Speaker 1: This is Bombing with Eric Andre, the podcast where I talk with friends, comedians, musicians, and other creative people about their worst moments on stage and getting shot on by a live audience. And we have our first musician on the show. I talked to my good pal Mac DeMarco. Crazy talented. He's toured all over the world and shared his music amongst endless fans like passing out pieces and freaking out the neighborhood. Let's time to this conversation about his life on the road and what wild shit he's scene on stage. Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast to get new episodes every week. Rate A five stars, and if you're on Apple Podcasts, subscribed to Big Money Players Diamond to get exclusive bonus clips from every episode plus ad free episodes weekly. Let's do it Bombing with Eric Andre. So what's the worst you've ever bombed?
Speaker 2: I have a list with are there's some you know? I was thinking about it.
Speaker 1: The three questions I asked every guest what's the worst ever bombed on stage? What's the worst bomb you've ever seen?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I once saw cap Power live and she ripped their piano and a half or whatever it is. I just made that story up. So what's the worst you've ever bob? What's the worst bomb you've ever seen? And what is the most wasted you've ever been on stage? You know? I had one guest on whose answer to that last question was on stage with Mac DeMarco, was really, yeah, DJ DJ Doug Pound, Oh yeah, that's the most waste you've been on stage? You had like the little beer section or something you'd.
Speaker 3: Have people see it's called the bestro table. You sit people on stage and get them wasted. He doesn't drink that much, he said. He got hammered out of his mind and then out of nowhere. You were like, Doug, why don't you get on the drums and play through this next? And he was like he's not a drummer. He rarely drinks.
Speaker 1: And he was like annihilated in front of a fucking arena of billions of fans. Just yeah, fucking you're years ago, but you were like you were, You're happy as a clam.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, you know, it's like I don't. It's funny because yeah, probably my worst bomb and the drunks I've ever been those might be the same story.
Speaker 1: We'll tell us a tell.
Speaker 2: There's like so many times I was thinking about it too, because it's like, you know, I think about what it means to bomb in comedy versus music, and it's like I feel like there's a difference where, you know, like in music, I feel like there's a soft bomb, like if you play a song that the crowd doesn't really know or they don't really care, you play it and they're like okay, right, and it's like that's kind of bombing. But then there's like the kind of you know, then there's like some of these stories that I'll tell you here where it's like savagely something savage happens and everyone's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like what it's like, yeah, yeah, like like when Prince used to open up for the Rolling Stones and people would throw bottles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be like got off that stage. And then with you know, I don't know, comedy, it's like you such, it's like such a closer connection or it's like a more intimate connection, I think, or like I don't know, person, I don't know, it depends, but let's see. I have a little list here. I was thinking the there was one instance we played at we were doing I think three nights at the Teargram Ballroom just downtown in LA And the first night, I don't really know why it happened. I don't know what happened, but I got like really really really drunk on stage and I was in a bit of a mood. Sometimes you get into mood, you know, I write these songs that mean something to me. You know, it's like sometimes you get you get emotional, which I think, I think those are the best kinds of show. Like, here's the thing too about this show is like some of my friends will be like Jesus Christ, like what was that? And then other other friends will be like that was the most the best show I've ever seen you do. But I guess essentially what happened we I think we kind of stumbled through most of the set, and then we got to this point where we were kind of jamming up there, and I had taken my shirt off and I was kind of crouched like a gargoyle on top of my amp, like staring out at the audience, and I had I had made everybody sit down, and they were all sitting down, and for a long time, I would I was turned and the bestro table was right there, like we were talking about with Doug Pound. But I was turned around for a while and I had the microphone in my mouth, like the whole bulb of it, and I was just screaming and screaming into it. And then I turned around. Kids would try to get up and I'd be like, it's not like fucked like And at one point I put a cigarette out on my chest. Yeah, the scar is here. If you can see that, that little white patch, the scar is there. Yeah, but I put this smoke out of my chest like fully pushed in, which I had never done before. It really hurts. I mean I didn't really feel at the time. Next day was horrible, but Drigger whiskey, Yeah, Jamison used to be my weapon of choice. But there was all of that, and I remember just and it was getting to the point where it was kind of like the music wasn't even sounding like music anymore. People had been sitting on the ground for a long time. It was just confusing. And then my mom and my mom wasn't there, and I'll get to that, but there was one girl in the middle of the crowd and she I remember she stood up and everyone uls was on the ground it's probably you know, like six hundred person venue or something like. You know, she stood up and she was weeping, and she just spent what the fuck are you doing? Bag?
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, deeply, deeply disturbed.
Speaker 1: She wanted she wanted some nice tunes. You were like, g it was.
Speaker 2: It was so brutal and yeah, and then the next you know, the show finished, we went home. I remember getting a call from my mom in the morning that I was being like, is everything all right, sweetheart? Like it had made the rounds of the internet, like Mac played a real raw one last night.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just okay, O, no are concerned for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But then the show we did the next night there was great, so you know, it was redeemed, I guess. But I remember pulling up to the venue that like the next day, because it's a residency, it's not even like we did this insane thing and we can just leave town. It's like nope, coming back the next night, pulling in and one of the guys that worked at the venue is like, pretty interesting show last night, man. I was like, yeah, yeah, pretty weird, and he just went prett embarrassing and I went.
Speaker 1: Oh, really, he said that to you.
Speaker 2: That's rude. I mean, you know, whatever would.
Speaker 1: He say that to the fucking artist that has a residency. What are you gonna do? Keep that tearsself, I don't agree with that guy. That's fucking passive aggressive. That'n't even passive agresses. That's aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so, But you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sensitive to that kind of shit. One time I was doing stand up in Alabama and I spilled ranch salad dressing all over the stage. And the guy that ran he wasn't even the guy that ran the club. He was just like a random guy that worked there. Was so angry at me and mopped between I had like a eight o'clock show and a ten o'clock show, And then he took out a mop bucket and he stared daggers at me as he mop up the ranch. That wasn't that much, honestly, it was like besides of a dinner plate. Yeah, And I was like, okay, I'm sorry, and I went and I grabbed the mop and I mopped the rest of the the ranch up and like finished the mopping, and then and then I mopped the second show. Its like it's going to happen again at the second show, and I mopped the other one and he was still poudy about it. I was like, the fuck you Alabama man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Some people just don't have you know. I remember there was a kid. There was a kid. Where were we in DC? I think? And we played. He was really excited to he was working at the show. I think he was doing merch for us, and I used to do this thing where I hit the microphone into my chest like this just I don't know why, some kind of caveman shit or whatever. But after the show, I went up to go say like, oh, thank you so much, like if you want any merch, like you know, like that, you know, thank you so much for working with us. But he was like disturbed by me because I mean, I don't know, maybe he has some I don't know what it is, but he thought that they were gunning shots every time. I was just kind of like, it's a mac Marco's show. You know, It's like we're not you know, it's like it's not even I don't know. Maybe maybe he had an experience that made him feel uncomfortable in that way. But it was kind of like, you don't know. He wouldn't even look at me after the show, and I was kind of man like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So what is this bestro table? Do you serve food there?
Speaker 2: The bistro table was invented at this venue in Toronto years ago, probably in like two thousand and eight or nine. One of the first tours I ever went on this venue called the Horseshoe Tavern Legendary Tour at Toronto Venue, and it was kind of like, you know, I used to I don't know, It's like it's like whin. I had some friends and it was like we put a table on the stage and I bought them some pictures and they just sat there while we played and they get to enjoy. Yeah, they get to enjoy this shit. It's like the ultimate VIP experience, you know. And it kind of snowballed. And we've been doing it for years and years and years.
Speaker 1: Do you still do it?
Speaker 2: We will do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you do it every show?
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 1: I want to be on the b strow table.
Speaker 2: Next time we play in La can be at the Beast?
Speaker 1: Can I make little drinks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well that's the thing. Sometimes the promoters are really about it, and they're like, there's this one guy in France actually that does our shows there and he gets a nice tablecloth and he gets flowers and the food.
Speaker 1: I loved that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only problem is sometimes we don't, you know, I need to put like little speakers over there, because when you're standing on the side of the stage and there's no pa like, it just kind of sounds like you're like, well, I'm at the show, but I can't hear it down then it's going. So it's like kind of the you know, the shittiest place to watch from, but it's also tight. But but yeah, no, it's been Actually, there's an interesting story about the be Strow table in La that long time ago, probably like seven years ago. We were playing a couple of nights at the Fonda and there was a kid i'd met him at on the street in Highland Park, I think maybe in front of Future Music or or some music store something, and him and his girlfriend. I was like, oh, you come to the show, no problem, And I got them on the guests as they came, and they came and sat at the Bestrow table and I think they're, like Doug was saying, like they I don't know if they drank that much, but there's a lot of booze around and they.
Speaker 1: Is it fans. There's friends of yours at the be Stow table.
Speaker 2: Friends usually fan. I don't know. It's kind of like whoever is or it depends, you know, now it's usually friends, I would say, but you know, it just depends. But they were sitting up there and yeah, and the kid got hammered, and I, you know, I didn't see him till after the show. Well, yeah I didn't. I noticed he was kind of drunk at the table, but there was like twenty five people at the table or something. So anyway, I go finish the show. Great rock show, really, you know, nailed it home. Everyone was loving the rock music. And I go down the stairs and I see the kid's girlfriend and there's a stretcher and there's the kid and they're pulling the white sheet over his head. And I was like, oh god, your like someone died at my show. But no, he wasn't dead. He wasn't dead. He was just he had like alcohol poisoning or something, or you know, had like thrown up or something. They were taking him out, like I don't know why the white sheet, but it was like I was like kidding, Yeah, it was crazy. I was coming off this light. I was like, yes, like I'm a rock star. Then you go downstairs like oh my god, like like right at the bottom of the stairs. It was so brutal, but uh, yeah, it's pretty. You know the beastra table sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Speaker 1: That's cool. It's SUPERBCT. So you're putting cigarettes out on yourself. Yeah, and then the guy the next day said that was embarrassing or whatever. Did you go into the next set the second day like straight as an arrow sober or were you still in that mode where you were like like iggy pop like on PCP.
Speaker 2: No, it was more sober. The next night was like really wholesome somehow, like John c Riley introduced us and we had well your bass player one time before he stopped page right Pierce Pierce yea.
Speaker 1: He used to drink. He was so drunk. One time at the bar he stuck all four fingers up. My ass cracked. When I was talking to with Gal at the bar. Out of nowhere, he like crammed and he wanted to stop. He was like trying to cram his like hand into my ass and I was like, and I was so drunk and it was so violating and shocking. I like snapped on him. I was like, get the fuck away, and he was like.
Speaker 2: And then I don't even know if I would have been there for that.
Speaker 1: You weren't there. You were And then like the next week he came out of my house and I play upright bass, and it's expensive instrument, and it's it's a it's a fragile instrument, a cheap upright bas is ten thousand dollars and they go up, yeah, two hundred and fifty k. You know, my teachers, the bases they played, they had to take that mortgages from the bank basis. It's expensive instrument. I don't mind people playing it, but you gotta be a little bit careful. He's wasted and he's like grabbing it, he's flopping it around and just you know, six days ago, stuck all four fingers in my ass. I was like, get out of my house. I kicked him out of my house. I kicked out. I was like, get away from me.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not drinking anymore, making for the bask Yeah.
Speaker 1: The next time I saw he was like, oh yeah, I don't drink anymore. You know.
Speaker 2: That's what happens sometimes when you when you when you finish all of your allot of drinks and then you know, there's all his drinks. He finished all his drinks real early. God bless them, yeah.
Speaker 3: God bless but what he was drinking, he was like, fucking goddamn.
Speaker 1: Jerry Lee Lewis Great Balls of Fire.
Speaker 2: A great story of Pierce. Once we were playing in Australia. This is kind of a bomb, I guess, but Pierce and Andy, Pierce, we used to used to get into quite a mood on stage sometimes too. I love this man still today. He's one of my best friends. But but he there was a night we were playing in Australia and it was near the end of the show and him and my guitarist Andy were looking at each other and Pierce was kind of he was just not having it, like he was just not having a good time on stage, didn't want to be there. And Andy was kind of egging him on, like why do you just leave then? Like why don't you go? Like come on, like what are you gonna do? You know? And Pierce was like fuck it, and he took his bass off and left the stage. I didn't even notice, yeah, but like right near the end of the show and I was like, oh, I didn't really know what's going on. So I got there was that some of the guys from that band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard were there. So this guy Cookie, I was like, Cooky, cook, get up here and play the last song. He was like, I don't know, and I was like, it'll be fine. Dorn Pierce left and he went to the green room and he grabbed two beers and ahead of broccoli for some reason, just really drunk and was like I'm out of here and tried to leave out the front door, and the bouncer was like, you can't take those beers out of here, and he's liked make me and the guy grabbed the beers out the bottom, so it like slashed, you know, the little beer bottle capital slashed his like tendon hero open. There was blood all over the place. I don't know what he was doing with the broccoli. But the next day we were supposed to go to that like wildlife conservatory place where you like hold the koalas and stuff. And I remember in the morning waking up and I hadn't seen him for the rest of the night. But waking up in the morning and everyone being like, so are we going to the petting day? I was like, no, Fred, not like not today, not not after last night. Sorry about that was.
Speaker 1: His hand all funked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was out of these fucking cuts all.
Speaker 1: Over his but he had to play, he had to play an instrument. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think luckily it was his right hand so that, you know, it didn't go much his brutal Yeah, yeah, he was, you know, it was a wild child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who the most stressful guys to drink with. Have you ever drank with the jack jackass guys?
Speaker 2: I've never even really met met the I remember you were over here at one point and you when you came over, you came in and you were like surveying the backyard because you weren't sure where and when they would be. Yes.
Speaker 1: Like I was at tiki bar with Knoxville and I had sandals on, which I'd never have. Yeah, and I'm not paying attention, I'm talking it. I was Jeff Germaine. I'm talking to Germaine, and my left foot feels like it's having like the worst allergic reaction, like just like inflamed. I'm like, God, what the fuck? My left foot feels like I must be having an allergic reaction. I'm feel like I'm having a stroke. I looked down. My whole left foot is on fire. Knoxville got like a bottle of one fifty one rum and matches, and he's like just pouring one fifty one all over my foot and throwing matches at Wow, and you can't stop it out. You're just stomping it around.
Speaker 2: It's like it's amazing, though, you know, that's like it's just the way it should be. I think with those guys, you know what I mean like that, because how old is he now? He's like in his fifties or.
Speaker 1: Something fifty, the early fifties.
Speaker 2: And he's still lighting people's feet on fire.
Speaker 1: That's great. And you gotta like the whole crew. It's not just the guys on the cast. It's like you always have to have like your your beer like this because they pee, they take out their dicks at the arm pee in your beer while they're talking about like Frank tow is drinking a beer and then like and then like Tom toothless, Tom, who's not even on he's a camera operator like Pee all in towns Beer. The key is you can't you can't act nervous around them, and then when they do prank, you just act gotta act cool because the more you stress, the more they're gonna be like.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's tough. Yeah, Pee and fucking fire.
Speaker 2: With a Dre.
Speaker 1: With Adre. That's what's the worst bomb you've ever seen? Have you ever seen a performer tank just eat a bag of shit on stage?
Speaker 2: Trying to think of like a really like maybe a musical one.
Speaker 1: I saw like Aril Pink early Ario Pink shows every day.
Speaker 2: That was kind of what he did though at that but you know he would just pull up with the boombox and people would be like this isn't even good, Like fuck you, this isn't good. You know, it's just like this sucks. So I don't know, I feel like but that. But it's like charming in a way as well. It's like if you saw those shows. I saw one of them back in the day, but I remember my friend Cody was just like, yeah I saw it the other day and Montreal like it fucking sucks, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Cat power Cat power would notoriously mount down on stage all the time too. She would she would have a really tough time. She would unravel.
Speaker 2: I mean see that there's like a difference because I remember seeing there was a band called fuck Are They called a garage band from Montreal. They came over to Vancouver and they were playing. It was this big deal, like when garage was kind of really having its moment, like two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight or whatever, and maybe two thousand and nine even and what were they called I can't remember, but but that in that instance, it was like the drummer was just so hammered that like they couldn't, Like the whole band is like trying to play in the drummers just can't can't get in there. Which is it just like it just didn't sound like music at all. You know, there's instances like that where it's kind of like technically impossible. But then there's the ones where it is just like h meltdown status like screaming at the audience.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I have a friend Sean that used to you know, I love this guy as well. I just recorded a record for him a couple of years ago. But back in the day he would have you know, Sean Nicholas Savage, he would he would. He had some shows, some difficult shows where he would get quite angry at that. Actually, on tour with us, I hope he doesn't minded I'm telling these stories. But there was a tour where he he was in the van with us the whole time, and he had he would he would use olive oil in his hair to slick it back. He was looking good on the story in an Italian suit, slicked his hair back every day. He's kind of you know, very uh, kind of a cloud snowmy style look. Sometimes you know, a very skinny guy, like beautiful guy. But I remember there was this one we played in Glasgow or something, and they didn't have normal olive oil. We're playing at a pizza restaurant, but they had like the pizza olive oil spicy, so it had like the peppers in it and stuff. So Sean he got mad. There was no hot water in the green rooms. He was frustrated about that, and then they didn't have the olive oil. They only had the pizza of olive oil. So he took a cold shower and then he smelled like a pizza cause he uses pizza of olive oil and he just got that night though, I think it was like a we had just a mess of shit happening that, you know, that tour, and it was that was one of the you know, I feel like our fuse was quite short, but somehow he had a dress when we played that night, and he was like crawling around and just screaming, and it was like it was just punishing, you know, punishing the people that came to But even that, it's like I love the punishment like them.
Speaker 1: To me, it's like the most entertaining show.
Speaker 2: To me, it's like, yeah, somebody Steve.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I saw a super cut of Steve Lacey taking people's iPhones out of their hands, like breaking them one.
Speaker 2: But even that, it's like, you know, that's one of those things we're onlinecause I've seen those clips and I love Steve too, He's my my good buddy. But it's like with that, it's it's kind of like people are like, like I am so angry at you, Steve, Like I paid, like right now, we're living in this in this world where it's kind of like I paid for your.
Speaker 1: Record Outraged Economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I own you well that and it's like it's like I I should have a say, you know, it's like I am your fan and I paid to be your fan.
Speaker 1: So but it's like, no, you let him break your phone. I like, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love him camera Like fuck yeah, Steve, like get it because it is you know, it's annoying. You know, it's fucking annoying. You know, but it's I don't know, it's like even that like but that's what I'm saying, is like a diference between the music bombing and the comedy. But I don't know. Bombing is such like it's such a very particular thing, like it's I don't know. I think that the worst is when something happens that is out of your control and then you can't reel it back in. Yeah, you know, like like say for like and then it just gets.
Speaker 1: All like technical equipment like yeah, audio going down or that.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like I think back to like when we saw radio Head at Coachella, like I don't know, five years ago or four years ago whatever, and uh, and the P eight has kept shutting off and the first time you're like, oh, that's cute. The PA is shutting off, and then it happens again and again.
Speaker 1: Radioheads PA, Well that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the console is exploding or something, and like, you know, even you can even see it in the guys. I mean they're professionals, they take care of business or whatever. But you know, it happens two or three times, and you get to the point where you're kind of like you're like, yeah, I don't know if I have any more like cute jokes about the ship being fucked, Like the shit's just kind of fucked, you know what I mean. It's like at that point, it's kind of like like you get that. Yeah, Yeah, I feel like I had it so badly recently. What was it? The cringe? It's almost Yeah, the cringe is what I That's what I search you for. That's what I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard Frank Ocean was having a tough time.
Speaker 2: That was I Yeah, I was there for that as well.
Speaker 1: Danny buddies with Bunny Blanco. He said the show was amazing. He goes, I don't why everybody's get.
Speaker 2: People really loved it. I didn't stay for the whole thing just because I was like I don't want to wait for the traffic, but uh, I'm out. I'll say that some components of it, like his voice sounded amazing. It was just like there's parts about it where you know, there was a lot of waiting, there was a lot of it was strange.
Speaker 1: It was really strange. I think Cochella is a tough crowd. Don't you think Coachella is a tough coachell is? We did? We performed at Gouceella together. That's right, we performed Atella together. Never forget the.
Speaker 2: Theremin and the Giant. It was at twenty inch deal the Giant.
Speaker 1: But it's don't you think that Coachella is a tough crowd.
Speaker 2: Coachella is like not a music crowd. It's like a butt cheeks crowd. Like it's like, you know, everybody's there with like barely any clothes on, and like it's more about getting the photos and ship. Yes, I mean, Frank Ocean is like you know those butt cheek people like do know about Frank? Like they love Frank.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. It's such a funny, you know what I mean? So what is that are you describing? Like the southern California girl with a flower crown and the big time but cheeks are just out. They don't even know the bands, they're just they're.
Speaker 2: Fuck like that. I have a problem with the butt cheek people.
Speaker 4: I have a problem with the but cheek people, the budgeting people. They're low cutie pies, but they're fucking they are. They are the stereotype of the southern California ding dong oh yeah. Like, And that's my problem with the Coachella crowd. I don't think anybody's paying attention.
Speaker 1: It's very hot. Here's my here's my issues with Coachella. I'll tell you one of the best festivals ever played. Fucking uh b c. Pemberton, British col.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that's a nice one.
Speaker 1: Under been there, But Pemberton, all Pacific Northwest outside land festivals of San Francisco's amazing, Sasquatch, all those like, all those like rural Washington state kind of festivals amazing. The weather's amazing, the landscape's amazing. Indio, California, Coachello Valley is just a flat, brutal, hot, brutal nightmare strawberry farm. It's just a fucking strawberry farm.
Speaker 2: Butt cheeks everywhere.
Speaker 1: And then ding Dong's from Orange County and Arizona in La La ding Dongs gorgeous idiots coming for miles around. I don't know, it just feels a little too cool.
Speaker 2: It's not even cool, Like it's like, but it's not cool.
Speaker 1: The irony is it's not cool. But it feels like it feels like girls with flower crowns that are like this rave is important, man, exactly, and it's like is important.
Speaker 2: It feels expensive in a way, you know what I mean, But it kind of it's like it's like greasy in a way. But here's the thing is, I talked to my friend Jania that a couple of weeks ago, and he was saying that he went to Cochelle. He'd never really been in music, vessels, guys, a painters, a good pel of mine, and the you know, he was saying that he he went with this stay with this guy that you know, I think is an art dealer or something, and they had the real they had the lux Coachell experience, Like the guy's got a humongous house on a golf course and there's you know, chefs and like just a million dollar experience, you know, and like the artists don't even have that there. You know, it's like I you know, you like in a dusty trailer or something, and like we all caterings closing, It's like, oh, can I still get dinner? It's like sorry now, you know, it's like you know, it's like it's it's I don't know, it's But that's the whole point too, is that you can you can essentially buy the artist experience a cochelle. You can like buy an artist pass, you can buy a VIP pass whatever. So it's enticing to these people. But that's why I love it. You know, it's like the you go for the celebs, you know, you go to people watch. Although the first couple of years we played, I was looking for the wrong celebs, Like I'm looking for like Jack Nicholson or something like. You know, you got to look for the contemporary, the TikTokers, You got to.
Speaker 1: Look for your eyes feel for Jack.
Speaker 2: I mean I would I saw, you know, you go to Lakers game, that's where you see Jack. Yeah, you ever see that photo of him at the Lakers game where him and his buddy brought homemade chili to eat and he just spilt it all over his pants.
Speaker 1: It's so and he's just.
Speaker 2: Sitting there like a shit, Like, what do I do now?
Speaker 1: Jack with aericnre with aericndre, what's the well you already said the most wasted you've been on stage.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was the most wasted. There's definitely been other instances where I've just been I mean it's like, you know, it's it's funny getting into the swing of Like there was about a year and a half or two year period where I would drink a full two six of Jamison on stage every night. It was like I would just.
Speaker 1: Are those early tours or are those your early tours?
Speaker 2: No, this is like this is like maybe you know the two albums ago, last album? Yeah, so it's like but you build our nerves or just for fun. I think it was just like, well, let's just see how far down this road we can go, you know, But it was there were there were nights. I remember we played a show I think it might be the only show we ever played in Pittsburgh and we just played for I mean, we played the songs we were gonna play, like my songs, and then I was so so like it just erupted into this like jam thing. I like don't remember the show at all, but there's videos of it. We played for like three and a half hours or something Like a lot of it is just like kind of weird slow jamming, and I'm making people say I'm like Turkey, and they're like saying Turkey back to It's this whole thing, and I just remember, you know, the show was finished. I'm laying on the back the back patio. There's like a masseuse there giving me a massage. I don't know, it's just like there's a blur of this era where it's like, you know, there were a lot of shows where I couldn't walk after the show, and that was like that.
Speaker 1: You know, do you think toe to toe drink for drink, cigarette for cigarette? Did you ever surpass post malone or were you guys to kind of neck and neck for SIGs.
Speaker 2: Post party with this? One time we parted would Post in Tokyo. We were both playing at Fuji Rock and we took him to this.
Speaker 1: Did any smoke four to five packs a day?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised. I mean I never I'm sure that if I was at you know, if it was the right Music festival, and we played early enough in the day, like four packs wouldn't be out of the four.
Speaker 1: That's eighty cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a shitload, I mean, but it's like, you know, here's the thing. I bet it's the same a Post too. When you're posting, you got SIGs. Everybody's having a sig. You go through four or five packs, I don't know, but there, I mean, there was a long time where I was smoking at least two packs a day, which is like, that's a lot of cigarettes, you know. But but Post, I remember there was a nut yet We took him to Beat Cafe. This guy Kato man In in Tokyo. He runs this bar named Beat Cafe. And we went there with Post and me and all my guys. We drank. We all drink a lot. A lot of us were from Canada. It's like it's kind of you know, that's that's the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a nation founded by alcoholics.
Speaker 2: Exactactly.
Speaker 1: John, what's what's your George Roshing called Johnny apple Seed? What's like Johnny Appleseed? He's got the big schnas.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: John McDonald, John McDonald, John McDonald, have you seen that guy? Schnas that guy drank his face into an explosion exactly. Yeah, but I know, so you're drinking in Tokyo Post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were with Posts and we were drinking in there and Post, I mean Post there was it got to the post gets hammered. I don't know if he does anymore. I haven't seen him in quite a few years, but but he was like on the ground, like rolling around and we had that. There was a point where we were all hammered too. We had to go to security, like don't you think like maybe you should take him home? Like you can't stand up now, what's going on? So in that one instance, we I would say, we out drank Post nice. But he's a he's a beer man, like he loves to drink the bud night guy. Yeah that was interesting too. That year he actually had like palettes of bud Light flown into Fuji Rock, which is.
Speaker 1: Like rough bud Light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Japan Japan's got good like light light beer, Like why not just drink that? But he is a he loves his bud Lights.
Speaker 1: So bud Light's tough.
Speaker 2: Man, It's easy to drink. I think that's the thing. It's like a casual doesn't make you feel full, doesn't make you drunk too fast.
Speaker 1: But also I like drinking to get drunk.
Speaker 2: I'm like, exactly, that's the whole thing. I never really thought that there was any you know, I mean the flavor. Never I don't know, fancy cocktail.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like the faster the you know. That's why jamison is so great. It's because it's it's quite easy to drink, and you can drink it fast, and it's kind of like the Coca cola hard alcohol or whatever. And then there you are.
Speaker 1: I'm a big rum guy, I'm a rum. I'm part pirate rum. Rum is mine.
Speaker 2: I'll say this. This is another instance of me being really hammered on stage that I'm just remembering. My friend Mollie Lewis. She's a whistler and she was doing the show. Do you mean she's like a whistler, she's a whistlership, you know, she's like she could yeah, she's crazy, really good whistler. And she was professional. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. And she was doing a whistle show down at Zebulon like not far from you know, the zone in La and uh and she wanted me to come and sing this Frank Sinatra song, a song called Change Partners. This was years ago, and I don't drink gin really. I was a whiskey guy or tequila guy or whatever. I love so but I was like, I'm singing a Frank Sinatra song tonight, I'm gonna drink Martini's. And so I just started drinking these. Jim Martinez, I think I had like maybe twenty maybe twenty gin, and it was this. It was fucked up.
Speaker 1: Martini is basically just Gin with a little remove.
Speaker 2: It was like that. The performance was okay, and I had a nice time there, but I was so drunk. And say it was what happened after? You know that plays Astro diner down the street from the so I was there. I was one thing led to another. Was hugging my friend, you know, he had to leave. I don't know. I ended up falling through one of the stained glass windows was at Aftra Diner. But but my I also had my my cock and balls out of my jeans for some reason. So I fell through and as soon as I fell through, I was like it was so sobering. All of a sudden, I was like, oh, Okay, time to get up and go tell them that I'll replace the glass, and I like start walking in, but cure my girlfriend was like like stop stop, and I was like what and she had to like she pushed my balls back in my jeans and hipped the jeans up, and then I walked in. I was like, I'm so sorry I've destroyed your and I actually I paid for the windows like two hundred bucks, like it took like months and months and months, and then to get it.
Speaker 1: They have staying that windows like a church.
Speaker 2: These low there's these low ones. Yeah, I mean I think that place has been there for a long time, but they kind of know me in there now because I, yeah, fell the acids.
Speaker 1: Windows like twenties zebul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brutal, But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Were you ever a cocaine guy? Where you big coke? Coke?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: No, There's a lot of big drinkers are like they like sniffing the they like sniffing the stuff to kind of get them die.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never you know, it's funny, It's like I never really became that much of a drugman.
Speaker 1: You were popping mally shelf and pingers.
Speaker 2: I mean there's been music festivals over the years that for sure, you know, but but it's like I never I never really seeked it out. I guess it was always just kind of like I suppose, I suppose I will Yeah, no, probably, yeah, some of those I mean, especially with the Malli and that. You know, it's like you just don't know what you're getting sometimes and you know, you end up having a insane We have had some insane experiences. But I remember just watching we watched Outcast at a festival in Belgium, and we had all the whole crew had taken some pills that some kid had given us, and we're just in that little there's that little turret or like the little like mote or whatever that you know, from the front of house to the stage, and we're all in there holding the railing like watching out Class play, like just so terrified and like so so high. Yeah, horrible.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Drug is whippets. I've probably done millions and millions and millions of whippets.
Speaker 2: I've never done whippets, but I have a lot of friends that have indulged in that. It's is it similar to like poppers?
Speaker 1: No, I think poppers is the poor man's whip poppers. VHS cleaner, like it is true huffing chemicals. Nitrous oxide is not only food grade, but the dentist gives it to you when they give you a dental procedure. They're not giving they're not giving you VHS cleaner. So I'm very Uh, I'm a whippid advocate.
Speaker 2: That's medical. I like that, that's medical stuff. I feel. We there was a while we knew this guy and uh, just speaking about interesting drugs. At this point. There was a guy named Bruno that used to take us around when we go down to Brazil, and he would still but we'd have been down in a long time, but he used to have this He never sat down. This guy, he's like a very you know, very fit bald man. Wore a nice little hat. He had this amulet he would always wear and he and we'd ask about it. He'd be like, you can look, but like no touching. And he was always kind of dancing like this. And he never sat down. He was always standing up. Even if we're driving. We would drive like four hours doing their city. He'd stand up in the in the you know, the van the whole time. But he had this, uh this it was like a little tin of like brown powder and he used to sprinkle a little bit like right there on his hand, and you know, it's like some kind of like brown cocaine. I was like, what the fun Bruno? What is that? It was apparently like the crushed up roots of like an ancient tree gets yell jacked up. It's some crazy.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. That guys sounds like the coolest guy.
Speaker 2: He's cool. He had a lot of good times and Bruno, he's a great guy. Montelvo that's his last name. Great guy.
Speaker 1: What more can we say? I mean, the craziest thing you've done is like acupuncture and you got to like, what do you gotta do like explode semen and your girlfriend or something.
Speaker 2: No semen allowed, where you explode the uterus? No semen allowed?
Speaker 1: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know? I said, like he you know, doctor Kim is like he speaks English, but he's he's Korean and he's like cell so it's kind of like you know I was, I said. When he said that, I was like like edging, and he went, Okay, you know, we didn't really meet in the middle on it, but he says a lot of crazy things. You know, yesterday he told me some cool ones where he was kind of like, he say, sandwich work, never sandwich while working. Never never sandwich time, work time. I was like, okay, I respect that. Do not eat when you work, make it separate, do not the other thing he says all the time. He says, I should become a CIA agent so I can get the license to kill. Then I can kill my boss. Because my boss is stressing me out. I don't think he realizes that I'm kind of like a you know, I kind of am the boss. But yes, insane. He's fully insane. And I lay there and I let him just shove me full of needles. Actually, one of the ones that he put in my arm yesterday, my hands kind of fucked up from it.
Speaker 1: So I think some of those needles are dirty. I did acupuncture a few times. I'm like, I feel like they're reusing some of these needles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 1: I don't like a few times gives me the fucking Hebrew gis a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The cupping has you have you ever done the blood cupping?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he like stabbed my foot three times and I was like, ah yeah, and then he sucked all this blood out and he's like, you have a fever in your liver, but don't worry. I'm sucking it up now. Okay, brutal, but you know, kind of cool. Interesting.
Speaker 1: I want to hang with this guy in Bruno.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bruno and doctor Cam That would be a wild.
Speaker 1: What a tour Brazil with both of them. I love it, Mac. What's left to be said?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks man, Thanks thanks. It's a new show and we're figuring it out as we go, and that's cool. You are a phenomenal guest, and you know I love you and I will be back in l A in a couple of weeks. And let's go to fucking Astroberger and crashing absolutely crash the windows, Belismo bellissimo, all right, buddy with Eric Andre Bombing with Eric Andres. Brought to you by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcast. Executive produced by Han Sani Olivia Aguilar, edited and sound designed by Andy Harris, and our art is by Dylan Vanderberg. If you want to confess to your own bombing moments, or give us a shout out. Go rate us five stars and drop a review on your podcast app a choice, write about your own stories of bombing at life and if you're on Apple Podcasts, you can also subscribe to Big Money Player's Diamond to get exclusive bonus content with every episode, and listen to all my episodes at free. The guests on Bombing with Eric Andre were recorded before the sac after strike. I'm innocent, I swear ay Bye