Speaker 1: Low.
Speaker 2: We're almost to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning, and it's never too early to celebrate. Are so in preparation, we obviously have to do the most romantic segment in all of radio.
Speaker 2: Blind Love is.
Speaker 3: Just like a Craigslist ad helped to create a romantic connection between two total strangers.
Speaker 4: I like, that's the analogy we're going for here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Let's as close as we can come to true love. And we've got a couple of listeners on the line right now who've requested second date updates from us before, and it was a situation where their person didn't answer or it wasn't going to work, so we gave them this option instead, and they both agreed to give it.
Speaker 4: A try, right last resort, Let's go.
Speaker 3: Their names are Sophia and Patrick. They've never met before. They cannot see each other obviously because it's radio, and they're going to be introduced for the very first time right here to chat and see if they have a natural Valentine's Day style love connection.
Speaker 4: Have no pressure anything, and.
Speaker 3: Remember there is no pressure on us. We need to stay quiet. That's gonna be the hard part. While they talk to each other and afterwards we can come back on to discuss to find out if truly blind love is just so hard because we get to ask questions and help and do so much during other segments and this one, like we laughed, like chemistry, do we.
Speaker 2: Really help during the other segments? I think we do the.
Speaker 4: Opposite sea talk a lot, but that does that's not helping hurt.
Speaker 3: So we're just gonna let them talk. And since we're pretty close to Valentine's Day here, we're hoping their conversation has something to do with the holiday. That's what we encouraged. But let's go ahead and punch them up. And Patrick, why don't you go ahead say hi to Sophia.
Speaker 2: We're gonna step away.
Speaker 6: I'm Patrick, as you know, to meet you.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 5: Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing all right? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing it out. I'm a little nervous, but excited.
Speaker 6: Me too, Me too?
Speaker 8: Okay, So I got a couple of questions that I want to ask you, Okay with them?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 8: So the first one is I want to know what your typical weekend is like, like on a lazy Sunday, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you watch Netflix?
Speaker 6: All day?
Speaker 8: Do you go to the museum or like, would you cuddle with what would you do together on a lazy Sunday?
Speaker 6: Uh? Kind of kind of funny you mentioned museums and cuddling. Actually, I actually got kicked out of a museum for cuddling in there. Wait, what.
Speaker 5: Explain?
Speaker 9: How do you get.
Speaker 6: They took an issue with the PDA? You know, I might have taken it a bit far, Okay, and I was drinking too, So.
Speaker 2: It happens at museums a lot.
Speaker 6: So I mean, we just come out of a cocktail lunch date.
Speaker 8: So it sounds like you're at least kind of adventurous.
Speaker 7: So that's that's.
Speaker 6: A good thing I try to be. I try to be. So, speaking of weekends, what romantic activities do you like?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought a little things, But recently I've actually got really into baking bread, like soda bread sour dolo, threeouse rolls, multi grain breads, all bread. I've been like obsessed with that lately. So that's something I do on the weekends.
Speaker 8: And I wouldn't mind, you know, doing that with somebody else.
Speaker 6: That sounds really cool. Actually, I think it was months ago I actually tried baking some bread on my own. It was a it was a peanut butter bread. You'll never guess the secret ingredient. It was apple sauce.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've never heard of.
Speaker 6: That, but surprisingly good.
Speaker 5: I'll take your work for it.
Speaker 8: I mean, maybe I'll have to try it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could. We could try it together.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 3: By the way, if any listeners are tuning in, just now, we're in the middle of Blind Love is where Patrick and Sophia are meeting for the very first time on our radio show, seeing if they have a natural love connection in the build up to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: In case people thought it was a recipe swap, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear anyway, pretend like we're not here. We're stepping back away, keep going.
Speaker 6: Patrick, looking back. What's the best Valentine's Day gift you've ever gotten? Huh? Okay?
Speaker 8: Well, one year ago, my ex arranged this helicopter ride over Las Vegas. Yeah, stop site, landing at sunset. He had a private limo waiting for us. Drove us to that French restaurant that's inside the top of the Eiffel Tower looking over the strip, and when we got back to the hotel room, there were rose tuttles on the flo or spelling out my name in a cursive letters.
Speaker 6: Wow, that is expensive question.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, but you know, you spend money and do things for the people you know you're with and love, So I mean, what would you do for me?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm I'm more for the emotional connection rather than the rather than the big displays of uh money. So do you like Billy?
Speaker 9: What did you just say?
Speaker 6: Chili? You know, the the restaurant?
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes, yeah, I've been there before. It's it's all right.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, things like that get busy. I have a I have a friend who works there. She'd probably hook us up at the table. Do you mean like, like.
Speaker 5: To take me on a date for Valentine's Day? Because I don't know.
Speaker 8: Whenever I've gone in there, it's like not very busy.
Speaker 6: I've been told that dinner rush gets quite busy. If you've never tried their Texas Cheese Paupers, you're missing out. They are insane. All right?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, speaking of hot food, we're gonna step in on this hot conversation really quick. Let's let's pot Sophia and Patrick down for a second and discuss did Cupid just.
Speaker 2: Fly into the studio right now or was that just me.
Speaker 4: Les one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, was he joking, like you can't go from a helicopter ride to Chili's.
Speaker 2: I liked what he said.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really sincere that he doesn't go for the flashy money spending trying to win someone over.
Speaker 4: There's no thought to that, Jeffrey. There's no like, if you're gonna go emotional, you do something sweet still that doesn't cost money. Write a song, make her some poetry.
Speaker 2: You don't know what he's prepared for her at that she least dinner table an onion in the shape of a heart.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: Kind of harsh to judge him without actually.
Speaker 4: Dating, that's true. I can guarantee that was not the response he wanted to hear from her when he asked the most romantic Valentine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her ex really went all out Yeah romantic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he probably sucks romantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to make sure to ask her for that guy's number, So yeah, from him. You know, our job here is to decide if there was a connection, a true Valentine style of connection between Sophia and Patrick.
Speaker 4: To let him keep talking or not, because yeah, we have.
Speaker 3: A second segment we could do with them, or we might move on to another couple that might have a stronger connection.
Speaker 4: I think he was more excited about the ex than she was. I'm going to go with no, no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I like them both, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Not together.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, not a lot of support in the room. Shockingly, they have my vote, do they Yeah?
Speaker 8: You like them?
Speaker 3: Now, you have to remember this is hard to establish connection in just a couple minutes.
Speaker 2: Live on the ratio in front of all of us and all the listeners.
Speaker 3: I feel like they deserve a little extra time to get to know each other, maybe ask a.
Speaker 2: Few more questions.
Speaker 3: So text in seventy five to nine to two if you want to hear more. We're going to come back and continue more. Blind Love is Valentine's Day Future edition right after this. If you're just tuning in, we're in the middle of Blind Love is Valentine's Edition with our listeners Patrick and Sophia, who just met on our show for.
Speaker 2: The very first time, and.
Speaker 3: After part one, we asked for feedback on the textboards seventy five to nine to two about what they thought about them as a couple.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 3: Virtual tie, was it really? Fifty percent said no, move on. Fifty percent said, come on, haters, give love a chance, or at least give it more than just three minutes of talking on the radio. Maybe they could find a Valentine style connection that way.
Speaker 4: Usually four and a half will do it.
Speaker 3: That's the bare minimum, because look, they're both good people that.
Speaker 2: They're on the phone right now.
Speaker 3: Are you really gonna say our listeners aren't good people?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm gonna believe that our listeners are good.
Speaker 2: I don't know what, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna get scammed out of money, believe.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say they don't deserve to be alone on Valentine's Day coming up. So let's try and keep an open mind or whatever other body part Brook you want to keep open her love and off the air, we.
Speaker 2: Spoke to Sophia.
Speaker 3: We told her that it was about fifty to fifty on the text board. Yeah, and asked are you willing to keep going with Patrick? And she said yes, because she's not a cynic like some people in the years, So let's continue.
Speaker 2: That's all the matters. If she wants to keep talking exactly, it's her choice. So we're going with more.
Speaker 3: Blind love is Valentine's style. If you don't ship them, they're gonna be alone on Cupid's birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, again, no be no pressure situation.
Speaker 2: Exactly here we go.
Speaker 3: We are all stepping away one more time, Sophia, I think you're a good person no matter what Brooks says, let's continue. Go ahead, keep the conversation going.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be quiet.
Speaker 9: Okay, you ready for the tatriick. Okay, So my next question.
Speaker 5: Would be, say we do hit it off and we become exclusive, who do you think would say I love you first?
Speaker 6: I love you? I mean I'm always the kind of guy that's always want its heart on its sleeves. Like Wow, Okay, I mean that's bold.
Speaker 9: I guess I'll give you credit for you know, being emotionally available.
Speaker 6: Jeez. I am an open book, all right.
Speaker 7: Good to know, very.
Speaker 6: Good to know. And I have a question for you if you don't mind, of course, if you could use three words, and only three to describe your most romantic kiss, Oh, what would they be?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 9: Okay, indeed, I guess I would have to say thof su all and puffy, puppy puffy.
Speaker 5: Let me make say, because I actually just recently bumped my lip on my shower door, so my lip's a little puppy at the moment.
Speaker 6: With that.
Speaker 3: If you're just tuning in to listen, we're in the middle of Blind Love is Valentine's Edition, Part two with Sophia and Patrick who are trying to figure out if they have a love connection right here on our show.
Speaker 2: I know it's getting really hot anyway, keep going, you guys.
Speaker 6: I certainly wasn't expecting the word puffy, but you know I like the first two.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just.
Speaker 9: Trying to be honest. You know, I'm not always going to be perfect, so sometimes you might have puffy lips that you gotta kiss. You know, you gotta accept to get in the band.
Speaker 1: I liked some puff well good, Okay, So my next question is, if we were on the drive to our Valentine's Day date, wherever it may be, Chili's or whatnot.
Speaker 8: What romantic song would you be playing in the car?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a tough one, but I'm a sucker for some classics, and if you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a joker. No, I would go with Rick Astley is never gonna give you up, but you're gonna rick roll me. It's a great song. I swear like it's It's used a lot, but it's huh. You sit down and listen. It's good.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I want you to sing the chorus for me right now, right now, right now, I want to hear it.
Speaker 6: I'm allowed to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're allowed to.
Speaker 2: We officially sign off on the Rick Asley impersonation.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye. I'm gonna tell a lie and hurt you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: You like it, Sophia, Well, I'm a little disappointed you didn't add my name in there somewhere, but sounded good.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 6: I'll be sure to find a way to do that on the ride.
Speaker 3: All right, It's at this point we're gonna step back into the conversation here, and I mean, in part two, you gotta admit I feel the connection happened even stronger.
Speaker 4: Jeff, you were right. I didn't want to give them another chance, but I think that there's something there.
Speaker 3: I thought the secret ingredient that every couple needs to heal a relationship is a little Rick Astley.
Speaker 2: So with that being.
Speaker 3: Said Sophia, Patrick, we would like to offer to send you guys out on your first official in person date.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is it going to be on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we have a Chili's gift card, so maybe if you could play with that connection, Patrick, get that reservation on the books, we would pay for that date.
Speaker 6: I'm up for it. Sophia, what do you think? How about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Why did her voice get highed?
Speaker 3: She said that we are the successful blind love is Congratulations Patrick and Sophia.
Speaker 5: I hope my puffy lip goes down by that and that I'll fall.
Speaker 6: I hope it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, who knows what happens to your lips after those Texas cheese.
Speaker 2: Poppers go near them.
Speaker 3: But make sure keep us updated you to congratulations.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning
Speaker 7: Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.