Speaker 1: Well. Usher says he will entertain what will surely be the biggest audience of his career on February eleventh, as millions of viewers watched Super Bowl fifty eight halftime show, and Usher says he's using the opportunity to pay homage to the black artists that have come before him. During a recent interview and Good Morning America, Usher said, quote to have R and B have the main stage at the Super Bowl, it's a major thing for me, He says, I think about what our country has kind of represented for black artists, you know, having to at some point go through kitchens to even be able to perform for an audience, but they had to leave back through the same door and fear for their lives as they went to the next state to do the same thing. Usher says, So I'm coming through the front door with this one. I think about all of the R and B performers who I carry in this moment.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of pressure though.
Speaker 3: Yes. The first time I really understood how good Usher was at was one year at the Essence Festival.
Speaker 2: He did a tribute to Luther.
Speaker 3: Vandros and I was sitting back there going how this dude gonna sit up here and do some damn Luther songs.
Speaker 2: You know, he did it his own way. He didn't try to sound like Luther.
Speaker 3: And he killed it, man, he actually killed it and did a Marvin Gaye song and a Luther. So if he take that approach that I saw at the essence that year, I take that boy right there.
Speaker 2: Boy, but he's something special.
Speaker 3: Man. It's good to see R and B because you haven't seen R and B at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You haven't. You've seen pop rock, you've seen.
Speaker 3: Hip hop, you see all the rock, but I've never seen R and B. I tell you what I saw days. That's not real sheep. Closest thing to it now that fiance. Lord, But I tell you who. I saw a video the other day, current video, and boy, let me tell you something that damn Peebow Bryson.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. I played that about nine times.
Speaker 3: And I want to make another statement that overlooked because you know, we were talking about female artists, female artists of R and B, and you know who I left out and I forgot about. You know who really be doing that thing? That damn Alicia keys Man. Alicia keys Man she is not a joke. Man play zero games, no, Alicia Keys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll be watching you usher. We can't wait, We cannot wait.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have pizza. I want to see the game. Yeah, I'm excited now I don't want what I what I know.
Speaker 3: I'll get all them chicken wings and hot dogs and stuff sitting around and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Go to wait, I'm an auto meet Hoodamn peaceman.
Speaker 1: All right and other entertainment news. According to USA Today, Candy Burrows will not be returning to the Real Housewives of Atlanta for season fifteen. Candy made the announcement during an interview at the Grammys on the Red Carpet this past Sunday. She said, even though they've asked her back, She's going to take a break. Candy went on to say, I've got some nice, big projects coming soon, and I'm super excited about those things. Candy first appeared on Real Housewives in season two, and she has since become the longest serving cast member, out out lasting Ninie Porsche, Phaedra and Kendra Moore. So there you go, Candy. We will miss you, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: But she got a job.
Speaker 1: Lots of joys.
Speaker 3: Handy has always been one that had something going on. Oh yeah, she came in with something. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: She ran me. She's always been cool, you know, yeah we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got no problem with none of them. No, no, I ain't got no problem.
Speaker 1: Finally, Steven Entertainment News. According to TMZ, Kansas City chief quarterback Patrick Mahomes Daddy was arrested for driving while intoxicated this past Saturday night in Texas. He's fifty three years old. His name is Patrick Mahomes Senior. He was released on ten thousand dollars bail, and this wasn't his first arrest for DUI. He was also reportedly arrested back in twenty nineteen for DUI, which he was sentenced to forty days in jail. Mahome Senior, well, it's not a good look for him, as we all know. This is his son, Patrick Mahomes Junior. He's just days away from competing against San Francisco forty nine ers for a Super Bowl title.
Speaker 3: Is his daddy, and he got hit with the d u I. Thank god nobody was involved.
Speaker 2: Thank god. So now just stop doing that.
Speaker 3: But see, at this point, you gotta start talking about help, and you got to consider the bigger picture. And all of these parents that have famous children, you know, all, hey man, you gotta consider the big picture.
Speaker 2: This ain't about you. This is a big picture.
Speaker 3: Now you've poured into your son to get them there or your daughter to get them there. Don't take the moment, you know, like like, uh, the ball boys and they daddy he you know, he got him there.
Speaker 2: You gotta get his man. Credit.
Speaker 3: Man, he did an outstanding job as a father to get all them boys that far with that basketball.
Speaker 2: And then he just took a back seat after a while.
Speaker 3: He went while I'm getting in the way, I'm getting in front of my son, and he backed up. But uh, mellow ball naim daddy. That's that's the hell of a daddy. Going to sit down somewhere. Richard Richard Williams another outstanding father that knew how to stay.
Speaker 2: Out the way. You know.
Speaker 3: Joe Jackson, another outstanding father knew how to stay out the way. And y'all be talking about he beat the kids and stuff. Your daddy kicked your ass too, and thank.
Speaker 1: God for that was what it was back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, Because you're talking about somebody gave the child a whipping.
Speaker 2: This was back in the day. They whipped children back in the day. That's all. I believe he beat.
Speaker 1: Them here all right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, The New York Times faces criticism for an article referring to the Fade haircut as a Travis Kelsey haircut. Oh oh, we'll talk about that right after this What You're Listening Morning show