounded So Good. You can download it today.
Speaker 9: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, we got Sports Talk.
Speaker 7: With Junior right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 9: What you got, Junior?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if we're gonna be going to the super Bowl. I don't think I'm gonna be able to go down now. You ain't taking me? Ain't I can't go because the ticket prices for the Super Bowl is crazy. On the low end, it's nine thousand, eight hundred dollars. On the high end, it's twelve thousand, two hundred and forty.
Speaker 4: Wait, so nine thousand is way up at the top.
Speaker 1: You at the top of a league. Those please please, I am called the way up there.
Speaker 4: No, no, I can't spend that time from nine thousand.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna know who caught the ball.
Speaker 6: One thousand dollars tickets you also probably about nine thousand feet above sea level tickets.
Speaker 5: And two tickets make eighteen grand We took one one tall.
Speaker 4: You go down to the field, you're gonna have to ski down there.
Speaker 8: I can't spend that type of money, dude, I can't spend that type of money. If I spend that type of money, I have got to be a chief for that day. I'm got to team junior ass number eleven.
Speaker 1: Come on, let'stop boys, Let's get it the game time.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: You are going to have to stop speaking poverty into your life. The super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Who the hell going If we ain't going with you, we can't get in there?
Speaker 7: What should he say, Steve?
Speaker 4: One day, I'm gonna be going to the super Bowl. One day. I ain't gonna miss a single super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not gonna be refereeing up in there with black and white shirt.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go there to foot I'm gonna go there to foot lock and get me one of the uniform.
Speaker 1: And slid the.
Speaker 7: You're not listening to your uncle.
Speaker 1: I got your uncle.
Speaker 4: I'm just what if you're going away? Man, You're gonna do it how you want to do it. You gave yeah, yeah, you got to get tired of Nary.
Speaker 5: But you think we ought to spend eighteen grand and go to the Super Bowl and sit way up in the nod blease section. He's saying, when we could be, when we could be at your house, sitting on your patio with four five barbecue pants and just sit back and all them big fat screens you got.
Speaker 4: Why would we go all the way to Nevada to do that? When we come hang out with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like we tailgate request now we're out here, tail gate.
Speaker 4: Hold up, hold on, hold on, hold on, You're gonna tailgate at.
Speaker 1: My house because it's driveway is like a parking left.
Speaker 5: I mean, so as that part some people that work out, you know, when you pull in, all the people that work out, all they call.
Speaker 4: That'll be about thirty call over you on one side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Right now, you guys have.
Speaker 1: She ain't got no extra table than Gus. You ain't got none.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, a man on social media, Steve needs some advice from you. He's dealing with an intrusive landlord. She's dealing with an intrusive landlord. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Morning show, all right? Steve Michelle on Facebook rights.
Speaker 9: I've been living in my apartment for about six months now, and at least once a month, my landlord will show up unannounced to look around the apartment under the guise of a routine check. I verified that my lease does say this might happen, but it's starting to feel like an invasion of my privacy and now I'm feeling uncomfortable in my own home. So Michelle wants to know how can she address this without risk her lease?
Speaker 6: You say what, well, I mean, you say it's in your lease, You say you signed it, and he gets to walk around and do it what he and put it under the.
Speaker 4: Disguise of a routine check.
Speaker 6: I think you, if you're uncomfortable with that practice, then you should lease a place that doesn't have that practice.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I'm not sure you have any legal rights.
Speaker 6: But the moment you start feeling uncomfortable in your home, that's not a good place to be because that's the one place you want to go and feel safe.
Speaker 4: You want to be able to unlock.
Speaker 6: That door and shut it and go and no matter how bad of a day you have it, the beautiful thing is to be able said I'm going home, and you shut that door and regroup.
Speaker 4: Now if you shut your door and somebody can open it or somebody in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, been all in your draws and stuff, you know, look at it, stuff smelling things, you know, you just don't know. I would you, I would start considering movies looking at another place that doesn't have that policies because people can go in your place when you lease it.
Speaker 4: They have to notify you. That don't notify you and just walk in down. That ain't cool.
Speaker 1: That's great advice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, Michelle, or you could buy you one of those safety locks and when you go out, you just lock your doughknob. It's a metal casing that goes around your doughnob that you have to keep to so when they touch the donob.
Speaker 4: It don't turn it. Okay, Yeah, I used to travel with that when I was out there on the roads.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you know, we stay in condos and comedy clothes and stuff. They give you a condo if you open.
Speaker 4: Up my doors.
Speaker 6: So I put the lock on the outside of the door and shut it. Now you can turn that now, but you just be turning that cyllard that you couldn't turn it. And I don't let people walking. Then I got pop bottles of against the door. I was doing all types of stuff. I travel with pop bot.
Speaker 4: OK, so you were here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, God needs a warner because I cause I was hood ready. You know I wouldn't stand in the best of.
Speaker 4: Places, right, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still a little place.
Speaker 4: Well before your car up to the dough.
Speaker 1: Right, gotcha?
Speaker 6: You come out your front door. You're looking at everybody that has just a ride.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, Steve, we have time for another one. This is from Alicia on Steve Harvey FM. Alicia says, my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and I love him dearly, but he recently confessed that he can't stand my best friend. He thinks she's a bad influence and doesn't respect our relationship. My best friend and I have been friends for almost twenty five years, through thick and thin, and I've been friends and I can't imagine cutting her off. I'm torn between the two most important people in my life. How do I navigate this without losing someone I care about?
Speaker 6: Well, look, I mean, your boyfriend got to understand that that's your relationship with her. He ain't got to like her, He ain't got a relationship with her, but it's something fam him because he don't like her for whatever, the reason to ask you to quit liking when you love her and she been your ride or dying your girl through thinking thing.
Speaker 4: So I think he's gonna have to make an adjustment. Ah, here she come.
Speaker 6: You know I've been in that situation before. I just go in the other room, you know. Yeah, so and so coming over.
Speaker 7: All right, it's cool, come out, Yeah, it's girl.
Speaker 1: Can't No.
Speaker 6: I don't think you can ask this girl to give up her friendship when she been nothing but a friend to her. The fact that you don't like her, think she's a bad influence. You know, because when girls get together they laugh about stuff that we don't know they laugh about. Now you done overheard it that you think it's a bad influence. Oh that's how your girl really feed. They just don't see it around you. You can't stop him relationship.
Speaker 7: You've only known him for a year. All right, Thanks Steve.
Speaker 9: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after.
Speaker 7: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 9: We titled this bit of information The Human Touch okay, the human touch. According to a new study, self checkouts might be bad for business. Researchers found that self checkout stations might be more convenient for customers, but human cashiers might encourage more customer loyalty, especially for large purchases. So while more than one third of store customers use self checkout systems these days, there's still big time value in having a real live person there to help you, especially when customers are dealing with big shopping card stuff like, you know, furniture, whatever it is, big stuff to check out. Yeah, whatever it is, big stuff. That's the only thing that came to mind, right then, furniture. But anyway, here's a question for you guys. Do you use self checkout at all? Or do you have to go through the line with the real cashier.
Speaker 1: With I don't do self checkout. I do it, but I don't like it. No, Yeah, I've done it, but I don't really care.
Speaker 5: I don't like if you got produce, I'm not going over there trying to wait these onions and all these I'm not doing all that, And I like, I want somebody else to bag.
Speaker 4: Hey, what did everybody doing it? Taking?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what though self checkout when I'm with uh Tasha, they like it.
Speaker 7: The kids, Oh, the kids love it.
Speaker 1: I prefer to go to a cashier.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd much rather see a live person.
Speaker 1: If I do self checkout.
Speaker 4: How come ya?
Speaker 1: Don't you don't deduct nothing from the price?
Speaker 8: Don't see, I'm going all the work, right, we don't still charge me full price?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: No point?
Speaker 9: Junior coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rap? Or right after this you're listening Morning show, It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather eat junk food for sixty days or would you rather only eat vegetables for sixty days?
Speaker 4: I'm doing vegetables.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's nice that.
Speaker 4: Would you rather have vegetables or junk food? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sixty days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna be fine, though in sixty.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna eat on it? Sixty first day?
Speaker 4: What we're pulling back?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 9: Would you rather spend every day indoors or would you rather spend every day outdoors?
Speaker 4: Outdoor? Outdoors?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Outdoor?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have the whitest teeth?
Speaker 9: But they're really really crickd Would you rather have the brownest teeth that are really really straight?
Speaker 4: We'll lop it down, sir. I mean those are your.
Speaker 7: Options, Yes, which one white and crooked? Are brown and straight?
Speaker 4: I can't do brown. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that jagged white.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that jagged.
Speaker 7: White, Junior.
Speaker 1: I'm the timmy. It's gonna be a tooth on the other side, is what it's gonna be.
Speaker 7: No, all right, Steve Crooked, he's really thinking.
Speaker 4: Look at him, kind of hard haired, ragged ad mom. I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're so big on teeth on this show.
Speaker 4: What you got, brother? I can't do no family few with brown people. Where's your.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You know I'd be smiling on TV. What I can't do is every time I smile, there's a discussion.
Speaker 1: Did you see what's wrong with this?
Speaker 4: What is so white?
Speaker 1: Bottom row?
Speaker 4: Other family? Other family?
Speaker 6: And I don't wanted to commercial break your girl, b my water and some uh. I use this chapstick called sugar. I put the chapstick on it, then she gave it, gave it back to it.
Speaker 4: I felt like it wasn't no, so I got some more, some more, dude, in the order say damn man, how much you need?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's why the only sung glasses you could wear a blue blocks.
Speaker 1: Shade on the show.
Speaker 4: You can't come get me.
Speaker 9: That's where the eyes comment you and Tommy had earlier this week. If you cut off your eyelids and you'd be looking like me. Remember that.
Speaker 7: I don't forget that one. All right, that's today's round. Would you rather thank you?
Speaker 9: Guys? Coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, it's our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday, Steve. Before we get out of here, we do have a voice, a voicemail call for you. It's from Yasmin out of Canada, Canada. Okay, take a listen.
Speaker 11: Good morning Steve, Good morning family, This is your girl. Yasmin. Colleagues from Toronto, Canada. Loved the show. But yesterday, after I heard Junior's comment about Jodasse and we were talking about Marvin Gaye, I just had to call in today, Julia, what is going only with you? Why are you so bent out of shape? Junior? I don't think I've ever heard you talk like this, behave like this. It sounds like something deeper is going on, Junior. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And don't hate that Marvin Gaye is on top and Jodas be a second. It's like comparing key week to mango. They're both in the fruit category, they're both edible, they're both delicious, but they're two different sounds. Listen to Marvin Gaye's lyrics, Junior. Just do that for one week. Listen to Marvin k only and listen to the lyrics, and I guarantee you after one week, hopefully, and you will understand the significant, the power and the legousness that Marvin Day carries and still carries. So, Junior, what's going on? What's going on? What's going on? I bless you, my brother. I bless you, my brother. I bless you my brother.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Care?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's going on? I tell you, Oh, Junior, you got a lot of people.
Speaker 7: Man, you know you're hurt by that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know, And they came across another country for this.
Speaker 4: Can all had.
Speaker 7: It's a passport.
Speaker 4: I had to show their passport. Can make this statement here? I'm coming Why you're in the countryman, I'm going down here. See junr about this.
Speaker 1: Jodenesy and Marvin Gates take.
Speaker 4: Think we got an issue.
Speaker 9: Even that young that young, new young singer, October London that songs back to your place.
Speaker 1: It's a hit right now, he's.
Speaker 4: What what what? What do you want to say?
Speaker 1: I'm just I just I just can't have an opinion. That's why all I can't do is having an opinion. I didn't come up in Marvin gay era. I came up.
Speaker 4: I didn't come up with Jodys era. But I know Marvin gave better than that. I think Jody's I think Josh is upset that you put them in this mess right here? You talk to why say that?
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna go listen to Marvin Gaye?
Speaker 6: But she said, she said, listen to Marvin gay for a week week? Okay, how many hits he got? We just you can just finish Jodys's whole little collection by this afternoon, all of matter of fact, by the time we get a when we get off the air this morning. Okay, by the time we had lunch at one thirty, you would have been able to listen to every song they had.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what Marvin Gaye album? You want me to listen to?
Speaker 9: Going on.
Speaker 6: Live in London? You can do uh, you can do trouble Man. You could do U versus mess of Me. You could do uh. It's just I don't just look. You could.
Speaker 1: I want what's going on?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Don't matter? His hits is so overwhelmed, and they overwhelmed each other.
Speaker 6: Here's one album, just hit, the album with the Ernie Bonds picture on the front, all in black dancing at the sugar shot.
Speaker 4: Time. I want you just listen to that right there, and we can stop all this conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because I must have heard some people.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna go ahead, yeah and rectify this because you're clearly hurt.
Speaker 4: Is the understatement offended.
Speaker 1: Junior?
Speaker 4: Where every call we just took me the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm in a crisis better than this too, Now, don't forget that to hear you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna bring a track. I'm gonna bring an eight track to your house. And we're gonna sit down and listen to that. You got an eight track, I'm gonna get all that. Yeah, we're gonna stop by the partner shop, get all that.
Speaker 6: This is how you know how legendary Marvin Gaye is.
Speaker 4: Jody said, ain't on eight track?
Speaker 1: Say they don't even have one even on eight track? Right, Yeah, you go right to they songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're comparing the solo singer. It's just different categories. It's kind of like, yeah, I'm comparing Joy to the brother he.
Speaker 6: Did that and the O J's You're right, he stopped there, he went all the way over the cliff, drove his car off the cliff.
Speaker 4: But he's still talking about get out the way.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and listen to the album and lady ahead, see, I'll come back with a different opinion.
Speaker 1: Let me see you will, precious, Yeah, let me come back to something.
Speaker 4: Let me see, well those are our clothes. Remarks that it's all about Junior.
Speaker 1: They all hurt me today.
Speaker 4: As they should because you're offending a lot of people. We'll see them all mass Junior, you don't listen our today, Yes I am.
Speaker 6: I think we'll find out what Junior think tomorrow on the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: That's the only region.
Speaker 9: People gonna be till Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show