Speaker 1: I was born. It's the donkey of the day, Charlemagne Devil Breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Yes, donkey today for Thursday, February eighth, goes to the Breakfast Nubs or should I say breakfast Nub, which would just be mees Charlamagne to God. Jess told me I should do this because Monique is from Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that's her aunt, right, absolutely, and I'm a sweet baby.
Speaker 2: Yes. And if we don't have anything to do with this, Jess Laris has nothing to do with this because she just got here Monday, okay, together us three at the Breakfast club. But I am the breakfast Nub, all right. That's what Monique called us on a club Sha shay yesterday. Well called me on club sha shit yesterday when she was reminiscent over the time she received donkey today. Let's listen to her on club.
Speaker 3: We were able to do the special and we appreciated them, saying listen, how can we work this out? Now? You know what happens with that.
Speaker 1: People were having.
Speaker 3: Callings when I said this is not right. I was donky other day. Remember that I was donkey of the day. The Breakfast Nubs called me the donkey of the day. That's what they said. And they had a whole calling about how I was Donkey of the Day, but you didn't do the same thing when you found out was settled now all of a sudden, don't nobody know what the settlement is.
Speaker 2: It was really really quick. We just want to throw it away.
Speaker 3: So with that Netflix special, it was just it was just like, no, guys, I gotta stand up now.
Speaker 2: If you remember, Monique back in the day, like twenty eighteen, called for a boycotted Netflix, saying they low balled her. Monique said in an Instagram video that Netflix offered her a half a million dollars for a comedy special, and she pointed out Amy Schumer was off with eleven million, Dave Sheapell and Chris Rock twenty million. I gave her Donkey of the Day for that because it was in my opinion that Monique, you know, wasn't on the level of Dave, Amy and Chris. And she came on Breakfast Club and said this.
Speaker 3: And what happens is when you're basing off of what you're assuming and then you give me a title of Donkey the Day. Is your mother still alive, yes, ma'am? And You're from what city in South Carolina? Monst Corner, South Carolina, Monkst Corner. And if I was to call your mother or your grandmother, could they tell me stories of inequality that they had to deal with?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: So, would your mother be a donkey?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Would your grandmother be a donkey?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I need you to explain how you gave me the title, because you're not explaining it. You're going off of what I assume. But because you're on that microphone, and when we open up these microphones, we know just how powerful our voices can be, don't we, Angelou, Yes, we do, and we know that what we say can become law, correct Lenard, Absolutely, so when we do that, we must then explain it to our community because we know how poisonous it can be when we put things out, but we can't back it up.
Speaker 1: We just say it. You's right.
Speaker 2: Netflix ultimately ended up taking back their offer, and then in twenty nineteen, Monique suit Netflix for failing to negotiate in good faith. The federal judging the case sided with Monique, and in twenty twenty two, the lawsuit was settled out of court, dropping the clues bombs for Monique Okay, here's the thing. I've said this before, and I've said it a few times.
Speaker 1: On this radio.
Speaker 2: When it comes to that point, Monique was right. I should have minded my black owned business, Okay, And she's right when she speaks on the power of the microphone, because people from Netflix were definitely reaching out to me behind the scenes and they tried to explain why Monique didn't get the money that Amy, Dave and Chris got. Doesn't matter what the conversation consisted of. Just know, as I just said, Monique sued them and they settled. So they're clearly with some validity to the injustice that she spoke of. Monique, you were right. Okay. I've said that before in this radio and I'll say it again so you hear me. I had no business speaking on your business. Okay. There's absolutely a paid discrepancy for black women. Black women are typically paid only sixty seven cents for every dollar paid to white men, and the wage gap actually widens the sixty five cents on the dollar for black women who hold doctor degrees compared to white men with the same education. Okay, not to mention all the proof is in the putting. When you see a company as big as Netflix. With all the money Netflix has, they could have dragged this out. Okay, they settled with Monique, Okay, and still put out a Monique comedy specially all right, we've heard Taraji come out and complain about the pay discrepancy in Hollywood. Look, we can have a million conversations as to why that is, what that is. The moral of the story is there's too many black women out here with the same story. Okay, Monique, God bless you, sister. And if you have never heard me say this before, or if I've never said it, because I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight and my memory is not what it used to be. I apologize for being wrong. Okay, A man shut.
Speaker 1: Up to go in?
Speaker 2: Could y'all stop?
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I apologize Monique for giving you donkey of today because, once again, regardless of how I felt about the situation when you in Netflix, I had no business in your business and broadcasting your business, And it was Envy's idea to open the phone lines for people to comment on your business wasn't mine. Okay, But I truly you're going to know where you gonna apologize.
Speaker 4: I apologize Monique. Okay, and I think you shul apologize to a husband as well.
Speaker 2: What you got to do with this?
Speaker 1: Both of them.
Speaker 4: Both of them was doing this and both of them felt disrespected. That's her manager. He was outside. You should apologize.
Speaker 2: He's always around, that's the thing. He's always him.
Speaker 4: Even though he called. He apologized that husband too well.
Speaker 2: Apologize to her husband. I apologize their husband Sidney Sidney right, that's his name. Yes, I truly, truly, truly pray this apology is received by you, Monique, and I hope you heal because I feel like when I hear somebody talking about something for a long period of time, that means they have been holding on to it and it's bothering them in some way. And as a therapist once told me, if you don't want your piece to serve, don't disturb the piece of others. I clearly disturbed your piece. I heard Donkey of to Day mentioned in the intro to your Netflix special. I heard you talk about Donkey to Day on Club shay Sha. Monique, I apologize. I want peace. I want us to heal whatever this is. I want that for everybody you mentioned in the Club Shashay interview. I truly pray for peace and healing for us all Monique.
Speaker 1: I want that for you.
Speaker 2: I want that for me because I love us for real. Please give all to God. He ate the breakfast, the breakfast nub, the biggest he hall.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: You're doing what's right, sitting over there looking like I want to be as bolking wobind.
Speaker 2: I just knew you had something to say. Yeah, I just I'm gonna keep on saying.
Speaker 1: You look like J Paul Nubb.
Speaker 2: That's what you looked like.
Speaker 3: And he is look a little better, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like my damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that scene.
Speaker 4: Let me get one of those.
Speaker 1: Fresh cap head.
Speaker 2: Look good. Let's open the phone now. You want to open up the phone line. Well, it was your idea to open up the phone lines for something negative before.
Speaker 4: I just said, okay, phone line.
Speaker 2: Come out to bushes.
Speaker 1: Right, you got that right, listen. But that is what happened though.
Speaker 2: We just opened the phone line and we asked people what they think. It's the same thing. Now, let's open up the phone lines and ask people what they thought. Okay, how about Charlemagne the breakfast snub? All right? In the Mornique situation. Now it's five years later, right, it's that's six years later, actually eight.
Speaker 4: Hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Let's open up the phone lines. Yes, let's have a conversation. Yes, charlamnearoe ar mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell you got going on in your head.
Speaker 4: Not your charl mine, just.
Speaker 1: Leonard.
Speaker 4: Just apologize some money and big Daddy in Sydney. So's up the phone lines and have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Daddy, that's never happened.
Speaker 2: You should just said I apologize to Big Mo Big Day. Nothing up there.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Clogan Board.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull. Lamb is soft.
Speaker 1: Don't be a donkey.
Speaker 2: When you need a fighter on your side.
Speaker 1: If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the Haunch. Wake that ass up. It was in the morning of Breakfast Club