Speaker 1: All right, so Carlor. The Grammys aired last night, Philodina, What happened whining down? The sixty six Annual Grammy Awards last night, hosted by Trevor Noah. Trevor did his thing. He did a great job.
Speaker 2: Yes he always does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, La, It went down, star studying. Mariah Carey kicks things off. She was the first presenter. She looked fantastic a me, she was beautiful. Tracy Chapman performed her iconic song fast Car loved her with Luke Combe's says a straight fire. She killed and performed her song killed Bill and Snooze. Tasha and I we were in the house holling, yelling for her. It was emotional when she won her speech, Best R and B Song, Stevie wonder you saw? I'm surely he did the Tony Bennett tribute. Taylor Swift won her.
Speaker 2: Third Tony Bennett fitty.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he passed away. You know how the Grammys, dude? Yeah, Yes, Stevie did his thing. Taylor Swift won her thirteenth and Grammy for her album Midnights, and she promoted she has a new album dropping in April. So there you how you do it? Yeah? Y'all. Lenny Kravitz. He introduced John Baptiste and Nesby Jimmy jam Terry Lewis for the late Great Black Godfather tribute to Clarence Avant. See that was a nice tribute. Nice tribute. Oprah, Oprah Winfrey was in the building. She introduced Fantasia. Yes Lord, Yes, proud married. Fantasia performed the Tina Turner tribute. She set the stage on fire. We gotta give it up to the sage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, other room and watched that by myself.
Speaker 1: He's out of fast, baby thick fast was on that influence of the night. Yes, Yes, I love Tasia. Let's see the best new artist Victoria Monete. I told you how she was gonna win. Put that on my mama. Yeah, yep, yep, I love it, love it. She won. Yup, Houston's own Junior Travis Scott from the Seri City, Texas. He performed, and uh, let's see the speech of the night jay Z with all the shade on stage. But you know what, jay Z, he just kept in one hundred about his wife. That's what it was really about. He took a moment. He won the Doctor Dre Global Impact Award and on stage. He just kept in one hundred. His daughter joined him on stage Blue Ivory, and he did not come to play during his speech, and Jaw he just basically talked about I think last year. I don't know if you guys remember last year during the Grammys Renaissance, Beyonce's album, you know, she won all of these Grammys and Album of the Year. Last year she did not win. And I remember watching the Grammys last year and I looked at the TV, like, what the she give it to Harry Styles. Harry Styles won Album of the Year last year, Harry Styles. And I like Harry Styles. I love.
Speaker 2: See I don't even know who he is, but let me just say this for him.
Speaker 3: This when you need Kanye, come on back there ninety and you need Kanye, come on up in there and keep it one hundred, one hundred plus.
Speaker 1: Well, and we all remember when Kanye got mad when Taylor won and he felt Kanye felt that Beyonce should have won, and he went up there and said, what.
Speaker 2: That was the best thing ever happened to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: But that was Taylor's moment. Jay Z took his moment, his own moment to speak about his wife So that was what Jay did last night. And he talked about keep showing up until they give you what you deserve. That was basically what he was saying. He talked about boycott's in the past from the Grammys. You remember when Will Smith and Jaz Jeff did it. They boycott and then they went home and watched the Grammys. But they did boycott by not going. He mentioned that, and then when DMX didn't get nominated or didn't win, and he talked about when he did the same thing. He said, I didn't go, but I went and watched it too. Well, yeah, so there was some boycott, Yeah, some kind of boycott. So there were some things, but that was his point. That was Jay's point about the Grammys. You gotta keep you gotta get.
Speaker 2: It right, get it right, show up.
Speaker 1: And get it right. So that was Jay's message. How you feel about that, Steve, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm good with if you speaking the truth.
Speaker 2: What he said was factual.
Speaker 3: I'm not good when people up there speaking their opinions as truth and they really are live. So I support that one hundred percent. Anybody standing up for their girl, I'm with that too. You know, I'm just a proponent of that, So I like, you know, yeah, he said when I'm nervous, I tell the truth.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know that right there. You can't get mad at the brother for that. I think he's done so much. I think a cat like jay Z who has done so much, he's earned the right to speak up. I mean, and he has a voice that's worth listening to. We have to be careful in our culture who we give a voice to. Everybody that speaks up, don't need to say nothing. Some people need to be quiet. Stop listening to liars. Jay Z is not known to be a liar. He's just not. He's a hard worker, he's accomplished, he's he's he's sheer greatness.
Speaker 1: He's in hip hop ah man, he that dude culture.
Speaker 3: So those are the people you lended ear to when they have a voice. Be very careful because of this thing we live, the world we live in today, be very careful of who you who you give a listen to. You know, stop letting fools direct your life and your thoughts.
Speaker 1: All right, all black woman, come j all black woman. Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we will have a black history moment right here on the Steve Harvey Morning Show, and we will tell you how Steve Harvey himself is making history.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show