Speaker 1: You know, not too long ago, we started doing closure calls on this show, and it quickly became a very very popular segment.
Speaker 2: I know, total did we get text in and they're like, oh my god, you're finally doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find doing something nice for people.
Speaker 3: You need to calm down. I feel like, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one of the most powerful ones was from a listener who confronted their childhood bully to figure out what happened to their decades later. Yeah, so you're going to hear those answers. And then right afterwards we actually have an update. Oh, six months after we did the call, we reached back out to find out what happened. Since we recorded this earlier, we were all surprised at what has happened. You're gonna hear it when we do a closure call update. Next it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and this segment is our way for us to feel better and for Brooke to not give her hard earned money to.
Speaker 3: Those less fortunate.
Speaker 1: This is why it's our own free version of charity called closure call.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're calling our listeners in our charity cases.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's a little more of a serious segment where we help one of our listeners get some much needed answers about a weird situation from their past that they're not able to gather on their lines.
Speaker 3: And we've done these a couple of times now and they they're a lot.
Speaker 1: They're emotional, right, And this time a woman named Catherine wanted our help. So Catherine, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi guys.
Speaker 3: Hey Catherine, you sound cheery, which is a good start.
Speaker 4: I may sound cheery right now, but I may get a little emotional. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay, no apologies.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to all the closure stuff, first, tell us a little bit about yourself, like who are you?
Speaker 4: Well again, I'm Catherine. I am in my late twenties. I don't want to say how late, because it's really close to thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's such a terrible shut up, Katherine. No, I'm sorry, sorry, Catherine.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's going on in your late twenties?
Speaker 4: Well, I have a boyfriend. He's been my boyfriend for the last three years. Yeah, he's awesome. I'm a consultant for retail chain and cool. I mean that's about it.
Speaker 3: Are you itching for him to propose.
Speaker 4: Oh he's better. He you know, this is three years going on four, so okay, show year four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And who is the person from your past that you need to get closure from. What's their name?
Speaker 4: Well, her name is Harry and we went to middle school together.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay, I mean is this are you talking about your middle school past right now? Or were you friends with her since middle school?
Speaker 4: Well, we weren't friends. She actually used to bully me. Oh wow, yeah, yeah, we called her scary Terry.
Speaker 3: Wait, who is bullying? Who here again?
Speaker 4: Catherine? And she she was like really bigger than us, and she used to like push me in the hallway and make fun of me, especially my chest. I mean, in little school, I felt like we were all, you know, tiny, but she called me staying ray.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cute.
Speaker 5: It makes you feel better. It took me a while to get my cleavage in.
Speaker 2: And now, I mean, was it something where like really affected your life in junior high?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, of course it made me sound conscious. But the worst thing that she did was one night we were all at a basketball game and she like knuck up behind me and cut a big chunk of my hair out.
Speaker 2: Whoa dude, what happened next?
Speaker 4: She got in trouble, of course, and whatever.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: But then shortly after that, she stole my favorite rainbow, Like that was my favorite.
Speaker 2: Hair. This woman, it was just out to make your life hell when you were in junior high.
Speaker 4: They really did. I love that chin. Everybody know. I loved that chen, and she took it, and of course, I you know, I went to the vice principal and I told the principal what she did. And that sounds teddy, but she's lucky. I didn't tell about all the other stuff she did. I mean beating up other kids. Yeah, nasty stuff, pushing and shoving and calling names, and she did a lot of crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean now that you're older, like, do you have a different view of it? You know? Like maybe she was going through some stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was making a project and she needed hair for her do.
Speaker 3: That's not really what I meant. And then she had.
Speaker 2: Her own like struggles that she obviously couldn't deal with, so she was taking them out on other people, right like that what happens, don't know?
Speaker 4: I guess my main issue is once I told on her, she denied and denied that she didn't have my pen. Of course, they did a locker check right to her locker. They didn't find my pen, but they found drug out beer.
Speaker 3: Whoa, she was the cool kid? Oh my god? Middle school? Did she get expelled?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she got to spend there and she never came back to school.
Speaker 3: She should No, I don't know. What do you feel now? I mean I would almost have this like guilt.
Speaker 4: I do have guilt because I later found out that she went to Judie O the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jo went to a private school, so he doesn't quite understand what you went through.
Speaker 1: It sounds the rainbow pen, all right. I mean that must make you feel a little bit guilty.
Speaker 4: Then I feel totally responsible. Like I even tried to look her up on Facebook and you know nothing, She hasn't posted anything since twenty thirteen, Just like, yeah, a pickup truck in her cat And I'm just like, gosh, should I ruin her life over before?
Speaker 3: I don't know she owns a pickup truck? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Does anybody feel like she's being mean to people? She's bullying, she's hading drugs. I guess I know you were the one that kind of snitched, But didn't she have this coming like, yeah, like it's your fault.
Speaker 2: I agree with Jose that it's not your fault, but I also can see where you would feel guilty because I knew.
Speaker 3: People in my junior high that were like this in my middle school again on them. I didn't tell on it because they never picked on me specifically.
Speaker 2: But if I was getting bullied by them, like it's hard, it's a hard light because they had terrible family lives, I mean terrible.
Speaker 1: A lot of bullies do act out because they have a difficult time at home and you're dealing with trauma in some sort of way, and it's their only outlet. So Catherine, when you reached out to us about a month ago, what were you hoping to get?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I guess I just want to find her, reach out to her, apologize, I guess, or try to make amends. I don't know what to do. I mean, are you.
Speaker 2: Sure, because you know some people don't change much. She may still be really angry with you.
Speaker 1: And that's that's what this whole thing was about, is Catherine wanted to reach out to Terry to apologize for sending her down the path that she went on again, not really her fault. But Catherine is the one that sort of the catalyst. Yeah, brought it all to a point and see if she can forgive you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really would feel better if she would understand my point of view, like it kind of just served me that she bullied me and it made me have low self esteem. And I didn't mean for her to get arrested and go to Julie and get suspended. I just thought that she would give me my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, to be honest, it could be some closure for her too, because she's bullying you. Maybe she has that on her conscious all these years.
Speaker 1: To help a lot of people, not just Brooke today. So Catherine know how this works. We reached out already to Terry for you and asked if she'd be willing to answer a few questions and then we could read her answers over the air to you. I have to ask, was it.
Speaker 5: A penitentiary that you had to email?
Speaker 1: No, it was not. We just reached out to her and Terry responded with two words. Do you want to guess what two words? Catherine?
Speaker 3: Can we say him on the road? She said, of course, Oh wow, that was a nice surprise.
Speaker 1: I was going to put the f somewhere else, but we'll hear what your middle school bully has to say. You accidentally sent her to Juvie all those years ago. We'll get you your closure call coming up next.
Speaker 2: All right, you're in the middle of a closure call, but we're getting an update on the situation right after you.
Speaker 3: Hear part two.
Speaker 1: The middle school bullies that you see in the movies, they're always the same type, you know. Spiky hair, yeah, spiky collar, spiky leather jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black lipstick too.
Speaker 1: The name's usually spiked totally. So it made me feel better that we reached out to a bully named Scary Terry instead. It seems a little bit more reasonable, less intimidating, at least for me, and especially now that it's fifteen years since this all went down. That was the last time our listener Catherine talked to her middle school bully when she accused her of stealing her favorite rainbow pen.
Speaker 2: We all know exactly the one that she's talking about too. It's the one where you can change the ink right.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, we were talking about it off so clicked.
Speaker 1: Down red Catherine Blue. Is that the one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that accusation led to a locker check where they found illicit substances inside Terry's locker, so she got expelled and eventually sent to Juvie. So here we are now.
Speaker 3: Okay, you always say that with such a smile on your face. Okay, all right, I'll do it sad. So here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Catherine still feels guilty about everything that went down, and she's hoping to get some closure today. Catherine, how are you feeling before we do this?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I have so much anxiety right now, like I'm literally shaky. My nerves are just okay, scary.
Speaker 1: Terry has some stuff in her locker for you that could help.
Speaker 3: I do think a deep breath would probably be good.
Speaker 1: Here are the questions that we sent to Terry. Catherine and our producer worked on these together. So question one says, I know we haven't spoken since middle school. I feel horrible about how everything happened in that day. I would love to know what's gone on with you since then. Okay, and so Terry responded, are you ready for this? Catherine?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yeah, I'm ready already.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard of it. Okay, this is hard.
Speaker 1: She says, after some rat went and narked on me, I got sent to Juvie for a few months. To be real, though, anything was better than being at home with my abusive step down. I'm gonna Catherine, did you know about that? Did you know her situation?
Speaker 4: I mean no, not at all. Oh my god, I feel even worse.
Speaker 1: She keeps going. She says, after Juvie, I decided to go to Puerto Rico to live with my grandma. Okay, I finished up school there and ended up getting into college and got a degree in tourism.
Speaker 2: Jude, I want to take a scary Terry tour.
Speaker 3: I am so proud of her houses, she says.
Speaker 1: Now I'm assistant manager at a resort here, you know, because I'm such a people person, and she put winky tongue out emoji. Catherine, how do how do you feel hearing that?
Speaker 4: I feel much better?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, for Terry, She's only assistant manager at that resort.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Good for Terry. I mean that's just so hopeful. You know, you can get from such a dark place and turn it back around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was actually pretty positive. Let's go on to question two. It said I'm sorry you were sent to Juvie. That was never my intention. Could you ever forgive me? Oh? Okay, So here we're asking for forgiveness Catherine, and she said, yeah, I forgive you.
Speaker 4: Oh awesome, I feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on until I read this next sentence. I definitely hated you for a.
Speaker 3: Few years check out.
Speaker 1: At one point I even visited town and was planning to beat the crap out of you.
Speaker 3: With them at the mall.
Speaker 1: It always goes down, but she says, I didn't want to go back to detention. I've grown since then, and I understand it was probably what I needed at the time. The real question is do you forgive me? Catherine? Okay, this is the first time call somebody's asked a question back.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Catherine, Can you forgive her for the years of bullying?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I mean I've grown into a better person. I think that it made me stronger.
Speaker 3: That is really awesome, Catherine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this is good because Terry did request that we send her the podcast once it was done, which you can find at Brook and Jeffrey all over the country wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: And hey, Terry, if you're listening, you do you? We're so proud of Yeah, you're not staring any work. I mean, seriously, it's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go to this lover I love. Let's go to question three.
Speaker 1: Catherine to know would you ever consider meeting for drinks? So I could say I'm sorry in person?
Speaker 3: Do you really want to mix alcohol?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: We always send these before, like, we send them all in one big mask, so we don't know all the answers. And Terry responded, right now, I'm not allowed to go back into the US for other reasons. Don't ask. But nah, we can do a zoom chat though, if you want. And she left her zoom handle, Catherine, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: We can do that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 2: May get like a free room down in some port.
Speaker 3: We're good at her life.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just go fourth, and maybe the most important question that we sent. Do you still have my pen? We want to know we sent it. We're asking about the rainbow pen that she's supposedly all those years started all this.
Speaker 2: Catherine, you sure you didn't find it in the coat pocket later after you've read.
Speaker 4: Her I'm quite sure. I look at that pants for so long?
Speaker 1: All right, she says, She replied, Oh my god, I never took your stupid pen. Why would I want that? I told you your bff Crystal did it in history class.
Speaker 2: So for oh my god, what you went after Scary Terry when it was Crystal the whole time that.
Speaker 4: I'm literally in shock, like I have literally no word that I've Oh my god, do you want to do.
Speaker 1: A closure called the Crystal after that? Find out where your pen is?
Speaker 3: You defriend her? She's done, she likes.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is, yeah, Crystal and I haven't been friends for years because of something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a liar. Stapped you with a rainbow pen in the back.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're still cool with Scary Terry.
Speaker 3: I love Terry?
Speaker 1: Okay, Anti christ Now, yeah, so those are Anthony Crystal. Do you feel a little bit better? You feel like you got a little bit of closure after hearing all that.
Speaker 4: I definitely got closure. I'm so happy that she forgave me that she's doing well in life, and now I know she doesn't steal my pen, and I'm glad and I'm not friends with Cristal anymore.
Speaker 3: And you got to tell her that on your zoom call. That'll be so fun. You are going to be friends.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I'll forward you the zoom handle that she sent to us so that you guys can talk. But remember, if you're ever interested in making a closure call yourself to get a little peace of mind, you can email the show or hit up our social media at Brook and Jeffrey and we can attempt to get you some closure Brook.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: So we did that closure call with Catherine a little while back, and now she's back on the line to give us an update. Catherine, last week left it you were going to do a zoom call with Scary Terry and reconnect. Did you actually do that?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did. We reconnected.
Speaker 3: Tell me that it went well. What happened At first?
Speaker 4: It was a little awkward. I will admit it was a little awkward because she brought out the rainbow pen and was like, hey, I have this and if you want it, you have to fight me for it.
Speaker 3: She said that your best friend Crystal took it right.
Speaker 1: She love it was a joke.
Speaker 4: I think it was a joke. Okay, wait a minute, it was breaking the ice and.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: So what does that mean? Did you guys just chat the ones?
Speaker 4: No, we actually had it a few times and she invited me out to her hotel and gave me a week safe for free.
Speaker 3: That's Terry.
Speaker 1: You said you would only accept though, if you got to bring the entire morning show with you, since you're the ones who reconnected.
Speaker 4: Exactly what I said?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Perfect, all right? So Brook needs a villa with an ocean and a shirtless bell boy who's quote willing to please.
Speaker 3: I don't need it, but if she has that to offer, I would take it. Yeah. Are you going?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go visit and hang out with Terry?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Sounds like we actually got some closure for you. I wonder if our I wonder if our listeners feel like they got closure on this though text in a seven eighty five nine two. Should we do more of these updates on the closure calls? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Family, God, I just want her vacation picks sent to us.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna make us jealousy. But remember, if you need to get some closure in your life, email the show or you can contact us on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey to get yourself a future closure call. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.