Speaker 1: Sound.
Speaker 2: This is my level sound.
Speaker 1: This is my love this is my level sounds.
Speaker 3: This is my love wound, this is my land.
Speaker 1: Sound.
Speaker 2: This is my lovel sound.
Speaker 1: This is my.
Speaker 2: What's the harmony for that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, not right now.
Speaker 2: That's your thing. You're really good.
Speaker 1: I'm a little Friday, I'm a little.
Speaker 2: You're frying.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, my fucking it's not frazzle, thank you. That's the word I was looking.
Speaker 2: But one of your gifts is being able to quickly figure out the harmony. And I wanted to show off to the audience that you're good at that, but maybe you're not feeling it today.
Speaker 1: Sound. This is my level you sing that part sound, This is my live I can't do it right now.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, you know what.
Speaker 4: It's sucked up in the brain right now. It just can't happen.
Speaker 2: It's too high. This is my level something like that sound. This is my level something like that sound.
Speaker 1: This is my legvel sounds six seven eight sound this sound. This is my last song sound six seven eight sound. This is my leveable.
Speaker 4: Close.
Speaker 1: The last note is kind of the same.
Speaker 2: Now we'll have to line those up because we have a bit of a delay so Donald Daniel will line it up so we sound better sound.
Speaker 3: This is my left.
Speaker 2: Sound.
Speaker 1: This is my left.
Speaker 2: When we sing in T mobile commercials, we go into the booth and uh and when.
Speaker 1: I come up with them harmonies, I came up with that last one. They won't raise your rate set team Mo Mo.
Speaker 2: What happens is I go in and I just lay down the melody and the best I can. And then Donald goes in and he lays down not only his melody, but then like four harmony parts. And I'm like, do you guys want me to go in and lay down some harmony parts? And they're like, no, we're good, thank you.
Speaker 5: Rude, I'm proudly damn it.
Speaker 2: No, he's got such a good voice. And then he and then the guys are like figuring out the harmonies with Donald, and then he sings all of the harmonies like as though we have a choir. But it's just Donald's got a great voice. You both have great voices.
Speaker 1: I'm the Ralph. I'm the Ralph Tresvan of the band.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that reference is, of course you don't. Is it boys to men close? What is it?
Speaker 1: New addition?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: Oh calm down, Geez, Louise, you didn't know.
Speaker 1: Man. If you knew it wouldn't I wouldn't be so fucking frazzled.
Speaker 2: You guys. I saw billboard for a new spider Man movie with Dakota Johnson. I want to know what the spider verse. I want to know what the what the superhero fans in the in the post? You think about this? Are you excited? Your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Oh? Wow, Dakota Johnson's pretty. She's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: She's beautiful. Huh. I really do think she's so beautiful and she's so real. I do think she's a movie star. She's very charming.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she's dating my boyfriend Ellen.
Speaker 2: She's dating my boyfriend Chris Martin. But that's not the question. The question is what you two superhero love?
Speaker 4: You said, what about what she took?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: She did? What I said? She's dating my not Joelle? What did you say?
Speaker 5: I said that she's very pretty?
Speaker 4: And what do you say after that?
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to repeat it? Something about Ellen?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Talk about took down Ellen degenerate?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody knows, they saw it.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what that story is, but I'm not interested. Tell me about your thoughts on this new movie. Are you excited, Donald A. You're bringing the kids in the in your in your communities of superhero fans. Is everyone geeked? What's happening?
Speaker 1: You know a lot of silence here at I'm gonna be honest with you, and.
Speaker 2: We only want the fans only want honesty.
Speaker 1: I will only give you honesty. I don't know much about Madam Webb. I am excited to see all of these uh interesting outfits because they're definitely opening up the Spider Verse more with these characters.
Speaker 2: Look at your will's face, Well, why are you why are you censoring yourself? Okay, we don't want to upset Sony. Sony. Sony wants you to be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's they don't. But it's frustrating.
Speaker 6: It's very frustrating to be a woman who likes the superheroes and then female at superheroes movies come out and you're like, what it's happening and why here's my biggest issue. Uh, Madam Webb in the comics is a old, cranky bitch and she's awesome. Uh, And they were like, what if we made her young and sexy? I'm not interested, not interested in a young, sexy Madam Web. She's supposed to be old, supposed to see everything. She's like literally lives in another dimension like this.
Speaker 1: She's kind of what Loki is at the end of Loki. She's kind of that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And I think if Helen Miren is down to do fast and furious movies, there's no reason you could have called Helen Miron and been like, Hey, what this really weird one off character and she would have been about it, and I really feel like audiences still would have been about it. The Sony universe is confusing to me. I don't understand it. I want to love it. I'm just not I'm not here for it.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 2: Wow, you can understand. I guess the studio executive going, yeah, but what if she's hot and sexy, like to cut it.
Speaker 5: I that's her answer to everything, And.
Speaker 4: I think that's where some of it's failing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: As far as I can't say this about Disney yet, but as far as Sony goes, when it comes to Spider Man, they've missed every time, even Venom. I like Venom, you know, I like, you know, kind of, but when it comes to the Spider Man movies, it's not up there with all of the rest of them, you know what I mean, it's it's actually toward the But this is just my opinion.
Speaker 2: No, just the animated versions. I'm clear you like Phil and Chris's work.
Speaker 4: That Shit's fired.
Speaker 1: I think that's the top of the list right there when it comes to Spider Man. But it's really interesting, like if you're gonna and also if you're gonna, if you're gonna make the fill and Chris Spider Man, why not stick to that and you know, connect everything, you know, just like the Disney Verse has kind of done it, The Disney Marvel verse kind of has done it. Like all of these things don't make sense, and you know, there's kind of a tag here and kind of a tag there, and then they pull it out and it's just been It's a mess, is what it is. As they say, as you're as Mandy Patampkin said in Wish I was Here, it's a mess Aiden right, Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he probably said something like that. I'm impressed that you remembered a quote from which I was here. And also you remember my character named Aidan. Thank you Donald, Can you explain to me Joelle, our resident pop culture expert, why does Sony have the rights to Spider Man and not why is it not with Marvel?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 6: Okay, So before Marvel became a studio, they licensed a lot of their properties, particularly in the nineties, the comic book industry had a boom and then a bust. So when they went bus, a lot of the comic book companies were like, we'll sell off our IP so people can make movies out of it.
Speaker 1: Before could they have Blade? Originally too?
Speaker 5: They did?
Speaker 1: Was that a New Line?
Speaker 6: I thought it was Sony, but it might have been New Line. I cannot remember which production.
Speaker 1: That's that's the point. Everybody was fucking grabbing what they could.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So basically that's why Marvel started with Iron Man. At Superhero almost nobody knew about it's when they still had the IP. And then a few years later there's a great uh saga when Kevin Faigie went and saw, oh gosh.
Speaker 5: So lady Sony, who's the head Amy Pascal Pascal?
Speaker 6: I actually, yeah, Apparently sandwiches were thrown. There was like a big fight. They were like, hey, we really need to get in on Spider Man, and they were like, we are you try it from our cold dead hands. But eventually peace was made and now Marvel and Sony work on the Spider Man movies together, but not the Spider Woman movies.
Speaker 2: All right, But my question is this. I heard some I read something online that could be totally nonsense, that if Sony doesn't put out a Spider Man every so often, they lose the rights. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know how the specific I can probably come up with these specific terms and agreements to it, but they do have to continually release stuff or it reverts back to Marrow.
Speaker 2: That's a sick deal. And but I mean for for Marvel, because they're saying like, unless you put it out every X amount of years, it's gonna be taken away from you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's for better or for worse in terms of the movie quality when you have a gun to your head being like put out a movie. But it's a good deal for Marvel.
Speaker 1: I imagine I would just consistently call Disney and be like, let's put out another one. Let's put out another one.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, no, because you can confuse me because you said Disney, what do you mean.
Speaker 1: If I were Sony, Because Sony and Disney put those movies out together, that Spider Man that we watched Sony and Disney product.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry. I thought that Tony just had it themselves.
Speaker 4: No, no, no. I would consistently call and.
Speaker 1: They've already bought in uh Andrew, they bought in Toby. I would consistently be like, look, we started and I would call Phil and Chris. We started something with the Spider Verse situation. Let's freaking attack it hardcore.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If you want to introduce Madam Webb and the rest of these characters, introduced them through that story. You know what I mean? If you want to introduce Venom, this ambient and all of that stuff. I know you had it before, but introduced them now with that story going on, and because there's just so much Spider Man now, and you know it's not interesting if it doesn't all connect. What am I going to see?
Speaker 2: Well, my Madam web is its own separate thing, right or does it all connect?
Speaker 4: It all connects.
Speaker 2: It's those comic books. I guess there's another big movie coming out that I know nothing about it. I did see the trailer called Argyle that's coming out very soon. I don't know what you've heard about. That looks fun.
Speaker 1: I want to see the new Ghostbusters. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Also looks cute.
Speaker 2: How did you see the other one? The other young perced?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: You know? Like a huge fan? You know, I'm a huge fan of Paul Rudd. He and I go back.
Speaker 2: Oh were you guys in? Have you guys worked together before?
Speaker 4: A long time ago?
Speaker 2: Why do you look so melancholic all of a sudden, like you're like you're pondering your past.
Speaker 1: I'm just turning fifty this year, and so when I think about how long ago that was a long time.
Speaker 2: Again, his skin is like I saw Ty Diggs by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, speaking of good skin.
Speaker 2: Ran into Take Diggs and he said, how you doing? And I said, I'm great. We always talk about how beautiful you are.
Speaker 1: What did he say when you said that about how we talk about him?
Speaker 2: He smiled and gave me a hip hop hug.
Speaker 1: He gave you a hip hop hug. That's only Ta Diggs could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a solid hip hop hug in.
Speaker 1: Tate Diggs got a straight up rap name, Ty Diggs.
Speaker 2: That is a rap name, Tate Diggs. I found this backpack, you guys, we were gonna make for a second. We were considering making fake Doctor's Real Friends backpacks, and so we got a one off and Joelle, I feel like we should find the right fan to give this too, because it's kind of amazing and it's one offul times.
Speaker 6: I really like, I think, okay, yeah, I have a copy. It's great, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: I don't think you don't think we should just throw that up in the merch store. That'd be kind of fly.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't know why we never made this audience to describe it to you. It's a black backpack, and then our faces are on the front pocket the picture that's our icon from.
Speaker 1: Our you can zip our face on open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can zip our faces open. And then here's the best part, you guys. Because this was a what do you call it a product demo? What do you call it a prototype? They made two different kinds of straps. This one has the eagleing on it and this one has our heads on. And I prefer this.
Speaker 1: One that's kind of dope.
Speaker 2: Oh you liked it. It's both different.
Speaker 1: Donald, Absolutely, this thing is.
Speaker 2: Kind of fly. I mean, obviously I can't wear it because that would be so ridiculous.
Speaker 6: But well, you know, we've put out a really specific challenge to our fans to be like, hey, tell us, you know which episode of season nine rocks your world and why and maybe best answer, when's backpack in the nine.
Speaker 2: And you will find out why we didn't make this. It's so ridiculous. Maybe it would maybe the price point was too expensive and it was stupid, But it's pretty amazing. It's a really great it's a good back Look at how when the pocket doesn't align, our faces are messed?
Speaker 1: Is the backpack sturdy?
Speaker 5: Is it a good backpack or any.
Speaker 4: Type of backpack that goes in the freaking frame?
Speaker 2: No, this is like high quality. I mean, I imagine that's probably why we didn't make it. Maybe the price point had to be too much money or something, because it's not a piece of ship. It's a good backpack. I don't know, Joelle, we look into that because I saw I was cleaning up my house and I found this and I just started laughing and I definitely think someone should win this as a prize.
Speaker 5: Dope, let's do it?
Speaker 2: Or should we get an episode? Donald count of sin baby girl.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure we made about a bundle, he said, so YadA YEA.
Speaker 2: Very funny episode. Very funny episode. By the way, Donald, we should discipline Daniel because he actually really fucked up today.
Speaker 4: And we're going to put this in the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say so. Last week, well, yeah, last week. What happened was Donald and I right off the bats started talking in an R rated way.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no no. We should have saved it for this week first of all. And you started talking about it in an R rated way when you said something about tickling. Okay, that's all I need to listen. You said, you, how do I tantalize the audience? I want to tantalize?
Speaker 2: Was actually the word I was looking for and I just couldn't think of it. Thank you for reminding me of the word tantalized. A good one anyway, not that this podcast doesn't get R rated all the time, but because we were so right off the bat, we said, well, maybe just put a both slight warning in case kids, you know, parents turn it on and they're right away into talking about waxing taints, and Joel recorded it was all good. Podcast goes up. They don't think about how many children you scarred today?
Speaker 3: Why it was what in the taint?
Speaker 2: Mommy? What is narring a taint?
Speaker 1: Mean?
Speaker 2: Daniel apologized to the moms who had to explain taints to their children.
Speaker 3: Apologize to the mod not just that, okay, to whom am I apologizing?
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: She was hilarious, hilarious always. There's the funniest thing was that now we've had Casey, we have this text chain audience so we can like give notes and talk to each other. It uhould be just the four of us, but now we added my assistant Mark and Donald's wife Casey, who often is his assistant. And the ship is funny that the ship, that the dialogue that happens in that text chain is funny. No, the best part was like when Casey wigsing because she doesn't know the context, I'd be like.
Speaker 4: What is this episode about?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be like, Joelle, do you think we should cut X, Y or Z? And like it's something crazy, like dirty or something, and Casey's like, what are y'all talking about? By the way, did you see Casey's cameo in this episode? No, No, your own wife, Casey has a background cross. I wrote it down.
Speaker 3: I got to go back.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to go back.
Speaker 2: And look, bro, I wrote it down. Then wait down, audience, if you want to write it down ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't have to apologize, Daniel.
Speaker 2: No, I want his apology ten minutes and eighteen seconds in Casey Cobb is in the background if you want to see what she looks like in the Mahamas many years ago. Go ahead, Dan, to both of you, to Joelle, to the kids and the kids, I apologize for leaving you hanging, for forgetting something and skirting my responsibility to this podcast to be the best editor possible. So for that, I apologize.
Speaker 4: You are the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dale. You're great. You're great, You're great. I was just worried about the children down and they get them, of.
Speaker 1: Course, because you know, fake doctors, Real friends is for the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as much as.
Speaker 1: Forever Wu Tang forever.
Speaker 2: I know that most parents who listen to the show know that they shouldn't well, what's up to them, but that this content here is explicit. But I only felt concerned because we went right in like there was no loob.
Speaker 4: We went straight cocking balls away.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so we're gonna need to record another one for this episode.
Speaker 2: It becomes a full time thing, which you will has to give morning.
Speaker 3: It's gonna PLoP it on the front of all of them.
Speaker 2: I never even got to hear your warning because the version I heard Daniell forgot to put it on. Joel, do you want to recreate your warning.
Speaker 6: For us, something like, Hey, guys, it's producer Joel here told you know, we start the show off pretty rough. We get a little a little wild in here, so if you want to skip that, you can just go straight to the fifteen minute mark.
Speaker 5: We'll have cleared the craziness.
Speaker 6: Of that fout minutes of just but we got.
Speaker 2: Into Klonics, we got into Anna bleaching. It was a lot. It was a lot. I all personally found it all hilarious and informable and informative that we both said that and informative. Although now I'm concerned because I got the naire and one of you all looked it up and said don't put.
Speaker 3: It on my head. Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Do it, don't. I don't want to hurt my balloon not.
Speaker 6: You know, audiences don't do it, and ZAC definitely don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Maybe if I put some tape on my balloon knot and then just put it all around so like like a painter's tape, and it won't.
Speaker 1: I just really hope that everybody understands what you mean by a balloon nut.
Speaker 2: I think they can put together, not.
Speaker 1: Unless they have a balloon tied and can look directly.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't think if I put painters tape on my balloon knot and then narro it around it, I'd be.
Speaker 5: Like, yo' supposed to go anywhere near that area. I was not even hes here on my own life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this episode's going to need another warning.
Speaker 1: Now do you remember your first time hearing balloon nott and how you were like, holy shit?
Speaker 4: That is the best description.
Speaker 2: I don't. But do you remember who was I feel.
Speaker 1: Like someone on the Jay Jay mar J Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was he was on Scrubs and he's the one who said that we where we were like saying funny words. We've heard for the anus and I think he won that day with balloon.
Speaker 1: He definitely won that day Balloon not It's certainly memorable. I'll never forget I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. Let's get in the show Scrubs. Very funny episode. It's the part two of the Bahamas and the episode opens with Bill's dad, Bill Lawrence's father, whose name is Van v N like Bill's character in the episode, and they he's sitting with Kelso and Kelso steals his Bahama Mamas.
Speaker 1: The opening for this the the the way that they do the recap was very, very funny to me. The opening of this show is a page of jokes, of notes and how many jokes there were. It just goes like it was ridiculously funny just the first before. But I can't do this nothing but joke, joke out the joke at the joke. It's all in recap as well, so let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Are some of the ones that you laughed at. I laughed at the introduction of you seeing the Mermaid.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 1: Ja played black Selena.
Speaker 2: Selena will remind you was Sarah Chuck's stand in and she played uh, the Mermaid, the beautiful, mysterious Mermaid. JD calls Turk black woman, black woman. I laughed at that shit.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry my.
Speaker 1: People, I'm sorry my people, but that shit was funny. Black woman. And then Jad says, oh, look a cute little eel and then says no, I'm naked, and he goes, all right, that is you.
Speaker 2: We made that up on the day, I remember, and that was very funny. That's that. I never thought that would make the episode. It's funny. ABC's weird standards like you can't show rob and a banana hammock, but we can describe your penis as an eel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can have a say I don't like the way it's looking at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stand over here because I don't like the way it's looking at me. I laughed.
Speaker 2: And then what do you say? You go, Yep, it's got a mind of its own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, its tone, So.
Speaker 2: Your penis is sort of disconnected from your body and moving around like an eel and then giving me the stink.
Speaker 4: Eye because it's got a mind of its tone.
Speaker 1: It in this in this case, it literally has a mind.
Speaker 2: It It really has a mind of its own. Yeah, that was very us in the water. I have so many funny stills of that with the teeky necklaces around our necks, like in my in my photo library of us. That's just I was a funny memory of shooting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do this is.
Speaker 1: This is throughout my Facebook pay Like when I go through Facebook, this always shows up. Not that I'm on Facebook all the time, but if I were to go to Facebook and somebody does have a picture of me, you and I, it's usually us posing.
Speaker 2: We look good. And I think everyone everyone got in shape for this because we all knew we were going to be shirtless this.
Speaker 4: You know, I would love to be that small again.
Speaker 1: That's like back in the day when I was like a twenty you know, twenty eight in the waist area.
Speaker 2: You want a twenty eight, you were at twenty eight.
Speaker 4: At one point.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I just bought these pants. Have you ever bought pants that were like your aspirational wayte size?
Speaker 1: I do that all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to manifest. I'm trying to manifest being a thirty. So I bought thirties and I'm wearing them right now and I have to undo the top button because I'm not there yet. I'm trying to I really like to pants. See these pants, this fucking camera.
Speaker 3: Look like there's some stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At one when I was doing kick Ass Too, I got all the way down to a twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm usually a thirty two, but in this new diet, I was ordering pants and they didn't have a thirty two. So I said self, I'm manifesting I have a new waist size. It's thirty because I really want to go. Hey, they're fine when I if I suck it in, but I'm going to a place where they're gonna fit fine without sucking in. Are you gonna join me on my ten thousand steps day?
Speaker 1: Get a little ring like yours, and we're gonna go on little hikes together.
Speaker 2: So I would love that. I wonder how many of the audience members are actually going to take me up on my ten k steps a day challenge.
Speaker 1: Let's get out there and do that shit, Let's put that Who shows us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no joke. I'm saying this quite seriously. Audienced. If you're listening and you need a you need a partner to be accountable to It's me. I'm doing ten thousand steps a day, Come hell or high water.
Speaker 1: We should post a time that you and I are gonna go do Runyon, even if I'm dying.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to bring water. Somebody gonna have to bring water.
Speaker 1: You might get out there with the people, get a drone to fly over with the camera and film us do to run your canyon? Daniel, do you know anybody that could do some shit like that. Let's do the running. Let's get out there with the people, the people that listen to the podcast.
Speaker 4: That would be fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: We do the stairs, or we can even do the freaking real deal, holy field side, where you know you gotta go where your life's on the line if you slip. Let's do that one, all right? Got it?
Speaker 2: I love this is very classic Donald. He goes he throttles it before he's even started. Why don't we you and I start together before we invite all of the audience to join us on a hike.
Speaker 4: I support that, Or we could just start right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. You know what I would like to live? You know how to find me? I'm going I gotta go want to hike after this? What's that's what's cool about it? Like to be totally real for a second, is that I normally, like, we do this podcast and then I would not go exercise this late in the day after this is over. Just if it didn't happen in the morning, it wouldn't happen. But now, because I like, I'm committed to myself and I'm accountable to doing it, I gotta go on a walk. I gotta go on a hike to get those steps in and that's what gets your ass moving, and it's it's good.
Speaker 1: Where'd you get your ring?
Speaker 4: Did you go to Best Buy to get it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: You can buy it on the interwebs.
Speaker 1: But what if I don't want to buy it on the interwebs? What if I want to get it right now? Could I get it at best Buy?
Speaker 2: I don't think that he's talking about the Aura ring, guys, which is a ring that measures your steps and your sleep and your heart rate. It's all of these things are like, Yeah, you can buy it on the interwebs.
Speaker 5: Best Buy has it right now.
Speaker 1: You've got to go get one right after this.
Speaker 2: They do have it stock nice. What's cool? About it is too is It tells you how well you slept, which I like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it connects to your iPhone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an app, and then we're like doing an ad for them, Joelle. They should be our sponsor. But you, uh, it connects to your your your phone, and then when you wake up in the morning, it like analyzes how many times you woke up, whether you went into rem sleep and that's really interesting, and it tells you, like, hey, if you want the best night's sleep, you should go to bed around this time tonight. It's cool. If you try to look it up, it's oh you are a or oh you are a Yeah, all right, let's get into the episode. My dude, oh god, it's it's contagious. I really don't like my dude or my guy, so let's just say that's never gonna.
Speaker 1: The second we landed, the second we got to the Abba Coast.
Speaker 2: Was that your impression of me? The second we got to the Abba.
Speaker 1: Cost Like it was a perfect pitch for a recap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had my recap voice on.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. It was like The Bachelor tonight.
Speaker 2: On The Bachelor, Cox sees us say I love you to each other. He appears just as we turn and I practice saying I love you to Elliott, to.
Speaker 1: You mm hm, he says, and he said he pops out of the water. He says, that is about right, and you're naked some shit like that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the janitor is shaking down ted to take one of his courses. We learned. It's been a long time, but we learned that the janitor, I guess has a has a series of courses he provides in his garage.
Speaker 4: In his garage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's but not but not only that, he it's brain Trust Island style.
Speaker 2: Right without Doug.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that accidentally behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there must have been a reason that Johnny Castle didn't make it to the island, because that's weird that.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Casey had a cross.
Speaker 2: This is a Scrubs wiki thing. This is the first episode in the entire series that plays completely outside of Sacred Hearts Hospital, except for two short flashbacks with Doug not being invited to the wedding. That's a nice trivia, you know, another interesting piece of trivia. There are no fantasies in this episode.
Speaker 4: Did you look at the invites at all?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: One milk, nurse, nurse, and.
Speaker 1: There was a dude. There was a dude all the way in the back in the window, you know where the door is where it's closed, and there's a window there in the door holding up his sign.
Speaker 4: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't make up his clubs.
Speaker 2: Wiki says that one says stand.
Speaker 1: In, stand in doctor. I got that one, which is.
Speaker 2: Very meta because he was a stand in problem.
Speaker 1: There's papson.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Ted accidentally puts ranch on his face. He means to put sunblock on his face.
Speaker 1: Well, do you want to talk about how he steps out into the sun first to live a little?
Speaker 2: Is that before that? Sorry if I lost it after after?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're setting up the fact that reminding the audience that Ted needs sun blocks so badly. He's covered in it. But he messed up and he puts ranch all over his face, and Todd eats the ranch off of Ted's face. Do you think that Rob really did that? It happens in a cut. I wonder if you think that Rob really puts celery on Sam's face and ate it off.
Speaker 1: That I do not know, would you do that? I mean for the work, for the job, yeah, if it's if it's funny, yeah, but I don't know. I mean, like, if it was my face, would you say, kissed somebody on television for comedy? For laughs? Bro?
Speaker 4: If it's funny, let's go.
Speaker 2: I think tongue kiss is different than than wiping ranch off someone's face with and eating it. All right, you're equating the two, like, all right, what would you rather fake tongue kiss Judy Reyes or eat ranch dressing off someone's face with celery?
Speaker 1: Depends on whose face is.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, if it was Rihanna, you'd choose that, Sue Wells furiously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think eating Rihanna's celery face is as enjoyable as fake kissing Judy Rays.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: All right, take a break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: All right, you honored me, all right?
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: This is the second international meeting of the brain Trust. Yes, the first one. They say it was in Nicaragua.
Speaker 2: I think it was another time he almost got married? Is that what he says?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he almost got married. He was saying, guys help pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed that, but he it was something related to The other international time was the time he almost got married in Nicaragua.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 2: Now there's a guy named Ira who I'm assuming was a local because Ira gets a lot of screen time making these guys do shots.
Speaker 4: Shots. Drank, drank, drink damnit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a natural leader.
Speaker 4: Drank.
Speaker 2: Also, the guy who was the bartender who was constantly serving Kelso behind My Mama's was the actual bartender at that bar. He was like had been there forever. Remember that. So yeah, Bill tried to get a couple people to play themselves.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of conk fried conk.
Speaker 2: Oh you switched to conk from Oh no, you're staying with knk instead of conch. No, if we go conk, you prefer conk.
Speaker 1: That's what I called it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's an actual correct pronunciation.
Speaker 3: I believe said it's conch, which we learned from SpongeBob.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, although I do think some people when describing it as a food, we'll say, like we'll shorten it.
Speaker 5: But but there's definitely an a is conch the h at the end.
Speaker 1: Some of that conk.
Speaker 4: Sounds weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love conk. So Jad dives onto the bed and says seagull, yes, and he's trying to turn Elliott's pissed because JD. I mean, this storyline's a little silly. But Jad hasn't said I love you in the right way, So she's mad. She's pouting. She's also pouting because he said something quite obnoxious. You're acting like you're yeah, yeah, nobody likes to hear that. But then this is very.
Speaker 1: He shows her a video of the two of them, and he's like, look, how firm turn looks.
Speaker 2: How firm tur I mean, this guy is hanging onto his candy scale by his fingernails. Now, Donald, there's two moments where that are shot on video, like home video. And I couldn't help but think was it too much of a pain in the ass to get the whole camera crew over there? And and so Bill came up with this convention that it's home video because we've never used home video footage before. I mean, granted, we are on vacation, but it happens twice one at this sort of beach that appears only at certain times of the tide. That's where you and I get the camera stolen by the red head.
Speaker 1: We shot I feel like we shot that in Miami. Well, look at my swim trunks. Well I can't right now, Okay, so in the shot I have the swim trunks, so on that we get paparazzied in Miami in the same swim trunks, if I correct, and if you remember Bill met us in Miami.
Speaker 2: I think you just stole the swim trunks from production, because I don't think we shot anything.
Speaker 4: Now those were my swim trunks. I swear that was all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't recall that, but I do remember that. The other time it happens is when the janitor lugs me up to the top of the lighthouse.
Speaker 1: And that was when you guys went on that trip to go do that though, remember you Bill.
Speaker 2: Right, but it's to bring me, Neil and Bill in a video camera to the lighthouse, then bring the whole crew up to the top of the lighthouse. So I'm just remembering a little bit cloudily that maybe because of time and just logistics, those two moments were just I.
Speaker 1: Really do believe that was in Miami, and I really do believe it was also, if not that it was the same day that two guys went to the lighthouse and we were at a different beach or whatever it was. Well, I think that's what it was. It was that, Yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I think the Abbacos does have this thing where there's like beaches that appear only at certain tides, and it's really cool. You take a boat out there and you're like on a beach in the middle of the ocean, and then you better be prepared because it's a certain time that's just gone.
Speaker 1: Here it comes.
Speaker 2: And I thought we actually went to one, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think we did. I think we did, and I think I'm just confusing it with us being in Miami. I think this was something where Bill was like, Yo, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think the crew came with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like the use, the use of the cam quarder. I wonder if it's related to just like ease and logistics, because it was hard to shoot down there, and maybe it was just like we're at a fucking time it's a cam quarter because it kind of makes no sense why the janitor is shooting that lighthouse moment with a camquarder.
Speaker 4: But maybe no permit.
Speaker 2: No, they were very you know, this was like in collaboration with the tourism board down there were very very.
Speaker 1: Permissive Kelso sleeps at the bar.
Speaker 2: What also falls asleep at the bar. Calso really is leaning into being an alcoholic on this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lady gotta let her man be her man when she takes you. That was funny. You were like, you're all right with this, Gotta let my man be man. She goes, Okay, have fun, be back. Shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's not. He's a lot. Wait, I think you might be going too fast.
Speaker 1: No, well, that's going back before we go to the that's before you go to the lighthouse and everything.
Speaker 2: Like, all the couples are talking about so we're not gonna talk about yesterday. All the couples are fighting. Yeah, she's Cox is sick of pretending that they don't like each other. He's over it. Carla always says this has to be a quickie.
Speaker 1: But Turk is I get. I get Carla's I relate to this whole story.
Speaker 2: I know, man, I thought of you. This whole Carla and Turk story is your life because, as you say, baby, we both know my longies aren't that long. But really related to really you know, you and Casey have spoken openly about this on the podcast, and I felt like there was a lot of overlap between you and Carla and you and Casey.
Speaker 1: I disagree. This is before Casey and I were even talking about all right.
Speaker 2: Well then all right, well then it has become an aspect of your life.
Speaker 1: Good, it becomes an aspect I think it becomes an aspect of most married couples lives in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Okay, well, let's get them back on I can't comment on that. Well, let's get them back on the sex surface.
Speaker 1: Follow up, follow up, that's the theme song. We don't do theme songs anymore. We used to have some really good theme songs. Do you remember them, Casey, come down here? There was that one and Joe Elmoniki is downtown? Okay, what was the other one?
Speaker 2: No matter, no.
Speaker 3: Matter what's we got a caller, We got a callar, we got.
Speaker 2: A call Yeah, that guy was good. He were a bops.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of segments.
Speaker 2: You want are you asking for more segments back? Don do you want to go back to callers?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I just remember the songs. They were great songs.
Speaker 2: We had good songs. No songs the recap rat Remember the recapps that was early on. You did some good, good ones.
Speaker 1: We could go back to that.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna do that work anymore. That was when you were young, for real.
Speaker 1: Do check me out son thereopy Hey yo, my lyrics droppy. I copy never I come through with the pin and they be sloppy. My lyrics too much.
Speaker 2: Carla says on behalf of all women. I want to thank you for equating sex with love. We think it's awesome when you do that. Yeah, yeah, well, Turk is equating sex with love.
Speaker 1: In this moment. Don't we all do that? Though?
Speaker 3: I think it's a trope to a certain extent, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like and I don't really believe that Turk is equating sex to love. I think he's usually using it as a weapon to try and trick his wife into or guilt his wife into wanting to have sex with him. But I don't think he honestly believes she doesn't love him because she's not fucking him. He's right, you know, he's manipulating her. He's trying to manipulate her, and she flips it on him because she's sensitive, she's pregnant, she has a baby in her she just had a baby.
Speaker 4: Her hormones are all fucked up.
Speaker 1: He's not taking that into into you know, he's not putting that into the equation.
Speaker 4: His math is all fucked up. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Be patient. She's gonna give you the ass eventually, she's you know, just you just gotta you, just gotta wait, you know what I mean. I get it, man. I can relate, Turk, Christopher Christopher Duncan, Turk, I can relate. Although I played you on television, in real life, this is me too.
Speaker 2: Are your Longi's not that longie?
Speaker 1: My longies are long. He's as fuck, dude. Sometimes my longies is so long that my wife is like, look, I gotta wake up. Yeah, dude, come on now, Look the sun's coming.
Speaker 2: You hear the birds?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude? For real?
Speaker 2: Man, Like, why why if your wife wants a quickie, do you try and make it a longie?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not malicious, but you know, listen, if my wife wants a quickie, then I don't want Look that's I'm gonna be honest with you. If my wife wants a quickie, I don't necessarily want to have sex, but I'll do I'll take the quickie, but you know what I mean, Like, you know.
Speaker 2: Does she ever say you're turning this quickie into a longie?
Speaker 1: That's been said a few times. Yes, you said that. You said this was going to be a quickie. It's now turning like a longie.
Speaker 2: Did you teach Casey the terms quokie and longie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Bill Lawrence everyone making his acting debut. I don't know that Bill has ever acted in a primetime TV show before this as Van as Van the mysterious Man. Now, Todd knows Van because his fellow med students on the island used to practice all of the rectalague Van and Van, and Van says when they're in a bar, and Van aka Bill says, did a couple of them right here in this very bar with you?
Speaker 1: To you?
Speaker 2: By the way, Todd, who we know is fluids sexually really leaning gay in.
Speaker 1: This episode, I believe hardcore.
Speaker 2: There's a very there's several romantic moments with Cab. I think yeah, because at the end they there's like two different cuts to them staring into each other's eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's not only did we fuck before We're gonna find them again?
Speaker 2: We're gonna. Yeah, the wedding makes them all riled up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what what listen what wedding doesn't make someone riled up?
Speaker 2: At a wedding, Yeah, people people feel the party.
Speaker 1: There's drinking, there's it's romance, and you don't even have to be in charge of all of that. Somebody's doing it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, you know. I've been to weddings where you don't have a partner and you're there's so much romance in the air and you just feel like kicking kicking rocks.
Speaker 1: I wish there were more weddings right about now, and I was invited with my wife. That would be a lot of fun, just to get out.
Speaker 2: You like weddings.
Speaker 1: I like weddings when they're real, Like, ain't nothing like going to a wedding and being like, oh.
Speaker 5: Boys, not real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get there and that's it's like, uh.
Speaker 2: Got it. I don't think I in the wedding where I was like, I mean, I've been that way because they didn't really want to be at the wedding, but not.
Speaker 1: Like, guess what if you were that way because you didn't want to be at the wedding. Guess what the wedding probably wasn't It wasn't it wasn't popping. You know, it sounds interesting to me that the Indian wedding, that sounds fucking awesome to me. It was like days and days of wedding. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 6: So many outfit changes, Oh my gosh, ceremonies beautiful and so romantic.
Speaker 1: Totally, it's like days days.
Speaker 2: I think if I ever got married, I would want to just do something small with a group of people that were super close to me and uh and you know, maybe go somewhere, but I definitely don't want like a tent and a dance floor. I just don't fuck you.
Speaker 4: We did that at your house for my wedding. That was fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your wedding was different in lots of ways because it was real, because the love was real. Right by the way, I'm not anyone who's into what I just said. I'm just saying for me personally, it's not It's not what I would envision, but I know that a lot of people are dying to have that.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of small weddings. Full support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had one right down. You didn't even invite your friends on front.
Speaker 1: You know, we work with you and ship. We started working with you doing one.
Speaker 2: Of the hard everyone done with the gender did and just like invited us two days before. We definitely would not have come and you could have gotten presents from us. I still gave you a wedding gift.
Speaker 3: Even though very sweet of you.
Speaker 2: What the fuck's wrong with me? Why did I give you a president? Wasn't invited? I remember my assistant was like, you gotta get Danil a wedding president. I was like, you're right, I should, and then I did. It's very sweet, And now that we're talking about it, I'm like, I want that back.
Speaker 4: Why did I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, send me those Louisvuittan plates.
Speaker 4: Back, Send them plates back.
Speaker 1: Please, you didn't give me Louise But.
Speaker 2: Tom No, I didn't know that was the thing until.
Speaker 3: Our last episode was did you find out what the plates were?
Speaker 2: Did you find out if it was Williams?
Speaker 4: No way? Ship, hold on?
Speaker 8: Let me?
Speaker 2: How could you.
Speaker 5: You did us out all bitar.
Speaker 2: Like segment of the show and he's like, oh wait that was Oh god, he just wants to get his wife on the show.
Speaker 5: Oh he misses her, Zach, I love.
Speaker 2: You, Yeah, This is how I love Donald is. You guys, when he casts to a podcast for an hour and a half, he misses his wife, we.
Speaker 4: Get to play the song Dani play that ship.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Kay, come down here. I don't know nothing about tell we want to do raising these kids. And that's what.
Speaker 4: You said.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have come home kidding. That hurts a little.
Speaker 2: That's how I love he is.
Speaker 9: She's like, log onto your thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, remember stone Stone.
Speaker 2: You didn't remember this, Casey. He didn't remember that you helped him log in. I guess not because of the weed.
Speaker 10: You really didn't remember that. That's a bit that's problematic, that I helped you log into your podcast.
Speaker 1: No I didn't remember.
Speaker 9: Oh he's kidding, he says, No, he's not kidding, No, he's not.
Speaker 1: Remember he did a little bit.
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 1: I had to be reminded, that's all. I just had to be reminded.
Speaker 2: Kids weed, not even once. Can't remember that Casey helped him log into the podcast. Casey, Donald seems that we just need to we need to ask you something. Donald says that you guys were given ridiculously expensive china for your wedding and initially claimed it was Louis Baton.
Speaker 11: No, what brand was it? It was like for Saucy, that's also nice, Louis Baton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we were so curious, so we looked it up and they're like they were extraordinarily expensive, and so we were like, really, Donald, but maybe I'm sure Arsaci plates are expensive.
Speaker 1: Kind of, they were very expensive.
Speaker 12: They were so expensive that we didn't get the full thing. We had to go and buy it ourselves.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 9: Actually bought us everything, everything that was missing. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Why did you put something so expensive on your registry? Do you feel guilty being like Versace plates?
Speaker 9: I didn't think you might buy it?
Speaker 2: There you go that.
Speaker 9: I should I should have gone to Louis Vaton.
Speaker 1: No, the thing is that we should have a wedding.
Speaker 9: No, I'm going to tell you know what.
Speaker 12: Everybody threw me all these free wedding showers and then I get it, then the bridle shower and all this stuff in this company, I'm going to give them a shout out, a shout out cassa day Paren, Casa day Paren and they would have all the place settings in this beautiful china with flowers and butterflies and all this amazing stuff that you would never think, Oh, I want that, and they would put it together so beautifully, and so when we registered, I was like, I want that stuff.
Speaker 9: I want something that looks like that. Flowers and butterflies and all kinds of stuff. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh, we see it. This isn't nearly as expensive.
Speaker 9: But we haven't used it. It's never been opened.
Speaker 2: It's very pretty.
Speaker 9: We also haven't bought our wedding.
Speaker 2: I like these. Actually no, no, Casey, I think I'm looking at what you have. This is Is this something you've ever eaten off?
Speaker 9: No, it's still in the boxes.
Speaker 2: It's in the box.
Speaker 9: We haven't even bought her. I just said we had ate off of it.
Speaker 1: Did one time we ate off of it? That's not true.
Speaker 9: I've never eaten off of it.
Speaker 2: You have, I don't know. I think that's funny. I wonder if audience members listening who have expensive china they got for their wedding, if they ever use it, because this all started with me telling Donald that my mom had beautiful china she had inherited from her from her mom or handed down from her mom all the time, and it was just on display like it was like we didn't touch it.
Speaker 10: Well, you want to know why because you invite people over to eat and they ruin everything.
Speaker 9: They don't take care of anything. So it's like, you know, what's the point? What is the point exactly?
Speaker 1: I know, I'll tell you what the point is. The point is to be like, yo, I got that ship, and then twenty years from now when it's worth when it's when it's worth more? And you're dad, what's that show? Pond whatever? That show is? This to the guy and he looks at it with the.
Speaker 2: Little about some about antis road anti roadshow.
Speaker 9: I'm pretty sure ours is never going to be worth anything.
Speaker 4: It's versace.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a lot of money you made in the in the plate resale market, I.
Speaker 10: Said, there's not a lot of money to be made in the plate resale market.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. You know what non dynasty Ming dynasty plate. If you got plates from the Ming dynasty, you're doing.
Speaker 2: Your you know what, maybe we'll get from the Ming dynasty. You're doing dining table to use it? Are gonna getack to the showcase. We love you, We love.
Speaker 9: Zacha, Love you, Zacha, love.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, you did good. You married well. You married well. I need to get on to Waco and find a wife.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'd be doing okay with my freaking decisions.
Speaker 2: Man, you definitely marry well. She has a lot of patience for you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes my decision making.
Speaker 2: Be like I feel like any I feel like many girlfriends that I've had in the past. If I said I haven't see when they had just helped me log on to the computer, would have would have been less frustrated than she was with you.
Speaker 4: Sure, but you know I did.
Speaker 1: I did better than you when it comes to when it comes to picking my lady.
Speaker 2: I get rubbing in as I sat here alone looking at a pillow girlfriend I've made in my bed.
Speaker 1: But you get to have sex with that pillow as much as you want. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pillow does not mind longies, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Pillows like give it to.
Speaker 2: Me, pillow has no interest in a quickie.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The pillows like this ship better take hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pillows like I'm on the pillows like I'm lying here all day anyway making a long ee.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: All right on that numb that note.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, okay, back to the show. So Van is going to marry them, yes, and Jad's all worked up because he says, this isn't a real wedding, it's a crazy cleaning person scam for presents, which is pretty.
Speaker 1: Accurate, right, But it is a real wedding too, now because Elliott has convinced lady that.
Speaker 4: She needs to have a ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: No, Now that's the question. Do the janitor and lady have the certificate or they're just going to do a ceremony. If there's a certificate involved, then then they're married.
Speaker 4: You know what, I.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't really the wedding. There must be a certificate because the wedding doesn't really nothing really happens at the wedding. That's that's supposed to happen. Because Van doesn't make any sense because he's just basically a human cadaver for rectal exams, so he's not really a great minister.
Speaker 1: No, far from it, actually. Yeah, although I do like the idea of the bride and groom's sitting down.
Speaker 2: That was funny, that was nice. We've decided, since it's our wedding, we're gonna sit and you guys, all right, So reminding the audience that at ten eighteen, Casey has her cameo. Then this is when Ted is burned in seconds by the sun because he has the courage from the peer pressure to go out in the actual sun with no sunblock.
Speaker 1: On it, and he's burned within seconds.
Speaker 2: Then the janitor tapes fish to JD's hands and CG birds CG birds. Not too shabby for year?
Speaker 1: Was not bad for nineteen eighty five?
Speaker 2: No, what year was it, Joelle? I have it right here in front of me because I was on Scrubs Wiki, Scrubs rewatch show is that? And dono, let's see this aired on April fifteenth, two thousand and nine. Not bad he G birds for two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then I come back and Elliott has to shower because she has touched ladies hair and we learned that lady was redhead, and we know that Elliott has issues with redhead, so she has to run and wash herself. Jad comes in covered with pooh and says, a hungry sea bird pood on my shirt.
Speaker 1: She tells him to go change it. Turksyes, the mermaid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he tries to talk Allah Splash the movie Splash.
Speaker 5: Will you do a dolphin talk.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are old enough to remember the movie Splash, which I believe was Tom Hanks's big break.
Speaker 1: I think I think The Bachelor Party had come up already before that.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at that filmography real quick. I just heard Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: And I think Bosom Buddy was before that.
Speaker 2: Also, Oh, you're probably right Bosom Buddy was. You're right, I just heard. I gotta remember. I got to say that Rick Rubin has a really great podcast now and he had Tom Hanks on I believe was his first guest, and it was great, really really highly recommend It's like over two hours long and a great conversation. I recommend it. Anyway. He was talking about Splash and how no one wanted to make it. It's that classic story you hear over and over again. No one wanted to make Splash and no one believed in it, and then it became this ginormous success. And it was very early on in Tom Hanks's career. But you're right he was. His big break was probably the TV show Bosom Buddies m M.
Speaker 6: But Splash and Bachelor Party came out in the same year, so those wow.
Speaker 2: He had a big year.
Speaker 1: Well, he had a couple of big years. That was that's the first big years. Yeah, that's the first level up. The second level up was big. Oh my gosh. That was when he went from oh the guy in Bachelor Party and splash too, Yo, this dude's now nominated for an Academy Award.
Speaker 2: Bachelor Party was crazy, dude.
Speaker 1: They were nipples the size of quarters. That's all I remember about.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that they had a donkey that did like kayludes at the Bachelor Party?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I remember that movie.
Speaker 1: It was never in theaters, it was only on cable and stuff like really, yeah, it was one of those It was one of those.
Speaker 2: Movies that can't be true to I'll google it up please. Also, wait, wasn't there a scene donald where someone puts their penis in a popcorn thing in the movie theater and covers it with popcorn, And when the woman goes to grab the popcorn, she touches a penis.
Speaker 1: That's the classic Is that where it comes from? Cut a hole in the bottom of the party. I'm not sure. I don't remember it.
Speaker 4: Probably is.
Speaker 2: That movie was so dirty and wrong and it's just so funny that it launched, but.
Speaker 1: It was the bachelor party. You've been to bachelor parties, dude, I'm gone with you. The bachelor never.
Speaker 2: Seen a donkey doing.
Speaker 1: You've seen quite a bit at a bachelor party, though, bachelorette parties, you've seen quite a bit there. These are things that movies are made of. Is the hangover that ship could happen.
Speaker 2: That shit could happen. What's that from Hollywood Shuffle that I.
Speaker 1: Believed in that ship, that shit could have happened, that shit could happened.
Speaker 2: What is that movie? They were reviewing a movie.
Speaker 1: They were viewing like uh, they were viewing like Indiana Jones. And at the end of it, he's like, that's the one that they disagree on. He's like, he's like, He's like, nah, man, he said he believed in that he liked that ship.
Speaker 4: I thought that she was bullshit. And then they get the last one, the Finger, but.
Speaker 1: The one that they really loved was the wiz My Bitches. So he says, not chick it up, you have to fuck you up after the clip after.
Speaker 2: That, if you haven't seen Hollywood Shuffle, audience to yourself a favor.
Speaker 5: So good and the Criterion Collection now it is.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, get out of here.
Speaker 2: It deserves to be.
Speaker 1: That was a classic, one of my favorite movies of all time. The opening for that movie alone, Tommy him in the bathroom rehearse in hisfe.
Speaker 2: I always actually love to watch the Criterion version of that and here like here, like you know commentary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bacher Partaby did get a theatrical release. It made thirty eight thousand, four hundred and thirty five dollars and oh so nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: How much money did it make? How much money didn't make?
Speaker 2: Joy? You're kind of contracting yourself. It technically got a release, but it only means thirty eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thirty thousand, that means one theater show theater. I missed the Comma thirty million for thirty five thousand and seven dollars. So it was a hit, yes, and a four million dollar opening weekend in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: Money, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, it's a big difference.
Speaker 2: So for a moment, it was. For a moment it was exactly what Donald said, and then it became the total opposite.
Speaker 3: Of what covered the cost of the cameras for one day.
Speaker 2: All right back to the show, Van hits on Lady during the ceremony.
Speaker 3: Yes, weird.
Speaker 1: Part of me was like, was this a Zeltzer character that didn't make it?
Speaker 2: Well? Do you know the Van Allspan slash Bill also has a band aid on his.
Speaker 3: Finger, yes, which it was creepiers our story behind that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember him being injured obviously, I mean, there's no reason need to wear a band aid if he didn't cut himself, But it's creepier when he touches her face with his band aid. Fan had to be let go and the janitor takes over. Wait, I skipped over, So we're about to learn the janitor's name for the first time, and shit happens, and then Todd and Cabot, who were clearly about to hook up, ruin the moment because it's four fifty seven high tide five. Yeah, by the way, here's something I never knew, and that clearly in the Bill Lawrence universe fucks up other things. The name starts with a sh because he's about to say the janitor's name, and Van goes sh and they're interrupted by the high five. What name starts with a Shalina? We know that what if he was shoe, shoon shoon, shlomo sho. I just want you if you're if you're really into you know, looking at those moments. You can go back audience and see that when Van starts to say the janitor's name, it definitely starts with the sh.
Speaker 4: And then I cried like a baby.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you really cry?
Speaker 4: I cried like a baby.
Speaker 1: I cried so hard for of all, Sam, Where can I get this version of hey Yah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it was my idea.
Speaker 1: He just like he Oh.
Speaker 2: There was a there was a cover of hey y'all from what's his name? The Hawaiian singer Israel? Was it not him?
Speaker 4: No? He was dead by the time that song?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah, I agreed, Okay, well someone did a cover like this, and I think I if I'm not mistaken. I showed it to Bill and we were and we were like, what if this was a Sam cover? I think that's how it came together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so gosh all the way through to him doing all right, all right, all right, all right, all of it shake.
Speaker 2: It's such a I would I would love to have a cover by Sam of that song. It's so good.
Speaker 1: But oh man, I cried. I cried so hard.
Speaker 2: You cried.
Speaker 1: I cried the voice. I cried because of his voice. I cried because of the moment. I cried mostly because it was him, you know what I mean. And you know when you see things that are magical and special and everything like that, and you are a part of it, and it's somebody that you know you'll never see again other than that moment, and that moment was so long ago, like I don't even feel like I look like that guy anymore. And to see him fresh and alive.
Speaker 2: And the amazing thing about Sam was that he you know, he was playing this cartoon obviously character, this you know of Ted, but he was obviously nothing like that. He was the sweetest, smartest, kindest person. And then he had this ridiculous voice. That's what's so sweet about it, too, is that you're always laughing at Ted as the butt of the jokes because that's the character he was.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't Sam.
Speaker 2: Listen to that guy's voice that is not that is pure, Like he sounded like that on the day. That's what the guy's voice was like.
Speaker 4: Amazing, oh man, it was. It was a moment for me.
Speaker 2: And then I thought it was moving too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well then Carlo shows up looking ut f hot a f.
Speaker 1: When they're when they're walking into the ocean. I wasn't staring at myself.
Speaker 2: I don't think you were. No, you were staring at her.
Speaker 4: I was no.
Speaker 1: I was staring at the way the booty was bouncing in the sand. Yeah, she looks at everything.
Speaker 2: Now my question is this because we've set up part A of the story that Turk wants to have underwater relations. Are they are they running to just swim or are they running to have underwater relations?
Speaker 5: They're ready to have underwater I think they're gonna in the ocean.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna go find that mermaid and have a threesome.
Speaker 5: Turch fantasy.
Speaker 4: He was talking about Black Woman.
Speaker 1: Turk's next kid is gonna have gills because Cross.
Speaker 2: Would be a great fan. By the way, if there was going to be a fantasy in this episode, Turks threesome kid with the Mermaid would be a good one.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Black Women.
Speaker 1: It's all in the Doctor Acula universe too, Like Doctor Acula is the main superhero and then the horror you know what I mean. The creature from the deep is black woman, black woman, So you could be doctor Acula. I could be black woman.
Speaker 2: I'm so into this.
Speaker 4: This is so awesome.
Speaker 2: Right, let's shoot Monday.
Speaker 5: I knew you'd love it.
Speaker 1: Let's go, man, we can do it. Man, We'll hire Sarah. Who could Sarah be man?
Speaker 2: What's a wonder woman version of this universe? But it has to be like a horror Joelle, you know horror. I'm contemplating another episode while Joel contemplates. Is of that Recruver podcast was Jason Blum of Blumbhouse And I really recommend it if you're a filmmaker.
Speaker 1: It what so interesting, that's really you know Blumhouse the a video?
Speaker 4: What do you do it on an iPhone?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: No, the movie that really broke them was Paranormal Activity.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that on the iPhone?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't see the movie. But wasn't it like a camera footage of like computers? Guys, I don't know the movie about it? Yeah, it was on security camera footage of the security security camera footage. Yeah, and it's an amazing story. He tells the whole story on the podcast. And if you're an aspiring filmmaker, I highly recommend it. But it's basically like, no one wanted it, everyone passed on it. It was the second time I'm telling a story like that, but it's true. But you know, there's so many stories not with like that.
Speaker 1: And and you were talking about one. Hollywood shuffle is one. He paid for that thing with his own credit cards, and.
Speaker 2: Now here we are talking about it this many.
Speaker 1: Years later Criterion Collection.
Speaker 2: Blair Witch project had already happened, and Jason Blum, I guess, didn't bid on that when he was working I believe from Miramax, and he kept saying to everyone, guys, let's not miss another Blair Witch project. This is it. I'm telling you. I'm telling you, and everyone was like, nope, nope, don't get it. Then they're, oh my god, this is amazing. I'm getting goosebumps retelling the story. You have to listen to this. But then finally found a studio that said, we like the concept, we want to remake it. And he said, remake it. It's incredible. Why are you guys not getting this? He goes, let's just test it as it is, and he was like playing the game and he was like, that's this way. Even if you're gonna remake it. You'll see from a test what works, what doesn't work. It'll be a proof of concept and you'll have all the data you need for your remake. But in his mind, he's like, this fucking thing is gonna play. I just know it, know it. They go test it in front of three hundred people and they go fucking nuts, and he said, I never heard a single sentence about remaking this movie ever. Again he came and they've made like how many of them now, and it's become an enormous success and it launched his whole company.
Speaker 1: Such a story is through Blumhouse. All good horror is through Blumhouse. Now horror too, but most good horror is almost horror is Bluomhouse now.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He has the most unique deal in all of Hollywood. I want of a kind deal where he's the studio releases his movies, but he has complete autonomy to make whatever he wants. It's a really incredible story of a guy. I really tell you. Listen, listen to the podcast. It's it was really great.
Speaker 6: I don't know what do you think about Elliott Frost? If you meet Elliott Emma Frost character kind of works.
Speaker 1: Emma Frost Elliot ice lady. Yeah, she's the ice lady. And then what would Carla bed She's the Ark of the Covenant where she opens up her head.
Speaker 2: Let's finish up the episode. Cox throws Jordan in a pool adorable. J D and Elliott on the dock. They don't dock, but they're on a dock, and.
Speaker 1: He tells her he loves her more than turk.
Speaker 2: Yes, people really love this. I've seen this meme a bunch of times, Elliott, I love you more than turk. But I think it's a sweet moment that ends the episode between me and Elliott, Between j D and Elliott, because even though they're kidding, you really do see that they've met their soulmate and that she's his dream girl. And I read on scrubs Wiki, really sweet thing that that harkens back to him saying that earlier on hold on, let Me find It. JD calls Elliott his dream girl, which is a reference to my first day. I guess he must say that in the pilot.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that it closes the story, also so it makes way for the finale, so there's no will they be together? Won't they be together? Conversation in the finale. It makes it so that we know they're going to live happily ever after if he do do any sort of happily ever after.
Speaker 2: If we do do any sort of reboot. I think Elliot and Jad have to be together.
Speaker 5: The fans will literally right in the street if you're together.
Speaker 2: I think, I agree. I agree, it can't be.
Speaker 1: I think you all come together because Turk dies.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think that's what I think.
Speaker 2: No, that can't happen. But if he stays on his hit show, then Turk's gonna die.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Just Turk has the voice.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 1: If you know, guys know this. But we come on on Tuesday nights, same day as a podcast. Tuesday Nights eight thirty on NB premises Peacock. The very next day, Turk.
Speaker 2: Is dead, and so the voiceover comes from Heaven from Donald and I was, as I was looking down on all my friends, your.
Speaker 1: Final season is like the final season is like Turk's observation from heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're going to do. If you stay on your head show.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna at the show. Listen, please people, Tuesday nights, NBC.
Speaker 2: And coming soon Scrubs with Turk from Heaven Tuesday Nights at nine.
Speaker 1: Also, if you get the opportunity a good person, thank you. It's on Prime.
Speaker 2: I had a really nice I had a crazy thing. Someone DMed me. Can I tell you? Can I read you the guys this please see it please. It really was moving to me, so moving that I sent it to my therapist. That's how moving it was. And the fucker didn't reply back. I think if a therapist should reply back to your opinion.
Speaker 1: I think he was like, you're good, you're good, but don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: No, my therapist is awesome when we text, and he's really changed my life. But I sent him this note someone sent me because it was so cool and uh, and you didn't reply and now my feelings are hurt. But that's okay. We'll talk about it in the next session.
Speaker 1: This person wrote, I will not be ignored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the way I just said, Brian, that give from from Fila Attraction, did you? Yeah? It's so funny. Guy, we do think I like baby. Brian wasn't Brian Klugman wasn't texting me back, and I sent the gift from Fiddle Attraction. I will not be ignored. This lovely person wrote, Hey Zach, longtime Scrubs Van. I want to let you know that in one of my graduate level mental health counselor classes, we're watching A Good Person. I've already seen it twice before, but thought you would like to know that it's inspiring people in my field. Have a good have a good one and tell Donald. I said, Wu tang forever sweet.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful if you wrote.
Speaker 2: That, and you're probably listening, thank you. You made my day with that.
Speaker 4: But that's a that's real talk, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you when you think would reply, when.
Speaker 1: You write from truth and when you write from you know, this is what Scrubs was like too, you know what I mean? Because Scrubs was so true to the field, and what you wrote is so true to addiction. It touches you know what I mean. That's not a gloss at all. Everybody who's had a conversation with you, even if they haven't dealt with addiction, can relate to this movie in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. And grief too. It's not just addiction but grief. And I mean I feel like everyone in their life of a certain age has had to get by something incredibly painful to them. And I think that's what the movie's about, standing back up again after something like that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but through addiction. No, man, you know what I'm saying. Like, when they see this movie, they see the markers, man, and the markers are real, and you put that in the movie, And that's that's a credit because a lot of people don't do their.
Speaker 4: Research, Zach.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just gloss over that shit and try and get to the story of Well.
Speaker 2: I was super careful about getting it accurate obsessively, so I made sure there was this one woman who not only had beaten an opioid addiction herself, but was counseling young women, and we hired her to not only make sure everything I wrote was correct, but she was on set every time we did anything related to recovery because I was just I was like, I cannot fuck any of this up, Like would that poster really be there? Like everything, she was there, and after I was about when I was done with big scenes and I was about to move on, I'd be like, does that feel right? She's like, that feels totally accurate, And so that was great. It was important to have her there, But thank you, Donald, I appreciate you, and I appreciate whomever wrote. That means a lot to me. Let's just end a little more trivia from Scrubs Wiki. This is the last episode Doug ever appears in. He's one of the few major recurring characters to be absent from the intended series finale. That's shocking, and Doug wasn't there at the beloved season eight finale. But it must have been some reason.
Speaker 4: Did he go and get married at this time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And maybe Bill put him in in this way because it was his last opportunity to be in I'm not sure what was going on with Johnny Castle. This is one of the rare occasions in which the janitor calls JD JD.
Speaker 4: I saw that too.
Speaker 2: The venue for the wedding, if you'd like to visit it, where the episode was filmed, is called the Hopetown Harbor Lodge. The bartender that appears in the episode's real name is, in fact Gary. He worked at the Hopetown Harbor Lodge for over fifteen years. When he speaks to doctor Kelso, he speaks with a Jamaican accent. He does, not, however, have a jam.
Speaker 3: That's good trivia.
Speaker 2: It says he also makes a fantastic rum runner. I don't know what a rum runner is, but well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you if Bahama Mamas aren't clear like that either them. Things are slushy. From what I remember, that shit was like an ice icicle.
Speaker 2: Doctor Kelso is the only member of the staff to not be present at the wedding, as he is at the barn.
Speaker 3: He's like twenty feet away.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: That was a fun episode. Thank you guys for great episode, for listening, Thank you for joining us, Joelle. Anything you want to tell the audience.
Speaker 6: No, keep sending us your favorite episodes from season nine. Got a couple of good ones in there so far. You can email us at scrubsiheart at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Can we fix somebody's life again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's fix some lives, Joelle, Okay, we missed that, because really really fixed. We love not only we love fixing your life. We missed the theme song.
Speaker 8: You can talk to watch sing show dudes, you know, like a bala smoke some maybe talking about the episode. So come on, let's get the show.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try and do a recap for this whole You're gonna go get episode. I'm gonna start right now here we go. Zach Braff said, it never happened. I was laughing at the end of the last episode. It was clapping like my butt cheeks in the lapping.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what no one wants to hear. You live, write a wrap, say Joelle. Also sorry to give you lots of homework, but also see if you can dig up. First of all, someone's gonna win this amazing, one of a kind backpack. And Joel, see if you can find out why we didn't move forward making them, because it's kind of amazing. We should make like a hundred Okay, because I mean I can't wear it, but I want to see someone.
Speaker 5: Wearing Yes, Okay, I see what we can do.
Speaker 2: What happens on these shows. When you work on a show, you get like awesome you know, swag from the show. But you know, if you're if you're on the show or you're involved in you can't only wear it because it's pretty embarrassing you're walking around wearing like a shrinking sweatshirt. But we got lots of cool stuff, right Donald.
Speaker 4: What rhymes would happen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my god, so funny.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody would love you a joke.
Speaker 5: I was so proud of that joke.
Speaker 1: Exact rap said it would never happen. But I'm coming back slapping.
Speaker 2: Okay, well he's he's making his way. Guys. By next week we should have a wrap.
Speaker 1: Watch to see what happens.
Speaker 2: I gotta wrap for you ready, everybody listening, try not to hate.
Speaker 3: Five six seven, Hey.
Speaker 7: Sorr show, we made about a bunch of dos and know who loved me?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 7: I said, here's a stormy net all should know. So gather round you here, gather round you here a spect we watch your wiz and no