Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all be.
Speaker 4: At all at all, So given them Mola the milk bus bush.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listening to show.
Speaker 6: I want joy? Well, yeah, joy, you don't.
Speaker 7: Use that.
Speaker 8: You love.
Speaker 4: You gotta turn you to turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth turn out to turn the water.
Speaker 3: Of the money up.
Speaker 7: Looking me.
Speaker 3: Come come out, you think, uh.
Speaker 8: Huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You'll listen to the voice. Come on, take me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio self. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Sometimes when a chuckle like that reminds me and my oldest brother that passed away. He used to laugh like that. It's kind of funny how jeans get passed down through the line. I don't know why I told you all that, just don't share with you, that's all. As always, always kind of asked God to help me, you know, And and and I had I had gotten off track a little bit because one of the principles of success I want to share with you all today is a law of attraction that is very very serious principle. It cannot be ignored. The law of attraction. And I'm not going to be able to explain it to you as well as the book Secrets can, or as well as some people. I can only articulate it to you the way that I see it. The law of attraction is very, very real. The law of attraction is a principle of success. It is something that everyone has to adhere to. Now, whether you know the law of attraction or not, it does not make it not exist for you. This is the case where ignorance is not the excuse. The fact that no one told it to you. There is no pass for this one. The fact that you never heard it before it does not allow you to do it any other way. So let me see if I can put it to you best I can. The law of attraction, the law of attraction, to put it real, simply, is the thing that you focus on, the thing that you talk about, the thing that you think of, is the thing that you draw to you. It's what you attract to you. That's basically the law of attraction. The thing that you talk about, the thing that you think about, the thing that you focus on, whatever it is that is what you attract. The law of attraction does not differentiate from positive and negative. It only does what it does. What I am saying is this in the law of attraction. No matter what you think of, no matter what occupies your time, no matter what you say, or no matter what the focus is, positive or negative, the law of attraction knows neither one. It just attracts it. So let's use some examples here. I can just the best example always uses me.
Speaker 2: That way.
Speaker 8: I ain't got to figure out nothing. I can just tell you my side of it. I was in a lot of debt one time in my life. This is before any of you knew me, so you can understand. In case you're not thinking, I don't want you to think that this conversation is about your income level, cause it's not. It doesn't matter what income level you are.
Speaker 2: The law of.
Speaker 8: Attraction works in all aspects money, family, relationships, job, career, love. It just works that way. Okay, here's a deal. I kept saying, man, this debt is killing me. I got to get out. That's what I thought was a good goal, to get out of debt. But what I kept saying was, you know, I kept talking about debt, and you know what.
Speaker 3: It kept doing. It kept attracting debt to me. So guess what I could get out?
Speaker 1: That's all?
Speaker 3: Is that crazy?
Speaker 8: That is an amazing law to understand. What turned it around for me was I started claiming a life of abundance. God, I am seeking a life of abundance. I want to have more than enough. I want to be able to help other people. I just want to have a law of attraction so that I be able to provide my family and lifestyle that I want to provide them. I want Heavenly Father to be able to be an example of your goodness and your grace in my life. That is what I started saying. And guess what, that's what I started attracting. I'm going to have a great relationship with my children. I'm going to be the father that I always wanted to be. I'm going to be a good father. I'm going to be a good husband.
Speaker 3: Now. I am going to do the right things.
Speaker 8: I am going to be the type of example that my sons can look no further and go.
Speaker 3: I can be like my dad.
Speaker 8: I want to be able to be a place, a beacon of light and hope for my daughters to come to. That's what I started saying. That's what I started attracting to my life. The law of attraction does not care if you want it to be positive or negative. The law of attraction just attracts whatever it is you focus on, what you think about, the words that come out your mouth. You cannot overlook this principle of success and expect to make it because of the fact that you've never heard of the law of attraction, because of the fact that you don't know how it really operates. It does not make it not exist in your day. You can start today attracting the right things to your life by changing what you say, what you think, what you focus on. Change the focus, change the thought, change the words that come out your mouth, and guess what you change what you attract to yourself. You have got to ask yourself why is it, ma'am. Man, Let me tell you something. Somebody said the Bishop Jakes.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 3: They said, man, everything you touch turns to gold. He said, no, I just don't touch everything. Man, This is crazy. Come on, man, he has a focus. He has a focus.
Speaker 8: See, he ain't just everywhere. Bring me any idea, Let me try that. No, no, no, man, he has a focus. He has a law of attraction that's working, where he's attracting things to his life that that's positive that he can. That's not to say Bishop Jakes don't have problems, because we talk often and man.
Speaker 3: He have them.
Speaker 8: Oh please understand. And he not trying to attract the problems. But what he will attract is the proper solution for the problem. And ain't that all you need? Sometimes? God did not say that it would be easy. He just said he would be with you. And if God is with you.
Speaker 3: Who can be against you?
Speaker 8: God will make your enemies your footstool. God is powerful man, His word is true. He do what he say he gonna do. Now, all we got to do is do some of what we say, cause we ain't gonna do everything. Just do some of what we say. Okay, here's the deal. God is going to do everything he say he gonna do. You and I just got to do some of the stuff we say we're gonna do it because He already know we ain't gonna do all of them.
Speaker 3: He clear on that. He clear on that.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: Here we are again, another great day, another great opportunity, another great blessing. It's all been handed to us by the goodness and grace of God. Without him, none of this is possible. The sun don't come up without him. You don't wake up in the morning without him. The sun don't set without him. The wind don't blow without him, the rain don't fall without him. Man, you got to have God. Man, I'm just telling you on the real and I don't care how you get to him.
Speaker 3: Just do your best to get to it. Man, It'll make you day smooth.
Speaker 8: This Steve Harf Martin Show, Sheldon Strawberry, Colin Frail, Mississippi, Monica Junior, legend of nephew Tommy growing as we speak, Junior.
Speaker 9: Yeah, uh, you know it's uh, you know it's black here, shaman. Uh, you know black here shunt.
Speaker 2: You know I black.
Speaker 9: You're the oldest black on him, you know, I know the oldest is he oldes black on here? And I was gonna ask you, you know, through the time, what has been your best moment that you was proud of? Because you had many of them, but this one has got to be your favorite.
Speaker 8: My absolute greatest moment as a black man was the million.
Speaker 3: Man march Ah.
Speaker 8: When we were hoping that four hundred thousand black men showed up as organized by the Honorable Minister Lewis fare Khan, like the millionare march.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: We were on that hill before sunrise and I was stepping over brothers. But we were standing on the hill looking up at the top and my boy tapped me and said, dog, turn around. I turned around and couldn't see the ground nowhere. It became the largest gathering ever in Washington, DC. Now they tried to say that the largest gathering was to protest against the Vietnam War, which had eight hundred thousand before Colin Powell passed. He sent and I saw the letter he sent to a Minister Fara Khan showing him the Army Corps of Engineer's report of how many people were actually at the million man mark, and it was over one point two million.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh man.
Speaker 8: That was the highlight. But that's a testament to colon power. He wanted this other brother to know the truth because they was trying to say it was four to six hundred. It was over one point two. And that came from a letter from Colon power. And I saw the letter, and so the Millionaire March was my greatest moment as a black man. Now, what's the next question.
Speaker 9: When you was out there on how did that feel? Was it just good to see all these black men? Yet no no fighting, No.
Speaker 8: Lily, was not one fight. It was a peaceful moment. I'll tell you another highlight of that day. A police officer was on horseback and he recognized me and Steve Harvey. Show was just not start. He said, I recognize you from showtime at the Apollo. He got down off his horse and said, I want to apologize to you.
Speaker 2: I said, for what, officer?
Speaker 8: He said, because what I thought was going to happen today never happened.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 8: We were prepared with paddy wagons and everything. We knew it was going to be violence. We knew. All the shops in DC clothes that day. What because they knew it was going to be violence. That was not one incident of violence. He said, I want apologize to you all. He said, I have totally changed my concept.
Speaker 2: Of who you are. A police officer told me that that's the greatest moment from you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, all right, coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that brank back right after this. You're listening morning show, it is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 1: What you got for his nephe?
Speaker 2: I got super Bowl trip, super Bowl trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, normally countdown his own too.
Speaker 11: It's five thirty Central time. We're jumping off the super Bowl already got into my head. Throw out them wings by noon, yeah, start smoking them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: At two thirty they probably ready to come off. Let them on to stay on there a little bit longer. Yeah yeah, put a little sauce with it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I ain't thought about no vegetables or nothing. Yeah, vegetas at super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Just me. Damn meat, damn meat.
Speaker 11: I ain't no spare of goods. It ain't no Brussels Spries sp walk.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 8: I'man man, because I've been I've been working out, eating really really well.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be my cheat day. I'm gonna have me pizza, man. Oh really, pizza snowball.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have it delivered. Yep, pizza, But I ain't gonna lie to you. Probably gonna be pizza.
Speaker 2: You might get some winnings with that. Though.
Speaker 3: Now no, they don't do wings, right, Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go super Bowl weekend. Let's go boys.
Speaker 12: Well, hello, I'm trying to reach a Martina.
Speaker 13: Please, I'll see you not in right at the moment. Can I take a message or something I can help you with?
Speaker 12: Uh? Actually, I'm giving a call to make sure double checking on confirmation for mister and MISSISSI.
Speaker 13: Now, man, now that may be a mistake because she's going by herself. I'm not going, so that just should should be missed as a Oh okay, all.
Speaker 12: Right, Well I'll tell you what we have. We have her schedule. We wanted to make sure we gave the confirmation and uh, you know, with a big weekend like this, we're double checking and making sure everybody's actually coming and getting their rooms because you know, you're subject to get charged for it. And we definitely have the honeymoon sweet waiting on her honeymoons.
Speaker 13: We man, we've been married seventeen years, is what you come out? Honeymoon?
Speaker 7: Sweet?
Speaker 12: Well, we got you saster and missus. What's the name on that Ms? Martina? Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That's my wife? Yeah, all right, and we've got Tony as well, who who is Tony?
Speaker 13: My name is Vernon?
Speaker 12: Say what now?
Speaker 13: My name is Vernon? Who the hell is Tony?
Speaker 12: So wow, we we have where this.
Speaker 14: Is uh the wrong one.
Speaker 13: I think y'all got the wrong one.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 12: Okay, did you guys make reservations here at the hotel and for the super Bowl weekend?
Speaker 13: My wife is going to this weekend to be with her sick conte. That's what she told me. Now I don't know nothing about those, but you know what, Yeah, keep talking to me, Yeah, okay, play keep talking to me, because uh, this is getting really interesting right here.
Speaker 12: She's coming to I have a mister and missus Martina and Tony are coming. We have the honeymoon sweet here for the super Bowl weekend, checking in tomorrow and checking out on Monday.
Speaker 13: Oh, now you know what this is right here? Because see now, I gotta said. She told me she was going to see her sick auntie, and I told her coup I paid for the damn ticket myself. I got my AX turned back and I paid for my damnself so she can go out there. And you're telling me this help for the main reservations and because this let's look, I mean.
Speaker 12: What the hell I mean now, uh uh Victor, Victor, what's your name again?
Speaker 13: But my name is Vernon.
Speaker 12: Okay, mister Vernon, sir. First of all, I do apologize. I'm just a you know, I'm here and and and the reservations and basically they just got us calling because it's a big weekend and you know if you if you don't come in, your car will definitely get charged.
Speaker 13: And they gotta well, y'all better not charged nothing to my car. Don't charge. Matter of fact, I want to cancel this reservation. She can fall back in as far as I'm concerned. This is the Metn'll walk up up in here right now.
Speaker 7: They don't walk up.
Speaker 13: Up in here right now, because see this is.
Speaker 12: This Okay, so let's let's just.
Speaker 14: Slow Let's slow down a manue, Let's slow down.
Speaker 12: Maybe that's just a mistake here, I mean, no man.
Speaker 7: Uh uh.
Speaker 13: The honey them sweet at the No One thing. She told no wonder, I'm like, you tell me she needed two hundred dollars for them hotel, me for the hotel room.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Well, actually it's well they must be splitting in here. It's it's it's about four hundred and something to night for this room.
Speaker 13: Excuse me, she won't pay that much come up there and wedding ring?
Speaker 12: Wow. Okay, well I'll tell you what, sir. Is there any way I can I can call back and speak to Martinez.
Speaker 7: So I can not never in life.
Speaker 13: Call back to this okay because see if you call back here talking about this, because ye I don't know even know me answer this phone. Okay, this is her phone. She would to go runn erring for me, but that you never call this phone back again because see she ain't coming, not this lfetime.
Speaker 7: She's not.
Speaker 13: But uh, you know what, I want to thank you though, I appreciate you let me in on the what was up?
Speaker 12: Yeah, knew it? Okay, okay, mister Vernon scared slow down some man hang on? Okay, now listen. What I have to do is I have to talk to the person that made the reservation in order to cancel it.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 13: I tell any means you're counseling right now.
Speaker 12: But I need to hear that from miss Martina.
Speaker 13: That is trust me, when she gets back, she's gonna even talk to you. You can cancel it now. I'm telling you now, it ain't gonna be no honeymoon. Okay, we been man for seventeen years, we got folk kids, and I'm sitting back here dog canceling.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you the counselor.
Speaker 12: I cannot cancel it without speaking to her.
Speaker 13: I tell you what your best better is to cancel that because if you put a charge on it, I'm gonna ride it and find Joe. What's your name? Excuse me, what's your name?
Speaker 12: I'm Brian, Sir, Brian.
Speaker 13: If there's one charge with my credit, I will find you, sir.
Speaker 12: Well, let me. Do you have Tony's number where I can call him and maybe you go.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm gonna have Tony's number in a minute because.
Speaker 7: I got her phone.
Speaker 13: I'm just go through it and find it because this is some and she gonna do it with Tony. So if you call back here, you're not gonna get her because she's gonna be over there with that.
Speaker 12: Okay, sir, Now there's one more person that's on the schedule on the room.
Speaker 13: A one more person. What they're doing to freesome?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure. Now I got another person on the on schedule on here.
Speaker 13: This can't get no words.
Speaker 12: Come on, Riddy, you want to I'm sorry. You want the name of your I want the.
Speaker 13: Name, Yes, come on with it. You can tell me everything else.
Speaker 12: Okay, I got a a uh somebody named Nephew Tommy. Excuse me, hey man, got bern and this is Nephew Tommy Man from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife got me the prank phone call you.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna I'm a being here at that then know this, Hey man, Okay, that's who she's been talking to you on the phone. Yep, all right, yeah, you got me?
Speaker 12: Got me, hey Burn. I gotta ask you what is the baddest and I'm talking about the baddest man radio show in the land.
Speaker 13: Steve Harvey Morning Show, Boat.
Speaker 2: Triple.
Speaker 1: Normal, Prank, President Franks, you all right? Thanking you? Coming up next, it is ask the clo you're listening Hardy Morning.
Speaker 10: Show coming up at the top of the hour, and the Entertainment news usher says the Super Bowl halftime show will honor black artists who came before him. Candy Burris is leaving the Real Housewives of Atlanta and Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes Daddy. Patrick Mahomes Senior was arrested for dui and Season three of Judge Steve will premiere tomorrow night on ABC and stream on Hulu. We'll talk about all of these stories, yes, at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the colo. This one's from Lauren in College Station. Lauren writes, I'm married and pregnant with our first child, but my husband doesn't know because he broke my heart. I found out I was pregnant the day I've found out he cheated.
Speaker 1: I'm still not speaking to him, So.
Speaker 16: Is it cool to hold the information from him?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I know you mad, but it's his child.
Speaker 8: Regard this, and as you and you and him are having a basis now, you're gonna want your son or daughter whatever it is, to have a father, which they're gonna have, and you want to be active in their life. So when you get through being mad, it's not important that he know now, but he's gonna have to share it with the information I don't want and you're not talking to him, but at one point in time, you're gonna have to tell it, you know.
Speaker 3: And if you all are married, and if he lived there.
Speaker 1: He's gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm working, so not telling him. I don't know what you hope to gain.
Speaker 2: From that, but you know it's going to chair all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Siello.
Speaker 10: Moving on to Sabrina in Germantown, who says, excuse me, I'm a single mom of four boys, and they are growing like weeds. I started thrifting and bringing nice things home for them, and two of my sons are grateful, but the other one. The the other two want new clothes. I get it, but I can't afford it. What do I tell them?
Speaker 8: Well, it's nothing you could you could tell him not you know, I can't afford it.
Speaker 2: You can tell them that.
Speaker 8: See, kids are some ungrateful they see kids don't know the struggle that a single mother's in.
Speaker 3: They're just not aware of.
Speaker 8: What all you got to do is get them anti theft tags and buy that little gun and put antact test anti theft tags on everything.
Speaker 2: Exactly like.
Speaker 8: Exactly all the suggestions I had that barbershop sold your store clothes all the time, head payment of them, tags on and everything.
Speaker 3: Take it off right in front of you, all the suggestions.
Speaker 8: Let's just tell you know, but seeing it's how they punking ass ain't working nowhere, you know, I just you know, well, I just tell them, you know, hey, look, this is what I'm buying. But you're free to go down there and buy whatever you like. You free to go out of here neked if you want to. Yeah, how you want to do it.
Speaker 1: They don't want the other kids making fund of that, you know how.
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 8: I mean it's like I told my sons, was time to go to college. You can go to any college. You won't pick, making choice. I'm paying for mohaw.
Speaker 10: Morehouse, all right. Moving on to a TC in Detroit. TC says I got drunk over the weekend and told my wife's friend that she could have any man she wanted because she is that fine. I thought it was a great pep talk at the time, But when I'm sobered up.
Speaker 1: I see why my wife is upset? So how do I fix this?
Speaker 3: You can't fix that with though.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 1: It's a little salty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why over the down because you see why she saw you know why I did.
Speaker 3: The only thing you could do is.
Speaker 8: Say, baby, I was drunk when I said that, and now that I'm sober, I should have never said that. What can I do to fix this for you? Do you want me to go in there and tell us she ugly a.
Speaker 16: Hell I like, but your wife is gonna always be thinking, well.
Speaker 3: Look your wife, no, your wife no.
Speaker 1: She knows what she knows that her girl friend.
Speaker 8: You know that girl friend. Y'all want to y'all know, y'all say it all the time. Y'all know, yeah.
Speaker 3: But we don't do it. Y'all do it all the time.
Speaker 16: We don't want to think that our husband know it.
Speaker 10: You know that our husbands know the same thing, and they're thinking about it, and all we know that.
Speaker 1: We know what he verbalized it.
Speaker 5: See he went with the peb Hell, we.
Speaker 8: Saw it before, you saw it, way before thoughted everything.
Speaker 1: Just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 2: What do you see?
Speaker 15: Even tell me he got drunk on Junior over the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're in your struggling before you find up, you get any man, you won't look at you.
Speaker 3: I knowing, well what what I'm just gonna leave it at down. I know that all I'm saying, he'll gonna get your head.
Speaker 17: NA be all right.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna wait in hell, it ain't ain't no healing.
Speaker 17: It's gonna.
Speaker 1: He thought it was a pep talk at the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, last one, last one. Clo Melicia in Kansas City says, my husband and I have airline credits to use before the end of June, and he asked if he can use his credit to fight in Vegas for the Big Game weekend.
Speaker 1: I wanted to use.
Speaker 10: I wanted us to visit LA for the first time with the credit. Should I give him my blessings.
Speaker 2: Raining in La? Let him go to Vega like he wanted.
Speaker 8: You wanted to do something, and he wanted to do something. Let me just put it to you this day. If you've got a good man and your man ain't here working and making it work, and he want to go to the game.
Speaker 3: Feel a great justice if you said, yeah, just go ahead.
Speaker 8: And then I know you all wanted to go to LA and then just put the pressure on him and just say that you have to promise me that you will take me to LA.
Speaker 3: And then a year and then put that crushure on this day.
Speaker 2: Okay, But Steve, he got to hick it in Vegas. What else? What kind of more money he gonna need when he get that up?
Speaker 8: All he already know that already he don't work that out in his mind. First of all, super Bowl weekend, the.
Speaker 2: Rooms is high as head.
Speaker 3: The Dicktown room.
Speaker 8: Is going, you know, to get the room in Vegas forty nine dollars ninety nine dollars. All you got to do is have a card at the casino. If you have a card, let me explain something. The reason when you're gambling, they ask you, do you want a card? Like if you go to a win, it's the red card. You go to MGM, that got to my life card. You know, you got to get one of them cards because when you put it in the machine, it registers will that you're gambling. All they want to see is that every time you come you put some money in that slop machine. As long as they know that, they'll give you a discount room cause they gonna get it back. See when I put that card in that machine, they see some wool, They see the flow through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do they do?
Speaker 8: They see the flow? They know they're gonna win some but they know they they watching hundreds get sleep. They're watching them hundred dollars bills gets slid.
Speaker 3: In that over and over and over.
Speaker 8: So then you go to the pit boss or the lady in the high slot room and say, hey, I think about going to dinner. Can you make reservations for me? They'll call right down there. You can go to any damn restaurant in that hotel. They ain't gonna you could be free and all this here they call those high roller benefits.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you something, They ain't giving you nothing.
Speaker 2: Now you done.
Speaker 8: Paid for it, because you gotta have X amount of points coming through that card to get a free meal.
Speaker 3: And that's how the game works.
Speaker 8: Because I'll get uh, because Vegas is not built on celebrity. It's built on high roller status. And they treat how rollers way, but they treat celebrities.
Speaker 9: You guys both both you both Hey in the back security Desmith's Harvey here, all right, thank you.
Speaker 10: Coelo coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you. Right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: Well, Usher says he will entertain what will surely be the biggest audience of his career on February eleventh, as millions of viewers watched Super Bowl fifty eight halftime show, and Usher says he's using the opportunity to pay homage to the black artists that have come before him. During a recent interview on Good Morning America, Usher said, quote to have R and B have the main stage at the super Bowl, it's a major thing for me, he says, I think about what our country has kind of represented for black artists, you know, having to at some point go through kitchens to even be able to perform for an audience, but they had to leave back through the same door and fear for their lives as they went to the next state to do the same thing. Usher said, So I'm coming through the front door with this one. I think about all of the R and B performers who I carry in this moment. Yeah, that's a lot of us.
Speaker 1: Sure though.
Speaker 8: Well, the first time I really understood how good Usher was at was one year at the Essence Festival.
Speaker 3: He did a tribute to Luther.
Speaker 8: Vanrois and I was sitting back there, going, how this dude gonna sit up here and do some damn Luther songs? You know, he did it his own way. He didn't try to sound like Luther, and he killed it, man, he actually killed it and did a Marvin Gaye song and a Luther. So if he take that approach that I saw at the Essen State year. I take that boy right there. Boy, but he's something special.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: It's good to see R and B. Because you haven't seen R and B at the super Bowl. You haven't. You've seen pop rock, you've seen hip hop, you see all the rock, but I've never seen R and B. I tell you what I saw the other day.
Speaker 3: That's not.
Speaker 8: She closest thing to it now that fiance. Lord, But I tell you who. I saw a video the other day, current video. And boy, let me tell you something that damn Pebow Bryson. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: I played that about nine times.
Speaker 8: And I want to make another statement that overlooked because you know, we were talking about female artists, female artists of R and B. And you know who I left out and I forgot about. You know who really be doing that thing? That damn Alicia keys Man. I saw Alicia keys Man. She is not a joke man.
Speaker 5: Play zero games, Alicia keys.
Speaker 7: Sleep.
Speaker 10: So yeah, we'll be watching you usher. We can't wait, We cannot wait.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have pizza.
Speaker 1: I want to see more than the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited now.
Speaker 8: I don't want what I what I know, I'll get all them chicken wings and hot dogs and stuff sitting around and all let stuff.
Speaker 3: Go to wait, I'm an auto meeting po damn pizzas.
Speaker 1: All right, and other entertainment news.
Speaker 10: According to USA Today, Candy Burrows will not be returning to the Real Housewives of Atlanta for season fifteen. Candy made the announcement during an interview at the Grammys on the Red Carpet this past Sunday. She said, even though they've asked her back, She's going to take a break. Candy went on to say, I've got some nice, big projects coming soon, and I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: About those things.
Speaker 10: Candy first appeared on Real Housewives in season two, and she has since become the longest serving cast member out out lasting Nani Porsia, Phaedra and Kendram Moore.
Speaker 1: So there you go, Candy. We will miss you, Yeah we do. But she got a job. Lots of Joe.
Speaker 3: Hand has always been one that had something going on.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, she's booking if she came in with something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: She's always been cool, you know, yeah we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got no problem with none of them.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't got no problem.
Speaker 10: Finally, Steven Entertainment News. According to TMZ, Kansas City chief quarterback Patrick Mahomes Daddy was arrested for driving while intoxicated this past Saturday night in Texas. He's fifty three years old. His name is Patrick Mahomes Senior. He was released on ten thousand dollars bail. And this wasn't his first arrest for DUI. He was also reportedly arrested back in twenty nineteen for DUI, which he was sentenced to forty days in Mahome Senior. Well, it's not a good look for him, as we all know. This is his son, Patrick Mahomes Junior. He's just days away from competing against San Francisco forty nine ers for a Super Bowl title.
Speaker 8: I mean it's his daddy. Yeah yeah, and he got hit with a DUI. Thank god, nobody was involved.
Speaker 1: Thank god. So now just stop doing over, stop doing that.
Speaker 3: But see, at this point you gotta start talking about help.
Speaker 8: Yes, and you got to consider the bigger picture and all of these parents that have famous children, you know all hemen. You got to consider the big picture. Yes, this ain't about you, This is a big picture. Now you've poured into your son to get them there for your daughter. To get them there. Don't take the moment, you know, like like the ball boys and they.
Speaker 3: Daddy he you know, he got him there. You gotta get his man. Credit.
Speaker 8: Man, he did an outstanding job as a father to get all them boys that far with the basketball. And then he just took a back seat after a while. He went, while I'm getting in the way, I'm getting in front of my son, and he backed up. But mellow ball naim daddy. That's the hell of a daddy. Going to sit down somewhere. Richard Richard Williams another outstanding father that knew how to stay out.
Speaker 3: The way, you know.
Speaker 8: Joe Jackson, another outstanding father knew how to stay out the way. And y'all be talking about he beat the kids and stuff. Yo, daddy kicked your ass too, And thank.
Speaker 1: God for that was what it was back in the day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, man, Because you're talking about somebody gave their child a whipping.
Speaker 3: This was back in the day. They whipped children back in the day. That's all.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: He beat them here all right?
Speaker 10: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, The New York Times faces criticism for an article referring to the fade haircut as a Travis Kelsey haircut.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that right after this what You're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 10: On Monday, January twenty ninth, The New York Times published an article by Alison Krueger titled quote They'll take the Travis Kelcey hairdoo.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: The gist is that.
Speaker 10: A lot of men are taking to their local barbershops and asking for a haircut. The article cites a TikTok video from barber Jeff Dougas saying that his brother came in with photos of Kelsey for reference. Travis Kelcey is receiving a lot of backlash because this article never talked about the history of black barbers and the black haircuts and the faith Black people are so used to seeing our culture stolen.
Speaker 1: Here we go again.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think we should be mad at Kelsey because he didn't know not Kelsey. See see, you know these people are dumping it on him like the fade been out. That's out way years, don't we So I'm talking about decades that hairs cut so old?
Speaker 3: The hell, y'all, Kelsey.
Speaker 9: Stop starting acting, yeah.
Speaker 8: Asked Lois doctor dre damn fade. I can't count the people that had had fades, they had stopped. They just but you know, like the ladies were talking about on the commercial break, they tried to give bo Derrek credit for break.
Speaker 1: For the break. Yeah, she got that front.
Speaker 8: Braid up here, right, What's what's what's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's like we're still not seen, right, we get no credit for for creating these trends.
Speaker 1: In these you know, it just gets stoke.
Speaker 8: Travis kelty A made no damn Fade famous. Yea asked Travis where he got it from. Yeah, that's what which one of the football players he saw he got it from on his team.
Speaker 7: But we.
Speaker 9: As a culture music, all of that fashion and everything.
Speaker 3: Before he was born here, way before he was born. Man.
Speaker 8: Look, white kids is dread and they had not making dread locks and all this. Hell, yes, we already know where has come from. Here's here's what I try to tell young black They go to tell people out of the country to white kids do what they see black kids do.
Speaker 3: You don't see black kids doing what white kids do.
Speaker 8: Trend set Black people start all the dances, what we wear and how we do I have. We don't we control all that except the trends. Ain't no black people run around trying to get in rock and roll.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 2: And it's not whe.
Speaker 10: It's copied or duplicated. It's not even that would give us credit.
Speaker 3: And rockley Roll came from little Richard and a pretty boy.
Speaker 2: What's his name, Chuck Berry?
Speaker 8: Chuck Berry, Oh, Richard. It's a whole lot. But it did black history, monk. That's black history.
Speaker 10: Yes, all right, coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll talk about this political news coming out of the atl We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hard.
Speaker 10: Morning show and trending political news out of Atlanta. According to ABC News, Fulton County DA Fannie Willis has acknowledged her personal relationship with a special prosecutor, Nathan Wade, she hired back in twenty twenty one. She hired him to assist her in the investigation of the Georgia election interference case against former President Donald Trump well d A. Willis has argued there are no grounds to dismiss the case or to remove her from from the prosecution. Wade added that none of the funds paid to him as part of the job have been shared with Willis, which the defense claims could be viewed as a conflict of interest. Wade described himself and Willis as quote, both financially independent professionals. I have made and purchased travel for District Attorney Willis and myself from my personal funds. At other times, District Attorney Willis has made and purchase travel for the two of us from her personal funds. I have no financial interest in the outcome of the twenty twenty election, in affarance case, or in the con conviction of any defendants.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: A judge will hear more testimony next week to consider if Willis and Wade should be disqualified from the state's case.
Speaker 8: Wow, I don't think they should. What the hell that got to do with what he did? See trum y'ah make it a case. They are masters at distract, They are masters are throwing you off the course of what it is. The eye on the prize is what did he do illegally? Stay right there? Who slept with?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 8: Ain't got damn thing to do with none of this. I don't care who had an affair, I really don't. I really don't. And what y'all worried about it? For y'all didn't care nothing about when he was sleeping with Stormy. That ain't bother y'all. Hello, Lord, she slept with somebody? Was not he married when he paid off the porno star? Was not he married when he took the playboy bunny on a tour of his penthouse in New York? The former president of this Yeah, y'all want to re elect again?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I just want to just say a number.
Speaker 8: Didn't he not falsified bank statement, and and and and and and and blow up the price and exaggerate the price of a properties that he had to ensure that he got more money.
Speaker 3: All this is proven, this is on paper.
Speaker 1: And we heard the phone call.
Speaker 10: Remember we heard he was talking to Raffensburger asking go.
Speaker 1: Find me some votes. We heard that set the world to charge. Go find them.
Speaker 10: I need about how many eleven thousand? Y I just need a few phone calls, few votes, just a few more.
Speaker 1: We all heard it.
Speaker 16: We all heard it.
Speaker 1: So trying to make.
Speaker 15: This a distraction and trying to.
Speaker 8: Friends and throwing it off and now this is a corruption and no, no, no, no, you were involved in corruption. An affair is not corruption.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the affair is an affair. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So anyway, a judge will hear more testimony next week to consider if Willison Wade should be disqualified from the state's case.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, I don't know how much the judge need to hear how much we get.
Speaker 16: Judge heard a lot and nothing happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what just like Junior Wade, it's just an affair, that's all I need to hear.
Speaker 1: What else we got to hear them?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 18: Is an affair, that's all.
Speaker 3: It's a family.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 15: But you know they're gonna try to spend this all the way around, Yeah, to be.
Speaker 1: Just you know, distract somebody who loves singer Steve.
Speaker 3: Rose up to be.
Speaker 12: Mom.
Speaker 16: Coming up the nephew with today's prank phone call right after.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show, coming.
Speaker 10: Up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is let's stay at your house tonight. Okay, we'll get into that, find out what that's all about.
Speaker 1: Stay over there.
Speaker 10: Right now, though, it is time for the nephew with today's prank phone call?
Speaker 1: What you got for his neph s mother?
Speaker 11: Not segregated? All right, now I can do a segregated prank. Do you all want to do a segregate we're.
Speaker 1: Goods in Black history months?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean we separate something done with y'all. Moment here we go, let's go get doog sit here?
Speaker 2: Good mother?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Roger, can I seek to Roger? Roger? Hey, this Calvin Man.
Speaker 12: How you doing?
Speaker 7: I go to the same church y'all go to. Okay, I got your number from one of the guys at the church. Man. They told me that if I wanted to talk to you, I could, I could reach out to you or whatever. How you doing today?
Speaker 17: I'm good, man, I'm good.
Speaker 7: How can help your wife? Man? Does she I'm not trying to be disrespectful anything, but she seems to be real fit? Does she does? She work out all the time.
Speaker 17: She goes to Jenuary once in a while.
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 17: Yeah, who is bro?
Speaker 7: Like I said, I think, Calvin Man, we go to the same church. Listen, me and my wife been trying for a long time, man to actually have some kids. And to be honest with you, rogerick Man, it just ain't having the dog. I mean, We've been trying and trying. But what I'm trying to do now is just find another type of way to make this happen. Now, you say your wife is in good condition, right.
Speaker 17: My wife is in good condition. Brother, What did she got to do? Is you want your wife trying for a baby?
Speaker 15: She?
Speaker 7: You know? Now, y'all already got kids, don't you. Y'all got like from what the brother the church told me, y'all got three kids.
Speaker 17: Right, yeah, we got I got two boys and the girl.
Speaker 7: Okay, here's what I'm trying to do, man, I was hoping that I could find somebody, a female that would be a good surrogate mother. A What you know what I'm saying is like because my wife, I mean, you know, we want to have kids, man, we want to have a brother.
Speaker 17: Hold on, brother, you just said you sure you're looking for a surrogate mother, and the brothers church told you to call me?
Speaker 7: Well no, no, no, ain't nobody tell me to actually call you. I asked them about you and your wife, you know, I asked them for your phone numbers so I can actually call you myself.
Speaker 17: Man, Wait a minute, so even even I and my wife.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no, not. I ain't been so you're looking at it wrong. Listen what I was saying that your wife just seems like a healthy health the person I want to be able to have a healthy child. Man, I really do. Man, me and my wife we listen, you call.
Speaker 17: Me about my wife and you want her to be a Shara good mother for you. I don't even know while we're on the phone.
Speaker 7: Brother, here's the real deal, man, me and my wife, we can't have kids. We tried and tried and tried, and you know, biologically, we've just been going through it and going through it. Man. And I was just you know, I've seen your wife. She's healthy. I see all at church all the time. And I was just like reaching out, Man, maybe somebody wouldn't mind being the surrogate mother for for me and my wife so we can have a child.
Speaker 17: Y'all think sharrogo mother. I mean, hold on, brother, you calling me to see if my wife can be a Sharago money for your child.
Speaker 7: And I know it's crazy, it's crazy, and.
Speaker 17: I think you can watch your line. Brother, out of all the members in the church, you're calling me to get our wife have your baby.
Speaker 7: No, I know it sound crazy, man, I do.
Speaker 17: I don't know what, but I ignorant. Brother, I'm trying you sound ignorant. Man, That's so many places to go doctor baby. I can take you down to your county court house and show you kids need a doctor right next. But you can go to Africa like all the rest of them people and gonna find your baby. You're gonna call me and my wife is twenty thousand members in this church. Do you know how stupid you?
Speaker 7: No? Brother, brother, and man, listen, man, I'm not trying to come across like that.
Speaker 17: Man, how are you trying to come across? But you didn't done it?
Speaker 7: To hear me out? Man, I don't want you to go ahead, brother, go ahead, man, Okay, were looking for a Sarah Good mother. We look, we seen your your wife and we thought she'd be a great Sarah Good mother. And I know it sounds crazy for me to pick you out of all the people that go to the church. I understand that, man, I do, but listen, we would love for your wife to be the surrogate mother, and we willing to pay for this. But listen to them if you don't mind, we don't want to do this with no test tubes and all that where they they mixed my seed with her with with with her egg. We want to do this naturally.
Speaker 11: Wait wor whoa whoa who?
Speaker 17: You dont have appeal?
Speaker 7: You just said, man, you gotta understand a real man want to do I want to do realistically. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: I understand that, brother Hoder. Brother, you are you telling me that you want to have sex with my wife? But I mean, I mean, you know you don't you want to have me to lose all my christianity right now?
Speaker 7: Brother, you want to have a baby the real way though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: I don't give a damn having the sake way. You tell me you want to lay down. We're in the bed with my wife.
Speaker 7: But damn you already got three kids. Think about the people.
Speaker 17: That can't rid them going doctor baby, Man, take your damn it ain't gonna doctor damn baby because you didn't go sit down, psych contrct brother around have your baby. Do you know what you sound like?
Speaker 7: Done?
Speaker 17: Crazy?
Speaker 7: I know it sounds crazy, man, I do.
Speaker 14: I did to get my number, man, to mean you get my number.
Speaker 7: I got your number for one of the brothers at the church. Now listen, just be real with you like a man. I wanted to come at you first and talk to you like a man and see, you know if you was cool with the proposition. But look, come Sunday, I'm gonna go to your wife and just talk to her. What I'm just gonna go. I'm just gonna talk to your wife and see if you lost your mind.
Speaker 17: I told your answer.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 17: Now you're telling me gonna go around me and act. Which you're a'm gonna do is talk to my wife.
Speaker 14: You're call my wife you right now, I'm not tell your wife you call.
Speaker 17: Him my white I'm gonna tell you what's really gonna happen.
Speaker 7: You call my wife and wife next Sunday.
Speaker 14: I'm not gonna go through this when you're here.
Speaker 7: I'm talking to her next Sunday.
Speaker 17: Next Sunday, I'm gonna whoop you.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna do nothing to me.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna whoop yo, man, my wife.
Speaker 7: Who deserve a time too? You ain't. You ain't gonna stand in the middle of it.
Speaker 17: I don't ask the middle of this. You lost your like we talked.
Speaker 14: To my wife's next week you want too, I got one more thing I want to say to you.
Speaker 7: Man, is you listening to me?
Speaker 12: Say?
Speaker 17: What the keep gotta safe? You can get off my phone.
Speaker 7: Beth is nept You Timmy from the Steve Hobbin Morning Show. You just got pranked by your own boy?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 7: Who this is this? Listen? What this man? This nephew? Tell me? Man from the Steve Hobby Morning Show. Your own boy got me to frank phone call you man.
Speaker 17: I'm over here, Man, my head is spinning.
Speaker 7: You know what? Man?
Speaker 17: You got me calling brother? I'm ready to fight.
Speaker 7: Brother. Hey, I got one more thing to ask you big dogs? What is man? What is the baddest I'm talking about the.
Speaker 17: Baddest radio show in the land, man, the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Man, y'all got me this morning?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 17: I got me, man, and now you have it.
Speaker 2: Stupidity at its best.
Speaker 16: Or worse, depending on how you look at.
Speaker 2: This Friday.
Speaker 11: I went to Ah's this Friday at the North Atlantic Region in Atlantic City is going down. It's a step show hosted by yours truly. I'm hanging out with the ski wee Weeeze and my wife. She approves this message. She's gonna let me go. Down there and today as long as I getting back from time for the Super Bowl. Laying in the cut is Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: The nephew is coming to town. Tickets are on seal.
Speaker 11: Red now and the date is fib Yea Avery twenty seventh, twenty eight twenty nine. Fiby Avery twenty seventh, twenty eight, twenty nine. Nephew, come to town and thank you again. In New York City, it's alipya. Oh yeah, twenty we got one day extra Black history.
Speaker 3: Nice, twenty nine days old for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: On family Feud.
Speaker 8: The other day, I met a girl who was born on February twenty ninth of Alief year. Yeah, so she's like technically twenty six, twenty five years old when she told she was six six, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because she has a birthday every four year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Sleep your election year, all of that. Yeah, we got to get it together this year voting wise. All right, Thank you nephew.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, it is my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is let's stay at your house tonight.
Speaker 1: Got it, Let's stay at your house tonight.
Speaker 10: At your house tonight, we'll find out why get into that right after this you're.
Speaker 1: Listening morning show. It's time now for today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit straw Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, And you never know.
Speaker 1: This one right here could be yours.
Speaker 11: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew.
Speaker 10: Subject, Let's stay at your house tonight. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm thirty one years old and my boyfriend and I have been together for eight months. We live almost an hour apart, so he gradually started staying at my house for days at a time. I just let it happen because it was cold outside and I wanted to cuddle. He lives in the house he grew up in with his sister. His parents moved back to their hometown and left the house to his sister, but she couldn't afford the upkeep, so he is living with her. I've stayed overnight there a few times, but there is no real privacy with his sister there. In the past few days, I have switched things up and I asked if we could stay at his house.
Speaker 1: Here's why.
Speaker 10: His sister posted a video in her close Friends stories on Instagram, and it was her my boyfriend and a girl he used to have sex with before.
Speaker 7: He met me.
Speaker 10: He got drunk one night and pointed her out to me, and I never forget a face in the video. His sister was shouting quote my roomies, and they were at the house toasting with champagne. Now, when I asked to spend the night at his house, he gets irritated, and I think something's up. So again today I said to him, let's stay at your house tonight. He lied and said he hates his mattress and he has to get another one before I stay at his house again.
Speaker 1: He must think I'm slow.
Speaker 10: I found the video by snooping on his phone, so I cannot come right out and ask about the girl. I don't want him to know I'm going through his things, So how should I ask him if that girl is his ex sex partner. I could be mistaken, But why won't he let me stay there, and why didn't he tell me if female lives with him?
Speaker 1: Period? With them period?
Speaker 10: Okay, you started this by letting him stay at your house because it was cold outside and you wanted to cuddle. You should have gotten all the information you're asking us for now eight months ago. Questions like are you married, do you live with some one? Are you seeing someone? Those are important questions that you could ask wild cuddling. You need to know these things before you guys even start sleeping together. Then you can decide what you want to do based on what you know about him and his situation, because if you don't ask, they're not gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: They're not going to tell you this.
Speaker 10: The thing is, though you have stayed at his house before. I don't get that part. This is confusing what you're asking. Why can't you stay at his house when you've already stayed there? Listen, you just got to ask him what you want to know?
Speaker 2: What are you afraid of?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't get that. Just ask him, do you live with someone?
Speaker 7: Is she you know?
Speaker 10: Ask him again. He's not gonna volunteer any information to you. You gotta get it yourself.
Speaker 8: Steve Well, Well, Well, well, well, here we go again. Uh, here's a problem. You know, like Shirley said, you're asking a lot of these questions after the fact.
Speaker 3: That's what you want us to do.
Speaker 8: But let me just going to help you real quick. This ain't gonna take long. I may do a reenactment or something, but this letter really gets down. It ain't about nothing until you get to the end. You've been dating this guy for eight months. You don't really know him, y'all stay about an hour apart. So he started staying at your house more and more. You said you let it happen because it was cold outside and you wanted to cut him alright, cool. He lived in a house, he grew up here with his sins, this mother and Neil left it to him, you know, moved out of town or something. And you said you stayed overnight there a few times. But there's no real privacy with his sister.
Speaker 1: That okay.
Speaker 8: You ain't noticed nobody else when you were staying over there at the house a few times. You ain't notice another bedroom, you ain't. You ain't see a couple of coffee mugs on the counter, you didn't. You ain't see no signs of another female most women can smell out another female. How you didn't in your several trips spending the night is beyond me. But obviously you don't pay attention. And then in the past few days you switched things up and I asked if you could stay at his house.
Speaker 3: And here's why you started as his.
Speaker 8: Sister posted a video in her close Friends stories on Instagram and it was her my boyfriend and girl he used to have sex with before he met me.
Speaker 3: Okay, they are all at the house. You weren't there. They are all at the house.
Speaker 8: And he got drunk one night and pointed out house out to me and I never forget a face in the video. His sister was shouting my roomies and they were at the house, toasted with champagne. Now, when I asked to spend the night of this house, he get irritated, and I think something's up. Okay, now you have a right to think something's up because you asked to stay there.
Speaker 3: Now and he get irritated, Well, why would he get irritated.
Speaker 2: Let me just go on it.
Speaker 8: I can do this letter right now and be over with it. And I tell you what, we'll come back. We'll come back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna just sum it up real quick, because this ain't nothing to this letter. I don't know what you want us to do. But after that we'll do a reenactment. Surely is gonna start interviewing me the boyfriend, about why she can't come over to my house which has my sister in it and my ex lover in it. And after I explain this to you, surely go ask me some question and I'm gonna tell him, tell her what she been here from him? All right, So y'all see the mind of a man.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 10: Coming up, we'll have part two of Steve's response and a reenactment at twenty three minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: The subject of today's Strawberry letter is let's stay at your house tonight? Okay. Reenactment coming up right after this. You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 10: All right, Come on, Steve. First, let's recap the strawberry letter. The subject is, let's stay at your house tonight?
Speaker 3: All right, This thirty one year old lady been dating this boy for eight months.
Speaker 8: They live about an hour apart, so he comes over there sometime, and more and more he been staying over tonight. She allowed it to happen because it's cold outside and she want to cuddle. She has stayed over his hose a few times, but there's no privacy there because his sister lived in the house that they Mama gave to the sister after they moved out of town. But sis came afford to upkeep, so now he and there paying the rent. Well, now they've been over there a few times, but she don't like it because it ain't no privacy there. But then there's she switched things up and asked if she stayed at his house a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And here's the reason why she switched it up.
Speaker 8: His sister that he lived with posted a video of her close friends on Instagram and it was her, the boyfriend and a girl he used to have sex.
Speaker 3: With before we met.
Speaker 8: Now, the reason she know that is because he got drunk one night, pointed out to me and I never forget her face. Then the video on his sister was shouting my roomies, my roomies, and they at the house told Tota Champagne. So now when I asked him to spend the night, he get irritating. I think some up and I think something. Well, now when you was over there at them times that you spent the night. Like I said earlier, you didn't see no sign that was another woman there. Most women should smell out for them, or if it ain't nowhere any help, she would notice if somebody over there in him sister, three coffee bugs on the table, you know, three would snipstick on every day, Three two Russias and then cup over.
Speaker 2: You know, stuff like this.
Speaker 8: You gotta start adding up his riffs till to him one and one is two and never three one one is nine three. Even if you add the plus sign, you get him over here.
Speaker 2: You come on, now.
Speaker 12: Do this.
Speaker 8: So anyway, I said to him, let's stay at your house tonight. He lied and said he hates his mattress and has to get another one for I stayed at his house again.
Speaker 3: That was a nice try, but it didn't fool you. He must think I'm slow.
Speaker 8: I found a video by snooping on his phone, so I cannot come right out and ask him about the girl. I don't want him to know I'm going through his things. So how should I ask him if the girl is his ex sex party? Well, he showed you the girl in the video.
Speaker 7: One time.
Speaker 8: All you got to do is act like a woman and say, hey, I was thinking you remember you remember that picture you showed me? Oh, but man, you saw her again on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: Ain't that the.
Speaker 8: Same girl that you said you had such with? And just let him explain it to you. So how should I ask.
Speaker 3: Him if that's the girl? Is his exces father? Could I be mistaken?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Right here is the loophole that he gonna jump in?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because now you stupid, because you the type in the letter, I could be mistaken you damn skipping you finish be mistaken if you asked me better, Especially if I'm on my way to work and I hit his letter on the radio, so I'm not gonna hear where you talk about me. But why won't he let me stay at? Why won't he let you stay there? Because it's already crowded. There's a lot of people in that house. And if he lets you stay there, y'all are watching TV and everybody come in and sit down, he gonna be sweating bullets. And why didn't he tell me a female lives with them? Because you didn't ask. You didn't ask that the female stayed at? Why would he tell your females stayed there, because when you stayed there with him a few times you did stay that you didn't ask. Was no female there? He didn't think it was important. They just roommates. Now that we got that out the way. The reason he don't ask you to stay there because it's proud. The other reason he don't add why didn't he tell you because you didn't ask. So now that you notice, Sureley is gonna act like the girl is asking her boyfriend about this whole situation.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna tell you how man gonna plays.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, shut okay, baby, I was thinking it was so good.
Speaker 10: Hey, why don't we stay at your house tonight and cuddle like we do at my house?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, I tell you know that mattress I got. I got to get another mattress in here. You don't want stay there?
Speaker 10: Well, when I stayed over there before, the mattress was fine, it was felt like brand new.
Speaker 3: It really was firm everything. No, I got bed bugs now, bug? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we gotta get rid of bed up in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just shut it down for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can't come over there if you want to, if you don't mind getting ate up a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that that's okay.
Speaker 10: But but maybe I can go with you to get the new mattress and then we'll get another one and bring that in.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool?
Speaker 8: Cool, And we could say, yeah, I get the money for the mattress and some free time, we're going.
Speaker 2: To we go mattress shops.
Speaker 1: Oh well, how long has that got mad?
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a sale in on March, and.
Speaker 1: So March, go down there in March. I have to wait that long.
Speaker 8: Well, it's February right now. If I gotta get I gotta get paid a couple more chicks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, why don't you ask your sister, Maybe she'll help you.
Speaker 7: Oh no.
Speaker 8: The reason I'm helping my sisters because she couldn't afford her Mom and daddy gave it to you. Yeah, that's why I had to move here, because you can't keep it up by itself in the house, especially old.
Speaker 2: You know, my mom and daddy is old.
Speaker 10: I thought it would be nice, you know, you know, change of scenery put a little spark into our relationship.
Speaker 8: Well, you know it's most sparking at your house because we have more privacy over there.
Speaker 2: Even you said that in the letter. I mean, can you said that because of your sister?
Speaker 1: But we just have to keep it down.
Speaker 10: Be a little quiet, that's all, and it'll work. I like staying over your house act.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't almost say you.
Speaker 1: No, I know how to keep it down.
Speaker 3: No, you ain't never kept it down, But I know how though what you might know how, I don't.
Speaker 12: Know.
Speaker 1: I got Well, we're grown. It's not like she's our parents, your parents. We're grown.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, it's kind of like, you know, you don't really want to do that. Hey, oh hey, I got to go to work. He babe, I talked to you later on he.
Speaker 10: Poster comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Harby have some on an Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the iHeartRadio app downloaded today, coming up at forty six minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: We got Sports Talk with right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: All right, ladies and gentlemen, he is here, Junior and Sports Talk, which you know, it's.
Speaker 18: Black History months, so we might as well do some things and see how much unk.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 18: I got some black sports trivia for your uncle.
Speaker 3: It's just it's gonna be real and you won't jump. He's real. They come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Y's just he's real.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start off.
Speaker 3: He's been in a sports that we know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 18: I did all that in one year. Did Jim Brown lead the league in Russia?
Speaker 3: Every year he was in the league nine.
Speaker 18: He's right, every year he was in the league fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Every year he was in the league nine years, never missed a football game. That's black. Who you talking to? Come on?
Speaker 7: Here we go?
Speaker 3: Who was known as the Brown Obama Rob Joe Lewis.
Speaker 1: Joe Lewis, it was sure Joe Lewis.
Speaker 2: He's known as the.
Speaker 9: Brown Bama okay uh, who finished their career with seven hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Five home runs.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hank carry, yes, it is okay.
Speaker 2: Well you doing on this?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: I thought, Faithball, I see you.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm black as hell, be black, live these moments right here.
Speaker 3: I've been rubbing this stuff in white folk. Faith. If I get a record, I can throw up to day I'll be at work. I'll be waiting on something.
Speaker 2: To happen up.
Speaker 3: What else you got your Okay?
Speaker 7: As it is.
Speaker 9: Man, what prize fighter won the middleweight title five times?
Speaker 3: Sugar Ray Leonard Marvin Hagler.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, now Sugar Ray Robinson.
Speaker 2: Sugar, That's what I meant. That's sugar.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sugar Rat Ray Robinson. I'm mit Sugar Ray Robinson. No, Sugar Ray Leonard. Walter Wait, I'm in sugar Rate Robert and sugar Rate was never middleweight, he was.
Speaker 3: Walter.
Speaker 8: Wait, I mean you got your sugars missed. I just didn't say. I just said that too fast. But I meant sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar.
Speaker 1: We'll give you five times.
Speaker 4: We get them.
Speaker 18: That's cool, okay. Who was the first African American to coach a professional sports team, the.
Speaker 2: Guy for the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean Lenny what's his name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: William h.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to that one.
Speaker 1: Who was Bill Russell?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Bill Russell was the first. I ain't know that. I ain't.
Speaker 18: I get out here, go on, I know you know this with who was the youngest heavyweight champ?
Speaker 3: Mike Tyson?
Speaker 1: This show was Mike Tyson.
Speaker 18: Boy, you ain't mad, you ain't did bad man?
Speaker 3: You us you got me right to you?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: Great job, Steve.
Speaker 16: Happy Black History Month, everybody coming up at the top of the hour. Thank you Junior.
Speaker 10: A man on social media needs some advice from you, Steve, He says, should I keep my lotto winnings a secret?
Speaker 16: We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, this is for you, Terrence and Steve Harvey FM. Wright. So I won the lottery.
Speaker 10: It's not Jeff Bezos type of money, but it's enough to have a relatively comfortable life from here on out, that is, if I can find a way to keep it. For the last two years, my wife and I have had a hard time, and divorce has come up often. We're even separated at the moment. I haven't told anyone about my lottery winning, and I am planning on.
Speaker 1: Keeping it that way.
Speaker 10: Here's my question, what are the risks of filing for divorce and not telling her about it at all? I have no problem with keeping a secret, but eventually word will get out if we get divorced and then she finds out. How about how much money I want? I don't want to give her half.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's a deal.
Speaker 2: Let me explain something.
Speaker 8: People first, of all, if you have never had anything with your wife, you may not face this. But when you go to a divorce, if there's a suspicion that you have stuff, they have this thing out called a forensic accountant.
Speaker 3: You can't hide it, damn thing.
Speaker 8: Also, if you've been running any of this money through a bank account and you file for divorce, there's a strong possibility you ain't gonna be able to keep this a secret because they gonna run your information dog. So I'm assuming that this is enough money for you to have ran it through the bank because you had to cash check somewhere and you got to keep the money somewhere.
Speaker 2: So go ahead the car.
Speaker 3: What's your question for I finish up time?
Speaker 2: Can he get his ticket to like his mama? Or now now?
Speaker 8: Now now because he got the money. I kind of learned this from time. But here's a suggestion. I'm not gonna say, fake your death.
Speaker 1: That's igal.
Speaker 3: You do need to get operations.
Speaker 1: Look different.
Speaker 2: Face off.
Speaker 8: You can file for a different social Security number. That's not illegal. If you legally get a new Social Security number, you need a new ID, and you've got to talk to somebody that's good at that. They have theft I D Now you don't need to steal nobody's ID, but you need a new one. And I know y'all have talked about divorce and you don't want to give her half. If anything is in a bank account, you have got to get that money out that bank account and into that new ID bank account.
Speaker 1: You have got to why you with his wife together and are not working.
Speaker 2: It out with her?
Speaker 1: You know you mean hollering that she deserves half.
Speaker 5: Half a lot o ticket for what she was his wife when he bought the lottery ticket, so she didn't they know they were separated, so was telling why he broke Probably you ain't in half, no damn lottery.
Speaker 2: Up with someone.
Speaker 1: You look at me.
Speaker 2: My money? Hell man, I ain't think I changed my gender. I't.
Speaker 11: I ain't getting her this damn money. I'll be I'll be Regina next week. I'm starting. I ain't doing.
Speaker 3: It's money, he wins.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he said enough to be comfortable from here on out, he said, not Jef Bezos kind of money, but enough to be common.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody got that kind of money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said comfortable though, come to from here on out. From now, it's money.
Speaker 3: What is the figure.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go in millions quickly around the horn, no longer than five seconds to answer the question. Tell me the amount of money for you to live comfortably here on out, Shirley. What's the number right now? Seconds?
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 1: What million? You said?
Speaker 7: Say?
Speaker 1: Millions?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Twenty million? Good caller? Ten thirty ten million, yeah, thirty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I can make it happen in fifteen.
Speaker 1: That's the number.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 1: What's your number? You're about to be Shane, one hundred millions.
Speaker 3: I ain't got to talk to y'all no more.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, All right.
Speaker 10: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Okay, So everyone's really concerned about the high cost of grocery these days, right especially heading into the Super Bowl this Sunday, when chicken wings are the star of the show. Yes, they are, but an agricultural economist says we shouldn't worry too much about the cost because prices of some Super Bowl party staples have actually come down and quite a bit.
Speaker 1: For instance, fresh chicken.
Speaker 10: Wings are averaging three dollars and twenty six dollars a pound twenty six cents a pound, which is down five percent from last year. Frozen wings are down eleven percent, and even the cost of two liter bottles of soda is down from a year ago. But you do still need to pay close attention to the prices of some party favorites like chips, dips, and salsa, which all cost a little more than they did last Yearly mean same with huh, what'd you change my party?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Listen, listen.
Speaker 3: If you down to try to figure out how much chips cost, you don't need help. You'll need.
Speaker 1: Just watch the boy yourself.
Speaker 3: Don't have about it over your house. If you want about the bag of chips.
Speaker 8: And chips and dip, come on now, sod cream, a pack of uh, a pack of lifting on your mix. Damn cream, that's dip where we act. You ain't got money for that, and you ain't got money for chips. You don't need no damn super Bowl party telling people come over your house. You sit here talking about, Oh, I don't know how much the chip's gonna cost. You don't need nobody at your house. Watch this game by your damn self. Pairs of coke and go sit your ass down.
Speaker 1: After the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this? You're listening hard morning show and it's time now for a rounded?
Speaker 16: Would you rather?
Speaker 10: Would you rather never be noticed for what you say or never be noticed for what you wear?
Speaker 3: I'll never be noticed for I wear. I want to be famous for what I say.
Speaker 1: Uh huh oh really, damn, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna be flying.
Speaker 2: Well, you ain't got to say.
Speaker 11: Nothing to me.
Speaker 1: They're gonna talk anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm clean, I don't get Damn.
Speaker 7: What what I say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What I say? Yeah? I said my voice?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather smell like garlic? Or would you rather smell like a wet dog?
Speaker 2: Garlic garlic speak for itself. Yeah, hey, pump it on your teeth? Man, you had that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, some dog? You're smelling like a wet dog.
Speaker 1: You can't really explain that, No, dog, what does this smell like?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with your.
Speaker 1: Pretty bad?
Speaker 10: Would you rather wrestle a gorilla or would you rather wrestle an alligator?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 18: It lose both of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I'm gonna yet, no, no, no, I'm gonna jump on that alligator back on the ground.
Speaker 3: He can't be in the water though, But on the ground, I'm gonna jump on his ass.
Speaker 8: But you can't jump on that, are you notil you got a chance. If you could just stay behind that alligator and get him in the bad hug and just hang on for dealer as long as you on dry land. But if you grabbed that damn gorilla, no you're done. No, no, Now, I'm gonna get in here with this alligator.
Speaker 1: What happens if you grab.
Speaker 2: You grab playing your ass.
Speaker 1: Your buddy Guy Boom say he would fight a gorilla.
Speaker 8: He said, if you give him a back a bat and put him in a cage in a big room with a gorilla, that he'd stand a chair. He looked at him, and what he let me tell you them You ain't gonna you ain't gonna believe the places that that bat fit the fee in you.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna believe the ways that really gonna put that bat in you.
Speaker 10: The last one, would you rather ride an elephant or a camel across the state you live in?
Speaker 1: An elephant or a camel?
Speaker 2: Camel?
Speaker 8: Because see when the camel get tied, all he do is drop on his knee. An elephant get tied, you'll throw your ass.
Speaker 2: Ride No damn mom?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 16: Would you rather have a unibrow or no eyebrows at all?
Speaker 7: Some of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It might be one big long rounde, but I need that tell me you crazy? Great crazy?
Speaker 10: That's all right, thanks guys. That's today's round him. Would you rather coming up in forty nine? It's after the hour, our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard Morning show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day.
Speaker 10: And before we get to your closing remark, Stephen, before we close out the show, we got to talk about the sad news about actor Carl Weathers. What a great guy, Carl Weathers has passed away. He was seventy six years old. He was best known as Apollo Creed from the Rocky Movies. Of course, his family confirmed that Weathers died peacefully in his sleep on Thursday, February first, and added that Weathers was a beloved brother, father, grandfather, partner, and friend.
Speaker 1: May he rest in peace, the late great Carl Weathers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I really, as the loan did on his site, Yeah, he stood in pitch of a painting of him and pollow in the background at a bar at his house, and you could tell he was really, really moved by his brother's death.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: His friends, Wow, legend Carl Weathers.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know my closing remarks today.
Speaker 8: I want to talk to people about something because it's really really it's at the point where it's it's I don't know if it's fixable. I don't know if there's enough people who care that this gets fixed. But I just want to point it out, especially to young people. The internet now is such a playground of the devil.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: Look, I guess there are still ways you can use to use the Internet to benefit you and make money.
Speaker 3: But what I've noticed is that there is a sudden barrage.
Speaker 8: Of podcast and post especially in our culture.
Speaker 3: I see it nowhere like I see it in our culture.
Speaker 8: We even have this thing called black Twitter, when we don't own not one aspect of Twitter. Thing called black Twitter, and you know what, it's famous for negativity. We are allowing the Internet to be used as a tool to destroy our culture, and you know what, we are the biggest perpetrators of it. I've never seen an act of destruction aimed at ourselves more.
Speaker 3: Than I have this right here, y'all. The Internet is so foul right now? What is wrong with us?
Speaker 8: What happened to pulling for marriages? What happened to pulling for families? What happened for cheering for our black culture heroes? What happened to gaining inspiration and aspiration for those that are doing things that we are not. Why is it so prevalent that we are now in the destruction of one another? If you look at the major podcast out there, I'm looking at Joe Rogan's and all these other podcasts that are making all this money. Do you know what I watch white podcasts do. They're there talking about books. They're not talking about financial literacy. They're on there talking about changing the world. They're on there talking about health and wellness. They are there talking about climate change, y'all, there talking about all kinds of stuff. White podcasts are taking this thing to get themselves distance and further ahead in life. I am looking at the top black podcast and I am just shaking my head, and I'm looking at really the podcast that ain't top at all. What is it about us that makes us so destructive towards one another. The number one podcast viewing of the year of all time was a totally negative podcast, a totally negative podcast. It was all about the destruction of people in our black culture. And you have to ask yourself, why, why why would we get on our podcast to destroy one another? What is the purpose? What purpose does it serve? What is it about us that causes us to have such a destructive nature towards one another?
Speaker 3: I'm curious to know the answer.
Speaker 8: Has the Willie Lynch letter not taken full respect and in it this way into cyberspace? And now we don't have to worry about what white folks is doing to us because we're doing it to ourselves the moment we get a chance to open our mouth publicly. Why is it always so derogatory about each other? Man, I give you my word, I promise you I will never use my platform that way. You cannot come on the Steve Harvey Morning Show and degrade the black culture. I'm just not gonna sit here and let you do it. I'm not gonna do it. And why others choose to do it? Is it amazed to me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: It's clicks and likes and subscriptions that important to you. But don't you know that there's a cost for that? Do you know that the Bible says do unto others that you would have them do unto you? Don't you know that when you do that to somebody, that is going to be done to you. Now and I listen to me, it don't always happen the exact same way. Have you ever noticed, man, you just can't ever go in there and get the bank loan. You ever notice you ain't ever got the job you wanted to get? You ever noticed, man? You can't ever seem to turn the corner? You ever noticed? Man, when a person don't ever seem to be able to get it right? You ever notice why a person always seem like they behind the eight ball? Ever wonder why that is? Think about the moves you make it thinking, Think about the words that come out your mouth. If you spew negativity, negativity has to come back to you. That's the law of attraction. So what happens is on these podcasts is we see it, we view it, and then we go out we try to create that same energy ourselfs because that's what we tak it in. You taking it in because that's what you're putting out. This is a sad state we're in, folks. We need to take a closer look at this, and we need to start policing ourselves man, because they sitting back watching us, clapping and laughing. YouTube now has an AI channel targeted towards black celebrities. Because we are the ones who tear each other down more than anybody. We need to start taking a look at this, man before it's too late. Because your children will not always be children. Those are my closing remarks. We'll see them all. God willing peace.
Speaker 7: For all.
Speaker 10: Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.