Speaker 1: Breakfast clubs, very very very very pleas. You guys are changing the entire scenic culture way.
Speaker 2: Y'all came along.
Speaker 1: Wait, they might not watch the news, but you know they're listening to the breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club to.
Speaker 2: J y Envy just hilarious and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 4: Y'all are like a lingo force presence club.
Speaker 2: That's how we got They started like yours is more in the time. The practice club is on.
Speaker 5: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Just just hilarious. What's up?
Speaker 7: Charlamagne the guy he's did the planning, It is my dad.
Speaker 1: What is up ya?
Speaker 8: Big Jeff Money, the little one that just hilarious. Official era has started right and.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying to get my stuff together right now.
Speaker 1: I'm come in and what's up? What's up? Y'all? Come on? They won't blog in, hold on, drop on the clues, bump and just hilarious. We get our right, giving me all the way together.
Speaker 9: First, stay here because you know I can't I can't wish to hate something. What's upt I don't know?
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello, can we don't turned up too loud?
Speaker 1: That's all you have to do. Come on, don't tell me all I had to do. Y'all do it first on hellou? Hell you good? He still man? Maybe they did? Who gave you those headphones? I don't know.
Speaker 4: The better be racons down like that?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, my god, get Jesse, get something, christ y'all say, that's the least after the least y'all could have done. Get us some headphones and the microphone. Y'all worried about balloons, okay, but I do worry about balloons.
Speaker 1: I do love my balloons, though. Don't do that. No, they look beautiful.
Speaker 11: You can't.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: No, you gotta get it some he get us some headphones today. You're about to give her the damn fishing price. My first thought, kid, head past? Exactly what that is? Okay, that's what jests?
Speaker 1: What there we go? Good morning, Jess. How you feeling? Good morning?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling good. I am tired, but I am I'm good.
Speaker 1: You're good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That'm built for this? What's up here?
Speaker 10: How was the weekend?
Speaker 1: The weekend was good.
Speaker 9: I got a lot done. I actually just took all weekend and prepared for this. You know what I'm saying, because you know I can read and everything now, So.
Speaker 8: You first day of the rest of your life, or at least for the next Thursday, having many years of the contract.
Speaker 1: For however long it's gonna be, this is the first.
Speaker 7: Day, right, Yeah, Well, let's get the show crack. We got a lot to talk about today. Testing figure has front page news.
Speaker 10: Of course.
Speaker 1: The Grammys were last.
Speaker 7: Night, a lot to discuss and can we we got some killer We started to show some killing.
Speaker 8: We're gonna start the show with some killer Mike. Killer Mike had a clean sweep last night at the Grammys. Killer Mike was nominated for Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance, and Best Rob Money Best won every single one of them. They didn't tell the by not near one of them, which is not I don't know how we got to that point. I don't know how we got to the point where we don't tell about the Hip Hop Awards no more. Oh, you got your fresh hairline painted off for just this morning.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. You think you did?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 1: Just looks very obvious.
Speaker 8: You that looks very obvious.
Speaker 1: God I'm cute. No, let's get this show started. He's killing Mike New Killer Mike Off.
Speaker 8: The Michael Deluxe is called Get Some Money Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is c.
Speaker 7: N J, M V Jess, hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast club Sir Luthor Killer Mike Clean sweeping the Grammys last night.
Speaker 8: He won all three Grammys. He was nominated for Dead and then got arrested shortly after. That's the life of a black man in America, hides and lows.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but we're gonna focus on the highs.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Tess, Good morning, Good morning Queen.
Speaker 13: Let me say to the Queen of the Breakfast Club first, just hilarious, DJ n B Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 7: I just want to tell everybody, all the soccer fans, that the FIFA World Cup will be in New York, New Jersey in twenty twenty six. Everybody thought it was going to Dallas, but New York and New Jersey pulled it off.
Speaker 1: So twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Six, the FIFA will be played at MetLife Stadium, and that's super huge for the city.
Speaker 10: All right, Now, what we got chis where we starting.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 13: First, I just want to give my personal shout out to Killer Mike. I know we all doing it this morning, but I was there when he was interviewed for the Grammys, when they came in Dallas and met with him.
Speaker 4: So I'm very very excited.
Speaker 13: I was in tears last night, so Crengratulations to him again. Now, President Joe Biden, he won ninety six percent of the vote in South Carolina.
Speaker 14: Take a listen in the first official contests of the Democratic presidential primary season. President Biden getting his first victory in South Carolina. Biden posted a video Saturday night on x following his projected win, thanking voters for their support.
Speaker 1: South carolinary did it again. Did it for me again?
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you, thank you twenty twenty and now again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go win the whole thing. Let's ball.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 13: Arthur Mary Ann Williamson. She came in second place with two point one percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: US Rep.
Speaker 13: Dean Phillips received one point seven of the vote. Now, despite Phillips lost, Dean Phillips did say he's not leaving the race. He said on Twitter, cracking four digits never felt so good. Congratulations mister President on a good old fashioned whooping.
Speaker 4: See you in Michigan.
Speaker 13: So with that saving, it appears that Dean will be skipping Nevada because actually the next primary is February sixth in Nevada and then February twenty seventh in Michigan.
Speaker 1: No surprise that President Biden one South Carolina.
Speaker 8: I mean, those o g's in my beautiful home state of South Carolina gonna always rive with Biden. I wonder if that's a snapshot of things to come, or we go somewhere like Michigan and get it rude awakening.
Speaker 13: I think when it goes to Michigan, Charlemane is a good point because of all of the activists that are actively running campaigns against Joe Biden due to everything cabining in the Middle week in the Middle East, you will get a snapshot to see, you know, what it looked like. But when you're not, when nobody else is on the ballot and it's just one person, you know, how can you really, you know, make that determination. But I do think Michigan is definitely going to show how people feel as far as the war is concerned. And we have to look at that and say, what is that going to look like in the general election when he's up against Trump?
Speaker 7: Right, we got time for another one. You wanna talk about the gas prices?
Speaker 13: Yeah, just quickly as the Midwest families they're riding their cars this morning, wanted to give at least some good news on the economy.
Speaker 4: There is a quick update on gas.
Speaker 13: According to the US Energy Information Administration, regional prices failed this week. So the average is two dollars and eighty seven cents for regular fuel.
Speaker 4: Last week it was two eighty nine.
Speaker 13: So this tally is based upon Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. So hopefully that can spread around the country. You know, a lot of us were concerned about how is the war gonna affect gas prices? So I thought this was some good news to see that the price of gas is going down, hopefully to stay that way.
Speaker 1: Are they going in? Our reserves? Were still getting getting barrels from overseas? Do we know?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I want to guess and just you know, throw anything out there.
Speaker 13: But obviously anytime, you know, there's a war going on in the Middle East, that's something to be looked at. That's why I thought this story was really interesting, that the price of gas is going down.
Speaker 8: So you know, when you was born in the nineteen hundreds, like we were nineteen hundred and seventy eight, For myself, gas always seemed too high.
Speaker 1: When you remember gas being a dollar, Yes, you don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I don't.
Speaker 8: When gas was a dollar, you always remember that, So gas always seemed too high.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I thought they said that, you know, especially since Biden is running, you take from the reserves to keep gas prices down, so it looks like, you know, he's keeping the gas prices down, so people, you know, put him in a positive light when it comes to gas prices.
Speaker 1: So they usually go to the reserves.
Speaker 10: To make sure the gas prices stay low during especially during the election.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, well that's smart. If they're doing that, didn't been good.
Speaker 13: Bring bring it on down, man, whatever's going to help the family try to reduce some of that price.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was just goods.
Speaker 10: All right, Well that is front page news. What are we talking next hour.
Speaker 4: Oh man, come back in next hour.
Speaker 13: New New York Police chief said it's time for officers to get back to being police officers and stop acting like the hip hop department.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Hell Then we're gonna talk to hell me.
Speaker 13: They'll talk about the dress code, sad y'all to hip hop, these long nails, we'll talk about it. And then also, yes, I know Jess just gonna say, so you're going He's coming after everybody with long nails.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it.
Speaker 13: And also we're gonna talk about NYC launching the prepaid credit cards for migrant families.
Speaker 4: So there was a lot of talk about that over the weekend.
Speaker 13: I know fifty cent made a post about a summer running details down on that as well.
Speaker 7: All right, get it off your chest eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open again eight undrink five eight five one oh five to one in justice.
Speaker 10: Hell I am mister Breakfast loganmore.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: For days.
Speaker 1: If you're time to get it.
Speaker 17: Off your chest, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred and five eight five one O five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this? Yo?
Speaker 18: This Chris from Folk County, Florida.
Speaker 1: Chris from Florida, what up? Getting off your chest?
Speaker 19: Bro?
Speaker 18: Hey man? I want to say congratulations to just you know what I'm saying, welcome for the club? Yeah, yeah, I gotta keep it really now. I wasn't going for you at first, but we ain't as you are on me.
Speaker 12: I like you now. I like you now.
Speaker 18: You know what I'm saying, y'all good? I like that going though.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chris.
Speaker 20: Keep it real.
Speaker 9: You gotta keep it real, yeah you sometimes you do, but you know, I don't give a damn which you didn't like before as long as you like me now. And sometimes you just don't. Got to say how you felt before if you feel a different way.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm a good one, Christ But no, all right, that's crazy. Chris is usually love you. Bye?
Speaker 12: Hello girl morning Bakfast Club.
Speaker 21: What's up?
Speaker 12: DJ Charlotte Mane.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Honey? How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 20: Good morning?
Speaker 12: This Casion from Detroit, jes. I was just Calmer. I wanted to say to you. My great grandma used to tell me you could be anything you want to be in life, as long as you put your mind to it. And I want you to know that I see so much success to you. That hilarious. I wish you the best. I'm glad I was able to talk to you on your birth day that you're really making it. I see so much more for you, and God bless you.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much, baby.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that you're just getting started a good one, just hilarious, superstuff.
Speaker 22: Hello, Oh my gosh, good morning.
Speaker 18: It's justling.
Speaker 22: Oh my, I can't believe I'm talking to y'all. I've been listening forever, crazy happy black his stream monk. Okay, So I just wanted to tell you guys, it's been bothering me for a while. And congratulations Jess, and so happy to have you. But I just want y'all know, Jess, are you in that white chair that y'all had at the promo?
Speaker 3: I am okay, it's lovely.
Speaker 22: We love to see the queen ish, But are y'all familiar with ergonomically uh safe chairs? Do y'all get those types of training.
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, absolutely so, just because you guys are employees, they need to be giving you guys safe chance for your backs.
Speaker 3: And I'm sole, Charlotte.
Speaker 22: I'm really worried about you because I know how you're back and next the you know, feeling real hot. Sometimes gotta get that ice cat. But I just want you to know, Yeah, I just want you to know that these chance they look cute, but they're not going to be good for the long run. And we want y'all to be in these chairs doing y'all think, giving us the news, especially bringing that black life to the forefront. So yeah, I just want you all to get some good chance for your back. You know, no I do.
Speaker 3: I am the.
Speaker 22: Safety officer at my job. But it's just I'm to be concerned about I'd be working at home a lot. My necky, all that stuff up and they got to get massages and they talk about how bad my neck is up. I was just thinking about that for it's been on my mind for.
Speaker 8: A while, been hurting a lot more the last few months.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean, get Kevin, Kevin Hart chest. This was some good of chest.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, well, thank you mama.
Speaker 16: That you.
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this your boy? Love me from the bra burning Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Love you get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I just want to walk on my girl chest and telling me chess awaker and do a couple of dinner with her.
Speaker 9: Oh, bro, you don't really go out with with with with tes test man, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're in an open relationship. I need to respect that.
Speaker 1: You got it, you know?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah she knows. She tapped there, She tapped there.
Speaker 1: She said, the relationship close. Now what she said, love you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No man, no, no shut man.
Speaker 12: Let me let me talk to my wiskey. Man, let me handle this.
Speaker 1: He said, what his whiskey? They said, you're Wendy. I like what, Jonathan? Want to correct? You want a windy? Ya thought? He said, Wendy, Hello.
Speaker 20: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: Lawns from New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Lawns from New Jersey.
Speaker 10: But bro get it up your chest man, Yo shore A, Mike.
Speaker 12: Alphum.
Speaker 8: Yes, I've been telling y' all that since the album came out. I told y'all he was gonna win Rap album but he had the Grammy.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but I didn't know what.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what album came out.
Speaker 1: That's your fault.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but that's everybody's fault.
Speaker 23: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody is shocked that he got Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: I got I been. I've been on his radio saying that for months since it came up.
Speaker 3: Why why would he get an album up the year?
Speaker 9: Listen to his album, son, I think what he's trying to say is the promotion wasn't really there for it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not I'm not trying to say that. I'm saying I heard the album and it sounds like a bunch of appreciation and I don't like that.
Speaker 12: I don't want to be I want to dance.
Speaker 3: I want to have some fun. I don't want to hear over that Martin Luther King's stuff.
Speaker 8: It's not full of the Martin Luther King's But listen, what album should have got Rap Album of the Year?
Speaker 20: And to you, I can't think off my head, but I know I know that's a lot of rappers.
Speaker 12: I'll take some young chinch out there. They should have got Album of the year.
Speaker 1: Wow, this nobody takes serious. He's just following what people saying. One. Yeah, no, I'm not heard.
Speaker 21: I'm not a problem with you never heard album.
Speaker 8: You never heard the album, and you don't know any other album that should have got Album of the Year. He loved to talk about problems but never have solutions.
Speaker 12: Well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wasn't a color bob.
Speaker 8: Now that's a whole different conversation. I see that's a conspiracy we're not talking about. Not only was it not te he got arrested.
Speaker 3: Because that was color bobs.
Speaker 12: People going who's dead?
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Listen because my son, my son is thirteen. He was like, who's dead?
Speaker 9: Every son is thirteen? Though that's thirteen? My son said, who's that too?
Speaker 6: Kids?
Speaker 1: They don't know, sir, bro, That son doesn't know killer Mikey, do you have.
Speaker 7: Any white people performed at the Grammy that? I said, who's that? And I'm growing ass.
Speaker 3: Who one white person last night?
Speaker 12: But you didn't know.
Speaker 1: Exactly a lot of them.
Speaker 8: But I tell you what to say, I'll tell you some songs. That Miley Cyraens song that kept winning. I ain't never heard that song in my last time.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I heard it this morning.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I've never heard the song ever in a year. Taylor Swift and Scissors. I ain't here no conversations about no Miley s Iris.
Speaker 2: So many award last.
Speaker 1: Night the Billy Eila saw on the Bobbie soundtrack I never heard, so congrats to Killer Mike.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five.
Speaker 1: When we got the rooms on the way.
Speaker 9: What we're talking about, Jess Man the Grammys. Okay, we're talking about the Grammys.
Speaker 10: Jess hilarious, is here some first day.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, rooms up next the breakfast Club, all.
Speaker 7: Rights last night morning everybody, we are the breakfast Club DJ, and be just hilarious, charlamage the God and let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Grammys.
Speaker 15: Jesus real, the Lord's gonna do is gonna bring numbers on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Last night was the sixty the sixty fifth, sixty sixth seat.
Speaker 4: Y'all know what it is.
Speaker 1: See take them off now you can't read it last.
Speaker 4: Right right, I don't care. I got the job, nigga, I'm good.
Speaker 9: Last night was the sixth He's sixth annual Grammy Awards in La. Shout out to Trevor Noah, he hosted the ceremony. That was great Killing Mike won all three of the awards. He was nominated for Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Album, and Best Rap Song. I love that he did his acceptance speech play that from you Red.
Speaker 3: I'm a black man in America and as a kid, I had a.
Speaker 24: Dream to become a part of music, and that nine year old is excitedly.
Speaker 20: Dancing in front inside of me right now.
Speaker 2: I'm wanna thank Loma Vista.
Speaker 1: Adam, Tom, Todd, Ryan, all of you guys. I want to thank my.
Speaker 24: Management talking to my manager Will is Active, but thank my Aar and R cous light Year.
Speaker 2: I want to thank.
Speaker 24: Everyone who dares to believe that art can change the world. So thank Dray, thank Future, thank Aaron, thank all the producers on here, but.
Speaker 1: Everyone in this room.
Speaker 24: It is our responsibility to keep using our imagination to shape and said the gun.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and I hope it's not the last time I see you. Tonight.
Speaker 8: Don't tell me Killer Mike sit in the one Rap album of the year if you didn't hear it, because I've been telling y'all for months.
Speaker 1: Did she want a Grammy for Rap album?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dope, dope, dope dope.
Speaker 4: I really do believe that. I believe that he won fair. But that's good.
Speaker 9: All three wins three. Like you know, they shoved it up and did his big one.
Speaker 7: And before anybody says, like Charlamage said that he doesn't deserve it, you should listen to the house, don't listen to the amazing album.
Speaker 4: Something that happened interesting last night.
Speaker 9: The Recording Academy social media team mistakenly announced Barbie World by Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice as the winner for the.
Speaker 4: Best Rap Song.
Speaker 9: Uh that that that was crazy because they said that they won, then they took it back. The fans accused the Recording Academy of purposely targeting Nicki Uh and believe the false announcement wasn't an accident at all. Nicki Minaj has been nominated for twelve Grammy Awards throughout her career, and she never won any. Ice Spice has been nominated for four and she also never won.
Speaker 8: I think people who are in charge of the digital portions of these award shows, I think they do stuff like that engagement. Think so come on, agreed to the mistake. Yeah, but that did that because you know everybody was gonna start tweeting. You know, everybody was gonna start adding, y'all. I really think they do that engage because we look at these agorithms. Ain't nobody looking to see what what what is trending for or what the engagement is about. They just know that they got man engagement.
Speaker 9: And then also following just the beef between her and Megan last week, I think that they waited for the right time to do something like this too, like you know, and then the fact that she's been talking about this figure is like she she always talks about how she always feels snubbed by or it is fixed or you know, it's like you know, so that's why a lot of people feel they shouldn't even be validated by the Grammys anyway. You know, that plays to what I believe Jay Z was speaking on as well. Jay Z won the Doctor Dre Global Impact Award Drop one of the clues bonds for Jay and he also spoke on Beyonce never winning the Best Album, along with a couple other things.
Speaker 5: Play that for me read I don't want to embarrass this young lady, but she has more Grammys than everyone and never one album of the year. So even by your own metrics, that doesn't work. Think about that, the most Grammys, never one album of the year.
Speaker 1: That doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Some of you gonna go home tonight and feel like you've been robbed. Some of you may get rob some of you don't belong in the category.
Speaker 2: No, no, When I get nervous, I tell the truth.
Speaker 5: But outside of that, outside of that, you know, we gotta keep showing up and forget the Grammys for a second.
Speaker 1: Just in life. You got to keep showing up until they.
Speaker 5: Give you all those accolades you feel you deserve, until they call you chairman, until they call you a genius, until they call you the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: You feel me. That was a double one time.
Speaker 8: By the way, when he said, oh, you may get robbed, Yeah, because you may get rob by the Grammys, but it's still la too.
Speaker 1: You may get robbed later on driving home. Yeah, but what Jay said is right.
Speaker 7: A lot of people in the comments saying, well, you know, Beyonce can have amazing songs, but maybe her body of work wasn't at par, but her body of works were dope, like her albums were dope. And this is a couple of times I felt like she could have won.
Speaker 1: But Lemonade, she should have definitely won that year. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 9: And I also feel like she she should have won Renaissance. I mean, like Beyonce is one of the who still puts her focus on creating bodies of work, not just singles and not just something like she has no skip albums for years, so I mean like she definitely she works on her craft. She loves what she does. And I like that he actually played to that too. You know, even somebody with the most Grammys still didn't win the category that they thought that they should have won it.
Speaker 8: And I wanted hod to go further too, But I feel like Hole didn't go further because he realized in that moment, I'm accepting an award that's named after doctor Dre so I don't want to step on that. Because he talked about how they didn't televise the Grammys with Jazzy Jeffery Fresh, Prince Back in the day eighty eight, they didn't televise it in ninety eight when he won.
Speaker 1: They didn't televise it this year either. Yeah, like they didn't.
Speaker 8: Tell about it this year when Killer Mike swept swept the Grammys. So how we made all this progress over the years only to go back to doing what caused us to boycotch you all in the first place.
Speaker 7: But let me ask you, Let me ask you a question, and maybe we could talk about this later. When do we stop showing up? Like we we say this, and we say it for so much, but we still showed up. Jay's still and Beyonce still showed up. Killer Mike still showed up, still showed up.
Speaker 9: I still think it's some type of hope even with that in the back of his mind, it's still some type of hope for that, not even for the validation point, but just to know that, like I may get this, I may get this, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: That's that's even with even.
Speaker 9: Plans to what he said, still show up, Like look at Killer Mike, like he never won, like you know, all of these years, been doing this thing, got a Grammy before, right, he.
Speaker 1: Wont to gram back in the day with out cast for the whole world.
Speaker 8: But like, I agree with Jeff and I agree with you and be like, you know, we don't need this validation. But the reason I'm happy for Killing Mike is because I know he wanted this ever since he was working on this album and you know, hitting us up like yo, man, you need to come listen to this album, and we listening to it. He was saying, I want to win a Grammy correct for Rap Album of the Year. He was saying this way before y'all even heard his album, way before this album came.
Speaker 1: Out, right, So I'm happy for him because this is what he wanted.
Speaker 7: What he won, right, He won. He swept the Grammy's got it, right, And that's not easy. He sweeping the Gramm. It's the three gram especially for Killer Mike, who's an artist that is not the quote unquote most popular artist in that category.
Speaker 10: But he won because he deserved it.
Speaker 1: They didn't error. He got it, that's right.
Speaker 8: But that's why I say, that's why I wanted j Z to go further, because he brought up the fact that they didn't eritt with Jadie, Jeffy Fresh Prince didn't air with him, and now we're back in twenty twenty four, hip hop as big as it is and y'all not airing the best rap categories?
Speaker 1: Why yeah, So tell me that's not a conspiracy.
Speaker 9: So that would force us to create our own and I'm not talking about the b EC whatever is what I'm saying, But create our own awards for your.
Speaker 7: Two awards, right, it's not our own and nobody goes I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: Jay, but the Grammys them they got all that.
Speaker 9: No, we need more than the BC. It was a shout out to the BC wears. I mean, yeah, that's great, but we need to create our own. Let's Jay, let's create. Let's get some of the most powerful black people and and music and acting and whatever create our own awards. And we had real, real criteria you need to meet. We have real standards, and we got real people getting awards man like for for.
Speaker 1: For their hard work and for who deserves it.
Speaker 4: Let's do that the.
Speaker 1: Hand of Kang we working.
Speaker 7: But will they show up though, that's the thing. Will they show up? Because when it's our awards, we don't show up. J D to thea AC pelwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the BT was yo?
Speaker 9: Anyway, Scissor performed Snooze and Kill Bill and listen. She had one of the best performances. I think she did good. I like how she did her whole like she re enacted her whole video.
Speaker 1: Killed it scissor, Yes, she did.
Speaker 10: She killed it.
Speaker 9: When they first started with what she had had on, she was giving me Jepus creepers vibes. But she definitely killed it when she came out the hat and the girl came up there with the little knife.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that. She should have won Best Album to me, and.
Speaker 1: It's not even close. You should have won Best Album.
Speaker 8: And nothing pisses me off more than when Taylor Swift acts fake surprise.
Speaker 2: About winning award.
Speaker 8: You know, damn well, Taylor Swift, you was gonna win that award. You don't want the roll of them in the row, but she don't want four of the row four times yes, yeah, and stay acting fake surprise like she don't know she's gonna win.
Speaker 7: And now she got a suit up for the super Bowl, so you know, all right, Well that is your rumor report. They can just with the mass So that's just with the masks, Yes, report.
Speaker 4: S sixty six Annual Grammy I.
Speaker 1: Got it right now, back to it.
Speaker 7: I thought I spent on the mic, and let's let's have that conversation when we come back after Front Page News eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. Do you feel like you know we need to stop showing up for the Grammars. We show up and they keep disrespecting us, they keep spitting in our face, but we keep showing up. Let's discuss disrespect. We'll talk about it all right. Front Page News is next at the Breakfast Club for.
Speaker 1: Morning Wake Up, waol, you're like into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Super Bowl fifty eight on CBS screams live on Paramount Plus. It's the Kansas City Chiefs in the San Francisco forty nine ers in one game for n Fell Immortality. Plus don't miss Usher performing the Apple Music Halftime Show Sunday, February eleventh, Fast sixth Eastern, Screaming live on Paramount Plus, w w p.
Speaker 25: R S m h D one, New york iHeartRadio station, every Day Awake, Click yours up, the Breakfast Club on everybody the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: That's only right.
Speaker 8: Yes, we celebrating our good brother Killer Mike All Morning Man. He swept the Grammys last night. Okay, he won Best Rap Album of the Year, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance for Michael. If you haven't heard Michael, go listen to It's okay, so we playing records off.
Speaker 1: Michael all morning. What you want to hear?
Speaker 8: Let's play talking that for all the critics. Okay, all the people that's always want to critique Killer Mike Killer.
Speaker 1: Mike says I'm married a black woman. Most of my critics did not.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Uncle Morning, Good morning everybody at c A n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page. Don't ever forget my name. Excuse me, get your brain right. Okay, warning everybody, It's j M V. Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 13: Test, what's going on? Let me address Jess first, Queen of the Breakfast Club. DJ ME Charlamagne the God, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about this NYPD officers being a hip hop department.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they sick of being a hip hop department. They said they're going back to old school uniforms. The chief of Patrol John Shell said no more beards, no more open collars. He said, we're going back to weather restrictions on nick caps. He also said it is absolutely ludicrous to have an officer with pink hair and nails longer than their fingers. He said, we are a police department, not a hip hop department. It's time to get back to focusing on police. And so they're making sure that the old uniforms are back and we'll see how they roll.
Speaker 4: So I thought about Jess with this, because I know you have some.
Speaker 13: Long nails, you know, But I thought about that, What do you mean hip hop though?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't label it hip hop's white people got loan I do, but I even got pink hair. I definitely agree going back to like the I mean, I don't I agree with that though, going back to the uniforms.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with the pink hair. I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't agree that somebody should come arrest me with the same nails I got. I don't you know, I don't know. I just my idea of a cop is uniformed. Very I don't know about the bears though, why they gotta take the beers from the men.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's be exactly bird, but the open cows and stuff, I don't know. I don't know why a woman.
Speaker 13: Would want I want to so you guys know, I was a security police officer in the military, and having nails is painful, you know, when you're trying to take a man down or anything with that. I don't know why somebody would want long nails, because, yes, you know, once you cut your nail in the middle of breaking, a long nail is extremely painful. So I don't know why a police officer would want long nails. But I just thought it was interesting that he called it hip hop. They he labeled it with hipp.
Speaker 8: Ain't long nail pink hair. That's LGBT NYPD.
Speaker 1: Okay. They ain't got nothing to do with it, okay. And I also want to say I.
Speaker 8: Like I like them the officers wearing the uniforms because I feel like, you know, if you go into a certain area and you see a bunch of people in uniform, you straighten up a little bit, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 8: If if the cops are undercover, you don't really know, so you still might be on your rah rah.
Speaker 7: Now they still they still wear uniforms, but it's just a little looser with certain things, like you know, with like the dye in the hair or the beds. They want to cut off the beds, keep it more clean cut to back in the days when it was you know, uniform police. They still wear uniforms, but they just want to keep everything together.
Speaker 9: And I understand that as a cop, like as like police force, I understand that part of it. The only problem I have is just the labeling hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand how that hip hop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But also they would they always want police officers to be part of the community and feel like it's an extension of the community, right, So that's why I think they opened it up to officers being able.
Speaker 10: To have bids and dreads and braids and die in here.
Speaker 7: So you can't but that one time you couldn't, but now you can. But that's why I think they opened it up. So when you when you're out in the public, you have an officer.
Speaker 9: That looks like I think that plays more than then be a part of the community, you know what I mean. You don't have to look like a certain you don't have to look a certain part to to just disrespect people, you know what I mean, that's all in your behavior.
Speaker 4: How you respect the community and still protect them.
Speaker 9: You don't have to, you know, come out, you know sure, unbuttoned, long nails, pinkhair. You don't gotta be wrapping ice spice on a corner with us like, you don't have to do that.
Speaker 13: They will have exceptions for religions, so you know, some people's religions with beers and things like that. I think that'll be an exception. But just thought it was interesting that you put it on hip hop. But so let's go to the next story because this is something that they've been talking about on social media.
Speaker 4: I think is a really big thing.
Speaker 13: The mayor's office said that they are partnering with Mobility Capital Finance to launch a new, more cost effective technology pilot program to distribute immediate response cards to migrants take a listen.
Speaker 26: Some migrant families will soon be given pre paid credit cards to buy food and baby supplies. The mayor's office says the city is partnering with Mobility Capital Finance to launch a more cost effective program. Right now, the city has contracts with food services who provide non perishable food boxes to shelters. They will start with five hundred migrant families with children in short term hotel stays. The cards can only be used at bodega's, grocery stores, supermarkets, and convenience stores.
Speaker 27: We're just giving this migrant population more free stuff at the expense of New York City taxpayers.
Speaker 26: In a steam in the Mayor's office says in part quote, not only will this provide families with the ability to purchase fresh food of their culturally relevant diets and the baby supplies of their choosing, but the pilot program is expected to save New York City more than six hundred thousand dollars per month or more than seven point two million dollars annually.
Speaker 13: Yes, So critics, as you heard, they said that they are upset that this is at the tax expense. As you just mentioned, they say that it is going to save the city because bottom line, these migrants are housed in city operated shelters, so they're already giving the migrants free food. So what they're saying is that instead of just giving them free food that they're not eating because it's just going to waste, they feel this program will allow them to be able to buy the food that they want, you know, from their particular culture, so they're thinking that will save money. They're also using a black owned firm. I just want to put that out there that this firm is also black owned. The Mobility Capital Finance neither.
Speaker 4: Here nor there.
Speaker 13: I think people who are concerned about migrants getting free food are free you know, money, would have an issue with this, and so that's what they're saying. But wanting to give you those points on why people are saying, you know, the pros and cons, and a lot of folks are saying they're already you know, getting it, so why not do it a better way? And obviously Americans can qualify for food stamps as well. So this was just you know, an issue I saw folks debating about on social media. I know, fifty cent put a post out there and some folks responded to him as well.
Speaker 4: So I want to see what you guys thought about it.
Speaker 8: I think people are having the wrong conversation about this whole migrant issue, like it's simply about resources. If America was taking care of its own properly, nobody would have a problem with what the migrants are getting like, this isn't about people feeling those migrants are taking resources from them. This is about people feeling they have never received resources at all. Yeah, and I'm torn, right because you never want to see somebody without food or without housing or I mean, migrants have babies, and you want to make sure that they're okay, that they can eat, that their kids are taken care of.
Speaker 1: But it's just always weird.
Speaker 7: That, you know, we have so many homeless people in so many different places right New York is full of homeless people, Jerseys full of homeless people, and this it feels crazy that we didn't take care of our own for years and now it's like you jump on migrants to help them so fast, and it's just like I see so many you go to any city, no matter what city you go, you see the homeless, the homelessness through the roof, and it just seems like, when do we help those people?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm not torn at all.
Speaker 8: America first, okay, And I don't understand how nobody can unders then while folks are upset about this, if you have a bunch of people who can't afford food themselves, like you just said, and who are struggling to get food on the table. They might even have a hard time accessing those benefits themselves. They are going to be upset when they see someone getting those resources before them, especially when those people aren't from here.
Speaker 1: It's just that simple. It's the same. And by the way, folks feel like this about anything.
Speaker 8: We feel like this about war, no matter if it's Israel, Ukraine, migrants. Anytime folks see large amounts of money being spent on anyone.
Speaker 1: But them, they gonna feel a way.
Speaker 7: It's that simple or humanity wise, you just you know, regardless if they're migrant or not.
Speaker 1: You just don't want to see somebody start.
Speaker 7: Of course, I don't want to see somebody without housing, especially when you see them kids.
Speaker 1: But but don't come.
Speaker 8: To line right if you got we got so many homeless people here, people here starting line.
Speaker 1: You gotta get in line, that's all we're saying. Getting lined.
Speaker 13: I think you made an interesting point, shuttle Man, because the argument is, well, people qualify for those services too. But you made an interesting point. A lot of people, although they qualify, the red tape is harder. It's harder for everybody just don't get it. But because they qualify a lot of people get off these programs or they don't know how to get on it, or there's a lot of uh you know, red tape that can stop them from getting it. So it's not this oh well you can just get it. And I think people understand that. Uh you know, it's not that people are against it, against helping, but like you said, get in line. And I just think it's disingenuous when I see people saying, oh no, you know, what's the problem. You can get it to everybody's not getting it. That's the point, you know. So yeah, topic that folks.
Speaker 4: Keep talking about. Well, thank you tis absolutely.
Speaker 8: And make sure you follow at Tesla figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot and No Chase of podcasts on the Black Fact iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 10: All right, thanks again, Test, and let's open up the phone lines.
Speaker 7: Let's go back to that conversation we were having eight hundrink five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 10: Now during Just with the Mess we were talking about the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds so good. During Just with the Test, I love that.
Speaker 7: And let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundrink five eight five one oh five to one. Do you think we should be still showing up to the Grammys? They've been disrespecting us since what eighty eight when DJ Jesse, Jeff and the Fresh Prince won and and didn't want to air that, and and then Jay in ninety eight they didn't want to air and last night that's why I wanted to kill the Mike won three awards and they didn't any of it.
Speaker 8: That's why I wanted Ja to acknowledge that during his speech, because he brought up the fact that they didn't air Eric during those last times. So it's like you should have brought that up again last night as well.
Speaker 1: You wanted them to go deeper.
Speaker 8: You said, I wanted them to go further, further, go further, further, further, further.
Speaker 7: All right, well, let's discuss eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. Should we still be showing up to the Grammars? I know, we joke about the BT Awards and that's an award based on us, and we don't show up a lot of times, like I haven't seen.
Speaker 10: Drake at the BAT Awards three four five years.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't go to no award shows i'ven't seen a lot of our biggest artists at the award show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not at all, other than Drake, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm happy for Killing Mike because Killer Mike wanted Rap Album of the Year and he deserved it. You know, it's the highest honor in music, you know, until otherwise, right, but it's been the highest hon here in music for years.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that he won because he wanted to win. Yeah, simple as that.
Speaker 7: Now eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss this Breakfast Club Good Morning.
Speaker 17: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's DJ MV Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Nephew's just joining us.
Speaker 7: We were talking about the Grammys and should we still be showing up to the Grammys? That is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Now this conversation comes from my brother, Killer Michael won three Grammys last night, dropping the clues bums for killing Mike.
Speaker 2: Dammit.
Speaker 7: But it wasn't televised, which brings us back to eighty eight when DJ Jazz Jeff and Fresh Prince Will Smith won a Grammy wasn't televised, and ten years after that, ninety eight when Jay one wasn't televised and people have been boycotting the Grammys. But it's what twenty years, thirty years later and we still are not televised.
Speaker 1: You know, we know we've.
Speaker 8: Been televised before, We've been tell they've been started televising. How they can choose who they decided televised Cardi when she when she won, but they ain't televised they television and one I know they tell about the Drake bricently when he went.
Speaker 1: That's saying, I don't know how we get back to that they want.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think they just got their They I don't know their favors, you know, they picked what they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how we got back to that this year.
Speaker 8: I don't know how in twenty twenty four, the rap categories on televised rap.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just feel like, all right, we'll get all this, but you ain't getting too much. Like it's like they I don't know, they feed us what they want to feed us, Like with three categories.
Speaker 7: I mean, at least the best rap album that should have been televised, they would do the other I get it, but give Killer Mike one. He deserves it. So do we still continue to show up? That is the question? Would you think?
Speaker 28: Just?
Speaker 9: I mean, I feel like we need our own I've been saying, and I feel like we I mean, I just feel like it. Say if none of us go to the Grammys next year, Say if none of us even care even if we're nominated, we don't go. Say if we really really staying ten told down? I mean, because some people dream is to get a Grammy, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 9: But say if we really like as a as like a whole, be like, nah, we ain't gone, we don't care whatever, Even if we win, We're gonna put our energy into creating our own awards ceremony and then let's see how that works out.
Speaker 4: Like, I just feel like that it's time to shift.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you gotta shift, make a big shift.
Speaker 8: I don't disagree with nothing just said, but I often feel like I'm not qualified to have this conversation because I'm not an artist, And so whenever I talk to music artists. They care about Grammys because it's the highest award in music, and professionally, when you win one, everything goes up everything. You know, your screams go up, you know, your status as an artist goes up. But I am a stern believer that you know, you should only go where you're celebrated, not where you're tolerated. Yeah, And I often can't tell if the Grammys, if they're tolerating us, are the folks who pick the awards are culturally clueless? But then I watch the award sometimes and I feel culturally clueless because I ain't never heard Morley Cyrus Flowers in my life.
Speaker 1: I never heard that song, but this morning, to their opinion, the right people heard it.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, But it's the right people see But.
Speaker 7: You know, also, right, we don't know who's who's on the Grammy board and who's picking these songs, but you know, you have to have a large palette to understand all that music, right, because I'm not listening to Miley Cyrus side, so I can't tell you if the album is great, and if I do hear it, things don't connect with me. I don't connect the Tailor Swift. I've never heard a Tailor Swift song, like that's my jam, that's not my thing.
Speaker 1: That's my jam.
Speaker 8: If you said you call them songs your jam, I can't believe you. You never heard Taylor Swift. I don't know people who.
Speaker 1: Listening to Tailor Swift say things like that's my jam. But that's why I said that.
Speaker 10: I never heard of telling who was the other people that was nominated?
Speaker 9: Billy that's nothing, Billy Na three Bill.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that. I just like it.
Speaker 8: I know when it comes on that, I like it. She listened to all of that because she listened to Killer Mike. I mean, if she's in the call with me, I was riding that last day when I picked up from practice.
Speaker 7: But that's what I'm saying. You need somebody that can really decide all this. And if we do our own show, is it just gonna be just black music show?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: No, but it's gonna be our house, Like it's gonna be our our judges, Like you know, it's like judged off of real criteria, who put in the work.
Speaker 1: Who really is Like it's so.
Speaker 7: Funny, don't get a Tailor Swift and Beyonce Jess, you on the are you on the board?
Speaker 1: Who are you picking? Beyonce?
Speaker 8: But you know what's funny, imagine imagine us doing our own award show, but trying to be fair.
Speaker 1: Across the board.
Speaker 8: Miley ain't coming, ain't coming, Phoebe Bridges ain't coming, Olivia Rodrigo ain't coming.
Speaker 7: Sure, Yeah, well, let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this hey, Dana?
Speaker 1: Good morning? I'm sorry, Brandy, I'm Brandy. Brandy.
Speaker 29: First, I want to say congratulations Jess morning.
Speaker 1: Charlotegne this morning.
Speaker 29: And I believe just said it best. We need to come up with our own award platform because you know, yeah, BT is cool, but as many artists, I'm entrepreneurs. I mean, the list goes on with us. I mean it should be no questions about it. We just have to stop talking and make things happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, thank you mama. Hello, who's this hey?
Speaker 3: List is SHAMAI calling back again from during Nor Carolina student at North Carolina Central University.
Speaker 1: How y'all doing what to Shama? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 12: Listen?
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to shout out the jest with the men to robber more from being on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Whether you like on there, thank you.
Speaker 3: No problem, no problem. But to the grandy, to the topic of the day, I feel like Clture needs to be at the great the forcer on society because black content sells and we the UH force the culture on people because we're the one shaping the music industry. So and when it comes to you know, not us getting to be a one that we deserve because definitely, like Charlamagne said earlier in the show, sisus for the one album of the year, no doubt about that. She she had better number, her tour was better, she she had a better performance, better transitions. But when it comes to us being represented at the Grammys and artists being at the Grammys, we need to go absolutely.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you a question, and I agree with your assistant. But my problem with that is the other albums in the category.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to the.
Speaker 2: Album for Album of the Year, Yes, sir.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 3: I did, And to me because you know why, because I talk about it on my show on my radio show earlier, Yeah, I do. When I called earlier at Central University College, yeah college Radio. Yeah, I have a show every Tuesday two to four on NCCU audio and that. So I did my homework and did my research, and to me, Siza definitely deserved because she had better transitions, better production. When it comes to the story of the albums. Have definitely deserved that album.
Speaker 12: Who does.
Speaker 7: I'm not listening to John I'm not listening to John Battist Listen a Fire, I'm not listening to.
Speaker 2: Last Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm not listening to Lona del Ray that.
Speaker 10: I listened to Janelle Money, Incisss.
Speaker 1: Joel Fire and I'm not that was going the show. So I can't.
Speaker 10: I can't tell you because I didn't listen to Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Moley had album.
Speaker 3: She had a good head last year.
Speaker 21: It was like a top tail record.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 1: I'm not life.
Speaker 8: I didn't hear Flowers last I heard Flowers for the first time last night. I was sitting there thinking, like, damn, all I heard about all you was Tailoring and Scissors know Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 7: I just I didn't hear those albums. That's what I'm trying to say. I heard Janelle Money and I heard Sister. I didn't listen, but we gotta I.
Speaker 8: Want to shout out tomorrow TI, you gotta give us shot at tomorrow your show. We gotta stop doing that to us, that we be watching these shows and we think just because we don't know something.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. But that's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I can't I can't criticize the rest of these albums because I didn't listen to I'll say all today Sisson once the one because I with Scissor.
Speaker 10: But the rest of these people might have had amazing album.
Speaker 1: I just didn't listen to it. Trust me, we sound very stupid when we say yes, who is Mirley?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I never heard who is killing Mike?
Speaker 8: That They said the same thing to us as we say no, we say that to each other. Niggas is telling each other who is killing Get you right?
Speaker 1: It was just so stupid.
Speaker 7: Right Well, eight hundred five eight five one o five one, we're talking about the Grammys.
Speaker 10: Should we still show up?
Speaker 7: The brother Killer Mike won three awards last night and uh was not televised.
Speaker 1: So we should be showing up. Can we get another Killer Mike song on what we want here? Let's play get some money again? Man, Let's play get some money again.
Speaker 7: We'll play get some money again. Yes, yes, let's get it back on. It's a breakfast club the morning.
Speaker 2: It's topic time.
Speaker 1: APIs club.
Speaker 7: That was Killing Mike, who picked up three awards last night at the Grammys but was not televised. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one do you think we should stop not showing up to the Grammys? It seems like since eighty eight when they did it with Will Smith, in ninety eight with Whole and now twenty twenty what four.
Speaker 1: With Killer Mike.
Speaker 10: I don't think not showing up his answer? So what do you think is the answer?
Speaker 8: I think that you got to have more culturally clueless people on these boards at the Grammys voting for these awards. You you need more culturally in tune people. I mean, I think you too have a lot of people of one ilk. You probably got a lot of white people on these boards. I think that, you know, I know, they getting rid of DEI everywhere, but the Grammys is a place where you definitely have to have a lot of diversity when it comes to voting in these categories, especially especially when it's the categories that you know represent us right culture.
Speaker 7: But it has to be difficult because you think about it, there's things that we connect with more, right, Like we're gonna connect with more with Killer Mike because he's from where we're from.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just think it's the music I mean I listen to That's the perfect example, right, And when I listen to the best rap album, I heard every single one of those albums in that category for rap album, Yes, and there was no question to me. Killer Mike had the best wrap album. But now let's say album of the year.
Speaker 1: To me, it was Scissor. That's so, what did you listen to Olivia or my daughter? Does you? And I can't get with it?
Speaker 25: All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: What about Laying a Delray? Did you say that it does? I can't get with it? What about boy Genius, I don't even know who that is saying that's not given that Batman's eye kicked. I don't know. Oh wow, that boy wonder anyway? And what about Taylor Swift? Did you listen to that up? Never? Not?
Speaker 8: Never?
Speaker 11: Like that?
Speaker 1: Say sisters, she went over to you never heard something pisses me off more than Taylor Swift.
Speaker 8: AC can fake surprise at the ward show that she been doing this for You've been doing that for seventeen. She was like, oh my god, that last night. She really hammed it up like she had no idea. Really, Taylor, you sold more records than everybody. You sold albums like Bibles and you whether you were surprised.
Speaker 7: Not about selling records because if it was about the grand records and Drake would have one, because Drake sold more to Killer.
Speaker 10: It's about the music and the content. That's why Killer Mike won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: I guess I've never listened to tell us you're right. I mean, you have everything you're saying is actually right. I have not listened to those those those albums.
Speaker 7: I haven't either, And I mean I know the artists I know, like I said, I know who John Baptist.
Speaker 1: Is, but I Jamatias has actually one album of the year before, Yeah he has, he has one. I did hear it? Did you hear a new album? World? Yes? I did. I rock with Jeomatis. I didn't listen to this album. I don't know, man.
Speaker 8: I just would hope that the people who are voting for these projects are listening to these projects.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure they are, but just sometimes they get it all the way wrong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like you said they're not culturally prefeates it like they're not too Yeah, they're really not so.
Speaker 1: And it's a wide range of music. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey this Crystal?
Speaker 1: What's up y'all?
Speaker 10: Cristal, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Crystal?
Speaker 18: My thoughts is?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I got to give everybody individual shout out. Jess hilarious.
Speaker 11: I love you.
Speaker 1: Girl, I love you, Charla.
Speaker 23: May you know I love you big. I'm checking in from Columbia, South Care Like.
Speaker 1: Hey, those three you already know metro.
Speaker 23: Met ttro booming once a month.
Speaker 16: I know, but.
Speaker 23: I think, you know what, really, I sat and I thought, I was like, yeah, we shouldn't go.
Speaker 18: I watched him.
Speaker 15: I watched a little bit last night.
Speaker 23: But then I was like, Noah, hell no, keep going. We need to keep going because what.
Speaker 12: If we were to quit years ago, quit going to.
Speaker 23: Things because people who didn't look like us didn't want.
Speaker 15: Us out in their spaces. I feel like, keep going, make them respect us. We fought for everything else, whether it was segregation at the lunch counties here in South Carolina or any other southern states. Keep going, make them see our faces. And like Berman said when he came up there, some years ago. Put some respectful, put some respect and make them respect us for real, for real, because at the end of the day, you know what too, And I love to say this when times are like what they are, when it's a diversion of color.
Speaker 12: When young dumps said keep going up the.
Speaker 23: Ladder, they mad make the matter keep going. We can't just say now, not go. We knew what it was when we signed up. We knew none of them would want us in our in their spaces, keep going.
Speaker 1: I love we are great people.
Speaker 3: And guess what, jay Z even said it too. We influenced pop culture.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens when we no longer exist. But you see what Christ But you see what you said, Crystal the thing.
Speaker 7: But you look at the Grammys, if you look at all the majority of the news sources, it's our culture that that pops up whatever what we're wearing, our performances, uh Beyonce being their whole state. Like we give them so much energy and so much views and so much everything that you just said, and they don't give us the same respect.
Speaker 30: And guess what what respect is something that our ancestors fought for a period.
Speaker 3: We gotta keep showing in station.
Speaker 28: It's nothing more pleasable for me when I go into my job and I know somebody doesn't look like me, doesn't want me to be there.
Speaker 3: Guess what the ancestors on the wall that the boys shit chat.
Speaker 28: I'm gonna always be number one. I'm gonna always just sell nobody that's recessive.
Speaker 3: It's better than us, period.
Speaker 23: And we know that.
Speaker 8: I love that you called from the eight oh three with the civil rights piech that called a young Dolph Birdman and Jayson history.
Speaker 1: Black people know we specially what's the moll of this story? I don't know what the moral of the story is yet. I'm be honest with you.
Speaker 8: I was about to say, you know, go you're uh celebrated that where you're tolerated, but I don't. I don't know if I believe that. I agree with her to its I agree with everybody. I feel like we should build our own but we should keep showing up to this stuff too.
Speaker 7: Definitely, Yeah, well, I think the moral of the story should be let's play another killer Mike song.
Speaker 8: This is off to Michael Deluxe album, that one rap album of the year last night. Don't debate me about it. If it should have won if you didn't listen to it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: Well he won three awards last night. Let's get into it. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning was on the way morning everybody. It's d J M V Jess showing me the guy we are the Breakfast close.
Speaker 1: This whole look, thank you.
Speaker 8: I love the fact that Jess Larrs is officially a part of the Breakfast Club. All that meloning against that white see that backdrop of a chail that.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Brother.
Speaker 10: Well, let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: The Lord just don't do is gonna bring him up?
Speaker 9: Okay, Drake Shades, Rihanna, Drake and j Cole. It's all a blur too. Kicked off in Tampa on Saturday. During the concert, work by Rihanna came on and Drake and Rihanna collaborated on this record in twenty sixteen. When the song came on and he refused to sing it. When it came on, you'a might have seen a video like surfacing or whatever over the weekend. He was like, oh, I don't play that no more. And he said it in that voice. He was like, I don't sing that no more. Y'all like he literally said it like a city girl, that's how you said it. But people wonder why Drake would add the song to the set list if he didn't plan to sing it now.
Speaker 1: I even comment on this on my story.
Speaker 9: I was like, I reposted it and I said, isn't that something that you go over with with your DJ unless you did that on purpose to just with Rihanna? And it was just real sassy and salty to me because she's with a sat Rocky now. Is the only reason that fans could be, you know, thinking of that. That's what they were hinting at. And this isn't the first time he took a jab at Rihanna. Fan speculated that he dissed her on his most recent album. The song is called fair Heights, and we have the audio for what he said, play number two.
Speaker 11: Why they ain't make it sound like I'm still hung up on yo.
Speaker 1: That could never be.
Speaker 11: Y'all can run me better, er me better. It's not me. I'm anti man tea. Yeah, intersessions aage. Yeah, because I had it with you, you.
Speaker 1: Sound like her to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sway.
Speaker 1: And if you're still talking about her at concerts, are playing the song.
Speaker 9: Imagine going to the DJ, like, look ed this song in there and speed it up, because.
Speaker 1: I don't even know they sped it up. It was like, look, go ahead and playing number one. Yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 9: Did he sound like he didn't he sound like Asia, I don't sing that song on more period.
Speaker 1: Sure, Drake, you can't get it together. That's his song to Did he write it? I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's both of their but like, don't ever tell them to play it, and then when they play, I don't be singing it like stop. That's so funny to me. Ty Reese wishes he was born Latino. Ty Reese, your brother said he wishes Latino. Y'all going to accept them over there. I am not Latino, read people believe you. I'm not Dominican. So I resupposed a video on Instagram with his uh with the Latino man's kids surprising him with the truck. The video explained that the kids chose to surprise their dad to thank him for all the sacrifices he made for them. For some reason, he took the opportunity to use that as the moment to critique the Black family structure. Now he wrote us a book. He did his His post was long, but I'm gonna just read some of.
Speaker 4: The stuff that stuck out. Sometimes I wish I was born Latino.
Speaker 9: I mean the Latino I mean the Latin community is grounded in family, lawyer, entrepreneurs, businessmen and women literally represent the dream, uh, the grind, the hustle, doing whatever it takes, the stick together against all odds. If us as black culture, because these are his mistakes, not mine, was more grounded and these hit y'all was more and uh and you to read. Y'all can literally seek on his post and read it. But he's I have no idea how we lost our way. We can't get anything done and accomplished as a fragmented culture, insecure, threatened by each other.
Speaker 1: And then it went on and on and on.
Speaker 9: It's important to note that there are black Muslims, Latinos and.
Speaker 1: Jews, Okay, Taiwan Yeah, Manuel.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just don't know why he he would say sometimes he wishes he was born Latino.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll call him for the rest of his life if you want, if you want me to. Now, where is he from.
Speaker 9: He's from California, because because didn't he grow up with a lot of them too, because.
Speaker 1: That that's over there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know if it's Watts, but now I'm sure there was a lot around because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, so that also could be why too, he probably played with a bunch of Latino kids too.
Speaker 8: Why would you post that during black Yeah? Yeah, that wait till March Taris you know, I.
Speaker 12: Know, I know.
Speaker 7: But there's a lot of black families that have a strong structure. There's a lot of blacks. There's a lot of blacks to support other the blacks. I don't know, he said, I don't know who he's dealing with it and why he feels that way, but there are a lot of black people that support black people.
Speaker 9: Well, we're gonna continue to pray for him because we want to give him grace every time.
Speaker 1: Who do we pray to white? Jesus Jesus.
Speaker 9: Soji Boy apologizes to Krishan Rock after saying her son has down syndrome.
Speaker 1: So Sojia Boy and Blue Face have been beefing for a few months. We see that beat.
Speaker 9: They beef alive all the time, and he's still be from beefing with him, even from jail that somehow the back and forth that turned into a real rap beef.
Speaker 1: It went further.
Speaker 9: During the beef, both of the rappers' baby mamas got dragged into it, and Blue Face tweeted some stuff. Sojia Boy couldn't mess with Jayden and the Dark if she if if she thought it was me whatever, They're going back and forth, but played the audio number three, he apologized, and I thought this was big for Sojioa boy because he never does this.
Speaker 1: Little Oh wait, your son.
Speaker 31: Talking about my kids first rate? Let this what y'all let me know if my fans want me to out with. So I'm gonna say it like this, Krishan. I want to apologize to you, but since your homie was talking crazy about my own, I had to talk crazy about his son. And I know he want to apologize to my baby.
Speaker 1: Mama for line and talking crazy.
Speaker 31: So I will say I'm sorry that you got caught in the middle of it with your leader. Between Man and House, I'm gonna be the bigger man because I'm.
Speaker 1: Just too borrow. I'm too pretty.
Speaker 9: See shout out to show Soldier Man being the first rapper to apologize about something that he said.
Speaker 4: I really want to give him that, like he didn't.
Speaker 10: The first rapping apologize.
Speaker 8: I love how you aged him up and called him soldier man. You said, shout out the soldier man. He is a soldier man.
Speaker 9: Now, yeah, I like that he apologized man, and he said he and then he went in depth. He said, man, your homie is uh he he he says some stuff about my son.
Speaker 1: And then you know, blue Face hen't apologize and we know that.
Speaker 9: But I like how he apologized to the mother of the kid, because that little boy ain't got one parent, you know what I mean. And the baby does not have Down syndrome. So that's I just think you don't bring nobody's kids into it, you know. So I want to give a shout out to soldier made.
Speaker 1: But that and that is just with the mess, all right.
Speaker 7: Her news is real, allegedly, Charlamagne, will you give you a donkey Q before after.
Speaker 8: The hour, we need the LAPD to come to the front of the congregation for putting killer mike and handcuffs.
Speaker 10: We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast leve goo morning.
Speaker 15: Damn.
Speaker 1: But he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time for donkey I mean trying to beat donkey today no more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 4: Days called Donkey of the Day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 9: Damn Charlamagne who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 8: Wow, Jess hilarious Donkey today from Monday, February fifth goes to the LAPD who decided they needed to detain and then arrest my good brother Michael Rinda aka Killer Mike, Dropping the Clues Bombs and Killer Mike. You know, we've been celebrating the good brother Killer Mike all morning because last night he swept the Grammys. He won all three categories. He was nominated in Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Song, and Best Rap Album.
Speaker 1: He won all three.
Speaker 8: Dropping the Clues Bombs for Mike again. To all you nay say is out there, don't tell me Killer Mike shouldn't have one Rap Album of the Year if you didn't listen to Michael, because I've been telling y' all for months that he should win a Grammy for Rap Album of the Year, and.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 8: But then we heard the news that he was detained and booked for battery just hours after winning three awards. Let's go to WFBTV Channel Too Atlanta.
Speaker 1: For the report.
Speaker 32: Police police detained rapper and Atlanta native Killer Mike in the middle of the Grammy Awards show. It came moments after he swept all three rap categories, his first Grammy win in more than two decades.
Speaker 1: Details on exactly what happened are.
Speaker 32: Still limited, but videos spreading online shows Killer Mike being escorted out of the area and handcuffs.
Speaker 4: The AP is reporting.
Speaker 32: A police spokes first and said it simmed from an altercation inside that arena around four pm local time and a text to our partners at the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Speaker 4: He said it was.
Speaker 32: Quote an over zealous security guard, but I am good. A source told Channel Too that he did confirm that he was held, but has since been released.
Speaker 8: Now, all you negroes out there, who'll be wearing tenfoil pool shisty mask, all you folks will be on YouTube with every single conspiracy theory under the sun. Where is the conspiracy theories about this? You can't tell me this is not a conspiracy. I don't know what the conspiracy is yet, but the fact that Killer Mike swept the.
Speaker 1: Grammys last night.
Speaker 8: Every rap category and none of the rap categories was televised, and then he got detained and arrested.
Speaker 1: Killer Mike was about to buy NBC. Okay, all the least, at the least be et all.
Speaker 8: Right, now, we all know Killer Mike is a radical black man, great human being, one of my top five favorite rappers of all time, but an amazing human okay, philanthropists, entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: Then they hear Killer Mike's depth and.
Speaker 8: Speech live on TV, and I believed that the powers that be had to keep Killing Mike from that stage at all cost, Okay, at least on the live television portion. I believed that as soon as they decided he was gonna win those awards, then immediately they devised a plan to keep him from spreading his unapologetic blackness to the world. First, you know, they just didn't televise the awards. Then he just mysteriously gets handcuffed and detained over an alleged physical altercation and then released, you know, right after the awards. Over this is why I wanted jay Z to go further in his speech last night in light of those circumstances. Okay, when he won the Doctor Drake Global Icon Award. You know, he did acknowledge that they didn't televise televised when The Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff won an award in the eighties. They didn't televise when jay Z won a Grammy in the nineties. And now it was twenty twenty four and y'all didn't televise any of the rap categories.
Speaker 1: How did we make progress.
Speaker 8: All these years only to go back to doing what caused us to boycott y'all in the first place.
Speaker 1: I would have liked for you to make that statement.
Speaker 8: And then called a good brother, Killer Mike up on stage, you know, to give the acceptance speech live on TV that he should have gotten to begin with. But we didn't get that opportunity because the LAPD decided to detain Michael Rinda for some bs okay LAPD.
Speaker 1: When have y'all ever arrested in artists at the Grammys?
Speaker 29: Huh?
Speaker 8: Will Smith smacked Chris Rocket. The Oscars love Will Smith, but that's a soult.
Speaker 1: He didn't get arrested.
Speaker 8: They let him sit there for the rest of the show and accept his Oscar when he won. Killer Mike couldn't get that same type of courtesy in la Huh. I'm looking at the charge and it says a physical altercation inside the arena involving a third party.
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 8: Third party leads me to believe it wasn't even Mike who was involved in the physical altercation, and the LAPD says, somebody you know complains.
Speaker 1: Obviously we have to do something about it.
Speaker 8: Really, LAPD, really you questioning them, book them, embarrass them by walking through the Crypto dot Com arena, got him handcuffed like he just shot the place up for an unspecified misdemeana YouTube.
Speaker 1: Y'all know every damn thing, but all of a.
Speaker 8: Sudden, you don't want to speak to the injustice that happened to Adamsville's finest. Huh, LAPD, y'all should be ashamed of yourself. Showed me a time when an artist gets arrested from an award show for a misdemeanor. As much as y'all don't like doing extra paperwork, hell, it's understanding as some of y'all officers. Are you trying to tell me that a misdemeanor warranted the nonsense y'all put Michael render through last night Nope.
Speaker 1: Nope, it was a conspiracy. I don't know what the conspiracy was, but it was a conspiracy.
Speaker 8: Was it the white supremacist power structure keeping Mike from saying something that was going to shake up Black America last night?
Speaker 19: Huh?
Speaker 8: Was it Democratic operatives mad at how Killer Mike spoke truth to power on Bill Maher Friday night about Joe Biden?
Speaker 1: Was they upset about that? Huh?
Speaker 8: Was they upset he might go up there and say something that could impact the upcoming election negatively? Or was it the barbs who were mad that the Grammys announced NICKI Minaj and I Spice Barbie World his best rap song. But they were wrong because Killer Mike won. I don't know why y'all would get mad at Mike about that, but was it y'all? All I know is LAPD. Y'all didn't have to do that. It could have waited. And I hope y'all don't arrest me for some nonsense next time I'm in LA, because I just gave you all the credit y'all deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 1: Please give the l A p D the biggest he hull. It was a conspiracy that.
Speaker 4: Was well put I like that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe so as well. I believe so as well.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Last week, Shannon Sharpe was doing his podcast and he was talking about Jess Hilarius being the third announced that we just you know that you're the third co host. Yes, and when he announced that, he had things to say about it that he said, you were smart, you were funny. But he also talked about your looks as well.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 20: We got to give a congratulations to uh Jess Hilarious. She's the new co host of the Breakfast Club. Hey Envy and Charlemagne to God. Okay, so congratulations to her.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Jess, y'all, bring y'all, bring me on.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I didn't look.
Speaker 1: I know she's a comedian, yeah, and I just funny now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A body ain't no laughing matter though, I ain't know she was like that what a body like.
Speaker 6: Like, Hey, body YadA YadA YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, body of body of o' just hilarious.
Speaker 2: What ain't nothing funny about that?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 2: I ain't know that. I did not know Joe.
Speaker 20: I let me see you know, so you know I got twofold old Joe. I pull up different site right.
Speaker 14: Like that?
Speaker 2: Nah, something to hey like Kyrie dribbling to basketball.
Speaker 8: That's when you got to tell your partners fall back. Okay, don't look at my sister like that. She's thirty one, you fifty five? You old enough to be her daddy and have grandkids.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was it was just oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So question eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one ladies with men comment on your looks and your body?
Speaker 1: Is it flattering or is it a turnoff? How did you feel about it?
Speaker 9: Honestly, it didn't add to me. It didn't insult me. I just thought that, you know, like I said, it didn't compliment me at all. I shout out to Ocho Sinko though. Absolutely he he always been like a fan of mine and knows how smart and funny that I am. So yeah, I think there's ways of complimenting a woman without doing it like that. I mean, I don't know, there's nothing wrong with just saying oh, she's an attractive I didn't really have a look at it like that to know that she was attractive, you know, like that. But all the different sites and going to the basketballs and all that, I mean, circle down.
Speaker 1: You know, I just I didn't know. I really didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't take no type of way. And now I've seen that people like, you know, and I even seen people that was like, well, what Jesse looking at cause she is not.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: It's just like I take all of it the same. It's like, okay, whatever, just somebody else talking about Jess.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, let's open up the phone lines. Ladies with men coming on your looks? Is it a flattering or is it a turnoff? Let's discuss eight hundred and five five to one. On five to one, it's a breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club, mourning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ n V, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: He was talking about Jesse Lario's being announced as a third co host, and he was showing.
Speaker 1: Some love O Joe.
Speaker 20: We got to give a congratulations to Uh, Jess hilarious. She's the new co host of the breakfast club he Envy and Charlemagne to God. Okay, so congratulations to her.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Jess, y'all, bring y'all, bring me on.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I didn't look I know she's a comedian.
Speaker 1: Just funny.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, a body ain't no laughing matter though, I ain't know she was like that.
Speaker 6: What a body like like, hey body, YadA YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, body of body just hilarious.
Speaker 2: What ain't nothing funny about that?
Speaker 1: Boy, I ain't know that.
Speaker 2: I did not know, Joe. Let me see you know, so you know, I got twofold. I pull up different.
Speaker 7: Sites five one ladies, when man comment on your looks, is it flattering or turn off that?
Speaker 1: We just asked you, Jess, and you said, yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean it depends on like sometimes it can get uncomfortable with depending on how far in detail they're going, and if they're that old, it's like all right that like you know, or like sometimes it's like okay, like so the body body, yeah, you know, if you'd stop, dad, that's cool, you know, but then talking about because I want to know what sights he was pulling up, like it sounds like maybe was he talking about porn?
Speaker 1: Guy is like, if it's a guy you like, a guy you interested in, Yeah, I mean, yeah, it matters.
Speaker 9: I mean because still if it's a guy that I like, I will hope you will have a little bit more respect for me than that.
Speaker 1: True, you know, it's definitely it matters.
Speaker 8: I think age matters too, Like you know what I'm saying, Yeah, if you fifty five suit, Shannon, y'all fifty five, just thirty one.
Speaker 1: So it just sounds crazy because everything you say sound crazy.
Speaker 13: Like that.
Speaker 1: Let's just come from a different areas. Everything we say sounds nuts that dang ain't please don't tell me that thing thing in the sixty You don't know you don't know what to do it all that, Yeah, and you don't know what to do all that.
Speaker 8: You don't know what to do?
Speaker 32: What all this is?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Well, let's go to the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We got Monica on the line. Monica.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Yes, good morning Monica.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 12: My choy says, it's.
Speaker 22: Gonna be a complimented. You know, it don't matter how the man compliment you.
Speaker 23: You know he could say it Volga, he can say it with big energy, little energy.
Speaker 22: He still think about you. You feel me, So it's going to the goods if I feel about it.
Speaker 33: A compliment is a compliment, no matter how it comes out of.
Speaker 1: About where you call it from.
Speaker 18: Okay, from the Bronx, from bron New York.
Speaker 1: Got out to my next box, proof to your ma, your ma, where you going? And course right now?
Speaker 9: Look you hey Manica, listen if you're walking down the street right and Nigga be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, lord, b b out.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: I want that come come sit them shot cheeks on me.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying, Hey, I tell them, I tell them my grandmother sad more than the mouth full of the way.
Speaker 1: Well ready ready, I ain't with no wool now, I ain't no Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 33: Hey?
Speaker 12: J Jay?
Speaker 1: What's uping man talks bro? What's what's your thoughts? Man?
Speaker 21: I'm I'm just I'm driving and I'm tripping because I cannot believe this is even a conversation. These ladies are out here every day all day trying to be pretty crime to be sexy with the hair, the nails and lifts and like I was telling you, boy, I just watched the video of a chick shooting fluid up her fingers so he can make a finger satter. That is crazy and so when yeah, it tipped me out too, right?
Speaker 1: Does it work?
Speaker 21: I haven't seen your find the body, but you're a beautiful woman.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 21: I appreciate you to be mad at Uncle Shape for saying that you were sexy and fine.
Speaker 1: I need you, I need you. I don't need you to keep my name on torm. I need you to watch it.
Speaker 9: That's that's my new hotto. I need you to understand what I said. I didn't get mad because he called me sexy and fine.
Speaker 21: I said, trying to get mad.
Speaker 1: No, you said for you to get.
Speaker 9: Mad that he called you sexy and fine. I didn't get mad. Shouldn't get mad, I said, when they go into specific detail about things that don't know.
Speaker 1: You just need to see your body and.
Speaker 2: You don't need to see it specific details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was go back and listen to it.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 4: How are you talking about Look, he sounds sixty five.
Speaker 1: He probably was getting mad about it.
Speaker 27: Sasha, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: And we were talking about ladies. When men coming on your looks, is it flattering or turn off?
Speaker 30: Mama, it's given weird sometimes.
Speaker 22: First of all, let me take a graduation suggest with us and the shot.
Speaker 21: Of May.
Speaker 1: Week, Yes, right, yes, Monday.
Speaker 30: It seems like the best day of seek to me. But yeah, as far as the tap of sometimes it could be flattering if you do it right. You know, you look real nice and all that.
Speaker 29: But what uncle did it's given stout though to catch a predator.
Speaker 9: Just and it's just going in depth, like I said, you know, I you know, sometimes it can get weird. Sometimes I'm not mad at them, but it just sometimes it gets weird.
Speaker 1: Malaysia.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's good morning, Malaysia. We're talking about when men coming on your looks?
Speaker 1: Is it flattering? Is it a turnoff? What your thoughts, Malaysia.
Speaker 34: I don't mind a compliment as long as the guy isn't being weird and he knows when a compliment and just keep it moving, because guys nowadays they don't know how to just compliment and keep it moving. They want to try to go on and on. So a nice food temple. Compliment is okay, as long as it's respectful.
Speaker 10: Thank you, okay, all right, thank you Malaysia.
Speaker 1: So you look nice.
Speaker 7: Even she said, the body, body bodies. You know, he's you know, he's an entertainment. So he's entertainment.
Speaker 1: He's performing. He performed. But then it was just after that, it's just he's fifty five, just thirty one.
Speaker 8: He could literally be just daddy, just could have kids, he could be a granddaddy. That's literally all it is is fifty five. Yeah, in the mouth, but the way his mouth moves, I'm telling you, normally.
Speaker 7: It five a five, one oh five. Well we're talking ladies with men comming on your looks. Is that flattering or turn off?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, Morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's j n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. If you just joined us, we were talking. It started from a conversation of Shannon Sharp. He was talking about Jess Hilarious, congratulating on being the third co host, and then he said this.
Speaker 2: I know she's a comedian.
Speaker 1: Just funny.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, a body ain't no laughing matter though, I ain't know.
Speaker 6: She was like that, what a body like like, hey, body YadA YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, body of body of just hilarious.
Speaker 2: What ain't nothing funny about that?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 13: I ain't know that.
Speaker 20: I did not know, Joe, I see you know, so you know, I got twofold o Joe. I pull up different sites like that, nathing hey, like Cayrie dribbling to basketball.
Speaker 10: So we were asking, you know, ladies, is that a turnoff or is it flattering?
Speaker 9: Jess was like for her it was, you know, either here or there right, Yeah, but sometimes it can get a little weird, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: And we got Tiffany on the line. Tiffany, good morning, Tiffany, good morning. What's your thoughts, Tiffany, Well, honestly, I.
Speaker 34: Think it's auld turn off.
Speaker 33: You know, we hear about it in the songs all the time, and I think it's unpleasant. You know, you can compliment us in a better manner without going straight for our bottom half, our written.
Speaker 3: Different things like that.
Speaker 33: I don't think men compliment other races in that manner. And he could have just left it at you know, Jess hilarious is a very attractive woman.
Speaker 22: I didn't know she looked like that.
Speaker 30: She's fabulous and just looking at that, you know.
Speaker 22: And that's my thoughts on it.
Speaker 10: Na Tiffany playing Devil's advocate.
Speaker 7: Let's say, Tiffing, you in the gym and you're working your body out, you work in your glues, and you're doing it because you want to look nice, and a man sees you.
Speaker 10: How could a man compliment you without being disrespectful?
Speaker 33: Over I'll see you, nice body, I see you keeping yourself up.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying no, no, nice body, don't hell no, do.
Speaker 15: You work it up?
Speaker 3: That's better?
Speaker 33: I work out well when I work out. You know, men are in hotels they're saying they're like, oh, he looks good, she looks nice. They're a compliment my asss more so than my glue.
Speaker 23: You know what I'm saying, y'all, it's funny.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a blushed laugh.
Speaker 1: Gluten you do that laugh. They're gonna keep going. Listen.
Speaker 9: My thing is what if if somebody, oh, what if a guy walking down the street and I'm just like, okay, what's up?
Speaker 1: Decent? Penis? What's up?
Speaker 26: You know?
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 24: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's small. I ain't saying this bit. You can just see your print from here, and I like what I see. If you got great webfans, so what's up?
Speaker 2: Print?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, what's something? Print?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Or if I don't see a print, but you're not, you're cute, I'm like, okay, what's uping little tucky?
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna like that?
Speaker 1: When when they did that to you, Charlamagne, you felt the way at first you talked, what.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's why leaving the viacom, bill, leave it the vicom And there was a group of gay men and the group of men I just was walking by, and it was like.
Speaker 1: A Charlagune, you ain't gonna walk back here with all that ass and I say nothing that I was.
Speaker 8: I got intimidated, so I came back because I didn't won't keep walking because the way you were talking kind of they were talking to me kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: They called me hips hips. Did you like it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you could have been more subtle about it, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I don't like it was too.
Speaker 1: Aggressive for me. I just want you don't about me with all that app and I say nothing, but you did come back right. You ain't walk away. You can't walk back to them. I just turned around.
Speaker 4: You didn't get the number, and turned around like damn.
Speaker 1: That's how you talk to a lady. Hello, who's this? Good morning today, Ashley? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Now, Now, when men give you a compliment, and they compliment your body, is it a turnoff?
Speaker 1: Is it flattering?
Speaker 23: When they talk fliment on my body?
Speaker 33: I'm really just kind of a little bit because a lot of times it's somebody great great uncles who don't.
Speaker 12: Even need to be.
Speaker 1: Great, and that is what Yeah, okay, all right, well thank you mam.
Speaker 8: I think that's what you gotta do. So you got to remind a man of the old. You gotta relaxed grandpa. You know what I'm saying, because I think that's what makes it in them, that's what makes it super creepy to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, what's the moral of the story, If there's a moral moral story? Some of your women they never had a man compliment on your body, So you need to stop lying. Okay. I can hear the badly building this in some of your voice.
Speaker 8: Some of you all lying, all right, that's that's that's the moral of the story. But just brothers, man, just be cognizant of who you talking to, because ladies don't like that, like y'all think they do.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, not all the time.
Speaker 9: No, it's not not everybody likes that, you know, like for you to comment on the body parts, like no, you can just say you look good or you know or just you know, I find your track if that even even if that's not how you talk, if you at hood nigga, you know, it's better ways that just like like even though I was joking, but I've heard a guys say little b b L Yeah, I mean I've heard a guy say that and a girl got offended. Like no, like I don't have no surgery, Like what are you talking about? You know, it's just offensive sometimes.
Speaker 10: All right, well we got just with the mess what we're talking about?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get we'll get to it. Next is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's d J M.
Speaker 7: G Ess, Hilarry and Charlamagne the gud we are the Breakfast Club Good Morning.
Speaker 8: How long you think it's gonna take for just to start wearing sweatsuits and dressing regularly.
Speaker 10: Makes that a bat I said about six weeks.
Speaker 1: Six weeks, I said, six weeks. That's a lot of outfits just been going on every morning. I don't got no clothes, I say that. Okay, I'm considering lot. That's a lot of clothes that I don't know if we got that many.
Speaker 10: Well, let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 1: Jeff Robert Milloy, just don't bring numbers.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club.
Speaker 23: Status status.
Speaker 9: Megde Stallion scigns deal with Warner Brothers, well, Warner Music. Meg THEE Stallion and Warner Music Group agreed on a deal that allows Megan to remain independent, which I think is great. I think it's great for any artists to you know, be independent. And then she will own her masters and like like all her music and stuff like that. Uh, this deal will allow her to tap into Warner's resources though, so she basically has a distribution deal with them, the radio promotion and marketing and stuff like that. She'll released all her music independently through Hot Girl Productions. She'll retain ownership of her masters and publishing.
Speaker 4: That's the word.
Speaker 9: I was looking for any artists that assigned to her Hot Girl Productions. Imprint will be become part of Warner's ecosystem, and she is still managed by Rock Nation. I like that, Megan said, this is the beginning of an exciting new chapter of my life and career. I'm really focused on building an empire and growing as an entrepreneur. I know we're going to create history together. So chop a clues bomb for that. That's really not that's dope.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't understand anything about the music industry. I thought she was already with three hundred. She was, and I thought three hundred with war their music. So she just started her own production. They just shuffled it around. She redid a contract, but she's in the same system. But like like just just said, now she got she got a label and.
Speaker 9: Yep, and the difference is now she'll retain ownership of her masses and publishing. You know, So that that's good. You know, so she it still allows her like her music. You know, she's still independent. She just has a distribution deal with them. It just gets her music and stuff out there more. And whoever signed under her, and you know they will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is true. This is number one on Billboard. Yes it is true number one.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is which is I don't want to say sad, but this is the biggest record of her career so far.
Speaker 1: Bigger than Body of Audio Auday, Yes, no, man, what was the other one? Savage? Yeah, yep it is. Oh yeah, it's bigger than that. I know that song ain't called Body Aadi Yadi too. No it's not. And it's called body it is. Yeah, Okay, okay, Body. I am to think. You know, once you get to a certain age, you just name things after the hook, you know, that's.
Speaker 9: All Body ain't. No, that's not what it's called, just called body. Candy Burus makes it clear that she is leaving the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Candy Burrus has been a cast member of Real Housewives of Atlanta since season two, which aired in twenty in two thousand and nine, so she been doing it for fourteen years and she they asked her about that about this last night, and she said she didn't want to do it because like, during the breakup it, one of her friends had asked her, like, why are you still doing it?
Speaker 4: And she looks she just was like, yeah, there's really no reason.
Speaker 1: But she's still doing it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, because it's just something that she can do. But she has other things that she that she's focusing on.
Speaker 1: We have audio for it as well.
Speaker 4: So basically, you have to be on the Grammy book.
Speaker 1: Stop it ain't stop that one.
Speaker 2: My bad.
Speaker 4: Listen, this's my first day number number at the number that don't got it?
Speaker 1: Number two, number two? No, no, no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: So basically I thought it was gonna be the audio when her when the guy had asked her on the red carpet last night, like basically, uh.
Speaker 10: You know, I don't think we have the audio over that though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's fine.
Speaker 9: He had pretty much asked her like why and you know, ran down her accolades and the other stuff that she has going on, and she just was like, yeah, she's focusing on other things and it's it's just kind of like a boring job for her.
Speaker 1: At this moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's no drama that that we haven't heard.
Speaker 1: It was audio for that. It was audio for that's right here. But but let me but let me get to this.
Speaker 9: So, uh, to our point earlier, we were talking about Grammy voting process and Candy was actually on the board before a video or resurface of Candy Bursts discussing the voting process for the Grammy. She spoke on it during an interview on Big Facts podcast hosted by Big Bank and DJ Screen. The interview took place in twenty twenty one, but this is the audio that was for that.
Speaker 13: So basically you have to be on the Grammy board to be able to vote.
Speaker 4: One year, I was actually on the board.
Speaker 35: Who the people who actually got to vote vote, So basically everybody votes.
Speaker 4: And then I think they narrowed it down and then they have like this secret group.
Speaker 27: Of people who.
Speaker 1: On the top.
Speaker 23: It's like, you.
Speaker 35: Vote on the top five all the people that are in the Grammy Association or whatever. Obviously it's way more others, it is, right, So when it gets the five people that that the secret committee get to choose from, is the ones that the masses of the gott narrowed it down to. The majority of the people in the Grammy Association are not people who actually listen to rap music.
Speaker 1: Basically, you need more black people on the board.
Speaker 8: Shout the Baby Jay Big Banks Baby j on the Black Heart Radio podcast network Big Facts.
Speaker 1: But I just wanted to do that.
Speaker 9: I wanted to actually include that part of it because that was actually somebody who was in the room and who can actually attest to. I think she was the only black person and she like the they have to like they have. It's a wide range of music that they all have to sit in there, and if they don't know it, they just listening to it. What it's going in one day and off the other.
Speaker 1: The same way. We don't know Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 4: Don't say because I know I'm not saying, don't say no, same.
Speaker 1: Way a lot of us. You know Miley Cyrus, people don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah uh.
Speaker 4: Norri consults jay Z when he buys watches now.
Speaker 9: Norri recently was a guest on Risks Risk Check podcast, and I don't really understand why this was a conversation. I think the headlines stuck out to me because I was like, what kind of meat grinding crap is this?
Speaker 1: But we got the real quick. You'll let me get I.
Speaker 27: Don't watch unless I speak to certain people.
Speaker 1: Jay Z's top of this. Okay, does not answer me all the time, but I think that's respect.
Speaker 16: Yes, I think if he doesn't like to watch, he won't just he won't say Nor, we don't do that, like he's he's too rich and too smart and to fly to say no, no.
Speaker 1: Don't get that because he knows he's one of them.
Speaker 16: When I got the two the normal list and when I got the AKA, I send them both pictures and its exact words.
Speaker 27: In my opinion, I'm paraphrasing. I believe this is exact words both the autema Kevin Hart wait, I wait a week, he races a week. Once he hits me back, we're gonna to real heavy autuma talk. And then Mark warmour okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And like my thing is, if if you got to consult with somebody you know other than your parents to buy like watches, you shouldn't buy them like Mark Warburg, kep Out and jay Z. If you ain't got their money, you shouldn't be You think I should get.
Speaker 1: This like they got they got good taste. J He's definitely a watch guy. But the thing is shouting Nor.
Speaker 7: I know what Nor meant. He just said it wrong. So when you buy that watch, that watches an investment. It's not a five thousand dollars watch. These is forty thousand and fifty thousand and sixty thousand dollars watches?
Speaker 1: How much watches to watch? And fossiles.
Speaker 7: Say, but some of those watches are investments, so you ask people who pay for it more so, for instance, if I buy a car, I usually call Swiss because Swiss has the money type of cause. But it's the investment because they make money, you can sell it in those ways that just like people buy art.
Speaker 1: That's what about the paint for your bed and the paint for your your headline? Thank you artists? Do you reach out to us?
Speaker 28: Man?
Speaker 1: What Beijing?
Speaker 24: Do you?
Speaker 1: I don't want to enough enough which one you use?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna start naming people like that way, but I ain't gonna do that. All right, up next to the People's Choice Mixed, it's the BREAKA, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, and let me salute to UH Hampton University. It was the big legacy classic over the weekend. Shout to Michael B. Jordan for putting it on and Hampton beat Howard University, so again we are the real HU. Salute to all the Hampton alumni, Salute to all the HBCUs Man is a great game.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan to HBC. I don't know if he went to HBCU.
Speaker 7: But he's you know, he's from Newark, so he brings the game to Newark to support the HBCU.
Speaker 1: So, yes, you had a white girl with him. No, we didn't have a white girl with him. Man, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: I'm just asking that'd be crazy you bring a white girl to HBCU. Shut up, man, you gotta really love white woman to do.
Speaker 1: He did not. He he was with his homies. He was watching the game. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 8: It is Black History Month. It is oh, it is Black History Month. I gotta salute my guy beat Dot. You know, every day during Black History Month, we do a segment called I didn't Know, Maybe you didn't neither. It comes out on The Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network. But be Do today is talking about black emoji creator whose goal was to create a mooji diversity.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when we come back. Today.
Speaker 8: Be dout as talking to us about a black emoji creator whose goal was to create emoji diversity and tackle digital non exclusion, but he's been blocked at every turn during the patent process.
Speaker 19: Listen on today's episode of I Didn't Know, Maybe you didn't either? Have a question, did Katrina Parrot ever get her patent.
Speaker 1: The answer is no.
Speaker 19: If you're not familiar with Katrina Parrot. The year was twenty thirteen and Katrina Paris's daughter trying to use her emojis, but she had a problem and she ran to mommy and said, Mommy, none of my emojis looked like me. And Katrina Paris said, you know what, baby, Mama gonna fix that. And Mama fixed that. She diversified emojis. Before Katrina parent's inventions, everybody was out here looking like Simpson characters. I personally know people that did not use the emojis because they said they didn't look like no Dan bar Simpson. She created five different emojis. She created the fist pump, she created the high five. Five months later she had them jounts in the app store ready for folks to download, and all we got to downloading them colorful emojis. And it only makes sense a last name as colorful as Parrot would create and diversify the emojis. And then big Tech stepped in and Big Text said, hey, we want to use these, and they took them and they got a patent from the Patent office. Before Katrina Parrot could get a patent for her own ideas. I mean, every single time she submits to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, she gets told no. Like if you ask somebody if they listen to a Nick Cannon mixtape, she gets denied, like Tory Lanez requesting a new trial.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 19: It happens far too often giant tech companies like Apple, they get granted patent after patent after patent by the USPTO at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. But women and entrepreneurs of color, we always got to climb these steep hurdles to get credit for our ideas, for our intellectual property. Way too often our patent get rejected. Why it even happens? In music, Google ry rah Rye Rye. She's an artist out of Baltimore. Drake sampled her voice on Honestly Nevermind, along with other artists that have sampled her voice, and she gets no credit for it. She complains about it constantly on on social media. Nobody cares. Imagine my dismay when I turned on Beyonces before I let go and heard my voice at the very beginning of the track.
Speaker 1: I hadn't talked to.
Speaker 19: Anybody about putting my music on those Beyonce album I mean, my mama very happy about it.
Speaker 1: But that's my intellectual property. Same as Katrina Parrot.
Speaker 19: When the big tech companies come through and they take your ideas, they take your intellectual property, they get patents for it, there's nothing you can do about it. And Katrina Parent's done her due diligence, she's done the correct paperwork to get these patents for eleven years in counting, still nothing. So to the original question, did Katrina Parrot ever get her patent? The answer is no, not yet, And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 1: All right, well, slu to be do and thank you for those moments each and every day.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: Make sure you subscribe. So I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. On The Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast network. Every week, I mean every day during Black History Month, he puts out a new episode, So go check.
Speaker 7: Him out, all right, when we come back, you got the positive notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning warning everybody, it's j n V Jess Hilarie Charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club and today was just his first thing.
Speaker 4: How you feel I feel I feel so good, you know, I thank you for my my throne chair, thank.
Speaker 1: You for my gold balloons.
Speaker 9: They say, y'all some clowns, like how they got you spelled in like y e w w w O. It's like four more ws that y'all need to add.
Speaker 1: But whatever.
Speaker 4: But you know what was interesting to see interesting?
Speaker 9: It was interesting that when I first had announced, right, like everybody who was like all for me, right, and then you know, to hear everybody running their mouth like was the same people that was like, oh, you know.
Speaker 2: Off of me.
Speaker 35: I love that.
Speaker 9: I loved that, And then that's why I really liked like how it was rolled out. I liked how I because you know, to hear people not apologize is great. I don't really need no apologies, but to hear people to be like, just to hear silence. Now it's just so I'd rather you shut up than for you to not say sorry, because you know you don't be sorry about it.
Speaker 1: And I love that.
Speaker 9: Gary Owen he said he was gonna say something, but he didn't. I'm glad he didn't.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, you know, I got.
Speaker 9: Something to hold for everybody, so and so I'm glad that he didn't you know? And then I need for y'all to know I call these niggas trash all the time.
Speaker 1: This is how I talk. So that's so, that was.
Speaker 9: That was I'm gonna be calling y'all trash all the time when y'all have trash opinions.
Speaker 1: Called me trash old all the time. This is how she talk. And she told me, she told me so many times. They were like she ton'd and be the shut off. I'm like, she burned out my British tell.
Speaker 10: Me to shut up all the time. Guys, if you hear this all the time, that.
Speaker 1: A Baltimore thing, y'all call your grandma's dummy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, I'll make sure I'm fall away from mine.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I kind of like I'm on dummy.
Speaker 3: Say the same thing.
Speaker 1: But it's it's all.
Speaker 4: It's all cultural foot Baltimore.
Speaker 9: That's that's just how we are. So I love my brothers though. I love the fact that I'm up here finally though.
Speaker 1: You know, we love that you are here. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: I just don't know how long these office is gonna last. I told you six weeks. I give it six weeks.
Speaker 1: See the sweats I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm still gonna be coming in here looking fly like.
Speaker 1: Don't play with me.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna come in here looking like your like, you know, because I.
Speaker 9: Don't know why you got Scully on like, Yeah, that mays you ain't shaved that little bit of funds coming out. I've got two days ago, okay, yeah, because sometimes you look like you can sometimes you don't.
Speaker 1: With slippers on. Next time. I've been doing We've been doing this for thirteen years, so I don't care. Oh man, you got a positive I do.
Speaker 8: I just want to tell everybody out there, man, don't forget how badly you once wanted what you have. Now you are living in your blessing. You are living something that you prayed for. So always remember blessings are always coming to us. Man, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 2: You know'ta finish or y'all done