Speaker 1: Rest club, breakfast clubs, very very very very changing the entire scene culture. Well, y'all, it came a long wait.
Speaker 2: They might not watch the news, but you know they're listening to the.
Speaker 3: Back brother.
Speaker 4: DJ Mvy just hilarious and Charlamagne the guy, y'all all like aninga for the club.
Speaker 1: That's how we got.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: You would say, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Just hello, yas good morning, Charlamagne the cap piece to the plane in this dour day.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's Thursday, the weekend, it's almost hill, Yes, it is good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: How y'all y'all, I feel good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: And blessed Black and Holly favored good good listen.
Speaker 7: Only thing about these nails, right, this is the button up shirt.
Speaker 1: But I was struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, LI said button it up from me. I ran across the street shurtle. But I was like, shoot, this is crazy. Yeah, I mean nobody.
Speaker 1: Out there right now, everybody New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I had I had my coat on, but yeah, that's the only disadvantage about these nails is buttons, little buttons.
Speaker 1: Well, Mel Robins said.
Speaker 6: Mel Robins said, you're actually a genius because people that use their nails comprehend better and taking information better helps them to understand better people that use their nails when they read.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you mail, Yes, thank you, that's true. That's what I've been saying all this time.
Speaker 1: I knew that. I knew that.
Speaker 6: Well, this morning, little Brother will be Jordan us Man, the legendary Little Brother from North Carolina. Well, no poos from Virginia, Virginia pools from Virginia. Yeah, but they have.
Speaker 5: A documentary out called I forgot the name of that. May the Lord watched the Little Brother store.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: I knew it somewhere God God watching over, I said, they are watching God something like that.
Speaker 1: What it's on YouTube right now. So they'll be here to talk about it this morning. That's right.
Speaker 8: So we'll chop it up with them a little bit and let's get the show cracking.
Speaker 5: When we come back. We have teslaing figure, we have front page news. Don't move jess Larius's head. This is what your fourth day and you're feeling good.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's my fourth day I'm feeling good, I'm looking good and everything.
Speaker 5: That's the breakfast logan boarding puding everybody. It's DJ, N V Jess, Hilarius, Charlomagne, the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's getting some front page news.
Speaker 3: Morning tis good morning, DJ and V Jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlemage started with some quick sports. Now, Carrie every was in Brooklyn last night. I believe they were playing the nets, and I guess he was going back and forth with some court side fans and he said the reason he left the Brooklyn Nets, He said it was because the New York vaccine requirement. So he said, just say thank Mayor Adams for that, or I would still be in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Damn Mayor Eric Adam getting the blame for everything.
Speaker 5: Everything right, everything right now, all right, well, let's put up Tess. Let's jump right into it. Were talking immigration.
Speaker 3: Yes, once again, this is going to continue to be a hot topic. Yesterday they voted, they officially voted against the border spending bill. Now that been a border bill also included funding for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan uh. And again the immigration package that they just keep debating over and cannot find some type of consensus. I want you to take a listen quickly to what's happening with the bill. We'll come back with more information.
Speaker 9: A procedure will vote on a long negotiated border security in a foreign A package has failed in the Senate.
Speaker 10: Yes, very interesting because this was a bipartisan agreement.
Speaker 11: But now the upper chamber.
Speaker 12: Is expected to hold a second boat that will consider only a.
Speaker 3: Narrower version of the legislation.
Speaker 9: Senators will consider a measure that excludes immigration enforcement provisions the border security part of the bill.
Speaker 3: A growing number of Republicans have expressed opposition to.
Speaker 7: The deal in recent days.
Speaker 3: Now, the one hundred and eighteen billion dollar packaged included sixty billion for Ukraine, fourteen billion for Israel, and a to Taiwan for the humanitary assistance to Gaza in twenty billion, and measures to tackle the border crisis. And that's where the divide keeps me in how much goes overseas, how much it goes here, and what do you do with that money with the border crisis here. So at the core of it, it is about remember we talked about this a little bit yesterday on the migrant the title forty two. You know, Republicans are saying that, whether you believe it or not, they're saying that they do not want the provisions of the five thousand a day of migrants that are allowed to come over. They want narrow, they want narrow provisions on how to seek asylum, and so they just want something a little bit more tighter. Now to your point yesterday, Charlomagne, you mentioned they will be against it either way. But this is, you know, what they're saying they have a problem with.
Speaker 6: How do you justify that when people in America are over here starving, when people are over here homeless, how do you expect Americans not to feel away about seeing all of that money getting spent overseas?
Speaker 1: Are you playing in people's faces?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 8: Not even that think about it like this.
Speaker 5: They're spending what hundreds of millions of dollars for border control? It ain't no control. So what are we spending this money on? We spend you talking about what they said. I'm looking right now four hundred ninety six million dollars to fund twenty two thousand bord agents last year and there is no control, Like we're spending this money and people are still crossing the border.
Speaker 6: And then you will read a story about America being and that people wonder why you can't get a student loans? Like I said, you see all of these homeless people in the street. You know, the public servants are underpaid, but they got all this money to send overseas. And your wonder why Americans are pissed off? Your wonder why America First messaging is working?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, and speaking of that, they will be voting today on since they couldn't come to some type of agreement on packaging and together the fund, the foreign spending and the border, today they'll be voting on a standalone bill on more money going overseas. So we'll see how that vote turns out. And again, want to come kind of go back with some other information. Republicans are also saying the reason why they did not support this bill is because of it increased the number of green cards, extra funding for cities receiving migrants, such as you know New York, Chicago, and then SI fifty million for the border while funding and four hundred and fifty million for countries to take back the recesstle of illegal immigrants. So there's just a lot going on. I want you to listen quickly to what Arizona Christian Simona had to say. She's an independent. Remember she was a Democrat before, but now she's an independent. Take a listen.
Speaker 13: So, if you want to spend the border crisis for your own political agendas, go right ahead. If you want to continue to use the southern border as a backdrop for your political campaign, that's fine, good luck to you. But I have a very clear message for anyone using the Southern border for staged political events. Don't come to Arizona. Take your political theater to Texas. Do not bring it to my state, because in Arizona we're serious. We don't have time for your political games. We are not interested in you posing for the cameras. In Arizona, we are busy.
Speaker 6: That sounds good, But all of y'all using the border for political purposes, all of y'all playing with the border for political purposes parties are trash.
Speaker 3: Especially Christian Center. Don't you think it's interested in the Christian centermat of all people can remember. But she stopped plenty what hire and Joe Manchin, So I thought that was interesting. I want you to take and listen to the other side that I want you to hear what Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott said why he did not join in on this deal. Take a listen, We're so simple.
Speaker 1: What we wanted was a border bill.
Speaker 14: We got an immigration bill, and then Chris Murphy, the Senator of the Negotia and the difficult side, put out immediately after the bill, the text came out the border will never be closed.
Speaker 15: Wait a minute, that's how That's what we wanted, the opposite.
Speaker 1: So it was a bill that we couldn't support.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately, they didn't get cloture today. So now Schumer is going to try to do another bill that would just eliminate that. So so what he wants to do is he wants to provide security money for Ukraine to secure their border, but not help.
Speaker 1: Us secure our border. I mean, I just think it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Now let me name the names, because they're not named. It just quickly on the Republicans who voted for the bill. So these are the Republicans that said, yes, we want to move forward. All Republicans voted against it. Accept these for James Landfork out of Oklahoma, he's the one that created the bill. Susan Collins from Maine, Lisa mckirsky from Alaska, and Mitt Romney from Utah. But another point on the Charles maagey people are kind of skipping over is five Democrats joined Republicans in voting no. So these are the five Democrats that said no to the Border Crisis bill. Senator Elizabeth Warren at of Massachusetts, Ed Marquee from Massachusetts, Senator Alice Padilla from California, Bob Menendez from New York, and Chuck Schumer from New York as well.
Speaker 1: BERNIEY.
Speaker 3: Sanders is against this as well, but he did not vote no. I thought he would vote no, but he was not on the list for voting no. But he said he will be damned. This is quote, He'll be damned. He'll if he will give another nickel to the Israeli government in order to continue to fund the war against Palestine people. So I'm going to see where Senator BERNIEY. Sanders is going to stand on that today, because they will be voting for foreign a two days when y'all gonna get.
Speaker 6: Some of them nickels to the American people. Man, Democrats are trash. Republic As the trash y'all all in this together. I don't care about none of your politics. I care about people. Where is the paper for the people? That's who will always get my vote? Whoever provided the paper for the people of America? Where is the paper for the people?
Speaker 3: All right, it's a good campaign paper for people, but of America.
Speaker 6: You gotta be clear about that. Though they got people for everybody else, we're not Americans.
Speaker 5: It seems like, all right, well, thank you, teds what we're talking about next hour you're coming up.
Speaker 3: Federal Appills Court said that Donald Trump does not have immunity from his participation in twenty twenty election. And if you have a lot of credit card debt, we have hit some historic numbers. You're not alone. I'm going to tell you why.
Speaker 5: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Oho.
Speaker 16: This for this grind man treating blesses man, I mean.
Speaker 17: No man man.
Speaker 18: I was stuck in the elevator for a whole hour, man, and then need to me doing it.
Speaker 16: Man, needed to really wake up earlier, man, because I felt like my life was over.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 18: I made so much promises to guard and.
Speaker 19: My mother.
Speaker 18: Man like, oh, what's just so my worst enemy? Man, no windows escape. I'm thinking about Bruce Willis.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking.
Speaker 18: I'm pressing the buttons, I'm kicking, I'm trying to punch codes, I'm doing everything. I'm like, you know what, let me think, YO ain't gonna up. I had a little reception, but not too much.
Speaker 17: I was playing.
Speaker 18: I was playing marb sad. Never would have made it.
Speaker 1: Where were you?
Speaker 18: The only reason I got out? The only reason why I got out because the spam's dude. He kept pressing the button downstairs, and he kept kicking the door, and then all of a sudden opened but it was the half of the floor. Then it popped up, and then I got out.
Speaker 20: And I just tell everybody right now, Man.
Speaker 18: I don't know about the elevator.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's a lawsuit, but I wouldn't wish that all my words enemy, because I got a daughter who has a very unhealthy fear of elevators, and.
Speaker 18: She won wasn't one of the tartoons moves. Man thought if that was the story.
Speaker 7: But anyway, and.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn Bronx and Brooklyn you know, you know, everything broken in the Bronx. Damn have a blessed day. I'm glad that you got out of that situation.
Speaker 6: Absolutely'm telling you my my eight year old is definitely afraid of elevators. I don't know what she watched that she saw somebody get stuck on the elevator, but Lord have mercy.
Speaker 1: She did not like elevators at all, in no way shape before. Hello.
Speaker 16: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 20: This is Chrystals from South Florida.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, still get it off your chest?
Speaker 20: Yes, I was up.
Speaker 16: Earli this morning.
Speaker 21: Tell you guys, sirs. So my nephew friends for film Cookman College, and he's told me the taken African American stuff and they have a white pens. She just gave them a group poset to do called escape from the Plantation, and she.
Speaker 19: Wants them to pretend to be a slave, and she wants them to not know how to swim, not know how to read and write, and how they.
Speaker 21: Were maneuver trying to escape.
Speaker 16: Like the underground railroads.
Speaker 21: She wants them to be like, oh, one of you try to be a slave and try to escape and get your foot cut off, and another one of you, I want you to be like a mom with a whole bunch of kids that's like a literate and I want one of you guys to be a houseworker.
Speaker 6: Tell you know, you tell your son, Tell your son to tell the teacher that he want to be Nat Turner. Okay, and they want they want to do a slave rebellion starting with her right then and there, Jesus, Okay.
Speaker 21: They some of the kids in his class, like I guess, they're green behind the ears, so they're like, oh my god, this sounds so cool. But with him, he's like, it doesn't sit right.
Speaker 20: And I'm like, what do y'all want to do about it?
Speaker 21: Because personally me, I'm born in the eighties. I'm born in the eighties.
Speaker 16: I definitely would have went to the d N about that.
Speaker 1: How old is he?
Speaker 21: Yeah he is eighteen.
Speaker 1: He's in college. Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh that she said no lead for school.
Speaker 21: Yeah you know, he's in college. He's at a Thune Cookman College.
Speaker 6: Nat turn a slave rebellion, Okay, eighteen thirty one, that's what we need to take it back to. Okay, Stone Old Rebellion, Charleston, South Carolina, seventeen thirty nine.
Speaker 1: That's what we need to take it back to. Okay. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to ben, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's away.
Speaker 5: Is your time to get it off your chest way, whether you're man or.
Speaker 3: Blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 20: It's this money? How you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 20: First one to congratulate jazz working.
Speaker 18: Thing I need to know, Jess, did you get your candles from molt Candle Company?
Speaker 7: I did not get my candles at all.
Speaker 20: Charlemagne to god, dj envy, what happened to the candle.
Speaker 1: From mo lit Candle?
Speaker 4: Yup?
Speaker 1: I didn't need see right now.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 20: It's been a while. Now, it's definitely been a while.
Speaker 8: It's over there with Charlamin got he got over there with this stuff. He looking through the stuff.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 20: I just said, yup, it should be in a brown box and it says just hilarious on it.
Speaker 16: Man, we just.
Speaker 8: Like whatever cando we get.
Speaker 5: We don't necessarily be checking who got the brown box that says just hilarious.
Speaker 8: On I think we might have let that one. It smelled good though.
Speaker 20: Don't worry, Jazz, I'll sing you some more since you're prominently there now.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, and I will get it this time.
Speaker 1: Shout out your company though.
Speaker 3: Mo Lit Candle Company on shop of pine one candles.
Speaker 1: You're smoking this morning, that's what you what you're hitting on.
Speaker 20: I wish I got a call. I just, I just I just came to Main from Texas.
Speaker 16: So the weather is yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Look?
Speaker 16: Look I want to say this some man. If that man wanted to close that border, that border with a big clothes, you know he he where Joe Biden took office. He's overturned every policy Donald Trump had on that border, every everything Trump like, he disliked it. That's why you we done lost four emphasis. We got the world on fire and the micros bien come over here for three years getting free devil cars, motel rolls and everything, and the black man over here sleeping under the bridges with US soldiers. And we've been voting for these dimmer press those fifty years. If we ain't got nobody but the micros got from So who sided you really on?
Speaker 1: That's what get it off your chances for my brother.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm just saying, you know, you know, pass you know, and they keep coming up Republicans, this Republicans that it's not that it's it's Joe Biben. We got a dementia president in there. Nobody really don't know who's running the country and and everything the black man been crying for for past fifty years to migrats come over here and get it. In three we still run a troll. You know, our kids graduate from school, don't have a fifth grade rereading level or man, you know, they don't want private schools, you know, you know, and and now they just treat us like those like it abused, like an abuse or something, you know, because they know we're gonna come back to many with they can't get my vote, they can't get it. This country is going to hell and the hit the whole world burning up. Charlamagne the whole the whole world. You don't have none just going on with Trump's president. Anybody stay said?
Speaker 6: Was they line, I'm gonna be honest with your Trump trash too, though, bro, Republicans and trash, Democrats and trash.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like I feel like they all.
Speaker 16: I'm not saying. I'm not saying they trash, but you know what, I really we to be trashed and stay up my, stay up my. You know you're not gonna wearing my boat den or use the scale type. The only things nobody can say is couper thread. Okay. You don't want telling us that we can't have our dast You don't want to tell us that we got to pull up. You don't want you don't want to tell us that we can't have our light bulbs more. You don't want something like.
Speaker 1: You can't have gas oven light bumbs.
Speaker 16: That that's that's why you gotta get passed to be more just whatever report Yeah that's joe.
Speaker 1: Body.
Speaker 16: You know what tells that we don't want telling us that that that we gotta get rid of. We gotta get get rid of this washing they want.
Speaker 1: Now that's funny.
Speaker 6: Now I don't think any of this is put my foot down now, I don't think any of this is true.
Speaker 1: But god damn, that's funny.
Speaker 5: You said, Joe Biden want to get rid of gas thoves, dis washings and what else?
Speaker 1: Light bumbs.
Speaker 16: You gotta get l E B L like bulls, that light bulgs, cause they're.
Speaker 5: Like now, sir, admistration to rule the sort, to make dishwashers and laundry machines more efficient.
Speaker 1: Ain't say get rid of them?
Speaker 16: And you work on house right, Yes, you know what wanted to make like ten years ago, nothing this once coming about. It takes it takes twice five just to go through one cycle. And it's just stood on. Be clean, you know, I mean, you know, just like you tell the politicians to stay at the women's bedroom.
Speaker 18: Stay at my house.
Speaker 16: Let me have this, you know, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say it one more thing. I'm gonna let it go. Everything, everything, a little wreck everything. The right Democrats he saying, like they call a boss of reproductive health. What are you reproducing? Nothing?
Speaker 6: He doesn't want to get some light bulls? You do want to get rid of the other man. Ain'tlying, man, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what my light. I don't know where you'll get all information from.
Speaker 6: I just thing I agree with is that I understand how he is upset that he sees all of this money going to other places and people in America are starving at home.
Speaker 1: All everything else, I can't don't. I don't know nothing about.
Speaker 5: It, says it says, Uh, the Biden administration put the final nail in the coffin for it was Incan descent light bulbs.
Speaker 1: What coind of light bolts? Of those?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, but yeah, so he's right. He want to get rid of some of the light bulbs. He wants washing to be more shut up man.
Speaker 1: Defin what he says, you got fact checks.
Speaker 7: You gotta figure I see him says you got fact check him.
Speaker 1: That's right, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. We got just with the best coming up.
Speaker 3: Yes we do. We're talking about Monique on Club sh Shy on Club Chase Shine smoke aie.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: All right morning, Everybody's Steve j M v Jess hilarious charlamage to god, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Let's get to Jess the messes real.
Speaker 7: Robber lord that's don't do.
Speaker 1: Is gonna bring numbers list the breakfast club spot.
Speaker 3: Monique on Club Schae. So as we all know, Monique sat down with Shannon shop on Club Club. Let's let's let's give him a big shout out because that couch man.
Speaker 1: Club is smoking twenty twenty four pomp.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As soon as you said Monique's name, he started lighting it. Say I know, I say him and then maybe he should. Okay, I'm lighting just because okay, you need to go sit on Channing's couch and thought best for no reason.
Speaker 1: Pause.
Speaker 3: Look, the interview was two hours and fifty five minutes. These comedians be having a lot to say, and I think it's interesting. The first thing I noticed that she she called out the Breakfast club before I got here, and we have audio.
Speaker 1: What does she say? What she said?
Speaker 2: We were able to do the special and we appreciated them, saying listen, how can we work this out?
Speaker 7: Now you know what happens with that? People were having callings.
Speaker 2: When I said this is not right. I was donky the other day. Remember that I was donkey of the day. The Breakfast Nubs called me the donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: That's what they said.
Speaker 3: And they had a whole calling about how I was donkey.
Speaker 8: Of the day.
Speaker 7: But you didn't do the same thing when you found out was settled.
Speaker 1: Now all of a sudden, do nobody know what the settlement is?
Speaker 7: It was really really quick. We just want to throw it away. So with that Netflix special, it was just it was just like, no, guys, I gotta I gotta stand up.
Speaker 1: That is not We gave Monique Big Love one in Netflix.
Speaker 6: Absolute and I said, you know what, that's why I need to mind my damn business when it comes to other people's business.
Speaker 7: So you did say that, yes, okay, because I just wanted to because I wasn't here.
Speaker 1: No I got part of the breakfast Nub.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not a breakfast nub.
Speaker 1: No, hey, we need that image and tailor. Get that. You already know what to do.
Speaker 3: And then Monique ondly obviously we know that they had some static before, but we also have audio.
Speaker 7: She also talked about him as well.
Speaker 1: I do DL's radio show. Yes, d L.
Speaker 2: Hugley is not there, his team is there, and Shannon we having a great time when we get to the end of the show, they said, you want to play a game.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to play I said, shure a shugar.
Speaker 2: And it's a game called would you Rather? Okay, they said, monic, we want to play a game.
Speaker 1: Of would you rather?
Speaker 2: Would you rather your husband sleep with Lee Daniels with a condom or Karen Stephens without one?
Speaker 7: So I said, I'm gonna call my brother.
Speaker 20: I call D L.
Speaker 7: Hughley on the phone.
Speaker 1: I say, hey, baby, yeah huh.
Speaker 2: That's how he responds. I said, listen, I just got off the phone with your team and they wanted to play this game.
Speaker 1: Would you rather?
Speaker 2: Ask me about my husband and Lee Daniels and Karen Stephens and his exact words, Well.
Speaker 1: That's how we do it. That's a great would you rather? Though?
Speaker 6: If you are into the coach and you know about certain things, would you rather have sex with Lee Daniels without a condum? You think that's of her that you really did you rather? With your ball head will say that's that's a good would you rather?
Speaker 22: That's what.
Speaker 1: Would rather?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: Would you? Would you rather have sex with Lee Daniels out of condom? I have sex with you? Would you have to have sex with Lee Daniels with a condom or that one was good? Would you rather?
Speaker 3: What would you rather do?
Speaker 1: Neither?
Speaker 7: All right, So if somebody asked your wife that what would what would she say?
Speaker 1: She would say neither? She you we know exactly. I'm just thinking about the game. Would you rather? It's a good games, a good question for the game.
Speaker 3: But what are you getting at? That's her thing? Like, what what are we getting at?
Speaker 1: Understand? What is understand? What Monique feeling? I'm just saying that's a good would you rather?
Speaker 3: Are were calling out Lee Daniel's sexuality? Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So she didn't like that, but it was you need to be called out. He's out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big big people.
Speaker 3: Business like you. I didn't want to like I know, I ain't saying him in a minute.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know I ain't say better way?
Speaker 3: But dad, all right, that's what's up now. It was interesting to see how quick D. L. Hugley jumped online. He was he I think he responded before the interview.
Speaker 1: Was over, and this is what he said.
Speaker 12: Every time I see Monick these these she's on uh doing some greasy ass video with her and her daddy complaining about.
Speaker 1: Something or working out.
Speaker 3: I don't know, nobody will work.
Speaker 12: Out that much in game weight unless every crunch you do got capped in front of it. But apparently she goes on Club Say and tells the story about how she came on my radio show and I wasn't there at the time. My co host, Jasmine Sanders played a game that we played all the time with everybody called would you Rather.
Speaker 3: She apparently was so offended by that that she said she got off.
Speaker 1: She called me.
Speaker 12: Monique did, and she said I was very dismissive, like hum Mnisica a liar. When Monique did call me, I heard her her complaints. I listened to her, and I pulled the segment. So if I hadn't been as dismissive as she alleged as I was, that segment would have aired.
Speaker 3: It didn't because I respected her wishes. And so what he didn't say was she had also told Shannon Sharp that he was sent a cease and desist because how he handled it, how he felt I mean, how she felt like he dismissed her. So when he was sent to cease and desists, Noah didn't air. It was immediately sent after she talked.
Speaker 8: To him, send a ceasing desist for on an interview that you do.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: You can send a season desist to anybody, but if you do an actual interview, how do you send a season assist to say not played if you actually did the interview.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 7: You have to ask Monique.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was she about to say? I was about to say, Monique is a grown woman.
Speaker 7: He is the other way we do things. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She also had spoke on like some things about when, like how we know how Taraji just during the press run spoke on how unfairly that she was treated. And she had hinted at when Taraji had said that their trailers were infested. Before you know, everything was made better for the cast of Color, Purple and Monique had spoken on their trailers blowing up play number five.
Speaker 7: Remember how to Roggie said the trailers were infested.
Speaker 1: Yes, our trailers blew up.
Speaker 2: Now, whenever this airs, I'm gonna post the trailers blowing up so the people can see.
Speaker 7: But they blew up.
Speaker 2: And if any of us were in those trailers, we would have been gone. When I was smelling the gas. We went to the brothers that was hooking up the trailers and we said, hey, we smell gas.
Speaker 7: They said, mo.
Speaker 1: We let him know.
Speaker 2: Talking about the head in charge, We let him know. He just said okay and walk away. Did we'll pack of reach out to anybody? I can't say he didn't reach out to me and say, hey.
Speaker 7: Is everything okay? Did you lose anything? Is everything good?
Speaker 2: The only thing they wanted to know from me was remember how to Rogie's. Where was Aunt May's wigs? Where are those wigs?
Speaker 3: They about the week and thank god, and she actually did post the video. She took to our Instagram and she posted the video, so she actually does have receipts for that, and that it's honestly like mind blowing to see, like, yeah, their trailers did blow up.
Speaker 7: It wasn't only hers, it was it was a couple of them.
Speaker 3: She spoke on we got oh we did, because ain't nobody do that? Because you know I'm gonna keep on coming.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 6: That I wasn't paying no attention to club smoking. I don't know what's true, and it was not true. Everybody got a story, but they telling them on club station. Absolutely and there has been no mess like comedian mess all year. May and Nikki don't got nothing on the comedians nothing, I spicing a lot of the won't got nothing on the comedian nothing.
Speaker 3: That's not even a beef ice spice a lot on that's not no bee, that's not.
Speaker 1: Like Dunkan donis versus Jesus.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you for jests with the mess. When we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 5: Tesla figure oh be joining us, and then the group from North Carolina, Little Brother.
Speaker 8: They'll be joining us. It's the breakfast Club the morning.
Speaker 5: You're checking out the breakfast Club morning, everybody. It's the j M V, Jess, Hilari, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 7: What up chairs, what's going on?
Speaker 3: DJ and be Jess Hilary, Charlamagne, gott.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to jump right into Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's jump rite into Donald Trumps.
Speaker 1: You word than sim's guy all.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has then fighting for immunity about his involvement in trying to overturn the election. I know it's hard to keep up because it's a lot of different cases, but this is the case where they say he interfered, and the federal courts made a decision to take a listen.
Speaker 23: A federal appeals court on Tuesday unanimously rejected Donald Trump's claim he's immune from criminal charges that he plotted to overturn his twenty twenty election defeat. The ruling is a rebuke to the former president, who is once again seeking the White House as he fends off numerous criminal cases.
Speaker 9: Today, an indictment was unsealed charging Donald J. Trump with conspiring to defraud the United States, conspiring to disenfranchise voters, and conspiring and attempting to obstruct an official proceeding.
Speaker 23: The election subversion case landed before the three judge appeals panel after Trump was criminally charged by Special Council Jack Smith with a number of illegal schemes to try and stay in power after losing at the polls.
Speaker 3: Now he has until Monday to ask the Supreme Court to block this federal ruling. You can pretty much anticipate that he'll try to continue to fight it, but if it is not block, the trial will move forward. We don't know a date on that. Representative of Marjorie Taylor Green, She said that the National Guard was at the Capitol of the day that Biden of the day of Biden's inauguration, and she's wondering why the media didn't call that insurrection. Take a listen.
Speaker 24: And then the American people who pay for elections with their tax dollars actually own the elections and have the right the right to care about their elections, election integrity, and the results of their elections. When they came to Washington and protested, all of you call it an insurrection.
Speaker 3: And then when Joe Biden was inaugurated.
Speaker 24: And this entire capital complex was surrounded with thirty thousand National Guard troops, none of you stood the and called that an insurrection.
Speaker 3: Oh now you all stayed silent.
Speaker 6: I'm not the highest grade of weed in dis century, but I'm pretty sure the National Guard was there because of what happened on January sixth. If there was an attempted cool this country on January sixth, I'm sure that they would have heightened security during the inauguration sense to me, and.
Speaker 3: They tend to have security, you know, during the inauguration. But she wants to know why you didn't call it insurrection, Charlemagne, you know, because regard right, because it wasn't an insurrection.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much the reason for that.
Speaker 3: But I thought that was interesting, just give you some more information on what happens next. So again, he has until Monday to fight this in the Supreme Court, but today they will there will be another ruling. The Supreme Court will decide if he stays on the ballot in Colorado for his participation in the insurrection. So this is gonna be a big deal. If they decide that he gets off the ballot or on the ballot, of course, that will be a domino effect. So that will be really really to watch the day, and I'm going to give you an update on that tomorrow. I got a question for you guys, though I was gonna cover this tomorrow, but I want to ask you know, we talked about the border in the six o'clock hour. We talked about how, you know Democrats, we talk about all the time, how they don't do messaging. There was a story that came out that said President Biden will not be speaking before the super Bowl. He said that people are just tuned out of politics. They don't want to turn anybody off. Do y'all think he should take that opportunity to do the traditional interview he skipped it last year. Do you think he should take the opportunity to speak to one hundred and sixty million plus people or no, what do you guys think?
Speaker 5: I think you should take every opportunity to be in anybody's face to make sure that you know he's selling himself right now.
Speaker 1: This is election.
Speaker 8: He said, why wouldn't you do it? I mean, you see Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: At all these these college games, these these anyway, Donald Trump could be, He's gonna be, he might be at the super Bowl.
Speaker 8: It just Donald Trump knows how.
Speaker 1: To play the game.
Speaker 7: Always impactful when Donald Trump speaks, so I don't.
Speaker 1: Think knows how to But it's not when Biden speaks. President Biden sucks. Okay, So he needs to hide, all right, you say, don't do it. Don't even take the chance that maybe.
Speaker 6: Many people unless we see him, the better and if he's not gonna hide, if he is gonna do something like the super Bowl, you know, doing with his vice president, doing with Kamala Harris. You know what I'm saying, Like Kamala Harris do a lot of the talk. And I don't know why they got Kamala Harris. You know, in the tup like, you know, she's not like she can't like she can be charismatic if she chooses to be. If they let her go, you know, let her go. But if you're gonna do something like that, she should be sitting behind beside him doing majority of the talk.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, ques, Let's say he got a suite at the super Bowl, right, wouldn't that just show he's there? And then I would just walk into Taylor Swift sweet, take a picture of her. Now it looks like Taylor Swift is promote me, right, he looked like she endorsed me.
Speaker 6: He's inconvenience and too much of the American people by doing something like that, showing up to the super Bowl super Bowls are it's like, I mean, eighty thousand plus people like it's too much. They gotta do secret service, they gotta do different type of sweeps of the building.
Speaker 5: Like no, nobody don't care about the minut but they don't care more about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: But I don't care about who's gonna go care about more sailor Swift?
Speaker 6: See, But it's just the inconvenience he would cause at an event that's already called him so much inconvenience.
Speaker 1: You know what. It's takes a lot for a president to show up places. Yo, don't do that, no want to see.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of torn on this though. I hear what you're saying, like he's he's not the best interviewer. But kind of to DJ Ammy's point, like, I think people that already turned off on politics, they've all they've already turned off to not use you know, fifteen minutes before the inter you know, before the super one hundred and sixty million people to at least or nothing else say hey, you know Republicans to stop the border, or you know, shouldn't he take a chance maybe to convince twenty people?
Speaker 1: And I would do it, but I would do I would do president. I would do it with Kamala.
Speaker 6: Kamala would be sitting right by me, and Kamala would be doing majority of the talking.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I would do.
Speaker 3: They saying, oh, this is not a part of our big master plan. Well what's the master playing? Then with the with the messaging because we don't see it anywhere. So I just thought that was interesting. I wanted to point that out to you guys.
Speaker 8: I think you should go swags her for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: That's what I think he'll break it back.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh gosh, Well.
Speaker 3: Another report I want to tell you guys quickly about credit card dad. Instead of staggering one point thirteen trillion, now, according to a new report on household Dad from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Americans now collectively are again one point thirteen tricks. You know, in the credit card debts. They said that it increased by fifty billion, or roughly five percent, in the fourth quarter of twenty twenty three. The delinquency rates are really high. They say. This is among younger millennials of borrows between the age of thirty and thirty nine, who are burdened by high levels of student loan debts. So they said this is a big deal. The debt keeps rising. Mark Schultz from lending Tree said that even though one trillion a credit card debt is staggering, wrap your brain around the unfortunate truth is going to keep rising. From here, said, Americas are still struggling with lingering inflation and rising interest rates, and it's forcing them to have to live on their credit cards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which sucks because credit card interest rates go anywhere from what sixteen to twenty seven percent when it comes to borrow those people's money, like you said, with people not having jobs and all their jobs, not being able to pay for their food, their rent, their car note, you got to use credit cards. You gotta use credit cards to pay for clothes. And you know, even though public school is free, you still got to put your kids in clothes. You still got to put you know, have food for your kids in And the credit card business is gonna make a lot of money off of it because with those interest rates at twenty two percent, Jesus Christ, even if you paid a minimum of twenty five dollars or fifty dollars one hundred dollars, the majority of that is going to interest.
Speaker 3: That's right, but that's your nose.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tiz, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Make sure you follow a Testant figure on all social media platforms. Subscribe to her podcast is Great Shot and Chase of podcasts on the Black Fact.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio podcast network.
Speaker 7: I noticed that you say subscribe with a V and it's not I didn't know list did that.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it's subscribe for okay, Yeah, you'd be saying subscribe.
Speaker 1: How many w how many ws? How many.
Speaker 23: Damn I've just taken the critical.
Speaker 1: All right, I love y'all.
Speaker 5: Now, all right, when we come back, Little Brother will be joining us. They are underground legends from North Carolina. One member is from Virginia. What are the members?
Speaker 6: Dante Pool and nine everybody named No, goddamn Dante Man, Sponte and Big Pool at ninth.
Speaker 5: Wonder man, you're so disrespectful the down South rappers.
Speaker 1: Why it's big fight. It's Sponte and Pool Man. How about Dante Night Wonder wasn't here? You will say, wonder.
Speaker 6: But we're kicking with the next. It is the Breakfast Club. More damn man, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ n V Jesse, Larry's Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. He got some special guests in the building. Yes, indeed we got a little brother here, absolutely, Big Pool. How y'all, brother's feeling man, good man, We alive so you can have.
Speaker 6: Thankful thank They got the new documentary made of Lord Watch the Little Brother's Story.
Speaker 1: Why that title?
Speaker 4: I mean, first it we started this when we were making the album Made a Little Watch eighteen twenty eighteen, So this was kind of like to bring into that era and it just made sense. It just really made sense, like thinking about everything that we kind of went through and survived, the Lord had to be watching over us.
Speaker 1: Next relation.
Speaker 4: So no, man, that was just kind of felt this felt like a conclusion of that chapter. And yeah, five years in the making. Man, So it's out now on YouTube.
Speaker 5: So you got to college and you guys met each other. So talk about that process. How you guys met. I know a lot of this is actually in the documentary, but how you guys met and but attracted you guys together and then you started this rap group that became Underground Legends.
Speaker 4: Man, it was it was very organic. I met Pool, well first, I met ninth. We met, Uh what we met?
Speaker 1: I think I met? We met first ninety eight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we met yeh ninety eight. Yeah, so yeah, we met through a mutual friend. Nine was on campus and he was we was moving in the dorm. Like we saw each other from the dorm and uh, over Source magazine we started chopping up all this is in the dock. But long story short, we basically just kind of started, you know, working together. This was at a time when you know, it was at the time this is like ninety eight. So this is when no Limit is like killing everything in the sound especially up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so age we see you.
Speaker 4: No limit at a like the Ghetto d album dropped my freshman year. That was all you heard in every room, Like we was bumping that non stuff the body listen what.
Speaker 1: Listen man? We read ghetto Dope. So but so everybody was pumping that.
Speaker 4: So if you were a kid that was into like raucous or soundbomb, like, you know, meeting someone else that was into that that was kind of rare, you know what I mean. So when you met somebody that was on that same wave, if it's like, oh I found my people. So we just kind of linked up and just started making records and.
Speaker 1: People are out there.
Speaker 5: When he said Ruckus Ruckus record, you got to tell him because something potentializer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this was the label.
Speaker 5: That you know, I would lyrical, miracle, spiritual, entual, criminal, umbilicals, that type of thing.
Speaker 1: You can't help it break down. They said rockets. Somebody might not know what died it was.
Speaker 3: You know, it was very much.
Speaker 4: They were like it was an underground label, but it was you know, I mean most quality. You know, it was like pretty much Eminem was on Rocket Soundbomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so they were just you know, putting out amazing stuff that we really enjoyed, and so we just kind of started making records, put some stuff up on the internet, and uh, you.
Speaker 7: Sound is like today, But I don't know, how would you describe it sound today like now?
Speaker 1: It's not the same, it's not the same, but it's still us. It's still us.
Speaker 4: It's weird, it's like our sound has evolved musically, but it's still sound like Little Brothers, like one of I had after our last album came out Mayloe Watching and then we just put out two singles last October October with Wish Me Well in Glory Glory September September My Bad. And one of the biggest compliments we got was that somebody said, yo, I can make an LB playlist from y'all stuff twenty years ago to now and it sounds like y'all haven't missed a beat. I can tell that it's dated, it doesn't sound it still sounds timeless, and that was something I think we always strive for.
Speaker 1: So that's if I had describe it, I would just say it's Thomas.
Speaker 5: But you guys also came out in the era where the DJ and the producer was part of the group, right, yeah, yeah, sure, whether it was of course run dmcj, A J Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jaff and Ninth Wonder was part of Little Brother in the beginning. Yeah, he's not here now, So what's the relationship with Ninth Wonder? Then no more relationship, there's no more relationship.
Speaker 1: But there's no no.
Speaker 4: I mean we talked about it in the doc, but no, we're just separate entities, you know what I'm saying. That we came in the game together, but we're a Little Brother, he's Ninth Wonder and we're just separate entity that we coexist peacefully, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's just what it is. Participating the doctor because I mean, this is the Little Brother's story.
Speaker 5: That's that's a question for him. Yeah, you know, but like I would like to have heard his perspective of it now, is what did y'all reach.
Speaker 1: Out to it?
Speaker 4: We absolutely, yeah, we reached out, you know what I'm saying. Made it clear that you know, it wasn't this wasn't gonna be a hit piece. We wasn't coming for nobody next you know, we're just telling our story in just a beautiful, honest way, and he just shows me how to participate, and that's his right too.
Speaker 5: I feel like y'all set them up nights, especially when you first told the early story about Uh. I forgot what album it was, but it was an album. I think it was awful rock for Yeah, I feel like that get produced by DJ Premier and he was like, Yo, that's what I want to be one of y'all encourage. I'm like, yo, you can be that absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, we were always I mean, we're coming up. I mean, you gotta keep in mind, like, dude, we like nineteen twenty years old. You know what I'm saying. I mean we you know, we're just trying to figure out let alone, trying to figure out how to be artists.
Speaker 1: Figure out how to be men. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, so, you know, trying to figure out all that stuff at.
Speaker 4: The same time. I mean, man, it's you know, it's it's tough. So but yeah, but we tried to tell the story just as honestly as as we could. And uh, but you know, we can't speak for another person. We can only tell our experience, and so he chose not to and that's is right.
Speaker 8: You see evolution in it. I mean you see dark skinning Leonard in there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely hair that sounds like.
Speaker 9: He was like.
Speaker 3: Look, I was like, oh my god, you look like one of the kids from Lean on Me. It's the Club.
Speaker 1: What year was that too? That show? That was A five? Five? It was five? I remember it was a five.
Speaker 4: That was the on We talked about it briefly on q LS, but yeah, that was the only interview that I missed because when we had to do that that run, I think your son. Yeah, that was when my son, the son was born. So it was just me and Knife on that run. Every time I see that, I think about it because I wouldn't as polished as I am now to doing interviews.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 1: B I don't know, I'm gonna work there to dance around. I said, I ain't worked there.
Speaker 3: That's what it was like.
Speaker 1: Nah, No, that was that was funny. That was that was Blash from the past. Uh think it was five. It was on five.
Speaker 5: So when ninth one that got the call from Hole to to work with him and Hole started doing production, do you think that production area kind of this man through the group a lot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not nah no, man, like we we we was happy.
Speaker 4: We was excited for him, you know, I mean like we got to go to baseline and hear it before it came out there with hold and all that. But nah, we was We knew, what that's a big opportunity. It's jay Z, you know what I mean, Like, come on, man, you want stuff for your team, like you want you know, if you know, studying hip hop, most of the big producers they get their starting groups. So we just saw it's just a natural progression, you know what I mean. So yeah, it was amazing just to know that, you know, one of your home can make a beat on his laptop and it ends up with jay Z rapping over.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like, oh my god, like what you know what I'm saying, And it really it really for us.
Speaker 4: Was for me, it was a sign of the kind of the changing of the guard in terms of what constituted studio quality, you know, because for a long time, you know, you had to have When people thought of a studio, they thought of it as like, okay, it's this big, the big boards and like these big you know, big consoles and big speakers and everything. I guess the lesson for me was just that, you know, as long as you have a taste there there aren't really no rules in music. You just have to have a degree of taste that can translate to an audience and if you can make it make sense to them and they get it, and that's really all you need. And we were able to do that with very limited means, and so I'm just I'm just thankful.
Speaker 16: All right.
Speaker 8: We got more with Little Brother when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morningj n.
Speaker 8: V Jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne, the guy we are to Breakfast Club was still kicking with a Little Brother, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Why why YouTube? That was the other thing I was wondering, Like, you know, did y'all even try to shop into Like who in Netflix? Anybody? Bruh? The writers of Stranger Things were on strike.
Speaker 17: Nah.
Speaker 1: I mean love Craft Countries on TV absolutely right now today? Yeah, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I did a show shot the Apollo ot Marathon the other night, like straight out of Compton on TV. Yeah. I think for us because people always ask that question, right, and first to start off as a joke up on YouTube, but then we start thinking about it, like, that's exactly that's what it's going like. I know seven year olds who stay on YouTube. I know sixty nine year olds who stay on YouTube. So for us, it was just like all it is on the internet. It's all the same in the internet, all to the same internet. So the objective here was I was talking to a homie of mine. I was just like, you know, He's like, y'all, I got this project. I don't know what I should do. I said, listen, what's your objective? Are you trying to be validated by one of these companies? Are you looking for the bag? Or do you want people to see that? We wanted people to see our documentary. So the easiest way is anybody can go up on YouTube. You can watch You don't gotta watch it in one set and and got explain how my mama had to log into YouTube. Everybody knows how to go on YouTube. You can watch it on the phone, path, any anywhere. It just felt true to who we were and and who we are, and so that was that was why we decided to go with YouTube.
Speaker 1: What would have made brother.
Speaker 5: Bigger though, right, because a lot of the fans, a lot of the people that listen might not have heard little brother, right, What do you think would have made little brother bigger?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was in the cars for us to be bigger. Honestly, I think we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we was the lead blockers, you know what I mean, like, you know, we was you know, we was sent to take out the linebacker like it wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get the glory. You're not gonna get the touchdown.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna You gotta do your job, do your job well, and you'll be remembered, rewarded, honored for that, you know what I mean, respected for that. And so yeah, I don't I don't know if bigger was in the cars for us, honestly, because I know who we are, you know what I mean, right, you know, and I know who we are is. I don't know if that's conducive. No, it wasn't like I remember having I remember a Minister show came out and we did.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think what was the first week.
Speaker 4: It was like eighteen eighteen and something like that, you know what I mean, eighteen thousand records and you know back then that.
Speaker 1: Was just that was the worst you flow you got to we play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, straight up, but you said eighteen thousand now like list phenomenal album.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 6: I saw Donald Glover say recently that all new most most new rappers now, and I think he kind of meant, like that generation that started in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're because of Kanye. I would say, Kanye and little brother.
Speaker 4: Absolutely that what I would absolutely, yeah, man, Kanye Wash we had God Kanye. He first came to Durham two thousand and four three four yeah real it was before college dropout there, Yeah, and he had at the time the records that was bubbling.
Speaker 1: He had the stand up by.
Speaker 4: Ludicrous that was out, and he was about to put out the This Way record he had did with Dilated People's but he was in Durham doing some kind of like conference whatever, and so he was there and you know, this is before anything like he's just you know, chilling, and he just would walk around just like wrapping out of nowhere yo yo find Conye and Fonte.
Speaker 1: Is like like he he would just be rap like bro. But and I thought he was you know, acting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But now you know, twenty plus years later, it's claim like, yeah, that wasn't an act though. He's the same level. It's just on a higher platform exactly. But he's the same he's always been. But yeah, but back then, we you know, we did shows, you know, we toured with him. Uh, you know, we opened up and everything.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it was a it was a fun time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You know you could kind of see just him putting the pieces together, and you could see him also really kind of struggle with fame to some degree.
Speaker 1: Like I remember we.
Speaker 3: Were at on the Billboard Hip Hop Boys. Yeah, we were in like South View.
Speaker 4: He was in Miami for like a weekend whatever, and he had his Rockefeller chain and we was going to a club. We were going to club, and he would take his chain out and you know, have his chain out in the club, but then the minute we left, he.
Speaker 1: Would tuck it back in.
Speaker 4: And that was just something that I always saw, you know, when you speak, you know, you ask about you know, why weren't we bigger? I think one of the things, well, first off, it was a choice. It definitely was a choice. And that was something that we really want to make clear in the documentary that the Little Brother story is not a sad story.
Speaker 1: At all. You know what I'm saying. You know, it was really you know, choices that we made.
Speaker 4: And I think for me, I kind of had my you know, ghosts of Christmas Past present screwage kind of thing, and that I saw a lot of these guys when they were kind of on the come up and was able to kind of see what fame they did to him, Yeah, did to him or and not just you know, like they were just you know, prisoners or something to me, but to see the effect that had on their lives and how they had to really live. It wasn't just yeah, you everyone wants the money, Everyone wants that, but that ain't all that come with.
Speaker 1: You know, being scared of fame is just not wanting to get robbed. Well, I mean it was probably a little bit.
Speaker 7: Like he wasn't the image that you have to have in certain places.
Speaker 1: Exactly when you leave that it's over.
Speaker 4: He regular and because I mean because when we was when he was like kicking it with us, I mean we just we just kicked it.
Speaker 1: We're just kicking it.
Speaker 4: But when the camera's on, he knew how to become Kanye. I gotta I gotta be me a different way, A different way amplified version of who I am without the lights in the camera. The little brother wasn't willing to perform nah nah man, because that's not that's not you know, this is a long games about that exhausting fam and unsustainable, very unsustainable.
Speaker 1: You burn out quick. But y'all have always shown y'all you, especially in video. But that's who we are naturally.
Speaker 4: Who I am in this interview is who I am when this interview is over, is who I am when I get on this plane to go home. It's who I am when I get home. Like I am who I am, And it's not well, I talk to people when the lights come on. I don't really talk to people when the lights go off. But that's the difference. I don't like people. That's why would you be in the room, dark room with strangers that that.
Speaker 1: That not the conversation we're having, Not the conversation having coversation. That's not the conversation we're here for.
Speaker 4: No man, I mean, we just you know, I just saw like when I looked at a lot of the people that you know, I looked up to in the game and looked at the people that were able to have that longevity. That was something that was always important to me, you know what I'm saying, really being able to stand the test of time and be in the game. And you know, this is a game where with music and just entertainment, just art in general. I really do believe this is a game that the longer you play, the luckier you get. You know what I'm saying, the longer you stay in it. But you're only going to stay in it for a long time if you're doing things that you enjoy, you know what I mean. You otherwise and like I don't care like people they say, you know, looking from the outside, they like, oh man, if I had that opportunity.
Speaker 1: I would do anything. I would do whatever I would And it's like.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, seriously, and you have to you have to make those choices because it's this game. Like me and Pool like were just talking, you know in you know, in the in the break room. You know, man, this game it don't know what to do with then ain't thirsty, Like they don't know what to do with that. Like when you are not you know, the whole thing, just oh yo.
Speaker 1: You do whatever. You know what I'm saying, that's hungry, that's hungry. You gotta be hungry. That's not I'll do whatever. That's not hunger, that's thirst.
Speaker 8: We got more with Little brother when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, wanted everybody.
Speaker 1: Were still kicking it with Little Brothers.
Speaker 5: Dj V just hilarious, Charlamagne to God, they're in the buildings.
Speaker 3: Just how important is like awards to you? Like, and because you guys are very very very stern on who y'all are? Yeah, all that and like you said earlier, you don't know who you are is conducive to some shit like this or you know, especially nowadays and the thirst and universus hunger. So how important are awards shows? And like getting awards to.
Speaker 1: Man, I was I'll go first.
Speaker 4: I was nominated my other group, the Foreign Exchange R and B group, we were nominated for a Grammy in twenty ten, and I had the opportunity to go to the Grammys and really see what that experience was. And I think having that experience just showed me like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of a racket.
Speaker 4: Basically, I'm just keeping it in the band. I mean it was, you know, it was great to be honored, but again, this is just the behind the scenes stuff.
Speaker 1: That people don't get, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know when you go to these shows first and foremost, you know, at least at that time, you know you you still gotta buy tickets, you still gotta pay for Like this don't come with a check at all. You can get out there and you can try to make something shake on your own if you want to do like I know, the Routs they do their Grammy Jam session every year whatever, So if you want to kind of do that, you can. But generally speaking, just as a nominee, like everything is on you.
Speaker 8: So this is you know, you gotta pay to go to the Grammys if you're nominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get ticket, you get tickets for you.
Speaker 4: So at the time when they get you some discount tickets, right, So it's like so if it's me and you, me and him is Grammy nominated, It's like, Okay, y'all get free tickets to the show, but anyone you want to bring gotta pay. Y'all gotta pay, and we'll let you get it for half off. But you still got to pay half off still like one hundred dollars. Oh no, no, no, no, no, not at the time. But I did it, well, I know when it is. It was nominated and Luke went, he got a ticket. I think Dog got a ticket. And I think any extra tickets would have been like one hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 1: It might have been more. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I know that it was tickets even for the b tables at some point, like you had to pay. I remember I wanted to go one year and I had to pay, like it was like three forty or something like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay. Yes, So we might have been getting super dupe, you know at the time when I went.
Speaker 4: At the time when we went, the tickets for the Grammys, and again it's is twenty ten, so you know, I don't know what is now, but yeah, it's twenty ten. Like tickets for the Grammys twel hundred dollars a piece. And so in order for us to go, you know what I mean, we met me and Nick nickolat my partner shops to him, we went and so our tickets were free. But then every one else, like we brought, you know, family, everybody, that was six hundred dollars a pop, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's twelve hundred one tickets.
Speaker 4: Then you got you know, hotels, flights like you know, y'ad by clothes everything we had to pay like a pr person, you know what I'm saying, to like walk to talking to walk you the red carpet to talk up your nomination and everything, and you know, and I've never like we never talked about it. You know, it was something that we didn't just have time to get into the dock. But like, man, after I came back from the Grammys, I had to take out like a personal loans. I'm like, god, damn, I just spent by damn eight thousand dollars like this, you know what I'm saying. And so so for me so to rich a question with the Awards, I think that and just in my experience it was I was glad I got to see it.
Speaker 1: But ultimately I'm just like, nah, I don't Yeah, I'm good. I don't care.
Speaker 7: It plays the image.
Speaker 4: It plays image, yeah, And I mean listen, it's all you know, to be nominated for a Grammy, like to be you know, a monkst you know, to sit amongst you know, be in that room and see it. Like I'm watching the show and it's like Kenny g is like standing right there like same hair, like say everything. And that's another thing too with the Grammys. Dude specifically, like y'all watch it on TV at home and it's like three hours. You know what I'm saying, It's not three hours, and it's long longer. It's longer and with no and you it ain't no. At the time when we went, the Staples Center was like closing down, so like they have like the pre Grammy brunch before and you know, you get little food whatever, and then they take you over to the main hall to the Grammy ceremony, and all.
Speaker 1: The vendors in the Staple Center they shutting down, so it's no food for hours.
Speaker 4: It was like one dude we caught that had like the little uh he had like some candy and he had like, you know, little snicker bars and damn Eminem's. So we bought like a couple like a bag of Eminem's and some snickers were sitting in there, goddamn taking the Eminem's, passing it down and I'm like, this is supposed to be music great this night, and don't even got them Eminem's in the Staples Center, not when we went. I'm just telling I've never been to the gram but I've been to a BT Hip Hop Awards and was about damn recording. That was about five hours and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, no food, we went, I walked out. I left.
Speaker 5: Was taking too long, man, go oh my god, like we're supposed to present. He was like, I'm giving y'all ten minutes there all day.
Speaker 1: That's really I I'm like, you know, love, I'm like, yeah, I'm not beating for none of that though, no, man, And I mean like for me, you know, yeah, it'd be cool to be nominated for a Grammy. I ain't never been nominated.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, it's I can't be somewhere too long and not just say what I need to say. So listen, I just don't go to places where I'm going to be there a long time because you might have to say something. It might have to say something and let me tell you the truth. Yeah, And they're learning kind of learning what all this is, you know what I mean, Like it's a campaign. It's a campaign. It's not a meritocracy like the minute you and that was I guess the thing for me. But once I saw that, you know, it was really you know, it's super political, it's super you know who you know, like, it's a lot of those things. But you know, for for for me, all I cared about was just making the music. And you know, if my music is standing up against somebody, you know, just judging on the basis of the music. Once you're getting all this other, it's just like again it was educational. It's like, Okay, I know that's what it is. Now, all right, cool, I'm good on it, you know what I mean. And that's the thing I want to make clear. It's not that we don't care. We just understand what it is and what it's gonna take if you want to make that run. It's like running for president, you know what I mean. Will we ever get a fontine Pool knife one?
Speaker 1: Dude? Nah, damn damn. Didn't even think about it.
Speaker 3: It was like maybe there was a possibility, as why why, Like they don't know, they don't understand, you know what that's you gotta watch this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in the dog. I mean, we talk about everything, but it don't seem like it's none of y'all can recordsize.
Speaker 5: Seem like they can, like at least maybe it's not it's not it's not even thinking about reconciling anything.
Speaker 19: It's just.
Speaker 15: It's just it.
Speaker 1: That's just not what it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, a little b this Fonte and Pool and nine Wonder is Knife Wonder and you know, we wish him all the best and you know whatever, all his endeavors and we're gonna keep doing us and that's just what it is.
Speaker 7: Anyways, Beyonce, what's up with Michelle and Kelly and Farah and.
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 6: Like she said, Pharah, but it's it's not the same because Destiny's child. We we got like it felt like we got closure with that.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't feel like we got closure with Little Brother. The documentary is closures. Sometimes we're not we're not afforded the closure we want. You get.
Speaker 8: Check out the documentary, learn about Little Brother.
Speaker 1: Made the Lord watch the Little Brother.
Speaker 5: That was fun that that that took me like watching videos because you know, we weren't even thinking about video.
Speaker 1: I wasn't see that. I was like, damn it, weren't surprised we even had that. Yeah, I don't know. He wasn't thinking an't you know who he was? He ran over there and got some cream Force. I said, yeah, that was he was you got you got.
Speaker 4: Three it, little brother, thank you for having us. Just congratulations than I love the Baltimore I was hearing. I was like, yes, congratulations, Breakfast Club, good morning. Let's get right to Jess with the message.
Speaker 16: He was just real, just why the more guess don't do is gonna.
Speaker 1: Bring numbers on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: SA.
Speaker 3: So were back in it with more Monique on club. So also what I found interesting is her story on Kevin Hart. So we're no stranger to the history of Monique and Tyler Perry. But she did have some help.
Speaker 7: She was saying. El Sharpton reached out to help her.
Speaker 3: She had talked to people like Stephanie Mills, and Kevin Hart was one of the people that she actually was talking to about setting down like getting him and Oprah Oprah, I mean, I'm sorry, Tiffany Haddish and I mean, what what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Kevin Hart was trying to get Tyler Perry and Monique to sit down together, but Tyler Perry told Kevin Hart, look, I want to move past that. I don't even want nothing to do with it no more. So that's what Kevin Hart, you know, called her back and said to her, and she said, okay. Kevin Hart did say, listen, I will help you know, whatever you need to do to get past this any production, it's fine. I'll make it happen for you, wanting to help her, so she she went on ahead with that. She told her husband, Okay, listen, Kevin Harnt's gonna help us. A couple weeks later, we had the audio. She explained that Kevin Hart's manager called her said this.
Speaker 2: We get a call from endamoll In de Mall says, we just got a call from Kevin Hart's manager, Dave Becky, and Dave Becky said, Kevin doesn't want anything to do with Monique, you know, he doesn't want any any kind of relationship with Monique. I called Kevin Hart immediately. I said, hey, baby, we just got off the phone with Endemol and they said Dave Becky called them up and said you don't want anything to do with me.
Speaker 7: He said, Mo, that's that's a miscommunication. I can tell you right now.
Speaker 2: I said, wait a minute, are you okay though, with this white man calling them up getting in between our relationship?
Speaker 7: Something you said? He said, Mo, that's a miscommunication and we're gonna talk Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. I'm telling you right now, it's a miscommunication. That was two years ago. If you talked to him, I talked to him. I've never talked back to Kevin Hart again.
Speaker 3: That is that is very very interesting. She was very adamant about that story. Okay, so oh, ain't nobody gonna understand.
Speaker 6: I don't know what true one was, not you, I know everybody got a story with they telling these stories on Club Sha She dropping a clue momb for club shation.
Speaker 3: Guys, right, you better go ahead stick your friends.
Speaker 20: I know that's what.
Speaker 15: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love itagas, I was getting wrapped up at the person, but I bought it right back. All right, son, we're gonna move on to what she had some interesting things to say about Tiffany had because Tiffany had to said some things to say about her play number three.
Speaker 2: I remember our beautiful sister Tiffany had it did an interview with GQ magazine, and I'm assuming the journalist was a white person, and the conversation turned to Monique and she said, well, I don't do business like Monique do business. And I'm glad I don't have that husband of hers. And when I saw that, It's like, Tiffany, if you had a husband like mine, you may not have to DUI s If you had a husband like mine, you may not be caught up in what looks like you could have been glooming a child. And I say, all of that was no judgment. But when you speak about having a husband like mine, you open up the door. And I'm saying to you, if you had one like mine, you may not sit in these positions that you can't explain the next day.
Speaker 1: That's very fair.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Tiffany said that about Monique and GQ, Monique has every right the response.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, people were saying that Monique caught it wrong. She didn't say I'm glad I don't have a husband like her. She was just saying I don't have that husband that she has, So, I mean, none is better than the other. Is whether she was glad that she don't. She was just saying I don't have that husband that she has.
Speaker 1: So but but either way, Monique has every right respond, absolutely does.
Speaker 3: And then Shannon Shop he so funny, he said, well, she ain't even murried at all is she Monique took a sip of that con saying, well, you said it, I.
Speaker 6: Didn't, Shannon. Don't need to do that though, Shannon. They already coming on your platform spilling their guts. You don't got to add no season into it, Shannon. You don't got to put no sauce on it. You don't got to spin on it at all.
Speaker 3: Puts he puts very little, very very little, very little.
Speaker 6: He don't need to put none, because you know, we all of us in this room, know how sensitive people can be. You know what I mean, So that little bit of something they'll turn into something major.
Speaker 5: Don't care absolutely, Why why put yourself in that situation if you don't have to a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times, she also made them look in the camera right because he was asking questions about when she was telling stories about Tyler Perry and Oprah, and she said, look in your look at your goddamn camera and ask them yourself. Well, okay, I was like for you, I won't you come on Club Sha Shade and then you have a conversation with me and we'll sit here, we'll try to figure out how we can get Monique compensated. And I'm gonna join you, and I'm gonna do one better.
Speaker 7: Me and my husband will sit right next to him and ask him these.
Speaker 1: Questions all about your damn mind. If y'all think Tyler Perry ever doing.
Speaker 7: Something, oh no, and these other things we know, but they still had the prompt to.
Speaker 1: Ask, Yeah, Tyler ain't doing it, but de ain't doing it.
Speaker 3: That will never happen, Tyler madid, but they do one with the problems.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, thank you for that, jest with the mess are giving your donkeyt you?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, let's let's stay uh with the with the Monique situation. I want to give a want to give the breakfast nub. I guess that would be myself a donkey to day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely anybody ask you, Baltimore look a little nubby, Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, And funny that I decided to speak on that. She called you a nub and you got the fresh ball head miss the clean, shining everything.
Speaker 7: And this is exactly what you're getting, Lenard.
Speaker 1: Donkey to day haven't started, all right? Okay?
Speaker 8: The breakfast never be back though, moves the breakfast club in good morning.
Speaker 1: You're checking out the breakfast club. I was born to Dunty, it's the Donkey of the death, that's charm devil Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Yes, Donkey today for Thursday, February eighth, goes to the Breakfast Nubs or should I say Breakfast Nub, which would just be me ses CHARLAMAGNEA god just told me I should do this because Monique is from Balltimore.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and that's her aunt, right, absolutely, yes, and I'm a sweet baby.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: And if you don't have anything to do with this, Jesse Larrys has nothing to do with this because she just got here Monday, okay, together us three at the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: But I am the Breakfast Nub, right. That's when Moni called us on the club sha shit yesterday. Well called me on club shit shit yesterday when she was reminiscent over the time she received donkey today.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to her own club sha she we were.
Speaker 2: Able to do the special and we appreciated them, saying listen, how can we work this out?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: You know what happens with that? People were having callings when I said this is not right. I was donky the other day. Remember that I was Donkey of the day.
Speaker 7: The Breakfast Nubs called me the donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: That's what they said. And they had a whole calling about how I was Donkey of the.
Speaker 2: Day, but you didn't do the same thing when you found out was settled now all of a sudden, don't nobody know what the settlement is.
Speaker 7: It was really really quick. We just want to throw it away. So with that Netflix special, it was just it was just like, no, guys, I gotta I gotta stand up now.
Speaker 6: If you remember, Monique back in the day, like twenty eighteen, called for a boycotted Netflix, saying they low balled her. Monique said in an Instagram video that Netflix offered her a half a million dollars for a comedy special, and she pointed out Amy Schumer was off of eleven million, Dave Shepell and Chris Rock twenty million. I gave her Donkey the Day for that because it was in my opinion that Monique, you know, wasn't on the level of Dave, Amy and Chris.
Speaker 1: And she came on Breakfast Club and said this.
Speaker 2: What happens is when you give me a title of donkey of the day, is your mother still alive?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 7: And you're from what city in South.
Speaker 1: Carolina Monst Corner, South Carolina Monk's Corner.
Speaker 2: And if I was to call your mother or your grandmother, could they tell me stories of inequality that they had to deal with?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: So would your mother be a donkey?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Would your grandmother be a donkey?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I need you to explain how you gave me the title, because you're not explaining it.
Speaker 1: You're going off of what I assume.
Speaker 2: But because you're on that microphone, and when we open up these microphones, we know just how powerful our voices can be, and we know that what we say can become law correctly. Absolutely, so when we do that, we must then explain it to our community because we know how poisonous it can be when we put things out, but we can't back it up.
Speaker 1: We just say it. She's right.
Speaker 6: Netflix ultimately ended up taking back their offer, and then in twenty nineteen, Monique sued Netflix for failing to negotiate in good faith. The federal judging the case sided with Monique, and in twenty twenty two, the lawsuit was.
Speaker 1: Settled out of court. Dropping the clues bombs from Nique.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's the thing. I've said this before, and I've said it a few times on this radio when it comes to that point. Monique was right, I should have minded my black owned business, Okay, And she's right when she speaks on the power of the microphone, because people from Netflix were definitely reaching out to me behind the scenes, and they tried to explain why Monique didn't get the money that Amy, Dave and Chris got. Doesn't matter what the conversation consisted of. Just know, as I just said, Monique sued them and they settled, So they're clearly with some validity to the injustice that she spoke of. Monique, you were right, Okay. I've said that before in this radio and I'll say it again so you hear me. I had no business speaking on your business.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: There's absolutely a paid discrepancy for black women. Black women are typically paid only sixty seven cents for every dollar paid to white men, and the wage gap actually widens the sixty five cents on the dollar for black women who hold doctor degrees compared to white men with the same education.
Speaker 1: Okay, not to mention all the proof is in the putting.
Speaker 6: When you see a company as big as Netflix, with all the money Netflix has, they could have dragged this out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: They settled with Monique, Okay, and still put out a Monique comedy special. All right, We've heard Taraji come out and complain about the paid discrepancy in Hollywood. Look, we can have a million conversations as to why that.
Speaker 19: Is, what that is.
Speaker 6: The moral of the story is there's too many black women out here with the same story. Okay, Monique, God bless you, sister. And if you have never heard me say this before, or if I've never said it, because I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight and my memory.
Speaker 5: Is not what it used to be, I apologize for being wrong. Okay, man, shut up.
Speaker 3: No, seriously, you need to go in could y'all stop take a moment?
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: I apologize, Monique, forgive and you donkey of the day, because, once again, regardless of how I felt about the situation when you in Netflix, I had no business in your business and broadcasting your business. And it was Envy's idea to open the phone lines for people to comment on your business wasn't mine.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I truly you're gonna know where you gonna apologize.
Speaker 5: I apologize, Monique, Okay, And I think you shoul apologize to a husband as well, what you got to do with this, because it was both of them. Both of them was doing this and both of them felt disrespected. That's her manager.
Speaker 1: He was outside. You should apologize.
Speaker 7: He's always around, that's the thing. He's always here.
Speaker 1: He called in.
Speaker 8: He apologized that husband too.
Speaker 6: Apologize to her husband. I apologize her husband Sidney Sidney right.
Speaker 1: That's his name.
Speaker 6: Yes, I truly, truly, truly pray this apology is received by you, Monique, and I hope you heal because I feel like when I hear somebody talking about something for a long period of time, that means they have been holding on to it and it's bothering them in some way. And as a therapist once told me, if you don't want your piece to serve, don't disturb the piece of others. I clearly disturbed your piece. I heard Donkey of the Day mentioned in the intro to your Netflix special. I heard you talk about Donkey to Day on Club Shah, Monique, I apologize. I want peace. I want us to heal whatever this is. I want that for everybody you mentioned in the Club sh interview. I truly pray for peace and healing for us all Monique, I want that for you. I want that for me because I love us for real. Please give Charlamagne to God aka the Breakfast, the Breakfast Snub, the biggest he hull.
Speaker 22: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's good. You're doing what's right.
Speaker 7: Sitting over there looking like a want to be as bokin woodbine.
Speaker 1: I just knew you had something to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just know I'm gonna keep on saying. You look like j Paul Nubb. That's what you looked like. And here is look a little better.
Speaker 1: I think. Yeah, like my damn, I like yeah, like that scene. Get one of those.
Speaker 7: Fresh knee cap head.
Speaker 6: Look good us open the phone now, you want to open up the phone line, Well, it was your idea to open up the phone lines for something negative before.
Speaker 1: I just said, just phone line, come out.
Speaker 16: Right there.
Speaker 1: You got that right, listen. But that is what happened, though. We just opened the phone lines and we asked people what they think. It's the same thing. Now, let's open up the phone lines and ask people what they thought.
Speaker 6: Okay about Charlemagne, the Breakfast Snub and the Monique situation.
Speaker 5: Now five years later, rights, that's six years later, actually, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's open up the phone lines. Yes, let's have a conversation. Yes, charlam Mine, just aolog.
Speaker 1: Know what the hell you got going on in your head? Not your char mine, just would mine Leonard would just apologize.
Speaker 8: Big Daddy is Sydney, So let's stop up the phone lines and have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big Dad, that never happened.
Speaker 3: You should just said I apologize.
Speaker 7: It's the big Mow and Big Days.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast logan boarding the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's dj MV just hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlomage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club now if you just join us. Charlemagne apologized to Monique.
Speaker 1: I gave myself donkey today because I had no business being in her business.
Speaker 6: By the way, I've said this on the Breakfast Club a few times over the last five six years.
Speaker 1: But you know on club they say she don't. I guess you hadn't heard it. So what do we need to do?
Speaker 7: Some investigating? We know the online people.
Speaker 3: They can pull it up when and when and how many times you actually did say it, So receipts out there if they are, so.
Speaker 5: We're opening up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one, and just asking your opinion because you apologize this one of which I think and.
Speaker 1: It's six years later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but did he apologize to daddy?
Speaker 1: Who is daddy? You want me to say, I'm sorry, Daddy, that ain't happening.
Speaker 16: Just say it.
Speaker 3: You need to say it for the I.
Speaker 1: Think it's right. I think you need say that. That's crazy.
Speaker 7: I will say Mommy and Daddy.
Speaker 1: You don't man?
Speaker 19: Dad?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 22: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 16: Trap?
Speaker 1: I ain't here from your sister? Cowboys?
Speaker 3: Lord? What's going on?
Speaker 16: Brother? I thought you asked me.
Speaker 1: I know anyway, if you say anything.
Speaker 16: He could say anything?
Speaker 3: What's up? Jeff? Hey you baby?
Speaker 16: I'm doing good? Baby?
Speaker 1: Sure pieces.
Speaker 16: Yes, I told you four or five years ago that you was wrong forgiving Monique talk to you today. You told me to shut up and minma business. And I remember like it was yesterday. Thank you so much for finally apologizing to that black queen. You should have been did it publicly like this?
Speaker 9: Tra?
Speaker 8: I think she apologize to try he guys, and thank you.
Speaker 1: Hear me? Try shut up and mind your business? Okay?
Speaker 17: Why?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 20: Who's this what's happening, y'all?
Speaker 25: What's tpping? This is Elicia from New York.
Speaker 16: How y'all doing.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 20: What's my thoughts?
Speaker 25: I want to just get a big shout out to Charlum for holling them self accountable. You know, it's been many years and sometimes you got to look at people from a different perspective. And black women have been fighting with to take the parisey for many years. And so for you to take that perspective and just set her out and give her apology, I got to give you your grace for that.
Speaker 3: That what's up?
Speaker 25: I just want to shout out Black Investors. We are a women's group that are pushing women in generational wealth, especially Black women. And just shout out to Monique for holding her, you know, standing on business and you guys, I just love it your show and I think you guys are doing the great thing in Charlotte Mayne n Envy dja V. Shout out to y'all for really staying out on business this morning and seeing that there was a you know, an issue and you guys apologizing and giving that woman her flowers because it's hard out here for the black women we out here. Not only are we black, but we are women, and we deserve to be paid the same amount as everybody else.
Speaker 3: We do the same amount of work and more.
Speaker 20: I just want to say that we do.
Speaker 17: We do more.
Speaker 25: We raising households, starting businesses, and again I want to shout out black investors to look it up where those black women will and we're talking about black women in generational wealth and that a gaps trying to close that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, yes man, all right.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five, eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 5: Charlemagne gave himself donkey today the breakfast club Nub mister Nubb himself.
Speaker 8: He just wanted to apologize to Monique and her husband.
Speaker 1: I said, Monique, but I do it. I give her. I give it to her to do because I mean, they are definitely.
Speaker 7: It's mainly to Monique. It's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Monique is the one I had a conversation.
Speaker 8: And all the people that called in and checked them years ago. You want apologize to them too, Like tra.
Speaker 6: I don't remember none of them calls from years ago. I can't do all that now, Okay, I can't hang out. I don't remember none of that all right? Did you say sorry, daddy? And because you don't one who opened up the phone line. You took your call, you took the call. You don't one who said let's open up the phone line six years ago and see what people think about you know Monique's claim.
Speaker 8: I was just opening up the phone lines to see good all bad, not all bad.
Speaker 7: And then he's saying, hello, oh, this is daddy, I'm calling up there.
Speaker 5: Did he say, if you said, Daddy's on the line eight hundred five eight five one five one, let's discuss.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast slug.
Speaker 8: Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ MV Jess hilarious, Charlomagne the god. We are the breakfast club. If you just joined us. Charlemagne gave himself donkey of the day to Breakfast Club, nub himself.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I get myself donkey David.
Speaker 6: I apologize the Monique because you know I had no business and you know, in her in her business back in.
Speaker 3: The day, without knowing all of the business, without knowing all of them. Oh yeah, because your job is to be in people's business, but only if you know it all.
Speaker 1: I guess you're just with the mess your news is real.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, Yes, so open it up the phone lines and talking to people out there about you know, charlamage donkey today.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 9: King?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 16: Brother?
Speaker 8: What's your what's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 17: First of all, how you doing, Queen Jess? We need you, need you doing lot.
Speaker 1: Of health for show a sap will thank you King.
Speaker 17: Look, Uh, I'm from the seventeen seventeen hundreds myself, brother, and I appreciate it's it's seventy absolute, that's how that's how I a. But I would appreciate. I want to give you appreciation for being a man and apologize. That's a great thing. But the only thing we need to do in this community is pay attention to your level of who you are right now. Because a lot of things you said inspired me and opened my eyes. So your course is very important in our community. Brother, But I appreciate you for being the man to stepping up and doing that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, King, appreciate you brother.
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 20: Good morning?
Speaker 15: It's Malaysia. How you doing breakfast clubs?
Speaker 13: That's well.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to touch on what you guys are talking about with Monique. I've been behind her suceday one. She definitely always been a good comedian, a good actor, and you know her.
Speaker 6: For going after.
Speaker 20: Her work.
Speaker 6: That okay, that's good, all right, Well, I mean she sued them in one so clearly with some validity to the things that she said.
Speaker 15: Right, you're definitely right and probably want, you know, it to get bigger than it was. So they're just trying to kind of the kind of tried to, you know, make the snowball smaller.
Speaker 13: So that was smart on their behalf, and.
Speaker 15: That was very mature of you to apologize brought you know, Brian can't see it everywhere, just like you did when you, you know, kind of put her out the first time.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I said it in the room.
Speaker 6: I said I should apologize when you can just yes, you just said yes you should, you stoopid mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or something to that effect.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was worse. Hello, who's day?
Speaker 8: What's up? Good morning?
Speaker 1: How you feeling.
Speaker 18: I'm so engraved first of all, just engaginations.
Speaker 16: I've been making us with the mess so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you boy, I got one coming to day, so thank you.
Speaker 18: Charlamagne were so big.
Speaker 20: It takes a bigger process to apologize.
Speaker 1: And when they wrong, thank you you're wrong. We appreciate you have a good one.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, what's the more of the story.
Speaker 1: The more the story is, man, I just want peace for everybody.
Speaker 6: You know, like I said during Donkey of Today, you know, if you don't want your piece to sturb, don't disturb the piece of others. So I hope that you know that apology can help us all you know, heal from this because I love us for real.
Speaker 3: The more in depth moral is mind the business until you know all effects.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe you should do the same, apologize.
Speaker 7: For all fairness. That's right, that's that's ripe and all around the boards. So that's what I'm here for them, letting them up here now.
Speaker 17: That's right.
Speaker 1: And we got j with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got judged with a mess. And guess what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: What don't say?
Speaker 3: What's so quick? We're gonna We're gonna we're talking about men and how they can be affected by things as well. Men are are strong people, but they they're like any other human being. They are emotional as well.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk about that, all right.
Speaker 8: We're gonna do that next. Its breakfast this morning morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is cej Envy Charlamagne to godess hilarious.
Speaker 1: We are a breakfast club. Good morning. Let's get toes with the miss robber Mill just don't do is gonna bring numbers on the breakfast club?
Speaker 23: Sta okay Gee.
Speaker 7: Herbal breaks down over the loss of his best friends.
Speaker 3: So a video of g Herbal talking about, you know, losing his best friend and how you know I heard him very bad. He was on a podcast actually with the father of his best friend and they actually grew up together and he lost them. He lost them, and we just have an audio for it.
Speaker 7: He was saying this.
Speaker 11: I know I'm not responsible, I know I'm not responsible comfortably, and know that it's not my fault, but I'm gonna still feel like it's my fault because I can't live life nothing I do. If I get a Grammy an oscar, I'm gonna think about.
Speaker 1: My little better game.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna like to you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: My life can't be complete withever and why ain't gonna lie you? And don't feel compleat it is never don't feel com plead without him, and I've been through a lot of way too much. It's still ain't making sense to me.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 11: It's a million other people that feel like, yes, that's my point, So I can't take it personally. It's not about me. It ain't about Greg. It's about the way we feel every day and trying to navigate through this. I know y'all try to feel like this gag. I'm ge hurt, but on cap with the you know what I'm saying, find the world crime. I'm letting for real, and.
Speaker 1: I know I am let it out king absolutely nothing wrong with what you're feeling, my brother. You gotta feel your feels.
Speaker 3: And although he did say that it was not his fault, he you know, ended up saying that he felt like it was because you know, he will always tell his best friend, you know, Lil Greg, don't go to that barber shop. Stop going there. And this is just the cause and effect of being in the hood, hanging a certain places in and he said that lot Greg wouldn't listen to him, you know, like you know, he wouldn't listen to him, And like I said, that is a big Greg Low Greg's dad that g Herbal sat down with and it's it's a small podcast, but I think after this, you know, it's gonna actually do its thing, as it showed the emotional side of a rapper, which people tend to act like it's not there. He's still am you know, and he and people deal with lost different ways, and I applaud him for actually just being vulnerable enough.
Speaker 7: And that's his best friend's father, so I know they know each other. They have a deep connection.
Speaker 6: And grief is not linear either, Like it's not like a slow progression forward toward healing. It's a zig zag and it's back and forth. When you may be fine, you might be in tears on the podcast. That's how grief works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can literally see he still tore up about it, you know what I'm saying. And just to shout out the dad's podcast. It's called Daddy's Podcast, and I believe it's this out of Chicago now. Logic confronts his dad for being absent he logically speaking. He has a podcast is called Logically Speaking pod, and he sat down and had a public conversation with his father. He got emotional when he confronted his dad about not being around. Number one waited every weekend and you never showed up.
Speaker 1: He always said that you would.
Speaker 3: What is it like as a man who used a substance.
Speaker 7: That would allow you to make that little boy wait forever?
Speaker 3: The things in which like I have done in my past have come back to haunt me.
Speaker 10: Okay, you know because like you say, peace, love and positivity, right, but you know, how can you have peace, love and positivity if you don't have experience, strength and hope because they both come together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was also emotional as well because for those who don't know, Logic is biracial. When he was actually talking about his parents, so his dad is black and his mom is white, and he was saying it affected him greatly when his dad left because he he has suffered from you know, substance abuge, drug addiction and all that. And when his father left, his mom would like like say racist comments about him, you know, call him out of his name and words and you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 7: And and that actually played a part.
Speaker 1: On racist as much as it is just anger.
Speaker 7: Anger. Yeah, I mean, but she, you know, say those things. I actually said that as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: She was with this man at one point. Then he left and he became a nigga, you know.
Speaker 5: To her, But just imagine how logic grows up because she's grown up on his white side, and he's probably raised to be like that and f those in because they just gonna leave you anyway. So you have to start having that. And if that particular one, yeah maybe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's his dad.
Speaker 3: But he also spoke on how not giving his dad money also actually affected that as well.
Speaker 26: When I give ten thousand here, five thousand here of cash to somebody and then they blow it and then they don't got nothing, don't use it right, and then they look at me like I or I did something wrong, and then they come.
Speaker 8: Back and they ask me again and again and again.
Speaker 27: Now, as a millionaire who has broken that cycle, made it out the hood, educated myself and understand what it means to be self sufficient, there was no way as a man that I could ever as much as it hurts me to see the people that I love struggle, give them money and watch them just burn it to nothing again. So I say all that to say, Daddy, I love you with all my heart and the only reason I ain't never giving you a crazy amount of money is because I didn't want to see you blow it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I actually can understand that as well. Growing up in Baltimore City with you know, family members that you know were addicted you know still are, and just people that I know, and that I've seen people get money and then I've even had money and this money that I won't put in certain people's hands because of that. You know, I'll buy whatever you need for you. But giving you the money just so you can you know, you know they a't gonna do the right thing with know it's not good. So I understand that if stop.
Speaker 6: Asking, stop asking people for amounts you've never had in your life before.
Speaker 1: But they they're talk about you gonna pay him back next Friday. Ye never had this in your life, but you can back next Friday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can't stand it, But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: He breaks it down more. He talks about, you know, giving people houses and cars and things like that. But as our parents grow up and we have aunts and uncles and family members who we're growing up, a lot of times they give us their last right. Their last might not be how much we make now. Their last at the time might be one hundred dollars, and that might be everything to them. So now we're get in position where we make a little bit more money and now they're asking for money.
Speaker 1: Is it that bad?
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying it depends on what they're doing with it. And if you know what they're doing with it, then you a you bother them what they need. You know what I'm saying. You buy them things that are gonna help them be in a better position.
Speaker 1: Taking care of other people. Because they're asked different.
Speaker 6: They go online and google networths and all kinds of stuff and think that's what people actually hold it on to you and liquid and that's what they be after for a crazy amount that'll make you go broke, like the way Logic broke it down just now is absolutely right about all of these people houses have like five million dollard houses, and I got to pay the bills and I gotta take care of your mortgages and all that.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna give you my last meaning. I'm gonna give you the last thing that you gave me. Okay, you gave me.
Speaker 8: I'm gonnaive you twenty two douts back.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 6: You can't be ridiculous with it. But you know why those black men are able to be vulnerable like that. Well, we look at Logic as black black man and a half a black man because they have both done the work on themselves.
Speaker 1: Logic is in therapy. G Herbal was in therapy.
Speaker 6: G Herbal has been a guest that the mental wealth ext I do it every year. So those brothers have done the work on themselves. And there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly why I chose both of these stories to report in the last hour, just to cater to the fact that men are still human and they handle things differently, and they need to be uplifted and encourages as well as well.
Speaker 7: Before I get out of here. I saw something different.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 7: I mean I saw something interesting. Jahim is back.
Speaker 3: Remember we Jahim fans have gone years without hearing from him. And then I remember there was a mean circulating when we saw him. He was like bald, he wasn't looking good or whatever, and they played a joke. It was a joke or whatever, laughing matter when it was like this, what happens when you put that woman first or something like that, and they some people say't he was struggling with addiction and all.
Speaker 7: Of that and he just resurfaced on the net and he looks great.
Speaker 3: His skin looks good, his hair is curly like it's growing back and everything, and he sounds great.
Speaker 7: He sounds his A I mean his yeah, his his.
Speaker 1: Voice and with his aid I really do. I swear you love g R and B.
Speaker 7: And he looks good.
Speaker 3: So hopefully he will be booked in the future and everything. It was announced. I don't know if it was true or not, but it's announced that he's joining Keisha Cold and Tree Songs for a couple of shows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so that would be dope.
Speaker 1: And and also what Tan doing? Ment huhe doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's up with them. They're not in the news today.
Speaker 7: The R and B money is the last thing I.
Speaker 1: Heard from Tanky podcast.
Speaker 7: And I was trying to dance and all of that on stage. But like I said, again, men are.
Speaker 1: It's okay to be vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay to be wealth okay, And everybody is human. John, I'm sure he didn't like saying that stuff about hisself. And I even shared the meme a couple of times, but I'm sure he didn't like saying those things. And then when you look at where he is now. It's like, dang, he just like my uncle. He just like just a person without money's just in the limelight. So just to go a little easy on people, all right, because my uncle can sing two vs on.
Speaker 1: Drugs before all right?
Speaker 5: Hilarious, man, alright, the mess people are crazy for when they go roll but they say they just don't stop they But does she really being sincere?
Speaker 1: But it still sounds like it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good bought it. You're checking out the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is j NV. Just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month?
Speaker 24: What we do?
Speaker 1: Listen, man Suthan, my guy beat out?
Speaker 6: You know every day during Black History be Dot puts out of a podcast called I didn't Know? Maybe you didn't neither on The Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network, And today he's talking to us about no truspassing signs. Have you ever wondered about their origins? Listen on today's episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. I have a question, have you ever seen a no trespassing sign?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 22: They were rooted in slavery? Because I didn't. All right, so let's hop into a tom machine. We're gonna go all the way to the end of the Civil War. Okay, black people are free technically, but we still can't vote. So the white people of the time vote a bunch of white people in office, and the first laws they make are no trespassing laws.
Speaker 1: And why did they make these laws?
Speaker 22: Well, it was an effort for white land owners to disadvantage black workers. See if you go back to season one, if I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. Right here on the Black Effect podcast network, we talked about down in Charleston, South Carolina, where I was educated, on different plantations, and the reality is the white landowners they just owned the land, but they didn't know how to cultivate anything on the land.
Speaker 1: Black folk, Oh.
Speaker 22: We could survive, babe, I mean growing our own fruits and vegetables, catching rabbits and catching fish.
Speaker 9: Bo.
Speaker 22: Wait, if you don't have any land, now you're trespassing. And what's the penalty for trespassing. Well, usually it was astronomical finds that poor black people just couldn't afford.
Speaker 1: So what did the white lawmakers of the time implement?
Speaker 22: You know what new laws and new rules that said that white people could sell you off to other white people for the amount of months that it would take for you to pay off the fine. So there would be auctions at the courthouse that were very, very identical to the auctions that were taking place ten to fifteen years earlier Indian slave periods. But now instead of enslaved individuals being auctioned off, they were criminals, you know, for trespassing. Simply put, no trespassing signs were designed to confined negroes. It was a very easy way for white folks to continue the traditions of those enslaved periods.
Speaker 1: But now under the guise of new laws.
Speaker 22: They even had black codes where you could be arrested for not having a job, even if you didn't need a job. If a black person worked for a white person, he still had to call him master. They would have to get written permission in order to leave. These black codes in Mississippi, South Carolina that Jim Crow South. So yes, once upon a time in America people were free to roam around as they pleased.
Speaker 1: And then came the Civil War in eighteen sixty five. And I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. No all right, will smooth to be that. That's right, and make sure you subscribed that I didn't know. Maybe you didn't neither.
Speaker 6: Available every day during Black History Month on The Black Effect iHeart Radio Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, we got the positive notice to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Warning, everybody's dj.
Speaker 5: NV Jesse Larius Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club. That's time to get up out of here.
Speaker 1: Irish.
Speaker 7: You're good, thank you, Yes, I'm good. I'm not tired today.
Speaker 1: Yes you are. Yes, you're breathing heavy.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I am sorry, but I don't look like it today.
Speaker 8: All right, Well leave us in a positive NOE shuttle listen, listen.
Speaker 6: The positive note today is not that okay, it is some people grow up and some people just get older. Understand the difference. If you don't understand that difference, you're probably not growing up. Have a blessed day, Breakfast Club, bitch is you don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 1: Dump