Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what y'all don't know y'all at all, So don't given them the bus bussings and boozy Steve boy Ye listening to to.
Speaker 3: I don't joy Joy.
Speaker 1: You know you love?
Speaker 4: You gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 6: I got to turn them out.
Speaker 2: Turn you probably got to turn mouth, turn out, turn a wad of the mony.
Speaker 7: Yup, come.
Speaker 6: Come out your back.
Speaker 8: Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man o man o, man Wow. I think about all the things God has done for me is overwhelming at times, and I want everybody to have that feeling and to sharing that feeling of completion and satisfaction. And the only reason I got this, and it's the thousandth time I've said it, is because I formed a relationship with my creator.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 8: That's it. That's that's it. I can't tell you as anything else else. You know, I've always had a strong work ethic. My father put that in me. My father's conversation with me growing up was always constantly about work hard, don't be lazy, be a man, do what you say you're gonna do. YadA YadA, YadA, YadA YadA. Man, I was so tired of my father at times. I was going, Man, what is with this dude?
Speaker 6: Right here?
Speaker 8: Man, every time we have a conversation, it's got to be about work. It's got to be about, you know, man, doing your best, trying hard, you know, working and being honest, do what you say you're gonna do. But that was his mission. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that now. I can't even I can't even put it into words when I think about my old man and what he was to me, and I just, man, I'm so grateful for that balance I had in my life. And then my father was a fighter. He fought on the weekends.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: My father used to come home with his with his clothes toe off of him. He put a fresh shirt on and he go back. My mom used to talk about my father fighting all the time, slick, while you are always fighting. You know a little bit of that rubbed off on me too. You know that that kind of got into me. And I didn't understand that either, But then I'm the same. My mother was a Sunday school teacher for forty years, so her conversation was never about fighting or anything. It was all about love and understanding and doing another that you would add and do unto you. My mom was a Sunday school teacher, so I learned about faith. I had to go to Sunday school, prayer meeting, Bible study, young people meeting, choir rehearsal. You know, I was a churchman so much I was actually looking as there's got to be an alternative to this, you know. I want you know, I was a little kid even I was thinking at one point, maybe I ought to look into Hell because there's got to be something cooler than this going on every day. It got that crazy for me. But the balance between those two people created who I am today. And I want you to understand that the things that you are in your past have helped create who you are today. If you view it the right way, everything that has happened to you in your past has happened to you for a reason, and it's usually for the good if you view it that way. But if you, on the other hand, or a type of person who can't move forward because you are allowing your past to stop you from having your future. Then you, my friend, are doing a disservice to your life. You are not honoring God's blessings. You are not taking advantage of the gain, knowledge, wisdom, and experience of your life. Example, if you are a woman and you are always talking about a former relationship, what he did to me. If he had not did this to me, I wouldn't be in this place today. I thought I had a man. Now I ain't got no man ahllah lah lah la lah if I you know, he came along and I was doing just swell. He just came in and he just lied to me. He lied to me, nod. He did this to me, Then he cheated, then he left. All of that that you're saying can very well be true. Have you thought that maybe maybe somewhere in God's infinite wisdom, that he knew that you had made a mistake in picking him anyway? Maybe he knew you had made a mistake in saying yes or I do to him anyway, or come on, move in? And so what he did was based on your decision now to say yes, I do or come on, let's move in together. That was your decision. You ain't go to him about this one. You made this decision. Based on that decision, and all the negative things that started happening, He allowed you to get away from it. Now how you got away from it, it's always not the choice of ours. See, you stuck on the fact that he left, that he walked out. But let me share this with you. When he was there, how good was he to you? How good was he for you? See, you got to stare at you got to look at the blessing. The blessing is. Now you are on your own. Now you walk in your house. Ain't nobody in there with a disruptive spirit. Now you go home. You could take your clothes off, walk around like you want to. Now you go home, you can sit down and look at TV or catch your breath if you want to. Your kids don't have to see y'all arguing all the time. Have you looked at the blessing in it? But now if you gonna keep looking at the negative, then guess what. Now you can't move forward because you keep allowing your past to keep you.
Speaker 6: From moving forward.
Speaker 8: If God has brought you through it, why don't you move on from it? Look, you got through it. He gone, He ain't coming back. He got somebody else, So you gonna sit there and just keep tripping. Becauts he gone and he got somebody else. Hey, pick yourself up. Thank God for the blessing. It didn't feel like a blessing. Why you was going through it, and all the pain of him leaving and the divorce and all that messed you up? Got it when you get through it, all of that. You ain't the first one being left. You ain't the first one being divorced. You ain't the first one been in a bad relationship. Pick yourself up, Thank God for the blessing, and move forward in your life, because maybe when you quit complaining, maybe you'll find out that God has something in store for you that he wants you to have, but he can't give it to you if you ain't grateful. So God gives you a blessing, but because you don't see it as a blessing, you ain't grateful for it. Now, guess what, You steady asking God to do something for you, but you ain't thanking him for what he's done for you, but you steady wanting him to do more.
Speaker 6: How does that work? How does that work? Man? That He should keep on giving you things when you ain't even working with the stuff he Didne gave you and I don't know.
Speaker 8: And I'm just using that one example that could go for me and too, vice versa, and so on and so forth. I'm just using that as an example. Now, why I laid on that one so long? You have to take that over God, that's all just sat I ain't pointing fingers at nobody in nothing, because I've been guilty on both sides of the coin. Who am I? But I'm just sharing with you what I had to do. I had to learn to stop allowing my past to interfere with my future. Moning show, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I've got sunshine on a cloudy day when it's called outside. I got the month of May in Junior's mind. That is a Jodasy song called Freaking You. It's not, it's called my Girl by the Temptation. Today is a wonderful day, man. I so appreciate it. God, Thank you Lord for waking us all up again, for getting us off our jobs, getting us ready to go to our jobs, getting us ready to go to school, to and fro back and forth, all of that. Appreciate you. It's a Good day, ladies and gentlemen. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior, the legend that is nephew Tommy Jr.
Speaker 6: You look you look real sunny today. Yeah I do.
Speaker 9: Man, I just got a question for you.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 9: I don't even know.
Speaker 10: So you know, it's an honor to have your family come to you to fix problems.
Speaker 9: You take pride in fixing your family's problems.
Speaker 6: Uh, it is possible.
Speaker 8: So then you get on out of my face. What I be trying to do, Man, I ain't got no time for this. I got so I told you I try to head off problem because if you remain let me explain something to you. If you are one of the ones in your family or the one who is doing well and people have access to you, there are people who are going to abuse the access. That are people who treat that access wonderfully. There are people who I know if they call me, something must be seriously wrong.
Speaker 6: And then it's some people that called that I know.
Speaker 8: Every time something wrong, I'm gonna be the fixed fil I know exactly who they are. I could tell I got a certain ring for them and everything. So it's not it's not that I take pride. I mean it's my duty sometimes because I used to suffer from guilt, you know, being a successful person in my family, I used to suffer from guilt, which I found was the most useless emotion in the world, guilt because guilt only serves the person who's applying you.
Speaker 6: So I don't suffer from guilt anymore. I am what I am. I have what I have.
Speaker 8: God has given me what he's given me, and he ain't give it to you because you didn't. You didn't want it. You didn't want But you can't look over here and see me with it and think you supposed to have some to get that off your mind. Hello, right, then that's unfair. Yeah, that's unfair. So why do you feel honored?
Speaker 10: No, I don't really feel honored about it. I feel good about it. I'm able to do it for him because we ain't hand about it in the family. To do we all had to put money together, you know, six the priblem Yeah, we got just mind now.
Speaker 8: Oh no, let me tell you man, I paid for most few. I think funerals is the thing that I paid the most for. Consistent because you know, you know, you know my family, you know they have life insurance, but they short, you know, they're old. They paid on five thousand dollars policy all they life. Then you know you can't bury nobody for five no more?
Speaker 6: Oh no, not publish.
Speaker 1: You care, but it won't be no public not have a repast and all of that.
Speaker 6: No, Anna, you're not gonna really see this cask whatever, you can do it.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, coming up next to his a nephew and run that brank back right after this. You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 5: What you got for his neph Sureley, I got side job cleaner, watch me work.
Speaker 6: Idiots got doll if you would.
Speaker 12: Robbie wanted to get an order in for some construction uh supplies I need to pick up.
Speaker 13: That's fine.
Speaker 7: What's your what's your company?
Speaker 12: Uh? The roof and Company company?
Speaker 13: Have we have we done this and form?
Speaker 12: No? No you haven't. This is my first time called. I heard you guys were pretty good.
Speaker 13: I appreciate the compliment.
Speaker 12: Okay, I know listen, Uh, I need to get this as soon as possible. Man, can I possibly pick up these supplies like in the next couple of hours.
Speaker 13: Uh, well, you know, no, it don't work. That fact kind of a quick turnaround. We got a little bit of a backup, but I can I can U My back depends on what you need.
Speaker 12: Okay, here's here's what I need. Man, I need five rolls of duct tape.
Speaker 13: Okay, that's no problem, that's quick.
Speaker 12: Okay, I need plastic. Man, listen, if you was gonna wrap up something in plastic that's like about uh six foot two in height and two hundred pounds, how much plast did you think I would need to wrap to wrap that up?
Speaker 13: In this is second? You're you're asking for plastic like a roller plastic.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm telling I need to wrap up something that's six foot two and like two hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 13: I probably would get about three.
Speaker 12: Yards four yards of possis Okay, okay, I need to get that. Then let me ask you this here. If you was gonna try to put some cement on that to hold it down, how much cement you think and hold it down?
Speaker 13: I'm more confused. You're running a roofing company, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm a roofer company. But I'm doing a little side work for some friends of mine.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, okay, I just got a little confused. Can you tell me this is Talish and Company? No problem, No problem, got.
Speaker 7: Some man waiting.
Speaker 13: You're you're trying to hold something more. I'm trying to Are you.
Speaker 12: Trying to hold something down? So? How many bags of cement do you think I need to hold down something that's two hundred and twenty pounds? Wow?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Eight bags, eight bags, eight bag.
Speaker 13: Eight bags, I would recommend at least.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, give me eight bags of cement. Now, just something else. I want to ask you. Do you have anything any type of cleaner man that can get that can get blood, I mean paint off the floor.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we got industrial cleaners some of that content.
Speaker 11: Industrial clean said, Well, well.
Speaker 13: He said, paint the paint or blood the frank Okay, yeah, I mean I've gotten that's your cleans lot Himes.
Speaker 7: You mean, do you have the preference?
Speaker 12: No, just whatever you could throw in there. I need that. Now, let me ask you this here. Do you have anything that can like just kill a smell? You know what I'm saying? If you know, if you don't want something to smell. You got anything for that?
Speaker 13: Wait? Mane something something some guy in your place?
Speaker 7: Is this place is something?
Speaker 12: Something? Did you do there?
Speaker 13: An animal or something you found? I mean, I'm kind of confused. You're talking about smell and clean up? Did you of animal.
Speaker 7: On a construction?
Speaker 12: A rabbie? Listen, man, just take the rder. That's all I need you to do.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, No, I'm sorry. I wasn't asking your business.
Speaker 12: I just it was a little concern.
Speaker 7: What are we getting?
Speaker 12: What are we cleaning up?
Speaker 13: And what do we I mean, I guess the are we cleaning up a tile?
Speaker 12: Fold?
Speaker 6: To clean up carpet?
Speaker 7: I mean, what's the what's the cleaner for?
Speaker 13: And what's the where's the odor?
Speaker 14: Of?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 12: All? I'm asking you? Do you have something strong en? Though? Like? Do you think ammania can can keep a smell down? What do I need to keep a smell down?
Speaker 13: You're definitely gonna need ammonia. I mean, you gotta get something to just scrub that right down, because I mean, wherever that sent is, if it's in your if it's in the walls. But you got fabriished in that place singing whatever.
Speaker 12: What you got it?
Speaker 7: You probably have to have a.
Speaker 13: Different type of deodorized or something for the carpet, something for the walls. I mean, I don't. I guess, I guess it's kind of confused just to as to where the things coming from.
Speaker 12: And don't worry about all that, man, he man, listen, just just right down. What the order is?
Speaker 7: Okay, I got it you.
Speaker 13: I got the five rolls of ductive, I got the full yard of plastic, I got the hate back of the cement, I got the industrial clean, I got the pneumonia. I'm I'm I'm typing it all in. I got I've got your order.
Speaker 12: Okay, let me man, do y'all have any type of machete? Anything? That's real? Shop?
Speaker 13: But what?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 13: Okay, hold on second, and now now you're completely off base. You do realize you call the hardware.
Speaker 12: Store, right, I'm calling as talk about I need some supplies. Man, I'm doing the job on the side. I need some supply.
Speaker 13: I get that, you said that already, but I'm confused about it. Now you're asking for a weapon. What what what would you do the machete for? I mean, you're you're talking about, uh what you you're gonna chop down some some some brush. I don't I don't, I don't get it. What's in the shaddy for?
Speaker 12: Hey? Man, listen, listen, y'all. Job is to take the order. Man, that's your job. Robbie, don't tell me what my job is.
Speaker 13: I know what my job is. This is my stole man, Okay. I've been working here a lot longer than you even can imagine, and people don't call up asking for a moonia and and cleaner and trying to get a smell out. I mean what I just I'm trying to figure out how.
Speaker 12: Best to help you. I'm sorry what I'm doing, Robbie, is you being nosy? You being no All you gotta do is feel the order and have it have it done in two hours when I get there. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 13: I can't do that in two hours. I can't even I were backed up with this point. I'm not even sure I.
Speaker 7: Can get this done.
Speaker 13: Maybe tomorrow morning, just tomorrow morning, work.
Speaker 7: For you, O.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 12: I got to get rid of this body. I got to get rid of this guy today.
Speaker 13: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. I need to call I need to call the policeman.
Speaker 12: You just said body right there. That's about white people always want to call the police when it ain't got nothing to do with them. Listen, all you need to do is fill the order.
Speaker 13: Okay. I need to tell you something. Okay, And I don't know if you if you found a body, I don't know if you're responsible for the body either the way. I don't want to be any part of this business.
Speaker 7: Okay. I don't know why you're planning or where you're.
Speaker 13: Trying to bury this thing, but you're basically asking me to be accomplished to something that's none of my business. Hey, I need your name right now.
Speaker 12: Okay, I I'm not giving you my name.
Speaker 7: You said, oh drooping.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, listen to me. You said your call from triphing company.
Speaker 12: Are you I'm not?
Speaker 14: I'm not.
Speaker 12: Hey, man, let me tell you something. Why your wife folks always trying to be a bot? Tell you why you want like white folks?
Speaker 13: What's your problem something about white folks talking about purple green, black blue book. It's not about white.
Speaker 7: It's what you asking for.
Speaker 13: That sounds like you trying to bury your body. Okay, that's what I'm trying to think of. Are you and You're not?
Speaker 7: What is your name?
Speaker 13: I need your name. I'm your name right now.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, you at work, you're not you can't. You don't want to be talking to me like this.
Speaker 13: I don't care if I'm swearing at work. My co workers, the people here, they all know who I am, and I know if I was talking to someone some people.
Speaker 7: You not just talking like this too.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna try just call I'm gonna get the cops on your figure out who the you are.
Speaker 12: Don't you want to know who I am? Do you know Marcus?
Speaker 7: Marcus?
Speaker 13: He works here?
Speaker 12: Okay, Marcus is who got me to call you? This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Alby Morning Show. Robbie, you just got prank by your co worker, Marcus.
Speaker 7: You have got to be kidding me.
Speaker 13: Marcus, Marc, I see you over there, I see you, son of a Marcus.
Speaker 7: Why don't you tell me this?
Speaker 12: Hey, I gotta ask you, Robbie. You gotta tell me this. Man. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 13: That's easy, Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, nephew.
Speaker 11: Coming up next as the clo you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news Steve Laurie Harvey.
Speaker 1: I think you know her.
Speaker 11: Laurie makes her Sports Illustrated debut in her very own Yevra swimwear line.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 11: Carla is here with the recap of last night's Grammy Awards and ponk Satani. Phil did not see his shadow on Groundhog Day, and in some very sad news, iconic actor Carl Weathers has died Apollo Cree. That's all coming up at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo Felicia in Lexington Colo Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey says.
Speaker 1: I'm five years younger than my boyfriend and.
Speaker 11: He talks down to me and calls me baby girl when his friends are around. I'm twenty three and he makes me feel like I'm not on his level or mature enough. He says, my age is not an issue.
Speaker 6: So what is it. I'm not really sure about this.
Speaker 8: I think he gets around his friends and he tries to take on a more domineering persona. You know a lot of some guys get around the frieze and they show out. It's real as simple as that. He could just be showing out a baby girl. Slow down. Come on now, you know you don't know nothing, but if a man not but I'm gonna tell you this now. If a man is talking down to you now, it's not gonna get better. So you have to you start.
Speaker 6: It's time.
Speaker 8: It's a good time for you to start evaluating why you're with him. And if you don't tell him, look, you're gonna have to stop talking down to me in front of people. It could continue and it could worsen. That's the best I got for you. I don't really know the particulars of how he's talking to you, but for you to write in you must be feeling some kind of way. So if you were my daughter, you know, I just tell you. You know, you might want to revaluate this situation right here, because you know this might not be going over. What's the benefits of the relationship you're in of all, because right now you're giving me the negatives. Are there any benefits other than you like him and you just spend some time with him. I wish people would stop doing that. Stop looking at the amount of time you done put into a relationship to determine whether you're gonna stay in it or not unless you're married and children are involved. See that adds that that heightens the equations on it. But if that ain't the case, then man, miss me baden. And then at some point, even if you're married with children, if you just living in a constant state of misery, that's not good either. So I'm not gonna do that. I don't recommend divorce to anybody. I do recommend it highly to myself though, all right.
Speaker 11: Moving on to Tatiana in Freeport, Tatiana says, my boyfriend and I have been together two years and he's my son, and we just start having sex when my son is home. He won't respect my wishes and hold it down during sex, he said, my son will be fine.
Speaker 1: Is he rude or is he right?
Speaker 8: No, that's that's really really rude. That's really really rude. Your son will be fine. No, this dude, he just want to do it like he'll He has no regard for this child. It's certain things a child don't need to be exposed to, and that's one of them them. Sounds of his mama coming from the room. You don't know what's going through that little boy mind.
Speaker 6: Man, that's just not healthy at all. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So see, man, No, the dude he needed. No, you need to put a stop to that. No, we're not doing nothing over here. If you can't hold it down and we can't wait until my son go to sleep and all this hell, then we not. It ain't happening over here. No, No, he'll be fine. See that's that dude right there. He's thinking only about himself. You have to consider the well being of the child first. I mean you his mother. Come on, dude, right here, he just want what he wants. I like, Holly, Well, the baby's in the room.
Speaker 6: Come to deal with it.
Speaker 1: The boy, the baby, the boy and the boy.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 11: Moving on to Weston and Newark, Western writes, one of my friends is marrying my ex girl, and they kept the relationship quiet. I don't talk to him all the time, but I think he should have told me. Did he owe me that courtesy or not?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Man, br they finna getting married? Bru Do you know how far up the road this thing and went? Nowt Nah, bruh, stay out of it. Let it go. He your friend, he marrying your ex. They kept it a secret because they didn't want nobody to knew. They didn't want nobody to know. He thought it was a little messy, and she thought it was a little messy. So you know how it is. You know you was your ex and then he was looking at her the whole time and she was looking at him the whole time. And they decided when they started seeing each other to keep it undercovers because they knew it would create this.
Speaker 6: Well, now they getting married.
Speaker 8: He don't owe you nothing, dog, Now I want you to understand something that ain't a friend and you thought he would.
Speaker 6: Hell, yeah, he got a location.
Speaker 11: Okay, so even if he didn't owe him that, Steve, couldn't he have just picked or is this not what men do? Pick up the phone and say, hey man, you know so you won't hear it from anyone else.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but see, yeah, i'd have did that. But if we, if were real boys, thought place that's kind of yeah, that's kind of sideways. If I'm talking about my real boys. Now, if I just know what, dude, that ain't nothing. Yeah, that ain't nothing.
Speaker 15: That one of my friends.
Speaker 8: But if we friends, though, we ride or die I'm not. We're not doing the second game, not with your girl, because there's too many women out here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not gonna do that. So now you understand that.
Speaker 8: That friend that you thought you had, y'all ain't at the level you thought you were.
Speaker 6: That's what at this point.
Speaker 8: Oh lord, if you had her on that waiting yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Go to the wedding.
Speaker 9: Yeah, turn the cake o.
Speaker 1: You got? Did anyone object to this wedding?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're fine, but this ain't nothing for you to lose. No sleep about they they made they getting married, man, they way up the road. Just just just chalk that one of them and say, okay, so I thought we were cooler than we really were, and just chalk that up. So you lost her and him, it ain't no problem.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, all right?
Speaker 11: Last one Fawn and Charlotte says, my birthday was on January fifteenth, and I didn't get anything for my birthday. My husband said, I'm over forty now and birthdays are no big deal. He's turning forty this year. Should I tell him that birthdays are no big deal? Should I be evil like him?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean, if you do it, that's you he said, at the rules. You know, so if you do it, he set the rules. But that's dumb fellas women's birthdays the woman you in a relationship with, it's important days anyway. Valentine's Day is important, Christmas is important, the anniversary is important, and birthdays are important them folk gifts a year now that ain't gotta be huge gifts.
Speaker 6: But you gotta do something. Valentine's Day. You can't let that go by because that's a national day to recognize your.
Speaker 8: Sweetheart, her birthday, that is her day. You've got to get her something. You've got to go h uh. And then then it's Christmas, and then it's anniversary. Now if she's a mother, Lord have mercy, that's another one.
Speaker 6: That's another. It's five times.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you something. Men don't get nothing for the anniversary.
Speaker 8: Me and don't get nothing for Valentine's Day, and me and don't and Father's Day. I strowly started making a movement. We need to counsel follows.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour. Thank you, fellow. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Hard Morning show, all.
Speaker 12: Right, So Carlor.
Speaker 11: The Grammys aired last night. Philisina, What happened whot Down the.
Speaker 16: Sixty six Annual Grammy Awards last night, hosted by Trevor Noah.
Speaker 1: Trevor did his thing. He did a great job.
Speaker 6: Yes he always does.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, La, it went down, star studying. Mariah Carey kicks things off. She was the first presenter. She looked fantastic at me, she was beautiful. Tracy Chapman performed her iconic song fast Car loved her with Luke Colmbe's Sizza Straight Fire. She killed and performed her song Killed Bill and Snooze Tasha.
Speaker 1: We were in the house Holland yelling for her.
Speaker 16: It was emotional when she won her speech, Best R and B Song.
Speaker 1: Stevie wonder you saw him?
Speaker 16: Surely he did the Tony Bennett tribute. Taylor Swift won her third Yes, yes, he passed away. You know how the Grammys, dude? Yeah, Yes, Stevie did his thing. Taylor Swift won her thirteenth and Grammy for her album Midnights, and she promoted she has a new album dropping in April.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 6: How you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all.
Speaker 16: Lenny Kravitz, he introduced John Baptiste and nesby Jimmy jam Terry Lewis for the Late Great Black Godfather Tribute to Clarence Avant. See that was a nice tribute. Nice tribute. Oprah. Oprah Winfrey was in the building. She introduced Fantagia Lord YESLRD.
Speaker 1: Yes proud married.
Speaker 16: Fantasia performed the Tina Turner tribute. She set the stage on fire. We gotta give it up to the sage.
Speaker 6: Room and watched that by myself.
Speaker 1: It's out of fast, baby thick fast was on the informance of the night. Yes, Yes, I love Tasia.
Speaker 16: Let's see the best new artist Victoria Monete.
Speaker 1: I told you how she was gonna win. Put that on my mama. Yeah, ye yep, I love it, love it.
Speaker 16: She won yup, Houston's own Junior Travis Scott from the Seri City, Texas. He performed, and uh, let's see the speech of the night jay Z with all the shade on stage. But you know what, jay Z, he just kept in one hundred about his wife.
Speaker 1: That's what it was really about.
Speaker 16: He took a moment, he won the Doctor Drake Global Impact Award and on stage he.
Speaker 1: Just kept in one hundred.
Speaker 16: His daughter joined them on stage Blue Ivory, and he did not come to play during.
Speaker 1: His speech, and JA, you just basically talked about I think last year.
Speaker 16: I don't know if you guys remember last year during the Grammys renaissance, Beyonce's album, you know, she won all of these Grammys and Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: Last year she did not win.
Speaker 16: And I remember watching the Grammys last year and I looked at the TV, like, what the Harry Styles. Harry Styles won Album of the Year last year. Harry Styles. And I like Harry Styles.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 8: I don't even know who he is, but let me just say this for him. This when you need Kanye, come on back there, ninety and you need Kanye, come on up in there and keeps well.
Speaker 16: And we all remember when Kanye got mad when Taylor won and he felt Kanye felt that Beyonce should have won, and he went up there and said, what was the best.
Speaker 6: Thing ever happened to Taylor Swift?
Speaker 16: But that was Taylor's moment. Jay Z took his moment, his own moment to speak about his wife. So that was what Jay did last night. And he talked about keep showing up until they give you.
Speaker 1: What you deserve. That was basically what he was saying.
Speaker 16: He talked about boycott's in the past from the Grammys. Remember when Will Smith and Jazz Jeff did it. They boycott and then they went home and watched the Grammars, but theocott by not going. He mentioned that, and then when DMX didn't get nominated or didn't win, and he talked about when he did the same thing. He said, I didn't go, but I went and watched it too. Well, yeah, so there was some yeah, some kind of boycott. So there were some things, but that was his point. That was Jay's point about the Grammys. You gotta keep you gotta get it right, get it right, show up.
Speaker 1: And get it right. So that was Jay's message.
Speaker 16: How you feel about that, Steve, Well, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm a I'm all I'm good with if you speaking the truth. What he said was factual. Ye, I'm not good when people up there speaking their opinions as truth and they really are live. So I support that one hundred percent. Anybody standing up for their girl, I'm with that too, you know, I'm just a proponent of that. So I like, you know, yeah, yeah, he said, when I'm nervous, I tell.
Speaker 1: The truth truth.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you know that right there. You can't get mad at the brother for that. I think he's done so much. I think a cat like jay Z, who has done so much, he's earned the right to speak up. I mean, and he he has a voice that's worth listening to. We have to be careful in our culture who we give a voice to. Everybody that speaks up, don't need to say nothing. Some people need to be quiet. Stop listening to liars. Jay Z is not known to be a liar.
Speaker 6: He's just not.
Speaker 8: He's a hard worker, he's accomplished, he's he's he's sheer greatness.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 6: Oh man, he that dude.
Speaker 1: Culture.
Speaker 8: So those are the people you lended ear to when they have a voice. Be very careful because of this thing we live, the world we live in today, be very careful of who you who you give a listen to. You know, stop letting fools direct your life and your thoughts.
Speaker 11: All right, call black woman, come a black woman, Thank you guys. Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we will have a black History moment right here on the Steve Harvey Morning Show, and we will tell you how Steve Harvey himself is making history right after this you're listening morning show.
Speaker 1: Well, February is.
Speaker 11: Black History Month, and this year's Black History Month theme is African Americans and the Art, and it aims to explore the influential African Americans in visual and performing art, literature, fashion, folklore, language, film, music, architecture, culinary and other forms of cultural expression. So on that note, may I have a drum roll please, mister Harvey.
Speaker 1: We want to honor you, sir.
Speaker 11: You are the first black host of the hit TV game shows Family Feud and Celebrity Family Feud, and this is your fourteenth year hosting Family Feud. So we got to say congratulations to you in this Black History Month. Steve Harvey, all right, congratulations you history.
Speaker 10: You see that?
Speaker 1: Oh here boy, we had time.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You all so much energy, that same energy.
Speaker 6: No, this is how you accept it, humb.
Speaker 8: You don't go up there wow man by time like I don't want to thank me.
Speaker 6: No, I ain't.
Speaker 8: That was a great speech. I wouldn't make it right hand, all the things I was supposed Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 8: You know what, man, It's like really crazy for me when I look back on it all. I look back on it all.
Speaker 6: You know. I got agree Old back in November. October.
Speaker 8: November, I received Agree It was didn't add to November, but I received the tv Icon Award of thirty years of Television. I can't even tell you, man, how that just came up on me.
Speaker 6: And I didn't realize it.
Speaker 8: But I was in the same room accepting an honor that Kevin Hart was in, Eddie Murphy was in, Denzel Washington was in, And to be in that same room on the same night, it was really really humbling for me, man, because what God has done for me. I just did not see it coming. You could not have told me that I would have lasted in television this long, you know, because it's just been it's unheard of, it really is, man, and it's just been like, it's been a lot of first for me. First first black to host a pageant show, you know, mister Universe, I did.
Speaker 6: I was the first black to host New Year's Eve show. You were the first black to say the wrong name.
Speaker 1: Shot Fire.
Speaker 11: You were doing Family Feud since twenty ten, Steve.
Speaker 6: Congratulation, I'm taping right now. Year fifteen.
Speaker 1: Wow, congratulations how many did Richard Dawson do.
Speaker 11: Richard Dawson did from seventy six to eighty five? All right, long running, congratulations Steve. Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, she will be here. Who you ask, Sister Odell? Right after this you're listening hardy morning show, ladies and gentlemen. As promised, she is here, the one and only Sister Odell.
Speaker 17: Yes, jeesus, my lord, my lord, my lord.
Speaker 6: Good mornings. Everyone, go down ULLI College. You on your time in Mississippi.
Speaker 17: David morning?
Speaker 6: Do David in there? You know I like him. He works on the board. He don't say nothing. Yes, he's a member hood, yes, ma'am. Yes, wonderful. Good morning.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Shirley, Well news, Sister Odell.
Speaker 11: I just good morning to you. I just wanted to say, you know, Valentine's Day is coming up, and we kind of consider you an expert in love and stuff like that. Yeah, you've get married, you know, you've had your relationships and everything.
Speaker 1: So eleven husbands, Wow.
Speaker 6: That day now that dad, that's axe, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: That's definitely qualified you as an expert.
Speaker 6: Got it going on cracking and popping? So you can't water me down. I'm still.
Speaker 8: Milk, chocolate, milk, four milk, old mill rice, milk, cab water.
Speaker 11: Same thing en crackling pop baby. Well are you getting ready though? For Valentine's Day?
Speaker 15: Is there someone?
Speaker 8: And you know I have to do women's women shouldn't have to get ready for Valentine's Days.
Speaker 6: There's some responsibility. Mean, we will just be there.
Speaker 1: But you know what is you gonna do a lot of women these days by their partner or.
Speaker 8: That was wrong with these hepos these days they see they y'all, y'all in mess around and let these men's.
Speaker 1: Just reverse the trends on it.
Speaker 6: You ain't probably do all that for them, stop doing for them? They post?
Speaker 14: Do you?
Speaker 8: You know you got these little rapper boys and sit up and change and rund got you talking about what you're gonna.
Speaker 6: Bring to the table and all this What is your rabbitad bringing to the table?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 8: And so that ought to be to stop the ground right here. Why is I got to show you what I got to the table?
Speaker 6: Why you come up?
Speaker 8: Tell me folk? Because you saw something on the table, you want it? That's right, And that's what it comes up to the woman faut. Now you come up there and all of a sudden you got a whole lot of.
Speaker 6: List of what we need to be.
Speaker 8: Well, what is you damn come on dropping if you can't buy a box of hand there some damn flowers over Valentine's there. You ain't finna get what you're seeing on this table. We are pulling up this tablecloth. I'm telling you that right now you won't see what's under this table flaw.
Speaker 6: Bet your laugh.
Speaker 1: I like that when when you take us to school like that, when you're edge waymen? Is this shine now, shary De?
Speaker 6: Your women didn't letting these boys get away with too much.
Speaker 17: Make these young men's be men's.
Speaker 6: Okay, before you start showing them how much a woman you eating?
Speaker 1: Yes, Smith, what does that mean? Exactly? Break that down for people.
Speaker 8: Who don't passing out your cookies? Come people that ain't bringing milk?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh okay. The whole word today says so damn think.
Speaker 6: Of this best right here?
Speaker 8: All these little young girls going to you're watching these are Dardashian girls on TV.
Speaker 6: You want to just go have a baby without a husband, You better get.
Speaker 8: Yourself a man first and quit worrying about what you see them Dardashian girls.
Speaker 4: Going on nothing.
Speaker 1: Dardashians, Carla.
Speaker 8: They got money, they have keys home, they want to They got babysitters and nannies and security.
Speaker 6: You ain't got nobody's ain't nobody but your mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right. So you believe in like the man should be the provider.
Speaker 6: That's what they made for. What mans don't want to provide.
Speaker 17: That's your job.
Speaker 1: But nowadays, sister Odell, you know they have the women taking care of the men. Men stay high and the women go to work.
Speaker 6: I wood take care of me. You want to be out of your mind.
Speaker 8: No, that's right, you little shit, your ass at the house talking about you and mamma daddy.
Speaker 6: No, you ain't not a mean he ain't mamma daddy.
Speaker 1: Well whatever they call they sail mamma daddy. What's this like a dad?
Speaker 11: Mom?
Speaker 6: All these here, mama daddy? You know where a man stay home, take like.
Speaker 1: A house husband, say, get your ass or job somewhere.
Speaker 5: The hell.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you sister Odell for that word.
Speaker 11: Today, ragged ash man, Hey you leave well, happy Valentine's today? All right, coming up, n it is a nephew with Today's prank phone call. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is I need to move out, but he won't let me. We'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few but right now it is time for today's prank phone call with the nephew.
Speaker 1: Nephew, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Let me, let me let me first.
Speaker 5: Uh, I gotta thank New York City man, Manhattan, Oh my god, y'all came out and hung out with the nephew Saturday night at the NYC Winery, two sold out shows. Appreciate your man, Thank you, thank you, Thank you everybody. The w b l s came out. Miss Ann Tripp came and hung out with me. It was it was all changing. So I would say, thank you.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: Got a gift last night. I mean, I got a gift on Saturday night from miss Ingrid Dixon. It's Ingrid Dixon and she is waiting for me to have Ready to Love after sixty. So that's something I have to talk Yeah, ready to Love after sixty, that's something I got to talk to will pack about because that's what I get everywhere I go from everywhere I go to airport, them all anywhere. When you're gonna do something for people that's in the sixty crowd, we need Rented the Love sixty.
Speaker 6: Tell me.
Speaker 5: I think it'll worked, though, Big Donald, I think it would possibly work. Rented to Love.
Speaker 6: Holy Season, Yes to one or two week version to Well, that's not that.
Speaker 5: But you know what, Actually I said that we should do a nice weekend, a nice four day weekend or something.
Speaker 6: If it works, work.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: See, well, it's like the record label when the last time you've seen a six year old person get a record deal, because we need three albums out y'all to complete this deal.
Speaker 6: Chances of that happening. But they did gold numbers. They did, they did golden.
Speaker 1: On It works, Run, Hit Getting Married very much, it was hit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ABC, I ain't like how that sounded, right. No, No, it's not, it's not and it's not I was making a race reference.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just being rich. I ain't talking about the age. I'm talking about the race.
Speaker 8: Now, be careful, it's gonna it's gonna play out differently because we different towards each other. It would be okay, man, if we would be supportive and loving and respectful and cheering for each other.
Speaker 6: But we've changed in our culture, man, we've changed for each other at all. Oh hell oh hell no, do you know the dogs? You're gonna get that hate that's gonna go that way? Look at her? Why he looked like that?
Speaker 1: Who wants.
Speaker 17: Braud?
Speaker 1: They do it to the young people, now, I would be mad if they did that to older people.
Speaker 8: You can please paying yourself to get mad that internet man that in and then I'd love to see it personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be nice. It would be a nice change. We're gonna roof a.
Speaker 5: Love well miss Ingrid Dixon, miss Ingrid. I don't know if we're gonna do it.
Speaker 6: Well, they can do it, but let's make it. Deal. If you do it, Tommy, let's just get more. Tell all the old people they have to sign the paperwork so we can put some other used effectitious names, Ingrid, Agnes, Abigail. All of that ain't good TV.
Speaker 15: Come on, Tommy.
Speaker 6: Prak this is super Bowl Trip. Super Bowl Trip. Let's go.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach you. You Martina, Please I'll see you not in right at the moment.
Speaker 7: Can I take a message or something I can help you with?
Speaker 12: Uh? Actually, I'm giving a call to make sure double checking on confirmation for mister and missus.
Speaker 7: Now, man, now that may be a mistake because she's going by herself. I'm not going, so that should be missed.
Speaker 12: That's all, okay, All right, Well I'll tell you what we have. We have our schedule.
Speaker 14: We wanted to make sure we gave the confirmation and uh, you know, with a big weekend like this, we're double checking and making sure everybody's actually coming and getting their rooms because you know, you're subject to get charged for it. And we definitely have the honeymoon sweet waiting on her honeymoons.
Speaker 7: We man, we've been married seventeen years. What's you come about? Honeymoon?
Speaker 6: Sweet?
Speaker 12: Well, we got missus.
Speaker 7: What's the name on that?
Speaker 12: Miss Martina? Is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That's my wife? Yeah, all right, and we've got Tony as well.
Speaker 7: Who who is Tony?
Speaker 12: My name is Vernon? Say what now?
Speaker 7: My name is Vernon? Who the hell is Tony?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 7: Wow, we we have where this is uh the wrong one. I think y'all got the wrong one man.
Speaker 12: Okay, did you guys make reservations here at the hotel and for the super Bowl weekend. My wife is going to this.
Speaker 7: Weekend to be with her sick auntie. That's what she told me. Now, I don't know nothing about noose, but you know what, Yeah, keep talking to me. Yeah, okay, twy, keep talking to me, because, uh, this will getting really interesting right here.
Speaker 12: She's coming to I have a mister and missus Martina and Tony are coming. We have the honeymoon suite here for the super Bowl weekend, checking in tomorrow and checking out on Monday.
Speaker 7: I don't now you know what this is right here, because see now I got to said. She told me she was going to see her seek auntie, and I told her cool, I paid for the damn ticket myself. I got my tax returned back and I paid for my damnself so she can go out there. And you're telling me this help for the main reservations and out let's clok.
Speaker 12: I mean, what the hell I mean? Now?
Speaker 14: Uh? Uh?
Speaker 7: Victor, Victor?
Speaker 12: What's your name again?
Speaker 7: But my name is Vernon, Okay, mister Vernon, sir.
Speaker 12: I first of all, I do apologize. I'm just a. You know, I'm here and in the reservations, and basically they just got us calling because it's a big weekend and you know if you if you don't come in your your car will definitely get charged. They gotta stu.
Speaker 7: Well, y'all been not charged nothing to my car. Don't charge. Matter of fact, I want to cancel this reservation. She can fall back in as far as I'm concerned. This is the met will walk up in here right now. They don't walk up up in there right now, because see this is this.
Speaker 12: Okay, let's let's just slow Let's slow down a minute. Le's slow down. Maybe there's just a mistake here.
Speaker 7: I mean, no man, uh uh the honey, I'm sweet at the no one she told me, no wonder, I'm like. She teld me she needed two hundred dollars for them hotel, me for the hotel room.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Well actually it's well they must be splitting in here. It's it's it's about four hundred and something to night for this room.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, she will say that much come up there and wedding ring.
Speaker 12: Wow. Okay, well I'll.
Speaker 7: Tell you what, sir.
Speaker 12: Is there any way I can I can call back and speak to Martinez.
Speaker 7: So I can I never in life call back to this okay, because see if you call back here talking about this, because yea, I don't know you know me answer this phone. Okay, this is her phone. She would to go runn erring for me. But don't you never call this phone back again because see, she ain't coming, not this lifetime.
Speaker 6: She's not.
Speaker 7: But uh, you know what, I want to thank you though, I appreciate you let me in on the rules up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, knew it. Okay, okause, mister Bernon scared? Slow down, some man hang on. Okay, now listen. What I have to do is I have to talk to the person that made the reservation in order to cancel it. Now. I don't any means you're counseling right now, but I need to hear that from miss Martina that has trust me.
Speaker 7: When she gets back, you're gonna even talk to you. You can cancel it now. I'm telling you now, cancel it. It ain't gonna be no honeymoon. Okay. We've been there for seventeen years, we got folk kids, and I'm sitting back here. No cancelor now, I'm telling you.
Speaker 12: The counselor I cannot cancel it without speaking on her.
Speaker 7: I tell you what your best better is to cancel that because if you put a charge on that, I'm gonna drive it and find Joe. What's your name? Excuse me, what's your name? I'm Brian, Sir, Brian, if there's one charge with my credit, but I will find you, sir, mean you do you have Tony's number where I can call him and.
Speaker 12: Maybe you know what you know.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have Tony's number in a minute, because I.
Speaker 18: Got her phone.
Speaker 7: I'm just go through it and find it because this is some and she gonna do it with Tony. So if you called back here, you're not gonna get her because she's gonna be over.
Speaker 12: There with that. Okay, sir. Now there's one more person that's on the schedule on the room.
Speaker 7: One more personal.
Speaker 12: They're doing the freesome. I'm not sure. Now I got another person on the on the schedule on here.
Speaker 7: This can't get no worse. Come on, Reddy, you.
Speaker 12: Want to I'm sorry, you want the name of your I the name, yes, come on with it.
Speaker 7: You can tell me everything else.
Speaker 12: Okay, I got a a uh somebody named nephew Tommy excuse me, hey man, and this is nephew tell me man for Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife got me the prank phone call you.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm gonna I'm a at that, hey man. Okay, that's who she's been talking to you on the phone. Yep, all right, yeah, you got me. I got hey.
Speaker 12: I gotta ask you what is the baddest and I'm talking about the baddest man radio show in the land.
Speaker 7: Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, thanking for you.
Speaker 11: Coming up next Strawberry Letter, the subject I need to move out but he won't let me.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, it is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationship, sex, parenting, work, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com.
Speaker 1: By clicking submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 11: We could be reading you a letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 6: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here.
Speaker 1: It is strawberry and let us thanking a few subject. I need to move out, but he won't let me.
Speaker 11: Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm thirty seven years old and my sister is forty five. I'm staying with her and her living boyfriend of seven years. I've been having sex with her boyfriend, and it started after I was here only a week. For years, the sexual tension has been strong between me and her boyfriend, but I was married at the time. A few years ago. She mentioned it, but she wasn't mad. I wondered if it was on her mind when I moved in with him, but it's like she doesn't care at all. She confided in me that she has a new man and she's trying to figure out if he's a sure thing or not before she breaks up with her boyfriend. She said that I need to help keep her boyfriend's mind off her when she sneaks away. I have been doing exactly what she asked me to do. I don't think she cares, but I know she would flip out if she knew all of the things he's done to me in her guest bedroom. Her boyfriend is gentle and he guides me through the experience with soft whispers.
Speaker 1: And kisses. I am about to lose my mind because it's that good. But what we're doing is so bad.
Speaker 11: Before I get into deep, I told my sister's boyfriend that is time for me to move out. He almost cried and said I can't go. I waited two weeks and told him again that I was moving out, and I gave him a date.
Speaker 1: He told my sister and she begged me to stay.
Speaker 11: Either my sister is aware of what's going on and she doesn't care, or she's planning to attack me in my sleep. He doesn't want me to move out, So should I keep this arrangement for a little while longer?
Speaker 1: That is her question.
Speaker 11: Girl, Please get out of your sister's house today. I don't care if she has another man or not. It's still not right what you're doing. This is your sister. I mean, come on, she opened up her home to you. This is how you show your.
Speaker 1: Gratitude to your sister. You didn't even wait a week before you started sleeping with her man.
Speaker 11: I mean, you're sleeping with her man in her house. By the very definition, this is just wrong. He almost started crying. Did you say when you told him you were going to move out. Of course he did. You're easy, You're convenient. Why would he want to let someone so accessible to him go? He doesn't have to do anything because you're right there at his back and call. I mean, he's living a dream and he wants to keep it that way. You moving out will mess up his good thing. I hope you see that. I really hope you see that. You gotta go, Sis, Stop doing this to your sister, who's been nothing but kind to you.
Speaker 1: Get out, get your own place. And you know what, I'm glad you're not my sister, Steve.
Speaker 8: You know when you write this letter, and I think the question is should I keep this arrangement for a little while longer? That's really the question. Should I keep this arrangement for a little while longer? That's the There is no should I get out now?
Speaker 6: Should I? How should I break this to my sister? Do you think we should all talk it through? There?
Speaker 8: You don't want none of that. All you want to know is at the end of the letter. So should I keep this arrangement for a little while longer? A this letter right here has so much that nobody in this letter is okay. Nobody in this letter is right nobody in this letter is. I mean, what are y'all doing? I got consensual. I know what the term consensual means, but everybody's consenting to a bunch of bulls. So you thirty seven, your sister forty five? You staying with her and her living board friend for oh of seven years. I've been having sex with her boyfriend and it started after I was only there for one week. For years as sexual tension has been strong between me and her boyfriend, but I was married at the time. A few years ago, she mentioned it, but she wasn't mad. So I'm saying you, I guess you said it a few years ago, your sister.
Speaker 6: Would you know what?
Speaker 8: I see how you and Ray Ray look at each other. I see that y'all need to y'all watch y'allself now. But she wasn't mad. A few years ago she mentioned it, but she wasn't mad. So I wondered if it was on her mind when I moved in with them. Hell yeah, how you think it wasn't She mentioned it twice to you, and then you moved in.
Speaker 6: She knew that when you moved in, but it's like.
Speaker 8: She don't care at all, She confided in me that she got a new man and she trying to figure out if he's the sure thing or not before she breaks up with her boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that then gave everybody the green light to do what they want to do.
Speaker 8: I'm assuming she said that I need to help keep her boyfriend's mind off her when she sneaks away.
Speaker 6: Now hold on, let me say this.
Speaker 8: The dude that's in the middle of this hill, aw, didn't my fortune smile on him?
Speaker 14: This?
Speaker 8: How in the world this happened, This gift, this incredible moment of ecstasy, was just provided for me a girl that I had been looking at over a seven year period that I had some strong sexual tension. He happens to be the sister of my girlfriend. She's having trouble in her marriage. She moves in with us, and in one week we ain't fantasizing no more, were actually doing it.
Speaker 6: And then my wife, who's.
Speaker 8: Seeing somebody else, my girlfriend, who seeing somebody else, tells the.
Speaker 6: Girl to keep me occupied. Why she all sneaking with her bar friend?
Speaker 11: Hang on, hang on, Steve living right there, we have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour today Strawberry letter, subject I need to move out but he won't let me.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter that subject I need to move out but he won't let me.
Speaker 6: I've never read a letter with so much pain and pleasure in it. I'm just concusing. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I won't to be happy for the dude, right, But you don't really want advice. I thirty seven year old lady, and she got a sistan that's forty five, that's been staying with her and her living boyfriend.
Speaker 6: She got a living boyfriend of seven years.
Speaker 8: The lady that's writing a letter says she's been having sex with that living boyfriend and it started. I was there after only a week. For years, the sexual tension has been strong between me and her boyfriend. But I was married at the time. And then a few years ago she mentioned it, but she wasn't mad. I know it's some sexual trench between you and layby, but she wasn't mad at the time. I wondered if it was on her mind when I moved in with them. It was on all, y'all, it was on everybody's mind.
Speaker 6: It was on her mind. When she offered the place. He went along with it.
Speaker 8: Like, well, if your sister really need a place, I just I'm okay with it. And then you were, ohh there's sexual attention between me and oh, I hope they'll let me stay there. It took y'all one week to figure it out, and then y'all start doing each other. But you say, it's like she don't care at all, because she confided in me that she got a new man and she trying to figure out if it's a sure thing or not. Before she break up with a boyfriend, she said, I need your help to keep my boyfriend's mind off of her when.
Speaker 6: She sneaks away.
Speaker 14: What what?
Speaker 6: Who gave me the gree?
Speaker 8: You gotta live in hall pass, You got a green light, you got consent, you got the okay, And I have been doing exactly what she asked me to do.
Speaker 6: You was doing it before she asked you, and I don't think she cared.
Speaker 8: But I know she would flip out if she knew all the things he's done to me in their guest room. She would flip out. She knows something happening, and what you think he ain't done it to her. That's how you get to be alive in.
Speaker 6: For seven years.
Speaker 8: You think what's happening in that guest room is crazy. You ought to see what's happening in that master girl seven years here? How you think he got.
Speaker 6: Good at it?
Speaker 8: Keep it in that practicing in the master. So when you come to the guest room, you just say, have it at your house. Her boyfriend is Gumple. He guides me through the experience with soft whispers and kissing. I'm about to lose my mind because it's that good. But what we're doing is so bad. Now, before I get in too deep.
Speaker 6: She said.
Speaker 8: Now let me stop right here, she said, before I get in too deep? How much deeper?
Speaker 17: How much?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 6: Before I get in too deep? Girl? How much deeper do this water get? I told my sister's boyfriend that it's time for me to move out.
Speaker 8: He almost cried. Now, I ain't giving consentedou this letter. But if I was the boyfriend and he told me that, Hell, I cried to you to you don't even understand. He ain't got to go nowhere to cheat. No, he ain't got to sneak to cheat.
Speaker 1: It's right there.
Speaker 8: The wife, the girlfriend want you to keep him occupied while she await, and you okay with it, and he ain't got to go to work.
Speaker 1: But I cry too perfect.
Speaker 6: He cried and said I can't go.
Speaker 8: I waited two weeks and told him again I was moving out, and I gave him the date. He told my sister, and she begged me to say, either my sister's aware of what's going on, or she don't care, or she's planning to attack me in my sleep. First of all, your sister ain't gonna attack you to sleep. If that was gonna happen, that would have been happened. It ain't no way no woman gonna wait this long. She would have been done you. You are the convenient arrangement. She has your sister know you, She know what y'all doing. Ain't nothing happening in no woman house. But that's stending free of the time, and she don't know. She had an inkling y'all was up to something before y'all got into it. She just bought you in here because now that's gonna help her figure out her move with her boyfriend. So she is aware of it, and she done begged you the state or she gonna plan on attacking you in your sleep. That would have been done happen. But you ain't got to worry about that because he gonna save your life. I can promise you that he's the one person that all dive in front of that night because he can't let nothing happen. You the goose that laid the golden egg. Ladies no way in their heads. I'm telling you right now, you the prize and you the catch me out. Hey, ain't nobody got this go this me and listening to this letter, going oh, how can we speak? Because the fool I live with ain't allowing none of this to happen at birth, I can't even make a phone call it a bathroom with the lights out without this flow of gas. He doesn't want me to move out, So should I keep this arrangement for a little longer?
Speaker 6: Lady?
Speaker 8: Look, it seems to me like what you're really hoping for in the back of your mind is that your sister goes on gets with this new boyfriend. So you could have hugged her boyfriend all to yourself. But I'm gonna tell you right now, he's not gonna keep you, because it's hard to go from second to first. Very few people get to moved up from a side chick to wife side chicks. They rarely make the cut at wife. They make it sometimes, but for the most part they don't. He gonna be off somewhere and looking for this situation again. I don't know what to tell you. I don't care what y'all do. I really don't. I really don't. But if the dude could write in and tell me how he pulled this off?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, your leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harb FM and check us out. I'm a Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Coming up next, Juniors in the building with Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hard Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and sports Talk.
Speaker 15: What you got Junior?
Speaker 10: All right, Shirley, you know yesterday uncle was the Pro Bowl. Did anybody watch it? Didn't nobody watch flag football game? I couldn't tune in for that. Yeah, gradually I can't watch the flag football game.
Speaker 17: Can't.
Speaker 9: I can't pull myself together to do it.
Speaker 10: Also with other dudes Man, Lebron James raised my eyebrows over the tweet that he put out over the weekend. Man, it was just a tweet of an hour glass with no no text on it and explained it.
Speaker 9: So everybody expect like, what does that mean? Like to me, he wanted to be traded.
Speaker 14: Do it?
Speaker 9: Do it mean he run out of time for you know, his career. We don't know what it means. He just asked about it.
Speaker 10: Yes, it we don't know. They ain't even ask he asked him. He wouldn't even explain it, Like, what did it mean, Bron? He said, nope, I want to talk about it, so you know. But you know, Rich Paul came out his agents and said, hey, Lebron James has never been traded in the middle of the season. He is committed to the Lakers. And they did beat the Knicks over the weekend. I don't know if you saw the game off, but it was a really good game. But Lebron James and the end of the nine game winners.
Speaker 8: I don't want to basketball on TV this time of the year. When do you start watching playoffs? When they care the playoffs? Yeah, that's when you see basketball. They play in the playoff.
Speaker 9: So what they playing now?
Speaker 8: They don't they just bashing forth up and down. Yeah, every now and then you see a good game, some rivalries play or something. Game get tight. But I wait till the end of.
Speaker 10: The season, not even after the after the All Star game. You ain't watching them like when he racing it he did to play on my dog playoffs?
Speaker 9: Got it all right? Let me ask you this now. Now, you know the super Bowl week is starting up this week, you know, so we're getting ready to I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't even pay no attention to that super I used to really get caught up in that super Bowl hype for two weeks.
Speaker 6: I don't think that no more. I go now this week, right here, I start kind of listening.
Speaker 10: A little bit, you know, Yeah, yeah, I got you because I was gonna ask you because you know, US is doing the halftime show. Who who's the best halftime show you've seen? Because they're saying right now, just Lopez and that they had the best one.
Speaker 6: I give it, damn what they said?
Speaker 1: Who's said you said that? Last week?
Speaker 6: Yeah they had a good show. It was a nice show. Okay, but.
Speaker 8: Well I saw Prince, I said, my time show uh, Beyonce and that one they did with Dre and Eminem and all them. That was that thing, right, that was strong Man, that was you know, but but but but but Jennifer Lopez did a good one.
Speaker 6: Now I've seen something.
Speaker 1: Rihanna last year was fire.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because you know, I just don't think they're asking us.
Speaker 6: I just think they just you know, well, Usher Finn to come in here and show y'all something listening to me.
Speaker 8: That dude is a show boy. Yeah, boy is a real showman. Don't you think nothing wrong about Usher? Raymond.
Speaker 18: You gotta give me full name because because because Roscoe Wallace and his grandfather was cool, she's rare.
Speaker 6: Father attended at Raymond.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, a guy set up a meeting with his girl and his side chicken.
Speaker 1: Things didn't go so well. He needs your advice, Steve. Right after this, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 5: Steve.
Speaker 1: This is from BK in Florida.
Speaker 11: B K says, I was dating a beautiful introvert and I messed up and cheated on her. After we broke up, I was sick. I told her I would do anything to get us back together. She said she wanted to sit down with the woman that I cheated with. Against my better judgment, I set up a meeting for the three of us. My girl took one look at my side chicken called her TACKI buck tooth bee. She also said her weave was terrible and her shoes were cheap. This woman didn't deserve that.
Speaker 1: So I told my girl to check. She got up and left.
Speaker 11: Now she won't speak to me. She said, I defended my side piece. Is this a lost cause?
Speaker 6: And dog, you stupid.
Speaker 8: When she said, if you want to do anything, get back to me. I want to meet your side piece.
Speaker 6: And then you said, okay, but you have to understand that why would your side pieces?
Speaker 8: But as soon as she sat down, oh you left me for this buck too, raggedy hair, having heffer wear, she bast shoes, and she was right about all that. This was a first appearance. She was right about all of that. But she didn't deserve that. Dog, what's wrong with you? You got to be young man, How did you think this was gonna go? First of all, why is it necessary that she sit down with the girl you cheated on her with? Everybody want that meeting? Those meetings very rarely ever happened?
Speaker 5: Who is she?
Speaker 14: Who is she?
Speaker 6: Who is she? Put on the phone? Don't do that either, dog, don dog, There was no good could have come out of this.
Speaker 1: You're telling them, right, Steve, so bro.
Speaker 8: The lesson than this, you can you can write this off, man, you can't do that no more. Do you know why you should never cheat again? In you do you know why you should never cheat again?
Speaker 6: Stupid?
Speaker 1: Stupid, he said against a better judgment. He did gainst what you're doing for.
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 1: But buy some shoes though, dog man, you can't like that, and some more hair.
Speaker 6: Or some fix man them little shoes that smile at you when she walked, You know how your shoes open up on each side and smile.
Speaker 8: But you you know when you walk in your feet crep your shoes got the smiley mouth different.
Speaker 1: Teas shoes though I didn't know they had a name for it, but her mouth, smiley mouth shoes.
Speaker 6: What which I know exactly what I'm talking about? When the end step step wrong side? Keep ass shoes?
Speaker 11: All right, all right, I think we have time for one more, Steve. This is from Addie and Moss Point. Addie says, my boyfriend has a drawer at my house because we've been together for almost two years and he spends a lot of time here. I have put my things in a plastic I have to put my things in a plastic bin at his house and he slides it under his bed. I thought it was because his apartment is tiny and messy.
Speaker 1: But is he hiding my things? Am I giving him more than I'm getting? M?
Speaker 8: Well, you and a band? And yeah, yeah, I mean it is tiny and messy, that's for sure. He probably want your stuff in the bend with an ad tight lid on it. Yeah, because he filtered it, so I wouldn't read too much into it. He probably don't have a drawer to give you. What's his stuff in?
Speaker 6: M see?
Speaker 8: You know you gave him a drawer. There's really nothing wrong with that. It's in a band under the bed. He ain't got nowhere for it to go, he messages, so I wouldn't read too much into that.
Speaker 6: But you gave him a drawer. He gave you a band. What you need to do is when he out the room, you need open the drawers he was in.
Speaker 8: Somebody else got to draw over that and that yam anybody else got a drawer?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Because you just got a little plastic band up under the bed. Don't will everybody?
Speaker 11: There's more bends I all right, all right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 11: So there's a new Wendy Williams documentary coming out. It's called Where Is Wendy Williams. It's going to premiere on Lifetime.
Speaker 6: When Is when We? Yeah, you ought to do the announcement for the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, get ready for Where When Do We Woo woo?
Speaker 6: Straight out of the When Is City.
Speaker 11: It's happening February twenty fourth and the twenty fifth. It's going to explore the events that led to Wendy's led Wendy to disappear from the Spotlight. It's going to center on Wendy's struggles with money, alcohol, and mental health. The trailer was released Friday, and in the clip, Wendy is heard saying, I have no money and let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: If it happened to me, it can happen to you.
Speaker 11: Wendy's sun and sister both appear in the documentary and express that Wendy is not mentally well. The interviews in the documentary are done by the people closest to Wendy, so it's not clear why they're exposing Wendy's current condition.
Speaker 1: Again, Tommy, what's the name.
Speaker 14: Of the show?
Speaker 1: Where is? It's in two parts.
Speaker 11: It's gonna air February twenty fourth and twenty fifth on Lifetime.
Speaker 15: You don't want to miss it. The street in the same neighborhood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after.
Speaker 1: We'll play a round of would you water?
Speaker 11: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. It's time now, guys for a round of would you rather? Would you rather be a pastor or a lawyer?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: I'm crooked a lawyer some stuff. I'm not visiting the sickest shutting in here we go?
Speaker 16: Oh that on?
Speaker 6: I ain't coming to my office telling me your problem.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, well, you don't need to be a pastor. That requires compassion for you know, I.
Speaker 8: Don''t go down there every Sunday, every your job. I don't forget about every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sundays you want to chill. Yeah, the game as pastor you're up.
Speaker 6: Hey man, we're gonna have to move. We're gonta and my service gonna have to move around.
Speaker 11: What do you mean.
Speaker 8: Different playing that Sunday where we haveing church at all and super and super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 1: We all completely okay?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: So you'd rather be a lawyer? You guys rather be lawyers?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 11: Would you rather turn up the TV while your wife is talking? Or would you rather pretend to fall asleep?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, b I tried.
Speaker 6: I'm going asleep. Yeah, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: You better go to sleep. Turn the TV up while your wife.
Speaker 9: Is I turned the T while she was talking.
Speaker 1: She ll plugged it, ripped that whole TV off the wall.
Speaker 6: Just fall asleep, you know, I really am with this whole You cannot turn that TV up though?
Speaker 1: All right? Would you rather would you rather have a bear in your backyard? A bear? Or would you rather have your ex in your front yard?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 9: Yeah, put the bear back there. I ain't got to go out there.
Speaker 6: He in the backyard.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm gonna try to talk to bad it we come bare, I'm gonna have a discussion.
Speaker 6: I know what it's the same thing. Hell, well, I solved that problem. I have my exit in the front yard, and then after us come round back.
Speaker 1: Let me you.
Speaker 6: Should be coming up the driveway. I'll be looking out the window a little bit more terror.
Speaker 17: Terror.
Speaker 1: That was really bad, so terrible to make perfect.
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Last one?
Speaker 11: Would you rather speak your mind twenty four to seven or just do whatever you want to do? Twenty four to seven?
Speaker 6: Do whatever I want to.
Speaker 19: Do, whatever, no repercussions, whatever you want to know before seven, Please do what I want to do.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks, guys, that's today's rounded.
Speaker 11: Would you rather coming up next to our last break of the day and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Monday.
Speaker 15: Steve, I think, Junior, before we.
Speaker 10: Get out of your hockey, I gotta ask your opinions, Yeah, man, let me ask. So we was our smoke cigars?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 9: I don't know this guy.
Speaker 10: You know, you know, but you know it's all the one guy in the group when you're smoke and it's gonna try to say something vocaty and it's a group of men, and we just understand how he could do that. He said he loved his wife so much that he thinks about just taking her last name. Is that ever possible for you all?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 6: No, But he can go ahead and do whatever he wants. Yeah, yeah you can't. That whip.
Speaker 8: Situation ain't be nothing else or else. Her family got some money, so I don't know my wife so much. I'm gonna take her last name. But they about to get married.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, he's her last name, and.
Speaker 8: I see, let me explain something to see. Here's what then happened, And she done told him he not changing.
Speaker 6: Her last name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So now he to prepare his group of tears and said, you know what, I love my wife so much, I'm thinking about taking her last name. Because she said she's not going to change her last name. That's what didn't happened, because where does that come from? Yeah, her last name. Well, what has happened is they've had the discussion that she done said adamantly, I'm not changing my last name. So now he's sending here talking about I love my wife so long. See that little punk move right there, you know, because I mean for me that that would be a deal breaker. If you don't want my last name, then I understand that.
Speaker 6: Then cool.
Speaker 8: Then you don't you don't want to join me, you want to stay you And that's cool, and wei'll need to get married.
Speaker 6: Let's just keep dating. If Hall Bearry is here, I mean that I need to be Tommy Barry. I'm gonna be Tommy.
Speaker 1: Barry, Tommy Bearry all day long.
Speaker 6: Can be Tommy. Go ahead, I ain't lasting.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you questions.
Speaker 16: So if your wife, this woman in your fiance, she has a lot of money, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: Like Jeff Bezos money, Steve billions would change I'd have been Tommy Smith.
Speaker 6: Steve.
Speaker 19: Yes, So there are some conditions to it, Okay, but put it in lights, Steve.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but that's so offensive to you. If if the woman doesn't want to take your.
Speaker 6: Name, well yeah, it's that.
Speaker 8: That to me is a deal bro And why because I'm not finna take your father's last name. I'm not gonna do that because what about my father and and the man he raised me to be, and the man you said I do too? That that ain't who you really want? What we ain't doing all that? I don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that all that is it offensive when the lady keeps her maiden name and and and has that uh you know once she used both of.
Speaker 6: Them people, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think hyphen nation would bother me so much as you're just not gonna take my name, you know.
Speaker 6: I would, I would, I would be a little bit bugged about it.
Speaker 8: But I could also understand if you want to continue to honor your father that way, yeah, you know, and then I'm okay. I would be okay with that hyphenated. But my last name is don't be on that paperwork or else.
Speaker 6: We're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care what if she made more money than you if you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's going to do with that?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I mean really technically, it has nothing to do with it. Me and my heart across on the reel. No, I don't care what you make on the I don't.
Speaker 1: Care what real answer.
Speaker 16: So, now, when when I got married, my maiden name became my middle name, I stopped legally using my middle name until my maiden name is my middle name.
Speaker 1: Now Pherreh is my married name. So I'm cool with that, yeah, but I have no hyphen in it. But some people do it.
Speaker 16: Some women get married and they don't use their husband's name, like Tommy was saying at all. It's not that they don't say that their husband has to use their name. They just don't use their husbands last I've seen.
Speaker 14: Not do that.
Speaker 8: You see we're not doing that. Going back to it, Well, my dog, you know you're just asking me.
Speaker 6: I'm old school. I'm old fashioned. You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And that's why I am with it. You know all y'all doing heyn. Let me tell you something. All this new stuff, it ain't working. It's not working, dog, dog, it's not working. This new way of living, this this this moving in first, he's having all these kids first. It's not working for the average woman. Man, there is an order to this thing. The reason that was an order was to protect the woman, to give a woman right. You can't you can't get it. Later on, you moved in to a house, ain't got your name on the deed. You you moved in and you are it's bank accounting. Your name ain't on the bank accounting. And he gives you money as he sees fit.
Speaker 6: This dog, this what all all this new stuff, the new stuff ain't working.
Speaker 7: And listen to this.
Speaker 8: All these pre nups do you know? And this is honest to God's truth. I have never met a couple that had a pre nup that did not use it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have That's what I don't.
Speaker 6: I ain't nothing we had to build, wasn't nothing to.
Speaker 8: Pre nupt We didn't have no, we didn't have the nut for what, nothing to pre Now when I got with Marjorie, I had a little bit, But yeah, I just knew this was it. I'm betting on at all, all or nothing for me. That's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. Hey, listen, y'all talk to God today because he probably be open to listen to what you got to say than I am.
Speaker 6: Y'all, have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow. Carl, I ain't know you were walking around with at him.
Speaker 11: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show