Speaker 1: Radio show, the mainstream media outlet, Breakfast Club, break up you then we're coming here when this day, d J Envy and Charlamagne the God being here.
Speaker 2: Next to all of you guys, it's really.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping one.
Speaker 2: Honey, y'all keep it real.
Speaker 4: But what better place than than here. I think everybody should go in the Breakfast Club and start out.
Speaker 2: You want to shake up the record club, Breakfast Club, very very very very video.
Speaker 5: You don't want change in the entire scene culture.
Speaker 2: Way, y'all came along way. They might not watch the.
Speaker 6: News, but you know they're listening to the record.
Speaker 1: Prob Go, just DJ Envy, Just Hilarious, and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 2: Y'all are like a mega club. That's how we got d R. Good Morning Usa.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hello, Good morning Charlamagne the Cap he instead of playing it is Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Tuesday. Yes, it is the second day of the Just Hilarious era.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Good morning Jess.
Speaker 6: How you feeling I'm feeling really good. I'm well rested.
Speaker 8: I got a lot of restless name, I want to sleep at like seven thirty. Wow, yeah, I had to you. So it's seven thirty in the evening at like three.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's good, that's good sweeping.
Speaker 8: I was able to do my own makeup because my makeup artist she went on vacation the second day of my job.
Speaker 6: I'm like, girl, what the hell?
Speaker 4: So I can't wait to see how long this last?
Speaker 2: Waking up by said six weeks. Four weeks weeks?
Speaker 8: Now make up good anyway too, So I think I'm good. I'm still flying. I just think I don't know hells, that's all but love. I got on the BLISSI crocks though, what's up cross?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna turn the these in a minute.
Speaker 2: I can never wear a slides I.
Speaker 4: Can't, so how's the adjustment is good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's doing good.
Speaker 8: Yesterday I got someplace for my pant hoouse that I got, I got some for the furniture for my pet house, and just slowly but surely getting building all the rooms up and everything.
Speaker 2: I noticed that you can't do.
Speaker 8: You can't Russian like try to furnish a whole place because then new stuff come out and then you will be mad that you try to hurry up and rushing by furniture. So, oh my gosh, but I need somebody to hang TVs?
Speaker 2: To hang TVs?
Speaker 4: You want somebody to do that?
Speaker 2: You know, you know where my daughter goes. She goes. What's what's the app? There's an app where you can go and you type it in and they charge you like thirty dollars an hour and they'll hang whatever you need to hang.
Speaker 8: Because I was gonna ask Boosy can he go online and get somebody for me he needs like I need the three seventy five inch small TVs and three amounts and for somebody hanging out.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of migrants in the city that needs some work to don't what you mean.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, there's a lot of migrants in the city.
Speaker 3: There's an app that you can do. What's the name of that app is migrants dot Com.
Speaker 2: There's not.
Speaker 5: It's like helping someone tell us something.
Speaker 2: Well with the college students use to hang up stuff when they're in their dorms and stuff like that. Yeah, I need that. Yeah, that's what I mean. All right, Well, this morning, Kenya more will be joining us, you know, from Housewives, and she's in this new uh what is it A I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say life, Lifetime, Lifeline.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Lifeline, Lifetime abducted off the street, the Carlicia Gather story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the story. Yes, it comes on Saturday, February tenth and eight seventh Central, So we're gonna be chopping it up with her about that. And then when we come back, we got front page news, Testling, figure O will be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n VJ Hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 3: It's a new year, new a new a lot of people, but it will never be new year, new playlist.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: We've been starting off with this same song year and Snooze for at least so yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not tired of it, y'all tired of it.
Speaker 4: It's just too early that you want to be.
Speaker 3: I love this song Snooze, all right, Well maybe that's why they keep playing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, man, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well let's get in some front page news and jes hilarious.
Speaker 5: Everybody's been texting me.
Speaker 2: It's task Rabbit. Task Rabbits is the site that you can go to and you can choose people. You can look at people say I like this guy. He has a great reviews. He charged thirty dollars an hour. This got charges fifty dollars an hour. This got charge is twenty dollars an hour. And that way you can get it done.
Speaker 6: They certified, Yes, from the Bronx Queen's Hall.
Speaker 2: The there's different people from different places you can find that. You can get somebod from Jersey, gets a from Baltimore and Baltimore, Philly Webber. All right, cool, all right, thank you more than tests. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Did y'all hear that big flex? Just say it in my penhouse? Y'all skipped over that guy here?
Speaker 6: Put it out there.
Speaker 8: Say y'all gotta get my pen house.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I can't be coming up here all regular. Now, let's talk about California this morning. Test. What's going over Cali?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is a really really good important thing. I think two billion dollars they sued over. Some parents got together and sued over the COVID pandemic learning loss for their students. So parents, students, community groups got together. They sued California to help black and Latino kids recover from educational losses during the pandemic. Take a listen.
Speaker 10: The state just agreed to spend two billion dollars on tutors, extended school days, mental health support, and more for kids who suffered most during remote learning, predominantly low income Black and Latino kids who are now not bouncing back as far as.
Speaker 4: As kids in whiter, more affluent districts.
Speaker 8: The most pressing crisis in America today is what happened to kids during COVID, and hopefully this settlement will be a model for forty nine other states.
Speaker 4: Such a great lawsuit man.
Speaker 3: People will never talk about the impact that you know that remote learning had on kids bar or back it had on parents and the ladies want to put them back in the system and act like things.
Speaker 4: I know some kids who never even went back to.
Speaker 3: School, They just decided to stay doing home from home school.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 5: The problem with is a lot of these kids actually didn't learn.
Speaker 2: So now that they're back in school and they went up a grade, you know, because they you know, went to the next grade, they stupid, they still didn't learn the stuff in the last grade. Excuse me, that's not right.
Speaker 4: I don't mean stupid, like they're stupid, but they just stupid.
Speaker 2: They stayed on the level where right because they never learned, Like you know, your kids don't learning, they're not watching the screen, they're playing video games, they're playing with the siblings, then watching the birds outside. They could care less about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's a damn shame they had to sue in order to get it done. You know, this should have been something that should have automatically been some particular in California, because they that those are one of the states that kept them out the longest. Some of the more conservative states like Texas for example, went back right away, or at least you had the option to go back. I just want to give you a couple of facts on that curriculum. Associates indicated that children who were significantly below grade level by two or more years they were already below. Then the numbers went even lower during two thousand and after the pandemic, and those numbers have not picked back up, so they're continuing to lose ground. So this is a really really big thing. Kind of going to our conversation yesterday, you know, when we talked about where resources should be directed and how you know, folks want to make sure that we're taking care of what's happening in America. And this is a big, big, big thing, especially when you look at kids and how we compare to other countries. Was significantly lower on grade level. So this is a big, big thing, and I'm glad that worked out for those in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has. One of the biggest mistakes that I think that I made as a parent is I pulled Jackson out so early, right as soon as I heard COVID, I pulled all my kids out, and Jackson was in kindergarten. I thought Jackson would be the easies because I'm like kindergarten they don't do nothing in play. But kindergarten nowadays is they learn. It's the basics. They learned mathematics, they learn a multiplication, They learned so much so when I pulled him out, and now when he went back to school, he was so far behind because these other kids noticed stuff and I had to you know, we had to get tutors, We had to go through the learning of doing kindergarten and first grade, and he was behind. It was very difficult for her even in class. And now when he goes back to class and these other kids know the work, they know the additions, they know the readings, they know all this and that yes, yes.
Speaker 8: Like it's a major, that's a yeah. And especially that was a big funding that they did in politics on kindergarten and pre k. My daughter was in the eighth grade. I only kept her out one semester. I sent her back because she was already trying to catch up because she had a tutor, a substitute teacher her entire fifth grade year for math. So basically she didn't learn anything in the fifth grade because it was a sub they played the whole year. So it took like two years to me to get her on track. And I was like, it's no way I can have her sit out a semester. So she went back. You know, you have the option to stay home, but I sent her back because I just know that would have been critical, you know, for her doing that the eighth grade year. What did you do? Just because everybody here got kids, I'm curious, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 8: When during the pandemic, my son, he actually me and his dad room stayed on him like.
Speaker 2: He because he started streaming more.
Speaker 8: You start, he tried the game thing and you know, Fortnite and all of that stuff. But we had to sit with them for like the first three months, like, no, make sure you do your work and then do all of this. But it makes them lazy, you know what I mean, It makes them not even want to go back to school. But then after a while he got bored, like, all right, I want to see my friends, like because it helps their social status, like being in school and being actually around other kids, you know what I mean. So it has its persons. It has disadvantages and advantages.
Speaker 4: And you got it.
Speaker 3: That's why you know, educating your kids at home is so important too. But I'm tell you why they need them teachers, man, They need them teachers because.
Speaker 4: That homework is hard. Okay, there's not one.
Speaker 3: I got a fifteen year old, eight year old and a five year old. I can't do none of their homework. No. When they asked me, especially the math question, I don't know. I don't understand none of them. Man, maybe I need to see right I Man, Jesus, they just pushed me through because I don't understand nothing.
Speaker 4: They be talking about.
Speaker 8: That's real talk though, it's that's a real thing, guys, Like people really got behind And to your point, DJM, we had to pay for tutoring. I had to do all of it and it was really expensive. Everybody can't afford, you know, tutoring. So it's a big, big deal. So hopefully they'll they'll pass it along to other states and other states can benefit.
Speaker 2: All right, well, lat is front page News. What are we talking next hour test?
Speaker 8: Yeah, speaking of the internet, like we just talked about with homeschooling. If you have the Internet and you've been receiving that discount to save you on the internet, that is about to expire. So that's really really important. And if you eat anything from Quaker Oats brand, throw it out. I'm gonna tell you why. We'll talk about it at the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: All right, get it off your chest eight undrink five eight five one five one. If you need the vent phone lines to wide open, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. The Breakfast Club is if you're time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get some Call up now eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's good morning, guys, and good morning Envy, Good morning jem Sean Man.
Speaker 4: How are you doing today?
Speaker 9: And d I want to congratuate you on the job. I wish you nothing but success, and I wish you month success success in the future. Oh, and I got a question for Judson.
Speaker 2: Angy, sir.
Speaker 9: You guys took acting classes.
Speaker 2: Right, I did?
Speaker 6: I did not yo, you did?
Speaker 9: Oh? Because good things. But that's something I want to get into in the future. I'm thirty bucket thirty two this month, and I feel like my life is going nowhere. I mean, I'm an assistant manager, but I want my life to go better and higher.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, I mean, I mean there's a lot of acting classes online if you can afford. Some of these colleges actually have it. My wife went to acting class at I can't remember the school in the city, but they had and I went to Tracy Moore Marrable. She was a still I think she still does it. She's a she's a black woman out of New York. She she did bust the rhymes, she did me, she did a host of people. She did Yandy, she did a couple of people in the day, and you know, just it's just you know, doing reps and teaching us the art of acting. So it was pretty cool.
Speaker 8: You actually don't always need acting classes, I would say, Is that something that you've always been interested in?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been, I've been think I've lots since twenty thirteen. But I'm I'm just honestly, I'm just I'm just scared to feeling that i might fail.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, don't ever think that.
Speaker 8: So what you can do is you can get some monologues, and you can practice until you're able to even afford if you can, you know, acting classes, because they do get expensive.
Speaker 2: They are some there are some that are affordable.
Speaker 8: But just start practicing monologues and then put yourself on camera, put yourself on tape, and then put yourself out there, you know, like to see to get feedback, because that's that's honestly what people do on YouTube and stuff like that, and that's how a lot of people they get discovered, just like that.
Speaker 9: Well, I live in Massachuseta, so I might how much of the class, said.
Speaker 2: Bro I went to classes fifteen years ago, seventeen years ago, so I'm sure what the they were like fifty dollars a class back then, so I don't know what they are now. They were not not today. I mean it was a long time ago. But you know they also have free classes. You just got to google and check there. There's all types of work workshops that you can do. And they have that thing that's like, I'm trying to think what it is where you could actually go to comedy shows and you could be a part of it. It is, but you just gotta do your googles, bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and put yourself out there.
Speaker 5: Improv improv shows. They have improp shows.
Speaker 2: You could actually be a part of it and do it weekly that that are usually not expensive for free.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: How fake professionally y'all got when he called like y'all turned on y'all trying to get an apartment voice.
Speaker 8: You know, literally you made because you didn't take acting or anything because he didn't say anything to you.
Speaker 4: Oh no'm I like the executive produced.
Speaker 3: I'm not really just and every time every time they put me on, I'm playing myself.
Speaker 4: But y'all really did turn y'all voice and changed completely but.
Speaker 2: Because you can't play nobody else. That's what I really did it, Like, I thought that's where I was going to go before when I was DJ and I was like, I'm going to be an actor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, you did nobody ever thought?
Speaker 2: Swear to god, I'm in a couple of movies I did. I just did East New York last year, the movie.
Speaker 4: Never thought You was gonna be No, I swear I did.
Speaker 6: I swear I ain't now I swear I did.
Speaker 4: But what's the movie you played the real estate agent?
Speaker 2: I didn't do that movie.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, look Charlomagne.
Speaker 2: The Blood of a Champion with Bok Champion in a movie with Bocaneki. Oh my god, I put a night to his neck. Was gonna kill it. I love Bocane. Yeah. Yeah, did a bunch of movies, sir. This guy's an asshole. When you play acted contact with TMZ quarterbout Side said, what's up with Jesse's great?
Speaker 3: Huh killed this movie called Body. I was a producer on that one, though. Whatever they play the tall guy.
Speaker 4: You mean, I was taking way.
Speaker 3: The camera used to scroll, it used to make tall. That's me talling in the battle raffords. That's a guy.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. If you need the vent hit is up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this thing?
Speaker 2: Hey? What's up on? Take it off your chest?
Speaker 12: I wouldn't like to get all my chits.
Speaker 9: It was like, how y'all doing the morning?
Speaker 6: Good, good morning.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't didn't want to talk to the left hang TV. I got and all.
Speaker 2: That he hangs TVs and he has pictures and used to him.
Speaker 4: I don't like this one, don't. I don't like how this sounds.
Speaker 12: Were you from the play off Georgia?
Speaker 5: You can't hang TV's anyway. She's she's out here in New.
Speaker 2: York, New Jersey. All right?
Speaker 12: That cool? I travel?
Speaker 5: You're gonna travel from Georgia to New York thanging TV.
Speaker 4: You don't sound like you want to be discreet, sir? Yeah, just to hang on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, no no, she said no, thank you, no, thank you.
Speaker 4: Because you have to think this is your abode, this is your residency.
Speaker 2: I understand, Yes, I'm thinking about that. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 12: DJ and Ving charlotteage a god and hold on hat my girls.
Speaker 2: Just in the building.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 2: Coach Davis was st.
Speaker 12: Coach Davis was good, y'all.
Speaker 2: How y'all doing that? Good?
Speaker 12: Hey, listen, Jess. I don't know what took them so long while they from their head, but thank god they came to the sentence and be the contract and treat you as the queen you deserve to be.
Speaker 2: You fail me.
Speaker 8: Yes, thank you so much for saying it, which means it didn't take off crazy, It did take long.
Speaker 4: No, it's February.
Speaker 6: Hi, y'all want a whole month?
Speaker 12: You know what you're like? You are definitely upfring in my head. But I would say this, you know, as an educator when I was talking about UH with with players about the lawsuits in California. I'm glad that happened, and I hope it does take hold in the other for the United States there and and make some real changes for these students because it's needed.
Speaker 9: Listen, I understand I took during.
Speaker 12: COVID and Lord had mercy that was fun crazy error that was that was a crazy error in every case, you know, in all my twenty five years. But I would say this, you know, as a teacher at Linden Middle School for keeping us first started school. We're making strives. Man, We're getting back to where we need to be, not three COVID numbers. But you know, we made head great, especially with our eighth graders this year. You know, our whole graduating class has had the math reacher. And I'm so proud of them, you know, because they suffered the most current COVID man, you know, and and it was crazy. So I'm our congratulations to California.
Speaker 4: All right, he's right, He's right, though, Coach Davis is right.
Speaker 2: Humans move on too fast.
Speaker 3: Like we really act like COVID didn't have it, Like that wasn't just a few years ago. Like we just move on to the next thing, like there's nothing. We act like an attempted cool this country didn't happen. We act like protesting the street door and George Floyd didn't happen.
Speaker 4: How do we just move on?
Speaker 2: Like you said, we move on. It's weird fast, super super fast, like nobody even talks about COVID and you know what.
Speaker 4: Is cruise in the house. Well, yeh, think about this.
Speaker 2: You know that that there's a monumental picture of a of a firefighter or nine to eleven. It's a picture that went everywhere. Right. He just passed away yesterday, like ninety three or ninety six years old, and he died from cancer. But his wife was just saying that, you know, it's so crazy. He took this monumental picture and he probably died because of all the things that he went through with with nine eleven, with you know, with all the fumes and everything he breathed in. But we don't even talk about that anymore. And that was so big, and that was that was a long time, but that was the biggest casualty in US history. Right, No, I'm with you. That was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If we don't even remember what happened yesterday like that a week ago, twenty three years, that's a lifetime.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Literally, we've been very desensitized from a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. Now we got the just with the mess coming up, Yes we do.
Speaker 6: Sexy Red had that baby.
Speaker 5: Okay, and we'll get talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is Steen, j M V Jess, Hilarrie, Charlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the roofs. So let's get to Jest with the mess.
Speaker 8: Just rib the Lord, just don't do is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Write it down. It's just with the mess. And her news is real, it's not the rumor report.
Speaker 2: Write it down.
Speaker 8: And victim, this must be his first day too, this second day, that's your second day.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: I got relaxed, all right.
Speaker 8: Sexy Red had that baby and she is ready to be back outside. Yesterday's Sexy Red reveal that she had a baby. She posted a picture of herself in the hospital bed with sunglasses on, like the New York meme.
Speaker 2: I think it's so cute.
Speaker 8: Well the New York means Lyrius that's what that was, Yeah, because that's exactly what my mind went to when I saw it. She blew up at the end of her pregnancy because mama she was when she was here, she was smaller than that. But that's just how that's the effect that some of the babies be having on you depends on you know where you you know, like you're aging all of that type of stuff. Her caption was me waiting to get discharged from the hospital so I can hit the block with the guys.
Speaker 2: She can't wait.
Speaker 8: She alls supposed to two other pictures, one where she is grabbing her crotch and the guy's still in the hospital bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's an hospital, big Yeah.
Speaker 4: Don't you gotta wait for more discharge to come out before you get discharged?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Usually eddio.
Speaker 9: Like that.
Speaker 2: That was that was That was cute.
Speaker 8: But yeah, then she took one of my legs catopid with the I don't know what signings says, I guess whatever, but this is what I'll be talking about them. Remember she got a bed and she got mad at me for saying just for saying anything like, but this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Sexy.
Speaker 2: It don't hurt still, It don't hurt still, Jesus.
Speaker 8: But look, she didn't share the name, the gender, or the actual day that she had the baby. However, she is red tea to go back outside.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations the sexy.
Speaker 3: I'm glad she had a healthy delivery, you know in this world with a black maternal deathorad is so high. I'm happy whenever a black woman or any woman, but especially black women have babies and it's a healthy pregnancy.
Speaker 4: So sleuth to her.
Speaker 8: And I also wanted to say, I thought it was funny how she got a hand done in the hospital too. She was like, oh no, she had her stylist come to the hospital to do her head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to plick it up. That was funny.
Speaker 4: But and her skin was so.
Speaker 8: Beautiful her whole pregnancy, though, I ain't gonna lie, I did I love seeing that that beautiful glow that she had. Moving on, Lotto drops cover art for Sunday Service. Lotto announced her single Sunday Service is dropping on Friday. She also shared the cover art that features a collage of other female rappers and their eyes are censored out Ice Spice. I know right now it's a couple of speculations that we can get from this, as Ice Spice and Coila Ray are seen in the collage, and we know like she had some like recent beefs, But there are other women in the collage that weren't that people weren't aware of little having any issue with like Missy Elliott, Little Kim and Sexy Red and several others. But and of course I go through the comments or whatever, and I've seen that people were saying like, oh, shane't have Nicki in it, Like she was scared to have Nicky and Nicki behind that elbow. I don't think y'all know that revenge wig, that that blonde curly noodles pack with you already knew, you said, and she missed behind the elbow, and she she got that. But I think she's she's gonna reveal the whole cover art. I just think this is a good this is a good plot for promo to it. It may be, but we have a snippet of it. Let's say it number three, okay, So I she can You cannot deny that this girl be rapping circles. Man, she'd be rapping circles around certain people.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 8: I Spice recently revealed that her song fart is a disc a lot of and she's I.
Speaker 4: Know, I wouldn't take that as a stupid.
Speaker 2: You ain't even a thought, thank you, thank you. I don't want to thank you, know.
Speaker 8: But she saw herself on on a TV in the background of Lotto's teas video for Sunday Service, and we have audio for that too.
Speaker 4: I'm in the back of your weak ass snippet, Like that's literally So I was like, wait a second, that's me.
Speaker 13: So I'm like, okay, since we're talking about me, let's talk about me.
Speaker 6: And I dropped that it was really just a pod.
Speaker 4: It was trying to be like, no, there's no way they really put her in the back of the video.
Speaker 2: That's so bold.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 8: I was like, this has to be fake, this is ai.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm saying, be bold. So I was like, oh, we're being bold today now.
Speaker 8: You know, the rap girlies are very creative and very subliminal and stuff like that. Sometimes they can get like that and they you know, they can. It can be little stuff that they put out there for us to figure out instead of just putting it out in the east egg Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What if Lotta was just watching her video?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: What if that was just a coincidence? Why not take it as a compliment.
Speaker 2: I thought that too. You know when you when you sometimes you get in these sprinters, they just have videos playing. So I thought, maybe she just did it. But then there's more to the story because yeah, because the lyric that she said, like I just want a one on one? Was she scared or something like that?
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 8: But after Ice Spice revealed that fart was Lot, it was about Lotto. Lotto pulled up to the Bronx with twenty black Suburbans to shoot the scene for the full Sunday Service video, so we shall see.
Speaker 4: I get it. You called me a fart.
Speaker 3: I gotta bar you up man and Lotto you gotta come with it because if if I spikes get you out of here by just calling you a fart, you might have to retire.
Speaker 5: Well, one of the bars is I pull up on you twenty suburbans like a Sunday service.
Speaker 2: And that's what she did. She pulled up in the Bronx with twenty suburbans and wrapped on Lot on Ice Spic's block.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the comments be so funny. They was in there like that's that's not a flex. She had to come with twenty suburbans?
Speaker 9: What what?
Speaker 2: What was she just pull up in a hand like what's going on?
Speaker 9: Like she is?
Speaker 2: I know she's a rapper and the Bronx it's still the Bronx.
Speaker 4: It's not hood, you know, I don't. I don't know, man. I hope y'all have fun.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she went to State University of New York had Purchase where she played volleyball and she was the back rolling volleyball team.
Speaker 3: But you got to come with it though somebody call you a fart. Like somebody called you a fart, you gotta ball them up, like you can't let them win by just saying you.
Speaker 2: I would never be offended that somebody called me a fut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, I just I can't what you said.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 6: But she said you're not even a fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you said.
Speaker 6: That's why I was like, am I going thank you?
Speaker 8: I would be like, yes, she don't think I think said she said, you know, she said, you think you to ask, not aught.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot of trying to a lot of might be trying to prove she to fart and it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm all.
Speaker 3: That got to be one of the balls in the song and Sunday Service. I'm the fart and animal white my ass with you?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 9: What's up right?
Speaker 2: I like that?
Speaker 9: I like that?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you, Jess. When we come back, we got front page news. Tests will be joining us and then Keny Moore will be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Lub, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, holding everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ, Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club and let's get in some front page news with up ted.
Speaker 8: What's going on? DJ and be Jess Hilarious, Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 2: Hey girl, Now let's jump right into it. Where were starting? The Internet?
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's talk about the Internet. We talked about a little bit in the first hour. How internet is really important, you know, for kids to learn at home, but it is something that we all need. Now, there's an act called the Affordable Connectivity Act. Now, this act offers discount internet service to people with low incomes. It is set to expire this spring. This is a really big deal to a lot of people. This allows people to stay connected. Just want to use a quick example of North Carolina. Nine hundred thousand people will lose their internet access they have if they lose this program, or they would have to pay to stay connected. North Carolina is one of the top states in the country when it comes to taking advantage of the program, with more than fifty percent of eligible households in the state that are enrolled in the program. You may remember a lot of the folks, the Democrats, talking about this on the campaign trail. We're going to make sure people have access Internet. Make sure people have access Internet. So this is a really, really big program. Take a listen to Democrat Senator Peter Welch from Vermont explained why he's trying to keep this program funded.
Speaker 14: Congress work together on a bipartisan basis to pass the Affordable Connectivity Program. That law provides discounts on Internet bills for households the qualify. More than twenty two million households are already saving money on their Internet through this program, but the funding is running out. That's why I have introduced the Bipartisan Affordable Connectivity Program Extension Act to fund this absolutely essential program so we can maintain and expand high speed Internet to households across our country.
Speaker 8: So again, you might remember Cedric Richmond when he came up to the Breakfast Club and they talked about Internet, Internet, Internet, you know, making sure people have it, making sure people have it in rural communities. It was really a big talking point, especially as they talk to black voters. So it would be wise you know if they figure out, you know, how to make this make this program continue because it really does affect people in a real way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if everybody deserves anything that though.
Speaker 3: I have to see some of these people are Okay, they should, they should, they should have never give some of you negroes. I don't know if the internet should be all right because a lot of y'all be abusing it. For those of y'all who be abusing it and just be hating on people, they should have to pay more. Let me see how bad you really want to hate.
Speaker 2: Well, it's more for students, right, because students need the internet for schooling in class.
Speaker 3: I'm with them, right, I'm fine with them. But let's let's let's go. Let's go through the list in school, we on case by case basis. Don't you be giving a Wi Fi to everybody? We do need to have some type of more responsibility with who gets on the internet, man, Okay.
Speaker 8: More responsibility act.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: And if we find out that you abuse it, like I said, you gotta pay more than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Let me see how bad you really want to hate on me.
Speaker 3: Let me see how bad you really want to hate on just Hilarry's let me see how bad you really want him?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what you like you're paying for?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but that's a unique that's a different spind for sure. The average the average price for internet is seventy.
Speaker 2: Nine dollars Internet expensive.
Speaker 8: Wow, and that's very expensive. Now this program is said, actually they're going to stop taking applications on it tomorrow February seventh. So if you, I guess, if you want to try to get in at the last minute, you can, but it will expire in April if Congress has not pushed this. And again big talking point during the Democrat election, you know, when they were talking about what they were going to do. So we'll see if this is something that aspired Charnama. We can't talking about a little bit off air. How you know Republicans are they're not passing a lot of stuff because they want to use it as a win. So this is one of those things that I'm wondering will they stop and not do because now you know Republicans control the House, so this is you know, how you can stop things to be able to say, hey, we're gonna make sure we do this on our watch. So I'm gonna be looking at it from that standpoint to see, you know, how they're gonna move on this and allowdest program to continue.
Speaker 3: My answer to that would be no, especially in an election year. I don't think the Republicans are gonna move on anything because they're gonna try to get you know, Trump back into the White House.
Speaker 4: And then when Trump gets into the White House, he's gonna look like God because they're gonna be passing everything mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Even though this stuff is on the table right now, so kind of like what's happening with the border.
Speaker 5: So all right, well, I was gonna say, let's jump right in the Quaker Oats.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to tell you about this because I'm sure I know I eat Quaker Oats oat meal. A lot of folks eat granola bars kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big, big thing.
Speaker 8: I wonder why I never see this stuff on the news as much. That's always concerned to me. But it is possible uh that manella contamination and so an over one hundred products, so I don't even need to list out all the products. So any Quaker Oats product that you have, it is a possible uh contamination. Take a list in quickly.
Speaker 16: Faker oates expanding its recall over concerns of possible seminella contamina, adding chewy Dips Lama Rama products with the best before date of February tenth or eleventh. Now more than one hundred products recalled, including various granola bars, snack mixes, and some cereals.
Speaker 2: That's scary.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very much, so very scary. Why do you think we don't see this in the news as much?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 8: I try to do these recall stories guys, because I think it's important to know that you could dive you're eating a very popular product. I also think it's important to though, if you're driving a car and the air bag no longer works. But I just think it's interesting that we don't see you know, you'll see it. I literally have to go find these like these stories, and you'll see it on local some local stations, but I don't really see it, you know a lot, Like I wish blogs would take a moment to kind of put this stuff out of it. I know it's important, you know, talk about gossip and who's sleeping with who and all that type of stuff, But I just think this is really really important because it's just not enough awareness on our food.
Speaker 3: I think the rest when you say that to us, because I mean, you know, I think those those blog sites like this is not really their lane.
Speaker 4: Like you know, if you go you know, like the.
Speaker 3: ABC News of the World, the USA to days, you know, you definitely see this stuff about the recall. I saw this a few days ago actually, But you know, if you look, if you're going to the shade room for this, you shave room.
Speaker 8: Sure, but do you think they could just every now and then, maybe once a month, just put you know, maybe not on the shave room, but just could we utilize the blog just maybe once a month on something that helped people. I just ask too much.
Speaker 4: I think that as far as like a recall, that might be asking too much.
Speaker 2: As I say.
Speaker 6: Well, I do see shout out to Jason Lee Holly wann Lock.
Speaker 8: He covers a lot of stories about things like this, so you know, shave Room is not the only blog, but I mean, you know, not the only urban blogs that.
Speaker 2: But he covers a little bit of everything.
Speaker 8: He touches everything from politics to recalls to who's sleeping, who ain't sleeping, ain't doing enough or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I do see it in on some of the blogs.
Speaker 8: But I don't see that where it were hurt to actually shed light on some of these things for any blog. Yeah, because I mean, I to your point, and I agree with you, just to your point, Charlemagne. I know it's not their lane, but if you got mass amount of people watching, you know, I just you know, like with the Tesla story, literally they told every tesla to you know, turn the car in because you could you know, it could literally you could die. So I don't know, just something I just think about it. I just think maybe every now and then, you know, it wouldn't hurt too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I just don't want people to think that's where you got to go to get your door, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you got to you got to broaden your palette when it comes to the information you consume.
Speaker 4: Like I know what Shade Room gonna get me, but also know what ABC News and USA Today and all that stuff gonna get me too.
Speaker 3: I would say that most of us don't go to those places majority of the time. Like when the last time you open up a newspaper and just ready, I read the paper every morning. A lot of people don't do that, you know, that's true.
Speaker 8: I guess I'm trying to meet people where they are too, you know, because they may not ever watch it. But you make a point with that too. But throw away the Quaker ols.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 8: That's the bottom line of the more to the story.
Speaker 2: All right, well, that is Front Page News. Thank you, test You're welcome, and.
Speaker 3: Make sure you follow a Testling figure on on all social media platforms and subscribe to Tetling Figure oos podcasts is great shot. No chase of podcasts on the black. It's like iHeartRadio podcast network.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Now, when we come back, Kenya Moore will be joining us.
Speaker 2: Of course you know her from Housewives and she's in the new Lifetime movie it's called Abducted Off the Street, the Karlsha Gather Story. And we'll talk to her next and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed you have key n Thank you, y'all.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling this morning? That's real good. Well, you're here for the Carlsha Gather story. Yes, Now for people that don't know, breakdown who she is. So it's the Carlsha Gavin story. Abducted off the street. It's a lifetime movie. It's going to be premiering on Saturday. We're so excited. I'm so excited. But it was a young lady.
Speaker 6: It was like all in the news. She's from Philadelphia, she was a nurse's assistant.
Speaker 15: She's twenty two, and she was walking home after a family gathering and there was this crazy guy, go killer rapist who basically snatchers. You know, you tell your kids, you know, you better be careful that somebody can snatch your ass, and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 6: He forced her into the car, but she was smart enough.
Speaker 15: That she started leaving little clues, like making him go to the ATM machine and use her her ATM.
Speaker 6: Car to you know.
Speaker 15: So of course there's a trail on that she dropped certain things that they would get out of the store, like her her cut, her handcuffs and.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 15: So she was just like really really cognizant of I need you guys to find me, and this is how you can. So she was just leaving clues and she ended up getting rescued within seven seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was intense.
Speaker 15: So I play her mom, I know, yes, yes, I know, I look too young to play this girl's mom.
Speaker 2: Because we was definitely gonna say that, okay. And the mom's name is Keisha.
Speaker 15: Yeah, her name is Keisha, and she was just really determined, really determined to find her child. And the one thing about this story is, you know, when we come up missing black women, black girls.
Speaker 2: The news coverage is not there.
Speaker 15: It's just like such a disparity and the way they cover us going missing and the way they cover other people going missing, So yes, others, And so I love this for us, I love this for a lifetime because they've like taken on this initiative to highlight all of these black girls missing stories and like a series of lifetime is doing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but her back to you know, the role that I play. It's a really serious role for me.
Speaker 15: It's one of like I haven't been a lead in a movie in a long time, so I'm just excited.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 15: She's tough, she's brave, and she's like, you know, in a way, very controlled. She's a thinker. She's not like emotional, like yeah, you know fall and I didn't want to play her like that. I wanted to play her controlled and like methodic.
Speaker 5: Did you talk to the moild Did you get a chance to talk to the mom?
Speaker 15: And no, No, they've been active, Like you know, the story is pretty fresh, so she didn't come to the said she's but she's been talking to producers and writers, Carlicia, but it's really you know, it's still really kind of fresh.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you'll ever like really talk to her see her anytimes. Did you get to meet Carlicia. How involved was she?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: Not not either.
Speaker 4: Carlish is the.
Speaker 15: One who's been like giving her, you know, her accounting of what happened. But uh, yeah, she hasn't been seen. She may show up, but I'm not sure. But I just respect the fact that through all the pain and I mean the ordeal, that the man almost killed her and he raped her multiple times, so she survived and she was determined, like her sole focus was I need to get home to my family.
Speaker 2: Did you take this role after I can't remember the lady's name, but after the girl who was on the side of the road, says she's seen a white baby walking down and that was it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I shot it before, it before, but imagine like they're kind of parallel, but obviously one was lying, but the fact that she was trying to capitalize off of like someone kidnapping her, abducting her. So that was like and then to see a real story, yeah, like this, yes lay out like that, that has to be. That just make me feel bad exactly, like girl stuff is really happening. Girls are not coming home, and you overhear playing with us, playing in our faces.
Speaker 8: So as a mother, how did you relate to the role, Like how did was it very sensitive for you some parts just because you are a mom?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was tough because in my mind I put the script down when I read it the first time. I think I read ten pages and then I was like, oh, I can't do this. I was like, yeah, no, this one is not for me because it did like hit close to home. I think a mother's biggest spear, especially a mother of a of a of a daughter, a girl, You want to protect them at all costs, and your biggest spear is something will happen to them. And so when I read the first scenes, of her being snatched, her being you know, raped, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, I can't, I can't do this.
Speaker 15: And then I thought about, Okay, let me, why why did this script come to me? Because I think it's a higher it's it's it's it's a deeper reason why projects come to you or work close to you. I think it's divine steps. So I said, let me, let me look at this in a different way.
Speaker 6: Why should I do it?
Speaker 4: Awareness?
Speaker 15: Yeah, awareness, because honestly, the way that the story is written in the movie Unfold, it will save lives. If you watch this movie, you will get ahead of situations, You will avoid situations, You will know what to do in situations to basically survive and get back home.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 15: So I said, you know, if I can help to save lives, especially with girls and women who look like me, that's that's all the reason.
Speaker 2: I needed to like overcome my fear.
Speaker 3: I want to have trigger says for the family, like when they watch it, and and for you know, Carlicia, like when she watches it, like you kind of got to relive all of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah you do.
Speaker 15: I don't know, you know, we haven't had an opportunity to talk to her. But I think she was just so brave to tell her story. But she has two kids, you know. I know that she's focusing on that, and she had I know, I've seen photos. It's actually a photo at the end of the movie, and she's the children are fairly young, two little boys. I think so, I'm not exactly sure, but you know she's focusing on being a mom. So can you imagine like being able to talk about I think she had them after.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, we got more with Kenya Moore when we come back.
Speaker 2: To the movies to Breakfast Club, good Morning, good Morning, everybody is dj ND Jess, Hilarry, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with Kenya more.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I want to I want to ask, I know your Housewives, O G.
Speaker 4: We talked about the movie.
Speaker 2: Why you hear life joby Okay says she's not doing Housewives anymore? What's your thoughts after fourteen years?
Speaker 4: I heard you behind the things saying how happy you were that she's not coming back.
Speaker 13: Now you know.
Speaker 2: How she was.
Speaker 6: Bubblings and rumblings.
Speaker 15: You know, No, so I knew she had told me before that she had made the decision. And sometimes you know, you need you may need a break. You know, she's doing a lot of things. That girl is a mini Mogo, you know she's doing She's got her hands and some of everything, and she's very successful. And honestly, money just matriculates around Kenny. You know, for years, Kenny, she's got the minus touched. Whatever she touches turns to goal. So she is going to be obviously all right financially. I think she might just be like, you know, I want to explore some other things. I think it's because they did take so long to try to figure out who's coming back, what are they doing with the cast? So I'm happy for you know, I think she's chasing her dreams. She's happy, her relationship is great, her family is good.
Speaker 4: I remember, now they were getting rid of everybody at one point, didn't they.
Speaker 15: There were rumors, they didn't announce, there were rumors, yes everybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, they were trying to do like they were saying that they possibly could do a recast like New York did.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, no, you can't get it, get rid of everyone.
Speaker 6: It's too many, Like.
Speaker 15: The Day Network, you know what I mean, we were the Crown Jewel of Bravo above all the other shows. So hopefully, you know, we can get back to that.
Speaker 5: Say people saying the ratings will low.
Speaker 6: See, that's that is a complete lie. The ratings never drive.
Speaker 15: We are actually doing We're in the top five of all of the shows on Bravo, So how are our ratings doing poorly? That's just again things people say because of their perception of what the you know, what they're looking at in terms of oh, well, I don't like this season, in which you know, people always complain about seasons, and then they'll start saying, yeah, that's why the ratings are low. But they're comparing they have to look at the ratings for the network and how people are watching TV now. So before they would always release live ratings, but the ratings count. They're plus ten numbers, so they're plus three, they're plus sevens, they're plus tens.
Speaker 2: That's what they look at.
Speaker 15: And even our live ratings are again on par with the top five on the entire network. So what do you it's just rumors people.
Speaker 8: I believe that they like to be in the comments and that that is the comments opinionated. But I want to ask you, it took you three years to finalize your divorce.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulation, thank you, thank you. That's why we got.
Speaker 5: This is your.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 6: Look, it's amazing why the judge still didn't sign off yet.
Speaker 15: So the paperwork is there, so I'm waiting. Every day, I'm checking online to see if he signed off. He didn't get foolishness.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm one. I'm very sensible. Like I know what y'all might think of me on TV or whatever.
Speaker 15: I'm on a show, but I am very reasonable if you sit down and you talk to me and you make sense.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we should ever go to court.
Speaker 15: I think we didn't have any property together, We didn't build anything together.
Speaker 6: We had a child.
Speaker 15: We can agree on the child support because he was already paying a number already and that's what.
Speaker 6: It should have been.
Speaker 15: And I don't think that all the money that we spent for him fighting me, he ended up with less than what he started with.
Speaker 6: And I'm out of three years of tuition for my child to go to school.
Speaker 2: So he wanted more. What did he want? Because it seems like like you said, you come in with I came on, and that's what he wanted. Drama.
Speaker 6: He wanted drama. He started off, the line just kept moving whenever.
Speaker 15: And at some point I was like, here you go, this one you want, here you go, and the line kept being moved on what he wanted. Then it was this, then it was that, and then he had the nerve to want. Now you remember how he was saying he didn't want to be on TV. Yeah, okay, and then so he at the end he supposedly had some opportunity to be on TV and he wanted to film with my daughter. And I was like, but that's why I sued you to begin with, because you you wouldn't sign the release for Brooklyn to film with me, someone who's been on the show for ten years. And then you want to say, oh, well, if I go, I'm taking Brooklyn with me. So I'm like, yeah, no, no, no, b That's the one thing I stood on business with because I'm like, that's the.
Speaker 2: One thing you're not going to take.
Speaker 15: I take care of this child twenty four to seven, and it is my right as the primary custodio parent to be able to allow her to do whatever I want her to do. And he tried to basically remove that right for me. When it comes to him because he wanted to do his little TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that there was a statement that he tried to undo your rights he did.
Speaker 15: Yeah, when it comes to that, Yeah, he supposedly he told me that, yeah, that they were filming he wanted Brooklyn the film or he doesn't say a lot of details on purpose. So, but now I have sold custodies.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, is he still doing that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Now no, the judge awarded me sold custody.
Speaker 4: It sound like he didn't want to let you go.
Speaker 15: It was that he didn't want he wanted his marriage. I know people see and say things a lot of crazy stuff on TV. At the end of the day, that man will not sign those papers. Because if you want somebody to leave, sure, and y'all don't have anything together, Why aren't you sitting here fighting I'm not arguing with you about child support?
Speaker 6: What else is there?
Speaker 4: Why can't he just be honest about it? Why can't he just come you and say, can y'all want to work?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 15: He did, he did before, and and I was just like, at some point I was like, it's too toxic. They're not doing the work. You know, he wasn't doing the work to me. He needed he needed to go to therapy, and then we needed to go together. I always go to therapy, you know. I think that it's a great thing. I think so many years it's been like this dark stigma of you know, black people think, you know, oh therapy, When are you crazy?
Speaker 6: You know, saying things like that.
Speaker 15: But it is so beneficial to to just learning about yourself, how you interact with people. It's just necessary. So I was just like, well, you keep saying you want the marriage, but you're not doing the work. And then at some point I was just like, yeah, I'm okay, Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: What if he started doing the work now?
Speaker 6: Oh well, apparently he.
Speaker 2: Has a fiance now, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's not black.
Speaker 4: Jesus about that?
Speaker 6: Come through with the breakfast club explicit.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Racist? I don't really care what she is.
Speaker 2: Good, good luck to her, that's you know, good.
Speaker 8: And at some point that's all you can do is wish you will it's not my problem anymore. Please Judge, hurry up inside my papers.
Speaker 6: And then that's it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 15: I just feel a relief, like this is like the new era of me I'm gonna do any and everything that I want to do. I feel like, when you have someone taking up that space in your life, you can't have anybody else come feel it because there's no space there.
Speaker 2: They always in the back of your mind.
Speaker 15: You know, doing all kinds of things to try to bring you down, hurt you, prevent you from thriving. And I feel like, you know what, You're not gonna hold me down anymore. So this is new era of me, you know, so I'm actually happy.
Speaker 6: It feels good.
Speaker 2: When I heard that, I just laughed.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh girls, good not girl, but you know, but yeah, yeah, is not an issue with him at all.
Speaker 6: Now, Well he doesn't see her the co parent, so he don't even see her.
Speaker 2: No, okay, yeah, I think the last time was like last year March.
Speaker 4: Damn yeah, are you keeping? Is that because of you? Because he's just not making the effort.
Speaker 2: He's not making the effort, is you know, he's not making the effort.
Speaker 6: She's here now and.
Speaker 2: He's from New York and already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he lives across the bridge and she's here and he's too busy to see her.
Speaker 2: Damn yeah, dang, I will don't move we got more with ken you more when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning right on the Breakfast Club DJ NBJ, just Hilarry, Charlemagne and the guy. We're still kicking it with Keny Moore. She has a new flick on Lifetime. It's called Abducted off the Street, The Colicia Gather's Story. Ken Moore's here, Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: Oh, you enjoying being a single? I don't know yet.
Speaker 15: It's it's different, you know, I just these days. Yeah, it's different. It's different, but you know, thanks to Usher. Oh, it's been a lot of.
Speaker 2: Activity in the d n No. You know when he serenated, Yeah, fun, that was fun.
Speaker 4: Oh so you mean like people saw the video and it was like, damn you.
Speaker 2: Still God, Like you forgot about this, talked that you got.
Speaker 6: About you know, yeah, it was fun. Like it's it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dating. I'm dating. So what if somebody take Kenya that that you that you love? I mean, because I remember that list came out. They can't take you the out of garden.
Speaker 15: A cheesecake you mean, oh, because she was like a cheesecake factory, probably twice a week.
Speaker 8: It's like with my daughter.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't care about stuff like that.
Speaker 15: I like somebody that I can have fun with, that is a good person, that's a good partner, who can make you laugh. They don't have to match me dollar for dollar, you know, they just have to I don't want to take care of anybody.
Speaker 6: But you know what I mean, be gainfully employed.
Speaker 15: But you don't have to be a mega millionaire, you know, with your own yacht and private plane and all that.
Speaker 2: But just be a good person. Yeah, yes, we can eventually build and get there.
Speaker 6: You get there together if you have to have the potential and the.
Speaker 2: Desire, you know, you have to be ambitious.
Speaker 15: I think, yeah, it's yes, absolutely, yeah, absolutely, I love that.
Speaker 8: I love that because you hear how you know some marriages, you know, it doesn't work for women, and then they just be like, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not doing this, and then here she got married years later. You just can't let one. You can't break my soul.
Speaker 2: You can't break my soul.
Speaker 6: How has business been going with the hair girl?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 15: Right, So it's it's amazing, like it's learning a whole new business, you know, brick and mortar. My hair care line is doing well. We're in like over five thousand doors. Can you more hair care? You know, expanding in.
Speaker 6: In the spring to two more major retailers.
Speaker 2: Congratulation.
Speaker 6: I'm just it's growing, you know what I mean. It's I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: And you have special clients. Your daughter, yes, yes, she cast Yeah, I've never.
Speaker 6: Straightened her hair, you know, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I don't believe in like I just little girls should just be a little I unless it's a special occasion like my grandmother, did you know, straighten my hair if it was like a birthday or like a wedding or something.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't like every day?
Speaker 4: Would you tell, like edge of edge protection stuff.
Speaker 6: I saw everything in the shampoo conditioners, like you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: All that now, I saw you recently to say that any Leak's future with Real Housewives of Atlanta is dead.
Speaker 4: Well, the way you just said, you said she doesn't have a future.
Speaker 6: I didn't say no.
Speaker 15: Listen, what I said was this what Andy said, which is our boss? He decides yes or no.
Speaker 6: Recently when we did Bravo Khan.
Speaker 15: So the question always comes up because people love Nini, you know, they love her, and I love her too, like I love her for the show. It's been very very clear about that and honest about that. He said, NINNI told me to keep her name out of my mouth, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Yes, that is what he said verbatim.
Speaker 2: I didn't make that up.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's not my fight. I don't have a dog in that fight. So that was just to answer the question. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 15: Maybe things could change, but you know, she sued her employer. She was saying a lot of really nasty things about each and everyone of you know, the parties. I just don't know how you can come back from that. But hey, I'm a forgiving person. So maybe there are people at the network and others that could forgive, and there may be a future.
Speaker 6: I don't know what those heart set. I was just going by what our boss said.
Speaker 4: But you do think she'd be good.
Speaker 6: I've always said that. I mean, I've never said she with me. She I mean, listen, she was.
Speaker 15: She was the breakout star of that show, and she has left a legacy behind and of course she's she's a mess.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, he's a mess.
Speaker 15: She's talking about her her man and he wasn't good in bed and he's this and that, like you.
Speaker 6: Know, like, girl, why you have how old are you talking about this man?
Speaker 3: Like this?
Speaker 6: But yeah, these are the things that people want to see, is those you know, they're like people that don't have it together. Nobody is perfect.
Speaker 15: So if you can just take a peek at other people's lives and they're doing all kind of crazy stuff, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 6: It's kind of fun to watch a train wreck.
Speaker 2: Right. What do you think about compensation? Do you think that you know, the black cast members get compensated like Beverly Hills, like Jersey, like New York.
Speaker 15: Yeah, on our network, yeah, Nini was the highest pain well Nini and then Candy took over the but at some point, yeah, the two highest paid women on the network were two black women. So yeah, I do absolutely. I can't speak for other networks. I don't really know the inner work, and I can just tell you what I know. I enjoy it at times, you know, sometimes it's really fun. I didn't enjoy last season at all.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 15: I just feel like it was dark. It was people just there. You know, when people come in and they're so desperate to hold a peach and they just do anything and lie and just cause commotion, and it's not organic. Like when I came on, I was a mess, and I was a mess because I just was you know, I wasn't trying to play this or play it. I wasn't trying to play the reality start. I became a reality start, you know what I mean, because I was myself.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch seasons ahead of time. I didn't know what anybody was doing.
Speaker 15: I was just reacting to all the stuff that was going on around me and then just bringing my own, you know, crazy life to the table.
Speaker 6: These girls, now they've had.
Speaker 15: What fifteen seasons to watch us and study us, and they know and they're fans.
Speaker 6: They're coming in as fans, and they're coming in desperate to hold the peach.
Speaker 15: And that's what makes it unfortunate, because when you are desperate for something, you will do anything. And we saw that play out, and that's to me, what was unfortunate. Like Kim Zosiak is a natural mess. You know, Nini had her own issues. She was funny, but she also had her her her issues that she brought. Candy has always been the poster child for being transparent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: With her mom's situation and all the things that's going on, So we just kind of need to go get back to what's real. What's real?
Speaker 2: Would you want to see that? The original the OG's kim you Porscha Niini? Would you want to see that? You think people would want to see that? You read all that and just.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, people wo call for that all the time.
Speaker 15: I don't think it's a possibility, but if they could make that happen, yeah, that would be cool. They need to do an ultimate Girls trip and have all the ogs there. I think I think that I think that would be hot, right, that would yes the least, Yes, you better run me.
Speaker 2: My check for that. Tell them when they can catch out the check out. The Lifetime shut Off the Street.
Speaker 15: Abducted Off the Street is coming out on Saturday, a PM on Lifetime.
Speaker 6: Everybody please support this movie.
Speaker 15: This is how we're going to bring our black girls who are missing, our black women who are missing home. And if something ever happens to your family, you can figure out how to survive, how to get out, and how to see your family again.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, ladies and gentlemen, all right, Dark got a Grabby too.
Speaker 3: I think it was the best melodic performance, performance congratulation.
Speaker 4: God damn said, Drake.
Speaker 3: Just confuse me, man, because she was saying Jake earlier by accident drinking Yeah, drinking huh yes, Drake, Yes, and they just added dirt. They added Dirk Yes who on his record Dirt Little Dirt. J Cole and Ja Cole, Bi got.
Speaker 2: A Grammar and they got kids quiet.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, good morning.
Speaker 2: We are to Breakfast Club DJ MV just hilarious and Charlemagne the God and let's get to just with the mess.
Speaker 12: He is real.
Speaker 2: Just go out the lords, don't does is gonna bring numbers on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Sty Mace gifts Cameron twenty thousand dollars. All right, so Cam turned forty eight over the weekend. Okay, happy birthday, Cam. I know he was an Aquarius like myself. On Monday's episode of It Is What It Is, Mace gifted him twenty thousand to make up for twenty years that they weren't friends.
Speaker 6: We have audio for it, but.
Speaker 11: Here go to twenty racks for twenty years I ain't seen. Thank you so much, bro.
Speaker 6: All Oh, I love hearing that black boy joy.
Speaker 3: That is amazing, respected in the beauty of it. Is like they got twenty you know, twenty more years. I wish them more life, but you know, they got twenty more years to live. But they're gonna be all like some Ray and Claude from life stuff when they get older.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna get better.
Speaker 8: And I also didn't know that they were actually best friends back in high school. They were best friends and they're both from Harlem. They played basketball together and uh they had a group as well, a children on a Coin that that involved Big Al Cameron, Mace, herb McGruff, Bloodshed, uh six figure Digger and Duke the God. And also for those who don't know, they end up falling out because Mace was charging Cam fifty thousand dollars to do a video. But before he had charged them that he had did a video you know off the strength, like just for free for Cam, and then it came time we wanted him to do another one, and then he charged them fifty thousan gas. Cam up you know, asking like why is your friend charging you that much for your friend? But it's like it's how I make my money too. So they ended up making up, but Mace moved to Atlanta and then became a pastor Cam couldn't figure out how that happened, like many of us. And then uh, they worked out their issues and became friends again in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So I love that story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They even say Mace introduced Cam to Biggie, because you know Cam was signed the Biggie. So they say that's how you got that deal. I tell you I ran in that. Yeah, I tell you I ran into a Mace on the plane a couple of weeks ago. He said he wants to come up here, So come on up here, past to make nice. I know that's right.
Speaker 5: That is bright shot the Mace.
Speaker 2: Oh he's talking a little fast when he come up be like Mace, what.
Speaker 6: Get it out?
Speaker 4: He wouldn't be Mace if you did that.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess, I guess I didn't realize how slowly talking until like the other.
Speaker 2: Day though, what for?
Speaker 4: I didn't know that his whole thing.
Speaker 8: And I love Mace, and I never realized we'll get him wrapped that slow. So you actually realized it may slow flow.
Speaker 13: That was a thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what I do like, I do it for like, I do it for TV.
Speaker 6: He said, he go to one.
Speaker 8: It's funny, is I ain't seen you. Leanna Taylor joins Leonardo DiCaprio for filming. It's not many details surrounding this film, but we see pictures and videos of Tianna filming a scene with Leonardo DiCaprio, and they've been circulating over the weekend. They were dressed in business clothes and they walked into a high rise building. They were filming in downtown Sacramento and the movie they were filming for is reportedly a movie by filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson. Details of the movie are being kept a secret, like I said, but Leonardo DiCaprio was also seen filming with Regina Hall, so she may be another actress in the movie. That's very little details, but shout out to my baby Tianaa. She's doing her thing.
Speaker 5: She's so talented. The fact that people are seeing it, I love it.
Speaker 4: Dropping a clues boss with Tianna Taylors getting her act on.
Speaker 2: And she is one of the many examples of just never give up. It would never give up.
Speaker 8: She also is starring in Dion Wilwick's bio pick Well, I'm Sorry bio series. A few weeks ago, Tana also she confirmed that on one of her many interviews that she's been doing the trip is y'all spelled this wrong? Now, don't be giving me nothing like that. It said the trip is was officially funded and set into motion. I don't even know what this was.
Speaker 2: What this is? The trip? Is she going on a trip?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shut out, But we got audio of her talking about it, play number three. Do you know they're already said?
Speaker 6: Dion Warwick has already said she wants you to play her in her biopic? Yes, she would you want?
Speaker 2: I mean, is that a role you have your sight set on? Yeah, we're already working when you're already working on it, because I know because so Dion was here on.
Speaker 8: The show at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 6: She's like, all these things are in motion, So it is.
Speaker 2: I think we're at the building process right now.
Speaker 8: I've always wanted to make sure like I could lock in with any person that I would be playing, you know, And I actually love that because Dion Wilwick actually mentioned that it would be a series doing her interview on Sherry Scherie Shepherds Show.
Speaker 6: You always correct me, is it Sharry or Shari?
Speaker 4: Is your friend?
Speaker 8: Legend I showed talk about I called the legend. You called the legend, and I didn't know she associated legends with death.
Speaker 2: She said, she told me.
Speaker 8: But I ain't no legend that she lied about that. She ain't never say that, but she said, I got the battle scars to prove it. Ain't nothing wrong with being legendary, shary. I want these people to grow into the agent and and grow into a beautifully and.
Speaker 3: Legendary don't mean old either, it don't it don't. Lebron thirty eight legend, legendary.
Speaker 8: Listen, Wendy Williams legendary, she's sixty. Oh damn, I didn't she got the battle scars, Lebron, legend in.
Speaker 2: Media, O don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So that that's all I meant by that. But congratulations to my baby Tana. She's doing her things. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: And that is the news. That's just what the mass is. Her news is really.
Speaker 8: Listen and look y'all, like I'm I'm really really doing that. I'm killing it today as far as.
Speaker 6: Because reading you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't tell people because then now they're gonna be looking just just going. You know, they're already looking. They be looking and then that's why I got these long nails too, because people got.
Speaker 15: To fight with the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people have a problem with me reading on my finger, but it's like, I'm what do you want me to do? Like if I'm looking down and it helps me read better, some people need their fingers. So now I got these long nails so y'all can see I'm doing it in style like there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that.
Speaker 4: All we need is just to the story.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but you're fine.
Speaker 3: I ll I keep telling sims want to off producers. Stop giving just so many words.
Speaker 6: Ain't making me sound stupid.
Speaker 2: Don't get just so many words.
Speaker 5: Now they do the rundown, they do the rundown and the cases.
Speaker 8: But stuff that I didn't even know. It's stuff that I don't be knowing that she puts in for me. Because if I'm.
Speaker 2: Reporting, I have to be right.
Speaker 4: That's right, and your news is real?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, thank you, sim allegedly now we.
Speaker 4: Are giving a donkey two man.
Speaker 3: We need the building Brains Daycare and Saint Cloud, Florida to come to the front of the congregation. I know, with Black History Month and you want to teach kids about Black history. But there's a right way and the wrong way to do those type of things. We'll discuss, all.
Speaker 4: Right, we'll get to that next. It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Make sure you're telling the watch'all for Florida, Milorda.
Speaker 3: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Flourida.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 17: A Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 6: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 2: Florida man is arrested after that.
Speaker 8: He says he riggs the door to his home in an attempt to elect you hid his pregnant likes.
Speaker 2: Police arrested in Orlando.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: We're talking as from Meido.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast club, bitch you donkey. Other day with Charlam Hayne, a guy I don't know why y'all keep letting him get y'all like this is not me do ballis y'all donkey?
Speaker 3: The day for Tuesday, February sixth, goes to the Building Brains Daycare in Saint Cloud, Florida. What does your uncle Shawla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. Now, it's two reasons this story really grinds my gears. One because it's involving kids. Two because it's Black History Month. See, Building Brains Daycare decided to do a Rosa Parks reenactment. And when you are then only black child in the class, it's a pretty safe bet, a pretty high probability that you are going to be playing Rosa Parks in this reenactment.
Speaker 4: Now keep in mind, this child is too. These kids are two years old.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter what age the child was, honestly, but just for the record, the child is too. So it makes what happens here more egregious. Would you like to know how the Building Brains Daycare Rosa Parks reenactment turned out?
Speaker 4: Well, let's go to w s H two for the report police.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this is happening to our.
Speaker 17: Daughter, That's what Jay says. His reaction was to seeing the photos posted in their daycare app for Building Brains Academy.
Speaker 4: That was just like, there's no way they're doing this in a two year old classroom.
Speaker 18: And it was our daughter who had her hands restrained behind her back by another child wearing a police vest.
Speaker 17: There were also photos appearing to show his daughter using fingerpaint, seeming to simulate her being fingerprinted breathe. The mom said she spoke with the school's director.
Speaker 7: She goes on to say, you know, the teacher, she's not from America, so she doesn't understand the true context behind Rosa parks. It goes back to what you allow within your facility, what you approve as your curriculum.
Speaker 17: The daycare sent is a response, saying in part that the play happened spontaneously during a lesson and was not part of authorized curriculum. They also said that the administration had no prior knowledge of it.
Speaker 3: Now, I see if this would have happened to my child, it would have been so many other moments in black history. We would have been re enacting the La Riots okay, Nat Turner's rebellion, the Shakisha fight tape okay, the two thousand Sauce Awards, the Nipsey Hustle, victory slap Okay. If you would have done at the my two year old, which I have a two year old, by the way, if you would have done at my two year old, then the daycare workers who are there to super and monitor the safety of my children would have needed someone to supervise and monitor their safety as well, because I'm coming and I'm coming to hand out Travis Kelsey and little Boosy handcut.
Speaker 4: See. I don't even understand the point of this reenactment.
Speaker 3: These kids are two years old, so you are perpetuating the cycle of white supremacy and black inferiority into these kids.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't have been doing this at all. But why not let the white kid play Rosa Parks and let the black kid play the police officer?
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 3: Because this reenactment wasn't about Rosa Parks. It was about reinforcing the cast system in America.
Speaker 12: You know what.
Speaker 3: The cast system is a form of discrimination based on the social hierarchy, which is determined by a person's race.
Speaker 4: This is strategic.
Speaker 3: Okay, y'all need to change the name of y'all daycare from building Brains to bird Brains Daycare?
Speaker 4: All right, sidebar?
Speaker 3: Why do we call people bird brains that could be highly offensive to birds because bird brains is defined as stupid foolish? Are scatter brain people that don't ever seem like birds to media, is nothing stupid about birds.
Speaker 4: Birds are smart, birds can fly. We don't know how to fly, so who really did? Now?
Speaker 3: The parents of this two year old have pulled their daughter out of this school, and rightfully sol because there's no reason for this. All right, when you're two years old, you should be learning shapes and animals, your five senses. You should be taught about colors, but not black is inferior and white is superior.
Speaker 4: And do you know they had the nerve you heard what the woman said. They had the nerve to tell the parents that the teacher is not from America. She doesn't understand the true context behind Rosa Parks and the civil rights movement. Well, why the hell is she teaching curriculum that she doesn't understand. I don't want my kids at too learning about Rosa Park yet, all right, don't go chasing the civil rights movement at two years old. Stick to the bluies and bubble guppies that you used to. I don't even know what to do in these types of situations, I really know. The parents contacted the NAACP.
Speaker 3: The NAACP said they contacted the Department of Children and Families about the incident. Basically, nobody knows how to fix the problem. Okay, nobody knows how to fix the problem of racism in this country. So I can't even fault the NAACP or the Department of Children and Families for not doing nothing, because what is there to do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: It's not a problem that we have a problem. It's a problem if we don't deal with the problem. And I just said that because it sounds good. I don't know how to solve the problem of racism.
Speaker 4: Nobody does, because if we did, I wouldn't be telling Red to please let Kathy Griffin give Building Brains Daycare the biggest he haw.
Speaker 2: Please give this giant jarl veil the biggest he haw.
Speaker 4: Let Chelsea handle it some too, man, he haw he haw.
Speaker 6: That is way too much.
Speaker 3: Dan Maynes Chris Rock got something to say, Well, I ain't visit my girl at the fast food restaurant in a while, Okay, okay, just making sure she still got a job, that's all.
Speaker 6: M So what country was the deceaser from? They wouldn't disclose.
Speaker 4: I don't think they said. They just said she's not from this country from.
Speaker 2: So should they reenact something else? Said?
Speaker 4: What did you say.
Speaker 2: React like that? Reenact like was that the steam boat in Mississippi where through the hatting up in there?
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be a good reenactment. You play with people children like this, that would be another good reenactment too.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right crazy, and you can't.
Speaker 3: Expect parents not to flip out when situations happened like this. In fact, it takes a lot to keep you cool. And you probably feel you need to keep you cool because you're a black parent and you don't want to go in there wild. But and then you might need to grab a folding chair.
Speaker 2: But the parents only found out about it because you're two years old. You're two year olds not telling you, hey play rose. They got pictures, but they got That's what I'm saying. Have the nerve to take pictures and put the pictures online.
Speaker 3: Talk about the same part of the curriculum. It's got these people going rogue, like women from Baltimore and done nothing first, because you know people from Baltimore.
Speaker 15: They yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Think and that don't work nowhere else but Baltimore is what they say. But that's crazy.
Speaker 4: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: The pictures up online, they.
Speaker 4: Said they didn't want to put the picure it up, but the parents didn't want them out.
Speaker 8: Okay, but they already did post them, right, I don't know, Yeah, because how the parents found out, that's time.
Speaker 2: They put probably put on as they do all right.
Speaker 8: Up to the NAACP that ended. The NAACP reached out to They don't know what they did.
Speaker 4: How many's.
Speaker 5: All right, well, thank you for that dog here today. Yes, indeed, now when we come back.
Speaker 2: This was online and one of our producers actually seen it, I think because it had to mention food. But this young lady said she put on Instagram and said, this boy said lunch is on him today and asked what I wanted. I said, I want a salad, and then I get a zel text for fifteen dollars. I said it right back, because huh, fifteen dollars is crazy. Baby. You can keep that, you will be hungry, miss lady. So let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Ladies, what are your thoughts on it? If a guy sent you fifteen dollars for lunch, is that insult?
Speaker 3: It's not an insult. I was just telling them it's probably ain't enough for you know the way the way inflation is out here. I was reading this morning, Big Mac Combo and Goddamn Connecticut seventeen fifty nine eight salad, probably double that because you know, everything healthy it costs more in America.
Speaker 5: But is that a supersizes that are larger or that medium.
Speaker 4: To say a Big Mac combos seventeen fifty.
Speaker 2: Nine Jesus Christ eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. Ladies, if a guy says you fifteen dollars for lunch, is that an insult? Are you sending it back? Let's discuss. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's steevej MV. Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club, Charlamagne God, we are the breakfast Club. Leaves now if you're just joining us. We're talking about something that was online that Big Mac, one of our producers actually sent us. He said it was from this girl. He said, this boy said lunches on him today. Asked her what she wanted. She said a salad, and he sent fifteen dollars. She said, fifteen dollars is sent it right back, baby, you can keep that. So eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one, ladies, what are your thoughts on this is sending fifteen dollars an inso or?
Speaker 8: I just felt like, girl, you could have asked him for a little bit more money. You didn't have to send it back because that what you're gonna do, dummy, Like what are.
Speaker 4: You gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like all right?
Speaker 8: Because I mean maybe in his mind a salad didn't don't cost more than ten dollars. But like you said, there's inflation and there's all of that and stuff like that. Okay, now you need to get something to drink. But I just liked that he even thought to send her something. He thought about us. She might be one right now, you know, all right? Whatever he go fifteen dollars, I would have at least given her twenty. But you don't send it back because now what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: But he probably thought the salad was ten dollars, Like if you go to I'm gonna go to Modega, salad is very cheap, right if you go to what's some places just salad or things. Salad is like twelve dollars, right, so he thought he was sending fifteen his little fifteen dollars waters a dollar get yourself through waters. I ain't see nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: Hold of these people, you know they but it sounded like some young behavior.
Speaker 2: She looked like in her twenties. Yeah, because for how to post it, of course there was young behavior. Yeah, since your.
Speaker 4: Unappreciative ask down O care you're ungrateful ast nobody had to send you nothing. How privileged do you that you can tell someone that fifteen dollars isn't enough. Y'all have no idea how bad people are doing out here in these streets. Some people will love to have that fifteen dollars, you know what I'm saying. But even if it's not enough, all you gotta throw is a couple of dollars to it. You gonna have to eat anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving you nothing after that. As matter of fact, I'm gonna take back to fifteen, because what do they teach.
Speaker 4: Us in life?
Speaker 3: If you're not appreciative for what you have, you won't get blessed with more, and what you got will be taken away.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna retake.
Speaker 3: I'm i'ma take this fifteen dollars back and now you're dumb as fast off and she called him a boy.
Speaker 2: Hello ikesha, Right, what said your weaves?
Speaker 13: Think?
Speaker 4: I Keisha with a tea tea side, We're good.
Speaker 13: I'm working a city. So if a guy sent me fifteen dollars for lunch, that's not enough. And I'm gonna let him know, like fifteen dollars is not gonna give me anything. I'm not gonna send it back, but I'm definitely putting it in my group chat, like, Yo, this nigger's street.
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars to see anything? Are you being realistic or anything?
Speaker 6: He don't get you anything. You can't eat nothing for fifteen dollars, then you're working.
Speaker 5: With city, not in the city, working New York.
Speaker 4: If I'm doing what you said, working New York, you can eat with fifteen dollars.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out how I don't get nothing right if.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to get a salad and a drink that's already like eighteen to twenty hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so why he ain't got two dollars or three dollars dollars.
Speaker 2: He's trying to be nice and saying I got you today. It's no like fifteen dollars, y'allo. Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna make a joke like what I'm supposed to eat with that? But you know I'm not gonna send it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you gonna stop talking to him? Let's be honest.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't stop talking to him, but I would know in the back of my mind, like, oh, he's a little cheap.
Speaker 4: How do y'all know in God testing y'all, how you know that was in Jesus?
Speaker 3: You just met Jesus and don't know it, and he gave you fifteen dollars and you're like, now I don't want that blessing.
Speaker 2: See, I can't get nothing again. I mean you're right about that.
Speaker 13: I guess the second date we'll really throw it.
Speaker 2: I'm talking like I'm looking right now. You could have got a Chick fil a eight count for twelve dollars and eighty five cents.
Speaker 5: It comes with the fries and the soda for twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 13: And then if I not work and I'm trying to get that delivered, that's thirty two dollars right.
Speaker 2: There, each is thirty two dollars doing dash list and all of that is expensive. Not lied about that.
Speaker 13: Tat whatever the drive and feed thirty two dollars.
Speaker 4: Man, it's not like we need to grow a garden. Man, That's what I'm getting from all this.
Speaker 2: Jesus, all right, and keep it fifteen. Keep your right, teacher.
Speaker 5: That's why you're gonna be singing for rest of your life.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who was in the back too?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 2: No, dude, Hello, Hello day? What's your name?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: My name is Jonahs Black, Jonahs Black?
Speaker 5: All right, sounds like you said somebody fifteen dollars for lunch before?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, that's right.
Speaker 2: And then it come back to you.
Speaker 9: Absolutely you hit absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: But why fifteen? Like why don't stay?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 4: Why is fifteen the number?
Speaker 9: Listen?
Speaker 12: My thing was at the time.
Speaker 9: It is just what I had. You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: You knew you like to call me. You couldn't call nobody else. Whatever I got you're gonna get.
Speaker 9: So why not be appreciated of that?
Speaker 8: Knowing that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: You know what? You send me to fifteen?
Speaker 12: Let me go get my chop cheeves instead of my salards.
Speaker 9: You know, I mean getta you know, get something to drink on the.
Speaker 2: Side and enjoy that later on.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean, I get a little more money.
Speaker 13: To go eat something else.
Speaker 8: Play.
Speaker 4: I actually think that is a good player to tell a girl to be like, Look, all I got is twenty on me, but you can get fifteen of that booth.
Speaker 8: That is a tractive he said, you knew you couldn't hit nobody else, up, you hit me. You know, whatever I got, you're gonna get that yeah T shirt.
Speaker 4: So I got twenty, but you can get fifteen of my twenty.
Speaker 15: Though.
Speaker 2: A cob salad in Chick fil A is eleven nineteen and that's cob salad with the nuggets. That's twelve dollars, right, you sending people to chick fil A. I'm just look, because I like Chick fil A.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that is a good thing.
Speaker 4: That's a good prices.
Speaker 6: But she's got out of salad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't too cheap. Fifteen dollars is good.
Speaker 4: If people don't want to eat fast food, what if they want some healthy stuff?
Speaker 7: Sale?
Speaker 2: It does a sale eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. If you're just joining us, we're talking about this lady online. She was complaining about this boy. This is what she said. This boy said lunches on him today and asked what I wanted. I said a salad. He sent me fifteen dollars. I sent it right back, because baby, fifteen dollars is crazy. You could keep that. We're asking, what's you.
Speaker 4: Start turn into a real house of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You think that, Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Brady say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 19: It's toughing times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ MV. Just Ceilary Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about something that one of our producers found Big Mac online. I has to do with food, he said. This lady said, this boy said lunches on him today and asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted a salad. He sent me fifteen dollars and I sent it right back, because baby, fifteen dollars is crazy. You can keep that, So we're asking what are your thoughts now? Just said it ain't that bad fifteen dollars, right, No, it's not, and that's probably only add which ain't mad at Hello's this?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 13: This is Jocelin calling from Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Hey, go morning, mama. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: Good morning? So I want to say, I feel like you're being ungrateful, okay, because you had enough fifteen dollars to get some extra top INDs, maybe some ad on shrimp from outback would happy.
Speaker 2: And it's the thoughts that counts, like he even gave you that and then have to give you nothing.
Speaker 4: And that's why this woman on the phone gonna get blessed the man because I hate.
Speaker 13: Oh I got I got one shout out to man. I'm sorry with mobile mechanic.
Speaker 2: I know that's right, that's my man.
Speaker 4: Because I hate when people test each other in relationships. But this is kind of like a test. You give somebody fifteen dollars if they ungrateful and unappreciative, that's just their character, that's what they are.
Speaker 2: That's true. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody? Hey, good morning, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 12: I'm just confused bywards of finding that as an insult. I would be with gratitudentes simply.
Speaker 4: You would what with attitude?
Speaker 9: I would leave gratitude?
Speaker 4: Oh, gratitude? Yes, absolutely absolutely?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this? Hello? This is what do you call it from? Mama?
Speaker 17: We call it from Virginia?
Speaker 2: And what's your thoughts? If a man sent you fifteen dollars for lunch, I'm gonna find it insulting.
Speaker 7: If the lady asked for a salad, I mean, a salad isn't that much?
Speaker 13: He probably thought like, oh, maybe the salad's only fifteen dollars.
Speaker 6: So here you go.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna run with that fifteen dollars. If I gotta add five more dollars, then.
Speaker 8: I'm a then you'll just add it right, you'll add it yourself right right right, you know, and then you can tell them like, you know, all right, so I put five more dollars through a babe or or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, but not to just send it back.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can keep that right.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna tell them.
Speaker 8: Here you go, babe, there you go.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 12: This is Rock Man called from Columbus.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rock what's your thoughts, brother, man?
Speaker 9: Social media just got these women hyped.
Speaker 2: Up, gas up.
Speaker 4: Just yes, sir, gets a little fence of entitlement.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying. That's bigger than they actually are.
Speaker 9: That's right, And what happened to gestures and.
Speaker 12: The thought that counts? You know, if these women are like that, you definitely avoid them, real flags screaming all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well they I mean, the biggest problem is is the fact that if a meal of lunches cost you twenty dollars or over twenty dollars every day, it's too expensive for people out there. And I know, I know you. You could say it was a long time ago, but growing up as a kid or even my twenties, I can get a meal for three dollars.
Speaker 4: I can get a meal for five dollars.
Speaker 3: And the biggest problem is these people is ungrateful. And it's crazy to me how people who are broke are financially struggling are the ones that are so ungrateful. Your financial circumstances might change if you was appreciative of what you have. I understand not being satisfied with your job or your current situation would appreciate what you have so you can get blessed with more.
Speaker 8: Listen, and then these are also people who are looking at what everybody else gott and what everybody else is doing also because to go and report something like that on Instagram or Twitter, whatever it was, you know what I'm saying, she's seeking validation from other people as well.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, like to agree with her.
Speaker 4: And I bet she got flamed in the comments very much. I bet she thought she was. I bet she thought she ate with that tweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet she did.
Speaker 6: Thought she ate, but she was hungry so she didn't need fifteen dollars back.
Speaker 2: Stupid absolutely all right, now we got all just with the mess of the way. Yeah we do. Just tired.
Speaker 4: Leave just around eight thirty, just gonna crash out.
Speaker 3: She's gonna get her birthday energy about another ten minutes, but right now she ain't.
Speaker 2: Got okay, all right, yeah, I will be back right at there, just with the message. It's coming up in a minute, don't hope. It's the breakfast clog of morning, the breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody at CJ.
Speaker 2: MV Jess, Larry Charlamagne, God, we are the breakfast club. Let's get to jest with the mess that is real Jessica Robber Milloy, guess don't do just is gonna bring numbers on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Stocks stack Romeo Miller beef with Rap Snacks. Okay, So Romeo has been the face of Rap Snacks since two thousand and two. I had no idea that the snacks came out in two thousand and two.
Speaker 6: That's that's what's up. Yeah, long time ago.
Speaker 8: The bags of chips, each flavor of chips or popcorn feature a rap artists. If you're not familiar with that, I think we've all seen. Bag of Rap Snacks are two. He didn't receive a check from them until twenty twenty three. By twenty twenty two, Romeo's bag of Rap Snacks Chips made roughly four point two million.
Speaker 6: Romeo claims he never received a share of that money.
Speaker 8: He even says Rap Snacks first time communicating with him directly was in twenty twenty three. Allegedly, he signed an agreement with them. In twenty twenty three, they dropped his pay rate and replaced his chip bag with his father's image.
Speaker 4: Romeo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he reportedly only made one hundred and fifty thousand from the brand over the last twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Rap Snacks is worth about thirty five million dollar.
Speaker 8: He's calling out the CEO, James Lindsey, for not making sure he was paid directly. The CEO and Romeo's dad, master P are friends dropped that gym real quick. He claims master P only became supportive of the business when it started making money. Romeo seems to be threatened the lawsuit, but he did tell me that he's really not trying to take it to court. He just wants to, like, you know, put a little bit pressure on the situation, he said, which, by the way, he shares all of it on his story as well. The culture seeing me help grow this product since a child, a rap Snacks literally use my image and likeness without ever paying me. I don't care to be right publicly. I just want what's done in the dark to be right. There's a reason they refused to turn over the documents with all of my sales. They do not want those records public, which will happen if and when I take them to court. Florida, he gives an example of Floridi. He said, Florida got eighty MS from the energy drink and his face wasn't even on the product. What do you think I'll get when we see the official books and leave it in the hands of a judge. Just a backstory on a Florida situation. Floriders sued the Celsius Energy drink brand and won eighty two point six million. Romeo claims his dad was receiving payment on his behalf and told him that it was being reinvested back into the company. He claims the CEO said, I paid somebody and that's that. Romeo's response to that was, imagine if your boss. Imagine your boss paying your salary to your cousin and saying, oh lol, Now I do understand it. This This seems as if, I mean because with the CEO saying I paid somebody and that's that. Back in two thousand and two, you weren't an adult. So I would only imagine that his dad was his power attorney, you know, because like like I would get all my son everything that my son is only eleven, I get money.
Speaker 6: I would get all the money for him until he's.
Speaker 8: Like older, you know, for businesses and stuff like that, because he can't legally sign underage, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 2: But this, this would seem more like a beef with his dad.
Speaker 4: That's what it seems in my opinion.
Speaker 8: And if he's not being paid, you know, and if his dad is taking his money claiming that he's reinvesting it back into the company, I mean, that's just wrong.
Speaker 2: But I just I just wanted to be I want to blame to be rightly pleased.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just got to figure out He's got to figure out the business of it all.
Speaker 3: Because if the SHO was supposed to pay who he was supposed to pay, and that's what he paid, and that's what he paid.
Speaker 2: But if he did to deal with with Master P did with Romeo's dad, and you know he paid, you know, now it's up to dad to figure out where that money goes. But you know, the messed up thing is Dad might look at it like when that money came in, that's what that's what handled our whole family. You undertand what I'm saying, so even though that you are the son I made you that way. I invested in your career, I invested in your whatever it is. You be in a star, I put you in movies. I did all that.
Speaker 5: So now when the money comes in and maybe I'm short.
Speaker 2: On this side. So like in our host in our household, is everybody's money. And if that money comes in and they got to pay the mortgage, if they got to pay for your brother's tuition, if they got to pay for your tuition, you know, you just got to see. But I couldn't see myself sue my dad.
Speaker 3: I ain't speculating by the people's business man that's came in before and told me about that cool monique money. Say what speculating about people's business?
Speaker 4: I don't know how business is.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Romeo is saying something, Ceo saying something. Would you, matthe got another side. Would assue my dad if it was a business, Yeah, probably, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, I would definitely see my dad. My dad would sue me if it was.
Speaker 8: Over some you know, a business, could dad My dad would never assume me one that's cute, but but you know it's you know, I wouldn't want to something that happened in his business.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: It's like because Romeo claims he never received the share of that money, you know, and that's that's twenty year business.
Speaker 2: But you just know not to with your dad anymore. But you know, at the end of the day, your dad raised you. He put you in these schools. Your dad did so much for you. And it was a bad business movie. You just know, not the effort your dad and then your friend, this is your fault that it doesn't matter pod on the table when you was a kid.
Speaker 4: Let's I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm a grown man with children. Now that that's you.
Speaker 4: I've been wondering that my little about you I'm talking about Rome said I'm a grown.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, y'are some clowns. That's what I'm saying, though, I hope it gets handled. And this is not the first time that he and his father has had money issues. He remember he came out last year sometimes said he never got paid for the movies that he was in, Like, come on, yeah, you made me a star, but at what point am I the star with money?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: I got to be a broke star, dad. True.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're not going to do business, if you're not willing to do if you're not willing to see the good and bad of business with your family, then don't go in business with your family.
Speaker 4: Because it's not going. It might not always be good. Yeah, and you might have to do things like this. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I hope that that situation gets righted. This is something I wanted to share. So yesterday I just went through I was going through all the urban blogs, you know, Shade Room, Hollywood Unlocked, Neighborhood Talk on Site, Baller Alert, you know, and I see in the comments that you know, it's a lot of black on black negativity and hate and stuff. And we beat each other up even if somebody does something good, like an active service or like a duty or something with somebody put on makeup, they look their best. We're in the comments and I'm saying we're because I'm a part of the black community. But I'm just saying, they eat these people alive. You can never do anything right, you can never look good, you can never be confident. It's like we when each other thinks anything great of ourselves.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: And so then I go to like E News and you know all the other blogs that are not black, uh, E News Variety, like some other.
Speaker 6: Things, right, and I go through those comments and they hate us too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish from all sides. Yeah, all sides.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And it's not often that they post us, but when they do, I'm talking about we, Yeah, they jump on us like you know, like this is not what I follow you for. And I was reading some of their voices and stuff, and I'm like, wow, they really.
Speaker 2: Can't stand us. So that's they support their own. They support their own.
Speaker 8: And because I also went through those comments as well, they will not say anything and if they do say something bad, it's it's not like crazy like how we attack each other or how they attack us. So my thing is, why do we have to do it when we're already getting it from another side. I just was really emotional. I'm thinking about it like two o'clock in the morning, like three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 6: I was like, Wow.
Speaker 8: So when you go to like the urban blogs or whatever, it's like, I would love to see more positivity there because when we go when I go over there to the other blogs, they give us crap too, Like they gave they had a field day with jay Z speech at the Grammys.
Speaker 5: Well that's why Tyree said he wanted to be Latino.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna never go there with it. I'm not going to do That's what he was.
Speaker 4: Trying to say.
Speaker 2: He was trying to say, in that community, they support each other more, and he feels like in our community community, we don't. He would fall that's what you meant.
Speaker 3: I think there's just a toxic culture that exists on the Internet, and humans don't like to see other humans do good, especially if they doing bad or not as good. I think it's just a toxic culture. And I think that you know it is, uh, it is exasperated when you're when you're black, because JJ will probably get on that stage and they'll probably it'll probably be some people saying like, there's bigger.
Speaker 4: Things in the world. You could be talking about other than other than Granmys.
Speaker 3: You could be talking about some real issues, and then you have other people that will be like, oh, third world problems. Oh you're so upset about the Grammy's, like your billionaire Jay upset about the Grammedies, no matter what it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I just wanted to make that a point y'all start sudding some positivity for us.
Speaker 4: Ya gotta do you.
Speaker 2: Because people gonna hate regardless, So don't know what makes you happy? That's all right, Well that's just with the mess side up. Next the People's Choice Mixles's Go Morning. Everybody is Seen, j M V Jess Hilarious, Charlamane the guy. We are the Breakfast Club's Black History Month for what were doing?
Speaker 4: Listen man, you know every day my man be DoD drops the podcast. I didn't know maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 3: On The Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast network and today b dot will be walking you through some of his favorite exhibits at the National Museum of African American Music. He had the pleasure of visiting the museum during the Thriller Possibilities Summit in Nashville, Tennessee, which The Black Effect puts together with Nissan. And you know that summit connects HBCU students with leaders across the steam industry for mentorship, conversations on career, branding and networking opportunities that can lead to success postgraduation.
Speaker 4: So take it away. Be down, One Nation under Groove, getting down just the funk COVID. What's happening to beat out here?
Speaker 18: We're here to thrill The Possibility Summit hosted by Nissan and the Black Effect Podcast Network.
Speaker 4: In the National African American Museum of Music.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna show you my three favorite exhibitions, So we start in the wade in the water room.
Speaker 2: This room symbolizes hope.
Speaker 18: How you say, you got to remember man in the early sixteen hundreds, when the first enslaved individuals were brought to the United States, they had their own tribal music, they had their own sounds, they had their own religion. But by the time they got here, all of that was beaten out of them. So this music, it's a sound of hope brought up in the church. Myself, like I could have been out there in the streets, but Mama had me and the pews. So I can relate to the gospel music and the hope that it provides for individuals. But then we transition from hope to survival. After the Civil War, were met at a cross roads. In the words of our good brothers from Cleveland, meet me at the crossworld. See, this room was very important. This was an introduction to a lot of things. One, there was an introduction to black folks to actually playing music that they wanted to play. See, up until this point they were forced to play music just to entertain their overseers. But now it was a freedom in the music because at this time they were given freedom, but they weren't necessarily free. The only way they could express said freedom and said sadness and said happiness is in the music.
Speaker 2: That's what founded the blues. Up until that point, it was just thought that white folks would never like black folk music over there. That wasn't the case.
Speaker 18: See white folk love that blues so much that blues created country music as well as jazz as well as hip hop. See the Crossroads room. It interconnects communities. It's actual crossroads to different cultures.
Speaker 2: This is the one nation under a Groover room.
Speaker 4: You did all jazz. It might be the smoothest room in the museum.
Speaker 18: You did what I'm saying, and it just shows how jazz was integrated into black culture that eventually went onto the world.
Speaker 8: He even got white folk over.
Speaker 4: There playing jazz music.
Speaker 18: They loved the jazz and didn think about all the storms that were birthed from jazz.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think Duke.
Speaker 18: Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzjernal, Billy Holliday, Miles Davis, jazz music from ragtime and mental shows to civil rights and Bebop.
Speaker 8: You did what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: It's a blending of the cultures. I can't wait to see what's next in this place. This whole exhibit has made me want to just sing dance.
Speaker 20: But this area is my space. Okay, this is where the radio jockeys used to be. You did what I'm saying to you. Fix shout the Black Folk and radio. Big shout to the blackfect Podcast Network.
Speaker 18: Big shout too the Thriller Possibility Summit, and big shouts to National African at the Museum Music right here in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I'm about to keep going around. You get some free time. I think you should come check it out. It's pretty dogs on d I ain't sign.
Speaker 4: Luther my Man beat out and make sure you subscribe to you.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you didn't need a podcast on the Black Effect Ieart Radio Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, Everybody's d j MV just hilarious. Charlamagne the Guy we are the Breakfast Club Day two.
Speaker 7: Jess.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sorrying, but I'm happy. Oh my goodness, I am gonna adjust. You're writing four more weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be coming in pajamins.
Speaker 13: I tell you.
Speaker 4: But you are a morning person though that is I am, yes morning in the morning at home.
Speaker 5: But when you got to get up and get dressed from man.
Speaker 2: And clam and here go through a tunnel and everything, Jesus Christ. Yeah, definitely all right. I say, sweatsuit, I said six weeks yesterday, I said four weeks Earlyer to that, I say three weeks now. Believe us.
Speaker 3: On a positive note, Charlamagne, listen, man, this is for everybody out there who is waiting for somebody to see their worth. I want you to know that your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.
Speaker 4: Remember that breakfast club bites you don't finish or y'all dump